[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Dutch Thread Survey 2.22: You Can (Not) Leave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 16

File: Dutch Thread churi flag.jpg (251KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Dutch Thread churi flag.jpg
251KB, 2000x1333px
STOP, SURVEY TIME:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUuAxG1v9W5RVuSLq5CYWy8gHXcLfyh1HlJ0GbLdM9EDi3rg/viewform
More info on this in the post below.

Previous Thread: >>9204806

Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>TomoFair and the Curse of it's Nearby
>"Usage of the bouncy castle is at own risk"
>"Animecon stole the term Moolah from some game desu!"
>Creepy Anon posting butts and how it's different from us joking on Abunai Overwatch Bulge Guy
>Crash course on portrait rights in the Netherlands
>[Deleted]
>What should I bring with me to a convention?
>Best cosplay you've ever seen in the Netherlands?
>Nishicon: Where is everyone?!
>Nishicon: What went wrong?
>Nishicon: What was the most fun and why was it karaoke?
>”Firstlook was fun”
>Deshima Sounds talk

Next five major events:
>Imagicon (October 15th, Ede GLD) is a Cosplay, Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy con. They also have a cosplay compo.
>FACTS (October 22nd & 23rd, Gent BE) is an anime, comic and cosplay fair similar to ACC and DCC.
>MGC Experience (November 19th, Nieuwegein UT) is a gathering for anime and J-culture fans
>Terracon (November 27th, Houten UT) is a convention for reptiles who like anime.
>Dutch Comic Con Xmas Edition (December 17th & 18th, Utrecht UT) is a pretty self-explanatory title don't you think?
Full Google Calendar by OP can be found at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=17gim9nkndjpvpnhp1pr64l410%40group.calendar.google.com
>>
so anyone going to MGC exp?
>>
File: 1464276892876.png (1MB, 1298x5937px) Image search: [Google]
1464276892876.png
1MB, 1298x5937px
Earlier this year I held a little survey about us Dutch gulls and our conventions. Considering how the convention season is as good as over I figured I might as well run the survey once more to see how things have changed. The questions are mostly the same as last time and I’ve added more conventions to rate because why not. You may skip all questions you don’t feel like answering, and if you just want to rate the conventions page 5 is where you want to go.
Of course all data is stored anonymously and only the global results will be visible to others. Once replies stop coming in I’ll close the survey and release a new infograph based on the results. Keep in mind I am recovering from a wrist injury so this might take a bit longer than usual.
The survey can be taken at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUuAxG1v9W5RVuSLq5CYWy8gHXcLfyh1HlJ0GbLdM9EDi3rg/viewform and the results can be viewed at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUuAxG1v9W5RVuSLq5CYWy8gHXcLfyh1HlJ0GbLdM9EDi3rg/viewanalytics

Pic related, these were the results of the previous survey.
>>
>>9215930
why the "" at the firstlook part. It actually was hella fun if you love gaming and the WCS and C4 were done well, or shouldn't I read the sarcasm in it?
>>
>Terracon (November 27th, Houten UT) is a convention for reptiles who like anime

The organization was posting some news in the event. They are ALIVE!
>>
Also, today I learned thermoplastics are used by ergotherapists to make wrist braces and how annoying it is to do ANYTHING while wearing one. As in it took me thrice as long to write the OP.

>>9215934
It's a direct quote, although I probably should had added according to Anon or something.
>>
>>9215933
isn't it a bit weird to give a single mark to everything from tomo? Because tomocon and tomoplay were fun but tomoparty was lame.
>>
Anyone going to Imagicon??
>>
>>9215942
Well technically they only have one Mark. But yeah, I'll separate the TomoEvents next time.
>>
>>9215945
Nope my pocket still has to recuperate from the dent a suite at nishi cost me.
But the jacuzi was worth it.
>>
>>9215945
Yup. I'm one of the gophers.
>>
>>9215973
>>9215945
Is it worth travelling 2 hours for?
>>
File: [email protected] (121KB, 1280x504px) Image search: [Google]
110754@2x.jpg
121KB, 1280x504px
>>9215945
I'm curious about it but not sure if I'm going or not. Knowing me it will probably be a last minute decision.

>>9215979
You tell me, here is the schedule.
>>
>>9215942
lol I didn't like tomoplay but liked tomoparty
>>
>>9215979
Depends on what you like. It's not as spectacular as DCC/ACC. But it really is for fans through fans, and has a cossie feel because of it. The average visitor is also older with less screaming weebs.
>>
to the person asking when yaycon in the survey: februari 19th in Amersfort
>>
So anything noteworthy happened at FirstLook?
>>
>>9216013
Besides the FirstLook crew being dicks towards the C4/WCS participants and their tech absolutely failing to perform properly? Not much.
>>
>>9215933
oh hey I was going to ask about a new servey but you already made it, good stuff OP.
>>
>>9216030
How was the crew being dicks to the C4/WCS participants? I actually heard good things about the crew from a participant.

The tech however actually did fail pretty badly. 3 out of 7 acts where they fucked up on audio...........
>>
>>9216030

Crew was actually quite nice to me. Spoke with some of the photographers, animecon people and other staff.
I did not feel mistreated in the slightest.

Tech however was a streaming pile of horseshit. They should go home and contemplate sudoku.
>>
>>9215930
I left tomocon etc blank because I've only ever visited tomofair. Agreed with other anons that it's better to split them up.

So, why is ACC getting much worse ratings than DCC? I don't think I heard bad things about ACC, or did I just not pay attention?
>>
>>9216094
I heard some participants saying they were told to 'get the fuck off the stage' after the results and someone got dragged of stage

Just a story i heard though, dont know if its true. If it is, im so dissapointed....
>>
I wish we had less smaller cons trying to claim territory, and more effort into making a good big con. Animecon is pretty good don't get me wrong but I want my fix more then once a year.
>>
>>9216030
Who cares, WCS people are snooty biatches anyways.
>>
>>9216123
>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUuAxG1v9W5RVuSLq5CYWy8gHXcLfyh1HlJ0GbLdM9EDi3rg/viewform

But if we split is up it would be really embarrassing, since all of the events suck.
>>
>>9216188
Guess you lost once or twice?
>>
>>9216030
did not feel treated badly by the crew. They were really nice and things were going quite smoothly. Last minute changes for stageprops were handled right away, we told the tech team to put the sound of our track up and wait 5 seconds before starting our track, which they did so I guess we were lucky on that part. The only thing I really did not appreciate was that they just threw our stuff from one dressing room to the other without being careful. My shoes and coat were spread across the room and my costume was in a corner? But besides that the crew was amazing! They even calmed some of us down with some nice chitchat.

