[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New help thread! Any specific questions about your cosplay. Go.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 90

File: download.jpg (9KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 245x206px
New help thread! Any specific questions about your cosplay. Go.
>>
I've been having this problem with sewing these two different fabrics together. I need to top stitch this darker triangle onto a lighter fabric, but this bunching keeps happening. I haven't the slightest idea why this is happening. I suffer.

My sewing machine is pretty limited, so I'm stick with using a buttonhole stitch because the preset zigzag is too long.
>>
>>9204512
you're probably stretching the fabric, as it's bias cut (diagonal). Ease the presser foot a little and don't hold the fabric too tight with your hands, just guide it under the foot. Also check the thread tension just in case. HTH
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 338x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 338x640px
To get the shape of her skirt, should I gather the top and bottom of a rectangle skirt or a circle skirt?
>>
>>9204822
Gather the top of a rectangle, attach a gathered ruffle at the bottom. Wear with a cupcake/bell shaped petticoat.
>>
File: ging.png (340KB, 848x532px) Image search: [Google]
ging.png
340KB, 848x532px
I'm more new and have very low experience with wigs. does anyone know where i could find a wig similar to ging's hair from hunter x hunter. Pic related.
>>
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but here it is

I'm in a predicament, see, I agreed to go to a con with friends, and everyone is dressing up as characters. Now, my problem is that I have a beard, and im tall, but I'm not muscular. I also have small gut which I'm not wanting to get skin tight with.

I don't to shave the beard, but there's no character I can think of with a beard, that isn't incredibly muscular, and also had dark hair. I was thinking of maybe just cutting it and going as caster from fate/zero.

Any ideas? Apologies for being a blatant newfag, I'm not really into cosplay at all.
>>
>>9205220
We usually have suggestion threads that might be able to help better than a thread like this. >>9186610

You fill out the template with the listed info and pictures, add pictures of characters you're considering, and people will either help suggest based on the characters you listed, or add new suggestions. It's customary to respond to others and give them suggestions before posting your own, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (374KB, 415x1292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374KB, 415x1292px
Is there a way I can just buy some premade trim that looks like the one on the bottom of this jacket?
Character is Makise Kurisu.
>>
>>9205243
Yes, I've seen that at my local fabric store. Finding the right color might be hard though. It's called ribbing (in this case, the fold-over type). Try searching for 'striped ribbing'?
>>
this isn't cosplay related but why are there pointed hats on the posts? i am sorry i am very new to this.
>>
>>9205286
KYS
>>
Diy/sewing thread is ded atm so...
Anyone have a preferred method of making/attaching a sailor collar? Working on the jacket/coat part of a Yuru Yuri outfit.
>>
>>9205286
Look at the header. It's 4chan's 13th birthday
>>
I'm making a cosplay for my boyfriend that's going to require a bodysuit. He's a little bit chubby so does anyone have links to some sort of shapewear that works for men that can smooth down his tummy a bit, as well as conceal his junk (or should that be a seperate thing?)
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 245x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 245x253px
>>9205459
>>9205470
>>9205484
Maybe if you post the question a million times more you might get and answer?
>>
>>9205535
>>9205539
>>9205550
You have to be at least 18 years old to be on 4chan.
>>
So I'm doing a r63 harley Quinn look, do you think the shirt would look good as a dropped sleeve tank? Seems really in character in my opinion and I think it would look good.

I already have to do a lot of alterat
>>
>>9205393
For his junk, get a dancer belt. It's what they're for.
Spanx does offer men's shapewear, but most of them are more focused on the entire torso than just the stomach. But still, it'll cover it.
http://www.spanx.com/mens-shapewear
>>
>>9205297
4chan is finally the same age as its average user!
>>
>>9205459
>>9205470
>>9205484
>>9205539
>>9205550

It's a fucking basic cotton robe, find a pattern or commission a larp costume maker, newfag
>>
>>9205459
>>9205470
>>9205484
>>9205535
>>9205539
>>9205550
halloween sure is the best times
>>
>>9205574
I,m 21 year old, your turn you reddit homo
>>
>>9205624
Thank you very much! Also, go fuck yourself 9FAG
>>
>>9205967
>>9205968
If you had posted the request once then you probably would have gotten some help. Shitting up the board with several threads, being an edgelord, not lurking and not doing a basic google search has basically nuked your chances of receiving any help.
>>
>>9205155
If you buy one 'pre styled' you're going to end up with shit quality, so I wouldnt recommend it. Styled wigs are delicate, even ones made by professionals or experienced cosplayers, so shipping and packing them like costume companies do can give you terrible results.

Anyway, your best option would be to either comission it or style it yourself. His wig isn't particularly hard to style, you just need some practice. Arda wigs has some great tutorials on styling and spiking and they make it very easy to understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjFky3nSNg&feature=youtu.be
https://arda-wigs.com/tutorial-list/

As far as what wig to buy, Arda's Marty seems like a good choice, because Ging has a visible hairline (as compared to characters with bangs that have a hairline more hidden) you'll want to go with a lacefront wig for the best look, just know that they will be more expensive. You don't HAVE to buy arda's wigs, you could just search the net for 'short black lacefront wig', but Arda has pretty nice quality and good customer service, so many cosplayers use them.
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/marty-classic/

Good luck anon!
>>
File: 909idolizedTransparent.png (107KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
909idolizedTransparent.png
107KB, 1024x1024px
Oh my god.
I found the perfect!! fabric for this skirt, waited until payday to put in an order for it and... it's sold out.
I have no idea where to go from here! Been searching high and low for another fabric, but no go. Is there perhaps a good way to do the floral design myself? I've never tried anything like that so I'm totally clueless right now.
>>
So I'm thinking of doing a Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker. I want this to double as a Halloween costume and something I'll wear to a con later in November.

My question is about the lightsaber. I've got no metalworking experience so I figured I'd try to 3D print the lightsaber hilt and go from there. But with cosplay I've done in the past it's kind of a hassle to have props when you're just at a normal Halloween party so I'm curious about how easy it would be to make and attach the blade part of the saber for the con later while just using a hilt for Halloween.
>>
>>9206214
Pretty much all the high-end replicas have detachable blades. IIRC correctly they're usually some kind of bayonet fitting like light-bulbs
>>
Any tips for painting a latex mask? I got a Michel Meyers mask to repaint for costume and gave it a first shot yesterday.

I bought a cheap airbrush and mixed acrylic paint with liquid latex. It kept clogging up the air brush so I tried brushing on with a sponge brush. I realizes the paint was way too thick and left streaks. I eventually thinned it out enough to make nice smooth layers but was also impatient and caused thick spots to peel up. I was lucky enough that the paint peeled off easily so I can try again.

I think I may buy a larger spray gun and a different thinner latex. Anybody have any suggestions for materials/techniques?
>>
What's good fabric for the base layer of a school uniform. I made a dess out of ponte and holy hell it's warm (and a little scratchy but I haven't run it through the wash since finishing it)
>>
>>9207095
Latex masks are best with rubber grease paint.
>>
>>9207150
check out my shit thread. Any ideas?
>>9207150
>>9207150
>>9207150
>>
File: Urd 1.gif (16KB, 267x500px) Image search: [Google]
Urd 1.gif
16KB, 267x500px
I'm hoping this is the right place to ask, I'm trying to find a pair of booties that look as close to her shoes as possible but I'm having difficulty. Yes, I know I'll have to modify them in the long run.
>>
>>9207180
Addendum: Most of the booties I've found have buckles and zippers on them which I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>9207181
don't know how high of a heel you want, but maybe these?
http://www.urbanog.com/Fitted-Stretchy-Fabric-Pointy-Toe-Thick-Heeled-Boots_116_72328.html no buckle/zipper, and you could easily modify the top part. There are a few less expensive options on that site as well, although perhaps a bit more difficult to modify.
>>
>>9207129
Would I need to seal the grease paint? What would be best to use?
>>
>>9207164
BB is very good for cosplaying. With so many options you can basically do anything. But actually do it accurately if you are. Not just suit vest and suit pants hunter.
>>
>>9207180
Just get slip-on sneakers and make boot covers. I beg you.
>>
>>9207204
I like those but I want less of a heel/flat if possible.
>>
File: IMG_0978.jpg (44KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0978.jpg
44KB, 500x352px
didn't see the new thread because I'm a dumbass.
looking for fabric/construction suggestions on the boots/belt/braclets for her.
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (32KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
32KB, 340x270px
To the anon who is about to come in here for the Napoleonic war uniform

