[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 76

For all your hair related needs!

Please be prepared to post examples if asking what hair colour or hair style will suit you or your face shape
>>
I have straight currently dyed black hair, How should I go about getting messy waves like pic related? Should I curl it every morning or should I look into getting other methods like a perm?

I've never had a perm before so I'm not exactly sure how to care for one or if they even work with dyed hair

> link is what my hair is currently like http://www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Medium-to-Short-Hairstyles.jpg
>>
File: image.png (493KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
493KB, 426x640px
Gonna dump some photos
>>
File: image.jpg (368KB, 719x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
368KB, 719x1100px
>>9183021
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 495x750px
>>9183025
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 236x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 236x357px
>>9183028
>>
File: tumblr_nhocubaPGe1qj816fo1_500.png (273KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhocubaPGe1qj816fo1_500.png
273KB, 500x339px
>>9183032
>>
>>9182853
My friend gets that texture by doing a loose braid-out at night.
>>
Any hairstyle suggestions for afro-textured hair? I would wear a wig, but my hair's so thick it be diffucult to fit even if I straightened it. I just want something relatively convient for casual coords.
>>
I have very straight hair that isn't thick and recently got side bangs cut. How do I make them look more like this >>9183034
and less like the ones in the upper left corner of this >>9183028

I would assume heat styling but I am starting from a point of zero knowledge here.
>>
>>9182853
If your hair isn't layered like your pic it won't look the same even if you waved it
>>
I did mt first hair mask with honey and coconut oil the other day. I used too much oil and had it stay for days. It was worth doung though, my hair is the healthiest it's been in a long time.

What do you gulls suggest for super fine, easily damaged hair? What has worked for you to prevent breakage?
>>
>>9184127
I love the look of afro puffs with clip in bangs.
>>
File: 1431641138870.jpg (451KB, 979x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1431641138870.jpg
451KB, 979x1306px
Does anyone have any cute hair samples to wear with big lolita bows? I seem to have fallen into a pattern of pigtails, buns and just down, and I can't get out of it. I have thick long natural hair, no wigs, if that helps.
>>
>>9184597
Also, how do I make this hairstyle?
>>
What hair should i use for my faceshape?
As right now it's an angled "flapper bob"
>>
File: whathur.jpg (117KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
whathur.jpg
117KB, 1080x1920px
>>9184615
IDK why it didn't upload the picture
>>
I've never gotten extensions before. If I buy some and dye them myself, would most places be okay with just sewing them in? Or is it better to just get something directly from the stylist?
>>
>>9184618
coconut head but you cute
>>
>>9184695
Haha, thanks. One of my friends keeps calling me coconut head, too. It looks more coconut-y from the front than the sides.
>>
>>9184133
Yup heat styling, use a curling wand or straightening iron to flick them to the side. I do it every day and it takes less than a minute because mine heats up fast. Alternatively if you wash or wet your fringe at night and leave it in a roller or pincurl it can set that way (depends on your hair texture)
>>
>>9184618
You have quite a long face so the blunt fringe is good. I'd suggest a slightly longer version of what you have if you don't want too much change, or if you want to grow it out a shorter version of a hime cut would actually suit you
>>
>>9184127
How long is your hair and what style of clothing do you usually wear?
>>
>>9184133
Blow dry them over a round brush or use a curling iron or straightener
>>
>>9184821
About shoulder length, classic
>>
>>9184827
Since you didn't say what styles you wear, have you tried halo braids or putting a twist out in a half up half down?
>>
>>9182842
Tips on getting tight ringlets in a bob? My hair is pretty thin and almost shoulder long
>>
>>9184831
>>9184192
I'll try it out. Thanks for the help!
>>
>>9184837
No problem anon, I know it's not terribly helpful but there's so much texture variety it's hard to pinpoint more practical styles. Best of luck!
>>
>>9184820
Thanks. I'm probably going to grow it just a little be longer than chin length(and angle it a little more so it's less coconut) and maintain the fringe.
>>
File: Mercy Hair.jpg (302KB, 1448x346px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy Hair.jpg
302KB, 1448x346px
So I'm going to be in a genderbent overwatch group in a few months, and I am going to be the Mercy. I'm gonna make it a "manlier" look than the typical genderswapped Mercys, with a beard and shit rather than the "prettyboy" look. The problem is I have dark brown hair.

I have never worn a wig for a costume before, so should I go with the blonde wig? I am colorizing my concept art to show what I kinda would look like with the different options. The first picture here is my natural hair color, the second would be with a blonde wig, and the third is another kind of cool idea of doing like a grey hairstyle. The beard is going to be the dark brown no matter what.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>9184873
>The beard is going to be the dark brown no matter what
Why? you can comb temporary stuff through it to lighten it so it looks less stark against your wig choice (I'd go for the 2nd one btw)
>>
>>9184891
Is there something I can use like that for my dark hair? I have a big head (24"), and I don't think Arda's wigs will even fit me.
>>
>>9184895
I'm not sure how effective it'll be for you (given beard thickness etc) but you might want to try using eyebrow mascara a few shades lighter than your beard. Obviously it won't give you a glowing blonde facial bush but it'll lower the contrast between your beard and wig colour which I think will help tie things together.

I'm no expert on arda's wigs so hopefully another anon can direct you but any L wig with an elastic adjustment should be able to fit your head @23'' with the elastic not tightened (these wigs are 4sually helpful with people with thick hair so they have the extra room)
>>
File: hair.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
1MB, 1000x667px
So I've been thinking about coloring my hair a dusty/dirty pink for almost a year now, but I'm just so unsure if it will suit me. I have quite long and thick hair, it's a bit longer now than in my pic. I actually never wear it like that, I always braid it to make it easier to handle.

Will this kind of color only look good on the cool kids or cute asian girls? Cause I'm none of the above. If my hairdresser messes up, how easy will it be to get my natural haircolor back? Is it a good idea to bleach and dye hair as long as mine? Should I just cut my hair off? I'm a classic lolita, so I guess I'd have to start wearing wigs? You see, I'm already chickening out again. I guess what I want to know is, if somebody has any experiences with a color like that, if it looks good with my skin tone, etc. etc..
Thank you for your help, anons!
>>
>>9185016
It'll cost you a fair amount to do it professionally with a hairdresser who knows what they're doing and the without proper care the colour will fade fast. Also bleaching all your hair will change the texture as it were and make styling it a little bit more work. Just looking at your skintone, maybe a cooler more lavender colour would suit.

My advise is find a salon you trust and maybe have a consultation with a senior hairdresser and talk through exactly what you want. If it goes wrong and you hate it, its hair, it always grows back you its not the end of the world
>>
>>9185072
Not anon you replied to but this brings me to another point. I've never once been to a hairdresser who hasn't messed my hair up, even the simplest cuts. How do I find out which ones are decent? I've tried both cheap and expensive hairdressers but from what I've noticed the expensive ones don't seem to be much better at all. Although I've found most hairdressers just don't listen to you and do whatever, the worst experience I've had was definitely at the "alternative" hairdresser, who listened to what I said but had terrible technique. Help?
>>
>>9184173
I use coconut oil alone honestly. Weekly masks saturating my hair and scalp, wash twice to get rid of the oil using a super mild shampoo, air dry, then apply coconut oil to the last third or so in very small amounts to condition.

Ass length somewhat coarse hair for reference. Yours is fine so go very light on the oil (as in a drop rubbed on your palms then sorta brushed over/through the ends)
>>
>>9185072
I know going to a professional for consultation is the sanest advice, but like >>9185086 I also always have bad luck with hairdressers. The only one I trust is my aunt, but she lives 800km away for me, so regular touch-ups would be impossible with her.

Are you thinking about lilac undertones like in the bottom right picture, or straight up lilac? I love the almost peachy warm tones in the upper pictures, but I guess you're right, with my pinkish skin I'll end up looking like Miss Piggy. Thank you for your advice, I'm going to look up some hairdressers now!
>>
File: 9-salt-and-pepper-blunt-cut.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9-salt-and-pepper-blunt-cut.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>9182842
I have a haircut like pic related (i dont have a reference picture atm, but this is exactly the same) its dyed black right now and im thinking of dying it a deep emerald color. Is this a good idea with this type of cut? Ive being seeing a lot of people around recently with green hair, but like lime green which imo looks gross, I think darker is better. When imagine myself with this color i think of long shiny flowy mermaid hair, not short straight like mine is. Should i let it grow longer before i dye it? I want to but the same time im impatient and want it now! Should I do it at home or get it done at a salon? Also, the color is fine with my wardrobe since i mainly wear black and dark green anyway.
>>
>>9185119
What a tumblr-lookin' haircut.
>>
>>9185128
I dont like it, but my hair used to be a pixie cut and im still in the process of growing it super long again
>>
I have a question for the gulls that are hairdressers/familiair with bleach. I just went to a salon with pravanna copper in my hair wanting to go blonde. The stylist refused to do an all over bleaching and insisted on one round of heavy highlights yesterday and another round next week of the parts she missed.. is there any reason she couldn't do all over? I was too nervous to push it but the amount of hair not in the bleaching foils was pathetic, I have no idea why she couldn't do them as well. I paid $200 that visit and I guess now I have to pay another $200 to do the measly amount of hair she didn't highlight next week. Does this seem normal for people trying to go blonde?
>>
>>9185086
I look for reviews online, but mainly I go to a Japanese salon in town because most of the cuts and styles I want are from Japanese sites, plus I'm Asian so they're very used to the hair texture/styling of it. I've had the best experiences with this salon, a lot of the Chinese and Korean ones in my area don't speak enough English to give you exactly what you ask for and other salons (both cheap and expensive) often have no idea about the Japanese cuts and try to talk you out of it so they can do what they like on your hair. Being able to describe exactly what you want and how it works in hairdressing terms is pretty helpful as well, but by then you may as well cut your own hair or do their job for them.

The other thing is word of mouth - if you see someone with a cut you like stop them and ask where they get it done.

>>9185119
Depends if your hair will deal with the black being stripped and whatever bleach you might need to get the green in.

