[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 47

File: download.jpg (6KB, 282x178px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 282x178px
New hair thread because old one vanished
When I get my roots bleached, it's about $200 because I go from brown to nearly platinum. I was thinking maybe just saving that money, shaving my head, and getting a really nice human hair wig instead. Less hassle and I won't have to spend $200 every month and a half
>>
>>9248358
>shaving my head
How long's your hair now?
>>
>>9248436
Just touching the top of my shoulders. I've had extremely short hair before and I liked it, but I've held onto this relatively "safe" haircut for a while solely for the purpose of lolita and j-fashion and I really do wanna cut my hair short again but super short hair looks weird with most styles
>>
>>9248358
wtf OP why go to extremes and shave your head? just wait a month and dye your hair back to your natural brown colour so it doesnt look odd growing back
>>
>>9248358
I like the look of shaved heads, but I think shaving your head for a wig is a bit of a false economy. Even the highest quality human hair wigs take care to maintain, and can take time to put on and arrange every day in order to look natural and neat. There are also artificial wigs that look good and natural with Jfashion, and you don't have to shave your head.

Like it's all up to you, but I think shaving your head and getting a human hair wig are both kind of extreme. You could also learn to do your roots at home.
>>
Why can't you bleach your own hair? I moved & had a terrible experience with a hairdresser-overlapped bleach on tailbone length & left me with a broken spot on my canopy, put me right off so I started doing my own every 3 months its only grown back in now, 4 years later.

Also katzixx rocked short but interesting hair with Lolita.
>>
I had a bad experience with bleach, but not as awful as above. I'm going from level 1 black to level 10 blonde and after about 4 sessions w/my hairdresser (my hair really held onto the red) there are some overprocessed spots. Nothing too terrible/scary, but really dry, easy to tangle, and breaks easy if I'm not careful with it. I'm a level 9 now and really want to finish it up, but I'm too afraid to bleach it again, and I'm too afraid to use heat tools to style for lolita, so I've been wear wigs a lot.

Does anyone have any tips on how to try and revive it, or when I should get the last session done? Last bleaching was two months ago and it's much better than it was, but still nothing I want to mess with just yet in fear of overdoing it.
>>
>>9248630
My number one hair tip is honestly hair oils. You might have to work to figure out what variety works best for you, but masking with an oil before you shower (shampoo twice with a gentle shampoo), and using a dab in dry hair is the best way I've found of combating dryness. I don't even use conditioner anymore. Popular oils are argan, coconut, jojoba, and olive. Coconut is my favorite, but you might find a heavier oil works better since your hair is bleach damaged.
>>
Is there a heat free way of getting that smooth, glossy look you get from blow-drying? I've tried leaving my hair out to air dry and braiding but I just don't think my hair naturally does that. Instead, it just ends up with waves and flyaways no matter what I do to it. ( I have pretty typical white-girl hair, fine to medium with some waviness if that helps)
>>
>>9249077
Have you tried cool blow-drying? If your hairdryer has a cold setting, sometimes just having the airflow when you're styling will give you that look.
>>
>>9248586
Long hair isn't practical for my lifestyle, I've only been dealing with the hassle of it for the few times a month where I dress up
>>
>>9249403
if that's the case, get yourself a cute pixie cut and some wigs. it will make your life a heck of a lot easier
>>
>>9249498
yeah I've been wanting to cut it short again for a while now, shaved would be ideal but i just want something short enough I don't need to worry about tangles. I think I'll just get it cut where the blonde part ends (let my roots grow out way too long this time) and cancel my next bleaching appointment and use that money towards a good wig
>>
What would be the best way to style a wig?
Im planning on buying a cheap anime wig for a Naked Snake cosplay.
Would an attempt by myself be good enough since it's basically a mullet? should i spend ~50 euro to get it styled by a pro?
>>
>>9248358
I had an auntie who fought cancer for 10 years and was bald for 7 of them. She loved doing this. She wore some really off the wall wigs too the best one I can remember was a shoulder length bright purple one to my grandmother's funeral. The sad part of that was we had hers not 3 months later D: still I will always remember her crazy wigs and amazing cooking.
>>
File: Dark-to-Purple-Ombre-Hair.jpg (76KB, 492x608px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-to-Purple-Ombre-Hair.jpg
76KB, 492x608px
i pretty much have asian black hair past the shoulder length and i've been wanting to do something drastic for a change. I'm new to this whole hair thing and the most i've done is dye a dark brown once. it hurt when the dye was on so i've been afraid of even letting my scalp go anywhere near bleach. Does anyone have nice examples of natural dark hair ombre with crazy colors? Also, how long does a typical bright hair colour last on dark hair?
>>
>>9252661
good bleach doesnt sting your scalp.
>>
>>9253356
all bleach stings your scalp lmao it depends on the level of developer you use
>>
>>9252661
You'll have to bleach to get crazy colours, for an ombre I generally put my hair in a few ponytails and bleach then dye the ponytail part so that it won't touch my scalp. I have to do at least 2-3 rounds of bleach with 30vol for a colour as light as your photo, as you really have to get past horrible Asian Ginger and to the light yellow blonde stage.
If you're new to bleaching and crazy colour I highly recommend you look on a few forums, I used to go to Haircrazy and the hair dye section of the Hair Extensions Forum back in the day when I first started dyeing mine (talking over 5 years ago now)
Annoyingly I don't have good photos of my current dye as it's a very dark blue-purple, Special Effects Blue Velvet. So even though it's kind-of an ombre it's very subtle, and doesn't photograph well. I generally re-dye (not rebleach, just more of the temporary dye) it every 4 weeks because I like it to be as dark as possible for work appropriateness.
>>
is there a name for this hairstyle? and how can I do it? thank you in advance lovely seagulls <3
>>
>>9248358
That is literally what my mom does, but I thought desu that was a black people thing.
>>
>Have a large forehead because my hairline is very high. Looks like my hair is receding, but it has always been like this
>have a round face shape

Bangs or no bangs? I hate my forehead, my high hair line makes me look old.
>>
>>9253356
Yes it does. I go to a very high end salon and it still hurts like hell. Like someone is trying to rip out all my hair. Never had an issue with scalp blistering or bleeding though, that's why you should spend the extra money and get it done professionally
>>
>>9256912
>>9253552
wtf I've been bleaching my own hair for years and the most pain I've ever had is like some warm itching. I think it varies person to person.
>>
>>9256934
It varies on how strong your scalp is, but with high enough developer, bleach will hurt anyone's head. >>9256912 doesn't sound right at all though, it shouldn't hurt if you're bleaching, if it does that means you're using volume that is too high for your scalp to handle.
>>
>>9256802
Bangs. I have the same hairline as you and bangs help mask it so much.
>>
>>9256802
Bangs. When I pull my hair back people ask if I've got thinning hair because fivehead + wispy bits at the temples. Sideswept is better than straight imo.
>>
>>9254154
i dunno anon, this hairstyle screams "scene kid circa 2007" to me desu...it'll probably look weird as fuck irl
>>
>>9252504
Watch some tutorials to get some tips and maybe practice on an old wig if you have a cheap one lying around
>>
>>9256912
WTF, I've been getting my hair done for years and bleach has never, ever done that to my scalp. That doesn't sound normal or healthy.
>>
>>9248358
There's no way you look good with platinum hair if your natural color is brown. I hate when people have hair that doesn't match their skin tone, it took me years of different colors to realize I could only wear ashy brown and blonde shades because of my skin tone
>>
My head is 24" around. Where can I get wigs in my size?
>>
>>9259029
What? Plenty of people are born with shitty, contrasting hair and skintones.

I have warm olive skin and dishwater-grey ash blonde hair, so I dye it warm black.
>>
>>9259242
Adding to this: 'brown' is a hugely varied fuckin' scale when it comes to hair colours.
It covers like 90% of shades, from cool to warm.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
Has anyone gotten stuff like tape extensions before? do they get ruined if you need to wear a wig cap for cosplay? I'm thinking about getting them but that's pretty much my only hangup
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 642x960px
>>9259029
Dark brown hair naturally, here to confirm ur statement is a lie
>>
Recently cut off about 8 inches of hair and had the underside of my hair buzzed. I love the haircut, it's super light and just fits me better than just long hair.

