[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artist Alley General Mills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 30

File: AA_rando.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AA_rando.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
old thread is saging >>9172152

>Resources
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10uNmynwRn6CRc-OMqCeXmJwCNnEnd-vYi-7AQzSx74I/edit?usp=sharing
>Taobao/Alibaba services (broken link)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14zGSegr0b-429wZq5_xdMbE9hpLcXg8fqqe0OxnU2Yo/edit#gid=0
>Artist Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESQ-1h4IRUivbGNaxJFxXyDU1lSv26xTmMdH0sDX7sU/edit?usp=sharing
>How to order from Vograce
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18UxKnpgrmeb82NnW5e4YIEX-eZ3zHt178Mp6i0A5gME/edit?usp=sharing
>Convention List (WIP)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13o7hD5xS3sDqVptnTVGUlRae3ovEE-vPPST_QOrQwtM/
>>
File: pricingwhat.png (59KB, 487x234px) Image search: [Google]
pricingwhat.png
59KB, 487x234px
>how to tell someone hasn't been sewing for long
>>
As vograce has gotten more and more popular, I'm starting to hear more less than stellar reviews.

How is chillypig lately? I havent heard the best about them but I bought an AA artists charms that I really liked, and asked them politely about their manufacturer. They said chillypig and I was quite impressed with the quality especially after negative things I had heard about them.

Also their sticker sheets interest me since I've really wanted to do those and the pricing seems OK to me. Any experience?
>>
Does anybody have any tips for sharing a table? like how to be a good table mate?
and also is this normal? I asked if anyone was sharing a table for a con and this guy offered me half with the condition that I don't sell any fandoms that he sells? (so i don't take away from his profits?)
>>
Well, i'm doing it guys. Today is my last day at my "real" job. After today, I will be doing etsy and artist alley full time for a living. I hope this isn't a mistake.
>>
>>9187560
Good luck, anon! I wish you the best!
>>
>>9187560
I quit my full time job beginning of August and I've been lucky to have enough online sales and cons this summer to hold me over through fall and winter with a moderate budget. wishing you the best!!
>>
>>9187560
Congrats!!
Things get a little tough around December so good luck.
>>
For stickers, would it be worth getting them printed with a company or printing them on your own? I was thinking of charging ~$1-2 per sticker (2" x 2") but most of the base fees seem to be at least $1 per sticker with companies.
>>
>>9187732
With my convention line up, things will start to get rough in April since between april and may, I have no conventions planned. Hoping I can find a con during those months. There are actually a lot of winter cons around here.

>>9187575
>>9187646
Thank you
>>
>>9187767
I print my own stickers, charge $2 for them. It's so much cheaper than trying to get them printed, especially if you have multiple designs
>>
>>9187777
How do you go about printing them yourself?
>>
>>9187795
You can get a whole pack of sticker paper in matte or glossy. I use Staples brand but you can probably find some elsewhere, that's just the one I tried first. I print them off using my regular printer and you can cut them out yourself. I have and use a Silhouette only because my job sells them and I knew I'd be using it for more than just stickers.
>>
>>9187805
Thank you so much! I'll see if that works out for me. For your stickers do you do a minimal amount of color and lining or do you do them moderately detailed? Which would be better for quality?
>>
>>9187777
Original anon, thanks for your thoughts. I'm a little hesitant about printing my own since I have dozens of designs but it does seem better economically and easier. Do your stickers sell well?
>>
hey remember when everyone was asking about acrylic stands because they were the hot thing of the moment? Good times.
>>
>>9187858
>>9187883
No problem! I'm not as seasoned as some of the other artists here but my stickers sell pretty well. Most of my designs are pretty basic. I find that simpler is usually better. It always helps to do a test first since colors vary so much from screen to print.
>>
>>9187767
>>9187777
>>9187805
Sorry I have to be that anon that ask, but what kind of quality is to expect for that price? I print my stickers downtown with laser printers but they are not laminated and the sticker paper is quite thin.

>tfw I have a friend that owns a printing press and offers me a cheaper price than Jimi agency but I have to print 1k of the same design.
>>
>>9187771
do you ever travel for cons? sakura con and fanime are during april and may next year.
>>
>>9188287
Those are both waaaaaaay too far away. Momo-con is in May, so i'm hoping to get in there next year. They didn't accept this this year for some reason :/
>>
Anyone take any AA pics at DragonCon? Always wanted to know what the DCon's AA looks like since it's one of the biggest and better cons.
>>
>>9187483
What the fuck kind of fabric costs $25/yard and why on earth does she need 3 yards for a jacket?
>>
File: Capture.png (926KB, 1107x785px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
926KB, 1107x785px
>>9188379
She said eco-friendly so it's probably some hemp or cotton or weird recycled plastic something. Also plenty of quality couture fabrics can cost way more than that.

The part that gets me is where she says her labor to work with $25/yd fabric would only be $25. You would have to have a pretty low labor charge to make that work out at all.

People sell fleece hoodies and kigus on etsy for $150+ because hey labor costs.
>>
File: minamike11c.jpg (37KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
minamike11c.jpg
37KB, 480x270px
I wish Etsy would let me buy stuff with my Payment Account balance. Also what's the longest you've waited for an Etsy deposit? I got my "Your funds are on the way!" email on Monday for one of my biggest desposits since last Christmas. Well it's Friday and no sign of it yet.
>>
>>9187497
I like Chillypig, they're the only charm manufacturer I know of besides Ink It that can do gradients/opacity with their whites. Their new matte gloss is actually thicker/more glittery than last year's.

I never heard of any bad reviews for Chillypig, but then again I don't hear as much reviews for them compared to Vograce/Acorn Press/Zap.
>>
I don't have much place to ask about this, tried it in /ic/ and didn't get a real big response.

I want to mix my folio with fan art and original, so if I open commissions I can do both but I'm having a tough time doing fan art. I can do original work and gjinka's pretty well because I like designing clothing and characters, but strictly fan art feels like it doesn't work.

Any advice?
>>
>>9188566
I think at first I heard the colors werent all that vibrant? I forget what else though.
>>
>>9188586

I'm not really sure what you're asking anon... What specifically are you having troubles with for fanart? Do you not like it because it isnt as creative as original works? Like you feel restricted or...?
If thats the case maybe make some illustrations for things you are passionate about, not commissions. Find some that inspires you and that you are excited to draw.
>>
>>9188465

Ugh this. I just set up my etsy recently and kind of disappointed with how the whole thing works. I wish it was like storenvy which I was on previously, where the money just goes straight into your paypal.
>>
>>9187497
What bad reviews about Vograce? I've been out of the loop for a while and was planning on using them.
>>
>>9188606
Some anon in the thread talked about how on the double sided keychain where the image is printed onto the plastic, it rubbed off in a few months. And someone on AANI was complaining about the customer service with Vicky specifically. If its still up let me screen grab for you
>>
File: com.png (188KB, 547x2606px) Image search: [Google]
com.png
188KB, 547x2606px
>>
>>9188593
The white layer was basically non-existent, could still see through the other side if you had double sided designs
>>
File: Untitled.png (43KB, 1920x430px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
43KB, 1920x430px
some anons from the last thread I believe. You can always search rebeccablacktech "vograce" for more information and reviews from anons.
>>
>>9188632
>>9188633

Thanks anon, seems like Vicky (I'm guessing she's newer?) is part of the cause.

I guess they couldn't keep up with the rise in demand from about every AA artist out there.
>>
>>9188635
I posted that lower comment, but later also posted that they now seem to have the option for clear charms to be sandwiched between two layers of acrylic, so that problem would be solved.

>>9188633
I've worked with both Coco and Vicky and have to say I like Vicky more. Coco is friendlier but her English is a lot worse and I've had trouble understanding her. But they both have the problem that that reviewer is describing, where you end up having the ask questions several times over, sometimes without getting an answer at all.
Vograce has screwed up once with me, they sent part of a batch single-sided instead of double-sided, but they replaced them and fast-shipped them to me for free.
They probably aren't a good option to get your first charms made, as you'll likely have some questions or make some mistakes and their communication just isn't all that. The reviewer clearly had some trouble setting up their files. If you know what you're doing this shouldn't be a problem. But the mockup thing seems weird to me. I always get re-sent the mockups until I approve them all.
Communication-wise, if you want anything from Vograce, you just ask them. I've had to ask to be sent pictures of the product, if my package could be marked down, if they could let me know when they've shipped the package and so on, and they've always done so when I asked.

I've had my fair share of problems with them but I just got an order in 10 days after I sent the first inquiry, with no issues at all. I don't think I'll be switching to a different service yet.
>>
>>9187519
that sounds normal but kind of insecure. are you better at art than him?
>>
>>9188699
Yeah that's a bit weird
>>
>>9188699
he sells kind of western old fashioned cartoony art. I sell more eastern painterly art. I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue since our styles are so different anyway...? I want the table but he's covered almost all of my most profitable fandoms (Steven Universe, Overwatch, Ghibli etc)
>>
>>9188799

I wouldnt accept his terms then, tell him to suck it up or screw off (politely)
>>
>>9188596
Op for the question here; whenever I try to do fan art it just doesn't come out right? I don't know how to put it that way. I'm an avid fan of things but when I try to draw it, it just doesn't look good.
>>
>>9188885
Is it a style thing? I know when I try to do fanart I often struggle trying to interpret the original art in my own style and it comes out weird
>>
>>9188928
Yes. It just comes out weird and funky. I've been attempting studies? if that's even how that would work in this regard - But it just, falls flat.
>>
>>9188799
telling you not to sell SU/overwatch stuff at an anime convention is like poisoning your derby opponents horse. its a mega-overreaction, what the fuck else are people buying nowadays?

