[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akaicon 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: akaicon.png (20KB, 720x267px) Image search: [Google]
akaicon.png
20KB, 720x267px
Any other seagulls at akaicon?
>>
I just moved near Nashville from Miami and this is gonna be my first con in Tennessee. Should I keep my expectations low or is it actually a good con?
>>
>>9159804
It's not huge but it's pretty fun. Ran into Eric Stuart getting out of the elevator earlier. This is my second year at akai. It's a lot more laid back then MTAC which is hosted by the same hotel but has about 10-15x the attendance.
>>
/tg/ here reporting in, desu
>>
There's really nothing to do here :/. Barely any panels and a lot of obnoxious homestuck children
>>
Panels were not spread out enough, convention space was poorly laid out, waste of money and weekend. Security was really lax and saw tons of ghosts, which does not say good for a con.

PLUS SIDE: Staff were actually cool, artists were awesome, found better conventions to go to while there.
>>
>>9161737
A map before Day 2 would have been useful. I ran around with a group Friday night looking for Panel room 4. The panels I went to were decent to really good. But it seemed like last year had more programming.

The thing that upset me most was the tickets to get into the formal ball. I wouldn't even be so mad it they were reasonable around $10 but 25 is crazy. Dealers were cool, staff was fun and interactive, and had a lot of fun with the people here. I even met some deadpools that I didn't want to strangle.

Overall I had fun and will probably be back next year.
>>
File: vomitoon.jpg (28KB, 457x510px) Image search: [Google]
vomitoon.jpg
28KB, 457x510px
>>9161737
Are "ghosts" people who show up without buying a badge?

I showed up for a single day and they just gave me some crappy wristband instead of a badge. Made me feel self conscious, like people thought I was a badge-less mooch or something.

A fat lady rolled her motor-chair over my foot.
>>
>>9161807
Normally means people who snuck in without badges or wristbands. Some teens roaming the hotel halls tonight looking drinks or open rooms. About to call hotel security if they show up on my floor again.
>>
didm't go this year, mainly because I was so bored last year, and also annoyed at their poor layout and lack of information last year.
Asked about panel explanations and was told to download the app...there was no app, they meant go on facebook and scroll around until I found where they posted an online schedule post. Didn't explain really anything about any panel.
Had a very hard time finding some of their rooms, couldn't get directions. had rooms randomly swapped without being told, etc.

might be going to yamacon this year? but I'm not sure.
>>
It was better than mtac, but the organizational skills of this convention was still horrible. I remember seeing their boots at conventions with hardly any information and it looks like everything was just thrown together last minute. On the positive side the guest lineup was great and any staff I did interact with were very awesome. Although I wish I got to meet whoever was in charge of handling so I could give them a piece of my mind and hopefully they would accept some improvement ideas. I hope they have a survey
>>
It seemed pretty dead as a whole but still better than MTAC for sure
>>
File: lolismirk.jpg (19KB, 307x212px) Image search: [Google]
lolismirk.jpg
19KB, 307x212px
>>9163197
What the hell happened to MTAC? It used to be among the best cons in the south.

>>9161807
>A fat lady rolled her motor-chair over my foot.
LMFAO!! I think I know who you're talking about.
>>
I am going to be in the minority and say it was okay, but I like mtac more.

It was cool to have more room and not feel crowded, but the con itself seemed disorganized. Shit didn't start on time, the badges looked cheap, there wasn't an app or a paper schedule, they made us lineup outside for autographs and then it started raining. They didn't make it clear they didn't rent the whole hotel and that we couldn't be in the lobby. Friday night was dead if you weren't in the risqué cosplay. The gaming room was just pitiful, so was the video rooms.

Say what you will about MTAC, but they at least seem to have their shit together.
>>
One of their guests was super drunk and harassing attendees and touching them.
>>
>>9163219
They can't get their shit together for the last few years, PR is horrible, they damage control the FB groups with any negative feedback saying to email them first and get post deleted, the con is split between two hotels with a huge walk between them and the bus thing is a joke with a huge line, and their stance on security is a he said she said mess.

>>9163352
Agree on the video room, gaming, and lack of info. I will say Akai is improving.

>>9163359
Isn't that the rumor every con? Why not just say the guest name?
>>
I would disagree with them deleting posts, I've watched more than a few complaint threads and participated in some (dat dealer line last year) and never seen anything disappear. And shit is usually easier in an email rather than digging through comments. Those busses hold a bunch of people and I refuse to do that walk so ride it every time. I've never waited for more than fifteen minutes even when it looks crazy long and I ride it at least ten times or more during the weekend since autographs and games were at the other hotel. I'll agree with the security bit.

I do agree they're improving at akai, just didn't seem as organized to me compared to mtac.

The guest was Austin Tindle. I saw security having to go after him and then on Sunday he magically had to leave for "a family issue" and missed his Sunday stuff, but then we saw him in the hotel on Sunday leaving after they told us that.
>>
I get the idea Akaicon is run by some pretty cool people who don't have their shit together but decided an anime convention would be cool. Because of that, it's pretty chill, but it feels disorganized and like they put some things in place and hope it worked out.

Don't get me wrong, it was cool and I had a great time, I just feel like shows like AWA and mtac are better organized.

I didn't like that the ball was so expensive, Dan was supposed to be in a signing and then I was told he wouldn't be after I'd waited in line for an hour. The duel with Dan and Eric started late and felt like they didn't plan anything, and then their autograph session was late again and they moved the game show so they could be in the main room, late. Having people line up outside in August for autographs was just a shitty idea. Austin Tindle didn't show up to half of of his stuff. My room was over by the guest party room and I feel like they were loud and staff used the room for their friends to hang out. Which again is cool if you want a chill con just didn't seem professional and it seems like they let their guests fuck around.

Only people who weren't chill were security. What was with dude in the army uniform? Work hard to get that yell at 13 year Olds clearance?

I'll go back again next year just expecting different things.
>>
Sort of have to agree MTAC is more organized, but it is more crowded. Sort of a trade off, but I think MTAC is still the better con.

Also, what the hell was with the all the Homestuck? Not a bad thing, just didn't realize the fandom was still a thing.
>>
Eh
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.