[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PMX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: Pacific-Media-Expo-2013-620x400.png (238KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific-Media-Expo-2013-620x400.png
238KB, 620x400px
It's just 5 days away!

>What panels are you looking forward to?
>Are you guys going to the tea party?
>Anyone VIP?
>Who got in the fashion show? Who didn't? I got rejected.
>>
I'm looking forward the tea party and the fashion swap!
>>
File: twinkle.jpg (20KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
twinkle.jpg
20KB, 300x400px
what is everyone wearing for the tea party? I'm so stuck on the menagerie theme!
>>
VIP. Haven't packed or planned.

Fuckkkkkk, man.
>>
i was gonna go as thomas the tank engine but i was too lazy to make a costume
>>
Going Saturday and Sunday, looking forward to just seeing friends I haven't seen in a while.
>>
5 days left
>>
>>9247029
I don't think I'm going to wear a dress related to the theme. I have no animal prints.

>>9247247
You and me both. I need to plan my outfits right now. Did you get any email yet in regards to what time the brunch will be on Friday? I'm pretty nervous about being on time.
>>
Should I attempt JetJ-like styling like pic related or is this something that should remain in photoshoots?
>>
>>9248099
You shouldn't be doing it if you have to ask if it's okay to do.
>>
>>9248105
To be fair, it's not a difficult styling. I just haven't seen anyone do something similar in a coord in a long time and was curious of outside opinions.
>>
>>9248099
I would just leave it to photoshoots imo. It's still cute though.
>>
>>9248188
Yeah, I think you're right. Maybe if I find a photog to do a shoot with, I can try out the coord I had in mind but wear standard lolita during the con.
>>
>>9248547
There are always tons of photographers in PMX, it is just a matter of finding one and asking. If you know them it is even better since you at least know their stuff.
>>
>>9248043
Check your email. I just received it last night.
>>
Gull meet up when? Friday night?
>>
>>9249562
Plz. I need more salt in my diet
>>
>>9249562
At a bar?
>>
>>9249562
Friday night would be awesome.
>>
Day 0, anyone go?
>>
>>9251169
>anyone
had to work, so probably wont be there till late night ;____;
>>
See you tomorrow, gulls!
>>
See you guys tomorrow, I'll try scoping out a location for meet up in the evening and we can maybe do dinner or something?
>>
>>9248099
If for the tea party, I wouldn't because you'll need to remove the gloves to eat, leaving your entire arms bare.
>>
>>9247011
Why did you get rejected, did they say?
>>
>>9251718
Nope, unfortunately. Just told me that I wasn't chosen as a model but can be a backup model if needed (which won't happen lol)
>>
ALMOST THE START OF DAY 1!

What are you folks going to do?
>>
>>9251911
Well at least you know they would use you if they needed you so it sounds more like a case of having enough models, not that you weren't suitable.
>>
>>9251927
They say that to everyone who got rejected.
>>
Meet at 8 at the convention center in front of the ballrooms?
>>
Where yall at
>>
>>9247011
It's dead as fuck. So much for Saturday.
>>
>>9253503
What the hell happened? Con didn't switch up its days fuck its programming or cause any big PR problems. Why the drop in attendance
>>
>>9253878
Crack down on parties. Lackluster guests, aside from the fashion stuff nothi my makes it stand out. And abysmal. Organization/staff
>>
>>9253878
ok so 2014 was when the con was slowly getting popular
2015 they switched venues, moved dates, were super strict on ghosting (you couldn't enter the building at all without a badge, and it was 100 degrees out). everyone agreed it was shit. none of the cosplayers wanted to stay because most of them ghost. No one else wanted to stay because no one was there. Venue was way too big for the amount of people, making it seem even emptier
2016 everyone remembered the year before and how it was shit so no one came
>>
>>9251927
As >>9251951 said, I think that's what they say to everyone unfortunately. But everyone looked great. Perhaps I'll get chosen next year. Does anyone have tips in regards to sending a good application? Like wearing a certain brand dress? (and obviously not be ugly)
>>
>>9253503
>>9253878
>>9253933

I was puzzled too. Last year, attendance was pretty bleh but that was my first time to PMX and I've been told that it's normally during veteran's day weekend. However I feel like attendance this year was so much less. It felt like there much to do this year either. The main lolita events were good. Everything else, eh.

>>9254247
desu, if you were there for the lolita stuff only (with the exception of the fashion show), you could ghost it. No one was checking the other entrances of the conference building nor did they care if you had a badge or not
>>
>>9254398
I don't think there really is any tips or tricks, the designers or whoever is in charge of the brand choose who they want. I applied with mostly selfies that were casual and non Lolita, and a bodyline coord for my full body and I got picked for the brand guest of honor.
>>
I solely attended the fashion events and had an excellent time with that but if there weren't any fashion panels going on and didn't feel like shopping anymore, I couldn't find anything else to do. I feel bad for my friends who are only interested in cosplay and anime because like everyone is saying, it's just not at the level it should be. The anime watching "room" was a fucking television in a hallway, there were like three consoles in the gaming room. They could have borrowed stuff from ALA if they needed it. It was almost obscene. They really should just focus on the fashion stuff and become a lolita and j-fash convention.
>>
so how long before PMX dies out? 2 years?
>>
>>9254649
Hit the nail right on the head. PMX is great for the fashion but lacking everywhere else and needs to just reformat if its going to continue in no fun allowed Pasadena

>>9254679
Ill give it 3
>>
>>9254679
If they switch to a fashion only focus, that would bring them back from the dead and give them at least 5 years.
>>
>>9247011
Does anyone have pics of the coord contest winner? I couldn't make the event
>>
File: IMG_1972.jpg (270KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1972.jpg
270KB, 1080x1080px
>>9255432
>>
>>9255432
I didn't enter the contest so no salt but honestly, what the fuck was that coord? The ears looked so stupid and out of place. I get that it was supposed to be jackalope themed but why the fucking ears?!
>>
>>9255590
Your opinion is irrelevant. Mari Nakamura picked that girl herself.
>>
>>9255590
I thought it looked stupid. I saw better coords but as >>9255801 said, Mari Nakamura did choose her.
>>
>>9255801
Well yeah, I got that she picked it out personally. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it and maybe there's something interesting about it that I'm not seeing.
>>
>>9254679
I give it 1 more year. A change of venue might save it. This con needs to be in a hotel. It's too small to span an actual convention center. Even one as small as the Pasadena CC.

