[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 18

New lolita general. I had nothing witty to say for the title.
Old gen: >>9157914
CoF: >>9164290
B/S/T: >>9157345
Dream Dress: >>9152815
>>
Why aren't there any resources for secondhand shopping in China? When we first started buying secondhand from Japan, there were lists of search terms to use, lists of website's to check, lists of different shopping services... For China we only have taobao agents who don't even care about lolita.
>>
>>9164924
...is there even such a thing in China? Their whole way of producing/selling things seems to be "make it cheaply, make it quickly, then forget about it"
>>
>>9164926
Of course there is such a thing. Isn't the lolita community in China pretty big compared to the West and Japan? Everywhere where there are lolita's there is a secondhand lolita market, even my country with a comm of 300 members has a secondhand lolita market.
>>
>>9164924
A lot of tb brands share posts by girls who are selling via weibo (like how people do fb sales albums). You'd have to have a friend or person who would be the inbetween since I'm sure nobody wants to sell outside of China and to someone who doesn't speak Chinese.

I remember there was a thing with Haenuli where she sold stuff in egl_comm_sales for a way higher price than what she bought it for, and the Korean lolita community got on her ass about it, since a lot of lolitas sell for lower to friends within South Korea.
>>
>>9164930
That is the same as (private) sales in Japan tough, and my Japanese shopping service is fine with buying through mixi and ameba etc. There are Japanese girls who don't want to sell internationally too and I don't speak Japanese. I'm asking why there aren't Chinese shopping services for those kind of sales like we have in Japan.
>>
>>9164938
I think Chinese lolita's haven't realized they can make money by part-time buying lolita for Westerners. Or they are all very wealthy and don't need to make extra money. Just speculating. I think it's weird since there are even french and american lolita's who run a shopping service.
>>
I'm starting to see a fair number of Chinese lolitas selling on LM. I bought a dress from a Chinese lolita recently and arrived in great condition.
>>
>>9164928
Yeah but in China you just get scalper prices.
>>
>>9164988
I think Europeans are the ones who scalp the most, without meaning to. If they buy new from a shop they have to pay really high import duties that they add to the price when they resell.
>>
>>9164926

This is the newest thing I've ever heard holy shit.

Yes lolita is insanely popular in China. They probably have the same amount of people buying lolita in China as they do in Japan, possibly even more.
>>
>>9164928
So uh. Links then?
>>
>>9164994
2.taibao.com
>>
>>9164993
I was asking about if there were second hand sites in China, not if they have ever heard of such a thing called "Lolita Fashion"
>>
>>9165004
... yes. I'm not the anon you responded to but Jfc coupe you be any more new?
>>
Looking for black, gothic coin purses or pass cases. Already checked wunderwelt, CC, and maidenclothing and didn't find anything I liked, so what keywords should I use to search places like y!j and mbok?
>>
>>9165005
Stop replying to bait
>>
>>9165015
don't tell me what to do, you're not my real mom.
>>
What ever happened to Atelier Dormir?
>>
>>9165001
Oops. 2.taobao.com
>>
>>9165013

>>9165013

If your favorite brand is on this list someone already translated most of them for you

http://frozen-yjapan.livejournal.com/567.html

(To search on mbok/mercari, copy paste).

If you're just asking how to find coin purses in black leather, any brand, eh, same way as you'd search on ebay. Navigate to the handbag section (use Chrome if you can't moonrune), type in 黒 (black), then trawl, trawl trawl through the thousands of black handbags your search will end up with. Gothic is ゴシック, or if you think of any other keywords you want to use, run them through google translate.
>>
>>9164859
>>9164912

Subscribe to Kera and GLB yourself, the upcoming releases are hyped in there. In fact, most of the lolita updates facebook depends on girls who photograph/scan upcoming releases from either Kera or GLB, they just prefer lolita updates because, well, the group is for lolita updates.

Do note that not everything is going to be in there, though. Atelier Boz usually only have a few handful of clothing items featured in GLB every 3 months, but they seem to pump out more merch than. Seraphim is so small I'm not even sure if they make it into the magazines regularly. So you'd still need to follow the blogs/twitter if you don't want to miss anything, though the magazine does give you a heads up on what items those brands think are their next hot thing.
>>
>>9164949
I think it would be difficult for them as every print has a chinese name and sometimes they don't even remember the original name beside the chinese one. And the western comm isn't really that big compared to the chinese one. Sales on taobao 2nd hand go very fast though the prices are higher than the japanese 2nd hand sites. One day you mark an item, the day after it's gone. I think this shows there's quite a lot of wealth in general.
>>
>>9164924
>>9164938
How I see it: the shopping service you described is a person living in China, fluent in both Chinese and English, has access to both comms so they know the trends and news, and has nothing betyer to do than earning a tiny amount of commission. As I type this it honestly doesn't sound appealing at all, whether the person is Chinese or a Westerner living in China.

They can't charge too much on top of the item price, or people will rather buy something else brand new for the same price. The taobao shopping companies you mentioned are doing this full time so they can make a living. Also I guess local lolitas will snap items up much quicker than a non-Chinese can even translate everything - same as when we post sale photos on FB, and someone comments even before we put all the descriptions up.

Now thinking about all the Japan SS, I wonder what's their reason for being one. Buying, ordering and reserving dresses aren't just done in one click - think about those AP queues. I would be very interested to know if being a SS can replace an actual part time job.
>>
>>9165360
There's a lot more demand for Japanese SS's, plus they can charge really high fees and people are still willing to pay. Lately some have started charging queueing fees on top of travel and commission.

That being said I'm not sure it could actually replace a part time job, but is more something you do part time on the side.
>>
>>9165360
No, I don't mean someone who knows the trends etc. I mean a Chinese girl who you can sent a link with the dress you want and then she buys it for you and sends it to you. Exactly the same as my Japanese shopping service, who is just a Japanese lolita who speaks basic English and has a full-time job. They really don't need to do anything other than interact with the seller and go to the post office once a month.
>>
What are all the other brands run by Krad Lanrete? I know Dark Box is one, but I keep hearing there's about 6 of them.
>>
>>9165459
They'd need to be in contact with the Western comm first, otherwise no one will know they're offering the service. With private sales (weibo etc) there's no purchase link because it's essentially like saying 'I'm selling ____' in a tweet. The only time you can send a link to your SS is when they're on Taobao - and the regular non-lolita SS can do the job. Also note Paypal doesn't have Chinese Yuan so to me that's an extra hurdle compared to Japanese lolitas.

Hope I have not misinterpreted you! I enjoy these discussions and hope someone knows more and enlighten us.
>>
>>9164924
Because the Chinese market is big enough that they don't need to sell overseas. Also, most of the personal Japanese SS are westerners who moved to Japan, not as many people move to China and people who are already there aren't going make a living off second hand Chinese sales as most of them have money already, they don't need the tiny amount that commission on sales would get them.
>>
>>9166103
I wonder if private sales in China are very different from private sales in Japan? I'm sure my Japanese SS would be fine with buying from twitter and anywhere else really, I don't see why it would be more difficult for a Chinese SS. I didn't know paypal doesn't have Chinese yuan, but I hate paypal anyway, only use it for Japanese and American sales.

I don't expect for Chinese SS to be in high demand, I just think it's weird that there aren't any at all (besides taobao agents). Like what if I see someone in China selling a dream dress that I've looked for for years? I wouldn't know who to contact at all or where to look for a Chinese lolita. I've bought secondhand from South Korea before and it wasn't hard to find a Korean lolita to act as my SS even though they have a much smaller lolita community.
>>
Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to try on blouses/cutsews/cardigans and headbows in brand stores and closetchild? Or is that off limits?
>>
>>9166231
Headbows are always try on-able
Cardigans should be fine too
Blouses and cutsews are fine to try on in cc as long as theyre not on sale, and usually ok for brand stores unless you look sweaty or fat and gross. Not even making that up.
>>
>>9166240
Thank you, that's super helpful!
>>
It's been awhile since I've bought directly from AP. How long should it be before I get a confirmation email? It's been almost 48 hours and my card has been charged but still nothing. This wasn't a bloodbath type deal and I've checked my junk folder.
>>
>>9166231
I know BtSSB/AatP let you try whatever on as long as you appear clean and aren't big enough to potentially hurt the dress. Pretty sure you can only try on 3 things, though.
>>
>>9166299

There's usually an email directly after, like as in, as soon as you check out, you get an automated email that says thank you for purchasing x.

You can also check your purchase history on your My Page (マイページ) on the upper right. If it doesn't show up in your purchase history at least, definitely time to email AP.
>>
>>9166222
I often figured it's because they are closed off and want nothing to do with foreigners. I know someone had talked about needing at least to know Chinese and having Alipay.

Personally, I would love to know how much more their secondhand market is like on top of taobao auctions.