Problem though: as it's shorter, I now have to wash it every three days instead of once a week, and it's making my hair dry at the ends. I used Organix coconut conditioner for years and it just isn't working anymore. Someone suggested using the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner instead. Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
>>9261455
Nice try, now remove the color/contrast altering filter and post again.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 960x640px
>>9261649
The photographer did that- I am not responsible. But behold the mane in its unedited glory
>>
>>9261620
That stuff is the best 10/10 would recommend
>>
>>9259029
I agree that there are people who do look fine as platinum blondes even if they have naturally brown hair, but >>9261754 is not an example unfortunately, though it might just be the brows and the weird bangs.
>>
>>9261779
Nah if you cover her forehead/brows she actually looks okay as platinum blonde. Those bangs and brows are definitely a poor life choice though.
>>
Does anyone have any tutorials on how to style different gyaruo style hair/wigs?
>>
>>9252661
Sounds like you might have some scalp problems. Also, when you go in to get bleached, how long have you waited since you last washed your hair? You should wait a day or two so your scalp can get a protective oil layer going.
>>
So, I have mid back long hair and it is shit to the point I'm thinking of cutting it really short and, maybe, buying a wig.

Is it possible to recover, due to years of negligence, a hair frizzy, dry as fuck and falling quite a bit? If so, how?

I use Aussie's moist hair conditioner and très semme's premium blindage or something like that, nothing more.

Never painted hair nor used chems on it.

>Plz halp
>>
I'm desperate and out of options, so I hope you guys could help me with this.
I'm trying to find a store that sells grey extensions, either with micro rings or nail, that ships overseas.

Most places only sell wefts or clip-in, but they're really not the thing for me. Maybe I'm just unlucky and/or terrible at google-fu, but I really can't find anything on my own.
>>
Any gulls have good hair voluminizers to recommend? My hair is super flat, even if I blow-dry it upside down and stuff.
I've been growing it out for like almost a year now so my hair is to my chest, but it still looks pretty bad. I think because it's so flat? I'm planning on getting a haircut tomorrow bc it's unfitting, but if a voluminizer or something else can fix it maybe I should hold off.
>>
I don't usually /cgl/ but I need some help.

I had dyed my hair a dark peacock green. It looked awesome, but I have the attention span of a goldfish and wanted to change it. After trying futilely to get the green out, I dyed over it with an indigo.
A) what kind of fashion can I aim for that won't make me look like a complete shithead with bright hair colors
B) what should I do about roots? My natural hair color is between an ash 5-6 so letting it grow out looks ultra shitty.
>>
>>9261754
cute. do something more cohesive with your bangs though. also maybe do a few treatment masks on your hair to make it look less dry. also shape your eyebrows a bit more. overall i actually think you look really cute platinum blonde!
>>
As someone fairly new to having long hair, is there anything I should know about haircare? I've noticed its been getting tangled easily lately.
>>
>>9263336
If it's frizzy or dry, try protein and moisture treatments (interchangeably, not all at once. Just to see what your hair responds to, and what it needs. If you have the money, go to a salon or a hair school to get a consultant who knows what the hell they are doing and follow their advice in that aspect.) As far as I know, protein and moisture are the only way to have "healthier" hair (hair is already dead)

If you don't want to cut off most of your hair at once, take care and kind of focus on the new growth while slowly cutting off the pod ends.

Oh and the general rules still apply, healthy and pretty body on the inside, makes for healthy hair/body on the outside!

>>9248358
What do you gulls recommend for a relatively inexpensive hair/blowdryer?

I have very course and dense 4 type hair that usually doesn't cooperate with me. ESPECIALLY after wash day because it shrinks and tangles so much (think armpit length shrinking all the way up to me ear or jaw if I allow it)!

I want to actually attempt cute j-fash inspired styles without torturing and tiring myself out before I begin the day so I want to stretch my hair with heat/cool air.

I've been eying that handleless blowdryer by Kiss because I figured it might be easier on the arms. However, I've been hearing mixed reviews (mostly good, but some bad ones mixed in there) about it.
>>
Didn't see a wig thread so I guess I'll just post my question here.

Anyone have experience with riding a roller coaster with a wig on?
Any tips so that it doesn't just fly off or is that inevitable on fast coasters?
>>
I have a patch of hair on the back of my head where my hair is really greasy and stiff, even a few hours after showering. anyone know what causes this, and how I can fix this?
>>
File: pink.jpg (43KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
43KB, 500x488px
I need to achieve about this level of pink for my next cosplay. I have a darkbrown/copper-ish tone and really silky hair (like any kind of hairpin won't stay in my hair).

Is there anyway the basic childrens spray-on-shower-out hairspray would stay in my hair and cover my dark colour? I have heard something about making a "basecoat" of hairspray or gel, but could really use some solid advice.
>>
>>9270309
Buy a wig.
>>
I just picked up Mane n Tail conditioner (yes, the one for horses. when I used to ride my instructor told me she used it on her hair and i thought that was so weird) because it was on sale at my local beauty store, and I really liked it. It was very moisturizing on my heavily bleached hair and pretty much instantly untangled it in the shower. I'd put it in my top two drugstore conditioners, the other being Herbal Essence Coconut
>>
>>9270309
buy a wig.
spray on color does not work
you will never get the volume you need
you will never get the shade you want
buy a damn wig.
>>
File: just an idea.jpg (145KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
just an idea.jpg
145KB, 640x640px
>>9267723
Don't wash it every day. Two to three times a week is better.
Shampoo your roots, condition the ends.
You need to brush/detangle in a way that suits your hair type - curly girls often do their detangling damp with conditioner in and use a wide tooth comb rather than a brush; my hair is dead straight and gets brushed every morning.

>>9269983
Don't do it.

>>9266907
You could try more gothic looks or just generic street fashion. No idea what your colouring suits but if it was me I'd be trying for something like pic related

>>9264767
You haven't really given me much info on how you style it. Do you use a serum or anything when you blow dry? Do you make sure your hair has cooled a bit before you tip your head back upright? I use a kerastase styling serum (not specifically volumising) and find it helps my blow dry 'hold' more. If you find the weight of your hair pulls it flatter, maybe try french braids or rag curls overnight for more volume.
>>
I have really cool, extremely pale skin and naturally gold blonde hair. It doesn't look good. A stylist I know told me most barber shops can't do ashy hair well.
Any seagulls who successfully got rid of golden undertones in their hair?
I'm already using silver shampoo.
>>
>>9271048
Have you tried using one of the rinses for grey hair that are supposed to get rid of brassy tones? I would try either that, Special Effects Toner or diluting one of the semi-permanent blue hair dyes like SFX blue haired freak with conditioner to make a blue toner. You may end up with pastel hair with the latter if you don't dilute it enough. Depending on how light your blonde is you could also lift it another shade with a bleach cap or 10vol bleach then tone it yourself.
>>
>>9261453
kay answering my own question, you have to take them out to wear a wig
>>
Welp. I decided to lop off waist-length hair into a pseudo-Sabrina/Audrey Hepburn pixie.

I.. Wasn't really considering lolita and be disdain for wigs when I did it. Does anybody have some pictures of cute pixie cuts in j-fash?
>>
File: QSHxXzM.jpg (606KB, 1840x1088px) Image search: [Google]
QSHxXzM.jpg
606KB, 1840x1088px
>>
I have really dark hair and I'm thinking of going to a silver or white, and then just using a spray dye whenever I want to switch it up.

Currently my hair is about waist length, but I plan on cutting it to about chin length when I decide to go through with it.

I'm really nervous about it, especially with the cost of maintenance,
>>
File: url.jpg (11KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11KB, 223x226px
has anyone tried these and gotten results? i've always wanted to because i hate taking pills and already take gummy vitamins.
>>
>>9264767
i have a similar cut and my hair gets volume when i either:
- curl it inwards with a bubble wand
- use some dry shampoo
- use volumizing shampoo in the shower
- fluff it and hairspray it
>>
File: fairy emily winter.jpg (2MB, 979x1474px) Image search: [Google]
fairy emily winter.jpg
2MB, 979x1474px
What is ridiculously long? At what point do you get to "oh shit, that girl has some long hair"?
I have nearly hip length hair, but I don't know if it's really that striking yet.
>>
>>9271727
I would say anything past shoulder length. Mine is to my ass and I constantly get people commenting on it if I wear it down.
>>
>>9271734
i've always wanted long hair, but it grows so slow for me. do you have any recs to grow healthy long hair?
>>
>>9271792
Not really, mine has always grown fairly fast, so it's probably just genetics for me. I mean, I shaved down one side earlier this year (probably around July) and it's already grown about 5 inches.

