[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visual Kei Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: Aioria.jpg (42KB, 309x400px) Image search: [Google]
Aioria.jpg
42KB, 309x400px
Talk about visual kei, old and new.
>>
I miss the glory days of PSC
>>
File: Aioria2.jpg (362KB, 1030x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Aioria2.jpg
362KB, 1030x1485px
>>9258427

Me too, and Loop Ash
>>
Why does everyone worship Mejibray when Tsuzuku has such a nail-on-a-chalkboard voice?
>>
>>9260503

Because Misa-sama is the producer and manager of the band.
>>
>>9260503
They are the drama band of the century and fans are funny and filled with drama
>>
File: IMG_20160222_091926.jpg (71KB, 500x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160222_091926.jpg
71KB, 500x734px
Are there any darker gothic influenced Vkei bands out there anymore? It seems like they're either all older bands or just straight goth bands.
>>
How highly would you guys recommend seeing Kamijo perform live? I have a chance coming up soon, and I do honestly like him, but I don't know if the ticket price is worth it.

>>9262122
I like goth. What Japanese goth bands do you you know? I can only think of Velvet Eden as a visual kei-goth band, but yeah, they're older.
>>
>>9262491
Very much worth it. He's a great performer to watch.
>>
>>9262491
For goth I mainly know a bunch of old, disbanded 80's trad goth bands without a visual kei influence. So basically Madame Edwarda (still around), Gille' Loves, G-Schmitt, Gakidou. When it comes to goth inspired vkei, I really only know/like Bara no Seidou and early Tetsu-era stuff from Malice Mizer, Luna Sea's first album (I love this album), and some Moi dix Mois.
>>
>>9262491

How much is the ticket? I've seen him live. I'm not big on vk and the ticket was really cheap, he was entertaining enough to watch. Felt like he's the kind of person you'd really want to see if you already like him, but lackluster if you don't really care.
>>
>>9262495
>>9262504
Thanks for the advice. It's around 6,000 yen and then train fares are an added expense to go out to the venue. I do want to see him perform at least once, but the cost put me off a bit.

>>9262497
I'll have to look into some of the bands you mentioned. I love listening to new (to me) music.
>>
>>9262519

6000's a little pricier than usual - is there anyone else playing? I think only paid 4000 to see Kamijo, Jupiter, Lin and Femme Fatale.
>>
>>9262519

If this is your only chance to see him, I'd go for it if he's that important to you. If not, skip it and wait for something cheaper.
>>
>>9262523
Right? The most I paid to see live for one band was D and that was 4,000. This is Kamijo's solo ~Nosferatu~ tour, so it's just him. On the bright side, it's at a tiny little venue so I can enjoy the show better.

>>9262535
I'll have other chances, but it may be a while it will be this convenient. Many Tokyo based performers don't always make it out to my neck of the woods.
>>
>>9262540
If you like him, a huge fan then i recommend you go see him. If you aren't a huge fan i still recommend you to go because a live is always fun. The thing is if you are really into him it will be a great night. He performs mostly a mixture of songs ranging from lareine his solo career and versailles.
>>
>>9262523
6000 is a little... the venue must be nice.
>>
>>9262497
>>9262491

AUTO-MOD and SPEED-iD are classic japanese goth bands.

The guy from SPEED-iD, Euro, was also the president of the Key Party label, home of some of the wackiest, darkest VK bands that ever existed.
>>
>>9262519
I accidentally said I liked Luna Sea's first album, but i actually meant their second. It's a really good album.
>>
File: g43354834.jpg (20KB, 270x384px) Image search: [Google]
g43354834.jpg
20KB, 270x384px
>>9257568
>>9258560
>Aioria

yay Misa!
>>
File: yuana.jpg (34KB, 359x502px) Image search: [Google]
yuana.jpg
34KB, 359x502px
Aioria was great, my friend still owns the CDs and videos.

Also, any love for Kagerou?
>>
I want to get into this visual kei thing, or j-rock...
I only know L'Arc~en~Ciel and MALICE MIZER (been listening to it a lot recentl)

...need more pushing

I need more pushings
>>
File: michiru.jpg (33KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
michiru.jpg
33KB, 300x400px
>>9272906

If you like Malice Mizer, give Aioria (the band in the OP) a try. They have a similar kind of goth-rock-pop sound, and can go from poppy synth-lead songs to heavy metal without problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHNPrq-p2UQ

The only problem is that they only released 1 album, but there's more stuff by Misa (the main composer) in other bands and they sound similar.
Also one of their guitarist was on full gothic lolita costume like Mana.

Speaking of which, anyone know what happened to Michiru?
I know Misa is now the producer of Mejibray, and Sarino is doing Annie's Black, but Michiru kind of went off my radar for a long time now.

Some other recs: Lareine, Raphael, Luna Sea, X Japan, Buck-Tick, Baiser.
>>
File: astc.png (18KB, 1021x510px) Image search: [Google]
astc.png
18KB, 1021x510px
Frank - Gackt
Dee - Mana
Dennis - Kozi
Charlie - Yu~ki
Mac - Kami

As a bonus
Rickety - Tetsu
>>
File: Misa.jpg (27KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Misa.jpg
27KB, 240x320px
>>9267207
>>9269912
>>9273764

Nice to see more Aioria fans!
I admittedly had a crush on Misa when I was in high school, many years ago, lol. When I learned that he actually shaves his head and uses wigs, I liked him even more, he's such a hunk tbqh.

>>9272906
besides the bands >>9273764 mentioned, check out:
PENICILLIN, Kuroyume, Nightmare (naitomea), Laputa, D, Vidoll, Plastic Tree, Pierrot
>>
>>9262497
>>9263251
I'll also have to check these out, i mostly listen to typical western goth stuff and feel like mixing it up a little recently
>>
>>9276121

Also check out Eve of Destiny, the band of Haruhiko Ash and Kozi from Malice Mizer.

They were strictly goth and tried their best to distance themselves from visual kei. But Kozi being an ex-MM member didn't really help, lol.

They only released an EP and a few songs on various V.A. CDs on european goth magazines, but the few stuff they put out is solid.
>>
>>9276123
ill look into them, thanks anon!
>>
>>9273764

I knew Michiru from MASK, never heard his older bands.
Aioria sounds a LOT better than MASK, wow.
>>
File: 844201611100029221.jpg (447KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
844201611100029221.jpg
447KB, 920x613px
Currently waiting for someone to upload Dadaroma's latest single on Youtube. My copy was shipped to my parents' because I'm in between moving houses but that means I won't get it until Christmas break.

Any recs for similar sounding bands?
>>
File: deathgaze.jpg (61KB, 599x403px) Image search: [Google]
deathgaze.jpg
61KB, 599x403px
>>9281000

Just listened to one of their songs off youtube, and they reminded me of Mejibray. I guess it's the kind of sound that's popular right now with visual kei, kind of "metalcore" with melodic vkie choruses.
deathgaze also has a similar sound, and they are/were pretty damn good. I think they've disbanded already though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.