[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 35

File: german.jpg (774KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
german.jpg
774KB, 1920x1080px
am I keep missing it or hasn't there been any germans in here since forever
there was connichi recently with wcs, ecg and dcm coming up as well
anyone?
>>
>>9202339
WCS and ECG was so fucking boring noone besides the winners really cared about it
>>
sad but true. the Connichi Cosplay Wettbewerb was more entertaining even though it wasn't that good at all.

can't say the summit and championship winners didn't deserve it but everyone was so lame anyone could have won the contests without anyone knowing why exactly
>>
Any upcoming cons? What is next?
>>
>>9202486

FBM I suppose. Don't understand why everyone goes there though, the venue seems completely unappealing and it seems like cosplayers just hang around outside all the time.
>>
>>9202527
That's too far away for me. Is there something going on more like in the north? Eg Berlin, Hamburg, Bremen?
>>
>>9202531

Comic Con in Berlin I think? October 15th-16th.
>>
>>9202392
WCS is so obviously rigged the team even wrote on their stage decoration about them becoming the german representatives for 2017.
how can anyone take this serious anymore?
>>
File: 1456180227979.png (1KB, 180x173px) Image search: [Google]
1456180227979.png
1KB, 180x173px
>>9202531
hahaha. there is nothing decent in the north in there will never be. god knows why but better get used to it.
>>
>>9202558
hopefully someone told them their english was horrible. what a bunch of retarded dumbfucks
>>
>>9202486
>>9202527

There's also EpicCon in Frankfurt debuting in november I think. I am actually quite tempted to go there just for the lulz.
>>
any decent cons in bavaria? i havent seen anything other than shitty animexx meet-ups in a year and i'd like to end this hell
>>
File: 1425136822131.jpg (13KB, 219x214px) Image search: [Google]
1425136822131.jpg
13KB, 219x214px
>>9202339
there was no thread for comic con germany
>>
15/16 Okt. is (one of many) Comic Con in Berlin
22/23 bookfair in Frankfurt (dcm anyone?)
29/30. Animaco also Berlin

Epic Con seems major fishy, I mean, how do the afford all those expensive flights?

Bavaria has Animuc, which is not that huge, but quite nice, its in April though.
>>
>>9202756
it's extremely fishy
maybe the first scam convention in Germany. there seem to be many in th US

>>9202381
has anyone ever actually cared about it at all?
>>
>>9202579
I heard of two cons
One in November and one in December

Comic&Manga convention on the 22nd
And
The Japan xmas market, which is being hosted by the jstore and magnology. They even got Minori so I'm looking forward to a decent event
>>
Why are so many German cosplay skits terrible slapstick comedy and/or full of cringy acting? I've been watching the WCS/etc. selections on live stream for years now and it seems like it's the same performances year after year.
>>
>>9202558
source?
>>
>>9203085
ECG this year was especially worse with bad acting and i hate funny skits
>>
it's so bitter how embarassing those ECG and WCS representatives are for our country. we have so much better cosplayers in germany. don't think these are in any way ambassadors of our country
>>
>>9202558
I hope you didn't actually take
"How to win WCS for Dummies" seriously.

Not to say WCS isn't rigged in some ways, but please use actual facts and not dumb old jokes.
>>
>>9203446
not the same anon but the very subtle "WCS 2017 ?" sign was a little too obvious. maybe the WCS staff should tell the future team not only beforehand that they will be "choosen" but also to not be so fucking blatant
>>
>>9203446
I heard the judges wanted to sent Sakura and Yukura but weren't allowed out of some made up reasons and a very mysterious rule pulled out of the organizers asses. that's a funny way to make sure your friends win a contest.
>>
>>9203016
Oh wow Minori?? The xmas market sounds amazing, but I'm not sure if it is worth going, cause I live 4h away by train, I have fear they advertise it as something bigger than it really is
>>
>>9203499
I know some of the people who organize it and it'll definitely be a great event.
It's basically a collabo organization from the magnology team and the jstore so everyone knows what they're doing.
>>
anyone noticed how they market Dokomi as a japan expo now?

that's quite an interesting devlopment. Do you think we might have something similar to paris japan expo one day here in germany?
>>
>>9203620
Would be pretty cool. But the audience in Germany is way different. People in Paris know that eg fashion does have it price, so they're willed to spend. But people in Germany are always searching for the cheapest option (not all of us, but the most) which is still a thing going way backt to the two world wars, our grand or great grand parents learned to save up and live with what they get, they've teached it to our parents and them to us. Sure there's a change going on, but the audience usually doesn't have enough money to spend on stuff (12-20)...so maybe in a few years we might get sth close to a Japan Expo, but it'll still take some time
>>
well, the wcs winner participated the 4th? time now, they added their last perfomances to the props, so why not possible future plans.
I think everyone participating should be having in mind, to possibly win and have plans for that.

But I do feel like you have to participate at least two years in a row to be chosen, to make sure that partners get along for more than one perfomance.
>>
>>9203653
their cosplays were nothing special, their skit was a fucked up piece of shit and they are both annoying and arrogant bitches. they even talked badly about some of the other participants. i don't see a single reason what made them deserve the victory
>>
>>9203460
you know what's obvious? your greedy attitude. wasn't it enough to win ECG? And wasn't it a little bit shabby to do so with a costume you already used at the finals of a international contest?
>>
File: cut.jpg (32KB, 509x360px) Image search: [Google]
cut.jpg
32KB, 509x360px
>>9203460
Are we talking about different parts of their props?
Because I only saw this and they had a picture of the regular WCS logo on another part of that wall.

Again, I'm not saying WCS is always fair or anything, but I'm just curious now.
>>
It's always the same people anyway.
Why even bother.
btw. I don't think any of the wcs people wore their costumes before.
>>
This weekend is a small con in my hometown but can't go because of university ;_;
The con is always such a nice cringe fest.
>>
>>9204399
Which one do you mean?
>>
>>9204399
harajuku day?
>>
>>9204418
>>9204434
Na, AkiCon in Austria.
I would only need 20 minutes there by foot, but have to learn.
>>
>>9204443
Holy shit I once drove 3h to that cringefest. Man what a waste of money and time
>>
>>9204499
I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
Dokomi presale starts tonight. I wonder how long it takes this time untill the cosplayball tickets are sold out. It's a nice event, but damn this has become a madness. I think last time they didn't even last 12 hours or so
>>
>>9204690
Already? How long are the normal weekend tickets available for sale?
>>
>>9204837
*usually
>>
>>9204837
normal weekend and day passes are usually available until sortly before the event.

