[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Florida General: Too Many Cons Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 28

File: image.png (34KB, 280x70px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34KB, 280x70px
Supercon announced their dates to coincide with TBCC and AFO next year. Thoughts? As well as there being some free Ultracon event and Space Coast Comic Con next weekend, Animate! Florida, Treasure Coast Comic Con, and PalmCon.
>>
Is Shadocon big enough to get mentioned in these threads or is it considered local?
I'm going and have a few friends going too.
>>
>>9165301
>>9165301
Four big-huge cons (including Metrocon) on consecutive weeks. TOTAL middle finger to all the dealers/artists/attendees who usually support a number of these every year. Sure, attendees can visit each if they want, but if you usually attend them all days, now you have to decide which one you will, if any. And, if dealers are big enough, they can man tables at two or more of them that weekend. What about the artists, though? If they usually sell at two or more, they will make less profit since they have to stay at one all weekend.

The only event that gets a pass is the one that announced their dates first. The rest are just interested in screwing the others and attempting to kill them, since they most likely could have scheduled for dates in June, earlier in July, or in August.
>>
I find it amusing that someone was complaining on the Supercon event page that everything has been moved to ft. lauredale and Supercon was just super passive aggressive in responding to them.
Moving the date to coincide with TBCC and AFO is also a dick move since they've always had their event on the 4th of july weekend.
I'm annoyed about having to travel for every con now but oh well.
>>
>>9165301
neither supercon, nor afo, nor tbcc fall on the same weekend
>>
RIP Miami peeps.
>>
>>9165301
also i know a lot of soflo peeps who are annoyed with broder moving supercon up to ft lauderdale. first he takes it out of the MACC, then he takes it out of Miami Beach.

>inb4 he takes it out of Florida
>>
>>9165301
there's rumors that Megacon was planning to do a third event down here in Miami. they'd be wise to jump on that since Broder left.
>>
>>9165301
i think it was wise that Irving brought Ultracon down here since Broder left. Smart business move.
>>
>>9165885
All three are on the same weekend next year. Check it.
>>
>>9165990
AFO is Aug 17-20

I just double checked the dates, and I was wrong on two of them. Supercon and TBCC are on the same weekend.
>>
File: image.png (124KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124KB, 750x1334px
>>9166625
Really?
>>
>>9166625
Not sure where you're seeing that, but their Facebook page and website both say July 28-30.
>>
>>9165897
Nobody goes to Ultracon though
>>
>>9167097
I don't see why anyone would go to Ultracon. That con is pretty shitty overall.
>>
>>9167143
Yeah..never going to Ultracon again.
>>
I applaud Broder for making Super more accessible by pulling it from Miami Beach (on 4th of July weekend it's overpriced, clusterfuck of tourists, so everyone ends up very frustrated).

But this isn't the first time he shares a weekend with another con is it? Didn't he do this with AFO a year or two ago?
>>
>>9167594
Doesn't justify it. Just confirms he's a shitlord most of the time.
>>
>>9167448
Yeah, same. Not going back there even though it's free now as I recall. It's a waste of time.
>>9167594
He's done that multiple times. Not just with Super, but other cons he runs/backs.
>>
What is usually the better con, Supercon, TBCC or AFO?
>>
>>9168586
I prefer AFO, but I'm a weeb, so I'm pretty biased.
>>
>>9168586
AFO if you want to get drunk and party, Super and then TBCC if you're a vendor/artist looking to bank. I prefer TBCC as the con center is one i'm more familiar and at home with since it houses Metrocon.
>>
Why have Hero Hype this weekend since many Floridians are at DragonCon?
>>
>>9170681
Because Hero Hype is always dead as fuck, so it wouldn't make a difference anyways. Also, I must really be out of touch with the Florida cosplay community because I only know maybe one person doing Dragoncon. Most Floridians I meet are too broke for Dragoncon.
>>
>>9167595
>Just confirms he's a shitlord most of the time.
He's been a confirmed shitlord for years
>>
>>9170681
I think it has less to do with being on dragoncon weekend and more that Hero Hype sucks
>>
Is anyone going to Orlando Japan Festival in November, or has anyone ever been? Looks fun, for a free day event.
>>
>>9165889
If you're from the old days, you'd know that con started out in Ft. Lauderdale before being in Miami.
>>
>>9171866
I have gone twice. I loved it. The Japanese food is abundant. The vendors are otherwise not too memorable. Some cool content on mainstage as well. Overall expect a comfy afternoon. Especially great if the weather is cold and you have a lot of friends to go with, which is how I remember it.

If I manage to get back out to Orlando this year for it I'd be happy to go again. I moved away this past month.
>>
So the airport in my town is opening up flights to Destin. I don't know much about Florida cons. Are Nakamacon, Pensacon, or FANDOM con any good? Looking for the cons closebye.
>>
>>9174664
Nakamacon looks like fun if you're a One Piece fan. I've been dying to go there, but I live in the deep south of Miami.

https://youtu.be/eCUQimKSoTw
>>
>>9174664
Pensacon is garbage and cancerous.
Fandom is small, not a negative just a fact.
Nakamacon is a One Piece party.
>>
>>9174664
None of them
>>
>>9165311
>Is Shadocon big enough to get mentioned in these threads or is it considered local?

It's moved to a hotel well out of Tampa where the kitchen is bigger than the con space. That should tell you a lot about it. This little stain of a con hasn't been worth going to in years so hopefully it'll finally go away.
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 750x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 750x933px
Well, here come the shitty gijinkas
>>
>>9178901
Just when you thought Ultracon couldn't get crappier.

>inb4 this thing enters the contest and wins.
>>
>>9178901
>>9178976
>limiting people to cosplaying only a single subject will up the interest and participation in the contest

And this is why I hope ultra is the next con to bit the dust
>>
What cons are even left in Miami if Broder moves his events back to Fort Lauderdale? Mizucon? Damn, I hate to say it, but I wish Broder wouldn't have moved his events out of Miami if we're going to be left only with that shit fest Ultracon. I mean there's still Mizucon too, but it was nice to have Florida Supercon, Animate Miami, ect in the area.
>>
>>9179268
I guess there's Outcon, OKAMA con now (?) and Hurricon if it revives again
>>
>>9179268
Not trying to be a dick but I'm genuinely curious why Miami is better location. The difference in travel time if you live in Miami is less than an hour. All the hotels up here are way cheaper and its far less crowded in general. Parking at supercon is always a huge hassle and its expensive if you plan to stay anywhere for the duration of the event. South Florida local and I hate driving through Miami.

