[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RuffleCon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 59

Got your tickets yet? Entered any contests? Running any panels? Applied or accepted to model?

Guest lineup as of Sept 17: http://www.rufflecon.org/programming/guests/

Putumayo is the major brand coming so far. Japanese indie brands include Morun x Muuna Stoik, Pastel Parade, Vierge Vampur, and Triple Fortune are returning.

Western indie brands include Mossbadger, Belladonna, and Cloudberry Lady so far.

Non-lolita brands include shoemaker American Duchess and a Victorian menswear designer called Blackbird Finery. Bunny and Black are also returning.

Simplicity is sponsoring again this year (offering another Brother sewing machine for the winner of the handmade contest), and a couple wig companies (Arda included) are also sponsoring, but I don't know if this means free wigs like GLW did the first year.

Musical guests seem mostly gothic/industrial/EBM so far. And there's a couple LARPy Steampunk groups if you're into that.

Other stuff: There's a pool party in addition to the tea party, meal plans to eat at the hotel are available (doesn't say how much you'll save though), the burlesque show is returning, there will be a live string performance during the Friday soiree, and the DJ from last year is returning this year.

Schedule isn't out yet and I think more big announcements are hinted to be on the way.

Let's discuss!
>>
File: Qgs3aOY.jpg (158KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Qgs3aOY.jpg
158KB, 600x600px
Some BtB secrets from the first year (2014)
>>
File: LSGards.jpg (90KB, 417x592px) Image search: [Google]
LSGards.jpg
90KB, 417x592px
>>9189500
Sharing because that fashion show seemed to be what helped a lot of people realize the reign of OTT Classic had begun
>>
>>9189502
And some actual pics from 2015. Here is the big group photo
>>
>>9189505
Late-night kabedon with Triple Fortune
>>
>>9189507
Goofing around with Haenuli
>>
>>9189510
Someone's VIP bag haul
>>
File: tumblr_nyp1iyKvVm1qj9cg5o1_1280.jpg (158KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyp1iyKvVm1qj9cg5o1_1280.jpg
158KB, 1080x1080px
>>9189512
Kimura U
>>
>>9189516
Handmade contest entries
>>
>>9189518
Tea party
>>
I doubt any of these people lurk here but here it goes anyways,

Anyone who has vendored at Rufflecon I would really love to hear your experience. I really would like to vendor sometime in the future, maybe one or two years from now. But depending on my sales I dont think it would be too profitable in the long run. I think I could break even, but I would need the ulterior motive of just wanting to be at Rufflecon (which I do).

Overall experience, attendees number and interest in your items, and profits would be nice to hear about. Thank you!
>>
>>9189976
>I doubt any of these people lurk here
a fairly big number of Western crafters have selfposted here, so hopefully you will get your answers
>>
>>9189976
Attendence numbers are easily found on the site. Last year had somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 people. Not good. People go specifically to spend money though.
>>
>>9189976
Just my own experience from last year: the illustration and generic steampunk stalls were mostly quiet, probably because it's just weird to have a lone art vendor, and things like steampunk accessories and corsets are too widely available online to make people want to buy irl.

Clothing vendors generally seem more busy and had more variety. Accessory brands like voodoodolly and moss marchen sold well mostly because of the inner comm hype. Now everyone and their mum and dog and cat and mannequin has got their signature crowns and necklaces, I doubt accessories sales will be amazing unless someone pulls out something unseen at the event.
>>
>>9189976
I'm vending for my first time this year and very nervous about whether I'm making the right choices with my stock. I'm bringing a mix of stuff because I don't really know what to expect, leaning towards accessories because I think it'll be hard for a new indie vendor to compete with the brand goodies available in the consignment room.
>>
Is the meal plan worth it? Where does everybody go to eat otherwise?
>>
anyone else going alone? I was gonna go with my gf but she backed out on me
>>
>>9192581
Do you not know anyone else going? I'm heading out alone, but meeting up with a friend there. Plus I know for sure I have comm members going.
>>
>>9192118
the hotel had shuttle service that could take you around town, but i didn't use it. a lot of other people did. i am considering the meal plan partially for the discounted drinks.
>>
Apparently there's going to be a cardio workout panel on Sunday and the Behind the Bows dramatic reading contest is coming back. A girl in the chat box was talking about running them. I'm excited.
>>
>>9189497
What's the deal with the pool party? I haven't heard about that before. Does it need tickets too?
>>
>>9189505
how many people go to rufflecon?
>>
>>9193002
>>9193035
looking at the website might have answered your questions by now
>>
>>9192854
i hope they give free tickets to the best readers again, it was fun to see staff appreciate humor like this.
>>
>>9193035
More than who's in the picture, con organizers are just dicks and literally didn't tell 75% of the con goers that the group photo >>9189505
was happening. Only reason my friends were in it was by pure chance that they happened to be downstairs in that area.

>>9192118
You'll want a meal plan.
If not your only other options are pricey hotel food, delivery, or walking to the only two fast food options in the area. It was my main expense of the con because I didn't want to eat pleb food.

>>9192581
Don't go alone. You won't make very many friends and it's a money sink.

>>9189497
The lineup is that bad this close to the con? Yikes, glad I saved my money this year.
>>
>>9189497
>Putumayo is the major brand coming so far.

Does this mean you guys are announcing more major brands?
>>
>>9190059
Wow I had no idea so little people went to rufflecon. This is my first year attending and I'm kind of bummed now.
>>
>>9194184
The group photo was on the schedule so the organizers aren't really to blame for some people not knowing.
>>
>>9195305
600 people is pretty good imo. European events are half that or less
>>
>>9195305
I guess it depends on what you want out of a con. Big isn't always better. I had a great time last year and I'm really excited about going again. There was a lot to do and it was really easy to make friends and meet people. The vending room had some great stuff and the fashion show was excellent. I'm sure you'll have good time.
>>
>>9195305
What numbers did you expect?
>>
>>9192581
Last year there seemed to be people there by themselves. If you have an outgoing personality you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>9195320
this. also a lot of socializing happened late at night, so if you go alone don't turn in just because events are over.
>>
>>9194430
they are still announcing guests and vendors, so it's possible. hoping for Haenuli just because the designer is sweet and fun to be around. but this late, i am not sure any remaining guests will be very big.
>>
>>9195339
>>9195320
i'm feeling a bit better now, I already have my ticket. I'm looking forward to the late stuff now
>>
The schedule is live:

https://rufflecon2016.sched.org

I guess there are no more big announcements. Kind of disappointed about that, but not anout the panels. I'll probably always have something interesting to do without as much milling around as previous years. The craft panels, LARP panels, spotting a replica and some of the game shows look fun. I don't have a ticket to the extra events so I'm glad to have options!
>>
Will I be out of place if I just have basic coords and nothing OTT, no elaborate head pieces, props and what not?
>>
Is RuffleCon a hospitable place for photographers?

