[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 41

File: 11041849_581c5990f3ea0.jpg (697KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
11041849_581c5990f3ea0.jpg
697KB, 500x600px
Last thread >>9234942
>>
>>9245570
Does anyone know if there will be some good black friday deals for lolita items? I know lolita desu had a sale last year.
>>
>>9245577
Usually no. But there is winter lucky pack season approaching.
>>
>>9245577
Not sure about Black Friday but IW have some seasonal lucky packs in stock still.
>>
How do you guys usually take pictures when you have to take them yourself?
I struggle getting nice shots of my outfits, because I don't have the best lighting in my room and a narrow mirror. Sadly I rarely ever have anyone to take pictures of my, because my only chance to wear lolita is when I'm out and about or visting family (and my boyfriend and family think it's really vain to take pictures of "my pretty self" every time).
>>
>>9245677
Lolita in itself is vain but who gives a fuck if you like it?
>>
>>9245677
1. If you're able to, get a standing full length mirror that you can position for photos, this might also help you to get better lighting if you place the mirror close to your light source.

2. Get a tripod for your camera/phone, if you put the device on a timer setting, you can take photos basically anywhere without having to hold it yourself.
>>
>>9245677
>my boyfriend and family think it's really vain to take pictures of "my pretty self"

fuck 'em. if they care about you and respect that lolita makes you happy they shouldn't complain (unless you're making them take pictures for like 10 min straight). just bring that up to them next time they say you're vain or whatever. this is your thing, and they have their things. you deserve respect.

but when i have to take them myself i use a tripod or put a full-length mirror in a well-lighted area. i only have a narrow mirror as well but you gotta do what you gotta do
>>
>>9245681
>>9245686
The problem is that I look really bad in photos and asking them to take 20 pictures of me in 3 poses every time I wear lolita (which is about once a week) to post them online comes off as really vain and annoying to them. I don't care how vain it is, but if I need to ask them to take the pictures their opinion kinda matters as well. That's why I want to take them myself without bothering them.

>>9245683
>>9245686
Thanks for the tripod idea, I'll get one and see how it works!
>>
>>9245577
Some indie brands do sales/lucky packs. I have gotten stuff from SweetMildred (yes it takes a long time) and mossbadger. AP SF and Baby SF might do something in store Friday and online the following Monday as well, although in previous years the sales haven't been too spectacular.
>>
I'm going to buy my first lucky pack this December. Is there a list of the options posted anywhere, ever?

Also, which brands do the warmest coats? I got one from Baby, and it is so thick that it won't be wearable often. I just want a very light jacket.
>>
What is the Australian brand that makes the cute animal brooches?
>>
>>9245820
peppermint fox, iirc
>>
Is anyone else waffling on Rose Museum? I wanted to buy it as a birthday present for myself but now that I've gotten a better look at it I'm less sure. It certainly doesn't seem to be selling particularly fast either.
>>
>>9246485
For some reason, the print reminds me of the clip art you see in E-cards. It just looks really rushed and tacky.

If you're unsure about the release, just wait it out. Because it's not a bloodbath, it's likely that dresses will pop up soon at lower prices, and then you can pounce if you're still interested.
>>
>>9246496

I'd honestly love it if they hadn't printed it on that dot crepe de chine fabric. That's my biggest issue with it.
>>
>>9246496
That's exactly what I thought - the print looked like 90s clipart. Unlike >>9246506 I really like the dot fabric but the it's hard to justify the slightly-above average prices at the moment (similar to how Royal Unicorn was more expensive and didn't sell right away).
>>
>>9245694
If you're posting the photos to facebook, you could arrange the settings so that those photos only show up to a specific group of people.
>>
Does anyone feel like there is noticeable difference in the personalities of people who wear different substyles (not the people who jump around a lot, but those that closely stick with one)? Or is my comm just a bunch of lifestyler weirdos?
>>
not on topic, but am I the only person that thinks cat's tea party is really fucking ugly?
>>
>>9246558
No, Nutella Ass, you are not.
>>
So I'm staying in an (airbnb) apartment in Tokyo for three weeks next year and can speak (or in this context write) Japanese.

Will I be able to make a Y!JP account and con people into selling to a dirty gaijin by just having a JP address to ship to?
>>
>>9246671
Yes, you can. Just remember to use keigo when speaking to the sellers, some of them leave neutral feedback if you don't.
>>
File: 1473886827782.jpg (149KB, 714x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1473886827782.jpg
149KB, 714x1118px
Does anyone else get discouraged with Closet of Frills? I'm not ugly and I know how to dress myself, but the once in a blue moon when I post I can't help but get sad that girls who can barely put an outfit together get more attention on their posts. I wonder if maybe my style is too plain? I don't wear many printed dresses.

Sorry to sound so whiney. I guess since I'm a lone lolita I want a little validation, but I'm too wimpy to post. My last one was over a year ago.
>>
>>9246900
Non print dresses always get less attention but I really love them too. I don't comment much on CoF but I do appreciate variety and I like your pic related. You could try posting and commenting more often. It's kind of an asspat circle there I have noticed though. Most comments on current trend items.
>>
Where do Chinese and Japanese lolita's usually post their coords? Do they have something like CoF?
>>
>>9246905
Thanks for the advice. I guess I feel weird that I've been in the fashion for seven years, but I feel like a newbie on CoF.
>>
>>9245677
I got myself a tripod and it made my life so much better. 10/10 would recommend
>>
>>9246932
This is why I don't bother at all with COF. I get what you mean about validation, it's fun, but I know I won't get much of it because of my personal style and how simple it is so I just do my own thing.
Do you post your coords anywhere else like tumblr or insta? I love seeing more simple styles.
>>
>>9246496
I feel that Belle Epoque Rose's print is cheap and low quality as well, but I still love it. I just love flower prints ugh.
>>
Does anyone know any good forums other than cgl to discuss jfash including lolita?
>>
>learn the newbie brand ita in my comm has a crush on me
>>
How does Haenuli's payment plans work? Is there a set amount you need to pay as a deposit and go from there?
>>
>>9247121
You should take her on as a project. Transform her from a massive ita to a delicate befrilled lady.
>>
>>9246900
I wouldn't take CoF metrics so serious. Please keep on posting non-print, "plainer" outfits to counterbalance the madonna/veil/sceptre/peignoir/fake glass/goldshoes/what have you ones.
>>
>>9246900
I wouldn't take that whole thing too serious anon. How many likes you get depend on the picture quality and post frequency. I once got a lot more likes on a below mediocre coord than one of my better coords, because the picture was better and there were less people posting.
>>
>>9246915
for Chinese girls probably Weibo and instagram.
>>
>>9246485
I like the lavender and I just know that colour is gonna be hard as fuck to find later because people don't care for it. But the exchange rate is so bad for me right now...
>>
>>9246554
ive only noticed it with people who wear dual styles like classic-sweet and classic-goth. very noticeable personalities (anyone else know some batshit crazy sweet-classic girls? i do!)
>>
>>9245677
Use a wireless shutter button. I have one that works with my phone, and I just position the phone on something stable (I do have a tripod, but you could use maybe your dresser and some books or something), and then use the button to snap the photo.
>>
I'm working on an old school themed coordinate. The purse I was planning on is actually a wallet/clutch that has a shoulder strap. Would that be appropriate or should I look for a brand tote?
>>
>>9247977
Depends on what the purse looks like.
>>
>>9246671
Idk if you've already done this but be sure to check with the Airbnb host if they're okay with you using their address for mail. I've had several who did not allow it.
>>
>>9246900
the quality and composition of your photo matters just as much

