[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General: back to school edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 28

File: 1470155152233.jpg (46KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
1470155152233.jpg
46KB, 500x523px
Old thread: >>9164902
New releases: >>9171463
Trends you want to die: >>9173039
WTF Brando: >>9173683
CoF Thread: >>9171907
>>
>>9174315
Also, are boots out of fashion? I love the look of boots like in the OP pic, but I've not seen anyone really wearing them for a couple of years now.
Well, the odd person here and there wears them, but not much. Having said that, that's just what I've seen, so it could be subjective to my area. Are boots outdated now?
>>
>>9174319
Printed socks/tights have been really popular for the past few years, which might be a contributing factor to why you don't see that many boots taller than ankle anymore.
>>
>>9174319
I think they're more seasonal.
>>
>>9174331
That's actually a pretty solid reason, I should have thought of that

>>9174332
I didn't see many last year in the winter/autumn, but that might be because there are zero daily lolitas near me or (I'd wager) in my country, so no one buys boots because they don't need to. That's my theory anyway.
It sucks though because I want a nice pair like in OP but nowhere really makes nice ones.
>>
I love the JSK that OP posted but it's so clearly old school that I can only think of a couple of ways to coordinate it (and so I've never bought it). Does anyone have inspo lying around?
>>
>>9174347
Meta makes really nice boots. I got a pair two years ago that I wear regularly and they're still in good shape. They're not leather and I certainly don't expect them to last a lifetime but they're much better than the Bodyline or Taobao ones I've seen up close.
>>
Am I stupid? I can't find anything about tea time nostalgia on baby's blog. How can I get one on the 10th?
>>
Some things I've been curious about
>Do you have a favorite main piece?
>How long have you had it?
>was it a "dream dress" for you before you bought it?
>What makes it your favorite? The cut? Color? Sentimental value?
>>
>>9174356
Hmm, you're right, I like their stuff, but unfortunately I'm just a cm larger than their LL measurement, damn it. But thanks anyway!

Also I've not checked up on Meta's releases in a long while, but their elegant lady series is gorgeous!
>>
>>9174384
Aw, that sucks. I didn't think of that. In that case TB is probably your best bet since BL really overpriced theirs for the quality, or maybe you'll get lucky with normie or goth brand boots. It's easier if you're looking for black.
>>
>>9174394
Hey no problem. Here's hoping I luck out on TB.
>>
>>9174319
I only wear boots, not shoes. I have awkwardly narrow heels to find shoes for, so end up usually opting for knee high boots in one style or another.
>>
>>9174416
You're my saviour, anon
Where do you get yours from?
>>
>>9174319
most lolita shops on taobao don't sell boots. fatty-chan's can't fit japanese boots around their calves. normie boots usually don't have the right look.
>>
>>9174455
Most lolita TB shops that sell shoes also sell boots, though? Unless you're talking about clothing brands that release shoes to go with a certain series like once a year, and I doubt anon would be looking at those for boot options anyway.
>>
>>9174464
I'm not an expert on taobao desu I just know the lolita brands and I never see them sell boots. Do the boots those shoe brands sell fit big western calves?
>>
>>9174425
I don't wear lolita specific brands, as they don't fit my style or my feet. AllSaints, Karen Millen, Gabor are my main go to places, along with a pair of Demonias. My style is more aristocrat with a bit of gothic lolita, so it works.
It sounds very ita-tactic, but it is doable, depending on your style. My favourites are my Demonias and a pair of lace up KMs from several years ago, calf length, with a small stiletto heel and pointy toe. They work really well with the more classic end of my lolita wardrobe.
For lolita specific boots, I have no clue, sorry. I don't look because I can't buy footwear without trying them on first due to having such an awkward foot shape.
>>
>>9174394
Personally I like the Bodyline boots I own much more than the An*Tai*Na ones, just saying.
>>
File: 1464596168129.jpg (53KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1464596168129.jpg
53KB, 500x669px
So, when I style my hair it looks kinda like this but black. What styles would this work best with? Black sweet? Gothic? Old-school?

I usually wear wigs, but I'd like to be able to use my own hair. I've worn gothic-classic with it, but I don't feel like it looks very good with it...

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the help thread, but I feel like I would get better answers here.
>>
>>9174504
Which did you get? I bought Bodyline boots before I got the Meta ones and they made my ankles bleed and ruined my precious burando socks. They're the ones with the roses. Bought them after the price hike too, which makes it even more annoying.
>>
>>9174505
I think this would look really adorable with old school or toned down sweet if you wore a simple Alice bow in it.
>>
>>9174505
Sweet, anything otome or larme-inspired, maybe classic or gothic. It's not oldschool at all unless you style it differently (make the bangs blunt instead of diffused, curl it) so don't bother.

>>9174518
I got the ones with the roses and I also got the taller version of the platform heels. No issues with either, except that the heels hurt my feet a bit because they're quite high. I can't see how boots could make your ankles bleed? I bought mine like two years ago though.

I got some knee-high boots from An*Tai*Na a couple of years ago and they're incredibly squeaky when I walk, the lacing part going to the toe is slightly wonky on one (like, the opening goes off to an angle), and they flop over really easily while stored and get creased. The only reason I haven't sold them is because with the scuffs they have, it'd cost more to ship them than they're worth.
>>
>>9174521
Thanks for the advice! What color scheme if sweet? I'm not sure if pink, purple or sax would work with black hair, since there would be such a big contrast... Maybe red or black?
>>9174527
Ah, yeah forgot to mention, the bangs are more blunt than in the picture.
If I remember I might style it and post a picture of what it actually looks like tomorrow
>>
>>9174527
Badly fitting footwear can easily make your feet / ankles bleed. If they are say fastened too tightly, or are too loose, all sorts of problems can arise. This is why I wear Western footwear brands every time. Having seen people end up with fecked up feet due to badly fitting footwear, it's not worth the risk, even if the shoes or boots aren't strictly speaking lolita in style.
>>
>>9174505
I have very similar hair, rectangle headdresses look so so darling with this style
>>
>>9174541
Your hair is a natural colour so it really doesnt matter what colour your outfits are? Its not like you have teal hair or something outlandish. If youre really that worried maybe choose colours to wear that suit your skin tone?
>its clothes anon, wear what you like!
>>
>>9174527
>>9174551
The boots were the right side sole but yeah they were too wide around the ankles. They're made of really stiff material that would fold inwards when I walked and chafe my ankles until they bled. I didn't even realise until I got home and found that my socks were bloody and my ankles a bruised mess. Fortunately it healed up really quickly, but RIP socks.
>>
>>9174618
*size ugh
>>
File: giphy.gif (992KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
992KB, 500x465px
>>9174594
Ooh, yeah, I can see how that could be really cute, thanks for the tip!
>>9174602
Ah, really? I've always kinda thought people disliked black hair with sweet.. Especially pinks and such.
Anyways, thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!
>>
>>9174594
>>9174629
Yess, short curled bobs are great with lolita, but because the bangs and length already make your face look round, it can be good to tie the headdress in the back or use ones that clip on.

>>9174629
It depends on the outfit and the era of sweet you're going for. Lolita originated in Japan so even in peak pastelsplosion era when pink wigs were popular, there were Japanese girls wearing black hair with the style. In the washed-out with black touches colourschemes AP puts out today, or in ones with more primary colours/jewel tones, black is great.
>>
LA-based anons, do any of you have recommendations for tailors? Particularly ones that can work with otome/lolita dresses since the few I've tried haven't been the greatest at adjusting what I need.
>>
>>9174364
Go to the Laforet location on Sat. There's probably a very limited amount and they'll likely do a shuffle
>>
File: IMG_0462.gif (299KB, 1266x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0462.gif
299KB, 1266x1000px
Hello, what name of is print? Baby the stars shine bright.
>>
>>9174922
Sweet Cream Strawberry Days
>>
Did anyone else see the e-mail from Lacemarket about Kei Market? Thoughts?
>>
Just found out my good friend took a girl's AP bolero at our last meet. What do?

