[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Livejournal days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Livejournal-logo.png (19KB, 243x171px) Image search: [Google]
Livejournal-logo.png
19KB, 243x171px
It's time for some LJ nostalgia.
Share your favourite lolita blogs,favourite EGL posts,pics,groups you miss (angry_lace,wtf_burando,...)
>>
Those halcyon days before stupid_free and sf_drama were over-run with sjws.
Oh, and I miss lolita_fucks. And badmakeup. And fanficrants. And McTabby and summary executions. And a whole lot of other stuff that couldn't happen now anyway because we're all too fucking 'sensitive' these days.
>>
But why are people so against using livejournal nowadays? I don't have any issues using it on my cellphone. Instead of a thread like this, why not make a wtf burando post on egl if you miss it so much? Is it a patience issue, because it takes a while for egl to have new posts and comments?
>>
>>9175597
There has already been multiple attempts by nostalgic gulls to bring back LJ, but it never works. Personally, I think people remember the LJ days in heavily rose tinted glasses. The lolcows were better and I think the sales comm was superior to everything we have now for BST, but that's about it. The posts on EGL were mostly pretty cried or boring, save for some useful information and translations.
>>
>>9175597
>>9175632
People also forget that the community has moved over Facebook sometime ago already. When I got into lolita EGL was dead already and it has been atleast 3 years. I did look at it frequently, but never continue to do it frequently after the mods started to skip new banner, monthly themes etc. because I never got really used to do so and there was no discussion or anything else to see. I'm pretty sure a lot of newbies like me haven't even looked there properly or at all. How would that huge part of the lolita community even start using it when they have already used to Facebook which have been "the" platform for the whole time they have been in lolita. Like lj has been to the girls who have been longer in the fashion. Also, this change is seen in other hobbies too. Forums die, younger people go for Instagram because they don't are as verbal in their communicating as people few years ago used to be. Everything is becoming more and more compacter so the natural way to go is pictures.
>>
>tfw Princess Skye pics are forever deleted
>tfw her blog will never come back
>>
>>9175632
But it does work? There are active oldfags on egl as well as new people. It's just not as fast-paced as facebook and tumblr.
>>
>>9175597
If you want to get attention and exposure, Tumblr and Instagram are more visual and engaging. If you want a more private community to facilitate a more personal community, Facebook already exists and has everything your need.

More importantly, all of these sites are quick to use and were consistently accessible during our technological exodus to mobile web. Meanwhile, LJ was consistently marred by poor management and site-wide drama, in addition to drama unique to their niche fandom/community/group.
>>
> a website who let you use a pseudonym and focused on communities of truly passionate people got replaced by facebook, which forces you to put your /cgl/ shit close to your real identity, which can fuck you up badly and expose you to cringe from normies

When did everything go so wrong ?
>>
>>9175811
Yeah, but it's still really slow and nowhere near what it used to be.
>>
>>9175797
I feel the same way with Sniper. I really miss her lifestyler blog, it was so overwhelmingly ridiculous.
>>
>>9176106
I just use a fake FB name for everything Lolita related. Just make sure it sounds real.
>>
>>9175918
I also feel like LJ SJWs were worse. I know everyone shits on tumblrinas, but they're at least really funny and much easier to avoid. The format of LJ put them more in your face and they were on a whole other level of pretension and smugness.
>>
>>9176456
Sniper was a lifestyler? I wasnt around for her drama but briefly heard about it and oh boy
>>
>>9176465
It wasn't even just "SJW's" per se, but the structured nature of communities on LJ. If you wanted to post your coords, you had to accept a community's mods, regulars, and culture in general. Many times, one or more would be shitty and intolerable. On Tumblr/Instagram, you can just tag your posts, curate your own friends/follow list, and easily block and avoid the dramamongers.
>>
File: 005.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>9175489
While I was organizing and archiving files, I ran across a lot of images that came from places like macro_lolita and that one comm page where people submitted icon images (I can't remember the name).
>>
File: 027.jpg (6KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
6KB, 100x100px
>>9177859
>>9176456

I don't remember Sniper_Nyan being a life styler. Didn't she have a (joke) pic of her holding a gun?

Anyway, here's another icon image.

>mfw captcha asks to check all images of tea
>>
>>9177966
I miss having icons sometimes. I remember expressing moods with mine, and how proud my bby self was when I learned how to make my own. I still have folders of that crap on an ancient hard drive somewhere.
>>
File: tisfriday.png (148KB, 319x224px) Image search: [Google]
tisfriday.png
148KB, 319x224px
>>9177966
Oh I'm dumb, it was Macrolita. Man...the last post was in 2012. So many dead memes.

>>9177978
haha, please share.
>>
>>9176456
The reveal on her identity was hilarious, given all that blogging about being perfect. She was such a hot mess. I wonder what her malfunction was to have trolled that hard through so many different communities, especially with all the racist stuff she'd spout on SF.
>>
File: seya2a.jpg (23KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
seya2a.jpg
23KB, 400x359px
>>9177974
Here you go anon
>>
>>9176455
It used to be just as slow depending on how far back you go. Now you normally get 5-10 replies, you just have to wait a couple of days to get them
>>
I kind of wish I'd been on LJ when it was popular. I know there was plenty of drama, but in a different sense from 13 year olds on Tumblr. Was it just because there were less younger teenagers on there?
Most of the good content on Tumblr is from older members, from my experience, but I think it won't be the same when the userbase grows up, since LJ's userbase came from a slightly earlier Internet background. You don't get the same kind of overly flowery posts you did on there, for example, or at least it seems that way to me.
I'm finding it hard to imagine what all the 13 year old fictionkin snowflakes will be doing in their later days.

TL;DR there was something in the fandoms and communties there that I kind of wish I could've experienced.
>>
>>9178346
The drama wasn't any different. I think people just spent less time on the internet in general so maybe that's why it felt like there was less? There are still active fandom communities on livejournal too. But people want everything quick and short now, and that's not what livejournal ever will be.

I actually like how slow livejournal is. If I ask a question on cgl I get maybe 2 replies and if I don't come here for a couple of days I can't even find my question anymore.
>>
>>9175632
>people remember the LJ days in heavily rose tinted glasses
god this, I was around for a lot of the LJ days and I'll tell you, it wasn't all that great. People whinge about the sjws nowadays, but I nearly prefer that to the unbelievable edgelords that hung around on LJ. People who would kick up a shitfit like a child if you mentioned something they didn't like, drama would literally flare up out of fucking nothing, mods couldn't keep on top of everything that was going on, it was a bit of a mess. I see a lot of posting styles, behaviors, and reactions on cgl that would've been commonplace back in the day (obviously not the exact same since people had an account reputation to keep, not that it bothered everyone).
I'm guilty of occasionally looking through the rose tinted glasses since LJ was my only online outlet for Lolita back when I was starting out with my first pieces, but it's literally just nostalgia. If we went back to LJ it would be awful.

The only thing I genuinely miss from LJ is Daily Lolita. There was so much less ass kissing for shit coords, they just got ignored/given concrit.
>>
LJ was just better for discussion and sharing things. Who shares their translations of Gothic&lolita bible nowadays? Or interviews with designers and fashion icons from Japan? Discussions in rufflechat are useless and almost nobody shares pictures. On cgl you don't know if the person you're talking to is even a lolita.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.