[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Cosplay Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 14

I wanted to see some pictures of some bad or good Pokémon cosplays, whether they be people or actual Pokemon.

I also, since I couldn't find any advice on other sites, wanted some input on how to do the white lines on the Team Skull Grunt outfit. Paint? Sew? Do I customize on some shirt/clothing company and just buy it from there?

Any advice would be fantastic.
>>
I'm customizing it myself, I can't find a wig of that color though...

Help with that?
>>
>>9229374
Go to the help thread, nice try tho, got me fooled.
>>
>>9229390
I'm not using a wig with my cosplay, personally. At most I'd just spray color my sideburns crudely, but I see no reason with a wig if most of my head is going to be covered with the beanie.
>>
File: il_570xN.1091992661_5s45.jpg (54KB, 570x692px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1091992661_5s45.jpg
54KB, 570x692px
>>9229374
Quickest, cheapest way would be to get some medical fabric tape and just tape it on your shirt. For something more permanent look into "freezer paper silkscreening"

>>9229390
Look for "Mikuo" wigs maybe? Some are more blue than others.

Did anybody get one of these? They look good and the reviews are pretty good but I haven't seen pics of them worn.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/462233834/team-skull-cosplay-pendant
>>
>>9229414
OP here. I actually bought one of those last week and it should be coming in tomorrow, latest Monday. If for some reason this thread is still up I'll take a few pictures of it.
>>
File: 5d2.png (201KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
5d2.png
201KB, 600x849px
I want to cosplay Wicke and I'm trying to figure out a wig considering shape and volume. What do you think would be a good base wig? I was thinking of something in Arda's plum(I was thinking Venus) or Epic's purple/black fusion(I was thinking the Athena). I realize I'm going to have to do a bunch of foam core and teasing to get a good volume. I figure whatever I have to cut off for length I can turn into wefts.
>>
File: ghost.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
99KB, 500x500px
I'm thinking about doing a Mimikyu cosplay, but I'm not sure how to go about the head of it's disguise. All of the stuff that's been released about Mimikyu seems to suggest that the head of the "Pikachu" sits on top of the actual Mimikyu inside of the disguise. However, I feel like doing something like that in real life would look really awkward and disproportionate. It might look better doing the head of the disguise at my head, but then it wouldn't be accurate to Mimikyu's design. Thoughts?
>>
>>9230446
if you're doing a gjinka i thing it would be cute to make a hood (like on a coat or robe/tunic thing)the fake pikachu head,
>>
>>9230449
I was actually thinking of doing a more literal interpretation, but I think that your idea might actually be better. I'll keep it in mind, for sure!
>>
>>9230446
you could pull it off if you were to make your eye holes along the left eye and cheek portions (our left, looking at the picture); the difficult part would be making the head tilt back without forcing you discomfort
>>
>>9229429
Arda stuff styles well so just go for it.
>>
File: tumblr_obrbk2luVC1upjugwo1_500.png (235KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obrbk2luVC1upjugwo1_500.png
235KB, 500x280px
What would you all do for the pigtails? I was thinking I'd keep the main piece and pigtails separate parts. Also, the pigtails look stiff to me so I would maybe use foam? I need some opinions, gulls.
>>
>>9235891
This can work if you make the hair into flat ribbons. Kind of like this dill hair tutorial

https://arda-wigs.com/how-to-make-drill-curls/

Make a base out of tape and wire or maybe even foamies and wire for something more sturdy. The wires will give you something to root into the clips. With this kind of stuff it's best to put down a base layer of hair to cover the core and then a prettier layer of smooth hair over that.
>>
>>9235891
I was going to suggest what >>9235910 said, but maybe with more sturdy plastic like transparancies instead of tape. I'd still use something transparent as a base since if your hair layering is a bit wonky, people won't see your base as easily.
>>
>>9235910
thank you! I was looking at tutorial like this before, but I didn't know if would look right. I will try it out though.

>>9235917
I didn't think about using plastic! I'll try out both methods.

