[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Lolita General. Resentful Poorfags edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 35

File: image.jpg (190KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 595x842px
New Lolita General.

Resentful Poorfags edition.
>>
>>9151056
Why would anyone actually want to buy this tho?
>>
>>9151056
It just keeps getting better. Milanoo x AP collab when?
>>
>>9151056
AP tryin'a break into the BTSSB Classic series genre of ruffles.
>>
>>9151056
Kill me I love it
>>
When will we hear from the Princess Cat bloodbath?
>>
>>9151085
Before I saw the price tag, I thought it would be cute for christmas.
But I'm not that dedicated to that holiday. I have a fantastic halloween coord, so I no longer care..
>>
>>9151113
newfag.
>>
>>9151113
>Princess Cat
>bloodbath

You haven't been following AP releases lately, have you?
>>
File: so I heard.png (291KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
so I heard.png
291KB, 600x399px
>>9151056
I heard you liked ruffles so I put ruffles on your ruffles and ruffles on those ruffles
>>
>>9151121
Other than misty sky this might be the only things to sell out quickly.
>>
>>9151121
My SS in a rural part of the country said there was already a group of lolitas waiting for the store to open.
>>
>>9151147
nobody cares for hipster cat print.
That leaked astro print though might be our next bloodnath. The chinese always raid the sky themed stuff.
>>
>>9151147
>>9151155
Weird. I didn't think the print or cuts would be that desired. I do like the lavender one with the overlay though. I feel like it will be the first one to go.
>>
>>9151158
>always
What about twinkle sky then? Melty Sky also didn't sell well.
>>
>>9151161
melty sky was the only print this season that sold out in the online shop for a few ours after they restocked and even than some coulors sold out. It wasn't a bloodbath by any means but did better then the rest of the season.
>>
>>9151169
It's on sale on the US site anon. I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
Should I try for the overlay Princess Cat JSK or just wait for secondhand? I'm never good at predicting what prints will be popular.
>>
You can see the irl colors on the rack.
>>
File: tumblr_obh27nPI9i1sxsd1uo1_1280.jpg (894KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obh27nPI9i1sxsd1uo1_1280.jpg
894KB, 720x1280px
why doesn't AP iron their products??
>>
>>9151056
i'm speechless
>>
>>9151099
Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought of Milanoope
>>
Well it's been 5 minutes and nothing has sold out yet so I wouldn't call this release a true bloodbath. We'll see how long it takes.
>>
>>9151226
Teal overlay JSK first to sell out. I expected the lavender to go.
>>
Got the teal tiered JSK!! I'm so happy! This is the first dress I've cared about since autumn of last year!

Website is error-ing out though and I can't get in to get the hair accessory. C'mon AP get your shit together.
>>
>>9151056
This looks really disgusting, not gonna lie
>>
>>9151238
Fuck you, it's beautiful.
>>
File: 0820_06.jpg (324KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
0820_06.jpg
324KB, 500x600px
Cat eared hood blouse?
>>
Everything in teal is sold out.
>>
>>9151247
I've been getting errors this whole time...
>>
>>9151244
sheer hoodies are never what I want them to be...
>>
>>9151056
It would have been SO cute if they had just stopped at the 3rd or 4th layer of ruffles, instead it just turned into the lolita equivalent of long cat
>>
>>9151280
This is the long version of the JSK. There's a shorter one that's the exact same dress.
>>
>>9151280
They've already released that version though.

>>9151229
Huh, I didn't experience any errors and was able to get both at the same time. It was just a little laggy at the start trying to see the new arrivals.
>>
>>9151284
I checked via my phone and also using incognito mode and had no issue getting on the site. But after making a purchase I would get the error again. Is it possible they're doing this on purpose to try and stop people from making multiple orders so there's less for them to process?

I can't remember correctly but is there a limit on how many hair accessories you can buy?
>>
>>9151180

Why do they still have Magic Princess tho
>>
ok /cgl/ give me your best lolita troll stories... and go!
>>
>>9151085
I'd buy the white one as a wedding dress if I decide to commit to having a Lolita dress for one
>>
>>9151302
Because it's shit.
>>
>>9151215
this times one million
>>
>>9151317

And sold out on the webshop. You'd think they'd realise it'd actually move if they put it on the webshop, instead of letting it molder in their physical store.
>>
>>9151325
It was on AP USA for fuckin ages SENPAI.
>>
>>9151100
And failing miserably
>>
>>9151100
>>9151335
Do you think they're out of ideas? First those meta-ish Princess Cat dresses and now this.
>>
>>9151344
>meta-ish

AP does meta better than meta tho. This is what meta SHOULD be like but fails miserably at.
>>
>>9151290
I don't think there's a limit. Were you able to get it anon?
>>
>>9151346
Let's not derail this thread with meta hate again.
>>
>>9151352
I got the dress, hair bow, and scrunchie. I wanted to order a scrunchie in a second color but don't want AP to get mad.
>>
>>9151056
Jesus Christ what is this
>>
>>9151240
Tripfag gtfo. You've yet to contribute to the threads you're posting in.
>>
>>9151403
that's not what a trip looks like...
>>
>>9151403
>Being this retarded
>>
>>9151330

But uploading it to the Japanese webshop doesn't need to be shipped across the ocean.