the cosplayball apparently sold out after 40 minutes. wow
>>
File: meddl.png (45KB, 413x258px) Image search: [Google]
meddl.png
45KB, 413x258px
Meddl Loide.
>>
File: 1280x720-Hbr.png (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Hbr.png
466KB, 1280x720px
>>9205435
\m/
>>
why was there 4 places at WCS anyway?
and wasn't there more, the other years?
Like, Best- audio, -prop, -costume, -CV, shit like that
>>
>>9205811
I didn't get the special price either. did anyone understand what was it about?
>>
German women too busy with migrant ficki ficki and German men too busy watching
>>
>>9206304
it was the price for being too dumb to send in a proper reference...
these costumes looked so over the top and nothing like a CLAMP design at all. they just had no style
>>
>>9206523
they were quite good exhibited. at least better than the ones of the best costume price.
the winners of those prices were overall strange. but on the other side it was a really bad prelim with boring contestants and costumes
>>
When it comes to EpicCon, I have to say that it's weird how everyone first said how shady they are, and now I constantly see "I WILL GO TO EPIC CON" on twitter, written by the same cosplayers. Which is kinda... strange. Like, you don't have to spend money on shady shit, there are so many nice and legit cons.
>>
>>9206527
I think it's because they now announced more details about the guests, programm etc. so they sound more serious
>>
>>9206582
They are probably curios. I am sure they will execute the event, it will just be much less then what they advertise.

I predict the matsuri will be a letdown. And the feeling will be more like one of those comic cons. A selling hall and not much more
>>
>>9205435
I want to see a Drachenlord cosplay!
>>
Didn't they ban all weapon related props? (Melee and firearms)
>>
>>9202486
Animaco in Berlin is this month
>>
is it true that the WCS winners still live at their parents place? because I hear a lot of shittalking about daddys little girl got a lot of help from her mun and dad ad I think that's embarassing as fuck and I can't really believe it
>>
>>9208140
no
>>
File: maIiJx9.jpg (89KB, 583x452px) Image search: [Google]
maIiJx9.jpg
89KB, 583x452px
>>9207130
Go for it. Plz with Regenbogenschaf, Erdbeerchen and other Haid0rs.
>>
>>9208361
I have not the body for a Drachenlord cosplay... I have a very skinny body. ;_;
>>
>>9208145
I hear otherwise. what is your source?
>>
>>9209029
I'm friends with them
>>
>>9209088
you should not post friends on 4chan
>>
>>9209117
The didn't though.
Even though saying you're friends with someone isn't really any kind of proof...
>>
>>9209029
>>9209173
What is YOUR source then? Hearing it through the grapevine isn't a reliabale source either.
>>
>>9209226
I'm not that anon, I don't know the contestants and honestly, I don't give a damn about their personal lives.
If I were to assume that you are the friend-anon, I was actually defending you about posting friends on 4chan. Starting to think you are one of them trying to whiteknight yourself.
>>
>>9209226
didn't they say on stage thanks for being able to use your house?
I mean I think that's okay even though I personally think those bitches are unfriendly and arrogant but that's how the rumor might have started
>>
>>9209088
lol you friends with them prooves nothing but how dumb the people they call friend must be. otherwise they would not state this on 4chan and make the whitknighting obvious
>>
if you are a good friend maybe you should tell them that shittalking about every german WCS team of the past years and how much better you think you are won't make you a good team. in the end that makes you attention seeking whores who get a lot of shittalk themself
>>
>>9202339
Do you guys know something about >Animexx Stuttgart ?

is it good ?
>>
>>9209332
they are the ones being dumb whiteknighting themself and calling themself their "friends". the drama queen is very strong in them
>>
Could it be that there is exactly only one person with very limited English skills in this thread, trying to stir drama out of thin air? A salty WCS participant that lost to them maybe?
>>
>>9210203
do you know how the statistic function works? there are a lot more than only one person on this issue. but some are posting more than others. that's correct.
>>
>>9210203
don't you compare me with
>>9209117
>>9209173
>>9209332

I am a hating individual
>>
You guys are amusing me. It's fun to watch how one shitpost is enough to start some drama.
>>
>>9210203
Who cares about WCS anyways? I mean, besides drama hungry gulls. Just shows that Germany is seriously lacking in real drama
>>
File: vlcsnap-0430-10-14-17h29m55s775.png (470KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-0430-10-14-17h29m55s775.png
470KB, 1920x1090px
Hey, Germany! Do you like pranks?
>>
>>9206453
I keep hearing that. Is it a joke or actually true?
>>
>>9210690
we are on 4chan. make a guess.
>>
File: 67163939.jpg (57KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
67163939.jpg
57KB, 500x300px
>>9210690
>>
>>9210460
The real drama here doesn't hide in the cosplay arena, but among the lolit, visual kei 'fans' and gyaru. If you want drama, go there. The cosplay scene here is shit and there's only drama among individual groups sometimes, that's all
>>
That sure sounds like a horrible community!
>>
>>9203632
Jesses Maria des meinsch ned ernst oder?
We have a fashion scene in Germany and it's not entirely non-existent, besides what you think. The 'higher classes' know how to /fa/ it up, and they do sink like 1500€ into a single pair of pants on the reg. That's just for men's fashion, don't even get me started on women's. Fact is though, those items have their uses in those high society circles, or just to talk around town utterly styling on every normie in existence. /cgl/ stuff sadly doesn't. Perhaps the German audience is just too sober overall to get into the petticoat autisms.
>>
>>9211729
>Perhaps the German audience is just too sober overall to get into the petticoat autisms.

germans hate to stick out or grab attention with clothing and if somebody does you will get judged. Pastel colors? You will at least get stared at. Bright colors? You will at leat get stared at. Wear muddy or unsaturated colors and people won't notice you most of the time no matter what you are wearing. You will blend in perfectly in the boring muddy colored bulk.
>>
>>9210983
How is the cosplay scene shit though? Germany's cosplay level is really good and the scene is pretty drama-free, which might seems boring, but that's actually a good thing.
>>
>>9209674
a friend told me it's pretty shitty, no organization and generally the people who go there are the last garbage. idk though, animexx in my city is fine
>>
Well, I'll ask it right here to get it out of the way, is anybody making any plans for the Gamescom next year? I've been going there religiously but never in cosplay just yet. And the size of the venue and the cost of close-by sleeping arrangements intimidates me.
>>
>>9211776
The cosplay quality here is high?? What?? Really? Where??

Like tell me one well known, really good, more than 15k followers on instagram cosplayer despite from that girl with the huge boobs (kanako??) who's cosplaying Super Sonico. I don't know any to be honest and what I see at cons is 98% garbage vs 2%.not garbage, but also not what I'd call 'high quality'
>>
Wait, your saying a good/quality cosplayer is measured by Instagram likes?
I feel like this is the last platform for quality content.

