[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casual Cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 39

File: image.jpg (934KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
934KB, 3264x2448px
What do you think about people who wear whole cosplays or parts of their cosplays in public on a daily basis?

Pic related. I used to see this girl everyday on my campus wearing the same Link hat + a multitude of black Nintendo T-shirts. It was as if she didn't own anything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (610KB, 2354x3018px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
610KB, 2354x3018px
>>9196595
GDI image flipped.
>>
I think people who do that end up looking just as dorky as the kids who wear Naruto headbands to school.
>>
>>9196595
I don't know who's worse, her or you
>>
I'd also like to know cgl's opinion on this

I wear my Oppai hoodie to class/out of the house sometimes, or wear my Hyrule Warriors scarf when it gets a little too chilly outside.

I don't wear these things everday like OP's classmate, but is it still considered weeby??

I'd like to think people who wear these kinds of these everyday are just waiting for other people like them to befriend. Like they'd wear the hat in hopes of somebody saying "Hey I like your hat!" and then they'd make a friend with a similar interest?
>>
>>9196631
It's pretty weeby and middle-school to me.

A t-shirt or hoodie is okay sometimes but I always feel like I'm too old for that stuff now.
>>
>>9196624
You are.

>>9196631
It does kinda make you seem like you're trying to show off how much of nerd/gamer you are for attention. But I guess it's no different than having a Zelda phone case or something. Just bee urself.
>>
>>9196595
So... you took a creepy picture of her without her permission and are asking people to judge her online for it? You could've pulled any image from google. You kind of just sound like an asshole, anon. She's just wearing merch of her favorite stuff. Sure it's a little weeby, but how is hurting you so much that feel the need to post her here?
We all go through that phase at some point when we find merch of our favorite things, and then we're able to look back and make fun of ourselves later.
>>
>>9196755
Are you her lol

Since when are people on 4chan nice?
>>
>>9196595
>cgl
>bitches when people take photos of them without permission
>takes photos of people without permission

GG
>>
Really depends. Full cosplays usually look ridiculous(unless it's street clothing to begin with) like OP's Link hat looks silly, while >>9196631's
scraf just looks like another piece of fandom clothing and on the level of wearing a t-shirt.
>>
>>9196912
Her face isn't in the photo so it's basically anonymous.

You're just like the butthurt assholes who complain about People of Walmart
>>
>>9196923
Girl is cringy, but its what she wants to do. just like you are here because you either want to dress like a chinese cartoon character or a victorian little girl.

if someone actively posts their photos online though, have at it, make fun of them, jerk off to them, i dont give a shit. They posted online and that shit happens, and they should be fully aware. taking photos of people without permission is a dick move, and honestly makes me question what sort of person you are. did you have friends with you that were somehow approving of you doing this, or were you alone chuckling to yourself when you posted this? Probably the latter.
>>
There's a girl at my school who's always cosplaying Jack Frost. Always wearing the wig and the hoodie, and always barefoot or wearing flip flops (even when it's cold, but we're in the south so it's not too often)
>>
>>9196923
No, this is really just, "check out this girl in my class, what a loser".
>>
File: subtlemaybe.png (396KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
subtlemaybe.png
396KB, 1130x900px
The hat might be a cringey, what is wrong with the black nintendo t-shirts? You guys are in college, so assuming she's like 18-21, I don't think a nintendo t-shirt is something stupid to wear to class. Maybe it's bad if you're in a business major or teaching major where you need to do presentations, but if you're just sitting and listening to a lecture for a gen ed class, who cares?

Gotta agree a little with >>9196928. If she posted herself online or is a total nutcase, then shame on her, but let her wear her dumb hat. She is nowhere near comparable to People of Walmart, either. >>9196933 's schoolmate sounds stupid though. Barefoot? why...

>>9196631
Oppai hoodie is pretty subtle.

Pic semi related -- some shirts that are subtle. Personally, I like the Golden Boy one.
>>
File: Excalibur.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur.gif
1MB, 300x169px
I dated a girl in middle school who wore a Yuki Kuran cosplay from time to time. She stopped wearing it once we got into high school and generally toned down her power level, but god I still kind of cringe when I think of it.
>>
File: 415789_1.jpg (15KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
415789_1.jpg
15KB, 285x285px
>>9196939
A friend of mine bought a Seido baseball shirt and it's super low key. Like, anyone who doesn't watch Ace of Daimonds would assume that it's really just a baseball team from Japan.
>>
Comes off as attention whory. I prefer power level hiding clothing. Stuff that's well enough to pass as a normie shirt/accessory or whatever but still represents your fandom to those who are also entrenched in it.
>>
I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing merch (i wouldn't say that's casual cosplay), but imo the more subtle the better. I like phone cases and the occasional tshirt, but i grew out of the hat phase when i was in my mid-teens. There wasn't much of a thought process to me wearing my animu hats, but if i had to go for a reason i would probably say >>9196631 is right in that i was hoping it would act as a weeb-beacon so i could make a likeminded friend

I also think merch tshirts are less cringy than ones with stupid 'funny' sayings or ones with wordplay pictures on. Although when i was in the city earlier i saw 3 people in bazinga shirts, which was painful.

