[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Lolita in media / lolita-esque music / artists that wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 47

File: photo.jpg (111KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
111KB, 900x900px
ITT: Lolita in media / lolita-esque music / artists that wear lolita clothes

Some questions
>When was the first time you saw anything related to lolita or jfashion on tv?
>How did you feel about it?
>What's your general opinion on how tv represents the fashion?
>Do you remember any music videos with lolita stuff in them? Western or Japanese.
>Any lolita-esque music you would like to share?

Any example counts (even if they are ita as hell).
>>
>>9162193
>using her for OP picture
>nice
>>
>>9162199
At least it wasn't sporty goth Amy lee.
>>
>>9162203
We've had this thread way too many times.
Also how come there's no such thing as a decent western musician that wears lolita?
I wish lady Gaga would wear it more often. She seemed to just be into it for the trend value.
>>
File: tumblr_lywjde50Hm1r4kfic.gif (499KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lywjde50Hm1r4kfic.gif
499KB, 500x246px
>>9162204
I've daydreamed about being the costume director for a music video and dressing cute western celebs like Ariana Grande in lolita. I can dream.
>>
>>9162204
pics for gaga?
>>
>>9162233
Just so you know, it's one of the first things to come up under "lady Gaga lolita"

But I love spoonfeeding my gulls!
>>
>>9162221
I hate famous people by default usually, but I like your idea. Makes me wish I'd gone to school for costume designer. I don't think I could get away worth just dressing people in lolita though.

Also I constantly day dream about befriending a cute skinny girl and buying her coords to dress her up in.
>>
>>9162221
If that happened, it would almost definitely be a tarted up version of lolita, espeially Ariana Grande because she has that whole child prostitute look going on.
>>
File: Ariana-Grande-smile.gif (488KB, 500x198px) Image search: [Google]
Ariana-Grande-smile.gif
488KB, 500x198px
>>9162253
Hence why in my daydream I am the director, so that I can make sure that shit doesn't happen.
>>
SOL about lolita girls in a comm and general lolita things/problems when? I can think of only two anime 'lolitas' who look anything close to accurate. I'd make a webcomic or something about this idea because I love it, but I don't have enough experience as a lolita myself.
>>
>>9162193
I honesty cannot stand her
>>
It's practically impossible for Western media to get lolita right because everything has to be sexed up or edgy all the time. Music videos can't simply be cute or elegant, they have to be sexy or shocking in some way. Or both.

>>9162303
Same. Several girls in my comm love her and insist on playing her warbling at meet ups. I hope she'll fizzle out soon.
>>
I come to these threads just to laugh at how ridiculous and entitled you all are.
>>
>>9162308
Cool.
>>
I think it was when the girl from paramore wore a bodyline jsk in their music video.
I thought it was weird she would pick that for a music video because I considered bodyline a cheap place to get accessories if you couldn't afford burando. So I thought is she broke??
I don't have an opinion on it. They always try to make everything look crazy on reality tv so I don't feel offended when lolita's look weird on tv.
>Do you remember any music videos with lolita stuff in them? Western or Japanese.
There are loads of japanese music videos with lolita in it, too many to mention so I don't know why you ask this.
>>
>>9162308
This is the same reason I go on /r9k/ desu
>>
File: image:68358.jpg (6KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
image:68358.jpg
6KB, 236x314px
>>9162233
>>
>>9162193
With Melanie I love her music and her quirkiness but I hate her use of lolita and how some people use her as "Lolita inspiration".
>>
>>9162303
Me neither. Hate her music, hate her image and hate her fans who all pose on IG like they just had a stroke.
>>
>>9162203
never forget

the blurry faces get me every time.
>>
Probably that old episode of ANTM where they go to Harajuku for go-sees.
I was pretty excited about it at the time. I love to rewatch the parts where one of them visits the Metamorphose store.
It's a love-hate thing. No one is ever going to represent any j-fashion without making us look like freaks but I do look forward to whatever segments get made, if only for the gossip. I feel bad for the people they decide to feature though, like in that Chelsea Handler episode a while back. Everyone was being so friendly and trying to explain the different fashions and Chelsea was so flippant and just mocked them.
Yes?
>Any lolita-esque music you would like to share?
Nah, but I'll share this commercial my boyfriend showed me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8XXKGnckgU
Someone should convince Grimes to try out j-fashion.
>>
>>9162330
This, all her 12-year-old fans are super annoying
>>
File: 1437862026972.jpg (125KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1437862026972.jpg
125KB, 640x640px
>>9162233
>>
>>9162436
Grimes could be a good candidate as long as she were styled by someone else to make sure she doesn't do something too bizarre. I feel like she has a grungy style sense. I think punk or gothic would suit her.

