[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Characters/designs you like, franchises you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 65

File: what.jpg (201KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
201KB, 1366x768px
Have you ever seen a design or character that you really, really liked, but after you watched/read/played whatever they were from, decided you didn't like it or flat out hated it too much that you either decided against cosplaying it or are reluctant to do so?

Characters whose designs you like but personality you hate (or just couldn't pull off) also accepted.
>>
File: CI_100166_1453973881.jpg (110KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CI_100166_1453973881.jpg
110KB, 1024x576px
Pic related is my #1 "love the character, can't stand the series". I'd be perfect for Makina, but I'm not a fan of "forced edginess" series like Deadman.

Also both LoL and RWBY have some really nice designs, but I can't stand either of them or most of their fanbase.
>>
>>9271619
>dressing as something you dont like

Why do people do this.
>>
>>9271662
I think the idea is that you *wanted* to cosplay [x] thing but held back because you didn't like it.
>>
File: IMG_0025.png (93KB, 256x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.png
93KB, 256x576px
Yui Komori from Diabolik Lovers. I love her design but I can't stand her, just like most otome game protagonists.
>>
File: zvezda-um.jpg (98KB, 1005x915px) Image search: [Google]
zvezda-um.jpg
98KB, 1005x915px
I liked Natasha's character design from Zvezda but I just couldn't stand the series, the plot was all over the place. I was mostly interested in the arms/hat design but I don't know how I feel about showing so much skin.
>>
>>9271755
Don't be a weenie.
(Try full body pantyhose. Nobody will blame you on this one.)
>>
Kuroshitsuji. i dislike the series in all its incarnations, hate the way the fanbase slobbers over it, and i am viscerally grossed out by the shota-sex-object pandering.

but the character designs are so nice and i have heard the musical literally uses burando

i just fucking hate everything about it except the clothes
>>
>>9271658
Agreed. I tried to get into Deadman Wonderland but it was just so awful.
>>
>>9271762
Thiiiiis. I love Alois' design and personalty type as a character but I'm beyond squicked out by the shota bait pedo bullshit of the series lmfao.
>>
File: image.jpg (276KB, 640x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 640x933px
I hate SAO with a burning passion but fuck me if she isn't the cutest girl in the series.

I fucking loathe the power fantasy types in the fandom otherwise I would have said fuck it and cosplayer her a year ago. I just don't want to get locked in a convo about "asuna is best girl."
She's a fuck toy. Read the novel.
>>
>>9271755
Totally agree with you on this, though I personally prefer her labcoat. Also Plamya's design.

I hate it when really great outfit designs are wasted on trainwreck series. Burst Angel, Guilty Crown, and Rokka no Yuusha are series which also have some super cosplayable designs, but the shows were just a mess.
>>
File: Vi_0.jpg (354KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Vi_0.jpg
354KB, 1215x717px
I cannot stand League of Legends but I think some of the champion/skin designs are pretty cool.
>>
>>9271921
I'm seconding this opinion.
>>
>>9271826
Are you me? I ADORE everything about Alois Trancy as a character, but I can't stand actually watching the show he's in... I watched all of Black Butler season 1 because I was a young weeb, season 2 for Alois, and now I'm tempted to watch the Circus thing because of the beautiful designs even if I know I won't like it...
>>
>>9272046
>I can't stand actually watching the show he's in
love yourself. you can appreciate the chatacter designs without subjecting yourself to a shitty, commercial, pandering, intellectually insulting show.
>>
File: 022_023.png (875KB, 1797x1300px) Image search: [Google]
022_023.png
875KB, 1797x1300px
>>9271762
>>9271826
Didn't the anime literally trash the second season, which exemplified all the awful shit mentioned here, because of how most of the fanbase hated it?
>>
>>9271956
>>9271658
League of Legends x3. I like some of the characters, but the obnoxious fanbase drove me away from cosplaying them because
a) I don't wanna get swarmed by said obnoxious fanboys and fangirls.
b)the fanbase actually killed any interest I mught had on the game itself, and it's my personal rule to never cosplay from something I've never played / read / watched (I hate posers with a burning passion and woldn't like to be called one, ever).
>>
>>9272054
Pretty much, all the complaints thus far have been a mainly concerning stuff in the uncanon second season, so I wonder if these gulls haven't touched the manga or anything besides the shit season.
>>
>>9272056
The fanbase is pretty dead by now though; everyone moved on to overwatch.
>>
>>9272059
I mean I've heard the manga's better, but I also just don't like reading manga. I watch so much anime because I like watching animated things, but I don't really care for comics. I watched most of the first season, got bored and dropped about 3/4 through, and watched all of the second because even if it was bad it was never boring.
>>
This guy is one of my favorite designs ever. I actually like the series Star Driver, but it's overall nothing super special or memorable and is pretty irrelevant now, so I'll probably never do it.

Also, Owari no Seraph. I don't hate the show, I just think it's average, but my god, I LOVE the designs for every single male character in that show. I'd wear them all in a second, but I don't want to spend all the effort and resources to actually make them, when I don't care much about the source. In love with Mika's design regardless. I have a thing for military-themed boys in white with thigh-high boots, apparently.
>>
File: star driver.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
star driver.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>9272072
Dropped image
>>
File: CkP5e2xXAAA3KEQ.jpg (341KB, 800x1709px) Image search: [Google]
CkP5e2xXAAA3KEQ.jpg
341KB, 800x1709px
>>9272067
They've adapted two more arcs into anime since then, with another coming out as a movie next year.