>>9216161
they did not say "get the fuck off stage". The female host told us we could have a photomoment on stage, the next second after we conratulated everybody 2 people said "jullie moeten van het podium" and put his hand towards the stairs and touched a few people's shoulder. which was weird and confusing. I do not know if someone was dragged off, though, but I didn't hear "get the fuck off the stage" or anything mean like that.
>>
>>9216199
I told crewmembers about the dressingroom thing btw, to clear that air.
>>
>>9215945
Yes I'm going. Not sure what cosplay to wear tho
>>
>>9215938
Funfact: Most propmaking materials and tools are 'stolen' from other industries. Like the rotary tool, it was taken from dentists. Worbla was taken from 'renoflex' -> A shoesole kind of thing. EVA foam is usually used in shoesoles as well for cusioning, as well as floors (hence the floormat use...)
>>
What kind of prizes do different cons give out for masquerades?
>>
>>9216348
that really differs. not only from con to con, but each year prizes will change.
>>
>>9217014
usually prizes are sponsored from some stands at the dealer room.
>>
>>9217153
yep, and not every year the same party sponsors the masquerade
>>
>>9217153
that can be a good thing or a bad thing. I once won a love live figure but I don't really like that series.
>>
>>9217166
what do you mean? love live is brilliant! I love that music!
>>
>>9217166
Glad that you like it, but i'm not into it, i'm more of a mecha type of guy. and winning a love live figure isn't the best prize in that case.
>>
>>9217172
oops wrong quote, meant >>9217170
>>
>>9217166
Do what I did with the suchi and pindakaas books I won: sell them for a little less than the original sales price
>>
>>9217195
sushi*
>>
>>9217195
or trade them in at special edition for a stash of manga's
>>
>>9217197
yeah I like special edition, they're the only one that sell manga's in Japanese, because seriously, we're in the Netherlands, at a Japanese culture convention... WTF has that to do with English? yet all dealers only sell American English manga's.
>>
>>9217200
yeah but not everyone can speak Japanese, and the dutch translations are lame. I have Naruto in dutch, it's weird!
>>
>>9217197
hmm not really a manga reader though, but that is indeed an option!
>>
Who of you gulls rated Yuyucon? Didn't think we had that much 2hu gulls
>>
hiephoi110, you can post now.
>>
>>9217231
>Yuyucon
What is it, I can't seem to find anything on it other than a few semi-relevant forum topics
>>
>>9217274
It's a small private meetup/con. It has 1-2 meetups each year. It usually gets 40-50 people and everyone is a member of a certain forum. The community is centered around Touhou fandom. "Yuyucon" is deprived from the Touhou character named "Yuyuco".
>>
lol I thought it was a misspelled yaycon.
>>
>>9217202
Naruto in Dutch>Naruto in English, though.
I'd rather read an accurate translation and uncensored version of a manga. Americans really tend to fuck up manga with their censoring bullshit.
>>
>>9217200
Because 94% of the Dutch people can read English, but how much % can read Japanese really?? Personally I think that reading/writing Japanese is also a lot harder than speaking, unless you have a denshi jisho to cheat with. It's nice Special Edition sells it, but I'm sure they aren't making too much profit selling those.
>>
>>9217275
Oh, I remember being a member there. Cool to hear they have a con now.
>>
>>9217326
We've had them since 2012. We even have multiple day event during the summer.
>>
>>9217335
I do remember people talking about that. I wasn't that active, I spend time with them at a con a few years ago, very nice people.
>>
Sakuraflor telling that Magnum scripted the act of sakuraflor and deathstrike cosplay and made their audio for WCS... is that even allowed?
source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqwYdfsSqXE
>>
>>9217354
Well... it is stated nowhere that it is forbidden. Quite a lot of cosplayers get help from other people for their skits these days it seems.

It's hard to draw a line when it's just too much help that the cosplayer itself doesn't contribute anything anymore.
But the same goes for cosplay crafting. I know a lot of cosplayers, who had ton of help from family/freinds while creating their cosplays as well. You don't have any evidence the cosplayer did less as the helping person so it is not really possible to call them out on it/bann them from cometitions.

Let's just hope most Cosplayers just stay fair and are not lying about it because it really is a slippery slope
>>
>>9217354
starting at 4:44, sorry didn't put that with it I see
>>
>>9217354
>It is permissible to a limited extent for family and friends to help with costumes
>Please prepare your own music for your performance.
That's all what's stated about it in the WCS rules, so yes it's allowed.
>>
>>9217365
the thing is, WCS is 60% act and 40% costume, it's not just some Dutch competition
>>
>>9217305
poser
>>
is the dutch lolita comm nice or full of bitches??
>>
File: 1405919553225.jpg (36KB, 544x393px) Image search: [Google]
1405919553225.jpg
36KB, 544x393px
>>9217382
You have a few bitches here and there, but their outfits are surprisingly well made considering how they lack opposable thumbs.
>>
>>9217373
Do you think the japanese judges will bother more if the skit is written by you or some professional as the judges here? They are a TV show and just want something cool to broadcast.
I'm pretty sure some of the winners from previous years got professional help for the performance.
>>
>>9217365
The same goes for 3D printing, which is still new so no one really knows what to do with it during judging.

You can litterly download the files and print somewthing. you dont have to do anything this way, except sand it down.
But how does someone proof that they modeled everything themself when there is no Judge who knows anythign about 3D printing?
>>
>>9217396
I've heard that some competitions want to ban 3d prints that were downloaded from thingiverse and myminifactory or something? which i can kinda agree with i guess
>>
>>9217386
Damn anon that's pretty painfully unfunny

>>9217382
I'd say that most people are nice but there's some people that may seem hard to approach because they've already been friends for a long time. I didn't really like the atmosphere of the comm but I think that was more me than them.
>>
>>9217389
They might have but this is the first time i hear someone boasting about posibly breaking the rules.
If the main reason they won was the skit and music then they might get disqualified for it.
as long as you are honest about the help you got judges dont mind because they just put less attention to that one point or dont take it along for the judging.
>>
I don't see how its not allowed, i mean there are lots of performances that literally use dances from the anime (love live) and such. Those are already existing dances so thats also not self made then? in the end its not about who made it but how its performed and as long as its not mentioned in the rules i don't think it should be a problem.
>>
>>9217371

According to that line it's actually not allowed.
Friends and family are allowed to help with costumes a little, but they implore you to create your own music and act.

She...did not create her own act/music but got it scripted by someone else.
>>
What's the latest drama?
>>
>>9217455
>costumes
Right so then basically the love live act was also against the rules due to the dance which is from the anime? its just a very blurry line as to what should or should not be allowed..
>>
@saku video, 3:30 was that a freudian slip?
Waiting for the costume to come in or on the leds.
Makes me super suspicious if they even made it themselves.
Second thing is also the thing with her leg. seems to be a play at the pitty card. Calling bullshit on it right there.
>>
>>9217477

Dude they don't exactly hand out braces like those for free. Backstage crew had to help her off the stage, there's pictures of that.
>>
>>9217477
Wow that's just a dick comment.. I don't know if you know sakuraflor, you can say a lot of things about her but she's the most honest person ever. Maybe even too honest.. But to call her leg bull is just a douche move.
>>
>>9217470

No i think its more of the MAKING the music. If you write a script where you have voice acting, lines thought of by you, and fighting/dancing for example. i think they want you to think of the lines yourself and compose the music/voices yourself.
You can use different people as voice actors, never been a problem.

As for a dance or fighting thing. I think whatever you do, it HAS to be your thing. so taking different parts of fighting video's and putting them together (making them work together) is still your own act. Same goes for the dancing.

