[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Youmacon 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 442
Thread images: 36

File: youmacon2016wordlogo.png (39KB, 1600x359px) Image search: [Google]
youmacon2016wordlogo.png
39KB, 1600x359px
Youmacon is a little over a month away. Who's ready! Let's get the ball rolling:
>Cosplay plans
>Guests you want to see
>Stories from previous years
>Feelings about it not being a Halloween con this year
>>
Hopefully will have my Kindred cosplay done by then. Went last year for the first time without cosplaying composting and still had a great time. Even though one of my roomies was being a downer the entire time.
>>

thank god. I love Halloween and I always hated missing out on Halloween stuff.
>>
>>9182578
Still waiting for any new guests or anyone from Japan. Most of the guests were from other cons in the area anyway, pretty disappointed so far
>>
I just hope they manage to release a schedule more than a week before the con this time
>>
>>9182994
>>9183017
HAHA. Good luck. This is a 12 year con... they will never get their act together.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a decade... but not now.
>>
>>9183237
I mean, I liked last year a bit (sorta), but the years before that were better. T_T
>>
I heard the past years theyve checked keycards before letting people on the elevator in the marriott
Any truth to that???
>>
>>9183696
Yeah, they had wrist bands one year, but realized that was a dud.
>>
>>9183017
>>9182994

Eh, Youma is known for loving their contracts. They have a lot of repeat guests year to year because they like having the saftey of a 2 or 3 year contract.
>>
>>9183494
>>9183696

Ok to their credit that wasnt con staffs plan. Their main hotel, which they need to survive, was pissed people were scapling their rooms. So the con allowed the hotel to issue wrist bands. Once they saw the logistical nightmare it was to enforce the GM center backed off a little. That was also back in like 2012 (?) Even if they arent the biggest fans of con still. Their is a reason youma is trying to move everything into the cobo, but they still need the hotel. So it's a tense relationship.
>>
>>9182578
I was in my kigu and I was running on the street between buildings to catch up with my friends and some Red Wings fans heckled me because i was this floffy sheep running down the street. Then they saw I was also wearing a red wings jersey of one of their hall of fame players and quickly truned around and complemented me for it. One of the weirder crosswalk events to ever happen to me.
It's not the last day of the month. I can actually enjoy all 4 days for the first time in 3 years. Bless
>>
>Cosplay plans

Bulma, School girl!Mob, and maybe Panty or Princess Peach.

I'm honestly drawing a blank for completely definite lists. Which is strange because I usually have a decently long list around this time of year.

>Guests you want to see

The Protomen
Crispin Freeman
Steve Blum
Yoko Kanno

I really need them to change things up. Especially with the musical acts. I'm tried of Steam Powered Giraffe.

I don't get into too much to have anything worthy of telling. Lol

I'm glad because I have a chance of trick-or-treating this time around.
>>
>>9183925
The con didn't allow it, the Marriott imposed it. Morgan was pissed.

>>9182994
>Japan
Why?
>>
>>9184292
It's called Youmacon. It's right in the name, it's weird they never have guests from overseas (Nabashin and Loverin Tambourine are all I can think of)
>>
I'm among the few that are disappointed that it's not on Halloween this year. I liked throwing the Halloween vibe in with the con vibe.

I just hope this year the panel schedule will be something we can keep up with. MMX was done pretty well, so hopefully they take note from that.
>>
File: 20160913_193507.png (509KB, 1440x2258px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_193507.png
509KB, 1440x2258px
....That's amusing. Have done all of these and nothing happened.
>>
>>9184569
Is this off Youma's facebook?
>>
>>9184588
No. Public share from someone i assume works for them. A "con producer"?
>>
>>9184591
Link? Could just be a nobody ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
youmacon has guests?
>>
>Cosplay plans
Johannes from Bloodstained if I can get it ready by then, and make it out.

>Guests you want to see
Got to agree with The Protomen, Steve Blum and Yoko Kanno.
Not likely, but with all the Dragonball revival I'd like to see Toriyama.
Also not likely, but Tomino would be amazing.
Slightly more likely, but still not likely, JAM Project
A couple years ago I went and there were some guys playing anime music. Took some requests and got people dancing. It was fun between panels.

>Stories from Previous years
Didn't come last year, but a couple years ago I helped a friend get gunpla. Still hasn't payed me back! If you're reading this you know who you are!

>Non-Halloween con
Means I'll be able to make it this year probably. Possibly.
>>
>>9184611
Give us the Protomen, youma. we crave it.
>>
>>9182578
Ah, my hometown. Can't wait. Got a room in the courtyard. So much better than the other hotel. Only thing I dont like about it is the parking. so expensive. Anybody going too MeggaXP this weekend?
>>
>>9184569
Fitting. If only it wasn't a bunch of sugar-coated words.
>>
>>9184292
Oh i can believe it
>>
>>9184569
Who did you request?
>>
>cosplay plans
Bringing back La Muerte since that was a hit, bringing another I havent done yet and HOPEFULLY making god teir roxy from scratch a month within the con

Youma's gonna be fucking insane with Pokemon Go, the Ren Cen is littered with rare pokemon so I can just imagine hoards of people migrating around the place, my bet is that most of the escalators will go down more than usual
>>
>>9184889
Not the same anon, but there's plenty of requests in both 2015 http://forums.youmacon.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15567 and 2016 http://forums.youmacon.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23666 that we haven't seen.
>>
Anyone here apply for the DJ tryouts this year? I would have but I don't think my skill is up to par, so maybe next year.
>>
So we're getting SPG again, but are we getting anything else music related? Only good thing last year was Crush 40
>>
>>9185398
Isn't Crush 40 supposed to come back? (please. I missed them last year)
>>
>>9185445
i thought we were getting sawa's fool from that video last year before the concert?? What happened?
>>
>>9185640
It was a visa issue.
>>
>>9184107
Yay panty and stocking!
>>
>>9185640
I missed the concert to get an autograph, that took 5,000 years, so i couldnt say.
>>
Even better than who they invite, it would be nice if they could actually get the schedule in order this year. I missed more than half of the panels that I wanted to go to because they didn't have stuff listed in the right place.
>>
>>9186276
last year there was a chunk of saturday panels just completely missing because the schedule skipped an hour or two going from one page to the next
>>
>>9186288
The guest misspellings were the best part.

>>9185951
Wouldn't it be fixed now?
>>
>>9186308
Well if they were looking into actually inviting a japanese band they'd hopefully have worked out the kinks but they would have to put a whole new visa out for them this year.
>>
>>9186308
>>9186276
Huh. I only got to go one day last year so I didn't notice schedule goofs as much, but I did notice the guests I talked to at autographs didn't seem as happy as usual. Bet that was part of why
>>
>>9186321
There was a hotel problem last year too where a country music guy bumped the staff block for youma out of whatever downtown hotel they were at and a bunch of guests and staff were being shuttled back and forth from southfield. So I can imagine the guests weren't too happy about that
>>
>>9186346
Southfield? fuck, wonder what guests got stuck with that
>>
>>9186360
The ones the con didn't care about pissing off? haha
>>
>>9186360
I know for a fact Team Four Star ended up in Southfield.
>>
First time to Youmacon this year, anything I should expect, avoid, or be sure to check out?
>>
>>9186557
buy a people mover pass if you're staying for the weekend, or if it's going to rain that day
I'd recommend bringing as much food as you can to avoid long lines in the food court and the cost
the video game area is the tits, I hope they bring back rock band and actually have all of the instruments working/in sync
>>
So do they list when photo shoots are in the program usually, or is that usually just a thing where people meet up and then decide? (As you can see, I am very new to this)
>>
>>9186346
How the fuck do people find out this information??
>>
>>9185972
It's still one of my top favourite anime after all these years. I want to do Party's bunnysuit and school girl outfit since my friend gave me her patterns.