>>9188885
is it because it doesn't look like the original, or does it just feel awkward bc none of your passion for the series shows in it?
are they anime things and you're more western, or vice versa?
>>
anyone got a more updated estimate of sacanime winter attendance from last year? wiki is saying 10kish from 2014 and I'm wondering if it's grown much and worth flying for.
>>
>>9189054
sacwinter already sold out
>>
>>9188799
I wouldn't accept. If your artwork is that different you should be fine but cutting off a big part of potential sales? I wouldn't.
>>
I saw something really similar to what make being sold in a boutique store the other day. I asked the clerk how well they do and she said they sold great. So I'm looking to really buckle down on my business, branding and hopefully wholesale.

A) Are there any podcasts you listen to for craft business advice and strategy?

B) Any recommendations for getting earring and necklace cards printed? I've just been sticking earrings into a business card designed like a packagong card and slipping them in crack baggies
>>
>>9189257
I know, I'm asking because I got a table. if it's not worth, I'll probably just pass it on to someone else
>>
>>9189343
I drove up from SoCal for it this past winter Sac. It was pretty fun and I did decently but you would definitely have a larger overhead flying in from out of state. It's medium sized con, I definitely wouldn't expect huge profits like from AX or A-kon. I heard from Sac veterans that this year was slower than usual but as a first timer I can't really confirm because I have no prior experience to compare.

If you're interested in passing off the table and if table transfers are allowed, shoot me an email! I'd love to take it off your hands if you don't want it.
>>
>>9188799
>
do you have prints from those fandoms? if you don't then it doesn't matter too much.
Honestly, it's his table so he can do what he wants. If I'm sharing a table, I don't want the table partner to have the same fandom either. it's just business. you can take it or leave it.
>>
>>9188805
it isn't really the right situation to tell him to suck it up or screw off since she's the one wanting to be his table partner and he's in the position of power. It's more like she needs to suck it up or try to negotiate his demands or just drop him and try to find some one else.
>>
On the topic of sharing tables, what do you do if you and your partner end up making the same type of merch for the same fandom? Do you talk it out among yourself beforehand so that both of your merch don't overlap?

I'm tabling with a friend and we're around the same level but I'm afraid that it'll be awkward if only one of our same fandom merch sells while the other person's stock doesn't budge.
>>
>>9189529
You shouldn't be tabling with someone if you think that would be awkward.
People have different tastes and will buy whatever suits their interests and budget. Even if you were tabling separately it's still up to the buyer to decide if they want it or not. It would be unfortunate to remove the overlapping merch and then get no sales since the products the buyer would be interested in are no longer there.
>>
>>9189479
thanks! I'll keep this in mind. flight is about $300 but I have family there so no hotel costs makes it a bit cheaper.
>>
>>9189489
Not them but
>but he's covered almost all of my most profitable fandoms
>>
>>9189561
Oh yeah! Having family to stay with will help. It's a pretty laidback fun con so I hope you have fun if you decide to go!
>>
>>9189529
I only table with people i know and who have done at least a couple alleys before. We discuss merch before hand and negotiate. We're both in it to make money, after all. If it's a regular table partner we usually have some collaborative merch (charms, zines etc) we go 50/50 on.
>>
>>9189051
Its part passion and part style. I can draw it decently well, but it doesn't feel like I know the show well enough though I'm an avid watcher and fan.
>>
>>9189560
I understand that which is why I'm tabling with a friend. I thought that this might be a common experience especially with the more popular fandoms like Osomatsu-san or OPM. But you're right, it would be up to the buyers and their individual tastes as to which they would like better. I'm planning on asking my table partner later to see how much we'll be overlapping since we unfortunately have similar tastes.

>>9189739
Collaborative merch sounds interesting. For something like prints or charms, does someone do the lines and the other person paints?
>>
>>9189807
yep, pretty much exactly like that. Or if you're doing a set of charms one person with draw/line half of them, then swap to color, so it's completely equal.
it works better if you have similar styles and tastes in fandom (so most people won't pick up its a collab, but you'll be splitting the profits 50/50 without competing with each other directly)
>>
Apologies in advance since this seems like a reoccurring subject, but here's a Vograce question. Has anyone ever requested "double white" from Vograce for charm or should I just stick to Acorn Press?

I've researched thoroughly and saw this question being asked in another thread but didn't find a clear answer. I'm hoping the anon who asked before could bring back their experience.
>>
>>9189745
This is more of a workaround than a solution, but is there any particular reason you *have* to allow fanart for commissions? You might miss out on a few commissions from people who only want fanart, but from my observation there's still lots of people who want art of their OCs. From a money-making standpoint it seems to me like it's better to at least offer only original/OC commissions than to offer nothing at all because fanart is holding you back. If later on you feel more comfortable with fanart, you can always update your commission info then.
>>
>>9189745
maybe you are drawing generic poses/the show's designs point-blank while the fandom is full of reimaginings of stuff or different outfits or different styles? like that drawing of generic pose tracer someone put in a previous thread

i can never draw pearl from SU in a way i like since she's been drawn so much that it would just be another generic pearl on the 200+ pearl drawings pile. so i just dont bother because hey i don't like her that much to bother.

or maybe you just lack confidence and your art is fine?
>>
>>9189745
This sounds more like a confidence issue. I'm so out of the loop show-wise that a guy who was trying to commission me blurted out, "Do you watch any mainstream anime?" after I had given him a continuous blank stare to all the shows he brought up. Didn't stop him from paying me and from being happy with the result anyway. That and despite not knowing jackshit about shows a lot of my commissioners are repeat customers either at the same con or they come back the next year.

Ultimately, is the commissioner happy with the work you produce? If so, you're probably doing fine.
>>
File: stop doing this.png (75KB, 400x640px) Image search: [Google]
stop doing this.png
75KB, 400x640px
>>9190620
ah yes, the generic 'i dont care about the thing at all but i want those sweet fan dollars' fan art
>>
Does anyone have any enamel pin resources? I'm looking at some alibaba companies and zap creatives but there's no reviews out there for enamel/lapel pins printing services.
>>
>>9191220

Theres a facebook group thats super helpful! You should be able to locate it through AANI
>>
>>9191298
I found it, thanks for the tip anon !
>>
So I bought one of those tabletop claw machines and it plays music. I wanna take it with me to my next con but I'm worried I'll annoy my table neighbours. It isn't too loud but I don't want to mute it because the music speeds up as the turn begins to end. What to do...
>>
>>9191696
Does it make music when no one is using it? Mute it for that, but turn it back on when someone buys a turn.
>>
>fair just sent me my space info.
>I'm right next to a John's incredible pizza stall.

Oh god I'm going to be hungry the whole time.
>>
>>9191696
You can always muffle the speaker with cloth or a covering also
>>
>>9191793
Nope. It's silent until someone puts a coin in >>9191808
I was thinking about this as well. I'm just not quiet sure if the person playing it will still be able to hear it.
>>
>>9191868
If it is every few minutes, mute it. If it is, like, once or twice every 30 minutes or so, then it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: $_12.jpg (41KB, 496x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
41KB, 496x500px
Hi cgl! I was wondering where everyone gets their button storage boxes? I've seen many people use tackle boxes or craft storage boxes but I can't find any that could accommodate 1.175 inch buttons vertically. I have an idea to use underwear/sock organizers from ebay like pic related. What do you think? The problem I see with this mightbe that during transportation, without a snap cover things might fall out.
>>
>>9191964
Cheapo answer: wrap it in a couple plastic bags or put it in a shoe box depending on how big it is.
>>
File: 61beI6C5PsL._SL1000_.jpg (106KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61beI6C5PsL._SL1000_.jpg
106KB, 1000x1000px
>>9191964
Another cheap answer: depending on the size of the buttons you can use those plastic jewelry boxes that you can find at basically any craft store
>>
I want to bond an acrylic charm to a metal backing to wear as a brooch, what's the best type glue to make sure it stays on sturdy?
>>
>>9191964
Honestly for my 2" charms I use a small plastic storage box that has clip closures I got from the $1 store and put them in ziploc bags to keep them organized. The boxes are small enough that they're easy to pack and carry and the bags don't add weight.

I agree with your concern about items falling out, and soft storage in general will likely be a pain to handle - imagine your nightly packup at the con hall and having to deal with a container that can't keep things neat if it gets dropped or people trip over it etc.
>>
>>9192216
http://www.thistothat.com/ acrylic is probably classified as plastic
>>
>>9192216
>http://www.thistothat.com/
It looks like this site has what I was going to recommend: epoxy. You can just go grab a tube from walmart's hardware section for like $4 and it bonds basically anything. I use pic related which is probably way stronger than your project requires, so you can go for a cheaper brand.
>>
>>9192265
>>9192280
Thanks! I'm worried if the epoxy yellows over time. Has that happened in your experience?
>>
Does anybody know vicky's email? Coco has been ignoring me for the past 2 days after giving me a non-answer. I really need to place my order soon.
>>
>>9188378
It was really pathetic this year. They put it in the dealers room top floor and it was very oddly set up and seemed very sparse. It was like they had the same number of artists buy a bigger space. I don't know why they moved it if that was that case. Also, a lot of same stuff as last year from the artists. Very disappointing this year. Usually one of my favorite parts.
I don't have any pics, sorry!
>>
I've been looking into getting charms printed by Acorn for a while, but am a little worried about the longevity of the print. Does anyone know how easily their charms chip or peel?
(This goes for just about every charm maker btw, are there any that I should specifically avoid due to chipping/peeling? I see people complaining about Vograce now so I'm even more worried. In particular, I am aiming to stay with a company that will let me order around 10 charms of each design, so my options are very few.)
>>
>>9192553
my acorn charms from a year ago have held up very well, and they live on my bags/keys so they get treated pretty roughly.
>>
>>9192555
Thanks for such a fast response anon, that's reassuring. Does anyone know anything about how stuff from their new printers has held up? I'm new at this and super worried about everything.

