[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita/J-fash Stupid Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 46

File: 1472328759275.png (52KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
1472328759275.png
52KB, 444x287px
Because we haven't had a stupid questions thread in a while. Post all your "am I ita if-?" and "where do I buy-?" questions here.

Resources:
Coord help thread: >>9254002
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
Dumb Lolita question. I have a really sheer blouse an I able to pair it with a skirt? What should I wear under it? Any examples of this done well?
>>
How do people keep pic Lolita shoes looking nice? I swear every pair of pastel tea parties (or similar) I've ever bought has been chopped or scuffed around after one day of wear.
>>
>>9255481
You could pust a vest or bolero over it. A carmisole under it might work.
>>
>>9255491
Are you wearing mostly bodyline shoes? Because they scuff the worst.
>>
>>9255481
I wear skin colored tank tops under my sheer blouses
>>
File: 1_000000001669.jpg (166KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1_000000001669.jpg
166KB, 600x600px
>>9255481
Here's an excentrique blouse where the model's wearing some sort of tank top
>>
>>9255481
In addition to other people's suggestions, I'd invest in a bustier. Chiffon blouses might work if it's fitted, but not so much if they're not.
>>
Can anyone recommend a SS that will buy from Fril/Mercari and doesn't have arbitrary restrictions (such as the total item costs) on what can be shipped with methods other than EMS?
>>
Are Alice in Wonderland coords instantly ita? If not could people post some cute ones?
>>
>>9255505
dat jaw
>>
>>9255497
Not the anon you replied to but I have this problem too. I mostly only own Angelic Pretty shoes but I have 2 bodyline shoes. The bodyline shoes actually scuffed the least. The Angelic Pretty shoes would scuff up too easy and the color would start peeling away in some areas.
>>
File: large.jpg (144KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
144KB, 500x707px
>>9255563
Good example of an Alice coord. Book inspired, very classic lolita. The details of the dress along with the pinafore apron and the headbow really put together the Alice Liddell themed look.
>>
>>9255563
here's a tip: don't break general lolita/coordinating rules just because it's Alice themed. there was a CoF Alice-themed post, but she shoehorned black and white striped stockings and other black accessories in. just because it's themed doesn't mean it's allowed to be tacky. it brings it from coordinate to costume.
>>
>>9255593
This would be better if they didn't suddenly have random brown shoes
>>
>>9255563
>>9255593
Not the same anon, but are alice coord really ita?
I never heard of that until now
>>
Really stupid taobao question because I haven't ordered from there in years...

Now that taobao ships to my country (US), is there any reason at all I should use a shopping service? Is it cheaper to go directly through taobao?
>>
File: badalicecoords.png (1MB, 759x761px) Image search: [Google]
badalicecoords.png
1MB, 759x761px
>>9255596
Yeah it would, but it's in theme with the Victorian era and what the original character wore. It's a decent example but not a perfect coord. I still like it.

>>9255563
>>9255600
These are examples of bad alice themed coords. It should be coorded well. It shouldn't look like a costume. It should also be made of quality materials. Just try best to make it look classic and classy, not costume.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 350x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 350x473px
>>9255606
if you want to go for what Alice originally wore you'd have yellow as the main pieces color. People don't really know this, but it's true. No excuse for shoehorned brown shoes claiming "it's what the character originally wore" if the rest is off..
>>
File: 115123473.jpg (84KB, 620x799px) Image search: [Google]
115123473.jpg
84KB, 620x799px
>>9255610
The original illustrations are in black and white, so one can argue any colour is accurate. I was just stating that black and brown shoes were popular at the time, so it's fitting for the coord.
>>
>>9255622
m8 Tinniel was the one who colored her dress yellow. Are you really trying to say the illustrator for Alice in wonderland colored her dress incorrectly?
>>
>>9255626
tenniel* whoops
>>
20 posts in and we've already devolved into arguing about minute details. Good job everyone!
>>
Are replicas looked down upon?
>>
>>9255633
I don't know why you're bitching about this, it's commonplace on /cgl/, or anywhere involved in Lolita fashion.

>>9255634
severely, yes.
>>
>>9255633
>acts surprised when a board about fashion argues over details

K
>>
>>9255634
Dress replicas are REALLY looked down upon. Shoe and bag replicas tend to get more leeway.
>>
who makes the shit post threads everynight
>>
Is my-lolita-dress any good?

What about fanplusfriend?
>>
>>9255642
If it's a replica of a generic shape like a star or heart, yes. But replicas of unique designs like AP's bat bag get quite a bit of shit.
>>
>>9255644
Whoever answers this is going to be banned, so don't be surprised if you don't get an answer.

>>9255647
MLD is a taobao reseller and depending on what you buy from them it's probably going to be cheaper just to buy from taobao.
>>
>>9255644
Housewife-chan, she's a japanese daily lolita with a creepy rich older husband. She's really annoying and has been shitposting the entire year.
>>
>>9255634
Print replicas are. Design replicas are not as much. There's a big long article about it on livejournal EGL, still same criteria and arguments in play.
>>
>>9255551
Fromjapan
>>
How do I get powder, greasepaint, and pax paint out of my brand? I did shironuri for Halloween and now the ties of my bonnet and collar of my blouse has white residue. I also accidentally spilled white pax paint on the sleeve of my blouse but was able to over dye it back to black
>>
>>9255681
You don't. You just learn your lesson for next time.
>>
Could anyone here recommend safe sites to order some lolita, Jfashion clothing and accessories. I live in Ireland. I know of bodyline and cutsey kink but I'd love to know of other sites that will ship here.
>>
>>9255647
Easier than taobao yes, cheaper no. And god help you if something goes wrong. Getting money from them is a bitch.
>>
>>9255692
Literally any of the brand websites. Closetchild. Wunderwelt. Axes Femme (With shopping service). I know this is stupid question thread but come on, anon.
>>
>>9255692
Never heard of Cutsey Kink but it looks kinda shady?

My-Lolita-Dress is a trustworthy taobao reseller that has a pretty friendly shopping cart system.

If you want secondhand brand, Wunderwelt and Closet Child should be able to ship to you, both have guides for international order on the site. Also look for European sellers on Lacemarket (a lot of US sellers will also ship to you, but it'll be very expensive).
>>
>>9255653
I thought is was kate or voldie for some reason, but know I know, thanks
>>
I've recently ordered passes for my first con. What would be some tips on wearing lolita to a con (not OTT, but more decorated than average) without losing accessories or getting messy?
>>
>>9255747
i don't know what to tell you about losing accessories--just put them on and keep them on. i usually have a friend with me, and it was helpful when my beret fell off and i didn't even notice because i was wearing a wig.

as for not getting messy--wear deodorant without aluminum to avoid yellowed or sparkly pits. just be mindful of people, don't walk into anybody, don't let anybody walk into you. avoid areas that are too congested. don't eat nachos and drink red soda while walking about. feel your way through the day. bring some of those instant stain remover wipes just in case.
>>
I love the look of these but how do i make them work without looking like a tryhard edgy wannabe?
>>
all of my questions are non-Lolita related:
-Do you know of any brands that sell Liz Lisa style shoes that are easier to get to in the US? or good Taobao brands I guess?
-Is there a Lolibrary equivalent for other j-fashion brands?
-is Tenso worth it as a shopping service? I'm new to buying overseas through third party services, Tenso seems super easy but their fees seem killer..
>>
>>9255605
If you have a question or an issue comes up with a seller, you'll have to know how to talk to them.
>>
I have a very small wardrobe, 12 main pieces ans only about 5 brand. How often is too often to rewear a piece and when is it ok to rewear to a meetup?
>>
>>9255681
Try dish soap. I've gotten some impressive stains out of secondhand burando with it.
>>
>>9255831
You don't.
>>
>>9255647
I've placed several orders with MLD and they're very reliable, however they're really best for one/two item orders anything more and you'd be better off buying from Taobao.
>>
>>9255681
Buncha Farmers laundry stick has gotten all sorts of shit out of clothes for me (including BB cream out of a white blouse and a myriad other things).

http://www.bunchafarmers.com/

Idk where to buy it in the states though. I know in Canada some Walmarts, Babies r us and secondhand baby stores carry it also.
>>
>>9255897
I wouldn't consider 12 very small unless you're daily wear kind of lolita. It's on the smaller end yes, but I'm a little surprised you're running into rewearing problems with that many main pieces.