Also depends what you're wearing the shirt with as to how cringy other people find it, i guess. Like if you look really slobbish and are wearing an anime shirt people are going to judge you harsher than if you're wearing nice stuff and the tshirt happens to have something weeby on it

>>9196933
She's probably one of those people who 'identifies' as the character.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
>>9196939
>>9196945
Subtle nerd wear like this is really the only way to properly express your power level and attract other fans while not having normies categorize you as a loser.

I personally like the N7 stripe motif. Instantly recognizable but passable for normie clothing.
>>
Maaan. I knew a girl in middle school who would ALWAYS wear an America (Hetalia) get up. Fur lined jacket that she duct taped insignia on and leather gloves every day. It was bad.

Anecdote aside, everyday cosplay is cringeworthy. Just wear a chinese cartoon shirt or hat if you must. Subtle power level hiding is even better.
>>
I've been wearing skater dresses based off of my favorite characters, or sometimes straight up cosplay of the characters if the character is casual enough.
I live in a relatively nerdy area, so anyone that recognizes it starts a short fun convo with me, and anyone who doesn't just thinks my outfit is cute.

Normies tend to really like pic related due to all the colors, though its not really recognized since its a dead game
>>
>>9196595
Depends on the cosplay, a lot casual ones are less eyecatching than the average jfashion.
>>
>>9196939
OP here. Nothing wrong with the shirts lol. Just paired with the hat it was cringe.

Like we get it, you like Zelda and you obviously want people to admire what a badass gurl gamer you are. I see people with Triforce backpacks and anime tshirts all the time though and it's whatever.

>>9196928
Chill the fuck out summerfag. She's likely not a seagull and no one can see her face so she's not going to be publically humiliated/doxxed/whatever bullshit you think will become of this thread. People take photos of shitty cosplayers for the sole purpose of uploading them here all the time and no one cares. How is this different?

For the record, I took a photo to show my friend last year and today I realized I still had it in my phone. I wanted to know what /cgl/ thought about it. That's all.
>>
File: tumblr_o6mm3fihjB1qm2e24o1_500.jpg (87KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6mm3fihjB1qm2e24o1_500.jpg
87KB, 500x667px
I googled subtle anime t-shirts and found this.

>>9197033
Oh, okay. I misinterpreted and thought you were also thinking nintendo shirts were weeby. I guess if she puts off a gamergurl XD SQUEE persona, then yeah, fuck that.
>>
File: 1410457635747.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410457635747.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>9197033
>someone dissagrees with you
>summerfag!!!!!111!!!

pathetic
>>
>>9196596
I think the hat's a little too much, I'd go with something more subtle. One girl at a college I used to attend had a blue sweater with the same design as Link's pajamas in Wind Waker, I asked her about one day and she said almost noone ever noticed what it was from. I like that sort of thing more than cosplaying.

When I was in highschool I was a bit dweeby and wore a peacoat with the headphones the MC of Persona 3 wears but again it was something nobody caught onto because it was a game no one else was interested in at the time.
>>
>>9197039
You are acting like a typical summerfag because you seem to be in complete shock that someone on 4chan is *gasp* an asshole.

I am an asshole but at the same time I didn't post her full name + home phone number so who gives a shit? Only you.
>>
>>9196595
I don't understand why anyone would call this cosplay? Plenty of people nowadays wear anime/cartoon/game merch, because it's become more mainstream and netflix is a thing. Acceptance of nerd culture has become a part of general culture. I think you're reading too much into it OP, let the girl be the fan she wants to be.
>>
>>9196639
Just wondering, what do you consider to be too old for that stuff, like 21+? or like 30+?
>>
>>9197045
i'm sorry your uncle touched you hun
>>
In high school there was a guy a year above me that would come literally every day dressed as kakashi from naruto. All the getup. Vest, pants, sandals, headband. No mask because they weren't allowed, no wig. Every day. I never got close enough to him but I'm sure they stank unless he had five kakashi cosplays in his closet for every day of the week.

Even as a cringy weeb myself I knew that was too weird and weeby for me
>>
File: Untitled.png (404KB, 726x753px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
404KB, 726x753px
I absolutely love casual cosplay. Something where normies think nothing of it, but weebs understand. pic related is a good example.
>>
>>9197105
Same, anon. I've worn the shorts for my haikyuu and kuroko no basket cosplay to the gym before. I won't wear the jerseys out, but I feel like the shorts are enough. My bf actually wore his haikyuu jersey with jeans once to get fast food before, and a bunch of weebs freaked out. Would like to note that one was wearing a dress with a bunch of shiba inus on it from the doge meme...