>>9186685
My favourite thing is to marathon Rock band with as many people as I can before my voices gets hoarse. Lol
>>
>>9184569
>>9184591
>>9184594
I know who posted this and they're involved with youma. Would like to note here that they're referring to ANY convention, not just youma. There are far too many cons that don't get enough feedback guest wise and yet people complain about who's invited. I really try to take into consideration what other cons around me are getting so it's not the same repeat guests as well as making sure i'm getting what the attendees are asking for, too. It's really been a tough balance. Most of what people have been asking for are Vic mcshamalamadingdong, Todd haberkorn, and Johnny yong bosch. All 3 of which are absolutely disrespectful to staff as well as attendees (especially in johnny's case).
>>
>>9187038
Would also like to add that i do not work for youma, i work for another con entirely.
>>
>>9187038
I've never been to a con where JYB was a guest. What does he do that's so bad? Gimme them deets.
>>
>>9187038
>>9187072
JYB was pretty nice when I spoke to him the last time he was at Youma. Same with Todd, he was nothing but sweet to me. Maybe it was misunderstanding?

>>9186965
Not that anon, but I'm friends with some of the guests and staff, so I usually find out behind the scenes stuff that way.
>>
First time going to Youma ever and I'm hyped. What's the scene for idols there? Love Live oversaturating here too?
>>
>>9186685
curious about the pass. is it just like a bus pass for specific lines? are wait times long or is it pretty efficient?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1474004690320.jpg (133KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1474004690320.jpg
133KB, 1200x1200px
>>9187235
Not a bus pass, it's a monorail pass. The wait usually depends on how busy it is, but if I remember correctly it's like fifteen to twenty minutes at most?
Unrelated note, but can someone explain what in the flying fuck this has to do with anime, manga, video games or anything nerdy at all? Like, this guest slot could have been filled with someone actually relevant.
>>
File: tumblr_o21yflh4ix1roe2pqo3_250.gif (2MB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o21yflh4ix1roe2pqo3_250.gif
2MB, 245x150px
>>9187038
But Youma has literally copied and pasted their entire guest list from last year. There is no one new... but a circus act, Pokemon guy, and Charles Dunbar (I think?)? Like holy shit, just keep half the list not all of it

>>9187252
My guess is they're local so they're cheap (checked site so yeah they are), but there's NINE of them listed on the site. But at this point maybe whoever is in charge doesn't listen to requests or book anime or video game people unless they've already have them...? It's such a mess
>>
>>9187261
>My guess is they're local so they're cheap (checked site so yeah they are),
I saw them at a local festival and they were decent, but their content really only fits artsy stuff and not nerdy/weeby stuff.

>But at this point maybe whoever is in charge doesn't listen to requests or book anime or video game people unless they've already have them...?

That's what I'm thinking as well. They've only ever took two of my request and it wasn't for Youmacon. At this point I've given up completely on requesting anyone. I don't why they even allow the option if all they ever do is ignore us to add the same people every year.
>>
>>9187275
They're Toronto based, which means they're probably expensive to fly out, especially if there are nine of them... Believe me, as a Canadian, sometimes the flights to the US are expensive, even if it's not that far. Which meakes less sense since it doesn't really seem like an anime con type of thing...
>>
>>9187275
I think some returning guests are fine, but you need a new headliner every year.

Keep half the common ones? Jon, Eddings, LK, TFS, The Fan, SFS, Jelly, Ian or Joel? Then some new ones it's not that hard to count.
>>
>>9187280
Oh I definitely agree. They don't fit. It was a waste of money a guest spot to do that. They could have gotten Channel Awesome instead.

>>9187284
Oh, there are some returning guest I definitely don't mind, but it's people like Random Gibberish and SPG I'm completely tired of seeing. I also, hate the way they announce them like it's something fresh and new and not old and burnt out.
>>
>>9187324
Oh yeah, forgot Linkara goes sometimes, too. SPG super tired of, Random Gibberish is the same... There's also Kroze, which is a take or leave for me. I love Kieran though, you get something different every time.
>>
>>9187261
Anon you were replying to and yea I agree. I don't believe that person who made that post is in charge of inviting said people out. I know they got a new department head earlier this year so who knows. For my con that I help run, I actually brought this up at one of our meetings and I mentioned how we shouldn't invite the same person for more than a max of two years in a row. If we have a guest that attendees like , we'll bring them back for one more year. I like to keep a rotation but also bring back a guest I feel attendees enjoyed or maybe didn't get an autograph. That's just how I run it so I can't speak for other cons.
I was looking over those guest suggestions for youma and there's alot of great options. Hope they can listen more instead of taking the simple path.
>>
If you guys are going to make a discord for this con, I'd suggest doing it now and stop sharing it in the thread in a couple weeks to avoid the /v/ crowd from being in it.
>>
>>9187104
I wish I could say it was a misunderstanding.
JYB and Todd cause more trouble behind the scenes, some of it has been public, not at youma though to my knowledge. Johnny has broken contracts, refused autographs and caused staff to cry. He's very difficult to work with. He's gone out of his way to yell and be aggressive if he doesn't get his way. He'll shout and throw tantrums. I have found this out from multiple reliable Guest heads. Todd is picking up where vic left off with the ego. Again, this has not only been confirmed but also witnessed/handled by someone i trust in charge at another con. I make sure that the guests I get treat the staff the same way as they do the attendees.
>>
>>9187072
Same anon here, forgot to tag you in >>9187959
But there's alot of dirt on JYB and Todd sadly...
>>
I've seen a handful of clearly intoxicated handlers ON DUTY with their guests and while I get a lot of them are friends, that's not really professional.
>>
>>9187280
Also that's 9 people... plus any significant others... food... handlers...etc...
>>
>>9187878
What are you even talking about?

>>9187959
I want to believe but I need sufficient evidence. Like, maybe a screenshot of someone talking about it?

>>9187977
Yeah, that's so much money wasted. It really could have gone to someone better.
>>
>>9187959
Sorry, it's super hard for me to believe that Todd is a jerk. I've heard he has some odd requests. I worked a con (not Youma) with him, and he was my favorite person.

>>9187977
I mean, we can maybe assume it's half of them? But still a lot
>>
>>9188091
My friend who now runs the GR department, worked for this con last year that had him and they noticed many vic-like behaviors. It might depend on the size of the con and the crowd too which in turn sometimes feeds certain guest behaviors. Here's part of the JYB discussion for >>9188002
>>
>>9184569
Man, youma just getting worse a lot of my friends are saying this is their last year
>>
I'm strung out about youma this year because of how big a trainwreck last year was.
>>
>>9186812
>photo shoots

Would also like to know this
>>
So apparently prereg closed and they never announced a date for it? would have been nice to know. Staff wasn't even responding on fb
>>
>>9188540
Yeah, that upset me too. I don't know why they think we would already know when preregistration ends
>>
>>9188540
Yeah, the main site said it ended in September so I just assumed it went to the end of the month, but apparently it ended on the 15th. They at least could have put in some effort to communicate that on more than just the separate site they used to pre-reg.
>>
>>9188540
What the fuck? So now we have to wait in line to get badges? I may not come actually if that's the case... I was planning on going but wasn't keeping up to date and this happens. Cons never close prereg almost two months in advance. How are the lines for waiting?
>>
>>9188002

For meet up purposes. You'd probably prefer a meet up of /cgl/s over people who just show up a week before the con from other boards.
>>
>>9188992

Youma preregistration usually runs until sept 15 every year but that's still no excuse for them to not advertise it.
>>
I hope the djs don't suck. Been like five years and none of them play anime music unless it's off a yt playlist.

Is kuriboh or team4star going?
>>
>>9189020
I seriously do not understand what thought you are trying to convey here.

>>9189055
Pre-reg should be longer. Like, until October 15th would be way better.