In any case I'd say whenever you're wearing a coord several meets in a row its too much. Even little things like a bolero instead of a blouse or different legwear and shoes can really make a difference and make rewearing less of an issue.
>>
How much money do you gulls spend per year on lolita? Just curious, a general ballpark figure is fine.
>>
>>9255958
I usually only buy 1 or 2 main pieces a year and I usually wait for when the brands have their sales. Factoring in minor purchases I'd say I spend somewhere around $800 per year
>>
Anyone willing to share the story behind why there are two NYC comms?
>>
>>9255871
Tenso isn't a shopping service. They simply give you a japanese address to use with shops that don't ship internationally.
>>
>>9255958
$500-600 on main pieces and $100-200 on accessories
>>
Did y'all ever get your british bear MTOs?
>>
>>9255958
It depends on how many releases I like, this year I think I have spent around $5k+. Dresses, shoes, accessories, etc.
>>
>>9255551
Japonica is the best with Fril & Mercari
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 300x290px
Let's say I'm wearing an AP dress with AP shoes or something similar, but I'm wearing a blouse and/or socks I found at the mall or at a regular store (consider the blouse/socks match PERFECTLY with whatever OP/JSK you're wearing), would this be frowned upon and would you get called out for not wearing anything but burado?

>Is it ok to wear non burando clothes while wearing burando and incorporating them into your coord?

this question has been eating away at me for a while, since I don't want to wear my first JSK without a blouse but all the blouses (that are brand) I've found currently attainable do not match my dress at all and was thinking of looking for a nice simple blouse to hold me off until I can find the perfect one online..
>>
>>9256161
If it looks good, it's not frowned upon. If it looks like just a normie office blouse people will shit on it.
>>
>>9256161

Lolitas don't usually memorize blouses, and 99% of the time they have no idea whether your blouse is brand or not.

What they can recognise is whether your blouse looks lolita, or it looks like shit. And most office blouses look like shit for lolita. The collars on them aren't designed to close, if you can't button the collar shut then you look slovenly. The sleeves tend to be skinnier, which makes you look like a peasant who couldn't afford enough fabric. Pointy collars don't go with sweet lolita. You kind of have to really watch out for all the niggly little details.

My advice is to go on taobao, ali or ebay and look for those K-fashion lacey blouses, some of them work pretty well for lolita. Definitely avoid office blouses or t-shirts from walmart or whatever, those usually don't work out.
>>
What even IS Milanoo? Don't worry, I know their rep and I won't ever buy from them--but are they a reseller? Do they make shitty representations of what's on their site? What's their business model here?
>>
>>9255973
NYC lolitas are catty bitches
>>
>>9255871
If you're interested in the style LIZ Lisa has and are interested in fashion beyond just jfash, I would really recommend checking out if your local outlet mall as a sax fifth ave. Chloe, Valentino and a few other high fashion brands produce amazing decorated footwear.
>>
>>9256211
They resell some Taobao pieces that can be decent quality. However most of what they sell is cheaply made and shit quality with either really flattering photos, or photos that were straight up stolen from other places. Even the nice-ish things they sell can be gotten cheaper and much more reliably from other places.
As for their business model I have no idea. I guess they depend on people who don't know any better not so much on repeat customers. They also have tons of fronts that keep popping up all over the place under different names.
>>
>>9256161
Brand is not the end all and be all of everything. I'd rather see a lolita look decent than squeeze in a blouse that doesn't work because ~burando~

Trust me, brand itas exist and you don't want to be one of them because you're too damn scared to break out the burando bubble (not to mention taobao blouses often have more variety and are cheaper)
>>
>>9255871
i sometimes use emiiichan's closet as a LL master list but it's in no way complete. otherwise i try to reverse image search to find names of items.

depending on the style of boot you want, you can find some similar ones in normie stores – they might just be lacking the lace/embroidered details/charms. but search otk brown heeled boots on amazon and they'll look fine in a gyaru coord. there's even some similar fluffy winter short boots by kate spade i think.
>>
>>9255481
If you want to give the illusion of it being opaque and it has long sleeves, especially gathered sleeves where you can hide the join, stick a long-sleeved T-shirt in a matching colour under it. I do this all the time in the winter, you just have to make sure the necklines match enough that it doesn't show.
>>
>>9255692
Avoid Cutesy Kink, none of their stuff is lolita and it nearly all looks like shit.
>>
>>9255897
Generally nobody cares about rewearing stuff as long as you don't give off the impression that you literally only have one coord.
>>
>>9256562
They're not just a Taobao reseller, they're paying seamstresses to (badly) copy what is pictured.
>>
File: oops.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>9256665
Is it bad to rewear things to meet ups? How often is too often?
I only have one coord, and at the moment can't really afford anything new, will I look like a poorfag even tho I currently am?

I'm not really sure what else to wear if a new meet up is made with the same people
>>
>>9256675
If you don't have a lot to begin with and you show up in the same stuff yeah, people can tell you're a poorfag.
>>
>>9256689
Is this a bad thing though?
I don't mind so much looking like a poorfag, I just don't want to look bad or have them think ill of me
>>
>>9256667
Mostly yes, but they've also been known to resell from a handful of Taobao brands. In the few instances that people got decent stuff from Milanope it turned out to be resold Taobao.
>>
>>9256719
In a hobby that revolves around fashion? Yes. People will think poorly of you, but if you are nice and polite(and don't smell from unwashed constantly worn clothes) those who can't look past your temporary money limits will look like bitches to anyone who is decent.

I'd suggest trying to find a cheap blouse to switch the coord up even if it's just a little.
>>
>>9256719
Depends on how long you're going to only have that one outfit and your other priorities I guess. Wearing the same main piece 2-3 times in a row with maybe slightly different accessories is fine as long as you're actually working on expanding your wardrobe. However if you're wearing the exact same coord for every meetup and claiming you're too poor to afford anything else while clearly spending money on other hobbies, people are going to look down on you for it. We're a fashion community. If you want to participate you should treat it like a fashion and build your wardrobe, not like a costume party where you can wear the same costume over and over again.
>>
File: fuck.png (9KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
9KB, 405x344px
>>9256725
>In a hobby that revolves around fashion? Yes

fuck good point, and I didn't even think about the smell/unwashed stuff, I'll look around for other casual stuff to wear (that doesn't eat up my wallet), thanks!

Guess I'll just hold off the meets until I can get at LEAST 3 coords together.....
>>
>>9255692
Literally the same as every other western country
Use an ss or int shipping place and second hand sales
>>
>>9255563
I'll drop some I've in my inspiration folder
>>
>>9256862
>>
>>9256865
>>
>>9256866
>>
>>9256870
>>
>>9256871
>>
>>9256876
>>
>>9256880
>>
>>9256883
>>
>>9256885
>>
>>9256887
>>
File: tumblr_mrwuq6q8JI1spnou3o9_1280.jpg (746KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrwuq6q8JI1spnou3o9_1280.jpg
746KB, 800x1200px
>>9256890
>>
>>9255563
>>9255600
More than half of my wardrobe is alice in wonderland related, it's one of the biggest influences of lolitaand I've never heard people say it's ita
>>
>>9256894
>>
>>9256897
>>
Are bold and opaque colored contacts considered ita?
>>
>>9256734
Wait until the yandyman has a sale and buy up some stuff. I was able to get one of their decent jsks for $25
>>
>>9256973
If they match I doubt anyone will care, but if it's something like bright pink ones in a gothic coord you'll be crucified
>>
>>9256973
I can't say whether they're ita or not but they can create a costume-y look so keep that in mind. They can look a bit unsettling too, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>9255958
i think i only spend about 600 this year but i did a lot of thrifty second hand purchases no new releases
>>
>>9255871
Dreamv / global rakuten

Tenso is a forwarding service. Buyee is their "partner"/related shopping service. I've personally used Tenso for several years now and haven't been disappointed but I guess there may exist cheaper services. I'm personally not sure it's worth the risk for me to save $5 on another service possibly fuxking me over.
>>
>>9256626
Emiii's post is only her personal wardrobe so it makes sense that it's not exhaustive.
>>9255871
If you're looking for Liz Lisa items specifically, try the Liz Lisa tumblog archive.
>>
Is it ok to just wear a bolero with a JSK, and no blouse?

If it is ok, is it alright if the bolero is made out of sheer material and you can clearly see they're not wearing a blouse under?
>>
>>9257358
Not typically. It tends to look weird and incomplete without a collared blouse underneath. I've seen it look fine a few times with something like the millefeuille bolero from IW that has a lot going on around the collar, paired with maybe a bolder necklace, but the girls that've pulled that off generally have strong coording skills to begin with.
>>
>>9257358
It can be pulled off but it's really a coord by coord thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
>>
>>9255647
Unpopular opinion incoming but I like Fanplusfriend. I have bought a few ita pieces from them (my own mistake, the designs were awful), but I do have a few really good pieces from them. The only issue is that they tend to make their clothes for tall people, so be wary if you are short if buying premade dresses.
>>
>>9257358
it's okay to wear a bolero with a JSK and no blouse if the neckline is modest enough by itself and the shoulders are completely covered. a sheer bolero wouldn't do this and it's probably something to avoid. there's always an exception to the "rules," just make sure it looks good.
>>
What is the difference between the current OTT sweet and the OTT sweet that gulls seem to get so nostalgic about?
>>
File: 1468550083465.jpg (121KB, 400x609px) Image search: [Google]
1468550083465.jpg
121KB, 400x609px
>>9257434
This is more what people mean. Big wigs, full sets, like you're stepping out of a brand photoshoot.
>>
So I know JSK and OPs are different, but do people like one over the other? And when buying second hand brand, are there things to check for authenticity?
>>
>>9257434

If you look up coords for, say, Decoration Dream, and then check AP's shop banner for, say, True Rose Story, you've pretty much got the difference.