And I can see the appeal of being an SS. It's no different than commission work. Personally, I would probably do it but purely for closet child as a supplement. I would consider full-time if I get enough requests
>>
>>9166324
That's what I thought too. The purchase shows in my history on the site so maybe the Internet ate my email. I guess I'll just keep an eye on my home page. Thanks anon
>>
>>9166231
CC let's you try on anything! Blouses are totally fine as well :)
>>
>>9166399
Oh, have to say, no socks of course
>>
>>9166330
From what I remember a lot of SS 'back in the day' were Japanese lolita's who had full-time or part-time jobs and just wanted the extra money to buy lolita and it wasn't a lot of effort because they loved going to lolita shops anyway, plus some shops offered extra's if you spent a lot. I know I would love to get paid to visit various lolita shops even if it's only 10%. Now that most shops have a webshop I guess it's less time-consuming but it seems much more boring.

But the closed-off thing applies to Japan as well. I've heard of Japanese lolita's refusing to sell to SS because they don't want their precious clothes to leave the country or something.
>>
File: so goffick.jpg (71KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
so goffick.jpg
71KB, 612x612px
>>9165205
This was very helpful, thank you! I managed to snag what is basically a fancy fanny pack by ozz on off mercari, but it'll work great with my halloween coord to keep my phone and student ID close to me so I don't have to root around in my backpack for it
>>
Other than Kera and Atelier Pierrot, which Japanese shops sell several different lolita brands?
>>
>>9166648
Are you looking for new clothes only or secondhand? Wunderwelt opened Wunderwelt Fleur recently, which I think is new clothing?
If you're looking for new accessories, places like Village Vanguard (vvstore.jp) have a ton of printed tights, jewelry, etc. but it's not lolita specific but there's def stuff that could work
>>
Does anyone know how much Meta's fully shirred pieced stretch? The website and Lolibrary only say the minimum measurements. I'm not a land whale but I'd like to know if it's in the 90cm, 100cm, or 110/120cm territory. Thanks!
>>
I've met a girl who approached me because she wants to become a Lolita. I'm trying to intorduce her to the fashion, but I feel it would be of much help to send her links of good Lolita Blogs, which discuss basic Lolita aesthetic, Lolita Glossary, Lolita Brands, all the basics. Problem is, she only speaks spanish.

Alguna de ustedes queridas gaviotas tendrá un buen blog o una buena guía de principiantes que me puedan recomendar, y que esté en español?

Thanks a buch, gulls!
>>
>>9166702
You know there is a Spanish lolita comm and a lot of Spanish resources ifyou google?
>>
>>9166687
in other words you're mega fat?
>>
>>9166687
Fully-shirred dresses only look not-terrible if you're not stretching the shirring out at all, or only stretching it a little. If you're anywhere near the maximum measurements you're going to have sausage rolls for a torso.

Unless of course you max out the shirring, but that's a whole different set of issues right there.
>>
>>9166717
Nope, found no good, comprehensive, non-ita Starter Guide for newbies in spanish. All the good blogs and guides are in english.

I'd recommend Lolibrary, F yeah Lolita, The new Lolita Handbook that's on tumblr and was created by us segulls, but those are in english.

I'm looking for something like -> http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.pe/p/what-is-lolita.html

I have found no good Starter Guide in Spanish, perhaps if you have a link you could share it with me?
>>
>>9166055
Citanul is another.
>>
Anyone know how to get the fish smell out of a pleather bag?
>>
What do you girls carry in your purses to meets?

>wallet
>just important cards in a lil pouch if bag too small for wallet
>external battery pack for phone
>phone
>makeup touch-up kit
>>
>>9166687
Just because you can stretch it doesn't mean you won't look horrible, full shirring looks best on tiny girls at or below the minimum measurements
>>
>>9164924
One of my friends lives in China, I might ask him to act as a SS, I just always figured shipping would be too expensive compared to other taobao ss, since businesses where I live get better shipping rates than individuals. Anyone know the pricing on Chinese shipping
>>
Pro tip: when storing dresses, double check that there are no open markers in the place where you put them. RIP Alice's Mirage in PARADOX skirt.
Inb4 I'm an idiot
>>
>>9166687
As others have suggested fully shirred may not be the best idea. I have 90+ bust and found metas shirred back dresses very comfortable, as long as it's not high waist designs it should look great on you, compared to any fully shirred ones!
>>
>>9166931
I should also mention the shirring was very generous, 100+ bust will easily fit. Unshirred front will look 1000 times better
>>
>>9166687
If it's Meta and fully shirred it can "fit" at least 120cm but I recommend you cover it up with a cardi.
>>
>>9166913
Full shirring looks fine on my cow tits.
I swear some of you bitches just want to say everything only looks good on smaller girls.

WE GET IT.
>>
>>9166884
There's a thread on this on rufflechat or RCU -- wasn't sure if you knew.
It's always fun to hear about what people keep on their person tho.

Here's mine
>Extra slim vape pen in pic related
>Wallet
>Phone
>Keys
>Headphones if they fit
>Whatever lipstick I'm wearing for touch ups after eating
>>
>>9166884
I bring a tide pen, and one of those tiny ass sewing kits and paper/cloth fan. Sometimes a hanky if I'm wearing a light colored coordinate and I'm sitting down outside or something.
>>
>>9166884
I carry a men's wallet because it's smaller
Depends on my makeup mostly
Things I always carry:
>phone
>wallet
>headphones
>external battery and charging cable
>setting powder which i put in a tiny sample jar and with a mini brush because i get shiny easily
>lip balm
>my eyebrow powder kit because it's tiny and has a mirror also my brows are bleached so i may need to touch them up so they aren't invisible
If I'm wearing fake eyelashes, lens, lipstick (something I rarely do), or have my hair up:
>eyelash glue
>tweezers
>tiny case or something to keep lashes in if i need to remove them
>eyeliner (in case falsies come off and fuck up my eyeliner)
>contact case
>rewetting drops
>contact fluid sometimes
>lipstick
>extra bobby pins/clips/clear hair ties
If I'm wearing a lot of layers/it's hot (i live in the deep south, rip)
>hand fan that matches my coord
>mini deodorant
Things I only take with me when I'm wearing shironuri to a Halloween meet or something
>greasepaint
>cake makeup
>adhesive if im wearing prosthetics
>pretty much all the makeup i used to create the look in case something goes wrong
>little tiny pouch as a clutch or wristlet so i can keep important things like my wallet and phone close because i always carry a big bag when i do shironuri
>>
>>9166947
Yeah no, pics or it didn't happen. Doesn't even have to be you. Show me one person who isn't thin and doesn't look bad in full shirring.

And nobody ever said anything about shirring looking good on smaller girls. Shirring looks terrible on everyone, it just looks less terrible if you're very thin because of the nature of how the bodices are constructed. Just like how princess seams with large bust curves look terrible on girls with small busts. Not everyone's out to get you, calm down.
>>
>>9166742
>>9166913
>>9166931
>>9166939
Thank you! Just generally curious. What about Meta's back shirred pieces? Is there even any way to find out? Idk why neither Meta nor Lolibrary lists max.

>>9166947
I'd really love to see some sample pictures of girls with big boobs wearing it and it looking good. Doesn't have to be you. Thank you!
>>
>>9167092
Full back shirring goes to 100cm comfortably. I wouldn't recommend higher as by that point the bodice tends to be riding up, which is fine if you like the empire waist look but not so good otherwise.
>>
>>9167023
>Shirring looks terrible on everyone
What.
>>
>>9167118
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>9167023
>full shirring looks best on tiny girls at or below the minimum measurements
>>
>>9167139
Just because something is the best of something, doesn't mean it's actually good. That's like saying eating shit is good because it's the best choice between eating shit, rat poison, or enriched uranium.
>>
>>9167120
We're taking about full back shirring right?
Cause if we're talking about front and back full shirring, then I agree with you. Front shirring is terrible.

But another anon mentioned full BACK shirring -- and that's what I'm talking about as well. We're on the same page right?
>>
>>9167149
Oops sorry! I meant FULL shirring (front and back) in >>9167023. I've got nothing against back shirring, full or otherwise.
>>
>>9167092
>i'd really love to see some sample pictures of girls with big boobs wearing it and it looking good.

Tbh, I've posted myself (32F) on cof in a fully shirred baby dress, and not a single mention was made if it on cgl. How much of your hate is simply for morbidly obese girls with a michelin man look in full shirring? I understand not liking the texture, I'm not a fan of it myself, but the way those shirring princess dresses sit on my chest would not make you think "god damn that bitch has cow tits". Bottom line is busty lolitas can pull off full shirring, but the coordinates might be plain enough it doesn't even register that the dress is fully shirred because coord is plain enough to fly under the radar OR that the girl doesn't even look all that busty in the dress.
>>
>>9166762
I don't know if it's an option for her, but Google Chrome lets you translate entire webpages with the click of a button. It probably won't be a perfect translation but it should work well enough.
>>
>>9166947
Haha no it doesn't and you're way off base. AP's jsk cuts and baby's neck tie dresses often look terrible on girls who are tiny as there is way too much extra room and they are swimming in them. On the other hand, tiny girls can easily pull off sack dresses, empire waists, and front shirring.

