[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 24

File: pinterest-version-2.jpg (530KB, 3063x4592px) Image search: [Google]
pinterest-version-2.jpg
530KB, 3063x4592px
>>9137400
Basic Western Routine:
>Cleanser
>Toner
>Moisturizer

Starter Asian Routine:
>Oil Cleanser
>Foaming Cleanser
>Moisturizer
>Sunscreen

Some basic tips:
>Introduce Moisturizer first. As much as you want to introduce a cleanser to clean, a moisturizer helps control oil production
>introduce one product, two weeks at a time
>Unless starting BHA or AHA, you should not be getting new breakouts while introducing products
>YMMV always. Just because it worked for others, doesn't mean it will work for you.

See below for some product suggestions
>>
Basic skincare products are:

Cleanser: Cetaphil, CeraVe
Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cerave PM Cetaphil moisturizer, Eucarin

Asian Beauty Starter Pack:
Oil cleanser: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil, Banila Co Clean It Zero
Second Cleanser: Hada Labo Foaming, Cerave Foaming, Tosowoong Powder Enzyme, CosRx Good Morning Gel
Moisturizer: Cerave PM, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream, CosRx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream, CosRx 92 Snail AIO
Sunscreen: Biore Watery Essence, Shiseido Senka Anti-aging, Canmake Mermaid UV Gel, Biore Perfect Milk

As always, YMMV. Just because other people like it, doesn't mean that you would

With that said, what does your routine look like?
>>
For the past couple months I've been breaking out badly and normally it's not an issue to get rid of, but almost all of it has been scarring onto my face.
In the morning I do a honey mask since its suppose to help with fading, then the cleanser I use is clean & clean morning burst, followed by small dots of oxy pimple cream on scars, existing pimples and finally I put on moisturizer with sunscreen.
I've noticed the honey has been helping to fade a little but not much. I do the same routine above before bed also.
I didn't think id have acne issues at almost 23..
I've heard lemon juice also helps.
Any recommendations for products would be very helpful.
>>
Is microdermabrasion bullshit or not?
>>
File: dark spots.jpg (30KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
dark spots.jpg
30KB, 600x305px
quick question, boy here.

Im not really breaking out but, I've neglected my body for almost 2 decades. Finally started to get my life together and start bettering myself.

but im stuck with uncleaned skin. Not like no shower clean, I obviously shower and use body wash.

but I have some black dots on my nose, and old, deep stretch marks and bruised darkened skin from old wounds...

is there any ways to clean this stuff up?

pic somewhat related
>>
>>9175331

I've been looking into something called dermarolling/ derma rolling. It has the same effect somewhat but over a longer course of time.
>>
>>9175268
Don't use lemon juice, it's too strong and can cause skin irritation which may lead you to break out more. How long have you been using your current routine? Clean and clear is often too strong and irritating as well for acne prone skin.

I would look at introducing an AHA product or BHA, since you have active acne. Cosrx is a good brand. For the scars, a product with niacinamide or vitamin C may help. You should not add all of these to your routine at once though!

>>9175286
Depends what you want from it and who you go to. Afaik it can help with scars but the anti ageing effects are temporary.

>>9175331
Do you do anything at all for your skin? If not, the first step is to start moisturising.
Stretch marks are scar tissue, and there's nothing guaranteed to disappear them but moisturiser with vitamin A and/or E may help, also jojoba oil is often used to help loosen scar tissue.
Retinol or a retinoid cream may also help (for all of your skin concerns) but you need to wear sunscreen if you're using retinoids or you risk further skin damage as it increases sun sensitivity.
>>
>>9175268
Try a BHA on your active acne problem areas (or just all over, really) and pic related as a spot treatment for scars. Depending on how your skin reacts you can also use it all over, but I wouldn't start with putting it on broken skin. Like the other anon said, don't use lemon juice. It's way too acidic and can fuck your skin up worse when combined with sunlight.

If you like the effect of honey but don't like the goopiness of smearing it on your face, look into products with propolis. It's an antibacterial and soothing agent produced by bees to protect their babbus (or well, siblings) and the main reason honey is beneficial to your skin.
>>
>>9175268

Adult acne is very much a thing and usually very different from teenage acne. I had absolutely no acne at all until I turned 18. I've more or less got it under control now, but it was a long journey and I had to try a lot of things and learn a lot about my own skin and how to treat it.

In my opinion, Western style skin care is not especially gentle when it comes to acne. It's almost this idea that we need to beat our skin into submission, but that wasn't true in my case. The things that really helped me were learning how to treat my skin gently instead of irritating it, finding which products work with it (especially moisturizers), keeping it very well moisturized/hydrated, and not over-cleansing/exfoliating.

For some people, it's a hormonal issue too. Some people just need help from their dermatologist- everybody's different.

But don't use lemon juice on your face. Or baking soda. Pinterest style skin care is filth and lies.

>>9175331

The black dots are more than likely sebaceous filaments. They're a huge pain in the ass and don't really ever go away, but there are things you can do to temporarily reduce their appearance.

As for the dark spots, sunscreen all day every day, and melanin management. Look for stuff that's brightening- niacinamide, kojic acid, vitamin C, AHAs, arbutin, licorice root, etc. It takes time and diligence, though, so don't worry if you don't see instant, dramatic results.
>>
>>9175656
i dont really use anything for my skin, even at my fattest and greasiest, I never broke out in pimples or had zits, so I never really went farther than body wash.

dang, the marks look horrible on my arms where the 131 pounds of fat used to be. but I'll try those

retinol or retinoid cream? got it, i dont really outside much, so the sun screen wont be a problem but I'll do it anyways to be on the safe side
>>
I work in fast food and I've noticed a significant change in my skin since I started. Way more breakouts. I use Baviphat AC control sleep pack but what else can I use to help control the spots, redness and excess grease/oil?
>>
>>9175867
I'd suggest ph balanced wipes to use on your break, and a light aloe gel to remoisturize.
Have you also been eating worse / stressed out too?
>>
>>9175656
I've been using my clean and clear for months now even before the break outs, and moisturising but I didn't start the honey mask and oxy till about July.

Thank you very much I will look into some products you and the other anon mentioned.
>>
Couple of questions:

1) What does toner do and do I need it?
2) What does essential do and do I need it?

I'm ready to throw everything at skincare, as I'm mainly in the business of clearing up acne and blemishes, but I don't want to overdo it if more products will actually make me worse.
>>
>>9176055
>essential

I mean essence*
>>
>>9175894
Thank you. I've definitely been stressed out so that's probably been a big contribution.
>>
What's a good gift for a friend who has very dry skin, and feels bad about her crows' feet? I'd give her something with retinol in, but I know from experience how drying it is on my normal skin, so it'd be really bad for her.
>>
Why do all these party girls I know who drink all the time and eat whatever they want and go to sleep without any sort of night routine have such better skin than me... im vegan and working out every other day and still suffering. Probably because they're not stressing.

I've heard of people who quit washing their faces with anything but water and cutting out all products and it ended their breakouts. I'm scared, especially since I'm attending a con on October 1st, but I'm going to try it. What does/cgl/ think?

Skincare is so tiring. It can take years to find out what works for you. :/
>>
>>9176809
It's all about genetics. They probably have better genetics than you. No amount of dieting or lack of stress can beat that.
It sucks but it happens.
>>
File: download (14).jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
4KB, 225x224px
Holy grail for dark circles under your eyes. Does better than any other eye cream I've ever used, including $60 alterna eye cream. I have super stubborn dark circles from genetics AND chronic illnesd and this does the trick. It costs like $12 and Ulta carries it if you don't like waiting for shipping.
>>
I decided to stop taking my hormonal BC and I just got a recent breakout after weeks of slowly clearing up my bumps and pimples...

Any other girls with experience going off the pill and how it affects your skin? How long does it take your body to readjust?
>>
>>9176824
true
>>
>>9176809

Aye. It's 100% hormonal for me.
Coincidentally, the year I spent eating "clean", w/e, drinking litres of water a day and working out, and spending $20 on bottles of argan oil and shit, my skin was out of control. I've relaxed a lot since then, have no sort of structured facial cleansing routine like the hot argan/jojoba oil wash I used to spend 20 minutes doing each night.. And now I maybe get 1 pimple before my period. The challenge now is figuring out a way to reverse all the little dents the acne left on my skin >.>

Definitely work on reducing your stress levels. I still eat vegan, but much of it is junk vegan cause my ass is broke. :P Working out less seemed to help a lot. Sleep at least 8 hours and try not to stay up to late. Your body performs all the little repairs needed to unfuck itself from the torture of every day life while you sleep, so sleep is important.

Try different teas, too. I've found as a vagina'd person that roiboos is great for the hormones.
>>
Im starting to take biotin for hair growth and was wondering how long should i wait before results? Im losing hair because of severe stress so are there any other treatments or recommendations should i do?
>>
File: 727616171169-1.jpg (30KB, 566x566px) Image search: [Google]
727616171169-1.jpg
30KB, 566x566px
Does putting this shit on your face actually do anything?

Do you mix it with water or apple cider vinegar?

How often do you use it? How long do you leave it before washing? Do you cleanse before applying? After? Before and after?
>>
>>9176898
Seconding this. I bought it for the cute packaging desu and expected it to be gimmicky and crappy, just there to look nice, but its actually a great product
>>
>>9177613
I have combination skin, and get blackheads on my tzone and occasionally on my chin. I initially tried it all over my face but it was way too drying for me, so i now just use it on my t zone as for me it does a really good job getting rid of the blackheads and closing my pores.

I mix it with mostly the vinegar, then use water to get it to the consistency i want.

When i need it. Probably once a fortnight i guess, ive never really paid much attention. I just leave it until it is dried (itll take forever if you put it on really thick). I clean my face first, but usually have to use a flannel and warm water to get bits off that are left on. Then i wash my face with a gentle cleanser and moisturise.

Also, don't try to wash it down the drain when youve finished. I lent it to my housemate who picked it off then smushed it down the plug and blocked the drain a bit. It makes my face a bit red too so i definitely suggest using it in the evening/when you don't have anything to do after.
>>
>>9176898

Oh man this looks incredible and could really do wonders on my puffy eyes which are apparently caused by allergies.

Do you recommend anything else by TonyMoly? I'm about to buy now and wondered if there was anything else to scoop up at the same time.
>>
>>9177613
I used to use this every day or every other day (my skin is pretty resiliant); it took off dead skin and got rid of blackheads for me. I stopped using it as much though because I still have no idea how to get rid of it without having to take a shower right after (since rinsing it down the shower drain with hot water for 10+ minutes seems to help it not clog. I use it as a first step before cleansing, and wash afterwards to make sure all the small bits are off. I mix it with apple cider vinegar and wash it off when it's not liquidy and starting to get solid (but before it's completely dried, since it hurts to get it off when it's dried.)
>>
>>9177664
Some people like their BB cream for makeup. I personally like their catswink face powder, its actually light enough for my skin. Their peach hand cream and banana hand cream smell like freaking candy but I dont know if they actually do much.
>>
Possibly dumb question but.