I think she's already got harajuku-kei down.
>>
>>9162436
Grimes' Kill v. Maim video was already heavily JoJo inspired, she'd probably be down for that
>>
>>9162330
Agree. If you get past her disturbing fans and bad fashion sense, the music is fantastic. Not even a fan of pop but I like it.
>>
>>9162436
Grimes actually did have a go back in the day (like earlier 2000s) and she was super ita (understandable with the lack of resources). Pic is floating around, wish I'd saved it.
>>
>>9162469
this photo always makes me laugh, thanks anon
>>
>>9162640
I mean yikes, but it was 2004 so
>>
>>9162647
I think with the resources she has now she'd do a better job.
>>
Love this video, even though I don't really care for the group. The outfits are okay too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb19As-pFNU
>>
My favourite has always been this girl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNPybT4m3k

>Too bad shes just a shitty Harley Quinn cosplayer now
>>
>>9162193
I'm listening to her right now. She's such a fucking cunt irl, I can't help but feel like she learned everything she knows from /cgl/ though. From excellent wigs to freaking out over getting attention despite being wanting to be famous.
>>
>>9163002
More like she took notes on what cgl despises and did all of it.
>>
>>9162469
>>9162642
This photo is always taken out of context. Kyary loves Gaga and was so excited to meet her.
>>
>>9162193
Kanon Wakeshima's MV for still doll in 2008.
It set me up with what the fashion was meant to be, modest with a flair of elegance and mystery.
I remember when a segment was produced and focused on brolitas rather than the fashion itself. Made it feel like it was full of creeps and age play, unfortunately.
See anything by Kanon Wakeshima. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj07VLv3cR4
>>
>>9162240
>be a cute skinny girl
>tfw no friends to dress me up in lolita
>>
>>9163210
No one said otherwise, autist
>>
its your fault.
>>
>>9163691
>drops emails all the time in attempt to befriend gulls
>never goes anywhere
You'll probably never even post again so oh well.
>>
>>
File: lilmama2.jpg (211KB, 688x537px) Image search: [Google]
lilmama2.jpg
211KB, 688x537px
>cntrl+f "lil mama"
>no results

jesus, everyone here is an infant
>>
File: lilmama3.jpg (79KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
lilmama3.jpg
79KB, 400x600px
>>9164073
>>
File: jessicasimpson3.jpg (57KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
jessicasimpson3.jpg
57KB, 400x534px
also, the first time I saw something lolita related on TV was Jessica Simpson's 'The Price of Beauty' on VH1 where she featured a little angelic pretty fashion show during the episode. This was in 2010, peak OTT sweet lolita.
>>
File: 0226-young-thug-mugshot-1.jpg (32KB, 700x570px) Image search: [Google]
0226-young-thug-mugshot-1.jpg
32KB, 700x570px
>>9163917
well color me impressed. I appreciate Young Thug's commitment to marketing his new image
>>
File: IMG_0856.jpg (52KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.jpg
52KB, 500x429px
>>9164076
Another lil mama classic
>>
>>9164073
>>9164076
>>9164953
Lil Mama is more of a daily lolita than I'll ever be.
>>
All I can think of is when Gwen Stefani was doing her Harajuku Girls shit.
>>
>>9162570
I dont really see any connection between the two. Sources on this?
>>
>>9165434
I can't believe she couldn't handle being in a fucking band because she wanted to have babies with her bass player and then she pulled this stupid shit.
Forever disappointed.
>>
>>9165248
I'll take it. She doesn't give a fuck about blouses which is a shame, but this isn't terrible. And she's not huge shoulder wise so I think she can get away with it -- I wish it was more elegant than causal stuff. Or even like more accessories to balance out a non-blouse coord.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472621759223.jpg (17KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472621759223.jpg
17KB, 256x223px
>>9163917
>>
Gulls I'm about to host a tea party and I want it to have relaxed chill music but without it being specifically lolita (no Kanon Wakeshima this time, even if I love her. Also no classical music). Do you have any songs you can recommend me?

>>9162193
I have listened to Melanie before and I liked just one song (I think it was about suicide?) but her ageplay fetish is too strong for me so I cringe everytime. I actually feel guilty I liked that song.
Also Melanie shouldn't be mixed with lolita to be honest.
>>
>>9162193
I tried listening to Melanie Martinez's music after seeing how much everyone on cgl hates her. I actually really like her music a lot, but I hate her use of lolita as ageplay, just like everyone else here. I don't give a fuck about ageplay by itself. It's a disgusting fetish to me, but people can like whatever they like as long as they're not harming anyone. I also don't really pay attention to music videos or lyrics, so I can enjoy her music while ignoring all the ageplay shit. I just hate the fact that she's associated with lolita, a fashion that already has enough problems with people thinking it's ageplay.
>>
>>9170066
try Cocteau Twins
>>
>>9170093
If you makes it feel better, she tried to say in an interview once that lolita fashion isn't primarily worn the way she does wear it. Like she borrows from the fashion but it's not meant to be 'adult baby fashion" or whatever.
>>
>>9170125
>you makes it
Excuse my random dyslexia, that should be it makes you
>>
>>9170125
That actually makes my opinion of her a lot better. I now feel somewhat less guilty for liking her music.
>>
>>9170125
She also said, quote: they are adult baby costumes from Japan!

>>
>>9170131
She stated that AP is adult baby fashion, she literally said that. Google it!
>>
>>9170066
Blame it on The Tetons by Modest Mouse
A lot of songs from The 1975's latest album, She Lays Down comes to mind.
Shoreline by Anna Ternheim
Budapest by George Ezra
With Every Hearbeat by Kleerup feat. Robyn
All That She Wants by Ace of Base
Fallen Angel from the Panty and Stocking OST
Winter's Calling by Urban Cone
A lot of Lana Del Rey songs, actually. Also check out Coeur De Pirate and The XX. One Republic have a lot of stuff that work as soft background music (Secrets comes to mind).
Englishman in New York by Sting
Le Vent Nous Portera by Noir Desir
Favourite Color by Carly Rae Jepsen
Taken By A Stranger by Lena
Dare by Krister Linder
Clocks by Coldplay
Say It Right by Nelly Furtado
Puff The Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary

A lot of different stuff, but it's all pretty easy to listen to and soft or lowtempo. Sage for OT.
>>
>>9170566
>>9170567
And now I feel more guilty for liking her music.
>>
>>9163899
I know that feel too well.
>>
>>9170615
There is one gull that is super friendly to me on insta but we rarely talk. That's the closest I've gotten to a friend here or anywhere in the community.
>>
File: ruforeal.gif (696KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
ruforeal.gif
696KB, 500x275px
>>9165917
lmao that's dope.