>>9197086
Depends on where you are. There's an older guy at my gym who must be 45+ who wears subtle anime t-shirts. At the gym, grocery shopping, or doing errands are all fine
>>
>>9196641
>wearing an article of clothing from a game you genuinely enjoy
>omg stop being a poser anon

Kay so how is it then?
>>
>>9197088
I'm sorry you got all worked up over something that doesn't ultimately matter.

Moving on.

>>9197102
And I thought the weebs at my school in Naruto headbands were cringey, Jesus lol. If you had pictures of him walking to class like that it would be good cringe thread material.
>>
I mean like is it bad to wear a shirt of your favorite band or sports team in public? Why is video games, anime and manga so different?
>>
>>9197132
It's not anymore. I've seen plenty of normies wearing mainstream anime shit like that jacket from Attack on Titan.
>>
> board is about dressing up in styles seen as odd by normies
> b-but at least we aren't like this people, right?
>>
>>9197136
Yeah, but like what's the problem with that? many people who usually don't watch anime have seen a little bit like maybe Attack on Titan, Naruto, One Punch and Attack on Titan. If they are a fan of the show why does it matter they wnat to wear something like that in public?
>>
>>9197139
I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with it. I don't care what people want to wear. The only people who think it's wrong are autists who want to be the only people aware of their hobby.
>>
Alright so this isn't exactly a storytime thread but it's related. So this one time i wore a Zelda t-shirt to college. A month later, in a completely unrelated incident, this chubby white kid yells something at me. I later learn it was something about my backpack being unzipped, to which I reply "i like it that way" and walk faster. He seemed weird and it was an obvious attempt to try to talk to me, but despite my efforts he matches my pace and comes up and zips up my backpack. I'm weirded the fuck out but assume he's got aspergers or something so i let him feel accomplished then leave. Another month passes and this same kid comes up to me while i'm ordering food and told me he remembered seeing me when i wore my zelda shirt. It's so long ago I couldn't even recall it at first. Then proceeded to inform me he was into super smash brothers and pokemon and a good portion of his life story, all while I'm trying to pay for my food. i told him I'm too busy for that shit anymore because i work and go to school, nope'd the fuck out and went somewhere else to go study. The fucker appears again FROM BEHIND ME and deems it appropriate to finish the rest of his life story and trails off about pokemon non stop like he memorized the fucking wiki. Fast forward, every week like clockwork, he finds me as I walk passed this bridge at the school and like a fucking troll slithers out from its darkened corners and follows me to my next class. I'm getting pretty close to reporting him to campus, when things go quiet for a while... then I FUCKING SEE HIM APPEAR IN FRONT OF MY WORK ONE DAY (i accidentally hinted at where i worked in the previous incident, I'm also fucking retarded) I freaked the fuck out and ran away. i never saw him again. i don't wear that shirt to college anymore and i won't be purchasing any more nerdy shit to wear in public.

tl;dr/moral of the story: be fucking weary about wearing nerdy shit because it gives creeps a reason to talk to you
>>
>>9197174
You were obviously hoping for some kind of attention when you wore that shirt so idk why you're surprised.
>>
I have a Fire Ferrets t-shirt that I ripped the sleeves off of that I wear for lifting, as well as a purple pink and white singlet that says "this isn't even my final form" that I wear to lift. A lot of gym bros are secretly (or not so secretly) huge nerds so I get lots of complements. Seems normal to me.
>>
>>9196595
Fuck off. She couldn't afford new clothes. You spoiled shitlord.
>>
>>9197494
Sorry you got posted.
>>
>>9197174
>>9197419

Because it wasn't attention from someone she found attractive.

Like, this is standard shallow chick behavior.
>>
>>9197528
Not many videogame loving dweebs are attractive. She's stupid if she really thought she'd get a 10/10 jock with social skills chasing her over a chinese video game shirt. Of course only an autist would give a shit that she likes a shitty game.
>>
>>9197528
>someone wears a shirt
>'YOU OBVIOUSLY DID THAT FOR ATTENTION"
it's...literally just a t-shirt. I see people in shirts that I like all the time. All I say is, "nice shirt" and go about my day. I doubt every person that's thrown on some dumb t-shirt is walking around thinking 'yeah, someone's bound to want to fuck me in this!'
>>
File: large (1).jpg (239KB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
large (1).jpg
239KB, 500x582px
>>9197118
>>
>>9197664
When accounting class starts at 10 but you have to fight ninjas at 10.30
>>
File: e.jpg (91KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
91KB, 288x432px
>>9197664
Sorry, but I love this. Dressing up is fun. Not really cringe unless he literally acts like the person he is dress as. Personality is what separates it from cringe to nice.

I don't see it too much different than people who wear all camo gear to school almost every day. High school in the south is so much of this

People wear what they like. You can make fun of them if you want, but don't act like you are actually better than someone else because your wardrobe consists of nothing but black or gray shirts and blue jeans.

