[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New coord help thread since old one hit limit: >>91512

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 80

File: tumblr_muplhyyR7L1qkxyneo1_1280.jpg (286KB, 786x1048px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muplhyyR7L1qkxyneo1_1280.jpg
286KB, 786x1048px
New coord help thread since old one hit limit: >>9151252
If you're new to lolita, read here first before posting: http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
>>9204659
>black with navy

#triggered
>>
File: help.jpg (284KB, 1049x800px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
284KB, 1049x800px
Ooh, great, I just needed this thread
So I'm getting this JSK and vest, because I kinda fell in love with it, but I'm really unsure about how to coord it. I'm generally pretty bad when it comes to coording, but usually I can just go of the print of the dress...

I'm not sure if I should go with wine or brown for shoes or something else
I made a quick collage with the ideas I have, if anyone could give me some concrit or ideas, I'd appreciate it a lot!

Also, I know nothing really matches, I'll obviusly make sure the things I get actually match, I just wanna know what colors to go with, and what style on the shoes...

Oh, and lastly, all the shoes except the bodyline boots come in both brown, navy and wine, so I can pick them in different colors

>inb4 shit taste or whatever
Yes I know, that's why I'd prefer to get other peoples thoughts before ordering..
>>
>>9204670
I think coording primarily with wine will look great. I like both of the heels you have posted, more than the boots.
>>
>>9204670
IMO those stockings look out of place. Bare legs with nice ankle socks, or if you want the warmth, maybe some fleshtone stockings.

To be really honest I always think those particular stockings look very cheap.
>>
>>9204677
The only problem is that I feel like a red bag would look a bit too much since it sits over the vest.. You know what I mean? Would it be okay with wine shoes and headwear, and the brown bag, or should I find a wine bag anyways?

>>9204682
Yeah, I had a lot of trouble finding good legwear.. I tought of ankle socks, but I've always gotten the impression that a lot of people dislike bare legs with lolita?
I was also considering a pair of stockings I own that are white with kinda embroidered (not really embroidered but can't think of any better way to describe it) details on the sides, but I know a lot of people don't think plain single colored stockings look bad..

Thank you both for your feedback and help!
>>
File: ringmaster coord.jpg (208KB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ringmaster coord.jpg
208KB, 900x1100px
I'm putting this together for a potential Halloween meetup but I've hit a rut on accessories, any suggestions?
>>
>>9204773
Go full ringmaster
Something with batons and lions comes to mind, but I can't give you specific examples.
>>
>>9204773
This screams hot topic to me
>>
>>9204778
not that anon, but how does all that brand "scream" HT? don't be an ass.
>>
>>9204785
Because it looks tacky as fuck? People are allowed to have different opinions, if you don't like it then sorry.
>>
>>9204773
Some people on here might give you shit about that tiny top hat.
Either use that jacket or the skirt, but not both. I feel like a little bit of clashing in a Halloween coord could potentially work but those two really don't fit together in my opinion.
I won't lie, the look does suggest Hot Topic. I would suggest trying to distance yourself from that style as you continue developing this
And I agree with the other anon, go full ringmaster. I remember a trend from a while ago with batons, wands and staves in lolita. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but it might be fun to hand make one since it's Halloween and all.
>>
File: ringmaster coord.jpg (192KB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ringmaster coord.jpg
192KB, 900x1100px
>>9204774
>>9204778
>>9204803
Replaced the skirt with something more solid! I was thinking of using a baton to carry around, I'll start looking around for that as well.
>>
>>9204849
you should use a full size hat instead of a mini one.
>>
>>9204773
>>9204849
Personally I like the patterned skirt more, mostly because it's halloween, go crazy and mix patterns.
>>
>>9204849
I prefer this skirt to the previous one, because as >>9204803 said the two prints looked odd together. I'd also have to agree with >>9204854. I think I full sized top hat would look much better. Plus you could have fun decorating it to fit your theme.
>>
File: help.jpg (106KB, 602x612px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
106KB, 602x612px
My original idea was to make a coord loosely based on turn-of-the-century nurse uniforms, but I couldn't find any decent caps and it just doesn't feel right. I do like the look of the OP+JSK though, so if this idea is irredeemable, could I get suggestions on what I could use that as a base for?

Otherwise, should I wear ivory, grey, or black socks with this, and does anyone have links/tutorials for better nurse caps?
>>
>>9204682
>>9204689
>ankle socks with long sleeves
anon please
>>
>>9204854
>>9205018
Alright, I'll keep an eye out for a full-sized hat also. I decorated a witch hat last year so I wouldn't mind decorating this one, I could use little elements related to a ringmaster and a circus.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll try my best to update and come back for more feedback!
>>
>>9205144
Is the dress brown/gray? If so I'd switch the shoes to dark brown.
>>
>>9205206
They're both grey/black, my room's lighting is really yellow for some reason.
>>
>>9205145
Oh, yeah, didn't think of that. I'm probably gonna stick with long sleeves, do you have any suggestions for legwear?
>>
>>9204670
This looks really cosy for autumn/winter!
I'd definitely go with the wine colours instead of the browns.

Like some of the other anons I don't like the tights, I don't know where you live but I think cable knit effect wool tights or just wool tights in general would look super cute and cosy.
>>
>>9205394
Thank you, that's what I was thinking as well!
Hm, okay, I'll go with wine then, since you and the other anon said so! Thanks!

I have a pair of tights that look kinda like this, would they work? I have a few others too, so I could just try on a few different ones and see which ones looks the best!
Thanks again anon!
>>
>>9205144
I would go for ivory socks. I think it just isn't quite nursing uniform enough to work with the nurse headdress because the JSK is striped, so I would actually give up on that and just go for a regular lolita outfit - you could possibly wear a narrow rectangle headdress instead.
>>
>>9205418
I think those would be lovely anon, just make sure they match the tone of your blouse. Very cute co-ord- i'm jelly!
>>
>>9204665
Not OP but is that a thing? Black X navy is a no?
The nitpick thread was all about a navy/blue dress being co-ord'd with a black blouse. Is black not interchangeable with white?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1938x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1938x3264px
Dumb question but why not:
I preordered this jsk months ago and had this blouse and accessories to coord with it and now that it's arrived and I have them on the dress form I'm not sure if I'm really happy with how the blouse and jsk go together. I'd swap it out for a brown blouse but I don't really want this coord to be heavy brown since I, myself, am brown.

Do you guys think it could work, or should I scrap the beige blouse and go for brown?

(Sorry for wrinkles. This was right out of the bag)
>>
>>9206465
I think the clashing browns are what frighten me. Maybe a pink bouse to match the pink in the dress?
>>
>>9206021

Avoiding black and dark colours is a rule in mainstream fashion, but in lolita it gets broken pretty often. "Navy" x black is a colour scheme that works well if you know what you're doing and how to balance things out.

I don't really know what to make of the nitpick thread though, I'm not sure if the anons commenting on that thread actually realise that blue and navy are two completely different colourways -- not a semantics difference, as in, CDC has a blue colourway that's much lighter, and an actual, seperate navy colourway that's much darker. The dress in that thread's OP looks blue to me, not navy, and not really washed out, though the dress isn't as bright as it appears in some tumblr/insta photos.
>>
>>9206465

Seconding the other anon, plus I also think the white on the print (highlights on the drip) and the bright yellow "gold" in the socks are clashing with your beige, which is why it looks off.

Other than a pink blouse, you can try replacing the legwear with matching beige socks instead and see if that looks better.
>>
>>9204670
What is this dress and does it also come in a wine colorway???
>>
>>9205144
all i can think is communist russia kei
None of it is cute, it looks like a dress a poor family would sew for their kids in 1930's
>>
>>9206506
avoiding black x navy isn't even a rule in mainstream fashion anymore... in fact a bunch of my fave normie clothes are in that colorway (if we want to call it that)
>>
I can't find a single picture of anyone wearing Melty Whip Chocolate. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to coord this? I have meta boots to go with it.
>>
>>9206528
>thinking either of those things are not cute
>>
>>9206528
both of those are kawaii af anon whats wrong with you
>>
>>9206802
Ivory blouse, brown cuffs/chocolate jewelry, and maybe ivory tights. If you don't want ivory then maybe you can do pink/brown which is a popular color combo for this time of year.
>>
>>9207144
Something like this AP blouse I have? With pink tights?
>>
>>9206554

What AP and other japanese fashion brands call kon/navy nowadays is what I'd call dark blue instead of navy. Semantics, I know, but the rule isn't about two colours that don't go together. It's about waking up and getting dressed early morning, in a dimly lit closet, and then you make an all-black coord and walk out the door.

Only to find that you aren't wearing all-black, your shoes are actually a dark brown, your tights navy blue, and it looks weird when everything else you're wearing is black. It looks exactly like you put on your clothes on in a dimly lit closet and didn't realise one item was dark brown and another was navy, not black.