I would like to come up there and take photos of the congoers, but it doesn't seem to be like cosplay. Nobody is hiring photogs to shoot their coords.

Advise me, ppls.
>>
>>9201660
You're not going to make any money. People don't hire for lolita coords unless you offer something specific, like a really great location or fancy lighting setup or amazing editing. Even then, most people just want a simple outfit shot, and smartphones are fine for that.
>>
>>9201615
If you're trying to get e-famous and get 1,000+ notes on pictures of your coord on Tumblr and CoF then yes, but if you're just going to have fun hanging out with people at shopping at the con then wearing non-OTT is fine.
>>
>>9201615
lots of basic coords happen, especially by evening when people are either stripped down to basics or in straight-up pjs/kigus. and i promise that those who love simple/normal coords will appreciate anyone non-OTT.

>>9201660
they have staff photographers and press passes. you can ask about those maybe. lolitas will pay $$$ for brand and not much else.
>>
>>9192118
100% worth it. The hotel food is actually pretty good
>>
I'm thinking about entering the individual design contest this year. How was the competition last year? I'm kind of a beginner with sewing but I at least want to try. I didn't get to go to the contest last year and I went alone so I didn't see much about it.
>>
>>9201947
is it the same thing as the handmade contest? not many entries last year: >>9189518
>>
2 weeks left, yall got your coords picked out yet?
>>
>>9203611
Nope. I don't even think I can match the theme with my closet at all. I'm kind of at a loss what to wear.
>>
>>9203764
Oh shit what's the theme?
>>
>>9204160
It's "midnight garden" but most people don't dress to the theme except for the tea party
>>
>>9204186
Really? I thought I had to aim for that for entire weekend. Good to know. I guess I'm still at a loss for the tea party though.
>>
>>9204634
anything plant-related (i.e. florals) would work. what is your usual style?
>>
>>9204723
My usual style is AP sweet in jewel tones. But florals is a good idea, hopefully I have something that'll work. Might have to go with a solid dress accessorized.
>>
>first time at rufflecon from out of state
Is it possible to know how large the panels are that have limited attendence and where you are on the waitlist? Does rufflecon check people in or is it still possible to attend if people don't show up?
Also do you have to show up with cash for the events that require payment for materials?
>>
Any stonerlolis want to have a 420 meetup at the con?
>>
>>9204732
Just show up a little early and wait on line. Once the panel room is at max capacity they will usually close the doors or just tell people it's full so there's definitely a chance you can get in.
>>
>>9204732
They don't maintain a waitlist, if you say "going" on their online schedule thing it isn't a reserved spot or anything, but you can see if a lot of people are interested and can judge if you want to line up early to try and secure a seat. bring cash at the door for panels with extra fees. be a baller and bring exact change
>>
>>9206095
>>9206693
Thanks anons. I thought I had been too late, good to know I still have a chance.
>>
>>9206087
I'd totally be up for that, but do we have to be in cord?
>>
10 days left... what's everyone wearing?
I'm only going Saturday because of my work/class schedule so to make up for it I'm letting myself go ham in the consignment room. Going to be wearing Enchanted Fairy Tales in green so if anyone sees me feel free to say hi!
>>
>>9207780
I'll be attending all four days and wearing La Robe Vert Clair Saturday (because can't into this theme) and Btssb Claudia (Snow White OP) for the teaparty Sunday.

Also feel free to say hi, my close lolita friend wasn't able to make it so I'll be either lone lolita or chilling with a few of my comm members.
>>
>>9207780
I'm only going Saturday as well! I'm planning on wearing AP's Rose Last Note OP.
>>
>>9189505
I'm sorry but half of these coords are terrible. I felt bad about missing out last year but now I'm glad I wasn't surrounded by uggos.
>>
Looking at the schedule, and it seems like an interesting con. Might decide to go next year.
>>
>>9195305
I gotta agree with the other anon - what kind of numbers were you expecting? This is only the 3rd (4th?) year, and on top of that its for a much more niche audience than something like anime or comics. Really only the people who are super into the fashion go, and the majority of attendees are people traveling from around the country as there obviously isn't as much hype from within Connecticut. They seem to be growing at a steady pace although I'd probably guess it will level off at some point; the fashion is niche enough where I doubt it would become huge unless they tried to expand it to multiple alternative fashions (although I'd rather not have the con overrun by steampunk people and the like)
>>
>>9189505
holy shit the one in the fluffy red wig looks like an ita vanessa ives kek
>>
>>9210043
anon where have you been? They've ALWAYS catered to other alternative fashions. Steampunk guests have been there since the first year. hell they had Rasputina perform last year. as a fellow lolita i get very confused by everyone's inability to read just because the lolita community has swarmed the con. its too bad their goth guests dropped every year

>inb4 the name rufflecon, i get it, ruffle is the name. not sure what they were thinking and not my problem
>>
>>9210895
What goth guest dropped last year? I remember the Gothic charm school lady didn't show year 1
>>
>>9210895
I know that but I whole thing is primarily marketed to lolitas, and it's all very heavily lolita focused. Other fashions are welcome, and they do bring steampunk guests in, but it's pretty obvious who the attention is on.
>>
>>9211225
I think in goth we trust? I wanted to go to their vampire fashion panel....
>>
File: 1463130997777.jpg (83KB, 661x595px) Image search: [Google]
1463130997777.jpg
83KB, 661x595px
>mfw still not ready

October happened so fast
>>
>>9216554
Seriously. All of a sudden I realized it was only 2 weeks away and that I wasn't ready at all and now here I am with a few days to go.

Whatever though; I'm gonna try not to stress out too much over perfect coords and I'm just gonna try my best and just come and have fun with my friends and meeting new people.
>>
>>9216554
>>9216731
RREEEEEEE
>>
>>9216731
This. Forget the coord contest, I'm going to have fun.
>>
So of the people who have been to Rufflecon, does anyone know where they have decent sized mirrors? Like in bathrooms or even in hallways? I'm sharing a room and I don't imagine it'll be easy getting ready in the morning and I'm curious if I can put the last few pieces on somewhere else.
>>
>>9217604
bathroom mirrors and lighting are godly
>>
>>9217604
This is my first year going but I saw the pics from a friend who went and it seems like some of the bathrooms have nice big full-length mirrors. Definitely gonna take advantage for coord pics.

Any panels or events you guys are excited about? There's a lot of interesting panels I'd like to go to but off the top of my head, Mr. Yan's Next Top Waifu sounds like it'll be fun.
>>
File: Final-Map-w-PIRATES-581x600.jpg (49KB, 581x600px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Map-w-PIRATES-581x600.jpg
49KB, 581x600px
they put up everyone who will be in the dealers room
rufflecon.org/marketplace/
>>
>>9217983
>>9218091
Good to hear, thank you anons!