I'm an average sized person afaik (90 bust, 68 waist) and look horrible in fully shirred dresses, they make me look obese.

There's no way you don't have sausage rolls in your front shirring, when I would at my size
>>
>>9167172
>68 waist
>average

Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>9167120
Okay so I checked on lolibrary, and this jsk has FULL BACK shirring. This girl isn't huge but she has decent sized boobs I think, much bigger than a small framed girl, and closer to my size.

And definitely not me!! I just follow her on instagram.
>>
>>9167172
fabric folds and sausage rolls are not the same thing anon.
>>
>>9167153
OHHH!! Yeah, front and back shirring is terrible lmao. Fully agree.

>>9167172
Please disregard -- there was a misunderstanding
>>
>>9166687
You talking skirts or dresses? Skirts I find can go up to 95cm without looking bad but for aesthetics and comfort I wouldn't go above 100cm.
>>
>>9167195
The fact that people need waistbands that goes up to 95cm scares me. That's larger than my bust and I'm an average sized person.
>>
>>9167174
is 68 big?

>now i feel like a whale who didnt know she was one
>>
>>9167203
I think it depends on your height. I'm 68cm and I look like the thinner side of average, but then I'm also 180cm tall. On someone who's say 150cm it'd be chubs at best.
>>
>>9167203
if you're of average height it's huge.
>>
>>9167209
>>9167203
>>9167212
>>>9167203
>>9167174
>>9167172

what the fuck im 80 66 80cm and i weigh 90lb, 157cm tall.
where the fuck is 68cm chubs at any height what the actual fuck.
>>
>>9167214
anon, I am 157 cm tall as well, I can for sure fucking tell you at 90 lbs I would be on my death bed, unable to walk. Last time I was 115 pounds I feel like shit, was tired all the time, and look skinny as fuck in my face and all that,
>>
>>9167214
Unless you have a very unfortunate body shape this is blshit.
>>
>>9167139
>>9167157
>>9167172
I think that larger cup sizes (not just fat overall) tend to look better in full shirring. Full shirring to me has the effect of making you look more tubular and larger around the waist, when you have a large bust to waist difference it minimises it a bit and you look like a regular human. I'm small and fairly flat and look horrible in not just full shirring but also things that supposedly suit smaller people like front shirring and sack dresses, the latter because I don't have stick legs and arms. The exception to this is Chantilly full shirring (where they don't have elastic across the bust at the front) which is generally more flattering than shirring with the elastic channels across the front
>>
>>9167214
I just realized though, 66 cm at 90 pounds? shit, what was the weight difference between 70 cm and 66 cm? I can realistically achieve 70 cm waist at 115 pounds, and that's only 4 cm above your waist measurement.
>>
>>9167219
Yea no, you're barely over 5 foot, at 90lbs thats not really super thin and just underweight slightly.

>>9167214
Thats pretty unfortunate, I'm 175cm and have a 61cm waist. It's probably though that I'm a super pear shape and have no weight on my upper body at all. 68cm on anyone not around my height or over is chubby.
>>
>>9167214
She never said she was chubby, only average. Anons were already saying skinny girls can wear front shirred pieces, not average or chubby girls.
>>
>>9167227
the point anon is that body types differ widely. my mother and I are both the same height, give or take a cm, but she wears shoes 2 sizes smaller than me and has noticeably thinner wrists and ankles than I do. Expecting she and I to be healthy at the same weight based on height alone is bull shit.
>>
>>9167223
i love my body shape though
>pic related selfpost

>>9167219
>>9167227
>>9167225
i guess a lot of it depends on weight distribution too, i eat healthy and work at my job just fine.
my waist definitely fluctuates between 63-67cm depending on how much i ate but at average its 65-66
i'm definitely kind of a rectangle body shape and my legs are nice (i like wearing clothes that emphasizes my legs)
>>
>>9167212
What the hell? That's something like 25 inches. That's tiny for anyone not an Olympic gymnast, and average at worst.
>>
>>9167235
nvm deleted self post bc i can feel the backlash incoming
>>
>>9167227
I think your perception of chubby is skewed by your body type. Someone who's more rectangular and has a strong core can definitely have waist > 68cm without being chubby, it depends on your muscle mass, body shape and body fat % as to whether it's ok for you.

>>9167225
It's a clear illustration of different body types and weight distribution.I'm 158cm, am 81/65/90 at 113lb and 81/63/88cm at 110lb, and I think at 90lb I'd be skeletal
>>
>>9167238
Best fucking post I've ever seen in regards to weight and waist measurement on this board. Thank you anon.
>>
So apparently Misako has her own Youtube channel now? It seems she's been making videos for a little while now but I didn't find her channel until today.
>>
Anyone knows anything about the Mr Yan Birthday Sale? It's been here ad least since 2008, they can't trow it out now that I have a 250 euro shopping card... Well, they can, but I would hate it :P. We don't have anything like banners and/or teasers like normally. They do seem to be working on the side the whole night trough.
>>
>>9164924
Prices in Chinese comms are generally too high for the western comms to handle. Second hand in western tends to stay withon 150USD of retail. Misty Sky pre re re release was easily 800 (jsk set)- 1200 usd (op set). Also not many Chinese lolitas know about or even care about western comms. We dont have facebook, and don't tend to use English websites. And who would care if your local 2nd tier city comm already has 200 people on it? It would be more profitable to buy from Western comms and sell in China.

>>9164930
Check previous general and archives. I talk about second hand Chinesd markets a lot. Search my old trip, weibo, tieba, as keywords.

>>9164991
Euro prices are deceptive. 300EUR and then 100EUR for shipping and customs wtf.

>>9165360
Yes. This. Especially part 1 Only Chinese who can afford to go overseas even find out about Western comms. VictorianMe, Suika, owner of R series, Melva. Look at their wardrobes and wonder if they need the pennies from reselling. Esp with higher prices already, and paypal fees, and international shipping etc.
>>
>>9165459
Try it. People have so many weird demands. Payment plan, cancel, payday, communication, is it new, is it damaged, what is the sizing. It's not so simple.

>Can I ask how chinese shopping services work? At the releases lines all the chinese girls seem to know each other. Are they all working for a shopping service? are they different shopping services? Or are they just regular friends looking to buy?
Overseas students circle is small. They usually all live close together, meet a lot, have each other on weibo, have a wechat group, etc. Everyone knows someone who knows someone else. Gossip travels fast. Also most who go to Japan are already weebs and SSing is sooo popular for Japanese products (milk powder, drugstore makeup etc.). So when u have a niche hobby, u know everyone else in Japan (no kidding) who is also Chinese and in that niche hobby. They have their own meets. Chinese like to group together everywhere.

Also business wise they operate as individual contracters. Might bring along a bf or friend to increase pieces. There are also 1-2 officially registered companies, with employees. But those usually have a no-AP-first-release-day policy. They have internal conjections to Baby and Meta and can get exclusive stock and releases for Chinese customers.
>>
>>9166884
I take with me:
>Tide pen
>Wallet
>Phone
>Keys
>Makeup
>Chapstick
>Comb
>Kleenex
>Oil sheets
>Hand sanitizer
>Small lotion

I don't buy those smaller bags for lolita because I need room for my stuff.
>>
>>9167293
I wear shorts with deep pockets so my bag size is less of an issue. I feel safer with my phone, keys, and wallet on me anyways.

My arsenal is:
>phone
>keys
>wallet
>3ds
>comb
>mini makeup case
>makeup remover
>tissues
>bobby pins
>safety pins
>hip flask
If I have to pass through an area where I feel like it might not be safe to wear lolita, I also bring a spare t-shirt, a large tote bag, and some flip flops in case I need to make a quick change. The subway at midnight is... interesting.
>>
>>9166962
>>9166964
>>9167019
>>9167019
>>9167293
>>9167302
Thanks for all the replies!
It was a lot more informative than I expected, I asked out of simple curiosity at first.
Tide pen, oil sheets, bobby+safety pins sounds like good ideas to always carry.