>>9189396
Pretty sure T4S is going to be there since Taka said something about premiering two episodes of Hellsing abridged this year. Not sure about Little Kuriboh though.
>>
>>9187284
Some of those ones you listed haven't been invited back either. Seems like the guest list is a lot shorter this year. It's a shame, I liked seeing TFS and SFS. The internet cc's are usually super fun. At least Jello is going to be there.
>>
>>9189597
Some could still be announced though? So we'll see, I mean this was the con that used to support internet acts the most...
>>
>>9189607
I want to hope they will, but from what I've noticed most cons consider internet guests second-tier and announce them before the "heavy hitters". I haven't seen TFS or SFS write up anything about going to youma, and they're pretty good about posting up con announcements in advance...
>>
>>9189610
What heavy hitters?
>>
>>9189396
Didn't that girl playing hardcore stuff last year play some anime remixes?
>>
>>9189020
I-I like meeting people from other boards
I mean they're usually not cringier than anyone who shows up from here, so idc
>>
>>9189004
If you show up like an hour or two before hand it's not bad but it wraps cobo at least once
also for anyone who was curious the only place the pre reg deadline was listed was on the third party site that handled the badges
>>
Youma gutted out the fighting game tournaments apparently.
>>
>>9190327
Wow seriously? Isn't that a major draw for youma, to the point where big name fgc people go?
>>
>>9189709
Touche.
>>
Is pre reg over? Eventbrite says i need an access code to buy tickets.
>>
>>9190669>>9190327

Are they even gonna have any games at all? I love the game room.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160918-201919~2.png (256KB, 1440x1815px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160918-201919~2.png
256KB, 1440x1815px
>>9190327
>>9190669

It's not gutted. There just won't be a fancy set up for. I'm slightly disappointed, but the doubling up on popular arcade machines and adding both a Purikura and UFO catcher kinda makes up for it.
>>
>>9189610
Yeah, the same with The Fan. They always talk about cons ahead of time on the radio.
>>
>>9184569
I legit laughed out loud at this.
>>
>>9190896
>purikura
Yes please
>>
>>9188540
>>9188610
>>9188992
>>9189004
Someone heard I guess. They just extended pre reg til the end of september.
>>
This is going to sound stupid but is there anyway to check if you pregred a badge or not? I honestly completely forgot if I have or not since it's been so long.
>>
>>9191702
You can check your email, most have a search function.
>>
>>9191740

I clean my mail box out about every month so nothing is coming up for me.
>>
>>9191658
I'll give credit where credit's due. Good move. I hope they keep it up.
>>
>>9192076
that's stupid
you could check your bank records for a charge to the company that handles the pre reg
>>
So any new guests?
>>
>>9193673
yeah
me
>>
File: giphy.gif (980KB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
980KB, 390x220px
>>9193905
>>
Does anyone know refund policy? I was thinking of not going this year unless there's a meet up...?
>>
>>9194231
I'm not sure if I wanna go at this point. There's a few guests I would like to see, like Ian Sinclair and Monica Rial, and Lisa Ortiz seems interesting with the Pokemon season nearly done, but a lot of them I've already met a million times at this.
>>
Any idea when the 2016 schedule will be uploaded? The "Sched" system is awesome, btw. Last year's link: https://youmacon2015.sched.org/
>>
>>9194926
Probably like 15 minutes before the first panel on Thursday. Don't expect it to be accurate either.
>>
File: guestfolder.png (453KB, 1398x598px) Image search: [Google]
guestfolder.png
453KB, 1398x598px
>>9193673
Plenty for this weekend. I'm scheduling their posts now. Don't mind the KoF pics in some, those are placeholders for their cards to be made in the morning.
>>
Is there anything you gulls are looking forward to at the con? I'm kinda looking forward to the youmaidol thing, if just for a few laughs.
>>
>>9195114
No, I meant any new guests... Fred/Comfort/Adam aren't new.

>>9195695
I've been waiting for concert announces desu
>>
>>9195114
IS THAT JALTOID?! OH SHIT WADDUP NIGGA
>>
>>9195764
2 of those coming today.
>>
So what are peoples lineups? It's almost time for that Youmacrunch unfortunately.

Depending on our Taobao order arriving, I'll be Female Soldier 76, Victorian Umi from LL with a Kotori, 2nd Season Ruby from RWBY wit ha Yang, Ram with a Rem, and maybe Juvia or Cinder Fall.
>>
>>9196461

Johnathan Joestar, Jibanyna, Dr. Alen Grant and Tonio Trussardi

I'm honeslty just happy to have some new cosplays. It's been since February.
>>
>>9196461
Max Caufield, Mystery Girl (SU), Genderbent Miguel (El Dorado) and Roxy Lalonde.
>>
>>9196461
Yuna (FFX) and D.Va. Depending on weather I have another one, but last year was rainy and miserable.

Glad to see some change ups to guest list finally.
>>
>>9191658
awesome, purchasing right now.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1474884150848.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1474884150848.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
Kieran Strange is coming back and now genderfluid and identifies with make pronouns.

http://kieranstrange.com/index.php/about/
>>
>>9199726

I can't wait for the genderfluid thing to fall out of style.
>>
>>9199726
Didn't they film a bunch of stuff for a cosplay music video and then just... not use it? I was in some footage and i've yet to find the damn video.
>>
>>9190896
>Ambassador
Remind me, is that where the tabletop room is? I hope they don't combine the rooms like they were before I started going to Youma
>>
>>9200697
No. Tabletop is Cobo Hall.
>>
Looks like most the internet guests are being posted. Dunno why last minute tho
>>
>>9199751
I hope it sticks around to piss off pussies like you.
>>
>>9200697
I think? I'm not super sure though.
>>9200894
This isn't really last minute. Last minute would be a week before the con. This is pretty standard.

>>9200926
Chill out.
>>
>>9200926

Hi Kierian!
>>
File: nug.jpg (29KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
nug.jpg
29KB, 960x528px
Prereg ends at 11:59 tonight!
>>
Think they're still waiting for a big announcement or is this it?
>>
This year I'm only going one day rather than the whole weekend like I usually do, mainly because of money reasons and I'm just not feeling the excitement around Youma that I usually do. Not cosplaying, either, not worth the effort if I'm only going one day.

I hope the schedule comes out soon, since I'd like to figure out which day I'd like to go, but knowing Youma it'll only be released a week before con and be riddled with errors. By the way, how are the lines for at-the-door registration? I don't want to spend half the day standing around.
>>
>>9206935
As far as guests? I have 3 more to put out.
>>
>>9207194
My sentiments exactly, Anon. I'm still a little hype, but not like years ago.

Again, I'm in the same boat. I want to go the same day as the Pokemon tournament (which I hope isn't completely mismanaged again) and I'd be impressed if we got the schedule more than a week ahead.

The lines haven't been too bad every since they moved registration to the Cobo. You might wait an hour max.
>>
>>9207194
I really only go for the parties and game room now. The panels are pretty trash and the mismanagement always fucks up plans.
>>
This is a mid sized con. That means youre probabaly going be finding you own fun. How is this a new revalation?
>>
Went last year with a free room. Last minute so didn't have a cosplay. Attending this year with a Parappa the Rapper cosplay. Inb4 furry.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 586x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 586x693px
First youmacon coming down from little Canada. Is youmacon all it's hyped up to be ?
>>
>>9209263
Have you read the thread? lol
>>
i mostly only go to shuto and youma, with the exception of sakuracon a few years ago and desu i'm always too busy with my friends and unofficial meetups to actually notice that its bad LOL

my friend group has been pretty hectic in the past so i guess i'm just used to weird shit happening in a con environment?

this year is my first time wearing lolita to a con, so i'm doing that two of the days and then a hxh cosplay (illumi) on the third day. idk what days i'll do what yet but im excited for my first time in lolita

also >>9184608 LMAOOOO
>>
Pretty sure the only way they can redeem it for next year is getting Yuzo Koshiro or Kana Hanazawa or someone amazing like that
>>
>>9208336
a mid sized con can be even better if the schedule that's printed is actually accurate to what's going on
or has competent people manning the place
or has guests relevant to the con
or has djs that play decent music
>>
>>9209845
I can tell by your prevliged tone, you clearly have never staffed a con. Most cons never get past mid sized because there is a certain point the volunteer staff just cant take the stress.

>if the schedule that's printed is actually accurate to what's going on

That depends on there being litetally no changes after things go to the printers. Even with every panelist and guest pushing for changes down to 0 hour.
>or has competent people manning the place

You sound smart. Maybe you should volunteer then. Cons take who they can get. Once you get outside your ring of friends and you have no money to pay anyone then you become much less picky.

>or has guests relevant to the con

That depends a lot on money and your negotiating skills. You have to pay your venue and your overhead first. Youmacon has to pay for two venues.

