[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 84

File: 380px-Help_me.svg.png (48KB, 380x440px) Image search: [Google]
380px-Help_me.svg.png
48KB, 380x440px
Last one is in auto sage. Post all of your cosplay and jfash questions here.
>>
Unanswered questions from the last thread:
>9205289
>>9205576
>>9207467
>>9207716
>>9208308
>>9210505
>>9210780
>>9211745
>>9212531
>>9215768
>>9216063
>>9217814
>>9217940
>>9218431
>>9219049
>>9220226
>>9220928
>>9222655
>>9224482
>>9225592
>>9225910
>>9226587
>>
Woops, sorry
>>9226768
>>
File: Sonic Man.png (410KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Man.png
410KB, 1024x1024px
How should I go about making Sonic Man's helmet?
>>
How long should I wait after paying a LM invoice before perstering?
>>
>>9227082
Look and see if they have any specific outlined timelines in their terms of service, otherwise, I tend to send a message once I've paid, and then one about three days later if they haven't sent me a "Sent out your package!" message.
>>
>>9227082
Usually I wait until the weekend unless we've set terms on how long it will take. I know sellers have jobs/school/are busy. Max length I'll wait is a week.
>>
Reposting from other thread
>Hey /cgl/ I want to cosplay as an akatsuki member from naruto at an upcoming convention, and I tried ordering a cloak I found on ebay, which turned out to be shit. Does anyone know where you can find a good akatsuki cloak that is accurate to the look and feel from the show?
>>
Probably a stupid question, but: how feasible is it to trim out a widow's peak from an arda lacefront? They've got the color and general wig shape I want, but the widow's peak is a little too sharp. If I wanted to modify that, a) would I be able to and b) would it be better to seam rip individual hairs out and then cut the lace to shape or could I just cut right through where I want the hairline to be?
>>
Can anyone help me find the Instagram of that skinny white chick who does J-fashion inspired outfits? She dresses like a typical Tumblr Daddy chick and her name has something in it like "baby" I think. Not the biggest fan of her style since she dresses like a literal whore but I saw a dress on there that I liked and just wanted to find it again. Thanks!
>>
File: i just want epopel to love me.jpg (29KB, 507x504px) Image search: [Google]
i just want epopel to love me.jpg
29KB, 507x504px
really dumb question, but should I bring a jacket to an outside meetup if the weather's going to be from 50-60 degrees F? I usually sweat like a pig in a coord, and my OP Is long sleeved anyways, but i'm afraid i'll have underestimated the coldness and freeze my ass off. the I only have a wool coat too...
>>
>>9228296
If the jacket matches, go for it. If not, then I personally wouldn't because you're not going to freeze to death. Maybe bring a pocket warmer or something to keep you warm if you're really concerned.
>>
Looking for super pigminted red eyshadow in a bright fire truck shade and a blood red shade, having a hard time finding one thats not pink.
>>
Some of the reference photos look blonde/yellow but in the anime it looks blonde/pale green. What route should I go? Looking at Arda's Titanium Blonde for a base wig with either Pale Blonde or Mint wefts?
>>
File: thesexbombshadowpalette_main.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thesexbombshadowpalette_main.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>9228318
NYX Sex bomb palette has a great red plus other really usable colors
>>
>>9228321
Go with the mint wefts, but I would dye it since it's such a peculiar color.
>>
>>9228327
Dye the wig instead of using wefts?
>>
>>9228329
Dying the wefts, my bad for the miscommunication. The color isn't mint, but it isn't the lightest green they offer. If you're comfortable in your dye jobs then I say get some white/platinum wefts and work some very diluted yellow based green into them.
>>
File: 1476884847225.jpg (95KB, 503x810px) Image search: [Google]
1476884847225.jpg
95KB, 503x810px
Where to find the doll arm sleeves/gloves???
Every time I look I only find gloves for literal bjds.
>>
File: LovePlus-whitecompacts_large.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
LovePlus-whitecompacts_large.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>9228318
Love+ by Sugarpill is considered one of the brightest, truest red eyeshadows on the market. It's also on sale right now.
https://sugarpill.com/products/love-pressed-eyeshadow
>>
>>9227805
It's easy as pie to make a lace front match what you need it for. I usually cut the lace around it and then pull out the hairs to make my desired hairline. I'm sure there are tutorials online
>>
>>9228331
I'll try that! I tried to google reference images and got this which is nice to have but the hair looks yellow so I was genuinely concerned on what would be the best choice.
>>
File: 1470356172406.jpg (770KB, 700x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1470356172406.jpg
770KB, 700x1134px
>>9228335
>>9228324
Thankyou!!!!
>>
What does "3 or 4 mm pile" mean for velvet?
I'm looking for a material that seems furry, but only extremely slightly.
>>
Not sure if this is right thread to ask but anyway... i just started youtube channel. I mainly post coord videos and other fashion relate (like shoe collection, whats in my bag ect). I'm just really bad at tagging and naming. What kinda tags and name should i use to get views? Also sorry about my bad english.
>>
What color wig should I get for this guy, grey, light grey, or dusty blue? I'm leaning toward the third one.

https://arda-wigs.com/shop/magnum-classic-cosplay-wig/
>>
>>9228334
https://www.etsy.com/shop/beadborg
I know they're on vacation right now but they offers custom sleeves, tights, and even body suits iirc
>>
I have a quick question, so I spray painted my OoT Zelda armor with rustolium and was wondering if it will rub off on to my shirt underneath and if so what would others best way to prevent it from happening...

It seems to be fine atm...
>>
>>9228446
That refers to how long the little "hairs" are.
3-4mm is pretty much your standard velvet. If you want something that seems furrier, get a longer pile (10mm or something).
>>
I have a JSK that needs refreshing. The once white parts are yellowing and there are some staining over all. Was thinking of dying it but it's a wool blend (wool 75%, 10% polyester, nylon 10%, acrylic 5%) but have no experience with such fabric. Would regular fabric dye work or should I try using something that'll lighten the fabric instead?
>>
>>9228980
Dunno where I'd get that for stretchy black velvet.
>>
I'm making a skirt, and I was looking for a pattern similar to this but in orange tones. I bought the base fabric, and was going to add fabric paint for the squares but wasn't sure if that was the best method (fabric paint + stencil) or if there was an iron on option?
>>
How hard is it to use a hot knife on fabric? I need to use one a ton on my current cosplay and I'm kind of nervous haha.
>>
>>9229063
Depends on the fabric. If its synthetic it should be pretty easy. Make sure you have enough fabric to test it out before going to town on your final product.
>>
>>9229071
The fabric I'm using is 100% polyester so that should be ok then...silly question, but what kind of surface should I be cutting on?
>>
File: grunts_male_female.png (210KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
grunts_male_female.png
210KB, 500x500px
I foolishly posted my own thread about this, but I guess I'll post it in here too. I wanted some input on how to do the white lines on the male Team Skull Grunt outfit. Paint? Sew? Do I customize on some shirt/clothing company and just buy it from there?
It seems simple enough but I dont really know how to approach this.
>>
>>9229010
Depends on what you're making.
I did find this:
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0457728/minky-velvet-soft-cuddle-black
If it helps?
>>
>>9229079
Ideally something that you won't mind if it burns. I used my wood burner/hot knife on my metal table outside. If you need to work inside, try to find something like a glass or stone cutting board.
>>
>>9229421
Any of those options sounds fine. Which option are you most comfortable with? I think this would probably be a good project for fabric paint, just make sure you use a freezer paper pattern and a piece of material on the inside of your shirt so the paint doesn't bleed.
>>
>>9229436
Hmm, doesn't seem like that site was made for orders outside of the US.
It tells me my shipping cost, but nowhere does it give any indication that it knows what country I'm in.
And since it says I'm eligible for free domestic shipping if I make an order of $49 or more, it presumably as now idea I'm a New Zealander.
>>
>>9229442
Probably painting would be the most comfortable. It'd be totally trial and error. When it comes to fabric paint should I go for an actual brush type or just go spray?
>>
>>9229449
Fabric paint will come in a liquid form. I don't recommend spray paint for this. I like using a sponge brush.
>>
Gaaah, I'm really not sure what material to use for cat paw socks!
Long pile stretch velvet?
Short pile stretch velvet?
Short fur?
To make matters worse I have no idea what the inside of the material feels like unless I actually go to the store.
>>
>>9229476
well at least you finally came to the help thread...

