[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst guess you've ever received about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 87

File: 1344830319197.gif (198KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1344830319197.gif
198KB, 500x500px
What's the worst guess you've ever received about a costume of yours?
>>
>>9231081
I haven't had it happen yet, but in reverse I always ask first when I don't know or am not sure what someone is from. Is this guessing wrong thing something common?
>>
Court judge

I was dressed as a Hogwarts student. I guess the tie and house robe looks judge like.

Bonus: the guesser was the guy who plays Grima Wormtongue in the LOTR movies. We just happened to be talking on the showfloor and he said it.
>>
I was cosplaying Spider-Gwen (who was a fairly new character at the time, she'd only appeared about 4 months previously) and someone asked me, "Who are you supposed to be?" When I told him who she was and what comic she'd appeared him, he stared at me and said, "Who?" He seemed like he wanted to pick a fight over my Spider-Man OC or something.
>>
I got mistaken for Ezreal from League, which is funny because my friend next to me actually was cosplaying from League but the guy didn't recognize them.

>>9231083
>Is this guessing wrong thing something common?
Not super common, but you can expect it at least once if you're cosplaying something that isn't popular.
>>
Man, this one time I was cosplaying as Death of the Endless and was asked, "Are you Abby from NCIS?"
>>
I went as Lilith from Darkstlakers. Almost everyone who asked for a picture called me Morrigan, it was pretty funny.
>>
I got two, not super horrible guesses but mildly irritating/amusing.

Went as Ringo from Air Gear, got asked if I was that girl from Persona but had the wrong color wig a few times.

Also was Mitsuki Nase from Beyond the Boundary talking to friends at their booth when they were Sailor Moon and Sailor V in their school uniforms. A lady came up to get a picture and asked me to be in it as well. I explained I wasn't a Sailor Moon character like she thought and she said "Oh, no it's fine! You look just like Sailor Mars! It's perfect!" Still something I laugh about.

I think we found that photo or a sideshot of it and I looked so damn confused.
>>
I won't lie I've asked if someone was cosplaying someone that they weren't before. Some characters are pretty similar. I always feel like a shithead though.
>>
>>9231113
As the proud owner of both all of the Absolute Sandman volumes and at least 5 NCIS box sets, I would like to think Abby and Death would be great friends.
>>
File: black-jack-2.jpg (27KB, 225x279px) Image search: [Google]
black-jack-2.jpg
27KB, 225x279px
Cosplayed as BlackJack once. Someone thought I was from Naruto
>>
>>9231081
Cosplayed as the Wonder Chef from Tales of Symphonia a while back (when it was still new for the Gamecube), and almost everyone thought I was Quina Quen from Final Fantasy IX
>>
I was cosplaying an adult version of Mammon from KHR before they stopped publishing and before the Arcobaleno battle arc and three people came up and asked if I was Daisya Berry from D. Gray-man
>>
Not related to a certain character, but whenever I dress in any sort of school uniform of seifuku, I always get the "are you dressed as sailor moon? nice sailor moon!" questions and compliments.
>>
I was dressed as Ty Lee from A:TLA and got mistaken for Aerith from FF7.
>>
my sister's bf was dressed as the eleventh Doctor. a lady asked if he was Orville Redenbocker so we went with that for the rest of the day

i wear lolita to cons (sorry guys) but i always get asked if i'm little bo peep or an alternate universe version of (insert character here). i never mind, it's cute
>>
File: adventurous princess.png (132KB, 205x429px) Image search: [Google]
adventurous princess.png
132KB, 205x429px
Not really a guess but
>Make cosplay of an alternate costume of Natalia from Tales of the Abyss
>Go to Tales gathering/photoshoot at large con
>Walk up to 2 cosplayers in Tales costumes (they ended up being the organizers)
>"This is the Tales photoshoot, right?"
>"Yeah!"
>Awkward silence
>"Oh, are you cosplaying from Tales"

Some people recognized me after that, but yeah it was a little awkward.

Also Abyss is the best Tales if anyone wants to fight be about it.
>>
File: 1357185951016.jpg (92KB, 966x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1357185951016.jpg
92KB, 966x1000px
Went as shirtless Snake from MGS3.

Apparently was Rambo.
>>
I cosplayed Anna from Frozen about 3 months after the release and had someone asking me if I were Pippi Longstocking
>>
Any blazer uniform as a dude = Ouran High School Host Club back in those days
>>
I was dressed as Doll from Black Butler and Hanari (who I didn't recognize until later) complimented me and asked me if my costume was from a Sakizo design. It was the strangest interaction Ive ever had with a gull IRL.
>>
>>9231209
>i wear lolita to cons (sorry guys) but i always get asked if i'm little bo peep
i wear ouji and get asked if i am Ciel. every time.
>>
File: kirika.png (262KB, 332x564px) Image search: [Google]
kirika.png
262KB, 332x564px
Whenever I bring out my Kirika Kure cosplay there's always some idiot who thinks I'm supposed to be Ciel.
>>
>>9231081
I incorrectly asked a few people if they were cosplyaing as Castiel from "Supernatural", not realizing they were Constantine, having not watched that before.
>>
>Cosplaying Madoka, 13 years old
>Guy comes up to me and asks for a picture
>Sure
>I really love your *insert Japanese girl name that I can't remember here* cosplay
>"Uh... I'm actually cosplaying Madoka, from Madoka Magica."
>Later google the name he said
>hentai.
>>
>>9231081
Slutty space nun for Toto in DNAngel
>>
>>9231279
the woes of a character's design being based on an iconic character. i appreciate the wings and flower crowns Supernatural fans add to their cosplays, and the Constantines with obvious blond hair and/or cigarette.

a local Constantine cosplayer carries a sign saying they are not a bloody angel or a Doctor and to stop asking. was a cute touch.
>>
File: magenta upset.png (20KB, 260x254px) Image search: [Google]
magenta upset.png
20KB, 260x254px
When I was Magenta Magenta at Titan Con someone thought I was Slash. Then with the same costume at Fanime someone thought I was Abraham Lincoln.
>>
>>9231377
I genuinely felt bad, as I know a lot of time and passion goes into cosplay.

>that's the only cosplay I've guessed wrong
>>
>>9231081
I once saw a woman dressed up as a Female Loki get asked who she was. Her costume was very clearly Loki from Thor, she did a good job. I think her huge D cups were what threw some folks off, as not everyone is used to gender bending characters lol.
>>
>>9231384
>Lincoln is just oldie-Slash
>>
Hipster Mulan. I wasn't even cosplaying and I'm not Asian. My friend was cosplaying her in her ceremony dress and I was with her and wearing a long blue maxi dress with brown boots and a braid, and multiple time people asked if I was Mulan. At least Belle would've made more sense.
>>
>>9231089
Was cosplaying Cassandra Cain's Black Bat, which admittedly, had a short run and at the time, had been fridged by DC. A dude asked me if I was fem!Batman and tried to fight me on it. It's kind of a weird thing.
>>
>>9231406
Oh and a friend and I cosplayed as The Question (Renee and Vic respectively) and we kept getting confused for Slenderman.
>>
Elizabeth from Bioshock mistaken as the Tardis.
>>
Back when the hype was alive, this middle aged white lady asked me if my SNK cosplay was bondage. With her son right next to her.
>>
>>9231428
This happened to me as well. Worse, comment was by this pair of out-of-this-world-amazing Labyrinth cosplayers.

More people "recognize" me as Jadite from Sailor Moon than as Reinhard.

Every time I cosplay Princess Kraehe I get a ton of people thinking I'm doing Black Swan, but honestly I think that one is really easily excusable.
>>
I cosplay Anarchy Stocking and every single convention I've worn it to, I get asked if I'm supposed to be Twilight Sparkle.