I just wash every two or three days, air dry, and use a bit of oil maybe once a week if I feel like it's drying out or getting too tangle prone. If I see dead ends, I go in for a trim, but I'm not on a schedule or anything.
>>
>>9271792
Think of how long you want your hair to be and how much you want to possibly change your life to devote to your hair.

There's different trimming techniques, brushes vs combing, and then bristle/teeth materials, and completely rethinking how shampoo and conditioner should be used.

At the same time, long hair can be pretty rad for reasons that are hard to explain

try going as hard as you can for a few months, and then if it doesn't work out, then just trim off the length of your hair that didn't make it to your standards and try maintaining that instead.
>>
>>9271727
Depends on the country and what hairstyles are like. Here "oh shit long" is probably waist length or longer, many young girls will have hair that is mid back length but most women don't go much past below shoulder length
>>
>>9248358
Where do you live where it costs that much? I have very dark brown, almost black hair, and my root bleaching to platinum only costs $60-$70 depending on how much regrowth I have. Have you considered shopping around at a different salon? Because that is really unusually expensive.
>>
>>9261754
Kind of reminds me of Debbie Harry a bit. But like the other gulls said fix your bangs
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 550x775px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 550x775px
I've never done anything with my hair in my life before besides brush it and the shampoo+conditioner combo. It's also never smooth the way I see other girls have it. How would I go about maintaining and styling my hair like pic related? What would I need to do or buy?
I'm Asian by the way, don't know if that would affect the hair routine or not. My hair is currently bob length and I usually cut it myself. If I went to get a haircut would I just show them the picture?
>>
Gulls, how do you style your hair daily?
>>
>>9272123
I have to have it up for work so it is literally up into a ponytail and go

>>9271591
I wouldn't do it if you have any doubts. Also spray dyes look like shit and you might not be able to get them out of dyed-silver hair as your hair will be more porous from all the bleach.

>>9271565
Hats are your friend.
See http://mariedauphine.tumblr.com/ and
http://chlora-virgo.tumblr.com/
Not quite pixie but definitely short.
>>
>>9271565
>>9272220
I really want to do this, but I'm torn on whether or not I'd look like hot trash and have nobody to ask.

Is it appropriate to selfpost here?
>>
File: 1447710390664.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1447710390664.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
I've never done a lot of girly things (wear makeup, do my hair), but I want to learn some stuff.

The top of my hair is always flat on my head. I call it a Christmas tree look-flat on top, and as it goes down it gets bushier and fluffier. I can't seem to get the hair right on my scalp to fluff up at all. Any suggestions?
>>
This is more of a wig question but has to do with natural hair too. I have thick natural hair that almost goes to my waist at the back, and past my chest in the front. I really want to do a look with ultra long braids, but I don't wear wigs. I have only used clip on pig tails and they ended up being same lenght as my natural hair...What kind of extentions would be good to get ultra long braids?
>>
Is it normal for your hairline to slightly change? I'm 22 and just noticed my hairline has gained a bit of a widow's peak. I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it becomes more extreme, but I'm definitely concerned already.
>>
>>9273504
Heat styling (blow drying, look up tutorials on how to get volume) or back combing.

>>9273726
If you can find synthetic fibre extensions that are designed for braiding and can be braided into your hair (like what many black women use for their braids) that might work? I've never seen clip ons longer than about waist length.
>>
How often should I wash my hair if I have bangs?Currently I wash it every day, because if I don't they get oily and disgusting. I was told to only wash it 3-4 times a week, though.

How do I go about this? Wash only the bangs? Help me gulls.
>>
>>9273504
Blow drying will definitely help, and/or you can also use thickening/volumizing hairspray to help floof things help. Grab a bunch of hair and hold it out, spritz the roots, wait a few seconds for it to dry a little, and put it back in place before going into the next chunk.
>>
>>9273726
There are various methods that you can use to weave in loose synthetic/human hair extensions into braids online. It's possibly worth looking up methods that historical reenactors use for similar means, to recreate historical hair styles. There's a three-strand weave method tutorial on youtube. I can't remember the name of the methods off the top of my head, other than iirc it begins with 'p'. I hope that helps.
>>
>>9274499
Yup, just wash your bangs.
>>
>>9274499
dry shampoo
>>
>>9272063

How does your hair fare when it comes to curling/volume? I have really straight flat asian hair from my mom's side, and it's really tricky to curl/add volume and keep it this way. Usually no-heat overnight methods work better than irons for me, although I feel like this hairdo would more likely need some playing around with a flat iron, maybe a tiny bit of back combing and a bunch of hairspray if i was to attempt it on myself.
>>
I recently had a bit of a hair flub, was wondering if anyone had some tips
>was very annoyed at the drastic difference between my ash brown roots and warm tones blonde hair
>decided to buy dark ash blond box dye to have that nice dark to light fade from my roots to the rest
>hair gods didn't wanna bless me, roots went a golden brown and the middle bit went the correct colour and the ends went grey
>kinda like it, but wanna fix the goldenness at the top

Long story short, considering using wella's 050 toner to get my roots back to an ashier colour like the rest of my hair, but will toner work over top of box dye?
>>
>>9274499
I agree with >>9274690, though if you wash your hair less your hair will stop producing the oils as much. Essentially, because you wash the natural oils off your hair every day, your body thinks it needs to mass produce this oil because it is essential for hair health. Hence, you have constantly oily hair. If you wash it less, your body will calm down on the amount of oil it produces and you won't need to wash as often.
Also, as for your bangs, try and make sure you wash your face (especially under your bangs!) at least once a day, or twice if you're prone to oily skin.
>>
File: MTIzNjEzMTg5NzM2MjAzNzkw.jpg (96KB, 620x826px) Image search: [Google]
MTIzNjEzMTg5NzM2MjAzNzkw.jpg
96KB, 620x826px
How can I style my bangs so they look full and smooth and actually lie on my forehead? The way they're cut is pretty similar to this picture, but the way they naturally settle is to split down my hairline. They start pointing in all sorts of directions if I haven't brushed them in the last 5 seconds. What do I do?
>>
File: C11959-1.jpg (38KB, 469x324px) Image search: [Google]
C11959-1.jpg
38KB, 469x324px
>>9275409
when they're wet, wrap them around a hair roller, anon.
>>
>>9275703
Do you let them dry like that? And if you shower at night, is it okay to just wet your bangs in the morning and put them in the roller?
>>
Is wig talk allowed here?

I have a BL rhapsody wig that I straightened out a while ago. It straightened with no issues at all, but now that I want to curl it, I can't get it to curl no matter what.
Heat won't even phase it, even on the highway setting on my iron.
Wetting it and putting in curlers didn't help. Hairspraying with curlers didn't work either

What the hell is this thing made out of?
>>
>>9275775
*highest setting
>>
>>9275409
curl with a hair iron and brush out
>>
Any recommendations to help with thickness and volume
>>
>>9271699
they are normal vitamins but with a nice packaging. It's called good marketing.
>>
File: WIN_20161022_17_06_19_Pro.jpg (108KB, 770x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161022_17_06_19_Pro.jpg
108KB, 770x720px
What is the consensus on no bangs in lolita? I think it's pretty cute and I'm trying to make it work, but I would appreciate some input. I have the worst luck with wigs and I can never seem to find the right ones, they just look lumpy on me.
>>
>>9277339
also sorry for the low quality image!
>>
>>9277339
I feel like to pull it off you need to have really immaculate hair. Your hair could possibly work in the right coord, you just need some good products (lots of info above) to make the ends look better. I find it looks better with an old-school coord.
>>
>>9275775
For curls to set in a wig, they need to cool down in the right shape. So hot irons, moisture or styling product alone won't cut it. Try putting it in rollers or pincurls and then pouring boiling water over it (look up boiling water method) and let it dry over a few days. Then spray the curls after letting them out and arranging them.
>>
>>9275409
Blow dry over a small round brush.

