[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 28

File: 1470614440834.gif (244KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470614440834.gif
244KB, 300x300px
What do you do when you're too old for lolita or kawaii? How do you transition without losing your kawaiiness or falling into depression?
>>
You don't. You kill yourself at your peak and have an open casket funeral decked out in your finest so people remember you as flawless and kawaii.
>>
Try to transition to something more elegant. Elegant is good with any age and you can be cute without running around in pastel puke outfits.

Or you could just not give a shit about opinions and wear your jfash with pride.
>>
Would anyone make an number age for when to go sweet to classic? I feel 25 is appropriate but I don't know what others think.
>>
File: 1474658492205.png (182KB, 648x498px) Image search: [Google]
1474658492205.png
182KB, 648x498px
Depends on how you age. Some girls can go up to 40 and still sport stuff as if they're 20 with proper skin care and good genes.

I don't think there's a set age really; just when you naturally look more mature and womanly instead of young and girly. In other words, when you start looking like a Bodyline model, it's probably time to switch.
>>
It really depends on your looks and your style. I don't think there is any set age. I've seen plenty of pretty middle aged lolitas walking around Tokyo. The only style that doesn't really work when you're not super young is OTT, I think. Also I think menhara and other niche shit aimed at Japanese middle schoolers is not for anybody.
>>
You understand you are getting older. You realize that you likely have anywhere from 40-60 more years to live your life to the fullest so stop thinking you are 'old' otherwise you'll be a miserable old crone once you are 65.

And now you do things such as switch your shimmers to mattes and avoid wearing clothing that might label you a cougar.

Instead of mid-thigh pleated skirts, you might want to look at some that hit above the knee and keyhole sweaters might be a tad bit inappropriate.

Otherwise, keep doing what you do.
>>
File: themfingqueen.jpg (58KB, 564x792px) Image search: [Google]
themfingqueen.jpg
58KB, 564x792px
And the Queen of England rocks every color all over.

Be like the Queen of England.
>>
File: tumblr_muxhfr8BZC1ql6fc4o1_500.gif (614KB, 440x237px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muxhfr8BZC1ql6fc4o1_500.gif
614KB, 440x237px
>>9219739
You're never "too old" for kawaii or lolita.
People who say that don't truly love the fashion or are (mostly) insecure because of the importance of youth and the pressure of looking "beautiful" and "young" at all times.
I always found it ridiculous how many gulls here are terrified of aging or having the slightest wrinkle/flaw and think that after a certain age you should stop everything or kill yourself in frills because you'll no longer be "beautiful" after that.
People find you silly at 18 for wearing such things they will still find you silly at 30,40,50,... Who cares? As long as you feel comfortable in it you should continue.
Wrinkles and shit are a natural thing, we will all age one day or another even the kawaiiest living dorru on the internet. So juste embrace aging and you will age more gracefully and you won't be some bitter old lady.
My grandma is 70, she wears bright and pastel colors on a daily basis. She smiles so bright and is so positive that it doesn't matter how many wrinkles she has or how she has a bit of extra weight, she's still kawaii as fuck.
If you don't feel comfortable being "kawaii" or into lolita (especially sweet) anymore, slowly transition to something more toned down or whatever, something that you feel comfortable wearing,without letting go of what you truly love.
>>
Be like Momoko bro
>>
you're never too old to be a lolita or kawaii- if you lose interest in something as time goes on and you want to do something else, do it.

as for me, i'm going to be >>9219895 and be buried in AP

kawaii til i die, m8
>>
File: XY4P1370.jpg (274KB, 500x755px) Image search: [Google]
XY4P1370.jpg
274KB, 500x755px
>>9219739
This thread is so stupid. Do you think lolita designers are too old to wear their fashion too? Do you judge old people who dress in alt fashion?
>>
>>9219809
This.

I'm going to 26 in a couple of months and I still get asked for I.D. in bars and pubs. Everybody ages at different rates and it's irritating as hell that there's this prevailing idea in this fashion that you need to mature your wardrobe once you hit your mid-20's.
>>
>>9219739
You only get old when you stop acting young.