i think my mediocre coord only got so many likes because the posing was cute

>>9246554
there's the obvious differences in taste and aesthetics, but i don't think it's prominent enough to predict a lolita's personality based on her style. however, most classic lolitas i've met have been very mature and well put-together. perhaps because it's not so "in your face" like gothic and sweet, the two styles which often appeal to newbies

sweet lolitas are generally going to like cute shit, if that's what you're asking
>>
Can I order from the other Angelic Pretty locations I see on Twitter/Yaplog?
>>
>>9247979
It's an all black brand wallet, with black embroidery.
>>
>>9248004
Do you have a picture?
>>
File: 1407976514352.jpg (140KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1407976514352.jpg
140KB, 500x666px
I've recently been getting into gothic more and more and am especially into brands like Sheglit and alica auaa. Are there more brands that have that type of aesthetic? Or just more brands that cater (mostly) exclusively to gothic? I know of MMM and the like, of course.
>>
File: 180430020019.jpg (41KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
180430020019.jpg
41KB, 360x420px
>>9248017
Here you go! Its just a wallet so it could easily fit in a tote.
>>
File: bpn windowsill and rabbit sk.jpg (67KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
bpn windowsill and rabbit sk.jpg
67KB, 480x854px
>>9248020
antique beast, millefleurs noir, cornet, atellier pierrot...sometimes Marble, although their lace can be iffy.
the blouse in that coord looks like pierrot, the skirt, sheglit.

look out, as well, for things by Ozz On, H. Naoto, and putumayo as they put out some good goth things every so often in between more punk-oriented stuff.
also, try to get your hands on some secondhand BPN (pic related). no longer with us as a brand, but the clothes live on.
>>
>>9248182
Not who you're replying to but imo that should work fine for old school.
>Meta bags are best bags
>>
I'm tired of people selling on Lacemarket and through Paypal and trying to get the buyer to cover Paypal fees. It's against the rules of both sites and it's generally scummy. Add them to the general cost of the listing if you're so worried about those extra dollars off.

It's almost always European sellers who insist on this too. Why are European sellers so awful?
>>
>>9248492
ive dealt with this with every invoice ive ever paid, especially with reseller shops and i fucking hate it because i use those prepaid visas and if they charge me extra fees im fucked
>>
>>9248492
I agree. Paypal state their percentage, how hard is it to calculate the extra fees into the listed price?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op2bKP6M38Q
>>
>>9248492
I don't get this either. There are sites that calculate you the exact ppfees, why is it so hard to slap them on the price before?
>>
>>9249063
i'm glad somebody else saw this

i'm not about to be too mean because she has to cope with the fact that she's not going to be able to do anything in the near future, but she looks a mess and the living doll trend is dead

>"it's a lolita style"
>amazon JSK and no blouse

such a sad thing, though. whatever makes her feel better about it i guess
>>
>>9249063
shes cute and has a lot of potential but she needs to learn basic coording yo
>>
Does anyone know if Les Bourdons is also run by Choke?
>>
Okay so newfag here. I want to put together my first coord and was wondering if it's better to buy something that's in stock from the AP US website or wait till it shows up on lacemarket?
>>
>>9250277
If you want to pay more and get your item quicker, get it from AP USA. Waiting on Lace Market is a gamble.
>>
File: 1467771506054.gif (628KB, 172x192px) Image search: [Google]
1467771506054.gif
628KB, 172x192px
>Shipping a headbow from AP USA domestically: $17.47
>Shipping the same headbow from AP Paris to the states: €6

The hero we didn't know we needed.
>>
>>9250270
It is
>>
>>9250398
Geez, I'll stay away from it then. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>9250328
Jesus. Wtf is wrong with AP USA, priority mail is super affordable and you can insure it more pretty cheap
>>
File: IMG_0124.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0124.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>9250283
One time I ordered something from AP US and one of my packages from Japan got to me faster.
>>
So I'm an idiot and made an order through Tenshi because I somehow overlooked that the thing I wanted was still available on AP USA.

I cancelled like 10 minutes later, but her policies say she doesn't take cancellations. 10 minutes. How fucked am I?

What's she gonna do, go out and buy it anyway? I know it's my fault but I'm worried about it. Sorry, Tenshi.
>>
>>9247180
Lolita My Fair Lady?
>>
>>9249063
This is kind of old, but I do wonder how she and her husband is doing. I hope they're well. I wonder if anyone has done a Kickstarter to help pay medical bills and even a donation so she can enjoy wearing real lolita coords.

Almost posted without the archive link

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=Muscular+dystrophy
>>
>>9250850
My Fair Lolita
>>
could anyone with old school, or any moitie pieces upload detail shots of the lace? i know it might sound odd but it's because i'm learning to tat my own lace (as in making lace, not tattooing as someone misunderstood earlier today... i felt so bad) and i can offer you free samples of my work once i'm decently skilled at it if you're interested? i want to do lots of old school but also moitie motifs, such as coffins, crosses, and bats. it's not for anything shady like replicas, i'd be using them for original handmade pieces just bc i'm a perfectionist about lace quality and my great aunt can teach me so i might as well.
anything you'd like to see in lace? i'm considering working my way up towards making original memento mori motifs in larger strips of lace but this is all i've got so far
>>
File: IMG_5396.jpg (92KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5396.jpg
92KB, 700x700px
>>9250858
I have some of moitie's lace I have found all over the Internet saved for this reason.
>>
>>9250858
How much zoomed in do you want? Do you want to see the backside? Half decent mobile photos okay? I currently have 15+ types/colours of Moitie custom lace in my wardrobe and happy to help
>>
>>9250706
They make themselves some extra cash by overcharging
>>
>>9250858
As a Moitie-fag, this sounds tacky. Just make your own designs. I'm too lazy to take pictures of everything for a reason like this.
>>
>>9250858
Moitie lace is very different from tatting but if you can do some gothic themed tatting inspired by it, I think it would be unique and pretty, especially on wrist cuffs, headpieces or sock toppers. I miss sock toppers.
>>
AP usa posted a model casting call for their annual tea party yesterday. Any one thinking about applying? Is it worth missing out on the first part of the tea party?
>>
>>9251220
I saw this when they first put it out and the first comments were people bitching about not meeting requirements, so I won't. Don't want to have to deal with that directed at me.
>>
File: 803705568_93944.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
803705568_93944.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>9251220
i was actually thinking about applying despite living halfway across the country

i have some free airline tickets to somewhere on the west coast and i bet it would be really fun

the first comments were stupid as hell. it's a modeling job, like any other modeling job. AP is made to fit a certain range of measurements, and even those measurements are relatively forgiving. i thought it was in really bad form of them to comment directly on the post. not classy.
>>
>>9251220
>when you're too fucking short to apply
i'm gonna try anyways, maybe they'll be ok with it since i'm just a little under
>>
>>9251237
same, i'm short by an inch

what're they gonna do, measure me? checkmate, AP
>>
>>9251220
huh, i am surprised it only mentions height requirements and not measurements, but I guess that's something they can reject once they see the pic of the girl applying.
still, this sole requirements is very forgiving and people are still bitching? what a bunch of cry babies.
>>
>>9251241
They probably will measure you, JSK. It's a modeling job.

