[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 28

File: spring-perfumes.jpg (61KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
spring-perfumes.jpg
61KB, 640x460px
There wasn't one in the catalog so...yeah.
What have you been wearing lately gulls?
Do you rotate your fragrances to as the seasons change?
Do you like layering scents? If so, what?
What do you normally like in a perfume/cologne?
Is there a certain "vibe" you like to excude when you're dressed in a particular way? (Like, mature, musky scents to go with gothic coords or light, feminine scents to go with sweet, stuff like that.)
Any perfume grails?
Discuss
>>
Cosplayer here, looking for (male or unisex) scent recs for semi-daily basis.
Low- to mid-end. My visual influences are mostly 1950's greasers, 80's pop (think George Michael), new wave, and some synth. I tend to go for citrus-y scents in soaps, schampoos, etc., but I also like jasmin.
>>
File: 483w.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
483w.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
My HG perfume is Hanae Mori Butterfly. I don't know anything about perfume but I just love it. I have minis of several other perfumes that were given to me as gifts but I don't like any of them as much as I love HMB. I've recently run out and I'm hoping to get more soon.
>>
I'm a perfume noob but I want to get into it. Any suggestions on how to start learning and finding scents that I'd like? Currently I'm using some body fantasies bodyspray (sweet peony fantasy) I got in Japan and I love it but I'd like an actual perfume.
>>
I don't wear perfume and honestly I don't like it when other people wear it due to my allergies. Almost all perfume gives me headaches. Also, if someone smells like perfume I actually wonder what kind of smell they're trying to cover up.
>>
File: o.37946.jpg (56KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
o.37946.jpg
56KB, 700x609px
I actually don't rotate perfumes based on season. I wear springtime perfumes all year around to combat the winter blues.

I love fresh florals. Marc Jacob's Daisy Blush was my first perfume but it only lasts 3 hours tops on my skin. I've been meaning to try out Paul Smith's Rose but I can't find samples of it anywhere. Since I've been wearing larme I've been trying to get a nice romantic scent.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1479750401509.png (675KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1479750401509.png
675KB, 1080x1080px
These are my four all time favorites. Marc Jacob's Oh Lola, Kenzo's Amour, Calvin Klein's Forbidden Euphoria and Versace's Bright Diamond. I'm currently using Victoria's Secret's Love Me More and Zadig & Voltaire's This is her mostly, however I don't layer them. I'm probably a nightmare to those who hate parfumes as I usually have scented moisturizer like Elie Saab's Le Parfum and some Chanel's bodymist. I don't like heavy one's though and no one have ever complained or commented on my parfume. It's just super tricky because I can't smell it as good as others anymore because I usually wear same scents for a longer time. I just like the feeling that I have a significant scent on me that's like a signature.
>>
>>9262773
>goes into a perfume thread
>"i don't like perfume"
>???
>>
File: 1t07r6.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1t07r6.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
My absolute favorite since I was babby is Crazy from the BonneBelle Bottled Emotions line. They're discontinued, but they still pop up on ebay regularly enough. I'm a fan of musky and citrusy scents, so Moschino I Love Love is another favorite. Also the Witch's Woods body butter that Witch Baby makes.
Honestly, I really love floral scents but most perfumes I find are just way too strong. Any recommendations for lighter floral/fruity scents?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 355x355px
I love floral scents, but have the worst luck with floral scents becoming very grandma-y on my skin after about an hour or so. currently im having good luck with poppy blossom by coach because of the citrus-y main notes, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue or has suggested perfumes?
>>
>>9262773
This is like those guys that go into makeup threads and think we should care when they tell us they don't like makeup. Perfume is not the issue, it's people who are overzealous with it. You should only notice it when within close proximity of someone or a momentary whiff if someone passes.

Perfume is not like deodorant. It doesn't cover anything. It would actually mingle with other smells. At least know what you're talking about.
>>
>>9262820
ugh, I bought 'love' as a kid and I thought it was the best smell in the world for the longest time. I really should pick up a jasmine scent...
>>
File: 49530_6xebei_french_kiss_720.jpg (116KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
49530_6xebei_french_kiss_720.jpg
116KB, 720x720px
>>9262820
You should try Clinique Happy or Annick Goutal Petite Cherie.

Unrelated, I have close to 100 perfume samples. I prefer samples over committing to a whole bottle and not liking it. My absolute favorite right now is Guerlain's French Kiss. It's really expensive at $260 plus tax for 75ml of an EDT concentration.

Others in my collection include Lolita Lempicka, Lolita Lempicka Sweet, Tokyo Milk Tainted Love, and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique.