Besides hes going to move it back to Miami next year anyway. Its just because of construction.
>>
We're a week away is anyone planning on going to animate?
>>
Anyone who is going to the Ultracon event tell me how bad it is
>>
>>9179299
Outcon and Okamacon are two different events by the same people I think, so we basically have two gay pride events and a MAYBE con. I wish they would continue Hurricon.

>>9179860
I wasn't saying that because I think Miami is a better location. I was trying to say that as a Miami native it's a bit more inconvenient for us. The difference in travel time between Miami and Fort Lauderdale? Not if you live in Kendall, Cutler Bay, or Homestead. Traffic here is terrible. Not to mention most of the cosplayers I meet here don't really travel to cons outside of Miami. Not exactly sure why because the ones I meet from Central Florida are all over the map.
>>
>>9180064
The one friend I had to go to cons with moved for College so now I don't have anyone to go with. For the first time in two and a half years I probably won't go and that depresses me immensely.
>>
This makes me so mad. The Supergirls will never be utter shit. Far left is supposed to be Hitmonchan? Because boxing gloves are too hard. Or anything at all because she looks like a random normie who strolled in. They gave Harley's Love Shack's sad boobs the "Sexy" cosplay with makeup that looks like a rash on her leg. Ahri Tails with that costume satin. Jiggly looking shiny af, have these people never heard of powder? And budget JNigs over there, no comment.
>>
>>9180502
These girls are all very pretty and that's great for them, but can we talk about how they all look straight out of one of those Simplicity imitation patterns that are supposed to appeal to cosplayers? It's just basic as hell, all that shiny satin.
>>
>>9180502
The "supergirls" promo costumes have always been shit though. Nothing different anon
>>
>>9180502
I saw this recently and couldn't tell that was a Hitmonchan, Jigglypuff, and Ninetails. I thought they were just random anime/video game girls.

>>9180626
It's a Broder con tradition.
>>
>>9180626
Oh yeah, they've always sucked. I would just hope some day their budget/time could be a bit better for the cosplays and shoops. But since it's tradition and Broder is shit to cosplayers, that will never happen.
>>
>>9180064
I'll be there Sat only. Im curious to see how it is at the new center. Although, I'm expecting attendance to be way done. Havent seen a lot of posts about it
>>
>>9168057
Concidering going to ultra. Whats so wrong with it?
>>
>>9181563
Basically Shit owner and staff. It's a really disorganized con with Poor attendance and not worth the prices they charge
>>
>>9181607
>Not worth the prices they charge
Yes, it's not worth attending even though it's free.
>>
Anyone interested in meeting up at animate? I'll be there on saturday.
>>
>>9181612
Not sure where you're getting that info. One look on their site shows a $30 day attendance fee for sat/$20 fee for Sunday or $40 for the weekend.

Agreeing with >>9181607 not worth
>>
>>9181623
I might possibly be. Gonna see what the vibe at the con is first
>>
>>9181612
The only ones getting in for free are kids 10 & under.. nice try irving
>>
>>9181805
>>9181623
Is animate just going to be supercon 2
>>
>>9182050
It's always been that. I think most people are going to skip. A lot of cosplayers I follow who go every year aren't this time. Wouldn't be surprised if numbers are low
>>
>>9181803
>>9181807
"A FREE COMIC-CON - FREE FREE FREE EVENT THAT'S RIGHT MIAMI GET READY! FREE ADMISSION FOR EVERYONE"

That's what it said on their event page on facebook. I was actually being serious when I said it wasn't worth attending even though it was free.
>>
>>9182171
That's their smaller event that happened yesterday..their other event at the MACC isn't free
>>
>>9182171
What>>9182315 anon said. You'd be crazy to think Irving does this for any reason other than to make a quick buck
>>
Space coast comic con was so dead. I didn't expect much, but damn.
>>
>>9180502
They look like Party City ads.
>>
>>9182859
thats offensive anon, party city ads look way better
>>
>>9182315
>>9182343
...Oh, I thought that was the Ultracon event we were talking about since it was the most recent one.
>>
>>9182966
Considering their event is less than a month away most were talking about their main event but I understand the confusion.
>>
>>9183024
Yeah, my bad. I totally forgot they were doing one in the MACC too. Hell, I didn't even remember it was less than a month away. Ultracon isn't exactly a con I pay too much attention to.
>>
>>9183280
Same
>>
So whats everyones plans for animate? Are you attending or skipping this year?
>>
>>9184675
Skipping until they move back to Miami. >:(
>>
>>9184688
I'd love for them to go back to Miami but I think I'm going Saturday.
>>
>>9184675
Gonna be there all weekend. Sucks for those that live in miami. I couldnt go to super con when it was in miami beach. But they announced they are also moving to Ft laurdale. So im planning on going there too.
>>
>>9185056
Same. I'm headed to Animate. I went to Super the first year they moved to miami beach and it ended up being too stressful to get from the hotel to con center with my cosplay and the traffic. If animates good in Ft. lauderdale I'll def go to Supercon
>>
Can't make it to Animate this year, but I'm thinking about Anime Iwai. Did anyone go to the Mini Iwai and think it's worth going to?
>>
>>9185521
I honestly thought Mini Iwai was a great event even though it wasn't huge.
I'll be going to Animate as well
>>
What cons are left in Florida this year? Animate, Ultracon, Anime Iwai, and Holiday Matsuri?
>>
>>9186646
Paradise city
>>
>>9186646
Spooky Empire in Orlando in early Oct

Tampa Megcacon on Halloween weekend
>>
>>9186646
PalmCon next weekend
>>
>>9186855
Damn, I thought this was like during January for whatever reason.
>>
>>9187738
It used to be
>>
>>9187847
They should have left it that way. I don't think any cons really happen during January?
>>
>>9187955
This will always bother me, since we live in Florida and all.

>Hot as balls all year
>Jan and Feb it finally becomes bearable weather
>No cons

for what purpose. Too many people in school?
>>
>>9188030
No idea, but you'd imagine someone would take advantage of being the only con available during one of those months.
>>
>>9188118
I hope someone picks up on it eventually. I guess I get that Megacon and Supercon are huge cons that want to attract as many attendees as possible, and summer is a huge travel time, so they can cast the widest net when all the kids arent in school, people are traveling and visiting Orlando/Miami anyway, so....

But yeah, I hate that I can't wear any costume that covers me more than shorts and a short sleeve shirt and not sweat my ass off in it.
>>
>>9188222
Megacon isn't always during summer though. I think it's usually around March/April? Usually it's like the first con of the year... or at least first major one.