>>9170567
>>9170566
>mfw

>>9170066
Same. I only like Soap. Everything else, and just her in general is too much.

I've found that music being played while eating can be distracting, especially when you want to socialize over tea. I'd keep it played low if you really want to play music.

Maybe try some twee stuff like early Belle and Sebastian, or simple/relaxing like Kings of Convenience.
>>
>>9170603
thank you dude!
>>9170098
thank you too dude

>>9170566
>>9170567
well she's fucking stupid, good lord she's a disgusting ageplayer.
>>
Normies ruin everything
Reeeeee
>>
>>9170696
Oh I mostly want the music for the time we're playing games. I'll definitely check them out.
>>
>>9170707
Oh ok, that makes more sense. In this case, I don't think you have to feel pressured to play anything with a "lolita feel"; light and poppy is still good. How about

>Acid House Kings
>Alvvays
>Bibio
>Elephant Gym
>Camera Obscura
>Skylar Spence
>La Sera
>The Shins
>Dum Dum Girls
>>
>>9170713
I'm really digging your list, specially Skylar Spence, Bibio, Camera Obscura and Belle and Sebastian. Thank you!
>>
>>9164953
That one is actually not atrocious like her other two
>>
>>9170066
Yeah, there's a few Melanie songs that I'm in love with, but her ageplay shit is too over the top and she's among the last people who should be associated with the fashion. She is so cringey.
>>
>>9165778
wtf? she didn't ever have a baby with Tony. and she spent fucking 10+ years with the band. not defending her use of real people as literal imported props, but she had to go solo some time.

on another note, fucking Martinez makes me cringe at all times. I'll never get into that mess.

I often wish Bjork played with lolita. I would die happy
>>
>>9165434
didn't she also copyright the term "harajuku girl?"
>>
>>9170947
>björk and lolita
that's a dream for me too, even if she made it costumey like her usual outfits.
>>
>>9164078
>"coochie coochie coo!"
I'm not easily offended but that episode made me want to suffocate her and her shitty friends.
>>
Oh no, because of this filthy cunt many people associate Lolita fashion with nymphet and ageplay shit, I fucking hate her.
>>
>>9170947
>she didn't ever have a baby with Tony
No shit-- she had a baby with Gavin Rossdale! Did you even watch their behind the music, bro? She wanted to have babies and her bass player did not.
>>
>>9171393
Why does that matter? Frankly if it makes you uncomfortable to still be with someone even though you know you have no future, then good for her for leaving the band. Gave her a chance to actually be with someone without the pressures of an ex hanging around.
>>
>>9171448
>drops everything cause babies
>now it's time to be a sex symbol pop star out of nowhere!!
It's cause her music was suddenly garbage.
>>
>>9171547
lol I think it's funny her adult life decisions make you so mad
>>
>>9171590
Her decision to make shitty music is the problem and knowing that's what fueled it is a lame excuse.
Go on her twitter and tell her what I said. I bet she doesn't give a shit, or that she would give a shit if you cared.
Famous people do not give a fuck. Why are you so bothered for this person you don't even know.
>>
>>9170566
>>9170567
I've googled but can you guys link the source? This is what I've found about that, but there's no link to the interview.

Adult baby: http://therealbitchpudding.tumblr.com/post/144313995693/fahrlight-lolitaproblems-adult-baby

Interview?
>"On this tour, I've been wearing adult baby dresses—they're for people who are actually into that weird fetish. I found them on Etsy from this girl who custom makes dresses for adult babies. I think it fits really nicely and I like how it feels, like a little girl's dress from the ‘50s, but for me. I’ll always cling to these little girl dresses at vintage shops and I can never wear them because they're so tiny!"
http://www.instyle.com/news/voice-s-melanie-martinez-working-adam-levine-and-her-obsession-dolls (March 2015)

Lolita (ordered by date):
>HG: I’m actually headed to Japan soon, and one of the things I’m definitely going to do is to check out the Harajuku district. Does that culture play a part in your look? MM: "Totally, I love Lolita fashion! I was really into collecting Lolita pieces, but it’s just so expensive. I would be broke if I went there." (July 2015)
http://hellogiggles.com/melanie-martinez-crybaby-interview/
>"I didn’t make any of the outfits but they are outfits that I just wear every day anyway. I just love Japanese Lolita style. I love that whole thing. So I was just inspired by that whole thing. I wear a lot of vintage dress and I also wore Viseto which is this one brand that I really like and Angelic Pretty, which is a Lolita brand." (Aug 2015)
https://theknockturnal.com/an-exclusive-interview-with-melanie-martinez/
>"I look at music as an art form, and lately, I’ve been really drawn to vintage children’s items like toys from the ’50s and Russian teddy bears. I’ve clung to that as something I’m interested in collecting—pastel colors, that whole Japanese “Lolita” theme." (Nov 2015)
http://www.nylon.com/articles/melanie-martinez-cry-baby-interview
>>
>>9171609
What? You need to make sense. Her band broke up. Whether it was because of a guy not wanting a family or not. She has a popular solo career too. No one cares that you are so mad about No Doubt not being together. The band couldve easily looked for another singer, but they didn't. Too bad, so sad. The other 3 choose to do nothing while Gwen continued her career AND to have a family at the same time.