Additionally, does anyone happen to know how long most charms usually hold up? I put all of mine on a board so I have no experience with charm wear and tear aside from one from Zap that held up for over a year before a little bit of chipping.
>>
>>9192562
Don't worry about wear and tear, the millenials change their fandoms they support like every 4-6 months depending on what's trending so if it lasts a year it's WAY more than enough.
>>
>>9192553
I've had a spiderburger on my purse since the little bugger came out and it still looks brand new. Granted, I'm typically very gentle with my possessions. Not sure how well it would hold up to the average weeb but I think the quality is good.
>>
>>9192553
I can only vouch for inkit, which for being the most expensive is also the most long lasting as far as I can tell. i use my own charms from my original run in 2014 and the print is still perfect, like wise with customers that visit me at cons this year with their original 2014 charms that also look perfect ;u;
>>
The real thing though is do you want the charms you sell to last a really long time or do you want to be able to sell them to the same people again?
>>
>>9192944
....that leads towards some pretty shady business practice. I understand the thought process but i'd never intentionally make shitty merch so people would have to rebuy. It might be a side effect of going a cheaper route, but never the goal.
>>
>>9192961
That's the difference between me treating this as a business and you treating this as a hobby.
Ever noticed that often the quality of charms and prints is already better in AA than what most dealers sell? The dealers have already known this for years to generate more future sales
>>
>>9192944
or do you want word of mouth to get around that it's not worth buying from you in the first place?
>>
>>9192944
>>9193009
>buying something a second time because the first one was shit
Do people really do this?
I recognize that the shit I buy in the AA is a short-term phase and I'll probably toss it in 5 years anyway
>>
>>9193068
I've had people rebuy charms from me they broke, but 99% of the time because they broke it by smashing it on something, not because of wear and tear. Usually people come back successive years and recognize they got their charm from me and buy new designs. I can't imagine they would be as willing to buy more designs if their old ones broke or were chipped so...
>>
>>9192596 >>9192944

I'm actually doing this for a personal project for a super obscure fandom, so that's actually not an issue for me personally. Even if I was aiming to sell them, I'd like to be able to offer the best product possible.

Thank you for all the responses, everyone!
>>
>>9193080
in that case, between acorn and vograce i would personally go with acorn. passion projects are worth a little more for longevity right?
>>
>>9193091
Exactly. I've also found that I can pick a Vograce charm out of an collection of charms as there's just something not quite right about the color saturation to me. Since the project something special to me, I've definitely wanted to get the best possible quality I can while still achieving a really small print run.
>>
>>9192553
I've also got a spiderburger like >>9192667, it lives on my 3DS with 12 other charms and it still looks great. Actually, all my charms look fine despite banging around each other and in my bag. The non-printed side of my clear charms are of course scratched up when they're tilted to reflect light, but the print side is still smooth.

I don't know the sources of charms I've bought from others, but the only problem I've ever had is a tiny chip off the print on a clear charm (so he's got a tiny hole in his cheek) Surprisingly, my boyfriend, who is gentle with his electronics, broke his clear charm (we got them from the same person) in two places. I glued his back together and resin coated both of them, but we both retired them to room decoration to avoid future damage. I also cracked a Vograce charm, but that was entirely my fault.
>>
Where can I buy an extendable poster wall display? Me and my friend are tabling together and combined we have way too many large prints for a wirebox display.
>>
I have literally no clue what so ever what I'm suppose to do with regards to any licenses I'm suppose to have with selling at artist alley. Does it even matter if I have one, or do I need one? The city people I call and e-mail have been literally 0 help.
>>
>>9193009
More like you think you're smarter than you are.

The number of people who actually keep a fanmade charm on their phone/bag long enough for it to wear out is pretty small to begin with, and then the number of people within that pool actually interested in replenishing that charm with the *same* charm even smaller. You'll get a reputation for having shoddy charms since people love to talk smack, and your "market" shrinks more and more.

Fandoms and charms are so cheap and disposable nowadays that relying on repeat sales due to breakage is probably the dumbest thing you could do, shadiness aside. Smarter would be to just latch yourself on to the basic bitch series (Pokemon, Steven Universe, Sailor Moon, Overwatch, Voltron) that everyone knows and make a ton of stuff for it. Profit.

Unless, of course, your output is poor and your art is unpopular or bad, and that's why you were thinking to rely on cute tricks.
>>
>>9193009
acting like a shady reseller doesn't make your hobby any more of a business.

also, you're representing yourself with your art and merch. you aren't some pawn of a large corporation that's so low down on the ladder that you have no reason to give a shit. have some pride in your craft and yourself

>>9193415
also this
>>
>>9193400
You need at least a sellers permit for your state(usually through the board of equilization). Also some cons require the temp permit for things like swapmeets.

This is for California but should give you an idea of what you need.
https://www.boe.ca.gov/info/temporary_sellers.htm
>>
>>9193598
Thank you. So do I need anything city specific?
>>
>>9193679
....depends on your city.
>>
>>9193400
depends on your state. For WA and CA you need temporary permits (or if you have a permit in general it's ok) and it varies by county (like a friend in LA has to get separate licenses for freelancing). But I just had a con in OR and they dont need anything since there's no sales taxes. Best check with the con and previous sellers if youre not sure
>>
>>9193929
Don't forget to write off those sorta things as business expenses as well
>>
>>9189529
I share with friends with the same fandoms all the time. I'd consider pretty much all of my friends better than me, but not by a huge skill margin, and I still do just fine at cons. We usually draw different concepts, though, so even if we have prints of the same character, they're pretty unique from each other.
>>
>>9191696
Can you open it up and try to figure out where the actual sound is coming from? Seems like you could just snip a wire or cut a trace somewhere and completely disable the sound. If there's a tiny speaker inside it should be fairly easy to identify.
>>
>>9187460
Didn't this artist quit years ago? I'm surprised I don't see more of this type of style in AA.
>>
>>9194591
there are at least 3-4 artists drawing in this style at the cons I regularly attend.
>>
File: prod_1431005012.jpg (15KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
prod_1431005012.jpg
15KB, 245x245px
I just picked up two sets of these at Kmart. This is my first time ever doing Artist Alley and I got a 6 foot table at NYCC. These should be enough to display on... right?

Also, how do you guys transport everything? I would drive to NYCC but driving and parking in NYC, especially around the Javits Center is a nightmare.

I was going to pack and haul everything in one giant suitcase on an express bus there but these metal units are heavier than I thought. I also have a 6 foot banner coming in with a stand.

On top of that, I'm mostly going to be selling prints, bring my portfolio and at supplies to do con sketches.

Is it possible to carry everything in one big ass suitcase or should I rely on someone to drive me there?

Also the convention is 4 days long. Do you just leave everything there overnight or do I have to take my stuff home every night?
>>
>>9194791
I'm jealous, it's really impossible to get a table at nycc. I've been trying for over 4 years but I always get rejected.
>>
File: Handtruck.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Handtruck.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>9194791
Would it be cheaper to take a lyft or uber?

Have you considered buying a hand truck? With one of these you'll be able to haul a suitcase and a box with you. You could get a decent size box to place stuff in. My boss used to make us strap two 16x16x18 boxes to one, and I'd still have to throw my personal bag on top. It was really cumbersome with that much stuff, but a single box and a small personal carry on sized suitcase was fairly easy.
>>
>>9194820
you get in with publishing credits in comics or similar industry, not with skill. no credits, don't try.
>>
>>9194820
I have been trying for over 5 years. I'm honestly surprised I got in this time.

Only thing that's weird is that they said you can't sell stuff like plushies or buttons. I guess it's mostly for just artwork. I'm super nervous and anxious as all hell though. My biggest fears are being unprepared and how people will judge me.
>>
>>9194864
See
>>9194875

I should note I have no publishing credits except for some small freelance gigs here and there. By freelance I mean being commissioned for small things like a jazz curriculum book or packaging art for a perfume company that was never used. The only actual comic book publisher I was featured in was a group called Pronto Comics, but that's sort of a non-profit group and my artwork was featured once.

However, I did just start a webcomic and mentioned in my application that I wanted to promote it in at artist alley and use the opportunity to meet and network with other artists. But I don't know if that was the reason I got in because I said the same exact thing last year.

TL; DR don't give up. Keep applying!
>>
>>9194888
maybe management changed because i know someone else w/o credits but with an indie comic that got in this year too.

And yes, they're a strict comic-con style AA in that they only want paper goods. like a anime north but less stupid crazy
>>
>>9194900
I kinda like the fact that they're strict with only prints, sketches and/or books. Less inventory to worry about and you don't need to worry about your competition since they're also limited by the rules.
>>
Is international shipping from the US really $13.50? I checked First Class International Package on Paypal and Etsy and USPS and it's at least $13.50 for most countries. The large envelop option is only for letters and documents, so I can't use that. It HAS to be the package option (trying to send charms).

