[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Cosplayers/Conventions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 12

File: texas.png (2KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
texas.png
2KB, 250x167px
ACCC just happened, Ikkicon's coming up, A-Kon's making changes. Discuss.
>>
>>9246227
What kind of changes is A-Kon making?
>>
>>9246230
Location, mostly.
>>
>>9246227
Think Al Winchester will drop by? Or she has wasted enough money this year?
>>
>>9246433
Who is that?
>>
Schedule posted for ANT. No Swap Meet? What were they even thinking. Must've had a problem last year or something. I haven't been to a con without one in a while. Also there's a maid cafe now?
>>
>>9251375
What? Ugh, I have two boxes worth of stuff I've gathered up to trade. Impromptu fan one instead? :(
>>
>>9251376
That would be neat. I'm broke as hell, and sometimes the only cool shit I get is from swap meets. Not to mention the masses of junk I've acquired and need to get rid of
>>
>>9251381
I shot off an email to ask if it's too late to organize one, but failing that, I'm probably going to bring my stuff anyway. Maybe I'll find a corner and make a sign on Sunday. :/ I have a feeling all the space that would've gone to it went to the maid cafe, which is cool, but I don't do those.
>>
>>9251375
>Maid Cafe
There was one last year, it's not new
>>
>>9251375
Man, fuck ANT
>>
>>9251536
Was there? Where did they even have it?
>>
>>9246227
What is the Masquerade/Rave at A-kon like? What kind of music do they play? I'm going for the first time so I'm pretty excited
>>
>>9252450
The masquerade is a legit masquerade. Dress code and all. Ballroom music for at least the earlier parts. I always leave early on (dancing all night is better in theory).

The rave is shit like every con rave. Don't bother unless you want greasy 14 year old trailer trash grinding on you or a predatory 40 year old bronykin trying to breath down your neck.
>>
>>9251541
salty.
>>
Panel submissions for A-Kon go up on the 21st.
>>
>>9254381
Speaking of, anyone running anything at ANT? anything cool going on?
>>
>>9251541
I hate this con so I'm ghosting it because my friends invited me out.
>>
what's so bad about ANT? I've never gone and i'm not this year but i'm curious
>>
>>9255066
I don't understand the hate, unless it's over the size/space. It had more panels I wanted to go to last year than any con I'd attended in the past 3. But I like cosplay related stuff and most of the ones I attended centered on that.
>>
>>9255089
What panels did you go to last year anon?
>>
>>9255066
This x100. I haven't heard ANYTHING about this convention from friends, so please tell me what I'm missing/dodging.
>>
>>9256263
>>9255066
It's just really small. You aren't missing out on much but it's nice to connect with friends in a non-stressful convention environment.
>>
>>9255181
I don't remember the panel names exactly, but men's cosplay, hatmaking, Quantum Destiny's muscles and boobs tutorial (the Kill la Kill cosplayer that made that one pair), con horror stories, lolita, QD's wig panel, karaoke, and the swap meet. I missed most of the dance but that's due to lots of personal stuff going wrong, so I can't much comment on that.

I don't know what other anons go to at cons, but I've wallflowered so many lately it was a nice change of pace to see things I wanted to attend.
>>
>>9256507
Those panels are at literally every convention nowadays lol
>>
ANT's a really good con, in my opinion. It's kind of boring but it can't help that it's small. There's raffles, the panels are actually interesting, and you're given incentives to enjoy yourself via tickets for said raffle.

The thing that I don't understand however, is that it is run by the same people who run Ikkicon. I've never been to Ikkicon, but people in the TX generals seem to dislike it. Is Ikkicon worse than ANT or is it the same?
>>
>>9257359
Ikkicon is definitely worse. There's gonna be a big reveal after Ikkicon regarding a lot of issues. Stay tuned.
>>
>>9257359
The two share some staff but it's not run by all the same people. Most of the ANT staff is local to DFW.
>>
>>9257380
Are they going fold up? I wouldn't be surprised. They seem to have gotten a lot more dead.
>>
>>9257412
Is this why they haven't announced any guests? They had one cosplay guest group for a while, and they JUST announced some other girl, but that's it. No voice actors. Did they spend all the money they would ordinarily give to those guests?
>>
>>9257538
Maybe all the money is going to Baby Stars?
>>
>>9257380
What kinds of issues? Care to tell us anymore please? I actually really like Ikkicon because I have friends in Austin and its nice to hang with them at New Years.
>>
>>9257412
>>9257545
All I can say is that it's something to do internally. Lets just say there are way less to none handling internal affairs (programming/panels, guest relations, etc) than we think there are. I won't reveal anything else until after ikkicon so I can confirm everything.
>>
>>9257684
Meaning you know nothing? Why say anything in the first place when you're going to wait until after to confirm it aka when we all know as well.
>>
>>9257359
Ikkicon runs a bit differently than ANT, like they have a different person who runs programing and a different organizational structure.
>>
>>9257684
lol What do you think you know?
>trying to predict things after they happened.
>>
>>9257684
Oh anon. You don't think we already know? You're a fool if you thought Ikkicon was going to be a well oil machine. They hardly have any oil for a poorly run broken machine which they don't have the manpower to fix.
>>
It looks like A-Kon tumblr-chan is throwing in the towel. Goodnight, sweet prince(ess).
>>
>>9257541
>Baby Stars

is that supposed to be a hip term for BTSSB
>>
>>9258373
Princess. It confirms to me who tumblr-chan was as that person recently got booted from A-Kon. She'll see this.
>>
>>9258440
Who is it?
>>
Go away, Chile.
>>
>>9258460
I'm not doxxing her. She can pretend to stay anonymous.
>>
>>9258738
Oh shit i didnt mean doxx her, i thought you just knew who she was
>>
>>9258762
I do know who she was but saying who it was would be calling her out to being a partial doxx. She tried hard to not be unveiled. The notion that this anon knows tumblr-chan gender is good enough to know that she isn't as anon as she tried to be.
>>
>>9258807
Well can we at least know if she is a big name cosplayer or anything? I mean dont tell who she is just yes or no is she a cosplayer or lolita.
>>
>>9258915
Why do you care so much? Are you some kind of stalker?

