[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Costume Redesigns and Crossovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 12

File: STAR影法師 Belle.jpg (41KB, 500x779px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Belle.jpg
41KB, 500x779px
What are your favorite costume redesigns and and related artists? I just saw these amazing Disney redesigns and I've got the itch to make one but everyone in my area is already planning groups...
>>
File: STAR影法師 Alice.jpg (45KB, 500x797px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Alice.jpg
45KB, 500x797px
>>
File: STAR影法師 Ariel.jpg (45KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Ariel.jpg
45KB, 500x747px
>>
File: STAR影法師 Cinderella.jpg (42KB, 520x787px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Cinderella.jpg
42KB, 520x787px
>>
File: STAR影法師 Elsa.jpg (43KB, 500x868px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Elsa.jpg
43KB, 500x868px
>>
File: STAR影法師 Jasmin.jpg (37KB, 520x732px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Jasmin.jpg
37KB, 520x732px
>>
File: STAR影法師 Rapunzel.jpg (43KB, 500x762px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Rapunzel.jpg
43KB, 500x762px
>>
File: STAR影法師 Snow White.jpg (38KB, 500x868px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Snow White.jpg
38KB, 500x868px
>>
I swear I saw this in a buzzfeed article preview on FB.

Cute art but otherwise unrecognizable when executed. Anyone have any /good/ examples?
>>
File: STAR影法師 Tinker Bell.jpg (37KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
STAR影法師 Tinker Bell.jpg
37KB, 500x714px
>>
File: Sadyna - Alice.png (796KB, 700x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Sadyna - Alice.png
796KB, 700x1010px
>>9254442

Probably. I have seen it in a tonne of places on facebook in the last few hours.
Being unrecognizable is the biggest thing I worry about with the redesigns. I would hate to put all the work into it and feel like it failed.
I've thought of doing Hannah Alexander but I feel like its just recognizable as her rather than the characters at this point... Maybe Sadyna?
>>
These are probably my favorite of the Disney Princesses but with ____________ genre, but costumes of these designs usually fail to really capture the feel of the art.
>>
>>9254437
Why is Jasmine a prostitute?
>>
>>9254524
Because artists aren't into correct obi styling, proportion, accessories or collar designs enough for realistic accuracy. Jasmine's is the worst mistake but there are plenty of others.
>>
File: 1415968501992.jpg (174KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1415968501992.jpg
174KB, 800x1067px
>>9254442
>unrecognizable when executed
Really? I can see how some of them look a bit generic, but most of them are pretty obvious to me, especially the ones who have really special hair, like Rapunzel, Elsa and Jasmine

I think it would be a really fun group cosplay, since the princesses in their normal outfits are pretty overdone and boring (imo) at this point

But then again, I am kind of a sucker for crossovers and genderbends (the good ones, not the nigri tier ones) and all that kinda stuff that isn't just the regular outfit, so I might be biased
>>
>>9256682
>Implying Disney pricess AUs haven't been played out for almost two years at this point

You do you, but I'm sooooo tired of nonsensical AU DP shit.
>>
>>9256682

idunno, I only recognized Rapunzel because she's the only purple princess, she and Elsa could pass as "blondes in kimono" instead of Elsa and Rapunzel in kimono. And while Jasmine's hair is recogniseable (only if you nail her look) her design is also the most eye-rollingly cringe since the artist apparently drew her as a prostitute.

The artwork is cute, though.
>>
>>9256743
Well, these aren't really AUs though. But I get your point. I also think they're overdone, but if they're well done, or really pretty like the ones op posted, I think it's still more fun than the regular ones.

>>9256761
> she and Elsa could pass as "blondes in kimono" instead of Elsa and Rapunzel in kimono
Anon, I think 90% of people would recognize atleast Elsa. The blonde hair in a braid and ice blue outfit is pretty iconic at this point.
Also, I think Alice would also be pretty recognizable, with the blue dress and apron and Alice bow.
Tbh, just the hair and color scheme in the characters is enough for me to recognize the characters, and I think its like that for a lot of people since the disney princesses are so well known
>>
>>9256924
I disagree with other anon but I will say I'm a bit disappointed in some of the designs.

I wish Jasmine's kimono included Raja somewhere, maybe the Obi. Rapunzel's should be covered in some of her paintings and feature the sun logo thing. Either that or bee a dark purple with a lantern pattern? Anything but the generic shit she's wearing right now
>>
I love this artist and checked daily for new drawings from this series, but I'll admit I wish they drew more patterns like >>9254433 onto the kimonos to make them a bit more recognizable. Especially Rapunzel ended up feeling very mundane design wise.

That said Snow White is my favorite.
>>
>>9256947
Well, Rapnuzels pose makes it kinda hard to add much detail to the kimono, and Jasmine has quite a lot going on with the robe and obi, so I can kinda understand how it might have been impractical to add more details to the kimonos.
But yeah, I see where you're comming from.
I wouldn't have minded that they didn't have the details if it weren't that some characters have them, feels kinda unbalanced I guess?
>>
>>9254680
I know this is off topic, but could you point out the other mistakes? It's super interestin!
>>
They're all just "Disney character in a kimono" without anything else really distinctive to them. Nice art but that's it.
>>
I really like them. Disney princesses are recognisable just by their hair and colour schemes. I don't think anyone would have trouble knowing who you were.

It's a great opportunity if you like kimono and you want to cosplay something that's not too obscure. How would you do the designs, though? Silk painting?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.