Giving up lolita or cosplay for imaginary normie dignity will age you.
>>
File: G63A8978weblow-1.jpg (59KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
G63A8978weblow-1.jpg
59KB, 570x855px
>>9219884
Or the ladies and gents of Advanced Style. I want to be them if I'm healthy/lucky enough to reach that age.
>>
>>9219894
Hmm, well I personally wouldn't say that they don't really love the fashion; I think they're just being realistically pessimistic and understanding that even if they may want to wear the style, it's unfitting for them at a certain point. As in, they don't do the look any justice at all and it looks unflattering at a certain point.

You can still love the style but just come to terms with the reality that YOU throw the look off; and no amount of accessories or makeup or good coordination skills will change that anymore.

At least, for sweet. Moving to something more classic and elegant actually, in my opinion, shows more love for the fashion. You don't want to ruin the image of the fashion by associating it with old hags who don't want to come t terms with their age. Instead, you let the youngins enjoy the more cute styles and maybe take some under your wing at a local comm, but in turn you sport off a classic and elegant look that you would never be able to pull off at their age. That shows me real dedication for the fashion -- knowing when it's time to alter it up and STILL make a look work That usually means discarding your inner princess and instead embracing yourself as queen.
>>
>>9220255
Hm, I see what you're trying to say and I agree with your point of view. I did feel the same sometimes though but couldn't put words on it.
>>
>>9220255
i get what you're saying and everything but nah dude fuck that, AP til I'm 80. Make the "youngins" work harder to project that kawaii out there
>>
>>9220255
>That usually means discarding your inner princess and instead embracing yourself as queen.
I like this. This is a good quote.
>>
>>9220255
By this logic, ugly people shouldn't wear lolita either. I don't think old and ugly people should only wear boring clothes and I think it's a very narrow and sad mindset if you think that.
>>
>>9219739
I seduce a young loli and drain her life essence to restore my youth. I thought that's what everyone did?
>>
>>9219767
>Would anyone make an number age for when to go sweet to classic?
I would rather say when your face starts to become more harsh.
>>
>>9219767
Never.
>>
>>9219916
The AP designers are getting older too and they still rock that sweet. I hope they keep it up.
>>
I don't think you can be too old. I'm a 27 year old college student just getting into kawaii fashion. I'm just beginning to shine~!
>>
I'm 29 and I will wear sweet forever.
>>
>>9220130
>Advanced Style
I need to know more about this.
>>
I'm already the weirdo who dresses like little bo peep in most people's eyes. I don't care enough to overhaul my wardrobe just because of something arbitrary like age.
>>
There's a lady in Orange County who looks old as hell and still wears Sweet. She looks somewhere between ridiculous and hideous.

Yes, you are free to dress however you like. But don't then come on here and whine and whine and whine about how 'Normies' were gaping and laughing at you.
>>
File: bloodofyoungins.jpg (47KB, 651x816px) Image search: [Google]
bloodofyoungins.jpg
47KB, 651x816px
>>9220337
Shit, we got the Countess Báthory on cgl.
>>
File: widow of the great war.jpg (94KB, 634x656px) Image search: [Google]
widow of the great war.jpg
94KB, 634x656px
>you're getting old and wrinkly
>you're seriously still intending to wear those bright pastel colors when nature itself set you up to get perfectly in character to that old British widow who lost her beloved darling in the Great War and still mourns him as the Second World War breaks out
Characters gulls, get into them. They can add a lot to what amounts to a bunch of frills.
>>
Can this be an old jfash inspo thread? Post pics of your fave advanced fashionistas!
>>
File: Lucy_unamused.gif (246KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy_unamused.gif
246KB, 500x281px
>>9220403
Normies gape and laugh at you if you even wear a nice skirt and blouse.