Yeah, it gets pretty hot. I remember going to Supercon one year and the a/c broke or something... Good times.
>>
Anyone went to Animate Florida today? How was it?
>>
>>9188267
The lack of responses does not bode well for the con's attendance.
>>
>>9188267
Place was dead, but it is the first day, hopefully there's more people coming Saturday and Sunday
>>
>>9188267
I came here to get a scope for how that con is before I head out there and try to just hall-con it. Yipes.
>>
>>9187955
>>9188030
>>9188118
>>9188222
Hotel rooms in the winter are scare and very high priced during the winter months in Florida. Hotels won't schedule cons then because they can get more money for rooms from regular tourists.

>>9188242
Megacon's new corporate owners moved the con to Memorial Day and don't expect it at any other time for the forseeable future.
>>
>>9188267
I was there today, iwas okay. A little smaller than supercon, and the dealer's room was TINY. They barely had any guests but seemed to have a good number of panels. No fantastic cosplays or anything though.
>>
>>9189220
*it was
>>
Is Animate going back to the MACC next year or are they staying in Broward from now on?
>>
>>9188267
It was enjoyable for me. More packed than I expected so it was like a smaller Supercon.
>>
The contest at animate was laughable. I was sitting there watching it thinking how did any of these people win (besides the amazing junkrat) there were a lot of nice ones that looked finish but lost out to hot glue and duck tape
>>
Tbh I never understood the complaints about parking in Miami Beach, even on 4th of July. Just don't follow Cuban time and get there early. Not at 10, not at 11. If the con starts at 10 just show up at 9 and grab a coffee at Dunkin or something.
>>
Animate attendance was horrifyingly low Friday, Saturday was about 12-15 times as crowded. Dealer's room was completely empty all day Friday. Stood in the cross section of two aisles and didn't see a single person walking the hall or in a booth. It's shocking how different the two were...

Only one real booth I've seen in the hall worth a damn (Retro Saikou). Mostly selling Love Live stuff but there's some good books and the prices are low for a con. They only sell games online so that's kind of disappointing. They were at Supercon too. Other than that, the usual figure vendors -- Good Guys Bad Guys is one of the few I recognize from outside FL, but their prices seem high lately -- and a few that have like... not sure how to explain this but they have like several counters made from tables, with shelves on top? Their prize figure prices are real bad but they have a good number of small, cheap items. Lots of bootleg shirts/prints/etc around, seems like staff doesn't give a shit.

I'm sure Supercon was lying about their attendance number (by a lot) and it looks like they're doing the same routine with Animate. Unfortunately I doubt vendors and artists are going to leave in large enough numbers to make it change. A buddy of mine is running a AA booth and isn't even sure he'll break even after booth + travel expenses.
>>
>>9189655
also to follow up on the Miami/Ft Lauderdale change

I'm all for it because that's like, $400 less for the hotel, and parking is a fucking mess. Yeah, you can show up early and find spaces but the roads/drivers there are the worst. Parking at hotels is more of a challenge than the actual con center there. It's also a pretty bad area, I'd like to avoid it in the future. Not sure how this building is going to hold Supercon though, the vendor/artist hall is tiny compared and there's not that much room outside of it. Maybe there's another hall or two that opens up.
>>
>>9189655
>>9189660
Word on the street is that multiple vendors showed up and were given an extra booth for free, without any prior notice. Now I heard this from an artist, but if it's true that means Animate undersold that small room.
>>
>>9189554
Wow Hanari self post harder
>>
Grats to Hanari for the masters award! Well deserved!

New location is good and about the perfect size for Animate. Big enough to have space to move but not so huge as too have a bunch of empty wasted space. That said I am having a hard time seeing the supercon crowd of this year fit into the venue, too small for it with the crowds that show has been getting. Parking was easy with the parking garage. Dont buy onsite food or drinks people. 4$ for a coke is insane when there is Walgreens within 5 minute walking distance.

Didn't see much I was into in the way of panels or events. The guest list also isn't so hot for a show of this size. It nice that its close enough that I don't have to stress over a hotel for once though.

Basically just cruised the dealers hall, picked up some gunpla and mecha merch and then watched the Variety show and costume contest. Might go back tomorrow.
>>
>>9189711
not hanari just someone who sincerely believes finished cosplays should win prizes over ones that look like a hot mess.
Only reason I mentioned hers was because it looked the most put together (to me) over the other ones I saw.
>>
>>9189694
They announced this a few weeks ago on their FB page.
>>
>>9188030
Fusion con had their first con in February in New Port Richey and it had a ridiculous turn out for a first time con. I really enjoyed it too, its in an area where there are no con wars and it felt like how conventions were 10 years ago. They had another one day thing yesterday and had to move to a bigger area than the last one because of how many people showed up.

Definitely putting my money into supporting the small cons I like around here so they're able to get a start on becoming better. The big cons around here especially in south Florida just seem vicious when it comes to weeding out the competition.
>>
>>9165889
there actually are rumors that Broder is trying to hold a con out of state. He should still have all the other cons though.
>>
I'm shocked how dead animates been all weekend. The future of broder cons isn't looking too well
>>
>>9190229
I would hardly call it dead. Saturday was pretty full atleast, Sunday Sunday is definitely sleepier though.
>>
>>9190217
It's not a rumor. https://raleighsupercon.com/
>>
File: Screenshot_20160918-170848.png (397KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160918-170848.png
397KB, 1440x2560px
>>
File: Screenshot_20160918-170836.png (428KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160918-170836.png
428KB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>9191077

You should probably post the comments too where she gets called out by the commissioner
>>
>>9190259
Was there Saturday and it was definitely not as packed as Saturday normally is at broder cons
>>
>>9191077
>>9191080
To be fair I can see where she's coming from. A few of the contestants that won were actually official cosplay guests the con paid to be there. Also several of my friends that cosplay told me one of the guys that won was bragging about how he knew Broder or something like that
>>
File: tp.jpg (13KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
13KB, 341x341px
Back from Animate. Went because I live close enough to go without worry.

End result is that it wasn't really anything special. For a con called animate, it didn't feel all that alive. The other cons I attend such as AFO, AWA and HolMat are way more exciting and have that energy and culture that a con really needs.

Was happy to see a functional game-room, though there was nothing I wanted to play. It just felt like a smaller supercon, which frankly is a let-down but I also should have expected it.