I'm also trying to decide if I should make them flat or more cylindrical. I've never really dealt with anything like this before, so it's going to be a learning experience for me.
>>
I'm just waiting for the trainwrecks that are going to be the first Lusamine and Wicke wigs.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477742797319.jpg (84KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477742797319.jpg
84KB, 1080x720px
>>9230446
I just found this one from FACYS (Belgium). I hope you dont do this but do something more cute....
>>
>>9238376
Whoops, meant FACTS.
>>
Bump for more good cosplay
>>
File: Sun_Moon_Professor_Kukui[1].png (369KB, 541x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Professor_Kukui[1].png
369KB, 541x1280px
I hope I can pull this off before May which is when the first local con of the year is.. I'm trying to get visibly fit

That aside it's a pretty simple costume to put together. I don't know what i'm going to do about the shoes though, green crocs? Also are there websites where I can make my own hats? The rainbow looks lame though honestly..
>>
Just wore these for MCM expo, grunt outfits are easy as shit if you have even a basic amount of sewing ability and we had a crazy amount of people stop us for photos. If you want any info about the build process just ask.
>>
>>9240496
You guys looked fantastic!
>>
>>9240499
Thank you!
>>
File: Hair clips.png (454KB, 1389x809px) Image search: [Google]
Hair clips.png
454KB, 1389x809px
>>9235891
My friend who did it here >>9240496 created the white skull things and stuck the longer hair strands onto hair clips which pushed out through the eye holes kind of like this
>>
>>9240496
How did you do the white crossed material on the clothes, if you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>9240513
The thing we agreed worked the best was getting white fabric, cutting it to shape (Two straight lines can be easier than an X if need be) and then sewing it or hot gluing it to the tank. Depending on the thickness of your fabric you might be able to see hot glue underneath though, just worth considering if you can't sew/don't have a sewing machine.
>>
>>9240522
I do but I'm also interested in if you used reflective material or plain white
>>
>>9240752
We all used a plain white for the shirts, I only used a slightly more reflective white for my arm guards but when compared to the rest of the group I think using plain across the outfit was the right choice.

All of that said though, I didn't even notice our Plumeria used a reflective white for her legs until writing this out and looking at the photo so it probably wouldn't really matter at the end of the day, unless you're as a group then it's just important to be consistent IMO.
>>
>>9240496
That perfect Gyzma
>>
>>9240496
Didn't think any of you guys were on 4chan
>>
>>9240496
You guys were awesome to see around the con and so many people I know who went all brought up seeing the group as well.
>>
File: lillie_rgb_300dpi-png.png (354KB, 600x1126px) Image search: [Google]
lillie_rgb_300dpi-png.png
354KB, 600x1126px
Going to try and cosplay Lillie at some point in the next year, would be cool if it was done in time for Ohayocon but I'll probably have to wait until a later one. Was really pleased when I saw her in that first trailer as I look just like her, hair and all haha. Her outfit looks really easy too, just get some plain things and do small alterations.

Only question I had was with the translucent material on the end. It'll droop if I get a petti under the skirt and it hangs off the edge, is a material like tulle stiff enough to stick out a bit even if not ruffled? Organza? I'm no fabric expert, suggestions appreciated.
>>
File: collagemikanjpg.jpg (269KB, 838x838px) Image search: [Google]
collagemikanjpg.jpg
269KB, 838x838px
Might as well post my Jasmine from earlier this year. Wig and accessories will be remade for actual photos. At some point.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477815426255.jpg (85KB, 812x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477815426255.jpg
85KB, 812x960px
Found a good Mimikyu!!
>>
>>9240496
Jason kek
>>
File: IMG_2350.jpg (2MB, 1195x2630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2350.jpg
2MB, 1195x2630px
I'll post my outfit. I used white duct tape and then used a flat iron behind them. The tape will stay on after that. Duct tape was my substitute since I'm terribad at sewing, Tanktop and shorts from mall browsing, hat and necklace were bought on etsy. Bandana bought at Michael's, also decorated with duct tape. Not the best, but it's a good start method. Tried my best
>>
>>9241178
wear a wig
>>
>>9241189
Awesome job on the wig wings!
>>
>>9241178
Maybe try a frosted vinyl?
>>
>>9240816
I'll let him know
>>9241152
I enjoy shitposting about anime and one of the other grunts is /vg/ trash but I think that's it.
>>9241160
Thanks!
>>
>>9241357
Looks pretty good man, shirt and arm guards in particular.
>>
>>9241526
>/vg/ trash

How dare you
>>
>>9241189
Looks great! You also really fit Jasmine as a character!
>>
>>9241310
no you didnt
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.