I want to try Guerlain's Insolence and La Petite Robe Noire because they have notes I like.
>>
>>9262704
I tend to not like more mainstream scents. I used to wear L'Occitane perfumes, they don't tend to have such a strong chemical afterscent imo, but of course the ones I liked always went out of stock. I'm currently on the last dregs of their Neroli perfume. I have about half a bottle of Cherry Blossom I could also wear once I'm out.
>>
>>9262704
I wear classic and sweet lolita. Right now it's chilly to cold where I live (around 32-45°F). Just started wearing my bottle of femme de montblanc again, it's so nice in the winter. I also got a bottle of Judith Leiber Noir which I think will be good when it's very cold. I had been wearing Lanvin's Rumeur all summer and was getting so tired of it. If anyone in the US wants to trade partial bottles, it has about an ounce left. I am not crazy about florals in perfume but I wear a lot of floral prints
>>
>>9262889
I also have a 1.7 oz bottle of hanae mori edt that's about 3/4ths full if anyone wants to buy that, I can put it on eBay or whatever. That smell is just way too sweet for me
>>
>>9262904
Anon from upthread here! How much do you want for it and which one is it? Email me.
>>
>>9262722
Try L'eau D'Issey Por Homme, by Issey Miyake. Or if you want a fun way to try a bunch of men's scents at once, pick up a Sephora Collection of men's fragrances. This one has a great selection of citrusy and green scents and you get to pick a full sized bottle of your favorite scent. http://m.sephora.com/product/P412397?icid2=skugrid&skuId=1834787
>>
>>9262820

I agree with >>9262836, Clinique's Happy might be a perfect set for you. I had Crazy back in the day and really liked it too.
>>
>>9262822
Grandma-y as in the scent becomes powdery on your skin? That's a body chemistry thing, so it's best to just sample properly so you can tell if you have that issue before you buy. And stick to more green florals and chypres rather than white florals, white tends to be more powdery in scent no matter what.
>>
>>9262836
I love collecting samples too, anon. Right now I'm focusing on collecting Lutens and Malle fragrances.

I read a lot of perfume blogs and post it oddly enough satisfies my desires for more "lolita lifestyle" type-writing.
>>
>>9263024
Anon you replied to. I haven't sampled any Lutens or Malle yet, but I will be including some on my next sample order! I really want to try Malle's Lipstick Rose because I adore cosmetic accords.

I like to read them too even though I'm a novice to perfume and don't understand much. It would be fun to read a lolita's blog post or watch a video on pairing fragrances with coords.
>>
>>9262938
yes, powdery is a good word. I try to sample a perfume or two when I go to the mall and see how it smells at the end of shopping, and it's rare that I find one that doesn't make me smell like I belong in annold folks home. thanks for the suggestions! I might order a few samples that fit that description
>>
File: Lanvin-Eclat-D-Arpege.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lanvin-Eclat-D-Arpege.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
I have been using Lanvin's èclat d'Arpège for 2+ years now...the fragrance gives me that "elegant high class lady" vibe that I love. I found it by sniffing one distant relative at a family meeting, lol.
Today I bought the other version, èclat de fleurs, which is lighter and flowery
I really recommend these
>>
>>9263130
Some floral notes are notoriously powdery. Stay away from heliotrope. Iirc, some iris notes can lean powdery too.
>>
Also, speaking of grandma-y, could anyone tell me if they know of any good old grandma-y scent?
Might seem weird, but I like that comforting elegant smell, not the old hag kind.
The closest one I have is Chanel n5
>>
>>9263183
Try Tocca's Stella and Giulietta, they were pretty grandma-y on me when I tried them, though ymmv given our different body chemistry.
>>
>>9263198
Thank you for the suggestion, will try asap
>>
>>9262820

My favourite was Funky, in the solid stick. My pulse points run super warm so I just needed a little dab under the ears and it lasted all day.
>>
File: nd-tile.jpg (254KB, 671x941px) Image search: [Google]
nd-tile.jpg
254KB, 671x941px
L to R: Taylor Swift Wonderstuck Enchanted, Victoria's Secret Sweet Escape, Versace Yellow Diamond, Lancome Love Tresor. They're either floral, citrus or sweet.

>>9262722
Chrome Azzaro for men. It's citrus, jasmine and woody. Around Christmas time it's $25AUD, so on the low-mid end. Link to reviews/info: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Azzaro/Chrome-788.html

>>9262748
Shop around is the best advice. Spend maybe one-two hours trying samples on paper to see if you like the smell first. When you spray it let the alcohol burn off by itself and not waving the paper around. Then wait for the layers of the fragrance to come off. The first smell you'll get is the top notes, then the middle notes, then finally the base notes.

In between smelling different ones sniff the jar of coffee beans to reset your nose. Otherwise you're nose won't be able to differentiate smells from the perfumes.

If you like it try it on you body to see how it works with your body chemistry. Spritz a bit on the inside of your wrist. Just because it smells good the on the paper doesn't necessarily mean it'll be nice on your body. You can always walk out to do other shopping and wait for the notes to come off.

>>9262836
How did you get so many samples? I'm jelly.

>>9263183
If you like classic-elegant smells there's Lancome Tresor. It's very 1980-90's like and grandma-ish. A warning though it's a VERY strong and long lasting smell. Just the tiniest bit will last ages. It might be different with your chemistry though. http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Lancome/Tresor-172.html
>>
>>9262836
>>9262934

will definitely have to check out Clinique Happy, then!
>>
>>9263213
yes, the stick was definitely the best. I have the spray now and still love it, but the stick had less of that alcohol burn and was just warm and nice right from the start
>>
File: fragrance.png (2MB, 1740x1892px) Image search: [Google]
fragrance.png
2MB, 1740x1892px
>>9262704
My signature scent is definitely DKNY Be Delicious, though recently I have been wearing a lot of Juicy Couture.