Shoutouts to Hanari, thanks again for fixing my wig. Was nice talking to you.
>>
>>9191077
>>9191080
>>9191113
Guess that explains why she was so catty with me when I was asking her about her prop and complimenting her work after the supercon contest backstage. I'm not going to repost, but check out the comments on that girls post. Seems like she has a habit of taking credit for other peoples work and walking away with cash prizes for it.
>>
>animate was a dismally tiny con
>still ended up getting followed by a con creep
>>
Animate was def smaller this year. Not sure if its the location change or something. Cause of that Im somewhat debating on going to paradise city comic con. Met lots of great people there.
>>
>>9190599
Barf. If Broder thinks hes gonna take over the whole east coast con circuit hes got another thing coming.
>>
>>9191621
His waistline may take over the whole East Coast.
>>
File: 1414035624590.jpg (7KB, 164x232px) Image search: [Google]
1414035624590.jpg
7KB, 164x232px
>>9191657
>>
>>9184688
>>9184712
>>9179860
Just confirmed, most of the Broder cons are gonna stay in Ft. Lauderdale in the future.
>>
File: dickbutt.gif (317KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
dickbutt.gif
317KB, 1000x720px
AFO-- the confirmed dates for 2017 are June 9th - June 11th 2017. A few vendors have been notified early, but the site was updated without permission so now everyone knows a bit earlier than intended.

Hanari, grats on your award, your costume looked great. I hope you found my friend with the other junkrat keychains.

There will be no more current Broder run cons in Miami. They are staying in Ft.Lauder. And as much as I feel icky about broder-run events, Animate wasn't that bad. I'm sure the attendance will get better when attendees from miami give in and attend next year.

Yes, they did overbook the space they needed and gave artists another entire table for free. And animate only felt smaller because a bit of vendors skipped Animate in order to display at Space Coast CC and FanFest Orlando. Both of which flopped.
>>
Supercon going to be in Broward too?
>>
>>9191918
yep all events will be at the ft lauderdale cpn center this coming year
>>
>>9191077
>>9191080
Saw she deleted it after getting called out. also like >>9191124 a lot of people after the contest were crying rigged. Wouldnt be shocking desu
>>
>>9189851
For vendors as well? The artists, or at least the one I know, were aware they were being given extra space, the vendors on the other hand were not given prior notice.

I think the reasons for that are:
1. Broder undersold the room tremendously.
2. Vendors pay more for space than artists and are more likely to purchase more than one booth.
3. So Broder didn't want his room empty, and didn't want anything in writing about giving some vendors extra space.
4. In the end some vendors paid for 1 booth and got 2. Some that paid for 2, still only got 2. If I was a vendor that paid 400? 500? for a space some were given for free, I'd ask for a fucking refund. But because this was never put into writing, vendors can't do shit.

Usual underhanded Broder shit.
>>
>>9191077
I don't see this post anymore. Anyone happen to screenshot the comments??
>>
>>9192271
Basically the person she commissioned her prop from called her out on it then apparently said she ripped all the wip photos and claimed them as her own on her insta
>>
>>9180502
Who the hell gets paid to photoshop these pictures??? It looks like they arent even trying.
>>
>>9192354
>Who the hell gets paid to photoshop these pictures???
implying someone actually gets paid
>>
>>9191129
Animate was a bit livelier when it was in Miami. Though it also may be because they had a bigger place to work with this time around in Ft. Lauderdale, but had less vendors due to other cons that occurred earlier before.

Originally, I used to go to both Supercon and Animate, but dropped Supercon after last year due to how absurdly overcrowded it was and it not really having a whole lot outside of being for the comic book/sci-fi TV show/movies crowd (which, in all fairness, is what its target crowd is meant for). Their game room was also an absolute nightmare last year.

An big room filled with arcade machines sounded really great, until you realized that because the con was so packed, it was absolutely impossible to get around in the arcade room because there were too many people playing and waiting for their turns.

I skipped Supercon this year and went to Animate this past weekend, instead. It definitely was a bit more livelier during Saturday, while Sunday started off slowly. But all in all, I found it enjoyable. Really dug Retro Saikou's booth, too.
>>
>>9189744
Thanks man! I'm glad I got to see you there and I'm glad you stayed for the contest!

>>9191129
No problem yo. You can chill behind my booth any time. (If I ever have another one)

>>9191833
I bought literally everything Junkrat related that I could find at Animate. I definitely got that keychain.
>>
Haven't been to Paradise City/Magic City CC, how does the size compare to Animate/Supercon? Much of an anime presence there? They don't boast an inflated attendee count on their site so I'm guessing it's small.
>>
My Mew World Order Pokémon League also saw record low numbers, and no one attended what I thought was going to be a popular Pokémon Go Panel.
>>
>>9192874
>and no one attended what I thought was going to be a popular Pokémon Go Panel.
To be fair, Pokémon Go has seen a sharp decline in usage recently. Blame the fact that it's a mobile game, which tend to be mostly "flavor of the month" sort of things. People either moved on from it or moved up to the actual games, if 3DS game sales are to go off of anything.
>>
>>9193089
Im glad its dying. I would hate to go to a con shuffle through every person playing pokemon go not paying attention to anything
>>
Does anybody have a picture of the guy who won best in show this weekend? He's hidden in the 360 picture on their facebook page.
>>
Are Swampcon or Pensacon any good? Theyre the only cons I was finding in Florida in the Spring. But also who the fuck does Pensacon think they are charging $80 for a weekend pass??
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 528x960px
>>9193554
Here you go. I was really shocked this won sorry to say. By the time the contest was over their body paint was super chalky and blotchy
>>
>>9193661
>out-of-bag wig
>inaccurate claws
>no contacts
>barely any makeup

there's a lot of fabric there but this doesn't scream 'best in show' to me
>>
>>9193678
I don't think it screamed best in show to anyone on the audience
>>
Hey, anyone going to be at PalmCon this weekend? I'm playing at 3:00 PM on Sunday
>>
>>9193661
Wow this is utter shit
>>
>>9193620
I seem to recall pensacon somehow got some cool guests so they prob think they're cool shits and are charging big. Until said guests drop.
>>
What was up with the random fire alarm on Saturday?
>>
>>9193837
There always seems to be a fire alarm on Saturday...it must be a tradition.
>>
>>9193688
Opinions of the other winners?
>>
>>9193620
Swampcon is just UF's con, not really worth going to unless you live there. It's free and small, there are no real events or guests, it skews towards very young crowd (a lot of high schoolers and young college age attend), hasn't had a real dealer room, etc etc... I've seen some decent panels there in the sea of garbage but it probably doesn't have much of interest.
>>
>>9193852
What else won?
>>
File: IMG_1633.jpg (267KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.jpg
267KB, 960x640px
>>9193869
>>
>>9193879
It's hard to really tell from this photo.
>>
>>9193881
Best in Show- Vladimir
Con Chair- Sandman
Master's Award- Junkrat
Craftsmanship- Beauty and the Beast
Best Individual Journeyman- Sinbad
Best Individual Novice- Lux
Best Junior: Foxy
Best Prop- Kenny Ackerman
Best Group- Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Blastioise
Best Novice Group- Ho-Oh and Lugia
Best individual Uncertified- Mandalorian
Best OC- Firebird
Judges Awards- Vayne, Sudowoodo, Jasper
>>
>>9193901
That Sandman shouldn't have won anything. His arms looked like a toddler spray painted expanding foam.
>>
>>9193933
Its a con chair award. It's just whatever they like. Why so salty?
>>
>>9193944
Broder's award was the second biggest award in the show. Anon probably didn't get an award and is salty that some rando in a shirt and long arms got $500 and they didn't.
>>
File: 1.jpg (156KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
156KB, 720x1280px
>>9193879
Is that George Zimmerman.
>>
>>9193852
A lot of people were pissed about the winners of best group since I guess its members were paid by broder to be at the con but their cosplays were better than a lot of other groups. Best novice looked pretty good and detailed for that category. The other groups that won had pretty poorly executed costumes. Lots of murmuring about the best craftsmanship award. People saying she had worn that and won at another contest. Can't be mad about con chair award since its Broders random choice.

