[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Lets Just Pretend I Came up With a Clever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 27

File: sunflower girl.jpg (656KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
sunflower girl.jpg
656KB, 1000x1414px
Previous Thread: >>9164815

Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>Anon got fed up with people asking for pictures of themselves
>Closet Overwatch Mei cosplay
>"Alice Madness Returns cosplays are getting overdone"
>Tully circlejerk. Now with 100% more Nijntje and gull-chan!
>Billen!
>"Notice me C-senpai!"
>Cosplaying a game character without having played the game? HERESY I TELL YEE!
>Gophering at AnimeCon, stewarding at Abunai and how it ruins everything you love about that con
>Firstlook questions
>Nishicon worries
>GameRoomS
>Best cosplay competition stage in the Netherlands? World Forum!
>Xbox Nederland "From Zero to Hero" cosplay series

Convention news:
>Elfia is in two weeks and tickets are still available (€22,50 for one day, €35,95 all weekend)
>While Nishicon has no news, you can register for alternatief slapen at http://altslapen.mmoguild.org/
>Firstlook is releasing more news and content on their Facebook page, so make sure to check it if you're interested in Firstlook!

Next five /cgl/ related events:
>Elfia (September 24rd & 25th, Arcen LB) is an outdoor medieval/fantasy convention. The programming is still in the making so there's not a lot I can really say about it yet.
>Tomofair (October 1st & 2nd, Nijmegen GLD) is a cheap small fair with anime, manga and other J-culture relevant items. Just keep your expectations low and you might find yourself having a fun day.
>First Look (October 7th - 9th, Utrecht) is a gaming convention in the Jaarbeurs, complete with cosplay competitions for WCS and Solo acts.
>Nishicon (October 7th - 9th, Almelo OV) is an anime convention which for the first time will be 3 days long.
>Imagicon (October 15th, Ede GLD) is a Cosplay, Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy con. They also have a cosplay compo.
Dutch convention agenda: http://pastebin.com/QaZ23aUA If there are any cons missing form the list, make sure to post it in the thread so I can add them.
>>
File: tully scribble.jpg (2MB, 4618x3464px) Image search: [Google]
tully scribble.jpg
2MB, 4618x3464px
And to make up for the lack of Tully in the OP image, have this quick and dirty colourisation of the original Tully scribble and an attempt at a casual Tully cosplay outfit.
>>
File: image.jpg (969KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
969KB, 2592x1936px
I found those cards in Amsterdam and I had to share
>>
File: image.jpg (968KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
968KB, 2592x1936px
>>9181585
>>
>>9181519
Cute idea, I only miss the 3 hearts that she could either have at hair clips or on her forehead.

>>9181585
>>9181587
Cute!
>>
>>9181162

Confirms what most of us suspected: Gamepit avoided quite a dirty hostile takeover by Tomocon.
>>
File: Nijntje-Slide1.jpg (37KB, 689x383px) Image search: [Google]
Nijntje-Slide1.jpg
37KB, 689x383px
>>9181519
I always feeled like Tully would wear an overall/dress above a t-shirt, like Nijntje. But it's cute.
>>
File: tully_cosplay_design.jpg (851KB, 2032x3256px) Image search: [Google]
tully_cosplay_design.jpg
851KB, 2032x3256px
>>9181585
>>9181587
Those will work wonderfully after some minor angle adjustments. Thanks for sharing Anon, I'll try to do some magic and use them later on!

>>9181589
>I only miss the 3 hearts that she could either have at hair clips or on her forehead.
Fixed it for the sake of completion. They probably would work best as hair clips or maybe a band with stand-offs considering how tall the wig would be. Not that I would ever wear it, I'm just not into crossdressing. Instead I'm just hoping to see a Tully cosplay at a convention some day...

>>9181602
>I always feeled like Tully would wear an overall/dress above a t-shirt, like Nijntje.
A "proper" Tully cosplay would definitely wear a dress like that. The only problem to me is that I can't help but feel it looks a bit too childish for a costume worn by a twenty-something. So yeah, let's just think of this as Tully's older casual sister going out to the club? I don't know, I just got bored and tried to draw something.
>>
>>9181648
Hmm... I might at least give the hat-thing a try.
>>
>>9181648
>clumps
...did you mean clogs anon
>>
Hi there

as Founder of Gamepit I'd like to clear up some facts.
I was the original founder of StreetPass Netherlands, which grew to GamePit Events.
Renzo joined after we became a foundation, just before the 2nd GamePitCon.
I discovered Renzo was continiously transfering things to his own company (domains, hosting .etc).
So I had this strange feeling he wasn't in for the visitors, but instead for the money.
He also wanted for example, a way higher kilometer allowance than most of us (I of course didn't agree, so it was easier to get rid of me) and most of his claims you have seen in his 6-page long letter are false or made up.
I have been sick in the last year and even experienced some things that could've been my death, because of this I got behind with the administration, but I made the deal I would fix everything in my vacation (With the other staff members). But then Renzo used this as an excuse to kick me out (while he first agreed to the deal).
I'm not saying I haven't made any mistakes, I'm not perfect either, but please put in some research into the situation next time and check all the facts before you make up your opinion about me.

Brian
>>
>>9182566
hey, how's that tomoass taste? 'cause you're sucking up to them and all that
>>
yeas tomotaste will be there this year, but I can't remember them serving ass

But without joking;

We work together with all organisations that are interested in working together, Tomo does offer us more so we work together a lot, this way we can have a faster grow. For example Tomo helped us getting our new screens (they paid a lot to us upfront) we can now offer cheap to other events.
If another organisation would like to sponsor us, have a give away or help us improve the quality of our gamerooms they can mail me at [email protected]

Thanks!
>>
I also wanted to add to all if this that Tomo only gave us said screens after I sucked Mark's cock and took it from behind. Because I didn't wanted to admit I actually enjoyed this I spend most my time venting my frustration by shouting at and harassing volunteers, and meeting traps in hotel rooms during conventions. This is also why I skipped so many shifts. Of course now I have accepted that I enjoy being Mark's little buttslave and I am looking forward to working together with him (and any organisation wanting to use ma as their buttslave) in the future.
>>
Brian got the humor from TomoMark. Bravo!
>>
>>9182586
be sure to tape it next time you have a little meeting
wouldnt mind seeing you get boned like the little autistic bitch you are
>>
>>9181648
This is better! Good job!
>>
>>9182566
nr1 rule, defending yourself on /cgl/ doesnt work that well and majority doesnt give a shit anyway
>>
File: HOdSCiN.gif (126KB, 347x336px) Image search: [Google]
HOdSCiN.gif
126KB, 347x336px
>>9182566
>>9182570
>Actually believing you're important enough to post a statement about yourself on /cgl/
>>
>>9182570
>I can't remember them serving ass
I don't remember them serving anything else, actually.
>>
>>9182595
well at least he does show some balls by posting his mail address on such a site as 4chan. I have to give him credit for that...
>>
>>9182566
Is that mario cosplayer in your group? Fire his ass. He gives your organisation a bad name.
>>
>>9182612
not his personal email though, i want the real deal!
>>
>>9182586
you must be joking

also, good luck with trains
>>
Hi,

Thanks for replying as me, really appreciate it.

I want to point out that this is BS and that I wouldn't do any of that.

Mark didn't gave me the screens, Tomo paid us rent which helped us getting them (about 2/5 of the costs, this has been approved by their other 2 staff members Mark can't even access the bank account)

Also I'm straight and going on a date next Saturday with a girl that has been one of my best friends for quite some time now ;)
I accidentally skipped a shift once but I was fixing problems for us, normally I don't have shifts because I'm the leader and busy with it the whole day and even before the convention (The only things I do at Conventions is the AMV competition and walking through the dealerroom, mostly I need to get back when I'm doing one of those things)

Also quite often when I had a hotel room, other people we're looking for a place to stay, I then help them out and let them stay at mine free (Well they need to pay the citytax)

Any other questions?
Brian
>>
>>9182617
He's very lazy, he probably forwards everything to his personal mail.

>>9182615
He hasn't cosplayed as mario for the past 6 months or so.
>>
>>9182621
I'm laughing. Are you seriously replying to that and proving you're straight? I think you are missing the point.
>>
[email protected] here ya go ;)
>>
>>9182623
maybe you should explain it to him.
>>
Also, I sync all my email addresses with POP3 to my gmail account
>>
>>9182622
>He hasn't cosplayed as mario for the past 6 months or so.