>wear plain black skirt and a cute top to town
>Eyy baby where you going all dressed up? You're just buying groceries hahaha!
>>
>>9219739
I'm going to get fillers, Botox and start using retin-A. I'd even consider an eye-lift or face-life way down the road. I'm not going gracefully, fuck that shit. Who's with me?
>>
File: tumblr_nhz6beYTb51tooiq0o1_1280.jpg (80KB, 661x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhz6beYTb51tooiq0o1_1280.jpg
80KB, 661x960px
>>
>>9220403
Now I am curious to see this. I'm sure there must be some bad examples as well as some good. I'm in between with my opinion. I want to continue to wear lolita and I don't think think I'm one of the people who will look good in sweet past a certain age. But I think I will do classic as long as it makes me feel good, regardless of what people think. I think the kawaii vibe that sweet gives automatically jus makes it a harder style to wea in general unless you have more of a baby-face, which I have never had. I have some sweet dresses because I like the prints (not toys!) but I still style them more like classic
>>
>>9220563
Hell yeah!! Im gonna spend all my money on anti-aging procedures if I have to.
>>
>>9220571
I'm...not sure how I feel about this. Does she go to meets? Are there older lolitas active on comms?
>>
>>9220571
I love her.
>>
>>9220563
>>9220579
We will have our wardrobes pretty much already set except for new releases, right? So I'll gladly spend some significant cash to look better in all my fashion, hell yes. Let's see how far we can go. Misako says she wants to still wear lolita as a grandmother so I hope she does!
>>
>>9220580
iirc that picture is from a Lolita who dressed up her mom or something
the woman in the picture isn't actually a Lolita
>>
>>9220333
They CAN wear it but they won't do the fashion justice.
>>
>>9220571
My only concrit here would be that I think she would look better with some skin-illuminating makeup and a more defined hair style. I'd be happy if she were in my comm.

And this changes my mind about bonnets too, I like it on her. Great, I had talked myself out of a bonnet and now I want one.
>>
>>9220617
As long as I look decently nice, I'll be happy wearing it which is why I started wearing it in the first place, because it makes me happy. I can afford more now than I could when it probably would have looked the 'very best' on me and I'll be able to spend even more on it as time goes by. And spend going to nice events too, which I enjoy.

Do people even worry about whether they 'do justice' to their fashion or their clothes? I never have.
>>
If immortal robot bodies aren't invented before I die I'm going to be fucking pissed
>>
>>9220632
I think about this every day.
>>
You should have a yakult mask like Misako lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84pFeCR8QYY (10:04)

Btw Misako looks way cuter than that 16 year old cosplayer, if I gotta be harshly honest. More than age, you just gotta be lucky with the genes.
>>
>>9220628
It's not even a matter of what other people think though. You can personally realize that even if you like the look, it doesn't work on you. I say this as a guy who loves female jfash but hates male jfash. No offense to brolitas, but I think it's really hard for a male to pull off the look properly and wouldn't even bother attempting myself.
>>
>>9219916
No Pettis 0/10 ita fucks
>>
>>9220664
If it is me wearing the clothes, I wear what I love. I also try to wear styles, cuts and colors that flatter me best but I'm going to wear something if I like it regardless.

Half of the famous women of all ages on red carpets and just regular women dressed fancy for parties wear things they like over things that might flatter them more. Bug off being a guy not even in this fashion, why do you even have an opinion on what a woman wears unless you are paying for it, she's your wife/gf or both. That's the only place I might se itas valuable.

I'm sure 99% of women here don't care about your advice or opinion though.
>>
>>9220664
Do tell, what look would work on old and ugly women? What would they do justice?
>>
>>9220707
Idk abt ugly women but the older you are the cooler you look in like really fancy evil queen looking getups
Like if you're really old and you want clothes to work in your favour you could forego looking cute and innocent and instead try and look intimidating/elegant
Sorry I'm not really explaining myself well here but think like aristocrat basically I think it would look better on someone older thank someone younger
>>
>>9220561
Get to a different part of the country or move to Japan or Korea where the bar for everyday clothes in higher
>>
>>9220665
What is an a-line petti? That's what they are both wearing.
>>
>>9220561
Southerner/Californian detected
>>
>>9220632
>I'm going to be fucking pissed
You'll be dead, anon.
>>
>>9220975
Or Europe. Normies gape at me when I don't wear make-up to the store.
>>
>>9220337
>seduce a young loli
Gay.
>>
>>9221165
Spot on, I'm a Southerner. You'd think with all the 'Southern Belle'/ Debutante shit going on the standards for dress would be a little higher than sweatshirts, leggings, and uggs.
>>
>>9221341
>You'd think with all the 'Southern Belle'/ Debutante shit going on