I mean, I can see the point that it's hard to see from a foreigners or outsiders view, because you can't really tell quality content/cosplay by fb/instagram/snapchat/twitch or whatever likes/followers.
But that goes for any country by now.

A while ago a found a bunch of fb pages of 'cosplayers' with 10k to XXXk likes.
All of them being YT, Twitch, Make-Up or whatever else kind of cam and gaming whores, with the occasional cosplay photo thrown in between lots of boobs, selfies and pin-ups.
Despite the huge amount of likes and response, not particularly the kind well known people I'd wish for.
>>
>>9212390
Learn how to quote, newfag
>>
>>9212300
You have never been to a Con outside Germany, right?
Going to a regular Con in UK, the Netherlanda and France as a German Cosplayer will make you feel as a Cosplay god sometimes.
Of course there are a few good cosplayers there but the average level looks like cheap carneval costumes. (Including some cheap carneval wigs as well).

so yes.... Compared to that Germany DOES have a lot of quality cosplayers. they just don't stick out of the crowd anymore
>>
>>9212642
So then I'm probably from the wrong area I guess. What you get here in the north is trash
>>
File: 1459583410474.gif (152KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1459583410474.gif
152KB, 400x267px
>>9212655
this why we have no decent con here or decent j-fash scene.
North can't have nice things.
>>
>>9212748
Well, I'm looking forward to the Japan Store Hamburg x Magnology Events in the near future.

I think there just wasn't this much of people who have the money or possebility to create a new great con.

I mean HAMBURG is a city with many Japanese people living here, a high tolerance if it comes to altenative fashions and new ideas and until this year we only had the ChisaiiCon, which is shit.
>>
>>9211801
thanks
some guy I've met on comic con stuttgart told me I should go there. But it feels weird to go to such a small "con" in my "realistic" cosplay
>>
File: 20150809_111548.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150809_111548.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Shit tier austrian cosplayer here.

Any more Schluchtenscheißer in this thread?
>>
>>9211752
This, now with autmn coming we will get the typical loose-bun, uggs and loop-scarf look. In Germany, if you wear anything that's not practical you will get asked what you dressed up for. And this isn't even a j-fash thing. Wearing a dress or some lipstick just for fun is such a baffeling concept to so many women.
>>
>>9212884
8010 reporting in.
>>
>>9212919

This, so much. I like to wear dresses and skirts and people often look at me like an alien because it's the norm to wear trousers or jeans all the damn time.
>>
>>9215736
German women dress extremely unflatteringly, and dare I say, unfemininely. I went to Japan for two weeks once and, wow holy shit! Girls actually wearing skirts and dresses! It's like I was in cute girls heaven. Sometimes I wish women had never started wearing pants.
>>
>>9215887
ich kotze
>>
>>9215887
I've actually heard from many women from other cultures, like french, spanish and russian, that german women have this bad habit of wearing boring and practical clothes as a default. I think this chick from Schrankalarm on Vox once said this as well.
>>
>>9215887
I'm also super annoyed by that. My mom always forces me to wear jeans, but in Japan the only pants I wore were sukapants lol I miss those days. No one would shout 'whore' at a girl for just wearing a dress or a skirt, because it's normal over there.
>>
>>9215980
No one would shout "whore" if you would wear dress or skirt in Germany. Wat.
>>
>>9215887
I was in Japan and yes, I want also more girls with skirts and dresses in Germany. ;_;

Why are so many german girls so boyish? Often I have the feel many girls in Germany want to be a guy. What a shame! So much wasted potential!
>>
>>9215918
Now I know why South Europeans think, we don't have any fashion sense.

>wearing boring and practical clothes as a default.

That's exactly what I felt as soon as I started to read a little bit into J-fashion and compare the habits with the German fashion habits. Besides a smaller minority, most people here seem to think that "wearing the neccessary" is more than enough. It does not mean that just because your look is simple it has be bad by default. But making it the standard makes the thing boring and sure isn't. There's definetly a collective lack of motivation to make more out of your outer appearance. I do have to admit though that it got a little bit better in the last 2-3 years atleast on the male side.

>outfit summary for usual german girl
>pullover/hoodie/hoodie jacket
>random boring shirt
>jeans/black pants
>sneakers
>>
>>9216419

Not shout it, but skirts (especially short ones) are often associated with "sexy party looks" and barely worn in a "cute" or just plain "feminine" style. Like wear a short skirt that is made of brown knit material with thick woolen tights underneath for a both cure and warm winter look.
People oftentimes ask me whether I'm cold just because my skirt ends over my knees and it seems like they don't understand that normal tights + cotton tights keep just as warm, if not warmer, than a pair of jeans.
>>
>>9216419
Oh girl, you must not live in a city with lots of immigrants then. When I wear cute girly frilly dresses or skirts, damn even in lolita I get
>whore
>wanna f me
>slut
>can I slap your ass?
>the obligatory whistle thing
>I also got touched

These things though never happen if I wear a plain jeans and whatever you wear with a jeans. People won't even notice you then. It's like you go completely invisible for them slut calls
>>
>>9217059
I live in the city with the highest immigrant quotient in the whole country, AM one of the immigrants and have never seen this happen. Unless you're talking at two in the morning in front of a club when everyone's drunk.
>>
>>9217223
Well then, you've been p lucky. I'm from a big city in the north and I get these when casually walking down the streets with my friends in the middle of the day.
>>
>>9216560
In my experience once people are 25 here they seem to stop caring about how they look and will be bitter when they meet a person who does. Men will be called gay and women will be called superficial bitches.
I wish people would be more open minded here.
>>
>>9216560
Little correction for drunk writing:
*it has to be bad by default. But making it the standard for having a "good look", especially with all mute colors to avoid sticking out, is kind of awkward.
>>
>>9217228
Hamburg? If so I goz very mixed reactions. I had immigrants complimient my outfit but also had people laughing their asses ofd in front of me and taking pictures. Both happend in the same areas, same time but different days.
>>
>>9217278
Yes. Hamburg.
I also get compliments (rarely)
But there are a lot of people sneeking photos or videos and talking bad.
>>
File: 1460084787351.png (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460084787351.png
70KB, 400x400px
>>9217294
the photo sneeking was the reason I stopped wearing lolita for a while. It's just so rude. I wonder what they do with these photo anyways. Post them on their FB? Fap to them?
>>
>>9217370
I also wonder that...there've been taken tons of photos of me until now. With and without my knowledge.
And I've never ever spotted one of them online...for what do they take them? Do they print them out and put them in a photoalbum with a note saying 'spotted human cotton candy in hamburg, berlin, tokyo, duesseldorf, newyork wherever'
>>
>>9217370
>>9217387
They are showing them to their friends and family to either make fun of us or show them to weeb friends as "kawaii!!!".
>>
>>9217474