That's not the point. I don't know his name, I know his appearance. I don't care if he's cosplayed as mario or cosplayed as a pokemon trainer and walks around with pokemon plushies, he's very annoying and gives gamepit or gamerooms.nl or whatever a bad name.
>>
>>9182628
i was just joking, but thanks
>>
>>9182623
Not to mention his "proof" is basically telling us he got friendzoned but doesn't even know it yet.

>>9182629
STOUTLAND!
>>
>>9182629
All the members of gamerooms give gamerooms a bad name.
Actually they give all organisations a bad name.

>>9182621
As a person that has met you: Your a dickwad.
>>
>>9182621
>Thanks for replying as me, really appreciate it.
No problem. I know how hectic things can be so I figured I might as well help you out here, just like how I took over the phone from you when they called to say you're fired.

With love, your dad.
>>
>>9182637
Did you take it out off his ass before or after they fired him.
>>
>>9182636
why don't you join them then? or start your own gaming community. I'm sure the gameroom quality will vastly improve under your supreme leadership!
>>
>>9182640
A doctor did, when my little boy went on a tantrum he accidentally the whole bottle.

>>9182641
Son, why aren't you using your name?
>>
There is activity at the Nishicon department!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Screenshot_20160912-160443.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160912-160443.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Nishicon just posted this, looks like the con isn't dead after all!
>>
>>9182645
it has never been...
it's just weird that NISHIcon (西 = west) is in the EAST of the netherlands. shouldn't they call it "higashicon"? (東 = west)
>>
>>9182646
But the convention is held in The Netherlands. Shouldn't they call it "Eastcon" (east = oost)?
>>
>>9182646
You're not the first suggesting this, but according to the head honcho, they're technically still in what's universally known as the western part of the world, therefore the west can still be part of their name.

Yea, I don't get that reasoning either.
>>
>>9182644
Aw crap, you beat me to it. Stupid hivemind...

>>9182646
I meant it more in the sense of "they finally shared something after 6 months of complete silence". I really don't get why they decided to go this long without a single post, not to mention not answering questions asked on the event page...
>>
>>9182653
That's a pretty legit reasoning. You explained it clearly. How can you not get it yourself.
>>
>>9182656
because we're stupid and have a low IQ just like everyone in this thread
>>
>>9182658
Word
>>
>>9182658
Finally, some Brian flavoured salt for my popcorn!
>>
>>9182645
I wonder how much profit Taji has made from weebs by now, lol. Not hating btw, I'm also guilty of liking sushi.
>>
>>9182725
I honestly doubt that he actually makes a profit. I mean with travelling and ingredient costs and the actually pretty low prices of these extra tickets, I'm assuming it's going to be pretty much even.
>>
>>9182725
I have to go with >>9182740 on this. Still, I like doing sushi workshops as they are a cheap way of having sushi for dinner. You just have to be on the lookout on whose sushi you eat as not everyone follows proper hygiene or kitchen etiquette.
>>
>>9182656
With that reasoning, every con on this side of the globe would be a Nishi con.
>>
>>9182621
>I accidentally skipped a shift once but I was fixing problems for us, normally I don't have shifts because I'm the leader and busy with it the whole day and even before the convention

So much failure in 1 sentence.
a) Describing yourself as "the leader" is such a display of arrogance, that attitude itself makes you unqualified for organizing anything with volunteers.
b) missing a shift without a substitute is just failing to do your job.
c) planning yourself to do a job while other things might pop up is just really poor planning.

Sorry, but I see three fundamental issues you have here which make you exactly the type of person Tomosomething looks for. And that is not a compliment.
>>
>>9182867
And he got the humor from TomoMark. So....
>>
>>9182645
And they just confirmed Deshima sounds too!
That was my main concern. Even if the con sucks, there will still be Deshima.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_014548.jpg (56KB, 1440x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_014548.jpg
56KB, 1440x296px
>>9183261
Fuck yes, guess I'll be asking around my con group tomorrow and see if anyone is up for Nishicon and if alternatief slapen has enough spots left in case we do go.
>>
>>9182629
Agreed. He is a loud disgusting pig and he is so biased too. He disqualified my friend because 'he won too often'. The rest should just git gud imo. Also the one time my friend was allowed to play he kept cheering on him enemies, saying "too bad you lost from a champion (???)" etc. Really ruined the competition for us.
>>
>>9182629
>>9183872
Sounds like a real pathetic guy, hope I won't be seeing him around
>>
>>9183872
But Anon, your friend being good is unfair to those who hadn't had enough time to practice or lack skills. How are they ever going to win a competition like that? /CosplayNL
>>
It's almost Elfia Arcen! Who's going?
>>
>>9185006
I'm curious about it, but not curious enough to spend 85 minutes in an overcrowded sweaty bus. I might go to TomoFair tho as I'm in Nijmegen nearly every weekend anyway...
>>
>>9185024
1 hour and 25 minutes.... that's not long at all? I travel that daily and back.. and shitfair? damn weird choice haha
>>
>>9185006
I'll be going both days, but only one day in costume.
>>
>>9185026
It's not long by my standards either as I don't mind traveling 2.5 hours just to share a cup of coffee with a friend. However while I have zero problems with trains, trams or cars, I do get extremely nauseous when riding the bus. If I don't get off after 30~45 minutes I'll pretty much end up throwing up all over the place which isn't exactly something I consider "a fun thing to do". So yeah, if I could had taken the train or fetch a ride to Arcen I definitely would go and satisfy my curiosity.
As for TomoShit, I already have evening plans in Nijmegen that weekend so I might as well check it out. In the worst case I end up blowing dome pocket change and get to share how awful it was with you gulls.
>>
I was going to go to the utrecht cosplay meet but I'm too old to hang out with little kids.
>>
>>9185100
Cosplay meets are embarrassing as fuck anyway.
>>
>>9185100
I feel extra awkward during such meetings. So I don't join them on purpose.
>>
>>9185100
I went to a cosplay meeting when I was 14. I found it cringy then and I find it cringy now. But if you live nearby and want to make weeb friends in your vicinity, that's probably the only reason to check it out.
>>
File: how_do_you_do_fellow_weaboos.jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how_do_you_do_fellow_weaboos.jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
>>9185100
>>
I feel already awkward in the normal world. So meetings will make it worse for me. Even conventions, but there I can hide if I want.
>>
>>9185142
>I feel already awkwardly in the normal world
Sincere question; why do you feel awkward?
>>
>>9185145
It is more how people react on who I am and what I do. black clothing (no goth), still single, working hard, my interest in Japan. It is probably not done for a lady. Not for the neighborhood where I live. Time to move.
>>
>>9185152
>Inb4 Sad Anon now goes full "Notice me Kuro-chan"
With that being said, I'm sorry to hear that Anon. It does sound like a change of scenery will do you good, just know people will still judge you for who you are and what you do no matter where you go. The only difference in my experience (3 major cities, 1 smaller city, 1 tiny ass village) is that people in bigger cities tend to accept people who don't follow the lines a bit more.
On the other side, as long as you're okay with who you are and how your life is going there is no reason to get stressed out about what others might think about you. Just surround yourself with like-minded people who accept you for you are and the rest will follow eventually.

With love, an Anon who threw it all away to start over, burned out and is slowly getting his live back together again.
>>
>>9185170
Thanks for this nice message and advice!
>>
>>9185152
This sounds like me except for I'm ok with where I live even though my 'house' is crap.
>>
>>9185152
I feel the same as you. Let's be friends.
>>
>>9185100
>>9185108
>>9185111
>>9185114
I was wondering where my cringy cousin was going that's "near me" in Utrecht...

>>9185152
My uni classes were full of awkward hard-working quiet stealth-weebs dressed in all black. I was one treated like a weirdo for wearing dresses to class. If you're really thinking of moving, consider moving to a city with a large student population because like >>9185170 said, people there tend to be more open minded.
>>
>>9186284
>My uni classes were full of awkward hard-working quiet stealth-weebs dressed in all black.
Shit, I'm one of those. Are we that easily recognisable?
>>
>>9185061
>As for TomoShit, I already have evening plans in Nijmegen that weekend so I might as well check it out. In the worst case I end up blowing dome pocket change and get to share how awful it was with you gulls.
Even if it was in your backyard, its not worth the travel....
>>
>>9186470
and the time...

