[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just letting everyone know AX is having a Black Friday sale for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: axlogo_box_white.png (11KB, 527x508px) Image search: [Google]
axlogo_box_white.png
11KB, 527x508px
Just letting everyone know AX is having a Black Friday sale for 24 hours I think that just started at midnight for tickets. 4 days for 55$ bucks.

First time I'll be soloing it since my hardcore con going awesome friend moved out of the state. What do I do with myself now? Maybe I'll just cosplay and enjoy being alone and doing whatever I want.
>>
Just bought tickets. This is probably the biggest con I've ever gone to, I hope it's good.
>>
File: 1476399226634.gif (4MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1476399226634.gif
4MB, 500x282px
>Anisong World Matsuri is returning
>>
I'm confused on how AX shows and concerts work. So I buy a ticket to go, but then I have to dish out MORE money to go see the big shows that aren't small panels? That's some horseshit. I mean, I guess I understand it cause then you have 2,000 people waiting in a line for 2 hours to see the show, but isn't that the point. If you want to see something bad enough, you'll camp out. ComicCon doesn't do that, right? You want to get into the Marvel panel or whatever, you get your ass in line at 9 am and sit there until 6 pm.
>>
>>9266756
You're buying a ticket to the con itself, not the extra concert on the side
>>
Just curious, has anyone ever tried to pass with a child badge? I'm pretty small so I started thinking maybe with a fully covered cosplay on...
>>
File: AAAAAA1385779913511.gif (3MB, 359x346px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA1385779913511.gif
3MB, 359x346px
>Extra $5 registration fee

Typical AX.
>>
>>9266771
You have to have an adult accompany you to pick up your badge so I hope you also have a friend willing to pretend to be your parent.
>>
>>9266890
fuck i hate this con so much, why do i go every year?
>>
>>9266892
Because it's FUN, bottom line. I don't know why people complain. Half of the complaints I hear are about staff being rude or the lines being too long.
Well, A) the "staff" aka the 80 year old black guy and the 16 year old weeb are volunteers. They literally got the job the night before and are just there to give you a false sense of security, kinda like the TSA at the airport.

And two, of course it's crowed. It's over 30,00 people in two buildings. Lordly. You think the convention center's staff of like 40 people are having a hard enough time cleaning up the bathroom especially when the Sailor Scouts won't stop hogging the counter space and mirrors so I can wash my hands. But that's hafd the fun for me anyway, watching all the cosplayers in the sea of dorky nerds. I love it.

OP, also, going alone is great. I always get the 4 day pass and spend two of them by myself. I lie to my friends and tell them I have work and meet with them later. But really I'm just slowly walking through AA and enjoy seeing the art, and the dealer's room without anyone making me feel like their board as a I stare at the Gundam Wing kits made out of chocolate wrappers or chop sticks. I see animes in the show rooms because my friends always bitch about wasting their time doing that when they can watch anime at home. Taking pics of cosplayers can take hours of your time up and then you grab lunch outside and enjoy the LA weather and watch the Mortal Kombat roster eat pizza across from you, you feel content.

Heck, you may even make a new friend or two. I always do. And with that said, I just got my ticket and I'm already excited for it.
>>
>Pre show night
>20 dollars

But for what purpose.
>>
>>9266756
Lines are bullshit. I'd rather pay the $25 and walk in to a seat without a line right before the show than sit in a line for 3 hours and risk shitshows like they had last year for the FLCL and Trigger panels where people didn't even get in. For the concerts I'm sure they have to pay the Microsoft Theater big bucks to be there because it's a legit venue that's holding shit every day and has it's own management.

>ComicCon doesn't do that, right?
SDCC doesn't even need to think about it because the tickets already cost 4x as much as AX and they sell out completely 30 minutes after they go on sale.
>>
>>9266756
> You want to get into the Marvel panel or whatever, you get your ass in line at 9 am and sit there until 6 pm.

And this is a good thing? So you're saying that in order to get to one panel you want you have to tank nearly an entire day of a con to get in.

Add insult to injury those panels ALWAYS get filmed so its not like you're watching something exclusive.
>>
>>9266741
Hahaha not a chance. If I want to be surrounded by trash, I'll go to an actual dump.
>>
>>9266994
>because it's fun
>racism
>false sense of security
>incompetence

You just lost your "fun" argument completely.
>>
>>9267081
...Shit. You're right. Ok, I meant that it terms of complaining, if those are your two negative things you take away from the whole con, then you're doing it wrong. That was meant to be spun in a positive light. Oops.