One girl asked me if I was a character from the new Sailor Moon... is there a character that looks like stocking in that show??
>>
>>9231458
Well, the color scheme from Anarchy Stocking to Twilight Sparkle is unfortunately very similar.
>>
Someone asked me if I was Freddy Kreuger.... I was X23.
>>
>>9231086
Oh god. I love Brad Dourif and if that ever happened to me, I'd kill myself.
>>
Was wearing a black and gold sweet coord and was asked if I was Misa. I would almost understand if my dress wasn't covered in ponies.

Also cosplay JBF Luka and got asked if I was Fluttershy. At least that one I kind of get with the pink hair and flowers, I guess...?
>>
File: how horryfying.png (193KB, 560x555px) Image search: [Google]
how horryfying.png
193KB, 560x555px
>>9231355
holy shit that's creepy
>>
File: Elizabeth_render.png (72KB, 180x485px) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth_render.png
72KB, 180x485px
>>9231428
Got mistaken for the tardis more than once as this elizabeth too
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (89KB, 798x912px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
89KB, 798x912px
I've gotten some weird guesses before, but the worst one I ever got: A friend and I were walking around a con, cosplaying pic related (Phi from Zero Time Dilemma and Ko from Ajin Demi Human), someone asked if we were Rick and Morty.

I mean... I guess the color schemes are kind of similar?
>>
File: 250px-261Poochyena.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-261Poochyena.png
42KB, 250x250px
"When do you evolve into houndoom?"

I don't care if they don't recognize which pokemon I am, but to ask when I evolve into houndoom? instant rage. It really is amazing just how many people confuse poochyena and houndour/think poochyena evolves into houndoom. It has become a meme at this point.
>>
"Steampunk Captain America?"
...I was the Minutemen General from Fallout 4. I mean, I guess people see the star on the armor and the blue coat and associate it with Cap, but come on.
>>
>>9231568
That really sucks, anon.

So...when do you evolve into Arcanine?
>>
>be wearing fairy kei
>not even close to a cosplay
>OMG UR SO CUTE WHAT ANIME ARE YOU FROM
>>
While wearing Halo 3 Spartan armor:
-Gundam
-Power Ranger
-Robo Cop
-The actual cops? (wtf? I think they were super drunk)
>>
I want to say, I don't normally go out in kigus but sometimes its cold and its comfy as hell. I live in a pretty great area where people doen't harass you for wearing weird shit so its whatever

>used to wear this hanging out with the local pokemon go players
>get known as "the pikachu girl"
>sometimes go out on late night 7-11 runs in this
>just yesterday a worker asked if i was dressed as pikachu
>>
File: 31Coebai5oL[1].jpg (13KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
31Coebai5oL[1].jpg
13KB, 333x500px
>>9231654
dropped image
>>
>>9231517
Misread that as 3XK and was very confused
>>
File: 1475284759004.gif (440KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1475284759004.gif
440KB, 245x245px
i was dressed as Rick from Rick and Morty, i go to the grocery store in costume cause it is halloween day. load my groceries into my car a creepy toothless redneck starts hollering at me.
"Hey doctor! Are you a doctor? Come over here i have something i need to show ya! I know it sounds weird but come over here."
i quickly get in my car and drive away.
>>
File: 1476414374148.gif (353KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1476414374148.gif
353KB, 300x168px
>>9231798
>mrw
>>
>>9231654
>>9231657
Where is the Felyne Kigu from anon? Need that shit in my life asap
>>
>>9231861
got it from the capcom booth at anime expo for about $70, and the black version for my boyfriend. Its easy to get them at cons but i'm pretty sure you can get them online- its a bit harder to make sure you aren't getting a knockoff though
>>
>dress as Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko
>got a lot of people asking if I was Kikyo from Inuyasha

HER HAIR IS FUCKING BLONDE YOU DUMB FUCKS.
>>
File: Kannazuki.no.Miko.full.3065.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kannazuki.no.Miko.full.3065.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
>>9231906
>photo for reference
>>
"Transformer", "Darth Vader", and my personal favourite - "terrorist"

Was an ODST...
>>
I cosplayed Negasonic Teenage Warhead a few weeks after deadpool came out. Got mistaken for "female wolverine"

Wat.
>>
>>9231428
I hate getting mistaken as the tardis haha.

Called zelda when I wore Tauriel from the hobbit: DoS

Sailor Moon when babydoll from sucker punch

Airline stewardess when I was Burial At Sea Elizabeth From Bioshock.
>>
I sometimes wear casual lolita around campus, and one time the barista at my regular coffee place said he’d seen me around and complimented me on my “Madoka cosplays”. I hadn’t heard of Madoka at the time so I just thanked him but said they weren’t cosplay, just my clothes. He insisted that my outfits were actually from the Madoka Magica anime and that I must have bought them from AliExpress without knowing the source. When I tried to tell him I bought my dress straight from the (Japanese) brand he interrupted me to say “whatever bitch, here’s your coffee”. Thanks bruh.
Turns out this guy is the manager and has been working there for ~15 years. I now frequent a different coffee place.

>>9231089
>>9231410
>dear diary
>today I totally pwned this fake geek girl wearing some slutted up Spiderman/Batman costume
>she tried to tell me her shitty OC is a legit character but she didn’t fool ME!
>>
>Doing photoshoot as Ryuko Matoi active kamui ver. on car park rooftop
>12 year old and his friend comes over
>Asks if I'm cosplaying Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
Cosplaying white mage Bakura,

someone whispers to their friend that I must be cosplaying the pope
>>
>>9231428
Feel ya on that one.
Has happened to me before.
The guy ever had the nerve to correct me and say "no no you're the tardis"
mate, i'm pretty sure I know who I am cosplaying
>>
File: tumblr_mybw9wlNhg1t8iakeo1_500.jpg (125KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mybw9wlNhg1t8iakeo1_500.jpg
125KB, 500x714px
Cosplaying a Tech-Priest from Warhammer 40k with mechadendrites on my back.

Constantly hearing people saying I'm Doctor Octopus.
>>
Cosplaying Celes from FF6 at a small college convention with a lot of teenagers present probably about 6 or 7 years ago now.

>Nice Hannah Montanta cosplay!
>What?
>Five minutes later down another hallway.
>Hannah Montana!
>And another Hannah Montana 10 minutes after that.

Also cosplayed Rinoa with one of her weapons and got mistaken as a Yugioh Duelist. But Hannah Montana takes the cake.
>>
File: 17615-620x-Asuka BAKA.png.jpg (54KB, 620x431px) Image search: [Google]
17615-620x-Asuka BAKA.png.jpg
54KB, 620x431px
>Cosplaying as Asuka from evangelion
> get asked if I am D.VA from overwatch..
>>
I was cosplaying Eli Ayase's WR costume, and I was texting a friend where they where to meet up and some asshole kept shouting at me 'Sailor moon' and telling me to put down my phone and I was a brainwashed idiot for trying to find my friend.

He got mad when I didn't turn around and like grabbed me and asked for a photo. Rude and wrong.
>>
>>9231458

I cosplayed as Sakura Kinomoto in her second OP outfit, I got asked if I was Fluttershy.
>>
>>9232156
OT but fuck I hate it when people assume I'm some vapid ho glued to social media whenever I'm using my phone. No dude I'm not going to put down my phone for your pleasure when I'm trying to figure out when my bus arrives, communicating with my boss or comforting my friend whose terminally ill mother isn't doing well. Fuck off.
>>
File: tumblr_n2fovy5F0D1tsc05oo1_1280.jpg (58KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2fovy5F0D1tsc05oo1_1280.jpg
58KB, 720x576px
I've had a couple over the years but these two were the worst/most frequent

>late 2000's
>cosplaying K from Gravitation (pic related)
>"Hey it's Ed Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist!!"

