[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brandwhores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: brandwhore_knuckledusters.png (850KB, 843x562px) Image search: [Google]
brandwhore_knuckledusters.png
850KB, 843x562px
Let's talk about brandwhores!

First off, some questions:
>What is a brandwhore?
>Do you consider yourself a brandwhore?
>How does the term brandwhore make you feel?
>Are there any characteristics that seperate brandwhores from people with a ton of brand?
>Are there ita brandwhores?
>>
>>9261206
>>What is a brandwhore?
To put it simply, a brandwhore is someone who's wardrobe is primarily or completely composed of brand.
>>Do you consider yourself a brandwhore?
Yes.
>>How does the term brandwhore make you feel?
It's kind of an elitist term, whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure.
>>Are there any characteristics that seperate brandwhores from people with a ton of brand?
Brandwhores are loathe to buy anything that's not from a large and well established Japanese brand and are looking to replace all budget friendly options with brand.
>>Are there ita brandwhores?
Of course.
>>
File: 3452435.jpg (83KB, 661x595px) Image search: [Google]
3452435.jpg
83KB, 661x595px
this is kinda silly but okay!

>What is a brandwhore?
somebody with a decently sized wardrobe that has more brand than anything. somebody who only has two dresses, and they're both AP, is not a brandwhore

kinda. i've been called one

it's silly and usually used by people who don't have brand to make themselves feel better
>d-don't listen to her, she's just a brandwhore!!!
>fucking brandwhores telling me that bodyline isn't brand!!!

>Are there any characteristics that seperate brandwhores from people with a ton of brand?
anybody with a ton of brand will probably be called a brandwhore. but if we're going to draw a distinction, it's probably in the attitude. somebody who's elitist and thinks brand is better, and fits the prior criteria, might be a brandwhore

yeah. you can't buy good taste

unless you pay a personal stylist i guess
>>
>What is a brandwhore?
Someone who's thrown out logic in place of labels regardless of what said labels are attached to.
I am brand-literate but yet to fall off the deep end and loose my ability to reason based on the actual product in front of me verse the tag attached to it.
Weird. Because I want to say there is no such thing as a brandwhore, but then I keep seeing actual evidence of real brandwhores.
>Are there any characteristics that separate brandwhores from people with a ton of brand?
It's the lack of ability to judge the value and quality of an item based on the merits of it's construction, material and design. A brandwhore is very concerned with knowing where a piece came from / who it can be attributed to, while ignoring it's it's functionally a "good" item.
Yes. I think most brandwhores are "intellectual itas".
>>
>tfw closet is mostly brand
>tfw think brand is better quality than taobao at least 80% of the time
>tfw think this is the truth anyway and not blind brand loyalty
>tfw not sure if I'm a brandwhore

At least I made these conclusions after trying them all -- brand, Bodyline, taobao, homemade, off brand. Only thing I haven't done is thrift a loliable, due to lack of clothing thrift stores near me. So I like to think my opinions are pretty close to the truth at least?

>Are there ita brandwhores
Oh yes, the moitie one being the most famous.
>>
It's not the answer you're looking for, but I'm a whore for Listen Flavor, I'm not sure that puts me into "brandwhore" category though because it's not a lolita brand but I own enough of their stuff it compromises most of my non-lolita wardrobe
>>
>>9261206
>What is a brandwhore?
There are two common definitions, I think.
1) Someone who has a large-ish wardrobe (maybe 30 main pieces or more) of mostly brand. This is like a "balanced" or "accidental" brandwhore.
2) Someone who may or may not keep many pieces, but are regularly seen in new and popular brand releases. Intersection with the Famewhore category, these people are more concerned with the status of the elements of their outfits than cultivating a useful wardrobe that suits their personal tastes. Will own Nameless Poem and wear it with a Madonna crown and veil, but literally everything else is brand.

I definitely fall into the first category, but maybe this is because I started wearing lolita in 2007 and I wasn't up for taking chances.
Some of my favourite dresses in my wardrobe are indie brand though.

If used unironically to decribe a person, it makes me feel as though the speaker is perhaps bitter? It's definitely designed as an insult.

