[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your personal style? I'm not talking about just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: 59018606_23.jpg (141KB, 699x466px) Image search: [Google]
59018606_23.jpg
141KB, 699x466px
What's your personal style?
I'm not talking about just saying that you are into sweet / gothic / classic, but more of your personal taste towards lolita.
There's so much themes and looks to pick from that your choices and what you like can be seen through your outfits.
How do you wear lolita?

>Do you wear lolita everyday, whenever you can, or only at meets?
>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accesories do you own?
>Do you own more prints or basic color pieces?
>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most? (please be specific, don't just say "red" or "pink" but specify what they look like or what hue they are)
>How do you like your hair/wigs? Any lenght, color or hairstyle?
>Is there any particular trend that you love?
>Do you consider yourself sweet, classic, gothic, a combination of some, or wear all styles?
>What substyles of lolita do you like? Sailor Lolita? Country Lolita? Punk Lolita?
>What other fashions do you wear?
>Is there anything you had always wanted to try in lolita?

Now for the most importan questions:
What themes influence you the most and build your wardrove arround? Here's some themes I can think of:
>Dolls
>Princesses
>Queens
>Pirates
>Witches
>Magic apprentice
>Fairies
>Nypmhs
>Fawns
>Mythical creatures
>Fairytales
>Peasants
>Farmers
>Powerful Lady or Lord
>Carnivals
>School Teacher
>Detective
>etc. You get the idea
What outer sources influence you in lolita? (Examples: Betsy Clark, Holly Hobbie, Sanrio, a play, a movie, an anime, a book, etc)
And finally, what time period do you like mixing in your lolita wardrove the most? Some examples:
>Victorian
>Rococo
>Regency
>The 50's
>The 20's
etc.
Points if you post a picture (doesn't have to be yours) or a collage.
>>
More themes:
>Ballerina
>Waitress (not maid)
>Nurse
>Captain
>Colonel
>Swordsman
>Knight
>Musician
>Bride
>Nun
>>
Can we turn this into a lifestyle thread?

As much as I can. Aspiring to that 24/7 lifestyle, yo.

>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accesories do you own?
I'd say a good mix of all - mostly the OTT stuff are accessories, and the main pieces range from OTT to regular to toned-down. I'm trying to build a more casual wardrobe now, though.

Honestly it's even. I'm really picky with prints and prefer solid color pieces with details in general, I'd like to get more.

>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most? (please be specific, don't just say "red" or "pink" but specify what they look like or what hue they are)
Dark pinks, dusty rose, lavender, and mint are my favorite. I also really adore creams and browns... Yellow is my favorite color, but pale yellow doesn't look the best on me, so I don't have too many main pieces that are yellow (besides the fact it's a more rare color in lolita)

>How do you like your hair/wigs? Any length, color or hairstyle?
No preference, really, it just has to suit the outfit. I like using my own hair when I can...

I loved the peignoir trend a few years ago, although I never wore any, but they looked so cute on other people. I don't know of any current trends that I like, really...

>Do you consider yourself sweet, classic, gothic, a combination of some, or wear all styles?
Sweet or semi-sweet/classic

>What substyles of lolita do you like? Sailor Lolita? Country Lolita? Punk Lolita?
LOVE country lolita. I need to wear that more often.

My normie fashion is kind of otome-cutesy-girly

True twinning, where the outfits are 100% the same - with someone who looks similar to me!
>>
File: 1414480249151.jpg (164KB, 321x518px) Image search: [Google]
1414480249151.jpg
164KB, 321x518px
>>9162804
continuing:

>Themes:
For lolita I actually try to have a bunny and/or strawberry theme as much as possible. Since these are two motifs that are prevalent it's easy to make a wardrobe from those two...

I also really love fairy tales and stories like Anne of Green Gables, Heidi, A Little Princess, Secret Garden, etc. And Jane Austen novels and other things like that... I really like the more simple semi-sweet lolita that looks similar to what characters in those stories might wear.

I also really like mori-girl (used to dress that way a lot when I lived in a colder climate) as well as natural-kei, and the more quirky otome (like pic related)

Anyone else aspiring to lifestyle lolita? What little things do you do to achieve that feeling of being a lifestyler? I like having tea everyday, writing in my journal, arts like embroidery, reading, and generally decorating my house in a sort of shabby-chic cute way.
>>
>>9162375
Whenever I can, I don't yet have enough lolita to wear every day.
I would say pretty much everything I own is on the more simple side. I don't go to meets so OTT doesn't fit in my daily life much.
Almost exclusively solids and basic prints (like gingham, pinstripes, etc).
I like navy, deep red, cream, chocolate brown, and milky pink.
I have a bob and just lightly curl it and call it a day.
I guess I would be a classic lolita, but I also wear toned down sweet pretty frequently.
I wear a lot of sailor and academy style lolita, especially since fall is coming up.
>What other fashions do you wear
Generally girly jfashion from like DreamV and Axes Femme. It still matches my blouses and boleros, but isn't poofy so it's easier to wear.
>What themes influence you the most and build your wardrove arround?
I have a lot of teddy bear themed items, I just can't help myself.
>>
I can only wear lolita at meets due to being a student in the medical field. That being said I prefer wearing it like this anyways due to feeling more at ease in a group.
>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accessories do you own?
I only have 2 pieces that lend themselves to OTT. I prefer casual and toned down pieces and accessories as I can mix them with daily wear.
Prints
Black, cream, wine, and milky pink (light pink?)
I sometimes wear my natural hair but I also have a black bob wig and a long dark dark brown wig. I wear what best fits my coord.
Not really
Sweet or sweet-classic
Sailor although it can get a little repetitive. I also like college style or academic, whichever it's called
Generally girly fashion like in the Casual Cute thread >>9146965
OTT sweet
>Themes
Floral, Fruits (especially Lemon and Strawberry), Food
>>
Whenever I can! It isn't often

Mostly toned down, But I do own Haenuli Enchanted Fawn and the Little Prince in that bright green, and those are pretty busy prints. Also Meta's Swan Garden... it's cute, but I couldn't wear it every day.