The Book of Circus adapts one of Kuroshits' darker arcs and the not-Titanic arc was just plain weird to me, but the Book of Murder is pretty inoffensive by all accounts. It's a fun, self-contained murder mystery if that's your cup of tea.
>>
File: Doll_promotional_pic.png (624KB, 874x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Doll_promotional_pic.png
624KB, 874x1152px
>>9272093
...I meant to post this instead.
>>
>>9272067
>>9272059

Oddly enough, I enjoyed the second season, but then it was already spoilered to death by the time I watched it so I just enjoyed how wtf the whole season was. First season was all right, but the manga was definitely better.

For anon who doesn't like manga, kuroshitsuji has a few anime movies out, the storylines follows the manga a little bit better, so that's an option if you still want to get into the story. Or you could try looking for other anime/manga with just similar aesthetics but different everything else, like Pandora Hearts.
>>
>>9272059
>all the complaints thus far have been a mainly concerning stuff in the uncanon second season
i read the manga up to a bit of the giant boat arc before giving up, and watched the first season because i did not love myself enough to stop.

the shota-sex-object pandering comment was about the mangaka's specific choices and the fanbase's specific ways of interfacing with the content.

was not sure if i should use a good cosplay fanservice pic or bad cosplay fanservice pic and decided to go to the source and use an example of a fan interfacing with the source text
>>
File: Cain.Hargreaves.full.56784.jpg (1005KB, 2110x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cain.Hargreaves.full.56784.jpg
1005KB, 2110x1500px
>>9272104
>Or you could try looking for other anime/manga with just similar aesthetics but different everything else, like Pandora Hearts.
or pic related
>>
File: tumblr_nrelj2J5En1sgtt6eo1_500.jpg (65KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrelj2J5En1sgtt6eo1_500.jpg
65KB, 500x708px
I loved Fremy's design soooo so much (I am admittedly a huge sucker for albino chsracters) but Rokka No Yuusha was garbage and it totally dashed my plans for this costume.

I also cosplay Touhou and I like it a lot but I suck at the games so I'm not really crazy about them... I feel almost guilty about continually making costumes from it.
>>
File: 81MBaRDA9mL._SL1439_.jpg (290KB, 1016x1439px) Image search: [Google]
81MBaRDA9mL._SL1439_.jpg
290KB, 1016x1439px
It's one of the few Aikatsu outfits that I actually like too.

I actually much prefer Aikatsu Stars but they haven't released any character/outfit combo that I care for yet.
>>
>>9272122
You're so damn right, anon.
>>
>>9271762
>i just fucking hate everything about it except the clothes
Same. The majority of the characters have shit personalities and Yana is very unsuccessful at doing mood shifts, every time the series tries to be comedic it fails terribly. The manga seems a bit better because it does have an ongoing story but it doesn't seem like it's getting close to ending.

Maybe if she had more work under her belt it'd be better story-wise but all she's ever done before this series was shotacon shit, right? It's like Akira Amano with Katekyo Hitman Reborn - great art with bad execution.
>>
>>9271658
>>9271956
>>9272056
League x4, yo. The fan base is annoying as fuck.

>>9272141
That's cute af!
>>
>>9272141
Aikatsu Stars has ugly af designs though anon.

Aikatsu/Stars is hailed as great but honestly suffers from Mary Sue syndrome.
>>
>>9272141
>Not liking original aikatsu
>Liking worst girl

But actually that's one of the outfits I really liked, but disliked Maria so much that I'd never want to cosplay her.
>>
>>9272296
>but all she's ever done before this series was shotacon shit, right?
that explains so much...
>>
Pretty much all of Love Live. So many of the outfits are adorable and cosplayable, but I just can't get beyond the fact its sexy teen girls created solely so gross otaku can jerk off and throw money at the series.
>>
>>9272631
>but I just can't get beyond the fact its sexy teen girls created solely so gross otaku can jerk off and throw money at the series

>implying that it's just for men
>no possibility that it's for women who wish they were aidorus
>>
>>9272643
>implying
>>
File: image.png (129KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129KB, 512x720px
>>9272656
>implying
>>
>>9272074
>>9272072
Ohhh my heart. I feel. I'd fantasize about making a 10/10 Takuto with LED swords and everything, but I'd just get mistaken for that guy from one of Yugioh's ugly spawns or not recognized at all.

In that branch though, you might as well go forward with OnS while it's still relevant. As long as you sat through the show, no one would bug you much about it.
>>
File: Nico20.png (346KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Nico20.png
346KB, 1024x1024px
>>9272631
You must have a hard time enjoying anything with a majority-girl cast then, huh
It's the unfortunate case of Japan's filthy otaku culture, really. Idol stuff emphasizes it even moreso.
I think Aikatsu's one of the better cases of "idol stuff that's actually made for girls"? But I hope you like over-the-top kawaii.

Saying this as someone who's into Love Live, it's just an understandable viewpoint.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 500x375px
I love the art style of Patalliro! and I love all of Maraich's ugly frilly 1970s outfits, but the plot is as bad as any generic yaoi. Bancoran is practically a child predator, Maraich gets pregnant twice, it's a mess. It's only saving grace as a story is that it's old and was progressive for it's time.
>>
>>9272677

>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y0Xdj5NLPeFaDn954-i9zErhAsAm_I6dhj3wFGwgO08/viewanalytics

>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ubsn2AS8Iof4QMuDWmEuYkgLiBgLof_v70sr7xZ7z6A/viewanalytics

>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lt6cUopJSKiEbVLVONvzcfxfXEehKIjy1ETHgOOMbR4/viewanalytics

