[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makeup general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 31

Old one vanished, none in catalog so new makeup thread
I really hate most of the things considered glamorous right now (contour/highlight, winged eyeliner, highly arched gradient brows, overdrawn matte lips, etc), can anyone recommend some makeup channels or tutorials that aren't like that? The only two I'm subscribed to right now that fit that criteria is Kawaii Pateen and Tati.
>>
>>9255315
bump
I love Tati so much, but unfortunately I love a full on glam look, but not for cosplay/jfash. I don't sub to many on youtube, but I'm sure you can find some! Please share when you do :)

How does everyone feel about the Venus palette?
>>
>>9255315
Pony Makeup and Stephanie Nicole are two that I'm subscribed to. Stephanie Nicole isn't much of makeup tutorials, but more makeup reviews. She's the only youtuber I trust 100% on unbiased reviews, especially since she isn't sponsored by any of the products she reviews.
>>
>>9255780
I think that's just her personality; her humor is pretty dry and I don't really think she tries to act nice like most others do. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's a breath of fresh air, since I get tired of watching youtubers put on this huge quirky/cute/etc. persona. I also like thataylaa for foundation reviews, if that helps show the kinds of personalities I enjoy watching.
>>
File: question[1].png (260KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
question[1].png
260KB, 1024x1024px
For those of you who wear makeup daily, how much a month do you spend on makeup?
>>
>>9255809
I agree, I think she sounds pretty neutral but just looks mad.

>>9255808
I feel like purchasing makeup monthly is not necessarily what someone who wears makeup every day does. I don't wear makeup every day, but i probably spend more than the average everyday makeup user since I love using and owning new products and doing different looks.
>>
>>9255809
she has gotten botox, i believe. nothing against her for that (she's one of my favorite youtubers), but i think it limits facial expression a bit. that combined with her dry humor and matter-of-fact way of speaking can lend to her sounding pissed, but once you get used to it she's really great
>>
>>9256098
anyway, since my post wasnt super relevant to op's question, i also recommend emily noel for product reviews and such. princessmei and peachmilky are some of my other favorites (peachmilky can be a little too over the top at times, but i like her makeup and i found a lot of good products through her)
>>
File: s1859859-main-Lhero.jpg (47KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
s1859859-main-Lhero.jpg
47KB, 450x450px
Just ordered Too Faced's Grand Hotel Cafe set because UNF those pallets. I have an addiction and it is a problem. A problem I refuse to fix. Also ordered their Unicorn Tears lipstick and Im excited to swatch it!

In more /cgl/ related stuff, I'm actually moving to Japan soon and wanted to know if any one has any good Japanese brands they recommend? I know I'm bringing a bulk of my collection over with me, but I also know makeup expires so eventually I'm going to have to go for brands that are easier to get there for things like my lipsticks and eyeliner.

Already know that I'm going to have to import foundation though...
>>
>>9256101
I honestly really dislike princessmei. Her makeup application is pretty bad, and all her tutorials are the same but in different colors. She has some skill in doing hair but that's about it... Her personality is also really grating; she's so whiney and you can tell she pushes products because she gets paid for it.
>>
>>9255315
Does anyone know what brand is the palette in the middle with all the bright pastel colors that is in a square box? It looks really pretty and I never seen it around before.
>>
>>9255812
>>9255813
as someone who wears makeup and false lashes daily I buy three sets of lashes a month, and usually 1-2 other makeup items per month- since there's always something that needs to be replaced, usually the eyeliner and highlighter. I'd be surprised if others wore makeup daily and didn't buy at least one product a month. so that question is for those users, who actually wear makeup daily or near daily. Of course i expect each answer to be different.
>>
>>9255315
OP you might wanna start looking into some KR makeup artists who're moving into the western audience/market with eng subs. Sunnychannel and SSIN are pretty good imo! Makeup-tainment along their genuine humor is what I live for atm.
>>
File: gallery-prettypoison_medium.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-prettypoison_medium.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>9255315
ahitsrosa and kiera rose are pretty good

i just ordered a couple of sugarpill's pretty poison lipsticks
>>
>>9256103
you won't have to import paul and joe has quite a few shades idk tho dont remember but I found my color and I'm like NC25-30

jill stuart has super pretty lipsticks (or at least it did back when I went in spring)

laduree-the powder foundation in the pink compact is my fav!!

anna sui has super pigmented blush

I don't know much about drug store bc I prefer korean roadside but I love kate!! and candy doll!! and majolica majorca but I'm sure all of wjat I mentioned are names you already know

as for skincare again I only know super hyped stuff so all I bought was the sk II pietra essence and the aura serum but I love them both and can't survive without them
>>
>>9255315

Someone mentioned Pony already, but check out Jungsaemmool. I don't think her videos are quite as great lately as they used to be (look at some of her older stuff), but she helped my makeup game so much. The actress interview makeup tutorial is my favourite.

>>9256103

I like Kiss Me Heroine Make's eye makeup a lot.
>>
Anyone have any tricks or holy grail products when it comes to waterproofing makeup? I love my eyeliner and mascara like they are my children, and I'm trying to see if I can get them to not run down my face this summer when I go to the beach/pool. (Could also be useful for anyone wanting to do water-related cosplay photoshoots and mermaiding, so not totally off topic?)
>>
>>9255758
>still supporting lime crime
Have you been living under a rock, anon?
>>
>>9256176
Ask slave2beauty on tumblr, this is her photo
>>
>>9256372
Theatrics grade setting/sealant spray, both underneath and on top of your make up. You can also dampen your brushes/sponges with it for blending everything out.
>>
I shaved my eyebrows off for halloween and they're still not fully grown back and have actually grown back super weird and uneven so I want to fill them in. What's the best way to keep it from smudging throughout the day?
>>
>>9256764
anon.. they might never grow back the way they once were. you take a huge gamble when you shave off your brows that certain areas just wont grow back. nevertheless, wunderbrow is what i use because im too lazy to do my brows each day. you fill them in once and it lasts for a few days before it starts to wear away, then after that you just do touchups
>>
File: nose.jpg (68KB, 414x557px) Image search: [Google]
nose.jpg
68KB, 414x557px
How can I use makeup to make my nose look smaller, or at least detract attention from it? It looks okay from a front view but my nose in profile is so ugly I want to chop it off. Pic related, google image result for "girl with big nose," but we could honestly be twins.
>>
Can anyone recommend something for contouring very pale skin? Everything in stores is too warm toned or dark, even eyeshadows.
>>
>>9256898
NYX HD Blush in Taupe
NARS Olympia
Nortoriously Morbid Necromancy
Kevyn Aucoin The Contour Book The Art of Sculpting + Defining
>>
>>9256898
>>9256948
Also, it's better to say what shade you are in MAC if you want better help; just saying you're pale means hardly anything.
>>
>>9256898
Try your foundation but one or two shades darker. .
>>
>>9255315
What brand makes the best warm toned foundations for olive/tan skin? I've never owned a foundation before so don't mind in investing in my first, the hourglass stick looks promising so far.
>>
>>9256954
Don't do this, it will look weird af
>>
>>9257005
That's because your face is weird af
>>
>>9256954
>>9257005
>>9257023
I agree that it looks weird. I think powder is a lot better and easier for contouring, especially for pale complexions.
>>
>>9257023
Do you even have pale skin? Going a couple shades down for foundation will just make you look gross and orange, but maybe that's your preferred look.
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>9257035
>gross
>orange
tfw you get your makeup advice from Donald Trump
>>
>>9256373
?
>>
I'm planning on cosplaying a character with darker skin. I can tan and get that colour, but on the down side, I'll only return to my current pale state after 1-2 years of staying out of the sun. Alternatively, I can use darker foundation, but on the down side, I might get crucified for blackfacing or something. What do.
>>
>>9257035
Only if you don't take your undertone into consideration. Most brands obnoxiously shove all the cool/neutral/warm tones into the same linear scale, so it can work, but only if you find the shades with similar undertones.
>>
>>9257140
Get a self-tanner and apply it a few days before the con. Jergen's foam tanner is my favorite, applied with a microfiber mitt to avoid streaks. It will generally fade out within two weeks, though it will vanish quicker if you exfoliate.

You can use a medium coverage foundation one shade darker than usual (your summer shade), but I'd advise against anything darker or fuller-coverage. You'll get chewed out for being racially awkward, but you'll also probably look like complete shit.

