[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Thread ! >cosplay progress Discuss about next cons !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: fra.gif (3KB, 434x287px) Image search: [Google]
fra.gif
3KB, 434x287px
French Thread !
>cosplay progress
Discuss about next cons !
>>
French comic con was incredibly shit last year and looks to be even worse this year, with the retards organizing it raising the prices while ignoring the complains.
I hope it'll crash and burn soon.

>We'll never get back to the Japan Expo / Comic Con golden era
>>
Anyone coming to HeroFestival in novembre ?
It's a pretty based con.
>>
Are there any good French general J-fashion groups?
>>
>>9178533
I don't understand why Comic con paris is so shit while america comic con are god tier.
>>
>>9181503
It tried too hard to pander to normies and hoped that the Comic Con brand would do all the work.
Thankfully Paris Comics Expo si based as ever.
>>
I look forward to see how the Coupe de France Cosplay goes, I think I'll compete for it at my hometown con. Anyone else planning to enter the selections ?
>>
File: 1432747711813.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1432747711813.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>best friend in highschool was a cosplayer
>told me all the good stories
>how she met all her girlfriends at meets and cons
>how the french community was 90% shit talk and drama
>2 years later, miss her
>go on /cgl/
>it's the same thing
>>
>>9179871
Yup ! I'm already gone to HeroFest S1 and S2, so I will be in da place this year too !
>>
>>9182880
Same thing here.
Were you in cosplay the previous years ?
>>
>>9182894
Nope, it's one of the rare events where I was not cosplayed... But I think that this year I will craft something or I will wear an old one.
And what about you ?
>>
>>9182900
I was, but it's pretty specific and I don't want to reveal my powerlevel.
If you are into old sci-fi, you might have noticed me.
>>
Anybody here will go to the next Japan Touch edition? I'm not sure I'll have enough free time this year and maybe they'll try to bring normies even more than last year but I still want to go to see friends there. I might even buy the premium streetpass thing for the 3ds to meet more people without taking the console out every 5sec.
>>
>>9183213
I won't, but give a huge thumb up to this guy :
https://www.instagram.com/aenrysch/
If you see him.
Tell him it's about his Zagreus cosplay.
>>
>>9185385
Not sure how I'll see him because it's always crowded and all, but I'll try for you anon. I checked and I'll have enough free time to go to the con the whole weekend. I don't think the official website had an update yet, with some guests and booths for example. I really want to know, now that I'm sure I'll go.

Also, who will go to the Y/CON? I thought there would be another Yaoi Yuri Con in Lyon this year (because there was one last year) but apparently they changed the name of the con and it will be in Paris, right when I won't have enough time or money to go to another city. If somebody plans on going there, tell me everything, I'm very curious.
>>
>>9187890
I'll be studying in Paris this year so I might check it out. I went to their booth at Japan Expo and they got me interested, so unless I have something else planned that weekend I might go.
>>
About Paris, is there a goodness tier for the differents cons there are ? I saw the japan expo, but what about the others ?
>>
>>9192153
Japan Expo is filled with normies and feels like a huge, mostly money-oriented con, but it's the best money-oriented con filled with normies you'll ever be too.
Paris Manga and sci fi show is a bit shit organization-wise but has great guests, good ambiance and not too much normies.
Comic Con is pigshit.
Paris comics expo is god-tier.
Geekopolis is also god-tier.
Le salon du fantastique is pretty good.

A lot of cosplay or "geek culture" oriented bars or caffes organize a lot of great parties pretty often, check them up if you can !
(I'm from Marseille, but I have a friend in Paris who knows the last point a lot more, I'll ask him if you want to know more.)
>>
I know it's not france related or in france at all but what about the convention "Polymanga" any thoughts on that ?
>>
>>9194306
Polymanda is Swiss (but in the french part of Switzerland)

It's rather small, very crowded, but if you're there with friends is alsy very fun
>>
>>9198598
It'll be over the long easter weekend so I'll probably drop over for a day to check it out if i'm free. Seems like most of the programming is centered around random youtubers though, but I'm apt to keep an eye on it anyways
Gotta figure out how to procure a decent cosplay between now and then though, as most of my supplies are back at home halfway around the world, ugh
>>
>>9199001
whoops, meant to quote >>9194306
>>
>>9194257
I live near Marseille, and i'd like to know if there's any "geek culture" places. The only thing somewhat related to this i know is the Nexus bar where you can play games.

Does anyone is part of the few lolita coms in France? Or heard anything about it?
>>
>>9203412
I'm >>9194257, I was talking about Paris, Marseille has a lot less good places. But some shops are pretty good ; it even used to have a cosplay shop until last year.
>the Nexus bar where you can play games
I go here once a week actually, it started as a pretty shitty Meltdown ripoff but it's getting better ; the one year anniversary party was very cosplay friendly and had quite a few impressive props.
The local cosplay associations do some nice things, Aoi Sora Cosplay is a bit corrupt in places but does a lot of shit and Freedom's Cosplay Show is also pretty active. Then there's Justice League Animation which does a lot of stuff for various fandoms, Killerbee which acts weirdly but can pull off decent events, and other minor groups like Les Pandas who are autistic but harmless.
Otherall, there's not that much "geek culture" places (Nexus, Meltdown Aix, L'antre du Snorgleux, and various small comic / manga / role-playing shops) but there's quite a lot of "geek culture" activities.

What are your interests ? I might be able to help you.
>>
Has anyone here visited a convention outside of France? What were your experiences?
>>
>>9203627
I went to otakucon when I was in vacation in Québec.
It's apparently an average con for Norht-American standard, but cosplay-wise, panel wise, and atmosphere-wise it drarves even our best cons.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.