Lack of their own distinct style. I'd jokingly call myself a brandwhore, but if an item doesn't fit my particular tastes, I don't care if it's a free sample of the next Puppet Circus, I won't take it.

Absolutely. MoitiƩ Ita has been mentioned, and I think anyone who obviously throws money away on Status Pieces when they should be investing in new wigs and different socks falls into that trap.
>>
>>9261206
I don't want to start with otome yet, because Jane Marple is a tad to small for me and I don't want to buy offbrand for otome.
Am I considered a brandwhore?
>>
>>9261459
JM does elastic-waist skirts with most releases
>>
>>9261206
>>What is a brandwhore?
Someone who only owns brand (may also have stuff from Japanese indie brands), doesn't buy much from taobao/not a fan of non-Japanese brands unless it's Krad Lanrete or something.
>>Do you consider yourself a brandwhore?
No. Maybe a little bit..
>>How does the term brandwhore make you feel?
Nothing
>>Are there any characteristics that seperate brandwhores from people with a ton of brand?
They look down on bodyline/taobao/etc
>>Are there ita brandwhores?
Of course
>>
>>9261404
Same, I really dislike taobao and bodyline. I mean sure, it's nice that there are cheaper options and I'm not going to shit on people who wear that, but I'm not going to pretend it's as good as brand either.
>>
>>9261459
JM is pretty big..
>>
>>9261480
I'm busty and chubby and I know the JM dresses I want would be snug and I don't like that. So until I lost some more weight I won't buy them.
>>
>What is a brandwhore?
Well, I think the terms have changed in recent years. 2009-2013 brandwhores brought the entire AP set and gothic lolita twin tailed wig to match. Nowadays its more in terms they have mostly brand but a few vintage/bodyline/offbrand pieces to accessorise with.
No. I'd like to be one later in life but no.
It was a funny term when those AP set buyers were pretty common, nowadays? I'd say "japanese neko buyer" is the only true known brandwhore for how quickly she sells off brand after receiving it. Most "brandwhores" nowadays are pretty chill, I wear bodyline almost exclusively but Ive had people compliment me and one ask about the dress I was wearing as they had wanted to purchase it for casual affairs. Now do brand snobs still exist? Yes.
A very large sniff if your wearing 2 brands together even though they match.
Yes.
>>
File: 1447372164827.gif (1MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
1447372164827.gif
1MB, 400x220px
>>9261206
>What is a brandwhore?
Somebody who has a wadrobe of at least 90% brand, main pieces are brand only, no (design) replicas at all. Lots of complete sets, lots of popular stuff. Most important for a brandwhore: Showing off.

I own mostly brand, but I would say I'm a brandwhore. I buy what I like regardless the label. Only thing I try to avoid these days are design replicas, especailly of shoes but that's just me.

Uncomfortable. It's used mostly by noobs or "ironic" by real breandwhores. I don't like it.

Brandwhores are arrogant and only care about having as much (popular) brand as possible. Genereally they're in the fashion to impress others. Somebody with a lot of brand cares about their own style and taste. They're in the fashion for themselves.

Yes.
>>
>>9261546
*I wouldn't say I'm a brandwhore.
>>
>>9261404
>>9261479
I have a decent sized wardrobe. A little over 1/3 of my main pieces are from Taobao, the rest are brand. The quality of Taobao/Bodyline pieces is not as good as brand, at least nine times out of ten, anyway. However, even though I love brand, I also love having some cheaper main pieces in my wardrobe, and taobao brands come out with some pretty interesting pieces!

With that said, I think brand accessories are kind of a crap shoot. Brand bags and shoes don't have the same quality:price ratio as other brand items in my opinion. I think brand socks are MORE than worth it because they don't bunch up and slide down like offbrand socks tend to do. Brand hair accessories CAN be worth it, but not always. When it comes to brand jewelry I think it's pretty much all hideous overpriced shitty shit
>>
>>9261575
I will agree brand accessories are a crap shoot, especially with AP. Do I want to spend 50-90 on plastic that gets broken in the post anyway or try my luck with a decent amount of Taobao/Bodyline accessories and sell em off to newbies if they aint great?
>>
>>9261420
You're a brand loyalist.
>>
>>9261481
"chubby" shouldn't have an issue with JM. You're fat and we know it.
>>
What do you consider a decent sized wardrobe?
10 pieces?
>>
>>9261853
+30 main pieces at least imo
>>
>>9261481