3 separate polls for love live demographics, take them as you will (Pretty popular amongst women if not made for girls tho)
>>
File: Trinity Universe - Mizuki.jpg (258KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity Universe - Mizuki.jpg
258KB, 1280x960px
I seriously love this outfit, but Trinity Universe is such a shitty game
>>
>>9272681
I said I was into Love Live myself. I know these things.
Western fandom is predominantly female, but it's still made for guys over in Japan
>>
>>9271658
>>9271956
>>9272056
>>9272347
I'm actually cosplaying League of Legends, playing it at least not bad and am deep into e-sports things and memes, but the most thing I hate are 13yo fangirls playing "girl support only", dirty and messy 18yo virgins trying to touch my ass, dumbasses who've never read lore, filthy casuals in Teemo hats, bronze scrubs with their bronze analytics, did I forgot anyone?
Oh w8 a second. Esp. I hate myself for being such a special snowflake.
>>
>>9271921
Shit, anon. Are you me? I was going to cosplay Sinon but I loathe SAO with the passion of a thousand suns. Her outfit's just really cute.
>>
>>9272571
One of the gripes that really gets me about Aikatsu/Stars is it's such a shitty setup for girls to aspire too. All rich girls going to rich girls idol boarding school. Also episodes centred on you must be skinny, ughhh.
>>
>>9272708
Is that what you really get from it? First off, the "you must be skinny" ep was about Ichigo getting fat and lazy, and her friends told her "we don't care if you're fat but you shouldn't be this lazy". Second, it shows a world where girls are taken seriously and are in high positions of power. It shows girls achieving their dreams and making themselves happy.

Go back to Love Live, casual.
>>
>>9272708
Are you fat?
>>
>>9272738
Even love live has an episode about how you can eat a lot but you'll look fat and sloppy if you don't work it off. Anon is probably a tumblrina who's mad that there aren't animes about disabled trans aro/ace woc idols with 50 mental problems who are from poor families.
>>
File: pokemonNO.jpg (415KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonNO.jpg
415KB, 744x1052px
Pretty much anything from Pokemon. The character designs are adorable but I could just never get into the game/series.
>>
File: CyWJA_iUQAAMh5O.png (2MB, 2280x681px) Image search: [Google]
CyWJA_iUQAAMh5O.png
2MB, 2280x681px
>>9272399
I much prefer Aikei's loose designs to Yaguchi's plastic-y ones. Yaguchi's style has a certain charm to it for sure, but her sameface is too strong for my tastes.

>>9272571
Never said I liked Maria. Thought my post implied the opposite.

>>9272631
Love Live frustrates me since they have so many good outfits that are available on Taobao that actually look real nice (and I'm not one to buy premade cos), but I just can't get into it.
>>
File: IMG_7816.png (233KB, 474x885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7816.png
233KB, 474x885px
>>9272571
Check out Pripara's fictional brand Coco Flower, they have a character that wears a lot of this kind of thing. Also because of how the arcade game works technically any character can wear any coord.
>>
File: 1480446554819.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480446554819.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>9272777
>>
>>9273010
Eh don't blame them. The games (as games) have taken a huge nosedive since BW2 but even then there's way better RPGs. On topic, I've got the opposite problem of this though. I enjoyed the games but there isn't really any character I want to make.
>>
>>9271619
tokyo ghoul. I don't think it's bad, but I never really got into it. Really love kaneki kens mask though
>>
>>9272738
Bulshit, showed her getting skinny in less than an episode. Yes it shows them being lazy is not good but the way they showed it "if you like to eat food means you don't have energy to be an idol and the cards won't except you". Shitty lesson for kids. Aikatsu may have treated the audience like they had brain cells but that doesn't mean some lessons were complete bull sometimes. Ngl after S1, it lost the sense of where it was going and the meaning of the cards and dresses was completely lost, Akari at the end of the run had like 6 premiums.
>>
>>9272759
samefag but I'm rly not, I just hate how that Aikatsu episode was worded and shown. It had a good intention but can come across shitty to kids who wanna be idols but put on weight easy. i understand idol ethics and it's a shitty world and whatever, I ain't one of these tumblrinas who draws Nozomi fat and black and Nico is now American because her name is shortened from Nicole(????).
Stars is at least going in the more believable route of overworked idols.
>>
>>9272678
In a similar boat actually.
Then I just said fuck it and made a Kaze to Ki no Uta cosplay anyway. No one recognized it so I couldn't feel guilty, and at least I looked hella fab.
Join me in 70s BL trash hell
>>
>>9272093
Huh, I like The Book of Circus. It was the first series I saw. I couldn't get into any of the others though, even the original.
>>
File: animegirleatingbigsandwich.png (10KB, 797x72px) Image search: [Google]
animegirleatingbigsandwich.png
10KB, 797x72px
Have you guys ever cosplayed from a series/game/anime/whatever that you didn't like or watch?
If so, what do when someone comes and says:
>"omg I love when ____ does ____ in the show, you look so great and..."

Also, is it considered fraud if you do this kind of thing?
>>
>>9272046
Please watch Book of Circus. It's wonderful.
>>
>>9276182
If something like that happened to me I'd probably say that I saw the character plastered all over my friends tumblr and when I told her I liked the design she convinced me to cosplay them.
>>
File: Marion.jpg (30KB, 353x526px) Image search: [Google]
Marion.jpg
30KB, 353x526px
>>9272072
Fucking Star Driver The Ginga Bishonen was wasted on this show. I cosplayed Manticore back in the day because it was one of the few designs that didn't show an absurd amount of skin, appealed to my weeb tastes and she was one of if not the only female character that wasn't after the D.
>>
>>9276182
I mean, I've never done this but I've admittedly considered cosplaying characters before I'm done watching a series, so I've thought about how to respond.