Old OTT sweet was into looking like a living pastel sugary human confection as much as possible.

Current OTT sweet is more like looking like a fantasy princess in a poofy 10-tier ruffle skirt and glitter heels.
>>
>>9255958
Probably dropped $15k cash on lolita this year and an unknown figure from selling and then buying dresses - a mix of new releases and some wishlist dresses and accessories

Just spend what is within your means
>>
>>9257462

re: authencity. For the moment, it's easy enough to ask for pictures of the brand label/tag. You can ask for a close-up of the label if you'd like, so you can check if the stitching is neat and even and there's no holes indicating it was ripped from another dress. At the moment lolita replicas are still pretty low key, most of them still have somewhat dodgy lace, the patterns might be cut off in a weird place, and brand labels on replicas are pretty much a rare unicorn.

Alternatively you could simply go for the older prints, anything pre 2005 tends not to have replicas made of them because lolita wasn't popular enough for it back then, it's easier to replicate something that's "hot" now than something that was hot in 2005 but not so popular now.

re: JSK vs OPs, jsks are more popular than OPs, but this doesn't mean no one buys jsks, or the OPs are necessarily going to be easier to procure secondhand.

JSKs have the advantage of being versatile and are often shirred, so they're more popular in a utilitarian sort of way since they tend to fit more people, and are good for those with space/budget restrictions. For most not-quite-popular prints, the jsks will often be more coveted. However, some OP designs are just more popular (see Melty Cream Donut, Celestial) than the jsks, so those specific OPs will be more sought after and higher-priced than their jsks counterparts.
>>
File: 18m43e5vuzpz9jpg.jpg (175KB, 800x988px) Image search: [Google]
18m43e5vuzpz9jpg.jpg
175KB, 800x988px
>>9257511
Thanks.
>>
I don't live in the US and I've never attended to an AP tea party so I don't know where or how to purchase a ticket. My question is, I buy something at the e-store and automatically I have my ticket to the TP or there will be a section to buy a ticket?
>>
Is there any way to avoid boob loaf? I just got an IW JSK with partial back shirring and my boobs just look like pancakes with a normal bra. I'm not maxing out the shirring (I think I could fit into this dress comfortably without the shirring panel) and my bust is only 92 cm. Would a more padded bra help? Do I just have to wear this JSK with a cardigan forever?
>>
>>9257835
Have you tried sports bras or just flat out binding?
>>
>>9257745
You have to spend $50 to be eligible to purchase the tea party ticket. Add items to your cart to meet the $50 minimum then add the tea party ticket (there is a section on the site for this) to your cart and purchase them at the same time.
>>
>>9257844
Thank you! Their explanation confused me a bit.
>>
>>9257841
I have tried sports bras and the effect is about the same. I think its probably this particular style.
>>
>>9255478
Is it bad to only have taobao and bodyline main pieces?

Don't get me wrong, most of my dream dresses are brand, but i cannot find them online (or they are extremely overpriced compared to the retail price).

The thing is, i'm a beginner in lolita, and the first dresses i feel in love with were from taobao, so i purchased them. I also have a lot of money to spend in blouses, tights, accessories etc for daily wear, so is it bad to wait to get more used to the fashion to first buy a brand dress?

Plus i find my taobao dresses lovely.
>>
>>9257853
No one gives a shit, as long as you look good. Brand itas don't get anymore credit than bodyline itas just because the own brand.
>>
>>9257853
If you're afraid to jump feet first into a super expensive dress as a beginner, I can understand that apprehensiveness. In general though, brand material and construction tends to be better than Taobao and Bodyline. Photos online might not show it, but actually touching and wearing the pieces definitely shows a difference.

That being said as long as you're well dressed who cares.
>>
>>9257835
In general IW is not friendly to boobs. Try wearing a binder but if that doesn't help, give up on wearing IW without altering/ covering up the top.
>>
I'm looking to get some petticoats to lend out to newbies in my comm for upcoming meets , and so right now I'm not looking to invest in $60 MM petticoats, and looking at square dancing petticoats on eBay from other brands.

Has anyone here managed to find decent and lolita friendly squaredancing petticoats via eBay, and who was the seller or brand/model?
>>
>>9257859
I have another JSK from IW I love, but it has corset lacing rather than shirring and I think that makes the difference. Thanks for your input.
>>
>>9257856
>>9257858
Well, thanks, i guess some bad criticizing habits from this board got on me
>>
>>9257745
You have to add your ticket to the cart yourself. On AP USA, there's a section that says Special Event tickets. Click on it and add the ticket to your cart. Make sure you have at least $50 of other items from AP USA in your cart. Make your purchase.
>>
>>9255831
wear Aristocrat
>>
So what the best SS for buying a bunch of small stuff off of yahoo auctions? I've used both tenshi and buyee before, and both times it felt like I was getting fucked over with fees.
>>
>>9257896
From Japan and Japonica Market both have fairly low fees.
>>
>>9257370
What about for ouji stuff?
>>
>>9257853
Tbh taobao comes out with some pretty creative things in ways that brands have lacked lately. Just make sure it looks cohesive and you should be fine.
>>
I really hate giant headbows, am I ita if I don't wear them?
>>
What does KC stand for (used instead of headbow)? I cannot find the meaning because I am pleb.
>>
>>9257909
No. As long as you're wearing some kind of suitable hearwear you don't need to wear a giant bow.
>>
>>9257922
It's short for katyusha, the Japanese word for headbow.
>>
>>9257909
You can wear different accessories, just be sure to wear something on your head.
>>9257922
It stands for katchyusha, Japanese for hair accessory.
>>
>>9257922
katyusha. It's a Japanese "borrowed" word that basically translates to alice bow.
>>
>>9257862
I still wear my 2 year old victoriangirldress petti from ebay, it's the only one short enough to look good with my pre-2005 dresses and it hasn't really deflated that much. It was only like $20 if I remember correctly. I can't seem to find the shop on ebay anymore though, any other gulls know if they changed shop name or something?
>>
Brand shoes are shit, and antaina holds up better right? I really want a pair of AP Milky Cross shoes, and I'm willing to wait for them to come up for sale but if they're going to scuff and peel right away, I might as well just buy the replicas.
>>
>>9257935
What about those clip-on bows? I have a big one from Chocomint and I have straight bangs, I never know where on my head to put it. Would it look better with Lolita to put it on the side of my head, or kinda near my bangs?
>>
>>9257959
Oh shoot, so I was on mobile at the time I asked and I should have been more specific. I've bought from VGD a while ago, but was pretty unsatisfied, so even if they were still in business (which they're not iirc - I didn't see anything familiar while I was surfing eBay), I'm not looking to buy from them again. I'm pretty sure that shop is long gone.

I'm also looking at "rockabilly petticoats" on Amazon. There are reviews out there, but I can't tell if they're as full looking as in the photos or if they're actually sheer irl.
>>
>>9255648
That's because many of the replicas also copy the brands logo on it. Replica bags that do that like the melty chocolate ones or the baby biscuit bags are generally looked down upon.
>>
>>9255973
Not really one story. Rather a bunch of "she said, she saids". The better dressed comm is very selective and suspicious of people, the ita comm are made up of ghetto loud mouths from the Bronx but they'll take whoever they can get. There's a couple other much smaller comms that keep to themselves and there's a decent amount of okay dressed lone Lolitas you'd be best to befriend.
>>
File: kera-july-2016.jpg (51KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
kera-july-2016.jpg
51KB, 353x500px
What are some magazines I should check out?
>>
>>9255681
Greasepaint and powder should go in the washer, if you're worried use wool-soap or dishwasher and go by hand.