But I remember people saying that it shouldn't cost more that $9 to ship internationally so I'm confused. Are people just eating the difference?
>>
>>9194560
I could definitely do that but then I'm worried the person playing won't know when they're turn is about to end but I also don't want to bother my neighbors with the noise. I'm hoping the floor will be loud enough to drown it out enough so that just the person playing can hear it quietly. I think I'll muffle it with some fabric or something for now and if it's obnoxious I'll just take it off my table.
>>
>>9194943
it's only a little over 6$ on paypal?
>>
>>9195040
Tell me how that works out for you anon! I had one but I debuted it at the worst con possible, mostly children and a lot of parents were upset with me because the price was too high. ($2, there was 1.5 inch charms in there but most kids didn't even want the charms they just wanted to play with it.) I still have the claw machine but never re used it.
>>
>>9193279
make it out of PVC pipes, other wise amazon and adjustable backdrop stand and split the cost but only if you plan on tabling together a lot, otherwise DIY it.
>>
>>9195045
What shipping method are you choosing anon? i chose First Class International Package for 2oz and it gives me 13.50. There is the large envelop option for like $4, but it's only allowed for documents. Please let me know anon! How do you get $6?
>>
>>9194943
Yes it really is that expensive. it's like $9 for Canada i think, but other countries are $13. People who are getting it for less are falsely declaring their packages as letters and taking a bigger risk.
>>
>>9185057
Is this anon from the previous thread still around? Those look pretty decent (nicer than their sample charms. Cute designs, too) and I was wondering how smoothly the whole sending files through a proxy service went, and what the files were even like since I don't see any sort of setup instructions on the listings.
>>
Zap listed enamel pins on their page, I think the prices are pretty good (or well it's going to be much cheaper either way for me, since printing enamel pins here costs way too much + 1000pc minimum quantities lol)
>>
>>9195321
Thanks for the info, anon. That's what I thought.
>>
>>9194943
I think it's depending on if people select First Class mail vs First Class package, I think the difference is in how thick the package is. I recently mailed out a ton of international orders and it's around $9 to Canada and $13 give or take a few cents for everywhere else. Each package was under 1 ounce so charms shouldn't be any heavier than that I think.
>>
>>9195593
It's not the weight because it's the same cost even up to about 3 or 4 oz, but it can only count as a letter if your package is all under 3/4" and uniformly thick. Meaning if any part of it is 1/4" thicker/thinner than another part it's not a letter it's a package.

For me and most people, the thickness of the charm alone + bubble wrapping or packaging around it is at least 1/4" which makes that part of the package over 1/4" thicker than the rest so it shouldn't qualify as letter. People still mail it as letter to save money though, but they run the risk of getting the package returned and losing all the money spent on shipping.
>>
>>9195321
>>9195588
I've been sending my charms in bubble mailers via the first class large envelope route in paypal for ages and not once have any of my 100+ parcels gone missing or returned to me.
>>
>>9195686
I've had one returned so uh. Lucky you i guess? Idk what to say lol.
>>
>>9195693
Yea, but it's worth the risk for like, $3 shipping as opposed to $12 and many lost international sales. Sorry that happened anon.
>>
>>9195701
i mean do you ship your domestic stuff large envelope too? because you'd also save money there but you'd be violating the same rule so
>>
>>9195705
Nah I ship with first class parcel within the states, they do a better job of checking requirements here than they do overseas.
>>
>>9195701

i'm not the original anon that asked but gotta say people are surprisingly willing to pay $14 shipping for a $10 charm
>>
File: Cqa0-MpUkAAGXY5.jpg (5KB, 428x98px) Image search: [Google]
Cqa0-MpUkAAGXY5.jpg
5KB, 428x98px
>>9195714
you don't live in the southern hemisphere then. I'm an itabag anon as well and I regularly resign myself to shipping being as much as, if not more , than what i'm already ordering.

>pic related

>>9195467
A friend got some done recently through Zap, the quality is very nice IRL.
>>
>>9195750
yea, i'm the seller in this situation of course. you're echoing the same thing i hear from all my international customers, they're just used to it. wish it could be cheaper but i don't feel comfortable risking lost and returned packages without the customer knowing before hand; knowing and consenting to that (like if they asked me to ship it cheaper and knew the risks i would)
>>
>>9195701
Now I'm very tempted to go this route. I've lost some sales because my international shipping is $13.
>>
Why do so many artists use different screenames for their tumblr/deviantart/storeenvy/instagram/twitter/etc and then not link to them? Especially when the names are available on all the sites

It makes it hard to find, they're all art accounts too and not personal, so why do it?
>>
>>9196013
sometimes people have different art accounts depending on the art, i.e one account name for anime-esque cutesy stuff, the other for serious painting or conceptual works.

othertimes people are young and haven't realized the value of having a recognizable screen name
>>
>>9196013
Probably what >>9196130 said. For me, it's because I didn't really have an artist identity when opening these different accounts. So I had a certain name from my dA years, another from my Tumblr years, another from my Twitter years. Only recently, when I got more into tabling, have I been going back and making sure all accounts are uniform.

Obviously, an artist will also use a different screenname if they don't want to be found. Like I use a different name for my nsfw account.
>>
>>9196013
maybe styles, or they couldn't get the name they want/ too lazy to link it. But if you are a fan, maybe you can encourage them to link it so you can follow them everywhere :) !
>>
>>9196134
I'm in the same kind of situation as well, the names changed throughout the years and I just never bothered to change them. Especially that I made a DA account almost 12 years ago, then a tumblr I just use for fanart 4 years ago, then a more recent one for more professional stuff... A lot changes in that time.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 500x659px
Anyone else here super broke due to the lack of decent cons this time of year and buying tables for 2017 conventions?
Even if I try to budget and save for this time of year cons always raise their table prices and I didn't account for being accepted into just about every con I applied to which is great but I only have $10 to my name right now.
>>
>>9196013
Mostly this >>9196130, but I know for me I have a separate username for my anime art blog specifically so that it isn't tied to my design work. When people find my twitter, instagram, etc I want them to find my graphic design and web development because that's where my income really comes from. I've spent a lot of time cultivating that brand, and while my web work is all top notch I know my illustration skills are mediocre at best... I love it, I wouldn't stop for the world, but I don't want it to drag down the 'class' of the rest of my work.
>>
>>9196428
>an entire display of the same drawing with slightly different color schemes
Holy shit does this person actually sell their work? What a great scam they have going on, I wish I had thought of this.
>>
>>9196434
Looking at the table, I think they mostly sell stickers, anon. The prints look more like an attempt to have a vertical display to bring people in than the main attraction.
>>
>>9194791
Depends on where you're coming from, if you're on the budget side then I'd suggest looking into local trains if available like Metro North or New Jersey Transit. Coming farther, I'd recommend putting down some bucks for an Amtrak ride. If you find the right car, then there will be plenty of space to put all your shit. From there you'd want an uber or cab because walking to the Javits with that much is a no go. I'd really recommend not taking a bus, they're uncomfortably small and it's very likely you'll get stuck next to someone who will lift up the arm rest and take up half of your seat.
>>
What are some tips and tricks you've developed from selling in AA and online stores? I have a few but off the top of my head I always try to take a phone pic of all my packages before I drop them in the mailbox. That way if there's a postage fuck up I have better proof that I actually sent the thing out.
>>
So, no idea if this is common knowledge or not, but if like me you don't have access to the magical craft stores that sell the transparent holographic prism/whatever sheets (I don't, since i'm not american) , you can get these nail tapes from aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-roll-4-100CM-Holographic-Nail-Foils-Laser-Transparent-Shattered-Glass-Shape-Nail-Art-Transfer-Foil/32642478121.html

which while non-adhesive works exactly the same. just cut out a circle and layer it under the mylar. Since they're only 1 1/2 inch wide it'll be for button sizes smaller, but I can get holographic covering for 30-40 1 1/4 inch buttons out of one roll (so like.... it only adds 3 cents to the cost of manufacturing the buttons)

only downside ive seen so far is that is very slightly clouds the image but I was getting the same effect with the overpriced american holographic sheets on ebay i was buying so?
>>
American tip: I picked up a bunch of different-color holo tissue sheets at the Dollar Tree a couple weeks ago. It's a thin sheet of plastic with the typical sort of shattered design. I haven't really gotten a chance to play with it yet but it comes in 6 colors.
>>
Hi cgl! First timer here. I'm interested in printing 4x6 prints. Would the walmart photo centre be a good option? I've heard that the kodak logo is on the back though. Also, how would I go about formatting (size. etc,) the image for the attendant to print? I'm looking to print 8 different designs.
>>
>>9198757
I worked in the walmart photo center for a few years. There is definitely logo watermarks & order information printed on the back, and because we printed off of fairly small rolls the prints can have a bit of a bend to them. I can't recommend them as high quality prints because of that, but if you're in a pinch and need to print quickly I suppose it would work. If your walmart has self serve kiosks, setting up your order yourself is going to be the best bet for making sure that everything looks the way you want it to . Be aware that if you put in an order online the online manager auto crops without telling you.