http://www.simplicity.com/burda-style-pattern-2471-napoleon/X02471BURDA.html

I'm not sure what "affordable" is to you, though.
It's worth it. Made the green one, perfectly doable.
>>
Is there a place to basically pirate brand name patterns from? I just need the instruction sheet since it got ruined.
>>
>>9207481
If anon is going for period materials i hope that budget is high because those uniforms are wool. Also i highly suggest making a muslin mock up first.
>>
File: IeN0ypa.jpg (56KB, 845x458px) Image search: [Google]
IeN0ypa.jpg
56KB, 845x458px
Not sure if this is the right place but I'm going to be Howl for Halloween and my plan was buying a pink jacket that is the right style (possibly a size or two up) and then attaching the rest of the fabric. Finding a jacket that matches is the hardest part, I've done some looking at amazon. I suppose I can dye another color jacket as a last resort. I would prefer if the jacket was under 40 dollars. Any ideas for a cheap jacket/coat I can use, guys? The inside doesn't have to be red. Thanks in advance. Oh, and sorry if this is the wrong place.
>>
>>9207127
>base layer
You mean like the main fabric? If it's a blazer or skirt, a suiting or bottomweight polyester twill. If it's a blouse, a shirting. Some medium to bottomweight poly/cotton blends may also work depending on the uniform.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 505x505px
Anyone know how to make a scabbard? Also anyone know where i can buy trunks ss wig?
>>
>>9208007
I wish I weren't dumb. I barely remember what I was asking.
If you're making a uniform that's a dress for the bottommost layer, what should it be made from?
Currently making it from a light, softish cotton blend.
>>
Board-related: Are we doing Secret Santa this year?
>>
>>9208158
A.K Wirru has a tutorial for one made of foam on his facebook page, just look in his tutorial folder it should be in there.

As for the wig maybe look into Arda wigs
>>
File: Misaka_Railgun.jpg (24KB, 240x351px) Image search: [Google]
Misaka_Railgun.jpg
24KB, 240x351px
>>9204509
How to do the stripes + emblem on her vest? I was thinking of using fabric paint but would that look ugly and crack the paint because it's the neckhole and it stretches out? sorry for the noob question
>>
When I go from 0 to 100 on my sewing machine, the thread (coats and clark) gets stripped. Is this because I just shouldn't do that or because the thread is low quality or something else?
>>
someone can help me to find a wig of Petelgeuse Romanee conti ?
i only find one in aliexpress but not really good quality
>>
>>9208562
The Priscilla from arda wigs would work nice! I'd suggest getting the classic fiber one. There's also a sale going on right now so it'd be a great time to get one. Good taste btw, haha.
>>
File: bow diagram.png (23KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
bow diagram.png
23KB, 800x720px
How can I make some sort of mechanism to keep this folding bow locked in position? I've already sketched and tested the hinge itself on wood, but cant even think of the springs, buttons and pegs that could hold it into place.
>>
>>9208624
can't found green wigs :(
>>
File: magnetic touch latch.jpg (72KB, 700x456px) Image search: [Google]
magnetic touch latch.jpg
72KB, 700x456px
>>9208702
How about something like a push latch? They come in varieties but I think a magnetic one could work for your purpose.
>>
>>9208476
It could be low quality thread or could be your needle aperture is too small for the thread you're using. Maybe try a larger needle.
>>
>>9204509
>>
The way makeup is applied seems to have changed since I started wearing it. I don't understand what day-to-day makeup is anymore. I keep seeing girls applying a full face of what I used to think was studio/photo shoot makeup just to go out. And I don't even know what tutorials to watch on YouTube as it seems like some of them are extending into drag territory.

Is there even a right or wrong way? I've always just stuck with foundation, brows, liner, mascara and blush because I thought it was enough.
>>
>>9208943
I realise too late this could have gone in the makeup thread. But can someone help me all the same?
>>
>>9208943
>extending into drag territory
I'm just "realy" learning makeup so this scares me
>foundation, brows, liner, mascara and blush because I thought it was enough.
I hope it stays enough.
Have examples for what changes you're worried about in makeup?
>>
>>9208943
If your setup is enough and you're satisfied with how you look, there's no need to change it.
Makeup is heavily susceptible to change and trends, don't stress over it.
>>
>>9208992
The latest seems to be shiny or glittery cheeks. To me it just looks oily.

Also apparently there's one right way t do eyebrows and no one is telling me it.
>>
>>9208762
Oh shoot, I didn't notice that. EpicCosplay's Selene would work well too, and they actually have a green wig in that style haha.
>>
>>9209141
sorry but.. it's more blue than green :/
>>
>>9207932
Bumping my question. How long should I wait before bumping something on this board?
>>
>>9207932
The technique you're looking for is called applique. As for the jacket, if you want to buy it I'd look for a blazer with a standing collar. Personally I'd hit up thrift stores rather than look online, but that's my preference. Good look.
>>
>>9209204
like a week. not even kidding. this board is slow as fuck so constantly bumping will just make people flatout ignore your question.
>>
>>9209204
I've come to not bump anything on 4chan, people get so damn pissy. /g/ is pretty bad about it.
>>
File: IMG_0122.gif (239KB, 307x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0122.gif
239KB, 307x422px
Any ideas for her tonfas? The metal crosses.
I'm thinking wood but I don't know how to work with wood very well..
>>
File: bow diagram.png (13KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
bow diagram.png
13KB, 800x720px
>>9208801
Now that you mention it, magnets could be useful, and I dont even need to buy some lock. I think I'll go with some properly placed neodinium magnets (the green spots on the drawing.)
>>
>>9209448
PVC tubes for the cross part. The tips can be from EVA foam: make two cones and glue them on their bases, then on the end of each tube. The golden rings on top can be from foam, too. And just add some straps on the bottom to attach them to your forearm.
>>
File: DIY-Tee-7_f_improf_651x431.jpg (89KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
DIY-Tee-7_f_improf_651x431.jpg
89KB, 650x431px
Hey guys, I need some help about painting a shirt.

I want to paint a design on a (cotton) shirt, but last time I tried I found that it absorbed all the paint really well and I had to do multiple (20+) layers for it to show properly. In the end, it looked like a gummy mess. I used regular fabric paint.

What can I do to prep the fabric? Is there a way to make a design show up nicely?
>>
>>9204512
Unfortunately, looks like the stitch length is too short, so if you can't adjust that on your machine you're probably out of luck.

>>9206149
If you have basic graphic design skills, you could do it on Spoonflower - given you don't need much, the price isn't as rough. Or you can handpaint it but you need hardcore art skills.

>>9206214
The blade I have from Ultra Sabers uses a small inset screw to hold the blade in place - no hole in the blade, the pressure from the screw tip and the inside of the hilt hole is enough to hold it pretty tightly.
>>
File: Rika digi.png (29KB, 227x367px) Image search: [Google]
Rika digi.png
29KB, 227x367px
I'm pretty new to styling wigs and I was wondering if someone could give me tips or point to a tutorial on how to achieve a spikey/fluffy ponytail like so?
>>
>>9209619
Yep, I tend to overthink things anyways so if you can get some magnets easily, go for it. Getting a latch like the one I mentioned would be easier for me so that's why I suggested that, ha.

>>9209204
Like other anons say, just don't bump; If someone knows they'll answer, if not I'm afraid you're a bit out of luck. We're not the end all of solutions, after all.
But for your question, I personally wouldn't try adapting an excisting jacket. Buy seperate fabrics (maybe just even one big piece of white that you divide to dye), use some quilters techniques to make a big diamond-shaped piece of fabric, cut your jacket pieces from that and done. I'm sure you can get the fabric and dyes for this for under 40 dollars.
Here's a quilting tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZtxWAhw20
Ignore that it uses three colours, just alternate the two colours on yours, and also upscale the strips.

>>9209727
20 layers for fabric paint is way too much, so I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe you had some old paint? Could have been on the shelf for a while.
Aside from washing your t-shirt if it's a new one you can't really do much prep-work. you could try stippling it on with a sponge in thin layers if you used a brush, or vice versa.

>>9209849
You could try a few different things for the spikes, glue hairs over foam inserts like
>http://tsubasahime.deviantart.com/art/Spiked-Ponytail-Valentine-Wig-Tutorial-358979367
Or just fluff up some hair spikes like in
>https://arda-wigs.com/making-a-cloud-wig/
>>
File: image.jpg (439KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
439KB, 1280x720px
Is there any place out there that does commissions for custom contacts?
>>
>>9210179
http://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/
>>
If anybody knows where to get these shoes (or any shoes similar to the Yume no Tobira ones), I'll be forever grateful.
I've been looking everywhere, and not being able to use Taobao doesn't help.
>>
File: IMG_20161005_161154.jpg (7KB, 197x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_161154.jpg
7KB, 197x160px
>>9210286
Shit, sorry about the pic.
>>
Where to buy cute girl shoes for lolita and crossplay when you have big flipper feet?
>>
Sorry for being a retard, but how do you get pleats in a skirt to stay? If you just iron them, wouldn't they come out in the wash?
>>
>>9210304
Look into Chinese foot binding.
>>
File: IMG_2101.jpg (3MB, 3000x4507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2101.jpg
3MB, 3000x4507px
Aah! After months of being away and banned for 2 days and 16 hours, its feels good te be back on 4chan !!