>or has djs that play decent music

dj's throw themselves at cons. Picking a one who actually keeps to their set is surprisingly difficult.

There is a reason most cons don't get much large than mid sized. I say all this not to be a cunt but try give some perspective. Never depend on the con to provide your fun. All cons are ultimately just a meet up. It's up to have a good time.
>>
>>9207194
I'm feeling the same way. Been going to this con since 2010 and I just don't feel the hype this year. Last year I just kinda walked around and did nothing, left early. Dunno if it's the con that's changed, or just me. Probably just come for a bit Saturday.
>>
>>9210280
Never depend on the con to provide your fun? Hun, we pay money to go to a con because we expect you to provide a good time for us and our friends.The same way i'm not paying for a shitty movie because I know it won't be entertaining, the same way I'll only pay money if the con itself is entertaining. I can hang out at my friends house for free.

I say you because I have a sneaking suspicion you're staff trying to cover your own ass for dropping the ball so many times. And if you really think that the con is not responsible for providing a good time, especially after we all give you money to provide said entertainment as a service, then you need a reality check on the whole point of conventions.
>>
What is going on with vendor registration for this?

A PO Box was given in the app, but they stopped paying for it and it was closed several months ago.

There's several comments on the facebook page requesting an update. No one from Youmacon responds. Apparently, emailing is a black hole.

It's less than a month away now. Are they just planning on having a half-empty dealers room?

The website also has "2015" written on several pages. No online registration system.
>>
>>9210666
Agreed. Saying that you shouldn't depend on the con to provide fun is kind of like saying you shouldn't depend on your plane ticket to actually get you to your destination! I'm not going to spend my money on an airline that leaves me stranded far from home, the same way I'm not going to spend my money on a convention that isn't fun.

We shouldn't have to "find our own fun" at a con, it should be provided for us since that's what we're paying for. I can literally go "find my own fun" anywhere, if that's what Youmacon staff really wants us to do then we can do it elsewhere without having to spend a dime.
>>
>>9210666
>>9210905

Idk how y'all con but i honestly cant think of a time where a con provided activity or guest 'made my con.' my most precious memories from cons normally come from goofing around with my friends in con space and attending photo shoots and gatherings. You know... social things. I thought I was being pretty insulting to youmacon saying they will never get above midteir but if you want to wear your tin foil hat and assume I'm staff then that's your prerogative. Right now you sound like the type who get in a fight at a con, then you blame the con for your bad time. Like dont act like cons does nothing. Renting those venues and negotiating hotel contracts bringing allll those people together...that isnt a small task. You could stay home and not spend a dime, but then you won't be where the people are. Who is going compliment your coord then? What new friend are you going to make because stuck up a converation about a prop?

I'll say it again cons are mostly a social gathering. Don't whine that youre arent being spoon fed entertainment. Find your own fun. With like you know... friends and people you are meeting because you both attended the same con. I just dont understand getting huffy about such little things.
>>
>>9210673
@mention them on twitter, or post on the fb page and tag morgan kollin. that seems to be the surest way to get a response. The panel DH seems on top of things this year but everything else is...
>>
>>9211239

Confirmed for butthurt staff member.
>>
>>9211239
If I wanted to have a social experience with my friends I would just invite them over to my place. I wouldn't pay for a hotel room + the "discounted" pre reg badge just for that.
I'm not going to an anime con to go see a circus act and shit djs that play dubstep farts that they made an hour before their act. There's literally no excuse for them to have an accurate schedule. Bigger cons can do it and also keep up a ios/android app. The staff here can't even manage to update their webpage or respond to emails.
>>
>>9211239
You have to be retarded.

Yes, conventions are partially a social gathering, but they're also the place to interact with the industry directly. Announcement, guests, Q&A... these are all things that bind fans and the industry tighter together. What's the point of a convention if it's shitting on both fans and industry? Like what?

Video game tournaments, table top, dealer's, artist alley, guests, panels, etc. All of these are both a place for industry and fans, so if one side is being mucked up don't just tell someone, "Oh, well, get some friends". I could just stay home and throw a party. Less assholes I don't know wandering in that are total neckbeards.
>>
>>9207194
Yeah, I might only go Saturday, possibly Sunday this year due to money stuff and not being able to afford a hotel this year. Might do a little closet cosplay tho. I honestly just want to go for the game room since it's really the best you can get in Michigan if you like rhythm games, and to meet people.
>>
>Cosplay plans
I'm gonna be Osomatsu from the Real Matsu episode, mask and all. Will probably get pictures with fujo but that comes with the territory

To be honest, the Halloween thing was a perfect excuse for normies.
>>
Damn I just want to know what everyones wearing
>>
>>9214585
Shame and regret
>>
>>9214585
I'll post my plans closer to the date.
>>
>>9214585
What're you wearing?
>>
>>9214585
I was thinking maybe either harambe or harely quinn
You know really stand out in the crowd
>>
>cosplans
I'll be Takatsuki Yayoi, Aiko from CG, and Mika from Kuromukuro.
>not a halloween con
Don't care - I'm being a nun for halloween anyway.
>>
>>9210673
There's been a couple mentions about a post office snafu on the facebook at the very least. The issue has since been resolved.. and posting on the twitter won't do anything since they're both run by the same person and the Dealer's head is -very- aware of it. He's been out for a bit because of surgery.
>>
>>9211239
butthurt staff member for certain confirmed.
>>
>>9215546
Cool! Any specific Yayoi outfit you'll be wearing?
>>
>>9215645
if the person is unfit for their job for a long period of time and continues to be unfit this close to the event, you have someone else fulfill those duties. you can't leave press, vendors, artists, guests hanging three weeks out, this kind of shit will destroy your event. also, don't try to call it a snafu if you're at fault.

with twitter, you're actively telling people not to post to them because they won't get a response. if your PR person is unfit, fire them. they seem to respond to nothing in a timely manner. such responses take, what, 2 minutes each? just looking at the FB wall there's a ton of posts at the page with very simple questions currently unanswered.

also, it looks like there is one (1) post by the facebook page, much later than the unanswered concerns on your page, now a full month without an update, which mind you, isn't an email or notice on the site (which still says it links to the 2015 contract). you really have to dig for this information!

this is a big mess and you guys need to do some serious cleanup, because people are taking serious notice.
>>
>>9217011
What I'm saying is if you've posted to Facebook, you don't need to post to Twitter, since the post has been seen already.
>>
>>9217408
Update: Vendors DH says to check junk mail, if you haven't received anything from him.
>>
Did a craiglist orgy post yet? I enjoy screenshoting it every year.
>>
>>9199726
who?
>>
>>9188209
Cry more, Corey
>>
File: professor_pester_02[1].png (688KB, 795x1121px) Image search: [Google]
professor_pester_02[1].png
688KB, 795x1121px
Cosplay for youmacon. Hopefully I can get it done in time. Paper mache is a fucking bitch and I am no profesional.
>>
>>9221417
>tfw I read this in his voice
I miss Viva Pinata...
>>
>>9216548
Luxury in Pink Diamond 765. A staple which I have yet to cosplay in my 4+ years of cosplaying her, but hopefully will be fun!
>>
You guys got any parking tips?
>>
There is a parking garage attached to the Renaissance center i think it's only $20 for a 24 hour park.
>>
>>9223091
Sometimes there's a lot that opens behind the place that's on the river that's super cheap. Otherwise one of the parking decks is your safest bet
>>
I'll be going as Gappy friday and Sunday, and then a friend and I will be Diego and Gyro on Saturday for the Jojo meetup.
Theres no special guest this year I'm really interested in seeing, I'm just here for the panels and dealer hall.
Who here jojo?
>>
>>9223287
I'm gonna be Sugar Mountain for the shoot. Was gonna bring Daiya or Reimi but I'm expecting a few of those
>>
>>9223109

I think that one, if you ask about it at the counter, they give you a ticket for discounted parking too.
>>
>>9223803
Damn, nice, I've never seen that done before.
This will be my first jojo meetup since I only got into the series February, so I'm not actually sure on what to expect aside from maybe lots of Caesars, Josephs.
I remember I saw a lot of Mistas last year which was surprising, and gives me hope for more SBR cosplay.
>>
>>9188209
I'm pretty sure Bo has never claimed to be the con chair.
>>
who's the party animal this con
>>
>>9223109
Ita usually full if youre not there early enough.