Girl thinks she just left it at the teahouse we visited and some rando took it, so it's not like she's desperate to find out who stole it or anything like that.
>>
>>9174973
Screen grab?
>>
>>9174975
If she confided in you that she took it, you should try to talk her into giving it back.
If she hasn't incriminated herself, I suggest getting some more opinions.
I'd personally call her out on her bullshit after retrieving the bolero and verifying it's the one she stole. If there's a detail the owner can remember that sets it apart, like a stain or something, you can verify it's stolen without spilling the beans.
Theft is not ok.
I've had friends steal from big department stores, but it's not like an individual person can file insurance claims on used clothing.
>>
>>9174541
I have black hair and wear a lot of purple/lavender
>>
>>9174490
>big western calves
Don't asians have bigger calves though? Like musclier.
I'm white, tall and far from thin but I've only ever had problems with boots being too big on my calves.
>>
File: puppetcircusreeeeeeee.jpg (55KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
puppetcircusreeeeeeee.jpg
55KB, 500x391px
What happened with this?
>>
>>9175120
Oh anon

I was an april fools joke
>>
So as one of the most popular lolitas in my community, I was asked by the chairman of a small upcoming local con to host a few lolita panels at their con coming up in the next few months. I figure I could easily squeeze a lolita 101/lolita on a budget panel together for the newer prospective members of the community, but I want to aim for something a litthe more. What panel would you as an allready established lolita like to see as a panel at a con? Bonus points for ideas that a newer gal might enjoy as well.
>>
>>9175130
I would love to see a panel on how to sew basic headbows/headdresses. I think for a lolita on a budget learning how small stuff like that would be helpful
>>
>>9174455
>just the fatty chans have big calves
Nah. I used to run track and field, my calves have always been muscular. That said, some of the normal fatty chan brands carry boots with wide calves, for my fellow muscular calfed anons.
>>
>>9175087
Most Asians I have seen have stick legs and it's mostly western girls that have thicker legs.
>>
>>9175152
I have pretty things legs, and I'm not "skinny" or that short either and I've always had an issue with boot calves being too big on me. I always lace it as tight as I can and I get a weird angle budget where from just above my ankle and down my foot is floating in the boot, but if I don't tie it that tight my foot feels like it will fly out of the boot if I'm not careful with walking
>>
>>9174319
I wear boots. They're great for daily non-summer coordinates.
>>
>>9175141
I have thought of that before as well but I am afraid it may be a bit boring to watch another person sew. I definately don't have enough sewing equipment to meet the needs of 30 people (the amount of attendees I had come to a panel last year). I've also gone to a few lolita/shironuri/cosplay makeup panels before and watching someone put makeup on another person kind of drags on. That stuff is best left to YouTube tutorialso imo. At least sewing simple items would be cool for a crafting meet with the actual comm with extra patterns printed out, but I couldn't really see it working for a con eventually.
>>
>>9174922
Did you just ask if the prints name was "Baby, the stars shine bright"
>>
>>9175169
Tru

How about a Kamikazi girl trivia contest?
>>
>>9175217
I'm pretty sure they were asking what the print name was; the brand is btssb...you dolt...
>>
>>9175226
That would be fun! I wonder if I could get a block long enough for a screening and THEN a trivia game at the end time win some btssb swag
>>
>>9175152
No, East Asians have daikon-shaped calves and get big calf muscles easily from any exercise. Chopstick legs only happen if you lose a lot of weight.
>>
>>9174505
That's not old school specific at all, but will work with any lolita style as it's such a versatile haircut
>>
>>9174315
I yearn for the days Lolita looked like this. I have lots of new releases with cute prints and everything but in my mindt they're not even Lolita. Just cute polyester dresses with bows and lace (sometimes not even that). I scroll through closet of frills, look at pics like this and think how the fuck are these meant to be the same fashion. I look at Juliette and Justine and fucking die inside.
>>
>>9175152
That's the thighs and hips, they have bigger calves. I have big thighs and small calves/ ankles.
>>
>>9174375
>Do you have a favorite main piece?
I have many, I can't name one over all. They all have different details I appreciate.
>How long have you had it?
Most of them are quite new as I have had more money to use in past year, but oldest ones I have had 3 years.
>was it a "dream dress" for you before you bought it?
I don't have any dream dresses. Dresses I really, really like yes, but as I don't have money regularly to use on lolita I don't want to get too obsessed to a dress I can't afford if it came up. But all of these dresses have been kinda "I must get that". Only one has been on my list of favorite items but I made the list recently anyway.
>What makes it your favorite? The cut? Color? Sentimental value?
I love fabric textures and lace. Flatteeing and comfy cuts are also good. I think it's the over all image the dress has. Some of them just fits my style perfectly but it's hard to give a just one reason why.
>>
>>9174518
Okay, I'm now scared because I bought the exact boots. Do they run big or small? Do you walk a lot in heels? I fortunately have other, comfy winterboots from Meta and Baby but wanted these as fillers.
>>
>>9174319
In places with -20C winters and snow everywhere boots sure are common in lolita
>>
>>9175279
True, look at misako's legs.
It's not a bad thing, just a different body type.
>>
Okay, so a dress I like (not a dream dress, but I like it anyway) came up for $200 less than what it usually goes for. My student loan hasn't kicked in yet, so I have no money and I really need to be saving as much as I can until it does. However this dress is NWT and it's such a good price that if I didn't like it I could sell it for sure at a profit. I don't really know what to do, do I buy, or do I not buy?
>>
>>9175673
Don't spend money you don't have. Lolita is a hobby, not a necessity.
>>
>>9175702
When you put it like that, you're right. I can hold off for now.
>>
>>9175647
Misako has thin calves though?
>>
>>9175217
Oh god I typed like a retard when I wrote that... It's a btssb print but I couldn't seem to find its name online, is all.
>>9174947
Thank you
>>
>>9175709
The comment was about the shape though - they're thin because she's thin, but you can already kinda see where the muscle bulk sticks out a bit more at the top even though she doesn't specifically work out her calves.
>>
File: SwanLakeFrillJSK-pink-tile.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
SwanLakeFrillJSK-pink-tile.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
How long are Meta's Swan Lake Frill and Swan Lake Ribbon Tulle JSKs? I'm about 5'8".
>>
I was readig old translations for nostalgia's sake, this is from 2ch over 10 years ago

>Is Angelic Pretty's page supposed to be event and concert wear? If you were to wear a full costume or whatever like that and go out normally, it'd be no surprise if people thought you were some kind of troubled freak who wants to escape from the real world.
>Lately, none of the brands have "everyday clothes," do they? They're all like you're transforming yourself into a princess on a special day. A lot of the time, when someone says, "People who don't dress lolita in everyday life shouldn't be dressing lolita at all," someone responds, "I CAN'T wear those kinds of clothes all the time," but they probably only know the princess-style lolita fashions of today. I can't wear those clothes they're selling now every day, either. If they'd make more lolita clothes that you can wear casually, I think the number of people who could wear lolita on ordinary occasions would double.
>Yeah, lolita clothes without much lace, with pretty prints and silhouettes, that you coordinate into a lolita look--nowadays, a lot of people say that's not lolita. ^^;
>Most lolitas nowadays just add more and more and more, so you can't tell what they're trying to emphasize. Someone may have a pretty skirt, but with so much else piled on, she isn't showing the skirt to advantage at all.

It's so funny that we still argue about a lot of the same things now. But I wonder what they meant with 'every day clothes'? Things like baby's karami jsk? Cutsew dresses?

And
>The foreigner who didn't say anything and just followed me was so scary.
>I'm not particularly fat, but I'm tall, so I've had passers-by say, "Whoa, look at the Giant Lolita!"
These made me lol
>>
>>9174667
>there were Japanese girls wearing black hair with the style
Well yeah, of course, but things done in the early lolita days isn't always that good haha
But now that you say it, I can kinda see it a bit more. Idk why but in my head pink looked really bad with black hair..