Personally It comes down to the judges, none of which are amazing crafters. They came off pretty full of themselves but nothing new for a supercon/animate event
Biggest pet peeve was that the kid who was silver surfer didn't get anything. Their posing and outfit were spot on
>>
I'm honestly surprised a few people actually recognized I went as the Dragon Quest V hero. Definitely a step up from being somehow mistaken for Spike Spiegel and Space Dandy when I went to Supercon and Animate last year as JoJo Part 4 Josuke.
>>
>>9193987
So I'm guessing you entered and are mad you didn't win?
>>
>>9194007
Nope. Just a spectator in the audience. Used to enter contests but then it would eat up my Saturday at the cons.

If you can't accept an honest opinion and feedback on what was observed perhaps you're one of the people I was mentioning? Not every opinionated person is a salty contestant.
>>
>>9193987
Silver Surfer?
>>
>>9194214
Meant quicksilver. That's what I get for late night posting
>>
I really think it's in poor taste for cosplay guests to enter the contest.
>>
>>9194022
Not sure how you could say the judges seemed full of themselves if you weren't being judged in contest... Just cause on stage they don't even talk lol. Seems like a shallow unvalidated opinion is all - if you were just a spectator I mean. When I talked to them after the show they all seemed pretty 'down to earth'. I'm sure what won had its reasons for winning, same for what didn't. If someone lost they can just work to get better and win next time.
>>
>>9194369
I've had past interactions with them and they've always given me that impression. Happened to be standing by me when the other panel was finishing up before the contest and the conversation I overheard seemed vapid and self absorbed. But I guess everyone's entitled to that in private conversation. If they were nice to you that's great.
>>
>>9193661
Not surprised this won if >>9193879
Was the competition. Jesus the contests really gone downhill
>>
So what conventions are next? I know Paradise City, Shado, and Holmat are coming up but are there any other noteworthy ones?
>>
>>9194522
Ultracon And megacon Tampa are coming up. Anyone going to those?
>>
>>9194522
I know there is Anime Iwai which use to be chibi pa. Not sure if it's any good never been.
>>
>>9194529
He said "noteworthy", not "infamous"
>>
>>9194544
Mini iwai was pretty good for a new con gonna check out the actual one
>>
>>9194563
I heard the mini one was good thats why i mentioned it. So I was thinking of checking it out.
>>
>>9194529
Megacon Tampa Bay sounds alright, probably just a smaller Megacon. It's also at the tampa CC (same as Metrocon) so a familiar area for me.
>>
Who judged Animate this year?

And hoping to hit MegaTampa at least one day. Karl Urban, yo.
>>
I hope Brodercons go out of business. seems like they're getting desperate now too after underselling. They're suing an ex-employee they fired for not being able to get enough volunteers since they moved the show to ft. laud. Every since sandy got more influence in these shows they've gone downhill. Once they got married I knew it was game over.
>>
>>9195371
Kiki Kannon, Handsome Jordan and Miggy Jeager were the judges I belive
>>
>>9195925
Why do people pick the stupidest things for their cosplay name
>>
>>9195890
Realistically there's no way they'd go under at their current attendance. It would take a mass number of attendees and vendors to shove out to close Animate. Supercon will never go anywhere because it is massive.

Having worked with event organization (not anime cons) before, I can tell you they're making an absurd amount from the vendors alone. Animate is much smaller, but an event of that scale is still worth doing. The vendor room undersold and it's not giant, but it's not exactly small, either. At that size, you make a lot more from attendees than vendors...

Animate was (public info if you checked the vendors page) 154 paid booths at about $600 each -- corners were more, but there was likely a discount for registration far in advance and some deals might have been made, so that's $92.4k. Artists might have contributed about $13k and then you've got the premium artist/publisher/video game booths and sponsorships.

Let's say the average attendee paid $50 for a pass (Saturday was $40, weekend $60-70). At 10k attendees, that's $500k -- more than 5 times the vendors alone. Unless the people walk, the con will stay strong, and the vendors will come out to make their money (or try to, anyway). Artists will be the first to leave, the smart attendee might bail, but it would take something bigger to stop the average attendee.

For those reasons it's kind of hard to expect them to improve when all is well, just about everything about the show and their presentation is lacking.
>>
>>9196067
to clarify -- the absurd amount from vendors comment was meant for supercon, not animate. That room is ... just unbelievably large, and it's 125% the cost.
>>
>>9195890
This is definitely not the reason and you have no idea what you're talking about. Jimmy was let go for very different reasons.
>>
>>9196070
Also you have to take into account the free booths/tables that are given out, but I still agree with you.
>>
>>9195890
>They're suing an ex-employee they fired

Whats that dirt?
>>
>>9194580
I saw Iwai is giving away a 3D printer. That's actually a decent prize for such a small con. If it's anything like chibi pa the costumes will be terrible. Might be worth entering.
>>
>>9196367
They're suing him for entering their system without authorization and for possibly selling trade secrets to competitors. Pathetic or what
>>
So... on the topic of Miami cons. I hear Cool Japan (FIU anime con) has potential assuming it'll happen again.
>>
>>9197289
I heard this too, looking forward to going if it does happen
>>
How was palmcon? I forgot it was this weekend
>>
>>9198930
So did most of the population.
>>
>>9198930
It was small but good all things considered. Def a family/kid con. Panels weren't bad and the dealers room didn't really have anything too interesting but it was relaxing and saw plenty of families having fun. Costume contest was a joke natch, but who didn't see that coming.
>>
Yeah, definitely a family con.