this took 2 seconds to google https://youtu.be/AkYSOdNjmwc
>>
>>9229500
Wrong kind of sockpaw.
I already said, the kind of sockpaw in question is impossible to find on the internet.
>>
>>9229500
Also, that's EXACTLY why I said I don't like help threads.
Someone gives a shitty answer, then no one else answers the question because it's already been answered.
>>
>>9229476
1: Use whatever material you want. As long as it's long, it can work.
2: Alter the pattern to fit what you're looking for
3: About the inside material, in my experience it's usually a soft cotton lining or something.
>>
>>9229513
I wonder how long though.
I can get 3-4mm pile stretch velvet fairly easily, but I don't know if that would be too flat.
>>
>>9228921
It won't, depending on the material you used for the armor the paint might crack. You can help it if you seal it, you can use modge podge if you want.
>>
>>9229521
Thank you anon. I don't use spray paint often
>>
>>9229518
For a cat, it would be.

Do you have to use velvet?
>>
>>9229530
Synthetic fur would be too fluffy.
It's not supposed to be for a fursuit, it's supposed to be for more casual pawsocks.

Like, the slutty-halloween-outfit style.

Longish velvet would be perfect.
>>
>>9229535
You can try looking at minky. It's short but has a fur-like texture.
>>
File: loliarrest.png (629KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
loliarrest.png
629KB, 960x720px
Anybody know if this is a decent site? All the weebs I know swear by it, but weebs can be dumb.

http://www.miccostumes.com/
>>
>>9229701
Those are all costumes you can find on ebay/Taobao.
>>
Shego anon here. I'm looking at facepaint and it seems like Mehron is the best. What would be a decent contour to go with it? I don't want to paint my face white and then have zero definition.

I'm also thinking out combining the white and a bit of green since Shego looks to be more of a slightly greenish grey to me. I've never done full face paint like this (save for zombie makeup) and I want it to look good.
>>
>>9229903
I just use Mehron's light grey for a contour. Their monster grey would be too dark.
You can also use eyeshadow, same for the green tone if you want. I'd recommend Coastal Scents if you just want a cheap single shadow pot.

If you're getting Mehron's cream makeup sticks, make sure to get the setting powder too.
>>
File: me.png (292KB, 377x492px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
292KB, 377x492px
I was invited to a halloween party, but I never go to those parties..
Can someone give an idea of what costume could be better for me?
Here's a picture of me.
>>
>>9229980
>pick something you like
>get a costume for it
What you look like doesn't play as much into it as you think.
>>
>>9229981
Some people tell me that I look like Elijah Wood (maybe not in this picture).
I would dress as Frodo, but I'm 6ft tall.
>>
>>9229982
Go as Frodo then. Considering hobbits are the same size as human children no cosplayer over the age of 10 would have the right height either way.
>>
>>9229987
>>9229982
You could wear drywall stilts and be an excessively tall Frodo kek
>>
How is this called? (bow with three loops)
I need to know how to tie those for my cosplay (Zero III from Virtue's Last Reward, jacket part)
>>
I ordered five wigs from Lucaille, but only three arrived. Are they usually good about getting wigs sent out after a mistake like this, because I need them for a con in two weeks lmao.
>>
File: kkkk.png (32KB, 614x716px) Image search: [Google]
kkkk.png
32KB, 614x716px
First time using Storenvy. I've got my shipping address there as my actual shipping address, is there a problem if it only shows my country and email? Should I contact the store or is this normal?
>>
>>9230208
I think they might be called 'frog loop closures'. I remember I bought some premade ones at my local fabric store
>>
>>9230208
A chinese cloverleaf knot. Here's a guide--hope it's useful!

http://www.free-macrame-patterns.com/cloverleaf-knot.html
>>
>>9229905
Thanks anon! I was thinking of going with the Paradise paints and I do have the setting powder saved as well.
>>
does anyone have a full body reference for Diva's outfit from blood +, this one
>>
>>9230400
I've only tried the Paradise paints in black so I can't speak for how the white applies. It works pretty well and dries nicely, I'd just recommend at least 2 coats but it does dry quickly.
>>
>9210505
ironing
putting them through the wash won't make them disappear, but you could still re-iron after a wash regardless
>>
I was going to modify an existing shirt for my cosplay because I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of time to get it done sewing my own, and I immediately found one that was almost perfect. But I need to paint on it and it's 70% viscose/30% nylon. Being a fabric newbie still, I've never even HEARD of viscose.

I'm gonna keep looking for a substitute, but in the meantime what kind of paint would you use on a blend like that? I just need to do some stripes and things, simple shapes.
>>
File: Capture3.png (648KB, 1100x685px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
648KB, 1100x685px
>>9230428
Not the best but I hope this helps.
>>
>>9230607
perfect, I love you <3
>>
>>9229421
Fabric paint sounds like the most comfortable option here. You could buy a roll of masking tape to delimit the sprites, then run a wide brush over it in a couple of layers, and you'd get a clean result.

As for the kind of paint, don't get sprays, just use acrylic fabric paint and don't water it down. Good luck!
>>
>>9230601
Honestly, from my experience, acrylic will stay on anything. If you don't plan on washing that piece many many times, it should stay on it.

If it's a stretchy fabric, then make sure you paint it while it's stretched so that the paint doesn't rip when you put it on. I once painted leggings like that, using a cardboard backing that left them stretched and avoided the paint from bleeding onto the back of the piece.

There probably are better ways of doing that, but I think that this could work as some sort of last resort .
>>
>>9230633
It's a knit, so it's stretchy. And honestly the only advice I've ever seen regarding acrylic paint is to avoid it at all costs for fabric.

As an addendum to the original post: will regular fabric paint work on 95% cotton/5% spandex, or is the spandex enough to fuck it up?
>>
How would one go about making this mask? Paper mache and wire framing ?
>>
>>9230601
Use fabric paint, it's meant for fabric for a reason. Regular acrylic paint will crack and chip so badly.
Just, when you're ready to paint it, either wear it while someone else paints or use a dressform. Painting it flat and putting it on would result in some nasty distortion.
>>
>>9230923
Doesn't fabric paint only work correctly on natural fibers, or is that only for dyes? Neither of the materials in that blend are a natural, so would it take or would the paint just wash off?
>>
Can someone pretty please suggest an SS to place a preorder on taobao?
>>
>>9231031
I'm sorry, I just realized that I could use the spreadsheet provided in the TAOBAO thread. My bad anons.
>>
>>9230965
It works on pretty much any knit fabric.
>>
>>9229421
I need help finding the high top shoes the male grunt wears! Any ideas? Which one are you using?
>>
File: Flash.jpg (358KB, 540x701px) Image search: [Google]
Flash.jpg
358KB, 540x701px
Does anyone know someone who does spandex mask commissions? Specifically, for Agent Venom.
>>
File: milky_feather_cut_one_piece_bk.jpg (625KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
milky_feather_cut_one_piece_bk.jpg
625KB, 500x600px
Does anyone know what the shoulder measurement of this OP is? AP doesn't list it on their website.
>>
>>9226761
I brought a cosplay and the skirt is about an inch too wide around the waist

what are my options for making it fit?
got 3 days to fix this shit
>>
File: Sailor_m.png (151KB, 371x681px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor_m.png
151KB, 371x681px
I'm planning on cosplaying Usagi's winter school uniform - are there any cosplay/eBay stores that sell a good quality one? Or would it be better to make or commission it?
>>
>>9232195
Just take it in an inch? what
>>
>>9232211
>Or would it be better to make or commission it?