>>9185132
Yeah heaps of hairdressers will do this to previously dyed hair. I think it is to make sure that your hair will manage the bleaching as many people lie about how much processing their hair has had before and the condition of their hair (and then blame the hairdresser when their hair is too fried to take more colour and needs cutting off). Also after one round of foils they know how much bleach etc your hair needs as you can't tell based on texture/colour alone.
>>
What hair treatments would you gulls recommend for bleached and dyed hair that's feeling a bit dry? I know I'm not going to "repair" the damage but I want to to feel nicer. I've never had my hair feel this dry before and I've just tried Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner/egg and oil home treatment without much change in the texture.
>>
File: Jared-Leto-Joker-Suicide-Squad.jpg (185KB, 1444x930px) Image search: [Google]
Jared-Leto-Joker-Suicide-Squad.jpg
185KB, 1444x930px
What Directions dye would be the best for Joker green hair or should i mix some? Gonna bleach to near white blond so its gonna have a really bright foundation.
Irl Leto had very neon green hair. In the movie its probably darker due to colorcorretion.

Directions Spring Green seems to be quite Neon/Lime and Apple Green seems to be to much blue. Should i just use blue, yellow and black(?) to mix my own green? Or apple and spring?

I have very dark hair. If i bleach, can i directly dye my hair and after one week if most of the dye eventually has been washed out bleach it again? What things to consider when the hair was colored.
>>
File: applegreenhair.png (672KB, 739x835px) Image search: [Google]
applegreenhair.png
672KB, 739x835px
>>9187975
Apple Green is actually a pretty "true" green, imo and would work well for Joker hair in my opinion.

However, chances are most of the dye won't wash out in just a week and you probably shouldn't bleach it again that quickly.
>>
File: SS-05334rv2.jpg (157KB, 1600x1087px) Image search: [Google]
SS-05334rv2.jpg
157KB, 1600x1087px
>>9187993
thats good to hear.

How long should i at least wait until I bleach again? i'm going to use olaplex.

which brand in general is better: Directions or Manic Panic. and which of these two in particular when it comes to greens?
>>
File: hair.png (335KB, 658x321px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
335KB, 658x321px
Weird question but is it possible to have long hair but have it braided in a way that its shorter?
Idk if that's hard to understand but I assume you just make a braid wider so that hair is Fat and wide rather than skinny and long?
I just dont know how to go about trying this if its possible,
has anyone tried this ? If its possible or not, let me know
>>
>>9185119
if you're growing it out I'd suggest not bleaching it because that is quite damaging so could really hinder the hair growth especially because you're going from black
>>
>>9188014
doesnt all the hair you need for a braid has to be more or less the same length? wouldnt that mean hair more in front of the head has to be longer than the ones on the back if you want to make a really wide braid?
>>
>>9188014
You can do a more complex 4- or 6- strand box or round braid, knot or do tucked braids.
>>
>>9188004
>>9187975
Have you ever bleached or dyed your hair before? From the sounds of your questions I'm guessing you really have no fucking clue because there are a number of hair forums dedicated to unnatural hair colours that have most of your questions answered. I suspect you may end up giving yourself a chemical haircut before you even get near your desired white blond base and completely destroying your hair.
Why would you want to re bleach once the dye is fading anyway? You can dye over green, or use colour stripper. When you can re bleach is not a magical amount of time, it depends on the condition of your hair and whether you're just going to touch up your roots or do your whole head. At some point your hair will get too fried to manage further bleaching, whether this is after being bleached once or several times depends on a fuckload of factors like bleach strength, processing time, your general hair condition and resilience, etc etc. I will happily do two 30 min bleaching sessions with 30vol on my bangs in the same day knowing that'll get me to a yellow to light yellow blonde from very dark brown and that it won't be too fried for the dye to stick, but I've also been DIY-ing various shades of blue, purple, pink, teal, and red on my hair since I was a wannabe mallgoth teenager and have never had my hair get to the overprocessed chewing gum or breaking stage because I lurked, researched, and did test strands with the shed hair I get from my hairbrush to see what would happen to it with the chemicals I was wanting to use.
>>
>>9182853
Messy waves can be achieved with a perm. You'll want to ask for a 'body wave'. Spiral perms can also give the same messy look. (Spiral perms often relax much quicker than a regular perm.)

The hardest part would be to find someone who can actually do a perm properly.

You can perm dyed hair. You can even perm bleached hair. However, if you decide to lighten your hair after perming, you cannot use bleach or high-lift dyes; it will destroy your hair.

And when you dye permed hair, the dye will always catch a level or two darker than the normal level one might expect from dye.
>>
>>9184173
I suggest Joico's K-Pak products if you use a lot of heat tools and dye. Joico's products contain real human hair keratin as opposed to other off-brands that contain keratin derived from animal products. The reconstructor is fabulous.

However, too much keratin will also cause breakage. If this the case, try Nexxus Humectress conditioner; you can leave this in over night. I have used it to repair extreme brittleness on clients who were addicted to those straightening treatments (Brazilian blowout). I like the GVP version, it's based off the old formula.

If neither of those work or you are experiencing extreme damage from dye, ApHogee's 2 step protein treatment is the biggest gun you can pull out. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ApHogee's product is definitely the most complicated of all the solutions.
>>
>>9184173
I'll also add those products will help if your hair is just naturally thin and brittle without dye. I suggest trying the Humectress first if you don't dye/style.
>>
>>9185132
It's because she did not want to charge you 400-800$ up front. The simple fact is most people would be completely unwilling to pay the cost of an all-over bleach. The time and amount of product used creates an abnormally high price point. Would you have paid... say 600 dollars?

Bleaching from copper to blonde all over would count as color correction.

Lying about 'hair dye' is not an issue. Any proper hair dresser would know to do a swatch test on several sections before beginning the bleaching process.

That's one reason. The other reason is many hairdressers are scared to death of all-over bleach and color correction because it is beyond their skill. They get too stressed out by it.
>>
File: ca78f2931f0ac2144f0714d474e3ede2.jpg (161KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ca78f2931f0ac2144f0714d474e3ede2.jpg
161KB, 768x1024px
>>9188538
First, i have thick short hair. like pic related just with a little bit longer sides.
I will of course do a srands test with everything i'm going to use.
The reason for dying it twice is that my hair is nearly black and its not going to be pale blond in one step. I want the colours to really come out and make it white as well, not only sticking to joker green. Therefore bleaching as bright as possible.
I only wanted to colour it inbetween to not look like an idiot with orange-yellow hair. The time inbetween to give my hair a rest.
I'm going to use an professional bleaching powder and developer with only 6% to not burn my scalp even if that means it will take more steps or take longer, as well as Olaplex to protect it a little bit.

I really just wanted to ask questions I couldnt finde answers so far.
>>
I'm 21 and I have really oily hair, and my hair has been falling out in the shower the past 4 months or so which gave me a bit of a bald spot behind my bangs. My hairdresser says it's because of my oily scalp and that I should wash my hair several times when I wash it daily, would it help with my hair loss?
>>
>>9188695
4chan is by no means a place where you should ask for medical advice, so i'll just give you the opinion i've formed from browsing the internet.

that sounds really fucking weird. usually oily hair is caused by washing it too much with too harsh shampoos. have you tried using a mild shampoo? washing daily is also too much for some hair, causing it to overproduce oil to compensate.
>>
>>9188695
Ive never heard of oiliness making hair fall out. Please go to a doctor anon, things like that can be a sign of some underlying condition. Have you looked into alopecia and it's causes and treatments?
>>
>>9188695
Washnig your hair to often is likely causing the oil, so lets not ruin your life by making that issue worse. I cant see how oily scalp turns into hair loss, because that isnt really related. Dont ask hairdresses medical advice lol.

Look into your health, check your diet and other stuff because it sounds like its bigger than you think.
>>
>>9188721
I live in a really hot humid country so I feel like I have to wash daily or my hair just gets plain nasty and feels so bad. I even want to wash my hair twice daily because I legitimately hate having my hair so oily... I think I've tried washing less too but I'm not sure it worked that well.
>>9188741
I'd go to a dermatologist but I'm a poor ass student who can't really afford to go myself, my folks just think "oh it's because you sleep too late" and shrug it off so I've been trying to find a solution by myself. It's honestly not that bad, my hair is just thinner than it used to be and my scalp is a bit visible, but it makes me really self conscious.
>>9188770
I've read that DHT(?) in hair sebum causes hair loss, which is why I've been religiously cleaning the shit out of my hair every day. It really sucks being a greasy ass motherfucker. I'll try to visit a doctor about this sometime. Thanks guys.
>>
>>9184833
A wet set with rollers, wet sets rather than heat sets last a lot longer
>>
>>9188827
Alopecia can be caused by your immune system not recognising things in the body that are meant to be there, and so attacking them as if they are a bad thing - in this case, the hair follicles. This can be a sign that you have an underlying autoimmune problem, such as hyperthyroidism. If you explain to your parents that it is possibly a symptom of something serious instead of just a bit of hair loss would they pay for you to see a doctor? It can also be caused by stress and other stuff too, do you have any symptoms other than the hair loss? Also try not to worry about this too much, for most people alopecia does go away and whatever is causing it can usually be treated, I'm not trying to scare you! But it is best to get checked out by a medical professional just in case :)
>>
>>9188863
I'll definitely explain clearly to my parents to let me see a doctor. I've been losing weight from dieting in the past year, that might be the cause? But thank you for the kind words, Anon, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>9188903
>losing weight from dieting in the past year
Have you been doing it in a healthy way? Malnutrition can cause hair loss, and there is a type (called telogen effluvium) that can be caused by crash dieting because its a shock to the system. That usually causes general hair thinning rather than patches lost though. It's definitely worth looking at your diet to make sure you are getting enough protein and nutrients etc. The UK NHS page about hair loss is quite a good place to look for info, but yeah if you can try to persuade your parents. Good luck, hope it all goes well
www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hair
>>
>>9188969
I think I have, I've been dieting by cutting calories/carbs, so I don't think it's the case. I might not be getting enough nutrients maybe, I'll see a doctor (or a dermatologist?) and see what they say about it. Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_0963.jpg (603KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0963.jpg
603KB, 1536x2048px
Sorry to selfpost, but I'm looking for some haircut help. So about a week ago I got bangs, which have not been flattering on me at ALL (pic related). I look like a long triangle. If anyone has some advice on what needs to be fixed for when I eventually go back for another trim (at a new salon) or like, if I'm beyond saving with bangs even. Pictures with some bang inspo would be extremely appreciated, too.
>>
File: IMG_0964.jpg (530KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.jpg
530KB, 1536x2048px
>>9189190
My face shape without bangs, for reference. I'm ugly but I'm trying
>>
>>9189193
You have quite a short forehead, and your face looks like it might be diamond....pretty much you got the most unflattering bangs possible, how did your hairdresser let you? Try doing a 70/30 side part with your bangs and growing them out enough to be side bangs
>>
>>9185016
I wear sweet and just did something very similar, but went a little darker to minimize bleaching. I really love it, but it does fade fast. I'm already looking for home color I can use to touch it up and it's only been a couple weeks. I think it'll look cute on you! But I don't know how good it'll look with classic.