>>9274743
It will work to a point. Hard to say how well it will work on the colour that you currently have.
>>
>>9272123
Bun or two plaits, my hair is curly and at hip length so I try not to wear it out unless it's blowdried so ot tangles less. But even then, it gets caught on things so it's usually back to a bun.
>>
>>9277339
IMO i works better if your hair is voluminous, like yours seems to be, than if i is limp and straight as a line like mine is. Along those lines you should probably keep it around the length you have, because I think the longer it gets the less styled it will look. You should look up some cute no-bang hair styles, idk if you'd be interested but the larme thread has a no-bang hair inspo dump every once in awhile so you could check the archives for that.
Do bangs look bad on you? your forehead doesn't look too big in your pic so it looks like you pull off no bangs well, but just curious if youve tried bangs at all.
>>
>>9271591
Confirm for spray dyes actually dying pale hair
I have light golden blonde, very porous, used a pink spray on my tips and had pink hair until I got it trimmed off
>>
>>9272123
Hair hits the bottom of my shoulder blades. I work outdoors so I always have it in a ponytail with sideswept bangs. Otherwise I wear it down and straight or puffy pigtail braids if I have a hat on.
>>
>>9275703
>hair tutorial
>girl in the after picture has a wig on instead of the hair she was styling

fucking asians
>>
>>9261453
I wear tape extensions constantly. If you have fine hair, the removal will wreck your hair. Otherwise, put your hair into two low ponies at the base of your skull, then braid and pin it up. You have to keep the tape flat if you're going to wear a wig cap and wig.
>>
>>9272033
I'm in the USA, Pacific Northwest. I couldn't really say what the hairstyles are like around here.
>>
>>9277339
I have no problem with the lack of bangs, but that split in the middle kind of look looks like a kindergarten girl who' mom doesn't love enough to give her a proper haircut.
If you're gonna go without bangs, I suggest you do a Fanny Rosie kind of look.
>>
>>9271727
The pic you posted is ridiculous for me, specially when it's worn down. There's a girl whose name I don't remember but she has really long hair and wears it braided and it looks really good. I'll see if I can find a picture so my comment makes more sense.
>>
File: IMG_3003.jpg (152KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3003.jpg
152KB, 500x749px
>>9278726
>>
>>9278733
How does one get such thick-ish and long hair like that? Do you have to have good genetics or are you just shit out of luck?

I'm trying to grow my hair just to my waist, but it's finely textured and prone to getting oily (also it's blonde which might not help?) so I may rethink it and just wallow in my terrible thin hair.
>>
>>9278756
Look on The long hair community. Thickness of hair is genetic but there is stuff you can do to help care for it while you're growing it.
>>
>>9271033
>Don't wash it every day

That's not possible for some people if you don't want to look absolutely revolting.
>>
>>9278859
You only look revolting because you wash it every day. Use some dry shampoo, wait it out until at least day 3. It should stop getting so greasy over time
>>
>>9278859
It's only not possible because your scalp is overproducing oil in response to being stripped of it with shampoo every day. Even if you work/live in an environment where your hair gets gross (e.g. people smoke, dirt, you get sweaty etc), you can usually manage this with dry shampoo, covering your hair and selectively washing or rinsing areas that get more oily like bangs.
>>
>>9271727
i think it depends on if you actually DO something with it too?

Like if you just always do the same tired thing with it day after day, why keep it so long? Just cut it off to a shinier, healthier length.

Super long hair should only be for those who can actually create something cool and different with it.

Of course also if you can keep it healthy....
>>
>>9277505
>because western magazines don't bullshit hair at all
>>
>>9271727
I'm currently growing out my hair because I love doing intricate braids and updos, but it's too thick to do anything with it unless it's at least past shoulder length. I'm already getting comments about how long my hair is getting and it's only to mid-boob length right now. For reference, I'm in the US.
>>
File: orphan-movie-2009-poster.jpg (66KB, 574x428px) Image search: [Google]
orphan-movie-2009-poster.jpg
66KB, 574x428px
>>9277339

You look you're trying to cosplay Esther from the Orphan.

On a more serious note though I always feel like people pulling off bangless twintails look even more childlike, especially when pulled up high like that. Maybe because I associate those with my own experience with my mom where she would try to make my ponytail as tight as possible.
>>
I am heavily considering getting extensions. What are the best ones to go with?
>>
>>9277475
>curly and at hip length
How? My hair is curly and everything below my shoulders is horrible no matter how gentle I am, how expensive products and tools I use. Is it just my maximum length?
>>
>>9279293
Esther was pretty stylish though!
>>
>>9280128
Some long hair/curly hair tips for general use:

>Stop using silicones
>stop using sulphates
>Keep heat styling to a minimum
>make sure you sleep with it in a plait. Every night, no exceptions.
>metal free, soft hair ties. Don't know how many times I've had to explain that using actual elastic bands is awful for your hair
>DO NOT BRUSH OR GO TO SLEEP WITH WET HAIR. EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
>Get a wide tooth/afro comb and use for detangling, a boar bristle brush for finishing
>Search and destroy split ends, cut them off one by one about an inch above. you can keep length whilst stopping splits from spreading.

I guarantee most people do two or three of the things on the above list, some people do all of them, which when combined damages your hair and stops it from growing.

Also, most people can only have two of the three: Long hair, dyed hair or heat styled hair. If you're growing out your hair, and get extensions, you will ruin it and never end up with naturally long hair.
>>
>>9277505
I feel like my whole existence is a lie
>>
>>9279206
there's a difference in shooped hair in magazine spreads and switching from your real hair to a wig in a tutorial jfc
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1000x750px
Would getting an undercut help make wigs more natural looking?
I've got real long hair and a low and wispy nape so you can always see the blonde when I wear shorter wigs.
My hair also mats (like a cat) at the nape, so I'm thinking an undercut would decrease the amount of hair I rip out while brushing.
>>
>>9272063
My hairstyle is basically that except I've got very thick hair so it might be different for you. My hair dresser told me to tussle my hair while blow drying and then use a sea salt styling spray to keep the messiness in place. It's worked well for me so far. For smooth hair I just use cold water at the end of my shower and it makes it smooth and shiny.
>>
>>9280216
Solid tips thanks
>>
>>9281051
hmmm... I guess it would? I have several cosplay friends who have an undercut and they do seem to have an easier time with wigs.

bonus: you can realistically cosplay undercut hair cuts (if you're into cosplay)
>>
>>9281051
Just shave off the wispy hairs on your temple, hairline, and the nape of your neck. Getting a full-on undercut's a pretty big dedication, especially if you have really long hair. Think about how long it'll take for it to grow back to the same length, or having to chop the rest of your hair to match it.

I'd recommend just shaving your neck first, and cutting more if you feel comfortable and it makes a difference. Related: I have a very short forehead, and I plucked and waxed about 1 1/2 inches off my hairline over about 2 weeks. Now my fringe lays much better, is less thick, and my face proportions look better. This way you have a better grasp of how much you want off, and if you regret it it's not a big sacrifice.
>>
>>9281051
Do what >>9282832 says, unless you really want an undercut in general.

I shave my nape and bits of my hairline with an eyebrow razor for general purposes, and it's pretty simple. (Shaving your entire face with it is also great for skincare and makeup application as well. You also get to be simultaneously grossed out and amused by all the gunk you'll scrape off.)
>>
>>9279154
>Like if you just always do the same tired thing with it day after day, why keep it so long?
This! It is such a pet peeve of mine when girls have long hair and do nothing with it. I'm in a professional program in the US and one of my classmates has hip-length hair and she always just puts it in the same cone-shaped bun or a single braid. By the end of the semester everyone's looks go down the drain but she's styled her hair like that from day 1.