Did i miss something during my absence? No, very good then.

I really need some help, where and how do i get/buy/make the monk robe of Jaqen H'ghar? I really need and want it, so please help me.
>>
>>9210506
You mean the historical practice? I don't see how that helps since my feet are developed. Also I like being able to walk.
>>
Is there a site like lolibrary that is more reliable? It's been down each time I've checked it.
>>
I was hoping to use Scuba fabric for my latest costume as I love how easy it is to sew, it holds everything (read: my tummy) in place and hides underwear lines. But the only fabric I can find in the colour I need is a jersey. Is it possible to line or interface the jersey with a neutral coloured scuba to make sort of built-in shapewear?
>>
>>9210801
Just buy some shapewear?
>>
>>9210304
Some sellers on Taobao have larger sizes, if you search shoes as "plus size" you can find them. Otherwise you might be SOL and have to buy the few loli-able stripper shoes from Please and its offshoots (Funtasma, Demonia, Bordello, Fabulicious, Pin Up Couture).
>>
>>9210536
Best way is to make the same post a dozen times within an hour.
>>
>>9204509
Im going thursday and friday. Doing a old man oliver queen cosplay. I need help with the old age makeup i bought. no idea how to do it. Will pay 10 bucks to anyone that can apply to my face.
>>
>>9208210
Same answer as >>9208007, I'd try to pick a suiting or polyester twill by default unless you have a reference picture showing an unusual drape or silhouette of the outfit.
I generally shy away from 100% cotton for anything but the shirting since it tends to wrinkle easily.
>>
I'm losing weight to cosplay a revealing character b/c I am a fattychan at the moment. Already down 6 lbs, but I do want to ask, have any of you gulls had success in hiding/getting rid of stretchmarks?
>>
>>9211426
gtfo fattychan
>>
So I'm thinking of making a mask, similar to a kigurumi mask, of a certain character. I was thinking of using a 3D model to turn into a pepakura model, then covering it in fiberglass or maybe paper mache. I thought this would be simpler and easier than sculpting the mask myself by hand. I'm not sure if I would want paper mache or fiberglass? What is the normal cost of say the amount of fiberglass needed for a pepakura helmet?
>>
File: Longclaw 2.jpg (33KB, 864x343px) Image search: [Google]
Longclaw 2.jpg
33KB, 864x343px
Anyone have any good links to sword/weapon painting tutorials? (or just making in general). I'm making 'Longclaw' from Game of Thrones for a friend's Jon Snow cosplay. Its my first time trying to make a sword, so any tips would be great. Tried looking around online a bit but most of the tuts I found either 1)looked like shit or 2) required heavier materials like wood/metal which would make the prop forbidden to bring into the con. Thanks so much in advance! (pic related is the sort of thing im aiming for)
>>
>>9211426
I believe in fattychan.

Most scar removal stuff should work on stretch marks, I think there's creams and stuff made specifically for stretch marks though.
>>
>>9211516
I'll look into it. I really dislike mine and I'm hoping there's a solution by the time I lose the weight
>>
>>9210938
On this note, does anyone have a suggested or favorited place to buy shapewear from?
>>
>>9211041
Are you asking how to do makeup to look old?
Basically just do a bunch of exaggerated expressions (raise your eyebrows really high, smile too hard, etc.) and shade in where the wrinkles appear.
>>
How do you get over the nerves of cosplaying for the first time?

I'm worried I'll end up on some bad cosplay thread or just not get recognised and render the entire thing pointless
>>
>>9211611
So you've just outlined the two worst case scenarios. Those are the worst things that can happen. If you end up in the bad cosplay thread, take some criticism, improve next time. If no one recognizes you, next time you can seek out other cosplayers from the same property and hang out with them, or, if you want pictures of your cosplay, hire a photographer so you're guaranteed to have some.

Also have fun and don't worry so much about it. Assuming you're going to a con, you will not be the only one dressed up, and you probably won't be the worst dressed.
>>
>>9211620
I was spurred by your comment and have spent the last hour prepping my costume. I'm gonna take it and if the mood strikes me I'll throw it on for a bit but at least then I have the choice.

Thanks!
>>
>>9211694
Awesome! Hope you have a great time and hope this is the first of many cosplays you'll wear.
>>
File: f9e.jpg (553KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
f9e.jpg
553KB, 1200x810px
I found a bonnet I really want to make for a braixen gijinka, but I have never made a pattern before and was wondering if there was someone out there who could translate the image into a pattern.

The artist for the image is here:
http://kira-summit.tumblr.com/post/125373509900/my-apprentice-magic

...In case someone needs more references.

Thanks!
>>
File: 1935514769.png (96KB, 328x282px) Image search: [Google]
1935514769.png
96KB, 328x282px
How do I deal with those edgelords that scream weeabo at people for anything?

I made a new group of friends at college and I brought up liking lolita fashion and enjoying asian cooking and now anytime i have anything even slightly asian they go nuts and shout weeabo at me over and over to the point I'm getting stressed about even posting my hobbies on facebook

It's also ironic the leader of it seems to want to protect anything japanese like its a personal insult to her
>>
>>9211831
To be idealistic, don't let them get you down!

To be real, I had a problem like that a few years ago with my interests, so I kind of shut them out and then slowly reintroduced them to the same people who ridiculed me. I got to know them better before I expressed myself more, but I guess I'm just beta like that...
>>
>>9211831
Not sure why my reply was deleted.

Cut them out of your life, I'm half Japanese and have people call me a weeb for my Japanese interests. They aren't well and 99% of the time the people who do this are closet weebs.
>>
>>9211844
>>9211839

Thank you for replying, It's really gotten me down and I'm going to see if that problem goes away if I'm with others so fingers crossed!
>>
>>9211477
Like $30 top for all the materils (which will be good for more than just a helmet, I did a whole chestplate and had leftovers, but it doesn't come in smaller amounts), but if you don't have a respirator already, those are like another $30-$40. If you're doing a lot of stuff with contact cement/spray paint/other solvent-based products you should probably have one anyway.

I've had luck with the 3D model -> pepakura -> finishing route though!
>>
>>9211844
>99% of the time the people who do this are closet weebs.
Very true, I'm not sure if normies even know what a weeb is.
>>
>>9212094
Do you have any brands to recommend on fiberglass/polyester resin?

I do own a respirator
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 760x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 760x535px
Anyone have general recommendation/suggestions for the zombies and survivors in a zombie film I'm making?
>>
There's a hair accessory I want for my halloween coordinate on LM, but it's being sold by a relatively well-known ita/lolcow/obnoxious person. I don't want to be petty but at the same time it makes me feel weird and i dont want to give money to someone who has weird ideologies and bad coords. Also kind of feeling like my taste might be bad if i want something she has owned lol...
>>
>>9212492
nice blog
>>
File: Textless_Doctor_Strange.jpg (3MB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
Textless_Doctor_Strange.jpg
3MB, 2048x2732px
Doctor Strange is coming out soon and I was wondering how I would 'cosplay' or get facial hair similar to him. Unfortunately I can't grow facial hair very well so I really don't know how to get a similar effect to having a real goattee and moustache like him. If someone could point me in the right direction to deal with this, that would be wonderful.

Please and thanks!
>>
File: tumblr_myozzdZGFL1rnte9xo1_250.gif (553KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myozzdZGFL1rnte9xo1_250.gif
553KB, 245x245px
I'm trying to shop around for a wig for Erina Pendleton. It's my first time looking at blonde wigs, and I'm struggling a bit to find one similar to her color (not too yellow) that's also cool toned. If anyone could give suggestions I'd really appreciate it. She seems pretty cool toned as well to me, but her yellow-ish hair still works on her because anime. In actuality, my skin has a distinct pink tint to it, so I'm worried about clashing. In the unofficial manga colorings her hair is more yellow and a tiny bit darker, but in the anime it's more light blonde, even indoors.
>>
>>9212297
Make sure quality isn't shit, make the story unique. If you do go low budget at least be the first to make a lost found footage zombie flick. Study other zombie movies and learn from them. And have fun.
>>
File: horse.jpg (250KB, 980x1456px) Image search: [Google]
horse.jpg
250KB, 980x1456px
what is her booty thing called and how would I go about making it?
Id like to do the same but attach a mermaid tail instead
kind of like if a hippocampus hadnt lost its legs
>>
>>9212587
I'm assuming she's wearing a bustle, but the short kind (metal or padded, likely the latter that looks like a pillow on your ass).
>>
I am having trouble finding a top for this look, can't seem to find a jumper with the right look to it, including the lower portion with the buttons, anyone know what i could do for that? I could try sewing them onto a regular matching jumper but i've never sewed before.
>>
>>9212587
>hippocampus
anon you might want to check your spelling
>>
>>9212492
Just buy it, it's just a fucking accessory.