Can this thread go back to posting casual cosplays?
>>
>>9197697
>If I wear cameo teacher won't call on me
>>
>>9196755
She didn't make an outright insult of her holy shit. Go back to your safe space.
>>
>>9197660
But there are plenty of attention seeking girls who will wear shit like that for that exact reason. Just because some don't it doesn't cancel out the ones that do desu.
>>
>>9197697
Yea even though I dislike Naruto, it really seems fun. If the guy just is minding his own business dressed up, who cares?

Is it really that shameful to be seen as a "weeb"?
>>
>>9197697
>>9197706
Yeah, I'm not about to just walk around wearing cosplays and Halloween costumes 24/7. Wearing a costume to an event is one thing. Walking around campus in a full Elsa cosplay is another. I don't care about "nerdy" t-shirts or sweatshirts but why would you even want to wear a full cosplay to school? I'm not going to confront anybody over it but then there are going to be people like OP that take photos of you to laugh about.

And yeah "weeb" has had a negative connotation for a very long time now? It's just like those people that are self-proclaimed otakus. You can like something without it consuming your life.
>>
>>9197704
So those dumb bitches ruined it for the rest of the gender? Anon didn't get pissed when the dude first approached. It's seems like him repeatedly popping up, including at anon's workplace, is what made anon uncomfortable.
>>
>>9197764
>why would you even want to wear a full cosplay to school
Same reason people wear anything else? Because they like wearing it?
>>
>saw fight club when I was in high school
>used to wear red leather jacket and fake OP 523 glasses to class
>everyone thought I was a loser and a virgin
>they were right
>>
>>9197107
A friend of mine wears DBZ/Pokemon shirts to the gym sometimes. It's honestly great because the dude is pretty jacked and the contrast is amusing.
>>
>>9197864
I don't like wearing my cosplays that much, anon. That's pretty obsessive
>>
>>9198412

DBZ shirts are normie tier, man. I see 3 or 4 of those every time i go.
>>
>>9198592
it's basic dude bro, like the UFC or vaping.
>>
>Laundry day
>Wear Homestuck tee
>"Omg anon, I'm a virgo too!"
>MFW trying to explain why I'm wearing a virgo shirt when I'm born in october
>>
>>9198660
Might be easier than trying to explain Homestuck.
>>
>>9196939
What website is that?
>>
Some of my cosplay accessories are high quality and I wear them because I'm proud of the purchase/craftsmanship. Why let good clothes go to waste?
>>
I own some anime and manga related clothing but they're from things that wouldn't be recognized by normies or entry-level weeaboos, like Dorohedoro and Gegege no Kitaro. At school I dress normally but I use clear file folders to hold my paperwork and they have some manga illustrations on them.

In middle or high school it's probably fine to cosplay and be a dork but in college I want people to take me seriously, and at that level it's also easier to pinpoint which people are the spergs that need to be avoided. I've seen other students in Naruto cosplay and sitting at in class with My Little Pony figures sprinkled on their desks and it's just cringe.

>>9198672
perplexitees
>>
File: 1472969078049.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472969078049.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>9198694
Thanks alot man!
>>
I was taking class over the summer and one day show up for class and a guy is wearing a full Bilbo Baggins cosplay. It was amazing quality even with a gold ring on a chain. He always dressed up for church on Wednesday so at first we weren't sure. Turns out he was going to a LOTR party right after class. We had him hide the ring before the teacher got there and we all acted like it was perfectly normal.
>>
>>9198694
>Dorohedoro merchandise
C-can you share...?
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 895x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 895x587px
>>9199378
This pic is kind of bad because it's nighttime but I buy all my stuff from MHz shop.
>>
File: image.jpg (329KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 1200x1000px
>>9199443
They also do special Halloween items every year so I'd recommend checking their site during October! I got a really cool mug a couple years ago.
>>
I don't mind wearing shirts and stuff that is either really minimalist, for things that hardly anyone would recognize, or things that tend to have and older and more mature fanbase.

If the fanbase is known for being young and/or obnoxious, it's best to avoid it or end up meeting people like >>9197174
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mrlx07CE7D1qz4rgp.gif (901KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mrlx07CE7D1qz4rgp.gif
901KB, 500x375px
>>9199443
>>9199447
Thank you so much for telling me, especially about the Halloween items! Checked out the site for a bit and didn't see anything striking to me yet so I will be definitely sure to check it again.
>>
File: bioware_fashion_01.png (728KB, 911x632px) Image search: [Google]
bioware_fashion_01.png
728KB, 911x632px
>>9197086
Honestly I think it's all up to what you're wearing and where to. T-shirts are unprofessional say at a semi-professional work place, regardless if it's a weeby one or not. I own the Tali scarf and I like wearing it as a nice accessory to my work lab. I have Yuna's silver pendant necklace that I wear a lot and get compliments for regardless of people know where its from.

