[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime California is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (192KB, 800x932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 800x932px
"Good evening Everyone!
While Anime California had a good run the last couple of years, there have been some major issues that we have been unable to overcome.

We all know that Southern California is an extremely expensive place to start up and run an event, especially without any capital.

While we would love to continue to host this wonderful con, 2017 has already started to present challenges that would make it impossible to host, and as such, the CEO and executive team has respectfully resigned.

We would love nothing more than to see Anime California be successful, and flourish, but as it is evident that it is not,and as of now, Anime California will not be returning in 2017

To all the staff- attendees, and wonderful guests across the years- thank you for sticking with us. Thank you for believing in us. Thank you for giving it all you had and then some- these past three cons have only been amazing because of all of you.

If you have any questions, please make sure to email: [email protected] before the end of the year

We hope that we’ll be able to see all of you at the other wonderful cons in So Cal."

I... I'm sad guys. This was my first con.
:<
>>
>>9258404
Not surprised. 2016 was forgettable and it seems they never really got their unique identity.

also, This could be sign for SoCal convention scene's bubble beginnig to burst
>>
Anyone got that pic of their first con poster with absolutely no 'anime' content advertised?
>>
I thought pmx would die first. Too bad i really enjoyed AC i think its run by the hanadoki people so maybe more will be put into that.
>>
>>9258608
At least PMX has chance to rebrand itself as fashion con and kind of survive off of that.

It's a shame really. If Anime California stuck it's gun to gaming, they could've expanded off of that, since California doesn't have a lot of affordable gaming convention
>>
RIP. I had a fun time going this last year and felt that this was another great small convention that was meant to last. Perhaps they made the move to the bigger convention center too early.
>>
First conji goes down, then AC
rest in peace
>>
>>9258404
Wow, 2015 and 2016 is brutal for California cons. Anime Conji, Japan Expo USA, TouhouCon, and now Anime California. So many dead anime cons!
>>
It was a good con, but I don't think that it had much stability since its beginnings. I had fun at this past convention, and it looked busier than PMX, brought back old feels from when AX used to be there, etc.

But I remember a time when it was nearly being held together by mostly LoL cafes, game promotions, and a lot less of the anime side. There was plenty of anime stuff at this past year, but it spent two years being all over the place.

AC and PMX are cons that would benefit from being held at hotels instead of convention centers, but it's unlikely that cons in Cali can go back to that with hotels now being wary of attendee behavior, noise, and having to book around other events.

Rest in peace though. I'm kind of sad since I had won a badge for next year, but we'll survive.
>>
File: implying anime.jpg (742KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
implying anime.jpg
742KB, 1632x1224px
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK THAT CON
>>
>>9260128
>Sponsored by crunchyroll

i guess crunchyroll spent its funds on ax more
>>
>>9259578
The biggest mistake both cons made was to move to convention centers. If both of them could turn back time, staying at hotels would have kept both of them from going downhill.
>>
>>9258608
>>9258748
I know the guy who runs AC through friends. He was a pro fighting game player wannabe turned con photographer once he got the notion that being a photographer would get him more pussy than being just another fgc dude. I doubt he'll go back to his gaming roots.
>>
>>9258404
Most excellent
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.