>>9174989
Ah, yeah, I can see how that would be cute! Thanks

>>9175394
I wasn't really trying to say that it was oldschool, I was just throwing out some examples. I'm not that good with old school to be honest..
Thanks for your input though!
>>
Does anyone wear lolita to college/uni? Have you gotten any comments or are you otherwise ignored?
Working up the courage to start dressing nicer on the days I only have one class.
>>
>>9176254
This gets asked A LOT. I wear lolita to uni and in the beginning I did get some comments like ''why are you so dressed up'' nothing bad. After a week or two everyone got used to it and no one cares. I think it would be weirder if you wear lolita 1 day a week every week.
>>
File: LM Saved Search.png (267KB, 1344x1030px) Image search: [Google]
LM Saved Search.png
267KB, 1344x1030px
Looks like lacemarket added saved searches.
>>
Does anyone know lolita artists like Kira Imai, but more for classic and gothic? I googled it and I just found Yoh but there must be more than that.
>>
>>9176279
This is kinda weird. Why not just send an email when it's added?
>>
>>9176318

because it probably only runs the query on a set interval, not as soon as it's added
>>
>>9176329
Okay yes, I get why. But that's not nearly as useful.
>>
>>9176279
is it me or are the listings a bit jumbled now? everything is out of order and i keep seeing really old listings come up between new ones.
>>
>>9176289
Mitsukazu Mihara, Sakizo
>>
>tfw shopping service having a sale right now
>victorian maiden online shop down for maintenance
;_; i hope it goes back up soon, it was suppose to be done on the 4th or something... i don't think i can make the sale anymore.
>>
Does anyone remember that one video on YouTube where they showed an angelic pretty or baby (I think) factory and they interviewed the workers? I was thinking about it the other day and I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>9176615
ooh, I know exactly what it was. It was a Btssb factory, and it was a handful of older woman working as seamstresses. They were talking about their first time making lolita dresses and how complicated the patterns seemed at first. A lot of older videos have been taken down, but I'll see what I can find.
>>
File: disgonbegud.png (605KB, 831x453px) Image search: [Google]
disgonbegud.png
605KB, 831x453px
>>9176652
>>9176615

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6mvmXw2k6kuXN4cUZQ

The interviews start at 17:30 I believe.
>>
anyone tried to throw their AP chiffon pieces in the wash? Its the majority of my wardrobe and I'm sick of paying so much to get them cleaned every time. If anyone with MCD/Holy Lantern/Misty Sky/etc wants to share their words of wisdom with me I'd be very grateful.
>>
Does any one think there is a good and flattering cut for busty girls ?
Also dress recommendations for busty girls would be appreciated!
>>
>>9176708
I throw all my chiffon AP pieces in the wash, inside out, in a garment bag, with cold water, on gentle.
I shake it after its done and hang dry indoors away from light. The flocking on my HL is still in new condition. I own the wine and the color did not bleed out.
Also, I wash each dress on its own. And I do an empty cycle to ensure all the extra dye or whatever doesn't get on the next dress.
>>
>>9176753
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/getdressed
>>
>>9176758
Damn. Not the other anon but my boyfriend bought this stupid energy/water saving washing machine and it has to have at least a small load of laundry for the sensor to work.

I need to wash my dolly cat jsk but it sounds like I have to handwash it now.
How long does it take to dry something that heavy since I can't throw it in the dryer either??
>>
>>9176708
I normally handwash mine (and everything else) to be safe. Though I will sometimes toss them in the dryer on a delicate cycle if there's no attachments that could snag the dress.
>>
>>9176814
could you maybe throw in some regular white tshirts or something to make it feel a little heavier? neither they or the dress would be damaged by being in there, especially if the dress was in a garment bag. Buying a pack of plain shirts from Walmart or something is still cheaper than dry cleaning.
>>
>>9176827
Ohh! This is a great idea, thank you! I do have garment bags that I've been using to wash blouses and other items.
>>
>>9176814
I've washed cotton and other thicker jsks using the same method I mentioned for chiffon. But I throw in like 6 color catchers since cotton can be heavily saturated with dyes and I didn't want it to bleed on other parts of the jsk. It took like a day and a half to dry, away from direct sunlight, indoors, with central air. The material comes out stiffer though, I found that steaming while almost completely dry helped? Weird, I know. I would suggest with dolly cat since it has the cameo to throw bulk into the wash not only to help set the sensor but to also cushion the wash so your embellishments don't get all dinged up.

Good luck anon!
>>
A few friends and I are planning a trip to Tokyo around Christmas, and I was wondering if you gulls had any suggestions for places to visit, especially for classic lolitas? We're doing the usual brand stores/Closet Child pilgrimage, but are there any other nifty places worth checking out?
>>
>>9176892
Check out Odaiba, you would probably enjoy visiting Venus Fort. Also try out Swallowtail, Vampire Cafe and Monster Cafe.
>>
>>9175499
are you me anon
>>
>>9176891
Yeah, I definitely need to get some color catchers. I'm worried cause I've never used them before, though.
>>
>>9176892
Jardin De Luseine in Harajuku is commonly recommended. I have also heard good things about Aoyama Flower Market Cafe and the Moomin Cafes. I really loved Q-Pot Cafe. If you are interested in the Ghibli Museum, buy your tickets when they go up (I think three months out).

Abilletage has a beautiful gothic salon styled store in Shinjuku. Grimoire's locations are also cute.
>>
>>9176678
That was lovely. Thank you anon!
>>
Hey, which KA was it that did cake porn?

Not looking to discuss this, I was talking with a friend about this and I completely forgot her name
>>
>>9177049
Wasn't it the one girl from Doll Life or whatever fuck the tv-series was named?
>>
>>9176892
This gets asked all the time. You aren't so unique that you need to ask again.
>>
I have a small indie brand an I'm thinking of making a white dress with some blue traced buildings, but I'm afraid it would end up looking like a MMM knock-off. It's the same case of Ball at Miranda Castle in Black, from Lady Sloth, that Looks like previous MMM Prints.

Would that be a problem?
(The buildings are different, but the print would be kinda similar to Silent Moon)
>>
>>9176816
>goes through the effort of hand washing something
>puts it in the dryer

jsyk it's the dryer that ruins clothes, not the wash. you'd be WAY better off doing that backwards
>>
>>9176708
I live in chiffon blouses (for both egl & normie clothes) and I just wand wash mine. use a tiny bit of gentile detergent/kids shampoo in the sink. don't jostle the pieces too much/squeeze/wring. gently lay flat to dry (or hang... honestly I just hang a lot of my normie blouses)
>>
>>9177155
If you care about originality it would be a problem. If I had an indie brand I would focus coming up with nice cuts and experiment with different fabrics and lace because people have been complaining that it's so boring nowadays. We see a lot of the exact same cuts with different prints, so if your print also isn't very different, even if it doesn't look like a knock-off, it would be too boring for people to buy it.
>>
>>9177162
*hand wash
>>
Does anyone know other brands that sell original cardigans like these? JM ones are quickly sold out and hard to find secondhand too.
>>
>>9176161
>Lately, none of the brands have "everyday clothes,"
This is my problem with lolita. I want to wear basic stuff for daily wear, and I feel luckily I can find some JSKs for that, but I can't even find nice hair accessories that are not too big. And if I get a bow in a normie store like claire's the quality is too fucking awful.
>>
>>9177155
People might think you got the inspiration from MMM but you should be fine otherwise. If you're concerned about people claiming your design is a replica then don't, it's not a replica unless it's a direct copy of an original print that someone else designed.
>>
>>9177184
>can't find a reasonable size headbow in this universe

honestly I've given up and have been sticking with nice fake flowers & vintage clips. God help you if you're into sweet, though...
>>
Is everything in alice auaa's webshop available to buy? google translate is not working for some reason. Also, why is even their most basic stuff so expensive? Is it worth it?
>>
File: pkye_5.jpg (29KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
pkye_5.jpg
29KB, 250x333px
>>9177184
>>9177191
How, I'm sweet and I have few. Usually the best ones are the ones that came with dresses 2006-2010. For example, I have Colorful Sherbet and Twinkle Mermaid headbows and they are smallish.
>>
>>9177184
Are you serious? Have you ever looked at AP? They have some of the nicest casual dresses. All of their solid dresses are ultra cute. They also have started making smaller bows.
>>
>>9177191
Same. Sometines innocent world has pretty nice small flowers or bow clips.