Going back on topic, let's talk about A-Kon since panel submissions are coming up. What panels are you guys going to submit? How do we make lolita panels less cringe? Also, does anyone know how this hotel situation is working out? I usually commute to A-Kon every year since Highland Park isn't too far from the convention site, but I really don't want to drive all the way to Fort Worth.
>>
>>9258927
Then don't. I'm so tired of people complaining about having to drive to Fort Worth now when Fort Worth people have had to drive to Dallas for years. It's not going to kill you. Also TRE exists.
>>
>>9259053
...Which is why I was asking about the hotels, you salty poorfag. I'd like to know if any information about the hotels has been released so I can stay there instead of driving back and forth every day. Just driving to and from the con when it starts and ends isn't a big deal.
>>
>>9259057
http://www.a-kon.com/

There you go.
>>
>>9258915
No one knew tumblr-chan outside of the circle that worships her. She wasn't a cosplayer or lolita.
>>
>>9258927

Didn't realize it was about to open up.
Are they allowing in character panels?
>>
>>9259200
No. I think the in-character panels were permanently removed from the con (and many others are doing it, too- good riddance).
>>
>>9259218
Any confirmed word on exactly why?
>>
>>9259223
because they're shit 100% of the time
>>
>>9259223
It looks like >>9259230 gave the REAL answer here, but they frequently went off topic, devolved into underaged sexual deviancy power hour, headed into 18+ territory when the panels were made with the all ages rating (and the panelists themselves were underaged), had some serious noise issues (as in volunteers had to tell the character panels to shut the fuck up so industry panels could go on), and also everyone knows you're just trying to get a free pass for the least amount of work possible.
>>
>>9259200
Character panels should be banned at all cons. I rather have a quality panel run by people who know what they are doing than an improvised, loud, underaged hormone party. Anyone who does one is a lazy fuck who wants a free badge. If you can't afford the con, don't go and waist panel space.
>>
>>9259240
I thought most cons required more than one panel in order to get free badges?
>>
>>9259265

Some do and some don't. Akon hasn't had a minimum hours needed as far as I know. That could change of course since they moved venues.
>>
>>9259223
Because the industry doesn't like it when you misrepresent their IPs and that's what those kinds of events do.
>>
Ant this weekend. What are you looking forward too? Panels seem kinda shit this year. I hope I'm not too bored.
>>
>>9259437
Mainly went to hang out with a friend and hopefully get drunk. Didn't really check the panels. I also have yet to go to any convention rave/dance, and I'm kinda tempted just to witnesses it.
>>
>>9259200
Presenting a panel in-character isn't banned. If you have quality content to present and you want to be in-character that's fine. Ask-A-Character panels are the ones that are banned.

From what I've heard the Homestuck and Hetalia groups in this area are partially to blame. They submitted dozens and dozens of the same panel every single con (Ask-A-Nation, Ask-A-2P-Nation, Ask-A-Nation 18+ and so on), there were multiple incidents of people lying about who was in the panel to get free badges, being pushy with staff to get as many free badges as possible for their friends, sneaking kids under 18 into 18+ panels (which is a massive liability to the con) and even more.

Although the cons themselves aren't entirely without blame. I've walked unknowingly into 18+ panels before I was 18 without being carded or even asked for my badge at A-kon more than once. So, you know, pay attention A-kon.
>>
>tfw moved to Arlington from Fort Worth in August, excited to to not have to pay for hotel rooms first time in 5 years since its only a 20 minute ride from Dallas
>A-kon moves to Fort Worth this year
>Dammit

IIRC the convention center closes at 10pm so I wonder how that's gonna work out. At least downtown FW has better options for food than the Anatole or Sheraton.
>>
>>9259893
Allegedly, the con is supposed to be 24 hours with the rest of the night being in the partner hotels. We'll see how that actually goes, though. I just want to know a few things. Weren't they still under contract with the Anatole? Why the sudden change of venues and cities for that matter? I know they had a banner for A-Kon 28 saying it would be at the Anatole right after A-Kon 27 ended. I hope they give some actual information regarding transportation and hotels within the next couple of months. A-Kon's staff has been dodging my e-mails regarding the hotels, no one knows if the Omni is actually a partner hotel or not, and transportation information is still a mess. I'd like to see something other than "This will be such a good change! Hooray!" and something more along the lines of "Here are the hotels. Here are the room blocks. Here is a list of transportation to and from Dallas to Fort Worth. Here is where you can expect the con to go after the convention center closes."

I do very much welcome the change in venue, don't get me wrong. It's cheaper, it's nicer, and it seems to be more convenient all around (lack of construction is a bonus, too). I just wish there would be some more guidance. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. The information on A-Kon's site and Facebook really means nothing at this point.
>>
>>9259927
Yeah, the multiple "host hotels" thing for late night events is still baffling. My guess is the Anatole got tired of the recurring vandalism and told A-kon to fuck off.
>>
>>9259265
San Japan is the only one that does that and it repeatedly shoots them in the foot.
>>
>>9259969
Just like the previous hotel

Why does akon attract the worst assholes?
>>
>>9259927
>I'd like to see something other than "This will be such a good change! Hooray!" and something more along the lines of "Here are the hotels. Here are the room blocks. Here is a list of transportation to and from Dallas to Fort Worth. Here is where you can expect the con to go after the convention center closes."

>Here are the hotels. Here are the room blocks.
They announced the Host Hotels a short while ago though I agree some info on the Omni would be nice. I heard they are still under negotiations, I can't recall where I read that though.

>Here is a list of transportation to and from Dallas to Fort Worth.
They also announced that Ft Worth was working with Akon to have the TRE run on Sunday so that Dallas people can easily ride the train all three/four days.

>Here is where you can expect the con to go after the convention center closes."
THIS is something I am super interested in. I'm hesitant to book until we find out what is going to be in which hotel.
>>
>walking through Ft Worth on the way to ANT
>in gothic lolita
>friend is in sweet lolita
>homeless lady stops in the middle of the street
>"hey, hey I know you guys. You're the girls that get all dressed up and fuck cops"
>"nope"
>"yeah you have giant orgies with cops! I know you do I've seen it! Don't lie! YOU COP-FUCKERS!"
>ignore, walk into hotel past small children
Gotta love Ft Worth
>>
>>9261642
What was she referring to ?
>>
>>9261646
probably the rampant cop-fucking
>>
>>9261646
I have absolutely no idea
>>
>>9259240
>>9259363
Also the year before the ban afest had 3 dmmd ask panels, 2 or 3 Hetalia panels, and 3 free ones and didn't understand why it was excessive. They went overboard and ruined it for everyone
>>
Panel submissions open tomorrow. What are we submitting? I was thinking lolita rap battle to the death but I think my shopping services 101 panel would have a better chance.....
>>
>>9262313
How many panels do you need to host to get badge for A-kon?
>>
>>9262409
Just the one. I have never been to a con where you had to host more than one panel. You'd have such a repetitive schedule.
>>
>>9262442
Wow *a badge
Yeah I figured as much but wanted to make sure before putting in a panel submission.
>>
>>9262442
Afest requires like 4 hours of programming for a free badge
>>
>>9262612
That ends up being $8 an hour. You might as well buy the badge at that point. Panels are supposed to be a labor of love not just plain old labor.

Can you guys see the panel submission form anywhere? I thought it opened today but I don't see the form.
>>
>>9262809

It's not up yet. I think last year it wasn't up until the evening
>>
>>9263105
Thank you, anon. It's my first time submitting my panel so I thought I was looking at the wrong page or something.
>>
>>9263129
What panel are you doing, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>9263134
I don't want to give too many details but it will essentially boil down to how not to make yourself look like a complete idiot when wear out-there J-fashion like menhera and yumekawaii.
>>
Have panel submissions always opened late? I've never had a panel at A-kon so I've never dealt with it before.
>>
>>9263357
Keeping you in the dark and generally never being on time is actually a very sacred tradition of the A-Kon programming staff. Please be respectful, anon.
>>
>>9263366
Gomen, anon.
>>
>>9263149
That interests me greatly.
>>
>>9263366

I had a much better experience last year then before. Emails were actually answered
>>
>>9263593
That's new. I actually did not apply last year because of the year before's incident...s. We're an hour to the 22nd here though so this is not a good start to this year. Maybe last year was just a fluke.
>>
File: 1295743697551.jpg (90KB, 450x546px) Image search: [Google]
1295743697551.jpg
90KB, 450x546px
Do y'all think a vaporwave panel would be well received? I have a small circle that'd be adept at that and I feel it'd get some traction.
>>
So about that panel form...