This. They'll be most likely posted once somewhere on social media (e.g. WhatsApp) or messaged to friends "Rofl guck mal, was ich heute in der Stadt gesehen habe xD" and that's it.
>>
>>9217370
You got to realize, for the average normie who doesn't have a clue what he's looking at there's no real difference between a guy in a fursuit and a girl in a huge lolita dress and wig.
>>
>>9217547
After all this doesn't change the fact that it is in deet illegal to take photos of an individual person without their permission.
>>
>>9217566
Wot? No, not in public, only in your home. How do you think surveillance cameras work without getting the shit sued out of them?
>>
>>9217568
Because they don't take photos of an individual person but of a mass of persons with no focus on someone specific. If you take a frontal face photo (or well a photo which shows the face) of a person where this person is obviously in the main focus and the person hasn't given you their permission it's illegal.

If you take a photo or video of many people without setting the focus on one of them it's something different. That's right
>>
>>9217566
Yeah, but noone cares and will ever find out unless it gets public. But a guy snapping a picture of a frilly girl and showing it to his guy friends with some silly caption will never get caught. Unless you have some balls and go up to him like "Ich bestehe auf das Recht am Eigenen Bild, lösche das!" there is nothing you can do.
>>
>>9217594
A photo which was sneeked of my friend recently got viral and she was not really pleased by that as she has asked the guy who took it he did take a photo of her and he said no
>>
>>9217607
That's why I said "unless it gets public". If it remains in a private chat noone will find out.
>>
>>9217387
Normie families with children love it to visit conventions and make photos with their child together with the cosplayers.
>>
>>9217617
I know that.

Yet I think even if you only keep it 'private' it is extremely rude. I mean, I'd never do this, because probably I was raised in the right way? I don't know. It just feels extremely wrong to take a photo of a complete stranger without their permission
>>
>>9217637
I'm not really fond of it but I don't really care. After all, you don't know if they make fun of you or secretly admire you. I'm a shy person myself and I did sneak pictures of cute outfits back then, to show them to my mum and sisters because they didn't believe people wore this stuff around.
>>
>>9217223
>am an immigrant
This is why
>>
>>9217654
Well I'm male and hang around the 'lan's more than often enough. Apparently it just isn't done down here in Stuttgart. Perhaps the Antifa sponsored hugbox made them into spoiled idiots up in the northzone.
>>
>>9217634
This is different. Those people ask and have the intend to make a nice memory for themselves or their children. Not going online and mocking the people the took a photo of.
>>
I don't care if someone take pictures without my knowledge, because I am complete masked. They can not see my face and anyone can be inside in my costume. I prefer masked cosplay, it has pretty much Anonymous feel. This is really useful.
>>
So, with FBM coming up, why not organize a /cgl/ meeting? I want to know how many of you fags I actually know. I mean, the German Scene isn't that big.
>>
>>9217792
I'd go, but I'm a dude and currently losing weight like mad, so I won't have any clothes that fit me, would probably have to go casual. Is that acceptable?
>>
>>9217792
>mfw this will be the first FBM I won't be visting

H...have fun gulls
>>
>>9204434
Cologne?
>>9207532
At least at gamescom cus muh pisslam terrorfotzen hurr durr soccer mom's could be scared

Unrelated. How do you guys react when someone takes pictures if you when you don't want it?

Nice way aka asking to delete it or hard way by smashing the mobile phone?
>>
>>9217962
I always want to take a picture of them back, but most of the time I'm just startled and walk away.
Now that I think of it this only happened to me once.
>>
>>9217839
While that is kinda shitty, why not, at least you're part of the fun
>>9217858
desu, I wasn't sure I was going either. I mean, it's nice meeting the people, but it's shit for a con/fair/whatever
>>
>>9211801
What City are you in doe? Mannheim is pretty shit in regards of people there. Organization is okay, I guess.
>>
>>9218424
Diff anon but how is the jfashion scene in Mannheim? Are people generally openminded and accepting there?
>>
>>9218750
I'll be honest with you, I've never really kept an eye on the jfashion Scene. Can only talk for the cosplayers here
>>
File: moo juice crazy insane.jpg (241KB, 828x668px) Image search: [Google]
moo juice crazy insane.jpg
241KB, 828x668px
>I realize that the FBM is literally in a week
Okay, hold up, I have no idea how any meet would even happen. Can someone give me the skinny?
>>
>>9220477
last year some seagulls managed to meet at a specific time at some landmark iirc
>>
>>9222476
Dokomi last year had a meet too, I think.
>>
>>9222722
FETTTREFFEN?
>>
>>9223030
>>9222722

Are there any pics?
>>
>>9223081
>>9223030

dunno, I wasn't there just read it here.
>>
>>9212884
>>9213376
3500 here
>>
>>9211776
>the scene is pretty drama-free
As if. The farm is full of salty vendettas about German weebs.
>>
>>9224110
farm? what??
>>
>>9224117
lolcow farm

Lurk moar
>>
File: tumblr_nxofriT3Re1ua9o12o1_1280.jpg (116KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxofriT3Re1ua9o12o1_1280.jpg
116KB, 1024x683px
>>9212300
I think you mean K-A-N-A Cosplay
>>
>>9202775
> scam con

I hope it to be honest. Looks shit and every one, who got invited, is overrated or just simply a attention whore
>>
>>9203085
Because Germans are unfunny as hell.
Or because everyone finishes their costumes the night before the skit, so they don't have time to prepare a decent performance
>>
>>9203085
because germans are horrible actors
>>
>>9224152
Yes, that one. She's probably the only recognizable German cosplayer who is not only known among Germans, but also international
>>
>>9224492

Besides Calssara, Kamui, Lightning, Aigue-Marine, Maul, Liechee, I guess.
Spontaneous, there might be more.
>>
>>9224516
Never heard of any of those desu. Do you have any photos? Because if I google for eg Kamui I'm pretty sure there'll be some jrock idol popping up
>>
>>9224564
Do you live under a rock?
No one's gonna spoonfeed you that basic shit
>>
>>9224564
I'm not even a cosplayer but heard of at least three of those in various threads here
>>
>>9224692
I'm not really interested in the cosplay scene and only know about the fashion scene here. So yes, for someone who's NOT into cosplay kana is practically the only one I know and probably also just because of her boobs.
>>
>>9224692
Because Kana is so very fashionable...