>>9177200
Yeah, the most perfect small hair accessories I have are really old. I feel bad though when I buy an old secondhand bow and shipping is three times the amount I paid for the item itself.

>>9177241
No I hate AP
>>
>>9177273
IW's got loads of dresses and hair accessories that are more suited to everyday wear.
>>
>>9177275
Yeah but we talking about tiny high quality headbows
>>
File: 162929-m-01-dl[1].jpg (24KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
162929-m-01-dl[1].jpg
24KB, 345x437px
>>9177279
Any smaller and you might as well just tie a ribbon in your hair. I have a vague memory of JM/ETC/MILK having small headbows too.
>>
>>9177289
That's the smallest bow they currently have and coincidentally the smallest burando alice band I own. The other brands you mentioned don't have any but thanks for the suggestion. I wish I could find ribbons in my city that aren't meant for gift wrapping.
>>
>>9177279
IW do do small, nice hair bows good for every day. That's my point.
>>
>>9177325
Did you not read the thread? I recommended innocent world for small hair accessories myself. Their normal bows are too big for me though.
>>
>>9177273
You sound extremely picky and you're doing the whole "recommend me things but not those things!" bit.

Guess no one here has your taste and you'd probably be better off trying to find things on your own. You're on the internet -- you've got loads of searching to do.
>>
>>9177421
Read the thread starting here >>9176161
No one is asking for recommendations, it's more of a then vs now discussion.
>>
>>9177330
Alright anon, how about you give us an example of how small these bows have to fucking be since clearly we're too dumb to comprehend what you mean.
>>
>>9177090
come back after you scoop the sand out of your vag.
>>
>>9177548
>newfag asks a stupid question that's been answered a million times
>gets told this
>hurr sandy cooch

I'm not that anon but r u srs?
>>
What's the quality of Miho Matsuda like? Is it generally better than something like Ichigo15?
>>
>>9177425
No? I'm talking about the bow discussion, I replied to that because anon said they hate ap. They also said IW was even too big for them.
>>
>>9177873
It's getting ridiculous. You won't find anything any smaller really than the alice bow pictured as a suggestion. I don't think you can find anything small by the lolita brands, and even then, any smaller and they'd look 'off'. IW's clip in bows can get pretty small. I have the button braid clip, and I wouldn't like it any smaller purely for balance and working with an outfit as the main hair accessory. I'm saying that as someone who hates huge bows. The sort of size bow that anon seems to be describing sounds more like she's after a tiny doll's bow or child's hair bow. If they're that picky, they should go to a haberdashery, buy some ribbon, and make a bow themselves.
>>
>>9177090
>>9177794
There aren't a lot of stuff in the archives that is geared specifically towards classic lolita, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Most of the recs I found were either weeb shit, goth, or kawaii, none of which interests me that much.

>>9177038
I didn't know Abilletage had its own separate salon! We were just planning on going to their Laforet store. Adding Jardin de Luseine and Aoyama Flower Market Cafe to my list, thanks!
>>
>>9177273
OK well you're saying there's no more casual, but the truth is AP has plenty. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean there are no casual Lolita clothes out there. Maybe you should just quit Lolita and wear normalfag stuff then.
>>
>>9177881
This. Small ribbon bows are easy as fuck to make and in the time anon spent crying ITT she could've churned out several of them.
>buy petersham ribbon
>fold into bow, sew
>add charm if desired
>sew on hair clip or put it on a headband
>boom
>>
>>9177873
>>9178421
>>9178428
Are you sure you read it before replying? She said Innocent World has small hair accessories, and then someone decided to show her the smallest Innocent World bow they have. Nobody said casual clothes and small hair accessories don't exist anymore. From >>9176161 it sounds like ''everyday'' lolita clothes were the norm some 20 years ago and that's what she responded to. Now let it go.
>>
>>9178433

>>9177184
>I can't even find nice hair accessories that are not too big
>>9177330
>[IW's] normal bows are too big for me

i.e. "wahh lolita brands aren't catering to me enough!!"
>>
>>9177038
On this note, does anyone have any recommendations for hair and/or nail salons in Tokyo? I'd like to do both when I'm there (I'm not previous anon).
>>
>>9178428
What sauce do you guys use for ribbons? Finding some on etsy but not enough, and the fabric stores are expensive.

Also what's that suede like satin ribbon called that IW uses?
>>
So I tried to be nice to a first time seller on LM and buy an item from them. But it's been over 24 hours since the listing ended, and it took over half a day to hear back from them at all(the message said they would invoice me the next day which is today, but if you had time to send the message why not send the invoice?)

I sent a message saying I'd keep an eye out for the invoice and I saw she read it but no invoice still.

It's kind of scaring me away from purchasing from them at all, I've never had such a weird purchase on LM before. I know it's her first time selling an item on there and I'd feel bad for giving less than favorable feedback but I have to be honest about the communication issues.

What would you do /cgl/?
>>
>>9178638
Leave honest feedback. Maybe when she sees it she'll shape up.
>>
There is a lolita item I really want to buy from auction but I'm a little tentative because of how the item is listed.

There are no photos of the item. They mention the item has been worn five times and that it is cute and fluffy.

The text is
"5回ほど着用いたしました。
まだまだ着ていただけるのでお譲りいたします。
ふわっとひろがり、とても可愛いです。"

Does it seem sketchy to make this purchase without photos or a promise of the items condition?

I think they're auctioning a skirt as the listing is phrased: "Brand Name Print Name sk"

If they are auctioning that I think they are, it's a pretty sought after print and I really want to get my hands on it. I'm just unsure if I should proceed or if Paypal will protect me if what the shopping service delivers isn't right.
>>
>>9178686
Ask your shopling service to ask for a picture and check their feedback
>>
>>9178686
Go through an ss and have them contact the seller.
>>
Can anybody else get through to AP USA? Been trying to get space medals for over 30 minutes now.
>>
>>9178638
Just chill and give her the day. She communicated with you. She might have sent the message from mobile but didn't want to do more sensitive account handling on a public network, or any other number of reasons. Wait until after the time she said before you start freaking out. You haven't even forked over money yet and you're already so jumpy. People have lives that often come before selling. If she doesn't follow through in the time frame she gave you then contact her again.
>>
>>9177199
>Is it worth it?
yes

some of it can be delicate, though

not sure what is or isn't available to buy, have you tried pasting the URL directly into google translate?
>>
>>9178686

Slightly bothered that you're going to attempt to pull a refund from the shopping service's pockets if you don't like what you see when you open the box. By the time the skirt is done crossing the ocean to reach you, the shopping service will have settled things with the seller, using whatever Japanese banking system and not paypal, so the refund certainly isn't coming out of the seller's pockets.

Anyway, paypal is unlikely to side with you -- no respectable shopping service ships without tracking (no sensible buyer does that either, for that matter), which will prove they sent you the item, and they will have the messages from you showing you're the one who told them to buy the skirt.

So pretty much, have your shopping service contact the seller for photos and more info, but proceed at your own risk, paypal won't cover you in this case.
>>
>>9177833
Miho Matsuda is pretty good quality. I have one of their skirts - no complaints. They've been around for a longass time and were in GLBs back in the day - I wouldn't compare them to a Taobao shop.
>>
>>9178714
It's a bad reflection on her especially as a first time seller. I understand people have lives outside of selling but over the dozens of purchases I've made on LM not one was this off. Not once have I had to wait 16 hours for contact for a purchase made in the middle of the day, only for that contact to be "I'll send it later." She made no note of any reason for not being able to send it either, just told me to wait.

The time of her sending the message indicates she was probably at home as well.
>>
>>9174315
Casual lolita is just a cheap trick to make weak coords better
>>
>>9178749
Anon, just chill. Leave honest feedback, but it seems like a normal amount of time. Sending an invoice on a phone is a pain, but sending a message is not.
>>
>>9178638
Its only been a day anon. Honestly, you sound like the worst type of buyer
>>
>>9178830
I'm more worried about the way she's communicating than the lack of it.

>worst kind of buyer
>just expects basic things from a seller like good communication

Alrighty.
>>
>>9178833
>seller said she'll send out an invoice the next day
>Anon starts getting bitchy when it doesn't happen when she wants it.