Does gingham and stripes count as prints? I own more plain I think.

White and light blue gingham or stripes, or white and oldschool red gingham! My dream color scheme is red and pink with gingham accents. Oldschool style!

I wear a simple shoulder-length wig with bangs, but I could also style my hair into poofy pigtails or buns with my go-to half-bonnet headdress.

RHS and peeking long bloomers and aprons <3 <3 <3

Country sweet!

I like other substyles, but I wear only oldschool country! I'd love to get one sailor coordinate though.

Mori and natural kei

I want to try more casual coords but it's tough.
>>
>>9162375
>>Do you wear lolita everyday, whenever you can, or only at meets?
I only wear it when I can which is meets or the few time I go out to tea with family/friends. My life is too busy/messy/unsuitable for lolita everyday.
>>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accesories do you own?
I only have 1 ott op and I have a fairly sized closet.
>>Do you own more prints or basic color pieces?
Basic color pieces
>>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most? (please be specific, don't just say "red" or "pink" but specify what they look like or what hue they are)
All black, black and dark burgundy, Burgundy, and deep wines.
>>How do you like your hair/wigs? Any lenght, color or hairstyle?
Nothing shorter than a bob but nothing past my bust. Natural colors only. I generally like large waves, soft curls or voluminous straight hair.
>>Is there any particular trend that you love?
>>Do you consider yourself sweet, classic, gothic, a combination of some, or wear all styles?
Gothic and sometimes a gothic-classic hybrid.
>>What substyles of lolita do you like? Sailor Lolita? Country Lolita? Punk Lolita?
I love Sailor lolita, but would never wear it. I also don't know if Pierrot/clown lolita is a thing but I would gobble that up if it was.
>>What other fashions do you wear?
Trad goth and other darker 80's inspired fashion. I'm slowly trying to get into menhera to add some variety.
>>Is there anything you had always wanted to try in lolita?
Creating gothic coords in colors other than black. I know it's possible but a lot of the non black dresses I own are mainly classic cuts. They're a bit too classic for what I would like to use in gothic too.
Vampires. I know it may sound kind of cringey, but whenever I get in a rut when creating coords I watch Interview With A Vampire and I feel so inspired and new.
>>
Only at meets for now, would like to wear it casually out but I don't go out that much besides to work.
I'm not really interested in ott, except maybe for halloween. I have a few handmade witch hats and that's it.
Solids or florals, even if I think a print is pretty I usually don't see it as wearable, if that makes sense.
Wine red, dusty pink, and darker blues.
I like braids, big poofy hair, buns, and twin buns.
I have a love/hate relationship with the big round glasses. They can be cute if not used in a super tumblr way.
Classic, but I also like plain old school sweet and sweet with toned down prints (like misty sky maybe)
Id be interested in Sailor lolita but haven't tried it. Again with the Halloween haha but witch lolita is always cute. I like school style as well.
Larme , nanchatte
I'm still new so there's a lot. I want to do a faithful representation of old school, and I would like to try a flowy peignoir coord that doesn't look like ass. Oh and id love to do a coord with patterns that kind of clash but still look good.

>THEMES
I'm a sucker for roses. Rose pattern lace, rose accesories, rose prints...
I love looking at items with cat themes but I don't know if I'd actually wear it. I'm a bit too plain for that lol
>>
If it's not solid, it's almost definitely floral. And there is nothing basic about any of my solid pieces thank you very much.

>What themes influence you the most and build your wardrobe around?
I try to make myself look like I belong in a period shoujo manga from the sixties.

>What time period do you like mixing in your lolita wardrobe the most?
I'm really into 18th century stuff right now, so a lot of princess sleeves and ruffly low necklines (thank god I'm DFC). I made myself a pair of small pocket hoops recently so I could fiddle around with the silhouette more.

Classic definitely, but the way I coordinate stuff is too sweet for my personal taste.

Tiered ruffles at the skirt hem, especially on really full skirts.
>>
Whenever I can. I enjoy dressing up and looking good. I will occasionally wear 'flat' lolita to work (without a petti) and I do always try to wear at least one coordinate each weekend so I can appreciate my closet a bit more.
>>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accessories do you own?
I have a good number of OTT pieces, almost too many to justify since I don't have events anywhere to wear them too. But the majority of my pieces are very classical and toned down.
I'm tending more towards basic color pieces these days.
>>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most? (please be specific, don't just say "red" or "pink" but specify what they look like or what hue they are)
Jewel tones, so burgundy/navy, burgundy/emerald, teal/black, and I always include a cream and brown piece or black when called for. Pretty much classic basic bitch lol.
I rarely let my hair down for lolita - I always style it because it's so thin by itself. I never use wigs nowadays.
Not really, I like some aspects of some trends though, like OTT classic.
>>Do you consider yourself sweet, classic, gothic, a combination of some, or wear all styles?
Classic for sure.
>>What substyles of lolita do you like? Sailor Lolita? Country Lolita? Punk Lolita?
I like country lolita in summer. Qi lolita is my real guilty pleasure though.
OL, I guess? Otherwise anything that looks floral and chic haha.
Mori girl! But alas I do not have the funds to fund both fashions.
>>
>>9163140
Whoa more questions?

I like to aim for a retro style in lolita, so anything historical (e.g. the Edwardian/Victorian eras, 1920s and 1950s fashion) influences me. But really it's a lot of looking at classic lolita and picking and choosing what I like the best.