I mean I already got my dress, but you'd think AP would have the brains to just take the dress and upload like one at a time to the webshop.
>>
I'm going to buy stuff off of auctions using From Japan soon but there was also something I wanted to order from Closet Child. Can I purchase stuff from CC through FJ? I was hoping I could just send all the stuff I'm planning to get to FJ and have to pay for international shipping only once.
>>
>>9151542

You can.
>>
>>9151542
yes
>>
>>9151056
Ap knows that it's zombies will buy what ever the fuck they produce.
At least it doesn't have crosses on it.
>>
>>9151175
Better go with your gut. Cgl always gets these wrong. I personally think it will be popular and harder to find for sale later on. I personally skipped releases of a few of my favorites and even though they have been unpopular I can't find them for sale.
>>
Secrets.
>>
Apparently the Angelic Pretty Okayama store is closing. Should we be worried?
>>
>>9151684
>Should we be worried?
You're kidding right?
>>
>>9151684
Yes because when one of the stores close the website automatically becomes less populated with clothes. Wow your dumb.
>>
>>9151246
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>9151709
>>9151715
About the fate of other AP stores + the brand in general, you nitwits.
>>
>>9151684
Source?
>>
>>9151684
Google says that it just moved to a new location, but maybe that's wrong?
>>
I'm about to buy something from yahoo autions but I'm stupid and I don't know if I should use buyee or another service. What do you recommend me gulls? it's my first time getting anything from there.
>>
>>9151056
'dressy time'
sounds like something a sissy would come up with. if there was a pink colourway it'd look like a sissy dress too.
>>
>>9151718
Then say "should we be worried about the other stores" you walnut.
>>
>>9151745
I've always used FromJapan so far
>>
>>9151715
*you're
>>
Still can't believe angelic pretty have a wig. That seems so random to me? I know wigs are a large part of lolita fashion especially in the west, but unlike a dress, no one really can tell where your wig is from, and this wig looks pretty standard.
It looks nice, especially in grey, but it's standard.
>>
>>9151244
bet all the 12 year itas from tumblr will eat this shit up: why so expensive???!!! ~~ nyan XD
>>
>>9151215
Because you'll buy it regardless.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 595x897px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 595x897px
Any one going to preorder this? I don't like the gold personally.
>>
Does anyone even use CT anymore or did everyone switch to FJ as their SS?
>>
>>9151837
I think the gold is fine, but I really don't like the bows/ribbons.

>>9151839
>*drinks tea*
You know you have to be over 18 to be on here right?
>>
>>9151794
Yeah, I thought that was a bit out of the blue. I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money on a wig, but it's pretty.
>>
>>9151794
This isn't the first time they released a wig. They sold the style that they use for all their stock photos before.
>>
Looking for black knee length bloomers for a not-lolita coord. I know F+F has some but they aren't quite long enough, I'm looking for something that will peek out from under a knee length skirt
>>
>>9151113
>Princess Cat

Anyone else not like how they added that very obvious piece of gold trim to the skirt on the tiered jsk? I really liked the simplicity of the sample version and I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it as much in the stock pictures...

I hope it's easy to remove!
>>
>>9151941
search for historical bloomers? we don't know how long we are searching without measurements
>>
>>9151834
I didn't buy that thing.
>>
>>9151754
What did you get from the other thing they said??
>>
>>9151841

I still use her. You can only get one colourway through the Japanese webshop and I don't do AP USA, so going through her is still a good way to get a second colourway, plus she's good for those times I can't be at the computer myself for the blood bath. YJA and mbok was always better with less personal shopping services, so I've hardly ever used her for that anyway.

AP releases were pretty meh this year, though, so I've only made one purchase through her. Wonder how business looks like on her end, or maybe she's making for the slack with IW or moitie releases.
>>
>>9151841
I still use her, especially for other sites where I don't want to figure things out.

