[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

J-Fashion Stories while Traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nhyr6gdhZX1tt0xvxo1_1280.jpg (190KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhyr6gdhZX1tt0xvxo1_1280.jpg
190KB, 900x1200px
Does anyone have any stories of when they traveled and decided to wear J-fashion during their trip? (Outside of cons I mean).

I'm very curious about how locals in different countries treated tourists in Lolita, cosplay,etc.
>>
I wore lolita a lot during a recent trip to the states, I even wore it at the grand canyon. The only trouble I had was with a homeless guy in New York being a bit mouthy but it was halloween and he was getting on everyone in 'costume's case. No one else batted an eyelid
>>
>>9255904
i ususally wear it when i travel with the same reactions as my home country. Only noteable experience was at Versailles palace in France. A few english-speaking lolitas wearing simple classic IW coords were turned away from entering a building by gaurd. I had read a blog post from a himegyaru blogger about OTT coords getting denied entry, so I went with a simple otome look with no issues. I got in a heated French-language debate with the gaurd about how they were wearing fashion and not costumes and eventually they were let in, but Versailles vistors beware.
>>
Random potpourri of shit

>Got stalked by a shady seller in Florence who kept taking cellphone pictures of me
>also probably got the weirdest comments in Florence/Italy in general
>got a pic taken by a local in London who from the way he talked to me I think probably was aiming to post me to a 'weird people' site later on or at least show pic to friends to make fun of me
>got complimented a LOT in LA
>same deal in certain areas of Chicago (like Logan Square)
>got pics taken in Harajuku by random tourists kek

Generalizations to take from it

>Harajuku is really an ogling zoo.
>Men in Italy are as uh, brazen as the rumors say, or I'm just not used to it.
>The more hipster the place the less weird looks you get.
>>
Best experience was some super dirty looking punk adults, who were sitting on the sidewalk outside of a club, smoking, stopped me to tell me they loved my outfit (sweet lolita). I was just a wee bab then and it was maybe my second coord ever and i was absolutely ecstatic!
>>
My experience so far:

>San Francisco
weird looks, occasional compliment, FUCKLOADS of people ogling and taking photos/video

>Seattle
mostly weird looks, occasional rude photo

>Portland
A lot of compliments, stares usually more curious than anything

Of course it depends what you're wearing and in what part of the city and time of year, but this is my experience wearing gothic lolita/ouji in these cities.
>>
Wore a simple coord around Osaka and went the Innocent World shop; the shopgirls were super nice and complimented a necklace I was wearing that I had made myself, felt good man. Besides them no one said anything.
>>
>travelling on business, wearing classic lolita on my off-day
>got recognized by someone I brushed shoulders with earlier in the week, ohfuck.jpg
>got invited to a party being hosted by a huge company CEO
>"just wear what you're already wearing, you still look like a professional unlike a lot of the women who show up to these things"
>ended up snorting coke for the first time that night
>okay.jpg
>>
File: AmericanLolita.jpg (113KB, 1600x990px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanLolita.jpg
113KB, 1600x990px
>>9257272
>American Psycho: Lolita Edition
>>
>>9256823
>The more hipster the place the less weird looks you get.
definitely true, I wore lolita when I was in Melbourne recently and I only had positive comments. A lady from New Zealand came up to me and asked me if I was wearing lolita and then told me how beautiful she thought it was and how her daughter really loves the fashion, that made my day for sure because at home I just get yelled at by bogans haha.
>>
I've travelled across America a little bit and I can say that I've never had a bad experience! The worst that has happened is people taking pics without my sayso.

In SanFran everybody was nice and didn't really bat an eye. Orlando was the same way. It felt no different to how I'm treated as a lolita in the middle of nowhere, Texas. I read a lot of stuff about lolitas getting harassed and it's pretty sad. I've just never had an issue and only receive compliments and innocent questions. So hopefully I'm doing something right! Though it might be because I look young and they don't want to be mean to a kid or something. Who knows.

I was afraid I wouldn't be let into Orlando Disney because lolita is seen as costume to most normies, but it was great! And I saw two other lolitas there. We did the head nod of acknowledgement and they said I was cute. Staff was really nice and interested in my coord too. It was fun!
>>
>>9257354
I'm in San Antonio and have never gotten a derogatory comment. (Even in my ita phase.) The worst thing I've gotten is a legitimate double take.
>>
>>9257379
OT but I'm a lolita in SA too anon, be my friendo
>>
>>9257379
I'm glad, anon! I believe that there are some people that are rude enough to do the kind of things I've heard about in other lolitas' anecdotes, but I'm happy you and I haven't been witness to them.

>tfw no lolitas in keller
>>
>>9256823
Italians never fail to make me laugh

>>9257272
>not smoking it instead
>>
>>9255924
>went to NY & the grand canyon
holy shit anon, you got around
>>
>>9257601

If you're going to tourist America, tourist hard.
>>
I wore lolita in Shinjuku/Shibuya area mostly for shopping and most of the store clerks were really nice and got even more friendly/curious once they found out I was a tourist. Besides store clerks a couple of people just thought it was cute, and nobody really cared.

I wore slightly heavy makeup in Hong Kong and got shit-talked about on the subway though.
>>
>>9257601
yeah it was a 3 week trip, started in San Francisco ended in Washington DC, I even managed to go to Canada for an afternoon. Wore sailor cause of the falls.
>>
I'm not super well travelled but when I do travel, I often wear otome. ETC is comfy as heck.
>only people in London who batted an eye were other tourists
>same with Amsterdam
>people in Berlin were super nice and awesome 10/10 would visit again
>in Paris I got a lot of nasty looks and eye rolling but that may just be the Parisian response to everything idk
>people in Switzerland (mostly Zürich and Geneva) straight up ignored me which was fine too
>lots of staring in LA and got yelled at from across the street at least once every day
>yelled comments were sometimes nice, sometimes not so nice, often intelligible
>when we went to Venice Beach a group of guys actually followed us around to yell about struggling privileged white people in 'plantation clothes'
>??? I was wearing pic related and my boyfriend was in a t-shirt and jeans
>people in Little Tokyo kept calling me kawaii though so that was fun

>>9258301
>>9258309
I regret not touristing harder to be honest. In Europe you can jump from country to country easily but everything in America is so big and far apart!
>>
>>9258585
Ignore the Parisians, they're generally assholes. A friend of mine asked a
parisienne if a train was going to X station. Said Parisienne gave her the filthiest look possible, said 'no' and walked away.
>>
Experiences:
>>Lives in Pittsburgh, mostly friendly responses and a few queries. A lot of people telling me to never change no matter what anyone says.
>>Traveled to Toronto, had friendly but quiet reactions. People only said something if I was already interacting with them normally, like a business employee.
>> San Diego was the most unusual. One guy claimed to be an artist and went crazy in an "awe" kind of way, but borderline creepy. One guy whipped out his phone to record a video of me walking down the sidewalk while he was stopped at a red light.

Over all my EST experiences were the most positive. California felt the most eehh because they were in your face more, whether it is was to compliment or otherwise.
>>
>>9255904
At first I thought OP thumbnail was a vagina.
>>
>>9258836
so... you're either really high or really blind?
>>
>>9259055
Or a mobile user.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.