I really want it to do well, West Palm Beach is a really underserved area.
>>
>>9195925
Miggy was a host. Haiden Hazard was the third judge.
>>
So whats next? Anyone going to ultra?
>>
>>9201758
I tired looking at the website for ultra. Can't find the guest list page.
>>
>>9204363
Their isn't any. What a bad show
>>
>>9201758
was going to consider going but I find the tickets too expensive
>>
Prices don't seem terrible I suppose... but there is no way to view guest or programming on the site? How do I even know what my money will be going to?? Seems like a gamble. They could have 0 panels or guest that interest me. They show some guest in the blog but no actual page...? I think I would rather save to do some other events.
>>
>>9204660
I've been to UltraCon. Trust me, it's a bad show
>>
>>9204971
Well, it's a good show if you like wrestling. Not really comic book or cosplay related. You can thank the organizer for that, Irving Santiago.
>>
File: metro.png (53KB, 447x681px) Image search: [Google]
metro.png
53KB, 447x681px
Interesting post from Metro recently. I'm interested to see it develop. I really enjoyed Metro the first year I went, but this year it was definitely a lot less fun. I'd like to see it get better.
>>
>>9204973
I didn't realize it was more of a wrestling show. They make it seem like a comic-con type of event.
>>
>>9205169
Yes and no? The cosplay wrestling thing last year was cool, but noone was really into it. The MMA thing must have worked, because they're doing it again this year.

Ultracon is usually a fan/comic book type con.

I'm going to be playing Sunday at 1:00 PM, BTW,
>>
>>9204987
Since it was brought up, I'll take due credit for naming the AnimeMetro website and forums and, thus, Metrocon itself. And, as long as "The Spirit Never Dies" AMV is played at closing ceremonies (which as far as I know is still happening), I'll be a part of the con, as I found it to play at closing in 2005.
>>
>>9176698
But cris is finally getting the boot this year thank fucking god, so it can hopefully get back to its former glory. The local hotels refuse to work with him specifically.
>>
>>9193987
Having won in the costume before isn't against the rules for Broder cons. In fact the rules are you can enter with a won costume as long as it's within a year of its first won award. I think it's a fucking stupid rule but that's Broder for you
>>
>>9206476
Are you the weird guy with glasses at cons that does the video room in the wheel chair?
>>
>>9210706
Don't wear glasses as much, but yeah.
>>
So, how's everyone doing during the hurricane?

Just lots of wind and rain for me right now. Thankfully no power outages.
>>
>>9212639
Same, I think the hurricane was very mild for everyone in South Florida at least.
Was Ultracon canceled? What other events are there?
I saw that the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck was going to stop by Dadeland mall on Oct. 22nd, so I might stop by.
>>
>>9212777
Spooky Con in orlando was fully cancelled
>>
>>9212639
Barely felt it really.
>>9212777
If we're lucky Ultracon will get canceled.
>>
>>9212639
got called into work. Lied and said my road was flooded
>>
>>9212639
Put up shutters all over the house and absolutely nothing happened here. Most underwhelming hurricane ever.
>>
>>9213634
Better to put up shutters and have nothing happen then not do anything. We were really fortunate in Soflo. I can't say the same for a lot of my friends in North florida. They have major damage.
>>
>>9213004
>if we're lucky
We aren't its still on. Is anyone going tomorrow? It's gonna be a travesty
>>
>>9213644
I'm performing on Sunday at 1 PM If anyone's down to jam. Giving away some free CDs.
>>
wasted all my con money on food and shit. sucks theyre this weekend
>>
How was the contest at ultra? Or did no one go
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476383301001.jpg (215KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476383301001.jpg
215KB, 1152x2048px
So I've only ever been to so-called "broder-cons" in FL. What good cons are coming up?

pic related, my costume for Animate this year (on the left)
>>
>>9220279
Megacon Tampa, skipping holiday matsuri this year since artists i wanted to buy from won't be there, and going to Paradise City CC instead.
>>
>>9220279
Coming up? Anime Iwai and Holiday Matsuri after that you might as well just sit and wait for next year.
>>
>>9220279
Depends on what you like about cons. All cons have pros and cons on my option.
>>
Honestly Anime Iwai is probably the only one worth going to. Holiday Matsuri is looking to be a joke.
>>
>>9223815
Yea, I heard they turned away multiple artists because they were selling things other than just prints?? Like selling pencil bags isn't allowed anymore wth? We're just going to skip and go to Megacon in Tampa and Paradise City this year and buy the stuff we want to buy for gifts this year.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476728678875.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476728678875.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
There used to be a time when I wanted to be a metrocon mascot. But holy hell have they been on a decline. This past year even more so because I'm pretty sure they didn't hold auditions. And they were so cringy too boot.

I want to love metro like I did when I was younger but holy hell it's gone downhill :( They need to find somewhere else to set up shop b/c tbcc is shit with their policies. They also need to feature the winning artists work not who ever does the concept design.

Sorry for the rant, it just feels like I'm loosing a really good friend.
>>
>>9178976

is that piss on the floor?
>>
>>9225162
Yes
>>
>>9224677
Why does it matter what the mascots look like? Tbh I never even know what the mascot is.
>>
File: IMG_0198.jpg (56KB, 392x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
56KB, 392x409px
>>9220279
>regular adult sized glasses
>not kid sized ones with optional sticker still on the lens
Casual.

I'm hopefully going to Paradise city CC in December, how shitty do you guys think that one will be? Is it worth going to?
>>
>>9226000
Your hoping to go? Already stating it's probably shitty?? Why bother with such a negative outlook..
>>
>>9225870
Considering they have the mascots entertain the lines and are the face of the con, I would say yes.
>>
Going to HolMat for the first time this year, what should I expect?
>>
Any Halloween parties/events happening?
>>
File: what.jpg (110KB, 1015x726px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
110KB, 1015x726px
what happened to chibi pa / their website? any details on what this is or what it means?
>>
>>9228395
You're a bit late there pal. Chibi Pa doesn't exist anymore. Some of their old stuff runs Anime Iwai now, so you should check that out instead
>>
I've always wanted to go to a Florida convention, but I don't have any friends to go with. My fault for working so often. Would it be weird to go by myself? I always wanted to cosplay, but it seems like such a hassle. Is there usually a lot to do at these Florida conventions? I'd be driving from Fort Myers.
>>
>>9228411