Also, there are price breaks for quantity that change throughout the year, so make sure you ask the the associate if the price goes down at 50 or 100 and what the price breaks are. General prices are more expensive during holiday season, but with significantly better sale prices.
>>
>>9198779
Thanks for the warning. Do you know if staples does the watermark as well?
>>
>>9198797
Does anyone know if costco does this as well?
>>
My biggest convention is this weekend, AWA. I'm both worried that I will sell out of everything, not having made enough (since i'm a craft artist) or that I won't sell nearly as much as I hoped to. Biggest fear is both happening, and I didn't make enough items as I thought I did and I go below goal.

This is my first AA since quitting my job, its sorta the con that is suppose to prove I made the right call, really nervous.
>>
>>9198819
yes, any place that does photos is using branded paper. If you don't want photo paper don't get them printed at a photo center.
>>
>>9194791
I carry two 50lb suitcases around every time I'm tabling. I'm a bit scrawny so a lot of times I have friends help me, but I've done it by myself plenty of times too.
>>
>>9192596
>millenials change their fandoms they support like every 4-6 months depending on what's trending
I started feeling old the moment I realized that I the minimum amount of time I stay in fandoms is 2 years. How do you even adjust fandoms that fast - let alone afford anything if you're a kid on your parents' budget? I'm still riding the Osomatsu wave while I feel like a lot of fellow artists have already moved on.
>>
How do you think of cutesy ideas for plushes? I've always felt like I was somewhat creative, but I guess not since I'm drawing a complete blank on cute ideas, haha.
>>
>>9199046
If you're too old to keep up you might wanna give up your table space so those of us that are younger and have energy can have a table
>>
>>9199105
...Why does having "older" fandoms mean that that anon should quit? Not every customer is a bandwagoner that jumps on the new hot fandom every season. Variety is good for an artist alley.
>>
File: 157.png (108KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
157.png
108KB, 500x500px
>>9199105
Some people like to stay in fandoms longer than 'flavor of the month club'.
>>
>>9199105
>get called old
>tfw 20 but attending cons since 2006
These kids with their newfanglin' fandoms! It ain't what it used to be!
>>
Woo! I'll be selling at my first con! I'm so glad there's the resource in the OP. Helps a lot.
>>
>>9199046
"millenials" *rolls eyes*

Anyway I was talking to a friend about this, and I don't know that it's really about people moving on faster these days. It seems like a confluence of many factors. Consider this:

In the last 5-7 years, artist alleys have evolved a lot, going from mostly flat tables to the beginnings of PVC tables to now almost every single table being vertical print walls. The art quality has also went from a lot of amateurs to cons selling out in seconds and more cons doing jury etc.

This means better art, and more of it. When one fandom gets big, it's easily 2, 3, 5x as much merch for that fandom than 10 years ago. What this means is a customer can buy all the merch they could conceivably need for a fandom in only 1-2 cons. Previously, they would spent a year or two slowly collecting the best prints and laminated keychains, now they can go to one con and drop all their money and have more than they could ever ask for in prints, charms, notebooks, cosmetic pouches, etc.

Now why would they go looking for more merch for that same fandom 6 months later when it's a new season of anime and a new set of games out and they already spent $100, $200 etc on that one fandom.

I guess the way i see it, this was inevitable the way artist alleys have been evolving. Also a lot of anime/games is just trash these days anyway, most of it is not worth my passion of 2 years. The ones that are, fall prey to the effect I just described.
>>
>>9199285
>they already spent $100, $200 etc on that one fandom
It's mostly this that I don't get though. You spent that much already on a fandom and if you're cycling through 4-6 a year, that's $600-$1200 you've essentially wasted when you drop a fandom like hot potato for the next one. Granted, obviously some will still enjoy the fandom/merch in the future, but it boggles my mind.

I'm >>9199251 (don't know if I count as millennial or not) and I have my share of old fandoms I've outgrown where I would get 2-5 merch of and maybe resell or give to a friend but how do you get rid of ($200 x 5 fandoms) hoards of merch?

This is veering off-topic so I'll stop. At least it benefits everyone's profits in AA, especially since itabags and the like have become more and more popular outside of Japan.
>>
>>9198159
>Cloudy
That's weird anon. Every time I use my prism film it seems my stickers are more saturated. Now, when light is not all over it, you can see a faint overlay of the star pattern, but it doesn't look cloudy or anything.

I bought mine from here(I'm not from US too)
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7047868863
>>
>>9199312
If anything you might be edging too young to be millennial which makes it even funnier. I just like to make fun of people who try to use millennial as an insult.

As for people spending that much? I don't know. I think it's a combo of there being just more people going to cons and that those same people just aren't spreading the money as thinly, or that they always had the money but never found enough merch to spend it on. They could have always had a theoretical $200 limit per con but just never had that much to spend it on.

The classics also always sell well too, you know pokemon, zelda, final fantasy, sailor moon etc, so it's a little short sighted to say people only want flavor of the month. We just can't perceive what will become classic right now. We make bad predictions.
>>
>>9199324
it's just something i noticed, (probably from staring at the same designs for so long lololol), none of my friends/customers notice any different.
Thanks for the link anon! i'll order some from them too to compare.
>>
>>9199285
Did you just use fucking asterisks non-ironically, anon?
>>
>>9198869
Unless you have an online shop or can support yourself before your next con, I personally think it's better to sell out at the con rather than waiting to get rid of stock the next con. It's better to leave with profit rather than sitting on unsold stock for awhile.

Otherwise, go for it! Use your best judgement and don't break your bank on a huge gamble. Small risks are fine if you know you can eventually recover from it.
>>
>>9199351
yea, i mean if we're gonna use millennial as an insult unironically, why the hell not?
>>
File: cckbadges_original.png (1MB, 970x665px) Image search: [Google]
cckbadges_original.png
1MB, 970x665px
Is there any website where I can get heart shaped pin badges made where the minimum order isn't a very high number of pieces, or I can at least get them made in many different designs?
(Like if the minimum order is 500 pieces, I could send in 20 designs and get 25 badges made of each one of them, not 500 pieces of just one design)
Sorry if my sentences are confusing, english isn't my first language.
>>
>>9199369
But it wasn't even being used "as an insult." Young people - millennials - now have more anime to consume than ever, and thus change fandoms frequently.
>>
>>9199412
if it's not an insult, it's just inaccurate then. con customers are like 12-40+, millennial are only 20-35ish. Basically, i see this pattern among ALL customers and artists so to specify seems like a jab at those darn millennials who have no attention span yadda yadda.

Whatever, point being this is a pattern that's probably a lot bigger than people seeming to have shorter attention spans, it's just how artist alley is evolving and we as artists have to evolve or get left behind.
>>
>>9199105
You sound like a moron. Do you know how many people make merch for fandoms they don't even care about just because it's popular? You don't have to be into a show to make merch for it so the 'you're too old' comment is irrelevant.
>>
So I'm thinking of doing PMX this year as my first AA. However, I see that table costs are $100 and don't include your badge/admission, which would be another 55, plus another 55 if I want a helper. Is PMX worth it for a first-timer? It seems like kind of a small convention.
>>
>>9199418
Con attendees are largely made up of millennial crowds from what I've seen. Millennials are 16-35. The fact that you took such a simple comment as an insult at all is silly and makes you seem overly sensitive. I think original anon was just making a general complaint based on her own tastes, not writing a Those Damn Millennials thinkpiece. Maybe chill a little.
>>
>>9199466
Another anon, but doesn't 20 y.o. and under comprise of Post-Millenials? People in their late 20s to mid 30s, a good part of Millennials, don't jump fandoms.
>>
>>9199326
I know for me it's more that five years ago I was a broke college student with a $60 con spending budget, and now I'm a professional with a full time job... I think I spent approximately $300 on merch last con? The point being that I've moved to a point in my life where I'm financially sound enough I don't have to watch my budget that hard.

>>9199312
Why do you consider the money wasted? I supported artists I like and enjoyed the art I purchased - even if some of it goes in storage after a year, the fact that I enjoyed it at the time is money well spent on a hobby to me.
>>
>>9199466
It was used as an insult in the last thread too so it just sounded like the same person, and it's just my pet peeve oh well. And like >>9199472 says 16 is way too young to be millennial, that's generation Z. Honestly this just shows that "fandom hopping" or whatever you want to call it isn't limited to any age group which was the main point if we were going to stay on topic about artist alleys.
>>
>>9200006

>mfw we were supposed to be called generation Y
>get called millennials instead
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>9196428
I've noticed a trend in cons this past year; more people are applying, so conventions book more artists, but also increase the price (sometimes to make up for renting more space OR to raise the entry bar and reduce the amount of initial applicants) so the sales as a vendor are split among more people. in order words, its not going to get any easier
>>
>>9200047
True I'm starting to notice that too.
And I've earned less at every con that's increased their artist alley size.
No idea how I'll stay on top of my artist alley game since I do the same basic fan art formula (charms prints buttons etc) most other artists do and have to compete
>>
How many of you sell online and have been pinged for IP infringement and has that had repercussions besides having a listing deactivated?
>>
>>9200021
technically gen Y and Millenials aren't the same

Gen Y just has no good media "pop" value like "millenial" does
>>
Do you recommend any of the Austin TX cons? I heard they were pretty slow but they seem fun. Any previous experiences?
>>
>>9200122
>tfw 'generation 9/11'
>ages 10-20 for that day
>>
Is making a redbubble or something similar worth it? I would like to make my own prints and stuff but since I'm situated in Europe I don't think I'll get a lot of sales with international shipping for those.
But at the same time I wonder if the tiny potential profits from such sites are even worth it.