I hesitated for about 2 months regarding whether I should do it or not and I was really happy when I finally did it! I think you should try just dyeing pink over your natural colour first and see how you like it. As I mentioned earlier, the colour really doesn't last long, so if you don't like it, it won't be there long! My hair is darker than yours and still came out looking very rosy. Your hair looks really healthy and nice, and the upkeep on bleached hair is horrendous. I'd only bleach it if you really thought you needed to.
>>
I'm an idiot and didn't know how to tease hair/get volume with my extremely straight and fine hair, but I found this video helpful and straightforward, even if the hairstyle shown was somewhat outdated. I hope it helps someone else as well
https://youtu.be/lsl5wMevaQw
>>
>>9189193
U can always try string braids if u can pull it off maintenance isn't hard
>>
>>9185016
I've dyed my hair dusty pink twice and my natural color is a little darker than your hair color and my skin tone is fairer than your skin tone. I think dusty pink can be flattering on a lot of skin tones and it should look very nice on you.

First I recommend bleaching your hair. If you add pink to your natural color is will make your hair color look more strawberry blonde/brown. The lower the developer you use the less damage it will do to your hair. but the less it will lighten your hair. You'll probably need to use a toner to take out the residual brassy color too. You can use a semi-permanent pink to see how you'll like it. It will probably fade within a week though. Dyes with reds have always faded fast for me and they leave a strange after-color. I only use dusty pink on my holidays and maintain blonde hair after the color fades. As you can see from the woman in the top right's picture, it's about time for her to recolor her roots. It looks like she's enjoying her pink color for a week, then once it fades she'll bleach her roots and quickly bleach whatever orange-ish leftover pink is in her hair.

You should totally do it, but deep conditioner your hair and don't wash it a few days before you bleach. You'll need to tone it with maybe a blue toner, then the next day or so dye it pink. It will take more time with long hair so the hairdresser is a very good idea. They might be scared to bleach your hair though because it is damaging.

Since you seem hesitant I'd say try it on the tips of your hair and see how your hair takes the damage. You can always cut it off and it will grow back. I also think it has the potential to look nice in classic if it's a soft pink, but if you're not confident in it use a wig.
>>
>>9189394
Thank you so much, do you happen to have a before and after picture of your hair? Only if you're comfortable sharing it, of course.
Bleaching is what I'm most scared about, since although I have a lot of hair (my hairdressers are always complaining), the single hairs are very thin. This already makes it really hard to handle, so if bleaching makes this problem even worse, I might reconsider my dream of rosy goodness.

>>9191556
Thank you for your detailed answer, I really appreciate it! I actually tried dying my tips with Bleach London rose, but it was almost unnoticable. I'm thinking of leaving it on longer the next time, maybe this will result in a stronger result. I'm honestly afraid of bleaching it, so I think a hairdresser is a good idea.

Might you be willing to share a picture of your hair? I'm always looking for inspiration!
>>
File: IMG_2002.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2002.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Has anyone had luck finding a hairdresser that does this type of braid extensions outside of Japan? I'm starting to think it's a Japan-only thing
>>
>>9192377
Japan town in San Francisco has a few hairstylist that will do it.
>>
>>9192377
That looks painful.
>>
>>9192708
Whoops, should've mentioned Germany/Europe sorry. But that's good to know if I ever go there!

>>9192713
It's not painful at all actually. I like how it's secure but can be easily removed.
>>
>>9192377
they do this kind of extensions in hong kong/taiwan
>>
File: IMG_1572.jpg (320KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1572.jpg
320KB, 1080x1920px
The weirdest thing started happening to me this past month or two.

I have very thick, straight hair. Naturally straight, and super soft. I've never used heat on it or dyed it. I usually just leave it down, and I air dry it.
I pulled this CRAZY thick, kinky, almost black hair out of my head. It was the same length as all my other hair, but it seriously looked like horse hair.
I started noticing more and more hairs. None quite like the first one, but a bunch that are a little kinky and thicker than usual.
Does anyone know what this is? It's driving me crazy to the point where I'm literally pulling my hair out. I've become obsessed with it.

Pic related is my hair.
>>
>>9189190
I think it looks fine
>>
>>9185016
My sister dyes her hair regulairy in many colors. It will fade fast, but the dyeing isn't hard if you have good dye.

I would recommend getting your hair professionally bleached as that is the most damaging part. Dyeing with such a thick hair can be hard, but maybe you know someone who can help you. It's pretty much makre sure it's well putt on all your hair, wait for a certain amount of time, shower. You might have to do it every two weeks to tough up the color, but if you do your research first and buy good dye you should be able to do it at home.

I also think that with your hair is perfect for this color, but I'm a little bit worried about your skin and it either looks amazing or you look like you're all pink. Almost all girls with pink or purple hair I see have a yellow based skin.
>>
>>9184127
Requires prep and length, but if it's long enough, how about a twistout in twin-tails? Keep them lower on your head for more casual looks. If you twist away from your face consistently, you can create a sort of ringlet effect.

Also, a full picked-out afro with a big hairbow at the side is gorgeous.

It's more for classic, but an authentic Victorian afro style would be parting it down the centre, then rolling the sides up and away from your face (in a slight victory-roll style), and securing with a hair comb or a thick clip.
>>
My hair is falling out from stress and im taking biotin for it. Any ither tips or recommendations?
>>
Will I look like an edge lord if I get a small undercut? My hairline is disgusting and the baby hairs won't stay pinned up, let alone in a ponytail. I don't want to have to put hairspray in my hair every time I need it in a ponytail.

>>9193795
If you have to put your hair back, try braiding it or putting it up losely. I felt like that aggravated my stress induced hair loss
>>
>>9193082
I've got the same thing going on; not sure what causes it, though.
>>
>>9185016

I dye my own hair with jerome russel pink toner I bleach it first with jerome russel you buy the bleach liquid and the bleach powder seperate I leave it on for the maximum development time and hope it comes out white and then wait 24h before dying it pink I leave the pink dye on for at least 2h and it lasts well your hair is thick and long so you will need 4 bottles or maybe more to get the result.

I think its a lovely shade of pink it lasts well if you leave it in for ages and doesnt rub off on my pillows ive never had any negative comments about my hair im white british.

I would also add to not use conditioner between bleaching and dying your hair will look frizzy and awful for 24h but the colour will stick much better
>>
>>9193795
Going through the same, I found inverted scalp massages really helpful as well as what >>9193803 recommended with less tension causing protective styles.
>>
>>9194250
>>9193803
Thank you for all the help.currently im limiting washing my hair 2 or 3 times a week. Cold water only. Also i try not to brush my hair. I put my hair up only when i go to work. I will try the head massages, ive only used biotin for a few weeks and im still waiting to see results. Thank you so much I'm very greatful for all the tips.
>>
I've starting loosing hair lately, and I don't know why.
Every time I shower, no matter how gentle I am, I always get a lot of hairs stuck on my hands when I condition.
I've noticed that my hair is getting thinner and thinner, not at a super fast rate, but it's happening, and there's a spot where it's pretty bad.

It's not super noticeable yet, it's mostly that I can feel it, but I don't know what to do about it
I think it might be lack of vitamins or something.

Have anyone tried any supplements that they felt worked good? Or any other methods to prevent hair loss?
I already use heat as little as possible, and try to shower as few times a week as I can without my hair being super disgusting
>>
>>9194398
Have a look at the advice that was given to the other anon in the thread losing hair >>9188863 >>9188969
>>
>>9194398
I recommend to use a shower cap so you can bathe everyday.
>>
>>9194398
You can try using literal baby shampoo (it's not as expensive as you think) -- no. not the 'neutral 0% perfume 0% parabens shampoo. Actual baby shampoo Johnson's brand or whatever.

It worked wonders for my dandruff problem (dandruff was also causing hair loss. It was a very recognisable problem as it wasn't regular dandruff but thick white flakes up to the size of a wristwatch's dial) before that I didn't really belive in 'modern shampoos are too agressive' but within like 2 weeks of using, dandruff and hair loss went to more or less nil.
>>
>>9194490
Thanks, didn't actually check trough the thread because I'm a lazy prick... In hindsight I should have at least used ctrl+f to see if anyone had mentioned anything similar haha

>>9194626
I don't see how that would help? My body gets dirty about the same rate as my hair, so I don't feel the need to shower because of that, and if I do I just tie my hair up and just wash my body

>>9194689
I think I might have the exact same dandruff problem as you..

I've gotten an oil that I was supposed to use for like 4 weeks or something, which worked great, but as soon as I stopped using it, the problem came back.