Im one of those people who owns 40 different perfumes despite knowing they go off - so I wear a different one every day.

I would say holy grail is DKNY and Ghost Girl.. Holy shit, impulsively bought it in duty free and it lasts AGES on my skin and is so sweet and pretty!! I try force it onto anyone who is willing to hear me go on about it - definitely recommend it! Saying that, I'd recommend Givenchy Very Irresistible Rose too, its pretty but not cheap/ tacky smelling like all the others I like.

I am really into candy scents (hate Prada Candy though) and some florals. Shiseido Ever Bloom is amaaazinngg and if it was 400 fucking dollars where I live I would definitely have it in my collection!

I have this really weird thing with matching the colour of the perfume box/ bottle with the outfit I am wearing that day hahaha
>>
I honestly like more 'masculine' scents as I've found they just mesh better with my body chemistry. Anything fruity just ends up smelling disgusting. I also don't like fruity or floral scents just because they mess with my sinuses. I'm all for anything that's more spicy or citrusy.

Right now, I'm actually wearing the Red Musk perfume oil from The Body Shop and I like it a lot. It lasts all day and goes really well with the body butters that I wear too.

I used to be all for vanilla anything but I'm starting to move away from sweet smelling scents.
>>
>>9263183
Anything by guerlain, especially mitsouko
>>
Are there any other gulls that are into indie perfume? I've slowly amassed a big collection of them.
>>
>>9263394
I used to like a local brand, but they went out of business before I could really amass a collection. It was very disappointing.
>>
>>9263397
I hate it when that happens. Well, if you're still interested in indie perfume, I have a few favorite brands that I find smell much better than mainstream ones by a mile.
>>
>>9263394
I'd like to get into them! Any recs or good places to start looking?
>>
>>9263394

Some of my favourites are indie/niche perfumes. BPAL's Snow White, Love Potion's Love Potion White, Les Nez's Unicorn Spell...

My mainstream favourites are Lancome's Tresor, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue and L'Imperatrice. Dior Poison somehow turns into something magical and fantastic if I put it on and then take a nap.

Kinda hoping I'll get a bottle of Annick Goutal La Violette for Christmas. I love violet scents.
>>
I wear Black XS with dark outfits and Olympea with light ones. That's all - Otherwise I end up with a million different bottles that go bad before I use them all, haha.
>>
>>9263183
Try Guerlain's classics like L'heure Bleue, Shalimar, and Mitsouko?
>>
>>9263289
There are sites that sell samples (commonly called decants)! My go-to for lesser known and niche perfumes is ThePerfumedCourt, but there are many. I get many of my mainstream samples from Sephora in person (you get 3 per visit for free) and when I order from Sephora or Ulta online.

>>9263394
I'd like to get into indie perfumes soon. Recs would be appreciated!

>>9263440
God I love La Violette. How long does it last on you? I get about an hour max on the skin. If it had better longevity I'd buy it right away. I'm going to transfer my sample from the dabber vial it came with into a spray vial in hopes that it improves. On the bright side, it will probably last on my clothes enough for me to justify a used bottle.

I've replied to this thread 4 times already (>>9262836, >>9263025, >>9263175, >>9263499 are all me) so I'm going to use this name since I'll be replying a lot.
>>
Anyone wear any vanilla scents with a little bit of spice?

I don't want to smell like a cupcake, but most department store gourmands lean that way.
>>
>>9263436
I hope you're ready to go down the indie rabbit hole. Black Friday is coming up so I recommend checking out r/Indiemakeupandmore for sales info.

Sixteen95 - has hands down the most approachable perfumes for an indie newbie. Her perfumes were positively reviewed by Luca Turin so you know what kind of quality you're getting.

Blooddrop - has tons of great fruity and gourmand perfume. Another good one for beginners

Arcana - mostly gourmand but they do it very well and sell out very fast

Nocturne Alchemy - get decants before going for full bottles since their descriptions are a bit abstract. Their vanillas are some of the best in the market
>>
>>9263532
They're not considered gourmands, but Tokyo Milk's Tainted Love, Annick Goutal's Vanille Exquise, and Atelier Cologne's Vanille Incensee all feature a prominent vanilla note without smelling of sweets.
>>
I feel somewhat similar to >>9262773 because of migraines, but I am browsing the thread anyway because I used to really like perfume back when I was a kid/teen and could wear it without getting sick. I still do like reading about the different kinds of scents that are out there and keeping an eye out for any that might have a reputation for being migraine-friendly.