1. Tell them I'm new to the series, and really loved the character so far but I'm still in the process of watching everything.

2. If its a series that's at least 5 years old, memorize important points from the character's Wiki beforehand, and play it off as "Oh man, I haven't seen this show in ages, I need to go back and rewatch it."

If people still throw fits about it, that's on them for being anal. With how many titles anime fans consume these days, nobody's going to remember each and every detail unless they're die-hard fans.

If you're going to cosplay a character from something you couldn't make it through, you should absolutely do some research with AMVs so you can at least get an idea of the character's personality through body language and know how to pose appropriately rather than end up being like one of those 10000 Yoko's that does pouty-face sex bunny poses. Looking at official art is also a good idea but admittedly some characters are sexed up more than they should be for the sake of marketing appeal (Code Geass being a prime example).
>>
>>9275248
It's generally considered to be one of Kuroshits' best arcs, but there are quite a lot of uncomfortable scenes in it, hence why I recommended the self-contained murder mystery instead.
>>
File: whymustyoubegarbage.jpg (785KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whymustyoubegarbage.jpg
785KB, 1920x1080px
Choujigen Game Neptune is this for me, 100% Love the outfits, loathe the shit-tier story of both the game and the anime.

>>9272064
>The fanbase is pretty dead by now
Not even close. I still see tons of League cosplays at every con I attend.

>>9272296
>all she's ever done before this series was shotacon shit, right?
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.
>>
>>9272114
I was into Kuroshit deep for about 2-3 months when I was like 15 or 16 and somehow just in a single moment broke and never looked back.

Now I can't stand seeing the shota pandering shit they got going on.
>>
>>9273014
>not liking sun and moon
>>
>>9276724
was about the say the same, if anything they're better then BW/BW2 in my eyes and those have been my favorites for years.

Took them a while to figure out how they wanted to handle the series and how to make it look, but Sun and Moon really nailed it imo
>>
>>9275248
I like the Circus arc the most, even after all this time (caught up with the manga). I like how they expanded on the servants, and how they played the darker themes.
>>
Leaguex100. There's so many skins and some I haven't seen done that I would want to do but man that fanbase sucks.

I wanted to cosplay Yuno Gasai before watching Future Diary. Then I watched it and realized how fucking awful she is.

I want to cosplay KanColle but I haven't read/seen/played any of it. But those Northern Sea/emo boat girls are so fucking cute.
>>
>>9276478
>Choujigen Game Neptune is this for me, 100% Love the outfits, loathe the shit-tier story of both the game and the anime.
Seconded. I honestly judge anyone who legitimately likes the Neptunia series, but damn the designs are nice.
>>
I'm a huge fan of the street fighter franchise, and I get so fucking triggered by all my cosplay friends who "totally played street fighter as a kid and loved chun li/cammy"
>>
File: remo.png (182KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
remo.png
182KB, 350x250px
I fell in love with Nendoroid Remo because of how cute she is... so I decided to watch the film (Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai) she's from to see if she's worth buying. the movie was some weird, sci-fi, bit hard to follow along with (+a little boring for me)... so I decided against it. I still think she's rather cute though.
>>
File: cute_shota.jpg (248KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
cute_shota.jpg
248KB, 600x570px
>all the shota hate itt
>mfw the shotas are the only things I like about Kuroshit.
Plebs

>>9271619
I love the outfits of a lot of otome protagonists, but would never cosplay most of them because of the source material. The biggest example (besides Yui, already posted) is the girl from Brother's Conflict.
>>
>>9276973
Fuck Brother's Conflict, honestly.
>>
>>9276973
>I love the outfits of a lot of otome protagonists

Same desu
I hate that on the other side the actual characters that matter, the guys, usually look weird as fuck. Diabolik lovers is... okay in that regard, but holy fuck Amnesia's designs are just god awful except for the protag.

Reminds me how I wish it was easier to play otome games, they barely get (fan) translations and I don't want to play Amnesia because the plot and guys just don't appeal to me at all.
>>
File: 1404885596264.jpg (21KB, 475x263px) Image search: [Google]
1404885596264.jpg
21KB, 475x263px
>>9276973
mah nigga
>>
File: CT_Kashima_465_Full.png (294KB, 489x722px) Image search: [Google]
CT_Kashima_465_Full.png
294KB, 489x722px
Kashima from Kantai Collection. She's right up my alley; I love everything about her design. I don't really have anything against Kancolle, but I did play Touken Ranbu for a while and found the gameplay heinously boring, so I assume i'd have the same issue with Kancolle.

Also almost everyone I've encountered who is a fan of the series is very creepy,
>>
Noel's first design is so cute, but I can't stand the creator favoritism and her overall blandness
>>
>>9276973
>>all the shota hate itt
>>mfw the shotas are the only things I like about Kuroshit.
>Plebs
your fetish is gross and you belong with the neckbeard loli-lovers.
>>
>>9276478
There's still a lot, but there's far less than there used to be and many of the gamur grills XD have moved from pretending they play league to pretending they hate it now.
>>
File: RduPn.jpg (60KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
RduPn.jpg
60KB, 600x398px
I really loved the designs of the MKNR uniforms, but the show (not sure about the light novel, never read it) is so bland, badly paced, and not to mention that the main character is worse than Kirito when it comes to Gary Stu levels, that I instinctively don't want to cosplay anything from this.
>>
>>9272678
Holy hell, this is the last thing I was expecting to be mentioned simply because of obscurity. I've had three different Mariach cosplays sitting in my closet with no excuse to wear them. I love the series for it's ridiculousness and pretty boys, but it's pretty pretty far out there and has suffered some terrible plot (what plot?) points. Progressive, yes. Good? Not really.
>>
File: Yuris.jpg (99KB, 460x607px) Image search: [Google]
Yuris.jpg
99KB, 460x607px
I'm ready for the shitfest, but I didn't like this game at all. The characters just have good costumes I'd like to make
>>
File: 1464539914800.jpg (160KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464539914800.jpg
160KB, 640x800px
>>9277789
I love loli too, so at least I'd get along with them.
>>
>>9276973
http://noeyebrow313.tumblr.com/