Isn't that only for the upper class 1% in the South? Everyone else seems to prefer to dress like rednecks who just crawled out from under a car or a cow.
>>
>>9221349
It is but most girls around here act like they're that level without really putting any effort into how they dress.
>>
If you're paying for my clothes then you have a say in what I buy, unless I'm asking you. Otherwise, I'll swear my sweet when I'm gray haired and wrinkled because my goal in life is to be fierce as hell when I'm older.
>>
>>9219739
You're never too old for lolita, as long as you are kawaii on the inside
>>
>>9220255
There's no such thing as a fashion you love being unfitting at certain age.

Stop making stupid age rules over clothes kek
>>
>>9220293
Exactly!!!!
>>
File: IMG_2176.jpg (158KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2176.jpg
158KB, 435x580px
>>9219884
The Queen fuckin rocks. Look what she wore to her birthday.
>>
>>9221349
In the South... we either dress like complete crap or go all out.

The town I grew up in was 50% sweatpants, 50% false eyelashes.

Usually the same people alternate between dressed to the nines and hobo attire.
>>
>>9221537
That outfit was great for the internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj0RSFXP4yM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuI9AuvHges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgn6xN7KU7E
>>
>>9220403
I've also seen one in Orange County who must be at least 40, but damn she looks put together every time I see her.
>>
>>9220368
Pictures please!
>>
>>9221579
If she looks 40 and is Sweet, we're probably talking about the same person. Very long horse face, penchant for pastels?

Doesn't matter how well put together her coord is. The massive amounts of pink and pastel, pink bonnet and wigs contrasted with the badly aging long man face look ridiculous. Her coords may be spot on but she absolutely looks like a Sissy fetishist. Or maybe mentally disabled.

I adore EGL, but I'd be mortified if I looked like that. If you want yo express yourself with age, go for the aristocratic look. Longer skirts, jewel tones.

Less Victorian doll, more Victorian lady.
>>
>>9221721
>shitting on someone for being ugly/old even though they can coord well

We might as well say nobody but KAWAII DOLL-TAN's can wear it. If she can coord well who cares if she's old and wants to wear pastel vomit?
>>
>>9221725
If an obese chick can coord well, who cares if she's splitting the seams of her dress and oozing out of the collar and sleeves?

You are absolutely free to wear whatever you want, but have some sense of self awareness. Regular people don't give a crap if someone can coord well, they do give a crap if you look good in what you're wearing.

No one is going to bat an eye at Fanny Rosie because she can pull off the look. However, someone visibly old squeezed into what looks like a little girl's dress is going to draw negative attention.

If you're okay with that, fine. But don't then bitch about normies or whatever laughing at you.
>>
>>9221745
>If an obese chick can coord well, who cares if she's splitting the seams of her dress and oozing out of the collar and sleeves?

If she can't get the right fit, it's not a good cord.
>>
>>9221800
she was being sarcastic
>>
>>9220384
Same. In fact after years of practice I have gone from pastel vomit monster to cute and elegant sweet. I learned how to turn down dresses that often look OTT. It' just a matter of going a bit more simple/elegant with your blouse, foot/leg wear, accessories, and hairstyle. It is still loud in terms of color, sure, but it looks lovely and joyful.
>>
>tfw your arthritis gets too bad to sew
>>
biologically you are old past 23, so act according to that. it's annoying seeing old people acting like teenagers
>>
>>9222034
: ^ )
>>
while her style is more alt than kawaii, baddie winkle is my old age goals.plus when your hair is white, no more having to pre-bleach your hair for fun colors. no need to dress and act dead even though you're getting close to it.
>>
>>9222046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTMI6bDUdmw
>>
File: IMG_4261.jpg (238KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4261.jpg
238KB, 400x533px
>>9221619
Ok, I'll dump a quick few
>>
File: IMG_4262.jpg (132KB, 880x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4262.jpg
132KB, 880x591px
>>9222057
>>
File: IMG_4263.png (415KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4263.png
415KB, 600x450px
>>9222060
>>
File: IMG_4264.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4264.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>9222067
>>
>>9222034
Right? I love how people keep posting pictures of the Queen or of cute little old ladies.