depends on your skillset. it's a simpler outfit in terms of cosplays so i'd say make it, but if you don't possess the skills yet to create garments, then commission it from someone who does. ebay and cosplay stores generally operate from factories in china and u will get ill-fitted garbage in return for your money.
>>
>>9231294
Pls respond.
.;_;
>>
File: obvious google results.jpg (185KB, 1821x961px) Image search: [Google]
obvious google results.jpg
185KB, 1821x961px
>>9232272
not that anon, but did you even try?
>>
>>9231302
Look into companies like the rpc and other people who make spider-man face shells.
>>
File: tumblr_mz3dc7rDnb1tomvn7o1_400.gif (352KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz3dc7rDnb1tomvn7o1_400.gif
352KB, 400x338px
Which SS should I use to use to buy a dress on mercari? I'm scared because I heard some of them don't accept to mark down the value/mark the package as gift and custom taxes in my country are absolutely crazy.
>>
File: Shelter Girl Reference.png (139KB, 367x535px) Image search: [Google]
Shelter Girl Reference.png
139KB, 367x535px
I'm lost at how to start her overshirt. The under-dress is obviously just a long sleeved salmon colored dress with a stripe across the bottom, but I have no clue how to approach the shirt for her.
>>
>>9232798
Look around for a handkerchief hem tunic pattern. You may have to exaggerate the hem more though.
>>
>>9232810
Do you think a jersey knit would work? Or should I go for something a bit thicker for it. I'm considering something similar for the dress though.
>>
>>9232798
which of the shows are you going to?
>>
>>9232829
Shows? I'm planning on wearing it to a convention.
>>
>>9232846
ah I thought you might wear it to one of the shows on the Shelter Live tour
>>
>>9232853
WAIT THERE IS A TOUR?!
>>
>>9232858
indeed there is my fellow anon, I'm hitting the SF show

https://shelterlivetour.com/
>>
File: re-glaze_rimless_full[1].jpg (46KB, 1106x540px) Image search: [Google]
re-glaze_rimless_full[1].jpg
46KB, 1106x540px
Sort of an odd question, I've heard that when cosplaying a character with glasses, you should take the lenses out to avoid glare in pictures. But I'm cosplaying a character that wears frameless glasses. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it going to be bad enough to bother me, or is there any other solution?
>>
>>9232866
Keep them angled down, or otherwise away from the direct source of light. Have them lower on your nose and look slightly above them, or look up and away from the light.
Most photographers will be able to direct you on how to avoid getting too much glare off your glasses, so the only trouble you'll run into is hall shots, and those rarely look that good anyway. And more often than not, con badges cause more glare than glasses do.
>>
I need to paint a pair of pleather boots, what would be the best way to do this without worrying about the paint peeling off
>>
>>9232798
>>9232810
>>9232825
I'm buying the fabric tomorrow, and in terms of the drape, it seems like it'd be jersey, but its a button up which makes me think of cotton... any ideas?
>>
>>9232915
Leather paint, I think the brand Joann's carries is Leather Studio?
Sorry if you're not in the states, though.
>>
>>9232798
Different cosplay, but what the fuck is the middle ruffly button thing called? It's on like two different cosplays I want to make and I can't find any tutorials or explanations because I don't know the name.
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know any bags or bag brands similar to this on taobao or ali, or really anywhere that are under $50 (price+shipping)? I wanted to buy this on taobao for $43, but with shipping it comes to $60 since the seller doesn't offer sea shipping.
>>
>>9232979
Also, does anyone have ID on banana keychain?
>>
>>9232926
No, it has more body than jersey. A lightweight cotton woven should be fine.

>>9232935

Do you mean a button placket? It's just a ruffle sewn into the button placket...
>>
>>9232935
I don't know if it has a name, but I always make faux button ups since I'm a lazy ass lmao, so I sew some ruffles to the blouse and topstitch the fake button strip on top. I am so sorry if this makes no sense haha
>>
File: image.jpg (523KB, 2668x1669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
523KB, 2668x1669px
I've been patterning out my Makise costume and the collar of her shirt is kind of confusing me. I thought that the collar around her neck with the gold button was a separate piece. I'll reply with the photo that makes me think it's actually the collar band? Is there a way to adapt this pattern so that the actual band sits up around the neck? Or should I just have the collar band sit up higher and wider and not worry about it, or just plan on making a separate collar to hold up a really long collar like I had originally planned? My neck isn't exactly the longest to begin with...
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>9233080
>>
>>9233080
>>9233082
It looks like a fancier way to do a top button. You could make a separate collar if you want, you just won't be able to unbutton it like in the second picture
>>
File: 2016-10-24 23.23.27.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-24 23.23.27.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
>>9232866
Getting lenses with a non-reflective coating cuts down on glare a ton. Pic related, left is regular lenses from some physical store, right is zenni glasses with non-reflective coating.
There's still a bit of light on them but I don't have entire computer screens reflecting from my glasses in selfies with the zenni glasses.
Can probably provide a better pic if you want more reference.
>>
I have questions concerning big calves and sock patterns in lolita.

I've been meaning to get more patterned socks/tights. However I have a dilemma, I have 17 inch calves and all the other options for patterned socks are the horizontal striped design, wouldn't horizontal make your calves bigger or what other pattern recommendations would work?

or other sites that has plus size socks options
>>
>>9233125
sockdreams
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 294x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 294x500px
>>9226761
Kind of a weird request, but does anyone have any ideas on how to hide/cover seams on a pleather garment?

I'm currently making a fitted dress for a cosplay out of white pleather, and the original design is intended to look totally seamless. Obviously that's totally impossible in real life, so I was considering ways on how to go over the seams. Would some kind of flexible sealant, applied very lightly and blended/painted if need be so the trick? Or is there another method anyone can think of?

>pic related
>>
File: Capture.png (29KB, 640x581px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29KB, 640x581px
I have a topology issue on my hand.
Specifically, how do I make toes for pawsocks?

I've tried UV-unwrapping a sock with seams in all the places that make sense to me, but still I get this mess.

The material I'm using has horizontal stretch, but no vertical stretch, so certainly it would be impossible to work those squares into toes.
I've marked out the top, bottom, and front of a toe.

Not to mention that I don't know what even a normal sock should look like as a pattern.
>>
>>9233399
Just accept that artists are not usually costumers or textile experts and they don't understand how clothing works. Add seams where you need them and don't worry about it.
>>
How do I determine how much fabric I'll need based on my measurements? I'm new to this and google isn't giving me much information that I can understand. Is there an equation I can use?
>>
>>9233738
"Buy the length."
http://www.ikatbag.com/2010/06/how-i-estimate-yardage.html
>>
>>9232798
I'm at the store right now, picked up the woven cotton in a sort of greyish white color, and I'm looking at normal cotton for the dress. Does anyone know how I should go about the stripe? Get fabric for it or maybe use fabric paint?
>>
>>9233824
You could:
>piece it (cut the bottom of the skirt into two pieces, attach light fabric to both pieces to make one garment again)
>applique or top stitch it (hide raw edges of light fabric, sew it on top of your skirt
>dye it
>bleach it
>fabric paint it
>>
>>9233844
I think I might piece it since I want it to look neat and tidy. Thanksanon!
>>
File: Untitled.png (629KB, 1029x820px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
629KB, 1029x820px
I've been trying to find a good wig for Nana Abe, but can't find anything good except Don't Sleep's which is not on their site anymore. It's probably not, but I'm planning to ask them once their customer service hours start. Could you gulls think of any other wig that would work for her if they can't restock it?
>>
>>9232798
This is the pattern I'm going with for her dress, just making the sleeves longer. Does it seem like it'd work?
>>
>>9234271
Looks good as long as you alter the sleeves and possibly the neckline.
>>
>>9232798
>>9234271
Also sorry I keep posting here about this stuff.
>>
is there a free pattern for a stiff half bonnet? I hate the floppy ones.
>>
>>9232798
Womens Sewing Pattern Tunic and Tank Top McCall's 6121
>>
There's an orange stain on my white costume; I have NO IDEA where it's from and it's in a really obvious place. I've washed it 3 times now and it's still there!!