Anon is acting way too paranoid desu. Most sellers ship out within 3 days, in fact I wager that it's more unusual to ship out the 1st day.

As a seller I can tell you, that dealing with paranoid buyers are the worst. They're the type to think that you're scaming them when you don't jump when they say to.
>>
>>9178638
Chill out and realise people have lives and can live in different time zones. I work 10-15 hour shifts on irregular days, so even if it seems like a reasonable time for me to reply often it's not or I've snatched 5 minutes to check my phone (I don't have protected breaks) so can't continue to reply to someone. I often fall into bed exhausted after the long shifts so it can very easily take me more than 24hrs to reply even if I know there's a message there.
>>
>>9176708
I hand washed holy lantern in wine with a little detergent just the other day and it came out good as new!
>>
>>9178843
>>9178848
Did you even read my posts? I said my issue is with how strangely she seems to be communicating.

I noted that I've never had such strange communication in a purchase on LM before, and being told "wait", with no reason or politeness behind it is odd.
>>
>>9178854
I'm sure every person who has responded to you has read what you said. If you need yet another person to chime in, yes you are being unreasonable. Maybe she works nights? Odd hours? I work 10-12hour shifts and won't send PayPal invoices over the hospital wifi. I send messages like this all the time "Thank you for your purchase! I'll send the invoice in a few hours when I get home" etc.
>>
>>9178638
It's normal for it to take a few days, you were lucky other sales went so quickly.

>>9178686
It's easy to get a refund through PayPal but your SS won't want to do business with you again. You should check their feedback and make sure you're getting what you want before buying.
>>
>>9178877
I noted her odd phrasing and lack of communicating. She told me "I'll send the invoice tomorrow, wait." At this point I hadn't sent any message to her, this was her first communication with me. Do you not see how this is strange? I have said again and again her way of communicating is odd and yet I get called a bitch and paranoid when a first time seller is rude.

Maybe she doesn't know English very well but that comes off as rude. No explanation and being told "wait" isn't exactly good manners.

>>9178879
Once again people aren't reading what I posted. My issue is with her method of communication and phrasing.
>>
>>9178884
No, I do not see how it's strange. Have you considered she may not be fluent in English, and she sent this message first because she knew she wouldn't have time to send a message and invoice later?
>>
>>9178886
>Maybe she doesn't know English very well
So you aren't reading my posts at all?
>>
>>9178888
No I just read the first part. I just read your comments again, so you considered she may not speak English well but you're scared to purchase from her because her English sounds rude to you. Okay.
>>
>>9178896
Another anon chiming in to say you're being paranoid. You haven't even paid this person money yet. Not everyone speaks English as a first language, not everyone can instantly respond to emails or messages.
>>
>>9178896
My god anon. I'm not even the anon you're replying to, but calm down. You haven't even paid yet. If she's ESL, don't assume she's being rude. If she's not, why does it matter at this point? Wait it out and finish the sale. Then leave feedback about how it went. But for the love of God, be patient. Poor communication is not responding for weeks, not a single business day.
>>
>>9178903
Less than a day actually, there's still 6 hours left in the day provided theyre in the same region
>>
This is exactly why I will not buy or sell from/in western markets.
>>
>>9178908
>"I'll send the invoice tomorrow, wait."
>flat out rude
Are you ESL? This isn't rude.
>>
>>9178916
Call the police now
>>
I sent someone an invoice a week ago, and they haven't paid or given any explanation, even though the messages I sent them reminding them of the invoice were marked as read. How long should I wait before leaving feedback?
>>
>>9178931
A week is more than enough time. I would follow up and ask for a response within a day or two, and leave negative feedback if there's still no reply.
>>
>>9178931
Now would be fine. If she messages you later to explain her mom was dying or something and you believe her you can ask the mods to remove negative feedback
>>
>>9178931
Do you have anything in your terms on Lacemarket? If not, it's a good idea to do so for the future. A week is long enough in my opinion. Give them a warning that you'll leave negative feedback and a business day to respond.
>>
>>9178908
It's not okay for someone to be rude with bad communication, but this person has done neither of those things. If you left me bad feedback for that I would return it and contact the mods with screenshots of exactly what was said and when. Holy shit.
>>
>>9178749
You literally said it was still within the day she said she would message you. You don't know her schedule and she gave you a reasonable timeframe to wait to hear from her. You're being unreasonable and if I were her and I read this I would cancel the sale altogether before having to deal with your drama when it didn't ship the second you wished.
>>
>>9178933
Jesus Christ. The salt from people disagreeing with you is immense. Can I have your LM name so I never accidentally sell to or buy from you?
>>
>>9178854
People have given you tons of explanations for what you consider "strange communication." Maybe you're the one lacking experience and an appropriate frame of reference.
>>
>>9178884
This is literally your first reference to the exact phrasing. Sure, it's abrupt, but I don't see it as particularly rude. It is direct and informative and tells you everything you need to know. Apparently you needed the instruction to wait because you're here freaking out after a day when she's not even late yet. People are saying you're unreasonable because you are.
>>
>>9178931
I would send a final notice with a clear response time frame to them then leave feedback when it expires. Like other anon said, it might help to add a time frame to your terms for future sales.
>>
>>9178969
But anon, her communication doesn't seem off based on what you've given us. If you're gonna to get up in arms over us not knowing everything verbatim then you have to give us quotes. Please just calm down and take it up with the seller if you're so concerned. You're clearly not going to get the validation you want here. People are just telling you to calm down and think rationally before you jump to worst case scenarios. What do you even gain right now by leaving a bad feedback so soon? The stakes are low.
>>
>>9178987
Anon, you are seriously out of line. A single post used the adjective bitchy and several other people simply tried to understand you and give you advice. Now you want to take revenge on this seller because anon misunderstood you? Why on earth would you even assume she's here? I have not called you a single name and no one has overreacted here except you. You took your wisdom to cgl, a famously bitchy place on the internet, and then freaked out over well-intentioned responses that were frankly very polite by the standards of this board. I'm sorry that neither we nor the seller wrapped everything in please and thank you, but you have come across very poorly throughout this exchange.
>>
This is what happens when we don't have any drama or new releases to talk about in the general
>>
File: muh shroom.jpg (64KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
muh shroom.jpg
64KB, 426x640px
why does no one talk about closetchild more? they have some rly nice burando for pretty good prices (better than you'd get buying second hand in a DS). i'm relativiely new, so is there something i'm missing?

pic related, 9,900 yen in excellent condition. probably a niche print for most but i love it
>>
>>9179028
Nobody talks about it because there's nothing to talk about unless you are new.
>>
>>9179021
Seriously, I give up. So, let's talk releases. Anyone know when coat releases are going to start? I saw a pre-order for VM so far.
>>
>>9179031
We have an entire thread to talk about release. Go there if you want to talk about them.
>>
>>9179028
CC is just something everyone knows about. I get up every Thursday and Sunday morning at 3:58am to check the updates. I've got a lot of my wardrobe from them.
>>
>>9179028
>>9179028
CC is common knowledge, so there isn't much of a point to bring them up except for linking people in DD threads or if someone's having abnormal buying experiences with them. I love them because I've benefited twice from small pricing fuckups on their side.
>>
>>9178929
kek underrated post
>>
WHY do you keep responding? There is no reasoning with someone like this!
>>
>>9179153
No I'm not kidding. Unless a seller is clearly being mean, calling you names or whatever, you can't know if that person is being rude or if that's just how limited their English is. If someone is bad at communicating in a sweet way, but still communicates everything you need to know as a buyer, that does not warrant negative feedback.
>>
Sooo....

