[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latin american cosplayers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 23

File: samui-san-ezreal01.jpg (689KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
samui-san-ezreal01.jpg
689KB, 1200x801px
I think most of latin america don't get the credit it deserves, so heres a thread.

Now to kickstart, some questions:
>Are there any Brazilians in here?
>Are there any Brazilians in here?
>Cosplay or Lolita Cosplay or Lolita?
>Where in the country?
>>
File: 002.jpg (53KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
53KB, 479x479px
>>9235643
The text came out a bit funky, ew...
>>
File: @jeanmarkus-479x479.jpg (42KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
@jeanmarkus-479x479.jpg
42KB, 479x479px
>>9235646
>>
File: @jutsukino-02-383x479.jpg (40KB, 383x479px) Image search: [Google]
@jutsukino-02-383x479.jpg
40KB, 383x479px
>>9235648
>>
File: @pee.prado_-383x479.jpg (30KB, 383x479px) Image search: [Google]
@pee.prado_-383x479.jpg
30KB, 383x479px
>>9235649
>>
File: capa_somenzari.jpg (185KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
capa_somenzari.jpg
185KB, 640x300px
>>9235650
>>
File: 003.jpg (25KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
25KB, 320x214px
>>9235654
>>
Bump for 5th page
>>
https://youtu.be/SImO1fTVAfQ?t=297
>>
>>9236055
So there are other latin americans... that's cool. Brazil?
>>
I'm from Colombia.
We have a pretty big con in here called SOFA.
It starts tomorrow, wish me luck
>>
>>9236391
Good luck! Here we got one called comic con experience (read: Shitty comic con) and some other anime ones.
I hope you come back with good stories and cosplay pics to share. Have fun. 'w'
>>
>>9236124
Brazilian here!

Anyone got plans for ccxp and would like to share them? I didn't get to cosplay during it last year and I'd like to see some opinions on the dressing rooms, etc
>>
>>9236867
Sadly, I'm not able to go due to university shit.
How do the dressing rooms work, btw?
>>
>>9236873
From what I heard they had a separate place for cosplayers to keep their bags and stuff, and had two big dressing rooms on each side of it.

I saw some pictures and it had chairs and mirrors but I couldn't see the entire room through them.
>>
>>9237461
Sounds useful, because walking there from the hotel with a 2m tall prop and looking like a fag to normies all the way to the con doesn't sound good at all.
Wish other cons had that instead of the "look, there's a single 0,5m2 bathroom for each gender, it sounds good enough for cosplayers to put their hit on" way of thinking.
>>
>>9237461
Are there lockers or something to keep stuff secure? I'd be worried about leaving a bag or coat in some open room coat check depending on volunteer staff to prevent stuff going missing.
>>
>>9241992
I don't think there are lockers but I've never heard of stuff going missing ever before.

I've kept my bags and stuff at these places for my entire life and never had anything go missing either.
>>
Do people at latin american cons have more sex than NA or EU?
>>
>>9242561
Speaking for Brazil, all cons here are family friendly and they don't happen at hotels, so no sex at all.

We don't party overnight either.

Also, no drinking. Unless you're an idiot. No one likes the drunk dude, he's always the one breaking props and being an asshole

But we have an astonishing amount of drama every day
>>
>>9242703
>he's always the one breaking props and being an asshole
yeah i'm starting to think we should have more family friendly cons
>>
>>9242703
>But we have an astonishing amount of drama every day
Doubling on that

>>9242561
>Do people at latin american cons have more sex than NA or EU
I have to say our cons are pretty good on this matter, we're mostly family friendly. But sometimes a happy-with-it's-life-up-until-that-moment little fellow (read: Me) came across a couple making out (read: fucking hard) in between the selling tents. The saddest part was that they were cosplaying Sakura and Kakashi and their costumes were so bad it was better reading doujinshis. Never watched Naruto ever again.
>>
>>9242703
>>9243862
That's interesting. Brazil is portrayed as hypersexual in US culture
>>
>>9244005
Perhaps it's the shortage on real information about us mutually, most brazilians think US is heaven on earth and everything is basically orlando and cheap as all hell stuff with tax free import if you shove it on your baggage. But we all know it's not all rainbows and good things when we hit shore and see all the land whales on their motorized "muh rights" burger mobiles all over the place.
And no, you have a hyper sexualization of content because of marketing not being good enough not to use human instinct as a way of selling, but we're just -and I hate to say so myself- alike the US in many ways.
(A little over sarcastic, but whatever)
>>
>>9244005
Not gonna lie, there's a parcel of the population that really is like that but it's not the same people who go to cons.

If you want to experience that side of Brazil go to a Baile funk or Carnaval, where people go wild (but there's like... an unspoken rule of consent no matter how crazy things get )

I also noticed by lurking around this board that US cons have more semi-naked people than Brazilian cons. An example would be that while I saw kill la kill nudist beach characters at US cons, people here only wore theirs to closed photoshoots.

