[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know It's super early but my gf and I are thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: AX.png (7KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
AX.png
7KB, 512x512px
I know It's super early but my gf and I are thinking of taking a bus Trip in July for AX
Any advice on what to expect/what the panels are like?

It's either this or going to Cali for Royal Rumble in January
so I'm just gauging my options
>>
File: AXLineDay0[1].jpg (91KB, 488x603px) Image search: [Google]
AXLineDay0[1].jpg
91KB, 488x603px
>>9178228
panel seem interesting to you? enjoy waiting at least an hour and a half in line in advance to MAYBE get in.

wanted to see the panel about hentai?
wanted to see a sweet musician you came to the con to see?
want to meet your favorite artist?

tough fucking shit, this is line con, you have to wait or shell out $400 per person to skip out all the lines.

enjoy the artist alley, where they may or may not remember to put on the AC while everyone is crammed in a hot parking garage. smell that con funk, see the 3rd person carried out to an ambulance with heat stroke.

enjoy walking? don't? hard convention floors will guarantee your feet are extremely sore or blistered unless you wear godly shoes.

outside of that, its a really fun con, and there isn't enough time to do everything in the con... even if you weren't in line for most of it.
>>
AX is shit. Don't go.
>>
>>9178228
AX isn't a bad convention and it's huge so there's usually lots to do or at least see, but with how things went this year it's hard to say. There were a lot of fuck ups this year but maybe next year will be better. :/
>>
>>9179625
>but maybe next year will be better. :/

It just keeps happening
>>
>>9179639
I was so stressed out at AX, I said I would never go again back 5 years ago and then came back, it's so poorly run.
>>
>>9178274
Cherrypicking, this year's line was basically non-existent
>>
>>9180281
Which line?
>>
>>9180281
yeah, to get in. the line to get into line con was short. go to any panels anon?
>>
>>9180240
>poorly run
You haven't seen Fanime yet :^)
>>
>>9180281
HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
ppl hate on AX because unlike other cons, AX is FUCKING huge and there are tons of cool things happening that overlaps times, so you can't go to every panel/signing/ events. Be prepare make a list of things you want to do and also plan B/C if your first choice is full/cancel/
>>
>>9180859
While trying to up talk ax you mentioned a valid reason to hate on it.
>>
Also the best part with panels is that AX gave fan panels the boot and just focuses mainly on industry now.

Space is limited so getting rid of Joe Shmo's ability to do panels is a wise decision
>>
>>9180281
Most lines this year were so long they got capped with more than half the people waiting unable to get in. Unless you just went to the things in the big room, and were fine with getting shitty seats so far in the back you couldn't see anything, you had to wait an hour at least. Not to mention it was so poorly organized with one line they just straight up didn't get them for the panel and had them wait outside for an hour before they just told them it was over. Did you even go to ax?

Don't forget the autograph tickets you have to line up for at 11pm the day before for. Also one ticket per body in line so if you want more then one person to sign something of yours, even if you lined up and wasted your entire night and slept outside, tough shit.

It's worth it going as industry or press, or if you have a lot of friends going. Otherwise there's a ton of other cons you could enjoy that are more affordable, have better management, and aren't as overcrowded.
>>
I honestly had a fun time but whomever said there were no lines is full of shit.

I think this will probably be ending up the yearly con I go to, since over half of my friend group from 4chan lives either in or nearby so we have access to cars and generally have a lay of the land, but if we all could, we would much rather go to something else. It's more the convienence and the accessibility that works out with our group.

It was okay but I had more fun hanging out with friends I see once a year or so. If you bring your gf though watch out for pink shirt guy. He was cool but he ended up going off with some seagulls gal at one of the meetups and we never heard the end of it
>>
>>9180281
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>9182960
i did pretty good on autographs at 5am
TMR only had one autograph session so that was an overnighter if there ever was one
still sucks because I woke up fucking early EVERY SINGLE DAY for autographs

>>9180859
they do that on purpose so all 100k people aren't going to the same thing. kind of sucks when there are ticketed events and then they announce something else during said event that you already bought a ticket for though
>>
AX is basically just a glorified trade show. It's a big convention with lots of people where companies promote their products and try to sell you things. It's the only anime convention I know of that charges you extra for events like the masquerade and where cosplay gatherings aren't allowed.