also to those of you who wear perfume and keep it mild like >>9262823 says, thank you. you will never know how much you are appreciated.
>>
>>9263604
calm down
>>
>>9263607
Just hide the post and move on.
>>
>>9263604
ok sorry I will go die
>>
What does everyone think of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab? I had heard a lot of good things but I got a sample set and everything just smelled...dusty? They were a bit better once they dried down, though.
>>
File: promesse.jpg (48KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
promesse.jpg
48KB, 575x350px
I think about a decade ago I got this for Christmas. It was available at a drugstore at the time, but eventually became discontinued. I would order it a lot online, but it's becoming increasingly expensive. I haven't loved another fragrance as much as this, but my wallet can't take it anymore. Time to move on, if anyone has similar recs for a sassy but elegant springly floral.
>>
>>9263625
BPAL never really worked for me except for a few scents. With oil, you have to let it rest a few days after you get it in the mail.
>>
File: 352w.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
352w.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
Calvin Klein's Eternity is my go-to perfume when dressing up. It's expensive and hardly lasts when I do wear it but I love how it smells.
I used to wear the first Lolita Lempicka perfume a lot until I came to terms with the fact that it doesn't smell very good on me, so I have a bottle that's just been sitting there.

I've been looking for something that smells like bubblegum without being too cloying but the only thing that's come up in my searches is Demeter's (?) and most reviews say it smells like medicine.
>>
>>9263664
>eternity
>hardly lasts
That's unfortunate.
>>
File: perfumes.png (427KB, 1038x483px) Image search: [Google]
perfumes.png
427KB, 1038x483px
Currently using Miu Miu because the way it smells on me reminds me of an osmanthus bush that grew near my childhood home. I feel like the combination of florals and the nostalgia works pretty well with classic lolita. Cleopatra is like a toned-down (and more wearable) version of Pure Poison, which I love, but makes me smell like a fancy prostitute.

>>9263630
Roses De Chloé is really nice.
>>
File: perfumes.jpg (59KB, 889x564px) Image search: [Google]
perfumes.jpg
59KB, 889x564px
I have Forever and Ever Dior and Prada Candy Florale. I tend to wear the former as my everyday perfume and with classic lolita and otome. I wear Candy Florale when I'm getting dressed up and with sweet. Haven't really found a fragrance that makes me feel gothic yet, but I'd like something a bit darker.
>>
>>9263524

...Actually I've never tried La Violette. Sorry! I'm just dying for an AG fragrance, I love violets, and I know violet perfumes tend to work with my chemistry. Maybe I should get a sample first though, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

If you like violets, have you tried LesNez the Unicorn Spell? It's what got me hooked on violets. It smells like fresh green beans when you first put it on but then it becomes absolutely magical.

>>9263625

I like their Trading Post for bath oils and hair glosses and stuff more than I like their perfumery. BPAL for me is very hit and miss- when I find something I love from them, I LOVE IT, but most of their stuff falls flat and ends up all just smelling the same on me. I love their Snow White, and years and years ago they had a fragrance called Glitter that was absolutely to die for. It was, unfortunately, discontinued like a decade ago and their LE re-release smelled nothing like the original formula.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (22KB, 267x259px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
22KB, 267x259px
>>9262704
Guerlain is the shit, got to visit the one in champs elysses earlier in the year and fell in love with pic related. My current go to is 'petite robe noir', but I've also got an old bottle of 'boum honey' I use every now and then cause it smells delicious.
>>
>>9263604
>thanks people for doing something they appreciate
>GOD STOP COMPLAINING
????
>>
thanks for all the suggestions on grandma-y scents
>>
I love super sweet candy-princess scents for sweet and sometimes classic lolita. My go-to for that right now is Princess by Vera Wang.
For my more outdoorsy, dollyish wood elf type outfits, I use an oil blend from a local shop that has notes of sage, cedar, and balsam. (How to smell like a tree 101.)

I remember Happy by Clinique smelling really good, but I haven't seen it in years in my area. Any recommendations for the types of scents I mentioned would be awesome!
>>
I'm sick of stealing my sisters perfumes for events and dates. She gets some Beyoncé thing that isn't terrible but it's not me.

Are there any recommendations for something creamy smelling? Like warm vanilla or coconut. Something that smells soft and like a warm holiday treat?
>>
>>9262704
I use Raspberry Kiss and Macaron Splash. It's not really a perfume but it's more fresh (and it was cheap, but it smells really noice people always tell me i smell sugary)
>>
>>9263359
I wear a lot of masculine scents too,anon. My collection is all over the place but I have a soft spot for spicy and woodsy colognes. I kind of like the disparity between a nice manly scent and a very feminine outfit.
>>
I'm into indie perfumes and the maker of one of my favourite brands died a few months ago (Possets). I feel really bad because she was such a sweet person and was always so involved in the online forum, so I've been her creations in her memory.
Also, how do you feel about listing scents in your coord breakdown? I usually match perfumes to what I'm wearing because I feel it brings the coord together but it seems odd to mention it.
>>
>>9263445
Perfume can keep for a long time if you store it out of the sun, anon! It makes for a less cute display but it does allow for a bigger collection.