I've tried a bunch of different shampoos actually, but never baby shampoo. Might try it out! Thanks for the tip!!
>>
>>9194398
Could be B12 deficiency.
>>
File: hair.png (16KB, 504x503px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
16KB, 504x503px
Okay, so, please excuse my terrible drawings, I hope someone can kinda make sense of them.
My bangs looks like on the pictures above, but I feel like they're too thick, and I would rather have them be like the picture below
How would be the best way to do that? If I part them that way, some of the hair is too short..
Is there an easy way to do it?
I know this is super vague because I'm not sure myself what I should be asking, so if this entire post sounds retarded, feel free to ignore me..
>>
>>9195542
You can't, you already cut the hairs short; just wait till it grows and part it that way.
>>
>>9193803
I have an undercut, no one notices it even with my hair up.
>>
Asking here because I don't know where else to ask. Recently a friend of mine commented that my hairline in my neck is really weird, as in it grows very low onto my neck? I never really thought about it or noticed because you don't tend to look at your own neck very often. But my friend was like "it looks weird and manly" and I don't know if I should do anything about it? I've never heard of anyone waxing their neck or something. Should/can I do something about it??
>>
>>9194398
I'm in the same boat, but I'm thinking I'm going to see my main doctor about it. I talked to another one of my specialists about it thinking it was a side effect of meds I was on, and they suggested it could even be too MANY vitamins (I definitely take a lot). I'm going to get tested to see what my nutrition levels are.
>>
>>9195600
If you've never noticed before, don't worry about it now.
>>
>>9195600
I think that's kinda normal, especially if you have kinda darker hair
You can wax it, I've seen a lot of videos where they're waxing the neck area.

I personally think it's kinda rude of your friend to put it like that, even if she thinks that, it's easily something you can get very insecure about, and friends should be the ones to tell you that it's nothing wrong with it.
Like, sure, point it out, but to say that "it looks weir and manly" is not something I'd be happy if my friends said about me.

Sorry, I got a bit sidetracked. Either way, Look up waxing if you feel really bothered by it. Or just don't wear your hair up. Or just don't give a shit, because why put money, effort and thought into something that won't even be visible to you.
>>
>>9195600

I am personally envious of people with low hair lines. I think it was mildly rude of your friend to think it's 'manly' and it's a weird and arbitrary thing anyways just like my weird arbitrary low hairline preference.

(for reference I'm a girl, and I'm constantly worrying about receding hairlines everywhere so that's why I like low hairlines, which is weird but w/e)
>>
>>9195600
That's normal, your friend's a bitch though.
>>
File: 20160124_000402.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_000402.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
advice pls

should I get bangs or no

i feel like covering my forehead might be good
>>
>>9195811
I would say go for it, I think it would flatter you. But be careful, you seem to have very thin hair and you don't want a stringy mess of bangs. I think maybe do long sideswept bangs to start to see if you'd like them would be a good idea, so that in case you don't it'll be a relatively short wait for them to grow back out.
>>
File: tumblr_oc0u2eAaXD1r1ywiio1_1280.jpg (306KB, 1242x1281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc0u2eAaXD1r1ywiio1_1280.jpg
306KB, 1242x1281px
Jumping on the bang train.

I set up an appointment with a stylist for Tuesday and I fully intend to take the plunge and finally get bangs. I definitely don't have the ideal hair for it but my issue is when most people hear "I want bangs" they think I want the straight blunt kind or something, which I think is really cute but desu I think all bangs are cute.

So! Does anyone have pictures of wavy bangs/girls with natural bangs that aren't perfectly straight? Please nothing too styled I'm trying to find photos of frizzier/wavier bangs to show the stylist to show that I'm not trying for the Zoey Deschanel look, I just want cute messy bangs. (Pic related)
>>
>>9186714
olaplex
>>
>>9195829
Seconding this! I've been wanting bangs but also have frizzy prone curly hair. I used to just rock fuzz poof side swept bangs.
>>
>>9195829
While this girl has straighter hair, it's very thick and kind of wavy and the side bang looks really flattering on her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r7VsamJ-No
>>
>>9195600
I'd look into getting rid of your friend, should clear your problem right up.
>>
>>9195937
Same hair type, I eventually just gave up and got clip ins. No regrets.
>>
>>9196355
Any recommendations?
>>
>>9195811
Rethinking your brow shape choices might be good
>>
>>9189190
i dont think it looks bad but id suggest you play with eyebrow shapes. sometimes that can make a big difference with how your face shape appear. also try to let the sides of your bangs grow out so theyll appear softer and wont stand out so much.... just an option. i think you look fine
>>
File: Photo on 9-24-16 at 10.33 PM.jpg (66KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 9-24-16 at 10.33 PM.jpg
66KB, 640x426px
>>9198170
oh yeah that pic's kind of old. just wanted to pick one quick that showed my hair well

just snapped this one on my webcam for a current brow :)
>>
>>9198237
they look very over plucked and blocky, as if drawn on, and also a bit uneven.

Your face would suit a grown out brow if you can manage it. You'd suit a long side bang imo
>>
>>9195859
Yeah fair enough. Was hoping for something a bit cheaper but I suppose that's my next step given that generic "deep conditioning" isn't helping.
>>
I really want to go lighter blonde, but my hair is very dark and kind of dry/fragile right now from a few bad dyes and I want to get it to feel healthier before I actually go for such a drastic change. Does anyone have any tips on healing dyed hair? It's pretty dry and I get split ends really easily.
>>
>>9198558
whenever i try to grow my brows out they look bad :(
>>
>>9198237
>>9195818
thanks for the advice, guys

gonna give bangs a try I think
>>
>>9198573
The only thing that can "heal" hair is olaplex, the rest of the deep conditioning, protein treatments etc. just make it feel nicer
>>
Anyone here with Japanese chemical straightening experience?
>>
Has anyone gotten their hair dyed at Candye Syrup in Harajuku? Or any other recommendations for good salons in Tokyo? I want to get my hair dyed while I'm there and love what I've seen from Candye Syrup
>>
>>9198850
>implying they look good now
They can't get much worse lol
>>
>>9199522
Don't do it, it damages your hair and at worst fries is. Get a brazilian keratin treatment. It doesn't last as long though, especially in humid weather and if u wash your hair a lot. If you can afford to keep it up though, its totally worth it.
>>
>>9202359
Fuck off, don't insult people who are brave enough to show their face in here.
>>
File: 1436239593326.jpg (175KB, 1183x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1436239593326.jpg
175KB, 1183x1078px
>>9202560
First of all, this is 4chan, not tumblr. If you don't want to get insulted, don't show of your ugly ass eyebrows.

Second of all, you're not brave for posting your face on the internet. Most people who posts blurs out their faces, and this anon posted, not once, but twice. I mean, that's just kinda cringey.
>>
>>9195600
I always found nape hairs to be quite cute , especially when the hair is worn up. Don't take what your friend said to heart
>>
File: 1460536989930.jpg (631KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1460536989930.jpg
631KB, 720x715px
Going to be dying my hair soon but I wash my hair every three days, which I know isn't a good idea if I want to keep the colour. Are there any seagull-friendly guides around on how to build your hair up to a process where you wash your hair once a week?

For reference I use Aussie's three step Miracle Moist, although I am obviously aware I'll have to switch to a colour shampoo once I eventually do dye it. Last washed my hair on Sunday night and tonight, Wednesday, it's looking pretty lank.
>>
>>9202603
Basically you use dry shampoo when your hair starts being super greasy and lank rather than fully washing your hair that day.
Dye often dries your hair out so sometimes you'll stretch out washing that way anyway.
>>
>>9202576
"This is 4chan" is not an excuse to be a fucking asshole. And it IS brave to show your face when you know scum like you will insult you.
>>
>>9202639
Sorry you can't handle the truth or criticism. You'll understand one day
>>
>>9199522
I used to get them all the time throughout high school, and got one again recently. What do you want to know?
>>
>>9202639
>"This is 4chan" is not an excuse to be a fucking asshole
Sure, but you shouldn't expect everyone to be nice. 4chan is good because people are actually honest. That's what a lot of people like about it, compared to tumblr. If it's not your thing, you can just leave.

>when you know scum like you will insult you.
If you know that and you cant handle it, why would you post in the first place? lol
>>
Im getting my hair trimmed in a few days, but they tend to ask me if i want to do anything with my fringe to which I usually just keep it the same as the rest of my hair because im scared of chopping it and having a crap fringe.
I'm round faced so from previous experiences blunt choppy fringes are a no go, but I want something that could look nice when I have my hair back in a ponytail.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>9203408
A side fringe?
>>
>>9202639
you wanted hair advice and we saw your overplucked, spock-like eyebrow hair and told you how to fix it. don't get butthurt now.
>>
>>9195542
I have bangs just like that also very thick. I'm currently growing them out till they reach my lip to chin area than I'm going to get them cut.
>>
Forgive me, but I don't see any upthread. Could you guys link me to some of your favorite websites for haircut examples? I love Rasya, but I use it every single time.
>>
>>9203408
Seconding side fringe.