You don't go from young adult to grandma. What people are really asking about is that interim period from your late twenties on to sixty or seventy.

When you're a cute little old lady, anything you wear is cute. When you're in your mid thirties and you squeeze yourself into a bright pink dress meant for a fourteen year old, you just look-- Well, like the above pictured: Sad, desperate.

It's like the women in their late forties squeezed into their niece's clothes- miniskirt, lime green tank top, bleached hair, thick claw acrylic nails, and stiletto high heeled sandals with a toe ring on that one toe that sticks out from all the others and the bottom of the sandal to drag on the floor.

Just because your clothes come from another country and you get the flutters every time you see cleavage doesn't make the concept any different.
>>
It's gonna happen, there's going to be middle aged lolitas who still dress sweet, mama lolitas with or without matching frilly crotch fruit, 80yo lolitas dying in a Baby dress.

If I were sweet and aging and wanted to transition to classic, I'd have a party where I rented a casket, decorated the room like a funeral parlor and invited my lolita friends to a 'Death of My Sweet' party. We could play-act my death, then I could go change into my new classic lolita style and we'd party all night.
>>
>>9222120
>Crotch Fruit

Haha it's like the bitter obese chick version of when mouth breathing neck beards refer to normal guys as dudebros.
>>
>>9222131
What is parody. I don't care about the future lolita mamas and their babies one way or another as long as they don't bring the children to meets. That's like bringing your kid to girl's night out.
>>
>>9221745
Generally people who wear lolita until they're old don't give a shit about what normies think, so don't worry
>>
File: tokyostreetsnap.jpg (530KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tokyostreetsnap.jpg
530KB, 1000x1500px
>>9222106
I tried explaining aging gracefully in an earlier post. The dress itself is not the issue. Take this outfit for example. If you remove the accessories and the bright wig, the coat and dress itself is acceptable for a middle age lady especially when paired with a simpler pair of shoes.

The key is to tone down the accessories and wear perhaps a single statement item. The tights count as a statement item. If you want to wear something in the hair, wear plain tights instead. Do not wear heels. If one wears a wig, don't wear a bright colored or poofy wig, opt for a natural style. Nobody has to throw anything away.
>>
>>9222034
Lol. This is factually incorrect. From an anthropology/anatomy standpoint.
>>
Approaching 40 soon and still dressing in AP -- still doing pastels on weekends, too. Am Asian, though, for what it means to you. If I'm still dressing lolita when I hit 45 I'll come back and post photos.

If you need inspiration, you're better off doing a request thread or an image dump for "sweet styles in mature coords" or something similar, cgl had a couple of them in the past, they worked all right for getting ideas on making coords more mature.

Lolita's trending colours are darker colourways lately (navy, green), and even sweet lolita is looking more toned down and leaning towards classic themes rather than sugary pastel sweet OTT. So imo, it's getting easier to be a sweet lolita as you age, anyway. All you really need is to spend time learning what looks good on you instead of following external cues like the lolita rulebook or whatever is currently trending, so that you look your best no matter what age you are.

>>9220388

Reverse image search led me to this:
http://www.advanced.style/
Goals for future me, but that's another 40 years into the future. 40 really isn't an old age to be, really.
>>
File: IMG_4282.jpg (422KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.jpg
422KB, 640x478px
>>9222302
Hah. No.
>>
>>9222339
>>9222047
>>9222046
Sure, if you don't mind looking like an artsy fartsy eccentric, you can make anything work.

If you want to look closer to a "normal" everyday casual and your're not old enough for cool grandma zone, it's not a bad idea to opt for toned down colors and longer skirts. Traditionally in most cultures married/older women wear darker/simpler patterns and colors than young women.
>>
>>9222409
Artsy fartsy.
Do you even know who this is?
Trying to lecture people on their fashion?
Get off my lawn.
>>
>>9221265
lol not the Netherlands. I barely ever feel the need to do my make-up here, before going out.