Side note, as a love live fan the dance was also put together and not an exact copy of the show. Which makes things more enjoyable to watch, not only dancing
>>
>>9217470
If you think about it, then things like Disney where people act out a scene are also not allowed then.
But i like when people use their own voice , or have someone do the voice for them instead of litterly ripping some audio from a movie or game......
It shows they can do something with their act at least
>>
>>9217375
Oh Ken-sama, please enlighten me with your perfect Japanese!
>>
>>9217519

Yeah but hiring someone or getting someone to create your act for you is not the same as copying an intro from a anime.

If I can hire someone to create my act for competitions like WCS what is stopping me from hiring some dude with a 3d printer and letting him print and asemble it for me?
If I wear it and do atleast 2 stitches it's still my costume right?
>>
>>9217470
I'm quite curious how this act was as I haven't seen it. But I know people also sang live+danced Love Live for the World Karaoke Grand Prix, so I would think that for the WCS (aka the grand event) you should have a more interesting act than just doing playback+dance on a stage. So I guess putting also more focus on a plot besides just the dance? But yeah idk how their act looks, so I don't know how much time they danced and how much time they did some acting stuff.
>>
>>9217549
yeah thats what i said, you have to do things yourself instead of hiring someone.
Exacly for the reasons you named!
>>
>>9217570
uhm i think what was said in the video was that they got help from a friend (As he is a team mate in their cosplay group)
and if you a stranger want to hire him, you can.
>>
>>9217583
I think it is okay if someone helps you with your act. You are the one performing it so even is the idea is great, you have to make it great. I do think they put in their own ideas as well, as thats just how they are. Same with dancing, you can copy it.. but you still need to put in a lot of effort to make it decent. Especially with position changes and such.

For voice acting, I like it when people let others voice their characters because their voices may suit better. I like Ilunaneko and Moekke a lot, but their voices sounded a bit weird while trying to be all cutesy. They are not used to it, so that may have to do with that. I liked their act, but it would probably be a lot stronger if they were used to being the cutesy, energetic idol. Still kudo's for trying something out of their comfortzone!
>>
>>9217629
It wasnt their voices lol
>>
>>9217679
Oh lol. Then I dont know what it was.. could be my imagination then.
>>
I personally think that using someone's help for an act or costumes is okay. Just don't make them think of and/ or create the whole thing.

I enjoyed the wcs and the c4 acts alot! There were so many good one's that I just can't decide on which one's the best. Who do you guys think was best?
>>
so was i the only one bothered by the horrible smell at the karaoke room at nishi? cause i left the room after a minute because i couldnt stand the rank mixture of sweat and urine any more.
>>
>>9217712
It was too warm, especially after they closed the door to the first floor so you had to take the stairs or elevator. But the smell was just as gross as every other room.
>>
>>9217195
could be worse, a friend of mine won a yaoi book. Now it's awkwardly standing in my book shelf, luckily my mom doesn't know.
>>
>>9217455
It says 'prepare' not 'create'. You can't expect cosplayers to compose, mix, and render their own music. That's an entirely different skillset.

So in that sense, I'd say that you can definitely use music from the game/anime, just make sure you prepared it, edited it and have it 'ready-to-go' when you're about to go on stage.
>>
>>9217712
Isn't that normal convention smell?
>>
>>9218340
it actually is, the chairs in that room were nice though. On friday they wanted to place the DDR over there, glad they didn't do that!
>>
>>9218427
from that room you could see someone's garden, don't think they'd appreciate stomping and loud music with the windows open!
>>
>>9218427
I actually feel sorry for the guy who did the DDR, had to pack his stuff and move 4 times during the con.
>>
>>9218432
yeah, first he was next to the game room, then moved to the sushi workshop room, then moved to the deshima room then moved to the restaurant.
>>
>>9217712
eventually they did open up the window though, but not for long because the temperature would drop too far otherwise.
>>
>>9218438
that's pretty understandable.

the arts&crafts dealerroom actually had more stands of other cons there selling tickets. MGC, Animecon, Abunai, formula cosplay etc.
>>
>>9218439
yeah the animecon stand even had a sign "defenetly animecon". Like what they did there :P
>>
>>9218440
too bad that stand was closed half of the time, probably because the guys from animecon also ran the bring & buy.
>>
>>9218441
I was looking for some games at the bring & buy, too bad they only had shovelware.
>>
>>9218442
yeah but you can't really blame them, the bring & buy doesn't pick their goods, they're brought in by visitors.
>>
>>9218443
yeah, but it's just frustrating that it's more or less hit or miss. at abunai there are usually more high-quality goods available at the bring & buy than nishicon.
>>
Havent seen any firstlook acts sadly enough. Was way too crowded.
>>
>>9218513
it was nothing! according to otakucon standards you can put way more people in there ;)
>>
anyone going to DDR-exp?
>>
>>9218516
OMG yes! Heard they have more rhythm games this year! cant wait for it!
>>
For those who didnt see the ects but want to, it's ot the greatest angle, but this guy uploaded all acts from firstlook

https://www.youtube.com/user/UWCosplay/videos
>>
>>9218432
That was his own fault, Jasper was offered a room without airco wich he could have used the whole weekend without moving. But this is Jasper being the obnoxious twat that he is.
>>
>>9218614
that room was supposed to have airco, but that turned out to be just ventilation. which is fine for a game room but not for DDR. ever tried playing a level 11 song in a closed room? you'll be dying!
>>
>>9218616
agreed, DDR is not just "any game" that can be paced anywhere, you need a room with ventilation!
>>
>>9218614
>>9218616

I heard they let one of the staff play a difficult song. he quickly realized that that first room wasn't going to be a good idea.
>>
>>9218616
>Level 11 song
It still boggles my mind there are people out there that can play DDR at heavy/high levels like it's nothing.
>>
>>9218622
I have trouble with level 11, but that's nothing! Bram actually plays level 18... but yeah he has an DDR arcade in his basement and plays on it every day... it takes some dedication.
>>
>>9218625
yeah I remembered that facebook post last DDR exp. saying "good luck winning the second place in the heavy competition, if bram doesn't participate, good luck winning the first place".
>>
>>9217629
So let me get this straight. If I hire/befriend a stage performer and he/she creates my act it's okay as long as I am able to perform said act and ''worked'' on it together.

If I have a top tier crafter in my family/friends I can conscript them to create my costume as long as I can show that I did a bit of work on it.
>>
The DDR guys were just being obnoxious. I get there was no AC but the room had large windows and with a mean temp of 13° in the day that could have kept the room relatively cool. Plus they only had 4 pads which were being used by the stands people 90% of the time.
>>
>>9218675
those large windows couldn't open. so no fresh air.
and why blame the stands people for occupying unused pads when they're free? actually, why prohibit the stand holders to participate in their own events?
>>
>>9218682
indeed I've done serveral events myself, you're lucky if you even get anything for it. usually you bring your own (expensive) equipment and all you get is a free ticket and a small fee that doesn't even cover your travel costs. so when you get there completely voluntairily why shouldn't you be able to participate in your own event?
>>
>>9218687
yeah and I'd rather have DDRNL than that sportsgames bullshit from animecon / abunai.
the 4-pad DDR-NL setup gives you a single set of arrows just for you, you can choose your own difficulty and speedmod. as opposed to the sportgames setup where everyone has to use the same arrow-set. so if you want to play level 8 and 3 other people choose 2 or 1, the fuck you! you're gonna play level 2! then your score shifts all over the place and the pads aren't even calibrated correctly! I played once at abunai and I had a full combo of greats... not perfect, not marvellous, not decent just "great". which means the delay is not calibrated correctly!
>>
>>9218702
that's why the DDRNL staff regularly plays on their own pads, to check if it's still working up to standard. if anything fails they immediately act. didn't see the sportsgames guys doing that!
>>
>>9218669
Goodluck with that. Start by removing that stick up your ass and try to atleast achive something more then basic ranter
>>
I don't get all the moaning about the DDR guys.

