[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime NYC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Anime NYC.png (175KB, 831x625px) Image search: [Google]
Anime NYC.png
175KB, 831x625px
Thoughts? How do y'all think this will turn out?
>>
>>9194378
I hope it goes well with all my heart but have a feeling it won't. Nyaf was one of my first cons and I still miss it
>>
File: IMG_9767.jpg (31KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9767.jpg
31KB, 443x332px
>>9194378
I'm excited and I'll probably go next year since it's right after my deployment.
>>
>>9194378
as long as the tumblr is barely existent it'll be great
>>
>>9194378
>its not reedpop organizing this
there may be hope
>>
>>9194685
OH SHIT
This is a godsend for me since I'm stuck in the middle of the city and I can't even go upstate
Do you think non-anime cosplays will be accepted there?
>>
>>9194721
> anime con
> hey guys, can I shove my non anime shit there?

I mean, you can, but why would you?
>>
I'm really happy for it, I've never been interested in NYCC but was hoping for the northeast coast to have a large-scale anime centric convention at some point.

Anime Boston doesn't count because it's a shit.
>>
>>9194728
You clearly don't know how to do AB right then
>>
>>9194728
NYCC has been getting worse each year. It's not worth it anymore imo. But I'm excited to see how this new con will go considering they are shooting for the stars first year (it being at javtis and all). It'd be nice to have another anime con within day trip for me since I'm not really feeling AnimeNext anymore after the move.
>>
>>9194754
>You clearly don't know how to do AB right then
Yeah because I'm not a hamsteak or shounen anime obsessed teenager or one of the guys attempting to bone them. Anime Boston sucks if you have a legitimate interest in the anime and manga industry.
>>
>>9194722
Honestly it's because I didn't wanna make a new cosplay. But I'll see what ideas I get up around next year!
>>
>>9194378
I think it's great that a city as large as new york finally has an anime con again. I hope that they will differentiate themselves by actually sticking to the anime theme and not going full generic fandom con as so many do.
>>
>>9194378
Checked the site out, its by the people who do the DC con Awesome Con and the president was a cofounder of nycc
>>
>>9195056
is awesome con run well?
>>
>>9195231
No idea, anyone
>>
>>9194764
is it going to be all of Javitz or in the corner like Special Edition was
>>
>>9194966
There was Liberty City Anime Con a few weeks ago
>>
>>9195356
Except that's run by that photog who sexually harassed any vagina he takes a picture of.
>>
>>9195354
i hope they clarify this before I buy any tickets. my friend was let down with that star trek convention they had a few weeks ago at the javits since it was so fucking small
>>
>>9195541
Your going to have be a little more specific than that
>>
>>9195231
Can't speak for the rest of the con but artist alley is run like trash
>>
>>9194966
Seconded. They should stick to it instead of being another cookie cutter fan run convention seemingly more about web original media and memes thriving on Tumblr and infested with underage teens. Judging the panels and what's commonly cosplayed.
At least something that's potentially anime, comics, or whatever theme you see more at industry cons.
>>9195356
Probably another generic fandom con as said.
>>9196690
*You're (You are)
>>
>>9196690
He's actually a well-known rapist in the Midwest so he's trying to keep his name far away from LCAC. Google "Ryan Kopf" and one of the first results will be a police report filed by one of the girls he raped.
>>
>>9196690
Probably Eugene Manning. He runs and sponsors Liberty city anime con.
>>
>>9199268
Looking at the liberty city facebook page they do emphasize anime related guests and events but the schedule for this year is no longer online so I can't truly judge the content.
>>
No one wants to deal with the Javitz Center, but NYC doesn't want to build a worthwhile convention center. Expect it to be as expensive as NYCC, with a surprising guest list, because JP anime/manga industry *loves* New York.
>>
>>9202985
I see no issue with what you're saying. I would pay more, I live in NYC so I clearly can pay more, as long as this con is good and lasts.
>>
>>9202444
Nah, he can't even sponsor his studios much less an entire con. He's just their lackey because he works for free
>>
>>9202985
NYC is screwed, you can't build a convention center anywhere in Manhattan and con goers are little bitches afraid to travel to the outer boroughs so any non Manhattan cons are screwed. Winter Con, Flame Con, and the rest barely get the large numbers because people are lazy asses to travel to the edges of the other boroughs for cons or if there's no train
>>
>>9202444
You mean Ryan Kopf
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 1035x359px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 1035x359px
Before anyone challenges Ryan Kopf owning Liberty City Anime Con, a quick google search proves it.
>>
>>9203067
WakuWaku barely got traffic because no one had heard of the con center before and it's right across from Manhattan.
>>
>>9203067
It's not like there's any convention centers in the outer boros.