That's what the rule is for, you avoid mixing dark colours and black together because it's easy to look as if you put them on by mistake in the dark, instead of thoughtfully on purpose. It's not just "navy doesn't go wih black", it's more like "you dressed in a dark closet this morning".
>>
>>9205144
Where is that dress from?
>>
>>9207492
It's VM's Regimental Stripe JSK layered over IW's Long Sleeve Line Collar OP.
>>
>>9205471
Aww, thank you anon! Never gotten much positive feedback for my coords, so it makes me really happy to hear you say that!
>>9206526
It does!
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.1998246701.3.o2lP3R&scm=1007.10152.33975.1p0&id=535877164973&pvid=888114d2-e470-4512-8577-4f6b389d0515
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>9207380
I am aware what your grandmother explained to you as a child, but I am telling you navy & black have been a-okay together in western fashion for like... at least ten years now.

(you can also wear white after Labor Day and your shoes don't have to match your purse anymore!! crazy!)
>>
>>9207884
You're missing anon's point. People discourage against wearing lack and navy because it's harder for people to pull it off as a deliberate choice rather than "I dressed in the dark and I couldn't tell these colours didn't match". It's perfectly fine to wear black with navy, you just have to take extra care to make sure it looks like you did it on purpose.
>>
>>9207330
that would be very cute with a lot of pink jewellery and a brown x pink hair accessory, maybe a beret to go with the wintery feel of the outfit?
>>
>>9204913
seconding
>>
File: halloween22.png (747KB, 1018x855px) Image search: [Google]
halloween22.png
747KB, 1018x855px
So I posted in the lolita general a few weeks ago about wanting to do a halloween coord based on the short story "the green ribbon" about the girl whose head is held on by a green ribbon. this is my general idea right now. i kind of have the urge to balance the green out elsewhere but i also kind of like just having it stand out as a statement piece. my plan for both a green ribbon choker and the split neck is to have the choker loosened so some of the split neck prosthetic shows.

i'm not entirely sure about the hair or legwear (if i go with fishnets i'll make sure to find high quality ones at least) and i also dont know if i want to do bracelets, wrist cuffs or something else for my wrists.
>>
>>9207884

........whereas I feel like your grandmother didn't explain it enough to you.

You do know what the fashion rules are really for, right? And the fashion police isn't real, nobody's going to arrest you and throw you in jail for not matching your shoes to your bag, in fact, you'll find this rule consistently broken in magazines twenty years ago, not even ten.

The rules are just guidelines to help clueless girls dress better by giving them general advice to follow, almost all of them have some kernel of logic to them. For eg, if you match your handbag to your shoes and maybe lipstick, this means you have an even distribution of one colour throughout your outfit. You can throw practically any dress on top of that and look completely put-together without having to debate whether your shoes and handbag and lipstick and dress all work together or not.

The only one that's really outdated is the no white after labour day rule, people used to do summer holidays before labour day, resortwear tended to be white. So not wearing white after labour day helps you avoid looking like a clueless boob who hasn't figured out that summer holidays are over. fwiw I'm not American, I've never followed this rule.

So go on, break all the fashion rules you want. Don't want to dress to your bodytype? Sure, why not. Wear all the colours you want instead of matching them to your skintone? Yeah, go crazy. The only consequence is whether or not you look like a mess after breaking all the rules. And nobody really cares about that (aside from the ita thread, but eh, who cares about those nitpickers, amirite?)
>>
File: greenribbon.jpg (100KB, 1018x855px) Image search: [Google]
greenribbon.jpg
100KB, 1018x855px
>>9208764

Uh. You haven't bought anything yet, I hope. That dress isn't the best thing to show off a choker as the collar will end up covering it. Then those tights... just, no.

Go for a dress/ensemble with a wider, lower neckline, that way you draw attention to your neck and can clearly show off the prosthetic without any collars accidentally covering it up.

As for legwear, If you don't want burando socks/tights, your next choice should be lace tights. You can get them off taobao in a great variety of colours, or from mainstream stores in black, white, offwhite. Avoid fishnets at all costs, it has a negative connotation from all the "sexy lolita costumes" from cheap Halloween places, and will only bring down your coord.

The shoes had to be changed because changing the dress changed the vibe of the whole outfit. Regarding your question of wristwear and accessorise, I'd suggest going with some simple beaded pieces, not too many wristcuffs as you really attention on the green neckribbon.

>green choker statement piece
Since we're talking about fashion rules, this colour scheme is called a pop of colour.
>>
File: IW bordeauxOP.png (117KB, 334x440px) Image search: [Google]
IW bordeauxOP.png
117KB, 334x440px
>>9208816
No I haven't bought anything. I love the lace tights idea so much more than fishnets and i'm kicking myself for not thinking of that in the first place

My mental image of the coord keeps including a dress with a distinguished collar even though I know that it will distract from the main point of the coord....I just want the overall feel to be vintagey and mature rather than gothic or frilly. So I think my biggest challenge will be finding a dress that meets my picky criteria.

Thanks for smacking some reality into me about my poor choices haha.

I do have this dress already which I wouldn't mind using, but with it being red and the ribbon being green, I would feel kind of christmasy...
>>
>>9210161
If you insist on a collar, at least go for something with a lower neckline and collar. I don't think that IW dress will work, the ribbon will make you look like Christmas. I'd also go for a full updo so you can actually see the neck prosthetic and ribbon
>>
>>9210169
I actually just found a dress in a similar cut in a black colorway on LM, so I'll probably end up going with that (just gonna sleep on it, I don't trust myself to make purchases when i'm tired lol). Good point on the updo!!! I only wanted my hair half up/ half down because in all the illustrations i've seen her hair is straight down but thinking about it now it would be annoying to get fake blood in my hair all night
>>
File: 16_7_14_218_1.jpg (67KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
16_7_14_218_1.jpg
67KB, 426x640px
Would sax shoes work with this? This is my first main piece and i'm wondering if i should get sax shoes and bag, or pink (my style is sweet).
>>
>>9210190
Yes, depending on the coord. As for sax vs. pink it's a matter of personal preference, I would personally go for pink or white
>>
>>9210190
get white, it's more versatile. then you can gen pink/blue/white socks, outerwear, accessories, whatever to make a couple different coords. plus they are more likely to go with future sweet purchases. unless you intend on being a conlita, trust me you'll enjoy having more options early on.
>>
>>9210201
>>9210213
I thought white too but I feel like white shoes always get drowned out in sweet coordinates, I plan on wearing lolita out as much as I am able/comfortable to do so (wouldn't pickup groceries in lolita, cant wear it to work) as i am generally a very casual person.

I suppose white is a solid versatile option, whereas pink is being matchy matchy. Thanks anons~
>>
>>9208816
What is that bottom right AatP dress called?
>>
>>9210619
>>9208816
Bottom left...sorry. what are directions
>>
File: metateddy.jpg (137KB, 1017x621px) Image search: [Google]
metateddy.jpg
137KB, 1017x621px
Hey, it's teddy motor anon again. I'm thinking of doing boots instead of tea parties and I might wear a fitted leather jacket. I'm stuck on accessories, any help would be appreciated, thanks gulls!
>>
>>9204670
Where are the second pair of shoes and the last pair of shoes from? I need something cute in brown!
>>
>>9210694
Definitely go for boots, keep it cute.
For the leather jacket, cc has a good one you might like:
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/109877
>>
File: which dress halloween 16.png (612KB, 1184x928px) Image search: [Google]
which dress halloween 16.png
612KB, 1184x928px
>>9208816
>>9208764
>>9210161
>>9210169

Okay so I found two possible dresses. I'm partial to the AaTP jsk but it's more expensive and would also require me to buy a new blouse, as i don't have anything in black. Does the Atelier Pierrot OP look okay, or should I grab the JSK and see if I can find any cheap blouse options?
Also I'm not sure about what kind of bag...
>>
File: AP GLASS BOTTLE.png (2MB, 1256x638px) Image search: [Google]
AP GLASS BOTTLE.png
2MB, 1256x638px
>>9210190
Sax would work, you could also do brown as well
>>
>>9211200
The Atelier Pierrot OP has the advantage of not needing a blouse.
I'm not sure how you managed to find the cheapest looking lace stockings ever online, but please just get decent lace tights rather than those monstrosities...
Similarly, your glove choice looks cheap and nasty. Nicer vintage styled wrist length gloves would be a better option.
>>
>>9211220
Okay, thanks!
And yeah I'm going to go to a department store or something this weekend and try to pick up some nice lace tights in person. Gloves I'm still searching for, might fall back on some simple pearl bracelets instead if I can't find anything.
>>
>>9210860
Hey thanks, that's a perfect jacket!
>>
File: vm antique card.png (238KB, 288x384px) Image search: [Google]
vm antique card.png
238KB, 288x384px
Recently acquired this skirt in this colorway. The stock photos show it with a white blouse, but I'm wondering, what color shoes would you wear with this? Navy? Green? I know those colors aren't readily available. Would using black shoes fall under the category of "black/navy"?
>>
>>9211557
Maybe wear brown/cognac colored shoes? I'm not sure what style you're going for but I think that would look nice.
>>
What type of blouse goes better with a strapless dress? Having such a hard time making up my mind. Gonna wear a cardigan or bolero over because I'm a coldfag.
>>
>>9211581
Short sleeves with a bow or jabot.
>>
>>9211592
That's what I was leaning towards, thanks.
>>
>>9211557
cream might look nice with cream x (a color in the skirt) legwear
>>
>>9211577
Definitely going for a classic look, and I do have some cognac shoes which could work if I find an appropriate purse.