On a somewhat related note, what's the etiquette around chasing down feedback on places like LM? I've noticed that more often than not, sellers don't leave feedback for me.
>>
>>9179234
You need to be 18 to use this website
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 207x155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 207x155px
>>9179234
>>
What are some lazy Halloween outfit ideas for a meet with my comm? Every year basically all of the people who go dress as witches but I don't own a black dress, and don't really want to invest in one.
>>
>>9178783
kek
>>
>>9179281
Minnie Mouse, HP coord, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, Ariel, Alice, etc.
>>
>>9179220
This is way too similar to the buttons/backward lace situation
>I'm calling it. It's Jenny Draco.
>>
>>9179281
Depends on the themes in your wardrobe. Fairy princess? Some kind of animal? Disney themed costume? Masquerade? If you're more classic maybe something like Mary Poppins or some other period character.
>>
>>9179197
I always message the seller once the item is received, thanking them, and let them know that I've left them positive feedback. I get more feedback from sellers than when I didn't do this in the past.
>>
>>9179252
I reported negative feedback once. I had a bad seller, I contacted a mod halfway through explaining tbe situation, waited to finish out the sale, left the seller honest feedback, she shit talked and I had both her feedback and mine adjusted.
>>
Anyone getting slow responses from clobba? I put in an order a week and a half ago, there was a minor issue with it so it was delayed, but I haven't heard from him since Monday.
>>
>>9179308
Thanks for responding anon! I almost missed your post.

I actually do follow up with sellers in the way you described. Oh well, I suppose missing some feedback as a buyer isn't much of a big deal.
>>
File: holycow.jpg (114KB, 1360x1836px) Image search: [Google]
holycow.jpg
114KB, 1360x1836px
So Hot Topic has Holy Cross knock off tights.
>http://www.hottopic.com/product/blackheart-lolita-star-gazing-tights/10606844.html
>>
>>9178852
I read this as you washing your dress by dipping it in some Merlot.
>>
>>9179671
Lifestyle as fuck.
>>
>>9179038
>I love them because I've benefited twice from small pricing fuckups on their side.
how so?
>>
File: 02bksv2.jpg (100KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
02bksv2.jpg
100KB, 280x373px
>>9179669
That's pretty shameless desu.
>>
>>9179790
It's like they know enough about what Lolita is to make knockoffs, but not enough to make dresses that aren't ita
>>
>>9179669
>>9179790
I e-mailed them. I highly doubt they'll do anything or even get back to me but it was worth letting them know.
>>
>>9179669
Someone email AP about this

>Please let my birthday gift be a Hot Topic Vs AP bloodbath
>>
>>9179792
Dresses that aren't ita require quality materials and aren't edgy or sexxxy, so they would be more expensive to produce and wouldn't appeal to their normal clientele. I don't really blame them for not moving out of their comfort zone to try and pander to a market that is already saturated by more experienced designers.

That said, I can definitely see >>9179669 becoming the next ita staple.
>OMG ohayo lacy lovlies look at the totemo loliable tights I found at my favorite store Hot Topic!!"
>>
>>9174455
Antaina has all the boots though...
>>
How do you order from alice auaa? I can't tell what's in stock, or is it MTO?
>>
>>9179793
It's versus a Japanese company. Nothing will happen.
>>
File: image.png (255KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
255KB, 640x1136px
>>9179973
Click on the red text to add to shopping cart.
They don't ship overseas afaik
>>
Can anyone recommend where to get a solid sax op from?
>>
>>9180143
the internet
>>
Does anyone know a book, English or Japanese, with the history of lolita?
>>
File: 1425676358240.gif (850KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
1425676358240.gif
850KB, 400x426px
Hey anons, I really need help

I'm trying to build a lolita wardrobe, but it's not going as good as I want it too, because I cannot for the life of me settle for a substyle I want to stick to

I have one sweet dress, one gothic and one classic, and decent coords, because I thought "well, I'll try all three and see which one I like the most", and in the end, I still love all of them and still can't decide which one I wanna go with

I know it is possible to have a closet that works with two or even three substyles, but building a closet like that is gonna take a lot more time and money, so I'd rather focus on one

Like, I'm honestly at loss for what to do. One day I'll be like "well, black and gothic stuff is my shit, I'll go with that", and the next day I will have changed my mind and think something like "I love sweet and the cute cuts and motfits, I should go with sweet instead" etc etc

I'm not sure what to do. Should I just give up on lolita? Should I roll a dice and go with whatever I get? I'm so fucking lost please help me gulls
>>
>>9180137
Literally walk into a drug store and just color match with all their nailpolish anon
>>
>>9180137
I'd be really surprised if someone has the answer for this. Do you live in the middle of nowhere? Why not stop by a beauty store or drugstore and compare shades with your bag?
>>
>>9180185
>spoonfeed me
>>
>>9180195
You need to get off the internet, it is clearly too much for you to handle.
Speaking of which, try googling nail polishes ffs /cgl/ is not an endless catalog nor a google shortcut.
>>
secrets
>>
>>9180175
Why not just concentrate on a colour scheme or two Anon? I had a similar problem when I started and decided to just get what I liked which resulted in a very messy and hard to coord wardrobe. Then I looked through my wardrobe and saw that I usually wear certain colours, so I decided to sell things that weren't in those colours and it helped bring my wardrobe together a lot! Now I don't need to worry as much about substyles because the colours matching bring it together a lot (for example a brown coord can be either classic or sweet depending how it's coorded but there are items that can fit both because the colour matches.) It does mean sacrificing some things but you can always get more colours into your wardrobe later on. I'd suggest starting with about 2 main colours (red,blue,pink,brown,lavander...) and one base colour (white,ivory,black) for blouses and smaller items. Also decide on a silver or gold as your jewellery colour depending on what works best with your skintone.
>>
>>9180162
lolita fashion book
>>
>>9180175
Unless you plan to literally wear lolita every day, I don't think you need to narrow down to just one substyle to build a cohesive wardrobe.

I second >>9180201's suggestion.
What's inspired the coords you've made so far? Do you keep an inspo folder? Are there certain colors you gravitate to? Themes?
>>
>>9180199
>this triggered someone asked about nailpolish
>>
i hate that fatty-chans who wear lolita are more confident about wearing it than i am. i'm pretty busty, so there's a lot i can't wear if i want to look good, and i wish i had the confidence to look more like a wreck instead of getting pieces tailored to fit.

it's a petty, insecure, and weird thing to feel bad about, but i can't help it sometimes.
>>
>>9180201
That's really great advice, but the problem is that I like a lot of colors too, so there's kinda the same problem...
>>9180235
Well, that's true, but having a cohesive closet would still make putting together coords easier, and you can mix and match a bit more
I do have a huge inspo folder, and a folder with dresses I want to get eventually, but it's all over the place really... The dresses I own are two from souffleysong and a secondhand AP that was a bit damaged (didn't wanna spend to much in case I didn't like how they looked on me or something)

If it's not too much to ask, do you guys think I could put together a small collage of dresses I like and colors, and maybe get some advice on what colors scheme I could go with?

I know I sound really annoying and dumb, decision making is super hard for me and it's really annoying..
>>
>>9180175
oh god, same. I've just decided to fuck it and buy dresses I like, whatever substyle. Wish I could help but when your tastes change as often as mine do, it's probably best to just fuck the rules.
>>
>>9180260
Really? I'm kinda relieved someone is in the same boat as me (although I of course feel for you)
I have this problem with everything, with regular fashion, with food, with hair.. I'm not sure why, but it really sucks.
.. I wonder if there is some sort of therapy for these kind of things lol
>>
>>9180175
Go with an old school style, that'll make it easier on your shoe choice at least
>>
>>9180275
Another anon entirely here. I love gothic, 'dark sweet', classic, and foresty themed sweet. I keep buying main pieces when I'm still lacking other staples because I have so much to coord and so many different wants.
>>
>>9180185
??????
But buying from a drugstore would be cheaper than buying from the Internet
>>
>>9180175
>>9180275
I really dont see what the problem is?

I own a little bit of everything myself, I just do what >>9180260 does and buy what I like. The only thing I do to try to help myself is buy blouses that can coord easily between styles. I have one blouse that I like that I bought in black and in white just because it matches well. I also have some more "plain" shoes in black and white that can go with several dresses at least in the "old school/classic/sometimes gothic" feel.

there is no rule that says you can only like one style of lolita, that would be ridiculous.