>>9218091
I'm interested in all of the advanced craft panels. It's not something I ever see where I live so I'm hoping I can get a seat.
>>
How is everyone's packing going?

So far I've got 3 out of a total of 5 or 6 coords put together. I still need to iron some things, pack up my makeup and toiletries, style some wigs, shave my legs, paint my nails, and get everything loaded into the car.

I've learned my lesson about how much it sucks to walk around a con all day in high heels so I'm packing a pair of "backup" flats for all the coords I'm going to wear during the day. I'm also meticulously documenting everything on the checklist I downloaded from the Rufflecon website so I can make sure I won't loose anything.
>>
>>9219460
I was pretty much done packing by Sunday, I tend to pack early since I always forget things. By packing up early I have time to remember those forgotten items. Speaking of I just remembered one last thing I forgot that I'm going to go throw in...
>>
>>9219460
I'm washing like a week of dishes T_T
>>
>>9219460
i don't even know what i'm bringing
>>
File: 1364060156565.jpg (86KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
1364060156565.jpg
86KB, 280x373px
>>9219725
>>
>>9219749
fukken saved
>>
RC Day 0. Who's getting in tonight? Doing anything besides pre-reg?
>>
>>9219460
Packed last night. I'm so worried I'm forgetting something. I had no time to style my wig either (and I'm flying) so here's to hoping I have time for that. Luckily I fly in later today...

>>9220023
What else is there to do Thursday? Maybe explore the venue before everyone arrives.
>>
Vicariously following this thread for event reports. Please post lots, attendees!
>>
>>9220057
Same! I can't go this year so let me live through all of you.
Please post all dem 3F kabedon stories.
>>
>>9220114
I don't get the appeal of kabedon, especially with 3F. They look like middle aged lesbians with Dragon Ball Z hair. What's kawaii about that invading your personal space?
>>
>>9220243
>they look like middle aged lesbians
Which works perfectly for me because I'm nearly a middle aged lesbian.
>>
>>9220243
More time for me with them then :^)
>>
File: 1455646876351.png (605KB, 697x699px) Image search: [Google]
1455646876351.png
605KB, 697x699px
>arrive
>hide
>tfw conventions are a social thing
>>
File: BTSSB.png (1MB, 1079x1088px) Image search: [Google]
BTSSB.png
1MB, 1079x1088px
I'm so fucking salty I can't make it. My comm makes this con seem like a blast meanwhile I'm sitting here studying virology for midterms.
>>
>>9220243
Same. I love androgynous looking women and don't mind being sub in the sack, but I can't into the idea of someone being in my personal space like that. idk mayne.

>>9220760
Welp. I hope you manage to make at least one friend. Are you a going to the con solo?
>>
I'm running the cocktail workshop and as circumstances have it, I have a shitload of extra booze (but no paring knife for limes!! Please help!), and it's Thursday night and I'm from the west coast. If anyone wants to party down in my room, in a chill and highly kawaii fashion, post here and I can post my room number. I came alone so my room can pretty much be a fun zone for fun havers.
>>
I was thinking of day-tripping to this, but I checked the website this morning and it's talking about having to buy a membership first or something?

Give it to me straight, can I show up Saturday and buy a one day badge at the door?
>>
>>9220114
I live for this shit!
>>
>>9221222
You should be able to buy one day of
>>
>>9220114
>>9220243
>>9220831

>3F kabedon

I googled that, and the few results I get all point me to /cgl/, mostly to this thread.

Could someone please explain what it is?
>>
whats the deal with the deluxe triple fortune ticket? it says you are supposed to present it in the market place but they told me to wait for the tea party
>>
>>9221613
From what I've heard there was a problem with shipping and the plane they were on so the items were delayed arriving.
>>
Nosedived over budget buying a VDD hat and got the last bright gold MM necklace. Who else had a good shopping day?
>>
>>9220880
if this offer will still stand tonight i may follow up w you
>>
>>9221222
yes you can show up and buy day of
>>
File: uhhokay.jpg (68KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
uhhokay.jpg
68KB, 960x643px
>>9221347
>3F = Triple Fortune
>Kabedon = pic related

iirc, this was from last year's Rufflecon? I've honestly never been.
>>
Man, I haven't done improv or any stage performance in a long time, but now I'm playing around with the idea of doing a short-form improv show while in lolita for Rufflecon if I go next year.

>>9221785
Not going, but please do share pics when you can!
>>
>>9221825
Still stands, room is 905!
>>
>>9221844
do it gull
>>
being here alone and under 21 sucks
>>
>>9221841
Oh my, that looks enticing.

Are guys allowed to join and pose?
>>
playing Cards Against Lolitas at xyzzy.gulls.co
>>
>>9221975
note: add "Tasty as fuck" to deck in a grammatically good way
>>
>>9221891
we playing Cards against Lolitas without booze on the Mezzanine level, Shippan roon

and in person
>>
>>9221997
also rosette reference
>>
Mr. Yan Waifu panel was fun af
>>
6th floor of the hotel - which one of you bitches is having sex?
>>
>>9222068
describe?
>>
>>9222068
No it wasn't it was dumb af and cringey.
>>
>>9222101
Anon why did you spend a minimum of $90 to just funnel sand into your abused rectum for a weekend
>>
File: image.png (361KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
361KB, 512x512px
>>9222101
>>
>>9222116
>Spending a minimum of $90 to just funnel sand into your abused rectum for a weekend.
adding this to the hypothetical in-progress RuffleCon Against Humanity deck that i will 100% physically print for the once-a-year occasion

sorry for bailing, anons who played! we had a lot of fun with you guys and did dramatic readings of the cards people played. the chat did not work for everyone but the reactions were great. let's play again soon
>>
>>9222141
>let's play again soon

How about tonight?

>>9221845
Also how about tonight?
>>
>>9222445
seconding! Hopefully after 7 because I have work until then.
>>
>>9222462
Ditto. I'm thinking of just driving up tonight and hanging out. My daytrip plans might be spoiled, but that doesn't mean I can't do a nighttrip.
>>
Sitting on the train heading to the con! Anyone there want to report on the stock in the marketplace and the consignment room, or did you bitches clear it out already?
>>
No photos yet? I want to see the 3F space. One day a frilly bonnet of theirs will be mine.
>>
>>9222501
There is still a shittload of stuff in the consignment shop.
>>
>>9222445
Still good, still got too much booze. Please stop by!
>>
>>9222704
going to a stranger's room is scary doe
>>
>>9223195
It seems a lot less scary after a few drinks.