Park at greektown for free and take the people mover to rencen
>>
File: peach dog.jpg (11KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
peach dog.jpg
11KB, 228x223px
Am I mistaken or is Random Gibberish not coming? If so holy thank God. I remember having to sit through them and Kroze's shitty side project before Crush 40 last year.

>Random Gibberish was literally the musical equivalent of watching The Big Bang Theory
>Genuinely shouted "YOU FUCKING LEAVE THEM OUT OF THIS" when they dragged in Johnny Gioeli to sing The Final Countdown

>Kroze's band was genuinely middle school talent show-level entertainment
>They didn't have a set list, made it up as they went along
>Bragged that they wrote several of the songs in only a couple of hours
>Openly reading lyrics off of their phones
>Songs being sung by a man in his 30's who hasn't hit puberty yet

Crush 40 was still worth it though holy fuck
>>
>>9223931
I'll be Speedwagon... hopefully, if I can get my wig looking decent enough for it.

>>9226674
I'm really debating about whether or not I want to try leaving my car at Greektown over the weekend. Don't know if they'll tow me or not. Kinda imagine I could placate them by coming by and gambling a few times over the weekend.
>>
>>9228802
Forgot to mention that people outright cheered when Kroze's band said they were almost finished. Who the hell even is Kroze? Isn't he basically just Little Kuriboh's socially inept friend who attracted some notoriety for being an idiot?
>>
File: 1462922653303.png (82KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1462922653303.png
82KB, 210x240px
>Entire group just dropped.
>Have no one to room with now.

I'm about 5 seconds away from just saying fuck it and spending $1000 for an entire room to myself.
>>
>>9223109
There's one at Cobo for $10 flat
>>
>>9223109

Gere there early and you can park at Greek town for free.
>>
>>9228804

They rarely ever do. Greek Town also has a hotel so a lot of people, specially for Youmacon are going to be parked there over the weekend. Only time I know of that a car has ever been towed is when it's been there for over a week.
>>
>>9229087
I kinda figured that. I checked it out a few weeks back to see if it was still free, since I heard rumors of it having a system where you have to play to park for free. It's only like that on certain busy days (eg tigers/lions/wings games) but they had tons of "you're on camera!" signs everywhere.
>>
>>9229066
My group is looking for a 5th to get costs down, maybe we can work something out
>>
>>9229593

That would be awesome. Send me a message on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zerg_x/
>>
>>9214585
steampunk harley quinn bunny

trying to be a bit different this year.
>>
>>9228804
they wont tow. i live here in detroit and i stay at the hotel sometimes. i always park on the roof. no one touches my shit.
>>
>>9228802
Yeah, nice not to see Random Gibberish, but musical acts are slim pickings at best. Why do I feel like bands are a last minute shit show?
>>
>>9230700
Would you rather it turn into band and dj con like ACen?
>>
>>9231616
Not samefag, but honestly, they have more interesting guests.
>>
I feel so lazy getting ready for this con. I have stuff to do i just feel so meh about it.
>>
current tournament information is located here
https://twitter.com/MruSuk/status/786354691416416256

and here is the list of cabinets being brought
https://twitter.com/MruSuk/status/789095684519497728/
>>
>>9223287
I'll be Jolyne at the Saturday shoot. Is there a meetup separate from the photo shoot or can I not read right?
>>
First time ever heading to this convention.
Notice there's no fan panel listing on their website.
Also no schedule in general on there. Unless I'm just blind and keep missing it somehow.

Is this normal?
>>
>>9234488
Yeah, this is normal. You'll figure out the schedule once you get there.
>>
>>9234492
That's pretty odd. I'll go with the flow though.
Thanks
>>
>>9234488

Last year was the first time that I've attended (since 2008) I've seen them release their schedule more than 5 days before the con itself. I think it was 2 years ago they didn't release it online at all, and we had to find it all out at the con.

Or wait, was it that they had no guidebooks at all? I can't keep Youmacon's schedule woes in order at this point.
>>
>>9234498
Just didn't bother to release a schedule online at all? That seems pretty wild to me.
It must be a good convention though if you keep going back every year.
(Friends invited me I'm going in blind tell me it is)
>>
Looks like one of the newer guests is ducking out this year. Wonder if anyone will follow...?
>>
>>9234488
Schedule could be released any day before the con or just the day of.
Usually it's in print at the con before it's online if at all.
>>
>>9234498
They did have an issue a few years back where the printer for the schedules fucked up so they had to put signs up until like Saturday afternoon.
>>
File: 1467680187075.gif (978KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1467680187075.gif
978KB, 350x197px
Is it possible to pick up a badge on Thursday if you didn't pre-reg?
>>
>>9234781
No. It states it on the registration page.
>>
>>9234781
Nope. I recommend not having anything planned for an hour after registration opens on Friday since it usually opens late and runs slowly.
>>
>>9234897
Unless you want to wake up at the ass crack of dawn and 'line' up early.
>>
>>9234501

It definately is a good con, though I will say they seem to have one of those even year/odd year things, at least to me, where the even years are better and the odd years can vary between good and less good. I'm confident to say you'll enjoy yourself either way, though!
>>
Schedule is live

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FXkaBjv_5NnAKd6rlef1RDhVSASHG1c6gKQw7C3nFp4/htmlview#
>>
>>9235611
Nice! I can start planning my day at the con! Don't know if it's already been posted, but the layout of the dealer's room and list of dealers is out, too.

http://www.youmacon.com/11-event-information/73-dealers-layout-and-list-now-available
>>
Do any Canadians come to this con since it's near the border?
>>
>>9223287
YO I'll be Valentine on Saturday!!
>>
>>9235811
plenty of em.
>>
>>9235811
I know this one canadian who's coming but idk she's really dumb and likes to get drunk then yell memes at people
>>
>>9223287
I'll be Jonathan at the meet but I'll be walking around as Tonio.

It's so lame such a big con is only allowing one meet-up
>>
>>9235816
oh shit ! I'll keep an eye out for you, I def want pics.
>>
>>9236227
if you want another one, make an unofficial one and post it to the groups. it wont get on the schedule but if you make a fb event and share it around enough you'll still get people to show up
>>
>>9236227
>>9236243
There's an unofficial one on Friday afternoon.

Also when you're Tonio you better fucking say "MAMA MIA THATS A SPICY MEATBALL!" to me
>>
>>9236266
When/Where is the Friday meet?
>>
>>9236105
fuck you lol i yell the best memes
i won't be wearing my make anime great again hat here tho because i fear getting stabbed
>>
>>9236838
Top lel
>>
File: 1474414564168.jpg (84KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474414564168.jpg
84KB, 1000x1000px
>department ends up overstaffed
>far too late to reserve a room
>no answers from anyone regarding room share
>>
>>9236838
No do it, we'll all love you. Especially me.