In general, trying to match the skin tone of the character shouldn't be your ultimate goal, but just looking less awkward as a pasty fucker.
>>
>>9257146
It doesn't look right, even with the right undertones. There's always too much red in the foundation for it to look like actual shadows for pale skin tones, which is why people usually try to get taupe/grey toned browns for powder contouring.
>>
>>9256372
Former synchronized swimmer here (wandered over from the mer-board): shell out for waterproof mascara. It's really the only thing that will keep mascara from melting all over the place. Drugstore brands work fine. Also what >>9256384 said for foundation, etc. 24 hour lipsticks (the kind with a color product and a separate setting product) usually stick on pretty well, too.
>>
>>9256848
...seconding please help
>>
File: Nose-Contour[1].jpg (512KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Nose-Contour[1].jpg
512KB, 2400x2400px
>>9256848
>>9257355
nose contouring of course, but that wont help you from the side. only thing that will help your nose look less noticible from the side is wearing attention grabbing eye or lip makeup
>>
>>9255808
I only buy makeup when I've run out of something, like BB cream or eyeshadow primer. I honestly have enough lipsticks and eyeshadows to last me awhile, but I'll probably end up buying something during Black Friday anyways. Curse this conspicuous consumption centric culture.
>>
>>9256949
Thanks, I'm lighter than MAC shades though
>>
>>9255315
Honest reviews :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcjxyzWCYXGstZeUfHfM6Hg
and i like this 2 girls : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-NTcHZrM4MiS25Xt87EkDA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Cc-m348L1pyb1rlsCKf8Q
>>
>>9256848
She's cute. What's your problem?
>>
Can anyone recommend any good colourful eyeshadow palettes available in the UK? I currently own UD's Vice 3 and use that constantly, so something kinda like that. Thinking of ordering a Morphe palette if I can't find anything based in the UK
>>
>>9257052
Is it just me, or does Trump always has some white eye shadow around his eyes? It's a common trick against dark circles, but not sure if it's make-up or just his real skin tone.
>>
>>9257829
that comes from tanning with those little goggle things on
>>
>>9257738
Anon, do you know any uk sellers of Morphe palettes? Cultbeauty and beautybay are out of stock/don't have the 350
>>
>>9256848
I do subtle nose shadow and always wear either really bold eye makeup or lipstick. Detracts the attention.
>>
>>9257131
http://www.racked.com/2015/9/28/9392021/lime-crime-doe-deere-hated-xenia-vorotova
>>
>>9257734
I don't have a problem with her, i just want a small nose so i can be kawaii ;_;
>>
>>9256848
>>9257355
This is going to sound like the dumbest thing on Earth but I'm pretty confident that it works. I gently pinch and press the soft part of the tip of my nose up and in. For a few months I've been doing it whenever I'm alone and lounging around on the computer, and I do believe it has somewhat changed the shape of my nose.
>>
>>9258106
... Seriously?
Take progress pics or any before and after photos please. Has anyone in your family (or close friends) noticed and commented about it (if not could you ask them)?
That is quite amazing if you're not trolling us anon.
>>
>>9258253
Not them, but my mother used to do it to me. In my anecdotal experience, it seems to be a sort of tradition among Asian parents. There are a good number of people claiming that it works. You can look it up, but I don't think there's any scientific research currently backing it.
>>
>>9258106
if that works I'm glad for you anon but I doubt it's going to work on the bridge.
>>
File: goth-make-up.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
goth-make-up.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
I hate to bother everyone by being so ignorant, but I am very new to makeup, and I would really appreciate some help with this;
I need a very, very dark black eye shadow that's at least somewhat waterproof, because I have a spastic tear duct in my left eye that waters constantly.
I also need a very dark black lipstick/lip color that isn't shiny.
Also, should I get a makeup setting spray/powder?
Thank you very much to anyone who helps me, again I'm very sorry for being so inept.
>>
>>9261018
>Also, should I get a makeup setting spray/powder?
Yes. It will help since you seem to be a...watery? person.
>>
>>9256209
Im pretty sure its a discontinued palette from Sigma called Creme de Couture. You might be able to find it on ebay but I am not sure for how much more than the original price, it's about 2 years old now
>>
>>9256898
Illamasqua blush in Disobey, NYX blush in Taupe, Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting powder, or the Makeup Geek contour powders for Porcelain skin
>>
>>9256967
I find NARS to be very good for those type of undertones
>>
>>9261018
Jeffree Star Weirdo matte velour liquid lipstick would be great, if you don't like him then Kat Von D Witches is ok, but not as pigmented as the Jeffree Star color. For a very black matte eyeshadow I would recommend Urban Decay Blackout or Makeup Geek Corrupt. Putting down a cream base like NYX Black Bean jumbo pencil or a gel liner like MAC Blacktrack and then putting the black eyeshadow on top should help with longer wear time. Makeup Forever Mist and Fix is a good setting spray.
>>
Anyone have experience with Omaina cosmetics or other titanium-dioxide free makeup? I have yet to meet with a derm, but I've developed a terrible reaction to my makeup that it gives me headaches
>>
>>9261296
Is Witches eye safe? I know Weirdo is but I'm not a huge fan of Jeffree
>>
>>9261513
>liquid lipstick
>eye safe
????????????
>>
File: 20161120_095631.png (262KB, 1036x980px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_095631.png
262KB, 1036x980px
>>9261522
>>
>>9261531
uh
okay then, I guess
>>
>>9261072
>>9261296
Thank you both so much!!
>>
>>9261503
How do you know it's the titanium dioxide then? Wouldn't it be better to wait and consult the derm?
>>
Recommendations for monthly make up box subscriptions?
>>
>>9261539
most of his products are eye safe, he says it all the time and specifies which ones aren't ok for the eyes which are very few
>>
What is the best liquid lipstick that is drying matte or at least creamy matte? Preferably purchasable within europe.
I watched and read through so many articles and videos but they either recommend brands I can't get easily or drop about five brands they love (and it's of course different for everyone). Why can nobody give an objective as possible opinion about what they have?
>>
>>9262588
Youtuber Stephanie Nicole have a series where she methodically grade liquid lipsticks so check that one out.
>>
Is it just me or do western women do their makeup like drag queens? It's very strange
>>
>>9262815
it's you
>>
>>9262831

Please don't be deliberately dense. This has been the trend in makeup for at least a year.
>>
>>9262831
But anon, the ridiculous bright white highlighter, cut-crease eyeshadow, gradient eyebrows, overdrawn lips...they make themselves look like drag queens or someone acting in a pantomime

I think in 20 years time everyone will look back at this makeup and laugh.

These girls are naturally feminine, why are they trying to make themselves look like female impersonators.
>>
>>9262815
It's not just you. It's the yasss bitch instagram/youtuber aesthetic. It's aging/unflattering on a lot of people. It's like a mask with the unnecessary use of full coverage foundation that is caked on. And don't get me started on the squared, thick brows.

>>9262831
Somebody is offended
>>
>>9262845

> the unnecessary use of full coverage foundation that is caked on

Yes! Some of these girls have really beautiful skin, and they hide it under a kilo of makeup

They all talk like camp drag queens too with the yasss bitch/slay/lit/snatched crap.
>>
>>9262815
No it's true. I'm sad makeup has evolved to such a bizarre place, it's a caricature of womanhood at this point
>>
>>9263077
It hasn't evolved anywhere. It's just a trend. It'll be back to more natural looks in a few years.
>>
>>9262526
i use ipsy. the first month was pretty shoddy, but i reviewed all the items honestly and then went back and changed my preferences so i only get makeup and one or two skincare/haircare things, and now its really nice
>>
>>9261018
I'd recommend Benefit's Bad Gal Waterproof mascara and Tarte Smooth Operator setting powder. Nyx also makes a good waterproof eye primer.
>>
>>9263092
but anon, all is lost!!! if only western girls understood makeup like my asian waifus uwu
>>
>>9255315
Thrift thick! I love her. She has a million reviews of foundations, etc and has oily skin like I do.
>>
File: Peepers.jpg (166KB, 902x347px) Image search: [Google]
Peepers.jpg
166KB, 902x347px
Gulls, I'd like some help. Can I get some input on my eye shape, eyelid type, dark circles, and how to fill in my brows?

Pic related is me with a light layer of eyeshadow, thin black eyeliner, one application of Perversion mascara, and nothing on my brows nor under my eyes.

I'd like to think I know a thing or two about makeup but whenever I see pictures of myself I feel like I look like a dingus. I always thought I had round eyes with normal eyelids but looking at pic related it looks like I have almond eyes and hooded lids. As for dark circles, often times I can't tell the difference between genuine dark circles from lack of sleep or just leftover makeup. The wrinkles could be because I'm smiling but I feel they're caused by the undereye circles. Lastly, for my eyebrows I feel a bit clownish if they're noticeably darker because I've always had light eyebrows. I can see them irl but in pictures they rarely show up.
>>
>>9258106
>>9258273
I'm going to guess it's due to the nose tip being made of cartilage. It won't hold a new shape permanently but if you're constantly pinching/pushing it I'd say it's possible manipulate it into a shape you want.

>>9258322
I'm going to second that doubt since the nose bridge is a bit less cartilaginous. I've seen some products that go into both nostrils and supposedly straighten out the bridge but it's not permanent.
>>
>>9263550
Yeah your eyes are hooded. Eyelid tape kind of works for hooded eyes, but imo makes your eyelid look lumpy and/or crepey. I think it's a better idea to just tightline your lashes and wear mascara than to wear any eyeliner above the lash line for hooded eyes.

For your circles, you should be trying to color correct with a peachy concealer and do your eye makeup before your face make up so that fall out from your eyes doesn't make a dark smudge underneath them.

For eyebrows, you should definitely invest in a good brow product. If you're concerned about it looking too dark, look for products that have a blonde option. I have the Anastasia pomade in Blonde and it looks very natural with my light brown and blonde hair.
>>
>>9263561
Are hooded eyes something you can develop over time? I don't think I always had hooded eyes but then again I'm guilty of only seeing what I want to see. I've seen eyelid tape but T.B.H. I'm too lazy for that and my makeup is never extravagant so I don't think I'll invest in it. I always think thin eyeliner on my eyelids looks nice in the mirror but I'm never happy when I see it in pictures. Any tips on how to prevent the tight line from transferring to my water line? That's always been a problem which is why I don't do it.

I do my eye makeup before my face and currently use Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller in Light/Medium. I don't really like it since it sinks into my undereye wrinkles throughout the day. I also have bareMinerals Bareskin Concealer in Light but that doesn't do much either. How can I tell if a concealer is peachy as opposed to just light like foundation?

For brows I alternate between the light brown color in Pixi's Mini Brow Trio in Shades of Brow and it Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Taupe. I always get too nervous about building up color so I feel I'm putting in the time to color them in for no effect. I've received samples of Anastasia Brow Pomade but they're always in the dark brown shade so I never get to try them out.
>>
>>9263586
Yes hooded eyelids can develop over time as your skin gets older. They can also develop asymmetrically if you sleep on your side, so be warned.

I tightline with a waterproof pencil liner and it doesn't transfer unless I go swimming or something.

As for concealer, I go to stores where there are samples and swatch them on the back of my hand and if some turn a bit pink or light orange after a while, then they're good for cancelling out purple. I've heard good things about Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer online if you want to stay in the drug store price range. I personally use Smashbox's concealer because I got a sample and really liked it.

I googled the brow trio and it seems pretty good. Sometimes using power only is too subtle and it can wear off easily which may be why your brows aren't showing up on camera as well. I'd look for a gel or cream product in a lighter shade and experiment with the Pixi powders for setting.
>>
>>9263598
Ah man. I sleep on my left side most often, though I do like to lay on my stomach more often now.