Does anyone know anything else I can shove on it to try and get rid?! I need it for Saturday!
>>
>>9234737
Have you tried one of those Tide pens?
>>
File: US_private_atlas.jpg (51KB, 268x600px) Image search: [Google]
US_private_atlas.jpg
51KB, 268x600px
>>9226761
i was advised to bring this here.

Trying to make a union soldier uniform but I have a few hang-ups. Namely, for an infantry soldier. Should i go with the standard navy blue sack coat that was standard issue, or would I be able to get away with the shell jacket? It was issued to select units from Ohio to New York, but the decoration was different from the standard shell jacket and I cant find a picture of it anywhere.

also, out of curiosity, what other hats can I get away with using besides the standard kepi and bummer designs?
>>
>>9234968
It sounds like decisions that are you going to have to make yourself. Personally I'd go with the coat that you have more reference pictures for, it'll make creating/acquiring it easier.
>>
>>9231489
check lolibrary
>>
File: fox.png (145KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
fox.png
145KB, 408x408px
Doing a humanized version of this; what kind of jacket is this? I need to find a pattern for it, but I don't really know what to search for.
>>
I'm putting some EL Tape inside of an acrylic tube. The idea is that I'll paint the outside of the acrylic tube with some kind of clearcoat to diffuse the light inside. Anyone have any suggestions of what kind of spraypaint to diffuse the LED?
>>
>>9235387
Is it possible for you to just get white acrylic tubing? LEDs are pretty powerful, you can get the light through some pretty dense plastic.
>>
File: 10.png (789KB, 946x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
789KB, 946x1080px
bear with me, i have a couple of questions. viktor's jacket obviously seems to be some sort of chiffon, but the lighter part is sparkly and the darker pink part doesn't seem to be, yet there's a gradient between them so i'd have to dye it. is there any way of adding glittery sparkle to a fabric after the fact? i don't want to make the whole thing from sparkly fabric. and does anyone have any ideas for shoes i could wear instead of figure skates that'd keep a similar look without being totally impractical to wear at a con?
>>
Any brand recommendations for fabric paint?
>>
>>9235437

This blog had a pretty thorough breakdown of the outfit: http://19.04se.cc/2016/10/some-notes-on-yuri-on-ices-costumes/

The gradient is on the layer under the jacket and is supposed to be created with rhinestones. The jacket itself is supposed to be a shiny georgette. The designer interviews that have been running every week even include swatches.
>>
File: jacksweater.jpg (8KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
jacksweater.jpg
8KB, 200x225px
Cosplay advice needed!

I'm going to a local con as Jack Wynand/Ryan from Bioshock and I have bought a wool sweater similar to the aran sweater he wears in the game but I want to make it look stained and worn (as wearing a clean sweater whilst having a face of bruises and cuts makeup seems stupid) but I need advice on how I can do this without damaging the sweater as I actually quite like it. For example, I want fake blood stains on it but I want to be able to clean it off after, what do I do?

(picture is of near identical sweater to the one I got)
>>
>>9235533
for the 'worn' look you can literally just rub dirt on it on areas such as the sleeves and neck. or chalk pastel powder. You can find tons of recipes for fake washable blood online too. These will all wash out, but the blood might discolor such a light color sweater. Not staining a sweater that light is gonna be near impossible, in my experience
>>
>>9235540
Thank you for the advice! I think i'll look up one of the washable blood recipes and hope it doesn't discolour the sweater horribly.
>>
>>9235554
btw how are you going to do the wrist tatoos? just out of curiosity.
>>
>>9235573
I hadn't put much thought into the tattoos, I suppose I'll just use a sharpie or something.
>>
>>9226761
Are there any cute apps like Snappee for Android? I saw someone mention coord snap but wasn't sure what that was. Share all you like! Thanks!
>>
>>9235395

For the prop I'm making, it would look better if it were more transparent during the day time when it's too bright to see. A white tube wouldn't look right in daylight
>>
>>9235173
I did, the shoulder measurement isn't listed.
>>
>>9232926
im feeling a dense chiffon for this.
>>
>>9235583
I would recommend printable tattoo paper set with powder. sharpie's gonna bleed, smudge, and just generally look un-tattoolike
>>
I know that this isn't related directly to j-fash or cosplay, but I was recently tasked with planning a "lolita" christmas party for my gf and her coven of itas. So long story short, what kinds of pastries, and finger foods would you gulls recommend for maximum "~lolita lifestyle"?
>>
>>9235708
Google tea party menus. Finger sandwiches are easy to make. Maybe buy some seasonal fruit, and sweets.
If she wants it to be more theme oriented you could look up christmas party menus, specifically appetizers.

Personally I would tell her to do it herself. You're her bf not her soulless ouji accessory
>>
I found out how to use Blender to make stitching patterns, but how do I measure out a thighhigh sock?
To make things even more complicated I'm trying to make a four-toed pawsock, and the fabric has a grain.

I'm unsure of the proportions I need for the normal sock part, and I'm unsure of where the seams should go for the toes.
>>
I'm using a hot knife on synthetic fabric and the fabric keeps fraying....what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>9235773
synthetic.....
that could be any number of synthetic materials anon
>>
>>9235775
Oh, it's polyester satin, haha.
>>
>>9235753
Thanks for the push in the right direction!
And I know I should tell her to do it herself, but then it would be more of a hassle to be asked to help with everything, instead of just taking command of it all at once
>>
>>9235773
This may sound dumb but are you sure you're cutting with the hot part? I know that my hot knife is much hotter at the base than at the tip.
>>
>>9235493
anon you are a godsend thank you!
>>
>>9235708
if you really want to wow everyone (which I assume you don't since this is bullshit from your gf) figure out meringue and make macarons, but I think you really shouldn't put any effort in this. throw together some basic cinnamon rolls or something for pastries, those are kinda christmassy in my opinion. or make gingerbreads and have people decorate them themselves
>>
Never cosplayed before, can't sew/knit/... or shit but I need to make Frisk's sweater, at least the stripes. So I didn't just buy it.
>>
I'm trying to make a Quest-Giver costume for a party a few days after Halloween, How would i go about making a glowing Exclamation mark to hang over my head?

layered foam shell with a high powered LED board inside?
>>
>>9215404
Is there company that makes good lolita patterns?
All the ones in the sticky are by the same company and they are shit
>>
File: kakashi.jpg (70KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
kakashi.jpg
70KB, 900x506px
First time cosplayer... want to go as Kakashi for a con next week in Detroit. I need tips on the wig and where to buy the costume and shit. I'm going to buy everything. Need general tips as well. Thanks!
>>
>>9236584
A week generally isn't enough time to pull together a good costume.
>>
>>9236586
im gonna drop an irresponsible amount of money if that helps
>>
>>9236590
The issue is the best quality stuff is usually made to order, so a week is cutting it fine. Doesn't matter how much money you lob at it, costumes take time.
>>
>>9236590
If you're willing to drop that much money, wait for another convention and give yourself 2-3 months prep time.
>>
>>9236491
Bumping for this
>>
>>9236697
This is a slow board, stop bumping. If someone has an answer they'll tell you.
>>
>>9236697
Dude, can't even wait 3 hours for a response?
>>
>>9236491
I couldn't find specific patterns, but found this

fyeahlolita dot blogspot dot co dot uk

Then click on lolita tutorials

(Wouldn't let me post the link and I rarely comment on here so s'cuse me if I did that wrong)
>>
Any recommendations for what I should use to draw green hiragana on a black multi directional stretch poly? I'm afraid old fashioned fabric paint will be too globby and paint pens wouldn't be bright enough on dark material... specific brand names would be highly appreciated
>>
>>9228913
Thanks!
I was hoping for sleeves that don't cost an arm and a leg though...
>>
Uh I'm kinda new here sorry. I got told to go to either crossplay or here but I felt crossplay was more in my style but I'm just going to link my post there just in case.

