[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Weekend Atlanta - Post Convention Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

Old thread >>9196076
>>
Something that's bothering me about AWA is how the rest of the staff seemed to treat the fashion track staff. It seemed like they were overworked, had volunteers who had no idea what they were doing, and weren't given enough help backstage/before/after the fashion show. I know it's an anime convention, but having a brand like Meta as a guest is a huge deal.

All in all, I loved every other lolita I met but I was a bit disappointed with the fashion track programming. There were also very few j-fashion panels and no j-fash specific swap meet (was not about to wait in that huge line for the SHFS...). Idk, I was just expecting more since Atlanta comm seems so big and active.

The tea party was excellent though. Certainly worth the price, if not just for the fact that everyone won at least one raffle prize lol
>>
Now that the con is over and everything has processed...

1. The fashion show. I modeled for the Meta show, it was not a good experience. It was the most disorganized and unprofessional show I've ever done. They told us there would be make up artists...and not to bring your make up. Just wear your base make up and be there at 7-8am. Firstly, they told us the wrong location to meet, which wasted the time of the only make up artist who showed up. She had to leave at 9am...and once we were given correct information it was almost 8. She did maybe 4-5 peoples make up. People that COULD do their own at that. She left and no others came in. I would rather them of told me to arrive at 10am with my make up done than waste our time the way they did. A lot of us didn't even bring our make up since we were told not to. A few girls had to go back to their hotels (not on property) to get it.

2. Once we get into main events (50% dangerous was there, I assume they practiced a lot because they did really well on stage. They however were not provided mirrors to do their make up.) We had about an hour to go over everything, which normally would be fine. However, only the designer and translator were there. There were 2 volunteers backstage steaming dresses. WHERE WAS THE EVENTS MANAGER??? The translator pretty much had to run the show, I felt really bad for her, she looked incredibly stressed. We did our walk through, it was pretty slow, everyone wanted to make sure they weren't going to fuck up...I get it. They turn off the lights and start seating people. Which is fine and all except WE ARE NOT DRESSED. We're practicing in our petticoats and tank tops.

1/2
>>
>>9214985

3. WE GET DRESSED IN THE FUCKING DARK. And you can clearly see that based on how many petticoats were hanging out on that stage. I was so embarrassed for the Meta designer. I was embarrassed for those models. Meta deserves better than that. There was speculation that some models were not even lolitas. It seemed like a few people's first show. The rumor mill has it that some staff participated in the show instead of running it. I don't know if that is true or not.

4. Once the show ended they gave us like 15 minutes to take some selfies and to give back the garments. We were told when we signed up there would be professional images taken of us as compensation for being models. This didn't happen. I was frustrated, as were many models. I will never participate in any AWA event again.

TEAPARTY: I did not go to the tea party, I saw a mini video on instagram. It looked like maybe around 20 people were there total. If this is true, I can only imagine how much a financial hit they took not filling those seats. Also what was up with those decorations!? Firstly, the toy box theme, okay fine...but can we at least make it look classy instead of using some age play looking, preschool quality decorations? It just really grinds my gears. I am glad that everyone who attended had a good time. And that everyone won something.

I would not be surprised if Meta decided not to come back. From my stand point it doesn't seem like AWA cared.

2/2
>>
File: surejan.w529.h352.jpg (41KB, 381x254px) Image search: [Google]
surejan.w529.h352.jpg
41KB, 381x254px
>>9214966
>tea party was excellent

$80 for party city decorations and being surrounded by itas.
>>
>>9214985
>>9215000
Another model here. I agree with a lot of this. It seemed a little disorganized. I mean 50% Dangerous's designers got stuck in an elevator for a lot of the morning and they pulled it together fairly well.

I think the biggest part of it is that they did not prepare for what could go wrong. I feel like no event will ever go 100% and you need to think fast and on your feet when something does not go according to plan. Instead of sitting around twiddling our thumbs while the make-up artists did not show up, I'd much rather have been directed to go practice in main events. Shit happens. Sometimes shoes will break, sometimes you'll lose an item or something, sometimes people won't show up but you've got to make it work.

As for some staff being in the show, I don't really recall any staff members participating in the actual show on stage. Most people seemed experienced save for myself (I've done behind the scenes but never on stage) and maybe two or three others, there were hardly any first time models.
>>
>>9215033
>there were hardly any first time models.
HA.
>>
>>9215039
Most people I interacted with said that they'd done this sort of thing before. I could have misinterpreted, they could have played themselves up, or I didn't really talk with everyone. There were a lot of people who said they hadn't done a brand show but I remember quite a few saying they did indie shows and stuff.

Either way, I feel like due to the rush we all sort of lacked polish.
>>
>>9215066
>due to the rush
>but not due to the petticoats hanging out

If the majority were actual lolitas or models, why the fuck were there pettis hanging out every round? I'm not talking visible pettis because of low audience angle, but pettis hanging below the fucking hem of the dress. It was a god damn disgrace.
>>
>>9215240
This. Every model in anything ever needs at least a quick checkover before going onstage. I don't care if you're running behind - I'd rather see the package well-presented than be disappointed because no one gave a thought to checking.
>>
File: IMG_4331.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4331.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Didn't get to take many photos this time around, but I'll post what I have.
>>
File: IMG_4332.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4332.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9215258
>>
>>9215033
Staff may not have been in the show, but some of those girls should not have been there. All those dresses were sold after the show and I couldnt help but feel bad for the poor sap who was going to buy stretched to fuck socks and outfits...
>>
>>9215240
Like I said, we got dressed in the dark. There were literally two spot lamps so the designer could tie our waist ties. You couldn't see the disaster until it hit the runway.