I'll look for some waterproof eyeliner and sample some concealers next time I'm out. I've never seen eyebrow gel/cream samples though. Would Sephora or Ulta keep some in stock?
>>
>>9263721
It might vary by store. You should be able to ask an employee. Don't let them force you into getting a color you don't like just because it's what's trendy on insta though.
>>
>>9263725
Neat! With Black Friday coming up soon I'll be out and about anyway so I'll try my luck at both places. Thanks for all your help!
>>
>>9257980
I miss the days when she use to make alternative refurbished fashion and crazy fun makeup tutorials.

What happened?
>>
>>9262733
Thank you Anon! God knows why she didn't show up for me so far
>>
>>9261531
Would this also work for Kylie's liquid lipsticks or nah?
>>
>>9262815

Chiming in to agree with you. I mean, whatever makes you happy, but I really don't like the overdone instragram trend either. It's why I generally stick to the Asian tutorials, they tend to be more about a more natural look.
>>
>>9262588
For in Europe, probably LaSplash LipCouture in Venom.
>>
best black friday make up sales?
>>
File: LMIP.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
LMIP.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Does anyone have the Laura Mercier illuminators? Do you like them? Are they long wearing as promised?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161124-172530.png (709KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161124-172530.png
709KB, 1440x2560px
>>9264777
Just got this from Too Faced. If I remember correctly, the Chocolate Chip is a smaller pallete featuring some of their Chocolate colors. Not sure of price though so I guess it's not really a Black Friday sale but still something new released.
>>
If anyone is thinking about buying directly from Too Faced, here's a 20% off your total purchase code I'm definitely not going to use.

142XlGvM6464m

Hope it helps someone!
>>
>>9266468
they're also doing all 3 chocolate bars for just under a hunge
>>
>>9266550
I saw that! Pretty good deal. I already have the Semi Sweet pallete and barely use that as is.

I found a lot of deals on this site that may be of interest to some:
http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2016/11/black-friday-cyber-monday-beauty-sale.html?m=1
>>
>>9266550

It's tempting, but I wouldn't know how to justify/use all the shades of brown. Also I have three large palettes already which is probably quite a bit for someone who probably uses makeup once a week. Sad because I am absolutely in love with both of my palettes from too faced. And I love palettes.
>>
Has anyone had good luck with drugstore primers? I'm using Maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation. would another Maybelline product play well with it? Any favorites?
>>
>>9266592
I bought a tube of merderma anti-chaffing gel once because it has the same ingredients as makeup primer.
>>
>>9266468
Jeeze, I am so bored with toofaced and their 50000000 shades of brown + one shitty purple palettes lol
>>
>>9266610
I feel this... Although I did really enjoy the Sweet Peach palette! The warm colors are cute and flattering and it also smells really good.
>>
ABH not putting modern renaissance and colour pop not putting their shadows in the black Friday sale offends me.
>>
>>9266621
Neutral is good, but I wish Too Faced would make a more vibrant set of eyeshadows. I really like their product and packaging but their actual palette colors have kind of been playing it safe for a while. If I already have Semi-Sweet, I don't really need to get Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Bar or PB&J.

Plus, think what scent Too Faced might pair with a neon palette!
>>
>>9264777
Ulta seems to have a bunch of awesome stuff on sale.
>>
>>9264777
Oh BH Cosmetics also has some good sales going.
>>
>>9266632
I wasn't trying to be thick, I just didn't know they made one. Thanks for telling me, maybe I'll buy it. Do you know what it's called? You don't have to be so abrasive, I was just saying what I thought.
>>
>>9266636
Here are two pallets I found with some non-nude colors:

https://www.hsn.com/products/too-faced-totally-cute-eye-palette-with-stickers/8139431

https://www.hsn.com/products/too-faced-cat-eyes-eye-shadow-and-liner-collection/7532173
>>
>>9266641
>Some

That was kind of the point.
>>
>>9266643
Were you looking for an entire pallets of non-nude colors? I don't think Too Faced has any because there's usually a color or two meant to be used as a base/highlighter.

BH Cosmetics has a lot of pallets with non-nude colors and many are on sale right now if you want to check those out.
>>
>>9255315
I'm kinda liking the highlighter thing and ultra matte lips. But the extreme contour, baking, tranny brows, everything else can go fuck off. Hell I don't use blush and I get shit for it.
>>
>>9266621
bored=/=triggered
Maybe you like having the same eyeshadow palettes regurgitated in different packaging, but just look at all the Too Faced releases within the past year. A good 75% of them are basically the same colors. Even their "peach" palette barely had any peaches in it lol, and the quality was horrendous. Too Faced shits out a new palette every month and it's the same thing over an over again; they're just riding on their gimmicky packaging at this point. The "pops of color" (usually purple) that they include in every single neutral palette are almost always patchy and unpigmented, and the formulas of their shadows pale in comparison to all the others on the market (abh, mug, etc.)
>>
This is embarrassing but

I have Anastasia's MBH Renaissance palette, and the colors are really strong. I don't know what to use for the lid color. So far I've used antique bronze which seems too strong, and then I've used buon fresco which seems better but still very strong. Is there a right or wrong way to do this? Am I dumb for thinking these colors are too strong for main colors in the eye?

Anon has never had good quality pigmented eyeshadow before. Help.
>>
>>9255773
I trust Stephanie for the most part, but ever since she started all this essential oils for your face, I feel like she's being dishonest and ignoring all research that goes against her opinion. But I still love her liquid lipstick series
>>
>>9256373
For whatever reason, its easier to support LC over Jeffree Star. Doe Deere hasnt had any huge personal drama recently, and she should hire a team to be in charge of her customer service.
>>
>>9266707
please just look up makeup tutorials on youtube, you honestly sound like you don't know what to do with makeup at all / have never used anything but pigmented neutrals. We don't know what look you're going for, how can we even help?
>>
>>9266717
Is it just me, or are essential oils actually really bad for your skin? That's what I thought I heard. I just use drugstore lotion after washing and I haven't had a bad breakout in a while.
>>
>>9266653
Thank you friend!
>>
File: IMG_1160.jpg (44KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1160.jpg
44KB, 355x355px
Are those $20 beauty blenders worth it? Right now I finish off my foundation/concealer application with drugstore cosmetic sponges
>>
>>9255808
...nothing? It lasts way longer than a month
>>
>>9266950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az6rAgD20dU
>>
>>9266917
Certainly! Best of luck shopping and I hope you score some good deals.
>>
>>9266950
Nope! They're pretty good, but they're way too overpriced. I recommend the real techniques sponge tho. it's about half the price and just as soft.
>>
>>9266950
Yes. I really like mine. And I have tried dupes but the real deal is amazing (it's also non-latex, so oils won't damage it)
>>
>>9266950
buy it on hsn with visa pay and you can get 2 for $20
>>
>>9266958
how little makeup do you use where you don't have to replace at least one product a month?
>>
>>9267331
More like how much makeup do you use? Also, I guess the OP didn't consider that not everyone buys sample sizes.
>>
Ofra has 50% off everything in the store. I hear their liquid lipsticks are really good so I ordered a few, plus a selling spray and regular lipstick
>>
Ulta had (and still has I think) urban decay primer potion on sale for $8. I bought 3.

On another note, where do you gulls go to buy brushes? And what brushes do you use on a daily basis? I've been using the same brushes since I was 14 and I really need a new set.
>>
>>9267773
I use an Ulta brush set because I got it as a gift, but honestly if you're going low-budget Elf's brushes are really good!
>>
>>9267773

If you're going budget, eco tools is also pretty good. Unfortunately it looks like that ulta deal is already gone....
>>
>>9267331
>tfw i wear makeup maybe once every 2 weeks
It's just not practical with my lifestyle
>>
>>9267773
If you go for ELF's studio line (the black ones), they're some of the best budget brushes you can get. The $1 basic white ones are hit and miss, but also so cheap so a few duds doesn't hurt the wallet too bad. Otherwise, I keep an eye out for when Target puts Sonia Kashuk sets on clearance or when Sephora does the same for their house brand sets (about once a season). Snagged a Sephora Collection 5 piece eye brush set for like $11 bucks.
>>
>>9267331
I wear a full face of makeup every day and I only buy new foundation, mascara, and eyeliner every 3 months or so. The only items I buy more often are things like face masks or cute lipsticks as a treat, but I rarely do that anyway. A little goes a long way.
>>
File: IMG_20161126_122836.jpg (16KB, 546x130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161126_122836.jpg
16KB, 546x130px
What shape are my eyes? Does anyone know of a tutorial on eyeshadow that compliments your eye shape?
>>
>>9267862

Damn your eyes are pretty. Sorry I can't contribute but I love the color!
>>
>>9267891
Haha, thank you! The natural lighting outside was particularly good today.
>>
>>9267337
>Eyelashes
>gel eyeliner
>eye primer
>BB cream
>coverup stick
>contour stick
>highlighting powder
>aegyo sal stick
>lipstain
>lipstick
>contacts

that's just the makeup I use daily, not counting the skincare.
I usually end up getting several eyelashes + one other product a month.

looks cute. sometimes I get lazy and only use BB cream, coverup, and gel eyeliner though.