Anyone have any experience with such services?
>>
>>9200156
in my experience people vastly prefer society6, but the quality of products is about the same. it's good to offer if what's there won't compete with stuff you're already making/selling elsewhere, so in your situation it could definitely help (all my sales were from the US, dunno if that's the norm or not). i made a couple hundred over the span of half a year, its nice extra income with no work involved.
>>
>>9199411
this new-ish (? i think, i haven't heard of them since like last week) site Nyan Fire has heart shaped buttons, you might wanna check them out (their minimum is 10). or just buy a button press, there's heart shaped ones
>>
>>9200296
Not that anon, but the button shaped presses seem to be a much larger investment than the typical round shapes. Guess it would be worth to have such a cute and 'rare' product, though.
>>
>>9200137
Ikkicon was good to me this year, stay away from wizard world bad staff bad sales, Anime Austin was alright for a first year con, and I haven't done Anime Overload yet.
>>
>>9200421
At SJ there was around 5 artists with heart shaped buttons, so it might get saturated quickly.
>>
>>9200421
I haven't seen any heart shaped buttons at the SoCal cons I've been going to. I'd definitely snap them up if I saw any for the things I'm a fan of, though.
>>
>>9200505
Didn't a few of those artists know eachother/ pitch in for a machine? I know some of them pair up for cons.
>>
Just wanted some quick feedback!

I was trying to be economical as possible by using as much as space as I could on this template but I was wondering if the hole placement is odd? This will be for a clear charm!
>>
>>9200812
Anon....do you have an online store? I really want this charm.
>>
>>9200812
won't the weight/balance be off? even if you dont put it on the topmost part of the hat, a little further up would probably help.
cute design, btw.
>>
>>9200812
Agreeing with the other anon, that will make the charm hang at an agle, unless you want that.
>>
>>9200818
Oh, thank you!! I'm actually co-creating charms with my gf for our first AA this Halloween. We haven't opened our online shop yet because we're still in the process of ordering our first batch of charms.

I think you can follow our (developing) tictail store if you want updates: n0veltea.tictail.com

>>9200829
>>9200830
This is what I was worried about but I couldn't decide if I was overthinking this so I wanted to ask a more experienced opinion.

So should I place the hole on the left side instead?
>>
>>9200501
I'm sorry what is wizard world?
>>
>>9200836
A chain of national comic conventions hosted by Wizard Entertainment. IMO, it's usually super expensive (IIRC, 75 for one day to get in). They have a lot of actual celebrity guests, an artist alley and a bunch of vendors.
>>
>>9200812
Hey, I recognize your store/username! I don't know if you're ordering with Acorn Press again, but if you are just feel free to put the hole template wherever you want, even if part of it goes outside the bounds of the template canvas. It's not a big deal!
>>
File: PC0Eno1.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
PC0Eno1.gif
363KB, 480x270px
>>9200935
Thank you so much for letting me know! I am actually ordering from from Acorn Press again so you'll definitely see our order in a week or two. I'm doing a group order with my friend as well so it's going to be a much bigger order. Really excited!
>>
Had anyone traveled by train or bus to an in-state con or nearby out of state cons? I'm currently unable to drive due do some reasons but flying is too expensive so I'm researching about greyhound and other public transportation. I will need to carry 2 large baggage. Are buses and trains a decent way to travel to cons?
>>
>>9201326
I traveled to a con via Megabus once. It went okay, no problems.
They did only allow one suitcase and one carry-on per person, though, so check how much you're allowed to bring for whatever company you use.
You might want to also get a taxi or Uber to take you from the bus stop to the hotel, as well.
>>
>>9200212
Thanks anon! I'll definitely look into Society6 then!
>>
guys, srs ? here. I don't know if it's just a regional thing or what, but at all the cons I table at most of the other AA artists are really cute Asian girls, and I am an unfortunately creepy-looking guy who looks like I am like 50 even though I'm in my 20s. How much do you think that hurts me? My art is on the realistic/non-cutesy side, so I don't feel like there's a big disconnect between me and my art, but I feel like being a dude and having an unfortunate face might scare potential customers away. Should I get a female friend to help me out at my tables so I can stop feeling self-conscious and hideous in the AA? FML.

>>9201326
Yes! I've taken both Bolt buses and Amtrak trains to cons before, and I really liked it. Amtrak is awesome because you have tons of space and you can really keep an eye on all of your stuff, and it's comfy. But that shit runs late, so you REALLY have to make sure you account for potentially hours of delays. The bus is OK, but there's not as much space for luggage, so it's not a great choice depending on how much you have to bring with you.
>>
>>9201432
Dress up nicely (you don't need a suit, but don't show up in jeans with an anime shirt). Unless you're a literal troll, nice clothes and a good attitude make 99% of men more attractive.
>>
>>9201432
How much delay in average are we talking about here and how often? Are usuallton time? Thanks in advance. >>9201341
Thanks anon. I unfortunately need at least 2 suit cases.
>>
>>9201432
honestly i rarely pay any attention to what the person behind the table looks like unless they are wearing an unpleasant expression or are in costume. i second other anon, if you put some extra care into your appearance and keep your mood up things will be fine.
>>
>>9199449
It depends what you consider to be worth it. I heard last year was pretty shitty but people at least broke even. It looks like it may be better this year but there's no telling
>>
>>9201432
Adding to the other anons, I think what's set a guy off the most into creepy territory is their eye language. Wide open + intensely staring is a big flag. Dress nicely and find an activity to do at the booth that keeps your body language casual but not uninviting (don't hunch over your phone/game screen/sketchbook and look like you don't want to talk to anyone). Presently yourself cleanly and maybe a bit of cologne to imply hygiene and effort of self-care.
>>
>>9201326
>>9201432
Seconding Amtrak delays. They have some of the worst scheduling because they have to share tracks with freight trains and as the law is now freight trains take priority even though it's supposed to go to Amtrak. I'm talking like 3 hours of delay on a train ride already 14 hours long. It really sucked when they turned off the air conditioning while we were stopped in NY too.
>>
File: amtrakwhy.png (347KB, 914x755px) Image search: [Google]
amtrakwhy.png
347KB, 914x755px
>>9201497
Different anon here, and that REALLY depends on the train. I've Amtrak'd to Seattle a few times, and I always expect 2-4 hours of delay (I have never experienced an on time Amtrak in my life).
>>
>>9201492
>>9201507
>>9201517

Thanks for the input! I have good hygiene, dress nicely, and I think I present myself well and have good customer service skills... but when everybody else selling is a cute girl and I'm Creeps McUglyface I start to get paranoid I'm hurting my AA presence with my appearance.

>>9201497
Honestly... Go in expecting a delay every time and consider it an unexpected surprise if there isn't one. I'd say delays of 30 minutes to an hour are pretty standard. The worst I ever had was like 3 hours but that's 'cause the train hit a hobo.
>>
>>9201326
I have multiple times; most times it was alright but once the bus broke down and it ended up being delayed for 3+ hours while waiting for a replacement bus. If you need more luggage space, buy an extra seat; it's one luggage per person.
>>
>>9201529
>>9201533
>>9201586
Amtrak sounds terrible. It's not really what I'm hoping for. Sounds like bus is a better option. >>9201613
Do you know if greyhound is reliable? Should I just look for one of those fancy buses for business travelers?
>>
>>9201649

Amtrak is way better than greyhound even when it's late. It's a relaxing ride with nice scenery (depending on where you are...), basically infinite luggage space, and normal people riding. If you're not pressed for time, it's a nice time. Greyhound buses are cramped and dirty and full of some of the creepiest fuckers I've ever seen, who you'll be stuck sitting next to.
>>
My mom is considering getting an Artist's Alley booth at a con next year, but has no clue what to sell. She's more of a 'rustic' artist; painting on wood, making awesome bows, stuff like that, although she's talented at pretty much anything except drawing and sewing.

Anyone have any ideas? I told her paintings of anime characters on wood might sell, like for hanging up on walls, but I'm not 100% sure. I just really want to support her.
>>
>>9201698
If she can't draw, how can she paint anime characters?
>>
>>9201698
Show her some Ghibli movies or maybe a few other more classic style shows like Your Lie in April, Chi's Wonderful Life or maybe games like Okami.
>>
>>9201701
She can paint with a reference, but not just draw whatever. Like, she can't make a drawing off the top of her head.

>>9201703
She's seen a few, she got me started on anime in the first place because she had bought Totoro and Sailor Moon VHSs when I was little and would watch them with me all the time. I think her favorite Ghibli movie is Kiki's Delivery Service.
>>
File: N6fvtYK.jpg (106KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
N6fvtYK.jpg
106KB, 900x506px
>>9201698
>>9201705
What about landscape/scenery paintings? Like the background art you see in Ghibli works. It would stand out against other booths and if done well enough, it's a niche that will resonate with older buyers, anyone who wants an art they can appreciate on their wall, and even normie family/friends who got dragged to the con.