>>9205803
Have you tried http://www.beauty-box.jp?
>>
My hairdresser kept commenting how porous my hair was but didnt recommend anything. She honestly wasnt a good one and i felt as if she rushed because she wanted to get out as soon they closed.
Do you guys have any recommendations? I use to invest in paul mitchel tea tree but im thinking about trying the hydrating one becasue i believe thats what i need help with?
Recently ive been using Tsubaki damange repair and a while back was using Redkin in the green bottle which seems to have been renamed/reformulated or someting.
I dont mind buying salon or higher end as long as its not $90 for 3oz as i have long hair that reaches my waist.
Im looking for suggestions of shampoo, conditioners and treatments. I only straighten my bangs and never curl my hair so heat protectors arent really a think im looking into
>>
>>9206129
I use the paul mitchell one. It's pretty nice! I couldn't tell you whether it's better or worse than the others but I've been using it for a while now and I have no complaints.
>>
Help Request: Lolita hair w/out bangs? I have really long natural hair and figured I could curl it somehow. My dress is a bit of a lacemonster and I'll be wearing a flower comb in my hair, so I'm not sure if braids/buns/etc would be the most appropriate for something so formal.
>>
File: just an idea.jpg (89KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
just an idea.jpg
89KB, 400x581px
>>9206412
Go the Fanny Rosie route and do rag curls. She has bang-less long hair so if you look her up on tumblr or instagram you might get some hair inspo,
Braids and buns can work, and there are certainly very intricate and fancy updos that can be done with them but it depends on how good you are at doing your own hair.
>>
>>9194398
How many raw/minimally cooked/fresh veggies are you getting every day? How nutritionally-dense are your daily meals? My mom-in-law was losing a lot of hair after gastric bypass surgery, and she noticed it coming in thick again after eating an avocado every day for a couple of weeks. Supplements are greatly boosted by the food you eat everyday, too!
>>
I've always wanted to get a hairstyle like this because I think it's adorable but I'm afraid it's gonna make my face look big because I have huge cheeks and thin asian hairstyles don't really translate to thick western hair like mine.
>>
>>9202603
theres often types of shampoo specifically for dyed hair which is less harsh on the hair than normal shampoos, try looking around for them!
>>
File: Untitled.png (526KB, 467x587px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
526KB, 467x587px
I'm planning on getting my hair cut to this on Friday. I figured it would be good since it already matches my hair texture and it falls the same way. My friend told me that all I'd have to do is shape my hair, but I'm not quite sure what she meant by that? Does anyone here have an idea of what she meant?

Also how long does it usually take for red demi dye to fade out of virgin black hair?
>>
>>9206769
I think buying some product and putting it in your hair is what they mean. Just show the pic to the hairdresser, ask them for advice, and watch how they style it.

>9194398
You could have a thyroid problem. Go tell your doctor. That's what happened to me.
>>
I bleached my hair to ice blonde then when white with some "virgin snow" from manic panic. My roots started growing out and I was tired of the white so I went red with some box color. I followed all of the directions, but my red washed out to an ugly faded pinky-orange. So I did it again with a different brand. Now it's washing out (after two washes with Redkin Color Extend) to the exact same color!!! What should I do? Should I go brown first then red?
>>
>>9206747
You risk coconut head hair and moon face if you have thick hair and big cheeks. Honestly anything finishing at cheek length is terrible for large cheeks. Why not get a slightly longer version of this (like chin or above shoulder length) and get the stylist to thin out and layer your hair so it can sit nicely? You can probably rock those bangs with most face shapes but from the sounds of things you need a longer length cut.
>>
>>9202603
Do you have any sauce of the girl in the middle row on the left
>>
>>9206925
Go to a good hairdresser.
>>
>>9206925
Stop using box dye and go see a hairdresser. It sounds like you've fried your hair to the point where it's so porous no colour will stay in it. If you have no good hairdressers around I would consider trying another semi permanent dye (Manic Panic or SFX) rather than box permanents, as if you do that again you're probably risking a chemical haircut
>>
>>9185128
someone is triggered here I see
>>
File: the many faces of evil.png (666KB, 716x598px) Image search: [Google]
the many faces of evil.png
666KB, 716x598px
I'm trying to find a hairstyle and colour that fits my face best. Pic related is all the styles I've tried over the past 3 years. Top left is my current. My face looks chubby when its long but I look like a little boy when its short. I've no idea what would look best.
>>
>>9184597
It just looks like two braids rolled up vertically and pinned. I do something similar by rolling the braid up sideways and tucking the end into the 'cinnamon buns', letting the hair stay up with tension.
>>
>>9188014
Make your sections larger and looser at the top of the baid than the bottom
>>
>>9207645
You have an interesting face. I also look totaly different from every angle. I like that you've been so xperimental but the basic blonde top right and bottom left look cute and versatile. You can always pin the hair up change it up.
>>
>>9207690
That's the same thing my mother told me. Thank you! I'll probably let my hair grow and see how I feel with long brown hair.
>>
>>9184173
My hair is super fine, waist length and also tends to be oily so it took me a while to find anything that didn't gunk up my hair. Currently I'm using a (I think loreal? I'll check if anyone wants) leave in conditioner/mask around once or twice a week which makes my hair way more managable, plus if my ends are looking dry I'll rub in some hair oil after a shower while it's still damp (only at the ends though). Also introducing heat protective spray to my hair styling routine has made a massive difference since I regularly curl my hair.
>>
File: 1442564569864.jpg (32KB, 370x350px) Image search: [Google]
1442564569864.jpg
32KB, 370x350px
>>9206625
.. Pretty much no veggies at all.. Might be that.
I don't have that much money, so I don't really prioritize veggies, and where I live, avocados are super expensive. They can be around $2 per avocado, which would cost me $60 a month for just avocados..
I wish I could afford that but I really cant, can barely afford cheap crappy food.
Oh well. I guess I'll just have to accept going bald lol
>>
>>9207746
You should go to a doctor if you can, and let them know. When my hair started coming out, it turned out that I was hypothyroid. If you also feel fatigued and sleepy all the time, it might be that.
>>
File: 1474251915123.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474251915123.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>9207746
You can accept it, or you can shop around. I believed that meme for soooooo long! Every time I tried to eat healthy, that was the first thing people would tell me. And if I went to Wal-Mart and tried to buy veggie trays or already-made healthy stuff, I'd be broke in a week. Then I started looking at lentils, and beans, and rice, and stuff on sale every week. The subreddit EatCheapAndHealthy really helped me see it was possible. Have you tried grocery outlets? Asian/foreign markets? The world is yours, the choice is up to you! I know you can find a better way, something that works perfectly for you. I believe in you!! Good luck!
>>
Can anyone recommend a good blue black non damaging hair dye that won't bleed like crazy? A little bit of bleeding is ok, but when i dyed my hair last with arctic fox I got caught in some slight drizzle (just on the way to the car, not even one minute of walking) and got blue all over my seat because I didn't realize that it would bleed so badly if it got even slightly damp. I'm kind of hoping for something that won't absolutely kill my hair and also won't destroy everything around me if I so much as sweat a little. Thank you in advance!
>>
>>9208251
Honestly I'd recommend going to a hair dresser if you don't want to fuck your hair up. I dyed my hair every colour under the sun with box dye when I was in hs and had to cut it all off because it was so damaged. Professional dye will last longer and look nicer desu.
>>
>>9207645
The short hair makes your face look longer and not in a flattering way. You look best in the graduation photo, wavy layers flatter your face shape and soften them into a more feminine look. You look like a healthy Ophelia, don't go down her path.
>>
What's a good daily hairstyle for a sweet Lolita with thin hair? What kind of haircut should I get?(I'm assuming bangs are a no-go?) my hair is slightly wavy and just above my boobs, for reference.
>>
>>9209133
Don't get layers, you'all want your hair to look as thick as possible. Bangs are fine, but the fullness of them will be limited. As for style, it depends on your face shape.
>>
>>9207645
It looks like when you've had it longer you haven't necessarily had the most face-flattering shaping. I'd go for the length in top right with the layers in bottom left.

>>9209133
How thin is thin? I would recommend not getting layers, trimming some length and if you want bangs then longer side bangs/partial bangs. beauty-box has some longer haircut inspiration.
>>
>>9208328
Using box dyes and likely bleaching it is what killed your hair, not the dyes itself. You dont need a hair dresser to get blue hair, especially once you do the initial bleaching.

Anyways there is no way to avoid the initial bleeding of these dyes. They say that cold water helps trap the color but some bleeding at first is normal. The extra dye on your scalp will cause bleeding and they usually reccomend waiting a few days before washing your hair after dying to get the color to set. Its partly the color too, some colors will bleed more than others if its heavily pigmented.
>>
Where do I buy brushes for applying color in Tokyo? I can't seem to find any and I badly need to touch up my roots.
>>
Tips on getting big, swishy ponytails like this?

Obviously you want long hair as a base, I have medium length now and am planning on growing it out, but I feel like even with longer hair my ponies are so sad? Do extensions help?
>>
>>9213360
Thick wavy hair and maybe some long layers. My hair has always been like that but I think it's just the fluffy texture, is your hair thin/ straight? In that case they might, and some layers for movement. Bangs obviously thin out the hair that would be in a pony but it depends how much you have in the first place.
>>
>>9213370
Also mousse. Mousse is great for light fluffy waves.
>>
>>9213370
My hair is actually coarse and naturally curly. Even with long hair, my ponytail ends up looking like a little pyramid. Obviously curls make the hair appear shorter than it is. Haven't tried using mousse, though. Thanks for the response!
>>
>>9213333
That's my point. Box dye will fuck your hair.
>>
>>9213360
>>9213370
>>9213375
Actually a ponytail like JLo's is deceptively hard work if you don't have naturally thick and wavy hair. JLo has naturally quite curly hair so she would've had to have it blow-waved or straightened to start with, possibly with the ends then placed in large curlers to give the softer wave and curl you can see in the pony tail - of course you'd be using your serum or product at this point to help your hair stay in that curl. After that's all 'set', then you tie your hair up and possibly blow wave it over a round brush some more to get the volume just right
>>
>>9202367
I'm a pretty broke college student. The keratin treatment is appealing because it's much less damaging and still allows your hair to retain some body, but I don't think I can afford to keep it up.... Is there anything in between at ALL?

>>9203297
Basically as above, I guess I just want some more information about like how bad for your hair it really is and how genuinely inflexible it is once you get it done, like I love how low maintenance it makes your hair afterwards and how it really is permanent, but I hate the idea that if I ever wanted waves or body or curls or anything I wouldn't even be able to use styling tools to make it happen or something.
Apparently there is a 'hybrid' treatment but I haven't found any significant information on it so it might just be bs from a certain stylist for more money.
>>
>>9189190
I think these look loads better than the bangs I normally see? It's not like they're too short/tumblr-y or anything. I would really consider just leaving them if I were you anon. Try playing with your eyebrows like someone else said and give them two weeks or so to grow in a little
>>
>>9192377
seconding a request for this info but in washington state
>>
I love scene and fairy-kei fashion, so I went and got my hair cut into an asian mullet. I really wish I could dye my hair, but I have a job that doesn't allow it, so I'm in the market for some affordable, kickass hair extensions.