I'm suprised i'm the odd one out with buying things every month on a jfashion board
>>
>>9268295
I wear all of that minus the eyelashes (i wear glasses) every day and i rarely have to replace my makeup. I spend the money for high quality products and they last me forever.
Even the sample sizes last me a while. I bought a sample of the Smashbox photofinish primer almost a year ago and I don't think i'm even half way through it!
>>
File: IMG_1496.jpg (709KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1496.jpg
709KB, 930x930px
Did anyone get any of the JSC holiday shades? I snagged Sagittarius, Crocodile Tears, Designer Blood and added Dominatrix too.
>>
>>9267811
same... I'm not sure what people do that requires them to constantly be buying makeup. unless they glob on product or use tons of things that run out at different times. this is what my buy schedule looks like:

>mascara: once every 3 months (don't actually run out unless I'm using a deluxe sample; just buy a new one to be hygienic)
>lipgloss/stick: I've been using the same stockpile deluxe samples for over a year
>blush: 6 months
>highlighter: 6 months
>eyeliner: 6 months (use rarely)
>eyebrow mascara: 4-6 months
>concealers: 4-6 months
>foundation: 2-3 months

all of the above (except eyeliner) are used daily, and I'm hardly delicate with things like blush...
>>
>>9268399
have you bought from him before? I love deceased but I'm worried about them being too drying for regular wear.
I bought a Kylie kit and I can't even wear it the lipstick is way too drying.
>>
>>9268453
As long as I use lip balm beforehand, they're pretty good, I have normal shades and crazy ones and neither have dried my lips out.
>>
>>9268475
Do you have a favorite lip balm that you use? I used up my Babylips and I liked it, but I want to try something else.
>>
>>9268487
I've been using EOS for a couple of years now, the one I have now is the strawberry flavor with the pink and white stripes on the packaging.
>>
>>9267862
Are those hooded eyes? What do hooded eyes look like?
>>
File: Chips.png (1MB, 1439x1410px) Image search: [Google]
Chips.png
1MB, 1439x1410px
For Cyber Monday, Sephora is supposed to be releasing the Too Faced White Chocolate Chip pallete (the Chocolate Chip pallete was released by Too Faced on Black Friday as noted by >>9266468). Pic related is a comparison of the two pallets. I'm really excited for the White Chocolate Chip since I love rosy golds and shimmers. I don't think any prices have been released but Too Faced sold the Chocolate Chip for $26 so I bet that's how much Sephora will charge too.
>>
Too Faced will be releasing a mystery bag for $39.00 at 3 AM ET. It's excluded from discounts and you have to reach $50 to get free shipping. I found "ipsterlove2016" takes 20% off your purchase so I added something to my cart for $15.00 that'll get me over the $50.00 minimum and saved some money on it.
>>
>>9264380
If it's not labeled as eye safe, I wouldn't put it so close to your eyes, especially as eyeliner
>>
>>9262556
Yes if I remember correctly, all the Skin Frosts except for the new pink one (Regina George) are eye safe, not sure about the liquid lipsticks though, the only one I know for sure is safe is Weirdo
>>
>>9262815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvhWQVbR-g yep
>>
>>9269261
Half of the shades from the white chocolate are from the holiday sets, so I really hope they reformulated them otherwise the palette will be shit.
>>
>>9266975
whats up with his eyebrows in this video its throwing me off they're so dark?
>>
>>9269587
and i didn't watch all the way to the end before commenting.
>>
>>9262815
It looks ridiculous. I'm all for contour and highlight. Especially in settings where you will be photographed (conventions, big lolita meets, etc). Lighting in some places sucks ass, so it can help make yourself look more presentable in photos or more believeable if you're say, crossplaying. It's just when people wear that photography level makeup out in everyday situations.

I work in retail. I constantly see people with heavy-handed caked on makeup, panda eyes with horrible winged liner that looks like it was drawn on by a giant kid's crayon, or face covered in bronzer and shimmer highlight but have huge pores so it only makes you look like the moon, or overdrawn thick dark stencil brows and I'm just like "honey, noooo." Some people look amazingly nice though but most people miss the mark horribly. I find myself cringing more than really admiring people's makeup.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>9262815
It's the current trend.
I miss the mid 2000s Paris Hilton aesthetic with lip gloss and normal brows.
>>
>>9266906
They're not bad for your skin if used properly. 99% of essential oils are dangerous to use undiluted, you're meant to put like 10 drops of tto in a big bottle of shampoo, not slather it on your face of all places undiluted.
Essential oils smell nice, and a few of them can maybe provide some benefits, maybe. They're not a skincare product or a toy for idle mummies to use on their poor children or try to peddle to their suburban American friends.
>>
I like to wear false lashes daily, but almost every day after about half an hour to 2 hours the inner corners of the lashes let go. I do bring glue with me to fix it but it's very annoying! I use the glue from Eyelure.
Does anyone have any tips? Or maybe this glue just sucks? I'm just wondering because it's always just the inner corner.
>>
>>9270147
i have that same problem anon, its so irritating. i use kiss extra strength glue (the one with aloe in it) and it delays the problem, but it still happens. id love if anyone had a fix for this
>>
>>9270234
I use Duo and that never happens if it's just properly attached.
>>
>>9270147
For years I'd also been using Eyelure's lashes along with the glue that comes with them. On a night out I generally have to reapply my lashes up to three fucking times due to similar reasons, which as you can imagine only gets worse with the more you drink. However ever since I switched over to Duo on a whim I haven't had this problem. Being perfectly honest you're better off tossing the Eyelure glue and checking out Duo's lash glue instead.
>>
>>9267773
Etude House brushes are really good for the price, they're pretty cute as well.
I own a bunch of eyeshadow brushes, one lip brush and a blush brush. The blush brush is good but not amazing, all the other ones I'm really happy with.
>>
>>9269980
Give it a few years, it'll come back. I hope.
>>
>>9262526
sephora play by far. ive had ipsy for almost a year and wnile its been getting better, two months of sephora play beats it 100 times over. ipsy i usually have give away items but ive enjoyed everything in sephora so far.

ipsy does have nail polish and brushes though which may be nice.
>>
>>9270556
>>9270283
Thanks! Definitely buying Duo!
>>
>>9269980
Those brows aren't natural, there's definitely shaping
>>
>>9272410
pretty sure anon you replied to is referring to the fact that brows in pic related aren't shaved off and then drawn back on
>>
>>9266722
I don't know, are her ingredients still sketchy? I remember her changing them at random without seemingly changing the formula. That's one of the main reasons I won't buy her stuff.
>>
File: EM02024700-1.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EM02024700-1.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
Yeaaah I'm getting this whether it's good or not.
>>
>>9274186
Googling "inked cushion liner" and reverse image search isn't bringing up anything relevant, sauce?
>>
Do you guys have any BB creme recs? I've been looking to try Missha but trying to find the best place to find online.
>>
>>9274234
http://www.etonymoly.com/html/ItemDetail.asp?guid=4774&cate=159

New Tonymoly product. Should start popping up online this week.
>>
>>9274729
Depends what your skin tone is like. I am about an NC25-30 and find the majority of Korean BB creams too pink/grey with the exception of some of the Etude House shades; my current preference is Sana Pore Putty which is a Japanese BB
>>
Any suggestions for a nice, dark purple lipstick that's on the blue side? I just bought one the other day at Sephora and it seemed really nice and true purple at the store, but when i actually put it on my face it looks much more of a berry color. It's not bad, but I wanted dark purple.
>>
File: internalscreaming.png (389KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
internalscreaming.png
389KB, 640x474px
Maybe this is a really odd question, but I hope to get some answers.
I recently started to practice doing more eye makeup. I'm getting better, BUT... I have both hooded eyelids and eyes that are naturally really open. So you can't really see the eyeshadow, no matter how well-made it is. They disappear into the crease unless I squint my eyes all day.
Is there anything you can do about this?
>>
>>9275872
Do you use eyeshadow primer? That should help keep the eyeshadow on your lids and somewhat intensify the colors so you can see them better.
>>
>>9275876
I don't mean it literally disappears, I mean they get covered by the crease so you can't see I even got makeup on
>>
>>9275304
have you tried looking at the urban decay vice lipsticks line? there are so many shades and they're beautiful. i'd be shocked if they didn't have a blue toned purple.
>>
>>9275872
I'm in the same boat as you. At the moment I resort to using a bit eyeshadow on my outer eye corners and blend it out to have at least a bit of color around my eyes.
>>
>>9275877
With hooded eyes the trick is to use the makeup to create a new crease above your natural one. That way it's actually visible and gives your eyes depth.
>>
>>9275898
Any tutorials on how to do that? I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to makeup
>>
>>9275877
Oh! My apologies. What >>9275898 is good and maybe try investing in some eyelid tape. I've seen it used in tutorials with monolid eyelids but I'm sure it'll work for hooded eyes too. I don't have any recommendations unfortunately as I just realized I have hooded lids and am still looking for tutorials myself.
>>
>>9275924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHsv6Fgies
>>
>>9275304
I would try the nyx liquid suedes- they come in a variety of purples
>>
>>9278165
honestly, i'm not really looking for advice from a girl wearing that shade of lipstick
>>
>>9267773
BH Cosmetics.
>>
>>9275304
Sugarpill put out a lipstick that's really purple in their pretty poison line. Makeup monsters also has purples in their liquid line, but they're more grey-lilac to mid-purple. Colourpop has some purples (Marshmallow, So Wavy, Hutch, Guess) but like MM, you risk it not swatching IRL and I don't think they do returns on products unless it's defective.

Others I can think of with a purple lip are ABH Potion (might be more warm than you like though) or try Ayesha from the KVD ELL line. If there's a NYX store near you, I'd recommend going there to try the soft matte lip creams or specifically the NYX liquid suede in Amethyst. They also have tons of bullet lipsticks and it wouldn't surprise me if they had a cool shade.
>>
>>9278264
even if she's wearing an unflattering lipstick she does have some points though. I've done thick liner as well as tightline and I find that thinner liner makes my eyes look more open. However I wear glasses almost 24/7 so it's not very obvious if I don't. it's just experimenting and finding what you like, you don't have to follow her advice 100%
>>
>>9278165
Thanks anon! You are a spoonfeeding angel!
I can't wait to be better at makeup so I can pretend I'm pretty.
>>
>>9279004
4chan is 18+
>>
>>9268404
>use tons of things that run out at different times
Guilty
>>
>>9279034
actually I'm glad to hear that, because that's the only plausible explaination I can think of for constant makeup purchases. out of curiousity, what do you use?
>>
File: navyandroses2.png (635KB, 650x599px) Image search: [Google]
navyandroses2.png
635KB, 650x599px
I need advice! I've been putting together a slightly OTT coord and I'm stuck with how to do my makeup. I usually do classic with sweet styling but with this coord I want to try more gothic styling. My main colors are navy and ivory with pink accents. I'm fair skinned with dark hair and eyes; my eyes are almond shaped. With my face structure I could pull off soft and sweet or mature and elegant. I'm leaning towards doing elegant makeup but I don't know how goth to go. This isn't helped by the fact most tutorials for gothic lolita are costume makeup or very natural. I have a few ideas but I'd like more advice from someone better with makeup than I am.
>>
>>9279321
I'm not one to gothic-police, but nothing in your coord says gothic to me. that being said, bottom middle would give a nice classic fairy tale vibe which goes nicely with the rest of your coord.
>>
>>9279333
I'm sorry if it's not clear, it's meant to be a classic coord with a gothic touch.
>>
>>9279343