I've met them at several con's and noticed that while they do dance on the mats, they keep their eyes open to see if people are hanging around with the desire to play and actively ask them if they wish to and offer up their dance mats.

I've seen them convince kids and noobs to try it out, making sure to explain how it works and choosing easier songs and more challending songs and 'games' for those who want to to that. Seriously, I got nothing but kudo's for them.

And from what I heard the Theaterhotel had promised rooms with airco/ventilation, but did not deliver. And from past experience I know the staff are quick to tell you to close window. it sucks.
>>
>>9218707
Not trying to start anything here. I always thought these competitions involved a whole lot more work for the people that actually compete.

If it's a team effort, besides the two that compete it's just a story of who has the biggest wallet and can make the largest time investment.

Where does the organisation draw the line? I can't find anything on their site besides vague rules, so I guess pretty much anything goes.
>>
Costume has to be fully crafted by you or your competing partner.

Act you have to preform. Dont think that someone explaining what to do or help you with fight scenes actually makes you preform better. Its all up to those on stage.
>>
>>9218723
I don't understand any of the moaning here.
Seriously, if there's something wrong with activities or someone's behaviour why not going up to them and tell them straight? why not send them an e-mail? there's nothing more frustrating than having to read negative comments on the net about your events, but when those same people attend your event they keep their mouths shut!
>>
>>9218725
but he made it for them. Act is big part in the WCS and riginality is part of the score. how can they be scored on originality if they did not make their own act?
>>
>>9218725
Perform, anon.
>>
>>9218731
He thought out their movements not story idea etc so still original. It all comes down to honesty and judges aint stupid.
>>
>>9218731
Act is 2/3 of the scoring I believe,
That beeing said, the act of the winners was good but not entertaining at all. Costume wise it was on point.
I liked the pokemon one it was the only funny one.
I didnt get most of the acts to be honest Didn't know what it was from.
Most of the music was Fucked on all the acts from what i got from it.
Chapo to the dancing act they went on without music for like half the act.
>>
>>9218749
I hoped that the pokemon one would win, they had the only act and costume that everyone instantly recognized.

Heard staff was not happy with the size of the costume.
>>
>>9218757
They said they made it in about a week or under. Sketchy as fuck.
>>
agree,

well then that ruins my plan for a hulkbuster.
Why would that be an issue??
>>
>>9218761
Part of the actual pokémon group here. Snorlax actually did not take about a week. Lot's of work was done beforehand (patterning etc.) but actual construction of foam and sewing take a week of non stop work.
Wake up, do obligations like work and then sleep and repeat.
>>
>>9218769
>>9218760
did take or did not take?
Looks bought. Didn't see any progress pictures.
Saying Sketchy aswell
>>
>>9218783
Construction itself took about a week. All the patterning for all the foam parts, fabric parts, prototyping and the trainer were done beforehand.

Building itself with 2 people isn't all that hard. It's cutting massive shapes and glueing those together. Afterwards you pull over a fabric condom.

If you want a progress album give it about a day or two. It will be put online.
>>
>>9218783
JEEZUUS FREKKING CHRIST.
How would a suit like that be bought.
I dare you to try and find a seller online who makes it like that.
Stupid cunt
>>
>>9218793
Is that a compliment xD?
>>
>>9218757
harley quinn and poison ivy were really recognizable too though. But pokemon is just being hyped still because of GO, so i get that.
>>
>>9218793
>what are cosplay commissioners
>>
>>9218821
People who would actually nail you to the shame post if you enter a competition with their shit and claim it as yours
>>
So, is anyone currently working on a new costume?
>>
>>9218820
I also really liked the batman act. Were the only one with a clear act imo
>>
>>9218820
Ow yeah, almost forgot about the poison ivy and harley.
Yes ofcourse I recognised that almost forgot about them.
>>
>>9218828
Yeah, they should've won
>>
>>9218861
Its not about how many people know the characters, but to be able to tell a story belonging to those characters with people who dont recognise it still understanding the act and be entertained. Thats the hardest part imho.
You always have to think as if no one has seen the series.
>>
>>9218867
again, costume was part of the score
>>
>>9218987
they did really show who the characters were, so in that case they did a great job
>>
>>9218995
While still talking about making your own performance, does Black44angel EVER think of her own acts instead of taking a part from the series and acting it out?
Why do people not complain about this, but all about Sakuraflor

Just saying
>>
>>9218995
I know, I loved the acts a lot. Some a bit better than others. I do think the alice act was indeed worthy of 1st place. I know nothing about the game but their act was really clear and their outfits really made their point even clearer.
>>
I did dislike that you didnt know who competed in which compo. Did I miss something there?
>>
By the way, I love looking at the polls every day. Seems like TomoBrian came by (4 sudden 1 scores for Abunai and Animecon, a few 9 and 10 scores for Tomo at the same day? I smell something seafood like.
>>
>>9218998
lol it's from a musical, not from the series. It's called guys and dolls, look it up.
>>
>>9219009
Don't forget someone rated Gamepitcon 9/10 in the others section...
>>
>>9217516
Yes they do hand out braces for free. You live in the Netherlands and can borrow those for free for at the thuiszorgwinkel without a doctors note for 90 days and extend it up to half a year then you pay like 2,50 a month
>>
Maybe it was a 10 in total:
1 point for TomoCon
2 points for TomoPlay
3 points for TomoParty
4 points for TomoFair
= 10
>>
>>9219033
really? we have to buy the crutches here because of new policies, so no more borrowing, you buy them, or you'll need to hop on down the road. Fuck where I live
>>
>>9219017
doesnt change the point of the Original comment lol.
still not self made or thought off
>>
>>9219063
they made it an act of their own, wasn't that also a thing pointed out earlier? I'd like to see the exact thing from the series or musical, if you can find it I'll be convinced.
>>
>>9219063>
>9218998

may I ask why you are lying and making shit up? Taking a soundtrack and writing an entire choreo on it is not taking a part from a series or recreating the scene in that musical. Don't be salty because someone can really get in character and deliver a selfwritten piece on an existing track. The fact that you think it's playing out something also shows that you fool yourself and that we actually did a great job. Yours truely, the green bitch that is already known for being on here. Still proud of our act, a little sad about these two comments.