>>9211638
I did consider that, but people sometimes bitch on this board about dark legwear with light shoes (mostly that it makes your legs look stumpy).

Thanks for your responses, I'm going to look at cognac purses and cream colored shoes.
>>
>>9211639
as a note: I meant cream was the dominant color in the legwear as well (paired with a cream blouse for balance)

if you want to do darker legwear, go with cognac and match your purse
>>
>>9211661
Derp, I misread your comment. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
Is printed legwear appropriate for a non print dress? Or is it better to go with plain/crochet/lace tights and not shoehorn a theme into the outfit if there's not an obvious one already?
>>
>>9211859
It depends on how detailed the dress is. Elaborate dresses with a lot of lace and details look fine with busier legwear, but if the dress is really simple with minimal embellishments, you should probably go for something plainer.
>>
>>9211859
I think it can work well if you bring in the theme elsewhere too e.g. jewellery, purse, other accessories.
>>
File: coord.jpg (205KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
205KB, 1184x666px
any idea on shoes and legwear? and accessories if anyone is super kind
>>
>>9212422
I think a classic type shoe like oxford or mary jane heels in black would match well.
With the current blouse color I would go ahead and use all black for the legwear and bag, and then bring in some lighter tones with the headwear and neckwear. A floral headband or simple bow would work.
For the legwear it would be nice with either black floral printed socks or maybe lace tights?
>>
>>9204659
Is it ok to ask a question here even if my fashion is not lolita?
I enjoy a fashion, I'm horribly afraid of becoming an ita of it. It's really hard to guess 'the rules'. Even all kinds of casual-keis scare me because of how easy it's become a weirdly-dressed person because clothes are not specifically marked as new-totally-not-vk-genderless-kei. I visit cgl for almost 2 years now.
>>
>>9211214
Thanks for coord pics~ I was thinking for brown but I don't think it'll suit the rest of my style
>>
>>9212466
Sooooo, whats your question?
>>
>>9212429
Thank you very much anon! I appreciate you spending time to answer me, youve helped heaps!
>>
>>9212628
how to get over it
>>
>>9212724
How to get over the fear of being badly dressed? Just take the plunge and try it, make mistakes, ask for criticism and learn from it. You might not be great at whatever fashion you like right off the bat, that's fine, as long as you keep trying and improve. You can't be good at something if you don't try it at all.
>>
>>9212724
Lurk more, observe more, and experiment. You won't improve until you've actually tried.

Alternatively kill yourself for being such a bitch baby.
>>
File: IMG_3814.jpg (1009KB, 1915x2554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3814.jpg
1009KB, 1915x2554px
Pardon the potato quality, but does this look alright for a casual day out?

The sort of mismatched beret and the cardigan's length give me some pause.
>>
>>9213190
Maybe swap out the baret to just a simple black bow to match the shoes and bag, the grey throws me off
>>
>>9213190
That cardigan looks like a weird mumu, I'd ditch it. Also if you have brown accessories instead of black it would match much better.
>>
>>9213723
>>9213661
The shoes and bag are a deep brown; do you think a honey brown would work better? I also have a straw hat, I was thinking of going with that instead of the beret.
>>
>>9213861
Yeah a more medium brown may be appropriate. If you wear a more open knit cardigan or a blouse then a straw hat would definitely work.
>>
>>9213861
If you have a brown similar to that in the print it would work great, otherwise a medium brown like above anon said. The shoes and bag honestly look black in the picture! All the best in your coording!
>>
I have no idea what kind of bag to go with this dress, I normally wear gothic so nothing I own already will match.

I was planning on matching it with a long/princess sleeved white chiffon blouse and white lace ankle socks
>>
>>9214887
The chiffon ruffles look offwhite so I'm not sure how picky you are about matching your neutrals, i think a classic-style/towned down sweet black bag would work, because the jsk has more than a few black features.
>>
File: halloween coord.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
halloween coord.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
A few things I'm willing to switch out if necessary:
- I have some blonde and brown wigs
- I have a gold heart bag
- Tights wise I have some black lace pattern tights I can switch too if necessary
- Shoes - I have some black ankle boots with a small heel or some black mary janes, I'm going to be walking around a lot so I need something comfortable
>>
>>9214887
Yeah you can definitely use black shoes and bag if you have anything more classic or sweet. Add a gold necklace and blue headwear and it should be good.

>>9215247
I would switch out the tights, the gold doesn't look right. I would avoid big gold pieces and style this more oldschool. I think a black high neck blouse with puff sleeves would be good, and maybe a capelet too?
For the other things, either wig color and shoes should work.
>>
I just bought this dress from my-lolita-dress. as far as I know it's an original dress, (aka not replica) but I'm struggling on how to coord it. I really love how it looks but It's my first dress, and I really want to look good. I was thinking a beret or a boater hat with a red ribbon, but other than that, I'm at a loss.
>>
>>9218177
How? It's super basic.
>boater hat with red ribbon
>or red beret (maybe in cooler weather when you use longer socks)
>twin plaits with ribbons or curled hair
>some sort of wristwear like ivory wrist cuffs or small pearl bracelets
>ivory lace topped ankle socks or otks
>red shoes in a sweet-classic design, like those baby ones with the bow on the back.
>jewelry should be gold and simple
>classic ivory or red bag, think IW style. Otherwise, a straw basket/ purse.
Make sure all your reds are deep reds.
Since it's your first dress I suggested versatile accessories but I'm sure you could mix it up a bit when you get more.
>>
File: berry river.png (1MB, 1174x1034px) Image search: [Google]
berry river.png
1MB, 1174x1034px
Help me with some leg wear?
Also the cardigan is a lot closer to the strawberry's red irl.
Should I get some bow clips for the shoes?
>>
>>9218220
It is basic and that's why I was struggling. I want to look polished, and while I lurk here for hints, I was having trouble figuring out what to do for it, but going with a more basic-cute outfit to match does make more sense than trying to fancy it up. My first meetup is coming up so I want to look nice.
>>
>>9218237
I think basic and well balanced is best for a beginner anyway, nothing wrong with simple coords. I think the style of dress lends itself best to that anyway. You will look polished if you use quality pieces and have good hair and makeup.
>>
>>9218223

What colour is the lace on the headkerchief (white? ivory?), I'd go with that as the base colour for the legwear.

There's some strawberry-print socks and tights on taobao, ali, or secondhand brand -- I'd go with whichever looks like it has a nice distribution of the berries and are fairly opaque (some of the sheerer ones make it look like your leg is diseased, try to avoid those).

If none of them are suitable, then lace tights (still in the same colour as the lace on the headkerchief) would work.

I don't think the coord particularly needs or doesn't need bow clips, get them if you like them? Bow clips would swing the coord slightly towards sweet, if that makes a difference to you.
>>
>>9218223
That's a nice coord
Get some tights in the same color as the lace, looks like cream I'm guessing
>>
>>9218177
Styling this in a cute nautical or country style would be cute. If you want to bring in another color then brown, black, or navy would work. Keeping everything red and white might be too jarring for the dress style, which is more sweet-classic.
I think either brown or black shoes in a style that's versatile for you (mary janes or oxford heels maybe?) and a matching bag would look good. Socks should be in the same white as the dress and either lace topped or with a minimal print of some kind (naval or floral works).