It's going to look like a sweet-classic coord with gothic makeup. Blouse needs to be more classic for one, and the skirt does not need to be, but would help with a more defined silhouette like an A-line skirt.
>>
File: daschund.jpg (58KB, 925x583px) Image search: [Google]
daschund.jpg
58KB, 925x583px
Is there a general /cgl/ information sheet for people that have never done makeup/skincare but want to get into it somewhat?
I only put on some cheapo BYS eyeliner/mascara now and then, was always kind of tomboyish in this regard but am sort of interested all of a sudden and would at least like to know the process.
I guess what I'd like to work on are my bushy/upward-sloping eyebrows, flaky forehead and eternally dry/peely lips (I drink lots of water).
Also, how often/what products do you guys personally put on your face day-to-day?
>>
>>9266325
They're as long wearing as you make them last, but they're really glittery and a little chunky compared to most other powder highlighters.
>>
What are your favorite eyelashes with thick, strong bands? I know a lot of people like thinner, more flexible bands, but I need thick ones to be able to support my monolids and give me a fake crease.
>>
>>9279548
complaining about 4chan moderators is a bannable offense
>>
>>9279545
I don't know if anyone does have a chart for makeup application, there's one for skincare floating around but I believe it's for the asian level skincare routine which involves a lot of steps and might not be necessary for you. Have you been using moisturizer at all? A good one is necessary. The order to use products in is cleanser, toner, then moisturizer. Introduce one of these products one at a time over the duration of a week or so in order for your skin o adjust, as piling them all on your face at once might irritate your skin and make it worse. For cheap but effective skincare products the general consensus is to go with CeraVe, which you can pick up nearly anywhere in the US. For your lips try a scrub treatment and invest in a good balm preferably with sunscreen built in. Unprotected exposure to the sun is one of the top catalysts for rapid aging.

As for makeup... Try Youtube tutorials for anything you want to try out and remember that practice is everything. It might take you a while to understand what looks good on your face but don't be discouraged. For applying liquid eyeliner I find what helps me is to wet a Q-Tip in water and quickly erase any mistakes that I make, this can help you shape the wing on a cateye as well. If you're going to apply foundation use a primer first. Personally I find BB Cream best since you don't need a primer but it has good lasting power and skincare properties, plus usually built-in sunscreen. A makeup sponge will help you apply it without it looking cakey or flakey, you can buy cheap ones to start if you'd like and some people will swear by applying with your fingers but as someone who also has dry, flaking skin using a sponge to apply after using your moisturizer and waiting 10-20 mins for it to set in will help LOADS.

Sorry for the info overload.
>>
>tfw you walk into a sephora and tell yourself you aren't gonna buy anything and come out with $50 worth of stuff
Every. Damn. Time
It wasn't even that much. I got a concealer brush, sheet mask, travel sized oil cleanser, and a freebie pore refining thing because I had enough points for it
I'm also probably heading to my local Ulta this weekend because apparently only they have the Tarte concealer I'm looking for (shape tape), if anyone has used it before, I would love your review
>>
>>9280842
ive used the shape tape before, i really like it. super nice coverage without being thick and goopy like some high coverage concealers are, and it doesnt look bad on the skin.
>>
>>9280742
Thanks for that, the info wall was extremely useful! I've written down some of the info on brands to get. Just one other thing I wanted to know; since my eyebrows are bushy and unkempt and there are many conflicting video tutorials, should I get wax strips, hair remover or just pluck them all into the shape I want?
I've use wax strips once. Once. It was an awkward experience.
>>
>>9278165
I watched this today before getting ready for work as a refresher, I have fairly hooded lids. Thanks anon.

>>9278264
I think it's braver shade than I would wear, glad I'm not the only one who noticed. she did have good advice regarding hooded eyes

>>9275924
Here's another video i like, 6 tips for dos and don'ts for hooded eyes. It's basically the same tips but goes into falsies. bonus points for gorgeous green.gold eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoCWxK1153E
>>
>>9281578
You can always have them done professionally and then take a pair of tweezers and pluck out any new hairs growing in. Some of those little pen tool hair trimmers come with an eyebrow attachment and they do a decent job of keeping the bushiness down.
>>
>>9266950
yes.
>>
>>9266950
No, they're overpriced and not even built to last. They soak up a shit load of product and are a breeding ground for bacteria. If you're gonna use a sponge buy something that's
1) cheaper because sponges are meant to be thrown away
2) thinner so they're easier to wash and less likely to breed bacteria

My advice? Shell out $30-60 for a high quality makeup brush that you can wash easily and will last you years.
>>
File: ;^).jpg (80KB, 700x437px) Image search: [Google]
;^).jpg
80KB, 700x437px
Have any of you gulls tried this thing? Apparently it's a foundation sponge made of silicone. The idea is that it won't suck up your expensive meme products.

Has anyone tried it?
>>
Does anyone have a recommendation for hydrating primers? I've tried elf and those other drugstore brands so now I'm looking into too faced's hangover primer.

My foundation/bb creams always make me look dry and cakey even though I moisturize, prime, dry ect. I'm assuming it's a moisturizer problem, but if not does anybody have any tips?
>>
>>9283839
use bra insert, it works the same
>>
>>9283865
im the biggest fan of the hangover primer. tried to go without it for a while, but no other primer feels as nourishing to my skin. i'd give it a shot- ulta sells smaller sized ones for $15 instead of the usual 32
>>
>>9266950
i love my realtechniques sponge more than my beauty blender honestly. i bought both to try them out, and i prefer the flat edge of the realtechniques sponge more, and it also blends out my foundation quicker with a better finish imo. plus you can get 2 for $11, and i just felt ridiculous buying a $20 sponge i had to throw out after 3 months
>>
>>9283839
Oh buddy
That is literally a bra inset they stamped a face on
>>
Anyone have any favorite makeup blogs or vloggers? Mostly looking for some that talk about mid range sephora/ulta products
>>
How do you all control your oil under your makeup?
I use:
Nyx Shine Killer
Skinfood Peach Sake Pore Serum
The Estée Edit Pore Vanishing Stick
Then I bake after applying my foundation
>>
>>9284950
Maybe a basic choice and you probably already know her, but nikkietutorials is my absolute favorite atm.
>>
File: berb.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
berb.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>go to shopping centre to buy my first skincare/makeup stuff after looking at this thread and some youtube videos
>am still completely bowled over by the many brands in-store and I don't know which are the best at what, also can't see many brands mentioned in this thread ('straya)
>spend 1.5hrs going to different mall shops (Target, Cosmetics Plus, Mecca Maxima, Bodyshop, Chemist) and back again, checking the makeup brands while checking reviews on phone
>exhausted
>target happens to have a 40% off makeup sale so I grab some random shit in desperation
Nivea moisturiser, Maybelline SPF20 lip balm, L'Oreal concealer, BYS eyeshadow of some random colours, BYS makeup sponge, Sally Hansen nailpolish+top coat, $15 target makeup brushes
Did I do good or nah?
Next time I'm gonna pre-plan this shit. Gonna roll up with a map and compass. I'll be charting coordinates in the checkout lane planning for my next hit.
>>
>>9284950
Kathleen Lights - ngl I watch her because she is cute as hell
Stephanie Nicole - does informative comparisons and has a really good liquid lipstick ranking
Tati - reviews a WIDE price range of products, satisfies a curiosity about ridiculously expensive stuff with her WTF series
Stephanie Lange - has good vids about getting the most coverage out of your foundation and how to minimize appearance of pores, but she also has a bunch of click bait vids probably because she ran out of useful things to talk about
Thataylaa - does in depth testing of foundations and since she has a lot of acne scarring, you can see if stuff actually works
Nikkietutorials - good for glam tutorials, but she rarely ever honestly says that a product is bad except for the one or two she throws in her end if the month hits and oh god no vids
TheBeautyBreakdown - compares Korean/eastern products to western products, does some good reviews
Wayne Goss - professional MUA, can be a bit preachy, but he generally has good tips
>>
>>9285403
>Australia
>not going in with a plan
You dun goofed, anon.

Your purchases sound find for starting off and I'm glad Target happened to be having a sale when you were there! Before your next trip I'd recommend checking out the websites of the stores you want to go to. The Target app will list the aisle number of an item if it's available in your store. If you have certain shoes you'd like to frequent, sign up for their email newsletter so you can keep up with sales and coupons.

Don't get discouraged. We all have to start somewhere and I'm sure it'll get easier over time.
>>
>>9285417
Shaaanxo - good for glam tutorials
Thrift Thick - reviews hyped products, also has some problem skin and she's good about letting you see what products look like on the blemishes
PONY Makeup- Korean channel, good for idol esque makeup looks
Princessmei - good for kawaii makeup
Alissa Ashley - great tips for hooded eyes
Pixiwoo - sometimes feel like middle aged ladies trying desperately to keep up with trends, but they have loads of experience and often give interesting insight into current makeup trends and can help give perspective to hype, also good tutorials for many different skin colors/ages/face shapes/etc.
>>
>>9285482
>Princessmei for makeup
Ugh, no. Watching one of her makeup videos is the same as watching them all. She never changes her application in the slightest, just basic eyeshadow all over the lid and winged eyeliner. If she didn't have a cute face, those makeup looks would be mediocre at best.
zWinnieYap is better for kawaii/anime makeup.
>>
>>9285561
Idk I find it refreshing after the 4792927374738282 step Instagram guru types. A lot of kawaii pateen vids are minimalistic like that.
>>
>>9285565
It's okay for one or two videos; her earlier ones were nice, but it ends up being exactly the same for every video. Like >>9256157 said, her makeup looks the same every time, like you just took the color slider in photoshop and changed the color.
>>
>>9284950
I really like Saffron-sugar. She's actually an ex-lolita if I remember correctly? Anyway, she doesn't do much in ways of hauls etc. but speak more about make up in context of the industry, society, the experience of wearing it, etc. Some reviews, also does roundups of beauty news and releases every so often.
>>
>>9285482
seconding thrift thick because her reviews relax the hell out of me for some reason.
>>
>tfw you went nuts and spent over $250 at ulta today
Man I didn't even get that much. The most expensive thing I got was a palette for my sister's christmas gift.
But I did snag a lot of products I've had my eyes on for a while, here's what I got for myself and can review if anyone is interested:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
UD All Nighter Setting spray
UD Total Perversion Reloaded (which is the mascara + liquid eyeliner)
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
Benefit Porefessional
Tony Moly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base
Tony Moly Egg Pore Tightening Pack
everything else was gifts or random non-makeup bullshit (like a random pair of gloves i saw that matched an upcoming coord perfectly)
>>
Question on eyeshadow primers here. I'm very, very fair skinned (UD Naked Skin 0.5 is still rather orange, moving on to Bobbi Brown Alabaster, then will probably try to find something paler, my lifelong struggle continues) and have really been needing to get an eyeshadow primer, but I don't know if I should just get a clear one like the NARS one due to my difficult skintone or if tinted ones really are better. And a friend told me that using it under my eyes would help my concealer on my dark circles last a bit longer, is that a good idea or terrible friend advice?