>cosplaying OC fox spirit
>outfit is all white, red sash
>traditional wear with a long trailing skirt
>red face paint
>expected to be confused for Okami gijinka
>"Hey it's Sesshomaru!!"
>get called Sesshomaru no less than a dozen times
>once by a little girl coming over with a camera
>reflex blurt I'm not Sesshomaru after saying it all day
>upset little girl, didn't mean to
>walking in dealers room
>go past CrunchyRoll livestream
>friend grabs me and shows me the screen
>"IS THAT INUYASHA?!" "COME BACK, INUYASHA!" "LADY INUYASHA!"
>oh god
>>
I have never had this happen before. To be fair, I don't really cosplay from obscure anime so it's pretty hard to mistake characters. I have had people ask for group photos when everyone is cosplaying from a different series and that's always odd
>>
My girlfriend and I got asked if we were from Scooby Doo when we were cosplaying Kiki and Ponyo.
>>
>>9232156
>Eli Ayase's WR
>Sailor Moon
I can understand the sailor uniforms earlier in the thread, but jesus that's a stretch
I guess he was a normie
>>
File: 1409271014569.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409271014569.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>9232118
>>
> cosplaying Panty in the cop outfit
> lose track of my Stocking in the crowd
> "OH HEY LOOK IT'S AMY POND"
> ?????
>>
File: 1440071364872.png (193KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1440071364872.png
193KB, 680x680px
Not cosplaying but
>be wearing a shirt with Kirino from Oreimo on it
>be at a park when pokemon go started being a thing
>lose track of bf in the crowd for a second
>guy stops me and says he loves my "sword art online shirt"
>say it isnt from SAO
>"No yeah its that chick, his girlfriend!"
>"Asuna? No no its not her."
>mfw
>bf comes back to me and the guys stop badgering me.
REEEEE NORMIES GET OUT REEEEE

>>9232149
Holy shit I'd literally lose my shit if this happened to me.
>>
>uguu kawaii bunny girl
I was cosplaying Miffy..
>>
>Wearing an oc outfit for a small con, horns, claw gauntlets, platforms, white hair
>"I like your black butler cosplay"
>"are you from black butler"
>"are you sebastian"
>suddenly, idea
>"what are you from, anon?"
>"crimson servant, the animation is really good"
>always get one of two responses
>1. "oh, I've never heard of that, I'll have to check it out."
> or the more commonly from 16 year olds and younger "oh I love crimson servant!! your character is the best!"

On a more related note:
>wearing lolita
>purple dress, brown wig, rabbit bag
>"oh I like your madoka cosplay"
> ????...
>>
File: image.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>cosplaying Sadness from Inside Out
>all of the old people call me Violet from Willy Wonka
>go to Mega64 booth
>Rocco says he likes my Violet cosplay
>laugh and go along with it
>he starts quoting the scene where she turns into a blueberry
>and doesnt stop
>its not funny anymore
>mfw I just wanted a shirt
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 199x254px
>>9232157

Wearing this.

"*Gasp* pinky pie!"

Wait, what?!
>>
Cosplaying Jemma Simmons from Agents of Shield in a a lab coat with a giant shield patch and name embroidered on it, SHIELD lanyard, and Shield identification with character name and my picture on it. All this at a comic/sci fi con.

Girl comes up to me, ARE YOU GENDERBENT CASTIEL?!
>>
>>9232286
>mfw every time I see a good constantine someone's like "why is that Castiel blonde"

fuck supernatural
>>
Nothing too bad. Was mistaken as a Day Z cosplayer while dressed as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is fair enough really, and a MGS 3 Ocelot invited me to a MGS meet while I was dressed as Pip Bernadotte. I suppose he could pass as a MGS character.
>>
Amanda Connor & Jimmy Palmiotti thought my Steven Universe group was from Jem and the Holograms at C2E2 a couple years back. They took our picture and everything... we just politely corrected them and they told us we looked really cool anyway.

It wasn't that off base, but it was a little awkward getting that enthousiastic of a wrong guess from a featured guest.
>>
>>9231151
That's a travesty. Wonderchef is one of my favorite characters and I was thinking of cosplaying him.
>>
Got asked more than once if I was cosplaying Velma from Scooby-Doo when I was Tina Belcher from Bob's Burgers.
>>
File: 0743457878.jpg (39KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
0743457878.jpg
39KB, 539x960px
>>9231081
What would you call this?
>>
I was the Harbinger of Spring from Flying Witch
Some dude thought I was like a ninja or something in the Court of Owls from Batman
>>
> cosplaying Jesse McCree
> cursed with a round baby-face
> 1 hour commute to con, traveling without most of my cosplay on or goatee for convenience
> put my wig and hat on because it's just easier
> exit train
> a voice calls in the distance
> "CAAAAAAAAAAAAARL"
> partner says they must be mistaking me for Carl from TWD
> exit station
> a new voice
> "CAAAAAAAAAAARL"
> keep walking down the road
> "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL"
> almost at the con
> "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL"
> I am almost free
> "CAAAAAAAAAAAARL"
> I enter the con, suit up, and glue that fuzz on my face ASAP
> at least, no longer will I be mistak--
> "WOW I LOVE CLINT EASTWOOD"
>>
>>9232325
A degenerate.
>>
Someone once thought I was a female version of Dipper from Gravity Falls when I was cosplaying Clementine from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
>>
>>9232329
I mean, McCree is a Clint Eastwood larper, so.
>>
Cosplaying a war boy from Mad Max and someone asked if I was an Everest climber who didn't make it.
>>
>>9232385
What a weird thing to think.
>>
>>9231906
>dress as Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko
Holy shit bless you, I fucking love Kannazuki no Miko
>>
File: 1453522546890.jpg (13KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
1453522546890.jpg
13KB, 194x259px
>>9231798
>not staying in character by burping at her and treating her like an idiot
>>
I used to get Elizabeth from Black Butler all the time whenever I cosplayed Candy White (Candy Candy). Some people would roll their eyes when I corrected them, but it was also at the height of of Black Butler's popularity.

My favorite is some guy asking me if I was cosplaying "genderbend George Washington" in my Nyotalia Prussia cosplay. I went with that for the rest of the day.
>>
>>9231798
You missed out on what would have been an amazing greentext story.
>>
>>9232077
>it's that thing I like
>it's not the thing I like?
>this confuses and enraged me!
>>
>>9231081
Cosplayed as Maya Fey from Ace Attorney. Someone thought I was a Gastly ginjika.
>>
File: 1464818008343.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1464818008343.gif
1MB, 320x213px
I was 14 years old and didn't have enough time to get a good costume, so I wore a white shirt, white trousers, white cloak, I painted my whole face white. Thought it was obvious I was a fuckin' ghost.

"What are you? I see! You are a prince!"
>>
>>9232357
Really? I kept getting "are you a genderbent Ash from pokemon?" when I cosplayed it
>>
Last Halloween I tried dressing up as civil war general Nathan Bedford Forrest, and constantly had people saying the bedsheet ghost costume is overdone.
>>
File: IMG_1702.jpg (90KB, 643x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1702.jpg
90KB, 643x425px
Wearing black and white old school Lolita, every 5 seconds was "omg you're so cute what series is that from?!?!"
>b...baby the stars shine bright...
>>
Someone asked me if I was Heidi when I was cosplaying Hungary from Hetalia. After I said I wasn't, he asked me to yodel?
>>
>>9232529
kek
>>
>cosplaying Kido Tsubomi from kagepro
>person in dealers room next to me
>"ohhh i love your costume! i forget what show he's from"
>he
>i am cosplaying a girl
>i am a girl myself
I mean, she's not wearing a dress or anything, but it was still funny to me
>>
>>9232140
Do you have a tutorial on how how made them? I want to cosplay Raging Heroes Necropriestess but the only tuts I can find are for huge Doc Ock tentacles.
>>
"I hate it when fake geek girls genderswap characters. That doesn't even LOOK remotely like Loki!"