>this fucking tumblr
>>
>>9277825

This! This so hard!
It's like he's placed as bottom bitch for a reason, but he magically (no pun intended) manages to kick the ass of everyone because no one else has ever thought to use certain techniques in the history of ever.

Also the incest was gross. I thought we'd get an actual reason his sister wanted to bone him but we got nothing.

The pseudo-science made me want to vomit and pissed off my boyfriend who is actually into physics, science etc.
>>
>>9278602
bless
>>
File: wakfu_by_gueuzav-d4qs2yk.png (2MB, 1024x1472px) Image search: [Google]
wakfu_by_gueuzav-d4qs2yk.png
2MB, 1024x1472px
I've always liked the general design of Wakfu characters, especially Amalia, but holy shit the animated series is pure cringe, I just can't into that voice acting.
The game never seemed really interesting to me either, so I guess I'll just stay here and admire those french hips.
>>
>>9279083
You can't mean the french voice acting, can you?
>>
>>9276926
Ok voldie
>>
>>9277096
I'm cosplaying a ship girl again at my next con and I never played the game. I played touken ranbu too, and never started Kancolle for the same gameplay reasons. Most people in my area don't know anything in-depth about Kancolle either but just think the outfits are cute like I do. Even when people do talk to me about it, it's usually about character-related memes I already know of without playing the game.

Tons of people cosplay Kancolle because cute girls are cute. I see nothing wrong with that if it makes people happy. There's like nothing concerning the storyline or gameplay to have long discussions about. That's why Kancolle threads on other boards are full of waifufags. Series like these are for people to enjoy the character designs.
>>
>>9273229
I have this issue with any/all shows that do this ridiculous theme. The person who is now "fat" either looks exactly the same or drawn ridiculously big, which would months/years of binging to get that size, then takes like, maybe an episode/anime week to lose it all.

It's just stupid and better things could happen in that time.

In terms of things I go "ooh pretty" at, but don't like the actually thing. I love a lot of project diva stuff except the actual characters. And, whilst I play League, the players are pretty horrific and toxic. I also love the designs floating about for MLP but I really dislike the show
>>
>>9271619
Oh my God. Hyperdimension Neptunia. I was in love with the character designs then I played the game for the first time and it was so frustrating and cringy I just couldn't continue
>>
File: 1449808706649.png (407KB, 680x647px) Image search: [Google]
1449808706649.png
407KB, 680x647px
>>9271619
yes
every anime character ever
well the cute outfitted ones that is

I cant even remotely watch or read anime, but I like the clothes ;-;
>>
>>9279528
>read anime
>>
>>9272122
jesus christ that anime was a wreck. all the characters were SO unlikeable, and the plot is way to convoluted
>>
>>9279165
Yeah that's fair, I don't have a problem with people cosplaying them without playing it, because there's no real depth to the series and is basically all about which character's design you prefer. Still I generally prefer to cosplay from something that I enjoy playing or watching
>>
Maihime deserved to be in a better plot.
>>
Slightly off topic since I actually really like this stupid manga

But I'm so crazy in love with this character design, yet can never cosplay it because boobs and no way to make it look not super slutty on a female body.
>>
>>9272046
Circus is definitely my favorite part of the series.
Wish they had kept those characters and worked more with them
>>
>>9276478
See I kind of like it because of how garbage it is. I make no allowances for how weird it is and how forced some of the humor is. Gameplay is good though in the remakes you have to give it that.
>>
>>9277096
Kancolle is luckily one of those fandoms where luckily nobody cares if you only watch the anime as long as you get in-jokes
>>
>>9279093
damn lmao
>>
>>9280063
It'd also be super slutty on a male body mind you.
And what's that from? I feel like I know it.
>>
>>9280063
I mean its already incredibly slutty on that boy
>>
>>9279088
I do. Maybe it's just me but I can't even finish a 5 minute YouTube video of it
>>
>>9280202
>>9280197
Granted the character is also a massive slut (he's amazing though.) It's from Adekan, a horror/mystery/fanservicy manga. Lots of super detailed great costume designs.
>>
>>9271956
Same but with Jinx. I just want to cosplay cute flat chested women who aren't lolicon bait.
>>
Another fan of Adekan! Holy shit, where have you been hiding Anon?
I love all of the parasols and steampunk gun accessories. And I have to admit, I am a sucker for a slow-burn yaoi romance.
>>
>>9276845
Sun and Moon was so dumbed down compared to the older games. You practicaly zoomed through the island challeneges. There's no longer puzzles to solve, fighting the captains is optional. It's a good step in the direction they wanted, since Nintendo is trying to push Pokemon as their Yokai Watch, but they've really taken a few steps back in regards to not treating kids like they are mentally retarded and incapable of being challenged a little.
>>
>>9280350
Jinx is horribly overdone because of that reason, too.
I hope you find your holy grail one day, anon
>>
>>9273014