Like my friends will have a great weekend, but then they harp on the ONE guy who didn't know where a panel was and said he was just hired and he didn't know the layout of the building yet. She declared it being the worst con because of that.
>>
>>9266998
$10 actually
Promo code AX2017
>>
File: MOGRA streams.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MOGRA streams.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>9266752
pls have Porter Robinson
>>
>>9266994
It's fun, but you could say the same thing about any anime con, and most anime cons DON'T treat the attendees so inhospitably and charge extra microtransactions for their events. The money is better spent on another con like Fanime.
>>
>>9267183
>charge extra microtransactions for their events

What other anime cons have full on 4 hour concerts with multiple acts in 7000 seat arenas? They can't include shit like that with a $55 registration for the whole weekend, it'd drive the costs up for everyone if they did it that way.
>>
>>9267213
Plus, people like me, who don't go to the panels let alone the concerts, would bitch and moan that I'm paying for it AND I would go out of spit and take a seat for someone who actually wanted it.

I think it's a fair system. It's also why I like buying the tickets months in advance. When AX rolls around I'll be pleasantly surprised that I bought my tickets for a little cheaper already, and would have saved up more money for other stuff. Getting a ticket to a con the day of/week of makes you spend less at the money itself and then you become "that guy" who's hungry cause a $15 plate of fries now seems like a $50 and you become salty all day and buy $5 grab bags and then sulk more when it's crappy.

It's all connected.
>>
>>9267213
>What other anime cons have full on 4 hour concerts with multiple acts
All of them?

> They can't include shit like that with a $55 registration
Of course they can. They make millions of dollars in profits each year. They'd just rather make more money.

AX isn't a con for the fans. It's a corporate trade show. They do this shit for money.
>>
File: spja.png (227KB, 950x951px) Image search: [Google]
spja.png
227KB, 950x951px
>>9267216
>All of them?
Have an example of something else last year anywhere near the scale of Japan Super Live?

>Of course they can.
How? AEG hosts events in the Microsoft Theater for free now? Musical guests fly to the United States and perform for free? Daisuki gets performance licenses from the publishers for free? People have to get paid.

>They make millions of dollars in profits each year.
A quick look at SPJA's 2014 tax return makes this incredibly unlikely unless they're now suddenly 2000% more profitable.

Or should they just have some youtubers screech on stage for an hour instead?
>>
>>9267227
SPJA is non-profit. Their corporate trade show, Anime Expo, is very-profit.
>>
wait, does the 4 day pass not include whatever the fuck their calling day 0 now? so can we still pick badges up early? or do i have to pay $20 extra to pick up my badge early?
>>
>>9267232
Anime Expo is not anything other than a brand name owned by SPJA. There are no separate financials where they make mega millions, all the money that crosses the organizers hands is right there. The exhibitors, musical artists, publishers and so on all profit (or they wouldn't go to any event anywhere) but the event itself does not.
>>
>>9267239
I think you can still pick it up early. The 20$ day zero is just like what ComicCon does. They have a "press day" on Thursday (day 0) where you can go early. There's no point though, cause the dealer's room isn't open yet, Nobody is in cosplay yet, and I don't think anyone from AA will be set up yet and it's all dinky little panels like "Being Black and being in Comics." Oh...goodie. Glad I paid an extra 20$ for that.
I think the whole point of it is so that people CAN pick up their badges up officially and there's not hundreds of people picking up early AND they get super awesome amazing tote bag. (Please read that sarcastically). Maybe they'll be some special meet and greet with someone that's there only for that morning? They also did that for CC I remember. Some famous DC comic writer was there in the super early morning and had a limited 20 copies of hand made comic that he signed. But only his true hard core fans showed up for that I guess.
>>
File: heh332.jpg (164KB, 984x962px) Image search: [Google]
heh332.jpg
164KB, 984x962px
Last year they claimed that 2017 would be "OMG 5 DAY CON".

Is the $20 pre-show thing the "DAY 5", or is this just AX being a shit?
Because the description is misleading and made it look like it included 1 concert admission, I almost bought one until I noticed the asterisk.
>>
Thinking about making a trip across the Pacific for my first AX and taking a few days out of my Japan trip. Kind of still trying to decide if its worth it, I've always been impressed with the guest list.

They just announced the Anisong World Matsuri on the 30th and 1st, I assume its a different even on each day?
>>
>>9267154
why, nothing good about it
>>
>>9267544
you wouldn't understand
>>
>>9267110

Incompetence is the last thing I would ever consider "positive light". No one has any business doing or "hiring" bums who can't or won't do their job, volunteer or not. Fucking over both the attendees and the volunteers/staffers who actually bust their ass wasting time having to pick up after your shitty slack instead of putting that energy into what they're supposed to be doing. There would definitely be less complaints.
>>
>>9267546
right, i don't understand shit taste
>>
>>9267548
you're the only once practicing shit taste, mr. "i hate porter robinson because it's a meme to hate porter robinson and i want to fit in!!!!!!"
>>
>>9267544
>this shit taste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tmb1zRxppQ
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.