There's also the towel drama, which ended up causing cons to ban some kinds of cosplay
>>
>>9244288
>There's also the towel drama, which ended up causing cons to ban some kinds of cosplay
Br here, fill me up on the full story whenever. Been out of the business for some time and just came back.
>>
>>9244290
Some girls though that the best idea ever was to cosplay random Anime characters with bath towels wrapped around their bodies and nothing else.

After they dropped their towels a few times everyone noticed they at least had panties on.

The saddest part is that they weren't even recognizable as any character, they just took towels and went with it.

After that bathing suits and towels were banned
>>
>>9244405
Oh, so no more TTGL cosplays? What a bummer.
>>
>>9242703
>>9243862
>>9244288
Drama is everywhere.
>>
Oh, where can I find a lolita comm in Brasil? I've been looking everywhere but all I find are dead Forums and Ita facebook groups.
>>
>>9248570

You just summarized Brazilian community.
>>
>>9248570
Depends on where you're from, the only national group I know of is just for posting coordinates.

The São Paulo comm is very active and friendly.
>>
>>9248964
I'm in Rio. I saw an Ita at the mall once before and don't even know what comm she came from.

>>9248761
That's... actually sad.
>>
>>9249011
Oh I heard there's a nice comm in Rio too, one of the lolitas from here went there to meet some people once, but I remember she said something about people not showing up to the meeting/ being really late.

Maybe if you ask around someone can point you to a Facebook or whatsapp group.
>>
>>9249015
>Asking around
>Socially recluse
>Don't use facebook, just use whatsapp to talk to parents

I'll probably make a fake account and search for the source of Rio's comm, thanks. And, perhaps, buy a new SIM card since I don't feel like giving personal information.
>>
>>9235643
Lolita Cosplay? Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>9249047
>>9235646
The text came out strange, as I said.
>>
>>9244405
Love Hina characters, newfag.
>>
>>9248570
Each comm has its own secret group for Lolita on Facebook. We don't want weirdos interacting with us, so you'd have to find someone from a comm and ask it about the group.

Also, you could always try Moda Lolita ~ Brasil's group and introduce yourself there. If you're nearby any comm, they'll invite you to the group.
>>
>>9249052
I'll find a picture and you tell me if they look remotely like any love hina character.
>>
File: IMG051.jpg (129KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG051.jpg
129KB, 800x600px
>>9249093
They didn't, but I was there at that time and took a pic with them. When I asked what they were cosplaying, they said it was "Love Hina", which was pretty popular at that time.

http://i.imgur.com/c9sizaN.png
>>
>>9242561
In Brazil, at least, it's pretty rare. A con isn't made to that purpose, so, if you feel like bumping to someone, it'd be better to find a room or motel for that.
>>
its'a me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6unUcAT8hJ0
>>
>>9250342
Looks snazzy
>>
I'm in Rio. I've just got back to cosplaying and am already having a hard time fitting in with all the cliques we have here. I just wanna make cosplay friends with no drama.
I wanna hang out and talk about plans, help them with props and sewing, trade tips about make-up and styling wigs.
But it's just so hard, everybody is obsessed with having lots of Facebook likes and popularity.

Ah, and our comm photographers are either gross pervs or just can't take pictures at all (also bad photoshopping).
>>
>>9250392
Rio's comm is the worst, together with ES'. I'd stick with RS or MG for some nice friends. SP has too much ego and weeaboo to deal with.

Friendly tip: Stay away from girls from ES.
>>
>>9250477
Oh, what's wrong with ES' girls? I don't think I've ever heard anything about them.

Sadly I don't know many out of state cosplayers since I don't have much of an online presence. Gonna work on that. Thanks for the tips.

Also, northeast girls are the worst in my experience, I've lived there for a bit and hated the comms. I've found that LoL and Love Live cosplayers are pretty much universally full of drama.
>>
>>9250484
They're (ES' girls) totally hungry for e-fame and tend to approach people to only feed on their influence and friends, and always end up back stabbing you with fake gossip. There's too much drama for such a small state.

I haven't heard much about northeast cosplay's comms, though, but I know that Lolita's dramu is just the worst around there.
>>
>>9250496
>>9250484

Gonna give you a tip, if someone talks shit about others to you they surely talk shit about you behind your back, specially down south. (know a lot from experience).

Wish I could name a few snakes but I don't want to get banned, so just follow this tip to get away from them at the first red flag. People will literally talk shit about others right after meeting you.
>>
>>9250660
I don't get involved with this kind of People, but listen to this anon. It's number one rule if you want to survive in a cosplay comm.
>>
Am I the only one that think Brasil, even if it is the top 1 on south america on either money and power, can't pull of the conventions other south american countries do, like SOFA in colombia.
>>
Fias Colors from Chile
>>
>>9253281
>>
>>9253283
>>
>>9253289
>>
>>9253303
>>
>>9253304
>>
>>9253306
>>
>>9253309
>>
>>9253312
>>
File: fiascolors usagi.jpg (68KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
fiascolors usagi.jpg
68KB, 640x960px
>>9253318
>>
>>9253321
>>
>>9253322
>>
>>9253323
>>
>>9253324
>>
>>9249020
Rio is one of the worst Lolita comms. Too much drama, pior itas and cliques. Pretty much every good lolita that has lived there abandoned the fashion.