PAX will not budge. I got some on my KÃ¥nken back in 2013 and it's still there after three and a half year of practically daily use and a yearly wash.
>>
>>9257962
I'd buy replicas anyway I'll wear hundreds of dollars worth of clothes but I ain't walking on them
>>
File: L_g0059879120 (1).jpg (50KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
L_g0059879120 (1).jpg
50KB, 750x600px
how shitty is this replica gonna be? My sister just bought it for me for xmas, and I didn't realize at first when I said it was cute. She just told me she bought it like two weeks ago, so cancelling is out of the question. Honestly just curious as to whether or not it'll be wearable.
>>
>>9258420
Can you post a review when you do get it in?
>>
>>9258325
This.
Also I can't take the gamble of spending that much in shoes when I'm in that size40 area of "maybe it'll fit"

If it doesn't fit and it's like a $10 pair from taobao no skin off my bones.
>>
>>9258425
Yeah sure, but it is a christmas present. It wont be for another month.
>>
>>9258325
That's a really good point anon, I'd be willing to drop that much cash on brand shoes if they were high quality materials I'd know would last a long time, like real leather. I'll just get the replicas.
>>
>>9257358
I've done this before with a jsk+ IW bolero and a statement necklace. Definitely missed the blouse - having a little bit extra above the collar of the jsk is nice for concealing potential cleavage.
>>
>>9255958
I got 2 new releases this year which meant a shitton of customs fees, along with 5 second hand dresses and a bunch of other things - so about $5000 or so? Not all that much really, but given that I'm supposed to be saving for a house deposit it was more than I intended.
>>
>>9258420
It doesn't look like the skirt will be be full enough to wear as a lolita dress. It might be ok otherwise though.
>>
I regret not ordering the Cross Princess OP and headress AP released for Vogue's Fashion Night or whatever the fuck it was.

I want it in black/red.

I can't find anyone who ordered it who would be willing to transfer me their order, or those that are willing have it in Mint or Pink.

I found a few legit resellers on Taobao with it. I usually shop on Taobao using their cargo warehousing service without an agent, and of hundreds of items have had only 2 go AWOL and unrecovered in the process. But in my mind's eye, I see the fucking $800 USD item going poof.

Can anyone recommend a reliable English speaking Taobao shopping service that would offer some kind of guarantee that this item will arrive? I would like to be able to explain the preorder process and my concerns.

Better yet, anyone know anyone that ordered this in BRed and is having regrets?

Thanks.
>>
>>9257962
I wouldn't say that Brand shoes generally scuff easier. There are horror stories about brand shoes torning apart after one wear (mosty btssb shoes), but there are stories about offbrand shoes as well.
What I can say for sure is that the brand shoes look a lot nicer than the replicas.
>>
File: IMG_3238.jpg (65KB, 521x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3238.jpg
65KB, 521x417px
>>9256211
For the most part, they basically steal pictures from other clothing/cosplay/Jfash sellers and have replicas of these pieces made as cheaply as possible. They use the stolen photos to represent the product (it's not uncommon to find Mary Magdalene or AP stock photos on the site), but crop out the brand name and add the Milanoo watermark. The actual product that they ship (if they ship anything) is whatever the lowest-bidding manufacturer provides, so it's usually hastily-constructed and made with very cheap materials. Pic related: stolen AP Marionette Girl stock photo compared to the one Milanoo sold.
>>
Whats the difference between off white and ivory for Metamorphose? I need a new blouse to match a dress, but everything I see is listed as offwhite. Its so hard to color match when you are buying online.
>>
Is it better to have a plain, non-brand bag to go with a coord than no bag at all (assuming that it matches in color)? I don't carry a bag regularly, and I don't want to buy expensive brand bags, but I feel like not having a bag at all leaves a coord looking unfinished.
>>
>>9258811
if it matches in theme and color sure, if it's just the color that matches it's going to look odd.

There's an example of something similar of what you're talking about in the coord help thread, where someone has a bag that's color matches but the theme doesn't and people told her to use another bag.
>>
>>9255596
It matches her hair. Plus saying "omg her shoes aren't blue!!!11" actually makes it seem like a costume. I miss old school lolita, it felt so much more like a genuine fashion.
>>
>>9255606
Top right isn't even lolita. Do you hate bottom middle just because it's MAM? It's just a matching JSK and headbow with a white blouse.
>>
>>9258822
>matching your shoes to your hair

alright you're either an idiot or new.

first off if you match your shoes to anything that's not on the main piece, it needs to be a bag. Secondly, you do not need to match your hair to anything in a coord if it's a natural color, it's only when you start bringing in unnatural colors does it need to match a coord. Thirdly, color needs to be EVENLY distributed, and she would need a bag/some wrist wear/maybe some accessories that are brown to tie it in.

Acting like an oldfag only works if you know what you are talking about.
>>
File: ex.png (901B, 509x221px) Image search: [Google]
ex.png
901B, 509x221px
>>9258681
Off white is pretty much what it sounds like, just a shade or two darker than stark white. It's a light shade but when compared to actual white you can tell it's not quite the same. Ivory is significantly darker than off white and looks antiquated.
>>
>>9258822
If you want to be technical, it doesn't. Two completely different shades of brown, plus you don't normally match a coord to natural/natural dyed hair.
>>
>>9256195
It's pretty easy to tell if a blouse is brand 99% of the time.
>>
>>9258828
Do you have any more crucial fashion rules to share with us? Please educate us further, oh mighty one.
God damn anon it's just fashion, lighten the fuck up.
>>
>>9258828
Please look at some old street snaps, you are embarrassing yourself. And where did I say that the hair colour must always be the colour of her hair? What you are describing just sounds forced and costumey. I bet you think solid tights look good and balance out lolita.
>>
>>9258837
/cgl/ is not the place for you if you think the most basic of rules for lolita are too much.
>>
>>9258839
I'm firmly against solid tights, don't know why you're projecting just because I'm pointing out coording basics.

seriously, these are the bare basics. I get that I'm not sugar coating my phrasing but if you want to argue with the actual rules I'm saying you need to go back to tumblr or wherever you came from that Lolita is whatever you want it to be. YES it's a fashion, but it has a lot more of a strict rule set than most fashions.
>>
>>9258840
Please check out the old school thread to see what anon meant by balancing dark shoes with dark hair. And work on your reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1446403794512.png (56KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446403794512.png
56KB, 446x400px
>>9258840
>being this anal about colors
>the most basic of rules for lolita
>>
>>9258837
>>9258839
Anon was a dick with her wording but she was right about coordinating.

Let's all just stop before the thread gets deleted.
>>
>>9258845
Not that anon, but yes. Being anal about color distribution is a basic rule for Lolita.

Gulls, stop responding to b8. She was right but obviously trying to get reactions.
>>
>>9258842
Anon I'm sorry but you sound incredibly new, not just to lolita but to fashion in general. Only people who don't know shit about aesthetics cling this hard to "rules".
>>
>>9258849
>not that anon but
It's more of a western thing, it's not an absolute rule.
>>
>>9258842
Lol, it's not basic coording rules that a bag should match the shoes in colour at all times or else the coord is ita. You sound like one of those newbies who is so scared about making a mistake that they make up rules that don't exist like that visible knee debacle. Lolita used to be more organic which thus made it look more like a genuine fashion. I really do think you would benefit from picking up an old bible.
>>
>>9258856
No, and I didn't say the bag should match the shoes in color at all times. Ironic you people bitch at me for reading comprehension and then say shit like this. I said if you are going to introduce a completely new color with the shoes, it should match the bag.

GDI /cgl/, you always do this. I say something that's factually correct and you shit yourselves to defend someone who obviously doesn't know what they are talking about.

we are in a thread for newbies asking questions, so obviously I'm going to post more about the rules. If they are new they NEED those guidelines and then as they are in the fashion longer they learn to dictate.
>>
>>9258842
Could you try any harder to pretend that you understand lolita? Do you realize that there are different styles other than modern AP?
>>
>>9258861
Could you try harder at an argument? I quite obviously do, you just don't like that I'm abrasive in my phrasing.
>>
>>9258860
Honey, if you don't realize that old school lolita very often (and one of the defining characteristics of it) would have contrasting shoes balanced out with their hair, then you really shouldn't be commenting.
>>
ITT: gulls arguing over a newbie who misread
>>9255596

Nobody said it was bad.
>>
>>9258863
I think people don't like that you're so stubborn about being wrong.
>>
>>9258865
>honey

Kek, this is how you know someone is mad. When they try this patronizing bullshit to try and make it sound like they know something.

I didn't bring up old school, someone else did and they keep shoehorning it into the conversation.

>>9258868
I think you really don't know what you're talking about, since I listed what is literally just basic rules to Lolita.
>>
File: 1294129245370.jpg (357KB, 588x983px) Image search: [Google]
1294129245370.jpg
357KB, 588x983px
>>9258869
To be honest, I just wanted to annoy you even more because I can tell you are frothing at the mouth.

But omg!!!111 the origins of lolita is totes ita!!!
>>
File: tumblr_mvbzycYJtH1sk926oo1_500.jpg (117KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvbzycYJtH1sk926oo1_500.jpg
117KB, 500x750px
>>9258873
How dare she, what an ita
>>
>>9258873
>I'm frothing at the mouth

love the projecting. keep thinking I'm mad if it makes you happy.

Nobody said old school wasn't lolita either, it's just being brought up when nobody is talking about it but one loud 12 year old with an airhorn who thinks it should be relevant to the conversation.