One of my former co-workers had beautiful, naturally straight and fairly thick hair. She'd always show up with intricate braids and everyone would post hair tutorials on her Facebook for her to try.
>>
People with lots of hair who wear wigs: what is your go-to strategy for putting your hair in a wig cap without any noticeable bumps? I've tried a few methods that I looked up on YouTube, but it would either make my head look too big or too deformed.
>>
>>9272063
Two low pigtails, or two braids. Sometimes a single higher ponytail if I want to wear a big bow. Occasionally I just wear it loose. Always blowdry/flatiron bangs though.
>>
>>9284992
Sorry meant to reply to >>9272123
>>
>>9264767
I have really flat fine hair that doesn't have any volume either! The only thing that's worked for me without giving it a horrible crunchy texture is the Living Proof Full line. Their root lifter spray is great, I blow my hair upside down too and it'll last for 3ish days until I wash my hair again. (I do put it up in a braid or bun when I sleep though.) My hair is waist length if that helps
>>
File: locksoflovegray.jpg (116KB, 1022x594px) Image search: [Google]
locksoflovegray.jpg
116KB, 1022x594px
>>9279154
>>9283053
This
>>
>>9279213
Where in the US are you? My hair is well past my tits (it's down to my waist) and people rarely comment on my hair length, even though I wear it down almost always. Long hair doesn't seem too uncommon around here.
>>
File: TK-2012-05-26-010-002-Harajuku.jpg (201KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
TK-2012-05-26-010-002-Harajuku.jpg
201KB, 853x1280px
What would you call this sort of hime cut-esque hair style popular with a lot of lolitas and in jfashion? How would you go about cutting these side pieces properly? I just cut mone but it looks too blunt, I want more of a soft point.
>>
>>9279154
>>9283053
Why does someone's hair length bother you if they're not doing what you think they should :^)?
>>
>>9285550
Because they're not doing what I think they should. Yes, it's petty but I never dare actually confront people and tell them they don't deserve their long hair because they don't do anything with it. We all have our own pet peeves, some are just more petty than others.
>>
>>9285355
Damn, that girl looks 50. Kinda gross
>>
>>9285873
Point is her hair, not her face, unhelpful anon
>>
>>9278903
>>9278935
>use dry shampoo
>hair gets even greasier
>>
>>9285355
Slice into them vertically rather than cutting straight across
>>
>>9261779
It's definitely her brow shape and possibly shitty filters/shitty photo
>>
>>9264767
You likely have FINE hair (the word you're looking for) like I do. My hair is pin straight and lies flat against my head because it's very fine. I use a sorta spray/serum by I think Not Your Mother's. There's one specifically for fine hair to volumize it, so it won't weigh it down. Too much product, especially product not meant for fine hair, will weigh it down and probably make it look greasy too.

Use it when your hair is damp (So either spray it if it's dry or towel dry after a shower), spray in your hands, rub it together, flip your head over, and rub it into the ends of your hair ONLY. If you've ever watched someone scrunch their hair (back with that style was popular, that "always wet" hair look from like ten years ago), do that but focus on the ends. Don't put it on your scalp.
Then tousal your hair (avoid the scalp again) and wash your hands. I usually then just brush it out upside down after my hair dries a little more and style my bangs and I'm good. It adds a lot of volume with such a little product without making my hair look greasy or crunchy.

If you go to a good salon they can possibly point you to other products too and show you how to use them. You can tell them your budget if the salon products are too much money and ask for alternatives too.
>>
>>9271699
Just take biotin. I take them occasionally. It tastes sweet (actually tastes exactly like my lactase pills from puritans pride lol), they're tiny, and seem to be made of coconut oil so they aren't a chalky pill or a capsule or a gummy, you just swallow a tiny smooth pellet.

I took them for three months then forgot about them when they fell behind my bed (used to take them before bed) and my hair still looks fucking amazing. If you take biotin it's good for your skin and nails too not just your hair. Idk what's in the one you linked.

Mine were $10 for a pretty good sized bottle (like 50+ capsules)
>>
>>9275763
No, it's not allowed. The hair police will come knock on your door if you do that.

Don't be fucking stupid. Yes it's okay as long as it ends up looking good. You can curl your hair with a fucking bunch of spoons as long as you don't damage your hair and it ends up looking good and no one is going to argue with you.

I usually wash just my bangs in the sink in the morning to style them because they get greasy fast (anxiety + fine hair + fiddling with my bangs a lot :( ) so as long as you give yourself enough time to do it, you can do it whenever.
>>
>>9285550
>>9285864
I'm the same way. A friend of mine has gorgeous hair down to her ass but always wears it in a bun. If you're not going to do anything with it, why bother when all you do is COMPLAIN about the length? (She does anyway).

Know what I did when my hair, which was asslength, got too annoying and I was only wearing it up all the time? I fucking cut it so I'd actually look cute.

That said anon, why does what we think on the internet anonymously bother YOU so much? :)
>>
File: melty_mouthful.jpg (55KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
melty_mouthful.jpg
55KB, 564x752px
>>9287523
>why does what we think on the internet anonymously bother YOU so much? :)
Because I seek approval from you salty birds.

Nah, JP. At the end of the day everyone does what they want to do and no one should judge them otherwise (except when they're causing harm in some way). I hope I'm not coming off as too cringey or anything. I also don't like leaving questions unanswered, even if they're hypothetical.
>>
>>9287704
You might have OCD my friend, might wanna get that in check.

Thing is, this is 4chan. Wrong place if you want people to not be judgemental. Worse yet, you're on a board populated by young women. You get too many girls in one place and all the cattiness and salt comes pouring out.
>>
>>9285864
I honestly don't get why you would want to grow your hair long in the first place, if not to DO something with it. Maybe that's just me? I used to keep mine shoulder length (Sort of minimum for a sloppy ponytail) but once I learned about the cool and awesome things I could do with it, I started to grow it. Dunno, to me it would be like having some really cool burando dress and never styling it differently and always wearing the same with it... Make sense?
>>
>>9285355
I'd like to thank the Anon who posted this. I've been feeling tired tonight and figured "I'd just lie here on the couch with the laptop and skip my full moisturizing routine for my skin". Well, I'm off to get my essence, serum, ampoule and a nice vitamin C oil now. Thank you Anon.
>>
>>9278756
it's all genetic lottery
>>
So I got about a quarter of my head shaved last year because I wanted to try the partially shaved look and it was terrible on me. Now I have part of my head with only a few inches of hair and the rest is down to midback, but it's really not noticeable since it was only a small bit on the side of my head. I'm really wondering if I should trim it all short next year and let it restart growing or leave it long and just let the short bits grow back to length

>>9271699
Generally most vitamins are pretty much the same, just look at the ingredients list when you buy. I take fish oil and biotin at my old stylist's recommendation and I did notice some difference way down the line. It's important to remember that the hair you already have won't change, it's new hair that grows that will change.

>>9287909
Most girls don't know how to do anything with their hair, or don't feel like putting in the effort. I still get surprised when I see people out in public with makeup but I'm just vain
>>
>>9288411
If your hair is in good shape just leave it long.
>>
I'm usually pretty lazy with styling my hair since I have decent thickness and Asian straightness, but my mother is always saying that if I don't change my hair part line it'll give me a bald spot? Is there truth to this or is it just Asian mother myths?
>>
File: IMG_4847.jpg (152KB, 961x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4847.jpg
152KB, 961x961px
Anonymous 12/14/16(Wed)12:16:05 No.12050453â–¶>>12050486 >>12050594
File: IMG_4847.jpg (152 KB, 961x961)
152 KB
okay so I'm going to get my roots dyed and my hair done tomorrow and I want a new haircut. My hair is pretty long right now and I'm willing to cut it to any length. I'm mostly looking for advice on what would suit my face I guess.

Also, I really want an undercut/Hitler's youth haircut and I need someone to tell me what that would look like on my face.
>>
>>9270309
Get a wig.
I shared a hotel room with a girl who sprayed on color for a cosplay. It was red and I felt the need to tip the maid extra because everything in the bathroom ended up in 5 coats of that shit color.
It really downgraded her cosplay too and rubbed off on it.
Get a wig.
>>
>>9288504
Asian mother myth. If you put traction on your hair parting (e.g. you always pull your hair into really tight pigtails) then yes it can lead to a bald spot, but not if you just leave it out.
>>
File: N0A5325.jpg (436KB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
N0A5325.jpg
436KB, 1800x1013px
tips on making plopping look less stupid?

inb4 >it doesn't matter how it looks
I know, but I feel like I look so ridiculous plopping that I avoid doing it even though it makes my hair look way better. I'd rather not have to go through my evening routine looking ridiculous or push my bath to the end of the list.