>>9237231
>>
So how in the hell do you use Plasti-dip on craft/eva foam without it bubbling like crazy?
I've tried multiple really thin coats like spray paint and it didn't help. Is the spray just useless for this? Like I get it's not going to be super smooth, but still.
>>
>>9237233
stop tripfagging your newness is showing hard

crossplay thread is a better bet people actually know what they're talking about there. no actual pictures means no actual good advice though, and your weird photoshopped shit is not making any sense to me
>>
For my first cosplay I'm doing Harley Quinn. The clpthes aren't a problem but I have trouble with the face! I have cake makeup plus powder and it keeps looking/feeling kinda crusty, like dried mud but it keeps being wet enough that I can't properly apply eyeshadow on top of it.
Also I glued the mask to my cheeks + forehead with facial glue but whenever I smile etc. it unsticks.
How do I do it right?/What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>9237423
Forgot to say; I made my mask out of worbla.
>>
>>9237423
What brand of cake manke-up and what do you mean by "facial glue"?
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 368x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 368x420px
I would like to make a suit of Maximilian style armor like in the picture shown. Now, I have my measurements and have drawn the templates, but I am unsure on how to achieve the curved surfaces.
I've looked, and craft foam was viable, but the only kind I've found was too thin and small.
So, I'm going to use cardboard, but I don't know how to make surfaces rounded.
Can anyone give me ideas?
>>
>>9237547
EVA foam definitely comes in different thickness. You don't want to use cardboard.

Google your question. There are lots of armor tutorials in a variety of materials.
>>
Not sure if I can post this here, but I need some coording tips for this dress. It's Angelic Pretty's Silky Lady JSK in Sax (more like a dusty blue).
Where can I find lolita shoes in this colour?? Pic related is what it looks like.
>>
>>9237750
Check out the coord help thread, you may find better help there.
>>
I probably will have to dye a wig here soon. What is usually the best method to do it? The color I'm trying to achieve is a very deep almost red auburn color. I think I'll be using Arda's Nina in copper brown as my base.
Almost every wig I've found that's available is either too red or too maroon. Rit dye looks like a pretty good method. What do you guys think?
And is it better to spray the color on or to submerge it just for a little bit?
>>
Could someone direct me to a good EVA foam prop making guide?
>>
File: Dissidia-19.jpg (146KB, 980x550px) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia-19.jpg
146KB, 980x550px
Hey guys, anyone have any idea to what kind of wig I could buy to make this cut? I'm not super good at styling, but cutting shouldn't be a problem. I'm not too fond of Arda's wigs because I feel they are too thick. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>9238091
Evil Ted.
>>
>>9238267
pls post pics when finished, I want this.
>>
>>9237252
Have you tried going over the foam with a heat gun before hand? I always do and have never had any problems with plasti-dip spray
>>
>>9237434
You should probably remake the mask with more flexible material. Worbla is just too firm, it keeps unsticking because it doesn't move with your face.

>>9238267
You should buy a shoulder length wig and just cut the back short. Keep in mind that some long wigs look really bad when trimmed short(not enough wefts so the wig cap becomes exposed), so when cutting it, keep the excess hair so you can make extra wefts out of it if you need to.
Sorry for the potato english.
>>
>>9237932
The spray method is better if you're using Sharpies. If you have RIT dye, you might as well do the submerging method. The spray/Sharpie method is better for tinting wigs though, which is generally what you're doing.
Anyway, you should be fine but if you can, test it beforehand. Also use a stick for stirring, not a spoon.
>>
File: 230px-ChrisRedfieldRE5.jpg (897KB, 1447x3964px) Image search: [Google]
230px-ChrisRedfieldRE5.jpg
897KB, 1447x3964px
I'm hoping to cosplay as Chris Redfield the next time I go to a comic con, but I have no idea where to get the top he's wearing, and I'm not even sure what type of top it is, considering it looks like a compression top or t-shirt, but it has a zip on it.

I can sew the patches on afterwards, but does anyone know where I can get one like it?
>>
Oh saint seagulls, hear my pleas, for I cannot for the life of me get the paint on these skate to remain intact.
For the record, I made sure each layer of paint was dry before I applied another coat.
The first time I painted these, it was purely acrylic paints. I had enough layers to make Shrek blush.
The second time, I put a couple of matte spraypaint layers on it before applying acrylic.
Both times I had them out, I'd put them in their own separate plastic bags isolated in the backseat.
Once I got to the con-- Peelings. Everywhere.
>>
>>9233011
>A lightweight cotton woven should be fine.
I've been trying to pattern this since buying it and cotton does not drape the way it should for this. The con is in like 3 days and I am pissed.
>>
My left boob hurts for a week after wearing a binder too long. I had no chance to take it off. This is the second time it happened. I'm really worried this is doing damage. Should I bin the binder and get an expensive one? I have A cups so you wouldn't think I'd need an expensive one.
>>
>>9239841
Are you using a primer at all? I would recommend for the hard plastic, sand it lightly with a fine grit and then do a layer of spray primer vefire you paint.
For the cloth parts, you can get a medium to mix into the acrylic to make it adhere to fabric better.
>>
Pretty much absolute beginner at sewing here. I was looking up some patterns but the sizing seems really weird to me? Pic related is their size chart but according to this I'm a size 12? And I definitely don't wear a size 12. I looked up other charts and they also showed wildly different results.
>>
>>9240392
Ignore sizings, work using measurements alone. I'm guessing you're not a guy since you even bothered looking at the sizing, but that goes double if you are.

Get some good measurements of yourself, look it up/get help if you're not sure what's measured exactly where. And always always ALWAYS make mockups with cheap fabric/muslin first if you're unsure about sizing. Start big and go smaller if you need to, because you can always trim a pattern smaller but you can't (easily) add back on the outline for a larger size.
>>
>>9240407
I'm a girl, yes. And I do know my own measurements. Should I use the measurements listed in the size chart or the ones they have listed for the dress itself? I know I should be ~4 cm under the actual garment measurements but when I calculate that it's still different from what this chart says. Pic are garment measurements. If it helps, my measurements are 88-69-100.
>>
>>9240414
I've always used the size chart, but I'm a dude so fitting things is generally a matter of getting in the vaguely correct ballpark and then just winging it since 99% of patterns are for women. So not a very good resource on how accurate things actually fit compared to the listed measurements, sorry.
>>
Just wondering - What happens if you conduct a sale through lacemarket, send out the item and it never arrives, only to find out the buyer didn't update their PayPal address to their current one.
Who is liable here/What to do?
>>
>>9240512
Buyer's fault
See if they can contact the current resident, but it's a really tricky situation and there's no guarantee the buyer's going to get their stuff
>>
Is $300-$350 an average price for a custom-made, full bodysuit? I don't mind paying that much but I want to make sure that's reasonable first.
>>
>>9240542
Depends on how detailed it is
>>
>>9240552
It's pretty detailed. There's one on Etsy that I can get custom made for cheaper and people have given the seller great reviews but I'm iffy about it.
>>
>>9239781
Bump
>>
does anyone know where this skirt is from? i've been looking for weeks!

i've been assuming that the bottom frill is not from a petticoat and actually from the skirt lining? pls halp gulls x
>>
Does anyone know sites for beginner sewers? Every one I've found is either "this is how the machine works, so do this" or the beginner stuff isn't explained well.
>>
>>9241487
well what do you want to learn? hand sewing or how to use a machine? patterning/drafting yourself? how to use a bought pattern?
>>
>>9237480
The brand of my makeup is Mehron clown white, and with glue I mean mastix.
>>
>>9241768
You don't have cake make-up. Clown white is creme make-up or "grease paint". Grease paint is always going to kind of feel like that on your face. The plus side is that it gives very good coverage. Setting powder should help with the tackiness, but I'm not a fan of grease paint for that reason. That may also be the reason that your glue isn't working, because the glue is on top of the paint that's still tacky. Personally I like water activated cake paints, but there isn't anything wrong with your paint. If you don't like the way it feels, look into Mehron's Paradise line or Wolfe FX or Kryolan's Aquacolor line.
>>
apologies if this isn't the place to ask, but could anyone direct me to a cosplayer who takes commissions? i'm looking to commission a frilly lacy decent quality patchy cosplay (touhou) and an aristo/ouji inspired henry cosplay (fire emblem). i'll credit the maker in every photo/post since i find it really shady and dishonest when people don't flat out admit who made it right away, especially after being complimented on "their" work
also willing to pay extra for luxe fabric options so i can wear it many times, and could send you complimentary baked goods of your choice as a thank you gift if desired
>>
So a prop I spray painted is still sticky to the touch two days after. I realize this is due to me doing the coats too fast and not allowing enough time to dry in between, and I'll be more patient in the future. But is there anything I can do for this prop short of scrapping the whole thing and starting over?
>>
Any detailed video tutorials and materials list for pic related?