Stop whining already.
>>
>>9171679
Please. I didn't even know she put an album out this year until I looked it up.
The only reason you are dead set on defending her is because you enjoy her shit music. Btw there are plenty of better pop stars that have kids.
>>
>>9170947
bjork would look so cute in lolita! I wish she would try it
>>
the no doubt/Gwen stefani part of this thread reads like ONTD Lolita edition holy shit.
>>
File: oie_uMEUjF6qOt8g.jpg (362KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
oie_uMEUjF6qOt8g.jpg
362KB, 600x600px
>>9170098
Yasss, hello fellow shoegazing lolita.
>>
Weeb trash, all of you
>>
>>9171882
Back when she did that harajuku shit, I remember lj blowing up quite a bit.
I don't really miss LJ all that much outside of I wish it hadn't just migrated to tumblr.
I swear LJ is the reason all that SJW shit snowballed out of control.
>>
Enjoy this artist from LA gulls!!
https://twitter.com/BlooVon
>>
File: tumblr_m61casM3aU1rwwvo7o1_250.png (201KB, 245x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m61casM3aU1rwwvo7o1_250.png
201KB, 245x400px
there are some pictures out there (i tried to find them) of nicki in japan wearing something more adhering to the rules. I've just got this for now
>>
>>9171984
>>
>>9171989
>>9162321
>>
File: NicolePattersonHQ_28.jpg (404KB, 1510x2048px) Image search: [Google]
NicolePattersonHQ_28.jpg
404KB, 1510x2048px
>>9171989
Wish she had stuck with this but I guess it doesn't fit in with her "my ass is ginormous" image.
Do you guys think she'd still need a petti?

Also can we turn this thread into like, who we wish would be a lolita, or guess what style they'd wear?

I'll start -- I think Clea Duvall would be an amazing gothic/classic kind of girl.
>>
>>9171737
Damn you're mad. Did you know the Madonna also put out a new album? Probably not. Old stars are old and sometimes, with all the new stuff going on, people just glance over other singers/bands. Sometimes that CD doesn't even have hits. Its not about liking her music, its about not being an autistic fuck hell bent on a band that was actually so/so staying together. Moving on from something because of children is her fucking choice. Her solo career is arguably more profitable than No Doubt was with all the chart toppers it had vs where on the charts some of No Doubts songs were placed. Chill out. Move on. No one cares about your 90s Tony/Gwen ship.
>>
>>9172058
>Did you know the Madonna also put out a new album?
Nah but I knew she fell at that performance, what like a year ago? Funny as hell.

>90s tony/gwen ship
Uhh, I didn't even know about it until I watched Behind the Music - maybe you're too young to remember that show? I am literally talking about stuff SHE SAID IN THE SHOW.
You're the one that's mad, bruh, you sure do keep replying and I am the OP of this conversation that YOU replied to. You are defending someone you don't know, really fucking hard.
How do you know she even actually parents her children? Much like other famous people she probably has a nanny around to help her because duh, she can afford to because she had to pump out some shitty pop albums to pay for her kid to go a celebrity children only school.

Stop defending famous whore bags that aren't true to their sentiments and change their image as they please. They clearly aren't people that need to be put on a pedestal.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (67KB, 480x576px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
67KB, 480x576px
>>9172006
her PR asked her to tone it down. she did, and she got more popular because of it. I miss the old nicki minaj days with her split wigs and occassional Jfashion.
>>
File: jeffery-jeffery-tracklist_i3lzry.jpg (409KB, 1226x1226px) Image search: [Google]
jeffery-jeffery-tracklist_i3lzry.jpg
409KB, 1226x1226px
>>9163917
Haha, fuck yes. Thugga lolita is my core style.
>>
>>9172058
Side note but I really loved Rebel Heart and I really wish that at least Ghost Town had been a hit... With the way 2016 is going I've no bets on how long we'll get to keep Madonna, and I'd loathe to see the reaction from the masses who rejected her later work if that was the case.

Also, Gwen's latest album was kinda crappy, so I figure that's why. When she tried going pop we already kinda had Fergie filling that niche and doing it better, which probably didn't help.
>M.I.L.F.$ is far worse than anything from What The Truth Feels Like tho

To keep this somewhat relevant, I'd really love it if Madonna would stick to the borderline aristo stuff she wore with Rebel Heart, it really fit her growth into the role of aging diva.

>>9172215
I like her looks now too, but I do miss the crazy colours. Also I imagine that large part of her increase in popularity was all the collabs with legit pop artists. Maybe she could've still made it big with the old look, but her current one definitely seems more legitimately hip hop.
>>
>>9172215
>her PR asked her to tone it down
Well that's fucking irritating.
>>
>>9172201
>Stop defending famous whore bags that aren't true to their sentiments and change their image as they please. They clearly aren't people that need to be put on a pedestal.

