[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mix-it-up : J-Fashion Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: MixitUp.jpg (472KB, 1456x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MixitUp.jpg
472KB, 1456x1600px
I've noticed over time the tendency for people to want to customize the look of fashion staples to make them more personal or to put a an unexpected "twist" in there to catch people by surprise.

With designer handbags, woman often like to take silk scarves and weave them around the handles or to loop through a ring on the hardware to make a bow.

But is this something that exists in J-fashion? Or is J-fashion somehow not receptive to this kind of thing?

Like, I started to wonder if I should pair different detachable waist ties with different dresses to create contrast, or pair an otherwise Otome style outfit with a Chanel tweed jacket.
>>
>>9222695
I don't see why you shouldn't if you want to. I know vintage Chanel is extremely popular in Japan right now, and a Chanel jacket would probably look great with an otome coord. As for mixing waist ties I think that would depend on the dresses and prints in question but could potentially be pretty cool looking.
>>
>>9222696
I was thinking of pairing solid-color waist times with a print dress or vice versa. I'd make sure they would color match, but I've never seen Lolita dresses with multiple waist tie options before, or other people switching them out.
>>
>>9222699
That sounds really dumb
>>
>>9222701
Why? Not trying to defend the idea, just want to know why you think it's dumb.
>>
>>9222701
no it doesn't? if they pick up a color in the print it sounds like it could look fine. obviously it's dependent on the style, how over whelming it is, what color is being brought out, etc but it doesn't inherently sound bad.

>mfw so many lolita don't have taste, they just know how to copy what they've seen
>>
>>9222695
I'm really into himekaji/casual cute j-fash and I feel like bows and lace and cute buttons and collars are sometimes what separates a piece from western fashion. I'm not creative but if I were I think adding these details would help.
>>
File: 1372630747628142.jpg (84KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1372630747628142.jpg
84KB, 500x700px
>>9222695
OP's pic makes me think of that etsy housewife gone wild. It's not a good look.
>>
>>9222713
>encrust it

I feel like encrust is the perfect word here. She wants it to evoke an image of ornate jewelry but instead it's just crusty
>>
>>9222699
I think that would be pretty cute, actually. I've always been fond of pairing print tights with solid main pieces, as a way of spicing up an otherwise boring coord.
>>
>>9222713
>"Fashion by Klepto Ferret"
>Proud Ferret: I call this one "Shiny"
>>
File: img-thing (7).jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing (7).jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>9222719
All of her shit is like this. Fucking barbecue skewer spikes.
>>
File: ps.-i-made-this.jpg (87KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
ps.-i-made-this.jpg
87KB, 400x560px
>>9222840
>>
>>9222713
>>9222840
>>9222842
Oh jesus christ, not her again

I remember there was a big thread back in the day of shitty DIY, and people just went through her archives and posted the most ridiculous shit she did
>>
>>9222699
I've done that on an ETC dress that didn't have waist ties/ anything to visually break up the waist line even though it was fitted. I used a vintage peach silk ribbon matching colours in the print. I think that sort of colour popping suits otome.
>>
>>9222840
The worse part is none of these things are built to last... A week even. Like this poor coat; the spikes are going to start falling off after the fist day and then what kind of ultra-mess are you left with?
>>
>>9222962
That sounds really lovely! I love the colors typical for Otome as well; Lolita suits my body but a lot of the color ways feel stark or over-dramatic.

>>9222721
This would also be a great way to make the waist ties "fit in" more by getting the leg wear to match them. I notice with Lolita that layering-in matching accessories to the one "odd man out" element makes it come together pretty well.

>>9222710
Definitely does set it apart. I notice with Western stuff it's hard for designers to do subtle cute details, where as that's a good proportion of J-fashion. Collecting detachable bows with more then one way to fasten it to a garment always end up being extremely useful.
>>
I feel like this is a pretty big part of larme, and that's why I like it. A lot of high street stuff is 'larmeable' or a lot of normie outfits could be larme, they just need the extra accessories/attention to detail to make them pop.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.