That's because I was Amora the Enchantress, dipshit.
>>
>Wearing lolita coord with strawberry print skirt at an anime convention
>Woman stops me for a picture
>"I'll show this to my daughter. She loves Strawberry Shortcake! You're Strawberry Shortcake, right?"
>"Actually, this isn't a cosplay, it's a fashion style from Japan..."
>"Yes, I know. Anime!"
?????
>>
>>9232602
omg, that is hilarious... I'm a little afraid of cosplaying Leah of Hel for that exact reason.
>>
>>9232616
Oh my god please be Leah. I want to do a Leah and Angela cosplay so badly even if only like 3 people recognize us.
>>
File: FEF_Velour_My_Room_Model.png (201KB, 361x553px) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Velour_My_Room_Model.png
201KB, 361x553px
So I had a weird experience with my cosplay being mistaken for something else.
>Cosplaying as Velouria from Fire Emblems Fates
>Sitting on the stairs at the convention waiting on my group of friends
> Suddenly a middle age Hispanic couple in nice business attire approaches me
>The lady approaches me excitedly and asks if I'm Little Red Riding Hood
>Don't have the heart to say no given how enthusiastic she was
>She asks for a photo with me
>I oblige and go wait somewhere else after

The convention was a small one held at a college, so I assume the couple just picked the wrong weekend to visit their child.

Oh and recently at NYCC my friend was cosplaying Annie from LoL. Someone said "Nice Cheshire Cat cosplay." I could sense the seething from my friend for a good 10 minutes. But she calmed down after a few people actually recognized who she was shortly after that encounter.
>>
File: Konpaku.Youmu.full.1366479.jpg (672KB, 1000x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Konpaku.Youmu.full.1366479.jpg
672KB, 1000x1110px
>Hey! Alice in wonderland!
fucking normies
>>
>>9232640
How in the fuck
>>
>>9232650
I don't even know. I guess because of the black bow and poofy skirt? It was just a random person in a restaurant not at the con but still.
>>
File: Faust_Guilty_Gear.png (116KB, 246x405px) Image search: [Google]
Faust_Guilty_Gear.png
116KB, 246x405px
I Cosplay as Faust from GG"

>Most of time people shout "MEDIC"
>An old man said "hey look it's the Unknown Comic!"
>was going to meet up with some friends for a group shoot some fat guy started shouting about, why the con was letting Klan members in

People shouting medic I can understand, but
paper bag=pointed hood, how the fuck you get that mixed up?
>>
>>9232666
that's no where near medic though
>>
>>9232589

I wouldn't recommend the setup I used but here is an old WIP pic if you really want to see them. It's just a bunch of electrical conduit cobbled together. I only wore them for one con and got rid of them after. I could never get them to show up in pictures because of the weight unless someone took a picture of my back.

I have another bad guess to share. A friend of mine was cosplaying as Jaina Proudmoore from WoW and people kept thinking she was Zelda.
>>
File: tumblr_n5s2eztLH11sfxl02o1_1280.png (1MB, 1158x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5s2eztLH11sfxl02o1_1280.png
1MB, 1158x1200px
>>9231230
Reminds me, I've gotten asked if I was cosplaying Ouran twice while cosplaying Shion last year. Anything blue = Ouran.
>>
>>9232118
Well he's not that far from the truth
>>
File: cos-mistake.jpg (118KB, 1292x853px) Image search: [Google]
cos-mistake.jpg
118KB, 1292x853px
Too many times
Seems to have died down though
>>
I once mistook a terrible Fox McCloud as Barf once. Admittedly, I was in a Dark Helmet costume. That same day I got accused of being Stewie from the Family Guy Star Wars episode.
>>
>>9232824
Well no shit
>>
>>9232824
Wait that thing isn't weird Harry Potter fanart?
>>
>>9232860
Nah he's from Katawa Shoujo.
>>
File: Yamase + Unami.jpg (40KB, 442x735px) Image search: [Google]
Yamase + Unami.jpg
40KB, 442x735px
Cosplaying Rui Yamase with my friend as Ryo Unami.
He decided to use his transitions since they looked like the actual glasses. We're sitting down after coming inside so his glasses can un-darken themselves when some girl and her friends come running towards us.

"Oh my god, are you guys doing a Osomatsu school au?"
What?
"You're Jyushiko and thats Karamatsu, right?"

I GUESS I could see Jyushi but Unami couldn't be further from Karamatsu.
>>
I mistook a girl cosplaying Hank Venture for Fred from Scooby Doo, but in the first few seasons they're basically the same person so she just laughed it off and corrected me.
>>
>>9231081
A guy smugly yelled "Android 17!!!!!!!!" While I was cosplaying Android 18.
>>
File: Br9J0CoCEAEjcAd.jpg (24KB, 598x358px) Image search: [Google]
Br9J0CoCEAEjcAd.jpg
24KB, 598x358px
>dressed up as Piglet from Winnie the Pooh for the Disney park Halloween event
>get compliments throughout the day, errybody can tell I'm Piglet
>chilling with some cast members and villains at the dance party
>evil step mother asks if I'm Miss Piggy
>is being serious, not making an in-character joke
>y-you work here how can you fuck that up
>random dude dressed as Eeyore cheers me up about it

I had a pink wig and a yellow purse that I turned into a "Hunny" pot...
>>
>>9232891
what a casual.
>>
>>9232899
the fact that you had the hunny pot is what makes it bad
>>
A lot of people seem to get pissed off whenever you compliment them on their genderbent Ghostbusters cosplay.
>>
>>9232922
2edgy4u
>>
>>9232847
>That same day I got accused of being Stewie from the Family Guy Star Wars episode.
See with this kind of stuff, I wonder if people purposely make huge reaches just in case you are cosplaying something silly and desperately hoping someone gets it.
>>
File: 1475463046435 (1).gif (2MB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
1475463046435 (1).gif
2MB, 300x229px
About 3 years ago I was in love with Minecraft so I made my boyfriend and I matching creeper heads out of foam board. We went to a Halloween party and people thought I was either
> Garbage can (???)
> LMFAO (band)
> Deadmaus

One girl yanked my "head" off without asking and put it on her head so her drunk friend could take a photo

The year before they had a costume competition at the local club and I got first place for my silent hill nurse costume
> "First place goes to... SCARY ZOMBIE NURSE"
> mfw
I don't blame them for not knowing but ffs the silent hill movie was FILMED in that town

Otherwise my cosplays are recognizable, I don't usually do really obscure characters, only once and I was so happy 2 people recognized me
>>
File: giffany.jpg (241KB, 1707x2439px) Image search: [Google]
giffany.jpg
241KB, 1707x2439px
>20 year old man running up to me and screaming "ARE YOU SAILOR MOON?!"