As for your hair, thats one good thing with lolita since you can just buy a wig!
>>
>>9180259
Colour-scheme Anon here. It might seem hard to choose at first, but it helps to lok through your daily wardrobe and see which colours you are most comfortable in (for example if you wear red tops with dark jeans go for red as a main colour with black as a base colour, those can easily work for gothic and classic. Sweet can also work with those colours if you happen to like berry prints.) and remember that you can always add more colours after you've established your wardrobe and have the budget for it.
The collage idea could be good for the coord help thread and I also recall some blogger (Rori or Roli something) who helps people with their wardrobe in that way so she may be worth contacting.
>>
>>9180175
Make your blouse/ shoe/ bag all interchangable with your main peices. Have in mind motifs that translate well across the board. Choose differently styled peices that share colors or themes.
Try to avoid items that would 'only go with the one skirt you own' and go fir the lowest common denominator.
You won't wow anybody, but as you build and grow more confident, you might find yourself goung in an unexpected direction, so 'basic' counterpart peices will help you exponentially.
>>
>>9180259
>>9180288
omg please do this in the coord help thread. cohesive wardrobe building is my kink
>>
>>9180195
All the drug stores near me carry tons of pink shades all year round. The only thing that changes seasonally are the mini displays near the front or at the end of aisles.
>>
>>9180303
Right but they carry an exact match for the pink on the AP bag?
>>
>>9180307
Won't know til you suck it up and take your bag to the store, buddy.
>>
>>9180359
But I said they didn't have a match already.
>>
>>9180361
Where do you live where there's not tons of shades of pink available??
>>
>>9180362
I didn't say there aren't any available, I said there wasn't a match for that exact shade with it being fall. Jfc you're an idiot.
>>
>>9180368
I don't understand why you need an exact match. Can't you just be happy with a pink that's almost the same shade? As long as it looks similar and fits in with the colour scheme it's not going to stand out. Nails don't usually do anyway unless you're doing a hand shot, so don't sweat it.
>>
>>9180376
>I don't understand why you need an exact match.
Way to out yourself as either a newfag or ita.
>>
In case nail polish anon genuinely doesn't know (slim chance let's be honest here) , pretty much every company that produces nail polish lists all their shades online. A quick search brought up Essie's and Sally Hanson's color charts.
>>
>>9180381
>pictures online are true to real life

I laughed
>>
>>9180381
Are you even in Lolita? If you are you should know the struggle of colors not matching the pictures online.
>>
>>9180383
God you must be really stupid to need this much spoonfeeding. After getting the names of the colors, go look up this thing called swatches in different light.

Also, time of year doesn't really matter with nail polish. Sure they'll bring out a fall collection, but usually they always have their permanent colors available. Pinks are always available too because of french manicures. Learn to beauty before acting like a bitch.
>>
>>9180391
Seriously, why are you so upset about me asking an infrequently asked question?
>>
>>9180391
#triggered
>>
>>9180398
You know why HWC.
>>
>>9180398
>>9180401

I'm not the original anon(s) who answered, but it's annoying to see someone act bitchy when others tried to help. Even if they didn't give you the answer you wanted, at least they tried. If calling out that kind of attitude makes me #triggered, then oh well? At least I'm not demanding to be spoonfed.
>>
>>9180279
>>9180283
>>9180286
>>9180288
>>9180296
>>9180299
Thanks everyone who replied! This is why I love cgl, everoyone is always very helpful. Makes it feel more worth it to help others.
I'm gonna move over to the coord help thread and ask for advice there
Thanks again!
>>
>>9180391
>Pinks are always available too because of french manicures.
>ap pink is a shitty sheer baby pink
>>
>>9180152
Oh shit, I didn't think about that. You're such a genius.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9180377
Alright, let's stop giving this moron our attention
>>
>>9180296
Could not agree more, good stuff anon.
>>
>>9180412
Honestly, I prefer this because then if you act shitty, you get called a HWC and then no one likes you and if someone is shitposting that's how they should be treated.
>>
Anons, i know ive seen it posted about often. At least provide me with the search words for rebecca black if anything.
Im looking for those lolita clothing racks with the cute covers or those that are like china cabinets so you can see inside.
Ive searched Ikea websites for clothing racks, wardrobes and closets. The wardrobes seem like theyre glass but end up being frosted or mirrors. Do i just invest in a china cabinet and then add bars? Ive found the clothing racks but no covers that are cute But id be willing to settle with a clear cover.

(If it helps im looking with in Germany/EU. Im willing to buy covers from over seas if theyre cute but obviously not big or heavy things like furniture )
>>
>>9179909
This is another thing that I fucking hate about this knockoff. I love using my holy lantern tights in coords. Normies are now going to think I fucking shop at hot topic. Please kill me when that happens.
>>
>>9176254
I just started college and I've been wearing otome and casual lolita to all my classes. I've gotten quite a few compliments (on the first day, my Japanese professor said my outfit was kawaii, lmao) but have been ignored other than that.
>>
File: chiyochans dad.jpg (36KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
chiyochans dad.jpg
36KB, 223x349px
>>9180252
Thanks for sharing?
>>
is anyone else having trouble loading images on LM recently? only about 1/3rd of them have loaded for me in the past few days. it's extremely frustrating
>>
>>9180814
I can't open full size images at all and haven't been able to for a while now.
>>
>>9180252
Eyyy gurl i know that feel. I'm always stressing about the boobloaf. Have you considered boleros? They can hide a multitude of sins on a dress that otherwise fits. I suggest meta for cardis/boleros, I've had the best experience with them.
>>
>>9180823
Not that anon but I've been eyeing them for awhile. I'm nervous because I'm a 98cm though
>>
I want to get a dress form for displaying coords. Can anyone rec one? All the cheap ones I see have bad reviews that say the stands break.
>>
>>9180836
Make your own. It's simple as long as you have another person helping.
>>
>>9180839
I'm looking into this now and all the DIY ones look very DIY. I'd rather just buy a cute one.
>>
>>9180836
Don't get a dress form designed for sewing, get a torso store mannequin designed for display. IMO the best ones are from stores that are closing down or from clearance places that do store furnishings. Craigslist can be your friend
>>
>>9180847
Just sent an inquiry to a seller about a store display mannequin for $15 on craigslist, bless you anon.
>>
Seagulls, I have a confession to make

>I bought a cardigan from them to wear with my brand

It's really cute too
>>
>>9180881
Nobody cares.
>>
>>9180881
dropped image?
>>
>>9180886
http://www.hottopic.com/product/black-ivory-lace-girls-cardigan-plus-size/10526919.html?cgid=plus-sizes-tops#start=117

I'm going to need to take it in a lot but whatever. Baby's and AP's cardigans don't fit my football player shoulders
>>
>>9180890
If it works it works. Who cares?
You newbies need to let the idea of brandwhore boogeymen go. No one give a shit and the people who claim they do are just trolls.
>>
File: image.png (362KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
362KB, 523x592px
>>9180890
>plus size
>>
>>9180823
op here: thanks! i actually wondered if meta cardis/boleros would be a good fit, so this actually gives me the confidence to try them! :)
>>
>>9180900
> :)

Lurk more you fucking newfag
>>
>>9180902
>being this assblasted
chill, maybe.
>>
>>9180905
Lurk more.
>>
>>9180833
Youre fine. At 102 cm on a good day the buttons dont gape on me, you should be fine.
>>
File: hehe.gif (233KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
233KB, 500x300px
>>9180893
Tru, thanks senpai

>>9180895
>pls no bully
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 800x1130px
>>9180915
So be honest, how fat are you?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 236x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 236x327px
>>9180917
whoops that's not the Gary image I meant to use
>>
>>9180917
A size smaller than Voldie but my shoulders are wider

I really should just make my blouses from now on, you know? Like why live
>>
>>9180881
>>9180890
The lace is terrible, the overall design borders on normalfag, and the cut won't look good in lolita without significant alterations. You might as well get a plain cardigan from a nicer store and sew some lace and ribbons onto it, this shit is depressing to look at.
>>
File: 04211209_5718446070ed6.jpg (80KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
04211209_5718446070ed6.jpg
80KB, 700x700px
>>9180925
It kind of looks like a less retarded version of this
>>
File: normalfag.jpg (80KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
normalfag.jpg
80KB, 480x640px
>>9180925
Not OP, but please dont pretend that most lolita cardigans arent borderline normalfag already. That's why fatty-chans like op like them so much, they're easier to find in a store kek
>>
>>9180843
I got one at winners. Was kinda expensive for what i got though
>>
File: RaphaelBlouse-pink.jpg (93KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
RaphaelBlouse-pink.jpg
93KB, 480x640px
Hi gulls. I own the pictured blouse (Raphael by BTSSB), but the elastic around the bust causes a huge gap (you can see the effect already on the mannequin between the 2nd and 3rd button). My bust is 83cm, which is well within the sizing limits for this blouse (74-100cm), and the previous owner added a snap button closure where the gap is to try and help, but it does nothing substantive and just creates a weirdly warped double gap. Should I remove the elastic?
>>
>>9180946
holy mana, what kind of design failure did they undergo to figure they could put elastic all the way around like that and not make it a button point?