sorry, i moved away and just moved back.
thanks for the info though! is there any explanation why chibipa's website is so dramatic looking now though?
>>
>>9228423
Don't worry about it, you couldn't help it. The og owner threw a tantrum because things weren't going his way apparently.
>>9228417
It's not weird to go to a con by yourself. >>9228326
Iwai's maid cafe is having an event but it's a bit far for me.
>>
>>9228444
that's a super professional thing to do...
thanks anon!
>>
>>9228417
going to a con by yourself can actually be a fun experience! you can go to whatever panels you want to go to without worrying if friends would be interested, you can do what you want when you want! whether you cosplay or not, exploring alone is pretty fun in my opinion. if you're feeling lonely or bored, what i do usually is explore artist alley and make conversation with artists - i've made a few local acquaintances like that. a lot of the times if they aren't busy, artists love to talk to people who admire their work or come by to chat. another suggestion though is that if you're going to go to a florida con, go to a big one (south: supercon, central-west: metrocon, central: megacon, etc) because small ones can get boring even if you have friends with you. sometimes seagulls will post in threads like this one or con-specific ones about meeting up, too
>>
>>9228417
Its not strange. I started going to cons recently on my own and made lots of con friends. Just be active and get people to know you. I wouldnt know about what to do at cons. I tend to go later during the nights when there are more interesting 18+ panels. That and I usually have a few drinks in me already.
>>
>>9171866
I've gone every year since it's been a thing. I used to work at the Hilton Asia stand with my mom until a few years ago but still go anyways. The food is overpriced and it isn't a con type of thing, just get to comingle with my fellow japanese folks.
>>
>>9228444
what's the maid cafe like?
>>
>>9227986
If you're going just to go see panels then its probably going to be a decent show. I'd avoid going to any panels run by the "guests". If its anything like Supercon , a good portion of those guests only talk about why they're famous. Its a show all about them and not actually about cosplay. Im sure there is a youtube video up from their last panel at supercon to give you a good idea. The other panels are pretty decent though. The artist alley may be lacking this year and the dealers room is pretty good for the convention size. Its a good con minus some poor choices made this year.
>>
Anyone go to Necro or Mega Tampa?
>>
>>9239835
Tampa David Tennantcon was actually better than I expected.
>>
Was really hoping holmat would do a tea lolita tea party again this year and was holding out till after halloween to officially give up hope. Are they introducing anything new this year at all?
Also are there any receipts on the holmat drama i've been hearing about off and on?
>>
>>9240973
I haven't heard about drama, but I find it funny that the ratio of actual industry guests to not industry guests is hugely out if proportion.
>>
>>9239835
megacon tampa was pretty small except for sunday when the popular guests showed up.

It was in Metrocon's venue (TCC) so the same building, eeeeexcept:

-the center was being shared with other events and didn't use the full space. you actually weren't allowed to walk in the front door on some mornings, had to take the stairs to the 2nd/3rd floor
-you had to actually vacate the building at closing time (9pm friday, 8pm saturday or something like that), actual employees would direct you to the door from the escalator
-con didn't open until 4pm on friday, which had no scheduled events at all. As a result Friday was dead
-very few panels/events in general. no game room.
-hosted after-hours events off-site which is a little odd

They probably kept it low-key due to being year 1 and expecting the low turnout, but it seems like they're almost asking people not to come back.
>>
>>9242706
also, three of the big guests cancelled so there's that. the guest list wasn't bad by any stretch, but it generated a much larger comic/sci-fi crowd and basically zero anime.

if I had to guess, it was somewhere between 60-70% of metrocon's attendance. looks like more people liked the FB page than actually went.
>>
>>9242706
Also guys. The dates for 2017 are during AWA. Most of us vendors will not return to it, and will be going to AWA instead.
>>
>>9242971
laughing pretty hard right now, thanks for pointing this out.
>>
File: IMG_2851.png (311KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2851.png
311KB, 750x1334px
God this triggers me.
>>
>>9244632
Lol he just posts that everywhere apparently. Who's getting ready for Anime Iwai?
>>
>>9244632

Sprint is garbage compared to Verizon though...
>>
>>9244632
>>9244635

Didn't he also get caught stealing photos from other photogs and called out on it? And people still want to book with him?
>>
>>9244640
What? I didn't know about this. Do you have any details?
>>
>>9244642

I don't have the screencaps, but I'm sure someone still has them here.

He posted photos from a portrait session and someone commented a link to the source website from some photographer from the North East.

He played it off like it was no big deal.
>>
Went to the mini iwai. Really great location in deerfield beach right off I95. It was great considering it was only $5 to get in. Not much to do but spend all the cash we brought at vendor booths. Some decent cosplay. Sad that i probably cant afford a ticket for iwai next week. Trying to scrape together $30 for a saturday ticket.
>>
Went to the mini iwai. Really great location in deerfield beach right off I95. It was great considering it was only $5 to get in. Not much to do but spend all the cash we brought at vendor booths. Some decent cosplay. Sad that i probably cant afford a ticket for iwai next week. Trying to scrape together $30 for a saturday ticket.
>>
>>9244633
I'm playing a concert at 5:30. Moshing more than welcome.
>>
>>9220279
Oh hey, I remember seeing you

neat costume yo
>>
I wonder who would win the 3D printer on Saturday of Anime Iwai
>>
Anyone at Iwai this weekend? Got a hotel from tonight so I'm just chilling in my room for now.
>>
>>9251450
Playing a concert on Saturday at 5:30! If you like nerdy rock music, then come on down!
>>
File: 20161111_212617.jpg (804KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_212617.jpg
804KB, 2560x1440px
To be fair, it was pretty busy earlier. I'm sure everyone's just outside at the pool party but I'm just here checking for badges.
>>
>>9251258
Probably already picked the winner. Their cosplay staff was notorious for doing that at chibi
>>
>>9252511
Salt detected.

How's iwai so far? I'm working this weekend but I'm planning to leave early and swing by with my gf.
>>
>>9252577
No salt. Just been to enough events they've run to know what happens. Idc anyways I don't even cosplay
>>
File: 20161112_202059.jpg (938KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161112_202059.jpg
938KB, 2560x1440px
Didn't see this flier attached to the display on the party floor but it's been getting passed around.
>>
Who won Iwai?
>>
>>9253148
Treasure Planet group won best in show.
>>
>>9253150
Any pics?
>>
File: received_10154667245641798.jpg (376KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154667245641798.jpg
376KB, 2048x1152px
My friends and I just won tickets to Florida Anime experience at the Japan festival. How shit is it going to be?

Pic slightly related
>>
>>9254094
I saw the same car parked there today anon. That shitty wrong moonspeak.