>>9218223
I would ditch those shoes and opt for brown ones you can better match a bag too, in a more traditionally lolita style as well. Oxford heels or short boots would match the country style. There are a lot of strawberry printed socks out there I think would bring out the red more elegantly, I have a beige pair from ETC I got on mercari.
>>
File: Anchor Ring.jpg (1MB, 2292x1734px) Image search: [Google]
Anchor Ring.jpg
1MB, 2292x1734px
>>9219103
Would an anchor ring be too much? I have one from my grandma and I thought it would look nice with it.
>>
>>9220766
That looks very cute. Another anchor accessory like a necklace or sock pattern would work as well.
>>
>>9220766

Protip: rings generally are not seen in a coordinate unless you do a closeup, so rings almost never detract from a coordinate unless it was some sort of knuckle duster with blinged out macarons
>>
File: SailorCoord.png (661KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SailorCoord.png
661KB, 800x1000px
Also trying to go for a Nautical/Sailor coord. I was thinking of finding a cute red anchor or bouy necklace to go with it?
>>
File: il_570xN.450341374_e4k7.jpg (59KB, 570x569px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.450341374_e4k7.jpg
59KB, 570x569px
>>9220904
Something like this?
>>
>>9220904
That looks super cute anon, maybe have a maritime bird necklace, that might look nice?
>>
>>9221047
a seagull for the seagull
>>
>>9220904
Those socks are kinda ugly, you can find much better lace topped socks on ebay.
>>
>>9220903
>some sort of knuckle duster with blinged out macarons

Sukeban-kei?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 1800x1350px
Help me, seagulls!
I recently received a dress that I'm totally in love with, but the seller completely lied to me about the condition of. The bottom part of the print is supposed to be white, but not its a very faded yellow-gray (ew.) I've already hand washed it to no avail, and I have no idea how I could fix it.

The trouble is, I still really want to wear this dress! Here's what I have already as a coordinate for it. I'm planning on black tea parties and a black wool beret to finish it off. My question is, is this dres even salvageable? Should I even try?

Thank you!
>>
>>9220904

You should go with red tea parties or a T-strap shoe. These don't look lolita enough.

Also, consider adding a smaller red bow along with the navy one to your headwear or at least make sure to wear red liptsick to bring some red color to the top of the coord (a red necklace won't be enough to balance things).

>>9222600

If you make sure all your other whites match, then having the dress bottom be that offwhite grey should be fine. Coord looks pretty classy anon. Your other option is to coord with cream which will match the dress better and make it standout less, but again, make sure all the creams you coord with match and it will work.
>>
>>9222659
Nautical anon here: Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't own any tea parties, but I can add clip embellishments to the shoes. I like the idea to add a red bow too! I'll do that as well. I'm not sure if I can pull off red lipstick lol
>>
Apologies for noob question.
Does the nameless poem OP have an a line or cupcake skirt? How do i tell easily for other dresses?
>>
>>9222804
Most of the time a cupcake skirt will have a lot of gathering at the waist A Line skirts tend to have less. Cupcake skirts are made using giant rectangles and A-Line is more often circle skirts.
>>
>>9222804
A line.
It's usually how they're made and the style they are. Gothic and classic mostly are A line and sweet usually is a cupcake.

Pleated skirts are usually A line too, while gathered skirts are cupcake but can go both ways.
>>
>>9222600
I thought that dress was supposed to be cream, you can't even tell in the photo since it looks really even. I'd make the coord with cream.
>>
>>9212466
Lolita rules are easy to search, find, follow. Find a main lolita piece you like, add some lolita shoes and something for your head and some legwear. Make a photo collage of everything and post it here or any other group/forum designed to help new lolitas. Follow advice.
2 years, no fashion? Sad, mate.
>>
File: IMG_2032.jpg (1MB, 2553x1915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2032.jpg
1MB, 2553x1915px
Hello, I'm hoping to get some help with this coord I'm working on. I was told by one friend that it's too cluster-fucky, and I agree. Any way I can save it?
>>
>>9225313
Thank you! I'll get my hands on some dark brown shoes, the same shade as my cape.
>>
File: old school gc.jpg (173KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
old school gc.jpg
173KB, 1024x768px
Thinking about buying this colourway of gathered chiffon but trying to work with what I have in my wardrobe already. I mainly see this coordinated with more chiffon and more elegant (heels, princess sleeves, veils etc) rather than the slightly frumpy old school way - does this work, do I need more purple in it, and how do I accessorise?
>>
>>9225435
The dress doesn't really work in old school, atleast not in a way you are planning to wear it. The shoes don't match the mature and elegant look of the dress. Most of the old school dresses are simpler and a bit less elegant so they work with chunkier shoes, however, these kind of shoes would be impossible to work into even old school classic outfit. If you want chunkier shoes the only ones I would probably see working depending on your other coordination choices are shoes like the chunky heels with straps from BL but that wouldn't be ideal either imo. Blouse is also too cutesy for that mature and elegant dress and it don't balance the dress at all. The headdress is fine imo, it goes with the dress well. Socks are simply no with this dress. Bag depends a lot on what style you are going for, do you want more gothic or classic vibes. Color balance is off, the shoes are too pinkish and you would neet to bring a bit of the light purple in your head if you want to balance it. I would recommend to start over with this one, the old school thing won't work.
>>
File: Coord.png (2MB, 1333x940px) Image search: [Google]
Coord.png
2MB, 1333x940px
First time even attempting a Lolita coord because I've always been to big to fit most of it and I don't like how fatty-chan's look in Lolita. Double and triple checked my measurements and I'm under the size listed for the dress. So how is it? Should I scrap it and restart from the dress up? Will a blouse even fit under the dress so I have sleeves or should I get a jacket instead?
>>
>>9225577
>milanoo watermarks
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: decisions.png (2MB, 765x617px) Image search: [Google]
decisions.png
2MB, 765x617px
Okay gulls, I need some help. I'm staring at this pic for like half an hour but I can't decide which hair flower would be better for this dress and the pictured jewelry.

My hair is medium brown, and I'm also planning to use medium brown shoes. So far so good. So which flower should I get? Also any suggestions on legwear? I want to keep it subtle, but all the lolita legwear is too distracting and too flashy for my taste.
>>
>>9225732
Flower on the right, and see if you can switch out the necklace with a choker that looks similar to your bracelet. The necklace you have right now feels too plain and you shouldn't mix silver and gold.

For shoes do you mean a pump? A mary jane? brogues? boots? Legwear depends on footwear. In general though I think frilly crew socks or crocheted/lace tights in ivory would be a safe bet.
>>
>>9225732
right hair flower. the left looks cheap. also, that necklace looks way too modern for lolita in general, and I don't know why you are pairing it with that dress. I don't love the bracelet either, but the setting/cut makes it slightly more romantic and less cold looking. as for legwear, I would go with soft cream lace tights. they are subtle and would work with the dress.

I would be sure to match your purse to your shoes since they are the only medium brown outside of your hair. how are your shoes styled?
>>
>>9225732
Definitely the flowers on the right.
>>
File: new.png (2MB, 765x617px) Image search: [Google]
new.png
2MB, 765x617px
>>9225741
>>9225748
>>9225751
Thanks for the input. So it's the right flower then. Also included the shoes now. The bracelet is actually antique silver, so that doesn't work out with gold. But I'm trying to find more antique looking necklaces now to match the bracelet as I feel like your regular lolita choker would also be mismatching here. Is it the right direction?
>>
>>9225732
I also recommend the right flower. Also I thought the bracelet was a choker necklace and so I agree, something that matched the bracelet would be better suited. Perhaps a necklace that would be framed nicely by the square neckline of the dress.
>>
>>9225790
Necklace on the left looks better of the two.
>>
>>9225790
Seconding the necklace on the left. Could I actually get a source on that too?
>>
>>9225790
The necklace on the left seems good to me, I think it brings out the color of the sash nicely and complements the neckline. A longer one like the right one seems like it would be lost in the bodice detail.
I agree with the other anons about cream lace tights, some sort of classic legwear from IW or MM with a floral or lace up print would also work.
Those shoes are so pretty! Have you thought about what kind of bag to use? I think you'd want to match the brown with something, and keep with the antique style. I wonder if you could find a brown vintage tapestry, beaded, or velvet bag with antique silver hardware?
>>
>>9225798
Sure, it's from etsy actually
https://www.etsy.com/listing/80577093/sale-purple-necklace-short-purple?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=purple%20necklace&ref=sr_gallery_9

>>9225804
That's a nice very suggestion but I don't include bags in my coords. I'm pretty ita in that regard as prefer running around with a giant tote bag that actually fits all of my stuff. But for pictures, I'll put that monstrosity aside of course.
>>
>>9225461
I'm looking more for a dress to fit my wardrobe rather than redoing my wardrobe to fit the dress, so thanks! I'm probably going to look out for some older AP in the same colourway.
>>
File: 20161019_205038.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_205038.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
How can i accesorize this better? I'm thinking about getting a pearl headress instead of the rectangle one, or some kind of circlet that could match for lolita.
>>
>>9226885
Don't do black leg wear+ black shoes.
>>
>>9226885
Don't mix your laces and choose a less sweet hairpiece.
>>
>>9226921
>don't mix your laces
I'm sorry, what year is it?