>>9251243
they mentioned measurements.
>>
>>9251247
jsyk*
>>
>>9251247
sorry, i meant as requirements.
usually they have a range of measurement range requirements.
>>
>>9251249
They know people will bitch even more so they didn't say that, but asked for measurements so they can filter out people without them knowing.
>>
>>9251247
i want to believe that my cute face and otherwise good body measurements will make up for an inch or half an inch

i'd understand if i were 4'11

>>9251243
i'm glad they didn't include specific measurement ranges, it would've triggered the sjw-chans even more

this way they'll get weeded out individually
>>
>>9251253
You're still just as bad as the other people bitching. It's a modeling job and you don't fit what they want, stop trying to desperately cling to the idea you'll get it because you think you're cute.

You don't match the very forgiving requirements(which they have for a reason btw), it's not for you.
>>
>>9251253
They have a wide range for the height they want and you don't fit it. So you're going to lie to them? They'll measure you, you know. Once they found out you lied you'll be blacklisted. Not the first time this has happened. Your entitlement is unreal.
>>
>>9251260
Then you fit the measurements. If you didn't it would be shitty of you to lie. Congrats.

You're still an entitled cunt tho.
>>
>>9251260
I sent an email to AP USA telling them to watch out for people who are lying to get in with screenshots of your posts. Better hope your measuring was accurate~
>>
>>9251263
Nobody cares that you think you are cute, we just care about your shitty attitude and the fact you were willing to lie to get what you want. It's hilarious you complained about people bitching about not fitting the requirements and then turned around and did exactly that. All of your posts are super fucking cringy, and I can tell you with your spergy attitude you probably won't get in.
>>
>>9251263
I am having so much second hand embarrassment from your posts

jfc
>>
>>9251268
Nobody is angry, we're just embarrassed for you.
>>
Jfc just report and ignore this HWC wannabe cringefest and move on.
>>
Anyone know of a working coupon for Wunderwelt? Just asking on the off-chance there is one floating around that's universal.
>>
>>9251279
We are reporting because you are shitposting and off topic. Also because you seem to really really want to be HWC. You aren't original and copying her isn't cute.
>>
>ITT: an anon who is obviously shitposting manages to make you all mad as fuck

Why are you all so easily baited? Holy shit.
>>
>>9251220
if i was going id love to apply, but i think i would rather attend a few tea parties first so i wouldnt feel like i was missing out on anything
>>
>>9251302
I read it, and it's not impossible to believe that it was just to get a response out of all of you. It screams instigation.

>same, i'm short by an inch. what're they gonna do, measure me? checkmate AP.

And it worked. It really, really worked.
>>
>>9251309
Mad, but good at getting a response out of people (as much as they don't want to admit it). I give her a B+. You other anons need to get better at sniffing out bait. Shameful display.
>>
>>9251315
HWC, I meant "you other anons" as in the dumbasses who took the bait. I'm an oldfag and we've run in the same /cgl/ salt circles too many times.
>>
>>9251220
Based on youtube videos that I have seen of the 2016 AP Paris party, it seems like the fashion show is the first thing that happens. So I would guess that the models would only miss out on the initial mingling before the party. But who knows
>>
>>9250953
half decent mobile pics are absolutely fine, just trying to get an eye for the motifs and details! tysm for offering to help
>>9250976
you're absolutely entitled to considering it tacky, but as someone who is also a moitie fag and fully intends to pay scalper prices for their rare pieces, i'd consider it an homage as long as the overall designs are completely original since lace is such a small part of the overall design, and i also intend to do mostly original motifs and designs and details. the moitie lace would kind of be for practicing simpler gothic motifs, if that makes sense. i won't be making any money off of it, either, and i fully plan on switching to much more original designs once i'm sufficiently skilled
not intending to come off as defensive btw, just wanted to explain my reasoning
but as i said you're perfectly free to interpret it as tacky and there's no need for you to take pics of your pieces if you don't want to, have a good one anon!
>>
>>9250999
oops sorry, i forgot to reply to this one. sock toppers are an excellent idea and something i wouldn't have thought of myself. it'll be a while until i learn to tat, since my great aunt lives on the other end of the country, but stick around in lolita generals and i might send you some basic sock toppers etc to thank you for your suggestions
>>
>>9251352
just wanted to let you know that i think this is a cute and fun idea and another lacework-fag supports you

i knit and crochet my lace and have been trying to figure out what's best for socktoppers and wristcuffs. maybe i'll give tatting a try!
>>
>>9251360
thank you so much! i'd like to learn to crochet lace as well, as i think it'd give it the right texture and thickness i associate with thicker old school lace. since tatting in particular is such a lost art form nowadays i'm also considering doing picture and video tutorials that don't show my face to pass on what i learn, but only once i am strictly making original pieces as i think that would be the best way to teach others (especially other lolitas) how to make their own from scratch. i think kanon wakeshima could be used as some nice background music in between me talking/when text pops up to describe what i'm doing (haven't decided if i'm going to use my voice yet as i'm a bit self conscious of it)
i'll be sure to link my channel once it's got some tutorials on it!
>>
File: header.jpg (2MB, 2918x1501px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
2MB, 2918x1501px
>>9250858
Lace incoming
>>
File: DSC_1422.jpg (2MB, 1989x1937px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1422.jpg
2MB, 1989x1937px
>>9251389
Backside
>>
File: DSC_1421.jpg (908KB, 1709x1673px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1421.jpg
908KB, 1709x1673px
>>9251393
>>
How reliable are CC measurements?
I'm looking at an old Btssb coat thats listed with 44cm bust flat measured by CC, which makes about 88cm total. Btssb however listed it as 95cm bust. Which one is more to believe?
>>
>>9251410
CC
>>
File: images-2.jpg (6KB, 123x144px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
6KB, 123x144px
Does Typewriting Squirrels ever show up not in the pink color way? I like the ivory but havent had much luck.
>>
>>9251220
Applying because I wasn't planning on going to he tea party and want to know if AP thinks I'm pretty.
Pretty funny how people were complaining about how it "probably won't be plus size friendly" on the post, why would they choose models who don't look good and don't fit into their dresses ?
>>
>>9251603
They probably have a size cut off and obviously will choose models who can fit any AP cut without difficulty. Why in the world do fatties think they are lolita model material? Most of us try our best NOT to look like them in our clothes.

I'm a little surprised a fatty hasn't lied about her measurements and then got sent away once she showed up though, it will probably happen someday.
>>
>>9251220
Are there any AP shoes that wil fit US 9-9.5 feet? I doubt it but why not ask?
>>
>>9251667
some of their teaparties come in LL sizes, which might fit
>>
>>9251689
Thanks Anon, worth a try I guess. Hopefully someone else can confirm but I think I'm going to take a chance.

Mfw I'm fine in my other measurements but big feet are big.
>>
>>9251350
You're not a Moitie fag if you barely own much (if any) of their items, anon.
>>
>>9251411
Closet Child aren't always accurate either. Sometimes they're lazy and either guess without measuring or just copy and paste from a template.
>>
>>9251667
I'm also 9 and their teaparties run small but I still wear them. I've had less trouble with their heels.
>>
>>9251730
fair, moitie newfag? moitie admirer? aspiring moitie fag perhaps?
>>
>>9251380
Maybe wait until you have actually learned to tat and crochet and have made several things to start talking about tutorials, etc. You are getting way ahead of yourself.
Do you wear lolita yet? You sound very new, very young or both.
>>
I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread to ask but I wasn't sure where to direct my question. I'd like to make an offer on a jsk on Lacemarket, but I'm not sure how low I can go without offending the seller or being unreasonable. It has been listed at $200 for a few months, and on her website for over a year. I haven't been able to find any previous listings on Lacemarket or elsewhere as a price reference; Lolibrary doesn't have an entry for it either.