Also eat a damn coney.
>>
>>9236788
It's going to be by that fountain in Hart Plaza that looks like an upside down wingnut. Here's the fb event for it:

www facebook com/events/1114609945281642/
>>
Where/When is the /cgl/ meetup?
>>
>>9237279
There isnt one planned but if you would like to volunteer to run one go for it.
>>
Where's the photoshoot schedule?
>>
>>9238035
On the same spreadsheet as the main schedule, different tab.
>>
>>9238045
Did they just get added? When I looked when it was released, they only had the Tabletop vendors. Thank you, regardless!
>>
>>9237292
I'll lead it
>>
>>9238082
>>9238082

Hurry up and give deats fagot its a week away
>>
File: 1439335864529.gif (303KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
1439335864529.gif
303KB, 480x228px
Is it youmacon yet
>>
>>9236838
I dunno... yelling memes seems like a socially awkward thing to do
>>
>>9238349
>>9238082
We'll meet up on Friday by the riverwalk at 6pm. I'll bring a sign.
>>
>>9239619
outside? be a lil cold wouldn't it?
>>
>>9239846
The weather in the area's been crazy lately. It was like in the low 70's yesterday.
>>
>>9239868
I live in the area, I suppose your right. looking at the forecast it doesn't seem to bad. guess I'll be there then.
>>
>>9239870
I hope it's not crazy. I do remember it snowing at some point a year or two ago.
>>
>>9239846
>>9239868
>>9240270
>>9239870
We don't have to stay there the whole time, but it's a good a meeting place as any.
>>
>inside the con is too hot
>outside the con is too cold

Also I hope you like walking. I guess that's part of the fun though
>>
File: Screenshot_20161031-150150~2.png (92KB, 1440x897px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161031-150150~2.png
92KB, 1440x897px
Here's what the weather will be during the con. I say keep a light jacket on hand if you plan to go outside.
>>
>>9240487
better than that spot in the hotel the last 2 years, way too packed.
>>
Are there any anons here with good taste and into stuff like Anne Happy that are around the Roseville area?
>>
>>9240779
I have the best taste in things and live in St Clair Shores. Never watched Anne Happy but I can give it a try if it means making friends ;_;
>>
>>9240517
Walk fast. Got it.
>>
File: 1463535697968.gif (98KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1463535697968.gif
98KB, 314x319px
>Someone drops out of my room this morning
>If we can't find anyone before friday, the cost will go up
>One roomie said she's dropping if the cost goes up

Goddamnit today's off to a shitty start. Really tempted to post in the facebook group but I realllllly don't want to deal with a random who could be a nutjob.
>>
>>9241241
Do it! It's a very cute show that unfortunately doesn't get much love. Do you have an email?
>>
lol online schedule goes up and they said it's complete, but it's missing like half the description for guest panels
>>
>>9240779
I've seen an episode of Anne Happy if that counts
>>
>>9241749
Did you enjoy it? I'm mainly just asking because my waifu is from that series so it'd be nice to have someone else to gush about it with.
>>
>>9241797
Yea I liked it, though you'd probably know more about it than me
>>
>>9241720
I do but it basically has my name in it haha. I can email you though!
>>
>>9241377
If you still need some one hit me up I was planning on driving but a room would be nice.
[email protected]
>>
>>9242001
Okay! [email protected]
>>
>tfw picking up badge tomorrow
Soon. Anybody going to check out the garage sale?
>>
>>9242546
May as well, there's never really a whole lot going on thursday
>>
>>9182578

Does anyone know whether you need a badge for the Charity Ball since they're selling tickets for that event specifically?
>>
When the hell is the Sched going to be operational? I know the main schedule is up, but the sched interface is awesome for my cellphone.

https://youmacon2015.sched.org/ for reference
https://youmacon2016.sched.org/
>>
File: 1346729334725.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1346729334725.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
So is this a shit con or what?

This is my first time going (this con or any major con really) - staying for the weekend with friends. Are people shitting on it because it's not up to snuff with the AAA massive cons or is it a good time?

I'm just looking to do some gaming, buy some manga, and check out some (hopefully fun) night time events. Maybe see a panel or two. I don't cosplay but I genuinely love seeing and learning about other people's cosplays.

It sounds like it's mis-managed as fuck, not sure how such a (relatively) large and experienced event can't keep it together. Or is it just a bit looser than the huge well-oiled machine mega cons on the coasts?

I read something about the tournaments being down graded which is pretty disappointing because I'm an active (and shit) member of the MI smash scene - will the game room be dead, or just more casual? I'm fine with casual as long as there's people.

I'm not going to bitch out about "wasting money." I'm an adult and have plenty of money - I'm more concerned about it being genuinely fun time, I know this isn't the San Diego ComicCon but if I'm in for a tiny, shitty, uncontrollable clusterfuck then I'd like to manage my expectations.
>>
>>9242883
It's a decent con I have fun
>>
>>9242883
I've always had fun and I don't give a shit about the organization or events. It's entirely who you have fun with and how you have fun
>>
>>9242887
>>9242896

Cool, that's good to hear - thanks for the feedback, anons
>>
>>9242896
>>9242887
Also, I ordered the three day pass online back in september - can I just show up with the printed out ticket on Friday or should I head to the Cobo tomorrow after work to need to pick up a badge?

With the online ticket will I need to or no? I'd prefer to avoid lines.
>>
>>9242905
the printout won't do you any good, redeem your badge
>>
>>9242915
Cool, I'll head to Cobo after work.
Thanks again!
>>
>>9242546
I wish I could check out the garage sale, but I still have to work Thursday night.
>>
>>9242883
you can find the info on tournaments and the game room here
https://twitter.com/MruSuk/status/793568497146081280
https://twitter.com/MruSuk/status/793570443349241857?lang=en

I can't imagine it being dead at all.

the guy organizing it is a friend of mine, if you have any questions I can shoot them to him.
>>
>>9242883
4th year going, its fun, you just have to do your own thing and have fun with it. Never cared much for the panels or many of the events but meeting some of the voice actors is pretty cool.
>>
>>9242883
You can have fun, but you can see ot about to burst at the seams. It's like going to that one friends house you really like, but his parents are constantly fight.
>>
>>9242883
It's a pretty fun con. For me, the mismanagement usually is just a mild inconvenience, not something that massively fucks me over.
>>
>youmacons staff are ____

Con's are run by volunteers, even at the department head level, having access to a budget is not the same as getting paid, and there is no Running Anime-Cons 101 corse you can take so the new people are taught the old shitty way or just have to make it up as they go..

I've gone to youma and many others as a vendor over the years they have treated me better than most. Not perfect but way better they some of these shit other events..
>>
>>9242883
I've loved it every year really. Sure there are things that could be better, but in general its a blast.

I haven't looked at the schedule yet but my favorite panels are the ones where they talk about how to not be a creeper, and the one about chicken and beef. Oh, and late night mario party stuff.

The goddamn game room is legendary every year and needs its own mention.

Honestly the worst part is having to decide between going to cobo or staying in the Ren Cen.... and they seem so far away to me. But sometimes people seem to be a walking party which makes it okay. Don't do it drunk though. Bad news. I almost broke my ankle.

Make sure to get pictures with the Detroit Fist on the walk.
>>
>>9243280
And don't forget to get a coney because why the fuck not
>>
>>9243211
That's the best comparison I've ever heard.
>>
Who's doing bad shit this con?
>>
>>9243241
>there is no Running Anime-Cons 101 course you can take
This is actually incorrect. AX has hosted seminars on running anime conventions for a few years.
>>
>>9242527
I emailed. If you didnt get anything then lemme try again
>>
>>9243588
Me
>>
>>9243597
That is far and away a collage course. And forgive me but I don't trust another con to teach me to be their competitor...
>>
I still have a double bedroom suite where I'm alone this con. But I'm probably taking a bunch of shit so idk
>>
>>9243645
Let's do bad shit together
>>
>>9243668
>Lel, a seminar? You can't learn anything from a seminar!
>Why would they train their competition it's not like there's a 1 in 50 chance you'll be operating in the same state they are. Durr hurr hurr
>forgive me
I don't. You sound stupid and paranoid.
>>
>>9243696
You you're saying there is no point in going to university as long as you can find a seminar just take that and you'll be an expert overnight! Right.. Cons are the easiest thing to run! Oh wait, then why aren't they all perfect? Odd..
>>
>>9243588
I will be
>>
>>9243680
We have 6 people and we got a single king bed
Fug you
>>
Holy shit, tumblr in full force here. Blue hair everywhere
>>
Should I go to the In the Name of The Moon I'll Punish You panel or the Lisa Ortiz Q&A...
>>
Nice titty monster on the back of the schedule book
>>
>>9243722
Send someone over)
>>
>>9243779
I'm pretty sure that's Jon St John's daughter
>>
>>9243723
I keep forgetting the con starts thursday.
>>
Nothing beats having your room situation thrown into complete chaos the day before checking in because one roomie fucking forgot to tell his girlfriend that she has to pay for the room too.
>>
>>9243723
>Blue hair everywhere
It's called cosplay Anon
>>
Anyone up for partying? Weve got a big group, about to head to the arcade with booze
>>
>>9243803
So is she a guest? She has a panel, but isn't featured so wtf? They probably paid for it so why not advertise it?
>>
Room parties where?
>>
>>9243835
Do they check bags?
>>
>>9244168
Check back tonight. Getting a crew together
>>
>>9244484
Lurking
>>
How's the badge line?
>>
>>9244630
Wraps around cobo hall
>>
Hey guys ive done nothing in preparation how do I get a badge?
>>
>>9244658
Stand in line and wait
>>
meet up when?
>>
>>9244677
Second this
I'm down to meet as well
>>
>>9244677
I believe some other anon said 6 PM at the riverfront outside of the rencenn. I'm still game for that.
>>
>>9244673