All jokes and giggles aside, I really enjoyed the WCS and C4 competition and everybody was really nice backstage. I'm glad sakura and deathstrike got their fair chance on stage eventhough they had so many things going on. I watched the shows on the big screen backstage and everybody did a swell job and I liked the costumes. I know we had a big battle coming with our comicbook cosplays, but we had fun and made the best out of it.

now... inb4hate. Something about defending yourself on 4chan and how that backfires, here we go.
>>
>>9219072
thats what i was ASKING
i know some scenes she did for other acts were SCENES, which is why i was asking, reason the ? is there

But thnx for anwsering
>>
>>9219084
Welcome on 4chan, where 90% of the shit is made up from rumors
>>
>>9219084
I still dont know why people think it's a great idea to defend yourself here.....
>>
>>9219094
Oh well, i'm a person that speaks her mind, I'm super open, been on here a few times before saying who i am and frankly I'd rather do it this way knowing I might get hate but also knowing people may understand, thn just go and read this and do nothing and bitch about it to some friends. grabbing the bull by it's horns and all that jazz
>>
>>9219085
the emphasis on "ever" does not help. It makes it seem like a rhetorical question. But you're welcome
>>
>>9219009
I've noticed this as well but decided not to post about it to prevent them from getting more "creative". Looking at the individual responses I noticed that all these entries gave high ratings to Tomo, MGC and Nishicon, 1/10 ratings to Animecon and Abunai, and poor ratings to other cons. There also are some additional "legit looking" entries made in the same timespan (3 minutes before/after) as each shit entry made this morning, all of which giving Tomo (and Tomo alone) a higher average score while lowering the average scores of all other cons. In other words someone at Tomo/GameRoomS is being salty as fuck, or someone here is messing with the survey for teh lulz. Considering we have entries like "Sexual Orientation: Attack Helicopter" and " Belgian Female Pedo NEET" in there I'm going with the second. Either way these entries will not be used for the infograph and will be deleted all together.
>>
>>9219085
Its funny how you seem to go back on your own word. First you say 'does she ever' and then 'some acts'. Do you even try bro?
>>
Those cosplayers from the Pokémon Go act i heard ALOT of shit about them.
>>
>>9218998
Have you tried asking her, you judgemental fuck
>>
>>9218998
There are more cosplayers using scenes for there skit and nobody is talking about them.
>>
>>9219170
NICE!
Splill the drama please
>>
>>9219170
I really was beeing honest in the poll that I just visit this thread for the drama.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
>>
>>9219207
They got a big ego and mouth specially the guy!They just cosplaying over a year now and they think they one of the best cosplayers in the Netherlands, note i never won one a small compo. They talkend down beginner cosplayers when they themselfs are rookies too. I find it funny they enter themself into big compo's like WCS and C4.
>>
>>9219210
Me too! But im so done with that duo with there behavor, I really dont care about the rest of the cosplayers who entered but them?No keep a eye on CosplayNL when there is drama on it they always Responding.
>>
>>9219219
>>9218769
This guy, the girls BF with the tatoos.
He talks a lot of smack on CosplayNL
>>
>>9219223
I have seen those two.
Only the BF ever comments in CosplayNL
Not a clue who the other guy in the Pokemon suit was.
>>
>>9219085
Whatever you say dude, i personally love her skits and acts. At least they're enjoyable to watch as opposed to alot of other acts
>>
>>9219228
I actually know the guy personally, while he isnt a bad guy. He does tend to shoot off his mouth.

Gets annoyed at repeated questions far to easily and gets goaded in discussions quick. Doesn't really think he's above anyone else except for the fact that he believes people should go out and actually do shit.
>>
>>9219219
Sounds you got beef with them. I actually talked to them both at FirstLook, very down to earth people. Guy seemed really shy and didn't say much, the girl more outgoing and smiley.

She admitted to being the newb of the WCS group, and said herself that the quality of costumes of the other participants was a lot higher,
>>
>>9219225
Yeah he said things that really triggered me but i kept quiet until now. My friend has screenshots of the guy talking smack i ask if he can send it to me.
>>
>>9219238
Been a while since we had some good "achterklap" in here.

please do share the triggering, what are these people's names then we can all do a quick search in CosplayNL aswell
>>
>>9219237
No i dont, im a very quit person like the other Anon said i only read stuff on here.The BF wasnt i believe in the Snorlax costume, like i said before the tattoo BF talks alot of smack specially in CosplayNL.
>>
>>9219246
Who the fuck was the other guy then?
>>
>>9219247
The confusion is big!
>>
well that was disspointing. expected this to unravell faster.
Boils down that the 3 pokemon people are dicks.
>>
I never liked Ash, Misty and Brock.
>>
>>9219263
Don't know what you guys are on about! The evil tattoo guy always goes out of his way to come and see me if we are at a con together for a quick chat and a how do you do.
>>
The 3 pokemon people, I know them personally. They're good people. Followed their progress in a group chat. Snorlax was legit. They worked on it with 3 people, full time.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 540x849px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 540x849px
I blurred out his last name and the other stuff its about blackfacing in cosplay and i dont care about that, but what triggered me is what he said under it and how he says it! He talks like a person you find in " Nederland mij Vaderland".
>>
>>9219285
well give us the context atleast. you should show the top part aswell
>>
*reads it's about blackface and cosplay*
Oh hey Ximena + friends! Probably friends because Ximena is terrible at English.
>>
>>9219219
>>9219246
>>9219285

So let me get this straight...

The Pokemon Go WCS people are ego dick faces because their boyfriend the evil tattoo guy is supposedly racist and bitches in CosplayNL?

Dem Logics.
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 540x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 540x830px
>>9219288
Here is the full version
>>
>>9219295
Drama intensifies dude was watching Thread
>>
>>9219299
was the person in the suit a girl aswell?
>>
>>9219303
I have been reading the thread but I tend to lurk. That wasn't me.
>>
>>9219219
You have to admit the Snorlax was pretty cool and they weren't the worst,

I smell some jelly in here
>>
>>9219304
Could be!! lmao

But I think it was a guy
>>
>>9219312
I wasn't sure since people are saying the 2 pokemon people and the tatoo guy was the BF
>>
>>9219317
Homosexuality is a thing
>>
>>9219299
Gottta love this stuff.
started out with all of the pokemon people beeing dicks and talking down to other cosplayers.

In the end it boils down to one of them beeing rascist
>>
It's probably just Shannon being Ximena's minion again. Same ol' same ol'
>>
>>9219330
Isn't that the snooty bitch that was in that fags video from Animecon last year? Kind of het meelopertje thing going on.
>>
>>9218574
Thanks! I just watched it all, and the winners well deserved it it! They really stood out from the rest when it comes to making use of tools (like the beamer), and having an act that keeps your attention. It's something I can see compete with the other WCS countries. Btw are western things like Batman, Alice, and Overwatch allowed at the WCS? I thought only Japanese stuff was allowed, but I don't really know the rules in detail.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>9219302
lol he sounds like a total retard. Mad moxxi or phantom of the opera is not trying to imitate the skin tone of a white person. If they tried to cosplay Cammy with pinkish foundation or something, and put on a fake long nose, then you would get whiteface lol.
>>
So if you paint your face black without the big lips and wide nose it's not blackface because you are only putting the color on your skin and not the features associated with the race?
>>
>>9219342
Names and characters are arbitrary, yes his example could have been better but you could pretty much write down every white persons name in there and still make the same point.