>>9263524
Love the Perfumed Court, it's a wonderful site. Also as far as low-silage perfume goes, sometimes I just use those for room sprays?
>>
>>9263532
>>9263548
Agreeing with Vanile Incense or any vanilla scent that lists incense in the note list, actually. Those tend to be nice spicy vanillas that don't smell sweet or too edible.
>>
>>9264108
I don't really see the point of mentioning it because it's not something you can see, and unless they have smelled the perfume before it really doesn't add anything to how others view the coord. People don't list their underwear either because what they're wearing doesn't actually make a difference in the coord photo.
>>
>>9263711
Hmmm, a good darker scent? I wear dirty rose perfumes with gothic a lot. Byrerdo Rose Noir is my current go-to.

>>9263912
Love Guerlain. I'm slowly getting into vintage Shalimar and it's amazing but also an expensive hobby.
>>
>>9264108
I think listing scents would be fun.
Also Possets is reopening with a new owner.
>>
>>9264108
I would probably mention it if I was doing a coord breakdown on my own blog, but I'd be less likely to mention it on CoF.
>>
So do any gulls follow perfume blogs? What are your favorites?

Right now I read Bois de Jasmin regularly, and I check in on EauMG, Now Smell This, Kafkaesque and Undina's Looking Glass. Always on the search for other good perfume writers.
>>
>>9264028
Here's some indie recs:
Lolita by Sixteen92: Crisp Apple Skins, Tart Peach Candies, Rose Absolute, Sugared Violet

Baba Yaga by Sixteen92: Fiery dragon’s blood incense, sweet woodsmoke, dried herbs, dripping candle wax, forest dirt

Alice in Wonderful by Deconstructing Eden: candied lemon peel and sugared violet and rose petals

Alias by Deconstructing Eden: mahogany wood for the darkness of her hair, clean, white musks, tolu balsam, violet leaf absolute, violets for her eyes, and lush moss
>>
File: IMG_1469.jpg (149KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1469.jpg
149KB, 960x1200px
My Velvet Sugar from B&BW just kicked the bucket so I bought Amaze from Express because we finally got the plastic bottles back in stock, smells "amaze"-ing.

>Glass bottle: $59.90
>Plastic bottle: $15.90
>>
>>9264163
I'm not familiar with amaze, but typically "glass bottles" hold eau de parfum, while "plastic bottles" hold eau de toilette which is considerably less strong. might explain the price difference.
>>
>>9264043
If your after cheaper options the body shop tend to release some pretty nice perfumes, I've got a mix n match set I use which is versatile af. I think they had a vanilla one a little while ago which was pretty nice. They might even release something with their Christmas promotional stuff.
>>
>>9263183
b&bw japanese cherry blossom (floral, pear, & sandalwood) or moonlight path (lavender, jasmine, some other florals)
>>
>>9264163
a thousand wishes from them is nice too, pretty similar to velvet sugar. or pink cashmere which is a winter one is also in a similar vein
>>
My go to is Clinique Happy and heart because it doesn't bother my allergies. I usually go for happy in summer and spring and heart in winter and fall because happy is more flowery then heart I think.

I am however looking for a scent to use in crossplay because I've gotten comments about how I smell like a flower when I'm trying to be a man.
>>
File: IMG_0548.jpg (319KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0548.jpg
319KB, 1000x1000px
b&bw associate here. i have a collection of over 40 fragrances. don't really buy actual perfumes bc i don't like sandalwood and tend not to like anything musky so fragrance mists are just perfectly light.
i picked out a handful of my favorites for lolita so here's the rundown:
bourbon strawberry vanilla: not overly sweet, just a nice ripe strawberry with the touch of musk from the bourbon
hello beautiful: one of my all time faves in general, super fresh floral with jasmine, gardenia, and magnolia. total fresh out of the shower smell. if you tend not to like florals, you might just be like me and not like heavy florals which this is not at all
sweet cranberry rose: very little rose to this actually, the sweetness almost comes from a maple-esque note.
pretty as a peach: if you bought georgia peach and sweet tea this is the same. fresh peach & apple flower so not super fruity
wild madagascar vanilla: rich vanilla bean & pear. currently discontinued but magic in the air has the same notes, different formulation. this one is super cozy.
pink chiffon: one of the first scents i bought for lolita bc of the name! thought i had the regular mist somewhere but could only find the shimmer mist. this one is pretty musky but with pear & vanilla orchid so pretty floral.
paris in bloom: an oldie but a goodie. close to hello beautiful actually, very bright crisp florals. rose, jasmine, and blueberry flower. much less sweetness to this one.
honorable mention: watermelon lemonade. hopeful it comes back in the spring but i do have backups if it doesn't haha.
anyway feel free to ask me things about b&bw scents if ya want
>>
>>9265339
I never really looked at any of these before but I did get Hello Beautiful recently as a freebie and I use that for my face moisturizer before I put on makeup since the scent is nice.

If I didn't still have most of a container of A Thousand Wishes I'd try that Bourbon Strawberry & Vanilla. I haven't seen that one before in the shop.

