[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fleas in cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: flea-bites-800x450.png (412KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
flea-bites-800x450.png
412KB, 800x450px
How do I clean out fleas in stuff that is delicate like cosplay and wigs?
They recommend hot water wash and drying which is too hard on cosplay
>>
Baking soda + salt will dry out fleas. It's how I used to kill them in my carpets.

Also, soaking stuff in plain blue dawn dish soap for 10 minutes will kill them. It's also a safe method if you have a pet that you can't or don't want to use flea shampoo on(like a young kitten or sick animal)
>>
>>9188158
Also. If the fleas are getting into your cosplays. You need to kill them in the rest of the areas. They will mostly be in the carpets and fabric materials(like couches, bedding, etc...) Make sure you flea bomb the rest of the home. You can sprinkle carpets with a 1:1 ratio of salt and baking soda. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes, then vacuum it up. Do this every couple days for a week or two to kill off any adults and eggs in the carpets. Fleas usually lay the eggs in carpet and movement cause the eggs to hatch. Any fabrics that can be washed in hot water, do it. After you wash, store them in plastic totes until you get rid of the flea problem.

Good luck with the flea problem anon.
>>
Are you sure its fleas and not bedbugs? If its bedbugs, you will need to quarantine your cosplays in black garbage bags for at least two weeks with poison.

Helpful link: http://chipptips.com/bedbugs/
>>
>>9188398
Sure
I called pest control
To the first response thank you
>>
Placing your items into the freezer overnight (protecting them with a plastic bag) should kill fleas, eggs and larvae. I know this is safe for wigs, shoes and most clothing.
>>
File: flea.jpg (13KB, 118x118px) Image search: [Google]
flea.jpg
13KB, 118x118px
I feel you. I have Pulex irritans in my area... that's a fancy name for the 'human flea' that exists in North America. They are nasty buggers that can live off human blood for a couple days.

Leaving your cosplay outfits and wig in a room while using a fogger will eradicate them. Please be careful fogging, stuff is dangerous.

For you, body shaving and regularly shampooing will help alleviate body issues.

Only a full extermination can remove fleas from things such as mattresses and furniture such as couches and recliners.

Pyrethrin sprays are great to use around windows and doorways to keep away fleas from the outside as a preventive number. Do be careful with this stuff if you have animals. It's pretty damn toxic. Raid offers a good spray.

When you vacuum, empty the canister and clean it out every single time. Otherwise, the flea eggs you sucked up will eventually hatch and climb out of your cleaner which is no good.

Make sure to mop floors and wipe surfaces clean of any 'dirt'. It may look like dirt, but you'll know it's not when it turns bright red with a lysol wipe. Flea dirt often collects in corners. Eradicating this dirt will help starve off their young as it is the food source they seek out until they are mature enough to feed off live creatures.

Fleas suck. I can't even hire an exterminator because I live in apartments and so many here have flea-infested animals they don't treat.
>>
>>9188623
Damn, these are some sexist fleas if they're not going after men at all.
>>
>>9188623
wtf i hate women now
>>
>>9188623
I have no pets
The previous owner had pets and left fleas
>>
>>9189052
>>9189057
Reading the last post before answering should have answered the question.
>>9188893
>>
>>9189052
Its not about being nasty, these pests feast on blood, not filth. You can pick up bed bugs from riding public transportation, nobody is immune. There are articles about NYC's bed bug problem, and its not just in the ghetto.
>>
>>9189102
They said fleas, not bedbugs but it's pretty much the same. I ended up with fleas in my apartment from picking them up from walking around outside. The neighbors in our complex had a bunch of outdoor cats and fed them. It attracted racoons and skunks so it was easy to get fleas.
>>
>>9188145
Seal it away in something like a space bag and leave it. Adult fleas typically live 2-3 months and the baby fleas need to feed very quickly after hatching. If you quarantine stuff for four months, they'll die off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.