My dream is to create a mucha inspired coordinate but right now I still have to make the bigass flower hair bouquets. I have the dress though!
>What outer sources influence you in lolita? (Examples: Betsy Clark, Holly Hobbie, Sanrio, a play, a movie, an anime, a book, etc)
Historical movies, nature.
>And finally, what time period do you like mixing in your lolita wardrove the most? Some examples:
I think I lean most towards the 1950s. I love wearing hats with all my coordinates and I love how on point everyone looked in that age. But I like historical fashion in general.
>>
Whenever I can. There are days when I just want to be lazy and go out in shorts and a t-shirt but when I'm feeling up to it it's not a big deal to change into lolita.
I pretty much only do "normal" coords, so it depends on how many accessories I want to pile on. I have a medium-sized wardrobe if that matters.
It's about even. I do tend to wear solids if I'm not heading to a meet.
Black on black or black with metallic accents. I like to play with textures.
I have long dark hair and don't wear wigs.
I like the idea of peignoirs but a lot of times they just look sloppy. I prefer overskirts and overdresses that are cut specifically to suit lolita.
I consider myself gothic but I think my everyday style is something between dark classic and gothic.
Gothic, classic, oldschool.
Other gothy clothes. I tried dark mori/strega for a while.
Ero and guro.
Witch, dark princess, vampires, evil queen.
>What outer sources influence you in lolita?
Traditional goth and deathrock. That Novala poem called "Rules on the Lolita"
Victorian?
>>
File: one.jpg (641KB, 1067x1062px) Image search: [Google]
one.jpg
641KB, 1067x1062px
(1/2)
Whenever I can. I'd be lying if I said I wanted to wear lolita every day. It's my favorite fashion, but sometimes it just isn't feasible to wear.
Most of my bought pieces are normal, my handmade stuff is definitely casual. The fabric is less nice, since I made them with the washing machine in mind.
Prints. I love border prints especially!
My wardrobe "palette" is heavily lavender, with some white and pink, and touches of navy.
Having said that, I did just buy my first sax main piece.
I have wavy waist length brown hair. No fringe. I've been thinking about dying my hair a rosier colour lately, and I always wonder if I should get a fringe. I'm not crazy about wigs.
I'm pretty thrilled with the more mature turn sweet has taken lately. Additionally, I really like byojaku, I never wore blush or found it flattering before I tried byojaku.
Predominantly sweet, with a touch of classic... Maybe more than I bargained for.
I really love hime, but it's rather impractical. I also dabble in nautical/sailor.
>>
File: two.jpg (698KB, 1277x1068px) Image search: [Google]
two.jpg
698KB, 1277x1068px
>>9163333
(2/2)
I make nanchatte coords out of my old school uniform pieces, and I wear fair kei sometimes. Otherwise I typically wear normie clothes left over from early college when I was still experimenting with my style. Ideally I'd like to phase out the f21 garbage and move toward a sweeter and more consistent wardrobe.
I'd also like to burn all my pants.
I'd love to do a style swap with a gothic lolita! Trade clothes for a day and do each other's hair and makeup! It seems like so much fun.
Fairytales and fairies. I want my wardrobe to have a dreamy, ethereal feel. Lots of soft colours, translucent fabrics, and layered lace.
Oil paintings. Not really of any particular time period. I also really love ballet costumes.
Rococo for sure.
>>
I like ivory and earth toned pastels with browns. Not exactly country, but just in general.
>>
File: 1431988604250.jpg (98KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1431988604250.jpg
98KB, 500x449px
When ever I can, but if I only have to go somewhere really quickly I just throw something on. Definitely every time I'm going to care even a little bit about how I look. To school, to go shopping, visiting people etc.
I don't own anything OTT really. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do an OTT coordinate with what I have.
Solids but there is really nothing basic about them to be honest. Some of my solids can be fancier than some of my prints.
>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most?
Pastels with white. I also like a lot bold combinations like black with white, red with white and pink, navy with pink etc.
I will always have straight bangs. I just can't go without them. I like to have natural looking hair and use my own hair a lot. I have wigs in my own hair color mostly, but with different length and texture. If I'm going with my own hair I do double buns a lot but also just let my hair be down.
Apart from rocking horse shoes nothing really comes to mind.
Mostly sweet, but I could definitely make a coord in any style with what I have currently.
>What substyles of lolita do you like?
I like a lot sailor and country. My wardrobe is mostly old school so if that counts then that too.
Nothing really.
Shiro and kuro, in old school way. I love them.

Themes.. I don' really know. I love berries and that's kinda it. I love the old doll vibes tho. Periods I'm inspired by are definitely 50's and Victorian era. So it's kinda mixed.

>Pic related is goals
>>
File: tumblr_mwjnlrJVzm1t2npnzo1_540.jpg (109KB, 529x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwjnlrJVzm1t2npnzo1_540.jpg
109KB, 529x810px
Only at meets or when I meet with friends. I could probably wear lolita to work if I really wanted to, but I feel it isn't that appropriate.
I don't have anything ott since I don't have anywhere to wear it to, so everything's toned down prints / casual pieces.
I only own two solids, everything else is prints.
>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most? (
Navy and ivory are the two dominant colours. The rest are darker / jewel tones, like wine and teal.
I usually do braids because they're the easiest while looking styled. My wigs are all natural colours, though I bought some extensions recently since I'm sick of trying to detangle my wigs.
I really like the overskirts/overdresses that have cropped up lately. I liked peignoirs too when they were done nicely.
Sweet, sweet-classic.
Sailor, military, academy.
Otome, and general jfashion.
I've always wanted to make one of those con/teaparty ott coords with super extravagant props/accessories, but my usual coords are too minimalistic and I wouldn't know where to start.
Food.
>>
What is spellcheck OP?