Anyone have any recommendations?
>>
File: 1468959099800.png (2MB, 1125x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1468959099800.png
2MB, 1125x1800px
>>9203786
That wasn't me..... that was a different anon

Good luck with that inner rage bruh
>>
>>9202359
>>9202576
post pic of yourself :^)
>>
File: XdkPivg.jpg (331KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
XdkPivg.jpg
331KB, 5000x5000px
>>9217320
>>
>>9193082
You're hair is going to turn grey. The first step is that hair gets darker and thicker. It can also curl more or less than other hair. Then it changes to grey. I started life as a blonde, went to a dark brown and have patches of silver... I'm in my late twenties. I found my first grey at fifteen.
>>
>>9218362
Huh, I started going grey at 10 but I've just recently started discovering these crinkly hairs (at 29). Could it be a hormonal thing, I wonder?
>>
>>9195829
I really like the bangs in that pic
I recently cut bangs with curly hair, pic attached
>>
>>9213360
Ponytail extensions from vpfashion, man.
>>
>>9192377
They do it in Brazil
>>
File: 1437904971740.gif (1MB, 395x326px) Image search: [Google]
1437904971740.gif
1MB, 395x326px
>>9218362
Eh, I've had weird patches of hair for years and haven't got any greys. I think it's just a pigment thing.
The same way that people who are lacking in melanin in certain patches get really fine, shitty hairs; Maybe more melanin results in coarser hairs.

I've gone from platinum-blonde (pink) hair to one coat of box black which has mostly faded out to a gross ashy tone - Now I'm going to let it grow for six months, bleach the shit out of it and make it silver.

W-wish me luck.
>>
>>9218524
Looks good anon!
>>
File: IMG_kla1e2.jpg (192KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_kla1e2.jpg
192KB, 720x1280px
I'm looking for suggestions on my next haircut! I've been growing it out from a short bob but everything I seem to do is really unflattering and I regret it. I used to have bangs but I'm not sure if growing them out like this is doing any favors for my forehead, either.
>>
>>9219389
Hey anon, it's often not the case that bangs are a no go for someone, more the particular style of bang.

You have a quite a wide, square face so short blunt bangs, and blunt bangs in general would probably be a very bad idea. Soft side-swept bangs however would look great, or even possibly soft and textured forward styled bangs.

There are a lot of shitty 'what to/not to do' articles out there but this one is actually pretty straight forward and gets the main points across: http://beautyeditor.ca/2014/06/06/best-bangs-for-square-face.

I think a hairstyle like pic related would really suit you, I think the subtle layering, texture and side sweep would be especially flattering. Your hair needs more texture and movement and is kinda a non-style at the moment to be honest - no bad thing though as you have a great staring point and enough hair for a whole new style.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>9219411
Shorter ideas that would suit you
>>
File: 868668.jpg (11KB, 339x482px) Image search: [Google]
868668.jpg
11KB, 339x482px
>>9219413
>>
>>9193082
Probably related to your diet of hormones. My hair flip flops between coarse and medium depending on what I eat for longer periods of time
>>
>>9192377
If you're in the usa, go to a black salon. They do extensions like this.
>>
File: seagullshelp.jpg (372KB, 1143x555px) Image search: [Google]
seagullshelp.jpg
372KB, 1143x555px
Hey, seagulls. I'm planning to go to the hairdresser and need help with choice of flattering cut. Round face, wavy, naturally dry hair. I thought about long wavy bob.
>>
>>9219941
I know you said 'long bob' but a shorter bob shape that ends just below the jaw line, or above the collar would be especially flattering with your face shape and look super cute. A long bob would likely swamp your small chin and not make the most of your delicate features.

Something like pic related would look great I think.
>>
File: Asian-Bob-Haircuts-with-Bangs.jpg (32KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Asian-Bob-Haircuts-with-Bangs.jpg
32KB, 500x750px
>>9220448
another idea
>>
>>9220451
bangless option
>>
File: bob hairstyles for round face.jpg (37KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
bob hairstyles for round face.jpg
37KB, 500x600px
>>9220456
one more for luck
>>
>>9215676
Your hair does become pretty dry afterward, expect to have split ends. My hairstylist gave me a treatment to take home to help reduce the damage though.

You can't wash or tie up your hair for about three days; the longer you leave it the better it will stay but after 3 it's not super necessary. It's permanent in the sense that it will stay straight, but as your hair grows it'll need re-doing since the growth will be as your normal hair was. Generally they say it will last ~6 months, but that depends on how fast your hair grows. So be prepared to have it done about twice a year.

I can still style my hair with heat, but you'll need hairspray or something to hold the shape, otherwise it will fall out quickly. Your hair will be incredibly flat after you get it done, but after a few weeks it'll get some body back because of the new growth.
>>
>>9220456
thanks, that one is perfect but was afraid that will make my face too round
>>
>>9220475
If you're worried, I would recommend going for the same style but ever so slightly longer, perhaps 1/2 or 1 inch - you can always take it shorter to the length in the pic at a later date.
>>
File: cgl.png (567KB, 563x439px) Image search: [Google]
cgl.png
567KB, 563x439px
>>9219411
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna get it cut in like two weeks!
>>9219941
>>9220456
I think this is a cute style but you have a round chin so I think it would accentuate it pretty strongly. I agree it should be cut a bit longer, and if you don't like it, you can always go shorter. Would a blunt cut work with this, you think?
>>
>>9220448
She's such a cutie. I've been wanting to try her hairstyle for a while now, but I know it'd look awful on me because I've got such a wonky face. A girl can dream...
>>
>>9220963
So I'm gonna go a bit longer just to feel a bit safer with my features.
The one you posted is also very nice, so Jane Lane (and with a color I want so much but can't afford now).
Thanks for suggestions!
>>
Hi anons. What do you do to make unnatural hair colors (think blue, pink) last longer? I wash my hair only once or twice a week with color-formulated shampoo, bu it gets ratty so quickly.
>>
>>9213360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-cGBYAt2Fw
You would hide some clips in there.
>>
>>9221555
I put the temporary dye in my conditioner, condition my ends first and only wash my scalp with shampoo. I also use cold water to rinse my hair and if I'm being really precious about my dye, I'll only wash my hair in a sink/bucket so that I can use really cold water without having to also freeze in the shower. I still only get 4 weeks/8 washes out of my dark blue before I fade enough to want to redo it, but that's more because I don't like the mid toned blue as opposed to it looking totally horrible.
>>
I've had blunt bangs forever but I think it's time to grow them out. How am I supposed to style them while doing that?
>>
>>9207645
Graduation photo is the best length and general style
>>
>>9224304
Start sweeping them to the side and clipping them out of the way. Rather than trimming them blunt, I'd do a side swept bang instead and grow that out.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo15.jpg (124KB, 1438x598px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo15.jpg
124KB, 1438x598px
>>9224444
My hair is getting too long for my hairnet at work and I've been needing a new cut, any suggestions? My nose is kinda big, so maybe something that works with it?
>>
>>9225785
>>9224444
Didn't mean to quote, sorry.
>>
>>9217320
Vpfashion has good clip ins.
>>
>>9207746
You've got bad nutrition.

For a full head of healthy hair, you need good quality fats and proteins. Avocados, peanut butter, eggs, fish, and red meat. Actually, almost all of them are in peanut butter. Eat peanut butter.

You need to include all the amino acids. A couple amino acids are produced by the body, but the majority are not.

(You can be vegetarian and easily have healthy hair because eggs and milk. Vegans will have a harder time though. When I've meet vegans with hair loss problems, it's usually related to the fact they hate or skimp on healthier vegan foods like nut products and beans/lentils.)
>>
>>9226451
*heartier
>>
File: 101354012.jpg (210KB, 1196x823px) Image search: [Google]
101354012.jpg
210KB, 1196x823px
>>9225785
I think your hair looks a bit untidy at the moment so a cut with some structure would be good. Your bangs seem to suit you so I would keep them, but it looks like the rest of your hair is one length which in my opinion drags on your face. In terms of your nose, keeping it longer is key - you don't want any obvious layers or side pieces that end above chin length (like in a hime cut) because it'll draw attention to your face and your nose. I'd suggest something with layers, or if you don't want layers at least some shape. The advantage of layers is that if you want to you can keep most of your length and you should be fine with the hairnet, as it takes bulk out of your hair.
I've only included hairstyles that can still be tied up easily given that you were talking about having a hairnet at work
>>
Hair noob here.
I'm pretty shit with hairstyling, my go-to hairstyle all my life is a bun or ponytail with some hair accessory.

Someone mentioned this girl >>9224424 has unstyled hair, which looks a lot like mine when I style it that way. I can understand where they're coming from because it doesn't look appropriate for lolita, but I just don't know how to start making it look better than this, particularly in the down style?
>>
>>9226525
Do you own a hairdryer? If so a simple blowout/blow dry would be more appropriate than this - that's how the models get their hair to look straight and shiny, like bottom right in this photo >>9226470

If you don't own a hairdryer the next thing to think about would be braids. I personally love looped braids for single-length hair and you also get waves once you take them out.

For something more labour intensive you can rag curl your hair like Fanny Rosie does. Just make sure you don't curl the pieces of hair in all different directions, I remember one person who proclaimed that rag curls didn't work for her and looked like crap (well no shit because she'd rolled up her hair totally haphazardly rather than all in the same direction/angle and of course the curls reflected that)

Hope that helps!
>>
File: P_20161014_134346_BF.jpg (847KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161014_134346_BF.jpg
847KB, 2560x1920px
I'm sorry for selfposting, but I kinda need some advice. I would like to dye my hair (the hair already dyed) in dusky pink, but I'm really afraid it would make my skin darker or look bad on me.
Would bangs flatter me or not? What do you recommend? I'm tired of my looks and want to change something...
>>
>>9226923
Bangs would be okay. You could do sideswept ones or wispy ones, but I think blunt straight across would be too harsh.
I don't think dusky pink would suit you, I'd either go for a definitely pastel shade or potentially a hot pink like SFX atomic pink and see how it fades on you. Dusky sounds kinda inbetween.
>>
How do you deal with hair that's apparently both dry and oily?