>>9248212
I'm expecting that corset overskirt to arrive in the mail soon!
>>
>>9252204
Have you tried looking on the brand's blog? Or maybe search the old egl comm sales on livejournal. It's hard to say how low you can go without knowing the brand/quality. If it's a rare piece from a quality brand, $200 might be reasonable. If there's damage or wear, then yeah, I'd haggle.
>>
I have been trying to buy some things from kittycarousel , i sent them an email about shipping and they still haven't replied and they don't seem to have updated their facebook or lj in a long time.

Should i just buy and ask questions later?
>>
>>9252245
Thanks for your suggestions. It’s an Atelier Boz piece, but I had no luck finding it in their blog. I managed to find one on livejournal for $210 shipped in 2009 but it wasn’t marked as sold. I then found a YJA listing from 2015 that appears to have ended at 10800Yen with no bids, but it was missing the collar chain. I forgot to mention that the one on lacemarket is faded on one shoulder from being exposed to sunlight, which is another reason why I'm unsure about how much that could affect the price.
>>
Any one got deets on the secret about the baby puking on HL? I fucking died laughing.
>>
>>9252400
Wow, I would not pay $200 for something faded. Maybe $100 at most if nice Boz, but you can't fix fading especially in only one area that's visible.
>>
>>9251777
"baby moitie fag" could play off the "baby bats" used to describe new goths.
>>
>>9252437
Check out the comm horror thread.
>>
>>9252466
only a footie into moitie.
>>
>>9252438
My sentiments exactly, especially considering it's near the face area. I feel like she won't be willing to go much lower than her original asking price given how long she's had it listed, but I'll try anyway.
>>
File: marieonly.jpg (41KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
marieonly.jpg
41KB, 300x400px
Sooo, I'm getting married at the start of December and I'm wearing Mary Magdalene Antionette Fleur in the Black/White colorway.
I've got a black rose hairclip with a small veil for wearing on the side of my head; but I'm really struggling for hairstyles.

I have a million wigs but I'm not sure I want to go that OTT. I've also got a lot of extension pieces I can utilise (All are pretty long).
I've googled other people's co-ords in Antoinette fleur but I'm still not 100% sure of what I want to go for. If anybody has any ideas or can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!
I look better with my hair down but I also really suck at doing my own hair so I'm going to need as much practice as possible.
>>
>>9252466
mini mana
>>
>>9253264
martin
>>
File: 1598735.png (18KB, 486x139px) Image search: [Google]
1598735.png
18KB, 486x139px
>the rules are in place for a reason!!!!!!
>this isn't for you!!!!!!
>>
>>9253327
that's not me? just somebody who asked the question. but good on you for shitting on a random nice girl.
>>
>>9253241
Have you tried posting this in the Coord Help Thread?
>>
>>9251730
Question for Moitie fags: How many pieces would you consider to get you out of "Baby Moitie Fag" stage?
>>
>>9253332
>implying somebody would be stupid enough not to block out their own name

you sound salty that the 5'2s are allowed in now, tall-chan
>>
>>9253334

Five? That's enough to show you've invested something in the brand.
>>
If I were to submit to the model search, would I include pictures of myself in lolita or pictures of myself in more fitted clothing? I thought that the obvious answer would be lolita, but for the BTSSB searches they request fitted clothes. AP USA was very vague.

Maybe a side by side of in lolita and out of lolita, and a side by side of regular makeup and then minimal/no makeup?
>>
>>9253334
I agree with 5 main pieces but I think you need at least a few Moitie accessories too, and a bag would be good.
>>
>>9253385
>>9253496
5 is nothing. Around 20 I'd say.
>>
>>9253496
>>9253550
And you're not a real Moitie fag unless you wear head-to-toe (or almost) Moitie. Certainly no Taobao knock-off accessories/shoes either.
>>
>>9253334

Would have said this >>9253551 pretty much, plus Moitie needs to be your wardrobe staple. There's girls who like Moitie, and Moitie fans, but if we're talking Moitie fags, generally the term is reserved for someone so deeply in love, Moitie is the one and only true brand for them. I wouldn't call someone with 5 Moitie main pieces and 50 AP main pieces (for eg) a Moitie fag, that's more like they're an AP-fag who likes Moitie rather than other way around.
>>
>>9253331
I didn't consider it as I thought hairstyles were more general, but I will! Thanks
>>
>>9253550
I'd say minimum of 5 if you're head-to-toe Moitie and style it similarly to Mana's GLB shoots/similarly to the brand catalogs i.e. basically wear "EGL". Because that way anyone can look at you and go 'that person is a Moitie fag' no matter what you're wearing, and you can still have enough variety in your wardrobe to make 2 weeks' worth of outfits.

If you have branched out a bit and like to wear your Moitie with off brand blouses, or other gothic/lolita brands, I'd say more like 20 main pieces plus no more than 5 main pieces from other brands. If you aren't unequivocally devoted to Moitie in its entirety you have to prove your love more.
>>
>>9253320
Look, I'm not gonna be a bitch and lie and say you're ugly, because you're not at all ugly. In all honesty you're only ever so slightly above average, and that's being generous. But don't be here saying how cute you are when you're just a plain azn
>>
>>9253334
I agree with 5 as the others said. But >>9253560 has a point. If one brand over powers your closet then your not as much a motie fag as that other brand. My closet mostly consists of moitie items 3 to every one other brand I own. So I would consider myself a motie fag. But my BFF has more AatP in her closet then moitie. But we both have more then 5 moitie main pieces. She's an AatP fag by that logic.
>>
>>9253578
>not reading the other replies

bitter tall-chans back at it again. juvy is just the girl who asked the question. do you really think she would post herself here?
>>
>>9253619
Okay fair enough that makes sense. However I'm 5 feet tall
>>
>>9253621
oh, sorry. carry on, fellow short-chan.
>>
>>9253551
What if feet are too big for precious one-size Moitie shoes? Suggested alternatives?
>>
>>9253320
This makes me laugh because if they bend the rules for shorties, then the fatties are going to cry 'unfair'.
>>
>>9253631
the thing is they have no rules/cutoffs for weights or other body measurements, so fatties will never know. they just have to assume that if they don't get accepted it's because of their curves, i guess.

smart on AP's side of things.
>>
>>9252204
It's not worth it trust me! I know the dress you're looking at and the auction. I was eying up the Lacemarkey listing. The seller on LM has some shady history from the LJ days and has bad LM feed back The price is far too high especially with the damage which really isnt fixable; theres a good reason why its been up for so long. I managed to grab the dress that you're after fairly recently on either Maiden Clothing or Tokyo Alice for iirc just over 10k yen.
>>
>>9253629

lol Moitie shoes come in sizes, anon. The trouble is finding them. Can't remember the last time I've seen a shoes release on either cdjapan or moitie's webshop. Also mourning their lipstick, now that I can afford them they're no longer being produced, and lipstick is one of those items that can't really be bought secondhand (not after so many years).

Anyway, I'd guess this is where the
>(or almost)
comes in. Head to toe in moitie except for minor pieces, and the style should be consistent with Moitie so others can recognise your dedication.
>>
>>9253637
not a moitiefag for anything, but wondering: is there a unique way of styling things that's associated with other brands? we see someone pay homage to Mana and we're like, "yeah that's Moitie as hell"

would the BTSSB equivalent be Misako? i don't see people emulating her specifically very often. is this just something that happens with MMM?
>>
>>9253640

The other brands (and Misako) generally trendhop like crazy, more than one brand produces the same style, the same brand usually produces more than one style, so it's much harder to pin down styles. There's also Mana's fandom, some Moitiefags view their brand loyalty to Moitie as part of their allegiance to Mana, so it's expected that Moitiefags will exclusively wear Moitie, while it's more normal for other lolitas to wear AP today and Meta tomorrow, and some girls take pride in wearing as many different brands in one coord so as to make a point of not wearing a full set.