Should I wear some sort of UV/SPF every single day even if I literally dont go outside? I make sure to wear sun screen for times I go outside, but I work from home and dont leave very often.
>>
>>9177934

I think some obsessive people will say you should but not necessarily. I'm a sunscreen whore and if I'm staying in then I don't use it.

Just be aware if you're sitting or sleeping anywhere where direct sunlight can get you. I've been known to apply sunscreen to one elbow that happens to be in the light, people think I'm crazy but at least my elbow won't be saggy in 20 years time.
>>
>>9177945

Thanks anon! Thats definitely something to keep in mind. Luckily right now my desk isnt anywhere near a window/sunbeam so I'm OK for now (at my desk 90% of the time whoop whoop). But I'm moving houses soon so it could be something I need to pay attention to in the future.
>>
Just got cosrx's blackhead power liquid and applied it to my nose and... what exactly is it supposed to do?
>>
>>9177664
No that anon, but the matching Panda's Dream sleeping pack has become my staple gel/cream day and night.

Oh god it's gooooood.
>>
>>9176923
The opposite here. I went on birth control (some yaz generic) a few weeks ago for endometriosis and stubborn acne caused by endometriosis. It started clearing up within a week
Now I can tell you this, there was a period of time before going on the pill where I cut dairy out of my diet and my skin really started clearing up within 2 weeks, if this is feasible you should try it.
>>
>>9177980
It's a chemical exfoliant. Helps your skin to slough off dead skin. BHA especially gets in to loosen the gunk in your pores or something like that.

Imo you shouldn't be slapping whatever the fuck on your face when it comes to chemical actives without doing at least some basic reading beforehand, but it's just a low concentration and cosrx is a good brand so whatever.
>>
>>9176898
Has anyone else had crappy experiences with the white one? I had really high expectations but it just looked like a clumpy glue stick under my eyes. I habe really dark circles but it sort of helped? I just could not deal with the texture
>>
>>9177664
OP here, I'm a total whore for Tonymoly. I also recommend their whole banana line. It smells like banana pudding and is really moisturizing. The fact that you can also buy that at ulta is also a plus, it's more expensive there but I hate waiting a month for shipping.

The appletox honey cream is great too and not greasy or heavy and smells like apple cider. Leave the 3 step strawberry nose pack alone if pore strips don't work well on you or if you're concerned with pores stretching like with other pore strips. It has an aftercare nose pack with it, but I wasn't thrilled. Same with the panda makeup stick, it's a good highlighter but the cream is super thick. It looks almost exactly the same as the so cool eye stick so be careful not to mix them up.

The lip balm is cute, but doesn't work as well as babylips, the bunny lipgloss sticks are nice though. I love the bunny face mists too for hot days because it doesn't fuck up your makeup.

I've had a great time ordering through Jolse if you're looking for a legit supplier. They send tons of samples, which is how I got to try a lot of stuff and ended up getting my favorites. Plus they do cash back on orders that builds up, I usually get ~10-20 cents back per item and have already built up over $12.
>>
>>9178029
>>9178029

I hated the white stick. Sorry for the double post, but yours popped up after I hit send.
>>
>>9178029
Yeah I have the white one too and its trash. Surprised to hear the other one is nice though! I might give it a try.

>>9178032
Is the Appletox honey cream the one in the red apple? I tried it and had mixed feelings about it, i didnt like it enough to repurchase. I think I might have sensitive skin and every time I used it I'd see some acne afterwards. For anyone in Vancouver BC or Seattle willing to make the trip up we have a TonyMoly outlet in a mall here. Its amazing.
>>
>>9177005
Thank you for the tips and support <3 this is encouraging to hear
>>
>>9176898
What's the name of the product? I have horrible dark circles and my make up doesn't really covers them much
>>
>>9178040
My skin is dry as the sahara so it didn't make me break out. I'll have to remember the outlet if I'm ever up there, it's a 10 hour drive otherwise.

>>9178084
It's the Panda's Dream so Cool Eye Stick.
>>
>>9178035
Are you guys referring to the 'brightener'?
>>
>>9178024
Kind of OT but this gets on my tits so much. The most popular beauty blogger in my country does this all the time and all these young teenage girls just lap her shit up. A little while ago she bought a brightening cream and said she never wears it out in the sun because she's afraid that it will react with sunlight and bleach and burn her skin, teehee! But one look at the ingredients list tells you it's just a nice moisturizer with arbutin and licorice root extract. The comment section was full of people going ooooh look, skin whitening creams so dangerous they'll burn your skin!! and goddamn I can't deal with people sometimes.
>>
File: DSC01034.jpg (383KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01034.jpg
383KB, 1000x664px
>>9178217
Yeah. Even with the before and after you can't really tell this person is wearing it.
>>
>>9178029
You could try the Skinfood Salmon Concealer.
>>
>>9178483
Seconding this, I really enjoy the salmon concealer. It might seem dark but I've never had issues with it. I'm super pale but after blending it out and putting powder on top, you can't even tell I'd used anything. It blends amazingly but it can cake if you use too much since it's kinda thick.
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for really dark freckles? I'm missha #13 pale, but have super dark freckles all over my face and body. I feel like I've tried everything at this point. I don't get much sun and always cover up but that doesn't do much for the freckles I already have. I'm so tired of it.
>>
>>9176923
Not a personal experience, but my sister had the exact same experience when she stopped using hormonal BC and if I remember right, it took her almost a year for her skin to calm down. Hormones are a bitch really
>>
Can anyone give me advice on using Jessner's Peel?
>>
>>9176478
What's your price point? More expensive would be like Blossom Jeju, Sulwhasoo Ginger Cream, Banila Co Miss Flower and Miss Honey Cream. If you want to go for less than that then Naruko Night Jelly or Benton Steam Cream would help
>>
>>9178674
Don't do it at home, you can fuck up your face badly. Try glycolic 20% or lactic at 40%. Stay away from Jessner and TSA at home.
>>
I'm so cross. I used a salycilic-glycolic exfoliator I bought on Etsy, but it's dissolved in pure isopropyl alcohol. Now my skin is an oil slick and I'm £7 lighter for a product I wouldn't have bought if I'd bothered to read the paragraph of the description explaining this.
>>
>>9179752
That sucks anon, but that's also your fault. If I'm going to slather something on my face, I'm reading through the full ingredients list twice beforehand.
>>
>>9179756
In my defence it was buried really deep in the seller's description and not written as an ingredients list ("I am an industrial formulation chemist by trade and have derived a pure grade of this combination peel which uses pharmaceutical grade salicylic acid, pharmaceutical grade glycolic acid and pharmaceutical grade isopropanol and distilled water as the only ingredients.") but fucking hell, I'm angry with myself. I'm not usually this much of an idiot. I think my eyes skipped over the 'isopropanol' part. It's so alcoholic that it stung my eyes when I put it on my chin.

I've already asked the seller if I can return the unopened bottle. Suppose it's time to baby my skin and cry on the internet for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>9178483
>>9178488
Have either of you had weird, not acne, bumps form during usage?
I've got a pot of this and if after the second use it happens again, I'll likely try to off it.
Just in case, anyone want to try it?
Pay shipping and its yours.
>>
>>9178235
To be fair, most of the acid active whiteners will make your skin more uv sensitive. She's still a tart, but w/e
>>
>>9179762
>It's so alcoholic that it stung my eyes when I put it on my chin.
Oh my god

At least you weren't dumb enough to think that's normal for an exfoliator and kept on using it, like when someone thinks a non-exfoliating product is simply 'purging' their skin.
>>
File: 2016-09-10 20.46.47.png (1MB, 1063x807px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-10 20.46.47.png
1MB, 1063x807px
Just got a bulk order in the mail! Thought I would share my excitement with you guys! Switched up my routine a little, so excited to try out some new things
>>
File: 2016-09-10 20.47.33.png (2MB, 1067x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-10 20.47.33.png
2MB, 1067x1051px
>>9179818
Samples that came with!
>>
>>9179818
What site did you use?
>>
>>9179818
That's an amazing order anon, which site did you use? Also would love reviews/opinions on anything you try, particularly the cats wink, berry peel, cleansing oil and snail products.
>>
>>9179858
>>9179850
1/2
I use the ebay seller f2plus1(verified seller) because they are pretty cheap, free and super fast international shipping and always give heaps of great samples!

I'll start off saying I have combination skin. I get occasional pimples on my nose, but are mostly hormonal or from emotional eating (damn exam stress time)

The cats wink compact is good - the makeup gives a nice matte look, not too chalky or textured on the skin. The mirror is really crap though, I can't see anything in it unfortunately. I leave it at work and it looks cute on my desk anyway

The berry peel is nice, leaves my skin really nice and bright and has a nice fresh scent! I have only used it once so far so will have to check back in with any AHA results when they come

The cleansing oil is absolutely divine! I love the smell and the way it feels on my skin. Definitely recommend this as an oil cleanser! I feel like my skin is getting a lot of moisture from this, I usually leave it on for longer than usual because it just leaves my skin so dewy and nice
>>
>>9179890
2/2

Snail all in one cream: probably my favorite snail product - really lightweight and dried super quickly and is not sticky in the slightest. Smells really great as well. I haven't been using it long enough to let you know about the repairing benefits, but I'll come back on that one. Also a little goes a long way!

Snail sleep pack: this night pack is pretty sticky. I have apply this a decent amount of time before i go to bed, otherwise i wake up with fluff and what not all over my face lol. Otherwise it is okay. I probably will try another sleeping pack next time, as this is less heavy moisturising and more just sticky.

The ferment snail essence + multi function snail intensive repair ampoule: I've used these before and I really like them! I used to have fine lines around my forehead and my nose scrunch which are pretty much gone now since I started using these. The essence smells great, the ampoule, not so much, but hey it works. They are also quite quick to absorb and feel light on my skin, this is pretty important to me as I don't like to spend too much time waiting around for products to sink in for too long before moving on to the next.

The secret key sunscreen with snail mucin is fantastic. It's SPS50+, smells like delicious candy, not greasy or sticky in the slightest, soaks in almost instantly and makes my skin feel moisturised. I also love this one as most other facial moisturisers cause my skin to get really oily throughout the day, and this one doesn't at all. I will definitely buy again

let me know if you would like me to review anything else, or if I didn't cover something in enough detail
>>
>>9179890
>>9179891
Thank you so much for taking the time to write these, you are too kind! I've been wanting to try snail products for a while and didn't know where to start so this is really helpful. I'll probably try the compact, oil cleanser, all in one cream and snail sunscreen. Cheers.
>>
>>9176055
I'd like to know about toners too. They always look and feel like water to me and does nothing.