As a frequent congoer and artist, prints that have good background/perspective and aren't just a character in 3/4 view with photoshop shapes for bg immediately grab my interest. A print of the bakery interior with Kiki stocking the shelves or something would interest me more than a generic Kiki on her broom with a vignette sky behind her.
>>
>>9200296
>Nyan Fire
Never heard of them and can't find any review. It looks like they print their stuff in japan?
>>
>>9201744
not that anon but i wish i had more customers like you, because all of my prints with fully rendered backgrounds i put tons of effort into sell way less than the lazy ones with solid colored backgrounds...
>>
>>9201649
Amtrak is the more comfortable option, but delays are generally inevitable.
With my experience, Greyhound buses tend to be on a more reliable schedule. Buses vary greatly as far as hygiene, the type of people riding, air ventilation, how packed it's going to be, etc. It should be fine as long as you avoid the bus stations at night and sit as close to the front as you can if you're worried about potentially sitting next to a creep.
>>
>>9201987
How extreme is the amtrak delay? I usually leave early in the morning of the first day of the con and return on Sunday afternoon. I have to get to work on Monday. Would you say amtrak is still a good option?
>>
>>9202458
Different anon, but usually when I see Amtrak it's delayed by 2-3 hours. I'd give yourself 3-4 hours buffer for when you need to arrive if you want to be safe.

The one time I used Amtrak it was only like 30 mins late, but transportation fuck ups are awful, better safe than sorry. Good luck!
>>
File: notok.jpg (50KB, 449x597px) Image search: [Google]
notok.jpg
50KB, 449x597px
Making charms for the first time and opening an online store for preorders for the first time on top of that. I've researched as much as I could. Wish me luck, fellow gulls.
>>
>>9202458
When I Amtrak I get on the train the night before, sleep on the train, and I'm there in the morning. It's a long trip for me, though, and the train comes through my station at a weird ass time of night. Look into the Amtrak schedule around you - you might not have a lot of options on their schedule.
(Googling "amtrack [city name] to [city name]" will pull up the schedule, by the way.)
>>
When cons ask for a link to your portfolio without any specific info, is it ok to link your store?
>>
>>9202513
Ganbatte anon!
>>
>>9202513
Good luck! I'm in the same boat, just bought a $200 2.25" button machine and started designing charms. I'm nervous cuz I don't have any sort of presence on social media and I'm worried I won't be able to make back the money I invested into this...
>>
>>9202458
2-3 hours on average. I would also suggest what >>9202504 said and give yourself 3-4 hours buffer. As far as getting home before work Monday, it depends on how far away your home is from said con. My 2.5 hour average drive to an out of state con takes roughly 4.5 hours with Amtrak not taking delays into account. if you leave immediately after the convention gets out on Sunday, you could -maybe- get back home late Sunday night or early Monday morning.

>>9202654
Buttons are really easy money, imo. They are my best seller and you will probably make back your money within the first/second AA. As far as online sales, it's very hit or miss. Use popular tags to your advantage if you're using one of the main 'upload and sell' marketplaces.
>>
Does anyone know if Vograce is going on vacation this 1st of October? I'm going to order some stuff but it seemed suspicious that they told me they're just going on vacation. I know it's probably nothing and that theyre reliable, but i'd like to be sure of it. Thank you!
>>
>>9201326
>>9201533
well, there's the Amtrak from Milwaukee to Chicago, which IS faster than Greyhound since you avoid the shitty traffic... but since the big Illinois cons are in Rosemont, it proves useless except for C2E2.

Greyhound is cheap, but definitely come early so you can grab a good seat. In my past experience, they end up leaving a bit later than expected while Amtrak leaves on time (but it's a short trip).
>>
First time selling at an artist Alley!

I know things are a bit different online and at a con but...
While fan art in general is a gray area, I know there are series which are straight up taboo, like Disney. Any other of those series to watch out for?
>>
>>9203054
Homestuck's creator is very strict about people selling fanart except for a select few and the fans know it. That being said I sold Dirk glasses for a while because they're just black Kamina glasses and no one can really claim that design.
>>
>>9202895
They are actually having a big holiday(National day?) My Taobao agent is also on vacation the first.
>>
>>9203120
Yeah, the heyday of that fandom has passed, but I used to to get a couple of comments every con from them about my zodiac stuff. And it's not even got the homestuck colors, it's literally just the zodiac signs etched into glassware and leather. I don't know how many times I've had to explain that Hussie didn't invent the zodiac.
>>
>>9203054
Dumb question but would Kingdom Hearts fall under Disney? Or as long as I don't have Mickey would it be ok.
>>
>>9202458
I took amtrak from Charleston WV to Kingston RI once, got there 18 hours late
>>
>>9203158
I think Kairi, Sora, Riku, Org XIII and the other new humanoid characters are actually Squeenix licensed and have very little grasp on the western fanart market
>>
How often do conventions get upset if you bring your own tablecloth for your display?

Also do I really have to diplay the sign with my table number? It''ll clash with the look I'm going for

thanks for all the help!
>>
>>9203054
there's a lot of info on this. For starters, look up AANI's 'fringes without benefits' doc.

>>9203190
...never? almost always my conventions warn us that they're not providing table cloths so we better bring our own....
and it depends on the con. read your contract.
>>
>>9203190
I've never had that problem, in fact all if them strongly recommend bringing your own since they may or may not have skirting provided. Also for the table numbers it will depend on the con, look at the agreement or ask them.
>>
Is ushicon worth traveling to? I'll be driving from Oklahoma so I will need a room. Is it worth all the expenses?
>>
>>9203436
Prob not??? I'm going, but desu I don't care if I lose money that badly? I wanna see the guests. If I make something back like table+ it's better than just traveling to see them.
>>
>>9203465
Ouch are sales that bad? If you have tabled there before, about how much did you make anon?
>>
>>9203538
If you traveling that far it might be sorta a different margin for profit for you? I haven't vended yet at ushi, this will hopefully be my first year, but I have friends that have. The con from what I hear is super nice for them, but they never told me what they made in profit. I'm a local so I think it's worth it plus meeting the guests. So really if for some chance I might not make as much I'm still excited for the con, but not everyone see it like that? Come and try the con out it if you want, but since you might have different expenses than me I'm not sure if it'll be worth it for you in terms of a huge profit compared to locals? Does that make sense?
>>
>>9203846
jfc, please ignore the spelling and grammar errors I did. I'm sorry.
>>
>>9203436
I vended at Ushicon before and hoping to get in again next year but only because it's 4 minutes from my house. The attendance is around 300 people, all adults since it's 18 and up. I did alright for a con that small, I feel like I would do better this year because I have way more stuff. I'm mostly going to hang out with friends. I wouldn't travel more than an hour drive for this con.
>>
Can anyone give any tips when it comes to making stickers?I'm doing my forst artist alley this month and want to know any advice I can get
>>
>>9203846
It made perfect sense anon haha. Thanks for your advice. It would be best if I skip this con haha.
>>9204245
The attendance number is too small for an out of state artist like me. Thank you anon for the input!
>>
File: IMG_20160727_012038.jpg (42KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160727_012038.jpg
42KB, 362x362px
Time ago I found on tumblr a artist I want know now but I don't remember the name. This is the only art I have, anyone knows who's?
>>
>>9204716
Reverse google search, it's there.
>>
>>9204739
this
https://tictail.com/s/rinrin
>>
>>9204755
>>9204739
Thank you!
>>
Can some people post some good artist alley displays? I'm in need of inspo and am lacking ideas for displaying my postcards and stickers
>>
>>9205176
>>
File: IMG_6338.jpg (57KB, 483x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6338.jpg
57KB, 483x431px
How do I get started making this kind of jewelry?
>>
Any truth to that AANI post about people taking pics in AWA's AA and printing them out over at the UPS store? They make it sound like people are doing this en masse, but it seems like that would be really noticeable and risky to do.
>>
What is the best way to promote a shop via instagram? I personally get irritated when shop pages like my posts and follow me persistently for whatever reaction they want from me so I wouldn't want to do the same. But maybe it's just me? Do you get annoyed with these methods, anon? And what are the best in your opinion?
>>
>>9205245
Looks like laser cut jewellery to me. So you'd need to look into materials to use, getting the laser cutting done or accessing one if you're lucky enough to know people.
>>
>artist posts amazon wishlist on facebook and twitter total of 4 times
>appreciate artist work over last few years but no money to support them
>decide to send 2 gifts to artist
>watch as they freakout that a "stalker" found their amazon wishlist and sent them items
>watch as their followers freakout too

welp now that I feel like a creeper and depressed that what I thought would be a good thing has freaked her out I guess I'll not send gifts in the future

Is there a way to show artists you appreciate them without freaking them out?
Do you like fans/followers doing anything for your bday?
>>
File: AAbingo (3).jpg (90KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
AAbingo (3).jpg
90KB, 600x751px
>>9193140
Shit, Spiderburger is on my 3DS too.
There are no cracks or scratches on the printed side. The charms are incredibly resistant.
>>
>>9205306
>posting a wishlist on public media
>has followers
Why were they freaking out or upset? Wasn't that what they were expecting? If I were them, I would want to know who did it so I can thank them properly. I'm sorry that you feel that way.
>>
>>9205306
They sound fucking stupid.
"I posted my amazon wishlist in public AND SOMEONE BOUGHT ME SOMETHING I'M SO SCARED"

Why was she even posting it in public for?
>>
>>9205260
I have a shop insta and I follow a lot of shops on it because 1) it feels weird to follow personal accounts if I'm a shop and 2) it feels weird to not follow any accounts.
I follow similar accounts to mine, like similar mediums or aesthetics. I also follow suppliers' accounts. I don't really care if they follow me back and I like their photos because I actually like them, not to sell them stuff.
>>
File: sad_gift.png (385KB, 578x1005px) Image search: [Google]
sad_gift.png
385KB, 578x1005px
>>9205322
>>9205325
It looks like she 'posted is as a joke'........

thanks for listening to me be sad though, that's helped me some
>>
>>9205355
you're an autist if you seriously got offended by that dude.
>>
>>9205355
>posted it as a joke
>twice on each platform
>four times in total
>joke
Uh huh.
>>
>>9205355
>"joke"
>even specifying how many times and when she posted the "joke"
Sounds more like she wanted some weird kind of attention to having a "stalker" but obviously doesn't want the free gifts to stop rolling in. Of course, I'm just blindly making assumptions off of these posts. That being said, it was kind of you to gift her an airbrushing set, anon.