>>9212691
Sewing buttons is one of the easiest things to do, just make sure they're evenly spaced.
>>
>>9212574
There's a wig thread up right now, you might check there for more helpful suggestions. Also you'll generally get better answers if you've looked around a little bit and are deciding between a couple wigs.
>>
File: Fox_SSB4.png (162KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
Fox_SSB4.png
162KB, 391x391px
Doing a humanized Fox next summer. Basically, I'm wondering what kind of jacket this is to find a pattern for it. I also don't know what you call that ribbed material at the collar. I feel like it's that same material you find on the cuffs of sweaters and such.

Also, the scouter. How do I get that to stay on my head without a wig? It doesn't sit like a headband... I don't know what to make it out of... Worbla? Any other tips and advice are welcome! Thanks!
>>
>>9212217
Not really - I used Bondo because that's pretty much all Home Depot carries. Get the woven fiberglass cloth rather than the mat, though, it'll be easier to smooth out, and get a pack of cheap chip brushes as it's not worth the effort to try and clean and reuse them.

>>9212917
It's usually just called cotton ribbing. Joann's tends to have at least black and white, typically hiding on a shelf below the other knit fabrics.
>>
File: hippocampus.jpg (1MB, 2370x1586px) Image search: [Google]
hippocampus.jpg
1MB, 2370x1586px
>>9212692
>hippocampus
>>
Hey guys, long time lurker, short time cosplayer here

I'm about to try sewing my own cosplay, but I have kind of an interesting situation. I'm a /fit/izen and I spent a long time powerlifting (aka getting fat) and have recently spent the past year cutting hard. Lost about 50lbs but have around 15 to go.

Anyway, the con I'm planning to go to is about six months away, and I'd like to start on my outfit now, but by the time the con comes around, I'll be a totally different size. Any advice?
>>
>>9213064
If you're a first time cosplayer - I can almost guarantee the cosplay you make now will not be to your standards. In 6 months you will be so much better. Make one now as practice, and you can remake it later to your new size, with more sewing knowledge.
>>
>>9213064
this>>9213067
Buy cheap fabric, cotton or muslin or even stuff out of the remnants bin, and just practice. Watch tutorials and ask on cgl for tips on whatever techniques youre going to use (sewing in general, making armor, painting fabric, wig styling, etc) and you'll guaranteed be much happier with your 2nd cosplay, and you'll be in better shape. Congrats on the weight loss, too!
>>
>>9212917
>>9212953

Cool thank you.

Still looking to figure out what that style of jacket would be called, and if anyone has any ideas for the scouter, please let me know!
>>
How would you create decent-looking leather armour, preferrably hard one, without using real leather?
>>
File: 1475117255872.png (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1475117255872.png
67KB, 230x230px
>>9213067
>>9213076
ty senpai
>>
>>9213145
>wants leather armour
>doesn't want to use leather
u wot m8
>>
>>9213145
You could use worbla but worbla looks terrible
>>
What makeup brands and specific makeup do you use for your cosplay, I've been searching around and It seems kinda empty other than Ben nye, I've been struggling to find a good foundation that Is good for cosplay¿
>>
>>9213482
You don't need "cosplay specific makeup."
Generally drugstore makeup is fine for most characters. You have to put more focus on concealer, contour, setting spray/powder, and character-specific details usually, but the products are the same.
>>
>>9213303
Ethical reasons mainly. Some cosplays I want include leather armours and leather armour looks cool AF but I want to stay away from animal product industry as far as I can.
>>
>>9213487

lol
>>
>>9213487
I've thought about this, but don't mind using leather now because at least all parts of the cow are being used. It's not like they're being killed just for their hide so leather is pretty far from the fur industry.
>>
>>9208702
>>9208801
>>9209619
>>9210156
Ok, so now that I've set for magnets, which kind should I buy? If the arm is gonna weight around 2 kg/ 5 lb, how strong must the magnets be so the arm folds when I move it, but not by its own weight?
>>
>>9213487
>>9213145
Use pleather, then.
>>
>>9213531
Ok, I'm working on a Devil Nico cosplay and am wondering if https://arda-wigs.com/shop/curly-clip-classic/ would work for the set (I have a black wig that I use for nico, but I want to know if these clips would be good for the effect)
>>
File: IMG_1583.jpg (73KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1583.jpg
73KB, 540x540px
I'm probably being finicky, but do you guys know where I could find fabric paint in more of this orange-yellow color? Tulip only has a sunshine yellow, which I think is what most people are using but I'm too much of a gotdamn perfectionist. I would mix it myself but since I have to use a good amount, I'd be afraid of fucking it up every time I have to mix it.
>>
>>9213609
Try borrowing a kitchen scale, maybe? That way, you could pour the yellow and measure the weight, then add the red untill you get the shade you want and write down how much of each color your mixture has. Then, if you need to make more paint later, it´s just a matter of percentages to replicate the yellow to red ratio.
>>
>>9213560
You'd have to cut them and straighten the curls out a little bit, but it can work.
>>
I recently got a tattoo and need to cover it for cosplay. It's fully healed now (got it 3 months ago) and was wondering what is the best cover up to use for it?
>>
>>9211696
I dunno if you're still knocking about but I'm on the train home from the convention and I just wanted to let you know that it went fantastic. My initial plan was to get changed and wander around for an hour and see if anybody wanted photos with me but I threw on my kit as soon as I got in.

about five minutes in, I got asked for a photo, and though I'm not sure the guy knew who I was supposed to be, he did say my costume was "so fucking cool", so I ended up staying in it for almost the entire day. I took a ton of selfies with other cosplayers, got asked for photos, and even got recognised and compliments on my work!

Just wanted to say thanks. I'm sure it's not much, but your words really worked and I'm really happy.
>>
>>9214133
Generally cover it with lipstick or eyeshadow (reds, pinks, or oranges) to cover up the ink, seal it, and then cover it with foundation or concealer.
>>
The wig I want that's perfect for my cosplay is arda's jett in platinum blonde. However it's on backorder and will be for a while. Does anyone have a recommendation of something similar? I just can't find a good messy platinum blonde male wig. All the ones I'm finding are the right color but too long or the right cut but not available in the right color.

Wig for reference and color: https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jett-classic/
>>
>>9214235
Would this work?
https://www.epiccosplay.com/hermes-12-boycut-mens-natural-blonde-short-cosplay-wig.html
>>
File: Shimakaze.png (345KB, 500x880px) Image search: [Google]
Shimakaze.png
345KB, 500x880px
I'm gonna be a trap shimakaze but I'm 6'0. Is your standard Shimakaze wig gonna be too short, or too small for my head?
>>
>>9214263
The wigs should have a listed length. Something around 48" should be fine.
>>
File: mado embroider mockup.png (221KB, 522x369px) Image search: [Google]
mado embroider mockup.png
221KB, 522x369px
I need help making a logo for a sweatshirt. Here's a general mockup of what I'm hoping to make it look like.

I really like to have an embroidered look, but the only person I know with an embroidery machine has no clue how to make it and is unreliable. I'm wondering if I should learn how to do it by hand, and if so, what suggestions people have about going about it. I've heard the phrase satin stitching thrown around, so I think that might be what I'm looking for. Since it's just squares and straight lines, I wonder if there's even simple sticks of fabric or something to buy to put together in that shape.

It'll be 7x5 inches roughly, and on the chest of a sweatshirt. Not sure if it'd be better to do it on a separate fabric and iron it on, or just embroider directly into the sweatshirt (after a few tests of course).
>>
>>9214306
you could get an embroidered patch custom made then sew that on
>>
>>9214306
Do it on a separate fabric, PLEASE. You run the risk of ruining the shirt if you do it straight on.