Says the person who is so mad that she left No Doubt to be a solo artist and have a family with another dude.
>>
>>9172215
I miss her pre fixaflat butt and when she was brown and proud.
>>
>>9172406
>u mad meme on repeat
Yeah cause now you're just being annoying & don't forget you replied and needed to argue about this.
>>
File: 1ySEUgi.jpg (75KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1ySEUgi.jpg
75KB, 1366x768px
There was this Trainwreck on the X factor UK the other day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLeY1Acn84
>>
>>
>>9174595
>>
File: Kerli_Tea_Party_1.png (168KB, 490x349px) Image search: [Google]
Kerli_Tea_Party_1.png
168KB, 490x349px
>>9174599
>>
>>9174579
>living doll
when will this meme end
>>
Katy Perry
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
>>9174654
She's wearing this dress
>>
File: yeano.jpg (29KB, 533x278px) Image search: [Google]
yeano.jpg
29KB, 533x278px
>>9174579
>>
>>9174601
How bad is it that I actually liked this song in 2010 lmao
>>
>>9174579
I'm angry because she is good but that random spergy voice shit she would interject the song with was just... ugh. WHY
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Is this thread not for lolita in Japanese media?
>>
>>9174732
lets hope whatever judge mentors her gets that spergy shit outta her and let her just put a little jfash in her work. i doubt she'll make it through the next round though.
>>
>>9174783
Which super bugs me. She has a really good voice and a nice vibrato from the sounds of it. Then she puts in that high pitched doll bullshit and its like... WHY. If you are serious about this then why do that shit. You know normal people won't like it. Let alone weeby people either. You either go full retard with your music or you stick to the general consensus that anything otherwise won't make it and you have to steer clear of weird. The reason that some weird works is because they go all out [Gaga/Madonna/Nikki]. Not everyone can do it. Not to say the people who like that stuff is niche, but at least these artists know HOW to do it without sounding TOO out of place.
>>
>>9174579
god reality shows are such garbage.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4QvbnnlSc

I know it's in Spanish but you get the idea
>>
Also this one... It's a trap song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_I7aSTZKJE
>>
>>9162203
F AMY LEE I RAGE EVERYTIME

>make the edgelord cd of the century
>meets manasama, king of japanese goth
>dresses like an olsen twin garbage
>note mana clutching fist in delicate rage

She's such a joke. Even after going to japan and seeing in person what good quality gothic clothing should look like from the owner of MMM himself, still dresses like a bodyline peasant
>>9162204
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 561x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 561x700px
How do you gulls feel about this?
>>
>>9181658
It's not lolita, so whatever. I guess it's cute. I don't really follow rockabilly.
>>
>>9174762
Why not? Whatever happened to them and Nana Kitade? And Moon Kana. I kind of miss having people like them represent lolita because it made the fashion feel like a real subculture.
>>
>>9181689
Looks like KS are about to go on a small tour in Japan this month, starting on the 19th. Pretty cool, I was wondering what they were up to.
>>
>>9162240
i have a friend who does exactly this for me! chooses coordinates for me to wear etc. it's fun and really happy-making to wear the clothes i always wanted to. i wish i had more friends in the community though. it's really special to love the same things i think

>>9162303
me neither honestly. i don't dig her a e s t h e t i c and i can't get behind the whole I'M INSANE WHERES MY PILLS ALCOHOL IN A SIPPYCUP kinda lyrics. feels really forced. but her coords are cute sometimes.
>>
>>9162193
The fact that an age player like her is the "best" current example of lolita in the media pisses me off
>>
Melanie has the worst voice live..
>>
Breakbot had a music video with a A+ lolita in it and Fatal Frame had a movie that had a legit lolita as a side character
>>
File: 23_SAW_Yumi.png (662KB, 1280x769px) Image search: [Google]
23_SAW_Yumi.png
662KB, 1280x769px
I still play the Nancy Drew computer games, but I never realized there was a lolita in one until now. I guess it was before I was in the fashion so I didn't notice at the time. This specific game was pretty cool because it took place in Japan and had a lot of cutesy stuff in it.
>>
>>9181739
Sounds like she should be singing about menhera instead
>>
>>9182041
yeah, her songs already have a lot of menhera elements that appeal to lost teens. like fairytales gone wrong. i do wish she would drop this baby lolita facade because it feels really off; tastefully done menhera is more appropriate

but she's an artist and artists are gonna do what artists are gonna do
>>
>>9174762
yes it is, OP just worded it badly.
>>
>>9181778
show them?
>>
>>9162204
Lady Gaga prefers Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath over pop music.

She however knows she must do what sells. I doubt we'll be seeing any lolita Lady Gaga.
>>
>>9170968
It's a brand name, yes.

She also had the girls under a strange contract in which while in public with her, they were not allowed to speak English from my understanding.
>>
>>9182051
True. I wonder if she's even aware there's a more appropriate style for her or if it's one of those things that would keep the normies from listening to her music.
When it comes to pop music in the west, they're all about sex but once you get into any kind of violence, people start thinking it's weird.