Besides, if you can't trust Anonymous, who can you trust?
>>
>>9223195
I'm not there right now, I'm in the lobby!
>>
pics when?
>>
>>9223592
I have someone I met at a con who friended me on FB who's posting shit but I don't know if I should dump it or not
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145714.jpg (167KB, 1043x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145714.jpg
167KB, 1043x1564px
>>9223704
Nvm I found some shit on twitter I'll dump it here
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145716.jpg (186KB, 1043x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145716.jpg
186KB, 1043x1564px
>>9223706
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145718.jpg (232KB, 1563x1043px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145718.jpg
232KB, 1563x1043px
>>9223707
These were from the Putumayo fashion show
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145724.jpg (145KB, 810x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145724.jpg
145KB, 810x1440px
>>9223708
Outfit shots
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145733.jpg (217KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145733.jpg
217KB, 1152x2048px
>>9223709
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145858.jpg (385KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145858.jpg
385KB, 1536x2048px
>>9223707
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145916.jpg (410KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145916.jpg
410KB, 2048x1536px
>>9223715
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145922.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145922.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>9223716
>>
>>9223711
Anyone know what dress this is? I really like the print
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145912.jpg (317KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145912.jpg
317KB, 1536x2048px
>>9223719
If anyone wants to go through the instagram tags I'm sure there's plenty on there as well
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145813.jpg (583KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145813.jpg
583KB, 2048x1536px
>>9223721
>>
File: IMG_20161016_145816.jpg (886KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_145816.jpg
886KB, 2048x1536px
>>9223724
>>
>>9223726
I'll do a mini tumblr dump now

>the guy in the elevator
Topkek
>>
File: runway undies no.jpg (41KB, 485x481px) Image search: [Google]
runway undies no.jpg
41KB, 485x481px
>>
>>9223730
>>
>>9223734
The fuck
>>
>>9223735
>>
>>9223736
>>
>>9223738
>>
>>9223740
>>
>>9223735
I'm not sure I understand what I'm seeing.
>>
I LOVED rufflecon this year and I had a fun time, and the convention staff were great. However, did anyone else think the sheraton staff were incompetent and at times, unpleasant? My friends and I had issues with them being unhelpful when we were having trouble checking in Thursday night, and I heard that at the tea party the hotel staff were not helpful whatsoever when a girl said she had a dietary restriction.
>>
File: 1474241521448.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1474241521448.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>9223730
>going to rufflecon in a shitty Amazon seifuku
>>
>>9224024
the hotel and it's staff were terrible. we dealt rude employees all weekend and know of 5 instances where people had to be given new rooms because of mold issues.
>>
>>9224024
I had a dietary restriction, they gave me a card and the hotel took care of it just fine. What was her problem?
>>
File: wut.jpg (29KB, 464x540px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
29KB, 464x540px
>>9189505
>>
met a lot of seagulls, thanks for being you and helping keep this place habitable. it is good to be reminded that my time here is not a waste and that intelligent and chill seagulls really are on the other side of the screen.
>>
https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/rufflecon
>>
>>9224517
This has stuff from last year though. It's not all that helpful since the new stuff will have less notes.
>>
Did anyone see the post on the Rufflecon discussion page about the Yelp review with the mold? Gross.
>>
>>9224609
Yeah apparently a lot of rooms had mold. Mine didn't luckily but almost everyone else I spoke to got sick from it.
>>
>>9224585
Sort by recent instead of popular baka
>>
What's the chance of a change of venues for next year? The mold issues are so worrisome.
>>
>>9224609
>>9224633
I didn't hear about it until after but EW. I guess we were lucky, it didn't affect anyone in my room. I don't know if we had any in hours, I never looked up in the corners behind the curtains. I hope they do something about it before next year.
>>
Going back to work after rufflecon is the worst. Did any of you guys love an outfit in the designer contest? I didn't see anything that was to great but the turn out was better thn last year
>>
>>9224024
I also had a poor experience with the staff, specifically with the restaurant staff. They were really inattentive. I had meal tickets, so service wasn't a problem for me, but it was for my friends when I ate breakfast with them. The staff was just really incompetent. Long wait times for the check, not checking on tables, no refills on coffees/hot waters for teas. We also witnessed the staff bus and give away a table which had been occupied by four people who were up at the buffet getting their breakfast and were quite obviously planning on returning to their table to eat. It was just crazy disorderly. Not to mention the line for omelets and other made to order breakfast items was ridiculous.
>>
>>9224755
Yeah, I tried asking one guy for a beverage and he walked right past me without acknowledging that he heard me, so I said "excuse me" louder and he turned around and told me that he was getting me the water. It was a little confusing that they were so rude, I think, because the bartenders were understandably stressed and swamped (and they still managed to be decent!) but it's not like the buffet was very, very full most the time or anything.
>>
>>9224755
>>9224804
I also felt the buffet staff were very inattentive. Also, the attendees didn't seem to be the only people who had problems - on Sunday some normies were there getting breakfast at the same time I was and I remember a woman had to keep getting up and walking around the place to flag down staff for stuff. She was also trying to get a waffle and had to ask a waiter at least 3 times to find the guy who makes them so he could come back out and make them for her and her friend. Similar to you guys I also had a hard time trying to find people to do things like refill water although I feel like the dinner staff was a bit better - I had one server (Charlie? He had the long dirty blonde hair tied back) who actually did regularly come to my table to refill our water, ask if we wanted drinks, etc. Actually, at dinner when I was paying the bill for drinks we ordered I listened to a manager come over and tell the servers to make sure they serviced us. I have no idea if this means it was a management problem and management wasn't telling them to be attentive enough, or if the waitstaff just didn't bother paying attention. But to be honest, I think the hotel staff issues seemed like managerial issues. When my friends and I had trouble checking in, the managers didn't help much. It wasn't until another worker stepped in with a solution (one that we asked the manager about) that we actually got our problem solved.
>>
>>9224637
They're definitely not changing the venue. The execs are just ~enamored~ with the current venue.
>>
>>9224922
That's not what the con head said on the Rufflechat post.
>>
If you want to actually see shit get done re the issues with the venue, especially if your room or your friends room had confirmed mold problems, send info including names and dates in an email on ruffle con's website. They aren't going to see bitching on Facebook or here, and if you fill out the survey without your name on it, they cant use "well my friend Betty said she got sick" as proof, only first hand accounts with solid info.
>>
>>9224987
"Hi all, con chair here. First, thanks for bringing this up somewhere. Luckily I happened to be in this group and can see it, but for sure, anyone who had a specific problem with the hotel, be sure to send us through our website or feedback form your name, your hotel room number, and any names of hotel staff you had issues with. The more specific I can be with the hotel, the harder it will be for the hotel managers to try to talk their way out of it.