>>9263642
It's definitely worth a shot. I would go if you got in. I know about vaporwave but I don't KNOW about vaporwave.
>>
File: CxrFSc6VQAA0iDq.jpg (413KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
CxrFSc6VQAA0iDq.jpg
413KB, 2048x1152px
>>9263699
Finally up. Not sure how long it's been but I just submitted mine.

>>9263904
Here are the winners.
>>
>>9264045
Mulan's grandma got snubbed.
>>
Anyone submit panels for A-Kon yet?
>>
>>9264449
I did! It's my first time submitting to A-Kon. Is there anything I should look out for or expect from them?
>>
>>9251376
Lucky you. In my comm, swap meets are usually people selling and refusing to trade.
>>
>>9264529
Last year was my first year hosting for them. I guess it depends on what you submitted, but they're pretty open to a huge variety in panels. I was impressed with how well the staff communicated with panelists last year so hopefully that'll be the same this year. All in all I had a really pleasant experience and it was probably the best con I've been a panelist at.
>>
>>9264045
They all look okay-ish. Is the Kagome and Inuyasha Twinzik btw?
>>
>>9264678
Thats great to hear! I was mostly worried about staff communication. I hope the move won't effect that/ Thanks, anon!
>>
>>9264611
I'll trade even if it's a series I don't like, if it looks like the item's tradeable later for something else. Sometimes it takes a few trades, but it is a gamble.
>>
>>9265378
Yeah, they were Judges.
Weird how they're judging a cosplay contest in purchase/sponsored costumes though.
>>
Is it worth it to buy a badge for ikkicon? I try not to ghost anymore but the last couple cons I went to had shitty programming and I regret not ghosting desu
>>
>>9267264
I don't usually condone, let alone support, ghosting at cons. Ikkicon is a special case, though. Fuck Ikkicon. Fuck Ikkicon and everyone who works for it, fuck they mommas, fuck they grandmas, fuck their first grade teachers, too. Ghost Ikkicon.
>>
>>9267439
Why don't you tell us how you really feel
>>
>>9267439
When did they shit your mouth?
>>
>>9267439
Agreed
>>
>>9267264
Why not just wait until the beta schedule comes out and if enough programming sparks your interest buy a badge?
>>
>>9267936
Because what Ikkicon says and what Ikkicon does are two completely different things.

>>9267559
I think it was around the time when I expected a con that was at least mediocre and ended up getting, well, Ikkicon.
>>
>>9261642
This made me laugh way harder than it probably should have, sorry anon
>>
I don't know but if you see that bitch D you can punch her in the face for me.
>>
>>9270366
What crawled up your ass and died anon
>>
>>9270366
please just stay home
>>
>>9270366
Who
>>
File: specialsnowflake.jpg (221KB, 729x1072px) Image search: [Google]
specialsnowflake.jpg
221KB, 729x1072px
Did anyone see this shit on the AM group? This is hilarious
>>
>>9272609
Christ, I read this post nodding my head thinking maybe AM was at the end of December or something. It's in April. You can make plans a week or two in advance.
>>
>>9246227
facebook com / AlwinchesterCosplayer /
>>
>>9273383
Can't tell if weird vendetta or worst self post ever
>>
>>9273392
>vendetta

How come?
>>
>>9273465
So a really shitty self post. Got it.
>>
>>9273489
As you wish.
>>
>>9273538
Then what is your reason behind posting this??? This just seems like a shitty self-post attempt without getting caught.
>>
>>9275544
Literally every reply is someone telling her she's an idiot.
>>
So how is ANT? I remember early this year I tried asking staff through e-mail and Facebook for information about applying for an Artist Alley table and I never received a response until, like, July when they told me that they were booked up and didn't even give me any information so I could prepare for next year. There wasn't even any indication on the website that they were ever open for applications to begin with.
>>
>>9275706
Same. I've e-mailed them way in advance two years in a row and gotten a reply mid-july/august saying they're full. Supposedly they sell their tables for the next year at the con? Maybe they e-mail the attended artists after the convention to sign up for next year. I hope we have better luck for us in the future.
>>
>>9275728
I get they they have limited table space, but it would suck if their AA registration really is at the con itself. Their lack of communication was what turned me off of attending the con in the first place. (As much as I like that there's a Fort Worth area con, and A-kon is way too big.)
>>
File: 1479966395133.gif (2MB, 461x288px) Image search: [Google]
1479966395133.gif
2MB, 461x288px
>>9272609
I hate the AM group, Christ almighty
>>
>>9272609
The cosplay contest is literally ALWAYS on Saturday. Since you've been going for 3 years at least, that should be obvious. Having entered in one in the past, it was 6+ hours of my time taken up just sitting backstage, so I would not plan on doing anything else that day.
>>
I ended up posting this question in the wrong thread originally.
So I heard that Anime Matsuri is going to be run by different people this year?
Is that true? I didnt want to go if its the old perv team, but the music selection looks good this year; and then i heard that random rumor. Anyone have deets, or its all lies?
>>
>>9276583
It's a lie. The Leigh's would rather nuke the con than let someone else run it.
>>
Anybody here hittin up comicpalooza?
>>
>>9252465
the only raves i consider going to are the ones greg ayres DJs.
>>
>>9279547
yeah, what a crock o shit
>4 people per room
>ergo 4 wristbands per room
>can't use elevators without one
in other news their attendance will drop like 30%
>>
>>9279608
Wow, you have zero taste and zero idea on what a good DJ is.
>>
>>9275728
I got in the AA this year, it was really good sales but I definitely got the feeling like everyone there goes every year and they weren't fond of newcomers (the artists, staff was great). They do sell tables right after the con on paper applications and they only email artists who have applied before therefore leaving no space for anymore artists. They only have 18 spots, and they have a very varied AA so it helps with sells I think there was only about 5 or 6 print artists and everyone else was crafters. I bought my table right after the con because I also never got an email response until it was full.
>>
>>9279683
He plays actual anime related music, avoids twenty year old shitty OPs, and doesn't think "convention" means "industrial." What is there not to like?
I'm tempted to think you're the one with zero taste friend.
>>
>>9279848
>get off my lawn!
>kids ruin everything!
>I was never young!
that's the general vibe you're giving off

if it bothers so many seagulls, I wonder why ushicon is still so small?
>>
>>9279852
why are we justifying the behavior of individuals who should know how to act appropriately and follow basic rules when in a hotel setting?
>>
>>9279856
they should know, but you're clearly aware they're "kids," which are by no means any embodiment of responsibility
>>9279864
excellent guess, I much prefer $40 for lodging than $90+
not legally a kid however, lel.
>>
>>9279805
Do they sell them to attendees? Aka if I don't get a table and go to the con would I be able to purchase a table for the next year?
>>
>>9279913
college graduate with no debt, try again ;^)
>>
>>9279944
Why are you bragging about room cramming? Do you seriously enjoy sleeping in a bathtub?
>>
>>9279963
its a fun social thing to do if your friends aren't trash, did you never have sleepovers? None of us have ever slept in a bathtub either
>>
>>9279976
I'm sorry, my idea of fun isn't sleeping on the floor for 3 days. I either let my friends come hang out or go hang out in their room and then when it's time to sleep I get an actual bed and don't suffer from back pain and stiff shoulders. I used to eat ramen out of a coffee pot at cons too, but i certainly don't anymore now that I can afford actual food.