Essence is a very vague term and I never understood what they're actually selling. Hope someone could be kind enough to clear these up!
>>
>>9179890
Thank you anon! It's very helpful and I'm glad to see you found most of them great to use. Which one is the cleansing oil as i can't see from the pic?

Slightly OT but how much did your order come to? I recently ordered $100+ and although the free samples had more variety, they seem less than what you posted. Not complaining though, just curious! This is also why I will have to wait a while before ordering some of the products you mentioned here.
>>
>>9179771
Yeah. Seller said he couldn't take back the bottle but agreed to give me a full refund, and I didn't even need to show him pictures of my horrible breakout, which makes me feel a little better. I slathered myself in Moa Green Balm, since I had a sample pot of it - I don't believe in the supposedly magic properties of yarrow, but I thought a nice bland ceramide goo is what my skin needs right now.

The bottles are now in my art box to use as a solvent for wig dyeing.
>>
>>9179818
I have the Cat's Wink powder pact. Good stuff
>>
>>9176055
>>9180078

Toners: there are two types. You have a pH balancing one that lowers your face's pH so that the chemical exfoliants are more effective and a hydrating toner (or as some Japanese products refer to as a lotion) is a product that adds moisture back to your skin that might have been affected after cleansing.

An essence is somewhat similar to a US serum. It is general designed to target specific issues and honestly where more of the customization comes from.
>>
>>9178527
I would look into whitening or brightening products.

With that said, you can try AHA and Vit C or something with a concentration of arbutin. It can take months though to see results
>>
>>9180365
Thanks, I hate how much they contrast with my skin and look dirty.
>>
>>9180113
>>9179958
Happy to help out! I know how it can be sometimes overwhelming trying to figure out what you need when there are so many products out there!

The cleansing oil is Real Art Cleansing Oil by Etude House

I spent just over $200, which I was expecting due to the amount of products and makeup I ordered lol. Did you order through the same seller?
>>
>>9180443
Yes same seller, and it makes sense as you spent more than me! It's incredible value, as $200 wouldn't get very far in big brand names and still run the same risk of not working for our skin.
>>
>>9180358
Sorry if this is a stupid question but if I use a cleanser with a low pH that doesn't dry my skin out, do I still need a toner?
>>
>>9181113
No. A lot of the idea of using a toner to balance pH came from the 50s and 60s when the cosmetics technology level was not what it currently is. Essences are better for specific skin problems.
>>
>>9176809
I know mostly everyone posting ITT is into pretty intensive skincare, so maybe it's unlikely but in case anyone is interested; other than a few times, I haven't washed my face with anything except water since I made this post! And not even twice a day most of the time. And there is no negative difference to my skin. No better or worse really, no new acne or clogged pores, just the old stuff healing. The only thing that seems to better it is slathering on some thick mask like moisturizer before bed so things can heal in my sleep.

If things continue like this, what a load off my back!
>>
Is there a difference between cleansing water or cleansing foam?
>>
>>9180358

Thanks for the answer! Regarding essence, what kind of issues would they target? I'm very acne prone, like a lot of people so I guess there's an essence for that, but what exactly is it doing that other parts of my skincare aren't?
>>
>>9181863
I think for the most part cleansing waters are just thin liquid that doesnt foam and then applyed to dry skin with cotton pad to get rid of dirt,makeup,etc. Cleansing foams are well, foamy, you apply to wet face, massage with hands then rinse off.
>>
>>9181863
Cleansing water is the same as a micellar water so it's used as a first cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen. Cleansing Foam is a second cleanser so you use it afterwards

>>9181931
Essences and serums can help with stuff like brightening, anti-aging or adding moisture. Like, the Benton Snail Bee Essence would probably work really well for you and what you are needing to fix for your skin.
>>
>>9182304

I just looked that up and it sounds great (Bentons). I hear it contains Salicylic Acid and I already use that daily in my routine (1%). How should I work this in?
>>
File: 2160284[1].jpg (22KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
2160284[1].jpg
22KB, 550x550px
Where I live has a couple of Korean beauty stores so it'd be easy to get into Korean skincare.

I'm not worried about the prices being higher since I know i'd pay much more in shipping anyway.

I'm into brands with cute packaging at the moment like Etude House or TonyMoly.

but, being a newbie when it comes to skincare, have no idea where to start or what products are the best. I just grabbed pic related and started using this with random foaming cleansers.
>>
>>9182520
Australia?

Wcosmetics has better prices than Roserose on a lot of things, so it just saves so much in shipping.
>>
Is Ulta US only? I'm in Canada and Jolse doesn't have some of the products I want.
>>
>>9182520
I didn't think that wonder pore really felt like it did anything. I had the huge bottle of it, but tossed it when I left Korea because it was just meh
>>
>>9182520
>>9182701
I didn't feel like the Wonder Pore really did anything for me either. I'd rec another toner desu.
>>
>>9182520
The cuter the package, the shittier the product
>>
>>9182517
The salicylic acid is low on the list so you can use it after acids and before moisturizers

>>9182520
Fucking read the OP. It's so short that someone with as low of an attention span as you can understand it.
>>
Has anybody used any of the Secret Key Snow White line?

Looking at getting the essence and maybe even foam cleanser once mine runs out.
>>
>>9183265
I did before I posted. Calm down period chan
>>9183238
>>9182701
Thats unfortunate.
>>9183258
Also unfortunate. I'm looking into things with cute packaging in paticular since my greasy ass sister won't try anything that doesn't look cute enough. So I have to be creative with suggesting makeup or skincare. Our family attends formal events often so it can be a bit embarrassing to show up with her.
>>
>>9183943
You can do that as a gateway if it makes sense. I loved everything about Skinfood until I saw that they werent appropriate for my skin type and then looked at other stuff
>>
>>9183258
Not necessarily true. The Tonymoly Panda's Dream stuff is known for being really good.

>>9183991
I love/d the Skinfood Peach Sake line because of the smell and luxurious packaging, but I'm pretty sure it's what was causing my breakouts. I have unopened bottles of the emulsion and serum just sitting here now.. The makeup's still great, though.
>>
>>9183991
Seems like a good plan. She likes her skin being soft and likes how she looks in makeup, but unless it smells good, is sparkly, changes color, is presented cutely... you get the point.

in her words "it makes me feel more like i'm playing dressup rather than painting myself up like a whore"
>>
File: 16707156.jpg (35KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
16707156.jpg
35KB, 450x450px
I think Dr Lin's Hydrating Gel is breaking me out. I wake up with a few new tiny whiteheads and spots whenever I use it before bed.

It makes me sad since the ingredients list looked good and made my skin feel so nice putting it on.
>>
>>9179890
The mirror on cat wink has a sticky cover over it , peel it off
>>
Any sheet mask recs? I want to do a haul soon. Recently I got Tony Moly's vitamin essence mask, and I liked it well enough. I think Etude House's is better, it's creamier and smells nicer, but Tony Moly's really helped with my redness.
>>
>>9177613

I love this stuff. I have really oily but dry skin and this clears me up super fast. i use it every other day. make sure to only use a small layers so you can flake it off instead of washing it. use the vinegar, water won't activate it.
>>
>>9183905
I like their sun cream sunscreen but I have tried that line
>>
>>9183905
I tried the milky pack and the cream. They both are good if you instantly want to look a few shades lighter.
>>
>>9184972
Their Snail Repairing sun cream is what introduced me to the brand! I was one of the first anons shilling it here, haha.

>>9184975
I was considering them! They both have titanium dioxide as a main ingredient, like the Panda's Dream White Cream, which is I think what causes the white cast.

The essence is expensive for 30ml, but hnnnng those ingredients.
>>
>>9184573
Lovemore
My Beauty Diary
My Scheming
L'Herboflore
Purederm
>>
Does anyone have any advice for uneven skin? Both as in uneven colour and skin. It just kinda sucks when you got bad skin and you can't put makeup over it bc how the skin is.
>>
>>9185364
Chemical exfoliants, AHA/BHA, will probably be your best bet. Moisturizers with niacinamide and vitamin c serums help with color (although iirc, you need to wait at least half an hour between aha/bha and nicinamide products if you're using them at the same time).

If it's really bad you can go to a derm and discuss getting a peel done.
>>
>>9177953
Closed windows are actually pretty safe, they filter out just about all the UV
>>
>>9185871

I'm not sure how true this is.
I'm into collecting hobbies and was researching into animation cels, they recommend not displaying them since the UV light even in your house can cause sun damage. Unless you get UV resistant windows (which honestly I would when I own my own house one day. The sun is evil).
>>
File: 999999-56594850590.jpg (27KB, 299x460px) Image search: [Google]
999999-56594850590.jpg
27KB, 299x460px
Anybody try this? My mom got me hooked on these and I'm actually almost finished my current one. This is like my holy grail of chap stick.
>>
>>9185871
No they don't, they filter out UVB but not UVA
>>
>>9185871
>>9186122
>>9186709

Only certain windows filter out UVB. You should never trust windows which don't advertise what type of UV light they filter and assume all windows let in UV light

You can buy UV protection film to put over your windows if you don't want to wear sunblock in an office with windows.

http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/sun-protection/window-film/windows
>>
File: shopping.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>9186124
They feel so plastic to me, but it's good you found one that works for you! I'm more for Blistex.
>>
Has anyone got advice for removing/reducing scars? I have one above my eyebrow that was a fairly clean cut about 1cm long (happened about 3 and a half months ago) and is now a slight dip and kind of puffy along one edge but, i think, fully healed. If I press my finger to it i can feel the ridge/lump along the edge where it feels more solid than the rest of my skin.

I'm not expecting a miracle or for it to completely disappear, but it there a way to make it flatter so that it is easier to cover with makeup?

PurOrganica Scar Cream seems to be well reviewed, does anyone have experience of it?
>>
>>9186854
Massage with moisturiser 4 times per day for at least 5-10 minutes preferably withe vitamin E, A or something like jojoba oil. It sounds like it's a little bit of hypertrophied tissue rather than keloid, so it should respond to that after 4 weeks or so.
>>
>>9186763
Ive tried blistex and it does work well too. I just really hate the smell of the ones I've tried... They smell very, medicinal?
>>
This might be a stupid ass dumb ass question but can weight gain make your face overproduce oil?
>>
>>9187022
Yes if it fucks with your hormones or is hormone related (e.g. people with PCOS have hormone issues that give them acne and make it hard for them to lose weight, if you use prednisone for a long time it can make you put on weight and give you acne)
>>
Does anyone have any eye creme or lotion recommendations?