Also, I'm very sorry that the issues extended to attendees. We also had several issues occur to our con staff from last minute thousand dollar charges for things we did the year before to hotel room issues (giving a group of five a king bed instead of the double and cot we requested), etc.

Technically we are contracted for next year, but the more you send me, with specifics, the better chance I can get out of it to get us into a new venue.

Thanks again for bringing it up, and also thank you so much for not holding hotel issues against our very dedicated volunteer con staff. They worked very hard this year and things like hotel room conditions are out of our hands. We pay them for a certain level of service, so when they drop the ball on that, all we can do is make sure our members are safe and talk with our wallet.

I love you guys and promise I will try my best to get you a better location. Just need as much specifics (names, hotel rooms, problem areas, etc.) as possible! Help me help you! Thanks guys. "

They did reply back on Facebook, but yes include as much information about the problem hotel staff and photos of the mold in the hotel.
>>
>>9223735
I think she was an alt fashion makeup artist who was just wearing whatever she felt like? Not supposed to be lolita or lolita related at all.
>>
>>9224029
This was probably an evening photo. A lot of people wore lolita or more extravagant things and then changed into cutesy whatever or kigus for drinking at night.
>>
>>9225026
Yeah, her and Toshi were doing makeup for the fashion show. It probably would have been really uncomfortable for her to wear lolita while doing that.
>>
>>9225029
I don't think that girl or Toshi normally wear lolita but I saw Toshi wearing old school meta. Would probably get posted to an ita thread by people who don't know Toshi but I thought she looked really cute and made it work for her own style. Fwiw I saw them both around a lot and thought they always looked adorable.
>>
>>9224635
>as if that's possible on mobile browser
>>
>>9225110
>using tumblr mobile
>>
>>9225110
The option does exist though?
>>
>>9225086
Yeah, I saw them running around and they looked cute the whole time! They were also really nice, complimented me on my makeup even though it was only daiso stickers lol
>>
>>9225151
No, its not available anon. There's no option in browser.
>>
>>9224922
I think the con head said on Rufflechat they already have a contract for next year, but if they can get enough specifics about issues they will either try to get out of the contract or make sure the hotel addresses the issues.
>>
I've gone all three years. I'm done and here's why.

Forgetting the staff is all volunteers and only Christina is making anything, both her and Carol have nasty attitudes. I've seen volunteers cry every year from them both. It's not that hard to reach out to these brands, they've used every volunteer's contact to reach out. I'm all for supporting a Lolita con and I have low expectations but with them causing tears and watching other volunteers clean up the mess after every time is unacceptable. You might ask why don't I make a con myself? I don't want to, I want to attend something. Whenever I see Christina around, it's pretty clear the volunteers have high tension.

TL:DR Been there 3 years, horrible to volunteers. Not showing BC of grubby behavior. Rather go to someone else's lolita con.
>>
>>9226345
so glad someone finally said something. There's a reason why each year has different "staff" (volunteers).
I've gone two years in a row now, but I'm done.
Neither of them know what they're doing, either. There were like 3 or 4 people in the indie panel because no one knew it was a Vierge Vampur and Pastel Parade panel.
Gotta make more room for all their creepy pirate friends I guess.
>>
As someone that was a vendor, the con really wasn't set up in our favor. It was pretty dead most of the time because of the small attendance and events like the fashion show going on at the same time. Lolita collective also mentioned not wanting to come back so I imagine I'm not the only one that had issues with how stufd was handled.
>>
>>9226345
Have you ever thought that maybe staff cry because they work so hard to please you and then you do nothing but complain about everything?
>>
>>9226493
My feedback will include mention of the slow traffic. I think the cost of vending is not proportionate to the number of attendees.

I will definitely be going back because my experience was good. But it could have been better; hopefully feedback will help.
>>
>>9226501
No. It was clear that Christina was yelling at volunteers. Yes, attendees would upset volunteers too, but the owners clearly called out volunteers to pick on. You arguing shows you are in the favored club or are running it and it doesn't address what went on each year.

I have my presumptions on why they do it, but that's more accusatory then the facts.
>>
>>9226758
making accusations anonymously doesn't help your case. if you personally know someone who was picked on, and really want to help protect others, you need evidence or at least be willing to make these statements off anon.

if the issue is real then coming forward publicly is the ethical thing to do.
>>
>>9226773
It's the choice of the girls who were yelled at to come forward. I witnessed it every year and it would be unethical for me to call out victims of abuse and other witnesses who cleaned up the messes afterwards. My choice is to not support it and not go, which is what I'm doing. If you don't like the facts, it's your choice to ignore them, but this is what is happening.
>>
>>9226785
>Stepping in to help "victims of abuse' would be unethical

Really not understanding your view here. If you think someone is being abused or bullied, you don't think it is the right thing to stand up for them?
>>
>>9189505
What dress is the rainbow one on the far left?
>>
>>9226839
Little Prince by Haenuli
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (330KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
330KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226785
>facts
no, just allegations on a notoriously troll-filled board, from someone unwilling to identify themselves.

someone tried to spread a rumor that RuffleCon staff was having the Leighs as a guest this year, so we already have instances of the con being the target of trolling on /cgl/, and no real reason to hold your story credible.

anyway here's some more photos from this year that were shared to the FB group recently: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ssjgtq0ljtgjer/AADt5-EAzjtyHEbA4Xlko5JPa?dl=0

posting random cute coords, there seemed a nice balance of daily lolita versus OTT this year
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (304KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
304KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226970
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (310KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
310KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226973
>>
File: unspecified (1).jpg (241KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (1).jpg
241KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226976
>>
File: unspecified (2).jpg (225KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (2).jpg
225KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226977
>>
File: unspecified (3).jpg (225KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (3).jpg
225KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226980
>>
File: unspecified (4).jpg (244KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (4).jpg
244KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226982
>>
File: unspecified (5).jpg (234KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (5).jpg
234KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226984
>>
File: unspecified (6).jpg (216KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (6).jpg
216KB, 1367x2048px
>>9226986
>>
>>9225523
You gotta use the app
>>
>>9226345
Which one is carol?
>>
>>9228089
fyeahlolita
>>
>>9226345
Caro wasn't even on staff this year and was only at the con for a couple hours, so I'm not sure how you've seen her make volunteers cry every year. Save your wrath for Christina.
>>
Does anyone know what the VIP and Deluxe got in their gift bags? Hopefully it was better than last year.
>>
>>9228224
>Caro wasn't even on staff this year and was only at the con for a couple hours, so I'm not sure how you've seen her make volunteers cry every year.
because vendetta-chans gonna vendetta. if vendetta-anon puts her name and face to her claims there would be reason to take her seriously, but spewing bullshit that can't even be true on top of refusing to show her own identity makes her a troll.