But if you want to go; there are billions of giveaways right now for tickets. So...
>>
>>9186404
>Are we that easily recognisable?
As with nearly everything in live it takes one to know one, so yes. Plus all it takes for one to drop their "Cloak of +2 Stealth" is hearing one person talking about an anime, manga or con.
Honestly I don't see why some people make such a big deal out of it. Just be normal about it and nobody will bat an eye. Hell, odds are you'll befriend people that share your interests. After all, it's not like we're talking about being heavily into BDSM and posting pictures of your play sessions on Fetlife...
>>
>>9186533
oh yuo mean like that guy who runs gaycon?
>>
somebody here that knows another cheap and reliable haberdashery online store? Fournituren.nl keeps giving me the http 500 error for the last day or so and I really need to get my shit
>>
>>9186284
Your classes sounds similar to mine, except they were metal heads, and I was more like a girly girl. Most people did like anime too. I think it's quite interesting how different anime fans can actually look. Especially since there used to a stereotype that anime fans are nerds with a poor sense of fashion. Well, I suppose we still have those around too.
>>
>>9187369
>Nerds with a poor sense of fashion
Thanks for reminding me of my cringy past Anon. If only past me had found out about autumn colours, how to pick the right jeans, what shirts to wear and all that stuff sooner...
>>
File: wp_ss_20160916_0001 (2).png (69KB, 720x301px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160916_0001 (2).png
69KB, 720x301px
Anime.Amsterdam just got cancelled apparently
>>
>>9187678
Wanted to post that aswell.
Who is the "mastermind" behind anime.amsterdam anyway?
>>
>>9187678
Gee. What a surprise.

>>9187695
Combination of Tomoshit and Gamepit stragglers who were trying to be clever.
>>
>>9187678
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
Looks like the event isn't cancelled at all...
http://www.avo-forum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6236&p=142775#p142759
>>
>>9187816
Bollocks, and here I was celebrating how Tomo would leave their shitty cons out of the Randstand after all...
>>
Can't we get a boycot going to get rid of all of Tomo's events?
>>
>>9189849
How do you want to start this boycot?
>>
>>9189923
Post on all of the populair social medias. Twitter, facebook (cosplay nl, anime fans nederland), aniway and avo forum and so on. Exsplain that theyre shit and what theyre doing wrong. How they bevhave at anigendameetings and towards their personeel/visitors/guests/everything. Encorage partners not to particicpatie in ticket giveaways anymore. all that.
>>
>>9189942
Takes a lot of time and effort. You shouldn't do it alone. The more people say it, the more people will believe it.
>>
Dude the tickets are hella cheap there will always be noobs that think tomo is amazing because they can weeb around with their friends.
>>
>>9189942
>Explain that they're shit and what they're doing wrong, how they behave at anigenda meetings and towards personnel, visitors, guest
I'm game. Care to list out the reasons they're shit and all the things they do wrong? Well, other than the bootlegs or course...
>>
>>9189959
True. Tomo always tries to find a new group of people to lure them into the hell hole. And some are too blind to see it is a hell hole.
>>
On any other con you could try to convince dealers to boycot them. Since most cons do need the income from booths. But Tomo is so darn cheap that even that wont work.
>>
>>9189942
This reminds me of the Facebook page I found yesterday about 'BABYMETAL is satanic'. But that was probably satire. I hope it is.
>>
>>9189942
Please give us a few examples of them being shitty to others (eg at anigenda or at convention itself). Because now I am curious. I have not experienced it myself yet.
>>
>>9189942
Using personal social media ccounts? Who is going to register at the forums?
>>
>>9190102
Forums could do with throwaway accounts
Most social medias require only a simple email address verification, so shit like securemail from hidemyass would work perfectly

>>9189974
>>9190093
'kay, you asked for it:
- allow more than the allowed amount of people into a building, possibly endangering lives in case of an emergency. This happened during the first tomofair and was confirmed by Wilbert. Their reaction to being called out on it was a simple and smug "Everything went all right, didn't it?". That was also when they had 3 people on staff during the event. That was it, just 3 people. No gophers, stewards, security, nothing.
- incredibly bad communication both between themselves and towards visitors/guests/staff. Outside sources had to inform Wilbert of what Mark had said (see below) and what had gone wrong during previous events.
- Cherry Pie maid café was at Tomocon this year, but because those shitheads didn't mention it to the staff, the maid café didn't get any visitors and made zero sales on saturday. Mark was asked by one of the maid café managers to announce their presence during the event on sunday, but he laughed in their face, told another staff member "dat ze daarboven wat zaten te menstrueren" and didn't do anything to change the fact that people couldn't find the maid café.
- Boot leg sales. On all of their events. Even when Fake Is Sad personnel had pointed them towards the dealers making the bootleg sales. When they were asked to give an explanation about why the boot leg dealers were allowed to return, Wilbert waved it off with a "We took care of it, didn't we?". We'll probably see some boot leg dealers again during the next shitty con that they're going to organise.
>>9189946
I'm all up for it to take them on with more people. We just need to make them see that Red Dot/Tomo are a bunch of assholes and that the general populace shouldn't visit their events.
>>
Post was getting too long. Will dredge up more shit about tomo and post more when I find it.
>>
>>9190173
Some sources word be nice, after that someone could easily start spreading the word or even make posters to fuck with Tomo.

>They allowed more people in than allowed
Call the local fire brigade, tell them what's going on and have your friends do the same. After enough complaint/tips they'll come check it out and if there are too many people Tomo gets a nice fine and the event closed "op last van de brandweer".

>Bad communication
Let them, it will only drive people away from helping out at TomoShit.

>No sales for Cherry Pie
While they could had made their presence aware themselves (hang up a poster or something) it is poor practice from Tomo to put zero effort into making it known they're there.

>Laughed in their face and later said "Dat ze daarboven zaten te menstrueren"
Not sure if incredibly brave or incredibly foolish... Either way that shit alone is enough reason for any maid cafe to tell Mark to choke on a bag of dicks.

>Bootlegs
I guess part if the reason Tomo is so cheap is because they allow bootlegs to be sold. I would love to put up stickers at every stand that sells that bootlegs just to warn others. Hell, I could even make photos of every bootlegs stand, print them out on the spot and put them up at the entrance just to warn people...
>>
More TomoEXP, including things from the previous threads:
>Running out pendelbus tickets for TomoCon in pre-sale, not mentioning said tickets were valid both days so people buy double, and forcing people to pay €10 to use their shitty busses complete with a +45 minute wait. "But we fixed it..."
>Having only one person with a valid EHBO certificate at said con. Fucking dangerous and I know for a fact they didn't contact the Red Cross in Oss to assist them. "But we fixed it when someone fell off the bouncy castle and landed on her head"
>Not taking responsibility as an organiser when two visitors get piss drunk, make an ass out of themselves while also carrying an open bottle of vodka with them all day. "But we fixed it by making it not our problem"
>Nearly cancelling the concert because of poor time management and leaving visitors without anything to do. "But we fixed it by starting it late"
>Running out food (and beer?) at TomoParty. "But we fixed it because everyone had fun"
>Only one controller per console at TomoPlay because fuck multiplayer. "But we fixed it because nobody wants to be social anyway"
>Low quality rushed lectures. "But we fixed it, or at least we will"
>Piss poor communication with volunteers. "But we fixed it by ignoring it until the very end"
>>
Any other event holders with bad experiences, though? I have one I'd like to share:
>Staff member asks if [event] can perform at Tomocon
>Sure thing
>Staff member will let know the details
>*time passes by, still no details*
>So, do you already know the details?
>Staff member says there is no room the event.