I'm dealing with insomnia/sleeping problems lately, so my eye area just feels so tense. Puffiness isn't a problem so much as I worry about premature aging or dark circles. Any recs would be appreciated!
>>
>>9187101
Panda's dream so cool eye stick is the best for fatigued eyes. It's cooling and relaxing.
>>
>>9187101
>Whamisa Organic Flowers Eye Essence
>CosRx Honey Ceramide Eye
Cream
>Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream
>>
File: sad.jpg (57KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
57KB, 500x425px
How can I make the pores on my cheeks less visible without using makeup? They're kind of large, it looks bad. I went shopping yesterday and looked for products but there was a lot of things and I want to choose carefully, like porefessional, or something like that iirc, for example. I looked for info on the internet in general and only found a lot of contradictions, so I feel like I can only ask here now.

>>9176898
What does it do exactly? I was going to buy it yesterday but the saleswoman was very vague when she described it, apparently it's just supposed to hydrate the skin around your eyes? Is that really enough to make eyebags less visible?
>>
>>9187835
Basically it has a cooling effect while still helping circulation. I'm not sure exactly how it works but it gets rid of dark circles and helps eye fatigue.
>>
>>9187835
bha/aha (chemical exfoliants) and niacinimide. you need spf 40+ to avoid sun damage after either treatment. you can buy good bhas and ahas from paula's choice and she also has a niacinimide booster
>>
>>9187835
Skinfood's peach sake line is for sebum control and pore minimizing, that might help.
>>
>>9187835
It might even sound like a dehydration issue so I would look into something with ceramides like Rosette Ceramide Gel or Kikumasamune Lotion.

Personally, Rosette helped make my pores appear smaller
>>
>>9179768
Sure, why not
>>
File: 20160917_103815-1.jpg (274KB, 977x425px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_103815-1.jpg
274KB, 977x425px
>>9178029
Same person here, for context I've always had really dark dark circles. Im a bit sick rn so it's looking extra bad. I've had them for as long as i can remember and think its partially to do with how my face is structured? I may try the salmon thing.
>>
>>9188811
Sometimes it's just genetics, from what it seems like.

Any suggestions for Olive-free moisturizers? So far, I've tried Enprani Cream Cheese Bounce And Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair cream.
>>
>>9187022
What >>9187068 said, but adding that in general, a bad diet will make your skin worse as a side effect. If you're gaining weight because you're not eating right, it might cause skin problems as well. Unfortunately, the foods that cause this seem to be very individual, so I can't help.
>>
Any face sunscreen recs that won't break you out? I have Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45 PA+++ right now and it's making me get whiteheads. I need one with a high SPF because I work outside in a desert.
>>
>>9179891
>my nose scrunch
underrated adorable term
>>
>>9190767
I've found that Nivea suncreams are pretty much the only ones that don't break me out. Suncream seems to be a very ymmv thing though so unfortunately i think itll just be a case of trying different ones out for yourself and seeing what happens
>>
>>9190767
the Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence actually improves my acne problem. if i have spots they are often reduced when i use it, even if i stay indoors. SPF50+ PA+++
>>
>>9190775
>>9190803
Thanks!
>>
I'm having an operation soon, and they told me to shower in the morning and not put anything on my skin after, not even moisturiser. Is there anything you gulls can think of that'll mean my skin won't be so dry? I am planning to take some to the hospital with me so i can put it on afterwards, but that will potentially be 8+ hours after washing
>>
I've seen people recommend BHA face masks for people with sebaceous filaments, but is there a specific ingredient I'm looking for or would it say "BHA" on it? Are there any products you'd recommend?
>>
>>9191676
Anon, just leave your skin bare and deal with the dryness later. You can stand to go one day without.
>>
>>9191686
Key notes:
Everyone has sebaceous filaments.
It will say it's a bha.
Cosrx makes really good bhas, shop around online and you'll find one that works for you if you don't like my reccomendation.
>>
>>9191687
Yeah i know its not going to damage my skin or anything, but my skin is really dry and feels horrible and itchy if i don't moisturise. Obviously it wont matter during the op since ill be sedated, but i will probably have a few hours of waiting around beforehand where i will be uncomfortable because of the dryness. Its not the end of the world, but if i can do something to reduce that i would like to
>>
>>9191690
>Everyone has sebaceous filaments
I know, but mine are pretty visible so I'd like to minimize them as much as possible.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it.
>>
So I've pretty much got my facial acne under control, but I still have bacne. How do I treat it without using benzoyl peroxide? It discolors my clothes and I need a solution that won't do that
>>
>>9191698
Maybe a high content aloe. You'll want something they can easily remove with an alcohol swab.
>>
>>9191676
I'd follow your doctor's instructions the day of, you don't want any unnecessary risks. Maybe do a hydrating mask and apply a heavier moisturizer the night before?
>>
>>9191710
I exfoliate religiously and it has my SFs under control
>>
>>9191716
if you are shampooing after you wash your body, stop
>>
>>9191686
Sometimes it's listed as Salicylic Acid

>>9191698
The reason they don't want you to moisturise is to reduce the amount of bacteria on your skin (bacteria like moist environments and I can guarantee your moisturiser probably has your normal skin flora in it). Just suck it up and deal, you don't want to increase your post-op infection risk right?

>>9191716
You can try acids? AHA/BHA might help
>>
I'm trying out the "basic" Asian skincare routine right now. Just started on the face shop's rice water cleanser for oil cleanser, cerave for a foam cleanser, shiseido for moisturizer, and then sunblock in the morning. I have been doing the last two since before and it hasn't been giving me any problems at all in the six months I've been using just that regimen. The change really is from using just soap and water to the two cleansers.

I've been noticing my skin is a bit more oily and irritated and I've been breaking out just a bit of acne. 90% sure it's the rice cleanser but I'm unsure if it's just a transition period or if it's just too oily for me? I have a combination skin and it's really hard to strike a good balance between dry and oily. I am getting an emulsion as well but I'm waiting for two weeks first before I add on anything else. Was wondering if i should stop one cleanser or stick with it for two weeks?
>>
I've been thinking about changing my routine but I'm not sure if it's a good idea? My skin has been pretty gross lately so I exfoliated and did a night mask yesterday which helped but I'm wondering if I should start exfoliating twice a week. Or using a mask once and exfoliating the next? I have a line that I use and I already have both (I just never really use them, oops).

I have combination skin and it's fine in the winter (I switch to a heavier moisturizer/use a facial oil if I'm super dry) but it's not so nice in the summer/fall. I have a pretty basic routine (wash, tone, moisturize. Haven't even been wearing makeup lately).
>>
>>9194313
Yeah, I've learned that most of my issues have been not following my gut. I would stop the oil cleanser and seeing if it makes a difference. If your skin is still irritated then it would be your second cleanser
>>
>>9194321
What is your actual issue? You just say that your face is gross, but that tells us nothing.
>>
>>9194313
Oil and cream cleansers can break some people out easily, I also think that would be the culprit. I have that problem too, and it can be tough finding one that doesn't (Hada Labo's Gokujyun oil cleanser is the only one I've found that works for me, so far).

If you're not using an exfoliant, it's unlikely that the acne is a transition period and not just a product breaking you out.
>>
>>9194492
It's been more oily (likely because it's still hot) and I've had a few smaller breakouts. I don't get pimples that often but when I do it's usually just in my T zone. I've had issues with black heads lately and enlarged pores (there's really nothing to do about that though).
>>
>>9194551
No need to exfoliate more, just change your moisturizers. You can spot treat with tea tree oil or witch hazel to help dry out your oily areas without stripping out moisture or damaging the skin.
>>
>>9194556
thanks! I already use a tea tree night moisturizer so it makes sense to add some tea tree into my day routine too.
>>
>>9194437
>>9194536

Thank you guys. I'll stop it then. I'm kind of sad because it did make my face feel softer if not oily but my skin did feel super irritated and sensitive today.

I'll try the Hada labo's oil cleanser! I really like the idea of a oil cleanser to moisturise the skin so I'll give it a try before I give up.
>>
>>9195014
If even Hada Labo doesn't work out, I've read good things about Etude House's real art cleansing oil (mild version).
>>
>>9195014
Yea, it does happen often once your skin changes. There have been products that was godsend until my skin decided it didn't like it.

Are you sensitive to mineral oil or olive oil? Most of the oil cleansers are based on those.
>>
>>9195024

I just bought the Hadalabo oil, but I'll definitely keep that in mind!

>>9195613

I'm probably sensitive to mineral oil as I used baby oil a few times (per mother's advice no less) and it broke me out badly. The face shop was less irritating for my skin. I've never had to pay attention to sensitivities before, but I'll pay more attention now.

Thanks for being patient with me guys. I just realized I also missed a key part of the sticky so thank you again.
>>
Is it really necessary to wait 2 weeks between adding new products?
>>
>>9196097
Yes with the only exception is if you react immediately then you should stop.

You need to give your skin some time to adjust and make sure that you are not reacting to it. Sometimes it takes a few days before it decides it doesn't like it.

Patch testing is equally important too but I don't go too much into it as others.
>>
strange question but i got a mole removed from my face, how do I ensure it doesn't scar? doctor said just keep antibiotics on it, but after a scab forms isn't that no longer necessary? I don't think I can use bio-oil on my face because comedogenic, what do seagulls think about argan oil or snail repair gel after the wound closes? Aloe?

>>9190767

paula's choice doesn't break me out, but I think it smells sunscreeny. I have really breakout prone skin, too. It was about $8 a good size tube.
>>
>>9196450
Is it reasonable to wait only 4-5 days, or is that just too greedy/impatient?
>>
>>9196502
Do all of those things if you want, just treat it like a wound. Antibiotic is essentailly treated petroleum jelly, so it'll help anyway.
>>
>>9197090
Whatever works for your skin anon. I wait a day or two max, because my skin will either react everytime or never.
>>
Any suggestions for someone with seborrheic dermatitis? I've tried a zinc soap bar and it made me break out pretty bad. Suggestions for facial cleansers and moisturizers would be amazing.
>>
>>9197170
When I had a bad flare up around my nose, I spot treated with salicylic acid (Neutrogena's rapid clear lotion because it was cheap) and Innisfree's canola honey cream, and it cleared up relatively quickly.

I'm pretty sure the salicylic acid was doing the work, the cream was for the off-chance that the honey in it might help.
>>
>>9197114
>Antibiotic is essentailly treated petroleum jelly

Neat, I didn't know that. Thanks friend.
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for evening skin tone? My skin is a mocha/nutmeg color but my face is patchy in some places and it's making me feel hideous.