Japanese Cherry Blossom has been my go-to scent for years though ever since it came in the little rectangle bottle with the bonus makeup case and brushes.
>>
>>9265366
bourbon strawberry and vanilla was a spring one a while back, so check your store at semi annual sale time (boxing week) and spring!!
>>
>>9265321
Go for fragrances advertised as unisex or that men and women wear (check reviews). Prada's Luna Rossa or YSL's L'Homme are worth checking out. You can get a sample from Sephora if you have one near you, but if not, most stores carry them.

Hermes has a unisex collection called "Le Jardins" that may appeal to you. Try Le Jardin de Monsieur Li first if you can.
>>
>>9263603
I feel you. Haven't been able to use petfumes in a decade. I have allergies and a hyper sensitivity to chemical smells and I get sick and horrible headaches while being close to someone who doesn't know how to use petfumes RIGHT.
I'm looking at you >>9263604 , anon.

Basic perfume etiquette that you should follow even if in the company of people who you know don't have allergies:
> just one drop/light press is enough
One drop is enough to be applied to both arms and behind the ears. It'll last the whole day if you've got the right scent for your skin.
> Apply your scent at least an hour before boarding a train, getting into a bus or other place where the space is small and other people are near
Your perfume is not supposed to smell far from you, only people directly next to you should be able to smell it faintly.
> Your perfume scent should NEVER compete with food or drinks.
Too strong perfume smell can affect the way you taste things, which is why you should either choose the mildest scent or wear none at all when going to a restaurant or wine tasting.

People here who suffer with the same problems, have you tried mildly scented body lotions or creams? They usually work for me but are hard to come by.
>>
File: image.jpg (275KB, 2000x2315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 2000x2315px
Vivienne Westwood Boudoir perfume is the only perfume I own, and I love it.
>>
I've been really digging Elizabeth and James' Nirvana Black and White. Shame that Rose and Bourbon are awful in comparison.
Yves Saint Laurent's Mon Paris might be my next big fragrance purchase, but I am upset I missed out on the giftset that came with an eyeliner and lipstick.
Currently using Nirvana Black, Nirvana White, Burberry Touch, and this chocolate scented perfume I was gifted a while back. I try to wear whatever scent matches the mood I'm in or what I'm wearing.
Also, Shark by Tara Reid (the Sharknado perfume) was given to me as a joke but I think it's a great spring/summer scent. It's a mix of floral and citrus that honestly makes me think of having lemonade in a flower field. It's way more pleasant than it has any right to be.
>>
>>9265321
if you are on a budget, try the Body Shop's Green Tea cologne

unisex, nice and refreshing and easy on the purse
>>
File: Arabian-Oud-Ghroob.jpg (48KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
Arabian-Oud-Ghroob.jpg
48KB, 500x472px
I'm addicted to Arabian Oud fragrances. I cannot buy other brands anymore.

Plus their bottles are stunning.
>>
File: 41Baro8JB3L._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
41Baro8JB3L._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 355x355px
I was buying Verace's Bright Crystal (which I now regret, too sharp, bothers the back of my throat, maybe it'll be better in the summer) when the counter lady put this sample in my bag, and it's easily the best fragrance I think I've ever smelled. I'm addicted to it, I couldn't stop smelling it, I bought it right away. It starts out with a floral lily grass and dries down to a spicy warm vanilla earthiness. Reminds me of tom ford but less sugary and more sensual.
>>
>>9266117
>I've been really digging Elizabeth and James' Nirvana Black and White. Shame that Rose and Bourbon are awful in comparison.
I really liked nirvana black, I bought the oil dropper, but it disappears on my skin in 5 minutes, they really need to change the formula. Agreed with rose and bourbon, the idea is nice but the execution is off.
>>
I really like Clinique Happy and Paris Hilton's Just Me. Rue 21 has a Eco purdy me I use more often though b/c of prices.
>>
>>9265304
>tfw I have and use both of these

>>9263183
Body Fantasies Fresh White Musk, or at least that's my favorite comforting scent since my mother use to wear it
>>
>>9266161
Mah nigga. I've been buying those Swiss Arabian oud blends on Amazon and my bf likes the smell way better than all my expensive designer perfumes
>>
>>9266161
I just wanted to say thanks for posting. The pretty bottle caught my eye so I started looking up Arabian Oud scents and after a while looking around I kind of really want 2-3 different ones and I my have found a new fragrance obsession.
>>
File: nd.485.jpg (43KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
nd.485.jpg
43KB, 300x443px
I don't know much about perfume but I am looking for something new to try. I sometimes use this Light Blue, given to me by my sister and I have received many compliments on it. As such I would like something similar to it as I think this type of thing works well on with my body's chemistry.
There are many scents sound nice to me but I just don't know if they'd suit me, is there a good sample pack I can buy? I mean I have found some but I wondered if they were cheap and none of them would be good.
So if anyone knows anything similar to this or a good sample pack that I can try a lot please let me know.
>>
>>9268570
You can buy that shit at TJ Maxx for like 5-10$ if you're in the US. You can also find there a fresh scent I like a lot better, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. I'm biased because most perfumes with aquatic notes like light blue give me a migrane.
>>
>>9268591
I know I can get this one pretty cheap, but while I like it I'm kinda sick of it so I will try that one you mentioned. Thanks!
>>
>>9268591

I must have a shit TJ Maxx. It's like $40 here for it.
>>
This thread is so cool. You people know a lot!