OK, why ask in the first place then?! This logic...
>>
File: brein.png (275KB, 1918x1037px) Image search: [Google]
brein.png
275KB, 1918x1037px
>Facilitating the sale of any unlicensed material is illegal in the Netherlands.
>Tomo gets those vendors together, gives them the space to sell their crap and willingly allows them to sell bootlegs
I do wonder what this red button called "Verzenden" does. Maybe it will even do more once multiple gulls end up pressing it...
>>
>>9190543
http://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/nl/home/home

ECD (Economische Controle Dienst) for all your reports on the sales of bootlegs.
>>
>>9190220
The bootleg problem stems from their roots as a shop/dealer aka red dot commerce. Don't let anyone fool you, red dot and tomo are one and the same.
Red Dot will not bring anything to cons where fakeissad is active, say abunai or anime, but they happily advertise their shit website riddled with fakes. They even have their own bootleg dakimakura site where you can overpay for shit tier quality sheets.
They do bring all of this to their own events, because simply put, it has better profit. Why buy licensed key chains for 4 euros wholesale price when you get get 'almost the same looking' ones for 40 cents and sell them for 30 times that much.(protip: you don't because it's illegal)

Fake is sad is flat out not welcome at tomo events, some members do visit to take pictures but tomo does not care for what they say. The problem for FiS is that they need to cooperation from the official licenses and permission to get anywhere, and while they have a impressive amount and are well on their way, they are reliant on the organizers of the event to actually do something about it all.
As a fun story on the matter, tomobrian was part of gamepit too, to which FiS was actually invited. When FiS pointed out bootlegs and told tomobrian about it his response was something like 'well thats good, just let the licencer know and then they can deal with this shop'. Aka the bootleggers sold away that day, because if you think activision or nintendo is going to get in contact with a specific dealer on a one day shit tier convention that they can't actually do anything about without going to court the same day you're wrong.

tldr: red dot is a shit tier bootlegger shop owned by tomocon who's the source of the tomo bootleg problem.
Please don't purchase anything from Red dot even if some of it is legit, it's cheaper online anyhow by at least 50% and I'd gladly help you find what you want.
>>
What seems to be an issue regarding all these cons is that there is at least a //demand// for more events. Tomocrap fills up this demand by spawning a fuckton of extremely mediocre events (albeit cheap) and people go there, probably because they have nothing better to do or something.

It's pretty amazing how reliably shitty their events all are. Now of course it's pretty much impossible to coordinate >5 events a year and have them all be Animecon-levels of good, but I'd at least expect something Tsunacon-tier acceptable.

Boycotting Tomo is not going to do shit, the 15 year old kids will be there anyhow because I doubt they give a fuck about all the drama going on.

All Tomo needs is some slightly-less shitty competition.
>>
>>9190543
So that could mean that they could lose their license to host events. Or at least get a HUGE fine. I think you just found our goldmine, anon.

>>9190762
And yet Tomo is the only outspoken con about wanting to compete with other cons. (Well, probably because they have Red Dot behind them and are feeding the money they make back into the shop, but that's an entierly diefferent matter) If we could be rid of them, there would be no need to compete anymore. Everyone would just go back to hosting their events and the aforementioned 15 year old weebs would flock to those in stead with the promise of at least no assholes in the staff.
>>
>>9190762
not just 15 year olds, believe me, tomocon was pretty fun this year, con-goers dont ive a shit about the bts 80% of the time. I do think it's bs how they work with others and how they respond to people with questions, but their con is fun at the end of the day. Now tomofair/play/party are another story. they should just really stick with 1 event and improve only that one, and learn not to be douchebags, but that's something most people don't even see.
>>
>>9191365
If it wasn't for the good weather it would have been a nightmare, too crowded and warm/sweaty (no airco at lectures) the cosplay stage area was way too small and the fries from the joint outside made me sick, do I even need to mention transportation?
>>
well mark wanted to upscale to 10 events a year but luckily he changed his mind after tomo-play had a huge loss and tomopop was cancelled because they were unable to arrange enough artists in time. Mark claims that he will stick to 4 events per year but I highly doubt it.

and why does he keep inviting in2gaming??
those guys are completely brainless! at tomo-play they thought it was a good idea to play call of duty (18+) on a fuckin beamer at an event where small children are allowed!
And mark just invited them for tomo-fair as if they haven't done anything wrong...

seriously, compared to in2gaming, gamepit wasn't really that bad!
>>
>>9191635
TomoPop: I don't think it was canceled because they couldn't arrange enough artists in time. I think it was something else.
>>
Is Bats, bones and dice not going to have a cosplay contest? That's kinda boring..
>>
>>9190543
Could you pastebin your remarks or something? Don't want to write it all out myself.
>>
>>9191635
>brainless
>tomo
Seems like a perfect fit to me.
>>
>>tomopop was cancelled because they were unable to arrange enough artists in time.
The whole Tomopop thing wasn't officially announced, right?
>>
>>9191635
oh yeah, the in2gaming game demo's, I remember that! it was hillarious! they kept screaming into the microphone thinking they were cool...
they even got that performous-NL guy to lose his temper! what a show! XD
>>
>>9191685
it was leaked into an e-mail to all dealers after tomocon
>>
>>9191660
It's probably best if you use your own words rather than copypasting. Also as >>9190583 stated we probably should send our tips to the Belastingsdienst rather than Brein. Then again sending it to both couldn't hurt, right?
>>
So will there be a second edition of OtakuCon?
>>
>>9191727
Don't bring them on ideas.....
>>
>>9191635
But they are expanding, don't forget we'll have "Anime.Amsterdam ft GameRoomS by Tomo™, sponsored by Red Dot Commerce" next year.

>>9191655
Apparently not. The only "cosplay events they have announced is having your picture taken in front of a green screen, Pretzel cosplay and the "Dutch Suicide Squad" because there totally won't be enough Harley's and Jokers walking around BB&D...

>>9191735
Noted, after all it's no secret that they check our threads every now and then.
>>
>>9191731
Judging by their Facebook and website, probably not.
>>
>>9191731
they have an entire staff team now, so I'd actually say yes, but I havn't seen much fb activaty indeed, but I really think there will be a next edition
>>
>>9191753
Heard that he is dodging the question about Otakucon. So I would say no. Leon is busy with gaming with his gf.
>>
>>9191747
Haha, very good.
>>
>>9191911
well last 2 events he did were last minute, so who knows
>>
>>9191944
Well it wasn't that Otakucon was organized that well.. last minute is his trademark?
>>
>>9191635
>TomoPop

Please tell me they didn't want to rip-off PinkPop.
>>
>>9191365
I was there, Tomocon was shit.
The location was a nightmare to reach with public transport and even by car it was fairly confusing.
There were no really interesting things to do, if it wasn't for the good weather it would've been crowded as fuck too. At least there was a springkussen hiep hoi. And lets not forget the dealerroom partytent!!
>>
loving the passionate hate, but there were more things to do than just sitting in the sun. I for one went to a lot of lectures and workshops. It's not the best convention, and heck I hate the guys behind it and how they treat pretty much everybody, but shit I had a darn good time.
>>
>>9192543
I like how everybody here is just pissing on tomo but nobody actually tries to change it by, for example, join the staff...
>>
>>9192658
well nobody want to be treated like shit, so i actually get that
>>
>>9192806
>not knowing janitors delete foreign languages
k
>>
>>9192806
Look a newfag
>>
>>9192808
I never browse here. Only came here thanks to >>>/g/csg