Normal skin care products for dark skin do absolutely nothing for me. I'm interested in Japanese products but I know Korea is the holy grail.
>>
File: tumblr_o80ks0bvam1skqlxjo3_500.jpg (86KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o80ks0bvam1skqlxjo3_500.jpg
86KB, 500x617px
uh hey
i'm black, like about the color of pic related, and my ass as some weird discoloration, its like....about the color of my knees/elbows?
idk why the fuck this is the case, but can someone recommend a topical skin lightening creme or something I can use?
i was using kojie soap for a solid 6 months straight but that didn't seem to do much
>>
>>9196502
I had a large birthmark removed via laser two years ago, and absolutely DO NOT let a scab form. I worked at the hospital I had it done and the doctor saw it scabbed once while I was in the halls and forced me to go down to his office where he gently scrubbed the scab off and told me to take a piece of gauze and gently clean it any time the wound weeped enough that it started to crust. (Disgusting, I'm sorry) he then told me to keep the antibiotics/petroleum jelly on it and let the skin heal without scabbing over because when it scabs, the tissue can get tight and scar. He made me go to his office every damn day at work to make sure I was taking care of it properly while it healed, but within six months it was pretty much gone. (After getting 17mm of skin on my face basically burnt off, this is pretty impressive)
>>
Any advice on removing or lessening the look of stretch marks?
>>
>>9198262
Go to a dermatologist and they can be laser treated. That's really the only thing that will work.
>>
>>9198262
see>>9175656

>>9197607
Do you use sunscreen? Have you tried products with niacinamide and vitamin C?
>>
Have you gulls found that products with snail slime works? Or is it just a lot of hype?
>>
>>9199259
Snail slime is touted for promoting healing but I personally haven't noticed that effect. I'm a fan of the Mizon snail series (the ampoule and black all-in-one cream in particular) and the Nature Republic snail essence. I like that they're light, moisturizing, and not irritating (for my skin at least).
>>
Sorry this is probably a really obvious/annoying question but I'm really new to this and haven't sorted out my first intended regimen yet and don't even know where to start.

What are general product recommendations for blackheads and non-acne related redness?

For blackheads I've been looking into some Japanese charcoal masks but I'm not sure if that would be enough nor which one would be best to try first.

Also is it even possible to reduce redness if it's part of your undertone? I have mostly a yellow undertone but my face gets really red and in general has a reddish undertone that makes my skin look darker. I want to be as pale as my skin permits, so besides consistent use of sunscreen (I'll look into the ones people have mentioned so far in the thread unless anyone has any specific recommendations) and staying out of the sun as much as possible I'm not sure what else I can do but if there's something I can use without horribly damaging my skin, I want to use it.
>>
>>9199530
If you haven't yet, I would establish the 4 basics and then look into a BHA and a snail essence or honey. BHA is harsh so it's almost like your pampering your skin before working on your blackheads. The snail or honey should help with your redness.
>>
Would it be a bad idea to mix in a little honey (like the medical grade honey used to heal wounds faster) with my moisturizer after doing a salicylic acid peel? Sorry if that's a dumb question
>>
Have you noticed a difference in expensive vs cheap konjac sponges? What's the average price per sponge? I want to buy a pack of them, but I'm trying to figure out what's a good deal vs what's a ripoff.
>>
>>9203792
What is the hype all about? Why are they so wow?
>>
>>9202571
You might end up sticky and attracting bugs. A better idea might be using the honey as a wash off face mask before continuing with the rest of your routine.

>>9203792
I've never noticed a real difference some brands have different densities but it's not price based. Make sure you get a white or light colored one because you can spot dirt or mold easier, the 'special added ingredients' in the colored ones are never really worth it.
>>
>>9204728
Reasons I believe it's wow: marked improvement in my skin, exfoliation is much gentler than anything else I've used, doesn't leave residues, doesn't require learning a whole new set of tools to figure it out.
>>
>>9204728
Exfoliation for the people who are sensitive to BHA and AHA or who actually has really sensitive skin
>>
File: tumblr_n2r45we2d11tp12huo7_400.gif (449KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2r45we2d11tp12huo7_400.gif
449KB, 400x246px
>tfw bad skin during middle/high school
>acne, huge pores, skin always red
>family all teases me for it
>start browsing skin care generals in college
>utilize Korean skin care routine to an extent
>drinking more water
>taking better care of my skin in general

>fast forward to yesterday
>not wearing any makeup, just some facial lotion with sunscreen
>two older women complement me on my completion
>tell me I have very nice skin
>mfw

I still have bad days but my skin is definitely the best it's ever been and it's all thanks to these generals. If I knew then what I know now maybe I wouldn't have been so insecure. But anyway, thank you /skg/ for all you do.
>>
File: IMG_3152.jpg (38KB, 1039x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3152.jpg
38KB, 1039x188px
hey gulls, please help me out here i'm completely desperate

my undereyes used to be ok for the most part (a bit of darkness but nothing terrible) until i had an incredibly stressful year at uni, and my undereyes have permanently looked like this ever since. i've tried burt's bees eye cream, vaseline, hydrocortisone, and some samples of ulta eye care products, but nothing has helped. my primary concern is lessening the wrinkles/fine lines/bags since i can deal with the darkness. it's really bad because it's my greatest insecurity and makes me feel completely depressed about being out and around people at all.

pic related it's my under eyes. i'm willing to try anything but i can't afford plastic surgery yet
>>
>>9205765
This gives me hope, I have the exact same problems you had and just ordered a bunch of samples to get things started.
>>
File: img_3350.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
img_3350.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>9205796
The best advice I can give is to never give up hope! The process took a while and there was some time I didn't see any improvements. It's good you're starting off with samples incase any give you bad reactions. Another thing that has helped are sheet masks. I just tried pic related last week and it not only smelled lovely but it brightened up my skin too. I'm still figuring out which masks actually work and which ones are just buzzwords though. Lastly, when in doubt don't be too afraid to ask for help. A lot of gulls here range from experts to right where you are today. These generals tend to have the lowest salt content because everyone has the same goal: nice skin.
>>
>>9205774
Why haven't you tried retinol or other retinoids? They're the only proven thing for fine lines and wrinkles....The hydrocortisone likely made it worse fyi since that stuff thins skin over time.
>>
>>9205774
I get this only when I'm dehydrated. Do you drink a lot of caffeinated stuff but not a lot of water?
>>
>>9205880
I thought retinol was bad for the undereye area? Unless there's a cream that's safe for undereyes. Or I could just be mistaken.

>>9205887
I've quit caffeinated drinks for a couple years now but I definitely don't drink as much water as I should. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, anon.
>>
>>9205878
I've got two of these in tomato but still haven't tried them.
>>
>>9205892
Steroid cream definitely isn't *better* for under your eyes
>>
File: IMG_0676-1.jpg (322KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0676-1.jpg
322KB, 1200x1200px
Recommendations for lotion for combination skin?

My boyfriend has been using Cerave lotion (same I use for my dry skin) but it's not working for him. His cheeks look dry and he gets razor burn under his chin. It's not the razors because they're brand new and his cheeks don't have razor burn. I had him try pic related and he felt hot and cold at the same time, so he didn't like it.
>>
>>9205892
Retinols are good for the under eye because they help thicken the skin and obscure dark circles along with reducing wrinkles. Eye creams with retinol are formulated to be gentler and to be less likely to melt into the eyes.
>>
Gulls, what's a good way to clear out your pores daily? I wear makeup 3-4 times a week and use makeup remover wipes that doesn't get everything out and I try not to overuse SeaBreeze on my face because it dries my skin out.

I recently got one of those facial brushes but is there any special cleanser I can use with it or is my generic foaming cleanser with the brush good enough?
>>
>>9206025
Does he actually want to use lotion?
>>
>>9206127
Yes. He's not used to wearing face lotion so perhaps he wasn't expecting the feeling he felt from the heavy night cream. He tried a thinner layer of it another nightand didn't complain about the feeling then.
>>
As a result of these generals I'm finally switching over to Korean skincare, gradually incorporating it into my regular routine. Most drugstore products irritate my skin but so far, I've been doing okay with some of the samples I get sent alongside my Korean makeup. Just bought Innisfree Volcanic Pore foaming cleanser after the sample of it I got made my skin look fantastic. Minimized the large pores on my nose. Skin looked more even. Incredible progress for just a sample.

Next month I'm going to get The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil, since I've thankfully learned from these threads that it's better to introduce new products only when your skin is after getting used to another.
>>
>>9206118
Don't use makeup remover wipes, I imagine that they only go surface level. You'd need a proper makeup remover to start with.
>>
>>9206137
Got any recommendations?
>>
>>9206142
Oil cleansers. I liked Skin Food's Black Sugar Cleansing Oil, and I heard good things about Kose's Cleansing Oil too. Banila Co's Cleansing Balm gets good reviews too.
>>
>>9206127

Any recs for guys who don't like the feel of lotion, or do they have to suck it up? My bf does not like lotion and will only put it on if his face looks like it's peeling off. Drives me nuts.
>>
>>9206161

Just go to a store and have him try on a bunch. See what he feels is most comfortable. Some lotions definitely feel lighter and less greasy than others.
>>
>>9206153
I do like Skin Food so I'll check that out. Thanks!
>>
>>9206161
Give him something that isn't a lotion.
>>
>>9206161
You could try a hydrating toner like hadalabo light version. It feels almost like water.
>>
>>9206218
>>9206194

I'll try that, thanks.

I just talked to him about trying a different lotion and he won't budge. I love him but men.
>>
>>9177284
It takes about 3 months for any hair supplement to start showing any change. I'm currently taking Viviscal since it was so highly rated, and I'm hoping it'll make my hair stop splitting as well as becoming a little thicker.
>>
>>9199259
I found the snail goo works nicely as a moisturiser but I haven't really noticed much related to the other supposed benefits. I am currently using LadyKin's snail cream and Annie's Way's repairing snail mask - the latter seems to work as a temporary whitener though.

>>9206118
Oil cleansers are very good for effectively removing make-up. The DHC ones work very well.
>>
This is kind of embarrassing but......does anyone know how retinol works for acne scars? I get them on my ass. I literally get acne on my ass and nowhere else. Terrible embarrassing to wear swimsuits or more revealing cosplays since there are dark acne scars. And if it does work, how long does it take for a change to be noticed?
>>
>>9206472
>>9206137

Just realized Burts Bees has a cleansing oil and that's pretty easy for me to get so I'll pick some up from the drugstore. I've ordered some Skin Food Black Sugar Perfect Oil Cleansing Wipes just to try since they're $5 and I'm not sure how my skin will react so I didn't want to shell out the $15+ for the bottled stuff just in case.
>>
>>9205892
Yeah you're definitely mistaken. Retinol is in a number of eye creams. Obviously stronger retinoids should be approached with caution and rigorous use of sunscreen, but depending on your skin's response can be used without issues - I use 0.5% tretinoin every 2nd day around my eye area.
>>
>>9205878
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. My haul is practically nothing but samples and sheet masks, so here's hoping.
>>
>>9206118
I would definitely recommend double cleansing. Cleansing wipes are okay but they are definitely lacking in terms of getting everything out

>>9206161
Maybe something lightweight like the CosRx 92 Snail.