Also, friendly reminder that old school is a sub style in itself and rules for it are not the same as rules for coordinating current Lolita.
>>
File: qOuufDk.jpg (350KB, 853x1600px) Image search: [Google]
qOuufDk.jpg
350KB, 853x1600px
>>9258874
>triggered

Part of old school's charm is that it doesn't look so forced and matchy matchy. It doesn't mean that there's no balance at all, it just doesn't have to have such a rigid formula. If you need one, you clearly have no competence in dressing yourself.
>>
>>9258873
Not once in the thread did anyone say oldschool isn't lolita.
>>
>>9258880
weather you like it or not, the rules of current Lolita are a lot more rigid than they used to be. Please stop masturbsting over a certain substyle and realize that it has its own set of rules.
>>
>>9258879
>friendly reminder that old school is a sub style

Oh dear. You just made yourself sound even stupider. The only sub styles are gothic, classic and sweet. The rest are themes: sailor, pirate, etc. And old school just refers to the time period.

How is it not relevant when you are claiming in absolutes that certain fake rules are always valid in the fashion? Lol.
>>
>>9255647
I've never bought from MLD before, but in terms of buying things from Taobao I almost always go through Taobaonow/Taobaospree for my purchases. I think you can buy from some taobao stores directly now, but I still use a SS.

I actually really like Fanplusfriend though. I know a lot of people don't. It's really good for getting a few staple pieces custom sized. I get a lot of my blouses from them and I've never had any problems with their quality.

A lot of their designs are pretty out there, though, and they have a history of releasing things that are pretty ita and poor quality. They're getting a lot better though.
>>
>>9258884
>oldschool isn't a substyle

that's like saying vintage clothing isn't a fashion style. it's just factually incorrect
>>
>>9258881
No, but newfag did say that it was never acceptable to have your shoes and hair match each other in color and not the rest of the coord.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 251x201px
>>9258884
>not a sub style

m8

I agree with you for the most parts but you need to clam down

you're just looking silly now
>>
>>9258886
You might want to reread the post. Old school isn't a style by itself. It just describes the time period of the substyles: eg. old school gothic, old school sweet, old school classic. It can't just be old school by itself. How are you this retarded?
>>
>>9258887
>>9258887
not once did I say never, I said its not normal to use your hair color as an element for color distribution.

also said if you bring in a new color in your shoes you need to match your bag, or at the very least bring in more of that color with other accessories.

goddamn you are so #triggered.
>>
>>9258892
Why can't people understand this? It's like the most basic thing ever. If you don't understand substyles then you need to leave.
>>
>>9258892
They said it wasn't a substyle, but a time period. It's both. Both of you are absolute idiots for arguing like this.
>>
>>9258893
>also said if you bring in a new color in your shoes you need to match your bag

Yep, and that's exactly what they have been saying the entire time. Check out the old school thread for more itas to make you butthurt!
>>
>>9258895
>>9258896
>>
>>9258897
Jfc you are throwing such a tantrum. It's common in current trends and you are so far up your own ass you can't realize that's what the initial criticism was about. Instead you keep shoehorning oldschool into the conversation because it's what you like.
>>
>>9258896
>Old school isn't a style by itself. It just describes the time period of the substyles: eg. old school gothic, old school sweet, old school classic
>>
>>9258899
Classic deflecting without actually acknowledging what was actually said. Maybe next time don't make absolutes and act like there are particular stupid rules that don't exist in the country where the fashion actually originated.
>>
>>9258900
It's still a substyle. It can refer to a few different substyles, but it's a sub style
>>
>>9258901
Maybe next time don't get so triggered over someone posting basic rules in a thread where newbies come to ask questions then.

Or is that too much to ask? should I put a trigger warning on my posts for you?

Also

>muh Japan does it so it's okay

making video games about stalking and raping girls is okay too then, huh?
>>
>>9258902
Please reread.

>>9258904
>triggered

Sorry for calling you out on not knowing what you are talking about. If you used common sense you would realise that obviously color balance is necessary, but there isn't an exact formula that must be stuck to. When you have set "rules" like this, it shows in your coordinates that you don't know what you are doing at all. It's not a costume.

>making video games about stalking and raping girls is okay too then, huh?

Hahahaha, could you be grasping for straws anymore?
>>
>>9258904
>making video games about stalking and raping girls is okay too then, huh?

Thank you for the laugh. I am enjoying your pathetic delusions, you have outdone yourself with this one.
>>
>>9258909
I'm gonna give you a five minute time out so you can remember that we aren't talking about oldschool, and that we are in a thread for newbies so giving more rigid rules will help them until the training wheels can come off.

five minuets okay? Take deep breaths and think about what you did.
>>
>>9258910
This post sounds very euphoric. They were obviously giving an extreme example for impact.
>>
>>9258911
When you tell newbies rules that don't exist, they become afraid of everything and ask stupid questions about everything.Then they think that they have to wear a wig, can't show their knees, etc. It's easier to just say to stick to one-color coords in the beginning rather than this must be x color and that must be x color.

>>9258912
Nice samefag. That was one of the worst mental gymnastics I have seen in awhile. Or the best in that it's a great example.
>>
>>9258917
Anon, do the letters HWC ring a bell? Because that's who you're responding to. It's obviously her, and you are part of the problem of why she keeps coming here. Sage, report, and stop taking the b8.
>>
>>9258917
>>9258917
Yep, and then you end up with shitty plasticy wigs with side swept, uncut bangs and whatnot. Why does this fashion attract so many people who simply don't understand the basics of fashion?

In b4 I am accused of samefagging because of course more than one person can't recognize bullshit.

>>9258919
I dunno anon, there are a lot of clueless people on here. But I for one do wish HWC would fuck off, no one likes her or believes her about her life.
>>
>>9256973
That depends mostly on the coord. If it looks really costumy and doesnt match anything then yeah, they'd be pretty ita, but if it works with the coord then I'd say no.

>>9257835
My chest is 100 cm, I bought a chest binder just for an IW piece I have. It might not work as well depending on your piece/specific body type but it works wonders for me.

>>9257853
An ita is an ita regardless of what name is on the tag of their dress. No one really cares if you're wearing taobao if your coord is good.

>>9257962
I don't normally speak highly of bodyline but I've had good luck with their shoes. Same with antaina.
>>
>>9258924
She has done this before, I don't care what you think about what she says she is, but responding to this bullshit is why she keeps coming back. I wish you fuckwits would realize that and sage and report obvious b8 instead of taking it, or complaining about how she's a fake personality to her.
>>
>>9258929
HWC is a newfag, there's always been morons on here. Eg saying that all black dresses are gothic. But it is a waste of time regardless of who it is if they're that stupid.
>>
>>9257962
If you go Bodyline just be aware the snaps on their shoes are shit and will probably break.

In my experience don't buy BTSSB shoes, they're awful. AP is hit or miss in terms of quality.
>>
>>9258930
I don't think you know who she is, she also has adamantly shitposted against people saying all black coords are gothic. She isn't new, she's just an effective troll. You know what would make her fuck off? Not responding to her bullshit. You are just as much to blame, and I hope every new poster sees this.

If you see someone who is being incredibly disagreeable for no reason, calling you a cunt, and saying you are "#triggered", it is our boards most persistent troll. Sage and report, do not respond.
>>
>>9258932
The best option is a lolita-specific shoe brand. Like Yosuke and Queen Bee. They're a lot hardier than Meta or Baby.
>>
>>9258933
I meant to clarify that people have been saying that 5+ years ago, I don't think that she was around then. But I really hope it's not her, that would make her even more pathetic. She seems to be on here every hour, every single day. How depressing.
>>
>>9258935
She hasn't been here lately, except for late at night. That's why I am so pissed you all responded to her, she was finally fucking off and containing her cancer to her little pathetic AMA threads and then you all took her b8 again.

I am so pissed right now, she was finally toning it down. We were getting rid of her, slowly, but we were. Now she's going to start it all over again.
>>
>>9258855
It's absolutely more of a modern western attitude. I honestly get pretty tired of it but what can you do?
>>
>>9258830
Damn, finding an ivory blouse/cutsew is going to be hard. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9258926
Do you have recommendations for a good binder? I looked into it briefly once, but most of what I read said that they're super uncomfortable and can mess your boobs up if you do it wrong.
>>
>>9258995
Ivory blouses shouldn't be too difficult to find, depending on what exactly you're looking for. I know you mentioned Meta but I've seen quite a few ivory BTSSB and IW blouses for sale on auctions, for example.
>>
>>9259017
Transboy here. GC2B has the best binders and best customer service in my experience. A lot of people recommend underworks which is still good and binds a bit better for larger breasts I just personally find GC2B way more comfortable and breathable.