I do think there's a few signature looks that kind of belong to each brand, but they tend to be easily overlooked. Like JetJ is one of the really obvious ones where they do this kind-of-weird-kind-of-maybe-not-lolita-even, exploratory, artsy, mature sort of style. IW is the other one where they do very toned down, classic-for-young-maidens sort of looks.

Meanwhile VM and MM tend to be easily confused for each other as they had a stint of doing A-line, small-ish dresses with no shirring, and similar style, so it's harder to tell which is which. Then btssb has two distinct looks that seem their own, one is the sweet-artloli style distinct from JetJ (Ave Maria Heavenly Lily, Rose Fragrant Memories), and the other is Momoko's casual style (karami 3-tier, babydoll jsk) that no one else seems to produce, but some of their stuff is easily confused with AP or even Meta. AP's signature seems to actually be trendhopping, they produced salopettes for fairy kei at its height, they produced sleeveless cutsews for hime/gyaru, and apparently Dolly Dot is somewhat of a nod to larme-kei.

If you knew what to look for, you can sometimes spot the btssb-fag preferring to dress toned-down, the AP-fag always trend-hopping, or the IW-fag consistently giving off ye olde style maiden gives, but it's not as easy to recognise as Moitie's EGL style.
>>
>>9253640
Some girls will do the styling like Mana does in photos but it's just mostly that Moitie fans can recognize the pieces including accessories and it's almost always styled severely Elegant Gothic Lolita which still IS the definition of wearing mostly Moitie, I guess. People used to be more snobby about that, reserving EGL and EGA for Moitie-based coords only but standards have unfortunately slipped.
Misako has modeled lots of sub styles for many brands even Bodyline so no, it's not really the same.
>>
>>9253689
thank you for the really well-thought out response anon! this is all interesting to me as a new-ish lolita. i don't know much about the who's who or what brand is notorious for what. these kind of nuances make me love the style even more. makes it feel more subculture-y. thanks again!

>>9253695
that makes sense! i was wondering why there weren't more misako-emulators but she's been all across the board, as opposed to Mana who just does Mana's thing as an entity surpassing trends. thank you anon!
>>
>>9253575
>Because that way anyone can look at you and go 'that person is a Moitie fag' no matter what you're wearing, and you can still have enough variety in your wardrobe to make 2 weeks' worth of outfits.
this is it, to me. someone who emulates Mana's style of EGL or EGA, owns primarily Moitie, and styles their coords according to the his EGL aesthetic. head-to-toe Moitie with a madonna crown and underskirt and soft larme-style makeup might be a Moitie brandwhore but not someone invested in Moitie faggotry
>>
File: oldlolisecret1.jpg (47KB, 419x338px) Image search: [Google]
oldlolisecret1.jpg
47KB, 419x338px
>>9253640
>is there a unique way of styling things that's associated with other brands?
never forget the AP clones
>>
>>9253744
i was wondering about this! is wearing full sets oftentimes a sweet lolita/Angelic Pretty thing? i know i'm guilty of it. it seems like AP sets in specific are generally coveted.
>>
>>9253747

As an AP-fag I can't figure out if this is true or not, because I also buy my Baby, IW and Meta stuff in sets. I just like sets in general, and would probably still be into buying sets if Baby dresses had pockets so I could become a Babyfag (I'm mostly into AP for the pockets). Maybe it's more generally a sweet lolita thing? Decent offbrand sweet lolita accessories are much harder to find than gothic or classic stuff, so buying the full set usually looks much better 90% of the time.
>>
>>9245570
I constantly see people commenting about bad quality floral tights on this board, but do you know where i can find good quality ones? Especially for tall sized girls
>>
>>9248492
We pay hundreds in import/customs fees per item
>>
>>9253874
I like sets because it makes it easy to wear when I just want to dash out the door. I can always mix and match for something more creative, but I just feel more secure if I at least have the dress, legwear, and headwear. I have a few AP pieces that are ocean and mermaid themed, so I've matched Marine Kingdom and Dream Marine. I also like fullsets because I'm also just a collector.
>>
>>9254016
That doesn't stop you from adding them to the cost of the listing, it's really not that hard. Do eurofags not know multiplication?
>>
Has anybody here bought from lolitawardrobe.com? Are they legit?
>>
>>9253747
I personally prefer sets, especially if the set items can coordinate with other items in my wardrobe. I normally buy at least the dress and headbow and then if I like the accessories, I'll collect those for particular sets as well. I can normally skip on socks, but sometimes I like to have them. I have a few sets with matching socks in different colors too.

Most of my wardrobe is AP though. But I don't think it would be all that different if I collected specifically Baby or Meta. If I stuck to one color like black I'd probably care less about having things in sets.
>>
>>9254177
Looks like a taobao reseller. Still wouldn't use it though, but say, if someone who wasn't familiar with the fashion was buying a dress for someone, that is who that kind of site is for.
>>
>>9253634
I actually had decided last night not to go for it. I absolutely love the dress so I was quite torn about the decision but I feel better now that you've confirmed my concerns; thanks for the info. I really hope it pops up again so I'll keep checking for it. Since you have it would you mind telling me if the measurements are truly 86cm bust, 72cm waist and do you know the name of the piece? I'm curious about the fit, especially in the waist area.
>>
>>9254016
Sounds like a you problem. Also, trying to recoup customs fees by selling above market is pretty stupid. No wonder no one wants to buy from you.
>>
I have some garments that are missing some detachable elements. How can I price these accordingly? I'm talking bows, modesty panels, etc
>>
https://youtu.be/UoIKnocd5PE
What print is the chick in the first video wearing? I think it's a haenuli one but I don't recognise it...
>>
>>9254887
It's by Lief
>>
>>9253992

Eugh, no. Avoid floral tights altogether. Either go for plus-sized brands (Haenuli tights are very generous), or go for lace or textured tights. Or learn to modify tights into high socks and wear them with garters.

On floral tights, the " flowers" tend to appear as uneven blotches on everyone's legs, making your legs look diseased. I've honestly never seen cgl let any floral tights slide, period.
>>
>>9254410
Hiya, understandable. I spent about a year to eighteen months keeping my eye out for it to come up again, after kicking myself for not grabbing it when I saw it on YJA/MBok. There was another dress listed at the time, listed as Boz, that I ended up going for which turned out to be older Atelier Pierrot which I adore, but always regretted not being able to afford both. I can't compare the measurements really as I have a feeling that mine is the mens size due to the direction of the buckles, compared to the LM listing. It's tricky to find the actual waist on it as it doesn't have a defined waist seam, it's quite loose but is comfy, as the buckles sit higher up on the torso. It's full length on me at 5'6 tall. That said, as someone who would fit the ladies size, I find the men's size fits fine as well, and it doesn't look 'off'. Mine came with the chain intact, in perfect condition. I'm not sure about the year or name of the piece, sorry. I think it's at least 2011-2012 or earlier, though, as it wasn't until after then that I started really getting into Boz. It's well worth holding out for, trust me, as it's gorgeous, and the skirt is insanely full. Just keep checking the various second hand sites when you can, from the auctions to WW, to Tokyo Alice, Alice Fururun, etc. I double checked where I got mine from, and it was Maiden Clothing in July, and I paid just under 13K yen before SS fees. Mine was a random chance fluke to find it as I hadn't checked Maiden Clothing for ages. Just be patient, maybe put up a wtb post, and I really hope that you can track one down. Photos do not do this dress justice, it's really lovely, quite heavy fabric with a gorgeous drape, it's a favourite of mine. Please, if you find another, post here to let me know, and Id be happy to keep my eye open for you for if another pops up for sale.
>>
>>9254410
>>9254960

