[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General: Space Cadet Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 34

New Lolita General.
Old Thread: >>9151056
Cof: >>9155275
Petticoat Thread: >>9135783
B/S/T: >>9133257
>>
>>9157914
I want so bad to love this, but it's so poorly executed
>>
>>9157914
I LOVE the print but hate every cut...
>>
>>9157916
Same, I'm getting major PJ vibes..
>>
>>9157917
That's exactly how I feel. I want this shit in sax so bad, but all the cuts hurt my soul.
>>
>>9157921
It makes me think of children's bedding
>>
>>9157917
>>9157923
I LOVE the cuts but dislike the print. Finally a really simple cut for a change.
>>
>>9157914
Wow, I love the blazer and skirt together. It's so preppy and cute.
>>
Upcoming Meta special set.

Thoughts? I can't decide if I want to or not.
>>
>>9157941
Enjoy your gaudy blazer that will go with nothing else in your wardrobe.
Seriously so disappointed in this release.
>>
>>9157994
Would you have been willing to pay full price for them?
>>
>>9157914
I was really hyped for this print but none of the cuts really do it for me, oh well, I won't have the spending cash till next week anyway hopefully something will still be in stock
>>
>>9158004

Well, I thought I would, but I kind of hemmed and hawed my way around when dresses were released instead of buying them outright, which I guess means something. Now with the cardigan they're just discounted enough to be tempting but still too high to be a no-brainer.
>>
>>9157995
Not fond of the series, but if you're so unimaginative that you can't think of any way to match that blazer with anything else, you're bad at lolita.
>>
>>9157994
I'm fond of that castle shit at the bottom
>>
>>9157914
It's shit. Again. Brands are sooo running out of ideas, it's sad
>>
>>9157995
how do you know they don't have anything in their closet that would match?
you're being pretty assumptive here.
>>
>>9157917
>>9157916
>>9157921
>>9157923
>>9157925
>>9157938
>>9158067
I want to know what you guys like.
>>
>>9157994
I'm tempted, those dresses are all pretty cute.

>>9157995
I feel like the blazer could be cute in otome, personally. I'm not planning on purchasing it though.
>>
>>9158078
I'd rather pay full price for things and colors i know I'll love. That being said i love fantasy parade, but not the gamble.
>>
>>9158071
Pre-2013 AP
>>
>>9158071
What do you mean? Lolita dresses we like?
>>
>>9158071
As far as AP goes, I'm most fond of their tacky princess shit like Castle Mirage and they're older OTT sweet like Milky Planet and Sugary Carnival. I also like stuff like Lady Rose and Little Bird's Symphony or whatever it's called.
>>
>>9158083
>can't understand something this obvious

>>9158086
>they're
>likes Castle Mirage

confirmed that the average poster on /cgl/ that complains about each new AP release has an IQ around room temp.
>>
>>9158088
English isn't my first language, sorry I made a mistake. Also this is the first time I ever stated my dislike of an AP release.

You are awfully mad about people simply not liking a release. I never said anything rude about people who do, just that I don't like it. You might want some calming tea or something.
>>
>>9158094
I'm just sick of nothing but generic and nitpicking complaining literally every time a new AP release comes out.
>>
>>9158071
>>9158088
I was going to answer your question until you confirmed my suspicions that you're a butthurt APfag looking to call shit taste on everyone who didn't like this series.

None of these posters were dicks about voicing their opinion on this print. You are being a sandy cunt just because people don't like what you like. Not everyone is going to have your tastes, get over yourself.
>>
>>9158095
So, you're sick of people having different opinions on frilly dresses than you?
>>
>>9158098
I'm
>>9158088

I just see this every AP release. "omg wow it's shit" "I don't like it" "wow much original AP" "is AP going bankrupt?????!" I wasn't even the origins asker.

>>9158099
I'm tired of the Lolita general turning into anti-AP shitposting every fucking release they put out. If you don't like it why not talk about another brands release that you DO like instead of generic shitposting about how much The new AP release sucks?
>>
>>9158095
Not everyone is going to like every new AP release , anon. Every new release, no matter what the brand, is going to have people who love I and hate it. If you can't handle that fact, don't fucking come here.
>>
>>9158104
Why not promote actual discussion on other releases that aren't AP instead of the latest dank meme about how you don't like the release?
>>
>>9158103
Maybe we should separate new AP releases into their own thread so they don't clog up the general?
>>
>>9158113
I think that may be best seeing as /cgl/ lacks the ability to do anything but shitpost in the general about each AP release.
>>
>>9158103
There was no shitposting, people just stated their opinion. No one was like "anyone who likes this is confirmed for shit taste". I love AP, but I'm not going to hold my tongue if I don't like a release just because you're too butthurt to handle people disagreeing with you on a print.
>>
>>9158115
Oh please, you're the one shitposting and clogging up the thread because you're mad people have negative opinions on a new release.
>>
>>9158116
Literally EVERY single release /cgl/ does nothing but spout generic and overused complaints. Every. Single. Release.

It's fine if you don't like it, but it's turned to the point where the Lolita general is now "complain about the newest AP release with nothing but rehashed memes general" and it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>9158124
Can you not read? I don't even like this new release but I'm not the one doing nothing but spouting memes over it. This happens EVERY fucking time and it's insanely annoying.

inb4
>hurr u AP fangirl

No. I just want the generals to be something other than everyone whining the same lines over and over.
>>
>>9158128
Well, how about if you're so overwhelmingly mad about people disliking new releases, we completely keep releases out of generals from now on and you shut the fuck up now?
>>
>>9158128
Now the general is about this retarded argument. You're being worse than they are.
>>
>>9158128
Not that anon, but what about that post indicates they can't read? You said nothing about not liking the new release, nor did they say anything indicating you did. They just said you're mad that people are voicing negative opinions... which you are, that's just a fact that even you stated.
>>
>>9158135
At least it's a goddamn change of pace.
>>
>>9158140
No, I'd way rather just skim through some people not liking a new AP set than see this cringe.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>complaining about someone complaining about complaining

Can we go back to arguing about colors instead? This is just getting silly.
>>
File: tumblr_murxby5AKA1qcf65wo1_1280.jpg (37KB, 725x430px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_murxby5AKA1qcf65wo1_1280.jpg
37KB, 725x430px
>>9158163
>complaing about someone complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining
It has become a never ending vortex from which there is no escape
>>
>>9158071
PJ anon here. AP is one of my favorite brand along with AatP but I do dress in sweet, classical and gothic. There's things about each style I genuinely love and speaks to me. I think the last AP release I really enjoyed was Princess Cat. Didn't see that one coming.
>>9157925
Hah yeah that too. Actually my little cousin had similar beddings as a child.
>>
File: image.gif (191KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
191KB, 500x375px
>>9158168
>no escape

There's always an escape anon. See you on the other side.
>>
File: me on cgl erry day.jpg (45KB, 413x270px) Image search: [Google]
me on cgl erry day.jpg
45KB, 413x270px
>>9158088
>confirmed that the average poster on /cgl/ that complains about each new AP release has an IQ around room temp.
TOP KEK.
>>
>>9158133
I bet you good money they didn't make the OP post of this thread.
>>
>>9158098
I didn't confirm anything for you. I didn't even post after that until now. My god, why do you think you can tell who the anons posting are.
>>
>>9158183
Not saying they are, just that maybe we should keep them out since clearly this thread has become a shit show.
>>
>>9158190
I'm saying that person has no control whether we talk about new AP releases in the gen or not because randoms will make new lolitagens and pick whatever topic they deem fit.

There is literally no way to combat this problem, it is not as simple as just, making another thread for it.
>>
File: 013.jpg (70KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
70KB, 640x960px
a few shitty questions i have:

- what are some tips/advice you'd give to someone wearing long wigs in a windy area?

- is it better to put unpopular shit in a lot and price low or wait painfully for them to sell one by one?
>price everything 30-40% udner last selling price
>still no bites

- what's your favorite go-to coordinate when you feel like utter shit? pics appreciated, love comfy coords.