Same could be said the other way btw.
>>
>>9219302
shit man now you fucked up.
and then to imagine this guy is a biology teacher at a high school.
fucking ace.
>>
>>9219342
Is this donald trump?
>>
>>9219354
How did he fuck up?
Not being against blackfacing =/= being a racist.
>>
>>9219354
Ok personal info is way against the rules

So this whole thing was not about the team that competed but just because you don't like one guy? Class act you got going on there.

Why so much hate jeeez H Christ talk it out personally or something
>>
>>9219362
Not to be a dick, but the screenshot with his first name and avatar is a lot of personal info too because come on, how many people here won't recognize that.
>>
>>9219335
In the prelims it is. Because now the finals are 10 months appart. It didnt happen back at Animecon because it was only 1 month away. Also dont forget that some competed for the C4
>>
>>9219352
But nobody paints their face white to cosplay ethnically white characters, just characters with white face paint. There's a difference between painting your face white to cosplay the Joker and wearing white makeup to cosplay Bruce Wayne. Nobody actually does the latter.
>>
[img]https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg[/img]
>>
>>9219763
...Were you trying to post a reaction image?
>>
>>9219835
Someone please triforce!
>>
>>9219763
Hello newfriend
>>
File: mcmuffin_800x596px_1.png (535KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
mcmuffin_800x596px_1.png
535KB, 800x596px
The McDonalds over at the N-road near Nishicon was quite nice, except it was a ~900m walk.
>>
>>9219893
They look so awesome here!
>>
>>9219835
actually yes, but 4chan uses weird forum syntaxes that aren't documented anywhere.

>>9219893
yezz it is me! ze allmighty tomomaruk! (nope not really)
>>
>>9219914
TomoMaruk. I like this name.
>>
File: 1469843924634.jpg (31KB, 476x471px) Image search: [Google]
1469843924634.jpg
31KB, 476x471px
>>9219914
Well that's just fucking embarrassing isn't it.

>>9219905
Nobody in that picture looks awesome, anon.
>>
>>9219959
Haha. You took that serious?
>>
>>9219961
lrn2english, lrn24chan and in the meantime, fuck off
>>
>>9219961
>I was just pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>9219962
You can do that yourself. I'm quite enjoying myself here on cgl.
>>
>>9219905
Again... you don't have to take this comment serious. OK, next subject.
>>
File: 1476353613723.jpg (48KB, 376x444px) Image search: [Google]
1476353613723.jpg
48KB, 376x444px
>>9219972
>next subject
NO
>>
>>9219977
OK OK. Please continue.
>>
File: boku_no_pico_by_deidaralicious.png (17KB, 475x372px) Image search: [Google]
boku_no_pico_by_deidaralicious.png
17KB, 475x372px
>>
>>9219033

Did you watch her video? I'm talking about the BRACE around her legs that she shows, not her crutches you retard.
>>
>>9219269
kek
>>
>>9219359
what if i told you, a lot of people that are being all politically correct about racism openly on social media are often racist behind closed doors themselves. Especially when behind closed doors with only their best buds. Seen that too many times to count. Its all just about picking the side you have stakes in the propaganda. So you can take that pretentious hypocrite bullshit elswhere for all I care.
>>
>>9219359
Except it is.
>>
>>9220092
As a black person i can say.
We are wayyy more racesit than white people. And behind closed doors its even worse.
I find it rediculous that the same people complaining about BLM go around doing and saying the same thing abou latinos, asians and whites.
Having a white boyfriemd I have even had the "arnt black guys good enough for you anymore" and "good that your making the race better" and the best part "you are getting white washed" everytime i burst their we are rhe victim bubvle.
>>
>>9220093
Good to know I am racist as well then.

I am pretty fine with people chosing to blackface in the cosplay world. They do it with the intention to look more like a specific character, not to make a racial statement. Unlike you.
>>
>>9219630
That was my point when posting >>9219342, but I guess it went over >>9219352's head.
>>
>>9220092
Yeah because everyone is pretentious.... not. Just because your buds are pretentious, doesn't mean everyone is.

I hate it when people say stuff like 'omg you're being politically correct' when I just give my opinion. Like no bitch, I'm just speaking my mind.
>>
>>9220209
When you finally learn to read you will see that the word everyone only exists in your post and not mine.
>>
Cheap halloween ideas!
>>
>>9220300
Casual katara
>>
>>9220300
>Zombie
Take some old clothes, rip them up with a knife, wear them and roll around the mud. Don't forget to add some fake blood as well and makeup (grimas) is a must.

>Mad Scientist
Take some sciency clothes out of your closet, wear some welding goggles with clear lenses and put your hair up like Doc Brown. Grimas can be used to make your hair look more grey and washes out easily with shampoo.

>The Dude
Buy a long curly wig at a party store and let is soak in wasverzachter for a few days to remove the shine. Wear shorts, dark sunglasses, a shirt, slippers and your badjas and you'll be set. Don't forget to drink White Russians tho, that's the best prop you can have. And yes, badjasses are warm and comfy as fuck.

>Pokegirl
Open your closet, done!

>>9220302
I actually bought censorship glasses after all the casual Katara and Animecon gun law violation jokes...
>>
>>9220278
You are stating 'a lot' at first, but pretty much the rest of the post you are pretty much talking as if everyone is like that. If you really don't want to sound biased, then you should choose different words for that.
>>
Halloween party in my town, guess who is going to wear a shitty cosplay and get hammered for 15 euro entry including drinks? this gal here.
>>
>>9220469
fuck paying entry, fuck yeah to drinking in old cosplays though!
>>
>>9220185
I've actually, actively been listening to PoC and how they feel about blackface. It's not my place, as a white person, to judge how they should feel about that. Their feelings are just as valid as mine. I used to think like you, thinking it was a 'respectful homage to the character'. Except it isn't really.

Of course, some will think differently. But from most of the conversations I've had with various PoC, blackface for cosplay is still blackface and they're not comfortable with it.

All I can do is respect that. It's not that hard. Lots of black characters are still recognisable with their costume, you still know who it is, without the need to paint the face black.

It's just a matter of respect. And I just listen to what the actual people say and how they feel about it, instead of using my privileged position to decide that their feelings are invalid.
>>
>>9220519
>I've actually, actively been listening to PoC
on tumblr instead of anybody living in the real world.
Am I right?
>>
>>9220534
Nah mate, as an Asian PoC, I get >>9220519
here. I do get cosplay is kind of a tricky one though. Mostly I try to compare it with yellowface and judge then. But if you look at for example this tutorial of Venus Angelic, 'How to look like a Korean girl': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kMe9Fih-_U In the end, she doesn't look Korean, she just looks like a White girl with fancy make-up. She simply just doesn't look like an Asian, so I don't get the point of trying. With blackface it's the same. Those people don't pass for a Black person, they just look like White people with a very unnatural skin tone. Asians trying to cosplay White characters come the closest to passing (since making a soft/flat face more harsh/3D is easier than the other way around). But even those cosplayers look still look Asian (especially when compared next to White people).
>>
>>9220683
that comment just made me realize that all these "hot asian cosplayers" are just doing the same thing but are somewhat the only group that is accepted to do so, to put it short.