Funny cause it's the opposite for tv/film..
>>
>>9182057
I wasn't talking about her music tastes, but rather her fashion tastes.
>Heavy metal lover says it all
>>
>>9182034
Holy shit, I'm haunted by Yumis voicemail. "Hello! Not in! Bye bye!"
>>
File: emilieno.jpg (137KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
emilieno.jpg
137KB, 350x350px
emilie autumn to maintain relevance to the thread, she's a special snowflake ita but it's something. she has a song called "gothic lolita" and it's bad it's not a good time

>>9182062
the normies and sensitive tumblr teens who listen would probably be put off by menhera, but who really knows nowadays. her corrupted infantile aesthetic seems to go over really well so i don't really know where the lines are drawn. + it seems to be a trend nowadays to have a super cool unique mental illness

what a time to be alive
>>
>>9182158
I actually used to listen to a lot of Emilie Autumn in middle school and even back then I thought Gothic Lolita was an awful song. There's this one part where she just wails "nooooo" and its the most grating sound I swear to god
>>
>>9182034
>wristcuffs STILL upsidedown
>>
>>9181658
that dress is from asos, what's your point.
>>
>>9171984
>>9171989
damn I wish I still had that photo of nicki wearing a bodyline blouse, I posted it to one of these threads a few years ago
>>
>>9182197
IF I AM LOLITA THEN YOU ARE A CRIMINAL

i did too honestly because i was thirteen and edgy. some of her stuff isn't entirely awful, like her earlier music that had a dreamier feel. but her I'M ALICE LIDDELL ASYLUMS ARE COOL LOBOTOMIZE ME thing she has going now is eh.
>>
>>9181658
even though that's not lolita, i think marina could pull off a toned down sweet coord really well
>>
>>9182876
>Alice in Wonderland is edgy
Triggered
>>
>>9162221
what was this shoot for? don't know anything about Ariana but she looks so larme-esque and cutesy here
>>
>>9182968
dont get me wrong, alice's adventures in wonderland is my favorite book

it's only edgy when she gets her hands on it
>>
>>9182971
http://www.bustle.com/articles/134103-ariana-grandes-viva-glitter-viva-glam-photoshoot-is-her-most-iconic-ever-photos

I like her space princess concept, but dammit I wish she'd do LARME-esque stuff more. I just want to be her stylist dammit.
>>
>>9181778
Which Fatal Frame movie? I'm trying to remember if I've seen it or not.
>>
>>9183132
Yeah, it's wonderful, and I definitely react too harshly to people who incorporate it into their artsy shit about drugs or mental illness or edgy this edgy that. I loathe the Burton editions and every time I see people calling Dodgeson a pedo or whatever my life gets an hour shorter.

Why can't people just accept that some things are whimsical, and that especially a work for a child would be written with a child's view of the world in mind, instead of trying to manipulate it to fitting their cynical and adult view of the world?
>>
File: GekijoubanZero.jpg (37KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
GekijoubanZero.jpg
37KB, 636x358px
>>9183166
The one from 2014. There's another scene where she's in a complete shiro coord but in pic related you can see she wears BTSSB.
>>
File: 6-10-09_Sukkiri_003.jpg (25KB, 430x234px) Image search: [Google]
6-10-09_Sukkiri_003.jpg
25KB, 430x234px
>>9162237
>>9162329

Here's another one. Sorry for the pic for ants.
>>
>>9183410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHWano4fYhE

dropped the link
>>
I'm just going to name some ones that I like
Kanon Wakeshima
Aoi Yuuki (kind of lolita?)
Avantgarde- more Jfash in general than lolita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ywfjHCPqM
Doll Elements- more Jfash in general
This Tokyo Girl's Style edgy music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdXwaWfBahI
This random AKB song
http://alive.in.th/watch_video.php?v=WW2K9AXUN69U

I thought I knew more lolita-esque Jpop artists but I guess not
>>
>>9182055
Not OP but here's the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPczNfNQec
>>
>>9184456
I can't believe she's not D.
What happened to her? Is she still a kawaii embassador? (didn't like her, B is better as the embassador)
>>
>>9182055
Sorry, on mobile and YT hates links
>>
>>9184785
As far as I know yes, she's still KA and wearing mediocre coords. Did she end up shutting down My Lolita Style after all?
B isn't a better choice, she cheated in that Meta coord contest and didn't deserve to win.
>>
File: 8d5e8e64ff3ea8f930560b770822d1e0.jpg (395KB, 721x1100px) Image search: [Google]
8d5e8e64ff3ea8f930560b770822d1e0.jpg
395KB, 721x1100px
>>9184434
Also Ali Project. She gets featured in the G&LB every now and then.
>>
>>9184790
How does one cheat in a coord contest? I don't usually keep up with this sort of thing but that sounds hard to pull off.
>>
>>9184798
Fake votes
>>
>>9184790
That coord is fucking shameful.
Mylolitastyle seems to be down forever. Is there any particular reason she did it? Is she salty about B? To be honest, I never liked D. I remeber her making a video about how Misako gave her a perfume and how she was ~special~ all while having this obnoxious high pitch flea market voice. She didn't promote any shit, just raised her ego far beyond.
Deets on B?
>>
>>9184802
Wait what?
Isn't she supposed to be a lawyer? I guess she learned it from there.
>>
File: alice.jpg (55KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
55KB, 564x564px
buck-tick made a vid with a lolita girl on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc960autqHc
>>
A couple of years ago there was a lolita on Hotel of Mum and Dad. She was a bit of a cunt though
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04m9trl

link to it on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMmHS2nx9w

She also has some youtube channel.
>>
>>9185064
She made me cringe so hard. How can you wear CDC while crashing at your boyfriends parents house for free
>>
>>9184802
Was she the one who invited everyone and their mother to vote for her or did she buy them?
>>
>>9165434
Speaking of Harajuku Girls... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOHAU13FfiI
>>
>>9185064
Lordy, that girl is such an insufferable cunt. I have no idea why that guy is with her, she seems awful.
>>
>>9185064
>"Yeah I basically work my ass off and hand my gf money. She doesn't work, lives with my parents, and gets money from her family as well. She spends it all on makeup and clothes."
I'm also assuming she doesn't cook or clean also?