I think if you can make it look semi-professional, it's not that cringey at all. My uni had a "geek week" of sorts last year and someone in my class pulled off a really cute casual Linkle that looked like a nice fall outfit to anyone who didn't know.

Definitely cringe-y to be wearing those hot topic hats or shirts in any sort of daily life setting where you're meeting professionals after early high school, but there's no reason to abandon nerdy clothes altogether.
>>
>>9199443
You have excellent taste anon. I need these shirts in my life.
>>
>>9197105
>Something where normies think nothing of it, but weebs understand
Three words: Oarai senshado jacket
>>
>>9196631
I wear merch when i actually do leave the apartment because i want to make friends with similar interests since the local cosplay community is a fucking drama mess here, i need friends outside the normal circle. Im 30, and theres nothing wrong with it. As long as youre not being vocally loud and obnoxious, i dont see the issue.

Some people be jelly they dont have the confidence to be a nerd in public, i guess.
>>
I work in the gaming industry and wear nanchatte to work. People seem to be more offended if I'm not wearing videogame/animu merch. I just want to be a cute office worker ffs.
>>
I mostly cosplay busty suit ladies, so I have some nice office-y pieces that I bought for cosplay but wear for work. The blazer I bought and adapted for my Smith cosplay is honestly the nicest one I own.
>>
>>9198660
The irony is that you probably are a Virgo now, according to NASA.
>>
>>9200289
wat?
>>
>>9200382
not that anon, but cursory google search yields

>If you were a Virgo born before mid-September, so the story goes, you are a Leo (now Aug. 10 to Sept. 16). Congratulations!
>There is a thirteenth sign, too — Ophiuchus. People born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17 are Ophiuchuses.
>[...]
>In mid-September, Cosmopolitan UK ran with the story. Reactions varied. Zodiac tattoo bearers lamented their now-obsolete tats. Ophiuchus was deemed unpronounceable. Others chose to ignore the changes and stick to the 12 signs they are used to.
from
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/26/chaos-in-the-zodiac-some-virgos-are-leos-now-but-nasa-couldnt-care-less/

and

>The Earth’s axis has also shifted in the past 3,000 years, meaning that the days used for the original zodiac no longer align with the path of the sun. As a result, approximately 86 percent of people currently identify as the wrong astrological sign.
from
https://www.inverse.com/article/21365-science-zodiac-ophiuchus-nasa
>>
>>9196595
Once a week or so I wear my Free! jacket just because my campus classes keep the AC on freezing levels and I hate rewearing the same jacket every day.

I think it's fine as long as you're not showing up in full cosplay. If your cosplay stuff doubles as everyday wear that's totally fine but stuff like Link hats? No.
>>
>>9199638
wait, is that official???
>>
File: Photo on 9-26-16 at 2.18 PM.jpg (63KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 9-26-16 at 2.18 PM.jpg
63KB, 640x426px
p subtle
>>
>>9200422
>my campus classes keep the AC on freezing levels

I fucking hate that. Nothing gets me sick faster. And it's fucking annoying having to carry around a jacket or a sweater on a hot day to wear indoors.
>>
>>9200648
It's even worse because I change rooms three times and each one is a different temperature.

Class 1: freezing cold, even long sleeves isn't enough if you're right under a vent (aka me) and it's at 9am so it's chilly outside too.
Class 2: is the air on? I'm pretty sure the air isn't on. Oh, the door just slammed shut by itself.. the air must be on.
Class 3: Alright it's a little chilly here but that's alright compared to Class 1.
>>
>>9200289
>>9200410
This Ophiuchus stuff seems to crawl out of hell at least once every year since the late 2000s. It needs to die and stay die.
>>
>>9200426
Yep. http://www.biowarestore.com/tali-pattern-infinity-scarf.html
>>
File: timecrisis3_screen004.jpg (177KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
timecrisis3_screen004.jpg
177KB, 640x448px
>>9200440
Subtle like a cow

Subtle Cosplay > Casual Cosplay
Dressed as pic related where you can wear it in normal environments and all a person who knows who you're dressed as can go 'Is he...? Nah'
>>
>>9198595
This guy gets it
>>
File: Axis was right.jpg (40KB, 596x709px) Image search: [Google]
Axis was right.jpg
40KB, 596x709px
>>9196595
I think its great, and that it must be done !
>>
File: obk-shirt.jpg (38KB, 556x350px) Image search: [Google]
obk-shirt.jpg
38KB, 556x350px
>>9200440
Amazing

Most subtle shirt I own is probably this one.
>>
I completely stopped giving a shit about hiding my power level when I started itabagging. Like, if I'm going to spend 200-300$ making these things, I'm going to wear it whenever I damn well please. Plus it just makes me happy.