Just as a thought, would you like for me to post the pictures from the Maiden Clothing listing of my dress? So that you can see it on a dress form rather than that wire thing used in the LM post. I saved all of the listing's photos from when I bought mine, which include it from the back, close ups of the neck, etc. What's really cool about the neck chain is that it attaches to the backs of two buttons that sit under the collar, with the chain feeding through the full size buttonhole. It sounds odd, but it's a great little detail.
>>
>>9245681
Bless you anon
>>
>>9245818

Angelic Pretty, BTSSB, Metamorphose, Innocent Word, Juliette et Justine all sell lucky packs or happy packs (a set of dress, blouse/cardi, socks and bag). Also I believe MmM does too.
>>
>>9254984
I'm not that anon, but I'm interested in seeing anon!
>>
>>9254997
Also buying first ever lucky pack.I really want to get AP, and I tried searching for what kind of items, and how many people get but all I can find is the happy pack unboxings and reviews. Where can I find some photos of open lucky packs?
>>
What are some good transparent...overskirts is the word I suppose? I've seen a couple of sheer half skirts to go over skirts, on indie sites and the like.

On that note how do you guys feel about them? I think they're pretty and have a sort of etheral look to them.
>>
File: punkmisako.jpg (37KB, 236x421px) Image search: [Google]
punkmisako.jpg
37KB, 236x421px
>>9253640
yeah, like other anons said, Misako is an all-around lolita model who has modeled consistently for just about every brand, though she's worked with (and even designed for) BTSSB more often, and sweet hime lolita seems to be what she enjoys most imo.

here's a rare Misako I came across recently
>>
So I was just browsing Wunderwelt's website and something strange happened. A skirt I liked was about 9,000 yen. The characters were in alphanumeric characters, so I could see the price without translating the page. I translated it with Google Translate, and the price of the item changes (dropping down to a little more than 8,000 yen). I have no idea where this new number came from. Does anyone know why this happened? Am I an idiot and missing something obvious?
>>
>>9254946
Thanks for the advice!
I'm thinking about modifying my upcoming taobao tights into high socks. Can you do it by hand or a sewing machine is required?
>>
Today I found out that you could preorder Les Bourdons shoes for half the price from her Chinese front.
http://www.weibo.com/u/6034693882
>>
>>9255200
She models a lot for meta recently. Can't recall her modelling offically for AP tho.
>>
File: P_20161114.jpg (147KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161114.jpg
147KB, 800x578px
>>9255490
Not sure if this would be considered official modeling for the brand but my GLB (#52) has Misako and Midori modeling some AP (apologies for bad quality photos)
>>
>>9254960
>>9254984
I would love to see photos, especially so I can keep them as a reference too. Good to know there's also mens size, just in case (I have almost no bust but a wide ribcage/broad back). Thank-you for such a thorough response, and yes, I'd appreciate it very much if you could keep an eye out for me. I'll be doing the full round of checks from now on.
>>
>>9255482
the fuck...
>>
File: T2Y_N9XcxcXXXXXXXX_!!32312230(1).jpg (314KB, 750x1526px) Image search: [Google]
T2Y_N9XcxcXXXXXXXX_!!32312230(1).jpg
314KB, 750x1526px
How often does this dress come up? There's the black colourway on Lace market, but I already bought three dresses and I'd rather get the red dress. Would it be worth it to nab it now or wait?
>>
>>9255657
Forgot to mention that it's the dress that got me into lolita in the first place, which is what really has me so torn.
>>
>>9255657
It's an ugly looking dress so I wouldn't get it at all.
>>
>>9255670
To each their own, I guess
>>
>>9255657

I'd get it since Kidsyoyo isn't going to sell it anymore. I'd kill for it in general and wish I got it when it first came out.
>>
>>9255173
Look at luckypacks @ livejournal, or just google the brand and lucky pack or 福袋 to see previous years' packs.

AP usually has a special rainbow-vomit print in three colors, a pack that includes a coat and a pack that contains a salopette. There is also a non-print dress pack available (which have been quite popular lately).

Baby have been doing a lot of lucky packs lately, but per previous years Baby and Aatp will get their own print in two colors.

Meta, per previous years, usually do a special print/re-release in JSK and OP styles and a skirt lucky pack similar to the summer ones.
>>
>>9253481
why dont you ask them instead of asking here? that way when they answer other people can get some insight too
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 480x640px
>>9255556
>>9255059

Great, here's a small incoming dump of the pictures. Apologies, I'm not able to make a collage of the images for you both.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 480x640px
>>9255556
>>9256006

Here's the back.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 480x640px
>>9256006

Neck close up.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 480x640px
>>9256006

Close up of the collar and the armpits, which are generously roomy.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x640px
>>9256006
Final picture, the back buckles. Any little white marks you can see on the photos turned out to be fluff, there is nothing wrong with the dress at all. You can't tell from these photos how lovely the very full skirt is - it's fuller than any of my lolita dresses, and fuller than any of my other Boz dresses. I really hope that this helps, Anon. Good luck with finding one.
>>
>>9255418

I've modified tights by machine, the key is to put a piece of stabilizer underneath your sewing to stop the material from scrunching up or getting sucked into the needle hole. I've heard other girls have issues with their machines eating their tights though, so I guess if you're not used to sewing machines and it's a precious pair of tights you don't want to take chances on, might be safer to do it by hand.
>>
I can't remember, when do winter coats from brands usually go on sale? I feel like coats are the most expensive thing to buy new in Lolita.
>>
>>9256006
>>9256008
>>9256011
>>9256015
>>9256025
Thanks again anon, these are great. It has even more panels than I thought, no wonder the flare is so drastic. I can't wait to find it!
>>
>>9256610

You're very welcome. I had been in exactly the same place as you with regards to contemplating the overpriced LM listing (because of the damage mainly) after spending so long looking for it after not going for the YJA one last year, so it was the least I could do after finally managing to find one. Don't give up, and I wish you the best of luck.

If anyone does know the details for this piece, such as name and what year it's from, I'd be really interested to find out, from a collector's perspective, as its a favourite piece of mine.
>>
>>9255482
They're probably manufactured in China and the cost of shipping and legally importing them to the EU is part of the EU cost.
>>
>>9256444

You could always get them secondhand, closet child has some nice things up.

Otherwise, the sale period is generally right after the new year's lucky pack period. In fact, you run a good chance of getting a coat if you get one of the blind lucky packs (plus AP generally does a version of their special prints with a coat included in the set.)
>>
>>9256444
There's already been a few coat sales anon. I just got one this week from baby for only 10k yen.
>>
>>9256672

That sounds like a legit reason except Choke is already known to shill the fuck out of everyone and essentially cheat them out of their money.
>>
Does anyone know the max measurements of Meta's kimono-style JSKs?
I'm interested in their new Snowy Rabbit print and noticed they have full back shirring but my wardrobe is all AP and AatP, so I have no experience with the brand whatsoever.
>>
>>9256817
I don't own one of those JSKs specifically but Meta's shirring is generally quite forgiving. It can be a bit tight in brand new and unworn pieces but that's understandable.
>>
>>9256817
If you fit Baby, you'll probably be fine. Meta is one of the most horizontally accommodating brands. I have a quarter-shirred JSK from them that I can put on without undoing the zipper, and I'm not exactly small.
>>
>>9255482
Where's the buying option? Do they have a taobao store?
>>
>>9255482
can't access weibo, caps?
>>
File: image.png (415KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
415KB, 640x1136px
>>9256963
>>
>>9256961
Seconding this
>>
>>9255411
This happened to me recently on Closetchild and I have no idea why
>>
>>9257119
Did you actually purchase the thing in question? The same thing happened when it was in my cart and I wasn't sure what the final price was going to be.
>>
I'm going to try my hand at making my own hoop skirt tomorrow. I have like seven pettis (about 1:1 a-line to cupcake) but my lust for the perfect poof has yet to be sated.