Only at meets as I have have a hectic day-to-day schedule and would wreck my pieces.
>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accessories do you own?
I have more casual and normal main pieces. I somehow managed to have lots of OTT sweet accessories though.
More prints
I really enjoy browns like couch print style and dark reds as it compliments my skin. Pink seems a nightmare to coord.
Half up milk brown/blonde but also bob styled dark brown wigs
Deers, and OTT hime
Sweet and classic
Country, pirate and hime
Normie office attire or casual. Absolutely detest basic b- outfits though.
I would love to try gothic, and more rococo
>What themes influence you the most and build your wardrobe arround? Here's some themes I can think of:
Fawns, fairytales, roses, berries, couch prints
>What outer sources influence you in lolita? (Examples: Betsy Clark, Holly Hobbie, Sanrio, a play, a movie, an anime, a book, etc)
Sui and Tang dynasty fashion, historical dramas
>>
Lolita is my "nice clothes" so I wear it to meets and any time I want to dress up. This results in wearing Lolita almost every weekend. I don't bother wearing it to work.

I'd say my wardrobe is about 60% prints that are hard to tone down, and 40% simple things that can be dressed up or down. I have very few things that are truly OTT, but lots of prints that would look weird outside of Lolita.

70% of my dresses/skirts are actual prints, and most of my casual pieces are tartans rather than solid.

Black x gold, black x burgundy, green x burgundy, black x white/ivory, burgundy x white/ivory. My main wardrobe colors in general are black, burgundy, green, and ivory/white.

>How do you like your hair/wigs?
Natural colors, medium length with side bangs. Stuff that suits my skin tone and face shape.

I'm totally in to the recent religious trend. Bring on the nun themes!

Classic with Gothic influence.

Pirate is my favorite sub style.

Ouji/boystyle is the only other non-normie thing I wear. And my normie style is super boring.

>Is there anything you always wanted to try in lolita?
Someday I'd like to do a full-on Mana-style oldschool Gothic look.

As far as thematic elements go, I gravitate towards pirate prints, religious iconography, and fairy tales. I don't have one particular theme, but those are the most common types of prints I have.
>>
I wear it whenever I can. It's cooling down here so I can wear it again.

I have like one OTT dress because I mostly wear normal lolita and most of my accessories are also good for daily wear.

Mostly prints

I like navy blues, soft baby pinks, and saxon blue

My hair is long and dark and cut into a hime cut. I like to curl the ends too.

Nah

I wear sweet

I really like sailor and country

Hippie stuff and casual cute stuff

I want to try wearing gothic. I think it would look nice on me.
>>
Whenever I can, so usually a few times a month when I feel like getting dressed up.
When I started out I got quite a few OTT pieces but as I got into the fashion I've gotten more toned down. I still love making very themed OTT coords but now I make sure I can use the piece in a few coords before I buy.
I own mostly prints, but they're mostly skirts so pretty easy to wear casually.
I love working with greens that aren't mint, wine and navy blue. So basically bright jewel tones. I think my signature style is bright pops of colour.
I love my hair but it's a bit thin so for special events I wear extensions. My usual hair style is either curls or braids, I need more hairstyle experience.
I do like the new "old school" inspired looks. It just makes me feel nostalgic and it's so wearable.
I'd say I'm somewhere between classic and sweet.
Country for sure. I've been working on bringing it into my summer wardrobe.
I usually wear just general cute. I love using my lolita hair accessories with my normie clothes.
Peginoirs. I know people hate them and it'd look terrible on me, but I love airy fairy-like coords.
>>
I try for everyday but I hit a bit of a slump over the summer because of the heat/job stress. Now that I'm starting school back up I'm hoping to work my way up from just weekends to daily!
I feel like most of my pieces are on the dressier side of toned down, maybe one or two OOT but I'm a lone Lolita so meets/OOT doesn't come into play too much.
I own mostly solid color items, with some rose prints. I have trouble getting into a lot of the print hype, I don't think I would be able to pull it off!
If it isn't burgundy (or wine),it's most likely cream or navy. I want to say one of my rose dresses is in sax, I own a sage green dress, and I have a few dusty rose dresses as well.
I actually am really uncomfortable with my natural hair in Lolita (even though I take great care of it), it's dark brown and just slightly wavy but I can never figure out how to style it so it matches my aesthetic. I really should just give up and look into wigs.
I really wanted the pengnoir trend to actually work, mostly because I wish there were more flowy/light options in classic Lolita that still covered. But alas, most of it looked like trash
Classic. Very squarely Classic.
I own a couple sailor dresses so I feel like Sailor Lolita is my favorite by default.
(cont)
>>

Only at meets. I can't help but feel like a beacon of cringe whenever I wear lolita outside of meets. It just doesn't fit anywhere, and people being visibly uncomfortable with it doesn't help. I have started buying gothic and classic stuff so I can hopefully be more discret and wear lolita more often.

I only have 1 OTT main piece, if Day Dream Carnival even counts as one. Then I have 2 casual pieces, and the rest is just regular lolita.

Prints so I don't have to buy 15 pairs of shoes, but I'd love to get basic color + white lace pieces.

all kinds of pinks mixed with all kinds of reds. then just those pastel palettes that girls in pictures wore a bunch of years ago when I started...

My real hair is short, I wear it for casual coords. I have a straight brown wig that I wear with my regular coords, and a blonde lockshop cascade wig for conventions. I used to wear it more often, but couldn't stand the mockery.

I pretty much dislike all current trends.

I wear other styles, but I'm definitely a Sweet Lolita because that's what I've wanted to be since I was 13 years old and even though I'm slowly growing out of Lolita, I can't seem to let go of all these years of effort and dreams.