I'm thinking night caps and bonnets. Any cute ones?
>>
>>9289206
wow what a fat cow
>>
>>9273959
tl;dr - If you are a male, you are becoming a full fledged man.

Are you a male? The hairline slowly recedes (matures) between 17 to 27. This is completely natural. You are not going bald. It is only baldness if the hairline begins to slowly recede a second time at 30-50 years of age.
>>
File: maturingline.png (295KB, 552x410px) Image search: [Google]
maturingline.png
295KB, 552x410px
Here is a helpful picture to show the maturing hairline in males. This picture also showcases different styles. This man's hairline matured earlier then most people.
>>
I shaved the side of my head a while ago and I love it. The rest of my hair is chin-length and purple. I'm thinking of getting an undercut because I'm currently into a more "masculine" kind of styling (like pic related maybe). I'm a bit unsure, though, as to what jfash styles may be better suited to this hairstyle (or shorter/shaved hairstyles in general, as I don't see many examples in jfash). I'd appreciate any examples of similar haircuts in jfash!
>>
>>9290602
I don't have pics but I feel like it'd work really well with ouji and egl!
>>
>>9290338
What about just finding yourself a cute printed towel or t-shirt to use? Night cap over the top or old-school bathing/shower cap would also work.
>>
I have fine white girl hair. Is wearing clip on bangs or extensions going to look weird? The human hair is often purchased from people with thicker hair it seems.
I am just starting to look into it so any pointers or good research points would be helpful.
>>
>>9290338
I second what the other anon said, just find a cute printed t-shirt specifically for plopping.

Otherwise, suck it the fuck up. You already look your worst getting ready for bed or up in the morning so why does it matter that much to you?

I sat in my living room last night with two pigtails of plastic wrap while I dyed my hair (Bright very staining color I didn't want to get on my couch) and my husband came out and didn't even say anything about it, but your stupid ass is self-conscious about a tshirt.

Either do it or suck it up or find a way to make it cuter through a designed fabric.

From what I googled, is there any reason you can't take your bath while you plop? Make it part of a relaxation routine. No one should be coming in on you in the bath anyway unless you have kids right?
>>
>>9289206
You don't look like a fat cow you just have an angular face.

That said, don't call it a hitler youth haircut, what are you, an edgy middleschooler?
>>
Advice for styling straight across bangs?

I have a problem where they either split where my hair parts on the side, or end up looking stringy throughout the day. i have fine, oily hair and usually wash my bangs every day even though I leave the rest alone and wash every few days (I've noticed it's a lot less oily this way) but my bangs still don't cooperate longer than an hour or two just brushing them out.
>>
>>9289206
Aaahaha. Still sucking cock for weed, Jem? I guess you're finally 18, so you can start whoring yourself properly now!

>>9290343
I'm not sure if you're a general shitposter or also recognize her.
>>
>>9297217
See replies to >>9275409
>>
>>9290625
Seconding this! Also if it's a pastel purple like the pic, maybe you could work it into Larme? There's a lot of button-up shirts, leather, lace and loose pants going on in there.
>>
>>9261620
I can't say that I'm experienced with hair care but my hair has been damaged due to an eating disorder and I bought the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner and it's been working wonders. My hair has become softer, shinier and fuller. Strongly recommended!
>>
>>9289206
>Hitler's youth
this is not /fa
>>
I'm afraid I'm going bald. My hairline/scalp is getting patchy and every time I shower or brush my hair I find dozens of hair strands coming out. Not chunks, but still a lot more than normal. I can cover up most of the bad spots but I'm afraid it wont be long before I cant do that anymore. I'm female. I'm only 25. I have PCOS and I take birth control for it, both of which I've heard contribute to hair loss. I've been working on losing weight in hopes the PCOS will go away, but I still have a long while before I can reach a healthy weight.

I honestly don't know what to do. Do I need to see a doctor? Do I take something like rogaine? Will biotin help? Is there some kind of food I should be eating? I really don't want to go bald.
>>
I have dyed my natural dark brown hair black for about a year now. I may want to let a hairdresser dye it ash blonde. How fucked am I money/damage wise?
>>
>>9297783
Start with making sure you're getting enough protein and consider a multivitamin. I'd see your doctor after the holiday period as that does sound quite alarming, they can check for nutritional and other hormone issues causing it

>>9297786
Very. $300+ and don't ever expect your hair texture to be the same.
>>
>>9297786
From personal experience take your time with it if you choose to go ash blonde and bleach it all in one session. My hair is still super fucked up from a shitty hairdresser doing that and it was over a year ago (for reference my hair is chin length).

On a related note, my hair is a lot healthier and better looking after using some of the loreal pro fibre products but there are a few strands of my hair that are (for lack of better word) pube-y. I'm guessing it's due to split ends travelling up the hair shaft or something, but is there anyway to stop it spreading to the healthy growth? I'm guessing I need to cut them? Also trying to grow out some short layers which doesn't help. And has anyone tried Kiehl's Sunflower Recovery Pak?
>>
>>9298099
*don't bleach it all in once session
>>
>>9298099

Split ends can't really be glued back together (not yet, anyway), so yes, you'll probably need to cut the already split bits off.

You also need to regularly moisturise your hair. It may be dead, doesn't mean it's not going to dry out and split if all you use on it is shampoo and conditioner. Do a hair mask once a week, eg put coconut oil or yogurt in it, leave it in for a while then wash it out. You could also add a leave-in conditioner to your routine and see if it helps.
>>
>>9298099
If you can, cut the frizzy bits at the point where there's normal hair left. They're an indicator of damage like split ends. You don't have to cut all of your hair, only the bits that are doing that.
>>
File: bnbru36[1].jpg (48KB, 508x615px) Image search: [Google]
bnbru36[1].jpg
48KB, 508x615px
>>9248358
I'm getting this haircut because I'm chopping off most of my fried bleached hair (it was dip dyed pink and it was fucking expensive to get it dyed but it's ruined hair now lmao).

Do you have any tips for styling it?
>>
>>9277339
On a similar note, anyone here have examples of cute hairstyles for fairy kei/mahou kei if you don't have bangs? I usually wear wigs but I'd like to be able to do something nice with my real hair for once. Used to try pigtails but have to agree that they don't really look good without bangs.
>>
>>9299586
Honestly, I cut my hair like this for 2-3 years and I never styled it, desu.
Maybe it's just because of my hair type but just blow drying it kept it neat.
Worse comes to worst, straighten the front pieces and let the back do it's thing if it's not too unruly?

Just know, it's annoying to then try to grow your hair out from this because you have to get it all back to one cohesive length.

Pic related, that's me when I had my hair cut like that.
>>
>>9302086
take it easy on the skin blurring
>>
>>9254154

You just straighten your bangs and the front pieces of your hair and then separate the rest into ponytails.

If you have curly hair, you'll have to straighten all of it, but if not then you can just style the ponytails. I suggest teasing it with a comb and using a lot of hairspray. If that doesn't work, try some gel.

Also, this type of hairstyle works better with dirty hair. I'm talking 2 or 3 days of unwashed hair. It's easier to style.
>>
>>9302086
please tell me you've learned how to do your eye makeup since this photo was taken
>>
>>9302086
someone thinks they're ramona flowers
>>
>>9302133
I was playing around with an app I downloaded. The "auto" feature over processed it but that's the only photo I had of my hair like that.

>>9302145
I've invested in better, "easier to apply without looking like a racoon trying to get the wings to match" eyeliner, if that's what you mean.

>>9302212
Why does everyone say that? (I know you're being sarcastic)
That movie was shit and it's not a compliment.
>>
File: 20-Asymmetrical-Hairstyles_08.jpg (48KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
20-Asymmetrical-Hairstyles_08.jpg
48KB, 500x702px
Asymmetrical bobs - yay or nae

I have a strong bone structure and a concave bob looked good so I'm thinking about mixing it up a little
>>
Has anyone bought a lacefront from Arda recently?
I bought two imladris wigs from them for a play several years ago and lace was really thick and hard and literally nothing like lace. I know they've added descriptions on their lacefronts recently but I'm still concerned.
>>
File: emo.jpg (116KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
emo.jpg
116KB, 636x960px
What's the blackest, semi-permanent hair dye out there?