However mintkismet is becoming an SS on the 25th and I'm gonna try her out since she speaks english too. Sometimes I like that CT makes you wait to pay, but other times I'd rather just have someone take my money, and hopefully MK will be good for that.
>>
File: 08171450_57b3fb12148da.jpg (309KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
08171450_57b3fb12148da.jpg
309KB, 500x600px
>>9151985
I'm way more salty over this random stripe of fabric on the bodice of the peplum jsk.
>>
>>9152055
I like that design.. but the bows need to be on there.
>>
File: shinyglassestrope.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
shinyglassestrope.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
>>9152055
Same. Trying to wrap my head around this....
>>
>>9152047
I hope MK doesn't get burnt out doing it. She should start off really really slow to see what she can handle. I'd hate for her to get in over her head and get called a scammer.
>>
>>9152083
Same. I want a different SS option.
>>
>>9152055
Yeah that's unfortunate. I think a lot of people like it though.
>>
File: 060.png (80KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
060.png
80KB, 500x475px
>>9152055
I don't hate it
>>
>>9152055
That just looks so off
>>
>>9152177
stop pretending to be me
>>
>>9152177
>>9152183
This is why one should not use a trip on 4chan
>>
>>9152032
The way they said "should we be worried" sounded like they where worried for the company in general. Not the other stores.
>>
>>9151745
I use Buyee and find it really easy to navigate. Shipping can be a bitch and you have to pay a consolidation fee if you get multiple packages and want them put together, but they are always quick and I like being able to adjust my price without having to go through a person.
>>
>>9151745
If you're planning on buying multiple items then don't use buyee since they charge for consolidation. Try fromjapan or zenmarket instead.
>>
So, after lurking for ages and getting jealous of all the cute dresses everyone is wearing, I think finally I have the confidence to get into this fashion. But I'm lost at what dress to buy, I'm thinking a jsk first, because it's easier to create different outfits with.

The dress is really going to determine what my first coord would look like, all I really know right now is I want to get into either sweet or classic lolita, and it's going to be a jsk.

Does anyone have any tips on the perfect first dress? My budget is pretty versatile, but I just don't know where to start.

also related question, what was your first lolita dress?
>>
>>9152258
Yeah, that's what I got from it too. Other anon is dumb.
And wtf is going on in this thread? So much deleted crap.
>>
>>9152303
FYeahLolita has a pretty good beginner wardrobe building guide. JSK is a pretty good choice. If you are going sweet, I assume you are going for a print? Most can be paired with a basic white blouse with sweet details. As for classic, look into a some blouses in neutral colors like ivory and brown and maybe a bolero and/or jacket.

One thing to consider is you might find that your skintone suits certain colors better. My first dress was a print I liked but the color looked awful against my skin, so I sold it and got it in a different colorway.
>>
>>9152316
>skintone suits certain colors better
Yeah I've always been worried that the colours I like wont suit me, I think I'll be ok however, I'm not pale and my skin a little tanned, so it wont really stand out with really vibrant colours.
>>
A seller sold me a dress on LM that was illustrated in the photos made the dress appear to be lavender. When I received the dress in the mail, it was actually pink. She is not being very forgiving and has only offered me a $20 refund for a dress that I bought for $100. I snooped on her FB and she made a public post on the dilemma. I am extremely upset she made it public and feel robbed. What are my options?
>>
>>9152424
Does she mention the colour at all in the listing? Is it a dress with lavender and pink colorways? If it is, that can be seen as false advertising .

What details did she give on the public post?
>>
>>9152424
Caps of the post? Depending on how she labeled the listing as the anon above me stated, she could be in the wrong here. Unless she strictly stated it was lavender, I really don't think there's much you can do about it. Stock photos aren't always true to color.
>>
>>9152266
Noob question but can I use zen market to buy directly from APs Japanese site?
>>
>>9152309
Some anons got into a grammar fight yesterday. The rest was just bad trolling that the janitor cleaned up.
>>
>>9152055
They're stepping into meta territory now.
>>
Does anyone know when Excentrique will release their winter collection? I saw some new stuff of theirs on insta but it's not in the webshop.
>>
Wanting to do a couple of small purchases (like less than 2000 yen per item) from Rakuten. I was thinking of Buyee but it seemed a lot with the fees. Any other suggestion for SS?
>>
shit-tier discussion questions:

How do you store your blouses and cardigans?

Are there any ita/tumblr staples that you find strangely appealing (fandom coords, milanoo, converse, scene hair, galaxy designs, etc...)?

How do you feel about those who only wear lolita at anime conventions and/or lolita meetups?

Are you a packrat or a chronic reseller?