Cosplaying seems pretty fun though desu.
>tfw no friends to do cosplay with
>>
>>9192673
I can tell you one thing, tomo doesn't treat it's volunteers as shit, they probably do with their visitors, but not with their volunteers. Animecon on the other hand is the other way around. (at least that's my experience)
>>
>>9192813
Care to go into detail of should I just call you Jimmy.
>>
>>9192658
Nice try TomoMark
>>
File: Screenshot_20160920-140419.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160920-140419.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
€114.25 for a single night alone, or €163,50 for two persons. Seriously, what is it with the Theaterhotel and charging per person rather than per room?
>>
>>9192658
Fuckin hell no. I want to get rid of those clowns, not be affiliated with them.
>>
So Bats, Bones 'n' dice just got cancelled. That's actually too bad, I was looking forward to that..
>>
>>9192872
Same deal as back in Animecon days.
They charge that because breakfast and dinner is included.
Want to pay per rooms call rhe hotel directly.
Nishicon does not have all the rooms blocked.
>>
File: IMG_20160920_143904.jpg (459KB, 1438x1700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160920_143904.jpg
459KB, 1438x1700px
>>9192878
At least they cancelled BB&D for a good reason, namely "a lack of quality". Plus they moved the Christmas edition from Maastricht to Utrecht, so that's something...
>>
>>9192885
Damn, thought there'd finally be a con near my South-Limburg home. Even if it were shit, I'd like not having to travel 2+ hours.
>>
>>9192888
That's what you get for living in Belgium /jk
>>
Regarding all the hate towards Tomo, Abunai, Nishi , Anime and all the other cons.
As a convention organizer myself i just have to say that we work our asses off for some of the most ungratefull people in the world.
I spend months helping and planning and organizing an event I eventualy end up not having any fun at, and where the top point is being able to pack it all up to take my shit home and get my ass to work asap.
Me just like most of the organizers of these events get no form of compensation whatsoever. We pay our own food and hotel rooms and by god i swear its a form of stockholm syndrome.
So if you feel like bitching about how any of these groups do shit choose to either 1. Give constructive critisism 2. Jion the gopher steward or staff team. We always need people and reason number shit goes sideways is because we dont have enough people helping.
>>
>>9192917
Or stop organizing the convention.
>>
I kinda want to join a staff team because I know I could do it, but there has been rumors and drama within certain groups of friends and a couple of people how are in staff teams. And I'm so afraid of those people actually starting again with all their shit a soon as I join a staff team or the see me walking around as gopher >_<
>>
>>9192917
I think the most hate is towards Tomo. And that is the foundation Tomo with all their activitites. It has a reason why so many people anonymous, but also with names (check the forums) talk so badly about Tomo. And I have seen a lot of constructive feedback, but that is waved away by those organizers. Because they don't care? I don't know. When people keep on paying the tickets for their events, why change?
>>
>>9192921
I actually enjoy doing all the prep work but during and after the con it gets so depressing seeing and hearing people bitching about the smallest thing. Yes its not professional but we are bot and dont want to be prof.

>>9192922
Diffrent stichtingen are looking for people so you can either join another con or join another team.
>>
>>9192927
Well you still are a human being. And people like to complain.
>>
>>9192923
Right now uts Tomo. But its the same before every and after every con.
>bitch about program
>bitch about hotel
>bitch about cosplay judges
>bitch about organizers personaly

Rinse and repeat
>>
>>9192932
I think it is with everything. Life is shit. So let's complain about it. I don't think you can stop this at all. Especially now people can talk anonymous about it. Still there are conventions who are open for feedback, but not all.

People have different tastes, so to make everybody happy is impossible. I think you should know about that. Also, with the things you are pointing out we can't do anything. Especially shut our mouths and then there will be peace on earth. If life should be that easy.... it would be boring.
>>
>>9192917
The Tomo hate is self-explanatory, they mistreat their guests/lecturers/maids, and ignore feedback or make "witty" remarks when presented with it. They don't want to improve and act like everything is fine as it is because "we fixed it in the end, didn't we?". And that's not just us, TomoHate happens on other forums and Facebook groups as well. So yeah, Tomo can choke on a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

As for the other cons, like >>9192932 said we love to complain about everything. Although with Abunai I feel like we've been less harsh on them ever since Schedule-chan (that's you, isn't it?) has been posting here and responding to out criticism. Well that and Abunai has likely been improving itself... Things were a lot different back in Spring when we had a salty staff member getting mad at our complaints.

Also Anon, don't forget that for every whiny asshole complaining on the internet there are at least 9 others who had a great time and don't mention it anywhere.
>>
>>9192934
>If life should be that easy... it would be boring
That reminds me of the final episode of the PowerPuff Girls. Mojo Jojo managed to get his hands on "The Key to the World" making him the official ruler of Earth. All this time he was only out to start world peace, and so he does complete with free puppies for everyone. The result? Mojo Jojo loses his mind over how boring and predictable the world has become and goes back into villain mode.

The episode "See Me, Feel me, Gnome" (a direct reference to The Who's Tommy) had a similar trend. The girls give up their powers and a gnome, voiced by a Jack Black impersonator, gets rid off all evil in exchange for the girls power. Doing so pretty much enslaves the world by getting rid of free choice, thus breaking the deal the girls made and them getting their powers back and opting to revert the world to as it was.

Yeah, the PPG was actually as deep as Neon Genesis Evangelion...
>>
>>9192957
I love the PowerPuff Girls!
>>
>>9192922
Or perhaps you are not good enough to be a part of that team in the first place. The job comes with responsibilities and obligations, and not everyone handles those very well, and sometimes the others of the crew see that only when it (almost) to late.

And visitors will find out sooner or later, especially when you complain to them about being unfairly treated by the staff and crew. They, the staff are not idiots and will set the record straight about you and your performance if needed.
>>
>>9192960
I just love 90's CN cartoons in general. In fact most of the time I'm casting a shuffled playlist of older CN cartoons to my TV for background noise. There're just so many (dirty) jokes in there targeted at the parents which I never got as a kid. I mean Buttercup saying "Don't forget one of these" to the Professor as she tucks a condom in the Professor's front pocket as he goes out on a date, that's one of those "how the fuck did they get away with this" moments.
The same also goes for Dexters Lab, Cow and Chicken and especially Johnny Bravo. Hell, even Two Stupid Dogs for away with an episode that's basically one huge glory hole joke...
>>
>>9192917
Shit like Abunai and Tomo get constructive critism all the time but they won't do much with it, that's why all the hate.
>>
File: IMG_20160920_181817.jpg (430KB, 1440x2027px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160920_181817.jpg
430KB, 1440x2027px
Haha, even the NS seems to be on our side!
>>
Tomocon....
When you have an accident which could easily have gone to a permanent injury or worse, and you cover yourself with that the permit was alright, I am lost for words.
>>
Enough TomoBashing, time for something new. Anyone working on a cosplay for Castlefest, Nishi, FirstLook, or working on a long term project?
>>
>>9192964
Did we read the same post? Why are you accusing anon of shit when all they said that there was past drama with people who happen to be staff?
>>
>>9192964
I'm pretty damn sure i would be able to handle all the responsibilities. I would love to, otherwise i wouldn't want to even join a team. Just really scared for a couple of bullies and them coming after me again, and kinda disappointed that those people are on a staff teams.
>>
>>9193104
I'm currently handstitching the details on my Taokaka paws. Not sure when I'll be done with it as I'm not rushing.
I've had so very little time for this cosplay that it's even been a year ago thatI actually played Blazblue.. maybe I should rewatch the anime to refresh my mind.
>>
>>9193104
Fuck you. We'll bash whomever and whenever we want to. Besides that, Castlefest was in the beginning of August. Get your info straight.
>>
>>9193136
Hurrrr Elfia, better?
>>
>>9192952
Schedule anon here and that wasn't my post. I like the harsh criticism because it's more useful than ass-kissing that results in no improvements.

>>9192917
If you find the guests ungrateful and feel like there's no compensation for you(or at least none that is good enough) I honestly don't see why you'd still want to help with the organization. No one will blame you for leaving and these reasons are pretty common, it's ok to grow out of stuff.
Abunai staff does get food and some more perks though the biggest pro to it all for me is the experience and helping in creating an event I and many others enjoy.
There's a lot of constructive criticism out there, the real deal here is if you actually use said criticism or write it off as 'hate'.
>>
>>9193104
making last minute changes on both my cosplays for firstlook festival. Not sure if they're the right kind of changes so keeping parts of the cosplay aside instead of taking everything apart so I can still save it if I need to. Doing complicated shit while I don't really have to, because logics!
>>
>>9193115
Are you willing to spill the beans on wich convention staff team that is?
>>
>>9193214
>Doing complicated shit while I don't really have to, because logics!
Are you me, because you sure sound like me... Anyway as long as it improves the final product there's no harm in going with the complicated way. Just make sure you don't go over your head and everything will be fine.
>>
"The site of the ticket site of Tomo can be slow, because it is very busy on the site."
>>
>>9193104
None, but then again I've decided not to go to any either. I have some important matters to take care of, and no time for fun, sadly.
>>
>>9193104
I'm polishing up an older costume for firstlook. I dont think the firstlook crowd really appreciates cosplay anyway, so I didnt feel like making anything new
>>
>>9194064
Really? I wanted to wear my most impressive costume because I heard the crowd isn't used to cosplay.
>>
>>9194081
>>9194064
I think they would appreciate some gaming-related cosplay. I'll be wearing some mainstream shit from league of legends
>>
>>9193202
As schedual-chan we are not one and the same.
What i do is more that just make a schedual. Not criticising what you do rhe schedual looked great. But my position has more responsabilities. In the end i like doing it but there is atleast one "fuck it it's not worth it moment every year" followdd by serious crying and getting back on the horse because in the end im in it for our guests.