- what motif would you like to see more in lolita?
>>
>>9158174
>I think the last AP release I really enjoyed was Princess Cat. Didn't see that one coming.
Me either and I'm gonna get the teal one secondhand eventually.
>>
>>9158081

It's not a gamble, though. Meta lets you put in 1st and 2nd choices on what you want for the dress, the cardi/blouse and the socks. (They'll switch to your second choice only if your first choice is sold out.)

So basically more like a discounted set, not a semi-blind LP.
>>
>>9157994
Ugh I love that short sleeved blouse. This set seems overpriced though, when I don't really like any of the jsk's, just that green OP
>>
File: 02281620_56d29fd357c75.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
02281620_56d29fd357c75.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
>>9158213
>what are some tips/advice you'd give to someone wearing long wigs in a windy area?
God damn I need answers to this. I have tried following youtube tuts on making wigs secure but they still slide off my head.

I love comfy coords, too, which is why I usually try to get dresses that are fully shirred or at least partially. I have the BtssB dress in pic related and it's just so fucking comfy.

I'm in the middle of coming up with lolita ideas for motif's and prints in my bullet journal. I'm no artist though, so I gotta find someone who could make my ideas come to life.
>>
>>9157994
I like it, but I'm saving my pennies for velveteen.
>>
>>9158208
It really is that simple? Like, if you set up a thread for recent AP releases and posted in it, then when anons bring up new AP in the gen thread you'd just link them to the AP thread instead?
>>
>>9158213
Hats help in windy areas. I'd try maybe putting your items in a lot if you're having trouble selling, also make sure the pics
of your items are attractive whether they're in a lot or you're just selling separately. I favor AP or baby curses dresses when I'm feelin lazy. I wish there were more perfume prints.
>>
>>9158227
Cutsew dresses, not curses. Curses!!
>>
>>9158227
>>9158228

>10/10
would want to get cursed by Baby on a lazy day
>>
>>9158241
New releases thread
>>
>>9158213

>wigs in windy area
My advice: Don't. Or at least braid it or tie it up in some style.

>lot vs one by one
A set/lot of all unpopular items is just going to sit there and not sell. Pair (some of) the unpopular item with some popular stuff and sell that as a lot/set, and drop the price. People will buy it for the unpopular item.

Or give up and do a giveaway for your blog. If you can't get money out of it at least you can try for some attention, I guess?

>favorite go-to
Purely for comfort, cutsew onepieces. Mumu-style onepieces are also good if you aren't moving around a lot, they lack the stretch but they also don't have restrictive waists, so they feel loose and comfy if you're just bumming around the house. Pull on a petticoat and bloomers (and socks and shoes) right before you leave the house.
For a low-key cute weekend, simple jsks with a bolero or cardi thrown on. Usually I pick AP jsks for the pockets and IW boleros, but I have a lot of Baby and Meta jsks I keep because they look great like this. Hair is usually a simple ponytail with matching ribbon, and I mostly go without makeup or wigs.

>motif
None, really. My favorite flower is rose, my favorite theme is desserts, and I like unicorns, pegasi and sparkly things. All very well represented.
>>
Does anyone else ever make up random lolita related things about yourself? Idk why, but I love saying on here that I have 50+ or 100+ main pieces and lying about what pieces I own, even if I don't like them.
>>
>>9158287
No
>>
>>9158287
Haha yeah totally
>>
>>9158287
>"Idk why"
you're a compulsive liar?
>>
>all these butthurt AP fags
Kek
Good,good,keep buying what AP does like good little dogs.
But more seriously, just because we think AP has been doing shit lately doesnt mean we are retarded.
It's called having opinions.
I didnt like a print since Holy Lantern and even then i didn't like the cuts. I prefer pre 2010 AP.
>>
File: cat-sad-601x400.jpg (44KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
cat-sad-601x400.jpg
44KB, 601x400px
Hey gulls, I'm in a shitty situation here and I seek some advice. I've posted the issue few threads ago, I'm that anon who ordered an expensive item from one of the famous Murica's crafters and never got it in the mail (it's been three months already). She didn't reply my mails, so I was told here to wait as it were holidays and to mail her again after some time. I did so, and she replied she never got any mails from me (which is weird as we're both using gmail but whatever), and that she would visit her local PO in order to start an investigation. But nothing happened again, so I mailed her two weeks later asking on the progress, and she replied with a week delay telling me that "the investigation is discontinued and the post can do nothing even though the parcel had a tracking ID because the mode it was shipped with was First Class mail which has no detalisation on tracking". She then said she was sorry and asked me what option would make me happy - a partial refund or a new item. I told her the money didn't really matter compared to the item I actually needed for an outfit, so she told me she'd send me another one. And nothing happened ever since again, I didn't get any notification of shipment or a tracking ID in the end. Of course I didn't receive that one either, so now I have no clue about what should I do in this case, because if she'd really sent me the second one being a seller myself I really wouldn't want to make her lose twice the money by opening a PayPal dispute. I really have no clue about what should I do, and I'm so very sorry if she recognises me by that post.
>>
>>9158368
*this
>>
>>9158368
Open a dispute. It's not your problem if she loses money, and her communication sucks.
>>
>>9158330
>Good,good,keep buying what AP does like good little dogs.
Take your domdaddy shit back to fucking tumblr.
>>
File: Smug_191c79_5762907.jpg (20KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_191c79_5762907.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
>>9158376
Anon you're the only one seeing that kind of fucked up shit in my post.
Could it be you secretly have such a fetish?
>>
>>9158421
It's not anons fault your English is so terrible.
>>
File: 1465755700834.jpg (77KB, 655x582px) Image search: [Google]
1465755700834.jpg
77KB, 655x582px
>>9158424
lel i'm not a native speaker but my english is not terrible either. Not my fault you have an IQ at room temperature friendo.
>>
>>9158453
I think you're severely over estimating your abilities. It's instantly obvious English isn't your first language.
>>
>>9158454
Whatever you say dude.

Moving on, what is your favourite year in lolita history and why?
Mine would be 2012 mainly because of the memories (had lots of lolita friends,went to lots of events,pretty fun overall) and 2009 because it really started to get more popular in France which means more blogs,forums,communities, (rip LJ)... it was pretty neat
>>
>>9158421
>projecting cause you got called out on your shit
No one just calls someone else "little dogs", stop.
>>
>>9158316
If that were the case, it would happen in real life, not just an anonymous forum.
>>
>>9158368
Whoever this is should be named. I don't understand how there are still sellers who don't at LEAST use third party shipping insurance if they won't use tracking.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Called out on what shit?
Because I made a mistake in the way i wrote my post?
Your sodium level is quite high, you need to chill.
>>
>>9158471
Meant to quote
>>9158461

>>9158287
But why tho? You sound like an old friend of mine who was a compulsive liar. Not trying to be mean but get help anon.

>>9158227
Seconding this, i own two cutsew dresses and they're super comfy and perfect for lazy days when you still want to wear lolita. Cutsews in general are nice too with a simple skirt or even just bloomers if you stay home

>>9158228
Kek
>>
>>9158471
Not that anon but my guess is because you're mentally impaired and need to stop posting?
>>
>>9158467
She'd used tracking. At least she provided me with tracking ID, and all this time it showed only one record - parcel acceptance at PO at the very beginning of June. My US penfriend just told me today that this ID tracks within USPS system, but the record says the parcel was shipped in late July. So it's either the seller'd taken an international blank with a tracking and just didn't send the item on a date she told she did (which was three months ago), or the tracking has already been reused by USPS for some other parcel.
>>
>>9158368
Okay first of all make a dispute. First class packages do have tracking (within the us) and I believe insurance up $50. The insurance may not be true outside of the us. if your outside of the us, technically PayPal will side with you because she didn't provide tracking.
>>
>>9158459
2010 because that's when most of my favorite prints came out
>>
>>9158478
Nailed it!
>>
Newfag question, but what's a good source for natural looking wigs?
>>
>>9158459
Even though I wear mostly classic I really love 2010 era OTT sweet style.
>>
>>9158521
USPS does reuse their tracking, even for international packages. I've seen this before on a package I had sent to Canada. After it was delivered, it updated as being just sent out.
>>
>>9158222
I could help you draw anon, I don't know if you're interested. I need more info though
>>
>>9158749
How cute are your cats? Are you good with pastels? How much would you charge? If I made a profit, how much would you take?
And would you be willing to start out for fun?
>>
>>9158734
But it wasn't delivered. I mean, yeah, obviously, but the status didn't change at all during all this time. I would've had an opportunity to see if the seller got it returned back to her, wouldn't I? What are the chances the parcel truly got lost or wasn't sent in the first place?
>>
>>9158368

name and shame please, this was for a flower crown right?