In the back of my head, the left side never dries correctly no matter what I do, so it ends up feeling greasy and clumped together, but the right side is really dried out to the point where it curls and tangles up and is thinner.

My hair isn't dyed or treated with anything, and I don't use any product at all on it, so I don't know why it does this.
>>
I keep getting split ends and I have no idea why.
I don't blow dry or use a straightener on my hair unless it's a special occasion and get fairly regular trims. Will my long hair dream never work out?
>>
>>9226531
Do you use the blow dryer in wet hair, or dry hair?
I don't wash my hair daily - nor do I shower in the morning (only at night) so I would like to know how to properly do a hair style that can be done in the morning before I go out to somewhere.
>>
>>9228364
You will never be able to stop them entirely, but you should also put your hair in protective styles as much as possible, use oils like jojoba or coconut on your ends, and ditch cheapo shampoos that strip your hair too much.
>>
File: my ugly mug lmao.jpg (33KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
my ugly mug lmao.jpg
33KB, 648x648px
so I'm just looking for some style advice, really. I'm in the process of growing out my fringe, bc I've had a full straight across one for the entirety of my life and my hair dresser suggested I work with the cowlick I have as opposed to fighting it. I do quite like how it looks compared the good ol' classic, but idk I'm not.... head over heels for it? My hair is stupid thick, and fairly coarse. that's my natural hair texture too, washed it last night and let it air dry, its fairly wavy.

pardon my face btw, I've been fairly ill this week, and I look like shit bc I'm probably still super dehydrated lmao
>>
>>9228420
the left looks better than the right, because you have a larger forehead - blunt bangs straight across might have been too much, so this is a better alternative. as for length, i personally like the length you have now but longer hair could also suit you. i think a shorter cut would make your face look more round, which you want to avoid. you should also get your brows shaped by a professional, because giving them some shape/cleaning them up will help define your face.
>>
>>9228434
yeah, unfortunately I don't seem to have a face that can pull off the no fringe thing. and yeah, I've let my brows go a little wild recently, any suggestions shape-wise? I generally just clean up in between them and the obvious out of place hairs underneath, but I don't quite know what to do with them
thanks for ur advice btw anon!
>>
>>9228420
lose weight
>>
>>9228420
I like how the left looks! I agree long hair would suit you, how much extra length do you get if you blow dry your hair straight?
>>
>>9228388
I only wash my hair twice per week, I use a spray bottle with water to get my hair slightly damp then I put a heat protecting serum in it before blow drying to help with the shine and keeping it sleek.
>>
>>9228516
Ah I see, thank you for all your help anon. Think of your help has making someone .5 points more attractive in this world.
>>
File: 1469053898353.jpg (33KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
1469053898353.jpg
33KB, 500x554px
>>9228507
already on it m8, psych switched my anti depressants back in early June, and so far I've lost about 12 kg. both my GP and I are pretty happy about it, thanks for asking

>>9228508
I'd say a good few extra inches, but it doesn't stay straight for long, tends to just curl back up, and I'd rather not fight it with high heat straighteners/hair dryers, even with heat protectant. I find straight hair doesn't flatter me that much, compared to when it's got a good wave with some body to it.
>>
>>9228634
The only reason I was thinking of it was extra length, but totally understand wanting to avoid heat styling if it doesn't work on your hair. I think you could work longer layers if you wanted - not face-framing ones but just a long layered cut in general. Apologies if you already have some cut in, it's hard to see with the photo. The only caveat would be that some people tend to get awkward poof from layers depending on their hair texture so if that's you ignore everything I just said.
>>
>>9228668
Ah, okay. Yeah, I have to be kinda careful with layers, but otoh the only time I've had layers I've also had my hair razored/thinned, which just emphasises how coarse my hair is imo so idk. I'm thinking about growing my hair out, so I'll consider the layers when I've got a bit more length. thank you for your advice anon!!
>>
>>9228672
Oh yeah, razor + coarse isn't great if your hair is wavy.
Try asking for point cut/Z cut/zig zag cut layers where they use scissors and cut upwards into the hair with the scissor blade almost parallel to the hair, it should keep the layers softer, and the hair should sit in the natural wave pattern rather than being cut off so that the layers stick out. I think you probably need at least another 6-12 months' hair growth before you do this though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161021-121155.png (347KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161021-121155.png
347KB, 1440x2560px
Has anyone used an official Tangle Teezer or a knock off like pic related? I have a small egg-shaped brush I got from Marshall's that's a knock off of the Tangle Teezer and its pretty good. I want to get a second one to keep in the car and I was wondering if I should just splurge for the original or get this one from Ulta (for which I have a coupon for and would make it closer to $5).
>>
>>9228516
different anon, but thank you!!! I wash my hair 1-2 times a week at night and it looks great with a blowout, but I could never figure out how to do that daily.
>>
>>9226923
I agree with the other anon that straight blunt bangs would look way too harsh but side swept would be good.

I don't think a beigey dusky pink would look good but a pale neon lavender-pink would suit you well. Pale pastels do tend to make skin look darker but that's no bad thing, they can also make skin look quite glowy and lovely - the crucial thing is selecting the right shade to make it flattering.
>>
>>9229565
>>
>>9229129
I have 2 Tangle Teezers, never bought the knock offs. I have the Salon and the Travel one. If you want to get a real TT, I definitely recommend the travel one! It's a tidy little box shape, which is nicer to carry with you than a big handled brush. Plus the one I got was a super cute colour.

Before buying my TT's I read a heap of reviews of them verses the fakes, and apparently most were pretty lackluster. Either way, I will never go back to using a normal brush, they're awesome!
>>
>>9229570
Oh also the travel one comes with a cover to cover the bristles, you don't snap the bristles if you carry it in your handbag.
I wish the company would pay me to shill this
>>
>>9229570
>>9229571
Oh perfect! I think I'll actually buy a normal sized one and carry the knock off in my purse since I won't need it as often. I see Sephora and Amazon carries them so I have some shopping to do!

>I wish the company would pay me to shill this
Make a YouTube channel shilling the Tangle Teezer for every occasion and they'll sponsor you in no time.
>>
>>9219389
You're probably not here anymore, anon, but I just want to tell you I love your shirt and I have the same one from 2004. I think soft bangs would look cute on you and you may want to get those split ends taken care of. bless <3
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 854x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 854x200px
I've posted a few times in haircare threads about the insecurities I have with my hair (I still haven't figured out how to work with it and I'm well into my 20s and feel like an awkward tween with thick frizzy hair and it feels unprofessional) and I think I finally figured out what my problem is. I have multi-textured hair.

I've always struggled finding help for my hair because 99% of Google searches for thick frizz leads to black/ethnic natural curl sites which is not my hair, but doing another hours long search within the site I think I found something that could help. Using their hair label system I can explain. If I were to separate my hair into two parts, the bottom half is a 1A/1B hair type, it is sleek, straight and shiny with a small curl at the bottom. My crown on the other hand is a 2B/2C mess of frizz and curls (chart attached for context). Because of this, no tip has ever fully worked. Trying to bring out my "natural curls" basically has me with a poodle poof crown and straight dry hair at the bottom. Blow drying it leaves the bottom shiny and straight but the top frizzy and oily. I think the problem as well is that stylists only seem to focus on my crown so they do cuts for girls with curly hair but it leads to messy styles.

How the fuck do I deal with multi-textured hair that is in extremely visible places?
>>
>>9230298
have you tried a Brazilian Blowout?
>>
>>9230303
I have but I can't really justify $300+ on treatments every 4 months
>>
>>9230366
How does the brazillian blowdry/ japanese hair straightening work for you? Do you feel it fixes your problem? How do you like wearing your hair and how do you normally take care of the curly part?

My hair is multitextured but has become a bit more uniform as I've gotten older. When it isn't blow dried, I find it's easy to make the pattern a bit more homogeneous by plaiting your hair and working with the resulting waves/curls.As 2B/2C isn't super curly correct blow drying + product shouldn't leave you with frizz unless your hair is damaged.
>>
>>9208251
manic panic after midnight is a good non damaging blue black, although it's more blue than black. when i used it on my hair there was very little bleeding, as opposed to when i used manic panics red dyes. the red tones bled like crazy.
>>
I have the curl secret by Conair - Please tell me what type of curling spray I can use on my hair to make the curls stay.
>>
I'm gonna bite the bullet and self-post... I have a long-ish angular face and my hair is about down to my boobs and naturally very straight. I'm so bored with it and I was thinking of getting it cut shorter and perhaps get some layers? I'm just afraid that I'm going to look like a man.
>>
>>9231140
I know this isn't related and I don't want to seem rude because you arent ugly at all but

do you drink enough water anon? your under eye area would benefit from drinking more probably
>>
>>9231146
Yeah I drink water like a fish, I just have really unfortunate dark circles. I'm pretty sure they are hereditary, both of my parents have em.
>>
>>9231140
lol you don't look like a man, but I agree that cutting your hair would only be beneficial to you.
My hair appears to have the exact same texture and wave patterns as yours, and I don't know if you suffer with the same problem, but when mine was down to my waist it was so goddamn flat and thin. After I cut it up to just past my collarbones, god the volume I gained.
I always believed that my hair was just too lanky to get that bouncy appearance, turns out it was just the length of my hair weighing it down. Totally cut it and get some soft layers put in if you want more volume.
>>
>>9231163
Yup, I think the fact that it's long and I have no layers weighs my hair down and makes it look so flat, even if I use a crap ton of volumizing products. I've been afraid of layers because they give me bad flashbacks of my scene kid days hahaha. Also for some reason in my mind layers are not very "lolita" (I don't wear wigs) but there are probably ways it can be done.
>>
>>9231172
Oh you can totally make layers fit well with lolita if you curl your hair; it makes all the individual pieces get really springy and bouncy. Curling it inwards looks really cute too!
>>
File: cHOrjryimSJKLGi-1600x900-noPad.jpg (41KB, 813x457px) Image search: [Google]
cHOrjryimSJKLGi-1600x900-noPad.jpg
41KB, 813x457px
>>9218524

Brittany Venti is that you (I love your work kek).
>>
I have the plainest, thinnest, straightest brown hair and I hate using products. Am I fucked in terms of hair?
>>
>>9231278
No, but you really need to learn to braid and rag curl if you want volume.