And what i wanted and still want to say is dont forget that we (all con organizers) are doing our best. And its sad to see you personally atacking people and criticising all they do.
There is feedback and there is pure hate.
>>
>>9194064
game related and maybe even comic related cosplays they'll like, believe me.
>>
>>9194284
I don't just make the schedule bud, I work on basically everything regarding Abunai's visual presentation all year round.

I'm pretty sure people know (at least most) organizers do their best but that's no excuse to dismiss criticism.
Also don't forget this is 4chan, hate is just another feature of this website and that's not going to change.
>>
>>9194284
Yes, there is a difference between feedback and hate. Our feedback is hard, even nitpicky and delivered as blunt as possible as there's no point in sugarcoating anything. It's a nice reality check in a world where everyone is out to kiss your ass, making you forget there's always room for improvement. Now our hate, especially towards Tomo is a different story. They ignore feedback, allow dealers to scam people, mistreat their guests, and act smug about everything they do. Even if they fuck up they'll just say "but we fixed it in the end, so it's okay". It's not okay, you still fucked up on things that should had gone right in the first place and here you are acting like nothing went wrong. That blog post in which they recapped the events of TomoCon says it all, someone nearly broke her neck and they are just boasting about how they had their protocols in order.

Now if you can't handle the heat, you should get out if the frying pan or wait for this wave of TomoHate to pass. After all, we've all got the long term memory of a goldfish anyway.
Also Anon, nobody likes a martyr so drop the act. You'll get your pat on the back when you deserve it, not when you ask for it.
>>
Dear cosplayers: stop posting your line-up in events and groups just to attention whore.
>>
>>9194477
THIIIIIIISSSSS! SO VERY MUCH THIS! It's so annoying~!
>>
>>9194477
But Anon, how else are all my fans going to recognise me? And what about cosplayers from the same series, I obviously need to let them know about my casual Mei on Saturday so they can take a pic with me! /jk
>>
>>9194477
I think that if there is some 'post your line-up' thing, it's fine. But yeah otherwise it surely clogs up the event/group page lol.
>>
File: 1473025262876.jpg (6KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
1473025262876.jpg
6KB, 200x212px
>live in utrecht
>go do d-comic con
>see cosplayers everywhere doing their act
>i actually cringed quite a bit
>realize anime and vidya should probably stay fiction forever
>>
>>9194612
Exactly; a single thread would do.
>>
>>9194612
CosplayNL did say please put you line ups in the events, thats why the events are so fcking crowded. And there are the people that spam all over the place and ignore that rule and the mods that dont do shit about it
>>
How can u lowkey introduce your New gf to Cosplay Without sounding like a cringelord?
>>
>>9194477
how about the special SECRET COSPLAY???? that absolutely no one cares about
>>
>>9195163
you can't. Tried to explay a Spanish guy what cosplay was the other day and he asked if I was a drag queen (I'm a girl). Other reaction you could get is :"dus het is net als carnaval maar dan het hele jaar door?" and that kind of shit.
>>
>>9195184
explain to a*
>>
File: k_den_tomoshit.png (354KB, 502x670px) Image search: [Google]
k_den_tomoshit.png
354KB, 502x670px
So they're advertising now in German too.
>>
>>9195251
But is everything still in Dutch during the event?
>>
>>9195258
probably yes
>>
How do I into cosplay gf?
Also, why are dutchthreads on this board in English?
>>
>>9195261
because foreign languages get deleted.
so you better learn some english because what the hell do you mean with "how do i into cosplay gf.
>>
>>9195261
Because this board is in English.
>>
>>9195280
I suppose we know who the real newfag is
>>
>>9195184
You forgot the "So.. you like to roleplay? That's cool, so what outfits do you wear in the bedroom?" reaction.
>>
>>9195289
both of them
>>
>>9195296
yep, people always asume that it's some kind of fetisj.... crazy people, they have no idea these costumes are too expensive to get cumstains on...
>>
>>9195364
Really? Everyone my age pretty much knows what cosplay is/has at least heard of it. I mean, I'm 20 so I don't know if it's different if you're older but I find that type of reaction very strange when you're just legitimately explaining it.
>>
>>9195364
I know right?! Plus most costumes are really impractical for that stuff. In the heat of the moment the last thing you want to do is having to carefully remove (parts of) her clothes, making sure you don't accidentally damage it or end up tearing off parts of it. That's a mistake you get to make once...
>>
>>9195380
>That's a mistake you get to make once...

Do you have a story to tell anon?
>>
>>9195458
Let's just say I ripped a girl's brand new fancy dress once and learned what true fear is. I can't even imagine what a cosplayers would do if this happened to her outfit, but it's probably a good thing I'm an registered organ donor...
>>
>>9195365
Not that anon, but knowing it exists and thinking it's some kind of sex thing are not mutually exclusive. My family knows lolita is a completely non-sexual hobby for me and I simply enjoy dressing up cutely and collecting different pieces, but that doesn't stop them from asking "Are you SURE this isn't a sex thing, even for other people? You might not wear it for sex but I read online/saw on tv/etc. that some people dress up as Victorian sex dolls to attract pedophiles and maybe that's what those other girls you hang out with are doing? You're not buying any of these clothes second hand, right?" etc. etc. and they clearly know better than I do and I'm just being naive about my own hobby that I've been into for years. I've heard similar stuff being said about my coworker who cosplays. Her (mostly armour) costumes would be practically impossible to have sex in but lol why would someone be into a hobby I don't understand if it weren't for kinky sex? And this is from people who've watched Heroes of Cosplay and shit like that.
>>
>>9195507
Because they have seen cosplay/lolita porn :/
>>
People are so nosy. That said, a guy I like said he wanted to try a few of my cosplay outfits in the bedroom. I already find the thought having to put everything on just for a kinky night annoying.
>>
>>9195659
I have a catsuit without a full zipper and desu I wouldn't even bother dressing up in that for somebody because it takes me too long to put that bitch on. I barely drink water when wearing it because I don't want to have to go to the bathroom.
>>
>>9195659
>That said, a guy I like said he wanted to try a few of my cosplay outfits in the bedroom.
>he wanted to try a few of my cosplay outfits
Luckily for you you won't have to put on anything then /jk
But yeah, this is why I prefer to go with lingerie, easy to remove (cheap) costumes, or in the event of rough play just some old clothes that won't be missed.

>>9195667
>Catsuit without a full zipper
If it's latex I only have three words for you: silicon based lube. That stuff makes it way easier to put those things on, more comfortable to wear and when applied to the outside it makes the suit nice and shiny.
>>
>>9195507
>that some people dress up as Victorian sex dolls to attract pedophiles

If a girl really wanted to attract pedophiles, she wouldn't have to put nearly that much effort into it.
>>
>>9195505
I guess you learned your lesson then. Burando is no joke.
>>
>>9195767
DIO agrees with that statement.
>>
tomorrow's EFF. When I finally get myself a cloak because it's always shit weather and suddenly KNMI says it will be 23 degrees and sunny..
>>
>>9196319
That's Dutch weather for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9195679
If an adult, fully developed woman wanted to attract legit pedophiles then dressing up in frilly clothing isn't going to do shit because they still won't look like real children. If a woman wants to attract non-pedo men, then you're right, there are much easier and cheaper ways to do that than to wear lolita (or 'Victorian sex costumes').