How long that take
>>
>>9244693
I've been here over half an hour and it will probably be at least 45 more minutes. I'm not even on the inner line going into the door yet.
>>
>>9244691
This. Is it outside by the world map or inside in the wintergarden?
>>
>>9244719

anon said he would make a sign but just in case look for profesor pester from viva pinata or the red tiki dude with a pinata in the winter garden
>>
When's the rave? I just wanna take a drunk cosplay girl back to her room like every year
>>
>>9244829
Like 10 or 11 PM. you'll see a lot of people start lining up for it real early though. No need honestly.

Good luck with the rest, I suppose.
>>
So they said I can't get in the charity ball without fancy shoes, but I already got my ticket... Did my inability to read beforehand lose me $10?

At least its for charity I guess
>>
>>9244851
Not that guy but are the raves better Friday or Saturday? Last year I remember seeing people say that the Saturday one is somehow better
>>
>>9244875
I'd say Saturday is just better on principle of people being able to pregame, Friday doesn't allow that for many who have to work earlier in the day.
>>
im for meet yp get to winter garden
>>
First time tripping at a con. It's a lot less scary than I though it would be. I guess I'm still in for a ride, though.
>>
>>9244858
They really got you for just shoes? I find that hard to believe
>>
Bar meet up tonight?
>>
>>9244907
They said something about it when I got my ticket, and they even said we can switch once we get in so I'm pretty sure they wont stop me. If they do it would be bogus though.
>>
>go to meet up spot
>No one's there
Well ok then
>>
>>9244930

We wait till 6:30 but pinata guy had to go.

How about bar meet up at 6 tomorrow over in the corner?
>>
>>9244938
I'm in
>>
>>9244947
>>9244947

Ok then. Tomorrow 6 at the ren cen bar. What is a good spot we can take?
>>
>>9243727
Ortiz
>>
>>9244938
Yeah alright
>>
>>9244923
Where's the bar at?
>>
>>9244957
Which bar which corner?
>>
I keep seeing you guys saying to get a Coney. Please elaborate, I am hungry. You mean in the food court? Are the conies legendary or something?
>>
Have panel descriptions been posted anywhere online? I don't see anything on the Youmacon website.
>>
>>9245044
I live in detroit. a coney is a hotdog with chili, onions, and mustard. Its nothing special.
>>
File: IMG_7082.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7082.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
THE FIRE INSIDE ME BURNED BRIGHTER THAN THE FIRE AROUND ME

They allow unloaded airshit right?
>>
Can I go to the rave tomorrow without a pass?

If not, how much is it for a pass for only Saturday and can I pay with a card?
>>
File: 1431333569567.jpg (41KB, 642x663px) Image search: [Google]
1431333569567.jpg
41KB, 642x663px
Who /nofriends/ at the con?
>>
>>9245199
I'm going alone too but I'll probably force myself into any cute girls circle
>>
>>9245199
Here. Just sat at a random table at the bar and just silently listened and nodded to conversations.
>>
>>9245199
I convinced my gf to come for the day
>>
File: IMG_6049.jpg (219KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6049.jpg
219KB, 1024x576px
>>9244938
See you there tomorrow. I am the knight on the left.
>>
Friday rave was ass, anons where?
>>
>>9245044
The place in the food court is okay but Lafayetye and American are great and not super far from the con. Also literally next door to each other.

But like that other anon said they're not super special. They're tasty and cheap but we're just super proud of our crazy regional foods here.
>>
>>9245171
My boys walked right in withou passes. Theyre just patting down people. Remember, these are autist volunteers, they don't know what they're doing.
>>
>>9245121
The Ren Center has rules against stuff that looks like guns. And their security has been everywhere this weekend
>>
>>9245449
Ah, that makes sense. I live in poho so I've had a Coney before I just wondered if the local ones were superb or something. I'll probably still get one today, I love me some Coney dogs
>>
>>9245538
Nice nice, gonna go up there in a few hours and see what's good
>>
Fighting Game players got fucked over this year
>>
>>9245679
Good
>>
Don't think ill make it to the meet up, playin in the smash tourney at 5. I mean. I kinda hope I don't make it lol

Besides, was it ever clarified where in the RenCen the bar to meet up at is?
>>
>>9245718
Marriott Lobby
>>
Chances of getting laid: 0%
Chances of getting fucking TURNT: 100%
>>
>>9245769
I just got laid lol
We're all gonna make it
>>
Is there an Osomatsu shoot? If so, when and where
>>
>>9245679
im so sad because the game room was much nicer last year and tournaments were better but we got absolutely cucked
>>
>>9245774
Was she hot at least? Post pics
>>
So which one of you was dressed as Punpun?
>>
6 at left corner of jolt bar 4chan meet up,don't forget!
>>
>>9245932
I'm here, who am I looking for? I am wearing knight costume
>>
>>9245941

Fuck im going to be late my phone is dead. Are people still there?
>>
>>9245932
Omw, I'm cosplaying a weeaboo.
>>
>>9245942
Yes
>>
>>9245955
>>9245943
>>9245942
>>9245941
>>9245932

You guys still there? What table you all at?
>>
im cominf to bar no one move!!!
>>
Where the hell are you weebs? We're at the bar. Who or what do we look for?
>>
No wonder the game room is fucking full, there's 30 people huddled around one smash brothers tv
>>
>>9245994
This is why these meetups never work. No one know what anyone looks like.
Also I had to leave right away sorry
>>
>first con
>meet and chat with all sorts
>bed an Emilia-tan at night

I regret waiting until 25.
>>
>>9246024
Things that never happened. The post.
>>
>>9246024
this board is for cosplay, not dream interpretation, anon
>>
If anyone still wants to hangout I'll be by the volt bat. Black shirt and glasses with brown pants.
>>
>go with the hopes of seeing cool cosplays and talking to some people
>never do
>always feel as uncomfortable as always
fuck
>>
>>9245121
Well that was a shitty first con
Did nothing with my pass because my friends who did all the planning were no shows

I pussied out of buying anything cutesy to become the twink I am because of how big of a twink I am

Had like 10 people get pictures and got a lot of compliments so that's fine I guess

My feet hurt.
>>
>>9246013
>>9245958
We need a telegram or discord or something
>>
how did this con manage to be worse than shuto?
>>
>>9246081
If your still here come by the bar
>>
Where is the rave located and what's the best way to sneak in? Didn't buy a pass cause all I wanna do is rave and that's not worth $45
>>
>>9246081
were you the felix
>>
>>9246126
there was a Felix and I missed him? fuck.
>>
>>9246150
Yeah. Didn't see his face, but he had a nice back at least.
>>
Where's the rave at?
>>
>>9246196
Its on the 4th floor of the ren cen, in the ballroom.
>>
>>9246196
Also it starts at midnight tonight, according to the booklet. Although I'm told that's prone to being full of shit
>>
>>9246101
>>9246212

Can't give tips on sneaking in, seeing as this is my first year. Good luck yo
>>
Obviously the meet up fell to shit. If you see a curly haired weeb in a black protomen tshirt feel free to shout memes at him
>>
>>9246101
Find 2 friends and get both of them to go in and then give both badges to one of them, leave, give you the extra, and then both of you go in while returning your borrowed badge
>>
Is anyone here following the Paige shitshow on twitter?
>>
>>9246262
Link that shit
>>
>>9246271
check the media tabs of http://twitter.com/wugaazi and http://twitter.com/witchdetective
>>
>>9246093
I'm done for this year, waiting on some amazon orders Sunday and I live in a bad neighborhood