I'm not trying to be a huge dick but the seller isnt really doing the situation justice. She ignored you for so long and even after getting in touch with you, was not fantastic with their communication.
>>
>>9158780
Sorry, you must've mistook me for someone else, it wasn't about flower crown. I really don't want to start any drama unless I have a picture of what happened (as I don't really know how USPS works) and unless I'm really sure it's her fault, because I believe she has a good reputation around here and I never heard anyone having the same problems when ordering from her.
>>
>>9158796
*mistaken
>>
I have a shitty question. How can I look cute being very big? I'm 1.80 tall and weigh 74 kg and I always feel like a mammoth even tho I've been wearing classic and sweet Lolita for years. I mean my floordinates are good, they always get many compliments and are shared all over the interwebz but then I wear the stuff and it looks god awful on me. Any tips for giant-chan? (Sorry for bad english)
>>
>>9158368
Start a Paypal dispute. Paypal states the item must arrive to you in order for the seller to be protected. It's the seller's job to make sure they ship reliably. Using a customs number (which is what you would have been given for a first class parcel) does not count for seller protection as this number won't show anything past customs. She would have needed to 1. express ship to you (which is really expensive) or 2. send registered mail. Chances are you got a customs number since there is no updated tracking info. Start a dispute, I don't think the item you ordered will be arriving.
>>
>>9158800
You should try something like those low-waist cuts IW often does. Long dresses or dresses with long underskirts may also work just great hiding your proportions, but I'd stay away from babydolls.
>>
>>9158287

I usually just change some small detail, like the names of prints, or describe a coord from a different day, so I'm less recogniseable (or so I'd like to think). I wouldn't bother changing the number of pieces I own, it usually has no bearing on whatever anyway.

Making up random lolita details and lying about owning dresses does sound a little off. Not compulsive lying, more like you wish you had all these things and since this is an anonymous forum you can make up whatever fantasy you like instead of having to shut up because you have nothing to contribute. Eh, just don't let it go overboard, don't shitpost, and don't lead others astray while you're doing it, okay?
>>
>>9158806
Thank you, that's been very useful. It really was customs form label number. I understand now why I couldn't get any info at my domestic tracking system, but I still don't really understand why USPS site didn't show any info on parcel's whereabouts too.
>>
>>9158163
We've got a situation here Julian
>>
>>9158071
I like any of their dresses that are large enough to fit me. I also favor their dresses that have a lower waist.
>>
File: sore thumb.jpg (209KB, 960x573px) Image search: [Google]
sore thumb.jpg
209KB, 960x573px
>>9158800
>>9158800
I'm a giant too (182 cm and ~65 kg). I think I look alright in solo pictures sometimes and I love the aesthetic enough that I don't mind too much but I know I look awkward alongside of regular height girls. Usually to make things fit I just look for longer pieces that have straps where I can unbutton them and lower the bodice of the dress. But I know nothing's ever going to make me look small.
>>
>>9158807
I'll try that. I do have underskirts and long IW dresses (3 actually), but wearing them makes me feel even bigger.
>>
>>9158834
You are so skinny! I can never seem to loose more weight, but meh, that's just my bodytype I guess. I always look so silly in group pics. Well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it then. Thanks for the picture, you look lovely!
>>
>>9158800
this may seem counter-intuitive, but if you want to look smaller and cuter (at least in photos and from a distance), you have to think and wear bigger. Bigger hair, bigger hair accessories, fuller petticoats, all this means that your features become proportionally smaller. This is pretty much what drag queens do and if it works for RuPaul it'll work for you.

Longer cuts like >>9158806 are good insofar as length, but they're usually designed to be worn with a lesser poof, so their skirts usually aren't cut as full as shorter dresses.
>>
>>9158834
You have the body of a model in the early throws of anorexia. I mean that in a good way.
>>
>>9158800

Not a lot of options for someone that tall. How long have you been a lolita? Surely by now you've taken note of which brands and dresses tend to fit better and which don't?

You could probably learn a lot just going through your existing wardrobe and seperating out the dresses that do look good on you as-is, without modification, and taking note of what brands/cuts the dresses are. Target those brands and cuts for future purchases.

Take note of the ones that look the worst on you, too, so that you can avoid them in the future. For those dresses that look babydoll or too short on you, I'd say see if you can work a cutesy babydoll coord around them, instead of treating them like regular waist dresses.

If you need more brands/cuts to try out,
- Haenuli had a rep for making longer bodices, though I think they "fixed" this now as most lolitas don't have really long torsos. Still worth a shot, or you can track down their older releases.
- There's a handful of indie brands that do custom. If you like prints, then soufflesong and Lady Sloth both have prints and do custom.
- Very few brands make dresses that are both dropped waist and longer. AP has two -- Victorian Letter long jsk and Mercator long jsk. The bottom is mostly ruffles though.
- If dropped waists work for you, you can aim for dropped waist dresses and use underskirts.
>>
>>9158779
Yeah, you should see if it was returned. I've had that happen with a package to Australia. It was tracked the entire time though, to Australia and back to my doorstep when it was undelivered.
>>
>>9158834
Fellow comm member! You're always so cute, I love your coords.
>>
>>9158857
Oh. I'd nver tought of that actually. Will try it out for next coord, it makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
>>
File: 2.jpg (48KB, 265x557px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
48KB, 265x557px
>>9158865
Yes, I've been wearing lolita for a long time now. Thank you for your advice! ETC looks awful on me, som AP works. Meta is good, IW and JetJ are best. Would love to wear more VM or MM some day, but most dresses have no shirring. Oh but I do own Flocky Rose and it fits really well despite my height! Never owned a dress by Haenlui, some dresses are on my WTB list tho. Oh and I look god awful in skirts man. So sad, I have like 5 and every time I coordinate them it looks son cute and then I go ahed and throw it on and... just no.
>>
How do you determine when it is time to stop buying dresses, or when a piece would be a good choice?
I have 2 ops, 5 jsks and 4 skirts and my wardrobe is feeling very full, but there is now an OP that I want. I have been in to lolita for about 2 years now.
It would be fine for me to get it if I wore lolita on a daily basis but I am too afraid to, because I might mess up or damage my clothes. So I am struggling to justify it.
>>
>>9158904
Just buy it. I have 26 main pieces and feel like it's not even close to enough. If it makes you happy that's enough reason.
>>
>>9158834
You don't look awkward at all compared to far right. Wtf is she wearing? Is her ass even covered
>>
>>9157914
I fucking love this print. So. Much.
Can't fucking handle it. All it needs is a rocket and this would be my dream dress in any cut

Wonder how hard it will be to get? Also how bad do unpopular AP prints from the past couple years depreciate if you they don't fit and you sell immediately after receipt
>>
>>9158834
5'9? Are the girls in your comm just really short?
I mean you're tall, but not absurdly giant.

My only critique would be that I feel that wig is too "big" for your face. The socks as utks look cute
>>
>>9158916
She's 6'2, and not OP.
>>
>>9158891

>>9158891

That doesn't sound too bad, then. I was picturing a complete disaster from the way you wrote the first comment. Though it does sound rather random as to what looks good and what doesn't. If you have the time, I'd still suggest going through your wardrobe anyway, see if you can identify any patterns in what looks good, and what are the dresses that fit, but you have to work around.