I really recommend getting a patch custom-made. There are lots of people on Etsy with embroidery machines who will do one-off orders.
>>
>>9214263 here, back again

How much should I set aside for my makeup budget?
>>
>>9214140
Still around! I'm glad you had a great time. Now the trick will be finding those photos that people took.
>>
>>9215007
Yeah, I posted in the event hashtag, I'm hoping I get tagged soon! I don't have Facebook and I made a Twitter just for this. Fingers crossed!
>>
This is probably stupid but what the hell is this style of skirt called? It's like in between a gather and a pleat, and I have no idea how to make it or what to look up
>>
>>9215284
I think its just a short circle skirt. Look up "clamp ruffles" for tutorials with similar skirts.
>>
>>9215286
oh, those tutorials are perfect! This makes everything so much easier, thanks anon!
>>
What are some good places to buy not-so-expensive fabric?
>>
>>9208702
just do a liner lock bro
>>
>>9212587
it's called a "faux cul" that mean fake ass in french
beware that faux cul is also slang for hypocritical
>>
File: 1454589404645.png (322KB, 700x583px) Image search: [Google]
1454589404645.png
322KB, 700x583px
Should I just rotary cut the edges of my fleece tomato onsie? I'm trying to find a hem I like but idk.
>>
hey this is my first time here but i made a post and was guided to come here so i'll repeat my plea again, 'So I'm an English, white, average height, thin, male and I really really want to get into cosplay. If I were to say a character I most closely resemble, it would be Yukimura from Aoharu x Machinegun. I just don't know where to start, like I get that there are events but there aren't many in the UK that I can get to, I don't know how to create cosplay by hand bc I'm not qualified for that but I don't want to pay £200 for a exact cosplay that's made for me, so I just need any advice / tips for beginners whatsoever!'
>>
>>9215709
if the character you want to cosplay is the one you posted then that looks like a decently easy first job. I'd say the most difficult part would be getting a wig if your hair doesn't match, but charity shops would be your best friend. I did a cosplay with a suit blazer I bought from Barnados for £1, turns out it was from M&S! regarding location, there's bound to be a convention of any sort in a city near you. if you're North, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester are good! I'm not too sure about Midlands or South England but any convention will be good. you'll get noticed by somebody, video games and anime have a big crossover range and those are the most common types of convention.
>>
>>9215718
ahh thankyou so much for the advice and no no im just saying i look pretty similar, i'd want to be a bit more ambitious for my first cosplay ahh
>>
>>9215731
well don't worry about looks, you dress up as whoever you like. be as ambitious as you like because your first cosplay is more of a learning experience than anything. it may not be perfect, but you'll be proud.

did my first cosplay this weekend myself!
>>
>>9215742
ahh i have no idea what i want to do though, and there are no events this time of year bc halloween and stuff but well done on your first yourself
>>
File: IMG_20161008_122705.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_122705.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>9215746
Think about something you like, pick a character you like, pick a character you'd like to act as, think about how they might act!

I did Mr Foster from Killing Floor. I've always liked the character design and I'm a huge fan of the game, and I decided I wanted to cosplay him and just take selfies with other cosplayers. im still waiting for good full body shots, but here's one
>>
best place to get a tailored asuka plugsuit? I want it for my gf, looking to spend up to $400 but $200 would be ideal
>>
>>9215731
>>9215731
A good thing to keep in mind, don't be too ambitious. You wouldn't be the first to crash and burn because they wanted to do a ridiculously complex outfit. Secondly, a lot of cosplay comes down to planning.

Take the following things into consideration:
>make a list of characters that you would like to portray sometime, from simple (like your example), to complex (like full-armour sets a la Iron Man)
>pick one that you think you can easily sew together/get help in making it/buy parts for in shops/modify from existing clothes
>pick a reasonable time frame for yourself: you're not going to cobble something together in two weeks if you've never sewn, for example
>pick something you can transport, huge props are not the best idea if you have to go with public transport
>once you decided, look at as many generic cosplay tutorials (or even costume tutorials) as you can, there are lots of results for most "x cosplay tutorial" where "x" can be anything from wigs to props to weapons to armour to sewing to...
>your first cosplay will probably just be kind of bad in one way or another, and that's okay; learn from experience

I think the hardest part is moderation. I get the idea of it being new, exciting and I-want-to-do-EVERYTHING-NOW, but brakes on and start slow. Good luck, and most importantly have fun!
>>
>>9215777
thankyou so much for that checklist, i've known about it for a long time but i've just recently moved away and want to do things i've always wanted to do, now i have the freedom
>>
File: shishio.jpg (80KB, 581x562px) Image search: [Google]
shishio.jpg
80KB, 581x562px
I'm working on improving my Makoto Shishio Cosplay, I have gauze for wraps,but i'm looking for a better material, something like Picture related
>>
File: i__m_wishing_by_shoomlah-d3ds8iu.jpg (282KB, 821x1152px) Image search: [Google]
i__m_wishing_by_shoomlah-d3ds8iu.jpg
282KB, 821x1152px
What would be the best kinds of fabric to use for a dress like this?
>>
File: image.jpg (400KB, 912x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400KB, 912x734px
Should I find someone to screen print a shirt for me or should I just paint it with fabric paint? The design isn't too complicated
>>
>>9216105
That'd be super easy with fabric markers or iron-on transfer
>>
>>9212917

Reposting for posterity. What would you call this style of jacket? I need to find a pattern to sew it.
>>
>>9216105
I screenprinted my shirt anon, it all depends on the fabric you're using. Is it sport fabric? Cotton?
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 318x159px
I am cosplaying as dr. strange and what material do I need to use in order to keep the collar up. pic related.
>>
>>9216231
Interfacing, horsehair braid, very thin wire.
>>
>>9208476
Back again because my Güterman thread is stripping now; I think it's the Singer Titanium needles stripping it. I'm using 100% polyester and 80/11 needles. Thoughts? I dont have other needles to swap out.
>>
>>9216220
Cotton
>>
Newbie here. How acceptable/normal is wearing the same cosplay on more than one day of the con, assuming you don't smell or anything?
I'm in kind of a rush, and I'm beginning to think I better put all my effort into one good detailed cosplay with props rather than multiple half-assed ones.
>>
>>9216453
Its fine, although if be prepared to dress in plainclothes if your cosplay starts getting that con funk. No one wants to be around smelly people.
>>
>>9216460
this. if its heavily funked, please go plainclothes. but spraying febreze on it the moment you get out of the cosplay and making sure you wash yourself and use deodorant too should take care of things. it does for me anyway, and ive never had any issues.
>>
>>9216453
Honestly I find it gross if I see someone in the same cosplay they were wearing all day yesterday. Even if you Febreeze it, I just assume you smell bad anyway. Sorry.
>>
>>9216453
This is why I advocate proper, and multiple undergarments for cosplay. If your cosplay will allow it, under armor top and bottoms, and wear clean ones each day. Not only will they help your overall figure by keeping everything nice and tight, but they will also be an extra layer limiting the sweat that gets on your costume. if not under armor specifically, then at least some sort of undershirt. It will give you an extra days worth from your costume, but I wouldn't recommend wearing it for more than 2 days without washing it.
>>
File: vintage-duffle-wp-1.jpg (142KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
vintage-duffle-wp-1.jpg
142KB, 1200x800px
I want to learn how to make patterns for leather things, what do?
>>
do you need a SS to buy from mercari.jp?
>>
>>9216453
It's acceptable as regular clothes; if it gets dirty/starts smelling, change. Spraying Febreze is not an alternative (like dousing yourself in Axe). Wear and change undergarments daily to wick sweat instead of letting the costume take it if possible.

I've had to wear the same costume for 3-4 days in a row for events and usually by the last day I'd be tired of wearing the same costume even if it wasn't dirty to the eye.
>>
>>9208476
>>9216295
What do you mean by stripping and 0 to 100? Is the thread shredding apart when you start sewing on the fastest mode? What machine do you have? What sort of fabric are you sewing? Have you tried using Schmetz or Organ brand needles? Singer's needles are really middle of the road in terms of quality in my experience.
>>
File: 20161010_164111-1.jpg (376KB, 1681x996px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_164111-1.jpg
376KB, 1681x996px
>>9216766
Stripping as in the outside gets bunched up further up the thread before the needle. (See pic)
0-100 as in flooring it (turns out this doesn't seem to matter).
Machine is a Brother cs 6000i.
Happened on a sportwear cotton blend first (a satin with a tiny stretch), then happened again on fleece.
I think the needle that was installed out of the box was Organ; didn't happen on that but that's a sample size of 1 needle and 1 pleated dress.

I'm thinking now that it may be the tension control doing it but going higher or lower doesn't resolve it; I have to rethreaded the machine which is nbd; what is a problem is that I have to start again in the middle of a seam which I just don't like because I'm weird.