I am all in favor of getting more use out of cosplay. Anthing shaped like a normal shirt, pants, or jacket is fair game. But if you're wearing more costumey aspects - such as naruto headbands or fake wings or something, then that's pretty weird. Totally fine if you're doing something weird and having fun, but be honest with yourself that it's weird.

And of course this opinion is only for situations where casual wear is the norm. Hanging out with friends, going to the movies, running errands, whatever. Not for professional situations or anywhere business casual would be appropriate.
>>
>>9196945
this is my fave kind of nerdery, something only other nerds will pick up on. when I buy merch that I intend to wear to more than just cons this is what I go for
>>
>>9201647

This. Other people can police my geekery when they pay for it.
>>
File: 1372776518004.png (159KB, 435x419px) Image search: [Google]
1372776518004.png
159KB, 435x419px
>>9197664
I WENT TO THAT SCHOOL

BACK TO THE PIT WEEEEEEEEB
>>
>>9200440
link pls
>>
>>9197664
That's pretty fun.
>>
>>9201837
>only REAL NERDS would understand
This sounds like something I'd say when I was thirteen
>>
matsu hoodie works too
>>
I like to wear my Pokemon protag skirt (Serena) sometimes because I'll be damned if I spent all that time making it and not use it. The pockets are functional too so people who don't recognize it just think it's a normal pocketed pleated skirt.

I've never had too many crazy experiences like this but I did meet someone who traded me his mew when I was out playing Pokemon GO. And met some other trainers and had an impromptu battle...Its always Pokemon GO, I swear. Gotta say though, a bunch of the Pokemon outfits are pretty casual so it's fun to run around doing errands while trying to streetpass folks or otherwise fucking around.
>>
>>9203492
>traded me his Mew
>Pokemon GO
>>
>>9196595
>Pic related. I used to see this girl everyday on my campus wearing the same Link hat + a multitude of black Nintendo T-shirts. It was as if she didn't own anything else.
>the Chinese proverb pic in the background

Quite prophetic
>>
>>9196595
The hat is a step too far, but shirts are usually fine. You can wear all the nerd shit you want, as long as it blends in. One of those Mass Effect hoodies looks like a regular hoodie to a normie. Just make sure you don't go full autist and wear fucking sailor uniforms to school. and you'll be just fine. Knew a girl who did that once, she actually had autism. Go figure.
>>
>>9197419
Bait harder
>>
>>9200023
I agree it's a confidence issue or something. I know I'm a huge nerd, if I can meet other nerds because of some clothing items that's great to me.Just make sure you still look good and not like an idiot. I think that's the issue and that can be more difficult.
>>
>>9205551
I don't think it takes much confidence to toss on a Zelda shirt desu
>>
File: 20161001_132336.jpg (4MB, 2120x2696px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_132336.jpg
4MB, 2120x2696px
>>9196951
>Also depends what you're wearing the shirt with as to how cringy other people find it
Agreed. Pic related is all my weeb (+1 gamer grl) clothing and I always make a conscious effort to look nice when I'm wearing them - even though they're mostly t shirts.

The Doug shirt has gotten the most conversation though (probably because it has words on it). On the back it says, "I am the 23%" to poke fun at how only 23% of players saved him over Carley and a guy at the grocery store thought it was something political along the lines of the top 1%. Another time I wore it to a final and the professor asked what it meant and it was kind of awkward because I had to whisper.

I also want to make Gundam's scarf since I will be needing a warm scarf this winter. The only thing that sticks out is the length and the design at the bottom so I don't think it'll be too obvious.
>>
File: 20161001_132356.jpg (4MB, 2120x2362px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_132356.jpg
4MB, 2120x2362px
>>9205739
I also wear this hoodie during the winter. I've never been stopped for this one but I really don't mind. My hair usually covers the text so to a normie it probably just looks like pills (which works because I'm studying pharmacy).

I hope I'm not coming off as cringey.
>>
>>9197037
I'm gonna need some sauce on that shirt.
>>
I wear a Terezi cape outside when it's cold. Not every day, but often. I wear it because it looks really awesome, and it's comfy. Nothing wrong with this
>>
>>9198660
Wore a vriska shirt once and my waiter assumed I was Scorpio and went on like a whole tangent about the signs, showed me his Scorpio tattoo and everything. I didn't have the balls to tell him I wasn't a Scorpio so I just went along with it the whole time.

>I deserve it for being a filthy Homestuck
>>
>>9197174
>>9197419

One time I saw an unattended pokemon model kit in our student union and asked whose it was A large autist guy came out of nowhere and grabbed me by the hair and started to pet me, told me it was his, and started talking about how Michelle Obama was brainwashing our children. His caretaker/full time nurse showed up shortly after and had to lure him off of me.
>>
>>9203997
That was a different statement. I was out playing GO but I also had my DS. I assumed it was obvious since I talked about streetpassing but I should have made it more obvious. Sorry.
>>
>>9197419
I've never understood this argument. Both men and women wear/do things so they can relate to other human beings (getting attention) in a positive manner. Now obviously anytime you put yourself out there you have a chance of getting negative attention but the fault is still on the creep for boderline stalking her. Don't try to turn it around making it seem like wearing a shirt is the real issue here, that's just childish.
>>
File: Annual Jean exhibition.jpg (146KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Annual Jean exhibition.jpg
146KB, 747x1328px
A friend of mine went to a horse show and there was a girl dressed as Annie from AoT/shingeki.