You only need to think about these statements for like two seconds to realize they make no sense, but still people like to parrot this shit. Because everything they don't understand has to somehow be perverted, I guess.
>>
File: IMG_20160923_204808.jpg (225KB, 1440x2178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160923_204808.jpg
225KB, 1440x2178px
>>9196319
24°C and 26°C. I have to say it's very tempting to light the barbeque one final time this Sunday...
>>
What's with all the Dutch people vlogging in english? I don't think there are a lot of non-dutch speakers watching those vlogs for there to be so many of them.
>>
>>9196576
Because it allows them to (hypothetically) reach a wider audience. After all there are only 27 million people who speak Dutch worldwide as opposed to the 1500 million people who speak English.
>>
>>9196586
Sure, but if you actually search youtube for abunai vids the ones with the most views are mostly dutch (with subs). I feel like if you vlog in english, specially if you can't speak it fluently, it loses a lot of it's charm.
>>
>>9196593
Well people like to dream, believe they can actually make it as a professional YouTuber. But agreed, in general I can't stand steenkool English either. One of the few relevant exceptions would be the Abunai opening and closing videos in which it just enhances the overall cheesiness in a good way.
>>
>>9196618
Oh god yes. I worked SO HARD to eliminate the Dutchlish pronounciation. It took me years and sometimes I still slip up with some words, but in general, they never expect me to be Dutch here in the UK. Which is good.
>>
>>9196708
Oh hey you, how's the prop business?
>>
>>9196586
Just say 1,5 billion, dude. You're like a mom who says her kid just became 52 weeks old.
>>
>>9196708
Do you have some tips? I thought I was good in English pronunciation, until some American told me my accent sounds French. An here I thought I sounded like a true American.. I'm assuming you went for the British accent, though?
>>
>>9197362
Diff anon here but I follow an international uni course and people regularly mistake me for a Brit. Talk to yourself, talk to yourself a lot and exaggerate your desired accent as much as possible. Sound absolutely ridiculous. Then when you try to speak regularly, just enough of the accent remains.
>>
>>9196576
that's not the biggest problem I have with dutch vloggers. I' m more annoyed by them having 95% of the video showing only their face. it's good to explain something, but SHOW US in stead of explaining it!

rule of thumb: if you' re doing a convention vlog, have less than 20% of the video showing your face!
>>
>>9196709
Quite all right. Worked for a big film this summer. Currently practicing more sculpting work and see if I can get my arse to LA in April for work experience with my favourite creature creator.

>>9197362
What >>9197366 said. Exaggerate, practice, listen, practice more. You might feel stupid at first, but soon it'll become more fluent and all that. Maybe record yourself and listen to it, next to a British piece of television or radio. It could help.
>>
Lol dutch vloggers, especially cosplay con vloggers are awful in general
>>
>>9197399
Indeed. Your voice is good enough for narrating the whole stuff if you want. But sometimes not even needed. Find the balance.
>>
So ..I should vlog in dutch instead?
>>
>>9197594
I feel more confident if I speak in Dutch, while my English is not that bad. I don't know about you?
>>
>>9197366
>>9197399
Thanks for the tips! I guess I'll try to do that then. But with American English, instead of British.
>>
>>9197630
Good luck!
>>
any lolita's out here??
does anyone know if this chick is mentally normal? she talked like some kind of psychopath during the summer meet and it kind of made me shiver
>>
Are there any good Dutch cosplay vloggers/video makers etc.?
>>
>>9198547
She's definitely off somehow and yeah her behavior at the picknick was creepy. I couldn't tell if she was trying to be yandere or what. She makes me think of my lil sisters weeby cosplay friends, but they are like 13...
>>
So how was Elfia? Can't wait for all the pictures to fill up my timeline...
>>
So any new Tomo or Gamepit related drama?
>>
>>9199084
Not yet, although there's bound to be some TomoDrama next weekend.
>>
>>9199084
Someone from Tomo went with someone with GameRoomS to PhantasiaLand.
>>
>>9199100
It's practically in my backyard, and I've got a free ticket, might check it out, see if they're over capacity for the number of people crammed in the venue again and see how much bootleg crap they let slide this time

>>9199084
I saw on [spoiler]FB[/spoiler]
>>
>>9199117
I wonder how their venue limits work since they keep trying to break the record of most visitors.
>>
>>9199132
Not sure, but a quick search taught me that the venue can hold up to 4300 people.

Wonder if it's possible to find out how many tickets they've sold...
>>
>>9199141
Sold or gave away?
>>
>>9198883

Saw this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dst5oLCCUE

And also Kaleidoscopy
https://www.fb.com/Kaleidoscopy/posts/1807824796159603
>>
>>9199148
Heh

Both I guess

Speaking of their collaboration with GameRoomS (why is that capital S there? seriously), whatever happened to that Amsterdam event?
Looks like it got cancelled or at least taken down for now
>>
>>9199159
It got canceled, but saw someone posting a link to a forum where Tomo said that it isn't canceled at all. You can find the link somewhere in this thread.
>>
>>9199159
The link of that forum is here >>9187816
>>
>>9199162

Cancelled or not, another thing they're handling unprofessionally as fuck
>>
>>9199167

Thanks
>>
>>9199173
Gee, it's almost like we're talking about Tomo here.
>>
>>9198728
team paraluna recently started streaming. chat sometimes gets hijacked by someone who just wants the girls to show their boobs but other than that they are very interactve with my questions in the chat explaining about cosplay building and so on. you can try that anon.
>>
>>9199173
it was supposed to be a 2 part convention where you had seperate tickets for the entire thing or just the dealer room. they changed it to have the convention like activities to be free for all visitors with only a dealerroom ticket. the anime.amsterdam part is cancelled but the event's aren't they now just fall under the "tomofair amsterdam" banner. But yeah, while anime.amsterdam is cancelled, at the same time nothing has been cancelled at all.
>>
>>9199832
Sounds very confusing. Nobody said anything 'officially' on that page or on the Tomo page. (Yeah, they are busy with TomoFair coming weekend, but still.. this event has been up since february... no promotion at all.)
>>
>>9199837
that's why they probably thought nobody had any clue about the anime.amsterdam part and just silently cancelled it. it was a stupid idea to begin with so glad it's now just a single big event anyway.

Mark did do something stupid though. He sold the tomoPlay name to in2gaming. so in2gaming is going to setup a failure of an event and mark is getting money for the name whilst not doing anything.
>>
>>9199839
Ah yeah.. how many people liked the page anime.amsterdam? 30 something? So yeah.. a few persons are talking about it online, but that is it.

Mark sold it? Sounds "almost" commercial to me.
>>
>>9198883
LARP fag here, but Elfia was pretty good, only found out this year about the whole extension of the terrain. Not sure if the mountain garden had always been there, but it was a really pretty, and swarming with good spots for pictures.
Weather was also a really big plus, sucks I was boiling up in my armour, but once I took it off it was nice and comfy, all in all a good weekend.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 534x317px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 534x317px
Will we ever get the schedule for Nishicon?
>>
God I've seen it all now, lazy catgirl onesie in CosplayNL group, calling it cosplay.........
>>
>>9199839
Ehm.. not sure about that Anime.Amsterdam & TomoFair event; I saw the topic on that forum and what I could understand is that both events will go through. I think we have to wait after coming weekend to get to hear what the Stichting Tomo's real plans are. Because if I read it here, Brian got dumped as Anime.Amsterdam was his part?
>>
>>9199914
Nah, they're just going to improvise the entire con. But in all seriousness, they'll probably post it somewhere this week or next Monday.

>>9199948
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>9199996
It is another Tomo Wreck event, why wait for that?
>>
>>9200195
Just because of that! You want some popcorn?
>>
oh look nishi is splitting of the artists to an artist alley

oh boy, I'm glad I decided to go. I really want to see this con unfold
>>
Well, the dealer room setup for Nishi has finally been annnounced so i guess their still busy with it?
>>
>>9200249
>>9200253
Is it me or will this pretty much result in fewer sales for those banished to the artist room?
>>
>>9198883
Pretty good, I was there saturday and cosplayed Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne and my girlfriend cosplayed Alice from Pandora Hearts. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of cool stuff on the market but we still got 2 photoshoots so I guess that is nice.
>>
>>9200263
yes and no. It went well on tsuna, but tsuna got nothing going for it as con so people shop a lot. It hasn't worked at all in the past, so if it'll work again is to be seen
>>
>>9199948
She is not wearing an onesie, just seems that way on the picture. It is the character Taokaka from the game BlazBlue
>>
Dude these days people call everything cosplay wearing a bikini and a wig, kigurumis, oc's and cosplaynl keeps on being like 'yeah thats cute'
>>
>>9200263
Just might do. I'm happy I didn't sign up for a table. Like >>9200325 said it worked well at Tsuna but that artist alley had a really good location.
>>
>>9199948
> calling Taokaka a lazy catgirl onesie

I really want to held a rant right now, about how fake geekboys/girls should fuck out off cgl, but I guess you probably didn't know the character.
>>
>>9200479
I've been in the scene since 2004, and the only new trends in cosplay are 'gender bend', 'fanart', 'own created outfit for a character which is not based on fanart' to be honest. Kigurumis have been around for quite a while, and I surely still remember some act involving break dancing pikachus at... was it animecon 2007? But as you can guess, they just wore pikachu kigurumis. OCs have also been around for a long time.