If you add 'cosplay' to any name mentioned, you'll find them asap.
>>
So I guess there's no meetup at the FBM this year?
>>
File: DSC_0001_7 - Kopie.jpg (3MB, 4360x2924px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001_7 - Kopie.jpg
3MB, 4360x2924px
Look what I found yesterday.

Who'll be there?
>>
File: 1462954659478.gif (1MB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
1462954659478.gif
1MB, 500x235px
>>9228844
>everything on that flyer
>>
>>9228844
>that badly edited photo montage
>>
>>9230249
Wth?? This board is 18+ anon.
>>
>>9230249
CC stuttgart was bretty good
>>
File: 1458989120418.png (106KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1458989120418.png
106KB, 512x384px
>>9228844
>Abart der Liebe
>Wer süß verkleidet kommt bekommt ein Lolli, versprochen!
Yeah, that doesn't sound like creepy underage bait at all. Jfc.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9230249
>>
>>9230382
Sounds like you've literally never been around university students
>>
>>9228844
*einen Lolli
>>
>>9230701
*eine Loli
>>
>>9230694
Do I want to know?
>>
Jfash scene in Eastern Germany? Comms on the Google Doc are all very far from me. I wouldn't mind taking a train for 1-2hrs for a nice meet up sometime.
>>
>>9230765

For Lolita, there's definetly an active com in the Saxonia/Franconia Region. I forgot their name though.
>>
>>9230810
That helps, though! Thanks, anon
>>
>tfw no female friend to crossdress with

Crossdressing/playing ain't fun alone.
>>
>>9230813

I just looked it up, the Franconian Princesses seem to be quite active.

Also check this out :http://dunkelsuess.de/site/index.php/Lexikon/Regionaltreffen?from=Magazin.Events
>>
>>9230810
magdeburg, berlin and gera have a quite active community in east germany (lolita fashion)
and i think berlin/brandenburg have some active gyaru-circles as well (but I'm nt sure because i'm not active in this kind of fashion)
>>
>>9230874
I think Berlin also has a more or less regular Harajuku Fashion Walk
>>
Cosplayers, what do you think about the DCM winners?
>>
>>9230886
who won? DCM just posted all the winners in one picture, but I can't make out who exactly won now
>>
>>9230842
>>9230874
You're both saints. Thanks again!
>>
>>9230880
its more a "bad-cosplay and ita and creep"-walk then a fashion walk.
>>
>>9231063
we want pics
>>
>>9231063
Is it really that bad? Sorry I've ever seen photos of the ones in Hamburg and Düsseldorf and they seem to go pretty well
>>
>>9230810
>>9230842
You know that Franconia is a region in Bavaria and nowhere near eastern germany, right?
>>
>>9231764
>nowhere near eastern germany

I don't know where the problem is. Saxonia and Franconia are neighbours. And depending where OP >>9231033 comes from, it could be quite close or very far. If OP wanted Information about groups in a specific area, he/she would've said that.
>>
>>9230810

There is also a comm in Leipzig with a regular Stammtisch. Where are you in the east, Anon?
>>
>>9230880

The Lolita community in Berlin itself is pretty established with regular meetups and really well-dressed members, though.

>>9231764

A lot of people in the East travel for meetups anyway. We take turns organizing events and visit each other most of the time.
>>
File: cute smug loli collage.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
cute smug loli collage.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
>>9232111
>a regular Stammtisch
>mfw trying to picture lolitas in a tent at the Wiesn with a Maß each trying to talk over 10000 drunk retards everywhere around them
>>
Man, I miss my old cosplay group.

Sadly we all became older, they went to university, tried out drugs and weird sex practices and everyone became an asshole.

I need a new one. But most groups are so bloody underage I would feel like a pedophile with my 22 years.
>>
>>9230889
I can help with that.

Solo category:
5. Chiyoko_Chi as Kirika from "Shining Resonance"
4. Cleo as Ayesha Altugle from "Atelier Shallie Plus"
3. Iloon as Kirito from SAO II
2. Syjana as Sophie de Narrateur from Professor Layton
1. mondhase as Anna from Frozen Fever

Duo category:
5. FallenWings and Tsuki as Mikaela and Yuichiro from "Owari no Seraph"
4. Iggy and Tigger (?) as Sailor Chibi Moon and Sailor Venus
3. Heartdice and Kurii as Shallotte und Shallistera aus "Atelier Shallie"
2. Yami and Lil as Mikleo and Sorey from Tales of Zestria
1. Butters and Xawin as Lelouch and Nunnally vi Britannia from Code Geass

Not sure if I wrote all nicknames correctly but that's what I know.

The solo winner was quite obvious in my opinion. I wasn't sure about the rest but I have no complaints
>>
File: 15083226.gross-tile.jpg (166KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
15083226.gross-tile.jpg
166KB, 854x640px
>>9230889

here both first places
>>
>>9232392
Looks like taobao meets bodyline. German cosplay scene is lowkei af
>>
>>9232480
What kind of cosplays did you expect or regard as good?

In my opinion the cosplays of the american and asian comunities have a lot of shiny bling but are real clusterfucks, if you look up close. It's preference I guess.
>>
File: img_3.jpg (451KB, 1914x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img_3.jpg
451KB, 1914x1080px
>>9232392
Huh, Nunnally's wig is waaaay too dark! And shouldn't the dress be much puffier?

Anna's very nice though, beautiful and clean work!
>>
I hear that Xawin and Butters Cosplay are made by her mother
>>
>>9232511
These look very rushed and lacking any special details like well something you'd buy on aliexpress. They look more like halloween cosplays, without any love
>>
>>9232511
Another anon, but I just don't understand why the biggest focus of DCM lies on the "cleanliness" on of the costume. The costumes they made look neat, but because so much focus went onto doing every seam correct, Nunnally's dress doesn't look much like the original. I feel like this costume should look both neat and like the original. It's possbile to do it very blingy and shiny and also clean.
>>
>>9232113
Really good to know, thanks! I'm the original anon who asked about comms in the east. I'm actually not in Germany but on the west side of CZ so the big Czech comm is actually quite far for me. The German comms you've all mentioned are a lot closer.
>>
>>9231651
It seriously is bad. It is mainly a cosplay meet up with some poorly dressed people. Even when they had a jfashion theme everyone attended in cosplay or seriously bad fashion attempts. I saw 3 or 4 People who looked good. The program is sadly awfully cringy too.
>>
>>9235386
That sucks as Berlin is such a huge city with at least two japan related 'weeb' shops. If I'd be there I'd plan sth awesome
>>
>>9231217
http://designerks.wixsite.com/anime-designerks/harajuku-day-berlin-t2
(and these are the "good" ones XD)
>>
File: 1459206645639.jpg (41KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1459206645639.jpg
41KB, 400x533px
>>9236351
>oh hey it's not too bad
>girl with drawn on freckles
>oh
>girl with cheap top resimbling a kimono
>ohoh
>old lady with stocking wig
>ohohoh
>chubby girl trying to pose dramaticly. A girl in flowergown is in the background
>ok I'm out
>>
>>9236351
>>9236363