And if people have place foundation suggestions, I'm all ears. The UD one I use currently looks okay mostly - matches my hands skin tone - but is darker than my neck and no matter how much I blend you can really see the difference in shades when you look. The Bobbi Brown one I just bought looked better in the indoor lighting of the store but I haven't tested it with natural light yet...
>>
>>9272446
most recently her super foils had rust in them because she couldn't be assed to get quality packaging so yeah they still are.
>>
>>9287142
I haven't tried it myself, but I heard using a white eyeshadow base is like using a primer!
>>
Fuck Ulta, Sephora, and Too Faced.

All I want is one damn lipstick- Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Unicorn Tears.

Sephora carries every color but this one. No explanation when I asked a rep other than "we have no plans to stock it so be sure to find a similar product on our site!" Sucks because I have the $20 off $50 coupon and a gift card ready to use.

Ulta has been sold out online for weeks. Site says it's available locally. Go and find out it has been sold out at that store for weeks as well. Associate said lots of people have been disappointed.

Too Faced put all the La Creme lipsticks on sale for 50% off for one day only, but of course it was out of stock the entire time. Their FAQ says they "restock daily". Of course customer service never responded to my message asking if they knew when it would be back.

I wish there were rain checks on good sales when they don't have the item in stock. I know this has to bother other people as well.
>>
What are some /cgl/-approved brands so I can go in better armed next shop?
There's a store called Mecca Maxima in the mall that seems to carry a lot of 'fancy' looking brands but the only one I recognised was Too Faced.
>>
>>9287142
The nyx hd eye primer is really light.
>>
>>9287294
So sorry for your pain, anon. I tried looking at HSN (they have a lot of Too Faced stuff, even neat sets and whatnot) and didn't find your color. Would you be willing to check ebay or makeup B/S/T groups on Facebook? I often times see people listing brand new makeup for whatever reason (received as gift, changed mind, etc) and I bet your color would show up eventually.
>>
>>9287142
Kat Von D (relatively) recently released a pure white concealer. You could try mixing that with foundation to create a lighter shade.
I thought Illamasqua made white foundation but I can't find it anywhere, but a few places make foundation adjustment mixers in white (makeup forever has some) that you could look at
White eyeshadow base is pretty easy to find, a few drugstore brands make it (nyx, Maybelline)
>>
>>9287389
First thing anon: Don't buy something just because it's expensive or high end or you'll end up with a bunch of products you might never use or that don't work for you. Don't buy into hype since makeup is one of those things where your milage may vary since everyone's skin is different. For instance, lots of people LOVE Lorac, but i can only use their pallettes because i'm allergic to everything else they make.

I don't know so much about cgl specific brands, but I'll tell you my favourites that I've tried.
First, Urban Decay is one of my favourites. They aren't the absolute best but I think they're great entry level into the higher cost brands. I have their pink toned Naked eyeshadows and hit the pan on multiple colors from using it so much. Great for natural makeup, would probably be good for lolita makeup as well.
I suggest pairing it with the eye primer from Too Faced (can't think of the name). I got it recently for a Lorac pallette that my old primer wasn't working for. I usually use benefit's lemon-aid but it kept creasing like crazy while the old lorac palette did not. So if youre gonna pick up an eyeprimer, out of the four i've tried (Urban decay, benefit, this one, and one by lorac that i LOVED but was allergic to) from high end brands, it's my favourite right now.

It really is hard to know what to suggest to you without knowing what you don't have though anon. Are you looking for EVERYTHING or just like...eyes and lips?

I mean i can list my daily face product list if that gives you any idea.
>>
>>9287294
As someone who shops a lot of indie brands, I think what happened is this color was more popular than anticipated and they likely literally sold all the stock they expected to last them awhile a lot faster than normal. I mean, looking at itI wouldn't expect it to be as popular as it seemingly is.

In this case, if it's meant to be an item in rotation they're likely waiting on a new shipment from their labs (idk if they have their own labs desu so could just be working on the new batch in general). If it was meant to be a limited item, then discussions might be going on about whether or not they should make more to meet demand or let it be limited, hence the lack of response from their customer service right now.

Google says a site called Surusi has one for a high markup of around $52 if you want it that bad enough. I don't know anything about the site though
>>
>>9266722
Ingredients are still sketchy, that security breech (that she lied about for awhile before acknowledging it happened, and didn't care about customers who lost thousands for $20 worth of product) only happened about a year ago too so that's pretty sketch. If you buy from LC, at least do it third party to avoid that possibility again.

but there was the rusts, her telling customers it was nothing when it was clearly something (Turned out to be harmless but still kinda gross), she still deletes comments on social media if people have complaints, etc. Basically her and Jeffree Star do the exact same shit except JS has way less complaints about his customer service, his products, and he at least apologizes when his stupid ass ego gets in the way from him being professional. Unlike Doe, who builds herself up to be sweet and innocent though at least Jeffree acknoledges he's kind of a diva and has apologized for things in his past that paint him badly today (Like some really awful racist videos from when he was still a teenager, early 20s. Over 10 years ago).

People harp way too much on Jeffree for shit that's 10+ years old but forgive Doe for things that happened less than a YEAR ago.

Even the girl running the ohdeardoedeere tumblr was going to buy from them again (But not Jeffree) until the rust thing happened a day after she was closing asks.

If you're going to judge indie brands this harshly you can't pick and choose issues because you like a product more. Just sayyou like one product more and that you'll take the risks.

Just sick of being told I'm an awful person for loving JS's lipsticks when those same people turn around and support Doe (literally dressed up as Hitler in her 20s) or Kat Von D (dated a known anti-semite and has allegedly made anti-semetic comments herself).

Idk. I just dislike the health and monetary risks with lime crime, the fact that they lie about being vegan, and the utter lack of regard for customer safety and security.
>>
>>9266707
I agree with other anon to watch some tutorials (You might even find someone trying out the same pallette. super jealous btw, it was sold out when I went to buy it).

Anyway i'll give you a tip: What matters is what kind of brush youre using. Pat it on, blend it out. Eyeshadow is entirely about the way you blend something. You can use any color for your base if you know what you're doing so it's not too strong for a base color, you might just be a little noviced to control it still. I didn't run into that problem myself until the lorac mega pro 2 pallette since i hadn't been used to such pigmentation before that but you just gotta play with it friend.

Practice won't make you perfect but it'll make you suck a little less
>>
>>9266659
Baking is nice as an idea but it's not practical for everyday use (Drag queens have a REASON for baking. They're up on a damn stage. No bitch gonna care if you baked for your shift at starbucks). I don't get wtf "tranny brows' is supposed to mean though.

If you don't use blush and are getting shit for it, it might be that you look dead without blush. I know after I put on my foundation I look like a zombie if I don't add blush back to my cheeks. You can use blush without having to get into the crazy bright pink ones. Just go natural. I like the one lipstick queen came out with that ties in with the frog prince lipstick. It's green so it matches your own shade of pink to you. Might be a suggestion if you want to give a blush a try and don't know where to start, but I don't know if they still sell it/if it was a limited item since i bought it awhile ago and haven't needed to replace it yet.

If you don't mind posting a pic i'll give you my opinion on if you ACTUALLY need blush or not (i.e if you look like a pasty zombie without it).
I don't mind if you cut out identifying features since i'm interested in your cheeks.
>>
>>9285808
Save the receipt for the UD items because I personally found them kinda "Meh." The setting spray is okay and i'm still using mine up before i get one i like better, but i hate the primer potion. Just creases on me and doesn't really help the eyeshadow look brighter. I like the one too faced has a little better. But hey YMMV. As long as you keep the box and receipt you can refund it if you decide you don't like it though.

Benefit's porefessional is okay. i forgot i had it until i unearthed the one i bought months ago recently, and now my pores are okay from proper skincare.

The panda dram eye base gave me an allergic reaction sadly but i loved it otherwise (My eyes are sensitive AF) and i LOVE the egg pore tightening pack.

I spent $700 at my last trip because i stocked up on sheet masks (obsessed with them, they're relaxing before bed for me) but i won't have to buy them for the next four months (which keeps me the fuck outta ulta and keeps my wallet from depleting more).

I also got some items for my mom who wants me to build her a skincare routine so that added to the price.
>>
>>9287142
You can always do what I do when my primer is an odd color (Like the Benefit Lemonaid base which is yellow). Apply the primer, apply your face primer, then apply foundation and brush it overyour lids and undereye area and proceed from there. Lots of people put foundation on their eyes anyway.

I like the benefit primer but take a tip from me because I think i fucked mine up because i left it in my car on an unusually hot day (Like this month, it was 60 out and i left it in my car like i usually do because i'm a lazy fuck who does their makeup in the car before class instead of waking up earlier).

Anyway now its way softer than it was before and creases badly, but before that happened it was absolutely perfect.