>>9222034
That's your problem, not ours. Go look the other way then!
>>
>>9222455
Different anon but I live in a village in the Netherlands and the only women who don't wear makeup when they leave the house are immigrant workers or alcoholics
>>
>>9222468
That's ironic, since I'm from the Randstad. You would think that we city people would be the ones caring more about looks, rather than the village people.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 232x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 232x255px
>>9221745
I'm sorry but
>normies
>not paying negative attention to/laughing at any person dressed weird in public
And also
>wear anything you want
>except for what I don't want you to wear

anon please
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 508x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 508x376px
>>9222409
>implying you don't already look like an artsy fartsy eccentric when you wear lolita at any time
>>
>>9222106
You can wear whatever you can still pull off. Everyone ages differently.
>>
>>9222472
I think it's because in a village you are always very likely to meet colleagues, family, your love interest etc. And people gossip more. You don't want to be known as the slons.
>>
>>9222034
I don't even think our brains have stopped growing at that point. Development of the prefrontal cortex continues until 25 or so.
>>
>>9222339
See, I dig the high fashion though. I guess I come from the U.S.A. though and you should know middle age women around here can dress far more ridiculous than frilly skirts and a fur lined coat.

And so I guess I have a higher threshold before I cringe.
>>
I am also making the assumption we are talking about middle age women who took care of their skin and bodies in their early years.

Starting with proper sun protection.
>>
Someone can never be to old for lolita. It is part of lolita to do different from your age. See: fairytale prints, teddybears, excessive lace.. If a small child wore these, it would be normal for them and not lolita. But an adult wears it is lolita.
>>
I think women who are obviously making any attempt at a more 'out there' fashion and are well put together get my vote over anything more 'toned down' (whatever that means besides stop being edgy and having fun with fashion?). I come from the land of blow-outs and tailored jeans, bleh. (American south, where Victoria's Secret Pink line crap can be seen much too often) I'm already an anomaly in lolita here and my collection is for keeps. I already wear classic though and I only have a few sweet pieces which I style less on the cute side anyway.
>>
>>9222669
Pulling something off is a matter of opinion. First of all, I think people should wear what they want, fashion is for fun and self-exoression. That said, I think some of the sexier high street clothes for middle aged women take them to Cougar town and age their look much more than wearing classic lolita would. I'd like to see more older women makeovers into Lolita just for fun like >>9220571
>>
>>9221996
This is also how I style my sweet pieces so they aren't as loud. But I will keep buying them if I like them, no matter my age.

Lolita already has a toned down makeup look compared to instagram makeup (as long as I don't do the very pink cheeks) and even fully done Lolita makeup in general is a more youthful look that's really flattering. I love the full coverage look and wearing lashes but not looking overdone, like in Misako's video tutorials. I'm also stepping up my skincare as preventive.
>>
Once you get to a certain age, if you're well adjusted you stop giving a shit and you realise how to dress for the situation.

So for example, I'm not going to go full on frills to a gynae check up or to the gym. I'm not going to wear it to work because it's not appropriately professional. But in my free time, fuck whatever some self-conscious teenager or busybody older woman or snotty boy with nothing better to do thinks of 'dressing my age', because I live in a nice enough city that it's hella unlikely I'll actually get beat up or anything beyond rude words and looks and I don't dress for any of those people anyway.
>>
File: 1359586261364.jpg (644KB, 1952x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1359586261364.jpg
644KB, 1952x1344px
I think how aged you look matters more than how old you actually are. If your 27 but have a baby face no one would probably bat an eyelash. And like others said you can still wear kawaii or lolita or whatever if you want but just tone it down, for example wear less pigtails, less prints with teddy bears on them, etc.
>>
>tfw too afraid to be kawaii so you just try to build other lolitas up as much as you can

You're all lovely, and I hope no one ever forces you to give up what you love.
>>
>>9223655
That's sweet of you, anon. Why don't you try it yourself? What are you afraid of?
>>
>>9223665

I'm just ugly. Think PT, but shorter. There's no point, because every time I wear a dress (lolita or not), I get paranoid that someone's going to say something so I get tense and irritable. I have my old lolita coords, so sometimes I take them out just to look.