If I want to smell like the forest after rain, what do you recommend?
>>
>>9262704
pink sugar
>>
File: tmilk.jpg (8KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
tmilk.jpg
8KB, 350x350px
hi there, >>9262820 here! my sample of Clinique Happy has not come in yet but a few others have:

Annick Goutal Petite Cherie: thank you to the anon who recommended this! I don't typically wear perfume every day but this makes me want to. on my skin, this smells about the same as in the bottle for the first hour or two. a fresh, kind of spicy green smell. like how green onions smell kind of spicy? not super sweet at first, but sweetens up into a warm light scent after a few hours. lasted almost all day, about 8-9 hours on my wrists, even though I was baking and had to wash my hands constantly. not strong or heavy, but persistent. this smells like standing in a field on a warm day, late in the afternoon. a refreshing pale yellow-green smell.

Hanae Mori Magical Moon: nobody recommended this to me, I found it when I was looking for the Hanae Mori EDT and it sounded nice. this shit is HEAVY. this smells like a southern baptist grandma was sculpted out of buttercream frosting and flowers. very strong, lasts a long time and does not wash off easily. good for nighttime. a little goes a looong way. a very deep navy/indigo smell.

Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita: the descriptions on the Lolita Lempicka website are hilarious. the description does list pink peppercorns, and the first thing that hit me was the pepper smell. that faded pretty fast into just a nice warm slightly musky floral scent. this smells like a librarian or a school principal; an official but everyday smell. a warm red-pink, like the color of Himalayan salt.

TOKYOMILK Tainted Love: this is so good. this is so, so good. warm & sophisticated...? I want to curl up in a blanket made of this. it is not heavy or strong, but is also noticeable & leaves an impression. this smells like an elegant ghost and a well-loved book. a warm lavender-grey smell. a couple of anons said they also liked the Bottled Emotions Crazy and I would definitely recommend this.
>>
>>9269269

You're probably going to want an indie or a niche brand. BPAL might have something like it, I think Annick Goutal's Rose Splendide was supposed to have earthy wet smell. Demeter fragrances might have something. Sorry I can't tell you anything specific.
>>
>>9269269
I don't have as much experience with earthy/rainy scents, but give Clean Rain a shot. Clean fragrances layer very well, so you could layer it with a woodsy scent. Commodity has a fragrance called "Book" that smells nothing like a book but rather a forest-y smell (to me).

>>9269322
I'm glad you liked Petite Cherie! It didn't work on my skin at all as much as I would have liked. There's another scent called Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal that you may like as well. I forgot to mention it last time.
>>
>>9266331

Just this. I get so many compliments regarding my fragrance choices that I completely cast aside my normal brand ones.

>>9266873

I'm happy you liked anon! They are awesome and I love the fact that I'll hardly find someone with the same fragrance as mine. Welcome to Arabian Oud addiction!
>>
>>9269269
Hmm only thing I can think of is Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. They're very "light" scented and refreshing, which reminds me of the rain.
>>
File: HMB.jpg (31KB, 380x583px) Image search: [Google]
HMB.jpg
31KB, 380x583px
>>9262742
This is also my HG perfume! I was so glad I stumbled upon it in Nordstrom. I'm also getting low so i'm hoping to buy another bottle. Have you seen the 20th anniversary bottle? I think it's kind of cute, even though it's a bit bright. Do you have any other favorite perfumes?
>>
>>9269269
Chypre Mousse
>>9269402
Clean Rain smells like toilet duck, I wanted to like it but it's so horrible and artificial
>>
>>9263183
Chanel 19 for sure. It's super powdery and overpowering at first but it soon fades into a cool, flowery mist. It smells like winter mornings and it's my go-to work scent.

Anything with stronger notes, like violet or opoponax or musk, will be old-lady and quite sophisticated, since they've gone out of style now and the perfumes that have them as main notes tend to be old classics.
>>9263359
Have you tried Thierry Mugler's A*men? It's sweet, in a spicy foresty sort of way, and smells like Christmas. It's expensive but lasts forever on me and I love it to bits.
>>
My fiancee wants to smell like mint, but i'm having a hard time finding a cologne or even perfume like that. Any recs?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 300x410px
>>9270403
my 2 seconds of googling is telling me Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Guerlain
>>
>>9263183
Armani Si always makes me think of an elegant old lady swanning about her fancy mansion, overdressed for a day at home. I don't wear perfume often but that is my favourite for when i do something special. One of my friends has it too and it smells a bit different on her but still lovely, when we are both wearing it it makes hugging so nice!
>>
I usually wear Hypnotica by Vertigo. Used to wear Burberry Brit Sheer. I just feel like these scents are really... strong and gross? I don't know how to describe it, but I'd prefer something more soft and flowery.

I'm pretty much a total moron when it comes to perfumes, so is there any place that offers free or just really cheap samples you can order online?
>>
What's a good recommendation for a sweet scent that isn't totally sickly but is mature, somewhat masculine yet still fun? I normally wear bubblegum bodysprays but I've got a dinner party in a few weeks and need to dial back the tackiness but I don't suit those steely hard-edged cologne for MEN scents.