>>9167302
Do you mean you have deep pockets in like your bloomer/undershorts?
Isn't it hard and awkward if you need to pull out your phone or wallet?
>>
>>9167310
Yeah, deep pockets in my shorts, normalfag high-waist white denim shorts. I usually only need to take them out when I'm sitting down, and it's not as hard as you think. Find the innermost layer of your petticoat with your non-dominant hand, and then reach under and up to the pocket with your dominant. I mean I'm wearing shorts anyways so it's not like I'm flashing anyone.
>>
>>9167302
You wear shorts with deep pockets... under your dress? How do you access the pockets?
>>
>>9167312
>I mean I'm wearing shorts anyways so it's not like I'm flashing anyone.
Unaware bystanders might think you are?
That's what I'd be worried about anyway
>>
>>9167312
Why not just use the pockets in your dress?
>>
>>9166762
mylolitastyle?
>>
>>9167312
>>9167314
>>9167326
I think it would be more practical to put the lesser used items in your pockets? Like makeup remover and backup makeup, stuff that you won't need unless you're in a washroom.
And then put phone and wallet on your bag? That sounds more practical to me, whilst still utilizing all your pocket space.
>>
File: Picture 30.jpg (654KB, 600x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 30.jpg
654KB, 600x1350px
>>9167326
Here's a rough demo of how I do it. If your skirt is long/full enough, it should drape over your arm and cover the shorts
>>
>>9167338
Apparently I'm blonde and never thought of prioritizing.

>>9167334
I don't wear AP
>>
>>9167350
I could only do something like that in the winter. My ass would sweat so much people would think I'm pissing myself.
>>
crossposted from help thread bc lolita relevant, does anyone know where i can find otome+sewing books and issues of glb with lolita patterns etc? one of my online friends' birthday is coming up and i know she'd die if i sent her some
also, does anyone have any mags with lolita patterns they'd be willing to sell? it's ok if not. sorry for newfaggotry i can't sew so i've never been interested
>>
>>9167441
amazon jp and cdjapan sell them new. you can also get them used off lm.
>>
>>9167441
tysm for the prompt response! aaaah i can't wait until she gets them
>>
>>9167441
There are copies on Lacemarket.
Some asian catered bookstores in the US sell them if you're on this side of the pond. Can't really recall the name, but in SF Japantown's west mall there's a bookstore that sells them. They might have a website.
>>
>>9167224
Seconding, 28DD (34" bust, not fat but big cup size) and full shirring looks better on me than girls in old streetsnaps with flat chests where it makes them look like a wrinkly sausage.
>>
>>9167212
Ignore the troll.
>>
>>9167224
>>9167469

I think it depends a lot on the dress and the body type as well, rather than a blanket "full shirring only looks good on x".

For eg, I notice that even though Baby makes fully shirred dresses as well, a fair number of them are much shorter and have a lot less stretch, so when a taller, bustier girl wears it, the dress will still sometimes look too small because the waistline warps upwards, or the underbust/waist shirring will hit her right across the bust instead of under, or something. I actually think this is where the idea that smaller girls look better in shirring comes from, because a lot of the bad photos with full shirring do tend to be larger girls wearing Baby instead of Meta.

Another thing is whether the shirring goes across the boobs (always terrible look unless you can max out the shirring), and whether the girl wearing it is actually busty or has a rectangular body shape. A busty girl with a very defined waistline will be able to show her figure much better in a fully shirred dress, since a fixed-size bodice is going to boobloaf her anyway. But someone with a rectangle body shape who is large in the bust, waist and everywhere else is indeed going to look like a tied-up piece of ham, because they have no waistline to show off, so their entire bodice is just fabric rolls all the way up and down.

It's really too bad lolita is so spread out across the globe. Would be awesome if we could just walk into a closet child and try on some of these things before we buy them, since it seems to be such a hit-and-miss thing.
>>
>>9167350
I'm sorry anon, but it does look like you're doing something inappropriate. I'm all for dress pockets, but pockets under a dress seems a big no.
>>
>>9167350
Nigga this looks like you're scratching your cooch
>>
>>9167270
Are chinese lolitas mad at baby after the tocco debacle? Is it true they're not going to this year's tea party because of that? I heard from the shop girls at laforet that this is the first time in a while tickets didn't sell out and most of the people attending this year are all japanese. It seems it has not been a good year for baby,
>>
>>9167566
Good riddance
>>
>>9167591
be careful what you wish for. without the chinese, baby would be out of business.
>>
>>9167566
So now they aren't liking Baby nor AP? wow.
>>
>>9167566
No, she got fired and Baby wrote a long grovelling apology letter. We're alright now for the most part. I think people aren't going because the economy is in downturn and recent releases haven't been popular. The exchange rate is also shite for cny to jpy now. This means SSs have less disposable income, and there's less incentive to go to the teaparty as a main draw is to get the special reservation.

>>9167600
I wouldn't say that. But the lolita market would certainly be a whole lot smaller than it is now. I think before an SS said 70% of Baby's sales are Chinese now. I could be wrong, check in the archives.
>>
>>9167603
Oh, I just remembered. Another possible reason may be Baby and AP both hold teaparties in China now. There's no need for girls to fly to Japan to go to the teaparties. Chinese girls in Japan might prefer to go to a Chinese teaparty as well because it's for Chinese people so they don't need to deal with side-eyes from Japanese lolitas. Also as of late Chinese teaparties have had MUCH better special reservations. i.e. Belle Epoch in wine, and Misty Sky special set.

>>9167603
Everything's been ugly and unpopular as of late. We're all sad.
>>
>>9167609
>Belle Epoque in wine

Do you happen to have any pics of that one? Couldn't find it with a quick google search,sorry.
>>
>>9167614
Whoops wrong name. It's Belle a la secret de la rose. Shows up in google images, also using snh48 and baby the starts shine bright. No pics on phone sry.
>>
>>9167175
They're on about FULL shirring. As in shirring that goes over the chest.

God you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>9167497
> A busty girl with a very defined waistline will be able to show her figure much better in a fully shirred dress, since a fixed-size bodice is going to boobloaf her anyway

This so much. I know I'm on the chubby side (down 15lbs since the start of the year, woo!) but I have a 24cm difference between my bust and waist and shirring helps show that my waist is, ya know, actually there? I do struggle with the waistline riding up on certain pieces and that's when I wear a cardigan or use a belt to "move" the waistline down a bit to where my natural waist is since that's more flattering on my body type.

And on that note, fuck empire waisted dresses.
>>
>>9166919
what's a marker doing in your closet? or do you store them somewhere else?
>>
>>9166858
feebreeze, air out,don't know if freezing works for bags
>>
>>9167673
Thank you!
>>
>>9167665
agreed with that fuck empire waisted dresses. I'm 1,79m and with normal dresses I already have to watch out it doesn't end to high. I don't even think most breast area parts of those empire dresses fit over my breast. I'm not chubby trough, but I am curvy.
>>
Tenso forcing their currency rates down our throat while pretending is a good thing for us.

"While making a payment, a total due payment amount will be shown. This change enables our customers to pay the specified amount without having to worry about sudden changes of exchange rates."

Ha.ha.ha.
no.
stop being so fake
>>
>>9167700
I totally hate Tenso.
>>
Anyone else having problems loading Wunderwelt?
>>
>>9167700
They learning from paypal
>>
>>9167742
Yeah.
>>
File: 5aa.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5aa.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
I'm planning on doing a rabbit themed coord for Halloween.
At what point does it become furry? Because I'm not a furry and definitely don't want to be seen as one (for the sake of me and my comm) but the rabbit components of my coord are going to be ears, a nose prosthetic, tail, and contacts
>>
>>9167777
If you just stick to ears/tail it'll probably be fine, the nose seems to be a bit much. Just make sure other parts of your coord reflect your theme without being to explicitly "I am a rabbit" and don't wear a fursuit.
>>
Does The Black Ribbon do restocks? I missed out on their batty cutsew in medium.

>inb4 "that cutsew has t-shirt sleeves, not lolita"
>>
>>9167642
As I said, another anon mentioned back shirring. Also lolibrary says full shirring for dresses that only have it in the back, like the Diner Doll JSK for example.
lolibrary is down at the moment so I can't prove this.