>>9215272
The socks were collected and were not allowed to be sold. The dresses and blouses however were, the models actually bought a fair amount of what went on stage.
>>
>>9215033
>>9215039
Lmao the 50% dangerous show was hilarious.
There was one model who walked out looking at the floor the entire time, slouched, and arms pinned to her side. Pretty much no real posing either.
And two other models were just as meh as her.
The "good" models were cringy as fuck trying too hard to be "high fashion"
Also like why do they refuse to say visual-kei. Wtf is Japanese Performance Fashion??

The idoru's were cute

Tbh I only remember seeing one girl with her petticoat hanging super awfully low. A couple of other girls had some peeking but I didn't think it was THAT distracting.
Most of the lolitas modeled better than the 50% dangerous people did imho.
>>
File: timetostopposting.png (111KB, 508x376px) Image search: [Google]
timetostopposting.png
111KB, 508x376px
>>9215240
You were given a viable explanation that anyone who was backstage could have given you but yet you're still whining about no one was a ~*real luhlita*~ or model.
>>
File: 1001161914.jpg (794KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1001161914.jpg
794KB, 2240x1344px
Wish I actually remembered to bring my camera :/ Not only is not phone camera not great, but it refused to focus, so some of my pictures are super blurry. ugh.

And, ok, fine, since *no one else* mentioned this, I'll ask. On sunday, did anyone else hear over the loud speaker in the vender room for "hairy balls" to come to the front area? I swear it sounded like he said "hairy bowl" or something like that.
>>
File: DSC06914-2.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06914-2.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>9215294
Some Itas from Sunday
>>
>>9215348
>>
>>9215348
I... actually like the Horror Garden/Sweet Room coord? There are things I can nitpick (fit, skirt length, legwear, shoes), but it's not bad. The other two are embarrassing.
>>
>>9215359
It's all embarrassing, anon.
>>
Neither if the two girls I know who were in the show were lolitas, but I honestly think that's irrelevant if the people producing the show handled everything right. If they thought they needed or wanted lolitas, they would have put that on the application form. All I remember from glancing at it was measurements, usable wigs you owned, and photos. That said, I didn't see the show this year so I can't really say anything about the event itself.
>>
>>9215348
>>9215359
Are you blind? They all look fine. These are nice skirt coords.
>>
>>9215348
You wanna talk itas, look at this shit.
>>
File: DSC06912-2.jpg (990KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06912-2.jpg
990KB, 1000x1500px
>>9215394
...this burns my eyes from the overexposure.
>>9215358
Also, I posted
>>9215348
and I had no idea ita was a derogatory term! I apologize and did not mean to insult them, I 100% thought it was well, a shorted term! I am sorry and I didn't mean to post bait I swear!
>>
>>9215348
>>9215409
This smells of vendetta anon.
>>
File: IMG_0193.jpg (89KB, 462x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
89KB, 462x832px
>>9215409
>using a word you had no clear understanding of
I won't lie this made me laugh.
Ita is short for "itai" which loosely translates to "painful" or "pain" in Japanese.
So when you call someone ita, you're calling them painful to look at, i.e. Cringe, shitty cord, shitty overall appearance
>>
>>9215409
Oh anon. "Ita" is for "itai", as in a coord so hideous it hurts to look at.
>>
Did anyone get a picture of the Sonya Blade (pic related version) or any of the Yoko Littners?

I saw the Sonya a couple of times from afar and wanted to get her picture but I was in heels and didn't want to chase after her, but now I can't find any pictures of her online. Same thing with one of the Yokos.
>>
Which one of your shat on the way home?
>>
>>9215240
Another model here. Once the garments had been steamed, we were under very strict instructions when dressing. They insisted on putting the petticoats on us for fear of wrinkling. I had to tell the person who put mine on to pull it up higher only because it felt low, not because I could visibly see it peeking. It didn't help that there was one very tiny mirror and 20 of us.

The "models not being lolitas" thing was blown out of proportion, and I suspect it could be jealousy over not getting picked. I hate when people cry jealousy but in this case, I wouldn't disbelieve it. It wasn't a requirement on the application so they can't really be faulted. I agree with what >>9215365 said, it's up to the people producing the show to make sure everything is up to standard.

>>9215000
Wait what...? I thought that "professional photos" meant the ones taken by the photographer during the show. I was expecting to be emailed high quality shots. Are you telling me there will be none? That is really, really upsetting. I was hoping to add these to my portfolio in case I chose to apply to a brand show again.
>>
Implying 50% even gave a shit about anyone else except for themselves and their leech idol group. They only came for a free badge, room and to push around like they were some hotshot guest. Whoever does the guests for this con needs to be fired and anyone associated with these faggots banned for scamming the community.
>>
The parking situation was amazing.
>>
>>9215000
There were lots of photographers that were looking to take pictures of your coords, myself included.

But, you guys were walking around in a parade through the park area like you were hot shit, so I was turned off.

If you acted less stuck up, you'd get photos.
>>
>>9215394
This just seems like a badly taken photo, what's ita about it?
>>
>>9220133
I talked to many lonelitas when I was out of lolita and they were nice to me?

Only one person with a nicer camera asked me for picture the entire weekend and I gladly posed.
I'm a lonelita which might have something to with it if they wanted groups, but I don't believe there "were lots" looking. If they were, they weren't looking very hard because they missed tons of nice cuties.
>>
File: DSC06955-2.jpg (1015KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06955-2.jpg
1015KB, 1000x1500px
>>9220645
What was your cord, I might have taken a picture of you
>>
>>9220645
I was wearing classic; a mint floral dress with a clock purse, long curly blonde wig, and a mint floral headband.
>>
wasn't a mint floral dress stolen from the dealers room?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.