You know, besides the unattractive ear lobes that's a pretty attractive guy. How do these spoiled slags land such great men who provide literally everything for them like that? I get treated like a cunt for saving up my own money and spending it on lolita, and my bf wouldn't tolerate paying our rent by himself. Is shit like this normal for the majority of relationships, or is my self-esteem so shitty I've been brainwashed to believe I have to work at a job I hate, cook, clean, and never spend money on myself?
>>
>>9185260
>assuming reality shows are real life
Are you actually this stupid?
>>
>>9185260
If your bf insists on sharing rent money, you should insist he does his share of chores. Have him cook his own meals if he ignores you.

Don't be accept this bullshit, anon. You're not his maid. He can contribute even if he's busy. Draw up a schedule.
>>
>>9185260
is it your boyfriend who's treating you like a cunt?

i agree that she should contribute in some way because they're both going nowhere quickly. i only think it's okay if there's a happy mutual agreement that one partner takes care of everything financially--and even then, the other shouldn't just lie about like a useless frilly lump. gives us homebodies a bad name.
>>
>>9185064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGmfkQR1bC8

I knew I fucking recognised her from somewhere.
>>
File: 1460760997025.png (420KB, 813x520px) Image search: [Google]
1460760997025.png
420KB, 813x520px
>>9162193
I need you help /cgl/
A very good friend of mine is going to have a costume party for her birthday, and the theme is about Melanie Martinez... The problem is that I'm a 5,83 ft bear... What can I do?
>>
>>9185449
melanie martinez is an ageplayer, show up in a mandiaper and a bonnet and you'll be golden. seriously though they'll love it
>>
>>9185267
I don't know why the fuck people would go on shows like this, though. They know it'll be edited to hell and make them look terrible.
>>
>>9185529
I used to have an insane urge to be on tv when I was a child... I think some people just don't grow out of that phase and reality shows will take anyone who is enough of a train wreck.
>>
>>9185511
This. Be the person wearing the joke costume.
>>
>>9162199
All of my rage
>>
>>9185389
I wish she posted more on youtube because I really want to know if she's actually that awful in real life or if it's just editing and forced "acting".
>>
>>9165434
>>9170968
>>9185164
>https://twitter.com/gwenstefani/status/775708160304656385
So apparently this is really happening.
>>
>>9184790
I thought she quit as KA and that's why B was announced as the new KA. D is now living on another country "promoting jfashion" (.http://jfashionista.com/inspire-in-red/) A recent interview of her new job.
>>
>>9185164
>>9186166
This looks so crappy.
>>
File: whatyearisit.jpg (69KB, 666x570px) Image search: [Google]
whatyearisit.jpg
69KB, 666x570px
https://youtu.be/Z2Pkr9yCpK8?list=PLzz_8aQAWm6BMn5_Pi432VYRrxs1v81B1

y'all remember this?

>>9186166
Jesus. Why are they still trying to shill on this thing? It even looks outdated.
>>
>>9184434
You forgot Meltia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8VmQarA5nQ
>>
>>9185164
I have to say this will probably be a hit. People love singing shows right now, kids mostly, and with shows like Monster High and Ever After High having outrageous girl outfits, people love that too. Sorry anons.
>>
>>9185064
Wouldve been nice to say where in the 50 minute video it was.
>>
alaska thunderfuck got ahold of memorial cake for her new video
>>
File: 1366159115225.jpg (318KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1366159115225.jpg
318KB, 650x488px
>>9188268
>Protip
Unless 4chin thinks links are spam, post the video next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhJkW7hU1jk

"coord" shows up around 5:15. Song is eh, and starts around 2:00. idk if this is edgier than her usual stuff, but then again, she's not really my favorite queen in the first place.

I wonder if it's a replica. My screen is either shit, the lighting is too bright, or both.

I'm beyond disappointed in seeing celebs wear lolita. I mean, it's nice to know that at least people generally feel weirded out by lolita that it's too difficult to be mainstream, leaving us to enjoy our niche fashion, but I'm so tired seeing celebs dick around in some of the worst possible ways. I just want to see someone famous wear the fashion well without turning it into some ageplay fetish.
>>
>>9186409
Ew, they made them look so terrible
>>
>>9162193
Related to OP's pic:
>be semi-closeted MtF
>work at a local middle school tutoring kids a couple days a week
>hear that there's a student in the program who identifies as trans, doesn't have a supportive family
>have flashbacks to how awful my own middle school experience was, bullying, etc.
>fuck-someone-should-help-this-kid.jpg
>come out to my boss (probably knew anyways it's kinda an open secret at this point) and offer to tutor the kid since I figured I could be some kind of role model or at least offer support on stuff other people couldn't really understand
>finally meet kid
>they're wearing a Melanie Martinez shirt

what have i gotten myself into lmao
>>
>>9188289
I think its cause sweet stands out so much and fame whores are just out to get the most attention so of course that's why they flock to. And I say this as someone who wears sweet.
>>
>>9186166
Hahah, where is that bitch to defend little miss Stefani now?
>>
>>9186415
What happened to Meltia? I just glanced at a few of the threads when they'd show up and now they're just gone.
>>
>>9162193
Does anyone know any music artists that have Melanie's aesthetic without the ageplay. Or artists that are just generally cute.
>>
>>9188570
Only three remain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW2MBw058DY
>>
>>9188554
My condolences