sage for even entertaining this half-assed attempt at stirring drama.
>>
>>9228330
i heard deluxe got a nice enamel pin and premium got a shoddily-made rosette. someone i know was happy with her premium pass except for that.

did arda deliver on giving anything to attendees? there was supposed to be a surprise from them but i don't remember anything happening.
>>
>>9228339
They had one $75 store credit to give away in the tea party. It was underwhelming.
>>
>>9228339
Weird, I saw people had really nice Moss Badger ones from the bags. Was there a Rufflecon rosette too?
>>
>>9228330
One of my room mates had deluxe and she got an enamel pin, tea, perfume, a mossbadger brooch, belladonna wristcuffs, discount coupons for some of the vendors, tickets for breakfast at the hotel, stickers, and some other little trinkets I can't remember. I feel like maybe one of the best parts to deluxe was the access to guest panels and early access to the marketplace, and the early seating for the fashion show and the tea party. She got a front row seat for the fashion show.
>>
So I'm just a passing breeze putting this out there

>A large chunk of lolitas are introverts who have people problems.
>introverts with people problems are running a con the best they can

>everyone just expects a 3rd year con to be perfect including the poor fucks who run it
>The squeakiest weal will get the grease.
>it is not perfect, but seriously if you have input just use the fucking contact form or volunteer next year?
>all parties may be crying. Please build a bridge and get over it they are doing it for themselves as well as for you

??????

>Rufflecon

Please give the imperfect thing your money so that these sick fucks can continue to do everything in there power to cobble together one place for a very, very specific kind of person to be imperfect fucks together.

You can give an imperfect thing your money in the quest for it to become perfect, it is ok.
It is ok if you don't want to give an imperfect thing your money. Just please understand that the imperfect thing needs money to get closer to being a perfect thing?
>>
>>9229579
Except that it becomes more imperfect each year as they take all that lolita money and continue to piss all over their lolita content in order to give more perks to the steampunk friends and minor goth bands that nobody is paying to see?
>>
>>9229590
Sorry but have you actually been to Rufflecon? There are steampunk guests but they're pretty much irrelevant and do not take up as much resources as you think they do. And if you really don't like them - contact Rufflecon in a feedback form and tell them? At a minimum those guests are only asked because a. people say they like them and want to see them again and b. as a freaking 3rd year con, they're probably the only type of guests of that nature (in terms of musical/entertainment groups) that they can get.
>>
>>9229600
Have you? They give the steampunk pirate and goth bands priority placement in terms of panel times etc. some of them are nice, but many are borderline creepy and rapey.

"Give them a chance" is what everyone on staff are saying.

You don't have to give someone who demands money for a mediocre event with shit hotel food and mold in their rooms a chance. Stop getting buttmad over attendees discussing valid concerns.

I was a vendor and I won't even go into how poorly I was treated. There's a reason Lolita Collective aren't returning.
>>
>>9229627
As another vendor, please let ruffle con know your experience? Use a feedback form or e-mail them directly?

going "I was a vendor and I won't even go into how poorly I was treated" on anon does not help anyone?
>>
>>9229627
Yeah, I have, and that's BS. I'm not doubting that you had issues but they don't prioritize them the way you're saying they do. The only reason they bring those people back or guests like it because not enough people tell them that they don't care about them. They think it's just a fraction of salty attendees.
>>
>>9229633
They had the feedback panel last year and just shat on every suggestion or criticism given by repeating the same mistakes.
>>
>>9229637
I have a feeling that may be because the marketplace manager changed and maybe the specific feedback you are talking about just did not get to the new one?
>>
>>9229627
>creepy and rapey

In what way? which ones are you referring to?

I'm a lolita and I really enjoyed the steampunk pirate panel the first year, I haven't been to any of them since because I've just been busy with other things.

I was really frustrated that they got rid of karaoke which was by far the best time of the night. I got the impression that they canceled it because of the noise and the open drinking but I felt like they could've put karaoke in the ballroom and cut down on the number of bands and acts that no one watched.
>>
>>9229633
I've provided them with detailed feedback each time now. There is always a feedback panel, and I email them when I arrive home.

I don't understand why you're telling me that sharing my dissatisfaction doesn't help anyone. I'm sharing my (bad) experience so other vendors and attendees who also had bad experiences can know that they're not being overly sensitive or whiny. Especially since so many staff jump on these threads (here and elsewhere) to whiteknight what is in reality a very poorly run event.

>>9229634
MANY people begged them to stop bringing crappy music guests or the weird random guests. Many people are complaining in this thread. I'm not sure what you get out of claiming that many of us have not complained.

Either way, this was my last Rufflecon. The organizers lack the skillset to run the event well.
>>
>>9228333
Me again (not the vendor) My focus was on Christina in most of the posts. When I say they make them cry every year, it's not like they gang up together or I walk behind them and hold their hands. It's the only overgeneralization but yes, the focus is Christina and it's without fail. She makes people cry.

Also you are using tactics of an abuser like Donald Trump. You have picked apart my argument to find "logic flaws" based off what I've witnessed. When I address it, you still have yet to directly answer what I said. You've green texted what I've said to say something different, again without addressing what I've said. You've changed the subject and posted photos to cover it all up, still not addressing anything. Just saying 'no'. And after time away because I said I'm not going regardless of change or not, you pick at what I'm saying more to try to empower yourself. Normally I like looking at photos or talking about lolita, it's icing on the cake. But you've made it more like mold on a muffin.
>>
File: Cuw8D7bWYAE98EW.jpg (231KB, 876x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cuw8D7bWYAE98EW.jpg
231KB, 876x1200px
photos from Twitter
>>
File: Cu8Z_9ZXYAAsdXJ.jpg (211KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu8Z_9ZXYAAsdXJ.jpg
211KB, 900x1200px
>>9230051
>>
File: Cu2MWRNWEAADB6W.jpg (149KB, 717x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu2MWRNWEAADB6W.jpg
149KB, 717x1200px
>>9230052
>>
File: Cuwn9QKXgAEWbTJ.jpg (304KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cuwn9QKXgAEWbTJ.jpg
304KB, 1200x1200px
>>9230054
>>
File: CvD-_WGWcAAZV6b.jpg (139KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CvD-_WGWcAAZV6b.jpg
139KB, 900x1200px
>>9230059
>>
File: CvByRYLUMAAbEwd.jpg (215KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
CvByRYLUMAAbEwd.jpg
215KB, 1200x801px
>>9230061
>>
File: CvCRUFkWIAEGibe.jpg (170KB, 925x1156px) Image search: [Google]
CvCRUFkWIAEGibe.jpg
170KB, 925x1156px
>>9230062
>>
File: Cu6eN50UMAAQW40.jpg (220KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu6eN50UMAAQW40.jpg
220KB, 1200x1200px
>>9230063
>>
File: Cu1LSKIWIAAu8sA.jpg (183KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu1LSKIWIAAu8sA.jpg
183KB, 1200x1200px
>>9230065
>>
File: CuyITerWEAAAGQW.jpg (123KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CuyITerWEAAAGQW.jpg
123KB, 819x1024px
>>9230067
how was the 3F fan interaction this year?
>>
>>9229983
I like how they totally ignored you and just posted more pictures lol

We see you Christina and senpai.