What's your preference in needle brand?
Also thanks for taking interest.
>>
>>9216605
yes
>>
File: 1474496877822.png (1MB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1474496877822.png
1MB, 751x1063px
What do you call the tacky strip that holds up thigh-high stockings?
>>
>>9217165
I've seen it sold as "fashion tape", might be other names though.
>>
>>9217165
Fashion tape, or you can use sock glue.
>>
>>9216598
Do you have experience working with leather? If not Tandy has kits to get you started. After you know the basics for how things are constructed then it's simple pattern drafting with paper or whatnot.
It also might be good to take existing patterns and alter them to your tastes so you see how these things work.
>>
File: Skitarii_Vanguard.jpg (87KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii_Vanguard.jpg
87KB, 720x960px
The weapon I can convert from a nerf weapon, and the robes won't be too hard. I think the underclothes could be some sort of dark, baggy material I can attach metal painted plates to while the whires and cords I can probably get from walmart tubes. The metal armor itself I don't know what to do to achieve a flat surface that I can shape. Any material suggestions?
>>
File: IMG_20161011_191745.jpg (599KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_191745.jpg
599KB, 1564x1564px
How would I adjust the colour of this wig to better suit Reigen? Or is it ok as it is?
>>
Hoping someone has some feedback, but how in the hell would I go about doing this?? I have long hair, and I'd rather not cut it to this, is there any kind of cap I could work with? And the brain plug I've got no clue on. Anything would be appreciated.
>>
>>9217724
What do you mean by adjusting the color?
You could give it a light Sharpie dye, but I think it's fine as it is.
>>
File: 2504205-al_the_killer.jpg (36KB, 300x525px) Image search: [Google]
2504205-al_the_killer.jpg
36KB, 300x525px
>>9217748
Goddamn I fucking suck
>>
>>9217400
EVA foam
>>
So my cosplay just arrived in the mail and the skirt, sleeve, and cape and way too long.
Since I absolutely suck at hemming with a machine.

What's the best hemming tape to use for when I chop this thing up trying to make alterations?
>>
>>9217400
depend for cosplay or larp?
>>
>>9217724
Maybe try coffee/teadying it to give it a brown tint.
>>
>>9213145
I've once seen a tutorial on how to make craft foam look like leather but I'm not sure where it is on my comp, try and search for it on google.
>>
Where can I buy a nice bang (natural colour) for lolita? Don't want to try my luck in Ebay in some random store.
>>
What's a good crotch depth for a kigurumi? I'm >>9215545 and I finished putting together the tomato; now I'm moving on to a proper kigurumi.
The crotch on the tomato is about mid thigh and makes it hard to take longer strides; will that ease up with the extra width/bagginess of a kigurumi?
>>
>>9217751
>>9217748
Dunno about the hair, but the brain hole could be made with some make up wax https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjyIOkc-3tk
Just get a metal ring from the nearest home depot, stick it to your forehead with some spirit glue and add the wax on the inside of the ring, shape and paint it like brains, amd a bit on the outside, too.
>>
>>9217991
I forgot: I'm struggling with zipper colour on my kigu, can't decide if it should match the belly or the rest of the body.
>>
Will Tenshi buy from Mercari?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2446x2835px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2446x2835px
>>9216314
Got my gf to paint it with fabric paint. Came out decent
>>
>>9217996
Get an invisible zipper
>>
>>9218058
So what do I do to keep the color from messing up or anything
>>
File: 1198130_1364610348659_full.jpg (61KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1198130_1364610348659_full.jpg
61KB, 720x480px
What would be an ideal fabric for cinderella's peasant dress? Is it a dress and a skirt with a blouse, or all one thing? It seems to be a blouse and a dress to me. Is there a petti I'd need for it? I've got some designs sketched out and I know roughly how I'd want it to look, but I'm perplexed.
>>
>>9218062
literally just let it dry for a bit.
>>
I'm trying to track down a jacket for Alex, I've come close with hunting jacket but they're all too large.

Does this style have a specific name?

Hard to find anything for women sizes
>>
>>9218062
Check your paint container, usually it specifies if you need to heat set it after drying or not.
>>
>>9217824
cosplay

>>9217765
How easily is that molded and retains its shape?
>>
>>9218913
Very. Go look up tutorials and stop asking to be spoonfed.
>>
File: 20161012_134925-1.jpg (968KB, 1525x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_134925-1.jpg
968KB, 1525x1080px
Hey /cgl/,

I'm not sure where else to turn and I need some advice. I'm putting together a cosplay of Leon's RE4 outfit and I'm making sure that it's as accurate as possible. I spent quite a bit on the jacket that's pictured, and although the quality and details (for the most part) are screen accurate, I'm very torn about the color. It appears brown in game, but the color of the leather on this jacket is such a dark brown that it appears black. Should I stick with it, or look for another? Thanks for your help.
>>
File: yoel-of-londor0_ur4j.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yoel-of-londor0_ur4j.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys I need some help for my Yoel cosplay, I'm blocked on how to make the shell and sustain it ob my back...any idea?
>>
File: Keith_casual.png (122KB, 313x967px) Image search: [Google]
Keith_casual.png
122KB, 313x967px
Does anyone know where I can find a cheap jacket in this style? I just need something like this that I can sew patterns onto, but all Google yields is like, $200 designer leather jackets. I just want something cheap I can use for Keith's jacket.
>>
>>9219121
That actually looks kind of like my jacket:
>>9219037
It looks like a red bomber jacket and it has a higher waist cut. I searched ebay and amazon and there's a lot of them that look similar which aren't too expensive. Granted the style isn't going to be exact, but it's worth a shot to alter if you're going to sew your own patterns.
>>
>>9219130

...Do you mind linking me to some? I've done quite a bit of searching, and again, all I can find are expensive leather jackets that only come down the bottom of the rib cage. Not only are they out of my price range, but leather is very hard to work with when sewing patterns on.
>>
>>9212297
Give thought to the costumes. Who was this zombie and how did they meet their end? How would being bitten, or whatever, involve or distress their clothes/skin? Make things different for different zombies. Some were victims and others overtaken while fighting. Ask yourself how long that zombie has been rotting and do it for each. It's the small details that make a zombie film.
>>
>>9219179
Sure. I don't know how many fall to the rib cage sadly, but the material is probably easy to work with since the majority aren't leather. I looked through these listings.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Red+bomber+jacket&isNewKw=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xred+bomber+jacket&sqp=red+bomber+jacket

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=Red+bomber+jacket+

It reminds me of a MA1 flight jacket as well, but I've never seen one in red. I hope I was of some help. :(
>>
File: wake me up coscraft.png (883KB, 536x643px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up coscraft.png
883KB, 536x643px
>>9217929
Would coffee or tea be better suited for what I need?
>>
File: iosdc.jpg (50KB, 772x595px) Image search: [Google]
iosdc.jpg
50KB, 772x595px
>>9219372
I'd say try tea dyeing it first and see how it goes, tea doesn't dye as strongly as coffee does.
Pic related is a wig I tea dyed, left is before, right is after. Did it twice to get that colour, you can always test a piece of the wig. I think the dye is able to be washed out after a couple of washes as far as I know but don't take my word for it.
>>
File: il_570xN.903537425_1n67.jpg (16KB, 570x283px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.903537425_1n67.jpg
16KB, 570x283px
Any idea what could be used for the rubber nose pieces here?
>>
>>9219518
Foam, heat it up, bend it, cool it
>>
>>9219544
I meant the nose pad. A strip of silicone? Is that a thing? I think I already have a good flexible clear glue but can't figure out where to get the pas. I've done heat forning with acrylic.
>>
How can you guys recommend me to do a batman cowl with a store bought mask
>>
>>9219548
I guess you could use heel protectors they use in shoes, but cut it to fit.
>>
Ugh I have sat here for several days trying to find an easy way to make a sphere out of EVA foam. I'm looking up patterns for a sphere and I have watched Evil Teds video on it but I feel like there is a way to do this without that much work/math. I've also seen someone basically cut a circle into 4's and use that for half of the sphere but the execution was shitty so I'm not sure if I wanna waste foam seeing if I can do better. Help???
>>
Does anyone know of an online place that sells contacts that doesn't have god awful customer service? I've previously used Vision Direct, but they're giving me a huge headache with my most recent order. (tl;dr: I ordered a pair of lenses, which were approved by my completely legit prescription, but received the wrong color. When they went to send me a replacement set, suddenly my prescription "didn't count" and they can't send me shit.)