I was thinking of either something flowery without being too dramatic and heavy, or something more artificial but with an uplifting quality.
>>
>>9270470
I would recommend the one anon here mentioned >>9270411.

It is a mature scent and imo not massively 'feminine', quite low and subtle i guess. It is more citrus-y than flowery though. Every department store i have been in stocks it, so go try it out
>>
>>9270542
Oops, i didnt mean >>9270411, I meant >>9270425

It was Armani Si that i was trying to recommend. I like all of the Si ones, but the intense one is more mature i would say
>>
If one wants to goth like the gothiest goth do the perfume wizards here have a recommendation?
I'm looking for something that I can buy at an actual perfume counter though, so BPAL and such like are out.
>>
>>9270575
Tom Ford Black Orchid

Or generally try things in the oriental family, as I'd interpret goth fragrances to be heavy on the resins and darker musks. (Which are also prominent in many of BPAL's catalog.) Most of the mainstream orientals also tend to have darker aesthetic in their packaging as well, if you really wanna get 2spoopy.

Though if you're curious about indies, know that most sell samples, so you can try before you commit to a whole bottle.
>>
>>9270626
I'm in Australia so the shipping for samples can be kinda ruinous unfortunately. I'll certainly get a sample of Black Orchid next time I'm at a perfume counter though.
>>
>>9270470
Gucci Flora, for an entry-level sweet floral that's mature and appropriate for a dinner party.
>>
>>9269978
That's too bad, anon. I wonder if it's your skin's reaction to it? That can ruin a good perfume. Marc Jacob's Decadence smells like literal pickles on me lol.

>>9270440
Sounds like you need to stay with EDT versions of scents (eau de toilette) they are lighter in general due to containing less perfume oil. Stay away from EDP's (eau de parfums). Based on what you described, Marc Jacob's Daisy or Daisy Fresh (I prefer the latter) are quite soft and flowery.

I don't know of anywhere that gives free samples online. You almost always have to purchase them. I think myperfumesamples.com has the cheapest ones but they run out of stock often.

>>9270575
This anon >>9270626 is right. Give Armani Code for Women a try since it is widely available, too. Any from the Tokyo Milk "Dark" line could work. Depending on your location, you may be able to smell them in person.
>>
File: nd.4056.jpg (52KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
nd.4056.jpg
52KB, 300x412px
>>9270575
Also bottle pr0n for you. No experience with the scent so I can't tell you much other than it's John Galliano for women.
>>
>>9270676
Wow, that is the full evil witch aesthetic. Awesome.
>>
File: Cacharel LouLou.jpg (9KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cacharel LouLou.jpg
9KB, 341x256px
>>9269881
It certainly is pink! I like it, but I've already bought anon's bottle from upthread so I'm set for the next little while. I wouldn't say I had other favorites because I really know absolutely fuck all about perfumes, but I do like LouLou, which is what I used to wear regularly between running out of my first HMB sample and actually going out and finding my first full size bottle. It's a heavier scent, more appropriate for evenings and winter wear. I still wear it to normie functions, but it kinda clashes with sweet lolita day wear. Too... spicy? I guess.

I also wear Lancome Miracle sometimes when I wanna wear perfume but don't want to waste my loulou or butterfly.

On that note, would anyone know of a perfume or body mist with a sugared citrus kind of smell? I got a bottle of san fran soap co. lotion from a hotel once and it smells oh so wonderful. I'd love to have a dupe if anyone know of one, as I believe it's been discontinued for some time now.
>>
>>9269269
>>9269978
Seconding chypre mousse, that's a lovely scent.
>>
>>9262722
>L'eau D'Issey
seconding this

Does anyone have any recommendations for peach tea? I'm really enjoying the smell of green tea and want to try something different perfume wise
>>
>>9269978
>>9270881
I got a sample of this one! Thanks! Can't wait to try it
>>
File: funeralhome.png (171KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
funeralhome.png
171KB, 450x600px
>>9270575
>>
>>9263524

It's >>9263882 here.

Got my La Violette and have tested it out. Seems to last pretty well- at least a couple of hours, which is strange because usually my skin EATS perfume.

I LOVE it and it's gorgeous and reminds of LesNez Unicorn Spell which I loved as well. The opening is a little scary because it's a very strong, sharp anise-vetiver green scent, but it settles down into violet loveliness soon enough.

Also got samples of AG Grand Amour, Petite Cherie, and Rose Splendide. Petite Cherie was a gorgeous cool fruity scent- at first it reminded me of a freshly chilled apple lying on a bed of white blossoms before it morphed into more of a pear. I think I'll be wanting a bottle of it too. Need to experiment more with the other two- Rose Splendide started out NOT GREAT and then turned interesting once it got kind of old on my skin. Grand Amour frightens me so I never got past the wet stage. It's like someone liquified an ancient Edwardian Grand Dame and put her in a glass bottle. If Sauron's mace were made of flowers, I think that'd be Grand Amour.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.