I know many people who have slept in a bathtub in a cram room. Also in a closet, curled under a desk, on an foot stool...
>>
File: 1399933014919.gif (1MB, 170x180px) Image search: [Google]
1399933014919.gif
1MB, 170x180px
>Renaissance Austin now ENFORCING four to a room with wristbands at check-in for room-floor access with monitors at the elevators
How the fuck do I throw a shitty afterparty now or bang con sloots? I don't think they'll buy the pizza delivery routine more than once and I got more crew than that.
>>
>>9280196
I find it actually kind of funny they do this after only one(1) year. Who pissed in the punch?
>>
>>9280199
Fire alarm pulled multiple times. Trashed rooms. Fucked up the front door. They need to make it through the 2nd of 3 years at the Renaissance before they get the boot.
>>
>>9280276
Oh yeah, there was no way that door was staying operational. I stayed at the Hyatt across the Lexus dealership though, and we at least had the decency to use a sploof tube in the shower stall. Last time it was downtown some dipshits lit up in a stairwell and the cops came.
>>
>>9279890
I have no idea, I'm guessing no because they didn't take payments/deposits on the tables until all the attendees were out of the alley/dealers room.
>>
So what do you even do at Cons? My girlfriend has been pestering me to go with her for a while now, and I've been adamantly against it because she wears skimpy shit and I'm honestly afraid I'll start a fight if I catch others staring too much.

She tells me I don't even need to dress up, but I passed on going with her to Ikkicon and PAX South.

I'm from the Austin area, enjoy anime and vidya, but have never gone to a Con because I would be at a loss on what to do. I wouldn't dress up, I don't like taking pictures, and I am not interested in buying anime merchandise. I might spend bucks on Japanese candy, but that's it.

>it's a good place to make new friends with your interests
I already have friends like that, and besides, my girlfriend always goes with her friends; it seems to me contradictory that you can "make friends" when most people go WITH friends.

She wants me to go to A-Kon with her, but I am not sure.
>>
>>9283700
>it seems to me contradictory that you can "make friends" when most people go WITH friends.

Even though I was a closet anime fan, I was completely new to cons, I even hoteled with one girl I met for 5 minutes (we had mutuals though so I at least she wasn't crazy) and her friends, and I met some best friends out of that group, so it's definitely possible to make friends out of strangers like that.

That being said, I also met a lot of new people after that through cosplay stuff, but I still think it'd be a fun experience to share with your gf for even just one day.
>>
>>9283731
Well I agree, except that she's the type of person who will get really hurt if I told her I enjoyed it but then don't feel like going with her to another one, or she'll want me to go with her to every single one she goes to if I say I like it.

And again, would what I even do there? I think the experience would be awkward.
>>
>>9283758
If you're already so opposed to going again with that mindset, then just tell her upfront why you don't want to go even if she wants you to. I assume you're both adults, so why not just act like adults and be truthful to each other instead of trying to not hurt feelings?
>>
>>9283771
Just realized the again in there makes it seem like you went to a con before but I meant to use it in a different way. I can English desu
>>
>>9283771
>>9283774
I meant to say that my point on not knowing what to do wasn't really addressed; all I want to know is what can a guy like me do there to not be a bore to be around. But any which way.

I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If I don't go, she'll take it as a lack of interest on my part, she'll think I don't want to spend more time with her (I do, and we both know we spend way too little time together because of our respective responsibilities), and that other suggestions she might make I'll shoot down.

My girlfriend is very...sentimental, for lack of a better word. She is definitely a person that appreciates every single nuanced detail, or picks up on the lack thereof.

If I do go, but say I don't really want to go again she'll hurt, but in time she'll realize that I at least made the effort. If I go, and she sees me not having a good time or something, she'll go out of her way to cheer me up, and if it doesn't work then she'll blame herself. That's why I just want to know what I can do to genuinely have a good time, considering I don't have any interest in the things the majority of the people that go to Cons do.
>>
>>9283806
Dude. I'm sorry but it sounds like neither of you will be happy here. I mean, you've said you dislike pretty much everything a con has to offer so you need to ask yourself can you go, pretend to have a good time and just suck it up and plan on going to one every once and awhile? If not she is going to take it as a lack of interest and you two will probably grow apart; it already sounds like neither of you have much in common.
The only thing I can say you should try at least once if you do decide to go is just try cosplaying something. Anything. Pick a character you like, get her to help you make the outfit or buy it and see how it goes. I've had friends who wanted nothing to do with cons go because I helped them make a cosplay of their favorite character and now they fucking love cons and make their own cosplays. I'm not saying you should do this if you're already set on the fact that you aren't going to enjoy the con but it does add an extra element to the con if you do plan to go. Plus it makes it more fun to talk to new people.
But good luck man.
>>
>>9283806
There's panels on a variety of things, sometimes there's events and guests. But that really depends on the quality of the con, I guess. Have you ever been to a con before? It's kinda hard to know if you'll like it if you don't experience it, I guess.
>>
>>9283806
I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're just that shitty of a boyfriend. She obviously just wants you to go so you can make memories together, not just so you can enjoy the con. You think guys at Disney World ACTUALLY want to be there? Fuck no, but they went to Disney World with their girlfriends because they wanted to see their girl happy.
>>
>>9285223
>You think guys at Disney World ACTUALLY want to be there?
fuck you, i do
>>
File: OMNIbooksitandruns.png (26KB, 462x360px) Image search: [Google]
OMNIbooksitandruns.png
26KB, 462x360px
>>9287081
For what con? Also, thank you for reminding me about this thread.

The Omni IS going to be a part of A-Kon after all. I think we all knew it was going to be a part of programming (I can't give too many details but I already know for a fact a few events are going to be held in the Omni), but we can actually room there now too. I'm a little worried about there only being 100 rooms set aside though, as this is going to be a lot of people's main hotel during the con. Hint. Hint. Especially on /*C*gl/ Hint. Hint.
>>
>>9279841
>what is there not to like?
Him.
>>
>>9254381
How do I get word out about panels? My sister and I have wanted to host a non cringey kpop one for a while. I was thinking of buying mercy or something to get people more inclined to come
>>
Going to Akon this year, trying to find people to hang out with that aren't dramatic or weird. I sometimes find one that has potential but always has the drama queen that tries to ruin the whole experience.

>>9258927
A little disappointed that it's in Fort Worth now since my dad bought a cool town home last time, now we'll have to just stay at his house. But it's nice that's it's a way shorter commute though.
>>9259230
I remember the first one I went to was a homestuck one at afest, was pretty terrible
>>9263642
I would go
>>
>>9287614
You should probably wait to get accepted first, but once you are accepted, I know a lot of people hype it up in the A-Kon tumblr tag (useless) or the A-Kon Facebook group (much smarter).