It also always blended in with my foundation well so i didn't have any odd colors.

That said, when you go to swatch things go to the store without makeup on (or at least foundation) and swatch from your jaw into your neck. If it doesn't match your neck, you'll end up with floating head syndrome and have to blend it into every bit of exposed skin below your head (so if you're wearing a shirt that shows off your shoulders that's a whole hell of a lot to have to blend into to have a match).

doing it on your hand is tricky because most people's faces don't match their hands that well. My hands are ridiculously pale, my arms are super tan (Just from driving around in Colorado where the sun is desert-like. started using my sunscreen more on my body instead of just my face since i roll my sleeves up a lot). My face is like a mix between the two and my neck is even lighter. so i match my neck and it's perfect.

It's always worrying in the morning when i pump the foundation on my hand and see how DARK it looks against my hand, but i apply it and remmeber "Oh yeah, it's fine."

I use lancome "real skin" something something foundation but only because nothing in UD matched me (the one that would otherwise work is too pink :(.
>>
>>9266950
Right now a new trend called the silisponge is taking over. I'd hold off and wait to see what people think of that because the silisponge, (a little silicone breast implant looking thing) is WAY CHEAPER in comparison...it's just currently out of stock because it blew up way more than anyone expected it to. Jeffree Star did a review of it the other day and it used WAY less product than a beauty blender or brush does. I'm waiting to see more people review it before I decide if I want it but if it's ruled as better than the beauty blender, i'm saving my money and going for the cheaper one. Especially if it'll save foundation in the long run too.
>>
>>9266677
No clue what the original anon said that you replied to, but dude i agree so much. I'm so sick of the too faced pallettes and everyone on reddit's makeup addiction losing their shit over them. They're all the fucking SAME. we have literally neutral pallettes from every brand, some have multiples. It's old. It's BORING. I want more pallettes with UNIQUE COLORS. UD has come out with some but it's way too expensive sadly because it's one of their special limited ones i think. i wish they could make something like their naked pallettes, but colorful. Even better, small ones like the naked basics.
>>
>>9287752
it is literally a bra insert. All the reviews say to skip it.
>>
Does nail polish count as makeup?

What nail polish do you guys recommend? Mine ALWAYS chips no matter how careful I am. Or if i use a base coat, it'll peel off (evenly and without harming my nail) which is more annoying because it usually does this within a couple of hours which makes the whole painting time wasted.

I've tried sally hansen, essie, and china glaze per recommendations on other makeup communities. What am i doing wrong friends? :(
>>
>>9287757
Can you be more specific than "all" of the reviews because "all" of the reviews I've seen have said it's great, and one of them was an actual video and not just a typed explanation which makes me wonder if it just has a learning curve, one JS would pick up on quicker than a 20 something would?

Not doubting you friend just like to compare sources before I decide instead of hinging my decision on one anonymous poster on 4chan.
>>
>>9283204
What foundation brush would you rec anon?
>>
>>9287758
Get gel nails done at a salon
t. a lesbian who works with her hands a lot
>>
>>9287774
Not same anon but ulta sells some nice ones. The silve handled ones from the actual ulta brand. I like japonesque as well, i got a few of those in a beauty box once and still use them from time to time (but the one they sent me is a weird shape so i dont use it a lot).

They have one for $24. I've used it for a year so far and have had no urge to replace them.

The beauty blender if you DO decide to get it needs to be babied and taken care of if you don't want mold to grow in it. I've seen girls wash it immediately after use and pop it in a cup of rice (or sometimes beans) to dry it up for the next day.

That all seems like too much hassle though when a good brush will do just as well.

But if the silisponge ends up being less hype and more quality (still waiting on more sources from the other anon) it might be a good alternative since it's something like $10 and might have a longer life.
>>
>>9287759
JS is terrible for reviews lol
Just look up the silisponge on youtube, there's many more unbiased reviewers like thataylaa or nikkietutorials where they actually use a bra insert to put on foundation and compare, and the results are exactly the same.
>>
>>9287758
invest in a good base/top coat
>>
>>9287728
Listing anything would be good. I just bought some basic skincare and eyeshadow from BYS to get started with makeup. I've noted down some of the brands you mentioned. My plan was to do some independent research once I have a good starting point!
>>
>>9269261
I heard both were pretty bad in comparison to their other products, half the shades seem like little kids makeup that don't even show well and fade quick. My friend's actually returning her 's that she camped the site for, she was so pissed.
>>
>>9287738
These ugly ass brows that are everywhere now, also the ones that have that weird gradient
They look like drag
>>
>>9288112
I'm the anon who posted that and I ended up not buying the White Chocolate Chip because I'm already planning on buying the Sweet Peach palette and don't want to spend more money after that. Honestly, the best rose gold shades I've come across are from the Physician's Formula Natural Nudes compact. I read poor reviews on the Chip palletes and I think a lot of people are getting irritated with Too Faced holiday collections because of their quality.
>>
>>9287758
i really like julep, even if they're a little pricey. I've got the monthly box, but it's totally customizable.
>>
>>9287694
>>9287730
Thanks for your replies. I actually got super lucky and it restocked at Ulta today. I freaked out for nothing.

Btw- I think HSN may still be offering $20 off $40 with Visa checkout.
>>
>17000 people in front of me for the peach collection on toofaced

Well, fuck.
>>
>>9288566
>56,000 for me
Don't worry, anon. Ulta, Sephora, and HSN should have it online starting the 15th. Like >>9288564 said, HSN has $20/$40 with Visa Checkout that ought to work too.

That little peach bag with a $50 purchase is tempting but HSN usually has good sets so I'm hoping there will be some items bundled together for max savings and max peachyness.
>>
>>9287759
>>9287752
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8lfbX7aDjw
I like tati, personally. She does pretty good reviews.
>>
File: 1440933001687.jpg (37KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1440933001687.jpg
37KB, 500x395px
It took me a year to let my eyebrows grow out until they were perfect and I don't know why but last night I spontaneously spent half an hour plucking 50% of the fucking hairs out last night.

I genuinely can't figure out why I did it and they look so pointy and awful now. Jesus christ.
>>
>>9287774
While I don't like BareMinerals for makeup, I've always really loved their brushes. I used a really old kabuki brush of their's for about 8 years before it started to fall apart, and then I bought their Precision Face Brush which I also love. It was $28.
>>
I've been lurking for a while.
I work at sephora AMA
>>
>>9288985
are you doing this here because r/mua didn't respond to you
>>
>>9288988
No I'm just lurking bored. Don't even fuck w/ reddit
>>
>>9288709
I have a mini natural hair bare minerals brush I got in middle school (I'm in my second year of college now) that i got in middle school that i still use for powder on the go. I dont even know if they make it anymore. It's about the size of my thumb.
Thanks mom
>>
>>9288985
Do you wear that same ugly makeup that all Sephora employees and Instagram girls seem to wear?
>>
>>9289053
post a pic of said makeup look
>>
File: JS60826441.jpg (29KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
JS60826441.jpg
29KB, 615x409px
>>9289074
You know what I'm talking about
This sort of thing, this bizarre, drag-like garbage that's considered the height of glamour now a days
>>
>>9288985
Can you help a gull out with some samples?
>tfw no sephora here.
>>
>>9289084
No. I work in skin, I just wear a warm toned natural eyemakeup with lashes and some highlight/contour.
I don't do that extra shit with brows, I don't even wear foundation. That looks like everyone who works in color though lol.
>>9289091
Fuck yeah! I take a whole bunch of samples. Some times product trainers come in to teach us about their products and shit and give us stuff. We also get gratis like lipsticks, parfume, skin care products. At the end of the year in January we get a holiday gratis. Last yeah everyone who worked there got naked palettes, lashes, and other stuff. I don't know what we're getting this year though probably something better
>>
>>9289104
last year*
>>
>>9289104
What's upward mobility like in the company? Are you committed for the long haul or is this an interim job?
>>
>>9289117
Most of the people who work there also are freelance makeup artists. It's not bad working there. You can move up to a manager position the longer you work there.
Like one of my coworkers is a medical assistant who works with a dermatologist she works in skin with me. So basically the people there are part time who work there for extra cash, experience and more product knowledge.

Personally, I just recently graduated from esthetics school. I was working there while i was in school to gain more experience. I plan on getting a job at a medical spa while working at sephora because I like the extra experience and benefits there.
I worked on thanksgiving day and apparently if you work around the holiday times you get $16/h i was really surprised when i saw my check lol. Money is good and benefits are good. So I'll prob stay there part time.
>>
>>9289104
That sounds amazing. I've always wished we had one here (UK) as nowhere gives good samples and buying foundation has been a nightmare for me. What sephora exclusives would you recommend for when I bite the bullet on an international order?
>>
>>9289160
I didn't even know they did not have one in the UK.
Honestly I don't even know what to recommend you. Honestly I love everything there.
My essentials are their sephora collection brushes, Becca highlighter in champagne pop, Sephora collection lashes in the style "Plush" amazing lashes so natural looking, but still a nice amount of volume. I get constant compliments from those lashes, other lashes I wear are huda beauty in samantha style.
Hudas palette is amazing too, I just got my Modern Renaissance palette haven't used it yet though.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9289160
This is some of my makeup essentials. Only thing that sucks about Sephora is they don't have Lorac stuff.
>>
>>9289180
>>9289189
I'm a complete novice, but am hoping to pick up the ABH Modern Ren palette. I'll give the brushes a look as well as I've been looking for a set to start with that isn't rubbish.
>>
>>9289250
Yeah the ABH is good, Lorac pro is amazing though for a beginner though!
>>
>>9287774
Not that anon, but an Artis oval 7 brush.
>>
>>9256898
Lunatik Cosmetics's contour palette.
>>
Does anyone have natural anime/school girl/cute makeup tutorials that are suitable for Western faces? Particularly for those with angled face/high cheekbones and loose/baggy eyelids*?

My friend wants me to do Kotori from Love Live, but I'm used to doing mature characters and not moe blobs. All the tutorials I find are Asian ones and the techniques don't really work on me.

(*I don't really know how to describe my lids desu. They're not huge and go over my eyes or anything, but they do suidge about when applying makeup and I have to stretch them to get a smooth application)
>>
>>9289808
>I have to stretch them to get smooth application.