As for myself I do sometimes wear my Dredd jacket out if it's cold as balls but it just looks like a regular leather biker jacket apart from the Dredd badge stamped on one shoulder and doesn't stand out as being part of a costume.
>>
>>9211668
She also didn't go all out and shit. Looks like a normal jacket with some comfy wrapped hair. I like it. Hope she was warm.
>>
>>9197174
cool story, bro
>>
>>9211668
While an AoT shirt would not be noticeable to a normie, it's practically universally known amongst weebs, and I would never wear it because of how much weebs would judge.
I'd only wear clothing that is for lesser-known shows, or cult classics.
It's partly because when I see someone wearing an AoT jacket I immediately know I can never talk to them about anime without them spending half an hour talking about it really loud in public.
Maybe that just means I'm not weeb enough.
>>
>>9197037
I saw this really scrawny, tall, greasy guy wearing this at TwitchCon.
>>
>>9211656
Lol. Take your feminist bullshit someplace else.

I'm willing to bet she exaggerated that story, because LoZ doesn't exactly have an autistic male fanbase like that (considering at least half or more of the fanbase is female normalfags). It was probably just a slightly socially awkward kid who anon didn't find attractive so she felt violated in typical stuck-up female fashion and had to make up a false harassment story to get victim brownie points.

At least she didn't go full sjw retard and lie about rape.
>>
File: SHIRT-IMOUTO1_27.jpg (25KB, 648x580px) Image search: [Google]
SHIRT-IMOUTO1_27.jpg
25KB, 648x580px
The most I've done is wear this shirt out once, not to uni or anything. Personally find stuff like OP a little cringey, but I'd never say anything. People can wear what they want to wear.
>>
college is the time where people snort 5 different drugs and suck 10 dicks in one night. wearing cosplay to class is the tiniest blip on the 'dumb college shit' power ranking
>>
>>9197033
>How is this different?
This is a girl going on her private everyday life, not a cosplayer at a con who knows they're in a place that they'll be photographed.
>>
>>9213908
diff anon, but you're saying all that now...
If I, a fatty-chan, were to find you irl and grab hold of your junk, in public, and not let go until you either knocked me unconscious or became my sub for an evening, would that be gross, unwanted harrassment? assault?
>this works on the assumption that you think fat people are gross, a la: not even with a 10-ft pole, yadda yadda.

From the way you post, you don't seem to know what it's like to experience forceful advances from someone you don't want to be sexual with, only to go through with it to avoid being called a fag or whatever else your peers would use to attack your maleness.

I can't understand why you don't see the connection between these gendered expectations, and how they end up fucking all of us, except for the predators who profit from them.
no one should have to get with someone they don't want to. it's not about being stuck-up lol if your junk isn't ready, willing, and able for every single human out there, it's so fucking hypocritical for you to tell that anon to keep herself indiscriminately sexually available for every dude. no one is entitled to sex. you gotta work for it, in some way or another, like every other species (save for ducks, tortoises, dolphins, grizzlies...all those rapey motherfuckers).

tl;dr insert your bitter ass into anon's shoes. all your /r9k/ tier arguments have a flipside, which you didn't even know is actually endangering you.
>>
>>9205739
Sauce on the Gundam shirt? Good taste in weeb stuff anon.
>>
>>9197528
>Because it wasn't attention from someone she found attractive. Like, this is standard shallow chick behavior.

Wow. I wish people could listen to themselves talk.
1. If she didn't find him attractive that should be end of story. Does it sound like forcing people to somehow be attracted to you will work?

2. Do you give people the time of day when you think they are repugnant? If some greasy beast girl/boy who clearly didn't shower more than twice a week asked you out would you politely decline like she's a human? Or would you have trouble holding back your laughter and then tear her a new one when talking to your friends?

I have no idea why people think avoiding a dude is shallow girl behavior. No it's human behavior. People like who they like, you cannot force it.
>>
>>9197704
I've never met a single girl who does that, I don't think its as common as you think.
>>
>>9198688
>Some of my cosplay accessories are high quality and I wear them because I'm proud of the purchase/craftsmanship.

Same. I'm a really good seamstress and if part of my costume can pass for normal tier stuff I will wear it. I have a couple of jackets that you wouldn't know they were cosplay when not worn with the rest. So I wear them and they just look like nice jackets.