I'm pretty stoked and I'll try to post pics if anyone's interested.
>>
>>9256817
One thing to keep in mind is that if you're bigger, the dress will technically fit, but it'll be very noticeable where the side seams of the dress fall because of the "obi" on the front. It doesn't continue to the back of the dress. I got rid of a dress I loved otherwise because this bothered me so much.
>>
>>9257122
I didn't! My guess is that the pre-translated price is correct, but IDK why it changes. I've only noticed it happen on one item too.
>>
>>9255690
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I know AP releases their printed Happy Packs, but I was wondering specifically about Lucky Packs with random items. I could find the Happy Pack printed reviews everywhere, but nothing for random packs.

Does AP still do that?
>>
>>9256833
>>9256833
>>9257167

Thanks gulls for your input! Now I have a better sense of which cut to go for.
>>
>>9257187
I know that AP USA does this every year for their anniversary event. The LPs usually go on sale the day before the anniversary tea.
>>
Can someone please tell me the max size for Sweet Cream House in the collar JSK cut? I hate it when lolibrary just says "70~" or "92~".
>>
>>9257324
>needing to know the max size

I can hear your chubrub chafing from here
>>
>>9257332
Yeah so? There's still a ton if dresses I fit and I want to know if that's one of them. I also prefer some wiggle room in my dresses.
>>
>>9257187

They just did one right after their summer sale this year. 4 types of lucky packs were up on the online shop. And even earlier during the year La Foret did one that was confirmed to have random Twinkle Sky dresses in them. The smaller individual shops will do their own blind packs that they announce through their individual shop blogs/twitter.

So far as I know each release will actually tell you how many items are in each one, just not what they are, eg they might list a ~10k+ yen lucky pack described as containing 1 jsk + 1 accessory, or a ~3k+ lucky pack containing 3 accessories. So at least you'll have info on how many items are inside, you just won't know what they are.
>>
>>9257158
interested!
>>
File: 1408832395807.jpg (139KB, 305x407px) Image search: [Google]
1408832395807.jpg
139KB, 305x407px
I had this saved in my inspiration folder for ages, can somebody please ID the dress? Thanks.
>>
>>9257334
>jiggle room
ftfy
>>
File: giphy.gif (263KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
263KB, 460x368px
>>9257726
If you say so
>>
File: image.jpg (657KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
657KB, 1200x1600px
>>9250858
>>
File: image.jpg (530KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
530KB, 1200x1600px
>>9257744
>>
File: 7377172962_a1932cd97d_o.jpg (606KB, 1164x1600px) Image search: [Google]
7377172962_a1932cd97d_o.jpg
606KB, 1164x1600px
Would anyone happen to know which seasonal mook this scan came from?
>>
>>9257624
Dear Margaret Herringbone Ribbon OP

I've almost forgot about Dear Margaret, I used to love all their stuff.
>>
>>9257754
Thank you so much! I was convinced it was Meta. I guess that also greatly reduces my chances of finding it.
>>
>>9257624
google image search is a kind friend anon
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/dear-margaret-herringbone-ribbon-op
>>
reminder that if you experienced a problem with the RuffleCon hotel or hotel staff, to email RC using their contact form: http://www.rufflecon.org/thank-rufflecon-2016/

i know y'all prefer to gripe anonymously but this is something we can maybe actually effect change in. you just need to include specifics, including names and room numbers. i don't want to be stuck with the same hotel next year so anyone who had an issue, please report via the email link on that page. i'm hoping with enough responses that they can be true to their word (to us) and break contract with the hotel.
>>
>>9257788
I haven't gone but what was the hotel drama? Did they treat you bad because you were dressed up?
>>
>>9257819
There was a whole thread about it a few weeks ago. The rooms were in poor repair, full of mold, hotel staff wasn't attentive, just gross hotel stuff.
>>
>>9257819
most people were fine, but some had moderate to severe problems with the facilities or the staff, with the mold being probably the biggest issue. the problems seem to be with the building itself. there was basically no ventillation in the bathrooms and at one point there was water leaking into the lobby from the ceiling. the hotel would need significant remodeling to be healthy.
>>
>>9256961
>>9256995

The listing is here but the ordering period is over.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=539450742828
>>
Odd question maybe but would you gulls dress up in frills if you knew the day you'd die?
>>
>>9257914
Incidentally, the listing also says that this lower price is special for Chinese buyers only and if anyone is suspected of being a shopping service they will have their order cancelled. How nice.
>>
>>9257915
Absolutely. I want to be buried in lolita too.
>>
>>9257917
Ugh. What does she care? Considering how much she overcharges for shit she's still making a profit on Chinese sales too
>>
>>9257915
yes. too much money, love, and attention has went into this damn wardrobe and even if i die a grisly death i'd want to do it in frills
>>
File: 4235_300.png (129KB, 199x300px) Image search: [Google]
4235_300.png
129KB, 199x300px
>>9258254
ultimate guro coord
>>
>See a listing for Milky Berry in my preferred colourway
>Get excited. I'm always a slut for strawberries and mint.
>MFW seller is listing a 'set' for 300$ with fucking stains on the dress and heels of the socks.
>MFW I have no face
>>
>>9258444
>excellent
Please stop doing this. If there are stains, it's not excellent. No matter how many times you wore it.
>>
File: wat.jpg (373KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
373KB, 500x600px
What lolita is this?
>>
>>9258488
lurk more.
>>
>>9258488
You serious?
>>
>>9258488
neko rorita
>>
>>9258444

Well, at least the seller is honest...
>>
Anyone heard of this Midwest Ouji thing?
>>
>>9258488
The name of the print is Angelic Pretty. This is the lavendar colorway. You can find it on Milanoo.com, I think for about $80? It hasn't been up there for a couple weeks now though, they might be sold out but you can find very similar ones for around the same price.
>>
I hate when people who are fucking fat ask me how far the shirring will stretch or the max measurements of my lolita, I can't help but feel bad for the dress and I don't want to sell it to them.