>>9205359
I can understand being a bit sad at that reaction. When you do something like this, seeing a simple "Thank you to whoever gifted me this!" at first glance is a lot nicer than her comment.
>>
File: sideyes.jpg (109KB, 540x518px) Image search: [Google]
sideyes.jpg
109KB, 540x518px
>>9205355
>posts their wishlist four separate times
>"sort of as a joke"
>pic related
Honestly, I'd send them a message (maybe through a throwaway or anon) clarifying you did it as a form of support. Considering how creepy people can get, I'm not surprised they're jumping to the worst conclusion, so sending them a note could clear things up.

Erring on the side of caution and asking them "hey, is it okay if I gift you ___" beforehand (even if they post their wishlist) next time will prevent this misunderstanding.
I've had a few people offer me crazy shit as encouragement/patronship, which I'm incredibly grateful for, but admittedly, I'd feel uncomfortable with them gifting me before asking or giving a headsup.

Sorry that someone you wanted to support took it the wrong way, man.
>>
>>9205368
yeah, that's true. it really just seems like she's joking about the "stalker" thing though, or might just not be used to actually receiving attention. I wouldn't get too sad about it. I'm sure they're grateful, just maybe unnerved to almost have their real life collide with strangers on the internet.
>>
>>9205306
That artist is just rude as hell, if they posted their wishlist online, especially that many times, they obviously wanted people to buy them things. Reacting that way if just being really inconsiderate of the person who bought them the gift.
Don't feel bad, you just did something nice, they clearly didn't deserve it though. Any other person would love the surprise and feel really thankful.
>>
>>9205402
This. She could have even said "I'm grateful for this gift, but everyone, please don't send me stuff in the future out of the blue" or whatever. But having someone send her a nice gift from her public wishlist that she posted and decrying them as a stalker is really rude.

If she didn't actually want the possibility of her followers sending her gifts, she shouldn't have publicly posted her wish list four fucking times.
>>
>>9205306
>>9205355
First of all: she got your gift and posted that she has it in her posession, this should be enough for you, you are owed nothing in this situation.
Do you realize how stressful it is worrying about people hitting on you constantly and becoming aggressive when they think that you owe them even something as small as attention? We live in a frightening world and if you really cared about the artist you would back the fuck off and not complain about their own valid concerns about stalking.
When someone posts a wishlist online it's not for general followers but rather family and friends who are close and likely to be at the party. She owes you nothing and the more you whine the more it shows you only sent gift to get something in return.
>>
What's with all the creepy fan posts in these threads? I swear there's always someone asking like 'how do i ask an artist in the alley out' 'how do i befriend my favorite artist' like wtf? do people not realize that artists are the exact same people as everyone else?
>>
File: um.gif (22KB, 598x323px) Image search: [Google]
um.gif
22KB, 598x323px
>>9205420
normally i would agree with you (i'm not the original anon btw), but i actually looked up who the artist is 1. i'm surprised anon likes her 2. she didn't "post it just for friends and family", attached screen cap. if anon had been a fan of hers for a few years now it's really easy to see how she's fishing for gifts.

And lastly, i'm not surprised she accused them of being a stalker, she's a drama queen and has publicly totally stirred up stuff, feeding off negative attention and really self important etc. once i saw the name i was not surprised at all. only surprised someone could be big enough of a fan to buy her expensive gifts lol
>>
>>9205505
Anon who bought her something, I will.just say you are better off supporting someone who will appreciate it. No idea who this artist is but she is clearly either very young or at the emotional age of lile 16...
>>
>>9205505
wow why does someone like this get gifts? my followers have never sent me anything T_T do i just keep reposting what i want online? any tips or tricks to get fans to send what I want? also how protect home address?
>>
>>9205587
pretty sure amazon/internet wishlists generally don't give the address of the person? you just buy it and it automatically ships it to the address on file, there's no reason why the buyer would need to see your address.
>>
>>9205596

I found a post from a couple of years ago complaining about Amazon letting buyers see the address of the receiver after purchase. I don't know if this has been fixed or not.
>>
>>9205505
Anon you gotta dish on who the artist is, I think we could all use a good laugh today at the expense of these people, especially if they've been drama in the past and their fans have no taste.
>>
>>9205428
Do normal people freak out when they get gifts on their birthday after they've made a list available of what they want?
>>
>>9205609
oh... that i don't know then, that seems incredibly stupid but i guess something being incredibly stupid isn't uncommon. it seems if you only put amazon sold items (so no 3rd party sellers) it will only show name + city/state but that might not be enough privacy depending on how small your city is.
>>
File: tumblr_n7hb5eNEEa1s9oln7o3_400.gif (958KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7hb5eNEEa1s9oln7o3_400.gif
958KB, 320x240px
>>9205667
kek
>>
Not really sure where else to ask this other than the AA thread:

Are there still artists willing to take custom button/keychain commissions? I'm making a homestuck itabag and obviously there isn't a lot to work with when it comes to official merch.
>>
>>9205691
if you're willing to pay the cost of the commission, yes. You can't be looking to pay $2 for a button if the artist has to draw it from scratch just for you basically.
>>
>>9205420
>back the fuck off
>not complain
Whoa anon chill the fuck out, OP was clearly just concerned that something they thought was being encouraged got misconstrued. You sound way too offended on this artist's behalf. If you're their friend please remember 4chan is 18+.
>>
>>9205699
>>9205570
Also I just looked up who the artist was and I am genuinely shocked anyone would be charmed enough to buy her ungrateful ass anything. Not surprised at all by her reaction, considering this girl writes about tabling at Artist Alley as if she knows anything at all with her mediocre as fuck work and elitist attitude toward fanworks. I'm sorry you got burned anon. Anyone who posts their wishlist online should be more tactful about receiving things from it, that is common sense.
>>
>>9205701
>Anyone who posts their wishlist online should be more tactful about receiving things from it
Oh but that's the beauty of it. I'm pretty sure it's as >>9205505 said, where she's just playing it up for attention. If tons of people bought her stuff off her wishlist, she'd be rolling in it and bragging nonstop.
>>
>>9205306
Wait what? Isn't that why they posted their wishlist? Because they wanted free gifts from people??
>>
>>9205420
>becoming aggressive
>you owe them even something as small as attention
This dude clearly hasn't bothered the artist about it, how can you even jump to them thinking the artist owes them shit.
>it's not for general followers but rather family and friends
That's delusional, she posted it on her public facebook and twitter where she has followers, there's no way she meant it like that.

>>9205609
I'm pretty sure the recipient's address is hidden, that's why people like amazon wishlist so much, especially for secret santas online.
>>
>>9205701
>>9205505
how'd you find the artist/who is it?
>>
>>9195053
Hi Anon! I used it last week at a convention with alot of children as well... it was certainly quite the hassle. My biggest issue was the time limit on the damn thing and having to constantly restart it for slow children (and sometimes adults). During slow times that's not a problem but when I'm busy I don't want to be managing that and making normal sales at the same time. Also my claw machine doesn't have a light and so lots of people assumed it was broken and would drag their crying and screaming children away. I used a $1 loonie (I'm from the land of maple syrup) and it kept getting stuck in the machine and the next person to touch the machine kept getting free plays while I wasn't looking. All in all though I would use it again since it made a decent profit at $1 per play to get a sticker. perhaps with an assistant to keep an eye on it or just restart it for me when I'm busy with other people.
>>
File: lmao.png (23KB, 581x130px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
23KB, 581x130px
>>9205616
>>9205856
not hard to find her at all, it's only a matter of time she'll reveal her self the way she operates i'm sure lol
>>
>>9206033
>Those 4chan people
i-i-is that us?
>>
>>9206033
lmao i knew i recognized this bitch. she does those dumb "angry-artist-alley" blog posts
>>
>>9206045
>angry-artist-alley
Thanks, that made it easy to find them.
>>
>>9206103
But seriously she's went to fucking RTX expecting to make /anything/ selling original art. Look at cons before you set things in stone you fucking dolt.
>>
>>9206045
>>9206033
Oh, I know who this is. Why am I not surprised.
>>
Is having prints displayed the front and back side of your table a huge AA faux pas? I thought the reason why artists do that was so they can see what the customers are pointing at.
>>
>>9206922
It works both for knowing what people are pointing at and also so people can see them when they're browsing the row behind yours
>>
>>9206922
Some cons don't allow it, it should be stated on the contract somewhere.
>>
>>9206922
Personally, I stick labels or post-it notes on the back. Sure it's better for business if people in the other row can see it, but I don't like doing it because I feel that it's rude to the artists behind me
>>
For those PMX anons, their AA opens on Wednesday, October 5th, 8pm PST for $100 full table
>>
So speaking of Texas Cons, Retropalooza was this weekend? How did people do? I think Realms con was also this weekend?
>>
New Thread >>9207695
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.