>>9167098
>Full back shirring
>>
So I've got a serious question for y'all. Is there any good resources for like an aspiring brolita? I'd like to try and join a local lolita group, but I haven't been on the con scene for a year due to financial issues. And I haven't found any particularly active groups on the internet recently. Should I deal with it and just be sub-par and rolling solo? I know this board hates sub-par everything. I do legit need help with my shit though. Really, I need someone to help me color coordinate because I'm colorblind. What do?
>>
>>9167792
I think they'll probably restock after DragonCon, they just take all their stock with them.
>>
>>9167828
>a local lolita group
>the con scene
How are the two related at all? Other than the fact lolitas can be found at cons that is.
Try the local comm thread >>9155799 Specify where you live and ask if there's a local comm, look it up on FB and join.
As for resources, other than the general resources that everyone uses regardless of gender, check out the brolita threads in the archive and look in the crossdressing thread as well for tips.
>>
>>9167700
Email a complaint for the option to choose. I sent an angry email and apparently it's for the stupid customers that complained about the exchange rate changing when it was processed from the time they paid and getting foreign transaction fees from their cc or bank (neither of tenso's fault, but you gotta be accommodating).
>>
>>9167874
Well, that was kinda my point. Lolitas are usually at cons. I'd talk to them while crossplaying, but didn't get as interested in the fashion until recently. But thanks for the thread tip.
>>
>>9167892
You don't have to know anyone to join an online comm. Some comms will have a survey to fill out, but that's about it. Just don't be a creeper and you're fine.
>>
>>9167896
It just seems like kinda a closed community. Didn't wanna be that guy. But thanks, that makes me feel less intimidated.
>>
>>9167828
There are also coord help threads on here tough you never know if someone is a good lolita giving you good concrit or just talking out their ass. You can also get coord concrit on egl on livejournal but you will get less replies, but at least you'll know they are lolita's.
>>
>>9167892
???
Lolitas are not usually at cons, most of the lolitas I know only go to one con a year but multiple comm meetups per month. Many lolitas don't go to any cons because the regular meetups are just as fun and much cheaper
>>
>>9167990
I have learned in a previous thread that in some countries con's have fashion shows and lolita related panels apparently, and there are a lot of conlita's I guess.
>>
>>9167888
I emailed when Buyee switched over to the "use your own currency" thing and ofc it's the same answer. It really sucks for people who don't have their country's currency as an option and Tenso is forcing them to get charged in USD now which gives them a worse rate than from JPY.
>>
>>9168043
I don't understand why people even use tenso
>>
>>9168115
What is an alternative to Tenso if Japanese stores won't ship internationally?
>>
>>9168131
why not use buyee or just have a ss deal with it? a ss is easier imo and not much more expensive
>>
>>9168160
>buyee=tenso...
>>
>>9168160
Shopping services are frequently more expensive with added on commission fees than a service that merely forwards your package...
>>
>>9167700
I'm still so salty AP wants us to use Tenso to buy from their international store when they could ship things out before just fine.
>>
>>9168131
There are tons of shopping services on livejournal and facebook
>>
>>9168131
I use fromjapan
>>
>>9168188
I understand, but I still think I'd rather pay tenso because it's cheaper in general than paying a SS plus other fees that come with a shopping service
>>
>>9168178
my apologies, i wasn't aware they're the same since i use a ss.

>>9168184
i've asked my SS to be a forwarder and she charges a reduced fee to receive packages vs travel+in-store expenses. it's basically the same as tenso but i get the added benefit of having someone who can accommodate my weirder needs (like reducing customs, etc). the fees might be a little more than using tenso but the convenience makes all the difference for me.
>>
>>9168191
Oh, I didn't know Tenso was so cheap. My SS charges 10% and no other fees. Only if she has to use public transport to go to a shop I have to pay for her bus ticket or whatever, but almost all shops have a webshop anyway.
>>
>>9167670
I packed the skirt in a bag so I could change quickly before a meetup. Unfortunately, I failed to notice the open marker already in the bag. My blouse, headbow, and OTKs were fine...but the skirt is now at the dry cleaners'. Hopefully it'll make it.
>>
>>9167934
Woah it's still alive?
>>
>>9168408
More like on life support
>>
New fag asking for help.
I know aristocratic isn't really Lolita, but I really love the style and would like to try. The only problem is that most of what I'm finding is cheap China made crap.
Does anyone know of any good sites OR any styles of actual Lolita that are similar that I might like?
Thanks for and all help!
>>
>>9168634
For aristo, the brands are Atelier Boz, Moitie, and Alice and the Pirates mainly. If you like femme aristo add Millefleurs/Millenoirs, Atelier Pierrot to the list.
>>
>>9168634
Fanplusfriend
>>
>>9168637
>>9168640
Thank you so much for the quick replies!
>>
>>9168637
>>9168634
Don't forget BPN! I love that kind of edgy goth aristo. Some really great looking BPN skirts just went up on CC
>>
Has anyone tried to dye any pieces made from polyester or other synthetic materials? How did it go?

I just bought something which is partially bleached, but it's black and I'm hoping I can dye it back to a wearable state. Should I only dye the sleeve that's been bleached or should I dye the whole thing for a more uniform outcome?
>>
>>9168920
dye the whole thing, but for poly you need to boil it and use specific dyes for synthetics.
>>
>>9168634
>>9168637

For AatP, look at their older stuff for for Aristocrat stuff. In the last few years, the amount of stuff they do has become Sweeter, and more cutesey, including on the boystyle side of things. I used to love AatP, but hardly ever bother looking these days. Boz and Moitie are the main two brands to look at. I love some of Innocent World's stuff for a more 'casual', higher hemline hybrid Aristo/Lolita look, using some of their long length dresses. For accessories, such as scarves, handbags, and jewellery, I love Alexander McQueen.
>>
>>9168408
Most comm's are completely dead, but the egl comm and btb is still alive. People these days just want to give quick, short replies and their pictures to have hundreds of likes, so livejournal itself isn't popular. So I would expect maybe 1-5 replies if you post there but I still think it's better than taking advice from trolls and non-lolita's on here.
>>
I want to start getting some secondhand stuff to build up a wardrobe for casual every day wear and I'm wondering where I should go for the best deals?

Right now I'm searching Y!J Auctions and S2 Taobao.
Are there any other places I should look? I don't much care if it's an unpopular/old dress, I just want to start out with stuff I won't have to feel too anxious about wearing/washing because I dropped $150+ on it and it's brand new.
>>
>>9169334
mercari, maiden clothing, usagi second hand, closet child
>>
>>9169334
oh and wunderwelt, duh.
>>
How do you know if a store in Japan might have physical stock of something that is sold out online? Would just contacting an SS and asking if they could check be the best option?
>>
>>9169387
wunderwelt only has good deals for older things. Go with maiden clothing and usagi if you don't want the hassle of an SS, but mercari has been pretty good.
>>
>>9169384
>>9169387
>>9169413
Thank you! I'm not picky at all so hopefully between all these choices I'll have plenty to spend my money on.
>>
secrets
>>
Is anybody else having trouble replying to messages on Lacemarket? I've been trying for the past two days only to be met with an error.
>>
Posting here since there isn't a petticoat thread. Malco Modes is having 20% off all petticoats until the 5th so if you've been eyeing one I'd recommend grabbing it. Use the code laborday for the discount.
>>
>>9169619
all those COF thread secrets scream babby's first week on cgl/BTB
>>
>>9169770
Email your connect direct.
>>
Did Fanplusfriend get a lot better in recent years, or am I just getting old?
>>
>>9169838
I hope so otherwise I'll be pretty irritated when my order comes in.
>>
>tfw i forgot to submit my secret this week and it's going to be outdated by next week
fuck... probably going to submit it anyways... it wasn't anything mean it was just a fun little thing i slapped together
>>
>>9169619
What up with the content behind number ten being deleted. I really want to know what it was.
>>
>>9169993
Comments said something about sexual fantasies and that it'd been submitted last week too.
>>
>>9169993
>>9169996
It was about that brolita who makes really great and cohesive coords. He started posting on CoF and that garnered enough attention for someone to make that secret. If a complete stranger on the told street told me they'd tie me up, etc I'd be freaked out
>>
>>9169408
I did this for Rosy Nights Masquerade like a week ago. Everything was sold out online and they still had a lot of stock in store. I was even able to get the cat headdress in black. Depending on the brand you can even email and inquire about available store stock.
>>
>>9170052
Thats a bit extreme, that guy is mega adorable but thats going too far into creep territory to post a secret like that. I hope he's not too bothered by it.
>>
>>9169619
Two secrets removed already. That kinda sucks since I wanted to know what they were
>>
File: 143724-s-02.jpg (25KB, 450x570px) Image search: [Google]
143724-s-02.jpg
25KB, 450x570px
Anybody own this dress? I need to know how far it can stretch in the bust. I see it says 98 cm on lolibrary but with it being both shirred and a halter top I was wondering if it had more leeway or not.
>>
I've been away from Lolita for a some years. I have some very basic, stupid questions.

What days and at what time does Closet Child update again?
Is Alice Fururun still a popular place to shop second hand? Which stores are "in" now?
EGL is dead, right? Are there no more online comms anymore? What is the best place to share stuff about Lolita now? I know everybody is on tumblr and facebook, bit I mean like a forum, lige EGL or CGL. Also, where do I find new and updated resources and Links, like there used to be in EGL?

>>9167625 I tried google but didn't quite understand. How can I know a user's tripcode to check the archives?

Thanks!
>>
What is the best way to test if a garment is going to run when washed?
>>
>>9170509
-Sundays and Thursdays though I don't recall the time
-People still use it but it's not popular from what I'm aware of. Then again I'm also a "newer" lolita (2 years in). Wunderwelt seems to be the other secondhand shop to go to along with auctions.

-EGL is dead more or less. Other than tumblr and facebook groups you're kinda out of luck. There admittedly is reddit but it's not what I would consider good. You can find a lot of resources from here: thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/ and lolita-tips.tumblr.com

Also since you said you've been away a bit, hellolace is dead and not safe to visit so lolibary is the only resource of that type around.
>>
>>9170536
it's Wednesday, not Thurs.