(1/2)
>>
>>9164019
I'm mostly in preppy/office wear otherwise. Before Lolita I was really into the differences between northern and southern prep (I'm from the north, so obv. I was more into "northern prep") so that's carried into Lolita with me a bit.
>Is there anything you had always wanted to try in Lolita?
Twinning.
>Themes
So my end goal is usually to both look like a Disney princess and look like I could fit into the Bioshock Infinite universe. This means I usually have nautical themes mixed with heavy Edwardian influence and a little bit of my old preppy style(old habits die hard).
>>
>>9164023

(2/2)

I love sailor collars but besides that, most sailor related details (like anchors) really aren't my cup of tea. I love Circus Lolita.

Regular stuff. I kinda want to go for Gyaru but I don't really dare.

I've tried many things in lolita and each one was a terrible experience. I just want people not to notice me.

>Influences

Rococo, the old circus aesthetic, dolls, princesses, roses, and the countryside I live in
>>
I don't have a big enough wardrobe for daily wear yet, but I plan to in the future.
I have one OTT dress, and two very toned down pieces. The rest is sort of in between.
Prints, but this is probably going to change as I work on filling out my wardrobe.
Wine, white, gold, light pink, black
My hair is a chin length bob with straight bangs. It's naturally curly so I usually just straighten the fringe and leave the rest alone.
Not really.
I currently have pieces from all three major styles, but I'm narrowing my focus to classic / sweet-classic going forward.
I love military lolita, as well as country, sailor and punk.
None at the moment, but I've been interested in trying nanchette and CPK.
Not really.
royal (crowns, emblems, etc), military, music (especially instrument prints), bunnies.
>>
File: collage.jpg (282KB, 1008x1200px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
282KB, 1008x1200px
I wear it whenever I feel like it, really. Which will usually be 1-4 times a month, as I also wear a lot of other styles
I only own 1 OTT main peice really, and a few OTT accessories, most of my stuff is 'normal' looking. I don't have much in the way of casual pieces either
The majority of my wardrobe is solid colour, with a few florals and prints.
I really like kuro and black & white, but I can't limit myself. I'd say 50% of my wardrobe is black and the other 50% is 'other colours',i.e. white, ivory, wine, red, sax, various coloured florals.
I either have my natural hair in pigtails or wear a ringlet wig. I'd like to get a dark brown hime cut wig at some point
I generally love most of the trends, like the brief Tudor/Elizabethan trend and the religious trend, I just don't follow them.
I wear them all within old school
Sailor, country, I also love the kind of guro everyone is bored of
Things on the menhera-gurokawa spectrum, cult party & Dolly kei, my own styles, vintage, some gothy dark stuff
I'd love to dress up in a rococo inspired coord or a full OTT classic coord. I want to put together a so-oldschool-its-barely-lolita type coord but I haven't braved it yet
>Themes that inspire me
Antique dolls, Mana, old street snaps
>>

When I dress up to meet my friends, and at meets. I can't really afford enough to wear 'casual' stuff right now.

10% OTT, AKA three sweet dresses that are kinda OTT if co-orded right. Generally I tend to dress them down, though.

Basic colour and floral prints. The only prints I have are two bodyline dresses, and L'prierie D'espoir.

Light blue, Dark navy blue, and wine red with gold. Also soft lavender with white.

I have a short-ass pixie. Generally go with cute berets or hair clips in the shape of bows and flowers.

Military astro. I am a sucker for stars and sailor-ish stuff, so the military look with dark blues are right up my alley.

Classic all the way.

Country lolita in the summer, sailor for all year round.

Nanchatte and fairy-kei.

Casual lolita. I don't really have money to spend on an expensive cutsew to lounge in, nor any bloomers or main pieces that I like enough to wear but not enough to hallow.

Sailors. American Sailors. British Royal Navy.

Also the idea of a little victorian girl at christmas time. Summer is inspired by Lisbeth and Madicken. Most of my wardrobe is meant to look like something a modest and proper young lady would have worn once upon a time.
>>
>>9162375
Pretty much meets and cons do to my schedule. One day though...
>>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accesories do you own?
Most of what I own is OTT, though I have a few pieces and accessories that are more toned down or simple. I can wear some of my prints in a more toned down manner as well.
Prints, but I appreciate simpler pieces. Prints take priority when I buy though.
>>What color schemes are the ones you like wearing the most? Cooler tones dominate my wardrobe, mint, blue and lavender. But I have a variety of accent colors. Navy and pink, Mint and lavender vice/versa, pastels with pink, using gold and cream when there are gold accents.
Milk Tea or brown and long/wavy. But short and curly is cute too.

Gold. Though i don't like shoehorning in gold shoes unless there's a gold accent and I can incorporate it elsewhere. I do resort to it frequently though.

I'm mostly sweet but I like classic. I appreciate gothic but haven't really liked myself in it. I'll probably keep trying it though.

>>What substyles of lolita do you like?
Sailor, Country, if old school could be considered a substyle. Pirate is pretty awesome when done well.

Lazy Kei. I've got a stockpile of some Fairy Kei items but I haven't really worn anything yet.

More crazy insane handmade headpieces? Something crazy and OTT, as much as people hate it for being too costumey, I love creating ornate things, but would reserve it for a large event. I'd like to try Shironuri but would fail miserably.
>>
>>9164183
>>What themes influence you the most and build your
Ponies, horses, carnivals, cats, chocolate, berries.

I'm incredibly boring and just get inspo from others coords and seeing how they wear things. I do like more retro themes like the 50's, 60's like Fantastic Dolly. I'd like to see or try something inspired from the 80's for shits and giggles. (only use ever for Radioactive Cupcakes)
>>
>>9164138
Hey Ophelia, is that you girl?
>>
>>9164305
Hello anon, yes it's me
>>
>>9164329
Just here to say your wicked awesome and keep doing you!
>>
File: vetica_medi_1-4.jpg (201KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
vetica_medi_1-4.jpg
201KB, 620x620px
>>9163083
I actually used to wear lolita to lectures and tutorials during pre-clinical, but obviously if you're in clinical now it's not appropriately professional! That being said, lolita has definitely influenced my work wardrobe - a lot of my work blouses are loliable as are my shoes.