I was cursed with DFC with a taste for oppai
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
So I know this has probably been asked before but I am looking for a strong light weight board for a weapon prop. There is going to be movement and some where and tear but I think making it out of wood is going to be to heavy. I am not going to to be fighting with it and I know some cons frown on pure wood weapons due to weight. I need something semi light weight but strong enough to put hardware into it to make it move.

It is something inspired by the scythe to the right so I need it to be able to be thin and wide if possible.
>>
File: popkid.jpg (88KB, 540x535px) Image search: [Google]
popkid.jpg
88KB, 540x535px
How would I even go about making something like this? Print out the images real big at Stinko's and mount them on cardboard?
>>
File: 42687-yoko_sensei.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
42687-yoko_sensei.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
General question, if I cosplay Yoko's teacher outfit, do you guys think anyone will recognize it? I'm late to the party on this one, and I know it's one of her less iconic outfits, but I just watched Gurren Lagann for the first time, I love Yoko, and this outfit is within my comfort zone for both sewing and wearing.

Plus, bonus points for a cosplay where I don't have to constantly remember to take my glasses off for photos.

But I recognize it's an older show. A large reason why I cosplay is to find other fans to chat with, so if this outfit is going to be very low recognition I might want to find a different character to cosplay.
>>
>>9242282
>A large reason why I cosplay is to find other fans to chat with, so if this outfit is going to be very low recognition I might want to find a different character to cosplay.
>I cosplay is to find other fans to chat with, so if this outfit is going to be very low recognition I might want to find a different character to cosplay.
>I cosplay is to find other fans to chat with

A real fan will recognize it and be that much more excited to talk with you about it

How dedicated and true of a fan do you want?

Otherwise go with the Yoko that even people who never watched TTGL will recognize
>>
>>9242282
I think you're underestimating just how big of a splash TTGL made in its day. Of course people will recognise you, unless they only know the show from figurines and merch (and even then, Yoko-sensei got a fair few figures).
>>
>>9242262
Yes. Or you can print them out at block posters dot com.
>>
>>9241493
Machine, patterning, bought patterns. Most of the tutorials use stuff that most people already know that it's difficult for me to find tutorials for that explain it simply
>>
File: qY0gOXO.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qY0gOXO.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
wondering what material i should use to make the head crystals? preferably hollow so i can put lights in them
>>
File: tits.jpg (137KB, 564x1366px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
137KB, 564x1366px
>>9242112
I think this pic is by the cosplayer who did the lower left ones. It's not a video but you get the idea
>>
>>9241794
Thanks! I do have powders. I used a transparant one and it the paint immediately became transparent too (because of sweat I'm guessing)so next time I'm using the white one because it said on the bottle that it's against sweating (not sure what that's called in English).
I have tried a waterbased paint but it got pretty streaky but maybe I'll dig it up again.
>>9239294
Would EVA-foam work?
>>
File: 20161102_121004.jpg (569KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161102_121004.jpg
569KB, 1920x1080px
I hope this is the right thread to ask for styling advice. Pic related is me and my current hairstyle. I'm don't really wear jfashion but i adore japanese hairstyles, however I keep being unsatisfied with every new style i try on.

Any recommendations/suggestions ? I love having bangs but everytime i get a cut, after a few days it parts awkwardly and i get an even split showing my forehead in an unflattering way.

Sorry about the somewhat naive questions, haha
>>
>>9242428
Fuck, i have no idea why the pic flipped
>>
>>9239841

What an anon already mentioned. Sand slightly, then prime.

Also this is an item which will be under a lot of wear. So it would be wise to maybe ask for some abrasion resistant paints or coatings.
>>
>>9230918

Or sculpt and silicone.
>>
>>9242428
there is a hair thread, go there

alternatively just ask /fa/ we don't really do styling here
>>
File: 2f374ed7980e.png (291KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
2f374ed7980e.png
291KB, 500x659px
I need a LONG calf length lab coat for my Dr. Stein cosplay. I'm about 6' and most lab coats come to the knees.
Also, what boots should I use that are clunky like his are?
>>
File: 2-mask_1.jpg (65KB, 400x334px) Image search: [Google]
2-mask_1.jpg
65KB, 400x334px
So I want to make a Roadhog mask, but I've never done a mask of any kind ever, and I'm not sure what method would be best to make it
The two things I've thought of that doesn't seem entirely horrible is a) making a base with aluminium foil or something, covering it with paper mache, and then maybe covering it with some sort of latex paste or something, adding things like lenses and respirators afterwards
or b) make some sort of base shape and cover it with foam or worbla and heatgun it to the right shape
I'd love to hear some opinions and feedback, possibly ideas that might work better, or just general things to keep in mind when creating masks
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9242817
I'd get a gasmask and modify it. Use it as a base, basically.

>>9242492
You might as well just make it. It shouldn't be too hard.
>>
Building a giant body frame for a Reinhardt cosplay.

Any advice on materials and design for the internal frame's joints?
>>
I have two potential wigs for a cosplay coming up in three weeks:

One is an Arda, but possibly defective? The fibers are TERRIBLE, I can't even get a comb through them without creating more tangles. I've spent hours combing through the bottom half, trying to tame it only to end up right back where I started. There's TONS of visible wefting at the top that I could potentially cover with some strategic styling. Pros: wig is thick, nice color

Second is a ten dollar ebay wig. Really thin but the fibers seem a lot nicer. A few visible wefts on the top due to thinness, but less obvious than the Arda. Could potentially get a second wig and harvest it for wefts. First one came in two days. Color not quite as accurate.

Which would you choose/rather see on a cosplayer?
>>
>>9242878
I'd get a wig detangling spray for the Arda wig. Assuming it's a long straight wig? Arda's notoriously bad with those, I'm not sure if they've gotten better.
>>
File: Snapchat-1734786544275992036.jpg (229KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1734786544275992036.jpg
229KB, 1080x1776px
Yo, ive never cosplayed before if couldnt tell from the pic. Is there any simple things i can do for the ichimatsu cosplay?
>>
>>9242927
Ichi's pretty easy mode. When you do makeup, give yourself some nasty eyebags.
Cat ears/paws are a plus.
>>
File: tumblr_o0ufwiHxBt1qe8z9do1_500.png (243KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0ufwiHxBt1qe8z9do1_500.png
243KB, 500x331px
>>9242929
Would L style makeup work for that? Also I don't know how I would do it without having "diabeetus eyes" like pic related
>>
>>9242937
Yeah, L makeup would be fine.
I think the eyes you posted look weird because they're more focused around the lower lid, whereas circles are much lower.
>>
>>9242882
It is a long straight wig!! I've never heard anything about those being terrible before. I'll try the wig conditioner! Any recommendations?
>>
>>9242882
Oh good, it's not just me then. I have their Venus and I did cut a lot of the length but it's still fairly long. I've had it for about a year now and it still looks nice but tangles like crazy and the fibers are definitely getting bad. At first I thought maybe I did something wrong even though I own plenty of wigs.