>>9226885
I'd switch out the hairpiece, but I wouldn't go with pearl. there's no white elsewhere in the coord and its going to feel a little off. a gold circlet (with a floral motif) sounds pretty, but I would switch out the shoes, then. they are too sweet as it is and something like a circlet is going to need more classic support. for legwear, black works fine, but see if you can bring in the metalic gold or burgundy. again, something classic or with a regal/floral motif.

and bless you for not buying the bizarre maxi-tassel pad that goes with that set.
>>
>>9225826
If you don't plan to include a bag the brown shoes will throw off the color balance. I would either include a bag for photos or switch the shoes to lavender or cream.
>>
File: test.jpg (189KB, 961x741px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
189KB, 961x741px
>>9226887
You're right, it seems a bit off. What about those shoes?

>>9226921
Do you think something like this would do? I'd like a magic apprentice look!
>>
>>9227021
I'm really sorry, because you obviously want this dress to be sweet... but I just don't think it's going to work. Those shoes & accessories look even more out of place than your first batch.
>>
>>9226964
Already said that my hair is brown (and long), so I don't see the need for a third brown element. And my hair would look off if I used shoes of the colours you suggested.
>>
>>9227055
Wait... are you saying you think your natural hair needs to match your coord... but your purse doesn't? What?
>>
>>9227021
I'd go with those gold Aatp boots if I were you to make this way less sweet.
>>
File: test2.png (147KB, 690x262px) Image search: [Google]
test2.png
147KB, 690x262px
>>9227038
>>9226935
something like this?

>>9227064
I'd love to be able to wear brand shoes anon, but my long ass feet won't allow that...
>>
>>9227060
To each their own I guess. My hair and my hairstyle generally do match my coord. I try to balance out my hair colour if possible (so when my hair matches nothing in the coord, I wear up-dos and headpieces that hide most of it and if my hair color does fit in the coord, I'm wearing open hairstyles). I don't use bags for my pictures. I find lolita specific bags to be impractical so I don't see the point in them. I don't see what's the problem here if I can get the colour balance through other means.
>>
>>9226935
Cotton lace with hearts and cherries =/= velvet, Venice lace, and gold filigree.

I've had that headpiece and it does not belong especially with the motifs on the lace. Sorry for thinking about small details like that I guess. :/
>>
>>9225311
It looks like a chocolate cake. Could work if you swapped out the shoes for red tea parties.
>>
>>9227093
nah, that makes sense. I didn't know that it was that sweet of a headpiece. I thought you were more getting mad about mixing varieties of lace in general (which used to be a thing, but now seems nitpicky). the themes being that off, though is a perfectly logical issue. sorry!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3060px
I feel a little silly posting a coordinate with the same main piece as OP.

Could I get some suggestions for accessories that are available for purchase? I'd love something like Automatic Honey jewelry but I have to get lucky for that to happen.

Sorry for the crappy dark bedroom photo
>>
anyone know what I could do with those weird collared JSKs?
I can't seem to find a proper blouse for them...
>>
>>9228026
Bolero or cardigan?
>>
>>9228026
This is exactly why I got the version of this dress without the collar lol.
Anyway either a high neck blouse or something with a square/round neckline that only shows the sleeves.

>>9226885
I like your magician's apprentice concept but as the others have been saying, you're really forcing the sweet style onto this.
I would look for classic and even renaissance style inspo for ideas. A circlet or head chain of some kind would be much more appropriate headwear. I think you could get away with adding some floral clips or something too if you want more color.
For the shoes I think something like black oxford heels or witchy boots would work? You can definitely get those offbrand too. Maybe floral lace tights or black with a gold pattern would match with that then.
>>
>>9225577
Thank god you asked advice before committing. I'm sorry but literally everything here is ita. Some major pointers, do not do Qi or Wa lolita as your first (or second or third) coord. Never get that top parasol, never buy from Milanoo. Just head over to My-lolita-dress or hell, even Bodyline and try again. What are your measurements? I'm a fatty chan and I found a lot of things that fit me.
>>
>>9218177
>>9218220
>>9219103
A few notes:
>Bows are for braids
>Wig is a stand-in for hairstyle, probably buy an arda and braid it
>Can't pick between the two bags. The one with lighter red is cuter, but the other has better colors

Any concrit on the coord I put together? Also, I forgot to ask last time, but this dress would use a bell petti right?
>>
>>9228283
I'd switch your socks to something that is OTK or tights. With those oxford ankle shoes, you're really not going to see much of the ankle socks and then the lace will cover up the shoe.
>>
>>9228283
Forgot to answer the last part of your question, this looks like an A Line skirt.
>>
>>9228297
I might go calves-length or tights then. I'm fatty (losing weight, but still) at the moment, and wouldn't want something to cut off at the knee because it tends to be unflattering on bigger people.
>>
>>9228300
I would probably go with tights then as it will help as a form of shapewear too to smooth things out
>>
File: il_875xN.745709459_clwv.jpg (289KB, 875x1343px) Image search: [Google]
il_875xN.745709459_clwv.jpg
289KB, 875x1343px
>>9228305
>>9228297
How about these?
>>
>>9228283
While super cute, your reds are all over the place tone wise which may pose some problems cohesion wise.
>>
>>9228384
Will keep that in mind. I tried to keep it in more wine-red tones like another user suggested. A lot of the red stuff I'm finding looks sort of cheap or plastic-y looking.
>>
>>9228366
Those are cute tights.
>>
File: coord.jpg (306KB, 2073x1289px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
306KB, 2073x1289px
I could use some help for the legwear here!
It's not the full coord, just so you get the picture.
I really need some fall and winter legwear for this and I don't know what would work and which color to choose. I feel like ivory might look weird with the dress being ivory and red would be even sillier.
Please no socks or OTKs, rather tights!
>>
>>9228283
This is really cute, anon. I'd personally switch out the straw hat for one of a similar appearance, but of better quality– to match the second bag. I'd also switch the ankle socks for otk socks. And as a previous anon mentioned, keep an eye on the red tones. Good work, anon!
>>
>>9229011
As long as your hair is brown, I think brown OTKs would work.
>>
>>9229412
Thanks anon, but I'm blonde and only wear blonde wigs. I thought about brown as well, if I maybe changed the cardigan to a brown one, but them the only red accents would be the beret and shoes.
>>
>>9229412
>>9229418
>considering natural hair colors in a coord
Why? You don't need to match things to your hair or wig if it's naturally colored, that's ridiculous.
>>
>>9229011
Ivory would look just fine. Alternatively you can add a blouse (in white/off white/ivory) and match your tights to it, it might not be super innovative but it'll work.
>>
>>9228234
I figured that out when it was called bait and have thankfully found other sites. I just remember Milanoo being mentioned before so looked it up. Thanks for the pointers!
>>
>>9229420
I was thinking that brown sock would be too much brown on the bottom of the coord if the hair wasn't also brown. It was just a suggestion. Feel free to disregard.
>>
File: velveteen_royal_princess.jpg (46KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
velveteen_royal_princess.jpg
46KB, 480x640px
I have no fucking clue what to do with this, other than a vague idea of lace tights, a nice round headdress, and a short necklace of some sort. I don't really want pearl accessories, but they seem thematic.
Please, someone elegant, guide me.
>>
>>9229624
If you don't like pearls you can go for rhinestones. Either way you're gonna end up looking like Audrey Hepburn but she's elegant as fuck so
>>
File: coord.jpg (307KB, 994x1095px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
307KB, 994x1095px
Does this look good? I also need help finding legwear.
>>
>>9229856
Looks fine. What sort of legwear are you thinking? These mufish tights have subtle embossed card suits on them and come in pink and white...
>>
File: pfhTVqI.png (535KB, 392x597px) Image search: [Google]
pfhTVqI.png
535KB, 392x597px
>>9206802
shameful self post
>>
>>9230740
The bottom half is awful, anon.
>>
>>9230741
Oh shut up, it's fine.