>>9163130
Join the cat lady club. It's awesome!

>>9163140
Seconding the jewel tones and qi lolita love! Do you own any qi lolita dresses or outfits?

>>9163706
How do you incorporate your Sui and Tang dynasty inspiration into lolita? I've never figured out how to get historical Chinese fashion in beyond the obvious qi lolita stuff

Whenever I feel like it outside of working/going to the gym/situations where it isn't practical. I'll dress up to go to the supermarket some days and be an absolute slob in a kigu on others.
>OTT vs normal looking vs casual?
I mainly have 'normal' lolita items, headwear and accessories aren't at all OTT. I don't really have casual main pieces but will wear them in a more casual style.
>Prints or solids?
1/3 prints, 1/3 patterns, 1/3 solid. Prints are cats, music, library and berries; patterns are stripes; solids are velvet or chiffon
>Color schemes?
Currently loving dark green with navy or bordeaux, navy x bordeaux, purple x lavender or mixes of purples in general. These definitely don't make up the majority of what I wear, in reality I mainly coordinate dark colours with black or light colours with white.
Pic related is basically my current haircut (mine sits a lot flatter because I don't style it like that daily) and I also have subtle dark blue/purple highlights. My hair is super straight and flat even with layers cut into it so I curl the ends and heat style to give my roots some lift for lolita. If I want to go fancy I use extensions for the long curly hair look, but I rarely wear wigs outside of cosplay

>1/2 because I waffle on
>>
>>9164882
>Trends that you love
Metallics and OTT gothic. The revival of old school
>Sweet, classic, gothic, a combo, or wear all styles?
I consider myself gothic generally as that is where I generally draw inspiration from, but wear a lot of sweet and classic
I like the look of sailor and pirate outfits but they are not something I feel comfortable wearing - I guess it steps over the line into costume for me at that point. I love kimono inspired prints but not specifically wa lolita, qi lolita is more of my thing aesthetically. I quite like the concept of punk lolita but don't think I have the fashion sense or ability to pull it off without looking ita as fuck
My general style is highly Japanese influenced (both regular and alternative fashion). I am also a bit of a mallgoth still so if I'm going out to town chances are I'll be in a corset, skirt and platform boots rather than a normie dress.
>Anything you want to try?
OTT goth, a decent punk lolita co-ord, decent qi lolita, and wearing a mini crown in an old school coord.
Cats + music prints. I'm such a sucker. Also anything dark purple, literary themes and select AP berry prints
Aesthetically Victorian goth mainly, and 50s-80s era.
I guess victorian + 50s

>2/2
>>
I can't wear it daily because I'm a nurse and I'd never even dream of letting one of my dresses near a hospital. I wear my dresses when I can for meets and special occasions.

Almost all of my closet is Jane Marple and therefore very subdued. I do have a handful of dresses that I would term "borderline", ones that could be casual but are harder to pair down. I have one OTT classic dress for formal events.

>Do you own more prints or
basic color pieces?
Almost entirely prints. I have only one solid color piece and it was my first lolita dress.

I prefer jewel tones and earth tones. I really like navy and burgundy together and ivory and brown.

I have three natural color wigs. One dark brown curly, one honey blond wavy, and one auburn curly. I prefer to wear my own hair but for more formal events a wig is nice.

I literally cannot get over books and mushrooms. In fact, I think I need to design a book and mushroom print right now desu.

I consider myself mostly classic or otome. I do sometimes wear a sweeter coord but even then my sweet coords are very toned down. I never wear pastels.

In the summer, I like to wear country gentry themed coords. So classic county lolita?

Otome (though I consider otome to be like the great aunt of lolita).

I feel like I've already tried all the wacky shit I wanted to when I was first in the fashion. Now I focus on wearability and getting good value from my purchases.
>>
Whenever I can in my free time, which is like everything weeks/months. I don't attend meets.
I own 2-3 OTT classic pieces, everything else are either regular or casual pieces.
More non printed pieces
Black, bordeaux-red, lavender, emerald green.
I have natural hair past the butt. I usually curl it or do braids.
idk, really
I equally wear classic and gothic styles.
I really like Military lolita, I wish more people would wear it.
Otome-kei
Actually not. I'm not a risk taker. I'm happy when no accidents happen when I'm dressed up in lolita.
>>
Mostly at meets. Sometimes I wear it alone when I feel like it.
Most of my dresses are somewhere in the middle. Not super OTT but not casual either. I own mainly AP prints and a few from other brands.
Prints. I think I have only one or two dresses that aren't prints.
I really like lavender/black and sax/pink.
I'm lucky my irl hair looks like a wig so I can get away with minimal effort. Its a dark brown bob with bangs. Lately, like within the last year or so, I've been getting into wigs too. I lean towards curly styles in blonds and light browns.
I love the larme influences in AP's fall collection!
Mostly sweet.
Retro sweet, like Fantastic Dolly, Cinema doll, etc.
My regular style is kind of just cute/girly. Lots of skirts with cardigans and cute printed dresses. I wear a few other j-fashions on occasion like Otome and Larme, but I don't have enough items to wear them regularly. Ideally I want to shift towards wearing other j-fashions more.
A super decadent OTT rococo coord
>Themes
Rococo/Marie Antoinette, retro, cosmetics.
>>
File: themes.png (3MB, 1455x994px) Image search: [Google]
themes.png
3MB, 1455x994px
>When do you wear lolita?
I wear lolita on days that I have off but that I spend out of my house. It feels like kind of a hassle to get dolled up if I'm only going to be out for 10-20 minutes.
>OTT/Normal/Casual?
Normal/casual. Some of my normal pieces can be dressed up or down though.
>Prints/Solids?
My wardrobe is about even between solids, prints, and patterns.
>Favorite color schemes?
I lean towards combinations of white, black, the primary colors, cream, navy, and brown.
>Hair?
I wear my hair either down, in a high ponytail, or in regular/braided pigtails. Not a fan of wearing wigs, though I think they can look lovely on other people.
>Substyles?
I'll always love sailor lolita. I'm fond of well-done fandom lolita too even though "lolita is not a costume!"
>Out-of-lolita fashion?
Homely nerd girl-kei and sometimes otome.
>What do you want to try in lolita?
I've always really wanted to try twinning with somebody.
>Themes?
Not discernible yet, but I'm going for retro and circus themes. I want a lot of pieces that fall under gothic or classic and would be nowhere close to fitting in with that though.
>Inspiration?
Old cartoons, Circuses/Carnivals, Retro (40-60's) fashion, fairytales, Alice in Wonderland

