[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Barroth_armor.png (187KB, 250x450px) Image search: [Google]
Barroth_armor.png
187KB, 250x450px
Hello /cgl/ i am starting a project to create a full set of male barroth blademaster armor
>image related
But I can't find any good plans of the armor for scale and general sizing, so I thought I could get a helping hand from any experienced anons.
>>
ask in the help thread
>>
File: 1283830730167.jpg (316KB, 720x560px) Image search: [Google]
1283830730167.jpg
316KB, 720x560px
>>9154483
>plans
They don't exist. People who make their MonHun armors aren't working from plans. They figure it out on their own.

>scaling and sizing
This is the right question to ask.

What you're going to need to do first is get some consistent, high quality reference. Screenshots are a good place to start, but concept art works also. Just as long as the figure is all the same size and you have multiple angles to view from. Also collect any other reference you can get, just to pick out any other specific details or bits you might need to make.

You've got your reference, now measure the figure with a ruler in centimeters from head to heel. Now, determine your height in inches or centimeters.

Just going to pull some numbers out of my ass here:
Let's say the figure you need to measure and scale is 20cm tall and you are 6 feet / 72in tall (or about 183cm)

So your scale right now is 20 = 183
Do the math and reduce that down. 183 divided 20 gives you 9.15

This means that 1cm on your reference is 9.15 cm in real life. So anytime you measure anything on your reference, you can calculate how big it should be when you build it.

Measure out all the important pieces, roughly mimic those measurements in real life, adjusting when necessary, and you're on your way to having some armor.
>>
>>9154511
Thanks anon for the tips I will try my best
This will be my first build
>>
>>9154516
>This will be my first build
Not to be mean, but Monster Hunter armor might not be the best place to start if you literally have no idea what you're doing.
>>
Oh look, another male creating an entire thread dedicated to having us spoonfeed him help on his cosplay.
>>
>>9154483
Also currently working on a MonHun armor
Look if you can find a .obj file of the armor, it really helps getting many different perspectives
And dont underestimate the work that goes into a full body armor, I did it with my first and it was so frustrating, I wanted to quit almost every time I worked on it haha

Also next time -> help thread
>>
File: image.png (305KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
305KB, 640x360px
>>9154690
Hey, no need to be mean, he's just asking a question

And OP, I'd suggest what the other anons have said, and try to look at .obj files. I used them when I made a male nargacuga cosplay, and it was extremely useful. Just keep in mind to build it to scale with your measurements
>>
>>9155904
Not that anon but we literally have help threads AND an armor thread going right now. It would not have killed OP to give even the tiniest, most cursory of glances at the catalog, or even the front page, before making a thread.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.