As for breast sagging it shouldn't be a problem unless you wear your binder everyday for the majority of the day or you bind them without using a proper binder. Though of course it probably varies depending on the person.
>>
File: Meta.jpg (38KB, 643x425px) Image search: [Google]
Meta.jpg
38KB, 643x425px
>>9259017
Underworks Extreme MagiCotton Sports and Binding Bra is the reason I can actually endure my shitty 100 cm bust (and this is after a reduction too)
>>
>>9258884
anon i agree with you but youre taking the bait and need to stop
>>
Where is the best place to purchase these from? I feel like Spreepicky/storenvy listings are all boosted prices. Has anyone bought one that came looking as pictured and where from?

Also, any aliexpress stores with a decent rep that sell mori-type clothing? I'm considering getting into the style but I want to make a small purchase first to see how I feel in it (I have a large bust so I'm worried I'll look off) before making any big purchases.
>>
i don't know a thing about mori girl. where do i buy or look for things that fit this fashion? i've googled for shop lists but a lot of it seems less brand-centric than the j-fash i'm used to (lolita). what sort of aesthetics do i need to look for?
>>
>>9255478
I understand that replicas are a generally bad thing and my sincere opinion is that Chinese brands often even come out with cuter and more affordable designs, in fact, I'm at a loss for words with how bad Angelic Pretty has always been... Yet how popular it is nowadays.

But, here's what truly, TRULY, bothers me: AP and other Japanese brands are hilariously overpriced, how come so many girls out in this world think it's OK to pay nearly 1000€ for an outfit? Are all lolitas really that filthy rich or are they just kinda obsessed with having status and being a big fish in a small pond kinda thing?

I mean, the fabric of these dresses is nothing out of this world, the designs of brands like AP are literally just different glorified illustrations, aka "prints", stamped on without any real sense of aesthetic and fluidity...

What is up with lolita fashion and why does it just not make sense to me? Am I missing something?
>>
>>9259319
you won't ever understand
>>
>>9259319
I'm pretty fucking rich desu fampai
>>
>>9259321
I probably won't ever understand it the same way girls who spend that much money on unoriginal coordinates etc. thinking that they look very cute or something... Like, see? I don't even get it.

>>9259322
Fair enough, I'm ok with that. But why lolita? Is it a sorts of "eh, it's cute, I guess I'll do it" for you then? Since you're rich?

What IS the appeal? Is it a statement?
>>
>>9259319
jesus, anon. if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

for most of us, the appeal is beautiful clothes. the reason you don't get it is because you don't share the same aesthetic taste that some lolitas do.

it's not a statement, at least not for me. i just love the look of lolita, i dress up in brand for myself, as a lonelita, because i don't really care if other people see me.

just don't participate if you don't "get" it? like i don't get why normies will pay thousands for a shitty brown bag with a logo printed all over it. so, i don't buy it. simple.
>>
>>9259328
Eh, but aren't some brand bags exactly the same you described but with Angelic Pretty written all over it?

... I think normies are on the right side of history here. As far as having some common sense in their purchases.

Lolita is super restricting and boring, it becomes an eyesore so fast really... I did only want to understand. To be fair, I understand all forms and shapes of fashion I can think back on rn, but lolita escapes me entirely.

And also, of course I do not participate in Lolita fashion or communities. I much prefer other forms of J-fashion. But I wanted to understand Lolita. Because, you know, while the dresses are cute... It's always the same shit. Over and over.

Does it become a "safe space" kinda of fashion?
Again, this is a "ask stupid question" thread, please don't get angry at me.
>>
>>9259262
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42060935742
>>
>>9259325
And yet people are okay with dumping hundreds on games, figures, cosplay, alcohol, drugs, etc etc. Everyone has their vices, just because you don't get it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Now go an blow your money on something that makes sense to you and leave us be.
>>
>>9259331
you know i was just giving you an example, anon. stop taking things so literally. here, take another one: how /fa/ will justify buying a plain white tee for more than $100

you see the same thing over and over because you don't really seem to care about the finer details and nuances of the fashion

of course it'll look mostly the same to somebody who isn't familiar with it/chooses not to be familiar with it because lolita has "rules." lolita must maintain a certain silhouette. it requires the same types of parts. the difference lies within those parts

people are going to get angry because you're calling the thing they love "super restricting," "boring," and "an eyesore."

lolita isn't a "safe space." have you seen how we treat each other? we have rules.

like >>9259336 said, unless you have any real questions that aren't thinly-veiled insults, go wear what you prefer to wear.
>>
>>9259339
That actually helped. And I know they sounded like thinly-veiled insults... But my being autistic might have not helped in my expression. Yes, I was being too literal about it, I guess.

If you like it you do. I guess what troubles me is the amount of women and girls who are dirt poor and who will do all kinds of shit for money so that they can afford lolita. That kinda messes me up.
>>
>>9259346
you're alright, autism-anon.

those girls who do deplorable things for burando money don't represent most lolitas.

a lot of us are just normal gulls who go to work and put aside some of our income for dresses that make us happy.

girls like that mess me up too, but there's always going to be people who choose the wrong way to deal with a struggle.
>>
>>9258932
I really like my Bodyline tea party shoes and own them in multiple colors
>>
>>9259319
>>9259346

I just wanted to point out a few other things that you've gotten backwards.

Brand isn't as overpriced as you assume. Compared to a normie dress, lolita skirt alone will contain literally 3 times the amount of fabric. A normie dress is actually closer to what you describe as "glorified illustrations" in maybe a simple A-line or maxi cut, but a lolita dress will often have extra ruffles, lace, cute buttons, bows, extra bits, and so on. Some of brands even do custom embroidered lace or metal charms. And we haven't even gone into the extra labour needed to sew all these extra things together to make one single lolita dress. Or paying the illustrator for creating an exclusive artwork, and the fashion designer for designing an intricate dress instead of using a standard maxi/A-line template. $300-400 is almost a bargain for the extra work that goes into making a a super detailed exclusive dress.

The fabric of the dresses may not be out of this world, but you're only paying $300+. A simple wedding dress made from real silk will set you back $3,000. A leather bag from Chanel will set you back even more. You've only paid walnuts instead of peanuts, and you're asking why you're not getting diamonds. Meanwhile normies will fight to the death over a Birkin costing the price of a small car, they aren't more on "the right side" than lolitas, they just like different brands/aesthetics.

You have the rules backwards, too. They were created following fashion rules. You know the ones: dress to your body type. Complement your skin colour. Like fahsion rules, lolita rules were created to help completely clueless newbies dress better in lolita. That's why they're often quoted when people look bad, if they had followed the rules their outfits would look much better. The "no showing shoulders" rule gets broken quite frequently by the brands themselves, who make it look good.

Crazy people exist everywhere, sadly. Lolita or not.
>>
>>9258932
really? I've never had a problem and half my bodyline shoes are from 5 years ago
>>
>>9259380
I don't think I've ever agreed more.

Adding to that, walk into Nordstrom and you'll see a wide variety of seemingly simple clothes going for more than twice the cost of a brand dress. Just because you can't afford it means it's expensive.
>>
>>9259331
YOU think its restricting, we think its enjoyable
YOU think its an eyesore, we think its pretty

how hard is it to understand that people can like different things than you?
>>
File: 1448176820739.jpg (759KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1448176820739.jpg
759KB, 1280x1920px
>>9259303
light as well as earthy colours, layers, knits. the definition I've heard a lot is 'look like you just stepped out of a magic forest'

>>9259319
uhm, 1000€ for an outfit? I've not paid more than 50€ for a main piece yet.