>>9287642
You probably shouldn't find friends from /cgl/ in that case. I'm just being honest here. Everyone I've met at /cgl/ meets has been dramatic, weird, or both.
>>
Ghosting for a bit on Day 3 of Ikkicon shouldn't be too big of a deal, right? I can't make it on Friday and Saturday and I'd only be there for two hour tops on Sunday.
>>
>>9289322
Worst case scenario, they ask you to leave. It's Ikkicon. Big fucking deal. You're good, anon.
>>
>>9289322
They don't give a fuck after Saturday so ghost all you want.
>>
>>9289418
>>9289425
Thanks, I'm pretty new to Austin and I haven't gone to a con here yet, so I was wondering how strong security here was compared to my old state. If not this one, I was thinking about checking out Ushicon but I looked at their Facebook photos and it looked pretty bad... Why aren't there more Austin cons :(
>>
>>9289508
Ushicon is only good if you want to hang with 80 other people that wish it was 2003
>>
>>9289545
Part of me knows that if I cosplay at Ushicon I'll look better than the vast majority of people there just by virtue of being a petite Asian grill, but so far it doesn't seem worth the effort, especially since I'd be going alone. Guess I'll just have to wait until the next big con rolls around in the area.
>>
>>9289552
I've never been to Ushicon before but I'm planning on going for the first time this year. (Wataru Yoshizumi is the only reason I've decided to go) According to a few of my friends the late night events are pretty fun, but the other anon is right in that's it's pretty small. If you live in Austin you may as well go one of the days just to check it out.
>>
>>9290176
It sucks that they don't do one-day badges, but checking out Saturday sounds like it'll be fun too since it's only a 10 minute drive away. If you see a lone Nico in the vicinity, feel free to wave my way.
>>
>>9290270
Are you by chance the Nico with the Madoka itabag?
>>
>>9290453
Nope, don't have an itabag, sorry.
>>
>>9272609
>it's okay if the schedule changes but post it anyway so I can plan around it!!
That logic makes no sense. What if you schedule a photoshoot at 4pm and a panel you wanted was at 5pm, but in the final schedule it gets moved to 4pm?
Besides, it's just a fucking con, not a business meeting. You can absolutely plan a schedule 2 weeks in advance.
>>
>>9279613
San Japan does that at the Hyatt, maybe Ikki took inspiration from that? I have no idea if attendance dropped but the elevators are 1000% more bearable since wristbands were implemented
>>
>>9290691
When a hotel implements a wristband policy it is 99.9% the hotels decision. Cons don't want them, you've seen the childish reaction to them.
>>
>>9289508
ushicon is tiny and has a high neckbeard/fujoshit quotient, but me and my guys had a lot of fun there.
we:
>took over a room and made our own panel
>did karaoke and enjoyed free alcohol until 3 or something
>played vidya and didn't have to wait because it wasn't crowded
>went to a nice asian restaurant nearby
its what you make of it, really
really relaxed, small con.
>>
>>9261668
i wish that was a thing >>9261642
>>
anyone else going to ikkicon?
>>
>>9246227
So Ive never been to many cons or any lolita tea parties at all.

Do I only need a ticket for the tea party if its all I want to do? Or do I need tickets to both ikkicon and the tea party?
>>
>>9291721
plz no bully
>>
>>9291730
Last year they didn't even check for badges at the tea party, just for our names on the list.
>>
I will be carrying tons of free booze at ikkicon. Yes, you are welcome to it.

You will know me when you see me.
>>
>>9295023
Bless you anon, you are our one hope for this con actually being fun.
>>
Im up for making an ikkicon line chat or discord. Would anyone else be interested?
>>
>>9295141
A discord might be fun
>>
>>9295023
I'm gonna be looking for a guy carrying booze now.

...or a girl.
>>
Anybody know what's going on with Cosplay Armory? Heard there's some drama about the luxe dolls and someone calling him an abusive asshole? Any deets or is it stupid talk?
>>
>>9296731
Who?
>>
>>9296731
I saw that too but have no details.

Probably the luxedolls just being dramatic, as usual.
>>
>>9296926
Apparently one of their exes was called out for being abusive. That's a pretty big claim to make against someone so I'm hoping for their sake it's not just attention seeking. Though I've seen a few people outside of the group agree with the post, who knows. Who cares.
>>
>>9273383
This was meant to be a reply to >>9246493
>>
>>9296731
>>9296926
>>9297122
Any caps? Which girl and who's the ex?
>>
File: 16-12-22-16-02-43-589_deco.jpg (266KB, 669x800px) Image search: [Google]
16-12-22-16-02-43-589_deco.jpg
266KB, 669x800px
>>9297474
i got a screenshot from a friend, it came from the saturn
>>
>>9297507
OK this sounds like someone is just pissed off about a breakup but if this is the guy I think it is he's a grade A douche. Seems like drama from both sides is blowing things way out of proportion.
>>
>>9297507
Why is it always the Saturn involved in drama? You'd think by now the Luxe Dolls or whatever they're calling themselves now would kick her out for constantly tainting their perfect desu image by involving herself in needless drama making all of them look bad.
>>
>>9297903
Because Saturn can't go two seconds without attention so she makes other people's problems her own. She really needs to cool it being a spokesperson for everyone because it just makes them look worse and even more dramatic than they already are
>>
>>9297975
They already look pretty bad, but she's making it worse.
>>
>>9298417
It is honestly just their Saturn. They should kick her dramatic ass out. surprised they haven't yet since their Saturn does nothing but cause problems and make the rest of them look bad.
>>
>>9297546
I know exactly who this guy is and he is so full of himself and absolutely a grade A douche. That annoying saturn girl did not need to blast him on social media because everyone already can't stand him and none of that was even her business.
>>
>>9297507
>whining about people being mean desu
>from allison
>aint that the pot calling the kettle black

I wish theyd kick her ass out already, all shes ever done in her entire cosplay life is provoke drama.
>>
>>9299813
The only problem I have with them is that she is in the group
>>
>>9299813
Tbh I don't think they have a clue about shit she has pulled in the past
>>
>>9299824
Either they do and dont care, or theyre genuinely clueless. Im quite surprised she hasnt started drama with other members and gotten herself booted that way, i was never in her immediate circle but i had close friends who were (emphasis on the "were") and even now i still hear her dramatic bullshit. Shes such a cry baby, i genuinely think she thinks the world is supposed to revolve around her?
>>
>>9299790
She does not even know how to sew properly. Isn't their whole image about helping to make their own costumes? She can say she is sewing during their meets but I doubt she even knows how to thread a machine. You can tell the group is trying to get her to take wig and embroidery commissions just so it looks like she is making her cosplays. Keep up the lie, Ali.
>>
>>9299826
lol shes too desperate for ass pats to cause drama with the group

why else would she always try being the spokesperson any time something involves a member
>>
>>9299830
Lmao u right anon. I cant wait for her to see this thread and start bitching on twatter.
>>
>>9299827
I doubt the group made her open commissions or even asked her to. She probably just did it for attention.
>>
>>9299831
She is clearly on cgl all the time. She did the secret santa
>>
Just moved back to Texas. What are the top 3 cons I should be going to? I just moved down from Illinois.
>>
>>9300012
Anime Fest
San Japan
A-Kon
>>
So how exactly do you "ghost" a con? I want to go to the lolita tea party but I hear a lot of bad things about ikkicon and really dont want to spend the money for the convention if I dont have to.