I think most of the nosedive has to do with the change from 2d to 3d. Things are getting "better" although im not sure if its that theres more pokemon than gen 6 had or that the map isnt a grid anymore, I dunno. Theres some legimate complaints such as each and every trainer only having one pokemon, no real place to grind and as usual no post game and by post game i mean something on par with sinnoh, johtos or oras hoenns post games
>>
>>9271762
I feel the same way, the costumes are so beautiful but the series itself is just awful.
>>
File: Hoshizora.png (2MB, 1045x876px) Image search: [Google]
Hoshizora.png
2MB, 1045x876px
I've posted this in the past, but Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. Specifically Hina Sakai because her personality is adorable and interesting but this is because I watched the anime before I knew it was a ....dirty game. Can't do it now.
>>
>>9287700
>Not cosplaying from an eroge
Pussy
>>
>>9272678
Still gonna cosplay Maraich, but I'm an idiot.
>>
>>9277967
Iiit's not that obscure, anon.
>>
>>9276210
THIS.
>>
>>9279083
OH GOD SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!
I love the look and designs, but thought the first arc was kinda meh and vector animation kinda ruined it all with the obnoxious voice acting (in all languages might I say).
But I have shittons of characters I want to cosplay!
>>9279088
The french dub is way better than the english one but still atrocious, I'm afraid.
>>
>>9287700
Come on, there are a gazillion series that are based on eroge. ef, Utawarerumono, 11eyes...and oh my god, even Fate/Stay Night. And yet people cosplay them no problem. Nobody's going to fucking judge you, just pretend you don't know about the eroge if you actually enjoyed the series.
>>
>>9271762
I liked kuro when the anime came out
It was 'babys first anime's + 'babys first ship' you can probably guess who I slashed
Looking back I can say that I'm ashamed for supporting the ship even if it was just anime characters
>>
>>9278341
Disgusting I thought you had taste
>>
File: Episode_8.png (520KB, 795x450px) Image search: [Google]
Episode_8.png
520KB, 795x450px
Re:Zero has some pretty adorable characters but i personally can not enjoy the series nor can I stand the constant barrage of "shitty MC with no redeeming qualities is transported/reincarnated/banished to video game/fantasy world"

SAO falls into this same boat and it pains me that they're so big
>>
>>9272643
>>9272660
You're both retarded if you think that women have even a sliver of support in the series like men. If all women who like Love Live stopped liking it, it would still be a super power anime.
>>
>>9287700
I want to cosplay Endoh Ifrina from Figu@Mate but it's just such a nasty fucking game that I can't bring myself to interact with anyone who enjoys it.
>>
File: black parade.jpg (183KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
black parade.jpg
183KB, 1000x750px
not a series/franchise example, but there's a ton of scene/pop punk band costumes that I quite like (see pic related) but musically I cannot stand pop punk at all.
>>
>>9293064
I hated SAO but after the first few episodes I thought Re:Zero was far better quality wise.
>>
File: Alleyne_24.jpg (257KB, 1055x1436px) Image search: [Google]
Alleyne_24.jpg
257KB, 1055x1436px
>>9276478
I - actually really like the games lmao. I'm surprised so many people don't like it - I kinda like how lame it is and the combat gets really good in later games. I can't argue that it's very trashy though.

I really like the design of Alleyne from Queen's Blade but I HATE Queen's Blade. The outfit is so cute but I can't look past the trashy ecchi garbage.
>>
>>9272678
>mfw I only remember Maraich from LJ RP ten years ago

>>9287700
These characters look generic af

>>9293104
just do the boys from FFXV they have these same damn outfits
>>
File: Bad Science Phoebe.gif (4MB, 418x356px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Science Phoebe.gif
4MB, 418x356px
I love this dress, and I'd love to figure out how to make the sabres appear to levitate. But I don't play MOBAs or really any pvp games like Battleborn.
>>
>>9296563
Nobody plays Battleborn period.
>>
>>9271762
Isn't the music by Yasunori "Chrono Trigger/Xenogears" Mitsuda? As a big JRPG nerd I've been curious to check out the soundtrack but nothing about the show looks appealing
>>
>>9296592
I guess. I've got a couple of friends that play a lot, I just like the character designs.
>>
File: IMG_0928.png (326KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0928.png
326KB, 500x570px
>>9276973
This. I was just about to say, Kuroshitsuji as a series is mediocre at best. I like it for the top tier shota and style. I cannot believe there are actually people who like Kuro but hate shota. What weirdos.