>>9170509
the egl comm sales is still a great place to find pieces, especially the leaving lolita sales

for secondhand, fururun is still good, as well as Usagi Youhinten, and of course Mercari and Y!JAuctions
>>
>>9170552
My apologies. The timezone is so late that it's Thurs for me.
>>
>>9170536
Thanks kind anon! Oh wow, Hello Lace is dead? I feel old.

>>9170552
Thanks! Bookmarked all of them.
>>
>>9170536
>>9170509
CC updates on Thursdays and Sundays 5pm JST.
>>
>>9170618
Awesome, thanks!
>>
>>9169807
Sorry for the stupid question, what is connect direct?
>>
>>9170529
Are you trolling? This gets asked and answered all the time. Plus Google can tell you in two seconds.
>>
>>9170552
Classic American thinking that everything revolves around their shitty timezone. It's Thursday.
>>
>>9170918
sorry to disappoint you, but it updates thursday morning for (or very late wednesday night) for 2/3 of america.
>>
>>9170194
Do you know which store branch this was?
>>
jfc why are lolitas so unreliable? how can i politely demand my shit get sent to me at their expense?

>group ordered with comm member while on vacation
>person is moving out of the country tomorrow
>still hasn't mailed my shit after a week+ of time
>complains i should come get the stuff myself before she leaves
>doesn't care that i'm still away on vacation
>>
>>9170938
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>9170321
Yea, looks like 10s been explained anyone save 2 I'm curious. Says it was removed because the girls suicidal?
>>
>>9170913
I am not. I don't trust google for shit like that.
>>
>>9170987
Shinjuku store.
>>
>>9169408
If it's baby just send an email, the instructions are all on their website http://www.babyssb.co.jp/overseas/the-method-of-a-mail-order/
For AP you need a japanese address or SS.
For other brads I have no experience so just email and ask.
>>
>>9170194
Rosy Night Masquerade was only popular outside of Japan. Most of the physical stores have all colors still in stock.
>>
Michael in red for a pretty good price, I very nearly bought it myself but I'm still waiting for it in navy.

http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/107258
>>
Can I wear a single, high ponytail for sweet lolita?
I can't recall ever seeing anyone wearing just one ponytail, but I want to if I can.
Can, and not look bad.
>>
>>9171299
I think a side pony works and looks cute with sweet.
>>
>>9171090
It was a pic of white tshirt chick from cof
>>
>>9171119
I'd rather trust Google than anons on 4chan.
Someone here once told me to use lipgloss on my eye lids. This place isn't for advice.
>>
>>9171205
I know, anon, I know, but I already have credit card debts
>>
>>9171299
Ponys are cute with sweet. Maybe curl it a little and wear a huge bow.
>>
>>9171157
Are you for real? I've been thinking about this dress every day since the first preview pictures showed up, but just didn't have the money on release day. I want the JSK I in red so bad, do you really think an in-store SS could get it for me? I haven't tried cause I thought it was a bloodbath for that cut and colorway...
>>
Does anyone ever feel ashamed of how much brand they own? I don't own that much lolita clothing overall but I feel like my wardrobe is predominately brand and that this makes me look too rich even though I have never spent over $120 on any one piece.
>>
>>9171412
>80+ pieces
>99% brand

Lol nope
>>
>>9171299
Yeah, it's cute.
>>
>>9171376
Red was the only colorway sold out in store when I got mine. I would email baby and inquire if they have any red left.
>>
>>9170509
egl is not dead it's just way less active than before. kind of like in the beginning. the most activity is on facebook now, there are a lot of different groups like closet of frills, rufflechat, lolita sales, your local lolita comm etc.

>>9171299
you can have any feminine hairstyle with lolita as long as it goes with your coord.
>>
>>9171412
Sometimes I do, but then I basically go "but am I enjoying this?" And then I tell my financial anal retentiveness to go hang. I'm being perfectly fiscally responsible. I pay my bills, have decent savings, don't feel the need to have a credit card so no massive CC debt, and my student loans are manageable. I don't need to live like I have to save every penny, because I don't. Having tens of thousands in the bank is useless unless you do something with it instead of sitting in a bare apartment on /cgl/ letting all your damn issues get worse.

Sorry, I'm ranting at myself there. But the tl;dr is that yes I sometimes feel guilty.
>>
>>9171299
Its a really really common hairstyle anon but yes its cute and looks fine
>>
File: mell.jpg (74KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
mell.jpg
74KB, 280x373px
can some anons explain to me why Wish Me Mell in particular is always listed for so much? I don't really follow super sweet but every time I see it for sale, in any cut (even the salo), it's like $400+

just came across an OP in auction for 120 thousand yen...
>>
>>9171781
Do you not know how supply/demand works? How new are you?
>>
>>9171786

not even old school pieces go for that much, and this was released in 2013. I was just wondering because, unlike Honey Cake which people were very vocal about coveting, I have not heard diddly about this print.
>>
>>9171795
This is an anonymous image board. What are you smoking to think every post you don't like is the same person?

>>9171796
>not even old school pieces go for that much

I can't even begin to express how dumb this statement is. The age of a piece doesn't make the price goes up, the popularity does.
>>
>>9171800
It's not that I didn't like the post, I just recognize that typing style, this board isn't particularly active this time of day
It's just a little worrisome is all
>>
>>9171803
That was the first thing I've posted all day. You need to get off whatever drugs you're on, I hear weed makes you paranoid.
>>
>>9171806
See that's what I mean, you just sound genuinely angry, I feel like something must have happened to you earlier.
You can talk about it if you want
>>
>>9171806
>drugs
>weed
lol
>>
>>9171807
Your posts are so off base I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading them. Are you projecting and want someone to talk to or something?

>>9171811
Alcohol is also a drug. Do you not know what drugs are?
>>
wow, fuck you guys. one simple question to bolster discussion but you just want to sit around and argue.
I forgot grade school hasn't started back up yet.
>>
>>9171812
Well, I just felt like someone should check on you, you just seem so upset right now
I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, I hope it gets better for you, you're clever and you have a lot to offer.
Hope your day gets better
>>
>>9171815
Why are you so mad you were called out on being new?
>>
>>9171781

Okay so anon.... Yes you sound really new, but I'm not going to completely shit post you.

Basically Wish Me Mell is a very sought after print but you dont hear about it as much because a lot of western girls just arent will to spend 1000+ on a sweet dress. I dont know how many they made but this sold out super fast in Japan because it was a really nicely done sanrio collab. Even the accessories from this set go for hefty prices, especially the stuffed Mell bag.

Another expensive and rare AP piece is Lapin Chocolate, and you barely hear about that one as well.
>>
I bought some stuff from Innocent world's website, got the confirmation email and the invoice, which I paid in full on Aug 30, but I still havent received a tracking number for my order. Does it usually take this long for them to ship? I bought something from Baby recently and they were very fast.
>>
>>9171870
oooooh it's after a Sanrio character. that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.
I just did not know the context of the print and its value puzzled me. while I am a style hopper, I'm mostly gothic.
>>
>>9171878
Stop making excuses, we all know you're new.
>>
>>9171050
dont be afraid to be rude, demand it man.
>>
Is it normal for tenso to only list a package's number of contents as 1, no matter how many items are actually in the parcel? I bought two items from AP (dress and headbow), but my tenso only shows the package as containing one item, of the value of the dress only. Like the headbow isn't there. I know I bought both and both were shipped per my email receipt from AP. Were they shipped to tenso in separate packages, or does tenso just list the first item on the invoice?
>>
File: 6.png (2MB, 1055x1320px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
2MB, 1055x1320px
Are there any lolita brand mooks available in JP atm?
>>
>>9172024
They usually list everything. They need it itemized for customs.
>>
>>9172032
There's an AP mook out now.
>>
>>9171816
Not even that anon but your patronizing posts make me want to punch a wall
>>
>>9172040
Thanks for the quick reply anon. I'll send them an inquiry about it.
>>
>>9167227
At 5ft and 95lbs I was hospitalised and forced onto re-feeding. Hallucinations, hair falling out, psychotic thoughts, suicidal, periods stopped and all that jazz.