Well there's your problem. Don't fucking do that it only makes your eyelids more stretchy and wrinkly. Git gud with brushes and technique.

Lisa Eldridge is a YouTuber with experience working in Japan and to some degree Korea and she has a mature face.

https://youtu.be/7OAHNuE3Nw0

Her East meets West video is also good for adapting Eastern makeup to a Western face shape.
>>
>>9289870
Maybe stretch was the wrong word to use. I literally pull them up ever so slightly so there isn't as big a fold there when doing the shadow in the fold and if I'm doing winged eyeliner.

I'll check the YouTuber out, thanks
>>
Is the Sweet Peach pallette worth picking up? I mean... it seems like people didn't really like it that much. I have the Too Faced Natural Matte palette and really like that one
>>
>>9289916
Anon, I'm going to be straight up: I bought a palette and blush mostly for the hype of it all. I did have a 20% coupon for Ulta that applied to the order so that helped but I'm sure I could've gotten color equivalents for much less. This is a whole new batch though so it's possible they reformulated the shadows to be better this time around.
>>
>>9289916
they didn't reformulate any of the shadows from the first release
all the shades are easily dupeable with better quality brands.
the packaging is cute but gimmicky so that's basically what you're paying for
tldr; no it's not
>>
>>9267862
I believe you got almond eyes. Little bit bigger vertically than most almond eyes, very pretty.
>>
>>9263550
Don't where any eyeshadow that will make your hooded eyelid stand out even more. I've got hooded eyelids as well, but yours are a bit worse then mine. I'm not sure for lolita makeup, but just focus on your eyelashes. Maybe get some fake ones.
>>
>>9290109
I'm going to spend Winter Break working on my makeup skills so do you have any tips on working with hooded lids? On a personal note, do you find your lids are more hooded certain days? As I posted earlier, I didn't always have hooded lids but I've been consuming more caffeine than sleep this semester and I'm wondering if that played a factor into this.
>>
File: 1324105088246.png (315KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1324105088246.png
315KB, 320x240px
>>9289084
>tfw everybody is overlining their lips
>tfw still underlining mine because they're crooked and far too big
>>
>multiple tutorials using Too Faced born this way foundation
>$50
I mean, is there enough material in there to warrant that price? 30ml don't seem like a lot but what do I know
>>
Anyone have advice for really dry skin? My skin's always been fairly dry but I've always been fine as long as I moisturize daily, but I used a new face mask over a month ago and it totally fucked my skin and I haven't been able to come back from it. I haven't even been able to wear foundation because my face just flakes after about an hour (mostly on my nose and cheeks) and it looks so awful. Even just a bit of blush/bronzer makes my skin start flaking.
Winter just set in too so the cold definitely isn't helping me. I don't have the money to buy any kind of expensive skin care products right now either so I've just been suffering lately, and my makeup is just sitting and not being used (which is a waste because I bought a ton of new stuff a couple weeks before this happened). I'd really appreciate any tips at this point
>>
>>9290227
i have very dry sensitive skin and i stay away from any sort of cleanser that foams. i wash my makeup off with mild baby shampoo and i moisturize with baby oil gel. i've found that baby products are really nice.
i've heard that glossier jelly cleanser is really awesome for sensitive skin as well.
>>
File: roowlet.png (24KB, 372x298px) Image search: [Google]
roowlet.png
24KB, 372x298px
How can I verify the authenticity of some products on ebay? I've just bought a set of x3 Real Techniques brush sets (travel, core, starter) for $28 AUD (Ausfag) from a Hong Kong seller with 1645 sold of that particular product.
I looked in the chemist and saw the same brushes - about $38 for ONE set.
There is also the Beauty Blender on ebay- the top hit is 2 blenders for $17 from a Sydney seller with 593 sold.
I know markup is a thing but that seems a bit much? Would these items be legitimate? Or is there some factor I'm missing here
>>
>>9290201
Yes, and that is typical for that amount\price range. I have KVD foundtion that is 30ml, been using it for a few months now.
>>
>>9290256
Don't buy super cheap makeup from ebay if you don't want it to be fake, and definitely don't buy it if it's sourced from china.
>>
>>9290256
I never buy from eBay, especially from overseas.
>>
>>9290227
I have very dry skin (but not sensitive) and my skin use to peel right off my face during the winter. What I invested in was an AHA lotion, to exfoliate the dry flaky skin. It makes all of my gross dead skin come off when I wash my face everyday. I also moisturize with really thick creams, since I think that they hold in moisture better than lotions. Although I think that if your skin is looking really bad with makeup, what I do is skip foundation and only wear concealer since makeup always emphasizes flaky skin.
>>
>>9290264
>>9290266
Oh, well... The waiting game begins.
This will be my first brush set so hopefully it is good enough to start with.
>>
>>9290119
I'm sure it's a great product, but you can pretty much always find a cheap alternative that does roughly the same thing. Sure, MUAs and cosmetic-holics might be able to tell the difference, but the vast majority wont.
>>
Actually, fuck it. I'll guy the legit Real Techniques brushes from in-store with what little cash I have and gift the questionable ones for Christmas. Two problems solved!
>>
Is there any reason to get foundation+primer instead of just using BB cream?
>>
>>9290340
If you want sheer/natural coverage get BB cream, foundation is for medium/full coverage.
>>
>>9290267
What AHA lotion do you use?
>>
>>9287783
>unbiased reviewer
>nikkietutorials
kek
>>
>>9289146
>holiday times you get $16/h
do retail really earn that little? I work as a cleaner and kitchen hand part time with no qualifications and earn $17 base.
>>
>>9289146
sorrry to clarify is $16/ hr a lot or not much?

that's not even minimum wage here.
>>
>>9290256
>>9290289
nah don't
buy from iherb if you're an aussie for real techniques, don't bother buying at priceline.
>>
>>9290256
>>9290289
Do what >>9290601 suggested. I've bought all my Real Technique brushes from iherb and saved a tonne.
>>
>>9263550
I have an awful lot of upper eyelid that's sometimes looks hooded/monolid or simply wrinkly so I don't ever bother with upper lid eyeliner. Try winging the sides and just a little on the underside. A thin, subtle, flick rather than going at it with a magic marker.

Kind of like mine, only you have Moreno brown one toolay withdespite having almost no room on the lid. I'd try a light shade from the corner of your eye over your top lid and go for a darker shade on the outer part of your brow bone, tapering it all to go with your tapered eye shape?
>>
I have bad eyesight and a weak right eye so doing eye makeup with my glasses off has always been a pain. I asked a for a travel makeup mirror for cons because that's the only time I do hardcore eye makeup.

Does anyone else have a similar experience and tips on doing eyeliner with bad eyesight? Only other one I found is a suggestion to draw from the wing inward to the canthus instead of the usual direction.

Also I think I need something better than drugstore eyeliner. Is the Urban Decay 24/7 worth it or is the Sephora brand stuff just as good? I tested them in store briefly and didn't find much difference but I'm new to good makeup
>>
>>9290601
>>9290646
where would I be without /cgl/, floating in a river of chinese knockoffs
>>
File: 81jndBOp1HL._SL1500_.jpg (102KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81jndBOp1HL._SL1500_.jpg
102KB, 1500x1500px
>>9290420
I use this one that I bought from Amazon.
>>
>>9290600
>>9290599
That's twice the minimum wage in a lot of places in the US.
>>
>>9290599
I work in a factory and earn 9.10. I've been trying to get into retail for forever. I've been stuck in this hell for 5 years now (save me)
>>
File: Kira.png (890KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
Kira.png
890KB, 500x742px
I've never used any makeup before, is drawing some lines on my face to look like Kira a good idea or should I stick to only eyeliner and mascara?
>>
>>9291274
Face lines for Jojo characters are usually looked down upon because they rarely turn out how they were intended to. Eyeliner to better define your eyes and some mascara should be fine; just don't wing it out or use extravagant falsies.
>>
>>9290597
she's biased for a lot of things, but that particular review was unbiased
>>
>>9290119
I drink a lot of green tea and lately coffee and i don't feel like my eyes have gotten any more hooded than normal. You'll probably have to do some research for that one. I'm not very good with make up either and also need to practice, sorry. What I usually do is just focus on my eyelashes and I put pencil eyeliner right underneath eyelashes kind of like what people do for their bottom eyelashes. I hope I helped a bit.
>>
>>9292358
Sure thing! I actually watched a lot of videos last night and found the right direction to go in. Also, I looked at old pictures of myself and it looks like I've always had somewhat hooded eyelids. They're more exaggerated when I smile with my eyes but when looking straight on they don't look very hooded.
>>
>>9266592
I use a Garnier mattifying moisturiser as primer
>>
>>9290599
Wtf I left a (private) school with excellent grades, went to college and had to beg to get paid $9 an hour (3 months late) a a film studio doing all their online content/photography/SEO/data management/editing and backstage video. Then I got the same at a pretty prestigious riding school, which sucked because it cost $250 a month to commute. My rent is $1800. WTF.
>>
>>9255773
claire marshall, princessmei,heizle, and meejmuse are p good
- claire hasn't really been posting a lot recently but I think she's p unbiased about everything.
- mei is so rad, I used to follow her on dumblr until she started her yt channel, she does a lot of exaggerated looks but it suits her a lot imo
- heizle : korean yt-er with eng subs like pony, same aesthetic and editing skills, I really like how she incorporates different themes in each video
- meejmuse is one of my favorite yt-ers, she's australian/korean and she does a lot of indepth reviews on korean beauty and has tons of tutorials
>>9256898
try some korean brands! koreans are known to be pasty af
>>9275872
i have hooded eyelids too, I try to do a slight smokey eye where i'll have a light base color then a point color like red in the outer 1/3 and a little above the crease then a dark brown right under the point color & blend if that makes sense.
>>9284950
claire marshall !
>>9285114
good skincare that works for you
my routine everyday is toner, sk ii essence, face oil, lotion, sunscreen
>>9285403
skincare/makeup is a trial and error process lol
you'll find what works for you soon !!
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.