That freckles girl seriously cracked me up.
>That girl with the drawn freckles is rocking granny-kei
>girl with kinomo is your regular "muh japanese fashion" weeb gurl
>old lady with stocking...jesus, it's just a huge clusterfuck, but her face says, she has a refined taste
>atleast the Madoka is cute

This is why we can't have nice things.
Pictures like these always reinforce my thought that I should keep myself from j-fashion groups here in Germany. I don't expect perfectly flawless coords like they are taken straight out of a catalogue at all, but just too many people affiliated with j-fashion are looking like they just escaped out of a Deiters changing room and don't make the impression like they know what they are doing at all.
>>
>>9236351
But hasn't there also been a real Fashion Walk aside from this shit show?
>>
>>9235345
Come to the Franconian Princesses meetups. We'd love to meet you. We used to have a Czech girl here but now she moved to Munich so she only visits from time to time.
>>
>>9236351
>XD
>>
>>9236903
not in berlin.
harajuku fashion walk in hamburg looks a way nicer.
>>
>>9237622
how is the j-fash scene in hamburg in general?`I haven't hear much about it.
>>
>>9236609
>>atleast the Madoka is cute
Well, the person might be cute, but I'm not sure how you can tell the cosplay to be cute when the picture only shows a fraction of it. What it does show are straight bangs, so I can't imagine the rest of it to be too good.
I bet she doesn't even have a puffy skirt (Madokas who aren't puffy enough (i.e. 90 %) are my personal pet peeve).
>>
>>9237633
Hamburg has an active Lolita Comm as well as the Harajuku Fashion Walk. There are definitely some weebs, but in the past two years or something the 'quality' got a lot better again. Also the J-Store tries to make the scene bigger with holding events like the Harajuku Closet and the Harajuku Closet x Christmas Market etc
Well, I think there are a lot of lolitas in and around Hamburg, but there are also have some other alternative styles floating around. They just lack an active gyaru comm which is somewhat sad as nearly every bigger city or country part has an active circle
>>
>>9238155
>active Lolita Comm
I thought there were two comms and some stupid drama involved. Or is that over?
>>
>>9238173
That's years ago. There's actually the Hamburg Com and the SH Nordlichter but a lot of the Nordlichter Lolitas are going to the Hamburg Events and vice versa. No drama left
>>
>>9238283
Unfortunatly the Hamburg comm I found on FB (Nordlichter) seems inactive. Where can I find the other comm?
>>
>>9238360
There's Nordlichter and Hamburg Lolitas, both private groups. But youlre right the Hamburg Lolitas are a little more active. I'm sorry I mistook the names
>>
File: 1459967591246.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459967591246.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>9238538
I didn't even knew there was a second group (Hamburg Lolitas) on FB, thanks for that! They really seem to be more active.
>>
>>9232125
Just go to one of those cons where they only allow people 18+.
>>
>>9238821
What. They do exist here?
>>
>>9238821
What? Sounds awesome!
I want something like Connichi or Dokomi but without underage-cancer. I think 20+ would be the best.
>>
>>9238821
I never knew we had such in Germany
>>
>>9238949
>>9238979
>>9239109

I don't think we have a proper 18+ con, maybe local 18+ meet ups.
>>
>>9239337
Imagine all the fat, sweaty weeabos who'd attend such an event
>>
>>9239547
>implying they aren't already attending every japanese-ish festival/meet up/convention
>>
>>9239610
But it would be even more creepier if it's under an 18+ banner, because eww
>>
>>9239626
I don't think people would take it the sexy way, but I would be glad for an 18+ convention, it's so hard to get booze at regular cons, it's a shame.
>>
>>9239643
Are we in the same Germany? Any semi-big con will inevitably have a beer wagon.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477846706888.jpg (124KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477846706888.jpg
124KB, 960x960px
>>9238155
Just saw this on the J-Store page, has anyone of you ever attended this event?
>>
>>9239655
I'm pretty sure Connichi and Dokomi don't, but the AnimeCons target younger folks in general. Only events that ever sold any alcohol were fairs, who have a mature target group.
>>
>>9239698
I know that the Gamescom is always swimming in it. I used two pints this year to dull the pain of my feet that I got from being on them for so long. I mean, you can get slugged on beer from 16 on upwards. Unless the con is aiming for the 15 and younger bracket there ought to be beer anywhere.
>>
File: 1477861204048.jpg (49KB, 268x371px) Image search: [Google]
1477861204048.jpg
49KB, 268x371px
>>9239671
wew looks like a lot of fun
>>
>>9239710
Contemplating mistakes made in her life
>>
>>9232708
is there any proof? because you know we already had a cheat in DCM history and you don't throw around accusations lightly because it will be double checked
>>
>>9243223
for DCM, you usually have to hand in many progress pictures and examples of your fabrics, so I guess it's hard to cheat?
>>
>>9243267
sure but a progress picture doesn't show WHO was working on the stuff and that's the problem in this case
>>
>>9243450
that's true, but I think the judges should be able to judge who made their stuff? I bet they ask detailed questions about the progress and since they're experienced cosplayers most of the time, they should be able to tell who made their stuff
>>
>>9232708
>>9243450
if this is not just whiny butthurt shitposting because you/your friends didn't win, do the more useful action and write to DCM about this- with proof or indicators supporting your accusations. while dcm has a lot of shit staining their good name, since the last case of cheating they do take these accusations very seriously and will investigate.
>>
>>9243636
DCM is too busy keeping up their good name to find out the truth about their so called winner. that would be too embarassing
>>
>>9243472
the judges don't ask questions they only tell you what you could have done better and giving advice not asking about your technique. also: if her mother made the costumes I bet she made sure to tell them what to say in case of people asking about it
>>
>>9243636
Wait, there was a case of cheating? Please share all the deets.
>>
>>9244403
Back in 2008, when the male cosplayers still had their own category, the male winner in the finals won with a cosplay he bought on e-bay (he altered it slightly but it was still bought).

Because there was a lot of talk the DCM made a documented investigation, where they bought the same costume and compared it to the winner's cosplay. This investigation showed that details like shoes were self made but the clothes with all their patterns were not. The winner tried to lie himself out of it but the evidence could not be denied.
The complete steps and results of the investigation was made public by the dcm. I'm sure I saw it on animexx then but I can't find it anymore....