Pic related only shows the bright stuff and not the muted, more classic stuff I also like because I got lazy.
>>
Whenever I can. I used to try to wear it everyday but I like other fashions too.

I'd say all my pieces are normal looking, they can be played up to ott using accessories or played down to casual.

I own more basic color pieces.

Most of my wardrobe is black, I like wearing kuro or black x white coords. Sometimes I add color to all black coords, like deep red, wine, dark blue or purple.

I like my hair/wigs black, grey or white. If I'm wearing a full coord and a headdress I keep my hair straight but when I wear casual I drop my headdress and go for cute hairstyles like pigtails, braids etc.

Black and white oldschool dresses I guess.

I used to think myself as a gothic lolita but I noticed that I like sweet dresses more than gothic dresses, but in black. Difference isn't that obvious since I don't usually wear prints.

I like sailor, punk and wa/qi lolita but not as much to devote my wardrobes to them. Sometimes my coords end up punkier when I add offbrand items though.

I'm searching for a second fashion to wear atm actually. I like fairy kei silhouette but with darker colors and sometimes with creepy cute elements.

>Themes
I try to achieve "cute but creepy little girl in the horror movie" kind of aesthetic. Creepy doll, child vampire, dark princess, little witch etc.
>>
File: whatcohesion.png (1MB, 1194x718px) Image search: [Google]
whatcohesion.png
1MB, 1194x718px
Mostly at meets because it's not practical at work/class and that's I'm doing most of the time. When I have free time, wearing lolita just isn't practical here because people are very judgmental.
>Normal or OTT?
I'd say I own more normal stuff but I think a lot of it I can either dress up or down.
>Prints or basic pieces?
I own mostly very basic prints or solid pieces.
>Color Schemes
Black/pretty much anything (especially gold and purple/lavender), red as accent color, navy/bordeaux, kuro
>Hair Styling
I try to keep it simple. The wig I mostly wear with lolita is a simple cut curled at the ends with bangs.
>Trends
I LOVE larme influences.
>Styles
I kind of like to try and wear everything.
Combination
>Substyles
Kuro, sailor, pirate
>Other Fashions
Larme, otome
>What do you want to try?
Does ouji/boystle count?
>Themes
Witches, Halloween, retro (1930's-60's), Victorian era, academic
>Sources
Other j-fashions, editorial fashion photography, illustration and art
>>
>>9162375
Basically only at meets. I will wear it on random days outside of meets but I am generally too lazy to get dressed nicely.
>>How many ott vs normal looking vs casual or toned down main pieces and accessories do you own?
Almost all are casual.
Mostly prints, including all over prints such as florals and polka dots. I own a few non-print items but they were bought with the intent to sell...
Jewel tones and dusty pastels. Also chocolate brown.
>>How do you like your hair/wigs? Any length, color or hairstyle?
I don't wear wigs. Only plain hair, whatever length or style my current hair is is what I go with. I have bangs and at the moment it is a curly bob.
no.
Sweet/classic.
My wardrobe and aesthetic leans heavily towards country IMO.
Otome and one day natural kei
Wearing it more often, and not feeling ashamed of it.
>>themes
florals, fairytales animals and chocolate.
>>
>>9164909
>Nurse
I always get stupidly excited when I see nurses on this board since i'd been afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up lolita once I start nursing school
>>
File: moodboard.jpg (610KB, 1025x1435px) Image search: [Google]
moodboard.jpg
610KB, 1025x1435px
can I just say how much I love this thread, I love learning about how other people wear the fashion.

I wear it whenever I have the opportunity/feel like being a bit fancier than usual, so maybe once a fortnight.

I like to buy main pieces based on their ability to be dressed up or down, so I think all of my pieces can go either way.

Definitely prints, but I'd like more solid pieces.

I'm drawn to wearing chocolatey/biscuit themed outfits so lots of beiges, shades of brown, and splashes of pink and gold. For more dressier outfits I like stronger colours like red and different blues. I love navy as well.

I always wear wigs and prefer natural dark blondes and browns.

idgaf I love flower crowns.

Mature sweet/sweet classic.

Sailor and a little bit of country.

My normal dress sense leans more otome/vintage, I like quirky prints and cardigans a lot.

I'd like to try putting together a really rococo/versailles inspired coordinate with lots of flowers and really big hair.