Like bitch if you're going to wear this with your giant bust at the max measurement you're going to put that dress to shame and look like disgusting shit, lose some fucking weight if you want to be in lolita and wear brand.
>>
>>9258726
Just underestimate then anon. They can't expect you to stretch out your dress just to measure it. I hate buying stretched out dresses and always avoid the sellers with huge dress forms.
>>
>>9258726
Same, so I always tell them the max is a few inches smaller than it realy is to discourage them.
>>
Where do you print your fabric for lolita? I'm considering Spoonflower, but I'm still not sure of what kind of fabric pick there.
>>
>>9258488
...do you mean is this sweet?
>>
>>9258536
I would say this is very good advice, but I am annoyed that you are spoonfeeding the n00bs. Don't tell them where to get it, I don't want itas competing with me for Milanoo's Angelic Pretty dress.
>>
>>9258878
Yeah, I wanted to know the style since I read the descriptions, looked at it, and things still felt off. I'm really bad at classifying things. I literally took the image from the Angelic Pretty store so I already know the name of it.
>>
>>9258968
Yes, it's sweet.
>>
>>9258972
I can accept that. The colours threw me off. It feels a little dark and stark to me. Not the usual blinding pastel I'm used to seeing. But cats.
>>
>>9258979
When the colours seem a little off, you can aim to the cut to see if it's sweet or not.
>>
>>9258994
I didn't know about the cut thing. Where can I go to read more?
>>
>>9259007
Jfc you need to lurk more.
>>
>>9259007
I guess it's something you will eventually get with the time, while browsing coords etc. But you may notice how sweet dresses tend to have a higher waistline, with too much frills and cutesy collars. Goth dresses tend to be more plain, usually with square-like shapes instead of the round that tend to be more associated with sweet etc. Of course this doesn't apply to all dresses, but you will find a pattern with time.
>>
>>9259007
This isn't true 100% of the time, but peter pan collars and cupcake skirts are often indicators of sweet cuts. The ruffles and bows at the bust are also an element that appears fairly often in sweet pieces.
>>
>>9259007
A "cut" is in the construction of the dress/skirt/blouse. Is the collar pointed or rounded? How is the bodice attached to the skirt? Is it A line or bell? What shape are the sleeves? Whether the cut is a certain style is something you pick up by looking at lots of dresses.

In the future just ask these things in the stupid questions thread.
>>
>>9259012
Not the anon you're helping, but bless you for just answering questions instead of wasting 6 or 7 posts to be patronizing or to "troll".
... This is a waste of a post too, but I wanted to give you props.
>>
>>9258488
Ouji
>>
>>9258488
Day Dream Carnival
>>
>>9259022
I wouldn't fault them. I had already asked a question in the stupid questions thread, but given that it wasn't so long ago, it felt doubly stupid to ask another one so soon. So I did the triply stupid thing to ask in the general lolita thread, thinking it'd be a simple matter of finding out if my assumption was right or wrong. I didn't think there'd be a more involved nuanced answer. But now I know.
>>
How long do you guys give a buyer time to pay the invoice? A buyer have been ignoring both the invoice and the messages I´ve sent her for a week now.
>>
>>9259045
I have stuff in my terms of sale so I have a firm deadline that they need to follow or I relist the item and give them negative feedback. I'd add something like that to yours going forward, and send her one last message asking her to pay or you'll relist it and give negative feedback.
>>
>>9259045
you too? i have two buyers doing this to me right now.
>>
Am I the only one running into a surplus of shitty sellers recently? I had one that took two weeks after I won an auction to respond, one who forgot the tights for a set, and one who sent a broken jewelry piece that clearly wasn't broken before all in a row.
>>
>>9259007
Way too many lolitas associate colors with substyles, when there's way more than that (see the thread about sweet in non-pastel colors).

Classic: colors can be pastel-like, buts are mostly dusty. Florals are a big thing and look really old-fashioned. When prints are used, they usually look kinda vintage or old-looking, animals often look like the ones in old picture-books. Dress cuts are often a-line, collars, cuffs and sleeves tend to take inspiration from historic dresses. Just because AP uses more jewel tones in some dresses doesn't make them classic. Classic lolita has a certain look (kinda like you're imitating period clothing or vintage) and things like bows and animals oin prints look different than in sweet.

Sweet= can come in many colors. The skirts are mostly cupcake shaped. Everything is more "cutesy" rather than "classy". Animals look more like stuffed animals or disney animals. Lots of lace and bows and ruffles. As a whole more of a "childish" vibe to it rather than grandma.

Gothic: just because it's black doesn't mean it's gothic. Gothic dresses are simpler with delicate details like corset lacing or lace. Dresses are tend to be a tad longer with a simple shape. Contruction is a little more boxy. Popular prints would be gothic cathedrals, crosses, religious stuff and the like.
>>
>>9259022
Thanks, anon. Hoping for a better place for everyone to learn, so we can have less chicks on the ita thread.

>>9259045
If you don't have anything stated on your guidelines, I'd send a message stating that in 3 days the purchase would be cancelled if there's no answer.

>>9259071
Bless you.
>>
File: 68b04141gw1f76dfcyb9bj21111jkk4q.jpg (131KB, 690x1035px) Image search: [Google]
68b04141gw1f76dfcyb9bj21111jkk4q.jpg
131KB, 690x1035px
>>
>>9258488
Cats tea party, the one and only
>>
>>9259071
As a classic lolita, I take issue with your insinuation that our buts are dusty.
>>
>>9259232
Aww this is sweet
>>
>>9259256
yeah

too bad they're both p fugly
>>
I had to list my dream dress to afford school supplies, and someone asked about a payment plan, which I turned down. Then they said they found the money, but have been making excuses for a month now about paying me between ignoring my messages. I found their tumblr and they had posted about a bunch of auctions they won but still haven't paid me yet and waiting on them left me in a really tough spot. I feel like they just tricked me into holding it for them. I've never had to deal with such an irresponsible buyer before and I'm really upset and feel really stupid for waiting on them.
>>
>>9259267
Don't take the dress off the market. Just tell them that until they pay, anyone else who buys it in the meantime will get priority. Unless they are willing to do a non refundable deposit
>>
>>9259261
too bad you have such a shit attitude what did they ever do to you?
>>
>>9259411
#triggered
>>
File: CxdJQQhUAAA3TJI.jpg large.jpg (135KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
CxdJQQhUAAA3TJI.jpg large.jpg
135KB, 720x1018px
Meta is running a contest.
>>
Newbie question, when do the US AP and Baby stores typically have winter sales for their regular stock (not LPs)? Christmas time? After New Year?
>>
Has lacemarket been really shitty the last couple days for anyone else? Every couple pages will just take forever to load.
>>
>>9259682
There is a thread for shit like this, go there. The Lolita general is not the place for it.
>>
>>9259777
I did search the catalog before posting but missed the "stupid" questions thread. Thanks.
>>
>>9259781
How did you miss it? It's near the top. FFS.
>>
>>9259416
oh hi hwc
>>
>>9259818
>anybody who disagrees with you is hwc

when will this meme end
>>
>>9259818
You do know that's a common meme? Not everyone who uses that is HWC.
>>
>>9259785
It wasn't when I posted? And also I searched terms like "new to lolita" or other things I've seen threads like that called before rather than just flat out "stupid" questions. Either way, I've reposted my question in the appropriate thread now. Chill out.
>>
>>9259777
>>9259785
are you just responding like that because she made the mistake of calling herself a newbie? multiple people have asked about when certain sales happen itt and no one jumped down their throats about it.
>>
>>9259858
Please link the posts so I can jump down their throats too. Equality and all that junk.
>>
>>9259846
I'm just saying this because you will get these sorts of reactions if you don't; lurk more. figure out board culture and the basics on how to find things out, and then post.

You won't get people shitting on you if you do.
>>
>>9255690
This year baby will have 3 happy packs, besides the original print packs.
So 2 normal variety packs and a third one premium variety pack (that includes a coat).
The printed ones each have 2 color choices. Contents are JSK, headbow, socks and a kumya passcase for each of the original printed packs.
BABY theme is usakumya
Pirates theme is a boutique of some sort.
>>
>>9260502
where did they announce this? i haven't seen anything.
>>
>>9258726
>>9258741
>>9258743

why do you care so much? once the dress leaves your hands, it's not "yours" anymore. do you want the sales money or not? jesus
>>
>>9259665
Is it an actual coord contest or is the winner picked randomly? Is it based on likes?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.