Ive only ever been to like 1 convention before though so I dont get this ghosting thing
>>
>>9301621
If you're trying to go to a tea party, you're more than likely not going to be able to ghost. Ticketed events are a whole different ballgame than say, your average events of panels, dealer's room, artists' alley, etc.

Basically, you can go about ghosting in one of three ways.
1. Borrow someone else's pass for x amount of time.
2. Don't have a pass at all and just pretend like you're totally supposed to be there.
3. Bootleg pass.

1 is the easiest to pull off. If you know someone who is going to the con, ask if you can borrow their pass for a little bit. Do NOT borrow it for longer than you said you would or everyone will forever know you as the bitch who ran off with a badge for five hours and you'll never be able to borrow a pass again. Seriously, don't be an asshole. You just proceed to go about the con as normal since you have a pass now.

3 is easy if you get a good fake pass. Some cons don't really change up their passes from year to year, so you can use a pass from the year before. Some use paper badges, bless their hearts, so you just need a scanner at that point. You're just tricking a bunch of unpaid, overworked high school students so it doesn't have to be perfect.

2 is the hardest. You're going to have to be really good at pretending like you're not doing anything wrong. Walk into the dealer's room like you're supposed to be there. Make small talk with people in crowds/lines to minimize being singled out by volunteers. Walk fast, but not too fast. That sort of stuff. It's honestly easier done than said. Again, you're just tricking a bunch of overworked, underpaid high school students here, not cops.
>>
>>9301633
Well I was going to buy the ticket for the teaparty if thats what you mean.

But damn unless I do number 2 I really dont have anyone for 1 or a way to do 3.

I wish all I needed was the tea party ticket
>>
>>9301641
You can't just buy just a tea party ticket, you also have to have a badge. Just get a Sunday pass. Don't be a colossal asshole.
>>
>>9301656
Wow way to overreact. I just said I wish it was all I needed because its all I really care about, spending an extra 55 bucks to go to a convention I dont want is just a damper, thats all.
>>
It's my first time going to A-kon. If any of you are willing to put up with my shit, I'd appreciate it. I always carry an excessive amount of alcohol.
>>
>>9299827

Rofl none of those bitches know how to sew. And wtf is going on with their wigs? Rattier and rattier with every new pic.
>>
>>9301683
So...are you drunk already? A-Kon isn't until June.
>>
>>9301676
Then you don't get to go to the event. People that ghost are colossal assholes, you were talking about ghosting er go.

Yep, I sure love it when my whiny self entitled friends ask to borrow the pass I shelled out cash for because they think they're above paying for the con.
>>
>>9301831
This, to be frank. I regularly shell out $300+ per convention, and most of what I do is drink excessively and heckle panels. I have very little sympathy for somebody trying to skirt an entry fee. Or really poorfags in general.
>>
There's so much sand up so many vaginas in this thread.
>>
>>9302008
Eveyone got old and pissy.
>>
I'm going to Ikkicon for the first time this weekend. Do most people cosplay who are there? And since it is an anime centered con, is it mostly anime cosplay?

Sorry if these questions are dumb, I'm pretty new to cons and whatnot.
>>
>>9302030
>do most people cosplay
It's a mix. Cosplay, plain clothes, lolitas around too. You'll see more cosplay on Saturday and more Lolita on Sunday.

>anime cosplay
It's 70/30 I'd say, in terms of anime cosplay and others for ikkicon. It might change but that's usually Texan standard.
>>
>>9302030
Expect to see maybe 60/40 comics and video games vs anime cosplays. Anime cons haven't been anime cons in a long time.
>>
>>9300012
>>9300345
Anime Matsuri if you enjoy huge crowds and a pretty good car show. The fashion show is alright as well.

Ignoring all the John and Denise hate, just go for the con. Badges go up to $65 Jan. 1st
>>
>>9285411
I have friends who work at Disney and love it actually...
>>9287081
It is terrible, like only 2 panels I want to do. No dance on Friday I can pop my head into and say, "nah" then go t0 24 hour gaming, which better be 24 hours, because nothing better than drunk console gaming at 2 A.M.
>>9289508
Because Austin manages to fuck up cons year after year. Overload was a joke by the time it ended, and Ikkicon, as much as I personally love the people that own it, doesn't seem to ever get its shit together with panels.
>>9290691
Hyatt is not worth it for the bands, but the Ren hotel has a great bar, and great food, so fuck it, wristband me up.
>>9291692
Yes, I am cosplaying a bug catcher. I made some weedles to pin to me. Weedle is best pokemon. <3
>>9297507
No ty, I judge people based on my interactions, not others drama.
>>9301873
I mean people can go cheap if they want, but buy a badge to support the con if you are going to go into rooms that require one.
>>
Question about Akon. I assume the Omni Hotel is practically locked down by Akon, or will they open rooms to people at some point?
>>
>>9307176
You must be one of the 5000 people who keeps asking on that question on the A-Kon Facebook group. They posted there that at some point a 100 rooms will be released. Expect them to be gone within minutes.
>>
>>9303313
Don't recommend a con run by a megalomaniac creep and his crazy wife. AM is shit tier with decent guests because they're con artists.
>>
ACCC got moved to May this year instead of in the fall like last year.

Mfw I have half the time to work on my cosplays for it than I had planned.
>>
What do you guys look for in the schedule and events?
>>
>>9307681
I look to see if the panel or event even sounds interesting. Just based off Ikkicon, half the panels sounded so lame and uninteresting. Twitch 101? Wigs 101? Don't Run a Convention? It's like Ikkicon doesn't even look at the panels being submitted.
>>9300012
San Japan if you like good panels
AnimeFest if you like great japanese guests
Anime Matsuri if you like a mixture of both
>>
>>9307330
Yeah they were smart not to give a date.
>>
>>9307637
>ACCC got moved to May
its two weeks after comicpalooza. makes me livid.
>>
Is Oni-Con dead and over forever? I was looking forwards to going to a con on the beach someday...
>>
>>9308651
They are well known to not update anything until late spring or even summer. Unless it's September with nothing updated then we can consider it dead.
>>
>>9308651
Definitely not dead. They added j-fashion this year and had some pretty good events. The rest of the con was lacking as per usually though. Still mostly just good to sit and hang out with people.
>>
>>9308630
Oh what? I was looking into going to Comicapalooza this year, but I don't think I'll be able to do both of those cons at that rate.
>>
>>9308809
comicpalooza is better. alamo city is ok but i had more fun at panels and it was run wayyyy better at comicpalooza.
>>
>>9308964
I see. It's more of a matter of distance and transportation for me so ACCC is easier to attend.
>>
>>9308764
their jfashion events are all run by colin and stevie and becky
if you didn't already know
>>
>>9309184
The worst people.
>>
How do you guys feel about A-kon being the second largest anime con in the U.S.? Personally, I'm annoyed that most cons I hear about these days (even popular ones) are shit and that the only thing I can aspire to is AX. Of course, size has nothing to do with the quality of the convention.
>>
>>9309255
What's wrong with Becky? I thought people adored her.
>>
>>9310688
Who's the largest then? And is this largest attending population or largest amount of con sq feet?
>>
>>9310688
AX is shit too unless you like going to a venue that can't support a 100k people and lines upon lines lines then all the good events get crushed. Want to see the big events? Better have $500 to buy a premier pass which sell out in minutes.
>>
>>9310688
I just feel like maybe the second largest con in the US should have it's shit together by now. They just announced a ~special~ musical guest. It's a steampunk band. Are we going to get the creator of the me gusta face as a guest, too? 2010 called, A-Kon. It's time to get guests people care about. Last year's Steampunk ball had an appalling attendance. That thing was so empty. I wandered into the room thinking it was something else. Steampunk is dead and really never had any place in an anime convention to begin with. I wish they'd give that a rest. /end steampunk rant