i didn't hate him for it because not alot of people remember giffany but it still hurt
>>
File: 612apAFCbIL._UY550_.jpg (31KB, 367x550px) Image search: [Google]
612apAFCbIL._UY550_.jpg
31KB, 367x550px
>>9232943
no no, don't take it seriously. I'm a stripper who wore pic related and have had people constantly think i'm wearing a sailor moon cosplay

not to mention normies will think you're sailor moon for wearing anything with a sailor collar. my friend cosplayed sailor mercury and got confused for sailor moon. shit's painful
>>
File: image.png (195KB, 450x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195KB, 450x650px
Once I was cosplaying as postgame Wadanohara and I got mistaken for Touko Fukawa. I was running around with a bunch of Danganronpa cosplayers but man....they look nothing alike.
>>
A friend of mine doesn't cosplay but dresses sort of fancy sometimes. Knee-high boots, tight pants, dress shirts, vests and ties. He doesn't go to cons but he was dragged to Megacon one year and regularly got "OMG R U ALUCARD?"
>>
File: Barry.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Barry.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
I made a Barry costume for an ex a long time ago back when Barry was relevant (D/P time, before plat) and he was so excited to wear it, but people kept running up to him and screaming/shaking him while screaming I FOUND WALDO
>>
File: IMG_20150522_161048.jpg (623KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150522_161048.jpg
623KB, 2560x1920px
Cosplaying Red Hood, pick related is me.
In order from least terrible to guesses that make me wanna kill myself:
>Deadpool
>Iron Man
>Ant-Man
>Red Skull
>>
>>9233097
Lol. Nice try, Deadpool.
>>
File: the-purge.jpg (93KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
the-purge.jpg
93KB, 630x420px
>do simple The Purge cosplay
>wear yuppie clothes and mask
>carry plastic weapon prop
>indignant tumblrite in line for snacks sends her boyfriend over to tell me my Obama blackface is racist
>bc social justice is important enough to make sure i heard her opinion, but not important enough to risk losing her place in line

$8 nachos: better than stopping racism
>>
>>9233127
edgelord vs sjw cuck
match of the century
>>
At the first con I ever went to some broad told me my Germany cosplay was really lazy. I was just wearing a wool German army jacket because it was chilly outside.
To be fair, there were 100 actual Germany cosplayers wearing the exact same jacket.
>>
>>9232255

violet valet
monocrhome manservant
amber attendant
Mint maitre'd
>>
>>9231081

None because I don't rp irl you autistic retard.
>>
>>9232616
What made it funnier is his friend knew who I was and thus promptly took the piss.

It's worth doing. Sometimes you gotta explain who you are but you also get people who genuinely get excited and know who you are
>>
I complimented someone on their nyan neko sugar girls costume once.

They were not cosplaying nyan neko sugar girls.

It wasn't intentional.
>>
>>9231081
"are you the oscar guy?"

As I walked around as Ozymandias......
>>
File: IMGP29402.png (904KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP29402.png
904KB, 612x816px
>>9232414
It was my very first cosplay I ever made from scratch! First thing I ever really sewed too, so making a hakama was a reeeeeal challenge. I plan to redo her at some point, but I think I might just buy a hakama and alter it instead because holy shit it was hard to make. I did it in three days though, so.. Yep!
>>
I like to wear really colorful outfits. Go to convention casually to pick up badge on Day 0. The most annoying people kept stopping me and going "oh, oh you're..you're..who are you again? you look so familiar!" and I would say I'm not cosplaying as anyone. And they would still insist on holding me hostage while they tried to remember what character I reminded them of ... basically by the end of the day I just let the person guess and then said yup! and vowed never to wear that color combination to a con again.
>>
File: image.png (395KB, 1262x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
395KB, 1262x718px
The guess was Road Kamelot from D. Gray Man. She was fangirling pretty hard about it, too. It was actually from a seagull I recognized who usually cosplayed D. Gray Man. Nearly laughed in her face when she came up to me at the next con and started trying to make fun of me for "inaccurate shiny buttons" on an actual D. Gray Man costume.
>>
>>9232472
No specific guesses, but also Nyotalia Prussia related. Had some belly dancer!Italy try to kick me out of a Hetalia shoot yelling about how "This shoot is only for Hetalia"

>mfw it was the height of the Nyotalia hype
>mfw she recognized my friend's Russia
>mfw I was canon and she was a land whale in a belly dancer outfit trying to claim it was accurate
>>
>>9232824
SAME TIME ON SAT RIGHT SENPAI
BUILD WALL
>>
File: 1474556263960.png (145KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1474556263960.png
145KB, 702x397px
>>9232447
>>9232481
i was crossplaying so i'm actually a girl and the creepy redneck was a guy. i didnt wanna get kidnapped and murdered.
>>
>>9233461
If deliverance is to be believed it doesn't make much difference
>>
>>9233465
>dueling banjos intensify
>>
File: chaos cultist.jpg (64KB, 747x1069px) Image search: [Google]
chaos cultist.jpg
64KB, 747x1069px
>Haha get out of here Stalker!
>DUDE FALLOUT LMAO
I just go with it and shout random FO3 Raider quotes and once infiltrated a Fallout meet
>>
>>9232885
Wow lux-pain! thats so cool, kudos to you two.
>>
>>9233211
This is about people who want to take your picture because they thought you were dressed as something else, you vapid dumbass
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 217x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 217x397px
I got a few people asking if I was Fluttershy when I cosplayed Neko from project K.

I mean, I guess they have the same color scheme, but why?

And once, many many years ago, when I was dressed up as the Witch Bride from L4D2, somebody thought that I was an un-dead Marylin Monroe.
>>
File: oh man.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
oh man.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
Cosplaying as Kurisu, some lady asked me if I was Lindsay Lohan. To be fair, it was Halloween and I was in a normie setting. On the other hand though, what kind of a costume is that? And it wasn't even the right shade of red...

Then someone else asked if I was Amy Pond, which I forgave since it's a lot closer (and a costume you might actually want to do).
>>
File: 1473762878005-co.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473762878005-co.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>9231089
[spoiler]>tfw spider gwen is a meh character from a meh comic who appeared in other meh comics in which they are then shafted for more marvel relaunch bullshit
[/spoiler]
When your character is from a mediocre selling marvel title and is just one of the gazillion spider[whoever] characters, dumb neckbeards won't give a fuck and will think you're just dressing up as your OC.
really fucking annoying.
[spoiler]t. girl suffering in capeshit fandom hell from both boy & girl fandumb[/spoiler]
>>
>>9233537
Good job kid. Everyone's proud of you.
>>
File: San.jpg (38KB, 264x646px) Image search: [Google]
San.jpg
38KB, 264x646px
People thought I was Korra from Avatar
>>
File: 400px-EvePortrait.png (158KB, 400x708px) Image search: [Google]
400px-EvePortrait.png
158KB, 400x708px
"Cool Mephisto (from Ao no exorcist)!"
Dude, no
>>
>>9233191
10/10 love monochrome manservant, would def use
>>
>>9233499
Thanks! I'm just glad someone even remembers the game - it was my shit, I still go back to play it and the soundtrack is so catchy!
>>
>>9232899
Could be that they were trying to have fun, while in character. Former cast member here(Halloween event at Haunted Mansion for a couple of years) , we were not allowed to break character. being Halloween gives us more freedom to improv and this sounds like something I'd do while trololololing around. Don't be so sour!
>>
File: porked.png (119KB, 215x231px) Image search: [Google]
porked.png
119KB, 215x231px
I was cross-playing Hatsune Miku and some guys in a pickup screamed "Homo!" Not even close.
>>
File: St蒼葉_通常_normal.png (157KB, 370x580px) Image search: [Google]
St蒼葉_通常_normal.png
157KB, 370x580px
"Are you cosplaying Mega Man?"

I wish I could say he was fucking with me, but that wasn't the case.
>>
I mistook a Bill Cypher cosplay for a Jolteon "fancy" gijinka. To be fair, it was a yellow suit with a spiky white collar, and the eye part was on the back of the coat, and I'd seen a bunch of other gijinka running around that day, but I still felt bad.