I'm 145lbs but my waist is 60cm. Can you imagine how skelly I was 50 lbs lighter. I'm definitely not pro ana or anything and obviously overweight but 68cm does seem pretty big to me. I'm assuming that's apple shaped girls with really slim arms and legs though.
>>
>>9167175
holy crap she's cute
>>
>>9172062
I'm sorry about your history. I hope though that you don't come on here and shame people for their waist. If what you say is true, you know better than anyone else that it's all about body shape. I weigh about the same as you and am the same height, but my waist is 80 cm. It's very unfortunate for me, but such is life and genetics. There's not anything I can do about it, my proportions will always be vastly different from yours no matter how much weight I lose.
>>
>>9172062
your body shape sounds weird as fuck.. 95 pounds at 5 ft is pretty normal usually? I'm 102 at 5'4" and not anorexic looking at all.
>>
>>9172062
I'm two inches taller and 115lbs, 26ish waist. To be frank I have a hard time imagining being 145lbs but still having a waist smaller than mine.
>>
>>9171803
Not anyone else in this thread, but sometimes I'll imitate how other anons speak to be less identify-able. For instance, I noticed some one using two dashes -- so I started doing it too.
You're not supposed to be able to tell anons apart. Stop trying.
>>
does anyone have a picture of the dress that was released that was a beer and sausages?
>>
>>9172108
She probably has an extreme pear or hourglass shape. A lady I work with who is definitely overweight carries all her weight in her legs and arms and has a very tiny waist and bust. I obviously don't know her measurements but I'm sure just off bust/waist alone you'd think she's pretty petite when in actuality she's not.
>>
>>9172162
I'm super interested in this too- is it meant to look german? I don't think I ever even saw something like this.
>>
>>9172166
>>9172108
Not even that anon but I think this is the same anon who posted in one of the oft-deleted workout/weight loss threads and has dat ass and thighs. She'd make an amazing (short) Chun Li.
>>
File: itstimetostap.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
itstimetostap.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>when threads get derailed talking about measurements and weight
>every god damn time
>>
>>9172229
You don't need to justify yourself anon. The other anon is an asshole and you're only serving to help derail the thread further. You know your circumstances don't let them get to you.
>inb4 other anon baits me too. Don't bother I'm not responding I just don't enjoy watching people filet themselves over bait either.
>>
>>9172238
Sorry you misinterpreted, 115 and 70 cm is my goal.
>>
>>9171120
Thank you.

>>9171157
Good to know.
>>
>>9171873

If you're still here.

That's only been three working days. You can check IW's working schedule on their website, it's a little calender on the left about halfway down the page.

If you don't hear after a whole week or two, then it's time to email them. I've had an order delayed into weeks because a headbow had to be shipped in from another store. But a friend has had an order fall through the cracks, it was a really popular item so I guess they got inundated with orders and somehow lost track of hers.
>>
OOooohh Baby done fucked it now. They had rereleases of Tea Time Nostalgia, and supposed special Shanghai limited color and cuts of Belle et la secret de la rose, and Searching for Baeoque at the teaparty. Now the 'limited' releases are going to be on sale in Japan on the 10th. For cheaper than they were at the teaparty. Chinese girls are PISSED.

Main goal of going to teaparties is getting the special releases. Some paid for domestic flights, hotels, and the teaparty ticket to buy what is now a freely available dress at an inflated price. Pics later I'm on phone. At least when AP says limited special edition they stick to their guns and don't try to play two-faced.
>>
File: ohbabyplease.gif (537KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
ohbabyplease.gif
537KB, 245x180px
>>9171456
I e-mailed them but unfortunately, they have no stock left for the red colorway. I got my hopes up too high and now I'm even more crushed than before, haha. Thank you for your help, though, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>9172401
Chinese lolita are such entitled drama queens. We never get a special release at any tea party we come for the tea and good company
>>
>>9172401
I love Baby drama, keep us updated. And thanks! Good to see you back.
>>
>>9172401
The Sept 10th release Tea Time Nostalgia is $100 over the original release price and Searching for Baroque about $80 more.
Did the Chinese really pay even more than that over retail?
>>
Tea Time Nostalgia is gorgeous wow. Never knew about the print before, or the "limited" re-release. (Too bad that cut would look terrible on me)

I feel bad for the Chinese Lolitas... I'd be mad too if I was in their shoes.
>>
>>9171873
There's a notice on IW's website stating that Fujiwara and one of the team members are in the US for San Japan, and that shipping won't resume until they return on September 8th.
>>
>>9172413
we don't, but i'll bet western lolitas would be doing the same damn thing if special releases WERE given to us and would be extra butthurt if BABY did the same to us.
>>
>>9172435
I don't think so actually. Unless Baby lied to you and said that they would never release it any where else ever?
If this happened in the US, a small group of people would be butthurt and they would be told to get over it by the majority. When you buy a lolita dress it should be because you like that dress and you think it's worth spending that money on it. No point getting angry if someone else gets it cheaper.
>>
>>9172401

I wonder if it's actually leftovers that Baby is selling at a discount in Japan because sales was very far below what they expected?

About half of the special sets we've seen on the AP online shop were actually Tokyo store exclusives. If it's popular it'll sell out at the Tokyo store, if it's not then AP will eventually drag their feet and get around to uploading it onto the online shop. Even a few of last month's 10k yen special sets were originally La Foret exclusives that didn't sell out.
>>
>>9172401
To be honest, if they are so into having their own stuff then don't order and never pay. The only reason baby had to re sell all this items is because around 100 people canceled their orders. So baby has hundreds of unsold dresses they produced for unpaying buyers. What do you really want baby to do? Burn all the dresses and lose all the money just so chinese girls don't throw a fit?
>>
>>9172410
Don't lose hope. That is how baby works. They might be sold out right now but then they might have some available a few days later from people who never payed or defective items that were mended and stuff like that. Keep stalking the site and you might find it restocked.
>>
>>9172486
Thank you, I'll do that! I know I sound so petty, but I'm just so madly in love with it. Trying to decide which of my dresses to sell to be able to pay inflated second hand prices, but maybe I'll get lucky and they restock it...so that's a really good tip, thank you so much!
>>
>>9172413
sour grapes

>>9172416
thanks

>>9172417
idk the original retail but the teaparty rerelease of TTN was 40.3k jpy, and the listed price for the 10ths release is 37.8k Some girls who bought multiple colors and cuts are out a couple hundred bucks. Not to mention the money they spent getting there and for the ticket.

>>9172440
>this new
Exclusives are meant to be, wait for it, exclusive! Oh wow no shit. AP just had limited stock according to ticket numbers and brought it with them. It always sells out. Baby on the other hand didnt even bring physical stock, it was limited pre-orders (can't remember if all of them were, but pretty sure belle was) Then there was wank about reservation order, identity confirmation, VIP something. Check the archives I reported on this as it happened. I think some girls have waited 6+ months for their dresses. Then Baby pulls this. woah

Baby did promise the colors and cuts were specially designed for the SH teaparty.
>>
original teaparty prices, underlined in red says 'Shanghai Exclusive'
>>
New release prices
>>
Baby's item page
>>
>>9172413
>tea
>good company

What is this like? The only Baby tea I've ever been to was shit.
>>
>>9172108
This is why it's pointless to call people out about measurements on here without seeing photos. Body shapes are weird as fuck.
>>
>>9172162
Ugh fuck I know the one you're talking about but I can't for the life of me remember the name or brand.
>>
>>9172476
Full translation
>Shanghai Tea-party Exclusive items (Reservation by Lottery)
>[Belle et la secret de la rose dress] (Shanghai exclusive new color
>[Searching for Baroque Corset JSK] (Shanghai exclusive cut; ivory, pink, green, and black 4 colors)
>Selection of past classic print dresses (All Shanghai limited edition versions)
>On the day of the teaparty, not only is [Belle] going to be displayed in a new exclusive color, but all other classic prints have been re-designed for this teaparty.

And then some other shit not relevant to this wank.

So
Baroque at teaparty:40,824 jpy now:37,800

No prices for Belle. But considering Baby went all out claiming "EXCLUSIVE FOR U" on everything, I'd be pretty pissed too.

>>9172519
This was the payment page of a girl who went to the teaparty. Everything had to be paid for in full up front for the reservation, so idk how they could cancel. I'll keep an eye out to see if that's real. As far as I know it's not possible and Baby will blacklist.
>>
>>9172513
It's 39,744 with tax so a 1,000 difference. That's not hundreds of dollars.
And neither TTN or Bar seem to be new cuts/colors so idk how it could be interpreted they were exclusive? From what >>9172476 said this is possibly extra stock from cancelled orders? There's no wine or black available for TTN so it's quite in the realm of possibility.
The money they spent on tea party tickets and any possible travel is irrelevant. It was their choice to pay what they did to attend a tea party. Don't think any Baby tea party has ever had a dress exclusive to just the party attendee. They got a great pre-order deal t b h.
Oh well any Chinese butthurt lasts about 5 seconds before the new IT print comes out or there's a sale.
>>
UPDATE: Baby has apologized and corrected the price difference for the Baroque jsk.