One trick I use is to go back and look at the stock photos, almost all brands use the same size dress form to display their dresses on. See if there's a pattern to the way the dresses that look good on you sit on the dress form, for eg, if a dress has its waistline around the hips of the dress form, then the waistline is probably low enough for me. On the other hand, if the waistline is snug against the underbust of the dress form and looks to be unmoveable, it'll probably hit me across the bust rather than under.

If it's just the way you make floordinates that don't translate to worn photos, I think you just need to get used to thinking about how some dresses will sit on you. Floordinates are generally good for only colour and themes anyway, which is why you need to start with a wardrobe of things that look good on you without modification, it doesn't take into account whether a dress will sit too high or a skirt will sit too low, things like that.

As an aside, Mary Magdalene's Perfume bottle jsk has back shirring, if that interests you.
>>
>>9158846
Thank you!! You're not overweight for your height so you shouldn't worry about that anyway. I think a lot of the problem of being tall is just self-image from being outside the normal. If you play around with pictures on your own with a tripod and get higher up angles you might see yourself differently.
>>9158872
Hi fellow comm member! thanks for the self esteem boost.

>>9158891
That's VM? it looks beautiful on you! I always just assumed nothing from VM or MM would ever fit me, I'm going to look closer now.

>>9158916
182 cm is a little under 6 feet. I think most of the girls in my comm are about 5'0" to 5'6". I've been experimenting putting wigs into up-dos because I see that too, not sure if it's the right solution though.
>>
>>9158931
Thank you so much, those are all very interesting tips I haven't tried yet. Especially the mannekin idea, I'll def look into that. I don't really like perfume bottle, sorry! But I'd give up my firstborn to be able to fit into Lace Up Doll, Mille Rose, Albertine OP, Angelica OP, Marie Antoinette, Elmeria, Fairy Doll, Bertille and many more, but alas.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (78KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
78KB, 700x933px
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alice-in-Wonderland-Pattern-Lolita-Girls-JSK-Suspender-Dress-Sleeveless-Dress-/301984124913?var=&hash=item464fa80ff1:m:mFdDByyS6TpA7Yus8wNZNyA

Does anyone know if this is worth buying? Also quick To Alice review? (is quality disgusting or no)
>>
>>9158947
Thank you, you're so sweet. Yes, it's called Rose Flocky. I still have to hunt it down in it's other colorways, it's so beautiful in person. I'd really recommend it.
I'm actually pretty camera shy because I feel I never look good in Pictures, I also slouch terribly. I live in south america, everyone is tiny here. But I'll tell my SO to play around with higher angles next time! Hope it works :)
>>
>>9158953
I don't know about this specific dress, though for some reason it looks like an AP ripoff to me, but I'm not sure. However, I own a seifuku from To Alice and I really love it. I don't know much about fabric or anything, but it's thick, feels well-made and sturdy? And the sewing itself is really quality. Definitely ordering from them again
>>
>>9158968
Yeah i immediately thought it was a replica, it is similar to an AP print called glass bottle of tears (which is alice in wonderland themed) but i'm sort of under the impression To Alice dont really make replicas?

Correct me if i'm wrong though .-.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 535x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 535x275px
>>9158968
>>9158973
They're both Alice-themed but the similarities end there
>>
File: Lolwut.jpg (90KB, 1030x468px) Image search: [Google]
Lolwut.jpg
90KB, 1030x468px
Is she fuckin serious?
http://egl.lacemarket.us/auctions/cats-tea-party-set-pink
>>
>>9158986
What's another grand. Who cares.
>>
>>9158986
That's one of the most highly sought after dresses in the most popular colorway. That price is not surprising at all. Welcome to Lolita.
>>
>>9158996
>not knowing LMs favorite scalper

Ironic you call someone new.
>>
>>9158998
MTE
>>
>>9158986

>wahhh wahh my dream dress is too expensive!

get over it jfc. Its a hugely sought after release and it will very likely never be remade.
>>
>>9158986
I literally never understood why this was so popular. I remember when it came out and everyone had to have it and show off. It was ugly then and it's still ugly. Those cats are so freaky looking
>>
>>9159017
I hate it and I love you for voicing your opinion on it. I always here people fawning over it but I wouldn't wear it if you paid me to.
>>
>>9159017

I find it ok

i'd wear it if it was like $150
>>
>>9159017

Honestly, I think it's one of the dresses that came out right before the Chinese lolitas invasion, and both this a few other dresses got their price hike simply because Chinese lolitas were all fighting over some few handful of prints that apparently they all competed to have. The others seem to be AatP Gloria and Bride of Death.

The only difference is that CTP was MTO and had a retail of about $400-500 anyway, so when the bidwars went crazy the price easily broached the four-digit mark, rather than staying just below. When you think about it, $1000 is "only" twice the retail of the dress, but it's nearly three times the price of Gloria or Bride of Death.

And then after that the whole thing started taking on hype simply for being one of the dresses since Iron Gate to hit the four-digit mark, which I guess just kind of made some of the less rational lolitas want it solely because apparently other girls want it that much.
>>
>>9158950

Glad you found some use out of the tips at least. If you're into florals, Arabesque Rose (also MM) sounds like it might be more to your taste. The navy is on my wishlist, but it seems a little bit hard to find.
>>
File: saltdress.jpg (27KB, 243x328px) Image search: [Google]
saltdress.jpg
27KB, 243x328px
An artist left a black dress in the dead sea for two years, turning it into salt. I couldn't resist making pic related.

Have fun with it.
>>
>>9159103
New dream dress.
>>
Guess what, seagulls. I opened a dispute today following your advices and that's what really happened.

>>9158867
You were right. The item has returned to the seller three days before she told me she would send me another one. But she didn't sent me the second one or even the first one - during the PayPal conversation she just told me that she forgot to do so because she caught up by getting oh so many e-mails. I'm really at a loss of any words. Thanks for everybody who helped me out, opening a dispute was the only right thing to do.
>>
>>9159121
thanks to*
>>
>>9159004
Bitch it's not even on my whishlist LMAO

>>9159044
Intresting, thanks for sharing!
>>
What type of petticoat would look best with a sack style dress? I'm heavily leaning A-line?
>>
>>9159121
Wow, that's beyond the pale. Glad you're getting your money back, but I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience.
>>
>>9159121
Who is this seller? So that I could avoid shopping from them.
>>
>>9159270
Can't tell you now because I think you might want to see some proofs, and the dispute is still running with a great chance of it being escalated to a claim, but I promise I'll bring it up here as soon as I get my money back.
>>
>>9159265
A line but not too poofy
>>
>>9159265
A slim a line that's not too stiff
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 720x960px
"I think we used too many crosses this year, boss"
"Well what else can we use?"
"No one's used the Star of David yet"
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 720x960px
>>9159438
I take that back, it appears to have a huge whopping cross on the front of the JSK version
>>
>>9159438
>>9159443
>>9159443
There are crosses in the print too. I don't know if you're dumb or what your problem is, but it seems to have a lot of different religious symbols in it.
>>
>>9158834
Hello, fellow comm member (and other comm member in this thread)! Your coords are always incredible!
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 425x404px
>>9159449
>>
>>9158834
Random but what place are you in front of? It's cute.
>>
>>9159443
>>9159438
>SHUT UP ANON YOU CAN JUST MAKE NEW THREAD FOR NEW RELEASES IT WILL TOTES WORK WATCH
>people still comment about upcoming releases in the gen

>>9158225
>>9158251
>>
Would it be frowned upon to take a non-lolita friend to a meet if you had her borrow your clothes?
>>
>>9159471
>XD XD XD AP and their crosses am I rite? :3

We just had this discussion. Stop shitposting about AP releases like this.
>>
>>9158749
>>9158762
wow. I guess I deleted this email and forgot?
Here's an email that isn't deleted. fml.
>>
>>9159477
I don't think so, just make sure to ask the host first.
>>
>>9159103
Nice work, gull.