Does anyone know if that's just a problem with their regular style wigs? I'm ordering a long curly wig from their silky collection for a new cosplay and I'm kinda worried about it getting really tangled.
>>
>>9242947
Mane N Tail Detangler is pretty good. It is a horse conditioner but a lot of people use it on wigs, I believe Sally's sells it.

>>9242952
I've heard Silkys are actually worse when it comes to tangles, even though those are the ones for daily wear.
Curly wigs are a little different with tangling regardless, though. You don't really want to brush it like you would a straight wig.
>>
How feasible is it to dye a felt hat into this?
>>
>>9242977
What is the felt made of? Wool? Acrylic?
>>
File: tumblr_nbhcibtMMJ1t35kwso2_1280.jpg (246KB, 640x901px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbhcibtMMJ1t35kwso2_1280.jpg
246KB, 640x901px
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the scalloped edge on pic related? I was considering buying and dyeing lace, but would rather sew it myself to make it as accurate as possible. Besides laser cutting, what do seagulls recommend? Thanks!
>>
>>9243011
facebook LaserGuidedCommissions
This cuts the whole process out, you might even be able to get them to use grey fabric.

If you really want to do it yourself, I believe a hot knife is an alternative?
You can also embroider the lace pattern onto your fabric and cut away the excess, getting as close to the embroidery as possible.

Props for doing Ghost Maki.
>>
File: D'Vorah_renderr.png (911KB, 1060x996px) Image search: [Google]
D'Vorah_renderr.png
911KB, 1060x996px
Does anyone have experience applying liquid latex on craft foam to add texture? I'm cosplaying pic related and I wanna get that gross skin texture . I'm just unsure if liquid latex is the way to go because I worry it might just peel right off the foam.
>>
File: 1146_photo1_large.jpg (71KB, 279x420px) Image search: [Google]
1146_photo1_large.jpg
71KB, 279x420px
>>9239294
>>9238531
Thinking of picking up this wig. Think that looks alright?

http://www.assistcosplay.com/detail/001146.html

Also slight notice, I am not cosplay Y'shtola, but my own Miqo'te avatar (she has her hair). Trying to figure out a gear set at the moment.
>>
>>9243078
If you seal the foam beforehand (3-4 coats), it should stick. Do a test scrap beforehand if you can.
>>
What fabrics are usually used in gothic lolita dresses and stuff?
>>
How to order custom measurements from F+F without fucking it up?

Do you give both cm and inches? I heard that it only confuses them if you do, but that was from years ago.
>>
>>9242837
>You might as well just make it. It shouldn't be too hard.

I don't sew, I'm not able to make shoes.
>>
>>9243406
I didn't mean the shoes, I meant the coat.
As you said, most lab coats are knee-length, so it's either sew or get someone else to do it.

You can commission it, then. It's simple enough that you shouldn't need a major expensive specialist, at least.
>>
>>9242291
>>9242297
Thanks for the replies!
I knew TTGL was big, but I guess I didn't really know the scope of it. When it was airing I was still a Big-3-Shonen anime newbie. I have exactly 0 desire to cosplay bikini Yoko, so I'll go ahead and work on this one!
>>
>>9242956
Really? Well, I guess I'll stick to the regular version. I know curly wigs are a bitch to upkeep but I have no other choice.
>>
what's the best type of glue to use for rhinestones to fabric? i read that e6000 is good but i wanted second opinions before i go and buy a load.
>>
>>9242837
>I'd get a gasmask and modify it. Use it as a base, basically
Modify it with what? Clay? What kind of clay? Fake leather?
I have no experience with these kinda things, I don't really know where to start
>>
how do I prevent long wigs like for a Stocking, Miku, etc from getting nasty and tangled?
>>
>>9243514
Fake leather, stuff the nose.
Or make it out of paper-mache or something.

You could try it with a light clay, like modeling magic

>>9243882
Put them in a big loose braid in storage.
Otherwise at cons, just carry a comb and wig detangler with you. Stop occasionally to comb it.
>>
File: suddenly mail.gif (3MB, 204x360px) Image search: [Google]
suddenly mail.gif
3MB, 204x360px
Is E-packet actually cheaper than EMS?
I chose e-packet as I assumed it'd be cheaper with the recent price hikes and being a smaller size/weight limit. Turns out it was damn fast too, the tracking hasn't even had a chance to update and it arrived this morning.
>>
How is my-lolita-dress.com?
I feel like the magic tea party packs they have now is a decent price but I'm a newbie and want it to be worth.
>>
>>9244432
They're a taobao reseller so you could potentially find their stuff cheaper at the source, but they're generally trustworthy.
>>
File: 20161104_183546.jpg (830KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20161104_183546.jpg
830KB, 2896x2896px
>>9242416
Update: I tried Mehron paradise in white and I got the same bad results. I tried Clown white again and made pictures. I hope this makes it clear wat the problem is. Also please excuse my also terrible lipstick skills.
>>
>>9244671
Did you moisturize your face first? Another thing to try that I have found helps is to use Milk of Magnesia on my face as a primer to smooth things out.
>>
>>9244671
I'm assuming that clown white is left and paradise is right? That's about what I'd expect it to look like. You can get primers and finishing sprays to change the texture alittle bit but you're never going to look like the cartoon without photoshop.
>>
>>9244671
Ay bb u look qt, r u single?
>>
Bias tape question. How do you miter really sharp corners that are less than 90 degrees? I'm applying this around a shirt collar that has some very pointed edges on the end. Visual tutorials would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>9244671
Nice stache
>>
>>9245424
pretty much everyone has some hair around their mouths unless they shave it off
>>
>>9245424
Facial hair is pretty damn common and normal, anon. Guessing you're pre-pubescent if you didn't know that.
>>
>>9245429
>>9245478
calm down tumblr
I gave a compliment, nothing more
No need to get all insecure about some hairs on your upper lips
>>
I'm trying to turn a pattern for a hip length jacket into a knee length one. I was wondering if I can lengthen the pattern from bottom or if I have to do the slash and spread thing
>>
>>9245833
You want to cut it slightly further up and add it there, unless you want more volume in the bottom of it.
>>
>>9245841
I want a bit more volume in the bottom or it's gonna look weird
>>
>>9245519
"Compliment" - you were being a dick.
>>
>>9245843
You should be fine adding it to the bottom them, but be careful with how much you add to the sides or you're gonna make it too full. I'd recommend making a mock up first as well
>>
File: armband closure.png (2KB, 415x219px) Image search: [Google]
armband closure.png
2KB, 415x219px
Hey /cgl/. Ive made some wristlets and armbands for a cosplay out of some basic rectangles of foam. I've gotten to the point that they're mostly finished now and I need a way for them to close to they can wrap around my arm and stay there. I tried gluing velcro onto the underside like pic related, but it doesn't seem to be adhering. I used contact cement for this. Is there any better way I can go about making a closure? Right now I feel like the velcro will just pop off as Im walking around.
>>
>>9245853
Planning on it, Thanks! I don't know why this confused me so much
>>
>>9228129
b4by.jpg ?
>>
I've got quite a bit of scrap eva foam (floor mat, so it's pretty thick) leftover from Halloween. What small projects could I do to use some of it up?
>>
>>9246004
Either practice something on it or save it for later--when you're working on a new technique with foam it's good to practice on scraps before trying it on your main piece to make sure you dont ruin anything.
>>
>>9245966
NP, sometimes you just need someone to confirm what you already knew.
>>
File: nod really.png (14KB, 801x577px) Image search: [Google]
nod really.png
14KB, 801x577px
>>9245852
>>
Anyone have any experience with trading online? I'm interested in trading a lolita dress I have for a smaller size, and I've never traded online before.
>>
>>9246216
Agree on a price (say, $50) that both of you pay the other via Paypal. It gives you a bit of insurance for the packages, and technically neither of you are actually losing money.
>>
File: large.jpg (30KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
30KB, 400x533px
I'm finally getting a job where I will be able to invest appropriately in a daily fashion that isn't just gamer tee's and jeans with some Sperry's. When I was in High School I was really into Sex Pot Revenge (and still own most of my pieces from that), but I don't really fit the j-punk scene anymore... I'd like to get into a J-Fashion but I'm just not sure what. I'm a guy btw, and even though I occasionally do Ouji/Lolita, I don't think it is something I could safely wear to my work (even though there is no dress code there). Thoughts or ideas? Maybe even a list of current fashion style trends I can browse through?
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 1024x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 1024x381px
Anyone have any suggestions for Blake's black top? Should I make all the strap on her too separate pieces or should I make it all as one piece?
>>
>>9226761
>>9245169 (OP)

Any help?
>>
>>9247025
all one peice would be rather difficult anon. and if you didn't do it perfectly the first time you would have to do it again from the beginning.
>>
Building a costume for a friend, but I was wondering what are some nice shortcuts for glowy effects?