I'm looking for a place that sells normie lenses (Acuvue Oasys), and semi-bold colored lenses for fashion and cosplay. This link (http://www.visiondirect.com/venus-lenses-contact-lens/qxp90904?catid=10890) is what I currently wear for the latter. I'll settle for FreshLooks for fashion (I wear Violet and/or Grey) if need be, but I really prefer to buy single lenses for cosplays. I'm not too keen on circle lenses, as I'd prefer to keep things FDA approved and with decent shipping times.
>>
i dont really want to make a whole thread dedicated to it so does anyone know reputable places to commission cosplays? i dont need props or anything i really just need a sortof dress thing and a hat. thanks in advance.
>>
>>9219824
Ted's way is the easiest way to do it. Stop being lazy.
>>
I have plans to make a pair of faux leather shorts. I'm working on the fit right now with some muslin. I'm having a lot of issues fitting around the front crotch area. For some reason there are lines potruding downwards, and horizontally. It kind of looks like three lines coming out on either side of my nether regions. The fit around my waist is fine and around my thighs is okay. I have tutorials telling me the downward lines mean shorten the crotch and some are telling me the horizontal lines mean to lengthen it. Could it be the material I'm working with making it worse than it really is? Not sure what to do to get a better fit.
>>
So about EVA armour.
I'm a total newb so:
-Any tips?
-Any good video guides?
-About how long will it take me to make a single shoulder armour if I never used EVA?
>>
I'm using that pink insulation foam stuff for a crossbow prop and I was wondering how to get it to not flake that badly. Just keep sanding it down?
>>
>>9220049
Honeycolor sells acuvue lenses if that's another type you're able to wear. Unfortunately, most FDA or american sellers are just super annoying involving contacts. That's why I buy overseas
>>
>>9221390
Punished Props from Youtube, bro.
>>
>>9221390
Google Evil Ted.
As for the shoulder armor, it depends on what it looks like. But the basic shaping and prepping of the foam won't take more than an hour or two, including drying times.
>>
I'm trying to improve my sewing skills.
is it worth taking a sewing class? or just keep making stuff and improve that way?
>>
>>9221546
How much does said sewing class cost? I took an intro class for free when I was a kid and I'd love to take a more in-depth one if it were like $50
>>
>>9221580
all the ones in my area are around 50 bucks a 3 hour class. but they are mostly centered around "we will be making this specific thing" which limits me a lot because I don't wear skirts or dresses and don't care about totes.
One or two with hoodies or button up shits that I could use
>>
>>9221403
Sand with a high grit sanding paper and then seal it.
>>
File: Capture.png (92KB, 194x246px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
92KB, 194x246px
>>9221591
Heck I'd do the button up shirt one for sure, that shit sounds hard
>>
Im making EVA foam armor for the first time but I was wondering whats the best way to make it look like armor and stiff?
Would coating the eva foam in fiberglass resin+fiber do the trick? or are there any repercussions in doing so?

i know some cosplayers use worbla or wonderflex for armor pieces to look hard and add some durability but I dont have access to those easily. and getting them online is pretty expensive too, for me at least.
>>
File: 96781926.jpg (57KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
96781926.jpg
57KB, 600x338px
>What are my options for transferring an image to a shirt?

I have iron on paper but I hear they leave a border around the image?
>>
How would you guys go about dressing as a viking?
>inb4 hollywood version with enormous horns and no armour

I have nothing in mind myself as of yet, but I'd like help with some ideas.
>>
>>9221687
plasti-dip that shit
>>
>>9218128
It's a blouse and dress; the sleeve doesn't connect directly to the bodice. I'd use cotton and linen or blends unless wrinkling is a big concern. No petti is needed. It hangs close to the body in th emovie.
>>
File: Death_(DC_Comics).jpg (14KB, 179x256px) Image search: [Google]
Death_(DC_Comics).jpg
14KB, 179x256px
Two questions for a Death cosplay I'm working on:

Shironuri anons, what's a good recommended white body paint + setting spray? I'm preferably looking for one that's not 100% opaque white if that works. Like maybe I would just need less layers?

Second, I'm a newb at wigs. What would be the best products/methods to style it into 80s goth fluffiness? Would it be similar to just styling it in regular hair?
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
What would be the best way to make the tank and attach it to a harness? I'm afraid that the weight might break the straps
>>
File: asuka color.jpg (226KB, 1318x762px) Image search: [Google]
asuka color.jpg
226KB, 1318x762px
I'm working on Asuka's school uniform and I just can't decide on which color to use. The older anime has the navy color but a lot of the figures I've seen use a more aqua blue. I read through the archives and some anons said it depends on the individual's skin tone and I think a more aqua blue would look best with mine.

What color would you all recommend for my skin tone (pic related) or for better accuracy?
>>
File: 74351302.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
74351302.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
>>9222731
>>
This is my first time using eva floor mats for armor, not foamies, and I'm trying to seal it with Plasti-Dip so it will be flexible, but it keeps bubbling up! When I used it on the foamies, it worked just fine without the bubbles. Alternatively, Mod Podge works for the stiff pieces but not for the things that need to be bent. Any suggestions on how to seal the EVA?
>>
>>9222731
the one on the left looks a lot less tacky.
>>
>>9222989
Oh good! I was actually in town today and picked up some fabric and they only had the color on the left anyway. I've seen so many variations in Asuka's hair color and uniform that it's difficult to decide on an exact color.

>>9222952
She's a very cute Asuka! Her face looks really put together, which brings me to my next question: How should I go about makeup? I know she canonically doesn't wear any but I don't want to go out with a bare face.
>>
File: 0022-006-1-1.jpg (112KB, 402x735px) Image search: [Google]
0022-006-1-1.jpg
112KB, 402x735px
>>9204509
Hey gulls, I'm doing a cosplay for this pretty much unheard of manhwa called Ares, and I wanted someone elses opinion on what I should do for the shoes.
I'm torn between either converse or jungle boots.
I don't think the converse being too modern would be an issue, since we see Ares wearing modern sneakers earlier in the comic, and they fit his style well, but I'm concerned they may not be tall enough.
While the jungle boots look much more modern and cost 2x as much, and are much more bulky.
And yes his shoes have laces, the artist just doesn't draw them in every panel.
Opinions?
>>
Is there any downloadable bra stencils available? Google searches have yielded no results.

Otherwise, how would I go about making my own bra stencil? I've been getting by making my own stencils for clothes by copying clothes that already fit however I am at a loss for a bra. I'm a 36DDD and the guides/sticky links I've looked at online seem geared towards smaller breasts. I understand how to make the band and whatnot, just, how do you go about making a curved piece of fabric so that it perfectly contours around the cups?
>>
>>9222657
The complicated way would be to reduce the tank's weight; create an inner cylinder with its own water tight cap. Weld the smaller cylinder to your tank so that way you would only need to fill the gap between the outer wall and inner wall, which would reduce the weight of the tank significantly. Not only would that reduce weight on the straps, but it would be far easier to carry around.

The easier way would be to invest in some heavy duty straps (think backpack straps and the like). Cover whatever straps you get with the canon accurate material so all the weight is carried by the heavy duty straps and not the material you intend to use for show.
>>
>>9222390
Well what is the context? What kind of viking? Realistic/historically accurate or just fantasy/god of thunder? Shit just look up viking artwork on google/deviant art or something nigga. Find a video game/show/whatever that contains vikings. Find a design you like and go with it. Otherwise research what historically accurate vikings would look like.
>>
>>9223528
Go for jungle boots, anon. 100%.
>>
>>9223014
Basic foundation and I think a thin lining of black along the top and lower lid would be a good idea. This works for animated characters well. Just use different shades of light browns and nudes for shadow, and then just basic minimal contouring and blush.
>>
Is it considered legit to re-make costumes, props etc or is it stupid to do so?
There's a certain prop I wanna make for a costume but I'm not that good so it is likely to suck.
>>
>>9223825
Perfect. That's just about as much makeup as I wear on a regular basis. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9204509
I want to be El presidente from tropico, but there are no surplus stores near me. Help?
>>
>>9223839
if you mean remaking a costume that you've made before, absolutely not! people do that all the time
>>
File: 1463124032677.png (438KB, 695x390px) Image search: [Google]
1463124032677.png
438KB, 695x390px
So I feel very stupid here. Long time cosplayer first time lolita buyer. I kinda cant resist the new holy cross skirt so I'm trying to order it but am hella confused. What exactly is Tenso? Do I have to sign up with them and Angelic Pretty to buy my item? Do I have to wait for the item to come into stock on the San Francisco shop or do I try and order through the Japanese site?

I did not anticipate so much effort in ordering a pretty skirt.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.736907944_bipc.jpg (253KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.736907944_bipc.jpg
253KB, 1500x1125px
I have a big ball of fluffy white yarn that's too "sticky" to knit with. any suggestions on what I could make with it?
>>
>>9224159
Nvm got it all sorted after some googling.
>>
>>9222978
Are you using the spray plasti-dip cuz I've heard that it makes a difference.
>>
>>9223839
Sometimes people dont have the time to get things done the way they want the first time around, so its completely nirnal to improve on things later. It shows how your talent and knowledge has grown.
>>
>>9224276
Maybe an animal tail with ears? Stuffing for a plushie?
>>
File: pg1127a[1].jpg (67KB, 451x467px) Image search: [Google]
pg1127a[1].jpg
67KB, 451x467px
>>9223528
Oh man pls wear tanker boots
>>
>>9223816
Oh I definitely don't intend to fill it with liquid, that would be way too heavy. I was wondering what would be the best material to make the tank out of, and how to attach the finished tank to the straps. I like your idea of the backpack straps, I'll look into getting some for this. Thanks!
>>
>>9224335
I'd get a thin sheet of plastic and roll it into a tube, hiding the seam against your back
>>
File: Post_Main_large.jpg (58KB, 615x600px) Image search: [Google]
Post_Main_large.jpg
58KB, 615x600px
I have high waisted skirt to make out of semi-stretch satin, Could I use a stretch jersey cotton for the lining?