>>9159474
You could literally just post a link to the new release thread. Here, I'll do it for you. >>9158241

Sometimes it takes a while for new ideas or threads to catch on here on cgl. Doesnt mean it will never work. But shot posting doesn't really help. Imagine that!
>>
>>9159477
If she's wearing the fashion it would be fine, at least in my community.
>>
>>9159438
I don't mind wearing religious symbols, but what I hate about this is that it's so random it just seems lazy. For the price I would expect the designers to put some thought in the print.
>>
>>9159574
It sort of looks like a Halloween-ish print to me. I don't think it's random.
>>
>>9159579
If they are not random, how do all the symbols relate to each other?
>>
>>9159586
Religious themes. it looks like a very witch/occult inspired dress to me. Especially with the added stars in the background of the print.
>>
>>9158834
honestly, from one tall girl to another, stand up with your back straight in photos, you'll look less like a sore thumb. You look great though, love the colour coordination, it works really well.
>>
>>9159025
same. Plus the dresses that are in circulation are probably a little bit mangy just because of general age by now, considering it's fairly old by sweet standards.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 500x351px
>>9159596
>2012
>old by sweet standard
>>
>>9159599
Hey, my comm is flooded with nouveau sweet lolitas who think 2014 is ages ago
but general wear and existence probably means that dresses are going to be in non-perfect condition.
>>
>>9159607
Just because new lolitas who have an IQ of room temperature think 2014 is forever ago doesn't mean 2012 is old for sweet.
>>
>>9159607
When I first started like a year and a half ago, I was crazy about older dresses... but now a days I'm kind of just looking to buy second hand only and not like, third or fourth or dresses that have been in a closet for like 5+ years.
I have some normie clothing that has held up 5+ years but its still not the same as when it was new.
>>
>>9159567
Nah. It doesn't work. This same shit happened through all the Holy Lantern releases too.
You're too hopeful & positive for this board.
>>
>>9159589
Random religious and non-religious symbols. If they were going for a witch or occult inspired dress, surely they would have just used witch or occult symbols.
>>
>>9158986
This dress recently went for $3500 and hasn't been below a grand in years, anon. You people need to look up how much things go for before freaking out about it here and exposing your newfag levels.
>>9158998
Scalper listing it or not, it doesn't change the fact that they're selling it at its going rate.
>>
>>9159665
>sold to someone with 0 feedback and joined LM 21 hours ago
Yeah, anon, that's totally the going rate at 3.5k
>>
>>9159691
I never said that was the going rate, just that it sold for that high. The going rate is $1500+.
>>
>>9159695
You implied it added something to the conversation. Which it doesn't at this point.
>>
>>9159663
Anything can be occult, anon
>>
>>9159663
Are you blind? Have you not seen anything Japan has put out that is "witch" themed ever?
>>
>>9159656
Yeah, there's always going to be that worn feel if you're getting a dress that's a while old. I've only bought one thing second hand and it just doesn't feel as nice as it could.
>>
>>9158834
5"3 here you look really pretty and wear lolita so well!
Also you are so skinny
Would date.
>>
File: e2346558906543.jpg (68KB, 605x479px) Image search: [Google]
e2346558906543.jpg
68KB, 605x479px
Anyone score a lucky pack recently? Any brand will do. I love hearing about lucky pack contents. Especially curious about the AP ones.
>>
>>9159810
I'll make a blog post when mine arrives. I ordered online, it's my first lucky pack!
>>
My-lolita-dress
we all know they're a legitimate reseller, but i'd like to ask- are they being reasonable with their prices? Is it a waste of money to use their services compared to another seller? Do they package items in a way that protects from rain and from crushed purses?
>>
>>9159853
Lurk more newfag.
>>
File: Baby_LP.jpg (779KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_LP.jpg
779KB, 1440x1280px
>>9159810
I recently got a Baby/Pirates lucky pack.

Overall great! Love the blouse! I was really surprised by how much I liked the Alice themed dress once I put it on. The pirates dress however doesn't suit me. I'm willing to trade it if anyone is interested. (Also posted it in the B/S/T thread.)
>>
>>9159853
Yes, they are way over priced. Only use it if you're a normie still and afraid of buying from asian sites.
>>
File: mystery loli.jpg (200KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
mystery loli.jpg
200KB, 1024x1365px
a friend of mine who is not a lolita thrifted this dress and asked if i could pricecheck it, but i have no idea what this print is it looks like it could be baby or meta, maybe even older ap
lolitbrary is down so i couldnt fiddle around with that so i figured no harm in asking cgl
also the cut seems nice to me and the lace isnt ap fancy lace but it looks nice so i can't tell if it is a knockoff or not, the dress has no tag of any sort and no shirring
>>
>>9159853
learn2taobao
>>
>>9159875
also sorry if this isnt the right thread to post this kind of thing in i didnt see a like print identification thread and figured a simple question wasnt deserving of a new thread
>>
>>9159867
nice gets! i love the alice dress, let us know if you decide to sell it?
>>
>>9159875
That doesn't look like brand to me. Is there a tag?
>>
>>9159881
I would prefer to sell it. You can shoot me an email anon.
>>
>>9159884
no, i figured it wasnt but it could potentially but a bit older brand
>>
>>9158986
That's Hervia, anon. A scalper known for jacking up prices. If you don't like it don't buy from her. Problem solved.
>>
>>9159884
>>9159889
also my friend doesnt want to keep it if it is a knockoff but likes it enough just as a taobao dress
>>
>>9159867
when did they come out with the alice? It's gorgeous.
>>
>>9159875
It's def not burando, maybe Bodyline or some Taobao brand
>>
>>9159875
It looks more like something from an otome brand than a lolita jsk. Especially considering the skirt width.
>>
>>9159853
I'm definitely in the minority but I don't think their prices are terrible. This mostly has to do with the way that I shop though.
I don't do large orders for things like I've noticed a lot of people do, I buy pretty much one item at a time.
The few times I've ordered from taobao with a single item purchase, it ended up being slightly more expensive than it would have been if I'd ordered from a reseller. (After all the fees)
>>
>>9159903
I'm not sure, I don't remember the Alice print myself. I think because of copyright law they were never sold outside of japan. It was just luck that I happened to get it in my LP.
>>
>>9159954
then yr not using a good shopping service, any shitty western taobao reseller is doing the same thing you could do on your own if you did more research and they are making a business out of it they are making money off of you and you are paying more than you need to
>>
>>9159449
it's just the fact that lolita brands have exhausted the fuck out of the crosses motif
>>
>>9159875
It's possible it's a dress from Bonne Chance Collections, I own a dress from them in a different cut with the same fabric, but they may have reused it in a different cut. Otherwise, I've seen that fabric around Taobao so maybe somebody just bought it and made something out of it.
>>
>>9159700
Just because the buyer just joined LM doesn't mean the sale is destined to fall through
>>
>>9159438
This reminds me of that one Moitie print where they accidentally used the Star of David when they meant to use a pentagram
>>
>>9160095
menhera uses the "star of david" heavily. I assume its because that symbol means something different over there.
>>
>>9160051
It's funny you say that.

I bought a dress from Bonne Chance Collections that has the same print as an Emily Temple Cute dress. This one: http://egl.lacemarket.us/auctions/emily-temple-cute-rose-cat-print-onepiece-blue-dots

I didn't even know until I came across the ETC dress months later.

OT but I just found it really strange.
>>
>>9159956
Different anon, but even with the taobao thread I am so lost in the process. Spreadsheets with pros and cons of services, taobao shops always seeming to be doing reserves/sold out, having to translate yet still not understanding a single thing on their sites...
>Yes I'm a little bitch, someone please hold my hand through this
>>
>>9159956
Whoa there anon....someone's getting a little worked up.
There's nothing wrong with making a business out of convenience.
I'm well aware I could be saving money if I did large taobao orders (or just large orders in general to save on shipping)
But that's just not how I tend to shop. All I said was that the 3 or 4 times I've ordered directly from taobao, I've been hit with a ton of fees I wasn't expecting so it ended up being more expensive in the end.