>>9230740
I like this, it has otom vibes.
>>
>>9230741
What's the issue exactly? I'm not a huge fan of the shoes but that's just my personal taste and I can see they match...
>>
>>9227077
You sound like voldie...
>>
>>9230741
>>9230749
>>9230986
Thanks for the feedback though guys. I feel like the shoes dont match perfectly but I really like the tights with the colours in the dress. It was a reasonably casual coordinate.
>>
>>9230729
Those tights look good, I'll probably get the white ones to match the blouse. Thanks!
>>
>>9229389
Thanks! It's my first coord ever and its for a new-years meet up that my comm is hosting, so I wanted to look polished. c:
>>
>>9231251
The "white" ones on the image aren't white, they're ivory and would look bad in your coord.
>>
>>9232493
Thanks for letting me know. Would the pink ones be fine then?
>>
>>9232495
I think they'd work better than any of the other color options for your coord, but if you do pink leg wear it's probably best to use sax for your shoes. If you want to keep the pink shoes I think it would be best to try and find a pair of sax and white OTKS
>>
>>9232500
I need sax shoes anyway for other coords, so I'll just go with the pink tights and sax shoes.
>>
>>9231246
I love those tights!!! that anon is an asshat. I would swap your shoes for something Ivory for balance but that's really it.
>>
>>9232488
This is your first coord? I never would have guessed. Have you lurked here very long?
>>
File: ballerinabunny.png (644KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ballerinabunny.png
644KB, 800x800px
Okay, second (very casual lolita) coord and I'm having a lot of difficulties with this one... The main thing I'm struggling with is finding matching pinks, or as close as possible based on pictures. Going to be wearing this all day for an event so I wanted to be comfy. Thoughts? Tips? Suggestions?
>>
>>9234407
Scrap it and try again.
>>
>>9234408
Can you please elaborate?
>>
>>9234407
Plain tights are not suggested for an outfit like this(usually I'd only recommend them for oldschool), the bows aren't good for Lolita, the cardigan isn't good for Lolitac the shoes aren't good for Lolita, basically everything but the blouse and skirt need to go. The bunny bag is iffy but it could work.

Your coord isn't really casual Lolita either, there's too much going on for it to be casual.
>>
File: 5158xyqdJuL.jpg (37KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
5158xyqdJuL.jpg
37KB, 500x333px
>>9234416
Ah, thanks for the info. The tights are lace tights btw. Kind of hard to see in such a small picture.
>>
File: Untitled.png (917KB, 1169x857px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
917KB, 1169x857px
I'm going as a china doll to a halloween party. I trying to make a co-ord to resemble a victorian porcelain doll. I'm stuck on the kind of socks. I've introduce red into the colours with the choker and the coin bag ( also I have dyed red hair). I feel as though the socks definitely need to be white, but would a rose pattern on the socks be too much? any other thoughts regarding my colour balance, etc.? This is my first co-ord, I'm very new to lolita
>>
>>9234444
Samefagging, Just pointing out that although it can't be seen in the image, the jsk has pearl buttons attached to the ends of the bows and elsewhere
>>
File: foranon.png (715KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
foranon.png
715KB, 800x800px
>>9234407
>>9234416
Agree that the cardigan and shoes definitely don't work. I also feel like the necklace doesn't exactly go with the lighter, almost dream-y feel of the print. Same with the bows. The wig feels very cosplay to me.

I think the tights will work if it's casual actually. Those don't look too solid to me so you might be good on those.

I put the sax cardigan (doesn't have to be this one obviously) to break it up a little. You might be able to find something like this via secondhand sales.

Pink tea parties will probably suit you pretty well. They're very versatile and you shouldn't find them uncomfortable as they're pretty flat. "Normie" flats tend to look a little weird with lolita and are very hard to make work well.

I picked what I could find quickly for headwear. (The bow is currently on Closet Child for 1,800 yen actually!) You could probably wear a beret or another pink bow just as easily.
>>
>>9234464
Thank you so much! Yeah I was figuring tea parties would be the best choice for shoes, but as this event is in two weeks I was trying to find something that could arrive quickly. I also agree about the necklace not really fitting, I was rather iffy on that myself. I do like the idea of a sax cardigan as opposed to pink (there was a lot of pink and finding matching tones is hard!). I'll keep a look out for other pieces to obtain for this. The only things I own for sure are the cutsew, skirt, purse and tights.
>>
File: gardenberries.jpg (114KB, 936x864px) Image search: [Google]
gardenberries.jpg
114KB, 936x864px
I have no idea how to coord this dress. I kind of like the headscarf that it comes with so I think I might go with that but I'm not sure if should just get a boater hat and swap out the bow for something fancier instead? Kind of torn on the bags and shoes too.
>>
>>9234566
The flower hat and the white shoes would bit a bit too OTT. I like the brown bags and the brown oxfords and honestly wouldn't worry too much about the browns matching if you are going for a more casual/toned-down look.

>>9234464
>>9234416
I think I recently sold this skirt after wearing it couple of times. If you aren't feeling the necklace you can always add a pink bow to the collar of the cutsew/blouse. A medium length wig with soft curls also works well, with either a headbow or a side hair clip (or canotier). This skirt is quite hard to tone down, quite honestly.
>>
File: IMG_2086.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2086.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hi everyone, this is a coord for an event this Sunday. Is there anything missing or any improvements? Thanks :)
>>
>>9234821
Really cute, source on the blouse?
If I would change anything it would be the tophat, but I just hate tophats because so many weebs wear them. I think a beret would look even better.
Also, do you have a nice bag to match?
>>
>>9234860
The blouse has a visible BTSSB tag, anon.
>>
>>9234821
I like it, anon! Though I feel like the cute tights would be hidden by the dress and boots. As >>9234860 mentioned, are you bringing a bag?
>>
>>9234821
I feel like the blouse is very lady-like with an otherwise regal or military style (with the JSK, OTKS and boots) maybe go for something with a more structured collar and a tie? And I second >>9234860 In that I also hate top hats. The beret would match this really well.
>>
tfw you see a bunch of ocean and nautical themed outfits.
you guys going to the oni-con teaparty too? <3
>>
File: IMG_2141.jpg (633KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2141.jpg
633KB, 1632x1224px
>>9234860
I have this bag which I think looks ok.
>>
>>9234885
I'm 5'7 and the dress is kinda short so the otks are visible!
>>
File: IMG_2142.jpg (549KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2142.jpg
549KB, 1632x1224px
>>9235568
I also have this AP beret?
>>
>>9235801
I think either would be okay but I don't mind top hat vs. beret. Really you're only going to get so far with a floordinate, some stuff that looks odd and unbalanced on the floor works well on and vice versa.
>>
I'm looking for tips on how to coord this. It's Angelic Pretty's Silky Lady JSK in Sax (like a dusty blue colour).

>>where on earth can I find shoes that match
>>
>>9204659
What do you gulls wear on top of short-sleeve OPs in winter ? I have this one and I'm quite stumped for ideas.
>>
>>9237755
Gold or silver shoes, depending on how it looks irl, would look good as well. Otherwise, painting shoes with Angelus Leather Paint is also an option - I've tried it on a few pairs of mine and it's fairly durable as long as you prime your shoes properly.
>>
>>9237755
You don't have to find shoes that match exactly. When all else fails, introduce a new color to the coord. Black is the easiest but I think dusty pink could look cute too.
>>
>>9239647
A capelet.
>>
File: IMG_2189.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2189.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hi everyone! I'm working on what is probably going to be my final coord of the year for next months Harajuku Fashion Walk :) This is all I have so far, it's Sugar Dream Dome by AP, does anyone have any ideas on where to take it? Thanks everyone! :)
>>
File: image.jpg (375KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375KB, 1200x1800px
I'm not 100% sure on the blouse and socks I picked for the dream marine coord I'm trying to put together, any tips?
>>
>>9239647
A jacket or bolero that fastens in the middle would work.

>>9241113
Not a fan of the striped socks. I would find an in theme print or use a generic pink or lav pattern instead.
>>
>>9241113
Blouse is lovely. I'd change the socks to lavender for the sake of colour balance, with pink shoes. Maybe some blue accessories to tie it all together?
>>
How does IW's bordeaux color compare to Alice and the Pirates?
>>
>>9241113
Yeah I would change the socks too. The stripes wont match the dress.
>>
>>9241113
The collar and bow on the blouse is going to look very weird with the cut of the JSK, and don't do striped socks.
>>
>>9240951
Go full out with a wintery feel I reckon. White short boots with fur toppers, white long sleeved blouse, fur trimmed coat, fuzzy bear ear hat etc.
>>
>>9243170

I like it. Any source on such boots? Also what about a white wig??
>>
>>9242440
I would say it's more muted and leans to a true, rich bordeaux color rather than say, maroon red. May depend on the item though.
>>
>>9243376
if you don't have a baby face white wigs age you like crazy.
>>
>>9234876
Yeah but the name of the blouse would help
>>
>>9242440
Ok thank you. I'm trying to match reds from Le Petit Chaperon Rouge and IW, but reds can be tricky.
>>
>>9243376
No to a white wig, I think you'd start to look tacky. I'd look for the boots and fur toppers separately, something like the Bodyline shoe lucky pack boots would actually be OK and then look for white fur toppers to go with those.
You will also probably want some navy on the top half to balance out all of the white.
>>
>>9239653
I would not put black with that... like at all. it's got white on it for christ sake.
>>
>>9239648
>the amount of complaints about gold shoes on /cgl/ the past year
>suggests them to someone
Man, this is why I don't bother posting in the coord thread.
>>
>>9244740
>people are annoyed with an overdone trend
>said trend can never ever be worn again never ever never no matter what forever

the problem isn't the coord help thread, the problem is people like you who can't look at suggestions as suggestions and then make informed decisions on your own.
>>
>>9244740
because cgl is a single opinioned hivemind. Don't be a fucking idiot.
>>
File: sendhelpplease.png (845KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
sendhelpplease.png
845KB, 800x900px
gulls, i'm having a hell of a time finding a blouse to suit the Heavenly Cross JSK. something white, with a high collar, and made out of chiffon for the nice drape.

i have a few in this collage that i'm considering, but please direct me to some (preferably not new burando prices) if you find anything suitable!
>>
>>9247675
You need a blouse that has elements of the JSK in it, something with more lace and possibly sheer. I'm not sure how particular you are about sleeves, but I think something like this could work?
>>
>>9247701
oh anon, this is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for! mid-length sleeves are my favorite. i didn't even think of looking to Dear Celine.

i hope that this blouse is more of a true white than it is in the picture, but i really want to give it a go. thank you!
>>
File: pls be gentle.png (2MB, 1258x935px) Image search: [Google]
pls be gentle.png
2MB, 1258x935px
This is my first coord I'm putting together so I'm very nervous about doing something ita, this is what I have so far, but I'm not sure what to do about the shoes or blouse specifically.