>I'm busty and chubby

So you're fat?
>>
>>9261874
yes, and proud of it. I can eat what I want
>>
>>9261879
you shouldn't
>>
>>9261879
I also can, but I was well educated.
>>
>>9261853
I'd say any more than 14 or 15 main pieces.
>>
>>9261884
>clunky sentence
>well educated
Ok.
>>
>>9262116
Not that person, but that sentence is fine. Go stuff some brownies in your stomach folds fatty.
>>
>What is a brandwhore?
This probably depends wheter one asks from a newbie or a person who has been in lolita a few years already. Newbies and non-lolitas seem to think about everyone who wears mostly brand is a brandwhore because brand is just not worth the super expensive price. Critisizing Bodyline would be quickly regognized as a brandwhore's behaviour too. I think brandwhore is rather a nasty attitude, someone who is constantly policing what others wear and kinda rude. It could also be someone who buys brand only because it's brand, not for the clothing. I think elitist is similarily used term.
No. I do think Bodyline is not the best place for even newbies and replicas are bad but I don't give a fuck what someone else wears. And yes I do have 95% brand of quite decently sized wardrobe.
I have never heard it being used unironically so I compare it to elitist. Elitist makes me feel super bad but brandwhore would maybe be even a bit funny actually.
I said this earlier, but rude atritude usually.
I guess yes. I think those would be people who only use brand as a status and don't bother to actually pit effort to the fashion itself.
>>
>What is a brandwhore?
Someone who buys brands for the sake of the label regardless of style/quality
No. Yes. Maybe.
Depends who says it. If a noob or an ita says it, it sounds butthurt. But if a person of many brands says it, it sounds endearing.
Probably how they come across. I find brandwhores are try-hards, they lack class and elegance of those who simple own a ton of brands. Brandwhores will feel the need to let you know what print they own and the quantity of their dresses/accessories, like peacocks they need you to be in awe of their brand owning greatness. They may also let you know they only wear expensive muggle clothes too. Lolitas with a lot of brand simply won't say a word about it apart of engaging politely in a conversation if complimented on their coords.
Yes. Ita Brandwhores is not a myth. They can't coord for shit.
>>
>>9261853
Depends how often you wear it. I have about 30 and it's decent for me, I wear lolita 2-4x a week. If I only wore it once a month it'd be more than decent, if I wore it daily it'd be lacking I think.
>>
>>9263697
I feel ya. I wear lolita 2x a week tops but usually only once or twice a month. I have about 20 main pieces as well as lots of different blouses/headwear/bags/shoes/socks so I never feel like it's getting repetitive. And if I get tired of a piece I sell it.
>>
>What is a brandwhore?
Someone that owns a great deal of primarily brand in their wardrobe and is kind of snobbish about it. They might look down at lesser brands such as taobao or indie.
To a degree. I'm not overly fond of most indie and taobao. I feel brand is better quality in most cases. I've seen some taobao items that are nice but they don't really interest me as much as brand. When it comes to my main pieces, I'd rather purchase brand. DESU, Taobao main pieces look cheap a good deal of the time and I've mentally associated them with beginners like Bodyline. Not that it's bad but it just doesn't interest me. I'm OK with indie accessories and the blouses I own that aren't brand are indie (glitter tale, floral notebook etc). I own two indie main pieces out of 32 and the rest are brand. I also have more Bodyline shoes than I'd like to admit and I still haven't gotten around to replacing my SS shoes. I don't look down on others or refuse to associate with those who don't wear it. Nor do I police them though.
I don't really care too much about it, nor would I care if someone labeled me this way.
Probably the level of elitism that they express. I feel like it's becoming less relevant though as the market becomes more and more saturated and brand becomes easier to afford.
You can have a ton of stuff but not able to coordinate it well or make yourself look polished and presentable. It takes a developed eye to make a good coordinate and skill to make yourself look good. Money can't buy that.
>>
>>9262116
Probably well educated on it's own language. But still, thinner than you.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.