And slightly related, a group of friends and I were doing D.Gray-Man, and someone asked if one of our friends in a casual outfit who is our age but a bit heavier with thicker facial features was our mother. She got so upset, she almost cried.
>>
>>9231089
>>9231410
>cosplay Phyla Vell as Captain Marvel
>some dude asks who I am
>tries to fight me when I say Captain Marvel >tries to call further bullshit when I elaborate
>whips out his damn phone trying to get reception in the convention center to look her up
>a young woman comes up before he succeeds
>"sorry to interrupt, I love your Phyla, can I get a picture?"
>dude looks at her in surprise then glares at me and storms away without another word
>>
>>9231410
lbr, cass should have been batman during that run anyway.

on a related note, I want to do an old school spoiler and see all the wacky guesses I get. wish I had a cass to gf around with...
>>
>cosplaying as Princess Daisy (normal dress version)
>very often hear "omg Princess Peach I love you"
>????
>>
File: stocking.png (578KB, 662x768px) Image search: [Google]
stocking.png
578KB, 662x768px
While cosplaying school uniform stocking i had two young kids run up to me and asked if I was twilight sparkle from mlp so I had to pretend I knew anything about that show so I wouldn't upset two young kids
>>
I dyed my hair black one year before Dragon Con, have big eyes and generic white girl face, and wasn't cosplaying, just wearing my normal brightly colored clothes. I got complimented on my Katy Perry cosplay so many times. It was so fucking weird.
>>
File: kenji predicts gamergate.png (509KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
kenji predicts gamergate.png
509KB, 800x598px
>>9232824
>>9232876
That game was ahead of it's time.
>>
>>9232118
my sides hurt
>>
File: these fucking guys.png (307KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
these fucking guys.png
307KB, 403x403px
>Getting your feelings hurt from people mistaking which character you're dressed up as.
>Feeling bad for mistaking which character someone is dressed up as.
>>
>>9234053
>crossplaying Miku
>not a homo
doubtful
>>
>>9234619
I crossplay guys all the time, does that make me a lesbian?
>>
File: 1396546787030.png (101KB, 457x450px) Image search: [Google]
1396546787030.png
101KB, 457x450px
>>9231081
>be me. be at con
>see those 2 guys
>first guy wears a green suit and a green hat
>wears anonymous mask
>ask him: "are you ANONYMOUS (we are lelgion) or that cool Anon guy?"
>his face shifts from happines to sadness
notagain.webm starts playing
>his friend explains me that he's actually greenhornet, but they couldn't get his mask on time
all of my kek
>>
>>9231619
How can people mistake something as iconic as a Halo 3 spartan
>>
>>9231428
How is that possible?
>>9232069
>airline stewardess
Wft
>>
I cosplayed Storm and kept getting mistaken as the league characters Syndra (and Janna once)... even by LoL staff. Should have rolled with it, they gave out heaps of free shit to league cosplayers.
>>
>>9234790
That's kind of his bad, the Green Hornet mask even close to an anonymous mask.
>>9235370
Was there a big LoL presence at that con? I can kind of see that happening if that's what people were expecting to see.
>>
File: Bbxb.jpg (142KB, 851x831px) Image search: [Google]
Bbxb.jpg
142KB, 851x831px
>>9231081
I was Ghoul Tsukune and two girls thought I was Speedwagon.

How the FUCK do you make that connection.
>>
Mine is not so much mistaken identity as it is a name mixup.

>First con, about 12
>Walking around with my dad
>See an Afro Samurai cosplayer. My dad and I love that show, so decide to point them out
>"DAD LOOK IT'S AFRO NINJA"
>Fuck I forgot the name of the show
>Poor cosplayer goes "come on man!"
>Dad corrects me and we hurry away

Years later I did see him again and apologized. Obviously he didn't remember but my old man wouldn't let me live it down and I wanted him to know that I did know who he was dressed as back then.
>>
>>9235442
Wishful thinking, probably.
>>
>>9235504
They were two ugly ass girls I went to school with so I'm not sure if that helps
>>
>>9231169
i'd shit myself if I ever saw a KHR cosplayer. I've never seen one IRL and I'm a slut for that show/manga
>>
I was Songstress Yuna and some creeper asked if I was Miroku from Inuyasha...
>>
File: oktavia02.jpg (1000KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oktavia02.jpg
1000KB, 1920x1080px
Shovel Knight
>>
a friend of me was cosplaying josuke from jjba, some old normies called him Elvis Presley
>>
File: 2d95b049b07f98fdc608521611545b64.jpg (113KB, 736x1034px) Image search: [Google]
2d95b049b07f98fdc608521611545b64.jpg
113KB, 736x1034px
>Cosplay Cheer Kotori during day
>Go to wait in line for an autograph, change from cheer into track jacket (pic related) and some shorts bc I don't have a skirt
>Waiting in line for 3+ hours
>At some point I chat with another LL cosplayer
>They ask what I'm cosplaying from
>>
>>9236284
Tbf, you were in an incomplete non-idolised version of kotori. What did you expect?
>>
>>9236389
I mean the wig should've tipped them off at least. I don't even LL and I can spot a Kotori cosplayer a mile away just by the wig.
>>
>>9236389
Eh, in their defense, Kotori's hair is really recognizable
>>
I was dressed as Sabitsuki from .flow (complete with rusted pipe and everything) and this Naruto cosplayer was convinced I was Suigetsu, even though my wig was curled and I was wearing a white miniskirt. Must have thought I was a shitty genderbend or something.
>>
I was dressed up as Raven from Teen Titans and someone asked if I was was from Steven Universe.
>>
>>9231209
Haven't been to a con in lolita in a couple of years, but from 2011-2014 I got "Are you Alice from Alice Madness Returns?" several times every comm, no matter what effort I made to ensure my colour scheme and wig were nothing like hers. I always used to worry people would think I was a Misa cosplayer but it honestly never happened.
>>
>>9238073
*every con fuck's sake
>>
>>9231222
Pics?
>>
>>9232325
Gtfo. No-one wants your cummies here.
>>
>>9238067
lol, I guess if you only knew SU vaguely I could see making that mistake
>>
>>9235748
Thanks, wish I had pics, but my friends never sent them to me or posted them anywhere that I've been able to find. Will go check FB and DA again
>>
>>9232325
Cancer.
>>
>>9232824
B A S E D K E N J I

post pics please!!!!
>>
Went as the Riddler trick-or-treating a few years back. I'm really short, but the costume was amazing. Green suit, bright purple question marks painted all over it, big question mark cane.

First house a guy guessed that I was a leprechaun.
>>
I called a girl "Nausicaa of the valley of the wind" when she was Princess Mononoke, once.

Kek.
>>
>>9234191
>>9232118
I laughed so hard.
>>
Was asked on more than one occasion if I'm Black Jack when I'm cosplaying Simon Blackquill from Ace Attorney
>>
>>9240215
Both are good.
>>
File: tumblr_o6dnk2WGB41vrhmlwo1_500.png (201KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6dnk2WGB41vrhmlwo1_500.png
201KB, 500x466px
cosplayed red power ranger from operation overdrive, elderly woman asked for picture and called me a ninja turtle
>>
>>9240215
Pics of your cosplay pls, I've never seen a good Blackquill
>>
>>9240272
just wanna say i love you for you being a cowchop fan
>>
>>9231458
I bought a Stocking figure once and the guy behind me in line asked if it was an MLP figure
Yeah the busty lady with her panties showing is an official MLP figure
>>
Once I was cosplaying Briar Rose from Sleeping Beauty and this very greasy Monobear asked me if I was Sonia Nevermind I guess because I was blonde and with a Dangan Ronpa 2 Togami???
>>
>>9231219
I love Tales to death (and Abyss especially) but Tales photoshoots are universally awful
>>
>>9232325
HotTopic Clearance Rack?
>>
File: Junpei_(5).png (202KB, 380x580px) Image search: [Google]
Junpei_(5).png
202KB, 380x580px
>>9231081
As Junpei from 999, I got called Marty McFly because of my puffer vest.