I was thinking a white long sleeve sheer-like blouse, and shoes that matched the bags colour, (haven't found the right shoes yet, and different tights if the ones if the ones I've chosen are frowned upon) but I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking at that's not too over the top for the blouse.

If I should rethink anything please let me know!
>>
>>9234444
ita as hell just start over
>>
File: im in over my head.png (455KB, 756x728px) Image search: [Google]
im in over my head.png
455KB, 756x728px
I need an intervention

>>9234566
trying for an orange coord as well, this helped! I think the white shoes are okay with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 640x855px
>>9222600
Here

I wore this coordinate, but it was very underwhelming in person and im not sure what I can do to make it better. Any advice, seagulls? Sorry for poop quality.
>>
>>9248911
Stick with one motif and one shade of off-white.
>>
>>9248911
you could start by losing weight
>>
>>9248907
Those orange shoes are a mess, please throw them out. A royal type hair accessory or crown and a ruffley blouse would work I think.

>>9248897
I think you're verging on a bit of costumey territory here, keep it simple for your first coord. Ditch the wig. Gold shoes would be fine then and you can use a navy hair accessory.

>>9248911
You have way too much going on with the cat beret, cross necklace, and bow bag. Not sure about the tights either.
You could push the music theme more with musical tights, a necklace, and even a violin bag if you wanted. Otherwise a plain black bag in a sweet style would work. Definitely get some proper lolita shoes instead of those things you have on.
>>
>>9248916
>>9248925
I see what you guys mean about all the different themes I have going on, I didn't even think about that at all desu. I guess I was just trying to match color and didn't focus on how well everything fit together aesthetically. I thought the shoes could work but I think it's really time to invest in some good black basics and some better, music-themed accessories.

The off-whites will be a challenge to match! I feel like I have the worst luck with buying stuff online that actually gets here and is the right color. But I'll totally try.

Do I need a wig? What kind of accessories (other than a different necklace) would you suggest? Thanks for the help, gulls.
>>
File: Picture1.jpg (45KB, 936x473px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.jpg
45KB, 936x473px
>>9248930
A wig is the least of your issues, like you need to sort your ability to coord and then you can think about a wig (and if you noticed, neither anon mentioned your hair. It's your actual coord). I agree with better shoes and simplifying your themes. You could have made the non matching off whites and cat thing work if you had a plain black cat shaped bag or cat-eared satchel - the ripoff Sailor Moon bags spring to mind - and then kept the music theme going with a music note or treble clef necklace to match. Also, you really need better shoes.
>>
>>9248958
Sorry, I was just curious if I needed to fix that too, since every other part of my coordinate was wrong.

I'm sorry about the shoes and the themes not matching. I won't wear this again until it looks better.
>>
>>9248911
I thought you were channeling that black cat and piano theme I see a lot.
>>
>>9248897
I would replace the bag; I know there are a few stars for buttons, but every coord I've seen using a star bag looks extremely forced. The jellyfish print has more moon imagery in it; I would use that as a bag instead.
The tights are a little normie and would make it a little bottom heavy, but you could probably make it work by balancing it out with lighter colored shoes (You'd have to use some of the darker blue up top to maintain balance though).
I think something chiffon for the blouse would suit this dress pretty well. If you're planning on gold shoes, I would definitely recommend switching to white tights with a printed pattern. I think the wig is a little costumey, and the blue is a completely different shade than the dress (so would look very off when worn).
What were you thinking of using for the headpiece and accesories?
>>
>>9248930
It's hard to see your hair there, but a wig always helps (just something in a neutral color, I think a bob or shoulder length with curled in ends would look great!). However, I agree with the other anon; the wig/hair is less of an issue than the rest. Heeled Mary Janes would look nice I think, since the coord is more toned down, and the bag is a bit busy. Maybe you could look into tea dying the blouse to match? Definitely nix the necklace and replace it with a musical or cat theme accessory, maybe add a white or black bow to the beret. Your long sleeves cover up your wrists, but maybe a ring or two (cat/bow/music themed) would be suitable?
>>
>>9248897
Echoing the other anons in saying ditch the wig. Keep your hair to natural colours. I think the star bag could work if you want to keep a strong star motif throughout. In that case maybe a star necklace or headdress. A lot of /cgl/ is iffy on gold shoes and they tend to look a little off sometimes, so be careful with that. The tights also look cheap in my opinion so I would change them out for something more subdued, maybe white with some gold pattern.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>9248919
>>
>>9244737
>it's got white on it
You are allowed to add new colors to coords, anon. Do you even fashion?
>>
File: my wallet weeps.png (2MB, 1441x1103px) Image search: [Google]
my wallet weeps.png
2MB, 1441x1103px
>>9248925
>>9249003
>>9249026

I've taken the advice, and ditched the wig/bag/gold shoes, and I'm already liking this so much better! (Although I'm still 50/50 for the star bag, it just seems like a better option with carrying around my things, I'm not sure if I have enough \ star acessories to keep the star bag like >>9249026 said, but also don't want to have too many stars that it becomes overbearing)

The headpiece I've picked seems a little off to me,and I may end up making my own with a similar style but smaller and less busy (the cross also seems out of place)

IMO I like B Shoes and AP socks but I'm not sure when getting the socks that the gold will be really dark/too gold? Thanks again for all the advice gulls!
>>
>>9249043
probably not. there are a terrifying amount of Lolitas who wondered into the fashion having had no other interest in clothes before. hence why so many Lolitas cling to things like "only ever use the colors in the dress!!!" and "every shade must match 110%!!!!" which typically start as advice to people who don't know what the fuck they are doing and then spiral out of control because people take it as law.
>>
>>9249423
nice!!! a few things: either you will have to get a low, square neck blouse or go for a bolero if you want to wear that choker. it's cute, but it needs space. I'm not in love with either pair of shoes, but if I had to pick one I'd say A. The AP socs are very cute and go well with the theme. I'd chose them (also I think the gold will match just fine). as far as that headbow goes, it's cute and on-theme, but on my monitor it looks too purple-y for the rest of the coord. not saying it's definitely a no-go, but be cautious.
>>
File: tights.jpg (3MB, 2126x3007px) Image search: [Google]
tights.jpg
3MB, 2126x3007px
>>9249423
I don't really think either of the socks fit all that well; the dress is too elegant looking for the AP Socks, and the Harlequin socks don't really fit the theme imo. Between the two of them, though, I think the AP socks would be more suitable. I'd probably suggest something more like pic related.
Since you're planning to use star shaped accessories, I think you could keep in the star bag (but also, the moon bag you have is yellow, not gold, so wouldn't match well). I like B shoes better than A (A shoes look like the color could vary wildly depending on how the seller filtered the color, and it would probably end up a bit bottom heavy since you aren't putting any darker colors up top), but B shoes look a little costumey (they're madoka's shoes in a different color iirc?). However, I think B would still work pretty well.
>>
File: 99ef8ad4305a6ba93917f90ddb15c1a9.jpg (512KB, 720x2030px) Image search: [Google]
99ef8ad4305a6ba93917f90ddb15c1a9.jpg
512KB, 720x2030px
This dress has just arrived and I'm having a big time trying to coord it. Nothing seems good enough. Up until now I've stick with the official photos' coord, using black blouse, black tighs and a black pair of shoes with some red embellishments, but that's all I feel able to do with it Orz
>>
>>9234444
I'd take all rose references away and ditch the shoes to something sweeter. Also, the bolero is not that nice, try finding something black to coord with it.
>>
>>9234566
I'd go with the white shoes and hat and rabbit bag, anyway;
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (170KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
170KB, 800x600px
I bought this dress from Closet Child but I have no idea how to coord it or which blouse would look good with it. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>9249587
That Peter Pan collar blouse needs to go, for starters. With underbust cut dresses, you need a more mature style blouse, high necks work well. IW does some really nice ones that work well, includin ones with cross lace on. The blouse is the main issue here really. The general feel of the outfit here is a bit more on the sweet end when it suits a simpler, more classic styling. The shoes could be ok, if you can remove a couple of the bows from them.
>>
>>9249587
I know that there is lt blue in the print, but it still looks weird on the blouse. if you still want to use that blouse could you replace the ribbon with a navy or gold or even red one?
>>
>>9249587
Seconding don't use that blouse. It's too casual and sweet for that JSK. Shoes are okay if the bows are removable.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (251KB, 1037x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
251KB, 1037x600px
>>9249591
>>9249593
>>9249597
The bows on the strips are actually removable.
Does this looks better? I am thinking on buying this blouse instead of using the one I already have.
>>
>>9249633
That looks better; Unless you're planning on adding more red to the coord, like with a red bag, I'd avoid using the red shoes and headbow.
>>
>>9249642
Thank you! I will ditch the idea of using red!
>>
>>9249633
>>9249749
If you want to coord it red in the future, then I suggest a red blouse as well as bag. I think it would look nice that way too.
>>
>>9249749
A red bolero or other outer would also work as an addition.
What legwear are you planning to use, don't see any in the collage.
>>
File: littlesruirrelmeta.jpg (491KB, 1674x2653px) Image search: [Google]
littlesruirrelmeta.jpg
491KB, 1674x2653px
Need some help to make this coord better and more interesting. This dress has like three different shades of red.
>>
>>9250314
I have never used a blouse in another color that isn't white or black, so I'm a little afraid it'll look bad or ita. Do you have any tips?