They Facebook group is Meeting Roriita RJ
>>
>>9253440
That's what I was afraid, thanks tho. I'm going to São José dos Campos soon (one or two years), you know about how theirs is?
>>
>>9244005
Lol, everyone except the British are portrayed as hypersexual in the US. Nobody can resist that sweet Trump dick, apparently.
Most people really aren't that sexual at all. If you go to a club then yeah, most people will be looking for sex/drugs, but most events are family friendly and pretty chill.
I mean, drama abounds, and a lot of the insults used against others are variations on 'you whore', but apparently drama is the fuel that Brazil runs on, so don't take it as a real representation of the people and just enjoy the shitshow instead.
>>
Chilean here.
Why our cons (especially the ones outside Santiago) always seem so fucking shitty in comparison? Lots of bootleg shit, overpriced pirated "Anime en bolsita", party wig cosplay, lots of weebs, inflated tickets, no security.
Why can't we have nice stuff?
>>
>>9253775
Oh, so Chile is like 90% of Brazilian cons. It's really cringe worthy to see all those stores... and their main selling product are bottoms.
>>
>>9253778
I think the worse of all is when they sell dvd's of series that aren't even finished airing at full price.
What a waste of money those cons are.
and the mayority of "maid cafes" are usually full of greasy landwhales serving your cold rice and calling a "bento" for over 3000 pesos, damn it makes me salty, how are con still a think in my city.
>>
>>9254178
Seems like it is a common problem or with south america, or with >= 2nd world countries.
>>
>>9254178
At least we have a decent maid café in Brazil. Not perfect but okayish
>>
>>9254275
Where?
>>
>>9254277
They only work at cons and closed events they organize themselves, there's one in São Paulo and other somewhere down south
>>
>>9253685
I don't personally know any Lolita from SJC, but it's a city with some big college campus right? Like Unesp and Unifesp. So you probably find a comm.

The country side of SP state has some good girls like mysubarashiilolidays (I'm not sure if I can say her name, but you probably know her). Campinas, Campos do Jordão and Sorocaba also have small but nice comms. You can always go to meetings in SP too. They have 2 major comms and everyone is really welcoming.

If you want to chat anonymous, there's a Brazilian chat in the Lolita group on Amino.
>>
>>9254456
Thanks, gull. I'll look those up.
I thought it would have comms, but are they any better than those Ita oriented and drama nests that we have in Rio?
>>
>>9254545
Two options: they hide the drama pretty well or it doesn't have any in fhe first place.
I vote for the last one.

I am biased cause I really dislike most of the Rio girls, but even so, there are one or two who save themselves. But I think you should at least go to one meeting and see for yourself.
Anyways, Rio is a nice city to be a lone Lolita. Check out Casa Julieta de Serpa, it's perfect for a afternoon tea.
>>
>>9254545
SP has two major comms for a reason: too much drama for one comm to handle.
>>
>>9256282
Top kek.
I'll probably end up forming my own comm in an effort to restrain the drama from going wild. It mustn't be that hard to find five or six lolitas sick of drama or at least not willing to be in big comms in the SJC area.
>>
If you were wondering about most of SP comm: facebook com/ribbonfashioncontest
(mind, though, that some are from other states)

Take your own conclusions.
>>
Anon was talking other day about the ES' girls and... yeah, another TRETA with them.

Such stupid brats.
>>
>>9258022
>Another TRETA
Fill me in, m8.
>>
>>9258049
That girl that was licked on a TV Show made a post about her ballet life and used some fake chinese photos while pledging it was her. (it was not). Then she deleted one of her backup Facebook accounts.

Meanwhile, her ex-best-friend, that one that is always in between tretas around the cosplay world, has made a secret group with friends to ask them to leave "dislikes" on a guy's video because it had the licked girl on it.
Not only that, she's stirring up the drama even more around the community.

Now that the first girl has posted a preview on her Rapunzel's cosplay, the second one is biting herself.
>>
>>9258058
Wow, isn't the licking thing going to calm down? It's been a while now, it should be over already.

And all this drama just seems so... childish. The sad part is that it seems like it's this way everywhere around here, that being drama at every corner.
>>
>>9258064
Yep, and people start to feed it around the web instead of ignoring it. No wonder there's so much drama.

Some of them understand that as their 5 minutes of fame.
>>
>>9258058
someone told me she's got a mental condition, that's why this time some whiteknights showed up during the drama...

I hope she's getting some help, the picture drama was really stupid
>>
>>9258058
Oh yeah I saw that on my TL. Someone made a Facebook page called Treta Cosplay just to post it.

Funnily enough I can't pinpoint which one is her ex-best friend, she seems to go through friends so quickly I can't keep up. Please fill an outsider (and curious) anon in.
>>
>>9258101
The one that robbed the WCS prize while pulling someone else's carpet.
>>
>>9258108
Damn, that sounds awful. ES Anon was right about their comm being the worst.
>>
>>9258118
Yeah, I doubt no more.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.