I only know the cosplayer was pretty much lynched by the whole community after that and he never appeared to a convention again.
>>
>>9243636
>>9244410
Same anon from previous post: I found it.

Google for "Titel "Deutscher Cosplaymeister 2008" aberkannt" and you find the news on animexx with all the details
>>
>>9244411
>>9244410

Thanks anon!
>>
>>9244410
so they actually do investigate if there is a legitimate suspicion?

because there is for real no way the winners did sew their costumes themself. I saw them at another convention and their costumes were so trainwrecked it almost hurt.
>>
>>9244476
I also just found an interview of FUNtime 56: Deutsche Cosplaymeisterschaft – Interview mit Peter Müller.

In that interview the head origanizer of the DCM Peter states that they always try to investigate such matters to prove the innocence or (in case of 2008) guilt of the participants and clear out bad rumours...

But only if someone actually bothers to talk the DCM about the suspicion or how else should they know?
Just some anonymous bitching on 4chan will not get us an investigation I'm afraid.
Anyone here daring enough to write them?

In their defense: Both cosplays were not really sewn that great and the crafted details out of worbla, fimo and glass looked better for the most part as the seams... I figured they got a lot of points with their performance and the duo category wasn't really that great this year.
>>
>>9244488
as far as I know someone already told them. and of course nothing will be investigated. I can understand it, because how will you prove something like this? it is a very good cheat to let your mother sew everything. you have work in progress pictures, you have fabric and sewing stuff to show and so on. it's sad but clever
>>
kinda sad how obvious it is who is making these allegations. after all the same pair has been claiming everyone who placed higher than them in any contest must be cheating for years! Thats probably why DCM doesnt even aknowledge their shit anymore because. Stay salty!
>>
>>9244382
I don't think you have ever been judged in a real cosplay contest
>>
>>9218750
mannheim is awesome, at least for classic lolita. i only ever had positive reactions.
>>
File: nature.gif (1004KB, 409x230px) Image search: [Google]
nature.gif
1004KB, 409x230px
>>9245923
Thanks, that's really encouraging! I'm looking forward to wearing lolita and explore pretty sceneries
>>
>>9245439
I was a judge in this competition and I know what is asked and what is not asked. It is not that easy to cheat, but it is possible. That is because it is really hard to prove if someone had a helping hand or not.
>>
>>9247794
wouldn't it be nice if YOU would be the one stating these suspicion?
>>
>>9247794
so by your logic, everyone in a cosplay comp is cheating until proven otherwise?
>>
>>9248258
by my logic accusations are thrown until a competition protects its winner by proving them to be no cheater.

and you can clearly see that they haven't made their costumes by themself, but it is hard to prove because the DCM only takes work in progress pictures as evidence. there is no other way accepted to demonstrate costumes to be handmade or not.
>>
>>9249118
>clearly see
How so? From what you can find online, their general costume level is pretty much the same as their winner costumes?
>>
>>9249134
It isn't. I've seen two of their costumes from this year close up. Those were costumes they made beetween Dokomi and Frankfurt bookfair. So they should be on the same level as their DCM costumes, but they aren't. Sorry for being observant and not that easily tricked
>>
>>9249170
>observant
I think 'obsessed' is the word you're looking for.

inb4 I'm them, their friends and a whiteknight. Cosplayers tend to have different qualities in their costumes, and I would personally put more effort into contest cosplays than others.
You have zero evidence of that change in quality of the winners costumes and it only makes you sound salty.
>>
>>9249214
another anon. but why thank your mother that much if she didn't help at all? that's what makes me suspicious.
>>
>>9249250
sorry your relationship with your parents is so fucked up anon. guess we gotta investigate all these beautyqueens and footballplayers who thank jesus and their parents after winning something. you really need to either go and file a claim with DCM instead of whining in here or cut the sodium out of your diet.
>>
>>9249582
look. neither a footballplayer nor a beautyqueen can have direct help from their parents which leads to them winning. in this competition help from a seamstress is quite a convenient help and has direct influence on the outcome. so thanking your parents for their moral support is something completely different than thanking them for their "support" cosplaywise.
>>
>>9202662
Dont think so
I only know that the animuc is every year just like the ticon
Attend animuc every year but never went to the Ticon
Only reason for going is that there aren't any other cons around but it's worth checking out
>>
>>9250085
Anon just let it go already. Nobody but you cares about it here. Go make a claim at DCM, but for fucks sake stop making whiny posts. You won't get anyone suppprting your cause here. Stop it.
>>
How do you expect will the convention scene look like in 5 years from now?
>>
>>9250263
pretty much like this
>>
>>9250202
I'm with her. Just how to contact DCM without giving away you care too much about this shit? I just would love to see them having to deal with those whining
>>
>>9251050
go and try their facebook or twitter? there must be an email adress, too, somewhere
>>
>>9251050
http://www.dcm-cosplay.de/index.php/kontakt/
>>
dcm a shit
>>
>>9254145
life is boring, isn't it salt-chan?
>>
>>9251597
so far no response at all
>>
>>9256635
maybe because they are all volunteers who enjoyed a nice weekend or are to busy rolling their eyes at you instead of replying to your whiny accusations salt-chan
>>
>>9256655
come on don't be that obvious about your involvement with DCM. let the anon embarass itself instead of making a fool out of yourself. some ppl might take this as an accuse to hate on you even more
>>
Who's going to EpicCon?
>>
>>9259454

I am, all three days.
>>
>>9259544
whatcha cosplaying as?
>>
>>9259580

Yaoi on Ice, Touken Ranbu and Mystic Mistake.
You coming too, Anon? If yes, will you cosplay too?
>>
Is there a list of german lolita / j-fash indie brands anywhere?
>>
>>9259885
If I'm lucky and get it done in Time:
Midas from Ghost Recon Wildlands

otherwise Venom Snake or Big Boss
>>
Was anybody here at VieCC?
>>
>>9261601
Yes, just Sunday. I'm >>9261470
>>
>>9261601
Yes was both days.
>>
>>9261651
>>9261653
Cool! What did you think about it?

I was only there on Saturday and even then I wasn't able to attend any of the guest thingies.
>>
>>9261681
I thought it was awesome and much better than last year, especially that it was 2 big halls this year.

Since I was at like 80% of the main Stage panels, i couldn't look around so much but I think there were far more Cosplays this year and the quality went up.
>>
>>9261698
I wanted to go last year too but stuff happened. Was it really cramped to all hell?
But having those big-ass aisles made moving around a lot easier tho since I was wearing pic related.