>>9278341
Also this. A loli is fine too.
>>
File: 1428627972198.png (144KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428627972198.png
144KB, 500x281px
>>9300444
I stuck in it for the fashion and shota but stopped after Circus because it wasn't something I think the series could top.
>>
>>9272072
>>9272074
I'm going to be honest I'm still so tempted to cosplay professor green.
>>
File: Asuna_Sword_Art_Online.png (225KB, 368x704px) Image search: [Google]
Asuna_Sword_Art_Online.png
225KB, 368x704px
I've always loved Asuna's design but... SAO isn't worth it
>>
File: 1318201710186280004.jpg (60KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1318201710186280004.jpg
60KB, 800x450px
i love her character design but this show is so insufferable and boring. i couldnt get past the first episode
>>
>>9300420
That's fine I guess, but in the end it's the Betamax of MOBA shit.
>>
>>9301751
Go for it
>>
>>9301858
Yes I love Mirai's design! You could at least wear it for comfy days at a con, I don't think the series garnered enough spergs where someone would give you shit for it
>>
>>9301858
This series was so bad. It wanted to be Noragami, but it was a one cour show so there was no time to get invested in any of the fantasy shit.
>>
File: 438091-264025_polka1.jpg (190KB, 954x1211px) Image search: [Google]
438091-264025_polka1.jpg
190KB, 954x1211px
I absolutely love the game and its designs, but almost all the characters are insufferable. Polka being the absolute worst. I just wish I didn't like her design so much.
>>
File: 1482966543429.png (4MB, 1504x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482966543429.png
4MB, 1504x2048px
I don't know if it fits OP's criteria but I have to say Touhou. I love the characters, stories and the games, but it's the fanbase that makes me shy away from cosplaying from it.
At a some cons I have been to there is always a group of cosplayers who will mark and shun you as a "secondary" if you don't know some obscure fact about the series.
I not saying all Touhou cosplayers do that, I have met some really cool people who genuinely love the series, and not have a "muh secret club" mentality.
>>
File: LL.jpg (95KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
95KB, 600x800px
>>9293075
You know about 43% of the fanbase is female, right?
>>
>>9300444
It's even worse. I stumbled in a community on Tumblr called "healthy Kuro" and they're all about only shipping characters with a two year age difference who are over 18 and have never done anything "problematic." For extra lulz the leader of the group is obsessed with Grell and will go to hilarious lengths to describe why Grell is actually flawless and perfect. So weird, why can't they go find some show that's not totally centred around the noises Ciel makes when Sebastian tightens his corset and leave us degenerates alone?
>>
File: IMG_0796.png (3MB, 1300x1654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0796.png
3MB, 1300x1654px
>>9302358
Top fucking kek. I'm kind of glad they exist just for amusement's sake.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (125KB, 455x640px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
125KB, 455x640px
Hikaru is my favorite and Umi has almost no redeeming character qualities, but I'm making a cosplay of her right now bc she's pretty and I'd suit her better, so it's still a way to show love for the show.
>>
File: 1474695561975.gif (613KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
1474695561975.gif
613KB, 500x331px
>>9302026
aww anon i love this game! the character are so lame it's silly but they're all so beautiful
>>
>>9279083
>the animated series is pure cringe
triggered
>>
File: IMG_8069.jpg (442KB, 1536x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8069.jpg
442KB, 1536x664px
I used to be really excited for Moana before it came out, but now that I've seen the movie, I'm actually disappointed for various reasons (which I'm not gonna go into because it'll derail the thread). NGL I wouldn't necessarily be against cosplaying Moana, but the biggest pet peeves I have for her, cosplayer wise, are when people either don't use the right materials or use heavy drag makeup for their look.
>>
>>9301858
I always thought there was something wrong with me for not understanding why everyone loved this show. The pacing of the first episode was so chaotic that I couldn't get into it. Too bad, because it looks adorable and the characters seemed tolerable.
>>
>>9303003
Moana was good aside from pacing. leagues better than Frozen overall.
>>
>>9302296
Kinda ironic because if you solely played the games, it's not like it goes deep into lore anyway; the music/ manga (which is secondary material) does. Honestly fuck em and keep cosplaying all those qt., frilly hat girls
>>
File: Twewy-shiki-misaki2[1][1].jpg (84KB, 500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Twewy-shiki-misaki2[1][1].jpg
84KB, 500x1100px
I really like Shiki from TWEWY character design and outfit but I've never seen it done right, There have been no good ana-chan's doing the attempt and all I've ever seen were fattychan's trying to look cute.
But I feel like the fanbase for it (if it still exists lol) and for SquareEnix games in general just ruins everything.
>>
>>9302296
As a Touhou cosplayer I've never experienced this. I find the Touhou fans to be the most acceptive and positive towards newbies and casuals.
>>
>>9302450
Kinda OT, I love this series but I wish they hadn't switched Fuu from bow to sword. I just like having an archer in the group and I think she still could have looked cool with a big grand bow instead of a tall ass sword like everyone else.
>>
>>9305555
Oh shit, I forgot about Shiki. She was my dream cosplay back in the day, very glad that skinny fat teen me did not go through with that.
>>
File: 45613376_p0.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
45613376_p0.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>9271619
I absolutely adore MGQ but I feel like I'd be flayed alive for cosplaying what is literally a rape game in public and I can't imagine the people who would recognize it would be pleasant.
>>
>>9272686
Ahhhh yes. It's really bad game.
>>
>>9312754
I know what you mean. I'd love to cosplay Celia but she's originally from a porn game. Even if I was recognized it might not be the best interaction.
>>
>>9273014
>>9276724
>>9276845
Sun and Moon is trash compared to Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire, and B/W/B2/W2.

>>9287134
This. They took one of the worst parts of Gen 4 and made the whole fucking game about holding your hand and railroading you through. And here I thought they'd learned from that mistake back in Gen 4. Apparently not.
>>
>>9303003
Moana had a good start and an okay end. Everything between was kind of a drag. I was hoping to see more "villains" and monsters. Not Moana and Maui perpetually fighting.
>>
>>9312754
God damn, I know this feel
>>
>>9317517
Why are you playing a game for children if all you're looking for is difficulty? Sun/Moon had way better worldbuilding and region design than any other game and the supporting characters were finally actually more than cardboard cutouts (excluding N). Turn off the EXP share and use fewer Pokemon if it's too easy for you.
>>
File: hibari-senran-kagura-4.35.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
hibari-senran-kagura-4.35.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>9271619
Some designs from Nekopara, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Senran Kagura are super adorable but you wouldn't catch me dead cosplaying anything from ecchi media.

Ecchitards can't keep their hands to themselves and are the type of manchildren that blame it on your costume.