I have brown, virgin hair and want to get that 2007, black nails and eyeliner, on-my-way-to-the-MCR-concert look. Pic related af. Also posted in FA
>>
>>9306889
If it's semi-permanent it's not going to stay at "blackest" for very long, I wouldn't be too picky unless you're committing to permanent
>>
File: tumblr_lsrk7emyfX1qdaibjo1_400.jpg (81KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsrk7emyfX1qdaibjo1_400.jpg
81KB, 395x500px
my hair is a bob that's shorter in the back. the hair is naturally straight, thick, but really difficult to get any volume into.

what would be best to get some volume? I've tried blow drying, dry schampoo, sprays, clay, mists....but after 2 hours it just looks flat again. wat do, gulls?
>>
>>9310893
May not work at all with the style, but I have thin, straight hair that rebels against all attempts to put volume in it. The only success I've had is with curling it, and having it brushed out into loose waves which at least creates the appearance of more hair. (If you have issues with it staying curly/wavy, try styling it in a way where it can sit overnight. With shorter hair you could easily use curlers etc, whereas with longer hair I resort to a bun and curl the top layers in the morning)

If that's not your style, you could always try switching up your shampoo/conditioner? Some brands have weighed down my hair more than others in the past.
>>
I have a terrible combo of fine, thin brown hair and light skin. This occasionally creates problems where my white scalp shows through and it looks very ugly. With updos I have to spend a lot of time because if I put the hair up causally it will definitely show lots of scalp.

Anyone have any tips on what to do about this? Or any tips on ways to style hair like mine?
>>
File: 1316639928132.jpg (44KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1316639928132.jpg
44KB, 500x411px
>tfw 24 and have thinning/balding hair just above my temples
Do any other gulls suffer from this? Is it normal?
>>
File: 1454375849784.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454375849784.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>
So I have just had the most horrible experience having my roots bleached. Not only is my hair unevenly bleached but it has brown spots! I am crying and I won't be able to do anything until next week as I am away.
Anyway how long do you have to wait to colour your hair after bleaching? This experience has just reassured me I want to go darker or a different colour.
>>
>>9314576
Sorry to hear that anon. For now use some protein threatment and wait at least three days to color but a week would be great. If you want to keep bleaching I suggest doing bleach baths (this is bleach+developer then mix a mild shampoo to dilute it). I heard coconut oil is good for bleached hair, look into it. Use a semi/demi dye to keep your condition, besides it's easier to remove if you decide you don't like the color.
>>
>>9311504
Try french braiding your hair to sleep and then brushing it out in the morning, this should give it a bit of wave and more volume without having to use heat.
If you don't mind using a blowdryer, the 'blowdrying it upside down/over a round brush' trick will help create volume at your roots.

>>9314576
Depends what sort of colour you want to use. Something like Manic Panic or Special Effects can be used straight away, but any box dye or permanent you should take a break like the other anon said.
>>
File: IMG_2567.png (457KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2567.png
457KB, 792x792px
PLS HELP ME

I have a HUGE neanderthal forehead, and thanks to my other shitty fine hair genetics I have an obnoxious cowlick down the center that defies any style of bangs I've tried and no amount of hairspray or hairstyling has been able to fix it.

I just want to disguise my disgusting forehead JNig-style so I can look kawaii and have people stop teasing me. How can I do that?
>>
>>9315134
Lacefront wig
>>
File: WIN_20170111_17_26_18_Pro.jpg (98KB, 982x310px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170111_17_26_18_Pro.jpg
98KB, 982x310px
Sorry in advance for the shitty photo, the camera on my phone is broken and right now all I have is my laptop webcam which sucks.

So I bought a lacefront wig off eBay and I really love it, but the lace is clearly for black ladies, not for my pale ass skin. It's way too dark and noticeable. Lesson learned, but I was wondering if there was a way to lighten the lace without damaging the rest of the wig. Already tried blending foundation into it with no luck.
>>
>>9315134
Clip-in fringe.
>>
>>9315134
>no amount of hairspray or hairstyling
Don't rely on hair spray. Use a hair straightener. You can just straighten them and lay them flat, or better yet, very slowly turn the straightener as you go down the hair to give it a slight, natural-looking curve.

The other part of this is to ensure your hair is drying correctly. If you don't dry your hair before doing things like putting it up, putting pins in it, or going to bed, you're going to end up with messed-up looking hair. Make sure your bangs are dry and dry from the top of your head by holding the hairdryer over you a little bit. Don't aim it directly at your face or the hair will blow backwards at the root and will stick up for sure.
>>
File: 20170113_111818.jpg (4MB, 1810x3440px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_111818.jpg
4MB, 1810x3440px
Has anyone heard of places like TARGET, CVS, and Walgreens selling expired salon quality products?

I purchased a It's A 10 hair mask from Target in November and pic related was wrapped around it with a rubber band. I've used it a few times and my hair seems soft but it's my first time using it so idk if it's working properly. I called Target about it and the woman I spoke to had no clue what I was talking about but I'm getting sent a replacement product and was assured that Target wouldn't sell expired products. I don't think a Target store would intentionally sell an expired product but this came from a warehouse (I'm assuming since I ordered it online) so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get rid of as much stock as they could. The thing that gets me is it says to be purged in July and it was ordered in November - almost 5 months after the purge date. Even if it's more of a "sell by" date, it doesn't make sense to keep something for that much time afterwards.
>>
>>9248358
Getting your roots retouched should never cost that much. I pay like $80 for a long hair bleach and dye job and I live in one of the most expensive cities. The degree to which you bleach your hair does not add to the cost of the bleach the stylist already uses. I think you need to get a new stylist.. Why would you chop all your hair off?
>>
>>9248358
ask your hair saloon if you can get some kinda of hair coloring subscription they have that in my area
>>
best way to fit long hair under a wig? I do several braids and crisscross them across my head but the wig still looks a little lumpy
>>
>>9318274
A few years ago my mom bought clearance baby formula at a local Target that ended up being expired by a couple months. Considering the amount of clearance stuff they have there...
>>
>>9318768
I shop the clearance section often but it's usually office supplies or decorations. Their beauty section clearance seems to stay pretty current but without actual expiration dates on the packages it's a bit of a gamble.

Did you end up returning the formula? Target is pretty good about handling returns and expired items.
>>
>>9280216
No you actually have to brush curly hair when it's wet and airdry it for the most curls
>>
>>9319098
nothing in there contradicts that...
>>
>>9278733
Lol, those ends look so ridiculous though, might as well just call this look "head tassels"
>>
>>9280216
Maybe this is dumb but I often sleep with wet (well, damp) hair, but tied in a braid or bun. What's the problem with it? That it'll flatten the curls or something?
>>
>>9319278
The problem is it makes a billion grandmothers spin in their graves to have their clever and scientific and TOTALLY TRUE advice ignored
>>
>>9319098
You use a comb not a brush.

>>9319278
That is fine. The thing is that wet hair doesn't dry in a braid. You shouldn't go to bed like seconds after you shower but damp is ok. Curl wise your hair will dry to how your braid is, which may be not what you want.
>>
>>9287518
I got 360 biotin tabs for under £10. thanks anon.
>>
My hair is really thin, I've seen some minor improvements in the space of a year. But no miracle.

At the moment my hair routine includes: Scalp oils: Caster oil weekly overnight, a Chili/spicey burdock one for 30 mins every now and then.

I have a caffeine and hormone hair growth tonics for my head daily.
I use caffeine based shampoo and conditioner.

Im looking into food supplements now.

In a year of this I have went from chin length ratty dry snapping prone hair with bald spots, to shoulder length very oily hair that has less spots but lays much flatter.

I got the tonic based on advice from my doctor, I've had blood tests and such done at my doctors but they havent found anything that could be related to hair loss.

Im happy with the progress so far, but Im always searching for other options if anyone has any more?
>>
>>9248358
Also, you could always dye your roots yourself. Virgin hair *usually* lifts very quickly and highly. How dark brown is your natural hair?