We see you.
>>
>>9230083
take yer meds, paranoia-chan
>>
>>9230069
The con was actively trying to keep people from interacting with them or getting their pictures with them unless they were VIPs/bought something from their booth. They didn't allow them to take pictures with each tea party guest this time either, but 3F went and did a short selfie video with each table anyway.
>>
>>9230097
From what I've heard from a friend on staff the needing to buy something from their booth was actually a new policy 3F put in place themselves. Also if you went to the general Q&A Panel they took photos with everyone afterwards.
>>
>>9230083
It just proves that rufflecon is run by shady people.
>>
>>9229736
>acting like complaining in this thread means shit
>>
>>9230097
>3F went and did a short selfie video with each table anyway.
i don't wear their brand or like their music, but this kind of thing makes me a fan.

>>9230099
>needing to buy something from their booth was actually a new policy 3F put in place themselves. Also if you went to the general Q&A Panel they took photos with everyone afterwards.
i can see that, given how mobs would form around them before. i have the damnedest time trying to figure out if guests and designers are enjoying the attention or just being polite. (or conversely, if they want more interaction but aren't sure what they're allowed to do at the con.) either way, it would be reassuring to have statements directly from the guests about their limits/accessibility.
>>
>>9230113
>>acting like complaining in this thread means shit
Where else can I safely talk about how one of the indie brands I modeled for this year invited me up to their room for a sketchy "private fitting" that staff members tried to pressure me to go to (and no, my friends weren't allowed to come with me)? /cgl/ is literally the only place I can register a complaint without compromising my public image.
>>
>>9230122
My name is John. I run animé Mitsui. Want to come to my room? I tell jokes.
>>
My RuffleCon Nightmare--the stuff staff WON'T want you to read!

>bought Premium pass, but it was refunded because they "oversold"
>didn't even offer me a Deluxe in compensation
>placed on the 9th floor of the hotel, despite stating I need accommodations for my disability
>room had mold, bedbugs, and the soap on the sink was clearly used
>took all Thursday night to get a new room
>my friend who was a vendor wasn't allowed in the Marketplace to set up until an hour before it opened for the VIPs
>she was literally in tears because her stall wasn't ready in time and her sales suffered
>another of my friends volunteered and was groped "by accident" by the pirate guests
>her supervisor told her to stop being dramatic and she was repeatedly assigned tasks with the man who groped her
>my must-see panel was standing room only and it was obvious someone there was on her period and needed to change her stanky pad
>combined with the heat from everyone standing in the room past capacity, at least one girl had to run out of the room to vomit
>the only good lighting was in the bathrooms so people taking selfies heard her vomiting and nobody offered to help or asked if she was okay
>when I got dinner at the hotel restaurant, they ignored my dietary restrictions and I had to send the dish back four times
>I was barely holding back tears at this point
>my volunteer friend snuck me something but got yelled at for leaving the hotel grounds
>my vendor friend was DEMANDED to start closing her stall thirty minutes before the Marketplace even closed
>needless to say, she didn't make back the cost of the table

And that was just Thursday-Friday. Should I continue?
>>
>>9230131
>>combined with the heat from everyone standing in the room past capacity, at least one girl had to run out of the room to vomit
>>the only good lighting was in the bathrooms so people taking selfies heard her vomiting and nobody offered to help or asked if she was okay

Is this a thing that people actually do? She's throwing up, obviously she's not okay. Do you need to ask?

I don't know about the average person but when I'm heaving up the contents of my stomach I don't exactly enjoy people bothering me.
>>
I was one of the fortunate ones who didn't have a moldy room. Lol, "mold on muffin" but apparently lawyers love mold cases. It cost nothing to go after the venue in court despite what people think. I urge you, if you had mold, to speak to lawyers especially if you saw a doctor. Depending on what it is, rufflecon might be liable too.

It's disgusting after receiving complaints to refuse moving the venue. That would make them aware of the mold and if it were to happen again that would definitely make them liable if true and would put the con out.
>>
File: nobody reports.png (140KB, 796x786px) Image search: [Google]
nobody reports.png
140KB, 796x786px
>>9230142
>It's disgusting after receiving complaints to refuse moving the venue.

They need more complaints with specifics like names and room numbers. If people take the time to do this, they can probably get out of the contract. I know lolitas are fragile but come on guys, gossip isn't how you get things done. Be an adult and flood the con and the hotel with real, actionable details.
>>
>>9230141
>Is this a thing that people actually do? She's throwing up, obviously she's not okay. Do you need to ask?
How low have we sunk that you wouldn't think to show some compassion for someone clearly suffering?
>>
>>9230149
I wouldn't want someone bothering me while I'm vomiting, that's the point of my post. I can see why nobody said anything while she was throwing up.

If it was me in that situation I would appreciate help after, answering someone between spews isn't pleasant.
>>
>>9230153
I hope I never need help while you're around.
>>
That's fucked up that the staff forced a girl to team up with someone she said inappropriately touched her. Even if it was an accident, separate them. She said something about being uncomfortable. Shame on you rufflecon. Shame on you.
>>
>>9230160
I'm sorry my personal preference for when I'm vomiting upsets you.
>>
>>9230174
It got worse. On Saturday, they persuaded the Putumayo shop staff to pose for panty shots.

I'll write up Saturday's horrors soon...

>>9230178
Your personal preference doesn't matter on an anonymous forum.
>>
>>9230188
Then why are you so #triggered over it?
>>
>>9230131
Maybe people assumed you were her friend and was helping her? I don't get why you're upset about random bystanders, that sounds like typical stranger behavior in northern cities.
>>
I'm really annoyed by people picking on ONE aspect of my write-up when I have mentioned so many horrible things that happened Thursday-Friday. Forget about writing up the other two days. You idiots deserve this shit-show of a con and I hope you are subjected to the disgusting "petti rustle" trend that was going on all weekend.

This just confirms my suspicions that this is a gynephile con and any woman who attends should expect to be mocked, jeered, groped, and "rustled" because literally no one cares about your safety or wellbeing. This is just a con for horny men and women to prey on young girls. I'm shocked at how little you all care.
>>
>>9230229
Anon, don't you know? Anytime someone is displaying signs of something that might be contagious you HAVE to rush to help them otherwise you're literally Satan.
>>
>>9230245
Lol what? Look if you been harassed please tell the rufflecon staff about it so they can actually deal with it, if you want them banned then they need to know. Same with real issues like the venue being shit.