I would suggest a couple of those tiny ball socket clasps on the right and left ends of the button panel. Just enough reinforcement to hold the panel up in that space without affecting the structure too much. Seems like removing the elastic would just make it look damaged and gross.
>>
File: prd3156.jpg (83KB, 488x552px) Image search: [Google]
prd3156.jpg
83KB, 488x552px
>>9180950
Yeah, I was worried removing the elastic would just turn it into a tent with two stitch lines going across it. That sounds like a really good idea! By ball socket clasp, do you mean pic related?
>>
>>9180946
This is drastic but if it were me and I didn't intend to sell the blouse I'd sew the placket shut and only leave the top two buttonholes functional. I'm pretty small though and could probably pull it on over my head anyway.
>>
>>9180956
I was considering that option too. I just pull it on over my head anyway.
>>
>>9180956
>>9180957
this is one of my favorite blouses and that's exactly what i did to all 4 of them. way easier to deal with after i did that.
>>
>>9180964
Thank you so much for your input! I'll take it to a tailor/seamstress on Monday :)
>>
Does anyone know where to find nice stationary? I saw some cute notebooks from higuchi yuko on amazon jp but I also need a planner and I want it all to match
>>
>>9181154
>expensive nice stationary
kikki k
>cheap kawaii shit
ebay, ali express
>>
>>9181163
Thanks. getting from ebay or ali express would be expensive for me because of shipping and taxes so I prefer to buy something nice from Japan. But for some reason none of my favourite illustrators have planners
>>
Gulls please advise. Which brands/dress cuts would you recommend to someone who's really short (5') with a small frame but a relatively large bust? (66cm waist, 88cm bust last time I checked, might be a few cms less now)
A bit of background, I wanted to get into lolita a while ago & I bought two Meta dresses (one of which I'd say was quite a classic jsk, the other had a more babydoll cut). Despite the measurements matching mine the first one absolutely swamped me, the second looked a bit better but was too long as well. I'd like to try again now and I've been looking for a relatively plain black jsk/op but this time it'd be nice to find something that actually flatters my body. I'm just wondering what would be a good starting point in terms of the fit I'm looking for.
>>
>>9181440
I'd recommend to stay away from newer AP and Meta, cause they are pandering to bigger girls lately. Moitie seems very small, as well as Mary Magdalene.
>>
>>9181440
Does it have to be a dress? When it's difficult to find a dress that fits well it might be easier to wear skirts. Often cheaper too.
>>
>>9181440
Meta is often too long, especially in the bodice part (talking from experience). otherwise you can pretty much go for any other brand, 88cm bust isn't too big in lolita terms (most dresses go up to at least 90cm, even some older dresses). you coud look for back shirring combined with waistties. I would not recomment classical brands (MMM, MM, VM, IW) as their cuts for the bust don't often cater to more than a B cup (unless you are a B cup or less ofcourse). also try to stay away from low waist cuts obviously.
>>
Thank you so much for your suggestions so far gulls

>>9181443
I was thinking about MM actually, but it seems like most of their dresses are over 90cm long - correct me if I'm wrong.

>>9181444
I tried out a Meta skirt actually and it was too long as well! I'm just thinking a dress might be easier to start with and more versatile. Do you have any recommendations for skirts in terms of fit?

>>9181455
I'm a D cup so I'm guessing that doesn't exactly leave me with a dazzling array of choice.
>>
I have been daydreaming about creating a day once a month in which a bunch of experienced or casual loving lolitas bombard CoF with good casual coords, to balance out this OTT only culture.

what are some thoughts on a happening like this?
>>
>>9181515
like a first Friday of every month, Casual Friday.
>>
>>9181440
You are not especially short compared to the average Japanese girl. How short do you want the dress to be? Do you not want it to cover your knees at all? In recent years lolita dresses are longer because that's the trend so maybe you should look for really old stuff.

>>9181455
>I would not recomment classical brands (MMM, MM, VM, IW) as their cuts for the bust don't often cater to more than a B cup
Actually MMM has a lot of fully shirred dresses. And it's a gothic brand.
>>
>>9181462
I honestly would like to know what brands/dress cuts look best on those with larger cup size. My bust measurement is about the same as yours but I'm a D/DD depending on the brand. I fit into most things fine, it just ends up looking quite unflattering a lot of the time.
>>
>>9181462
You have similar measurements to me anon, except I'm taller. I think your main issue will be length as I've had no issues with bust/waist on any brand. Usually they are just too big, but corset lacing and waist ties help.
>>
>>9181520
Yes but she's not fitting into anything unshirred or older MMM. It's meant for tiny busted people with measurements around the 80cm mark.
>>
>>9181520
I don't think I would want it to go past my knees, it's not a very flattering length on me to be honest. With older stuff, are there any sizing issues/changes in cut I should be wary of? I really like old school actually, so I don't mind that aha

>>9181534
>>9181533
That's good to know anons, thanks
>>
>>9180200
Ah, the day has come, my comm was posted.
Though it was pointed at a specific person.
Fairly surprised, since the comm seems fairly private.
>>
>>9181597
it was inevitable, only because the specific person seems to be openly involved in something that is universally hated by lolitas.

the comm should encourage her to put that stuff on a very separate soc med platform from her lolita accounts.
>>
>>9180627
There is one IKEA closet with clear windows, it's called Undredal but only comes in black.
>>
New thread >>9181975
>>
>>9181533
I'm a 28F and tall. JetJ has fit me best so far, but in general I look for cuts with adjustable straps and longer torsos. Most brand hits too high up at the bust and waist otherwise.
>>
>>9181440
Older Crown Label often have shorter skirts! I bought one on purpose to be a little edgy for a gothic event, it was about 4" above the knee and im 5'3".
>>
>>9181535
Moitie doesn't really use shirring, they have the elasticated under bust on their forgiving OPs. That cut has been around for ages. And some few dresses are made for about 80 cm but definitely not most.
>>
>>9181154
Btssb sf sells cute stationary
>>
>>9177186
Thank you!
>>
File: 1468866532376.jpg (220KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468866532376.jpg
220KB, 640x960px
>>9174315
Lolitafashion.org is down now too. That used to be my absolute favorite site to link people to when you need to explain lolita. Even though when I found it in 2013 it was already pretty outdated it still seemed to really help people understand it as an actual fashion. That's what I was into anyway so it made it even better for explaining to family members.

>>9181535
>>9181455
This is super late but all the Mary Magadelne clothing I've seen irl has a very generous bust to waist ratio. In fact if you don't have at least a c-cup (I mean ratio wise not necessarily a 30-c or etc.) it will be baggy. I've tried to hunt down the oldest clothing from that brand and it still requires a much larger bust than I'll ever have.

Moitie will also work even for beyond morbidly obese people. A lot of their items have measurements that are completely wrong. Mana just seems to give out a generic set of measurements for almost everything when especially now a lot of them fit far better on someone with a much bigger bust.

You won't fit everything of course but if you're a c-cup through dd-cup without a huge bandsize you'll fit into literally almost everything that isn't innocent world S-size. Always check measurements from people who own it before writing something off. Fatties will talk about how not even modern full shirring AP will fit because they're "busty" along with everything else and lots of girls hear it then repeat it without ever really checking. This is especially true on cgl where a lot of the people don't actually wear it or see other people in it irl.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.