Yes you can save money by doing large taobao orders, but I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks for the convenience of shopping the way I want to. (Plus you get your items faster in my experience)
>>
>>9159610
>IQ of room temperature

Why do you keep reusing this insult? You've said it like four times now in this thread which makes your IQ look less than ~room temperature~.
>>
>>9160146

I have 3m of some btssb fabric I bought off yja years ago. It's a pretty old print, I don't think taobao ever replicated it, plus I have the original dress and the fabric feels exactly the same (it's thick cotton twill, replicas never seem to get that one right).

Apparently brands used to sell their surplus fabric (instead of making lucky pack dresses out of them like now), and some of it would end up in random places, like 3 metres ending up on yja or maybe a whole roll in some random fabric shop. My guess is ETC also does the same and this company bought the fabric not knowing it's another brand's surplus and made dresses out of them.
>>
>>9160177
Your newfag is showing.
>>
>>9160176

I think the other anon means to say that even for a small, one-item order you should end up paying less than mld, so maybe look into using a different shopping service, or a forwarding service. I can't really say how true this is, though. I usually use the opportunity of a taobao order to throw in some cute stationery or random little things, so I've never shipped one dress on its own.
>>
>>9160171
I'm feeling generous and would be willing to hold your hand through it but I only use one SS so it would only be through that. Drop an email, tumblr, or post in the taobao thread and I'll spoonfeed you
>>
>>9159853
Price aside, you're also frequently limited to what she decides to sell which tends to be from only certain taobao brands.Why limit yourself?
>>
>>9160208
neat.jpg
>>
File: 20160827_194317png.png (921KB, 1066x1242px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_194317png.png
921KB, 1066x1242px
Saw this on Instagram. Can't help but wonder what happened.
>>
>>9160146
Pretty weird considering this print is a collaboration between ETC and Yuko Higuchi. I've seen the fox in the snow fabric as well but that print wasn't originally by ETC I think
>>
>>9160135
There's the kagome crest but it doesn't make the AP print make more sense
>>
>>9160476
Dunno but it looks like she may be altering the hem on some of the items for a different look or to accommodate her own frame?
>>
Does anyone know what the text on this skirt says? http://juliette-et-justine.com/products/detail.php?product_id=1085
>>
>>9160476
I think someone is hemming their dresses. They must be very short. They could make some nice matching bows with what's left over though.
>>
>>9160494
Sounds like they just enjoy abusing the symbol.
Westerners need to get over it.
>>
>>9157914
Just bought it in blue, love this
>>
>>9160891
From what I can see, it's from the first chapter of Natsume Soseki's Kusamakura. There's a free ebook of the translation on archive . org if you search the title.
>>
>>9160891
that waist looks really wonky, i wish they had a jsk version instead.. urgh
>>
>>9161420
I know, Ophelia is easily my favorite Waterhouse painting but I'm not a fan of skirts
>>
>>9159477
If she's dressed up, they have literally no logical reason to reject her.
>>
>>9161078
which cut?
I was disappointed there wasn't shirring on the pleated JSK.
>>
Does AP transactions on your card show up as Paygent when pending?
>>
>>9161555
Yes.
>>
>>9159477
Probably depends on the comm. Whenever we have +1's at our comm, the +1 always makes an attempt to dress nice, even if it's not in lolita. I think that's kind of the expectation.
>>
Secrets.
>>
>>9161595
Okay thanks!
>>
>>9159477
It can be a bit awkward if they don't know anything about the culture. I brought a normie classmate to our last meet, dressed her up real nice from my wardrobe (she looked better than 90% of my comm who were long time lolitas). She had come over and seen my wardrobe and was gushing about how cute everything was. However she was so rude and oblivious to everyone else there. She's not normally like that. But for some reason she felt all entitled, sat taking selfies the entire time during the tea, ignored everyone when I tried to help them connect and make conversation. Then asked really stupid questions like "oh does this event happen often?" "what do you guys do for a living?". After we parted ways with the main group, she started shit-talking them. Like bitch, everything you're wearing belongs to me, and I dressed you. Where the fuck is this sense of entitlement coming from?

She's alright usually. But I'm not taking her to another meet again. She also asked to buy my dress (rare, was NWT before I lent it to her). I obviously said no.

>TL;DR
>nice normie friend turns into raging narcissistic bitch when I dressed her up and took her to a meet
>>
>>9159044
Sorry but CTP is not popular at all in China.

>Aatp Gloria
>That Baby green/pink tea time dress
>Elizabeth Bride of Death
>That Kuragehime dress
>That ugly black sack random crosses Baby collab that just got rereleased
>Also the accompanying pink/white dress that also got rereleased
>A few Baby teaparty monstrosities
>AP's Gloria

These regularly go for over 2000usd. The teaparty dresses that retail for over 2000 go for 3000 or so.

A few that used to be god-mode but have since died due to rerelease:
>Holy Lantern
>Chocolate Rosette
>Misty Sky
>Baby's secret garden print
>>
>>9161768
When was secret garden rereleased?
>>
>>9161802
recently at the tokyo store, check LU for more details
>>
>>9161768
Are there any other dresses that aren't Baby that are popular, or is that the extensive list? That's crazy because the west creams themselves so much over AP that I would have thought there'd be more than one AP dress in that list.
>>
What is the best way to wash a print dress or find out if it is going to run?
I have only a few print dresses, one by IW and one Meta. I am scared to wash them. I can't use dry clean chemicals. I have print waist ties of the meta one but IW dress has none.
>>
>>9162107
Pick a hidden spot in the dress (on the waist ties or somewhere on the back of the bodice or the skirt) and gently rub the print with a wet cloth to see if it'll bleed. Keep in mind it depends on the colors in the print as well since some are more prone to bleeding; shades of red are the most troublesome as far as I know.
>>
Does anyone ever want to buy the accessories for dresses they can't afford yet but will buy in the future?
>>
>>9157914
Finally, the perfect print for Star Trek coords
>>
>>9162144
I have done this with almost every dress that i fell in love with but was unable to buy due to funds/blood bath sellouts. I always eventually found the dress. I think it's easier to find mainpeices second hand than accessories.
>>
>>9162144
I do this all the time. I collected pancake-related things for Honey Cake for months before I bought it and I've been collecting fawn-themed things with the intention of pairing them with Lotta whenever I snag it for a great price for a few years now.
>>
>>9162166
Define great price? I'll admit I'm not sure how much it usually goes for so it might be grossly overpriced but there's a NWT Lotta JSK on Mercari that might interest you: https://item.mercari.com/jp/m785522181/
>>
>>9162147
Does anyone have a wallpaper version of this print? Preferably in ivory. It's one of those things I will probably never get because it's not my style but I adore the print.
>>
How long does it usually take IW to invoice for reservation items?
>>
>>9162269
Usually not very long but they might take a while now. There's a notice on their News page that states that Fujiwara and Lyrico (one of the staff members, I believe) will be leaving for San Japan and there won't be any invoicing, payment confirmations nor shipping until they return on September 8th.
If you don't get your invoice by August 31st, you'll have to wait until September.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472054897241.jpg (271KB, 1181x1223px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472054897241.jpg
271KB, 1181x1223px
>>9162147
>>
>>9162182
Sorry, >>9162296 was for you
>>
File: DFKYHfO.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DFKYHfO.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
After lurking online for years I've finally bought my first dress. It's lovely but holy fuck how do you people iron these things!? I've had to refill the water in my iron twice and the wrinkles from shipping still won't budge. And the ruffles? Jesus Christ how does anyone wear this shit everyday?
>>
>>9162311
Hang it up and steam it, then iron out the stubborn parts. Also how did they pack the dress that the wrinkles got so bad? Usually my dresses are ready to wear after one light round of steaming.
>>
>>9162315
It's an old school dress and I think it's been in storage for a long time. I'll try that, if it doesn't work I think I'll wash it again and try ironing them out while it's still a bit damp. The ruffles are still difficult to work with at all
>>
>>9162311
Seconding the first anon, use a steamer

But on a day to day basis I don't normally have to iron or steam my dresses at all. They're mostly polyester and don't wrinkle that much, although I have one or two dresses that will wrinkle if you look at them and I've just kind of accepted that by wearing them, I'm just going to be wrinkly. What dress did you get?
>>
>>9162311

For really stubborn winkles, toss it in the wash for a bit. Full water immersion will relax the fibres better than steam from your iron. Spread it out as taut as you can to dry, ie, clothespin it in all directions to the sides of your hanging pole, a second hanging line, an extra chair weighed down with bricks/books, whatever. If you grab it before it's completely dry and new wrinkles have set in, you'll also be able to iron it more easily.