>>9250345
I forgot about them, I plan to wear them with this pair.
>>
>>9250460
Those are a little sweet for the coord imo, maybe the white lace-ish tights with vertical pattern? I can't find a picture atm, but they're pretty commonly used
>>
>>9250354
Wow this is terrible.
>>
>>9250354
If you're going to use that cardigan I would use that shade of red only, so swap out the socks. I think cream knit ones or a foresty print would be cute. Not sure how that blouse would work with the cardigan, or are you trying to decide between the two? I'm not a fan of the shoes at all, they look more gyaru style than anything. A more standard heeled boots might look better and you could add fur cuffs if you wanted to match a collar.

>>9250460
nayrt but IW and other classic brands often have wine red blouses, so it's not too odd a thing. Just balance the red head to toe with either red shoes or sock pattern.
Not really a fan of those tights for the dress, they look too sweet and cutesy. A more mature lace pattern, stained glass, or classic print would match easier.
>>
Working on a Dreamy Jewel coord, I think this is good but this is kind of a difficult dress to coord. I want it to look nice but not gaudy. I have some offbrand pearl bracelets I'll wear for wrist jewelry.
>>
File: dreamyjewelccord.png (1013KB, 1008x736px) Image search: [Google]
dreamyjewelccord.png
1013KB, 1008x736px
>>9250573
And of course, somehow dropped pic.
>>
>>9250573
>I want it to look nice but not gaudy
Looking not gaudy is pretty much impossible with Dreamy Jewel, but I commend you for the effort.

I'd swap the tights and boots for lacy ankle socks and mary janes in brown or tan. The necklace looks more OTT than what I think you want for the coord, do you have something with a smaller pendant? I think a pearl bracelet and a small ring would be nice.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (276KB, 1023x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
276KB, 1023x600px
>>9250490
>>9250495
I can't believe how good it looks with red!!! thanks a lot anons
>>
>>9250656
Oh no, maybe I should stick with blue. Sorry about the disaster.
>>
>>9250651
Can i get the sauce for those socks please?
>>
>>9250651
The white side looks fine, but the red side blouse doesn't really match the rest. The red socks don't fit that well either imo (the polka dot pattern doesn't really suit the rest of the coord's elegance).
>>
>>9250793
Here you go http://www.glitzywonderland.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=218_244&product_id=713

>>9250794
You are right. I will ditch the idea of using red, I don't know why I thought it looked fine.
>>
>>9250819
No, the idea of using red is fine! Wine goes very well with navy and there's red in the print, so the color combination looks pretty good. It's just that those particular socks don't suit the coord, and the red of the blouse you chose looks like it wouldn't match with the other reds of the accessories you chose.
>>
File: Picture1.jpg (59KB, 1158x532px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.jpg
59KB, 1158x532px
>>9250575
Not sure you succeeded with less gaudy just yet.
I'd only keep the blouse and dress from this coord, and go for a plain pearl headband and pearl choker.
Put a blazer on plus plainer tights and tan shoes like other anon suggested. I think Axes Femme has some nice ones at the moment
>>
>>9251039
I'm sorry but those things are hideous. Especially those boots.
>>
>>9250575
>>9251039
Anon please don't take this advice, especially the shoes, because your white ones are cute af.

Honestly, if you're going to rock this dress you better rock the jewels all the way.
>>
Is it possible to match a off-white dress with white shoes with gold details?
>>
>>9251539
It really depends on the dress and the shades of white. Can you take a picture of them together?
>>
>>9250492
>>9251039
Wow the coord help threads are trash lately. Trolls with no taste giving bad or no advice.
>>
>>9251039
>when you realize some of the people giving advice are itas
>>
File: il_570xN.922825195_o72n.jpg (27KB, 570x569px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.922825195_o72n.jpg
27KB, 570x569px
>>9250495
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I guess I would have to choose between the cardi and blouse. I have worn it with just the blouse before so I was hoping to emphasize the red mushrooms and bows on the print, and maybe use more mushroom accessories in my hair , or brooches, rings.

Trying to find more foresty socks online. Sorry to steal but would the socks from >>9250651
work better?

Also, how can I make this more OTT?
>>
>>9250575
Okay, so for actual advice: I'd drop both the DJ bow and tights. I'm sorry if you bought a set, but that pattern is extremely busy and layering it is what is going to cause the gaudiness. I would Keep the blouse and necklace (if that gem actually matches the pink in the dress), the boots are alright but I think it would be better to get some elegant bow pumps in cream. Get more elegant headwear... I am fond of hats, but a headband or bow with cream lace and pearl detailing would be nice. Even a pearl tiara might work, with more hime styled hair. Get some rings with the same jewel as the necklace and a purse that matches whatever shoes you choose.
>>
File: circuscoor.png (285KB, 382x568px) Image search: [Google]
circuscoor.png
285KB, 382x568px
I'm stumped top-wise, I'd rather avoid a black blouse but not matter what I do, no darker shade of purple seems to fit. Suggestions? Should I try with white like the ringmaster in the print?
>>
>>9251039
fuck the police, sauce on the boots?
>>
>>9252008
Sorry anon but I thought it was the wii fit trainer on the skirt
>>
File: dreamyjewelccordupdate.png (903KB, 1008x736px) Image search: [Google]
dreamyjewelccordupdate.png
903KB, 1008x736px
>>9250589
It's usually too cold here for ankle socks, but I will definitely consider some nice lace tights. I have a plain pearl chain, I could wear that instead of the necklace.

>>9251242
Oh I definitely will rock the jewels. I just want a few ways to wear the dress since not every event is super OTT and all.

>>9251971
Necklace gem doesn't match the pink, but does match one of jewels on the dress in the print.

I do have shoes in the pic, would these be better? I could wear these and lace tights but I'm concerned about colour balance.
>>
>>9252008
black and white is a horrible idea anon.

I'd go for navy blouse, navy x gold harlekin socks, the shoes in your pic, some golden accent accessoires, headwear and bag that repeat the purple and the black of the skirt.
>>
>>9252008
Bruh gimme deets on them tights
>>
>>9252033
>harlekin

Speak English
>>
>>9252027
Nayrt but what do you think of shoes in a dark red to match the jewel on your necklace? That way you could have a little more weight on the bottom.
>>
>>9252012
axes femme.

Surprised it got so much hate given anon was specifically asking to be not gaudy, especially since I've seen a very similar combo worn (not with dreamy jewel, but another pink printed dress) and praised as a 'wearable' lolita outfit online.
>>
>>9252401
Pics? It might have worked better with the other dress. I see it working ok with a solid dusty pink dress but I don't think it goes at all with this one. Also different websites have different hiveminds. Never take anything online without a grain of salt.
>>
File: mycoord.png (1MB, 1104x925px) Image search: [Google]
mycoord.png
1MB, 1104x925px
Is this ita?
>>
>>9254078
Both threads and you still manage to bump the old one??
>>
>>9254096
Sorry, I posted here before I noticed the new one.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.