I am making some props for an American-skin Mccree for a friend, and while the actual shaping and painting is fine I am trying to find a good solution for the orange-yellow glowy bits which are on the chest, gun and (though its not seen in this picture) arm as well.

The areas are too small and spread out to use LEDS.

I bought some orange glow in the dark paint, but the shit just 'glows' a faint white, not anything like the orange color it is in daytime. So that's right out.

I was thinking that I might be able to use an orange or yellow foil in those areas, so they stand out and at least reflect light well to appear to glow in photos, but I haven't been able to find a good material for that either.

Are there any good materials, paints or other solutions for this effect? Or am I just going to have to use some normal yellow and orange paint and call it a day?
>>
File: mccree american.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mccree american.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>9248012

Forgot my picture.
>>
I'm thinking of starting work on my next cosplay and I'm hoping to make one of Anthy Himemiya's big red ballgown, but I'm really stumped on what fabric I should use for the red parts...I'll need a lot of it so it'll be costly either way, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
>>
>>9248012
fluorescent safety tape? sometimes called 'reflective' tape instead
>>
>>9248189
Use something quality, not cheap cotton or shiny satin. Joanns has a collection called the 'Casa collection' that has some nice options. I'm not 100% sure they have what you'd need in red, but look around the gown/bridal fabric at joanns. It's going to cost you but have your coupons ready and know the coupon policies. You can easily take the cost from, say, $50 to $30 or less if you play your cards right.
>>
>>9239935
Breast binding is NEVER safe. It can't be done without injury. Throw the thing in the bin.
>>
File: surejan.jpg (45KB, 450x236px) Image search: [Google]
surejan.jpg
45KB, 450x236px
>>9239935
Sounds like yours is too small. Might want to splurge on a larger binder.

>>9248395
Pic related.
>>
>>9239935
A nice quality binder is not too expensive. Try one from Underworks or gc2b, they both offer good options around 30-40 USD which should last you for a while, especially if you only wear it for cosplay.
>>
'Sup gulls, hoping you can help me find an item I've been looking for. I had a link to one but then I lost it, and now I feel super dumb. I'm doing a bit of a joke cosplay with a group of friends and i need a fake muscles suit. Seeing as it's a joke cosplay, it really doesn't need to be great quality - in fact if it's bad, it's better. But the thing is, I want something that has legs on it too. I had hoped to find something in a Halloween store but i was SOL.

Alternatively, I could just get a zentai and paint it, I'm confident in my art skills, but I'd rather have a suit with actual muscles on it. Or, if there's an easy / relatively cheap way to make your own, I could also do that.

TL;DR 5'6" 105lb girl cosplaying buff man for funsies, need help.
>>
>>9248551
Ahh I forgot to include - it needs to be skintone. If there's an option that I could put UNDER a zentai, I'll also do that.
>>
>>9248189
>>9248392
Seconding casa satin, i've used it for both sailor scout skirts and various medukas and it looks great. If not you want some sort of satin duchesse.
>>
File: galaxxxy.jpg (79KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
galaxxxy.jpg
79KB, 400x600px
What other shops are out there that have stuff similar to galaxxxy rocks?

omocat
galaxxxy

what else is there?
>>
>>9238267
I never buy arda as I live in Europe and coscraft gives me good quality without expensive shipping, but I would actually get a thick wig. She has some poof around the twintails in the frond and then she also has pieces of hair styled over that and fluffed spiky hair in the back.. won't look good with a thin wig becaue the wig should be short but when you make your wig fluff like that, you'll be able to see the wigcap otherwise.. Thick wigs are great for good styling. Thin wigs are for straight boring haircuts .
>>
I am working on this really exciting project but I don't know how to make the jacket do that gravity defying thing. I am doubting to use iron wire as it will be really hard to keep it in shape and keep it neat and straight.
Any tips? Links to tutorials are also welcome.
Gravity defying fabric didn't give me many results and I don't know how to call this otherwise.
>>
File: b20997_1.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b20997_1.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
Does anyone know where to get a traditional nurse cap like pic related? Everywhere that ships overseas seems to be sold out or crap.
>>
>>9249159
Try Millinery fabrics/materials. They hold structure much better than interfacing, and there's some really cool ones you can get that are shapeable like Worbla. I think one called Fosshape might be really good for what you want here.
>>
what would be the best fabrics to make a gakuran type uniform with?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 647x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 647x601px
Is Anime Midwest worth going to? It's 7 hours away from where I live, and I've heard mixed reviews about it.
>>
>>9249770
something mid- to heavyweight, like twill or garbardine
>>
File: 1478723033215.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478723033215.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
hi there, new to cosplay, building a suit using metal plating. my plan is to segment the metal plates in an underlayer similarly to pic related, with a cloth overlayer being used to sew the individual plates together, but id like the plates to be much more compact. my problem is, since they'd be metal plates theyre rigid, would there be any way to retain mobility and flexibility in spite of the proximity of the plates
>>
File: 1478723143492.gif (2MB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1478723143492.gif
2MB, 500x246px
>>9250466
since theyre segmented they should, theoretically, be able to shift and move like the winter soldiers arm, pic related, BUT then i would have to have extra cloth in between the plates when i sew them together so that they could have room to pull and move, because the if the cloth were taught when i sew the plates together there'd be no way they could move, right? i was wondering really if there would be any way other than that to get them together and make it work. some sort of overlapping system could work, but id like to avoid going super bulky, especially if i include layers other than the single metal layer. thanks for any help anyone could provide
>>
I've been wearing my whole life normie stuff, jeans and sweatshirts. I recently found out about jfash and more, I really wanna try to wear new kind of clothes and jfash is awesome imo. Sadly I'm a guy and almost everything in /cgl/ is about jfash for woman and it's kinda dissapointing.
I'd like to try out crossdressing, like I love seifukus, but it's just kinda fantasy. And I wouldn't wear it out. So I'm kinda lost right now.
Someone could give me some advice about what can I do? I'm fine with almost everything
>>
>>9245169

Can anyone help me out with making a mask of Jackie Chan's face from the Animated Adventures?

Looking for a face (minus eyeholes) like pic related.
>>
>>9251628
bumparoo
>>
>>9250466
>>9250469
If you're looking to do armor for cosplay, check out the book Foamsmith. It will tell you how to do this using something lighter than metal plates.
>>
>>9252440
thanks
>>
File: 1477539451104m.jpg (110KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477539451104m.jpg
110KB, 680x1024px
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but fuck it
How would I go about styling my hair like pic related? I'm doing a Guts cosplay, and surprisingly enough they hair has been the hardest part so far. I need something more specific than "just a spikey hair style" because that's what I'm trying and it keeps fucking up.
>>
File: kira.png (431KB, 416x703px) Image search: [Google]
kira.png
431KB, 416x703px
I went to /fa/ they told me to come here what kinda suit is this I've looked at 3 button suits but they dont seem to match the picture it appears to be a long version of Slim Fit Casual suit
>>
>>9254554
looks like a double breasted 3 button with shoulder pads
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.