I wish we'd have actual anime conventions again, though. I don't care about Undertale or Steven Universe or Killing Stalking. I need my weeaboo safe place.
>>
>>9311126
You're talking about upper management what is stuck in the 1980s. They've been called out for decades on being behind the times. They still book Steampunk and VK group when they're long dead. People still show up in droves. For every 2 peopke that says never again, 5 take their place.
>>
>>9311149

Pretty much hitting the nail on the head. The new venue should mean better guests. So far we have a steampunk band and list of local voice actors, most of which most people have never heard of.
Why steampunk? It's just dead or dying out. All that's left are people in their 40s. The bulk of attentees are teenagers. You would think they would at least attempt to appeal to their primary demographic.
>>
Has any Texas con ever topped Afest 2014?
>>
>>9311126
>>9311149
>>9311261
Tell them this. Blast it on social media, email programming. Communicate that this is not what you want to see and then suggest what you want. The only way to pull them into 2017 is to tell them this isn't what con attendees want.
>>
>>9311301
Bitch, we've all been saying this in reviews, post-feedback, forums, Facebook group and every possible outlet in which they'll pretend to listen for years. Many years.

They. Don't. Listen.

This is even when staff uses to troll the shit out of /cgl/. They would tell the ones at the top what people are bitching hard about but they still wouldn't listen as they have so much ear wax built-up from being old farts who think their shit is gold that they're deaf. They would fix other parts of the con only to break something else.
>>
File: 1456135475743.png (901KB, 1079x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456135475743.png
901KB, 1079x960px
Okay first time posting in this thread but some random dude at the arcade started talking about an orgy that happened at Ikkicon. Was he just bullshitting? I require details if not out of morbid curiosity.
>>
>>9311327
It was probably a furry orgy
>>
>>9311126
>>9311301
You fuckers act like this has never been said before. I stopped going in 2012 because it was the same shit over and over. Terrible guests and most of them were artists no one gave two fucks about, the bands were literally who tier, the panels I don't even remember because they were that lame, and the venue is only good for photoshoots so if you like having fancy venues in your photos, A-Kon is the place to be. Other than that, there's no absolute reason to go. Animefest has been better than A-Kon for fucking YEARS, San Japan is just in another class and even Anime Matsuri brings better guests and cosplayers.

But of course everyone has to go to A-Kon because
>muh venue size
>muh friend meetups
>>
>>9311331
Speaking of Matsuri, is anyone here going? I don't know if people are still butthurt from the incident a couple of years ago.
>>
>>9311331
I mean, to be fair, I haven't PAID for A-Kon in years. Still going, just not giving them my money. I've been one of my art friends' plus one, and I know at least from the perspective of anyone selling stuff, you cannot miss out on A-Kon. It sucks, but it's YUUUGE.

How is Anime Fest nowadays? Obviously from what you've said it's better, but I've been to craft shows that are better than A-Kon. I think the last time I went to A-Fest was 2010 or 2011 for one day.
>>
>>9311343
Going. Reluctantly. It is only because I get a free badge from a friend.

Going to Anime Matsuri is like voting for Trump. You don't want close friends to know you're attending but you quietly support them anyways.
>>
>>9311343
People give me hell if I say I'm attending AM. They are very much butthurt about it. It is still the 4th item down when you Google them. They are forever damned until they pay off Google to make it go away like all the other bullshit they've been caught on.
>>
>>9311343
"Incident" could be anything when it comes to AM. Are you talking about in 2011 when they booked at the same hotel as a god damn rodeo or the lolita bullshit nobody cares about or something else?
>>
>>9311349
The artist alley isn't anything more than what you'd expect from a normal con's artist alley but the guests are great (actual VA's and industry guests) and it's medium sized so there's still room to walk around but plenty of space to take pictures. The only thing they need to do is change the dates. Having it on Labor Day weekend isn't doing them any favors when kids are barely going back to school.
>>
>>9311387
>the lolita bullshit no one cares about
Ask any lolita about that incident. I bet you they're still butthurt about it because there always has to be drama when it comes to them.
>>
>>9311388
Animefest is no longer on Labor Day.
>>
>>9311390
not always, but sexual assault could possibly steer a good group away?
>>
>>9311393
That was two years ago. It's time to move on.
>>
>>9311396
Great advice. How about heading over to a rape support group to tell them the same thing. They'll listen to you.
>>
>>9311393
I've heard of supporting one of your own but the grudge Houston Lolitas have against AM is ridiculous.
>>
>>9311396
>move on
>from sexual assault
>>
>>9311390
I actually assumed it was "some bs drama" because i shut down and stopped listening any time i heard about it, but now that i know it was sexual assault? I dont blame them.
>>
>>9311268
I feel like SJ might in a few years if they ever pull their shit together with their main programming
>>
>>9311301
Some of the uper management really REALLY like steam punk. I heard the got some new people in the middle though. I don't know if they can make a big difference but we shall see.
>>
>>9311860
Just because you like something a lot and run a con doesn't mean you should force it on attendees. A smart person would know this. Don't bring shit to the table when people tell you to stop.
>>
>>9311407
I don't know, if there was that much evidence on a man who sexually assaulted many people I wouldn't want to give him money.

Or vote for him to be president man idk
>>
>>9311900
I agree but half of the benefit of being upper management is scheduling what you enjoy. I mean I don't like how it be, but it do.
>>
>>9311651
I heard they had a chance to top Afest 2014 by bringing Rookiez iz Punk'd but I heard they didn't execute it that well
>>
>>9311972

That's stupid. If you are doing your job you don't have time to enjoy anything anyway. Book what your attendees want.
>>
>>9312074
I don't know what the fuck you heard. They showed up and put on a good show.
>>
>>9312080
Agreed.
>>
>>9311860

I think you're right as far as those at the top are concerned. The steampunk panels and dances arent filling rooms at all. I still don't get why the steampunk dance has a better day than the masquerade ball. Plus they seem to put more money toward the steampunk one but that dance was a joke last year. Huge massive room and there was barely anyone there.

They just waste so much money on shit only they like. They could put that money toward actual relevant to Japan type guests.

I agree we need to blast social media
>>
>>9312244
I don't see any of you anon fucks putting on a massive campaign to change their minds. >>9311311 said it before why they don't listen.