>>9255590
Maybe she like the uniqueness? Maybe other coords were too safe? Idk.
>>
It's always a bad sign when there are no food trucks outside a con. There was also no one in the game room besides staff. The craft fair downstairs was fun for watching old normies gawak at people. It's sad, but a new venue with bigger fashion draw might keep it alive, but in the socal con world it can't compete anymore.
>>
>>9256783
I think it's because she made the headdress? The coord was cute but all the stuff on her head overwhelmed it imo.
>>
>>9256783
it's supposed to be a jackalope. I think the uniqueness of the animal did it
>>
>>9256910
There was one food truck, but yeah, normally there's a bunch. I''m hoping they will just up the fashion and music stuff to compensate. I feel that would revive it
>>
Any pics?
I went on saturday as Kotori but it was so dead. Maybe Anime Impulse and ALA will be better
>>
>>9257478
ALA probably. Not so sure on Impulse.
>>
>>9257478
>Maybe Anime Impulse and ALA will be better
Anime impulse is fucking great for a small event, cannot recommend it enough, huge potential

ALA is a fucking blast, like an early AX

PMX is dead to me now
>>
>>9254715

I've been going to PMX for ten years, the balance had always made it best. The real issue is that yes, the music guests for sure need to be a lot better. I remember seeing Candy Spooky Theater years ago, and just in general great bands popping in the years. The anime side is not hard to make better, just bring like 2 big guests and have everything set up properly.

I had made the statement of moving this to DTLA, in the Westin. It's a convention hotel, enough rooms to set up everything, and it can handle parties.
>>
other than fashion, pmx almost feels like they are actively trying to not get people to come back. if so... mission successful?
>>
>>9257924
>mission successful?
I wont be paying for full weekend next year thats for sure...or hotel.
>>
They should just let this con die. I don't know anyone who wants to go again
>>
>>9258906
It went downhill ever since AP swore to never return
>>
>>9258961
wait what? what happened with AP?
>>
I went for fashion shopping etc. I didn't do VIP and I was told that the tea party was sold out so I couldn't go to that either.

I still really enjoyed everything and the fashion show was good. Lots of unreleased jetj, if that's your thing.

>>9258961
Except that they didn't? Everyone knows that Lynda is a crazy person and no one wants to work with her.

Anon was referring to the non-fashion stuff, obviously. Have you even gone for fashion or read any posts?
>>
>>9258961
Not true. They didn't swear not to come back, they were banned because of Lynda fucking up.
>>
As mediocre as the con was, nothing brought me more joy than seeing Batty alone for almost the entire weekend. I keked when she posted a "squad" picture to Instagram - she was with them for maybe five minutes. No one cared about her cosplay or knew who she was.
>>
I had alot of fun. The tea party swag was really good, they gave us Juliette teacups and Haenuli stuff. The staff was also super nice and I noticed a couple of them going out of their way to help people and such.

>>9259020
This. I thought everyone knew this, but I guess not.
tl;dr is that Lynda is the main contact person for AP somehow despite being a total pos person, and none of the staff at pmx want to work with her (and by extension ap).
>>
Alright ladies, how do we fix this con?
>>
>>9259341
It needs to abandon everything else and just be a lolita/j-fashion con.
>>
did anyone else have issues with creepy/aggro security staff? two of them followed a friend and me around screaming at us because our badges were attached to our bags instead worn??
>>9259341
we dont
>>9259357
agreed, the j-fash part of it is amazing, but the rest should just die.
>>
>>9259299
A friend and I were talking about that, it was lowkey the most hilarious thing. She was pleasant enough to chat to but walked away the moment she saw anyone with more than a hundred followers on social media and took selfies with them.
>>
>>9259299
I found it really funny that she hung out in the fashion show room during the fittings/photoshoot/rehearsal despite not being in the show herself. She just sat in the room on her phone because all of her "friends" were busy doing show prep.
>>
>>9259341
They need to have better panels. I was interested in the martial arts panels but they kept on conflicting with my lolita stuff. Every other panel seemed meh.

Also artist alley was pretty mediocre. There were only three booths that seemed worth buying from.

>>9259361
I overheard one of the staff mention to one of the security members that the security staff (the overweight Asian one with glasses) was very aggressive and she wanted to avoid having him moderate the swap meet or something like that.
>>
>>9259341
1. Move to hotel
2. Be humble and don't act like you are the greatest convention ever (in other cons)
3. Listen to your fans
4. ??????
5. Profit
>>
>>9259361
I didn't have any issues. At one point I was regretting even buying a badge because no one checked it.
>>
File: IMG_8821.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8821.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Con was dead as hell. Barely any cosplayers.
But I did get a pic of this Shinji
>>
File: luxcosplay.jpg (76KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
luxcosplay.jpg
76KB, 640x960px
Anyone know who this Lux is?
>>
Anyone saw any good coordinates or good cosplay? Post your pics.
>>
Had better time in town instead of con. 10/10 would do again.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.