They want to build one in Queens, but they want to raze Willet's Point to do so and destroy thousands of businesses in the process, so that's going very slowly as the little guys keep fighting back.
>>
>>9203438
That got axed a few years ago anyways didn't it? I think Cuomo was trying to push it, but there was little momentum. Someone posted a video recently though that the Port Authority was looking to take over the outside and downstairs of Javits. So now idea how NYCC will be once the bottom floors are gone and made into bus and train terminals. Panels will have to move and no more cosplays outside.
>>
>>9203478
It was one of Bloomberg's proposals - city level, not state level, but Di Blasio, despite his pretending to be progressive, is an even bigger real estate whore than Bloomy could ever be, and has kept the pressure up to destroy Willets Point.

>Someone posted a video recently though that the Port Authority was looking to take over the outside and downstairs of Javits.

Link? I find that impossible to believe - Javits Center is already too small, especially for the biggest city, and they just opened the new 7 train terminal just a block away, and Port Authority and Penn Station are both with-in walking distance.

They do run the Megabuses in and out of NYC across 34th st from Javits, but Megabus is hardly a big enough company to have that sort of pull.

The Port Authority has it's head up it's ass and does everything possible to screw over NY in favor of New Jersey, so who knows, Chris Christie might think it's a great idea.

It's a shame that Bloomberg's proposal to use some of the train yard space now getting built up to expand Javits never came to fruition, but I can't imagine them making it even smaller.
>>
>>9203179
>>9203176
>>9202097
Someone has an axe to grind. Sid you get suckered by him into thinking you were the one and when he dumped you like a used condom, you pulled the rape card to get revenge?
>>
File: jumpinjumpin.jpg (53KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jumpinjumpin.jpg
53KB, 480x360px
>>9206197
?????
>>
>>9203541
Totally forgot about this thread, so it took me a while to find. This is one of five proposed redesigns for the Port Authority apparently, so there's a 20% chance this could happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DVLqhHNU8o
>>
Fucking Good, I hope. The DC and NY scenes should be completely separate.

These people should not mix, they're fuckin nuts combined. Katsucon '10-ish is when New York/New England anime cons met with PA-VA cons and it created the biggest attention whore scene ever. Seriously, some of these girls are almost 30 but are still gut-set on that on time they were popular on cosplay.com Knowing how NorthEast Cons are run? Probably mediocre the first year, and then better for the worse years after. There's very few cons I feel that really do "fandom" a service anymore, but I think if there was a bigger NYC con, it would take the heat off the smaller regional ones. It was fun at first to just hang out with so many more fans, but Katsucon has almost turned into D*C mini with how many people are there.

IDK, maybe I'm just a con old-fag.
>>
>>9194475
Survive bruh and IF u get injured.
Hope för a cool scar
>>
>>9208582
Yeah all the fucking East Coast cosplayers and photographers are flocking down to Katsucon now, same with the Canadians
>>
I have high hopes for this con because I know people who are part of this.

What I'm not sure yet is how much of the javits they are planning to rent and how they will handle tickets but I'll find out when I have dinner with one of them soon.
>>
>>9209294
>how much of the javits they are planning to rent
this is probably the most important thing to know. I ain't wasting money if its in a fucking corner of the javits
>>
>>9194378
>Founder Greg Topalian
I met him when I went to New York Anime Fest in 09'. He really came off as a fan of anime himself and not just a someone assigned by ReedPOP to run the convention. Maybe because I ran into him more than few times while on the con floor and if he wasn't working, he was talking with attendees. Nicer moment was when he came out to talk with the people who arrived early on Friday and also handed out breakfast stuff. (Fastest way to win the hearts and minds of an con goer is through their stomach) The icing on the cake was when he allowed some fan made gundam posters to be put up for the Tomino panel even after there was a disagreement with the convention center staff over if they were allowed up.

>>9202985
>because JP anime/manga industry *loves* New York.
More like they pay top dollar or they have worked with their guest relations department before or heard nothing but praise about them. You'd be surprised how much a good reputation can get you when procuring high value guests.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.