Really this entire discussion is not something I keep busy with, because you just can't change people's minds that easily. I don't blackface, don't really care for people who do so. At the end of the day it's not the white folks that get to speak for the PoC, sure your opinion may be given, but somehow I always notice that the people shouting the loudest about these kinds of matter are white people themselves.
>>
>>9220534
Nope, you're wrong. But I get that the idea that people talk about this stuff outside of tumblr is rather wild to you. That's ok, we all have to learn.
>>
>>9220519
By this logic we should be more considerate for the Christians who genuinely feel uncomfortable with the homosexual community, since they truly feel it is one of the most unnatural things in life.
Or sexual education should be abolished in the US and UK, because there is quite a large group that genuinely and truly believes that it causes their teens to get sexually active and become homosexual. Even in the Netherlands there is a small group which believes sexual education ruins our teens.
While we are at it, there are people that think vaccinations is the drugcompany's way to extort money and create dependancy. Vaccination is a fraud to give us a false feeling of safety. Some say vaccinations give us autism.

You get the point here? People see monsters where they WANT to see monsters.

At some point people should realise that some things - like blackfacing (whether it looks silly or not) are just effective means and disregard the UNFOUNDED feelings behind them. Whether these feelings are real or not.
>>
>>9221080
Uhm no. Not that anon, but clearly you're coming up with nonsense arguments here. Blackfacing stems from bullying Black people. Homosexuals don't bully Christians. Sex education doesn't bully teenagers into sex. Vaccinations don't bully our bodies.

Let's say someone is mocking you, do you feel offended? Probably. Do you want that person to stop that? Probably.
>>
Can we stop with the annoyijg (never ending) debate on racism..
Anyone wants to post W.i.p.s, cosplays, anything??
>>
Im going to Antwerp today, anyone know good /cgl/ related places? Or places where I can get drunk cheaply for that matter
>>
>>9221096
These are not nonsense arguments, these are actual train of thoughts of people.

Someone who wants to be a more darker Korra is not bullying a black person, she or he is just trying to look more like the character. That is all, no deeper meaning whatsoever.

It is the other people that are making it into something that they take offense in. Just like (some) Christians take offense into homosexuals. Just like some people take offense into smoking or breastfeeding.

Like I said, people who have an issue with blackfacing in cosplay are CHOSING to make it an issue, which is totally not its intention.
You can argue all you like about calling them inconsiderate and/or insensitive, it might be true, it might be oversensitive. But it is full on bullshit on calling it racist or condoning racism.
>>
>>9221108
Albert Heyn huismerk beer. Cheapest bang for your buck if you don't mind drinking piss.
>>
>>9221109
>>9221103
>>
>>9221108
Mekanik on the Sint-Jacobsmarkt 73 is one of the best comic stores in the Benelux. Definitely worth a visit even if it's just for window shopping.
>>
>>9221109
Korra is Inuit aka ASIAN (or Mongoloid if you wanna use the outdated term which is considered racist now). That's not an example of blackface to begin with. Her skin isn't that dark, White people with that skin tone end up looking like a Hispanic/Arab/Indian rather than an Inuit, though. I know some Black people might complain about it being blackface, but those are just retards that think that every dark skinned character is Black. These even think Yoruichi from Bleach is Black, though she's just a dark-skinned Japanese character. That said, there are also plenty of retarded White people that think Ichigo is White, so on both sides you can find people who are too dumb to figure out the race of the character.

That said, a White person blackfacing Storm of X-Men would be legit. And no that person maybe doesn't try to bully Black people, but there obviously have been versions of blackface that intentionally did that. So you can't say that blackface as a whole is a thing some people take offense into. Blackface as a whole, is pretty degrading to Black people. And other anon was talking about that from how I read it. Also the thing I think that offends people too in regards to cosplay, is when people blackface Storm and then legit think they look like a Black person, when they clearly don't look like one compared to actual Black people. I guess it's kinda like how Ushi looks Asian to White people, but definitely not Asian to actual Asian people.
>>
as a person of colour can you kindly shut the fuck up about fucking zwarte piet or whatever the fuck set you all off because holy shit is this a tired as fuck "argument" that's nothing more than fucking "is raycis" vs "no is not!!!"

>>9221157
>Mongoloid
>irony

talk about upcoming fucking events, who of you dutchies coming to FACTS
>>
>>9221160
I am!!! Kinda excited to meet Yaya Han at the judging!
>>
>>9221160
I wrote that just in case people go like "but Inuit are not in Asia". The race is also called Asian, because the only other option would be Mongoloid or Oriental (aka offensive). Fun fact: Native Americans are also Asian when it comes to race. Fun fact 2: Indians are not Asian when it comes to race. Fun fact 3: people on 4chan will talk about whatever they want to talk about.
>>
File: dutchgirl-72.jpg (317KB, 425x602px) Image search: [Google]
dutchgirl-72.jpg
317KB, 425x602px
Look what i found! Made by Dutch - Japanese illustrator Noriko Aoki
>>
>>9221206
She is Japanese and a mangaka as well, but lives in the Netherlands.
>>
>>9221166
I was quite disappointed with Yaya when I met her, but I hope you have a good time and experience.
>>
Who cares about cons, lets talk about sextapes other than the Abunai and the special edition one. Any video's out there to fap too?
>>
>>9221301
Go to /r/
>>
Official no bra day!!! Share your stories of happy feelings
>>
>>9221352
happy feeling: I wore my nicest bra all day feeling sexy af
>>
>>9221352
Everyday is no bra day for me...
>>
>>9221352
Jiggly bewbs, jiggly bewbs, that's a happy story for ya
>>
>>9221357
Ohhh I should actually buy a new set of lingerie. Because you are right, sexy lingerie does make you feel sexy af!!!
>>
>>9221352
The first time I found a bra that properly fit me. Suddenly they look a lot better on me.
>>
Let's talk about cmv's for a minute. I just found one that's so cringy that I couldn't get past the first fucking minute.

Anyone else seen a cringy one like that?
>>
>>9221206
Looks worse than half of the things I see on /ic
>>
>>9221480
dont leave us hanging and post it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flSDOYUDO3Y

*cringe*
>>
>>9221458
Too bad its hard to fine nice ones for a FF/G cup size.
>>
>>9221554
>FF/G cup
Your back must be killing you...
>>
>>9221558
Wow, it's another guy who doesn't know how cup sizes work. 28G isn't particularly huge. Larger than average, yes, but not to the extent it would cause back problems.
>>
>>9221566
>28G
My bad, I was assuming you were talking in Dutch sizes like 85D. Having a F cup here pretty much means "fuck fuck fuck my back is killing me".
>>
>>9221584
85 band size is for obese-chans. Most normal-sized girls in the Netherlands are wearing the wrong bra size, a 60G is entirely manageable. Unless that poster is a fatty, they're probably fine.
>>
>>9221584
85D is just an average chubster size, not particularly big and very unlikely to cause back pain. 28G would be 70G here and is a lot bigger. Not sure about back pain but I can't imagine how hard it must be to find cute bras in that size.