While ironing, remember that the water is to relax the fibres, the iron to pull it flat. Don't rub your iron back and forth over a wrinkle and expect it to dissappear, spray it with water or steam first, the wrinkle should soften. Then iron over it to smooth out the fabric.Cotton needs the highest setting to get really wrinkle-free, but watch out for tulle lace (high iron heat will melt tulle lace)

The pain is when you hang these dresses up for storage, pull it out to wear to a meetup, and have to iron it all over again because new wrinkles have set in. At least now you understand why girls who end up in the nitpick/ita thread often have unironed dresses.

If the ironing really bothers you, you can aim for polyester fabric, which doesn't require ironing, or look for baniran weave (Baby and aatp use this a lot).
>>
>>9162319
Remember not to straighten them. Usually it also helps when you wash the dress and dry it in a way it don't wrinkle. Then iron the rest. If it's old school it's hevier fabric so it should work.
>>
>>9162324
>iron it all over again because new wrinkles have set in
i feel so guilty, but i honestly do not iron anything unless it's for an event or i'm shipping it to someone.

i do steam-clean all my clothes though, so maybe it balances out. the fun part is explaining to people why i need my entire sunday evening free for laundry
>>
File: IMG_20160828_135845722.jpg (908KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_135845722.jpg
908KB, 1456x2592px
>>9162320
I can't find any info on it so I have no idea, all I know is that it's old AatP
Sorry for the shit pic, all the lace detailing has roses and the cotton is really thick and heavy. If anyone knows anything about it I'd be grateful
>>
File: IMG_20160828_140842075_HDR.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_140842075_HDR.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>9162351
More info:
>The sleeves and waist ties are detachable and it has a neck tie/jabot with it
Here's the collar detail
>>
Does anyone know if the pink from melty whip chocolate matches the pink from melty royal chocolate?
>>
>>9162135
>shades of red are the most troublesome as far as I know
And of course both of my dresses have red in them...
If it doesn't bleed in a small area is there a high likelihood that a different part of the print might bleed?
>>
>>9162341

I try to avoid ironing as much as I can as well. Sometimes there's no helping that one cotton dress that got squished to the back of the closet though.

Can I ask about your steam cleaning? Is it handheld/washing machine, does it remove stains, is it in any way a decent replacement for dry cleaning? Do any of your clothes get water cleaning, or just steam all the way? Kinda curious since the internet seems to be giving me lots of conflicting info.
>>
File: 2016-08-27 15.57.51.jpg (464KB, 941x770px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-27 15.57.51.jpg
464KB, 941x770px
Related, I just bought a steamer a couple days ago to help realign lace and ruffles on my stuff but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do I steam them then hold them until they dry in the right position? On dresses it's fabric ruffles though.
Pic related, see how the lace wants to go the wrong way.
>>
>>9162509
Also, bustles made from thin cotton can go and fuck themselves. Pain in the ass to iron, looks like shit wrinkled. Iron the motherfucker and sit once. All hard work going to waste. I hate it with passion and don't wear those dresses often. Honestly, they just look so shit when they wrinkle.
>>
How do I tell AP they've charged me twice? The payments are still pending but I've only bought from them, and the charges are different amounts so I think they might have accidentally charged me for someone else's order too.
>>
>>9163520
Email them? Screen shot your order history and screen shot the charges from them on your card.
>>
>>9163520
I wouldn't worry about it until it's been posted. Since it is still pending, most likely it will be cleared up within a way or two and won't show for another month when it's posted.
>>
>>9161761
Dear god this sounds like my friend. She is interested in the fashion but would act the same way.
>>
>>9161761
>what do you guys do for a living?
Is this a bad question to ask when you first meet someone?
>>
Old school dress anon again, looking to invest in a good petti. My current off-brand one is just squashed by the heavy fabric. I've heard mixed things about Malco Modes 582, that it's either great or way too stiff. Do any gulls have a Malco Modes and can weigh in?
>>
>>9163849
It's usually considered gauche to ask people you aren't close to about personal finances.
>>
>>9161761
This is my worst fear. I seem to be okay with pushing my friend into ouji instead. That way she doesn't get attached to whatever dress I have. Thankfully she doesn't normal care about feminine clothing and wants to dress more masculine most of the time.
>>
>>9163857
That's weird. I feel like most people I meet talk about their jobs unless they're in school -- then they just try to avoid talking about school because it's what everyone asks them about.
>>
>>9163867
Did they bring up their jobs themselves or did someone else ask them though? If someone brings it up themselves it's fine because that means they're comfortable sharing that information. But if someone is asked, they're put in a position where they have answer whether or not they want to divulge that information.
>>
>>9163857
>>9163849
I wouldn't phrase it like that because it comes off as kinda rude and can make people feel awkward if they're not working for whatever reason (school, health, etc.)
I usually say something more general like "are you still at school/studying/college" or wait until someone has a work story and then ask them what they do/where they work, making it less about "how much do you make/where do you get your money from" and more about generally getting know a bit more about what they do, so it isn't so much a personal finances question.
>>
>>9163520

I got a double charge notification as well, but haven't been able to verify it with my bank yet. The difference of my two transactions is exactly USD4.49, or 450 yen, which is what AP normally charges for shipping, but last weekend they were offering free shipping.

My guess is that they couldn't figure out how to make their system only charge the lower amount, so maybe they put the default charge with shipping through first, cancelled that, then charged the lower amount, maybe using some sort of automated script to get around whatever issues they have with their server.

I'd like to call my bank up as soon as they're open to verify how much really went through, gonna suggest you do the same as well. Even if the charges have not gone through, ask the bank to tell you how much of your funds is on hold for AP. At least you'll be able to verify whether one charge was already cancelled or not before you email AP.
>>
>>9161969
No, all the god-mode dresses left are Baby and Aatp. idk why. And it's mostly non-print teaparty items too.
>>
>>9163849
>>9163857
>>9163867
It was weird and awkward because my friend hadn't engaged at all for about 20 minutes and that was like the first thing out of her mouth. It was a small meet, 4-6 people sitting at 1 table. And she was just selfieing the whole damn time. By herself. Oh with my selfie cam too. I was trying to get her to become interested in the culture, have the other girls initiate her about styles and brands etc. But all she wanted to do was take photos of herself, and when she did talk it was random super normie shit and didn't even bother to remember the other girls' names even when I introduced them.

The effect would have been the same if she'd asked where the bathroom was. She didn't care about talking to the others in the comm.

>>9163790
Yea, it's difficult to get normies out of the mindset that it's a costume. All she wanted to do was get photos. Then she got butthurt when photogs and other lolitas wanted my photo and not hers. Afterwards she bugged me for days as to why none of the photos people had taken of her showed up on the facebook event page.

>>9163864
I just told her no. She's sorta gone off it now though. That day she was gushing about how she was going to buy a dress and blah blah blah. Still has a lolita selfie for her profile pic. Just wants to feel special snowflake I guess.
>>
>>9163856
Fuck I just saw the petticoat thread, ignore this
>>
What CAN you ask about when you go to a meet-up for the first time? The fact that people find it rude to ask about what you do for a living is scaring me a bit.

>>9163875
>are you still at school/studying/college
From what I've seen most of the girls in my comm are between 20-35 so this would be awkward to ask as well.
>>
>>9163900
It's fairly normal to ask what people do for a living. I think it's just in the lolita hobby, people tend to be neets and find such a question offensive.
>>
>>9163875
You could also ask something like "how often do you wear lolita, and how does your environment react" which should get them talking about what they do on a daily basis.
>>
>>9163900
It's fine to ask that. I don't know why people here are acting like it's taboo. It's an opener on getting to know people.
>>
>>9161768

>no Cats Tea Party
>no Cinema Doll in this list either

well, fuck.