>>9246126
I was Joshua Graham
>>
File: IMG_6056.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6056.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
How do I get on people mover from cobo to the ren?
>>
>>9246344
get on at Cobo and wait until it circles back around to the rencen.
>>
>>9246013
I dont want to fucking here it. Some how the easter con goers can organize a god damn meet
>>
>>9246335
What a feel.
>>
>>9246256
Today ill be the curly haired weeb in the white tshirt that says "T-shirt". Meme my shit up senpais
>>
Saturday's panel schedule was such shit. Why did they stuff all of the good shit onto friday?
>>
Did everyone have a good time?
>>
File: IMG_0574.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0574.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My cousin just bought some random guy's mixtape.
What is he in for? Is it hot fire?
>>
>>9247083
I found one with peppy on it in the cobo the other night. Barely listened yet but it seemed chill. Excited to delve when I get home
>>
>>9247107
As in the rabbit from Star Fox?
Because I have no idea what the hell is on the album.
>>
>>9247114
Yeah, the rabbit from star fox. Definitely a different cover. Idk what that dank shit is. You should post results and maybe sauce?
>>
>>9247147
It's from some guy on the street. I'll rip it and make a thread later tonight on /mu/.
>>
>>9247050
Yup, met a lot of cool Canadians, played some cool games. Panels were kinda meh.
>>
>>9247050
Yeah it was fun, speed dating was shit this year.
>>
>>9247083
That guy who sold them was pretty chill, looked like easy e too
>>
>>9247050
My first con. Loads of fun. I hope to come again soon, to either next year's youma or another con.
>>
>>9247166
Only went to the jojo panel, it kinda sucked. 90% trivia and prizes, not worth getting up at 8 a.m. for
>>
Me and my girlfriend were mariah and bastet from jojo if anybody saw us on saturday
>>
>>9247083
I bought a copy too. Guy's been selling that for at least five years. I used to take the bus down to Wayne State so I'd run into him all the time while waiting for a transfer. Or after Jury Duty. I eventually saw him at youma and decided to buy a copy for a room party. Then I remembered that it's not 1997 and no one had a CD player.
>>
>>9247050
I had a pretty good time. I didn't go to a single panel and the only things I actually went to that I planned out were room parties and the jojo shoots. Conventions lately for me have become more about seeing friends and dicking around in game rooms and photoshoots.

I genuinely wanted to beat the shit out of the two roomies I took in last minute to make my room affordable.
>They're a couple
>Boyfriend didn't tell girlfriend about rooming during youmacon UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT
>Also forgot to tell her that she had to pay

>Boyfriend starts ordering bottles of water sent to the room
>Genuinely had no idea that it cost money

>They keep me up all night with their snoring
>Decide to come back to the room later to nap while they're not around
>They're back sleeping and snoring loudly again
>Just go nap in my car

>>9247166
I met some Canadians but they weren't cool. Mostly just spouting out memes and demanding I take their pictures.

>>9247172
There was a speed dating panel? I looked and didn't see one. Unless it had some wacky name this year.

>>9247354
Totally wanted to go to it but didn't honestly feel like getting up early and shooting for that. I just hope it was better than last year's where tumblr weebs who barely have read the manga are condemning Part 8 for "looking boring."
>>
>>9247083
I bought one 3 years ago and it was fucking blank. I told him about it this year and he gave me a free copy.
>>
>>9247425
You made the right call not going. The moderator kept plugging her youtube channel as well. If you were at the shoot she was the girl dressed as diego with the tail. I've been a huge fan of the series for a few years, and it was crazy to see how seriously so of these people are obsessed with it, my girlfriend asked me why I didn't want to talk to anybodyelse there about the series, and I feel it's surprisingly difficult to find someone who's just a fan to discuss it with, instead of some asspie who spergs out about the whole thing
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 1280x960px
>>9246335
hey that was me. I came to this thread kind of suspecting there'd be a pic of me. words can't describe this feeling.

>>9247050
It was fun, this is the first time in a few years I went all three days, though I only stayed long enough Sunday to use the rest of my pachinko balls. some of the panels were awful but the game room was on point.
>>
>>9247448
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm kind of getting annoyed at how JoJo kinda stopped being a bunch of dorks nerding it up over a wacky franchise to your standard tumblr fandom.

My favorite thing during the jojo shoots was chatting it up with other fans about Araki's nonsensical logic (eg his blurbs on volumes) or odd things like Kira more or less being undone because he impersonated a man with a pervert son.

Who were you at the shoot, by the way? I was a Speedwagon.
>>
>>9247356
I remember seeing you guys at the meetup on saturday but didnt have my phone on me to take any pics myself.
I was EoH Diego. I think that meetup was the funnest part of the con!
>>
>>9247468
This is me, I should have connected it to another post ---> >>9247356
>>
>>9247473
were you in the group with johnny and gyro?
>>
>>9247476
I came with a Gyro, but we didnt have a Johnny with us. We both did the corpse eye contacts / makeup.
>>
>>9247478
I believe I do remember you guys, everybody looked really good for the most part, waaaay more people than I expected, and way more variation this year. I can't wait to see the photos
>>
>>9247489
This was my first jojo meetup since I've only gotten into the series this February.
Costume quality aside, it was probably the friendliest atmosphere ive been in at youma in a while. Met a lot of great people.
>>
>>9247492
Yeah it was so great. JoBros are truely the best.

>>9247489
I was amazed at the turnout. Easily had to have doubled from last year. Really came a long way from when it was 20-ish dweebs huddled in the corner of the Wintergarden.
>>
>>9247172
Was it a sausage fest like every year?
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but how the hell did you all find your way to the Wintergarden? The map in the program made it look like it was on the third floor of the RenCen, but I couldn't find it anywhere on that floor. Then I tried following signs that said "Wintergarden," but those didn't point me in any direction that looked like it was the right way. Long story short, Yakety-Sax was playing in the background while I ran around like the sleep-deprived idiot that I was trying to find my way to the photoshoot I wanted to attend. Before you ask, this wasn't my first Youmacon, but it was the first time I actually wanted to go to a photoshoot in that area.

Other than that little snafu, I had fun this year. I don't regret only going one day this year, it made me more focused on finding stuff to do. I didn't get as much from the Dealers Room as I thought I would, but I'm satisfied with what I did buy. There was a stall in the Artists Alley that I really wanted to get something from, but no one was there and I didn't have time to wait around for them to come back.
>>
Anyone got any good pics from this year?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2641x3044px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2641x3044px
>>9247632
I got a few. I don't take pics of cosplayers often, usually only if it's a really obscure/specific thing that I know nobody else is doing.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>9247703
>>
File: image.jpg (861KB, 1996x2678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
861KB, 1996x2678px
>>9247704
thicc
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2948x3750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2948x3750px
>>9247710
>>
File: image.jpg (846KB, 2846x2846px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
846KB, 2846x2846px
>>9247714
I found this one at the meme panel, fittingly.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 640x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 640x774px
>>9247715
and here's one more of >>9246335 in line
>>
Alright, I'll concede. This year was better than the shit show I expected last year. My only gripe was they need to fix their schedule, I couldn't find the radio playing music, and a lot of fans panels I went to were downright horrible.

But the guests were great, people were awesome, staff didn't suck
>>
Why where con staff and security such shit this year?
>>
Best Youmacon I've been to yet. The game room with all the Japanese arcades was fucking amazing.

Friend said there was some internal shit that would have made me hate it, but I don't give a fuck, I had fun.
>>
Thread is autosaging, so I made a new thread

>>9247926
>>9247926
>>9247926
>>9247926
>>9247926
>>
File: 20161105_215622.jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_215622.jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
>>9247050
I had a drunken time

So yes.
>>
>>9247425
Yeah, it was called minute to mingle, but everyone referred to it as speed dating when asked.
>>9247590
There was a decent number of chicks, but it was terribly organized, so I had to talk to a huge amount of dudes.
>>
>>9247703
Is that the Work Time Fun cover kid?
Thread posts: 442
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.