Why are we talking about bras, anyway? How are they /cgl/ related?
>>
>>9221586
>>9221587
85D was just an example here, mostly as one of my exes had it; "85D, no padding, no push up, no raffles (kanten franjes) on the sides as they irritate my skin and you better feel if the fabric is smooth before you buy it for me!" is still engraved in my brains after talk these years. But like I said, Dutch F cup is back pain territory. I know at least three girls who had a F cup and underwent breast reductions for that very reason.
But yes, I don't know much about bra sizes just like most girls don't know much about say, condom sizes.
>>
>>9221586
I could never find a 60 band size in NL ever. If I did, it was cup A or AA. That does NOT fit. I'm a 60DD, or as I found out here; 30DD. (yes hello, it me)
>>
File: brasizes.jpg (40KB, 366x640px) Image search: [Google]
brasizes.jpg
40KB, 366x640px
>>9221599
Basically it works like this:

measurement around the back below the breasts = x
measurement around the back and nipples = y
y-x = difference between the 2 measurements.

Then there's a table that shows which cupsize goes with the answer you got out of that little formula. I don't know the cm/in - to - cupsize ratio on top of my head, but that's how it basically works.

which means that a 30F in cup 'volume' is the same as a 38C, but it has to be compensated due to the larger bandsize. Does that make sense?
>>
File: Maattabel_NL.jpg (63KB, 508x200px) Image search: [Google]
Maattabel_NL.jpg
63KB, 508x200px
>>9221627
Thanks Anon, your explanation combined with this table (with Dutch sizes) made it crystal clear to me. Still, for the sake of convenience I'll just stick to asking my next GF which size she wears and if there's anything I need to keep in mind when buying her a bra as a gift.
>>
>>9221587
So what if I am a chubster. Still getting more D than most stick figures i know, moterboating and titf!@#ing is a fettish.

My bra is big enough that you can use each cup as a hat for an adult male :v
I usualy pay close to 100~150 for a bra but hey as a working gal I can aford them.
>>
>>9221662
This is exactly what I ( >>9221617) mean. My size just doesn't even exist. It just goes n/a. DD doesn't even go in between there. I've asked at several shops if they carry 60DD and the answer was always a painful expression and a '..no, I'm sorry...'
>>
To all the Anons in a previous thread giving me advice on a DIY duct tape mannequin, you were right about everything! How hot it gets, how you need loads of tape to keep it intact and even how you need to add small layers of pur so it doesn't explode on itself or loses its shape. In other news, my ass is flat.
>>
>>9221663
Go away, disgusting fatty. No one cares.
>>9221669
I'm literally wearing a 65E now and I bought it in the Netherlands. That chart is bullshit. You just need to go to more specialised stores.
>>
>>9221701
Funny thing is that the chart came from the Hunkenmöller website while they actually sell 65C, 65D and 65E on it.
>>
>>9221694
It's a lot harder to get an accurate shape than online tutorials make it seem! I'm wide but shallow (not sure how to say this) but the foam filled the shape out to all sides, so it ended up looking like a very bloated version of me. I ended up throwing it away because it wasn't going to be useful. Is yours useable at least? Maybe you could pad the ass part if necessary.
>>
>>9221715
It definitely does look a lot easier online, but then again everything does. I'm using separate pieces for each limb with metal bars to connect everything together as it felt more convenient. So far I've only filled one arm, the easiest part to remake, and it ended up "okay". I added the pur in layers while applying counter pressure with my free hand which seems to be crucial in maintaining it's shape without using like 20 layers of cheap duct tape, so the torso piece is definitely going to be a challenge.
Still, I can already tell this method isn't useful if you need a precise copy of yourself but it will probably (hopefully) work okay for the bulky armour I'm planning. Otherwise I'll just have to make a wooden skeleton of myself (woodworking is my jam) and add foam on top of it or something...
>>
>>9221701
Ooh did i hit a snare. Did a chubster steal your D stick figure.

Btw Doutze Kroes wears a 75B ;) and most people will agree she is not a chubster.
>>
>>9221701
I've asked in every store in our city if they carried that size. They didn't. Even the specialised one who had bigger sizes, only meant bigger cupsizes for bigger bandsizes, in the range that the other stores didn't carry.

When I was on a weektrip to London I went to stores there and Boux Avenue carried my size. As in; they measured me, got me bras to try on etc. Every store in NL stopped looking for me the moment they got my bandsize. I'm not a 65, I'm a 60.
>>
>>9222158
85 is 10cm bigger than 75, and Doutzen is 1.80m tall. Are you?
But by all means tell us more about all the dicks you've had in you. That will show us!
>>
people talking about their bra size and how they don't hurt their back... and my 75D is killing me every once in a while.... give me that strong back please?
>>
>>9222167
Yes, Londen is a good place to go for this. I heard that even for big sizes this is the place to be! And it is cheaper than in the Netherlands.
>>
May I also say that bandsize doesnt always mean you are fatter that someone else (up untill a certain size, obviously). Ribcages are a thing you know, and some are build different than others, that's the beauty of nature, no?
>>
i'm a fatty-chan with a smaller cup, no fancy bra's for me.
>>
>>9222304
Try shoulder, chest and back workouts. Calisthenics are your friend.
>>
>>9221663
I'm slim, have a 70A, and I can get both men and modeling offers with that. Do we have to make this a competition?

That said, 85 is big, but calling it obese is clearly overreacting. I think that for the Netherlands, when it comes to Primark, H&M, and stuff, 65~85 are the usual sizes. In Japan it's more like 65~75/80 though. Tough luck for people with 60, even Japan can't help you (65F is like the closest that comes to other anon's size).
>>
>>9222344
Oh oops I forgot that in Japan sizes are one up. Meaning my 70A = 70B in Japan. But it also means 65F = 65E in Western countries.
>>
>>9222344
You can get 65G and 65H in tutuanna sometimes - I was SUPER surprised (they were on clearance as no-one over there is that size) as one of my best friends is a 28FF/30F in UK sizing so I bought her the 65H as a laugh thinking it would be too small for her since the cup sizes are pretty tiny, but to both our surprises it fit her pretty well.
>>
So how's Imagicon?
>>
>>9222368
Apparently not interesting enough as they don't sell bra's.
>>
>>9222421
At least FirstLook sold sextoys!
>>
Anyone at imagicon want to chat? Is pretty boring here.
>>
>>9222358
Wow, that's nice! I guess tutuanna is a bit more specialized then.

>>9222421
I lolled
>>
there was a wigworkshop at imagicon which was apparently fun. i missed it though. im just hanging out with friends mostly
>>
>>9222348
Nah, japan and europe share the same sizechart afaik, the bras i ordered from japan fit well.
>>
>>9221715
Quick follow up, I just completed all the other parts. It's definitely more bulky than the real me, especially around the stomach but at least I'll have plenty of room to breathe once I use or to make the foam armor. Still, in retrospect it would had been way easier to just modify a (broken) mannequin from Marktplaats. 4/10, would only recommend if you're not willing to spend a lot of money and feel like spending a day in a cold garden shed.
>>
>>9222564

I have made 3 of these mannequins already and all of them have been made in under half a day. Stuffing can be done with furniture foam (which is both cheaper and allows the tape to hold it's form better).

If you layer your tape correctly, and cross it you don't need a billion layers.
>>
File: 1470007987723.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1470007987723.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
This thread has reached its bump limit and so the Red String of Faith is here to guide you to the new thread at >>9222766
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.