Mine is a medium brown and lifts to almost white. I spend $50 every three months on bleaching supplies and I do my roots about every three weeks.
>>
>>9270309
If you want your actual hair to be that colour you will need to dye it
>>
>>9319418
Biotin and making sure you're getting enough protein
>>
Recenty my hair has started clumping at the back, sometimes it even clumps within hours of me washing it.

My hair is mainly straight with wavy ends
>>
>>9318274
When I worked at CVS the salon quality products came through a vendor and for the most part it was the vendor rep's job to check for outdated products. They only came a couple of times a year that I noticed. I know CVS would give you your money back if you brought it back with the receipt and pointed out the flaw.
>>
I took my straightener on vacation and didn't realize the voltage change made my straightener get hotter than it should and it fried the tips of part of my bangs. Is there anyway to remedy this without cutting the ends off right now? I've been trimming off a few of the ends and it isn't too noticeable so I want to wait until my roots start showing before I go to the salon.
>>
>>9271727
I used to think that with hair the longer the more beautiful, but after growing it down to my waist I realised what a ball-ache it was, and the reality that you actually can't do as much with it as you'd imagine. Now that mine is just above my shoulders I have way more styling options and it's actually a hell of a lot more flattering. Kudos to those that can manage it at longer lengths though, I just couldn't deal with it.
>>
I have an appointment at the salon tomorrow and I'm going to request having my hair cut to this style.
Only thing is my hair is blonde, wavy and quite fine. I hope it doesn't come out looking like shit.
>>
>>9321924
I would prefer it more to this style but I won't lie, my profile is garbage. It's best we keep that shit covered as best as possible.
>>
>>9320774
Hair, like teeth, cannot be repaired once damaged, only removed. Any product claiming otherwise is misleading you.
>>
File: Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead2.jpg (174KB, 936x1322px) Image search: [Google]
Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead2.jpg
174KB, 936x1322px
How the fuck do people get their hair shiny like this?
>>
>>9321959
Oil, making sure your hair is properly moisturised, and genetics. If you have pin straight, fine hair, it's going to look a lot more shiny than someone with coarser hair.

Also, taking photos with flash.
>>
>>9281051
I have an undercut because I like the style, but yes, it makes wigs infinitely easier to wear. I have some of the same issues you do, and it helps with all of that. If your hair is as fine as mine though, be prepared to have less to work with to bring volume to your daily styles..
>>
>>9299586
I had this same cut like a decade ago lol. You can take styling gel and spike up the back, but it's a dorky cut no matter what you do with it.
>>
>>9306889
Make sure the black has blue undertones, anything else is second rate.
Don't go box dye tho girl, you don't want that regret.
>>
>>9299586
Demand that you speak to a manager at every store you go to
>>
>>9321993
A+ post
>>
File: M92Hthn.png (786KB, 970x1103px) Image search: [Google]
M92Hthn.png
786KB, 970x1103px
>>9321993
That isn't even the "I'd like to speak to the manager" cut though, it's an angled bob.
>>
>>9322022
>"Ugh my kids name isn't Aiden it's Ayden"
This is what you sound like
>"Ayden is lactose/soy/gluten/nut free. That's why we didn't vaccinate him"
>"fucking baristas can't even get my americanno frappe right. Now my lularoe leggings are going to be too tight because they didn't use sugar free milk"
>"Trump is just really down to earth. I like the way he totally sticks up for the overworked housewife like myself"
>>
>>9322060
..... are you okay Anon? Forget your meds today?
>>
>>9321959
Coconut oil if you have dry, coarse hair.
Morrocan oil is excellent as well but coconut oil tends to absorb slower.
>>
>>9321959
Product and blowdrying
>>
So my hair is currently around this length. Not exactly the same but pretty much
I wanna start growing it out, and I'm thinking of maybe dying it as well
I'd like to request some inspo on short cute hairstyles (about chin length) and also cute hair colors that work with both pink cutesy clothes and a bit darker ones.
>>
>>9322697

This is p. cute.
>>
>>9318274
Target, CVS, and Walgreens (and other drugstores) are not licensed to carry salon quality products like It's A 10, Matrix, Rusk, Kenra, etc. It's actually against the law to divert salon quality products for sale through a third party. However, similar to stores like Marshalls and TJMaxx (or whatever it's called where you live), drugstores can purchase these products from third party vendors that buyout the stock from salons that are either closing or have significant overstock (though most salon brands asks that salons send back overstock product). These third party vendors also get products that are not 100% top quality but are still completely safe and useable. You're probably not getting expired product, but you're getting products that are generally lesser quality than the ones you purchase from a licensed salon (and the brands do not guaranteed products purchased from an unlicensed retailer).
>>
>>9320769
CVS has a really good return policy. I've never returned stuff that its use would be visible like this hair mask but I've had no troubles with makeup or the shampoo.

>>9325597
Ah. That's what the article I read alluded to but it seemed a bit odd. I'm sure since the ingredients aren't 100% natural there's a good amount of time before it completely expires but it makes sense for TJMaxx and Marshall's to buy overstock/closeout beauty products since they do the same for clothes. The salon products rarely go on sale at those stores so I never buy them but Target was having a good sale on beauty products so I figured I'd try the mask.

I received my replacement in the mail and since I didn't even pay full price for the first hair mask I'd say I still got a good deal.
>>
>>9324589
It is! Thank you

Also, does anyone have any good recommendations for bleach brands?
>>
>>9281051
As an aside: the high bun is the hair equivalent of cancer. Ugh.
>>
What do you recommend for some sort of way to temporarily color hair? Not just highlights. Needing to dye dark hair to some brighter color. Just need it to last like a day for shooting a short film
>>
>>9329697
Get a wig.
>>
I wanted to dye my hair from virgin dark brown/black to a kind of medium wheat blonde, but apparently my hair only has the two modes "black" and "white."

In the time that it took just to cover my hair, some ~10 minutes, it went platinum blonde.
>>
So where that anon at who wants to tell me normal hair dye doesn't damage your hair at all and wants to sell Directions as good hair dye.
>>
File: 20170127_113624.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_113624.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I have been blessed with long, flowing hair, being able to use it in many of my cosplays instead of sweating under a wig. But during this last year the hair over my left temple has started dying. It's in this constant state of thin babyhair, and looks fkn terrible.

I have been eaten Priorin (the most expensive hairgrowth stuff you can get without recepie in my country) for over 6 months, and now I wash my hair with some sort of serumshampoo that's suppoused to stimulate hairgrowth.
I never notice hair falling out, so it's not exactly hairLOSS, it's just dying on me.

Wtf is this happening to me, how can I fix it, and can I pls get a hug, a big cup of coffee and 6 million dollars?
>>
>>9333616
Do you get enough protein? Maybe too many vitamins? Just because you can buy something and "it's watersoluble!!11!!!" doesn't mean you can't overdose on it. How much sleep do you get? Stressed? Over other things than the hair lost, I mean.
>>
>>9325597
>it's illegal
jsyk it's not illegal, it's a choice hair product companies make on who they want to sell their product to. it's not like these are toxic chemicals you need a cosmetology license to use. they are shampoo and conditioner with slightly different scents and formulations than other products that marketing departments chose to make exclusive for sales reasons. non salon companies can buy distressed goods from salons because at that point the original vendor doesn't have any control on where they go.
>>
>>9330447
In general bleached hair only has a few colours so you can get the blond dye you want and go from there now. Next time use something less strong.
>>
>>9333780
I eat quite healthy, lots of meat and fruit. And the Priorin is basically just different kind of vitamines and zink etc. Not overdozing on that either..
I sleep MORE now that I don't live at home, but stress about the same amount. When the hair started thinning out I begun doing everything like I did at home, trying to mimic my old lifestyle to see if the hair would grow back. But I guess that doesn't work either.

Matbe it's just the stress from school, work and hobbies that pressure me in a different way now that I have to adult on my own. When graduating in 4 months my work will be freelancing.. yeyy...
>>
>>9333616
This may be a stretch, but do you wear your hair pulled back tight any? Overtime this is damaging to hair.
>>
>>9287717
OCD? hello not to derail too bad but that's unrelated.

sage
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.