Huh, I felt like compared to some of the other Austrian conventions (be that AniNite, Nyancon, Vienna Comic) there were a lot less cosplayers. But most of the ones I did see had some top-notch stuff.
>>
>>9261793
The main hall last year was hell sometimes, cramped as with stupid people blocking everything.

>Huh, I felt like compared to some of the other Austrian conventions (be that AniNite, Nyancon, Vienna Comic) there were a lot less cosplayers.
Well it is the normie con in austria, so quantity wise less cosplayers than at the smaller more "nerdier" ones.
>>
>>9261802
I mean, it being bigger this time around didn't stop people from doing shit in the way of everyone.
I stopped counting he amount of times people bitched at me because they took up a whole fucking aisle to take pictures and I literally couldn't see that they were there.

And I guess so. It's just the comparison to Comix that stumped because I'd say that that one is even more"normal"
>>
RPC is best con. Little amounts of weeb trash, alcohol and cool people!
>>
>>9259454
ain't that a fraud?
>>
>>9262579
Why would it be?
>>
>>9262581
because it feels like everyone who enters the convention floor wins a flight to Japan/USA. Seriously, they're giving those away for the friday cosplay comp and yet there aren't enough people entering.
>>
>>9262634
The fact that they're willing to spend so much money on all these guests and flights seems fishy indeed. I don't think they'll be able to fulfill every promise they made. I'm going because I have nothing better to do but I'll only go one day and I'm not getting my hopes up too much.
>>
>>9262581
also they are answering and posting a lot in english only on facebook which made me wonder if they have no german speaking organizer in their team at all
>>
>>9262478
I'm totally with you there! It's just genuinely fun, because most people there really are total geeks.
>>
>>9262673
>>>
> Anonymous 11/21/16(Mon)11:59:24 No.9262581▶>>9262634 >>9262673
>>>9262579
>Why would it be?
>>>
> Anonymous 11/21/16(Mon)14:02:24 No.9262634▶>>9262666
>>>9262581
>because it feels like everyone who enters the convention floor wins a flight to Japan/USA. Seriously, they're giving those away for the friday cosplay comp and yet there aren't enough people entering.

The amount of tickets they are trowing away is really desparate. They probably do it to achieve bigger numbers in their attendance, as they were not able to sell tickets in advance. I wonder with which money the want to pay the flights, guests and everything else though?

Desperate is probably the best description you can get about what I've seen so far.
>>
>>9261793
>top-notch stuff
that pic
fuck no
>>
>>9262478
Hell yeah!
Gonna have a booth there next year.
Really looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1455953625778.jpg (270KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1455953625778.jpg
270KB, 600x399px
>>
>>9268580

Wow, arent you an edgelord, Anon.
>>
File: 1458787905797-2.jpg (46KB, 379x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458787905797-2.jpg
46KB, 379x600px
>>9268583
you perceive correctly, anon.
>>
>>9268117
What's your booth going to be about?
>>
>>9259454
>EpicCon

I want to hear the stories and reports once its over.
>>
>>9270429
You will anon!

I actually have two friends who got a booth there, so idk, I'll hear from them too
>>
>>9270429

Will do.
>>
>>9205435
>brovocing people on burbose on the internet
>>
File: 1467236916464.jpg (181KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467236916464.jpg
181KB, 1200x800px
Dieses Brett ist absolut Degeneriert.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

/pol/
>>
Comic Con Dortmund Visitors!
You haven't made your scheduled report. Come in!
>>
>>9277487
what a shitfest. I've never seen so much hate towards a convention organisation.
>>
>>9278248
deets please
I only heard briefly about issue with parking
>>
>>9277487
the con floor was actually quite nice!
>>
>>9278292
Let's try to list it up:

parking sucked dicks
dirty floors
hell as ugly location
no decent stars/guests - the only ones of interest declined their appearance. Or they got declined by the convention itself, which resulted into a shitstorm online by Eve Myles and her fans.
Leftovers were random Ewoks and Stormtroopers, what the fuck? Not that I'm interested in those guests anyway, but isn't that what a comic con is mostly about and sets it apart from other concentions?

Instead of focussing on one decent event they are now doing 3 shitshows like that a year. It's commercial bullshit, has no flair and everywhere I look it's complaints everywhere.

Artists, dealers, visitors, I've never seen a convention receiving so much hate. Not even animagic - and the became really unpopular over the years.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bubble bursts at one point. But I guess the organisers made so much money by then, that they don't really need to care.

Picture related btw.: it's actually from a rage post on facebook
>>
>>9279200
oh and don't get me started about their online communication

their way of deleting negative feedback and fucking up their visitors verbally is borderline hilarious. you can check it out yourselves on their page
>>
I sure do hope that Animagic will be great again at the new location. One can only hope.
>>
>>9279549
At least I'll get there easier. But I hope there won't be too many kid pests, like the Animexx Meetup there.
>>
So, who's going top EpicCon this weekend?
What will you be wearing?
>>
>>9282719
is it true only 600 people attended today?

Didn't they advertise with 30.000?
>>
File: 1468998375494.jpg (15KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
1468998375494.jpg
15KB, 192x154px
>>9282719

>only 600 people attended

I want to know it all
>>
I was at EpicCon and spotted the first YOItards wearing ice skates without skate guards inside the hall, kek.
It was very empty and apparently the cosplay contest was a clusterfuck regarding the quality of the contestants.
>>
File: CzUHElBWEAAU8xJ.jpg (94KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CzUHElBWEAAU8xJ.jpg
94KB, 1024x576px
they dare to call that a stage? Holy fucking moly, that's the most pathetic excuse for a stage I've ever witnessed in my convention career ever
>>
>>9283427
seconded

please tell us everything
>>
I just saw Calssara's announcement taking part as a guest and I'm wondering, wasn't she boycotting EpicCon all this time because they treated the guests badly or something and didn't pay for the flight tickets? Pretty sure I saw it on twitter.
>>
>>9284214
Wasn't that in Spain or Mexico or something? I'm p. sure you're mixing up something-
>>
epiccon? more like epicfailcon
>>
>>9284214
Was she even there?
>>
>>9250341
is WarCraft still a thing?
>>
To be honest? I've seen worse. While Saturday was a catastrophe, Sunday was pretty fun and there were a lot more people. I'm not exactly sure where it went wrong?

I didn't pay shit for my tickets, so I'm good.
>>
>>9286062

What was bad about Saturday?

I agree though, I've been at much worse cons. I liked the location, the workshop rooms and the fact that there was a mall nearby.
>>
>>9286071
Same here. Had prepared myself for much, much worse and I thought it wasn't as bad as it could've been. The mostly empty hall was dissapointing but I still had a good time.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.