Like it's not even the same color.
>>
I called a girl Fat Princess once. Turned out she was just a fat Peach.
>>
>>9236122
Well theyre not wrong
>>
I was cosplaying as Rohan from JJBA and someone asked me which Attack on Titan character was I cosplaying.
>>
>>9240664
Ouch
>>
My slightly overweight friend worked so hard to make a nights watch outfit from game of thrones. He decided to be John Snow. Heads to his first convention and people stop him and constantly tell him it's the best Sam they ever seen.
>>
File: 1439675810123.jpg (88KB, 679x656px) Image search: [Google]
1439675810123.jpg
88KB, 679x656px
>>9231081
>be Gray Fox
>"Hey guys, check this out! It's Death Stroke!"
>mfw
>>
>>9235442
I've always wanted to see a cosplay of him dressed in the fairy tale uniform.
>>
>>9232608
same anon, same. one photographer even took my picture. "nice strawberry shortcake uniform"
i played along i was too awkward to correct him
>>
>>9231123
probs tits
>>
Cosplaying Elyse from Sound Horizon, a mother mistaken me for a disney princess and forced her child to take photo with me. Her kid just kept staring in my face whole time. Lol
>>
probably "mlp!" to a reese and cyrus from animal crossing, our designs were pretty baisc, apron animal ears face paint. the only connection i really see is "bright colors!"
>>
>>9232325
gay brony
>>
>>9236284
ayyyyyyyy lmao
maybe your wig wasn't styled good enough to be recognized or idk
but still funny as shieeeeeeeeet
>>
File: Gunshoe.gif (64KB, 644x602px) Image search: [Google]
Gunshoe.gif
64KB, 644x602px
>I love inspector gadget!
>>
Currently at Youmacon dressed as Parappa. Several times now I've been asked if I'm Snoopy. I don't understand how people come up with that.
>>
>>9231654
Anyone who goes out in public in kigus deserves to be shamed
>>
>>9233097
>Mirin' dat Venus booty
>>
>>9238067
Why, were you fat?
>>
>>9231169

>people actually guessing daisya barry
>daisya barry, who was introduced specifically to be killed and only appeared in like two chapters

that's some next level obscurity shit.
>>
File: are you sure.png (237KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
are you sure.png
237KB, 500x406px
>Wanted to cosplay Captain Phasma, didn't want to do armor
>Made a screen-accurate First Order Officer's uniform instead, wore it with the cloak and a wig done like Gwendoline Christie's hair
>Dude comes up to me on the con floor
>"So are you like... a WW1 nurse?"
>mfw
>>
File: url.jpg (11KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11KB, 307x164px
>Dressed as a Necron Lord with full cape, cowl, warstaff, and alien artifacts.
>Oh my gosh, I love the Terminator.
>>
When I was in high school, I decided to cosplay as L for Holloween and people thought I was Rhianna in Disturba. Gotta love being a black weeb.
>>
>"This bitch put the character's name on her dress to tell us who she's supposed to be"
>>
>>9247648
>L
>low cost cosplay
I don't blame them. I wouldn't know who you were either.
>>
>>9247651
To be fair, It was from people that don't watch anime so there was also that so it was funny. It wasn't that great a costume anyway since I went with the live action rather than the anime hair.
>>
>cosplaying Katara recently
>one of her parkas instead of just the dress
>hanging out with a friend dressed as Mercy from Overwatch
>people keep asking her for photos and I keep moving out of the way
>"what are you doing? we want a picture of you too!!"
>oh okay that's nice
>Mercy friend finally turns to me
>"I think they think you're Mei"
>mfw
>>
>>9245798

Didn't get to get a picture of you, but I wanted to let you know I was happy as hell to see that. Riding the monorail day 1 listening to Parappa is a great memory.
>>
>>9235780
I laughed harder than I should have at that.
>>
Cosplayed Castiel from Supernatural eons ago, got asked if I was Russia from Hetalia...
>>
>>9248988
(Admittedly, that was before Castiel was well-known in my country and on the height of the Hetalia-craze, but still...)

Oh, and I got asked if I was cosplaying as Kobato when I was wearing toned down classic Lolita. Didn't even wear a pink wig or something like that.
>>
File: foster (2).png (2MB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
foster (2).png
2MB, 1365x2048px
Fucking Doctor Who fans.
>Walking around as Mr.Foster, get around 1-3 people who actually know who I am cosplaying as
those moments feel great, but... Guaranteed
>Every two minutes, get stopped for someone to stare at me
>"are you my mummy?"

That fandom...
>>
File: Untitled.png (185KB, 456x392px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
185KB, 456x392px
>Goes as Fionna
>Get asked multiple times if I've a rabbid

Goddamn normies.
>>
>>9250473

Fionna is like the most normie cosplay there is besides Harley Quinn.
>>
>>9232635
>cosplaying pic related
>get asked if I'm from Fire Emblem several times
>Little Red Riding Hood not even once
>>
File: wako-charsheet.jpg (51KB, 600x485px) Image search: [Google]
wako-charsheet.jpg
51KB, 600x485px
>"Are you female Ness?"
>".....yes."

Lots of Smash cosplayers took pictures with me.
>>
>>9250584
I feel bad but I don't think I'd recognize a Wako cosplay unless you had another one of the SD guys with you.
>>
File: IMG_3302.jpg (13KB, 129x131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3302.jpg
13KB, 129x131px
>>9250584
>ness
>not even lucas
>>
>So youre like, a confused leprachaun?

I was cosplaying Riddler.
>>
Halloween a few years ago. Splicer from Bioshock, quite a good costume I'll add, hand-made bunny mask and in a 20's style get up and some wood-cut out hooks.
"OH, are you a unicorn?"
What does that even mean, lady?
>>
>>9251615
Well, are you?
>>
I once had someone who didn't even get so far as giving me a shitty guess. My boyfriend and I were cosplaying as Ryuko and Mako from Kill La Kill, and a guy knew who my boyfriend was (Mako) right away and freaked out over him.
He had no idea who I was, and I pride myself in the accuracy of my cosplays. His excuse was that he hadn't seen all the episodes. Ryuko's in EVERY episode, ignorant fuckbucket. Still kinda bitter about it.
>>
>Cowboy Bebop group cosplay
>We have the whole Bebop crew
>I'm Julia
>"Hey! Cowboy Bebop and Catwoman!"
>>
Once as I was cosplaying Castiel (at a small con), I was mistaken for Columbo, then Constantine.

Good times.
>>
Was Riff-Raff from the Rocky Horror Picture Show... AT the Rocky Horror Picture Show

"Are you the guy from the Witcher?"

Fucking virgins, man.
>>
File: morgana.jpg (8KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
morgana.jpg
8KB, 292x172px
Not a convention and no one mistook who I was, but this past Halloween, I worked really hard to make this Morgana costume (from LoL -- she's my mid main) and went to a Halloween party centered around geek/nerd culture.

No one recognized who I was (closest I got was "OH, you're from... WoW, right?") at first glance even though it was really obvious. Which would have been fine -- sure, maybe nobody there played League.

Someone came up to me and asked what I was supposed to be. I said, "Morgana from League of Legends," and his immediate response was to scoff at me and say, "Do you even PLAY League of Legends?"

He later insinuated that I was just "some cosplay girl" trying to get attention by dressing up in a slutty costume, and it ruined my whole night because I just had to laugh it off and be like, "That's really dumb, who does that?" basically

Whole experience especially sucked because I was really, really nervous about wearing the costume, even though I made it specifically for Halloween and worked around the clock to finish it, BECAUSE I didn't want to seem like a "slutty cosplay girl." Almost didn't go to the party in the first place but was strongly encouraged to go, and my boyfriend said that no one would think that of me.

...granted that only a few people even actually dressed up at the event, and my costume was by far the most serious of all of them. ;-;
>>
>>9253964
You shouldn't have played it off
Should have told him to fuck off and 1v1 you/asked to see his recent rankings if he is so high and mighty

You gotta aggressively put the guys who think all girls are "gamerrr grills" into their place
>>
>>9232608
>Strawberry shortcake is my favorite anime.