I feel old now. But hey, casual cosplay will be casual cosplay. I will say that I also am not interested in everyone's casual cosplay, especially if it's some closet cosplay. But if someone did a shoot, and the execution is well, I would find it interesting to see, even if it's just a schoolgirl character or whatever.
>>
>>9200538
Agreed. I know I'm not 'old' but I kind of feel like it by the CosplayNL community standards. And with what you just said I'm just realising I've been around for more than 10 years, although I've had a break in-between.
>>
>>9198547
>>9198728
Please elaborate. What did she do?
>>
File: tumblr_lvy318afzs1ql5yr7o1_400.gif (483KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvy318afzs1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
483KB, 400x225px
>>9202213
I wasn't paying much attention to her but I saw her do this several times
>walks up to someone and stands around awkwardly staring at them until they notice her
>then freaks out like pic related as if theyre coord was the best thing she’s ever seen in the entire universe!!!!!!!!11
>immediately loses interest and walks away to do the same thing to someone else
At first I thought she was just super socially awkward and trying to make friends, but she did this to like half the people there and was overacting so badly it seemed more like sarcasm. Plus she didn’t stick around to talk, just screamed about your clothes and walked away.
She also couldn’t walk in her shoes and kept almost falling over on the grass but when someone tried to get her to sit down before she hurt herself, she said something about needing to suffer for beauty in a really weak trembling voice.

Maybe she has some kind of disorder, but there were several people there with autism (and whatever J has) who weren’t acting weird at all so she really stood out.
>>
File: Nishicon.jpg (85KB, 1239x777px) Image search: [Google]
Nishicon.jpg
85KB, 1239x777px
Or Nishicon has huge tables or this will be completely barren dealerrooms. I do recall that Animecon in their days manage to fit some 35-40 dealers and doujinshi groups in the Beethoven Room.

Also the Amadeus then was the gameroom, with a lot more tables.
>>
>>9202379
Did they fucking do this in MS paint? I'm crying over how bad this is....
>>
>>9202379
>>9202430
At least they refrained from using Comic Sans. But yeah, I'd rather see numbers on each stand with a list underneath it than this mess.
>>
>>9202254
I heard from someone in the cosplay comm she's doing it to be kawaii uguu and that she's been doing it for quite a while now.
>>
Okay, which one of you did I just saw walking around in the Molenpoort Nijmegen with a katana umbrella?
>>
>>9203547
not me, but are you going to tomofair?
I shoved my common sense aside because it's so close
>>
>>9203547
>>9203702
Why are people who live in/near nijmegen impossible to find at cons but here's suddenly two others.
Where did you come from
>>
File: nishicon.jpg (38KB, 499x405px) Image search: [Google]
nishicon.jpg
38KB, 499x405px
ohsnizzlesnap
shes right though
>>
>>9203702
Sadly, I too fell for the "it's nearby" meme and will be there on Saturday. I'm going solo however, so I probably won't stick around for too long unless I happen to bump into people I know or people want to meet up.

>>9203728
>Where did you come from
I've always been here, nobody simply bothered asking me where I'm from. With love, OP.
>>
File: Programma-2016.png (576KB, 4792x2135px) Image search: [Google]
Programma-2016.png
576KB, 4792x2135px
Here's a PNG version of the schedule for those interested. Also, is it me or did they export an Excel sheet to PDF to make this?
>>
File: programma_cr.png (927KB, 4792x2135px) Image search: [Google]
programma_cr.png
927KB, 4792x2135px
>>9203884
Last time we summoned Abunai Schedule-chan doing this, let's see if we can do the same with Nishi Schedule-chan...
>>
>>9203857
Well, true. Though asking is a little awkward don't you think? With love, schedule-anon.

>>9203728
'it's nearby' is a curse. I however have better things to do on Saturday so I'm popping by tomofair on Sunday myself.

>>9203900
I like how they didn't even bother to make it visually interesting. Why do I try. Why would anyone try.
>>
>>9203947
meant to quote
>>9203702
>>
>>9203900
why whoohoo on deshima?
deshima is overrated in the sense that they only play great music for the first 1-2 hours. then one of the two gets drunk and it starts to go downhill from there.
>>
>>9204342
and those 1-2 hours are always dead... also, no nice fades between songs, having to stop dancing becaus they change the beat with a fingersnap... it that my friends like to go, else i wouldn't
>>
>>9204362
It's freestyle, it gets done on some rave festivals as well. Not everyone's cup of tea, I admit, but I personally love it.
>>
>>9204382
there are a lot of people who can freestyle and put a nice beat onto the music, take that beat over in the next sng and slowly make that beat fade, so no, freestyle is my style, but not the way they fuck it up
>>
>>9202556
I feel like she should probably stick to cosplay. No offense to the talented and mature cosplayers ITT but the cosplay comm is a lot more suitable for permaweebs who just want to roleplay as kawaii uguu~ anime characters. She doesn't have any fashion sense either so it would be easier, cheaper and probably more fun for her to buy anime "lolita" costumes off Taobao and just weeb out at cons, rather than trying to keep up with burando lolitas who think she's cringey and annoying.
>>
>>9203884
by the looks of it they did export it from Excell, but even Excell in the right hands can be used to produce something decent instead of this bucket of shite.
>>
>>9203947
>Well, true. Though asking is a little awkward don't you think?
Nothing awkward about it as long as you keep it a general question like "Hey gulls, where do you all live?". Even then I'm known to be an overly open idiot so I would hardly consider personal questions to be awkward.
>>
>>9204600
Well, in terms of provinces I'd say it's all fine and dandy, and thinking about it big city's aren't really telling either, though a lot of gulls seem quite careful with their identity. All up to them of course.
I guess the context matters most, I'd more easily tell someone where I'm from in a normal conversation than online.
>>
>>9202254
Damn, why does half the Dutch lolita comm have to be absolutely batshit? I wanted to join but based on what I've heard I'm staying far, far away.
>>
How many people do you guys expect will go to Nishicon?
>>
>>9204617
Nooo anon I promise the majority of us are sane. We have a small handful of weirdos that nobody tells to fuck off because nobody wants to be the bad guy, but everyone thinks the girl in >>9202254 is cringey and annoying.
>>
>>9204617
Don't forget, you will always hear more about the few rotten apples than about the normal folks.

>>9204626
>318 going
>664 interested
I'd say 500~1000 people total. Nishicon really should had stepped up their game when it came to advertising/hyping their event. They had a website filled with outdated information (as in Nishicon 2014 outdated) and no presence on social media for the first six months after announcing Nishicon 2016. Then there's the issue of them moving to a non-central location (inb4 Animecon did fine there, they already had good reputation back then), expensive hotel rooms with little to no alternatives and a schedule that feels a bit "meh". And of course there's also Firstlook taking place the same weekend which definitely snagged away some people who were interested in both cons.
>>
>>9204656
Sucks for them, but i'm tired of overcrowded price fighting conventions. The distance and the price will keep the kids away.
>>
>>9204741
True, although I definitely wouldn't had mind some more content. As it stands Nishicon isn't really worth staying all weekend for. Then again it's their first time as a three-day con so I can't really blame them that much.
>>
>>9203947
dw I appreciated the cute look of the abunai schedule, this one just sucks.
>>
File: 1466260703235.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1466260703235.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
Current thread is on auto-sage. New thread can be found at >>9204806
>>
>>9204787
The only thing they have that others don't is the cmv and worst cosplay competition, which have gotten better. Everything else is just clearly not as good as the other bigger conventions.
>>
>>9204617
>half the comm
Most of us are perfectly sane, anon. We've had like three bad apples in three years and two of them were just annoying weebs.
>>
>>9204421
No thanks I don't want people like that in the cosplay community either. Maybe I'm just old but all those little weebs annoy the shit out of me. And yes I have been one of those at age 13/14.
>>
>>9204627
I agree. most of us are even too kind to just throw the weirdos and itas out.. No, not the ita beginners. The girls who do Lolita as a cosplay.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.