If you want to attend a huge trade show style con in Cali, go to Comic Con instead. If you want a cool Cali anime con to go to, go to Fanime.
>>
i miss ax :(
>>
>>9185638
>I know of that charges you extra for events like the masquerade

I'll give you points on the ticketing system however you can get into many of the concerts and shows for free if they start and there are still empty chairs.

Meanwhile

>where cosplay gatherings aren't allowed.

Uhhh
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l8mLALVriMNeXm5JIyUNbR7EjrvFXfZGmt80JfHHt_o/edit#gid=0

Sure is a good chunk of gatherings at AX where they're not allowed.

>If you want to attend a huge trade show style con in Cali, go to Comic Con

Comic con doesn't get Japanese VAs nor carters to the anime industry like AX does. Meanwhile I can get a 3 day badge for AX way easier and way cheaper than one for comic con. Also AX hasn't grown to such a large capacity to where cosplaying is discourage in certain areas.

>If you want a cool Cali anime con to go to, go to Fanime.

You mean the con that runs itself on the cheap, doesn't book guests, rests on its laurels and makes people wait in line for hours in order to pick a badge up? Fanime keeps say "for fans by the fans" but its ran as a for profit and you don't see where all their money goes. At least with AX you can point to the scores of industry presence, Japanese guests and music concerts and be content with that
>>
>>9185674
Those cosplay gatherings are all held at off-site locations. AX doesn't allow them at the convention anymore.
>>
>>9185682
Poster said the following words

>and where cosplay gatherings aren't allowed.

As in aren't allowed period. No specification was made toward location and what not. The fact that the gatherings are listed on the website shows that AX does allow them to exist.
>>
>>9185689
They aren't allowed. Cosplayers who gathered together at the convention in any specific area were told they had to disperse. Those gatherings were organized by people on cosplay.com and were not held at the convention.
>>
>>9185700
http://www.anime-expo.org/gatherings/

while they are not run by AX itself they are encouraged and the convention facilitates them. they even had locator flags so you'd know where the gathering was
>>
>>9185682
The gathering locations are usually in outside sections or stairs near the con. It is as much "offsite" as say Fanime's gatherings are.
>>
and for why they aren't in the convention center itself it's because some of them are huge and the convention center is packed enough already with the 100k people that LACC can't really support to begin with

Fanime: good to hang out at but no guests. good for cosplay photos. good if you like sleeping because there's nothing to get you out of bed.
AX: good to see guests, concerts, get autographs. bad for cosplay photos
SDCC: hard to get badges/hotels/etc. expensive when you do get them. very little Japanese content nowadays. bad for cosplay photos
>>
>>9185710
>If you're a cosplayer please gather over there or there don't do it here. Thanks.

>>9185713
At Fanime you are allowed to have cosplay gatherings inside the con.
>>
>>9185716
You can even have cosplay gatherings at Comic-Con, which is a bigger con. AX is literally the only con to disallow cosplay gatherings. Making excuses for anti-community policies doesn't work.
>>
>>9185753
probably due to AX being way overcrowded. they really need a bigger venue.
>>
>>9185753
>AX is literally the only con to disallow cosplay gatherings. Making excuses for anti-community policies doesn't work.

What the hell have you been reading
http://www.anime-expo.org/gatherings/

The gatherings were on AX's website, advertised by AX info booths and even had AX flags to help mark them. How the hell is that AX not allowing gatherings?
>>
>>9185750
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1hYSvbdXtVuo9CA0gKYehoCQdnRc

Have you seen the gathering locations. Many of them are on the convention property. Just because they're not indoors means they're excluded
>>
>>9180755
anon I'm not ever gonna see fanime

>>9180859
I've been to big cons run better, It's not about wanting to be in every panel at every time.
>>
>>9185781
>you keep trying with this even after it's been explained
>>
I think anon is just salty they aren't in the air conditioned interior

even at SDCC the big gatherings go outside to places like the back steps because there is space to put everyone
>>
>>9185789
I don't understand why you want to have a cosplay gathering inside the venue when it's crowded as fuck and a terrible place for photos? What's wrong with having the gathering being outside the literal front door like many of the gathers are?

That's not AX saying they can't have them at all at the convention/event. If anything they're just trying to minimize even more congestion inside the venue than there already is.

>This upset by having their group be told to just go outside.
>>
>>9185795
Maybe her makeup melts as soon as she catches a whiff of hot summer air
>>
>>9185800
>hurr hurr what's the matter can't handle 90 degree heat fuck off pussy
>>
>>9185780
>How the hell is that AX not allowing gatherings?
By not allowing gatherings at the con. The only reason they even listed the gatherings was so that people wouldn't try to gather at the con.