>>9172527
If you look at >>9172519 she bought 3 Baroques, with a difference of 3k yen each.
>>
>>9172525
They didn't pay up front, just ask any of the people that attended. After they ordered they were contacted by baby staff and then were asked to pay within a set amount of time.
This is what really happened:
>Baby had leftover printed fabric so they made special exclusive very limited items for the shanghai tea party.
>Shanghai lolitas lost it when the tea party was horrible and the stuff was so limited and not everyone could order everything they wanted.
>Baby apologized by opening the reservations for everyone. Every person could order one of each item
>400 attendees order
>Baby processes all orders and sends all ordered items into production
>People don't pay, hundreds of dresses get canceled
>Baby gets stuck with hundreds of canceled dresses that obviosuly they will want to sell at some point
>They announce the special sale and baby staff mistakenly publishes a price on a store blog
>Shanghai people complain because OMGGGGG RACISMMM BABY ONLY WANTS TO SELL TO JAPAN AND HATES CHINESE!1!!!!

Just ask the girls that sent emails complaining to baby, some store staff made a mistake with the price. The prices of the dresses is the exact same.
>>
>>9172531
I was talking about TTN which you said the TP release was 40.3k and baw the FNO price was 37k (without tax)
FNO TTP price ¥39,744
>>9172519 tea party price ¥39,744

Baroque FNO price ¥40,824
>>9172519 tea party price ¥40,824

So there is no actual price difference and they're whinging about nothing.
>>
File: 1365964630098.gif (420KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1365964630098.gif
420KB, 320x180px
Just out of curiosity, do any of you wear lolita to university? Or know others that do? (maybe they're in the same one as yours)
>>
>>9172531
Huh, didn't know Baby was participating in the Fashion's Night Out. Even more tempted to go. Also considering not because I'm supremely unfashionable and most of my Lolita is more fall/winter.
>>
>>9172533
Yea sorry I got that wrong. Posting on my phone on the go. Thanks.

>>9172532
Damn gurl I can just go home now. U got this. Is this Victorianme?

People on weibo seem to have calmed down a bit.
>>
>>9172534
I want to. I'm trying to start a secondhand taobao wardrobe for just that since it gets really dull wearing jeans+tee everyday. I'll likely be overdressed for 5-10 person classes but whatever.
>>
>>9172534
>>9172577
I know lolitas at my university but none of us wear lolita to class. A newbie sorta did but wasn't really lolita, just her dress. I wore lolita to lunch when I was living in the dorms freshmen year once but never to class. I'm in small classes that are like 15-30 people per class, so I have too much anxiety about being a disruption to even attempt lolita there. There's a fall festival this week though so I'm tempted to try wearing one of my dresses to it just to fit the theme.
>>
>>9172580
Yeah that's my issue. I see an I'm and at fashion people around but everyone in my class is pretty normal aside from one girl doing tumblr fashion and flower crowns.
I'll probably restrict wearing lolita on the day I have one class so I'm not disruptive and save everything for Spring semester when I feel less anxious about showing up in a wig and makeup when no one would really know me yet. Less questions like "Did you grow your hair? Why suddenly wearing dresses?"
There's a fall festival here as well but sadly on a day I'm not on campus.
>>
>>9172577
Just realized phone ate part of my post

*secondhand and taobao
Taobao is cheap enough as is without going secondhand for it.
>>
>>9172583
>>9172583
Jfc I just need to stop mobile posting when I'm out, sorry!
*anime and alt fashion
>>
>>9172513
She didn't talk about exclusives in the post I responded to, just mentioned a limited colourway of one of the dresses. It sounded to me like they were mainly pissed about Japanese people getting it with a small discount.
>>
I hope baby blacklisted the lolita's who cancelled their order
>>
>>9172534
I wore lolita to uni once or twice. My school has a big media faculty so theres already lots of weird hair colors and thing. I usually wear mallgoth or jeans tshirt hoodie. A few teachers complimented me on looking classy, a few friends commented I was wearing a dress, a couple people wanted photos, and some idiot asked me if it was my national costume. I'm Asian and was wearing a jetj angel dress with cream blouse, lace tights, oxfords, and a braided half updo. WTF? It was very normie and toned down classic, so even if I had a petti it wasn't too outrageous.

Do it, if it makes you feel happy and pretty. Just be sure to consider comfort and practicality. Avoid big hair accessories that might block someone elses view.
>>
>>9172534
I wear lolita to uni and there are lolita's in my comm who do it too but no one at the same uni as me. Only the first few days people gave me looks and someone asked why I was so dressed up and that was all.

>>9172580
>anxiety about being a disruption
Why would it be a disruption?
>>
>>9172534
I've done it a couple times. Once for a presentation, but everyone just called me a fairy and wanted to touch my poof.
>>
>>9172623
>Why would it be a disruption?
Are you kidding? Even if the reaction is positive that still means there are people losing their shit over someone's clothes which detracts from anything anyone else is trying to do.

I wear a cute hat to the store and normies lose their shit.
>>
>>9172646
This is true. People get baffled and gawk over clothes too damn easily.
>>
>>9171412
I sometimes feel a bit weird about owning almost only brand side pieces like boleros, blouses, leg wear, bags etc. since the majority of my comm only wears brand main pieces (mostly prints) and goes Taobao or Bodyline for all the other stuff. I also have a much higher bolero/blouse/etc.-to-main piece ratio than the rest of my comm. I feel this makes my wardrobe much more versatile than that of someone who owns tons of prints but only has one way to coord each of them, but since it's the opposite of what other girls in my community do it still feels odd.
>>
>>9172718
Forgot to mention that sometimes I do feel a bit 'ashamed' (if that's the right word) that I spend money on side pieces that could be bought for cheaper on TB, for instance. Like I could use that money to buy more main pieces or just put it in savings. But I'm hardly ever happy with offbrand boleros so I'd rather spend the extra money there, even if it may seem like an unnecessary expense to many people.
>>
>>9171786
>>9171800
>>9171806
>>9171812
>>9171887
>>9172048
Is /cgl/ on its collective period again? And you bitches are leaving me out?
>>
>>9172534
I work at a university (used to be a student there, graduated, got a job there). I wear lolita at least once a week, either w/o a petti or w/ a small one. I do get a lot of looks from sorority girls who are in their long shirt with short shorts uniform, but I've also had girls come up to me and say they like lolita and ask me about my dresses. There are very few other lolitas in my town so sometimes I feel like maybe I can recruit people this way.
>>
>>9172532
Fuck, Chinese girls are entitled little cunts aren't they?
>>
>>9172607
After the Tocco incident, baby boss banned blacklisting. Also Tocco is now gone and the two girls left with the international shop are very nice. Tocco reign of blacklist terror is over so shop away
>>
Joking about blowing all of your student loan on dresses but not being sure if you're actually joking or not..
>>
>>9172532
Basically
>Chinese are cunts yet again
how shocking. No wonder all brands hate Chinese
>>
>>9173184
>student loan
Don't do it. You gotta pay that shit back.
>>
>>9172730
Who are you again?
>>
Getting this coat next time Antique Beast opens, does anyone own it? I'd like to know if it's at all warm, being i live in Canada it'd be good to know beforehand if i need a separate coat for winter or if this will be enough.
http://a-beast.ocnk.net/product/165
>>
inb4 this whole thread gets derailed into a weight/measurement debate again but

Can we talk about sizing of different brands? After being into lolita for awhile now and obtaining a lot of dresses off my AP wishlist, I've sort of branched out into other items I want. Brands I know fit me are IW, AP, and Meta.
I've had no go experiences with baby but I've only had their half shirred pieces. Is AaTPs same sizing as baby? Whats your experience with the full back shirring pieces?
I'm extremely interested in Atelier Boz items.

Please discuss in general your experience with brand items and their fit.
>>
>>9173962
Boz stuff tends to be smaller in the waist area, a lot of people seem to have trouble fitting into the lady's size jackets. I would say the 88-90cm listed max bust is true though. My roland jackets have probably around a 68-70cm waist. Mens sizing exists though for larger sizing.

I have not tired any of their dresses or skirts yet.
>>
>>9173247
I have to pay it all back anyway and only when I earn enough
>Not in shitty America
>>
Now that we are on the topic of sizing... I have a fully shirred JSK that is stretched out, what can I do to repair it? I couldn't find any tutorials
>>
I made a thread for jfashion books but it's dying with 0 replies, so I'm going to ask here. Can anyone recommend me books about jfashion and history of lolita? Also vampire books for Moitie lovers? And picture/art books?
>>
>>9172191
It is meant to look German. My best friend was showing me an OP with an animal but border print and it made me think of the beer and sausage one so I wanted to show it to her,
>>
>>9173250
I'm Anon! Don't you remember me? That hurts.
>>
>>9174244
But that's like taking a loan out to buy dresses. Just why.
>>
>>9174398
It's a dumb idea to take out a loan for a hobby. If one does not have the money, don't buy it.
>>
>>9164902
Does anyone own the Princess Cat OP?

Can you please tell me where the waist falls on you? I really love the dress, and I'm normally fine in mid and low waist dresses, but if it's higher than usual I'm scared my bust will lift it and it will look really awkward and mumu-esque (the rest of my body proportions are average size, if not quite petite - I just got dem big ol' titties). :c
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.