The rest is you being autistic. Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>9230113
You're an idiot. It obviously does mean shit, look at all the other people who had problems.
We've given the organization feedback, they gave no fucks so now we're here.
>>
>>9230253
They have been told. The pirate crew whatever their names are have been complained about every year for being inappropriate and "hands on."
At least people on this thread know and won't attend.

Vote with your wallets as they say.
>>
>>9230253

Have you seen the people that complained about things being told to chill out since they are only a 3 year old con? Imo, you just want to know the names of the people with complaints so you can shit on them publicly and cut them
>>
>>9230253
Believing staff cares or will do anything about their friends assaulting paying guests hahahaha

RC staff, you guys need to stop posting here. You're making fools of yourselves.
>>
>>9230052
Was that really the best coordinate there? That looks like shit.
>>
>>9230297
You had to actually enter the contest and it was running around the same time as the deluxe/premium Triple Fortune panel. I was in line for the panel when the entry period was. People were probably lining up for the tea party when the actual contest period ran. There were a lot of scheduling conflicts.
>>
>>9230302
did they win anything?
>>
>>9230302
Still, out of all the people there there must have been someone who was better. Literally looks like babys first coord.
>>9230307
I hope not.
>>
>>9230253
>taking that troll seriously

anon i know you probably care but this is not worth your effort.

>claiming the stench of someone's pad caused someone else to vomit
>claiming "mold, bedbugs, and used soap" in an obvious "arson, murder, and jaywalking" riff
>claiming Putumayo staff was coerced into panty shots
>miscellaneous plot holes and inconsistencies with actual RC schedule
>passive-aggressively hinting at more to write while lurking the thread for hours without writing

this is a joke that anon took too far
>>
>>9230253
The girl said she did tell them. When I said I attended every year and not going again regardless of what's being said because of their 'tude. I was told 'no' and now the same tactics of abuse are used on this girl. She said she did tell the staff and the staff MADE her do her volunteer work with pirates who groped her. When the con website says you donate to RAINN and rape prevention yet promote it, y'all are fucked up.
>>
>>9230188
>It got worse. On Saturday, they persuaded the Putumayo shop staff to pose for panty shots.

ok buddy you lost me there. Who do you think is going to believe this shit?
>>
>>9229627
I'm assuming that Lolita Collective and other vendors aren't returning because the attendance numbers and sales compared to an anime or comic book convention are barely making profit, while they probably pay around the same price to book a booth. If you want to make money, go to where more people are. I know that Japanese and Chinese lolitas have one-off events but I'm assuming that the indie brands that attend get more value from the lower booking price, promotional aspect, and greater attendance numbers.

What other cons do you think people could turn to instead? There is PMX as the only other con that always turns out a good lolita guest... I'm assuming indie lolita brands could organize more fashion shows at conventions too.
>>
>>9230311
And to add to it, this is still abuse tactics like Trump. Rufflecon clearly doesn't want to properly respond or protect their customers and would look the other way when someone says hey, I was molested at your con by one of your friends. Total gross out.
>>
>>9230131
>>my friend who was a vendor wasn't allowed in the Marketplace to set up until an hour before it opened for the VIPs

I don't know about everything you posted but this is false and really makes the rest of it seriously questionable. I vended and marketplace set up started at 10 am on Friday and the marketplace opened for VIP at 3pm. I'm not sure how she would have been prevented from setting up for so long when I personally had no problems or even got a wiff of anything like that happening.

This was my second rufflecon and while it's clear they still have issues andthe schedule needs some refinement (when would you put the main fashion show? It's a puzzler) and I've had a wonderful time both times and I think it's gotten better. I realize some vendors didn't do as well they would like and don't plan on returning and I wish it wasn't the case but I understand.

I really didn't want to weigh in but I just can't let a clear lie like that stand.
>>
>>9230320
From their posts it sounds like there was more going on than just shit attendance and sales
>>
>>9230311
>She said she did tell the staff and the staff MADE her do her volunteer work with pirates who groped her.
>pretending to take that poster seriously when other parts of their story have already been called out as clearly fake

i don't know what you're trying to accomplish here kiddo

>>9230516
caps?
>>
>>9230307
Yeah I attended and I know crowd favorite won a weekend pass for next year. But each judge gave out an "award" paper to their favorite. There was only like 14 people who entered.
>>
>>9230503
>marketplace set up started at 10 am on Friday and the marketplace opened for VIP at 3pm
100% this
>>
>>9230624
Let's not forget the pirate emcee who didn't enter but still won a coordinate award cuz lol he was so funny. It's like the want us to hate the pirates wtf
>>9230308
Actual winner of crowd favorite was amazing unicorn coordinate rest of winners were meh. Wish I had a picture but I didn't take one
>>
>>9231079
This was the whole group. I think the lady who won over all got it because she made her dress and it was a big gown. But I feel like that went against the spirit since it's a coordinate contest and not a handmade contest. She didnt bring together a lot of items and coordinate them. I don't remember who the individual judge picks were but the ones who got prizes were the unicorn girl and the black and gold steampunk (?) dress.
>>
>>9231430
Wow there's like 3 decent coords there. Everyone good must have been at the tea party already.

Kinda bullshit that she won a coord contest just because it was handmade (dress is cool I guess but the coord is basic as fuck). Wasn't there a handmade contest too?
>>
>>9231501
I think a lot of people who could have entered just don't fancy getting up on a stage to be judged, even in a sort of jokey contest.
>>
>>9230297
It wasn't a lolita coord and was handmade.
But the organization of the coord contest was really poor. It was unclear where to sign up so a lot of people with great coords signed up in the wrong place and were standing around and then realized they hadn't actually signed up. This was typical of the poor organization all weekend.
>>
video of some of the con

https://youtu.be/RVsDE18DI5Q
>>
how was the fashion show?
>>
>>9231501
The handmade contest was judged by simplicity though and I didn't care for the winner. At least Sasa took second in the designer bracket, her stuff was awesome.
>>
>>9235651
Simplicity hasn't quite realized that the alternative fashions at the convention are srs business, not arts 'n crafts hobby costuming. Their free lolita headdress workshop was a nice gesture but the materials were bad, even for a free item.
>>
>>9235678
I could believe that. I'm glad I didn't make the effort to attend. Most of the other workshops were really well done.
>>
>>9235695
Do have any pics from the workshop you would be willing to share?
>>
>>9235705
Ah, sorry anon I didn't take any. But photos wouldn't be really useful, it was mostly the explanations and information provided that I enjoyed. I went to the beading and millinery workshops, along with mossbadger's panel. I do hope she posts the video she took.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.