I don't want to buy more fabric as I've gone over budget already. The pic is the pattern I'm using
>>
>>9224380
You could f the stretch is similar, or self line if you have enough fabric?
You can also line with a non stretch fabric if you want, as that pattern doesn't seem dependent on the stretch for fit - I would probably put a centre split in the lining though so you don't rip it with walking.

>>9223766
You don't. If you're using foam cups like a T shirt bra you use stretch fabric and approximate it, if you are doing a 2 or 3 piece cup then it's 2 or 3 pieces. Because boobs are pretty individual it's best to start with a pattern and then adjust from there although you can kinda copy the shapes from another pattern and do a few mock ups.
>>
What is the best method to make a hoodie look blood stained and aged/beaten? I've been looking online and all I can find is methods that just cause a huge mess and the end result looks nothing to what I hoped for. I'm planning on doing a hunter cosplay from l4d. I'll be happy for any help.
>>
I bought some styrofoam to make a prop with, I was going to cover up its surface with plastidip but turns out that will melt the styrofoam, what should I use to "seal" it? Would covering it with mod podge then spraying it with plastidip work?
>>
File: reaper.png (894KB, 872x530px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.png
894KB, 872x530px
Hello! I was wondering what would be a good way to get the shape of Reaper's Halloween skin collar. It seems pretty rigid so I'm not sure if just using interfacing will keep its shape (unless I do multiple layers of interfacing?). I'm not sure what fabric to use for his costume yet so I'm not sure about the weight of the fabric and how that would play in. Right now I'm looking at some pleather fabrics at JoAnn's. Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>>9224611
You're going to want to get your hands on buckram! If you're not local to a fabric district, you can order it online. It's used in millinery so you may need to hit up hat making shops for it, I would also sew hat wire along the trim of the buckram to help keep the shape (basically look up how to make a buckram base or hat.) I would also use pleather or very matte vinyl for his coat.
>>
>>9224471
>blood-stained
Corn syrup + red food coloring.
>aged/beaten
Sandpaper, theater dust, coffee/tea stains, etc.
You could even try burning parts of it, but be /very/ careful.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 759x809px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 759x809px
I was wanting to use piping for the edges of this heart shape, but is it possible to do it at such an angle? I've only seen it used for rounded edges.
>>
>>9222477
plasti dip wont make it hard though since its essentially a coating of rubber.
>>
File: VENOM SNAKE ARM.jpg (77KB, 714x547px) Image search: [Google]
VENOM SNAKE ARM.jpg
77KB, 714x547px
I'm struggling to measure my arm for my mgs5 bionic arm. Anyone got tips on how to make measurements on your arm, and has anyone made one before?
>>
>>9224698
I'd do it as binding personally but you could possibly do it as piping, but it's going to be tricky.

for the sharp corners I would first make the bias cover with mitered corners.
Then sew in the piping, and on the sharp corners sew it into a point. Then tack it onto the fabric, then sew it and unpick the tacks.

Its cute, whats it from?
>>
File: image.png (116KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116KB, 300x366px
What should I be going for for the hats here? I have no idea what kind of hat this is supposed to be at all. Any help with a name of a similar type of hat and/or pattern suggestions could help a lot.
>>
File: image.png (130KB, 339x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130KB, 339x464px
>>9224935
I forgot all about binding! I'll probably go that route, thank you!
Its from Fire Emblem: Fates, and the character is Felicia!
>>
File: White-Beanies-for-Men.jpg (68KB, 924x784px) Image search: [Google]
White-Beanies-for-Men.jpg
68KB, 924x784px
>>9224986
white beanie or beret will be best option
>>
>>9224986
one of those baggy beanies
i *guess* a white beret would work in a pinch but try out a beanie first
>>
File: 229Houndoom.png (116KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
229Houndoom.png
116KB, 431x431px
Suggestions for sleeve and leg cuffs on a kigurumi? I'm having trouble finding something I like and the Simplicity "animal costume" pattern I'm using as a base has a cuff that won't work for this one.
It's a Houndoom one and the cuffs will be the second grey band on the hands/feet.
>>
>>9204509
Does anyone know how I would go about patterning these sleeves? I am making the bodice and sleeves out of ponte fabric. I have never patterned out a structured sleeve before. Will I need something like foam inside to keep the shape?

If anyone can link a pattern or tutorial to similar sleeves I would really appreciate it!
>>
>>9225192
A different angle view.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 504x518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 504x518px
Is there any way to make a chubby baby face look sharper? Kagura has been a dream cosplay since I was a kid but I am not suited to her at all. Is it possible for someone who looks like they're twelve to pull off the mature beauty look? lmao
>>
File: m3642_i1_ezr.jpg (13KB, 220x286px) Image search: [Google]
m3642_i1_ezr.jpg
13KB, 220x286px
>>9225192
the shape is like a trapezoid for the puffy part.
when i make bell sleeves like that i make puffy part and rest of the long sleeve separate.
youre probably gonna have to dig through the pattern catalogue at your local fabric store and find a similar one cause the one i found a picture of looks old.
>>
>>9225285
contouring
i recommend the Anastasia Beverly hills creme contour pallet or the powder one which ever texture you prefer working with
>>
>>9225165
Kind of weird, but maybe look at how Hisoka cosplayers make the cuffs to their costumes?
>>
>>9225192
look up 'juliet sleeve' 'lantern sleeve' and 'leg of mutton sleeve'
>>
>>9225285
>>9225289
Seconding that, and also face taping. You can find tutorials for it, essentially you just pull your cheeks upwards where your ears are/sideburn area and tape them in place, then hide the area under your wig cap.
>>
File: greenhand.png (231KB, 508x406px) Image search: [Google]
greenhand.png
231KB, 508x406px
Thoughts on this color scheme for The Hand? I'd like to make it to go with my okuyasu, but I'm not sure how to approach it - I was thinking something like this, since in the pattern seems to be white base+bigger details in the same color as the uniform+smaller details in the color of the uniform's details.
>>
File: tumblr_of3y4qQVyE1rm4dtzo8_540.jpg (101KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of3y4qQVyE1rm4dtzo8_540.jpg
101KB, 540x720px
Anyone have a pattern for a dress with a yoke neckline? I want to do a version of Edith's nightgown from Crimson Peak and I'm not sure how to get the collar to lay right. The one person who posted a beautiful version made hers from a sloper and I haven't found a tutorial that helps me yet.
>>
>>9225605

Didn't a major pattern company just release this as a pattern recently? I swear I saw Crimson Peak inspired costume patterns.
>>
>>9225653
I saw some that would be appropriate for Lucille in Simplicity's costume catalog but none that looked likely for Edith's nightgown.
>>
File: Shego.jpg (17KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
Shego.jpg
17KB, 300x378px
I'm thinking of cosplaying as Shego next year. I'm debating about whether or not I should get it commissioned or buy it online. Are any of those cosplay costume sites pretty decent? I ordered a costume once on Etsy that was alright but I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra cash for higher quality.

(Before anyone says it, my sewing skills are limited to hand-sewing atm)
>>
This is my first time wearing a lace front wig that is spiked, and I'm having a hard time completely covering the hair on my face around the ears. Any tips on how to hide it, and/or what to use to tape the wig down to cover it?
>>
>>9225165
Back again; on the hood this time. Are there do's and don't's with kigurumis in terms of a face/head?
I have the belly fabric that I could use for the front end of the hood (muzzle) and I have stuffed horns to put on top. The thing I'm not sure on is whether to make the hood black w/ horns, black and orange w/ horns, or do a full face.
I feel it will look strange if it's just a muzzle and horns on the head but idk until I see it.
>>
>>9227113
I'm having the issue I was most worried about with adding detail to the hood: the muzzle looks like a duck bill. I sat for close to an hour shaping further but I got nowhere.
>>
>>9223901
I'm cosplaying Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil (his RE4 outfit), and a lot of the stuff I needed was also surplus. I actually just buy from surplus websites and ebay sellers that are US based or have high feedback.
>>
>>9224659
Alright thanks anon
>>
How is this called? (bow with three loops)
I need to know how to tie those for my cosplay (Zero Jr from Virtue's Last Reward, jacket part)
>>
>>9210505
perma-pressing is a thing you can get done at many dry cleaners/alteration places!
>>
>>9210780
Unfortunately no.
>>
>>9230219
a flower knot? also please upload photos when you're finished
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.