>>9231140
If you are worried about looking manly keep the length just below your shoulders.

>>9231111
Doesn't have to be a specific curling spray. What have you tried? Strong hold hairsprays?
>>
>>9207645
I think the long blonde hair in the top right looks best.
>>
>>9207645
The bottom left/top right look best imo. Long hair does not make your face look chubby at all! You have a really pretty face
>>
>>9228351
Bumping my question since I haven't gotten any advice yet.
>>
File: 12-reverse-ombre-for-blonde-hair.jpg (178KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
12-reverse-ombre-for-blonde-hair.jpg
178KB, 1080x1350px
I've seen a million and one 'black roots to silver' ombres, but what about silver down to black tips?

I currently have waist-length hair, dyed black (twice) from the bottom half and a combination of faded-out black and natural brown at the top half.
I want to let it grow for another few months and then bleach and dye it silver, but I want to avoid damaging OR cutting the ends as much as possible.. Considering just doing a reverse-ombre and leaving the ends black. I can only find like two photos of anything similar, though.

>tl;dr will this look alright or should I suck it up and cut it?
>>
>>9231650
this looks terrible 99% of the time
>>
>>9231650
you should be trimming your hair anyway to prevent split ends/breakage
>>
>>9231183
Holy shit, you're right anon!
I didn't even realize it because of her curly hair. If that isn't her, it looks a hell of a lot like her
>>
>>9195829
How do I get hair like this? Like tighter hollywood waves?
>>
File: Current Hair.jpg (127KB, 598x719px) Image search: [Google]
Current Hair.jpg
127KB, 598x719px
I'm looking for some advice on what kind of bangs would suit my face shape- I have no idea what to do with my hair and I haven't gone to a hairdressers in about a year now. I'm thinking of going back to an inverted bob haircut, but I don't know if I can pull it off with lolita?
>>
>>9232135
bob image dump
>>
>>9232135
>>
>>9232135
First get a photo that isn't potato quality pls and thank
>>
>>9232135
you look like you have a fivehead so maybe blunt bangs? your nose shape must be visible to give better advice
>>
File: potato.jpg (119KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
119KB, 720x960px
>>9232194
>>9232190
As requested.
>>
Anyone know of where to get a decent black wig for everyday wear?
Also where can I get some human hair extensions (clip-in preferably) that are really light blonde so they can by dyed?
>>
I remember seeing a .pdf of how to cut your bangs in a previous hair thread. Does anyone know where I can find it? It contained pictures of different kinds of bangs with tips on every page.
>>
File: 20161026_195141.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_195141.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
Hello /cgl! Any advice for me? I've been wanting to try something new color and/or cut-wise but not sure what. The picture captures something very close to my natural, currently hair color. I usually just do box dyes and it has been chocolate, reddish, and black, but always the same style. Thanks anons! I'll try to pass on the favor for someone else.
>>
>>9234624
This one?
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bOtnwgB9nh1HPKFPGY50JqtjibooeHZ6a3TCsOfAkDQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1#slide=id.p
>>
>>9235596
What kind of look do you want to go for? And stop using box dyes.
>>
>>9235596
You could take a few inches off the length and go for side bangs, it looks like you have mixed length layers in as well so you could go for a cut that's a little blunter if you wanted to change it up.

>>9232208
Definitely bangs, and face framing layers would be quite flattering too.
>>
>>9235778
Yes! Thanks so much. I recently cut my bangs.
>>
>>9235596
love your hair
>>
>>9235786
What kind of bangs? Blunt ones, wispy ect? I have really thick hair if that changes anything.
>>
File: hair.jpg (45KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
45KB, 375x500px
>>9236047
I think you could rock the side-parted bang that a lot of Japanese hairstyles have, and possibly have slightly shorter bangs like this.
>>
Any tips on how to stop your hair from getting greasy? Mine gets horrible just after 12 hours.
>>
>>9236079
Dry shampoo and washing your hair less often. Theory is that your scalp overproduces oil because you strip off the natural oils so much in an attempt to not be "greasy", thereby making the problem worse.
>>
>>9236085
I have heard this but if I don't wash it then I can't leave the house, it's revolting. Dry shampoo always makes me feel itchy and gross but maybe I haven't found the right one.
>>
>>9235826
Thank you! I grew up hating it and was made fun of for it in high school, so that really means a lot! :D
>>
File: maggie-greene-walking-dead-02.png (80KB, 192x260px) Image search: [Google]
maggie-greene-walking-dead-02.png
80KB, 192x260px
>>9235783
>>9235786
Thanks gulls! I'm not quite sure, I'm used to just washing and brushing as the full maintenence routine, so something not very time consuming to style. I also live in a humid area so having to flatironing bangs would be a lost cause. I like the ombre look, but that seems to be going out of style. I also like Maggie's hair from TWD but don't want to go that short, and I think a blunt cut would look interesting, I'll ask about it next time I go to the salon/stylist. How do you guys feel about fantastic sam's-type places vs. a true salon?
>>
>>9236086
Have you tried conditioner only washing? It supposedly strips oil less.

>>9236120
I'd keep everything longer then if you're only used to wash and brush. I don't have strong feelings about chain vs salon because in the end it depends on the person actually cutting your hair.
>>
Not me, but I have very similar hair. I also have clip in bangs and a full straight bob wig. How should I style my hair for a classic/hime coord?
>>
>>9235783
What's wrong with box dyes?
>>
I have dry patches on my scalp. Is there anything I can do for it.
>>
How the fuck do you gulls deal with sleeping in rollers? I tried it for the first time tonight, and it's so uncomfortable I'm not sure I will be able to fall asleep.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
21KB, 350x350px
>>9236186
you could get a big clip in bun and pull your hair up with scrunchie/pins
or get creative with braids--a braid made of the framing section of hair on each side of face, pulled back and clipped. you can tease the rest of your hair for volume. I think curling each part differently (like, alternating clockwise or counterclock for each section)

then add bangs and bows and tiaras or whatever you please.

>>9237105
you gotta use foam rollers, pic related,
and once they're all in, tie a scarf or bandana around your head.
instant comfort
>>
File: sheepdesu.jpg (553KB, 1080x1610px) Image search: [Google]
sheepdesu.jpg
553KB, 1080x1610px
I want to go to the hairdresser soon but I have no idea what to do with this mess.. I have curly, frizzy hair and it feels very unflattering for my face (and gaint forehead) any ideas?
>>
>>9231183
Thank you anon
>>9231945
Yeah you tend to look a different when you have different lighting a different hair style, a little makeup and maturing (Aging) etc.
>>
>>9237265
have you looked into the curly girl method? It can help with the frizz and define your curls. Also, maybe a little layering (soft bangs) can help with your forehead. I think your hair is pretty anon, it just need a little bit of moisture
>>
>>9237265
I kinda love the bangs here, >>9195829
if you can get your hair moisturised enough to sit in a more defined curl pattern then something like these bangs would be awesome. I actually think that length really suits you so I would only trim it.

>>9237105
I don't, rag curls all the way.

>>9236846
Go to a doctor because you could have scalp psoriasis if it's a new thing. Otherwise have you changed shampoo, been more stressed, had dietary changes...? Heaps of stuff can trigger dry skin.

>>9236186
Keep your curls and go for a Princess Diana look with a tiara (if it's actually hime) or fake a half-up or full-updo with clip in hairpieces.
>>
>>9237537
No this has been devolping ever since my sister has moved out. She was the main one doing and treating my hair and as i know nothing about the upkeep of hair my scalp has dried out.
Its worse in some areas when i have been 'burned' by chemical relaxers like my front edges but its all over.
I want to rule out dryness due to transitioning to a more naturalhair routine.
>>
>>9238097
By trying out some type of shampoo/conditioner for dryness.
>>
File: pls.jpg (122KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
122KB, 540x960px
Hair cut this upcoming weekend, need some serious help. I'm thinking of going blonde, cutitng in bangs and getting a lob. Terrible idea?
>>
File: sketch-1477782002180.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1477782002180.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>9182842
Getting a haircut and I'm finally confident to not keep it this way, I haven't really ever changed it so I'm not the best at choosing a good style.

I'm thinking a side fringe might be the way to go, but I'm open to all suggestions. Keep in mind my hair is very thin and my chin is pretty round, thanks
>>
>>9238296
Suzy?
>>
>>9239041
Nah. Do I have a twin out there?
>>
>>9189193
u look cute
>>
>>9220458
how do you get waves like this and make them last? I usually do pin curls (rag curls have never worked for me) but they always end up too tight and all the curl is gone by around midday.
>>
Picture for ants, but anyone got any tutorials for updos similar to this one?
>>
>>9241511
id recommend getting one of prisila's hairpieces, i hear they're great quality and it's probably the easiest way to do it
>>
File: IMG_1036.jpg (73KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1036.jpg
73KB, 500x696px
Has anyone ever tried to color their hair a dark grey like pic related? I've been looking up tutorials but mostly everything is for a lighter silver color. I'm just concerned about the base blonde your hair needs to be and if you should use blue or purple toner after bleaching. My hair is a very dark black-brown color similar to the base color in the photo.
>>
File: large.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
So I've had short hair for pretty much forever but recently decided that I wanna try the long thing. The issue is, the last haircut I got was before I decided on that and I got a sort of two tone undercut where the back was very short and the top/front/sides are bleached and longer. Now it's growing out and it looks pretty terrible but I'm not sure how make it not look incredibly weird in this growing in between time? I was thinking hair extensions or something but I don't think it's even long enough for those to be properly covered yet. Any sugguestions?

Pic related is pretty much what my hair looked like when I first got it cut.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.