Honestly I have to say the people so concerned about "zomg being seen as mature" are the least mature.
Actual adults are over that shit and know they can sneak in their hobbies like >>9199638 without trouble. Furthermore actual mature people are secure enough to not be phased by people thinking they are nerdy. They embrace that shit and then point out why it's awesome.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161009-110957.jpg (673KB, 1215x1345px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161009-110957.jpg
673KB, 1215x1345px
>>9214651
Here!
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tomthechosen1/works/21898243-gundham-tanaka-sprite?p=chiffon-top&style=chiffon-top&body_color=black

Redbubble is my go-to for weeb stuff. They usually have promo codes for 15-20% off so you might want to sign up for their emails and wait for a coupon code.

And thanks! I try to avoid obvious weeb prints and just keep it subtle. I did get pic related for my birthday and absolutely love it (not sure why I didn't add it to my original picture).
http://www.redbubble.com/people/team-agp2014/works/20948352-josuke-og?p=mens-graphic-t-shirt&style=mens-graphic-t-shirt&body_color=black
>>
>>9196595
Embarassing.
Cosplay is barely even accepted at cons where it can be considered a subculture and contained, and generally looked down upon.
From an outside point of view it's a way to be an attention whore at best, and straight down autism at worst.

If you bring it out of your magical realm it's just embarassing.
>>
>>9214948
>>
>What do you think about people who wear parts of their cosplays in public on a daily basis?

I suppose at some point I'd compliment her on the hat and see if she's cool.
>>
File: aliceoliviajemmadress.jpg (86KB, 538x575px) Image search: [Google]
aliceoliviajemmadress.jpg
86KB, 538x575px
Easymode if you cosplay characters who wear normie clothes anyways. I have pic related for a Simmons cosplay and it's a fantastic dress on its own, gets tons of compliments whenever I go out in it.

I mean I'm paying more than I normally would for normie clothes to get my hands on it anyway, I might as well get as much use out of it as I can.

A lot of the Her Universe stuff looks really nice too, though that's intended to be everyday wear in the first place.
>>
>>9214619
If you wear anything ridiculous in public, you shouldn't be surprised when people take your photo.
>>
>>9197419

>Person wears t-shirt of something they like.
>Extremist fan starts borderline stalking person because wearing/having something of said memorabilia must mean they are autist levels of fan
>CGL response=LOL you deserved it because you were wanting attention

Nigga what?

I had something similar happen when buying spark plugs and wires at Autozone because supposedly that makes me "really into cars" because I like doing my own work? Fucker started going off and asking for my number/address to he could help me work on my car all the while being uncomfortably close to me.

OP didn't deserve being harassed by someone who doesn't know how to have a basic conversation with her and dominates it with his obsession of Pokemon/SSB.

What should have happened is "Hey, I like your shirt. You a big Zelda fan?" and normal convo from there.

Quit being so god damned salty. What next, you saying wearing leggings means I wanted someone to grope my ass?
>>
File: JojoShirrt.png (848KB, 843x919px) Image search: [Google]
JojoShirrt.png
848KB, 843x919px
Honestly I say let people wear what they want in public. If it's something they're comfortable in, who am I to stop them just because it's "too nerdy" or whatever. I myself draw a line at a certain point, because there's certain things I would feel embarrassed wearing (I.E: A lot of the "nerdy fashion" they have at hot topic outside of shirts). The most outlandish thing I have are jojo collage leggings, but even then I've gotten a ton of compliments on them. I do prefer the more subtle designs though, pic related is one of my favorites that I own.

>>9201599
I got this one a while back. Surprisingly no one has gotten it yet, considering I go to an art school full of weebs.
>>
As long as I don't keep the commbadge on, my Starfleet tunic (the normal one, not the admiral one) looks like a regular jacket.
>>
>>9215324
I hope you carry around multiple ipads at all times when you wear this
>>
>>9215324
nice idea
>>
Semi-related, where can I buy Small Yuuri's leopard jacket?
>>
>>9199928
>Oarai senshado jacket
W H E R E
More relevantly, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE ANYWAY?
>>
File: LINK ADULTO 01.jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
LINK ADULTO 01.jpg
104KB, 800x600px
Contributin'
>>
>>9196595

You can do whatever you want as long as you're not a fattie.
>>
i usually wear the BDU top i got for my naked snake cosplay as a jacket when i go out because my outfits are otherwise all black. i get compliments on it a lot. i feel like it's normie enough but then sometimes i get embarrassed when i dont think and happen to wear some kind of MGS related tshirt too. but most people dont make a connection.
>>
>>9214948
Wat
>>
>>9196755
go back to tumblr
>>
>>9214632
>gendered expectations
go back to tumblr with your bullshit
>>
>>9196595
How about you try to fuck her since you're taking creepshots?
>>
>>9221475
take your meds
>>
>go to NY Kinokuniya to get lunch
>top floor
> woman dresses as Ariel
>why.jpg
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.