>>9259331
>restricting and boring
I don't know where you've been but you seem to only be thinking of sweet or something? there's three completely different main styles, tons of substyles, etc. I dare you to call a HD/Engelsbeginn/other meta uniform-kei coord 'the same shit over and over'. I dare you to call pic related the same shit. there's an endless amount of ways to coord one single dress, nevermind all the different dresses and styles that exist.
it's also far from a restricting style, you have like three rules total (wear a fucking petti, cover up some skin and match your hair+makeup+accessories with the fanciness level of the dress) and the rest you can go wild with.
>>
>>9259303
I don't remember if there's a Chinese word to plug into taobao's search engine (maybe check the taobao thread) but searching "mori" or "mori girl" on aliexpress brings up a lot of good stuff. Dear Li and Wonder Rocket were good mori "brands" but have changed a lot over the years. You should be able to find some of their older stuff on yahoo auctions though.
>>
>>9259380
This 100%
With some rare exceptions, lolita dresses are a really good deal for what you get, especially taking into consideration how niche the fashion is. My friend is into goth and she regularly pays >$100 for the plainest tops or dresses simply because they're black and there's something spoopy screenprinted on the front.
Sure you can get clothes for much cheaper at Walmart, but if you want a certain aesthetic you're going to have to pay for it.
>>
I need to know, is it more affordable to buy from AP USA or AP Japan with Tenso? I'm in Canada, so exchange rates are barbaric either way.
>>
>>9259633
This is something you can calculate yourself
>>
>>9257962
the thing about shoes is they're gonna get wrecked eventually if you wear them enough. my reasoning with shoes is, i'll splurge for brand if they're a special shoe and i know i'll only wear them for particular occasions or outfits. if they're going to be worn frequently, i cheap out and get bodyline.
>>
>>9259303
thrift stores are your friend too anon. i've found cute tea length dresses, aprons, & many, many cardigans for super cheap. thrift tip: don't look at everything. esp in big stores like value village. that shit is overwhelming and will tire you out. instead, only look for certain colours, patterns, fabrics, etc that draw your eye, then pull it out from the rack and decide if it's still cute. for example, i look for anything pink, lace, off white, any pastel really, ruffles, faux shearling, that kind of stuff. for mori you'll want to look for cable knits, shades of brown & olive green or even dark reds, faux fur details, fringes, even florals. mori is all about the layers and thrift stores are perfect for creating a look thats unique.
>>
>>9259633
fellow canadian here. it's prob pretty close either way, but i'm thinking yen might be slightly better.
>>
How long does it usually take for a new AP release to go on sale? I'm kind of interested in the navy True Rose Story jsk, but not enough to buy it at full price.
>>
File: qyetzxbrzt.png (67KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
qyetzxbrzt.png
67KB, 500x600px
I've been MIA from online communities for the last two years.
What would you say are some of the biggest changes in that time?

Also I have quite a bit of Bodyline in my closet from back when I was just starting. Has there been any rise/fall in the worth of bodyline? Do people still sell on the livejournal or is it all lacemarket now?
>>
>>9259739
kek
>>
>>9259757
Livejournal is dead, people sell through Lacemarket or Facebook.

You probably won't get much for Bodyline unless they stopped selling whatever you have.
>>
When do the US AP and Baby stores typically have winter sales for their regular stock? Christmas time? After New Year?
>>
File: Cxgv1PGUkAAPsvH.jpg (171KB, 1169x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Cxgv1PGUkAAPsvH.jpg
171KB, 1169x1094px
I can't find the OP on axes femme's site, despite them posting this yesterday on twitter.
Am I retarded or was it removed already?
>>
>>9259319
>how come so many girls out in this world think it's OK to pay nearly 1000€ for an outfit?

because that's pretty normal & cheap? My "normie" outfits can easily hit $400-600. What's an extra $400 for something with as many accessories, details, add ons, ect, as lolita? $1000 for an outfit is nothing, especially not in lolita where a lot of it (blouses, jewlery, ect) can be used with other coords.
>>
Is To Alice any good?
>>
>>9259319
>fabric nothing out of this world
>glorified illustrations

Yes you're missing something. You don't own burando
>>
How much of a bloodbath is the lolita collective Black Friday sale? I have a gc I'm itching to use but will hold out if I think I'll be able to score during the BF sale.
>>
>>9260143
It's alright, but you get what you pay for.
>>
File: gothic-lolita-fashion.jpg (394KB, 700x934px) Image search: [Google]
gothic-lolita-fashion.jpg
394KB, 700x934px
Where can I buy a [good] wig like pic related?
>>
>>9259739
Not all items get to the sale period anon, if you really want it, bite the bullet. Sales are same times as normie seasonal sales.
>>
Can berets go with gothic lolita? What is good casual headwear for gothic lolita? I'm a little stuck.
>>
>>9260711
1) yes, i think berets would work swimmingly with gothic lolita. (imagine a qt mime coord)

2) rectangle headdresses, small fascinators, small ribbons? i think that those are all workable for casual headwear.
>>
>>9259784
Usually sometime in January.
>>
>>9260711
Adding to >>9260720's suggestions: Rose hair clips. They're simple enough to be casual and still look elegant, and can easily go with almost any sub style assuming they're in a color that goes with your coord.
>>
How are sellers who have 8 negative feedbacks on lacemarket (e.g. rincinerate) not banned yet?
>>
File: pixiv29024638.jpg (639KB, 1200x841px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv29024638.jpg
639KB, 1200x841px
How do you all keep up on latest trends/releases? Tumblr? Lolibrary?
I'm a complete outsider when it comes to Lolita and Jfashion, and don't really have any desire to dress that way, but I'd like to see what's out there and what people are wearing.
>>
>>9261154
i made a burner account on FB just for lolita and watch the Lolita Updates page closely! also visit lolibrary and /cgl/ at least once a day.

plus talking to my lolita friends, who are usually more on top of new releases as well
>>
>>9260041
I think it just takes them a few days to put everything online. I've noticed this too, new stuff I wanted in their ads not being on the site yet. Just check back over the next week or so and it will probably be posted.
>>
Thoughts on spreepicky? I kinda want to do gothic lolita type stuff but I'm not sure if I'm ready to dedicate a ton of money on things I might not even end up wearing.

I'm going to guess that as a dirty gaijin, I'm going to have to order custom sizes because asian sizing is usually smaller?

Also, are there a lot of things on spreepicky that I can just end up buying for way cheaper on Taobao or Aliexpress? Is spreepicky a noob trap?
>>
>>9261757
Spreepicky is a noob trap. And you don't have to order custom sizes because asian sizing is smaller, you have to order custom sizes because you're fat.
>>
>>9261757
Don't do spreepicky. What's your budget? You can find brand for great prices secondhand if you look well. This guide is full of links you should check out: http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/buying It has links to shopping services too, if you need them.
About sizing, don't assume you'll need custom sizing just because you're not Asian. Check out Lolibrary for information about garments (if you're looking for gothic lolita, check out Atelier Boz, Lapin Agill, Moi Meme Moitie, Alice and the Pirates, Metamorphose for non printed pieces), and keep in mind that when you buy online most of the time the item's measurements will be listed. Get a measuring tape and measure your shoulders, bust, waist (at its narrowest point), and from your shoulders down to your knees. Unless you're significantly overweight or tall, brand could fit you just fine.
>>
>>9261134
LM doesn't have a limit on negative feedback. They only ban in the case of pulling out of a transaction four times a year.
>>
>>9258811
Get a structured bag that matches most of your closet in terms of color. A bag w/ no theme that still matches is fine. Just make sure it's not super normie looking.
>>
>>9255958
Between $600-$1000. I've bought 6 main pieces this year but almost all of them were second hand.
>>
>>9261786
>>9261785
What's wrong with Spreepicky? Is stuff overpriced? Poor quality? Just considered generally tacky?

Good to know about the whole sizing situation. I'm pretty average weight, maybe slightly above average height (5'6"), so I guess I'll be alright.
>>
>>9255478
This is probably written somewhere but I really can't be bothered looking through all of /cgl for my answer, but I want to reserve a skirt from btssb that is only available through mail order, I found the guide on their website that says how to do it so I'm happy to do that, but the listing also says that it'll come in stock mid December, does that mean it'll ship out for the mail order reservation that time, or will it become an available listing that I can just add to my cart and purchase normally? The reservation has been open for a few days so I'm not really sure if I'll get it (is it usually a bloodbath for these things? I've only ever shopped at the physical stores before. Do they have a limited amount of reservation items? I know it says first come first served, so I might be too late, but how fast do these things sell out?) Basically I'm asking is the 4th day too late to reserve as a mail order? And would the listing ever show up as an 'add to cart' listing when the item is in stock? I'm not actually that into lolita, I just have a few brand pieces that I wear into my everyday fashion that I bought from the physical stores, so I really have no idea how this whole thing works. Thanks.
>>
>>9256044

Haha, yes. Long time ago.
>>
>>9258833

No, it's easy to tell if a blouse came from a lolita brand 90% of the time, but OP specifically asked about burando brand. A lot of taobao and indie brands aren't burando but still put out pretty decent lolita blouses, is what I meant.
>>
>>9255958
Maybe around $3500 on main pieces and $1000 on other stuff like blouses and accessories.
>>
This is probably posted in an FAQ somewhere so I'm sorry if it's been asked a thousand times before.

I have big feet, US 9W, and I'm struggling to find cute shoes that will fit me. I know I won't fit into most brand and that's okay, I just want to find something that's cute and good quality.
>>
>>9262110

Yes, now is the time to email them. Particularly if the reservation page says so. (If the reservation page allows you to buy through cart they'll tell you to use the cart instead).

Skirts have gone way down in popularity. You should still be able to get one.

The size of the factories btssb works with can only crank out so many dresses/skirts in a fixed amount of time (in order to meet the shipping deadline), that's probably their hard limit for how many orders they can take during the reservation period. When a print is popular, all the dresses can get sold out during reservation. I don't think any print in btssb's recent history is popular enough for that, though, and anyway btssb usually opens a second round of reservations (with a later shipping date) if a print sells out super fast, so you probably still have a decent chance.
>>
>>9262182
https://shop35767391.world.taobao.com/

custom shoe sizes.
>>
>>9262190
Thank you so much!
>>
>>9262066

Overpriced, with limited selection. Spreepicky is a middleman with most of their stock coming from taobao, so you're paying extra simply to fund their web server costs and keep them in business. There's markups of over 100% on some of their items, they make a profit by scalping newbies who are too dumb to figure out how to use taobao.