>themes
tartan, Britannia, baroque and rococo paintings, halloween
>>
Ok so First of All before you ALL Start saying a million things about how lolita Is The best and stuffs to protect yourself . Shit , THIS Is for real Why Would you WANT to follow some superficial Fashion? Don't we have enough ? Its just another way for companies to make more MONEY Out of people's "need" to be a "lolita" ok Even so IF you Like The Fashion and stuffs ok I get That you LIKE to be part of something AND spend Money But Why making videos and Say people : be yourself . I Mean shit really?
Be yourself and be happy With who you are? While trying to look like a bunch of people and trying to make EVERYTHING to fit in THAT type of Fashion ? Wearing fake eyelashes fake hair and even fake names and you ARE GOING to go out There and Say be yourself? Come on! If you really want to be yourself don't be part of a "Fashion" be just you and learn how to be happy WITH It no need for you to FIT in SOMETHING or Try to fake something you ARE Not Because at the end of the Day all you have is yourself and Thats What people should LOVE not Your "fake name lolita" there shit has been Said Now you can write all hating comments..
>>
>>9170401
Is this some new copypasta that I'm unfamiliar with?
>>
The most prominent themes in my wardrobe and wishlist are;
>princess
>Alice
>mermaids
>fairytales in general
>circus
>pretty much any form of nautical theme
>sweets
>horror (like vampires and witches)
>churches

I'm into pretty much every substyle, but the color scheme I'm most obsessed with is navy/red/offwhite. And black because Moitiefag for life.
>>
Mostly meets right now, but I wear it out for restaurants, movies, and the like.

Most are JSK so the closest thing I have for OTT depends on the coord. I have a few toned-down pieces.

Prints.

I have color themes in groupings. I have pastels (mints, followed by sax and some pink, but I am trying to build mint as the primary), bolds (navy, navy x red, red), and my so-called goth (black x purple). Right now my primary accent color is gold, so gold shoes and gold purses. I'll expand as the wardrobe stabilizes.

I have learned I prefer my natural hair with hair pieces. So dark brown.

Gold shoes! I loves them before Lolita, so it gives a reason to embrace my tacky footwear. I also like clean cute shoes like converse with truly casual coords.

Definitely sweet, but with hime in the details. I hate tea-parties and prefer a little point at the toes. Even my goth is actually sweet with dark colors, so there's that.
>>
>>9171850
Sailor Lolita is a love of mine, especially AP's sailor items. I can appreciate punk but wouldn't wear it.

Leggings and printed t-shirts. I go to extremes.

I'd like to get braver and invest in more OPs, but I struggling to let go of the versatility of JSKs.

>Themes:
Birds, Mermaids, Roses, Candles/Chandeliers/Candelabras, Ballerinas.

I have a lot of blue x red because of fandom influences, and BJD brings itself into my wardrobe. Sailor Moon's aesthetics also sneaks.

>And finally, what time period do you like mixing in your lolita wardrove the most?
Rococo, 50s, and some Victorian.
>>
Only at meets. I don't ever really go out when I'm not working.
Mostly toned down.
Prints
Navy, black, dim gray.
I prefer my wigs to be curly and of shorter length.
Round glasses are kind of cute.
I suppose mostly sweet. I'm not quite sure.
Kuro, Ouji
Work clothes
Twinning
Halloween, Neo-Renaissance, Red Riding Hood
Alice mare, Meet Me in St. Louis, Poe no Ichizoku
>>
Used to wear it anytime I went out, but now I only wear it during meets.
Mostly normal looking and casual pieces. I've never really been that into ott stuff.
More prints. I prefer prints.
I prefer darker color schemes. Blacks and navys. Would like more jewel tone stuff. Not that into lighter colored pieces anymore.
I only wear black wings (my natural hair color is black). And I prefer the lengths to be shoulder length to elbow length. Straight or lightly curled doesn't matter.
Chiffon blouses and underskirts (only when the underskirt is a decent length. Not those stupidly long ones hanging out from under a dress)
Classic
Sailor I guess
None, though I'd like to get into mori if I didn't think my big chest sticking out would make the lose hanging fabric make the whole top half of my body look fat.
I've been wanting to try a really polished and elegant looking gothic outfit, but I'd have to buy everything for it since I don't own anything gothic, and I just don't want to spend the money for that.

For themes that influence me when I build my outfits, there aren't really. It all depends on the dress and what I feel like doing.
>>
>>9171975
But for this
Lately I tend to gravitate towards dresses with more royal looking prints and things with crowns, and royal print legwear.
>>
File: 3x3_inspo.jpg (707KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
3x3_inspo.jpg
707KB, 900x900px
I’m still building a wardrobe, so I rarely wear lolita out because I feel like I recycle the same few cords. Eventually I'd like to start wearing lolita every weekend.
Most pieces I own can pass as normal looking, though they’re dressier than what the average person in my city wears.
Basic color pieces
Blaaaaack. Dark colors in general, with a dash of metallics thrown in. Pic related.
I prefer to use my own hair (black medium-length bob).
A combination—I’ve dabbled with gothic, classic, and ouji styles.
Military lolita
I want to try OTT sweet! But to interpret the question another way, I’d like to fuck/be fucked in lolita…
Vampires and (recently) libraries/books
>>
I would like to wear it whenever I can, but for now mostly for meets.
I have 3 clearly OTT pieces, one each for sweet/classic/gothic. I have mostly matching accessories and some simple ones that can go with many pieces.
More prints than nonprints.
Light pink, ivory, bordeaux/wine
I have been lazy and just use my natural hair. Sometimes I put them in braids or high twintails. As for wigs I prefer blonde and wavy.
I like the push for OTT classic/sweet from last year since I've always liked the look of himegyaru/himelolita.
Mostly sweet, sometimes more classic/sweet.
OTT classic, ero, military.
Started getting into otome and casual roma?gyaru.
Ero and military/uniform.
>Themes?
Basically food, especially breakfast foods, roses/flowers
>Inspiration?
Honestly, I look to members of my comm for inspiration since a lot of them have amazing style and/or wardrobes.

>>9171934
How does dim gray work in sweet?
>>
>>9172409
I haven't really accumulated too many things beyond sweet yet.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.