But FAE is pretty nice, like a.. really laid back AFO. We go there for the panels and few good artists.
>>
>>9254094
Anon, I think I've seen that car twice on 434. It makes me so damn happy every time.
>>
Iwai is legitimately florida's best party con. it definitely tops metrocon for room parties there being an ENTIRE FLOOR dedicated to lit nerds.

Dragoncon and Iwai are now my go to cons for partying
>>
Jesus fucking Christ. Iwai was weird
>>
File: iwai.jpg (172KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
iwai.jpg
172KB, 960x720px
Anime Iwai is hands-down the best, local convention. It doesn't get more grassroots that this guys, this shit was hella local.

Iwai was everything that the community wanted out of Chibi-pa for a decade (2005-2015) but Jason Bailey wouldn't let happen because of his control-freak tendencies.

The events were varied and unique, the badge ribbon achievements created a really fun activity to fill a LOT more time than imagined, and for a "first year con" it was beyond worth every penny.

If you want big guests, go to any of the big cons. But if you want to enjoy being apart of a community, Iwai is worth it.
>>
>>9254629

I also liked all the varied events during the day.

My two favorite ones were the pokemon games they had at the pool and the food wars was actually pretty interesting though it made me super hungry
>>
>>9254629
I'm not a partying person but I enjoyed Iwai and I agree with the anon above me, the food wars was pretty interesting and the runway contest was pretty cute (I was only there Sunday).
>>
Iwai seemed like a good show. I only got to attend Saturday due to work. In hindsight I wish I had allocated the funds/time to arrange a hotel stay and attend all 3 days.

My only complaint is the venue from last years Chibi-pa was amazing and left me a bit spolied. Yeah it was further south in Weston but the pool and waterfall were amazing for photos and it had huge auditorium style panel rooms.. Id love it if Iwai could somehow secure that venue for next year.
>>
>>9257133
The accidental flying axe during the contest was hysterical. And the Sesshomaru was on point.
>>
Who's looking forward to Holmat?
>>
Who else is doing Shadocon this weekend?
>>
Waiting until SwampCon at UF in January; great for a college con and it's the longest running (unless you really wanna go to Tallahassee).
>>
Thread is kill?
>>
>>9258667
It's a fun con, but my Panel was scheduled for 11 AM on Sunday,.They offered me a Special Events place at 10:30 AM on Sunday. Should I take it?
>>
>>9263617
That's not that bad of a deal. Just let anyone attending your panel know. The special events room is pretty large.
>>
>>9263873
Concert on Sunday morning though... People are hung over/checking out by then...
>>
File: 1403881514585.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1403881514585.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
Anyone else go to Shadocon? The venue was pretty bad but my AA table did decent. I think I caught strep from someone there though.
>>
>>9265957
Some douche keyed my friend's car in the parking lot. WTF?!
If they have it there next year, I'm not going.
>>
>>9266070
Don't even worry about it, there probably won't be one next year. Cris done fucked up good.
>>
>>9266851
What do you mean?
>>
>>9266851
Deets, now.
>>
>>9266851
>>9267149
>>9267421
He and his new woman's leaving the state anyway. He probably won't be involved much in any future Shadocons, if there are any more.
>>
Anybody hitting Spooky Empire Next week?
>>
>>9268091
Nah nah Rudy owns the con now.
Con this year was pretty fun but it was def a growing pains year.
Fuck Cris though.
>>
>>9265957
I actually had a bunch of fun, if cris is getting the boot like it seems it could be good again
>>
>>9269341
>>9269344
It don't matter how popular Rudy is. He's never run a con and, just like Metro, they only care about the shows.
>>
File: Holidaymatsurilineup - Copy.png (730KB, 999x659px) Image search: [Google]
Holidaymatsurilineup - Copy.png
730KB, 999x659px
18 days to Holmat, who's stoked? What's everyone's lineups? Anyone looking forward to any panels? pic related is what I settled on. I can't wait for all the christmassy Overwatch pictures.
>>
>>9270481
I'm going as Olivia from Fire Emblem and Prompto from Final Fantasy XV. There'd supposed to be a Fire Emblem meetup on Saturday so i guess that's when I'll wear Olivia? It seems very unorganized at the moment, but so am I, so I cant blame them.
>>
>>9270481
Gonna be there Saturday, hopefully finished my Taskmaster by then,

Playing nerdcore punk rock 10:30 on Sunday (hopefuly premirering an Overwatch song!)
>>
Is anyone going to Paradise City next weekend? Mostly everyone I know is going to Holmat instead lol. Broder fucked up.
>>
So is Okamacon trying to lose attendees before their first year even happens? Because this chick is nothing but drama and hates like everyone.
>>
>>9273668
Where and when is okamacon? Never heard of wanwan.
>>
>>9254629
I didn't go to Iwai, but did it top AFO in terms of partying?
>>
>>9273668
I've interacted with her a couple of times and sometimes she's nice, while other times she's either rude or focused on something else. She's certainly popular though. Why do you say she's nothing but drama?
>>
>>9274361
I am not surprised a pretty and popular cosplayer may have some haters.
>>
>>9274506
Try speaking to her, most of the time she's a complete asshole and will ignore you and walk away.
>>
>>9274037
Miami, January 14th. You're very fortunate then.
>>9274361
She has a nasty attitude and is angry all the time. She likes to start drama on social media over minor things and blows it out of proportion. She takes this cosplay popularity thing way too seriously to the point where she gets jealous over people becoming closer to her friends than her and starts problems over it.
>>9274506
If only this was just about her being pretty and popular. I wonder if you would have the same opinion of her outside of cosplay. Sure she's pretty in cosplay, but the same can't be said outside of it. Popularity? That part I can't deny. She does go out of her way to gain popularity.
>>
>>9274741
Wow I didn't know about the online drama but she has been really rude to me the few times we've interacted. I'm surprised no one's really said anything about it though.
>>
>>9274361

Jean TB is superficial and fake as fuck and if you look ugly, she (who wants to go by he) won't get all up on you.
Also she's friends with the equally fake Vikki Kafei, who tried to hit on Mango Sirene's boyfriend at Colossalcon this year, I heard?

Look up the term "thundercunt" on the archives and see.
>>
Speaking of Drama

Have you heard AkrCos is beefing with Ryan King?
>>
>>9273668
I'm a really nice guy and I wanted to be her friend but she said no so I think she's an ugly cunt, because I'm really nice guy and only disgusting people thirsty for cosfame and popularity wouldn't want to be friends with someone as nice as me.
>>
>>9276163
yes! I have no idea what's going on but they both keep making posts like "I don't want drama guys! just stop" ....
But they keep posting about it over and over again
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.