That lady is a shitposter on 4chan.
>>
>>9253270
Do you have a pic?
>>
>>9231081
>be baby weeb
>going trick or treating
>manga Sailor Venus costume
>handmade and everything, looks spot on
>bow in my hair, gloves, the whole look
>just about everyone recognizes it because it was back in the day of Sailor Moon being on 3-4 times a day
>Sailor Moon doll commercials were all on TV
>get to one lady's door
>she coos over my friend's generic angel/witch costumes
>gives them several pieces of candy
>looks at me
>"Who're you supposed to be, a Rockette?"
>what
>tell her I'm from Sailor Moon
>gives me a flat look and tosses a single candy in my bag and shuts the door

I guess she saw the skirt and legs and just thought since we're upper East Coast that I was one? Years later and I still haven't figured out her logic.
>>
File: 1392157924393.jpg (30KB, 225x234px) Image search: [Google]
1392157924393.jpg
30KB, 225x234px
>Han solo
>Spend days making perfect episode 4 costume
>its perfecto
>Hair not long enough, but costume as good as it can get

ARE YOU A COWBOY?

>MFW at a costume party of people aged 17-50, no one gets the smuggler
>>
>>9232263
My mom dressed up as Sadness for Halloween and she kept getting a) Smurf of b) Velma Dinkley???

Once at a con I was dressed as Ravio from Link between Worlds and had a guy disparagingly say "Oh look.../another/ five nights at freddy's animatronic."

Way to look like and idiot and a douchebag
>>
File: Homero.jpg (26KB, 496x368px) Image search: [Google]
Homero.jpg
26KB, 496x368px
>>9250584
Unfortunately while cosplaying wako someone asked if I was from boku no pico
>>
File: jarvispls.gif (1MB, 268x155px) Image search: [Google]
jarvispls.gif
1MB, 268x155px
>Cosplay Peggy Carter
>blue suit/red fedora version from the one-shot/tv show everyone knows
>Carmen Sandiego
>Dana Scully
>Lois Lane
>Hillary Clinton (???)
>>
>>9231567
Anon, do I know you? Were you at Otakon?
>>
>>9240661
Anon, were you at AB?
>>
>>9255273
Should of found a waitress to hit on you or at least be sassy with.
>>
>>9231144
Super underrated series. Any pics?
>>
File: 14.jpg (3MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>9255819
I don't even ship them but I'd kill to have an Angie following me around like you wouldn't believe.
>>
File: motokokusanagi12.jpg (220KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
motokokusanagi12.jpg
220KB, 1024x768px
"Oh! You're Miranda from Mass Effect!"
>>
>>9231081
Two women came up to me while I was walking to a plaza to find my friends in my Stocking Anarchy cosplay.
They told me they Loved Sailor Moon and had to take pictures for their daughters.

I didn't have the heart to correct them. Posed and moved on.
>>
File: 7.jpg (219KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
219KB, 640x905px
>Cosplaying Perry Jr from Bakumatsu Rock
>Are you from Assassins Creed?

I wasn't aware assassins wore stockings and garters, I went into the con expecting to be mistaken for a sexy Hetalia America fan design.
>>
>>9233685
But ....... HOW.
>>
>>9245703
I fucking lost it at this post
>>
>>9257388
That is amazing....
>>9255845
Are you saying Black Jack is underrated? Are you fucking retarded?!??!
>>9250501
Truth
>>9248994
This happened to me as well, when I cosplayed as Psycho Mantis...
>>9233655
That would make me cry...
>>9232447
Exactly. If you're not going to put any effort into playing the character then you're not cosplaying. You're just playing dress up
>>
File: ren.jpg (502KB, 1300x2050px) Image search: [Google]
ren.jpg
502KB, 1300x2050px
A girl was convinced I was doing a Kyogre gijinka. I GUESS. I didn't correct her..
>>
>>9255817
Nope. I usually don't go to anycon more than an a couple hour out of where I'm at.
>>
>gekkan shoujo group of sakura, kashima, and seo
>"OMG IT'S SAILOR MOON!!! ARE YOU GUYS FROM SAILOR MOON"

how the fuck even
>>
>>9232939
>Drunk normies

Ugh, this is why I don't do elaborate costumes for Halloween parties anymore. I had a similar incident when I had a deadmau5 head some 5-6 years ago (is he even still relevant anymore?)

>wear deadmau5 head that I worked hard for
>impressed crowd, but attracted a creeper because imma grill
>drunk creeper has shittily applied and unsealed face paint on
>keeps trying to see my face; leans in and gets dark greasepaint on my screen

Back to being on topic
>different mau5 head for a con
>classic red head
>got mistaken for "Mickey Mouse" by some family visiting a con
>their kid wants to take a picture with me
>tfw some random family has a pic of me in a creepy (and I admit, shitty) looking deadmau5 head with their kid

J-fashion
>wear mori-girl
>no shitty faun makeup, but wearing stupid antlers because hopped the trend wagon
>"Hey, you're the deer-god from Princess Mononoke, right?"
>Sure.jpg
>>
>>9231081
I occasionally cosplay /co/-tan; which is already pretty esoteric, so I don't get terribly upset when people think I'm "The Spirit" or "Blue Darkwing Duck"
>>
>>9257812
I don't think the average anime fuccboi takes the time to read the classics Anon.
>>
File: 9sxHPBx[1].gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
9sxHPBx[1].gif
992KB, 250x250px
>half of this thread
>>
>wearing my Mando armor to an old people nerd convention
>you know the kind. old-school bastion of science fiction and fantasy with old ladies dressed as elves
>staffing mercs booth with a few other local members of the clan
>people keep saying "oh look, Sabine!!" even though the only thing my kit has in common with hers is the Nightowl/Bo Katan-style bucket
>w/e I'm basically dressed as an Original Character Do Not Steal anyway
>someone finally approaches me
>"You're a Hello Kitty Mandalorian!"
>Uh, no I'm not?
>"Yes you are!"

people that think you don't even know what you're dressed as and they do cheese me right the fuck off.

also:
>"So are you like one of those.... Anime samurais?"

idek where the fuck that one even came from.
>>
People who insist that you are wrong sound like assholes
"No, I clearly understand what you spent hours on way better than you do"
>>
>Not cosplaying
>Not even wearing J-fash
>Get random guesses on my "cosplay" all con long

I...I'm just here to take photos of you guys.
>>
>>9232055
A FUCKING TERRORIST HAHAHAHA SHIT ANON

god that is fucking rich
This fucking thread man
>>
>>9232602
The dumbest part about this is loki fucking genderswaps himself all the time. Even in the actual mythology
>>
>>9232666
He should definitely be asking why they let scummy faust pickers in though
>>
>>9231567
fuck i want those shorts
>>
>>9232263
You should've kept it going as long as possible, I'd love to know how long it would take for Rocco to give up on something
>>
>>9236284
oh this happened to me too
>Fairytale Nozomi
>a Cheerleader Nico asks me what series I am from

and with WR Hanayo
>go out of the con to get some fresh air and a bag of chips or something
>random old man waves at me and chants the "VAMOS VAMOS ARGENTINA" world cup thing
>I was like "lol there must be a match today" and just wave back
>there was no match that day
>>
Cosplayed Professor Chaos from South Park, got confused for Dr. Doom.
>>
Cosplay Hanyuu from Higurashi- someone asked me if I was a Touhou character. Close enough.
>>
>>9253964
>guy trying to be elitist over LoL
Jesus Christ ignore his opinion he's embarrassing, sure you looked fine.
>>
File: giphy.gif (614KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
614KB, 500x320px
My friend did awesome and really look-a-like cosplay of Ruki from Gazette, pic related, and some drunk normies came to ask if she was dressed as Einstein.. I guess it's the frizzy hair but I have no idea how someone can mess up like that even if drunk? It was funny af tho
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.