>>9205878
>>9206614
Definitely. It's one of those things where it can get really frustrating because skin can be so finicky but there is so many products out there that will work for you
>>
>>9206479
It works great. Get a 0.5 or 0.25% strength one, combine with dermarolling and vitamin C serums and it'll be gone in no time. Keep it out of the sun while you're using the retinol or you'll get even more pigmentation/freckles.

My routine
>0.5% every fortnight on face
>Biore watery essence sunscreen daily
>Mentholatum CC serum day and night
>Dermaroll 0.5mm every month
>AHA err day
>BHA once a week

Be sure to protect yourself from the sun or you'll get freckles.

>tfw asian never had freckles in her life
>have to go out the next morning after using 0.5%
>use sunscreen
>get freckles
>>
I have really oily skin, usually I have a prescription treatment, but I've been trying to get off of it, and it seems like the breakouts are just getting worse, so I'm looking to get into an actual routine...

Usually I just use cetaphil oil control cleanser, paula's choice clear 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and then cetaphil oil control moisturizer.

I've been looking around at youtube reviews, and this stood out to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8Fa9JcY1A

Is this routine worth following, or is she just selling shit?

Any tips?
>>
>>9210173
i cannot recommend paula's choice 2% liquid bha enough for oily acne prone skin. back when i was on top of my skincare routine (a bit too depressed to bother now, but im planning to try again) it shrank my pores, made my sebaceous filaments less noticeable, and helped with both acne and oil control. i hear really good things about her shine stopper both under makeup and by itself, as well. maybe pick up some samples of it with your order and see if it helps if you end up buying the bha. found this on my dash last night but forgot to snag the referral link, sorry anon! still cheaper than the normal price though
"hey y'all! paula’s choice is having a 15% off sale for all AHA and BHA exfoliators! bringing my fave, bha liquid, to 24$ instead of 29$. if you use my referral link, it brings it down to 14$!! plus i found a 20% off your order code for the month of october: IPSY2016 bringing a full size exfoliator down to only ~11$!!!"
if you really need a referral link, bedpartymakeover on tumblr is the one who turned me on to paula's choice and she often posts hers and will give it to you if you shoot her a message
>>
>>9210173
Was your prescription really harsh for you? One way is that if you feel like everything is super sensitive, I would double check to see if maybe your moisture barrier has been compromised. I would switch the moisturizer to Cerave PM since it has ceramides in it to help restore that, especially when you are doing your prescription.

Paula's Choice is loved though. There isn't a lot of BHA and AHA available so it's hers and CosRx that are really popular. I would double check your cleanser pH too since BHA needs to be at a certain level to work
>>
>>9210281
Thanks, I'll probably pick up the sample edition.

>>9210438
The prescription cream was really drying the first week or so I used it, but later on I was fine. It was a clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide gel.
>>
So is the western routine for people who don't have as much skin trouble?

The Asian one seems so much more in depth, is it all necessary or just overkill?
>>
>>9211026
Do what you need. If you have good and resilient skin and can get away with just a moisturizer (although I think an spf would be good in anyone's case) and a cleanser, that's totally fine. And it saves money for other things.
>>
>>9211026
like above anon said, it really depends on your skin. If you have particular problems like acne, oiliness, dryness/flaking, uneven skin tone, etc. then an intense routine can control or resolve them. But if your skin is pretty clear and healthy by itself then it's not really necessary.

I second having a gentle cleanser and moisturiser at the very least. Add to that sunscreen, makeup remover, eye cream maybe, as needed.
>>
I feel sad for people who are still struggling and have to do so much shit to have decent skin. I took accutane 10 years ago and get compliments on my skin all the time.
>>
>>9198180

hydroquinone
>>
>>9209925

What's wrong with freckles? I like my freckles. I am white tho
>>
>>9211026
It's all YMMV. The routine themselves aren't that different, AB just place an emphasis on double cleansing and sunscreen. If you have a makeup remover, you're essentially double cleansing. They may have a huge market for essences and serums, even then most people have three max and that's with a sheet mask included.

Personally, I am on AB because the products are cuter and western stuff is just really harsh on me. Ive always had great clear skin, I'm doing my routine for me.
>>
>>9211293
Are essences and serums worth trying if the simple cleanse and moisturizer with sunscreen isn't working?
>>
>>9176898
I've been thinking about getting this. At first I thought I wasn't getting enough sleep but even sleeping 8-9 hours a night I still have dark circles. Probably because of how pale my skin is.
>>
>>9179818
oh face blur and cats wink. Nice.
>>
>>9183258
that hasn't been my experience
>>
Does anyone here use the shiseido oil cleanser? I wanna buy it but I'm unsure.
>>
>>9211469
Definitely. I just used 'acne cleansers' and spot creams and moisturisers with salicylic acid for the longest time because it was all I knew, and had ongoing acne issues despite also going to my doctor and getting clindamycin gel, benzoyl peroxide, even tried going on the oral contraceptive. I thought that most makeup and sunscreen made my skin flare up as well.
Once I found out about actives and started a proper routine with a more gentle cleanser, my acne cleared up significantly. It isn't gone, but my forehead doesn't look as much like a cobbled street of zits/picked areas/scars any more either.
>>
A bit embarrassing, but I have a couple butt pimples that I'm looking to spot treat. The benzoyl peroxide I use on the occasional face pimples should be safe for the rest of my body too, right?
>>
>>9213580
yes as long as its not too harsh, bha/aha will work as well
>>
>>9179818
Can you review Gold Racoony for me, please?
>>
>>9174197
5 Step korean skin care rituals are excessive and unnecessary

You wanna know why Korean celebs have flawless skin? It’s not because they put 10 different heavily fragranced creams on their face. They’re paid to look good and they can afford stuff that works, and fast. Expensive derm procedures are more effective than creams (which can only do so much, due to the nature of your skin’s composition). And most importantly, it’s b/c their genes. You couldn’t cop those even if you are fabulously wealthy.

Eating a balanced diet of healthy fats and naturally-derived vitamins will do wonders. Don’t traumatize your skin with rough (non-chemical) exfoliators and derma-rollers, please. Using a protective cream also has it’s benefits, but if you go overboard with the moisturizers and serums your face can swell up and that’s not attractive. (and if you’re not wealthy, it’s all a waste, really.)

> https://futurederm.com/2012/08/12/are-pure-essential-oils-good-or-bad-for-you/
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrZqiqoZGA

Please don't take marketing contrivances with tenuous effectiveness seriously.
>>
>>9214288
I don't know man... I looked into it a bit, and the chemistry behind it is pretty solid.
>>
>>9214288
I agree that diet and lifestyle has a lot to do with good skin (and if you won the genetic lottery or not), but I don't think I've actually seen more than a small number genuine 15+ step daily routines. 2-3 steps in the morning and 3-5 at night with exfoliation 1-3x a week is pretty good for most average people without particularly major issues. The hard part comes from finding products to fill those slots that will play nice with your skin.

I also don't know why you disregarded the entire thread to preach out of the blue
>>
>>9214288

There's no difference between the Korean 5 or 10-step and the Western 3-step, though.

At the start, you get sold the basic 3-step: cleanse, tone, moisturise. Then you're told the skin around your eyes are more delicate, you should not wash them too much, and to use eye cream on them. When you get older you're told you should add a serum before moisturiser (and also, by now they try to sell you a day cream and a seperate, heavier night cream). Then you see the image of the truck driver who consistently got sun on one side of his truck and he looks like 100 years older on that side and you realise you need sunscreen. You get pimples and junk and are told you need to exfoliate at least once a week with scrubs, clay mask or chemical peel. You should also deep-moisturise once a week to keep skin looking fresh. When you're buying makeup for the first time you're usually also sold a makeup remover, sometimes there's a different remover for the eyes as well -- so this is the double cleanse, not a new thing either.

And now you have arrived at the 10 or 12-step skincare routine. All of this from a Western brand.

I'll agree with you, looking at Korean celebs is misleading -- but so is advertising from Western brands. Even if they don't have celebrities, they hire models with nice skin -- the model doesn't use the product itself, they just pose in some studio, take some photos, someone shoops out all the fugly bits, and that's what goes in the marketing campaign. So all advertising is false and misleading, not just Korean ones.

If you really want to look into which products are better, I'd recommend actually looking into the science behind the ingredients (for eg, like how these guys break down the science behind each product: http://thebeautybrains.com/blog/ ) and what they do, not just "Korean vs Western".
>>
>>9214288

also because they don't walk about without layers of makeup..
>>
>>9211067
okay, ty, i will try this!
>>
>>9214288
This really is no different than a simple western 3 step program though. Even then, some people can get away with a simpler routine but it still doesn't apply to those who want to have clearer skin and who has had a much harder time trying to achieve that
>>
>>9188811
I'm sure if you're posting in this thread you're sort of past this line of thought but I think a little darkness under the eyes can be cute, it's not like you have actual bags under your eyes unless that pic is deceiving

might not be as much of a problem as you think
>>
Ever since the cold has been setting in I've started getting dry patches on my face even though I moisturize in the morning and at night. Unfortunately this year, I've started noticing dry red patches on my eyelids, not to mention dry patches on my left cheek and chin.

Right now I'm using Philosophy's Purity cleanser, Lacome Re-hydrating Toner and a Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Moisturizer. It's been working for me up until now, but my skin is having none of it recently. Any suggestion for a routine change? If nothing else works, I'm probably going to see a dermatologist to figure what's going on.
>>
>>9216774
It's not uncommon for people to change their moisturizers with the seasons. I would look into an occlusive moisturizer or even a sleeping pack
>>
>>9175331
>boy here
If you're not a cringy ftm I'll eat my bonnet
>>
>>9211087
Nothing, not everyone likes them on themselves though
>>
>>9175716
>I don't really go outside much
Please still use a moisturizer with some SPF in it. Even if you don't go outside, the sun's rays can still reach you.
>>
>>9217698
>>
>>9217701

Unless you're in a windowless room all day, the sun's rays will reach you. And if you are in a windowless room all day you probably have different issues to worry about.