This isn't some subjective viewpoint. It is literally against Anime Expo policy to have cosplay gatherings on convention premises.
>>
>>9185789
>you keep trying to argue this even when a lot of posters have proven you wrong

So tell me again how AX disallows gatherings when

A: They are advertise on their website (thus allowing them to happen)
B: Has them on con property (allowing gatherings to happen at the con)
C: Has staff instructing people where to go, puts up booths to advertise locations and has flags with the AX logo marking the spots (thus allowing people to go to the proper locations)

So tell us how exactly does AX not allow gatherings.
>>
>>9185795
If you enjoy having photos on the cement staircase across the street from the convention that is fine, but the fact still remains that AX is the only convention in the world that doesn't want cosplay gatherings at the con.
>>
>>9185808
You mean the policy of not having large groups congregate and block areas off by their sheer numbers? Have you seen how big League of Legends gets? Or when Homestuck had enough people to block the entirety of the outside concourse?
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1920x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1920x1048px
>>9185808
>This isn't some subjective viewpoint. It is literally against Anime Expo policy to have cosplay gatherings on convention premises.

Are you daft? You see the yellow section, that's located near the underpass at the con

Red section is the stairs leading up to one of the hallways.

The blue section is smack dab in between convention buildings and is in on of the outer courtyards.

So yeah go ahead and explain away. These locations are on con premises
>>
>>9185817
>A: They are advertise on their website (thus allowing them to happen)
They listed the gatherings on the website so that people wouldn't try to gather at the con like previous years.
>Has them on con property (allowing gatherings to happen at the con)
It isn't "con property". It's the building complex that surrounds the convention. It's literally outside convention grounds.
>Has staff instructing people where to go
False. The gatherings were entirely done on cosplay.com and had nothing to do with AX staff.

They also disallowed professional photographers from taking pictures outside allotted times and areas, but that's another story.
>>
>>9185822
No, I mean the policy of having literally no cosplay gatherings.
>>
>>9185827
>They also disallowed professional photographers from taking pictures outside allotted times and areas, but that's another story.
Do tell
>>
>>9185826
Despite your bravado, literally none of the seven sites are at the convention. They're all surrounding it.
>>
>>9185827
>False. The gatherings were entirely done on cosplay.com and had nothing to do with AX staff.

AX staff had the gatherings locations and a schedule. Not to mention a printed map.

Meanwhile here's the nail in your arguments

>They listed the gatherings on the website so that people wouldn't try to gather at the con like previous years.

They still ALLOWED a gathering to happen. The original argument was

>and where cosplay gatherings aren't allowed.

If they gatherings happened then, does not matter where specifically and how if it happened then AX allowed it. If AX did not shut these gatherings down then they permitted them.

This is what happens when you use broad generalizations to make an argument.
>>
>>9185835
The blue section in sandwich between buildings and is the same place where the food trucks would park and where people would line up.
>>
>>9185850
I think anon is taking anything that isn't inside the convention center walls as not being part of the convention center's property.
>>
>>9178228
I enjoy staffing quite a bit, but I realize this is a far cry from actually roaming around the halls. Its best to pick one or two things you really want to do a day, and do those two things, and let everything else just kind of happen.

Some things improved this year, and others were rather odd. Artist Alley was crazy big this year, but dear God the aisles seemed smaller and more packed than usual.
>>
>>9185922
that front zone in AA was a deathtrap
I hope some lessons were learned from that alone
>>
>>9185925
Agreed, but I am hoping just for a bit more signage and pathways regarding kentia hall. Don't think they've figured out a good layout for the entirety of kentia.
>>
Prepare to feel bored and unwelcome after 6pm when everything closes except for the panels that you probably won't get into at that point.
>>
>>9186088
Fucking this.
AX is just fine during the day but the moment the evening rolls along have some plans or go to a meet up. They may have panels and events but there sure as hell isn't enough going on to accommodate 100K+ in attendees.
>>
>>9186096
I think this is due to the fact that many late night panel rooms are only using the small rooms while the bigger rooms are reserved for industry and big guests
>>
>>9185804
Where in the summer time is it NOT around this temperature? Please do tell.
>>
>>9185835
>Surrounding it
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.