I get overjoyed whenever I see anyone dressed outside the norm, though. Even if it's ita trash, it makes me happy to see people just enjoying themselves.
>>
File: IMG_4327.jpg (20KB, 214x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4327.jpg
20KB, 214x323px
>>9223638
Many do not care if anyone bats an eyelash.
Let people wear what they want. Why do you care if it's not your clothes. Maybe I wouldn't like your aesthetic for your age either. I certainly don't like your attitude.

Yumi-san's photo and her birthday recently passed. Still looks lovely.
>>
>>9223638
Yeah because if it's a teenager wearing a teddybear print or pigtails nobody bats an eyelash
>>
>>9220661
I'm so confused at this video, what was the competition? Who looked better without makeup...? Cause yeah I do agree Misako looks better (before and after actually) but still... what a weird show
>>
>>9222047
She is my fucking idoru holy shit
>>
I wear gyaru so it's not really a 'kawaii' style in the first place, but I'm going to be wearing leopard print and crazy nails and sky high heels until I'm too decrepit for the physical act of doing my makeup. Sure, I'll probably show less skin, but I fully intend to be a tacky loud old osaka granny. Life's too short to stress so much about what other people think, as long as you like how you look then enjoy it.
>>
>>9222409
Good, I can't wait for people to think of me as an artsy fartsy eccentric 40 year old. Better than being thought of as a normie soccer mom mega-cunt.
>>
File: 723776.jpg (63KB, 336x504px) Image search: [Google]
723776.jpg
63KB, 336x504px
I'm wondering what people think of Petite Meller then, since she's also wearing very cutesy fashion, even tough she's in her early 30s? It's something you wouldn't tell at first, but you can see she has smile lines and stuff if you look more closely. I think she looks pretty cute though.
>>
>>9224551
>early 30s
>something you wouldn't tell at first

uhm. She looks like she's in her early to mid 40s anon. My mom is 46 and looks younger than her (and for the record, she's white, I know people on here think whites age like milk or some dumb shit). Hell, my 32 year old cousin who basically drinks for a living looks better.

idc what she wears but this poor girl should invest in some really good skincare if she's seriously only early 30s
>>
File: howl and sophie.jpg (226KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
howl and sophie.jpg
226KB, 900x600px
>Not lolita-related, but...
You're never too old to be Sophie.

>>9224551
Her makeup is not helping her. Does/did she smoke/do drugs? Some of that shit can prematurely age you. She looks older for early 30s.
>>
>>9224551
LOL She is 22 according to interviews unless she is lying. I don't think she looks that old, this is kind of a bad picture. She just has a unique face I think. Or maybe I just have really low standards. Anyone can look haggard in a bad picture.
>>
>>9224765
I don't believe she is 22, if that's true then she was 13 when she was part of Terry Poison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmnW3x7blE
>>
>>9224765
She IS lying (sorta). She was around the age of 26 in 2007, when she was in Terry Poison, aka in the vid >>9224779 linked. Her real name is Sivan Meller, but as the persona Petite Meller, she pretended to be 21 years old (now 22 I guess).

>>9224584
>>9224603
Oh lol, to me she looks like a 30 something, but I gues others see it differently then. Anyways, I forgot her exact age, but her birth year was in the early 80s, from what I have digged up after googling.
>>
>>9224603
I think it's powdery makeup aging her.
>>
Btw this also pretty kawaii fashion inspired I guess. But hmm if she also looks old here, then it just can't be helped. I don't want to post edited pictures, for obvious reasons. Maybe she just also looks younger in motion/with happier facial expressions.
>>
>>9224863

That makeup makes her look like she has lupus, no lies.
>>
>>9224551
Meth: Not even once.
>>
>>9224871
Cannot unsee. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9224848
Thank you anon! I got super confused!
>>
>>9224908
You're welcome!

>>9224871
lol she does it, because she got a sunburn on her nose as a child, and wants to mimic that sunburn with make-up or something. But yeah it does kinda look like lupus too.

>>9224859
Hmm yeah could be, since powdery make-up really has that effect.
>>
File: image.jpg (569KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
569KB, 1280x1280px
I think she looks cute. This was for her 40th b-day I believe?
>>
>>9220130
this gives me life.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.