Additionally, female characters that are from non-ecchi media but still come from fandoms with high amounts of autism/waifuism are to be avoided at all costs. (Usually if it has ecchi-like fanservice, avoid avoid avoid.)
>>
>>9317618
And then you also have cosplays from sfw media with autistic rabid fandoms like SU, Undertale, colorful horses, etc. but I'm thankful that I don't particularly like any of the costume designs from those.

>>9301858
Her character isn't that bad either, it was just a weak anime.
>>
>>9317618
I cosplayed a Senran Kagura character last year and all of my interactions were positive. It was mostly people super happy to see a cosplay from those games at all.
Nekopara would probably attract the wrong kind of person though.
>>
>>9317595
>Good region design
>Barely any water exploration in a region based on Hawaii

Lol k, go to actual Hawaii and try again.
>>
>>9318127
Ok, I have been to Hawaii multiple times, you have a point. The actual maps themselves were undeniably a lot better than in the past though.
>>
>>9317618
I cosplayed this exact character, but most people assumed I was "Madoka at gym class" and complimented me on the outfit.

I DID get one guy whisper in my ear "You've got a cute butt" but he was gone before I could say anything. It also probably helped that I was with my best friend who is a guy.
>>
File: IMG_1376.png (389KB, 579x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1376.png
389KB, 579x669px
I love Hanzo from Overwatch from his backstory to his overall look. I'd also love the challenge of figuring out how to crossplay it since I wouldn't want to genderbend him. He's perfect.

I just can't bring myself to play Overwatch because I am quite horrible at those kinds of games because of my deformed hands. Since it's so popular, I'm too afraid to cosplay it without having played the game.
>>
>>9318491
You can read the comics and watch the YT videos. That's where a good chunk of the characterisation comes from, anyway.
>>
>>9318516
That is how I know so much about him to really like his character... But the fandom is a bit like "if you cosplay from it then that must mean you play it!" Which is understandable.
>>
>>9302450
that artwork is gorgeous, what is this from? The style looks super familiar [clamp?]
>>
>>9318491
In the Overwatch thread, people have just been discussing this. to be honest it's a bit disappointing if I try a conversation and the person's like "I've never played/read/seen it lol". Sounds like you have a legit reason tho. I would just say "I haven't played much because blah blah, but..." It's fine. But seems like people are mostly fine if you haven't played. I have friends who have barely played (they don't have the consoles/PC to run it, so they play on their brother in law's account sometimes). Nobody's called them out on it yet.

The game itself isn't very rich in story. Sure, you're missing out on the gameplay experience, but meh. Watch some gameplay videos?
>>
>>9318655
Magic Knight Rayearth
>>
>>9318849
Much appreciated anon
>>
>>9318655
you've never head of Rayearth?
>>
>>9318491
If you actually wanna play without stress, you can play vs AI and don't need to worry.

People don't care if you're bad in AI, it's just people goofing around. Easy/Medium difficulties are almost 100% wins since it's so easy.
--
That aside just say you don't play much but love the character design, no one is going to hassle you. Overwatch isn't a thematically driven game so people won't jump straight into a deep convo with you about it.

Unless they're idiots that is and some goober goes on about the competitive meta.
>>
File: jeanne bayo 2.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jeanne bayo 2.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>9271619
>>9272347

x5 here

I like all of the alternate skins from League of Legends, but consider all MOBAs a cancer upon gaming.

>>9280350

Jeanne is pretty flat.

I'm so jealous of DFC irl, I hope you find something you love.
>>
>>9318491

You are probably no worse than the average player, and unlike the average player you have a good excuse.
>>
>>9279083
Truth be told, I watch all my anime on subtitles... even if it's been dubbed in my language. I cannot stand the voices cast for the majority of shows in English.
>>
>>9279061
I was okay with the pseudo science, but the incest aspect killed me. You are right, they never gave a damn bit of explanation as to why she wanted to bone her brother so bad.
>>
>>9300444
>>9300459
I likely made a mistake watching the Book of Circus first. I've not been feeling the other series. I thoroughly enjoyed Book of Circus, but I have no love for shota. I am not down with the shota. That could also be why I'm not feeling the original series. It is lackluster.
>>
>>9317538
In Saya no Uta's defense, the game can be played with the hardcore sex scene omitted if one so chooses. I think most people who have heard/played the game would understand it is more about absolute horror then any sort of sexual fantasy.
>>
File: 1470981671462.jpg (2MB, 1626x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470981671462.jpg
2MB, 1626x1080px
>>9305828
I'm pretty sure most 2hu cosplays are joke cosplays anyways.
>>
>>9323377
Agreed. Complaining about Saya no Uta being an eroge, would be like complaining about Fate being an eroge. It's just the medium.
>>
>>9272777
Same desu
Every game looks pretty bland to me and it's kind of annoying how everybody treats it as some kind of necessity to like vidya or anime
>>
>>9318777
I have watched some game play, it looks like so much fun.

>>9320347
Ohh I didn't realize there was a mode that you just play AI, maybe I'll try that out.

Thank you guys, I think I'm going to go ahead and make a Hanzo cosplay.
>>
>>9323984
Nice! Make sure to post it in the Overwatch thread when you finish.
>>
>>9272678
How did a male character get pregnant??
>>
>>9272678
I just wanna say I fucking love you for bringing up Patalliro. I dont think I'll ever get around to cosplaying it so I just buy old ass doujins instead
>>
File: IMG_3645.jpg (135KB, 800x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3645.jpg
135KB, 800x1500px
Yunica from Gravity Rush.

I love her design and was psyched when she first showed up, but she is such a cunt in the game.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.