>t.Classic Lolita
>>
>>9188268
ugh not alaska I really like her what a shame
>>
>>9186092
I didn't know about her appearance on that reality show but I thought her content was pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>9188766
I wear gothic too. Split wardrobe.
>>
>>9174595
>>9174599
>>9174601
to be honest im more mad about her using garbage ass goodreau dolls in this music video, they're the bjd equivalent of sissy dresses.
>>
>>9192572
Gotta keep it affordable
>>
Stromae's cartoon gf is a lolita in this video
youtube.com/watch?v=UKftOH54iNU
Only example I can think of that isn't itt yet
>>
>>9174579
I feel like she's doing this as a bandaid for her voice. It's easier to be remembered as crazy outfits and acting than to be remembered by mediocre singing.
>>
>>9198881
she's made it to the six chair challenge (the 3rd round in the competition) so far she hasn't worn too much different (big dresses, same make up each time) overall not good looking
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaYDPRedWQ

Oops...
>>
File: gothic_lolita_psycho_main.jpg (69KB, 580x420px) Image search: [Google]
gothic_lolita_psycho_main.jpg
69KB, 580x420px
Gothic & Lolita psycho featured a heroine in loli clothes, kinda ita but the idea is there. It was pretty fun to watch too!

Anyone know if her outfit is actually from some kind of brand?
>>
idk if I should put this in the cringe thread or if it's ok here (so polite sage in case), but back in 2010, there was a show on the BBC where they swapped people with opposite styles, and this is an episode where they had a "lolita" trying to get a "goth" to dress like her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=uCJBwD22EC0

I seriously don't know how I sat through this.

I know it was 6 years ago, but even then, of all people they could have chosen as a fashionista they chose an ita weeb with unrealistic lifestyle lolita behavior?

I'd be pretty damn upset if I had to wear that dress.

Any U.K comm members recognize her?
>>
>>9199144
>Goth is ugly, but lolita is fashionable!

As an old school goth, fuck them.

And remember, goth clubs are one of the few places you can dress lolita and no one will care.
>>
>>9182034
The Game Grumps playthrough of this game was hilarious!
>>
>>9199171
They absolutely will care, goth is full of salty elitists who think gothic lolita isn't goth enough to be true goth, and other styles of lolita need to gtfo.
>>
>>9199228
Most of those salty elitists are in their 50s now and the younger crowd cares far less.
>>
>>9199709
>tfw your local goth club never has more than a handful of under-25s
>>
Has this NHK World segment been posted yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTOhw0q3Nmc

>>9185090
She bought them on a website.

>>9186409
The mere concept of this is is horrendous and makes me disappointed in my country.
>>
>>9199144
>that video
My left ear is pretty fucking lonely
>>
anyone post about that What Not to Wear episode yet? I'm sure cgl has discussed this before but it's relevant to the thread:

The girl's name was Lexa and she was a budding lolita/ita. I wish I could find a link of a good stream or something but everything seems to be an actual recording of a television.
>>
>>9199144
>My Lolita scene is basically about being a child
I'm triggered.
Aside from that, I actually like the Sweet Lolita. Her room is cute.
I kinda wanted her and the scene (""goth"" lmao) girl to be a couple.
>>
>>9198559
Honestly I don't think she even paid anything for them, or else just rented them somehow? She did the same thing with a Souldoll bjd before. I know Goodreau got theirs back after the shoot and then auctioned them off for 10-20 times the regular prices because they had been customized (meaning bad decoden shit glued on).
>a friend bought one of them
>paid $3k for it
>she has a ton of beautifully dressed better sculpted dolls including a life size one that was 1500
>but its the Kerli one that's under glass and treated special
>>
>>9199758
I guess that's what happens when you shun the Hottopic generation. You end up with nobody to carry on the subculture...
Not saying they weren't right to do so, but ya know.
>>
>>9199144
>that laugh at 2:25
>>
>>9201915
it was a while ago, but i feel like I remember more than one "lolita" that was on that show... I am fairly sure a lolita with very nice brand dresses wound up on that show and at the time everyone was freaking out because she let them throw out her wardrobe worth thousands of dollars while they only allowed one thousand dollars to shop with.
>>
>>9184817
Favorite band ever. I used to love this video with a passion, then I found out it was a big rip off of White Stripes' Blue orchid video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8UlrtcEac
>>
>>9202176
i wouldn't be surprised. as for Lexa, i think she only had one meta (?) dress and then a bunch of offbrand, so it wasn't like bucketloads of $400 brand being dumped. on top of that she seemed really uneducated/weeby when it comes to lolita. i feel bad for the girl though, the television hosts wouldn't stop insisting the fashion revolved around kink. gag.
>>
>>9202176
Ah yeah I remember that. They forced her to throw away all her lolita and made her dress like a normie businesswoman.

I didn't feel that bad for her though, she's the one who asked to be on that shitshow.
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.