As always, /cgl/ anons passive-aggressively bitch but refuse to do anything else. Nothing will change with your suggestions thrown to the side if it is just a few of you.
>>
>>9312244
Fuck yeah.

Or at lest more anime/Japanese related stuff... like..
How does steam punk even fit into a con these days?
>>
If you complain about how A-Kon runs things then continue to go every year, you're apart of the problem.
>>
>>9312366
>>9312366
I bet actual feed back to akon would help.
>>
>>9312468
She is a bitch who thought she was marring someone with money.

I don't know anyone who takes her seriously. I can go on a rant for hours about how shit a person she is.
>>
I am so sorry guy. If it makes you feel better she bitched about working there too.

Bitch can't hold a job worth shit or take care of her kids. The mental scars from not having a parent would be better.

I am afraid I will say to much and give myself away. I don't want to deal with more of her bitching.

I will let you know, she doesn't have much impact on the convention other than how pissed off the other staff get. She is so damn annoying.
>>
>>9312468
She is a massive headcase. She's been that way even before she popped out a couple rat bastards. I try to avoid her whenever she's 100 feet from my presence.
>>
>>9312468
They haven't given a shit since 2009. They know to make the show barely worth it to attend but as cheap as possible to put on.
>>
>>9312074
Yeah, that was my main jibe with SJ this year bc they decided to put the concert Friday night instead of Saturday night. Very poor planning too desu
>>
>>9310719
The newcomers of HLC do because they don't realize she's part of the entire AM/HLC fiasco and don't know she pushed away some to HLS. She was one of the last to step away from Matsuri and only pushed modding HLC to promote bling up. The new girls think she's perfect because of her Disney voice and decent coordinates, but she's on cgl pretty often. Since comicpalooza and oni-con she's been lying low but she's still every bit a fake bitch as she was back then.
>>
>>9313681
I'm curious, hls and hlc are split comms mainly because of the AM drama right? And if so, which side is each comm on? Is hlc still pro AM or did they purge that and pro AM moved to hls? Sorry that I've been living under a rock, I know about the drama up to the point John pushed to have Stephanie and Tati kicked out of hlc but what happened after that?
>>
File: 1355727705364.gif (186KB, 183x293px) Image search: [Google]
1355727705364.gif
186KB, 183x293px
>tfw not caught up in meta drama faggotry
See you fags at AM
Bring a suit and black tie, I'll explain on saturday.
>>
>>9313976
So hls was a splinter group that came from the AM drama. They were pissed off That K wouldn't step down and that the comm as a whole continued to support/let them interfere with the comm until the ugly truth came out. Now the only people in hlc that support AM are the ones that don't know any better or just don't give a damn.
The irony in it all is that HLS members have stayed going to shop in wonderland events and supporting AM and the Leigh's. So I don't know why they are still a thing desu.
>>
>>9314056
Hahaha for real?? So the split happened because of Leigh drama but there are members in both comms that still go to AM and SiW? It seems like the only reason there are two comms is that feelings are hurt too deeply for either side to give in. Do you know if John is still a member of hlc or has everything AM been purged from the group?
>>
>>9310719
I don't have anything against her personally, but I hate her fake persona and can't stand talking to her for more than a few minutes. I'd rather she just be a nasty bitch if that's who she is than listen to her affect some syrupy voice and delicate language. Honestly, most of the well-known TX lolitas have their heads so far up their own asses, and most of the people around them are either clueless or actively sucking up their shit.
>>
>>9314163
So you're going to try and fault her for carrying herself a different way when interacting with strangers than she does with her close friends? You realize that all people do this, don't you?
Look, in a community that is so thirsty for drama and willing to criticize ANYTHING about a person (like you criticizing her for being /too sweet/), she makes the active choice to be as pleasant as possible even when she's feeling stressed or upset so that strangers don't walk away with a bad impression. Plus, she's actually not a nasty bitch, especially not compared to people like Choke or Kate and at least she cares about the way she makes people feel.
>>
>>9314179
First of all, I probably know her better than you're assuming. We're not total strangers. Secondly, no, most people don't put on stupid fake voices to appear oh so lovely, and that's what I find incredibly unpleasant. Obviously she's not going to be a raging bitch to people she doesn't know, I just said I'd rather that than the sugary sweet act. Which is exactly what it is, an act, and it's off-putting to a lot of people. Plenty walk away with the impression that she's fake from it. Calm down, Becky stan, I'm not even tearing into her that hard by cgl standards.
>>
>>9314371
Sure is projecting in here, yikes
>>
>>9314378
I'm not the only person itt that's said she's fake or "the worst", and I've heard the same said elsewhere. I don't even dislike her, just her annoying act, but keep white knighting all you want.
>>
>>9314389
SURE IS PROJECTING IN HERE, YIKES
>>
>>9314391
Oh boy, bringing out the caps. We're one step away from ratchet clap emojis over here.
>>
>>9314411
YIKES
>>
>>9314415
YIKES
>>
>>9314439
YIKES
>>
>>9314468
YIKES
I
K
E
S
>>
>>9314076
AM members were purged. He has nothing to do with the comm. Denise the last I checked was still in it but doesn't do ANYTHING. She might have split. Only 1 mod openly supports them and she pretty much got for shunned for doing so. I personally don't support them, but I TRY not to judge those that do. Sadly most of the ones that do support them are really obnoxious about it so I end up coming off really rude about it. But whatever, if your going to be a cunt about your opinion I'll be a bitch right back. The last time someone even asked about AM on the hlc page she got linked to every bad thing about the con, got woke, then started to boycott it herself. Like I said, they either don't know or just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>9314561
Kk, thanks for taking the time to explain all that. One more question if you don't mind, is there any cross over between members? Or is that strictly forbidden?
>>
File: giphy.gif (422KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
422KB, 500x257px
Dallas gulls post yfw the new Kinokuniyas have cosplay DIY magazines and your life just got that much easier
>>
>>9314685
wait what?
>>
>>9314695
Not sure what the what is referring to, so sorry if this sounds like I'm making fun of you. I just want to get as much detail in as possible in case other gulls are also wondering "Wait what?"

Dallas has two Books Kinokuniya locations now, as in, the Japanese bookstore that I'm pretty sure only California, Washington, and New York had before. They just opened, like, as in last week.

The location in Carrollton focuses more on the weeb shit, while the Plano location is supposed to have more actual books. I visited the Carrollton location, but I'm told that the Plano location also has a decent selection of magazines.

There's a whole section dedicated to DIY, and a large part of this section focuses on cosplay magazines. They are, unlike ye olde western guides, actually in-depth, have patterns that work, and the magazines themselves are actually of great quality (like printing wise and all that). I just flipped through them since I came pretty close to closing time, but it looked like they had patterns for a lot of new series as well as great tutorials on how to actually make them. The price is a little higher than the yen value, but it's still cheaper than buying it online and shipping it (and faster).
>>
>>9314371
Anon, if you knew Becky half as well as you're pretending to, you would know that she's not being "fake". She actually is sweet, that part of her doesn't go away when she's with close friends. She's not Regina George.
>>
We should keep this going since the thread has hit sage.

>>9314695
>>
>>9314695
>>
>>9315410
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.