Some people are really sensitive to the sun and retin-A will make you moreso. In any case, sunblock does not hurt.
>>
>>9217698
>>9217701
>>9217864
Some research has shown that even artificial light can contribute to photoaging. Just saying.
>>
>>9217701
Even people in the cloudy countries get skin cancer. You're not protecting yourself from the sun, you're protecting yourself from the UV rays
>>
>>9218145
It depends. Fluorescents (especially if uncoated, or if the coating is cracked), halogen, CFL, and incandescent lights can emit a little UV. Although it's usually fine as long as you stay at least 1-2 feet away. LEDs you don't really have to worry about, iirc.
>>
Kiehl's very recently opened up in my local mall. I get all my skincare from Sephora or occasionally Lush. Any recommendations worth a shot? What's with their polished lab assistant aesthetic or is it all an elaborate gimmick?
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
Has anyone tries Dermalure's AHA / BHA Acne Solutions? I'm really torn between this or the Cosrx BHA Blackhead Liquid for closed comedones.

The Dermalure is cheaper but it only has 6 reviews.
>>
I've got big pit scars from picking. Can I minimize them with skincare somehow?
>>
Has anyone tried any Purito products? I got two samples with a cleanser (Snail Repair Advanced 91 Serum and Pure Hyaluronic Acid 90 Serum) but can find hardly any reviews for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1551x936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1551x936px
Hey guys! I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but Target is selling Laneige stuff now. I picked up the Water Sleeping Mask (one of my HG products) and a whole travel kit for $25 each. I could probably get them online for cheaper, but this way I don't have to deal with shipping.

So far, I've had great results with it. I take the bag with me when I spend the night at my boyfriend's house. And it's so nice to finally have a gigantic size of the Water sleeping mask.

I think they were selling the lip mask too, which is another thing I want to try.
>>
>>9220902
I'm addicted to Target so I've seen these products but I've yet to try them. Is Laniege generally hydrating or do they target any other skin problems? I'd imagine Target hikes up the price a bit since they're not made in America but it's quick access if you ever run out unexpectedly!
>>
>>9214288
Since around the beginning of this year I moved out of home, and unintentially dropped the Korean routine . Surprisingly my face hasn't got worse.

I've been deep into these Korean makeup threads since 2014. I enjoyed the routines - they were like a ritual. Ritualistic in that if you performed it correct eventually it will work out.
However face is still pock-marked from high school days, still get acne and my face looks perma-greasy, despite drinking water from my trustly 1.5L bottle since around 2014 as well. Though my skin got somewhat better in that the acne isn't as intense, I'm thinking that's just from hormones dying down. Those flawless, baby-skin Korean girls might just have been born incredibly lucky.
Also one of my closest friends from a different background eats nothing but junk food and her skin is multitudes better than mine.

>>9214470
Can you link the info delving into the "chemistry" behind it? I'd really like to have faith in this again.
>>
>>9177005
On teas, I've heard spearmint is good and I tried it and there does seem to be a bit of a difference. Now, that being said, there are no studies on it as far as I an find. So we're guinea-pigging ourselves. But I guess the worst that is likely to happen is we drink an extra cup of mint/rooibos tea, which definitely isn't the end of the world. Stuff tastes alright.
>>
>>9205765
Your family sounds like a bag of dicks. I'm glad your skin improved, congrats!
>>
>>9221530
>bag of dicks
Well, they're white so they have typical white humor. It was mostly my sister but it was out of jealously because she had her own problems too. The irritating part was they'd tell me my skin was bad but wouldn't do anything to help me with it. Example:

>middle school
>mom and aunt don't believe I'm washing my face properly
>go to the bathroom, wet my face with water and apply face soap to it
>showed them
>told me I was doing it wrong but just left it at that and continued their conversation

If I had this general (or someone who had access to it since I was in middle school) I think I wouldn't have had so many skin problems.

Anyway, thank you! Both my boyfriend and I grew up with bad skin so our children are doomed to experience it too; at least I'll know how to help them out.
>>
>>9221592
>The irritating part was they'd tell me my skin was bad but wouldn't do anything to help me with it.
That's being a bag of dicks, what is wrong with your relatives?

My mom isn't that knowledgeable about skin care (she has great skin naturally), but there was an attempt to help when I was dealing with cystic acne because I was lucky enough to inherit my dad's oily and acne-prone skin.
>>
>>9221668
>what is wrong with your relatives
They're not willing to lend out a helping hand unless asked desu. I've come to realize this as an adult since most things worthwhile have been self taught. As a result of no one helping unless asked, I've become weary of asking for help. That's why not only this general but 4chan overall has been a great help for me. If I ask a somewhat obvious question people can make fun of me but that doesn't stop me from discovering the answer or asking another question later.

All in all, I do love my family, don't get me wrong. When they're proud of me, they smother me with love and support (as it's been these past few years with school and continues to be that way). They're just not good at tackling issues.
>>
Perhaps a dumb question but if aloe dries up your face/burns your eyes should you stop using it as a moisturizer? I've read that you can also add a more emulsifying moisturizer for the dryness part, but does my eyes watering mean that aloe just isn't meant for me?
>>
>>9221986
I would stop using the aloe. I would also check the ingredients if you are using a commercial preparation, the aloe you are using could have alcohol or something in it that is irritating your eyes.
Aloe is not a great moisturiser which is why it is often recommended to people with oily skin.

>>9221005
I use a hybrid routine - the only evidence around is for actives, that's AHA, BHA and retinoids with a little bit of evidence for vitamin C and niacinamide. All the stuff like snake venom and snail filtrate etc. is not so well substantiated. My skin gets dry but oily at the same time from using AHA and retin-A, and there's no point having no acne if I'm flaking everywhere instead.
To be honest the majority of how your skin is will be determined by genetics + environment, but a good skincare routine should minimise the effects of this. Sun protection is probably the most important thing for ageing beyond genetics.

My partner tried to tell me my routine was a bunch of shit and that my skin was probably better because of my hormones improving, but for me this is definitely not the case - I deliberately stopped for a few weeks just to see if he was right and I was wasting my money, and all the acne came back again.
>>
>>9184361
Thanks anon, i didn't realise!
>>
>>9190771
Haha - yet such an undesirable feature! I am glad there are things that can help diminish them though
>>
>Start getting minor acne as an adult
>Cue intensive skin care routine
>Use all these steps and expensive products I can't read
>Nothing changes
>Cut it all out except moisturizer and cleanser
>All of a sudden my skin is the best it's been in months

I feel so silly. I think drinking more water lately has helped too.
>>
I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for a few weeks now and it seems alright.
What is the next thing I should add? A moisturizer?

I'm most concerned about getting rid of acne scars. Also I'm somewhat oily and always have acne (and am a boy (male) btw).
>>
Are pumice stones a meme or do they actually work?
>>
Has anyone experienced concentrated forehead breakouts after getting their eyebrows done (threaded in my case)? I thought it may be an initial reaction to perhaps a moisturiser/sanitiser the lady was using but it's gone through a few cycles of new pimples forming in an rea where I rarely had blemishes.
>>
>>9223106
Moisturiser next, definitely. Then you want to start adding actives to help with the acne.

>>9223118
Depends what you want them to work for

>>9223128
I do if I pluck my eyebrows all at once after letting them grow out - I swear all the hair on my face is concentrated in my brows and I have to get rid of half of them to get them to look decently groomed. It might be irritation following the threading and then ongoing irritation with the hair trying to grow back.
>>
I'm not quite sure what to expect from this but I hope it works.
Do you think a aha 10% cream will improve my old acne scars (they are not darker than the rest of my skin btw) and help me with sebaceous filaments?
>>
File: thankscgl.jpg (31KB, 410x599px) Image search: [Google]
thankscgl.jpg
31KB, 410x599px
These are the 6 products that this thread has introduced me to over the past 2 years that have made a huge difference in my skin.
Thanks for all the great advice anons.
>>
>>9223585
I tried to search that panda concealer but didn't success. Do you happen to have a link to place that would ship to Europe?
>>
>>9223591
I buy it from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/TONYMOLY-Pandas-Dream-Stick-Ounce/dp/B00IIFG4IG/
>>
>>9223593
Thank you anon. It doesn't ship to me but atleast I know the brand now, I just wanted to try bc other anon said it was good and cheap. I don't have much money to throw on a concealer atm and have super dark circles around eyes and similar spot in the middle of my nose. Plus yhe packaging is so cute! If eurofags have any concealer they prefer I would be more than happy to have some suggestions before I have my pay day.
>>
Best, safe way to get rid of a tan line? I forgot my sleeves were a tad short (and I wear full finger gloves) when I went cycling the other day, and now the top of my wrists are tan. It's like a reverse watch tan on both sides...
>>
>>9224316
lemon juice

gotta bleach the shit outta your skin
>>
Recommendations for a moisturizer that will help with acne scars? Or will any do?
>>
>>9221998
This anon knows what they're talking about. The ingredients they listed are indeed the only type of skincare proven to have any effect. Literally every other ingredient/product you've ever tried, from any brand, is a bet you're making with your skin and money, and as we all know that comes with some risks.

I work at Sephora and I know that the vast majority of the products are snake oil whether or not the industry wants it that way. I believe brands have good intention and are motivated to find solutions for their clients but science just hasn't shown results for the majority of ingredients. That's why skincare brands spend millions (likely billions) funding research studies in hopes of acquiring this type of information.

Most brands are either owned by large cosmetic companies (who have profit in mind), or independent entrepreneurs who cooked up recipes in their kitchen, or took home some rare exotic plant from another country where they swear by its healing properties for centuries. As long you stick to naturally-derived extracts and are supporting a brand you believe in, you're not doing any harm.

You do, however, need to become familiar with which specific ingredients work for different skin types and concerns. Brands will claim their products are for some or all skin types, which often seems like a deliberate lie and marketing ploy because it can aggravate and worsen people's skin if they are not paying attention and blindly trusting what brands put into their products.

Be careful with skincare, start slow and cheap, with gentle and simple products, as you learn your skin type/concerns and how they change throughout the year(s). Once you're familiar with how your skin reacts to environment, diet, product etc. then you can browse for an extended routine with ingredients that you know improve and maintain your skin's health. This could take years.
>>
>>9224316
Sunblock. Maybe try something with niacinamide. Lemon juice anon is trolling; lemon juice + sun = sunburns.
>>
>>9224499
You are likely to need more than just moisturiser and it depends what sort of scarring you have.
If it is surface spots/post inflammatory hyperpigmentation then trying retinol and/or vitamin C serums can be good for the fading the marks. You also want to try and encourage normal new skin growth so an AHA cream (glycolic acid, at least 10% concentration) could be useful as well.
If you have active acne some people find BHA/salicylic acid helpful for this.
However all these products can be drying so a separate moisturiser is probably needed. If you want more fading of marks then a moisturiser with niacinamide in it.
Then you need to be protecting your skin from UV as nearly all these treatments make your skin more UV sensitive, so you will need sunscreen as well.