Most of what they sell is available at retail quantities off taobao, the selection on taobao is wider, and you can do image search on taobao with spreepicky's images. The downside is that it's in Chinese and you will need to figure out a shopping service or a forwarding service, so I guess it's your choice whether you prefer to be scalped or take the trouble to figure out taobao.

If you're looking for weeby almost-lolita stuff on the cheap, try To Alice: https://tomybear.taobao.com/
Rain House (https://shop33588431.taobao.com/) is good for CCS or Sailor Moon stuff.
>>
Have replicas ever been found at Closet Child?

Just bought a (expensive) dream dress and a couple details in their photo look slightly off to me. I'm probably just being really paranoid.
>>
>>9262190
Different anon: I saw that Seasons is no longer making lolita shoes. Do you or does anyone know of any other bespoke shoe shop on Taobao besides Antaina?
>>
>>9262207
CC wouldn't accept a replica to begin with
>>
>>9262207
It's illegal to sell counterfeit products in Japan, so if CC had fake items they'd be in a huge amount of legal trouble. It's the real thing.
>>
>>9255595
I feel like you're talking about me. If so I'm sorry.
>>
Does anyone have recs for long sleeved, warm blouses? I'm building my wardrobe but damn am I a cold motherfucker.
>>
>>9262463
I wear cuddlduds (but any long sleeve termal top would work) under all my blouses in the winter, it's comfortable and keeps me toasty. And I don't have to wash my blouses as often because no skin contact.
>>
Has anyone used a forwarding service with Metamorphose before? I'm looking to buy a few items from Meta and I have items awaiting to be shipped out at Tenso.
>>
>>9262698

I did, yes. No issues, works fine.
>>
Is there anything inherently ita about bodyline? Last I knew, as long as you picked your pieces carefully and coordinated well, no one really cared.
But I am dealing with people currently who are insisting that bodyline is ita no matter what you do.
>>
>>9262220
>>9262226

Thanks anons. It's an irrational fear I have every time I drop a decent amount on a dress.
>>
>>9262911
Its not true, but Bodyline is generally worse quality than brand, so some of their details may not look as good. Check on bodylineneedsbetterpictures on tumblr for inspiration and proof that bodyline doesn't have to be ita.
>>
>>9262935
I would never argue that bodyline is brand quality. I'd just argue that it's not inherently ita and is at least wearable.
>>
>>9262911
Definitely not inherently ita. Some of their stuff is really decent. I personally love their shoes. Also I love Bodyline for outerwear - it doesn't get cold often enough for me to not feel stupid for spending an arm an a leg on something I'll barely ever get a chance to wear.

I've sold all my Bodyline main pieces in lieu of brand or taobao stuff, but I think Bodyline can look awesome.
>>
>>9262198
I see. Thank you!
>>
dunno if it has been asked yet but...
I've been in the fashion for some years now but I still don't know if brands like Infanta, Bodyline and some others would be considered brand or not.
I'm not super concerned by it, but it kinda bothers me because they seem to belong to some grey area of lolitaness.
Opinions?
>>
>>9263100
As far as I can tell, they're lolita, but they're not brand. Infanta is a Taobao brand and Bodyline is... Bodyline. They're still somehow in a league of their own. I don't think any new names have ever been added to the category of "brand".
>>
>>9263100
not brand--brand only really refers to notorious Japanese brands, which is what separates it from stuff like Infanta. And as for bodyline it's not really considered brand due to its quality

when you think of brand think of Angelic Pretty, Moitie, Metamorphose, BTSSB, Innocent World, and some others i'm probably forgetting
>>
I see, it was just a silly doubt I had. Thanks
>>
>>9263103
spot the newfag
>>
>>9263110
it's not not right
>>
>>9263119
>thinking the main difference between brand and taobao brand is fame
>only being able to name token classic and gothic brands

they're only partially not not right and their explanation is shit.
>>
>>9263127
>notorious Japanese brands
that excludes Chinese brands

>Angelic Pretty
>classic
>>
>>9263128
I mean only being able to name IW and Moitie as classic and gothic brands respectively. Also no mention of quality.
>>
>>9263132
>"not really considered brand due to quality"

are you okay
>>
>>9263127
wew, sorry I didn't write an entire paragraph to answer an easily googlable question. you want to give a better answer, you go on ahead.
>>
I'm buying my first petticoat and God help me, I have no idea how to get the right measurements. How much smaller should the petticoat be than the dress?
>>
Is it absolutely necessary to wear bloomers with lolita? If so, where is a good place to get good bloomers? Are bodyline's okay? What about taobao/aliexpress?
Sorry, I just want to make sure I do this right. Thanks!
>>
>>9263448
Most times, yes. You need a petticoat. There are some exceptions, but generally, theyre rare. (especially with how dresses/skirt are cut nowadays)
One thing that is always shit on bodyline is their pettis. Don't get one from there. As for tabao or Ali, that I don't know. Another gull might.
Personally, I get mine from etsy. (you may need to do a little digging to find a good one)
>>
>>9263490
What's your opinion on classical puppet's pettis?
>>
>>9263448
>>9263490

She said bloomers, not petticoat anon.

To answer the original question, I would say you should probably wear bloomers. They protect you from flashing people when hit by gusts of wind, going up stairs, bending over, etc. They also help keep your tights up, and keep you warm.

Bodyline bloomers are fine but the lace tends to be scratchy if you're wearing them on bare legs. Taobao is probably your best bet, most lolita shops on there make bloomers.

My bloomer collection is a micture of taobao, secondhand meta (meta loves to stick bloomers in lucky packs so you can find them dirt cheap secondhand sometimes), and some bloomer-like flannel hello kitty pajama shorts (these aren't as lolita, but are great for winter, you can find flannel pajama shorts in normie stores pretty easily too)
>>
>>9263529
I looked that up and all that came up was a light in the box result, which as far as I'm aware. Is on the same level as milanoo.
Petticoats tend to be something its a bit better to splurge on, because you want them to last.
Plus, you use them with every outfit.

>9263536
Oops. You're right, my bad. I don't know why I was thinking pettis.
>>
>>9263529
>>9263538

Anon... how new are you? Classical Puppets is a taobao brand that's been making arguably the most popular lolita-specific petticoats for years.

A petti from them should be fine, though I heard a few months ago they started having some quality control issues, factory defects and such.

Dear Celine on taobao also makes great pettis. I've never owned a petti from Melikestea or Bunny House but those are popular names that get thrown around too. Meta pettis are great if you can find one secondhand.
>>
>>9258811
If you don't need a bag to hold all your stuff, I don't think you need it strictly for coordinate purposes.
>>
>>9258833
Agreed. The structure and trims just look different from taobao, etc.
>>
>>9255747
for my more active con days I break out the bodyline and similar no-fuss stuff I know I can just toss in the washing machine no problem afterwards. On fancier tea-party days I'll avoid some of the more high-intensity parts of the con (concerts, cosplay shoots, dealers room, food areas). Tide pens and napkins/bottled water are a must for me at cons no matter what i'm wearing too
>>
>>9255897
rewearing is honestly nothing if your coords aren't absolutely identical each time
I'm sure you wear the same pants all the time in your daily life and nobody complains/notices, right? Same concept, even with frills
>>
>>9256675
I don't know what main piece you have, but why not get some cheap thrift shop cardis in the right sort of cuts/varying matching colours? They cost next to nothing but when paired with a couple matching hair accessories (which you could even make yourself with nothing but a buck worth of ribbon/fabric) can make it look like a whole new coord and you won't have to feel so self-conscious, at least until you can get some other pieces to switch it up more
>>
>>9257462
>jsks vs ops
honestly it's a personal preference thing. I prefer jsks because I find they're more versatile and fit me better (and prefer skirts even more for this reason), but I know plenty of people who love the ease and cohesion of a nice op, or the unique cuts you can sometimes only find in certain ops
>>
Where's a good place to buy shoes if you have large feet/are a brolita?

I know antaina does custom orders but anywhere else?
>>
File: exclamation mark.png (9KB, 71x25px) Image search: [Google]
exclamation mark.png
9KB, 71x25px
Doing some shopping on YJA and noticed this symbol pops up occasionally. I know it means something like 'attention' but what does that mean with regards to the auction itself?
>>
>>9263448
It's absolutely necessary. It's part of the fashion and it's just more conformable.
>>
>>9263239
My petti's are around 3cm shorter than my skirts. You should get one from a lolita brand so they're already the right shape and length.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.