(welcome back, btw)
>>
>>9163925
I think in context it was more like anon's friend wasn't really participating in the conversation, and just blurted it out. If you're meeting someone for the first time it seems like an okay thing to ask. However, I can see how if it were coming from a person who's not actually a lolita and abruptly drops that line in the middle of an unrelated conversation, it comes off as really judgey. Like, "what you YOU GUYS even do for a living?"
>>
>>9163905
>>9163925
It's like >>9164145 said, acting like a bitch will make any question rude. Generally the people asking do it either right when they meet you or after they find out what you're wearing/how much it costs have the same mindset as the anons that try to imply everyone who isn't broke is a prostitute/living off of daddy's money. Normies also like to assume no one who dresses like this could never have job and try to shame you for it.

If it's in context and it's with someone you're actually friendly with then it's no different than any other somewhat personal question.
>>
>>9161768
What sites do Chinese lolitas buy from? I'm always so curious about their secondhand market. As many of them as there are it can't just be through private sales.
>>
Stupid question that's been probably answered a lot. I bought a blouse second hand (baby brand) from closet child and it's huge. I have the SF Japan earthquake lucky pack in L long sleeve but this is a short sleeve and feels much bigger. It doesn't have the hearts Denoting size Either. Did baby make size L or XL short sleeve Peter Pan blouses? Was this blouse possibly also a lucky pack item or do they normally/sometimes make an L or XL size.
>>
>>9163900
The words 'for a living' is what throws me off, since it's more obvious their question is pointed to how much money you make. Asking what they do 'are you still studying, or do you work' is more general and casual.

At your first meet though it's better to ask Lolita-related questions about them, like what style they like and what their dream dresses are or their opinions on new releases.
>>
My boyfriend and I want to save up for an out of state con next year, but the biggest factor for me is which consists have the biggest best lolita tea parties?
>>
>>9164345
Lurk more newfag.
>>
Anyone get an ap usa lucky pack last week? Mine arrived today and I'm wondering what everyone else got!
>>
>>9164345
Ask someone in the largest city near you what their best tea party is, don't bother getting hyped up, most con tea parties are shit unless they're brand tea parties
>>9164356
If she lurks enough, she won't want to go to any of them. You guys will bitch about anything
>>
>>9164376
>tells a newfag to lurk more
>literally the best advice to give a newfag
>hurr ur such a bitch stop complaining!!
>le /cgl/ bitches meme am I rite? X3
>>
>>9164366
Didn't get one but curious to see what's inside. Photos/details please?
>>
>>9164366
Seconding photos!
>>
>>9164379
See how you're bitching right now?
>>
File: Photo_2016-08-29_10-54-30_PM.png (4MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-08-29_10-54-30_PM.png
4MB, 1936x1936px
>>9164406
>>9164418
This is what I got. I actually can coord both dresses, although I'm a bit of a fatty chan and can't wear the Dolly Marine JSK at the moment.
>>
>>9164453
Oh my gosh, that's a super cute haul!

Are you willing to part with any of them? I'm interested in those socks, if they're OTKs!
>>
>>9164215
Taobao 2nd
>>
>>9164356
>>9164376
Ok. Not a newfag. Let me rephrase that. All the Cons in my state suck. Which con in your opinion has the best tea parties? Please answer if you regularly go to out of state cons and actually know the difference between your shitty home town von tea party and other high profile con tea parties. I haven't been to many tea parties out of state so I'd like to know in a traveling lolitas opinion which ones are the most worth going to. Out of that list I'd like to give my bf the option of which von we should save up to hit up next
>>
>>9164453
Wow, I'd totally wear everything besides the socks. How much was the lucky pack?
>>
>>9164459
I might be willing to part with the socks, what were you thinking? They are OTKs. I'm undecided on Dolly Marine, and everything else is a keeper for now.

>>9164465
It was $280 shipped.
>>
>>9164471
I was thinking $25? Here's my email!
>>
>>9164471
If you don't want dolly marine, I'll take it!
Here's my email.
>>
>>9163905
it might be more normal for some places than others.

for discussions about etiquette it would be helpful to know where exactly each anon is from. i live in New England (USA), and a lolita from down south was surprised at how often work comes up as a topic of conversation around here. between the Puritan work ethic of New England and the influence of bold/brash New Yorkers, small talk can feel like getting grilled by a licensed investigator.
>>
>>9164522
First of all the way you word stuff is weird. Second of all, what goes on at work is such a common thing for friends to talk about. It's just casual "how was your day"-style conversation. I think people are looking way too deep into this.
>>
>>9164529
>I've never experienced it, so other anons must be imagining things.

https://interculturalmeanderings.wordpress.com/tag/why-is-it-rude-to-ask-british-and-europeans-what-sort-of-job-or-occupation-they-have/

i would be willing to bet there are a number of Brits and Europeans who are just fine discussing work. as i said, even in the US attitudes about it vary between regions.
>>
>>9164022
CD is rare but not so popular. Lemme explain to you the ways a dress goes godmode in China.

>prerelease images
>omg its gorg.
>everyone floods to SSs
>SSs charge high
>perceived value goes up
>after release lots of crying bitching scalping
>2 years later no1curr
see: Milky Cross, Castle Mirage, 1st release shadow dream carnival, Holy Lantern. Happens more with AP bcuz other brands tend to rerelease and preorder more. Rereleases will kill the value fast.

>prerelease, lukewarm reception, may even go to sale
>some girl/e famous or not/ coords it super well
>instant demand
>price spikes
see: Celestial dress, Meta's wa red and white first release, Baby's Blooming
Price dies slower.

>rare expensive MTO teaparty dress
>ugg expensive no1curr
>1-2 years after rerelease
>fuerdai posts wtb for ridiculous price
or
>fuerdai buys it on y!A for ridiculous price
>everyone freaks out
>perceived value skyrockets
>but not many actually trading at that price
see: Kuragehime, and the current Baby rerelease Nakamura collabs.
>>
>>9164215
tieba.baidu.com search for the forums lolita买卖 没米肿么办

On weibo, there are a few accounts that act as a trading hub. lolita中转站 没米肿么办 lolita出物 some have specific niches (like Chinese brands only) to.make perusing easier.

2nd.taobao.com is the 2nd hand sales site. Pages are auctions like y!A but theres less than on the other two. Most people make sales posts on weibo and tieba first, then open an auction page for the actual transaction. You usually have to know the Chinese nickname for the dresses to search, as well as some slang lingo.
>>
>>9164546

I'm just super bummed neither CTP nor CD will ever get a re-release without it being super popular in China. Thanks for both explanations though, it's interesting to read and explains why very random things will randomly experience a price hike (and sometimes an equally rapid price drop).

TQ for the info about secondhand sales pages as well. Gonna look through it later when I have the time, gonna see if I can find any Krad Lanrete secondhand there.
>>
>>9164553
Can I ask how chinese shopping services work? At the releases lines all the chinese girls seem to know each other. Are they all working for a shopping service? are they different shopping services? Or are they just regular friends looking to buy? I've always wandered.
>>
>>9164796
Since releases are limited to 1 per person, the shopping services operate in groups so they can buy as much as possible.
>>
How do you know when brands release their new collection? Do you just have to stalk their blogs every day or is there a less time consuming way? Especially wondering about atelier boz, excentrique and seraphim
>>
>>9164859
Two words: Lolita Updates
>>
New thread: >>9164902
>>
>>9164897
I mean ahead of time so I can inform my SS what I want. Maybe it's me but I don't see things from gothic brands on lolita updates often, and when I do see it it's things that are already in the online shop. Plus I don't think the non-lolita stuff from excentrique and seraphim would get posted there.
>>
>>9158834
is that the doll house in dt plymouth?

also tall lolita here too. I feel happy that there are other tall girls but most I see are about 180cm and have trouble finding dresses to go long enough. So being around 186cm area I'm pretty terrified to buy my first dress.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.