If you have deeper scarring, like indents or raised areas on your skin where you can feel the texture is different then you can still try the above treatments. However you are likely to not get a complete result and realistically you may need something like microdermabrasion or dermarolling with someone reputable (i.e. not the first groupon voucher you see, go by word of mouth and see if you can find people who have had similar issues to you and ask what their results were) if you really want them to be completely gone. I would recommend waiting until your skin is doing well acne-wise before you go in for a treatment as irritation + active acne can lead to massive massive breakouts or possibly even skin infections. There are some 'home kits' available for these things but I would research a LOT before you do either at home because you don't want to make things worse.

If you don't understand what I mean by some of these terms please look at the Paula's Choice website as it actually has some decent explanations (e.g. the difference between post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and scars)
>>
I bought Innisfree's Volcanic Pore Cleanser recently and have been using it for roughly a week. It has been doing an excellent job at clearing up my skin, but last night before I went to bed I decided to put on a Simple moisturizer which I use infrequently. Woke up this today with spots all over my forehead, one on my chin, and one on my cheek. Is this a delayed effect of the Innisfree cleanser, or is the moisturizer quickly undoing the magic which the cleanser caused?
>>
>>9225716
Update, I cleansed and toned as usual (still transitioning to Korean skincare so I'm still using some western products; used a Lush teatree toner after the Innisfree cleanser) and the spots have significantly died down. Nowhere near as red or prominent. Looks like it was the moisturizer after all!

Think I'll have to pick up a Korean moisturizer, I've noticed that my skin has been reacting badly to drugstore products the last few months.
>>
I figure this would be a good place to ask. What do you do about stretch marks? Ballooned up at a point where I just didn't care, now I'm back to skinny, and I've got some unsightly white marks on my stomach.

Any help is appreciated
>>
>>9226913
Read the damn thread for previous replies.
>>9175346
>>9175656
>>
Was considering picking up The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil but I have dry skin, and going by reviews the product seems more suited for oily skin. Do any seagulls have it?
>>
>>9226913
disregard salty anon, two previous replies in a thread don't mean you're not allowed to seek other opinions to make an informed choice.
just wanted to add that, in my experience, nothing will ever get rid of them or drastically reduce them to the point where they aren't noticeable anymore, so don't go in with crazy high expectations. even incredibly expensive laser treatments only lighten the stretch marks and if you have deep/dark skin (like black dark skin) i've heard that lightening them can even sometimes make them more noticeable in the end, which is really a shame. can substantiate what >>9175656 said about retinoids potentially helping, it makes sense. i will argue against the moisturizer with vitamin a/vitamin e as pure vitamin e oil (bio oil is just an overpriced version of this and you can find more concentrated solutions on amazon if i'm not mistaken, they're much cheaper even if they're the same concentration though) is probably the most effective non-laser non-dermarolling way to lighten stretch marks. in my experience anything that will work on stretch marks will work on scars and vice versa (disclaimer: i am NOT recommending using heavy stretch mark reducing oils on your face as i have never tried it and it could be comedogenic, i'm strictly talking about the body here)
ymmv... and, honestly, the best thing you can do for yourself is accept and get used to your stretch marks because they will never ever fully go away. it's unfortunate but it's a part of gaining or losing too much weight rapidly. i will forever be mad jelly of people without stretchmarks, because i'm absolutely covered in them from gaining a shit ton of weight due to absolutely necessary medication combined with poor diet and lack of exercise.
>>
>>9227647
I have it, but I'm combo-oily rather than dry so I can't really speak to how drying it is. I never use it by itself, always in combination with a second cleansing step.
>>
>>9227647
The Rich version is what they recommend for dry skin. Do you react to mineral oil or olive oil? If you do, then this is a great alternative to them. If you don't, it is still worth a try since they are agreeable with many people who are bored with their current one
>>
As background i know very little about skin care. I have pretty normal skin and live(d) somewhere, where it is humid and hot practically year round. I never really used lotion unless i got a sunburn.
Ive started working at a certain coffee chain and the santizer solution we use destroys my hands like no other and makes it practically impossible to heal any cuts ill get on my hands, at least in a timely matter.
Does anyone have any suggestions on really repairing hand creme, at least for the dryness/hangnails, both portable and for at home? I have asian beauty stores like toly moly, natures republic and face shop nearby so im open to those types of suggestions.
Also stupid question: ive read to put on lotion and then wear gloves over night. Are they a special type of glove and where to i buy them? Like i said i live somwhere hot and humid so winter cotton gloves arent really something that ever come into stock around here.
>>
I mostly use the basic western routine mentioned in >>9174199
>CeraVe
>CosRx BHA blackhead power liquid
>CosRx Snail 92 All in One

I also have the Banila Co Clean it Zero. For the people that use the oil cleansers: do you use them every time you go through your routine? I figured it was something you used after a day of wearing makeup, in order to really get it all out.

I was also wondering: at what point in your routine do you usually put a mask on? Do you use it before cleansers, or do you use it after? Before your toner and moisturizer? I recently got the Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask, and I was wondering at what point in my routine would be the best placement for it, or how often would be best.
>>
>>9198180
Uhh, what you have is normal. Some people with dark skin have this. It's not weird.
>>
>>9233181
is it?
it still looks really bizarre to me and makes me self-conscious; plus i'm not actually that dark; i'm light brown.....
idk just looks gross to me
>>
>>9198180
By chance do you most often wear heavy jeans?
>>
Do any of you change your morning and afternoon products? I've heard of people using gentler cleansers in the morning, & then something stronger at night.

And do any of you struggle with bacne? Idk what the best way to deal with that is. It seems kind of impossible to do a process similar to your face because it's... harder to reach, obvs. I have a back scrubber and use cerave, but i feel like my back is gross af.
>>
>>9198221
I can vouch for this. Should have paid closer attention when a large mole was removed. My scar is smoother and lighter than the mole, so not too bad off I'd say, but I can see where someone else would be disheartened.
>>
>>9199259
They're good, not miracles.
I use benton snail bee steam cream and it does very well for the price point.
>>
>>9226913
Stretch marks aren't just surface scarring. They're deep scars so you can't get rid of them effectively.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good sunblock? I have oily skin and I think my pores are kind of big so I don't want anything to make that worse!
>>
>>9233270
yeah, i mainly wear jeans. idk if I'd say heavy though? my staple was the slim slack from american apparel until a few months ago, and I used to bicycle alot.

why do you ask?
>>
>>9233298
I swear by Biore Aqua Watery Gel. I have oily skin and am quite acne prone, this is one of the only sunscreens that doesn't break me out even in humid summer.

>>9233271
Yes, I use different products for morning and night. For my bacne I use benzoyl peroxide wash and cream which seems to dry it up nicely - most of my bacne is related to sweat and getting oily so that keeps it under control. I tried a similar routine to my face for it but it's just so damn hard to reach and it never seemed to help.

>>9233050
I don't have a mask in my routine right now but I would normally use it after first/oil cleanser, sometimes instead of second cleanser depending on what mask it was.

>>9232813
Use one of the eczema creams like Aveeno or even plain sorbolene. Apply it religiously - like every time you use the sanitizer. Broken skin means that anything with fragrances etc. is more likely to cause an allergic reaction because your skin barrier is gone, so I wouldn't recommend any Asian beauty products until your skin is in slightly better condition and you can use them to maintain rather than repair your skin. In terms of gloves - the gel ones are usually what people get for lotion, because the moisturisers don't seem to soak through them as much. See what you can find online.
>>
>>9233050
Personally, oil cleansers help with makeup and also sunscreen. If you wear one or both, I would use an oil cleanser. However, you can get by without using it. As for your masks, I would use it before your toner. Your mask acts like another cleanser whereas your toner is more of a hydrator.

>>9233271
Yes. People do change up their AM and PM cleanser. Like if you are dry skin, cleansers can be really drying so you can use a konjac sponge instead or some moisturizers are really heavy so they are more suited at night and just use a lighter one in the day
>>
I've recently been introduced to the Korean skincare process. I currently do most of the steps (but with cheapy American products)
Except the serum part.
This is something I've been looking into since it seems to be important for honing in on those specific problems. Are there any serums that are relatively cheap and effective? I've looked into the "It's Skin power 10 formula" line but reviews said none are effective.

Do you guys have any brands that are cheap to recommend? Or are all serums bogus? Help!
>>
>>9236889
What are your specific problems? I see the OST Vitamin C serum recommended a lot for evening out skintone/discoloration, as one example.
>>
>>9174197
Im black and am naturally on the lighter side but Working outside has given me an uneven tan on my forearms, face and neck.
How can i get rid of it/even out my skin.
Its really ugly and looks wierd to have my upperbody be two differend shades of brown.
>>
>>9236929
I could use a little bit of everything. my skin is fairly hydrated already though so I don't need one that does JUST that. Pore shrinking could be good...anti-wrinkles, evening etc. Pretty much anything.

And that stuff does look pretty cheap and has good reviews! Thanks for the recommendation!
>>
>>9236942
Be sure to buy from trusted sellers just in case you're not already aware (like Jolse, both on their site and on Amazon). Counterfeits tend to be really common for popular products like the OST serum
>>
>>9179890
Thanks so much for all the reviews!! I've recently turned 24 and been having some issues with breakouts/ pimples/ etc so I came here seeking advice on how to take better care of my skin. I looked into some of the products you listed, and found others from the thread sold bythe same seller!

My package arrived today and i'm so pleased with it I plan to make another bulk order next week!
>>
I want to develop a skin care routine but I don't know where to start.

My specs:

>Adult acne flareups monthly
>Otherwise decent skin
>Oily forehead and nose, but dry patches near mouth
>Pale and would like to keep it that way
>Dark circles for days
>Don't wear makeup of any kind

Currently I use Clean & Clear Deep Action Scrub (or the DG knockoff brand) as an all-purpose face wash in the morning or at night, depending on when I shower. For the occasional acne spot I use Clean & Clear persa-gel and leave it on overnight, dries things up very well. I have a few puffy scars from acne that I picked at and didn't heal right and have been achieving really nice results on them with Bio Oil.

I'm going to pick up the panda stick everyone likes tomorrow, but I need advice on developing a full routine. I want the dewy look and used to use Yes to Cucumbers moisturizer until they changed the recipe and it started burning my skin.

TL;DR what's a good routine for a non-makeup-wearer?
>>
So I don't see much talk about an charcoal based products in this thread. Is the trend already over or was it really baseless in the first place? I just bought Garnier's Clean+ Shine Control cleansing gel for oil skin. I'm about to test it out tomorrow, but would like to know the general consensus about charcoal products.
>>
>>9236889
I have dry skin and I love The Face Shop Baby Leaf Green Tea Waterfull Serum
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.