What is your ratio of brand bought new to that bought used? Online vs. in store?
>>
>>9152829
>How do you store your blouses and cardigans?
I just hang them up with my dresses. I don't have any cardigans or cutsews but I would fold those. Soft cotton on hangers will eventually pull at the shoulders and stretch it out.
>Are there any ita/tumblr staples that you find strangely appealing (fandom coords, milanoo, converse, scene hair, galaxy designs, etc...)?
I like flower/madonna crowns. I just like big headdresses in general. I think they're cute.
>How do you feel about those who only wear lolita at anime conventions and/or lolita meetups?
People get salty about "conlitas" but I don't care because I only wear my coords to meetups/cons, too. It's all about someone's comfort level. For me personally, I don't feel comfortable wearing lolita frequently to do daily tasks and such. It's more of a special occasion thing for me and I think it is for a lot of people.
>Are you a packrat or a chronic reseller?
Neither really. I've only sold one thing but I don't have a huge wardrobe.
>What is your ratio of brand bought new to that bought used? Online vs. in store?
About 1/3 of my brand is new, 2/3 bought secondhand although most was still NWT. Everything online.
>>
>>9152829

on hangers. don't have enough knits to fold them and properly fill up a shelf

>Are there any ita/tumblr staples that you find strangely appealing (fandom coords, milanoo, converse, scene hair, galaxy designs, etc...)?

galaxy I guess

>How do you feel about those who only wear lolita at anime conventions and/or lolita meetups?

don't really mind, as long as it isn't 'cosplay' lolita

in between

>What is your ratio of brand bought new to that bought used? Online vs. in store?

I have mostly second hand, but that's also because oldschool is easier to find second hand. also more online than instore
>>
>>9152806
You can buy things directly from Rakuten using tenso, you just need to set up an account on Rakuten. I just did it to buy two small things 500 yen each, it's a lot easier than it sounds. Just look up a tutorial on Google.
>>
>>9152829
in my closet
No. I like some nymphet fashion but not the lifestyle around it.
They don't think of lolita as a fashion so I can't think of them as lolita's.
I'm a budget lolita and I usually only buy a new main piece if I sell a main piece. I always have around 15 main pieces in my closet.
I currently have 3 main pieces that I bought new, in-store, during a big sale in Paris. The rest is secondhand.
>>
>>9152026
Never mind. Found some. Infanta had ones that seemed to be about the right length
>>
>>9152829
I don't like the conlita's in my comm because they are always the ones nitpicking simple coords. Maybe if they wore lolita out more often, they would understand not every coord needs to have a giant headdress, a wig, three bracelets, circle lenses and a stuffed animal to be considered sweet lolita.
>>
>>9151837
I like this, but the cut would be hideous on me. If they have a non-high waist cut I might get it, but I think I'd remove the white bows, especially on the neckline. Where's it from?
>>
>>9151922
Oh, I didn't know that. I guess that could be seen as an 'iconic' wig, because it's used for their stock photos. This wig is just...a wig.
>>
>>9152055
That looks so wrong. With the top hats and bow ties and comedic-looking glasses, this is a miss for me. It's a shame because I love cats and I love cinema doll, but unfortunately it just completely misses the mark for me.
>>
>>9152829
fold cardigans, hang up blouses. I need more wardrobe space though.

I love flower crowns with certain coords. I just bought a non print chiffon AatP OP and I am certain it would look gorgeous with a flower crown because it has a really elegant feel to it. I'd rather not be ripped on for it though.

I'd love to be a daily lolita but unfortunately right now I can only wear my lolita to meetups. I don't go to cons so I don't care about conlitas really, but if you only wear it once a year to a con, what's the point in having a huge wardrobe?

I've not sold anything and I don't think I could. Definitely packrat.

I've bought all of my brand off second hand sites, but 2 of my pieces came new. I tend to buy taobao new.
>>
>>9152890
Why are there so many newfags shooting their mouths off without googling anything these days.
>>
>>9152829
I have a seperate small closet where I hang those up. I use an Ikea wardrobe for my main pieces and some of my accessories.

>Are there any ita/tumblr staples that you find strangely appealing
Twintail wigs, rainbow colored wigs (split or otherwise), pastel or brightly colored kids jewelry.

Not everyone is able to wear it on a daily basis or feels comfortable doing so. Lolita is special occasion clothing to many, and you wear it where it's appropriate. You don't walk into Walmart in an evening gown. Yet somehow if you don't wear lolita often, you aren't doing it right. You don't need elaborate coordinates all the time. Simple coordinates are fine. Your wardrobe is your property and you are free to wear it when you feel is the best time to do so. Daily? Great. Just to conventions and meets? Great too. Never worn and just looked at and admired? Also great. I wish people would stop getting into pissing contests over this.

Packrat. I resold a lot in my beginner years. But now that I have my wardrobe to a place that I really like a number of dream/wishlist items, I've been hoarding and buying more while doing less selling.

> What is your ratio of brand bought new to that bought used? Online vs. in store?
New: 40% Used: 60%
I've been spending more time collecting older items that I like, but occasionally I will buy direct from brand for items I like.

Online: 80%, in store 20%
I'm going to list in-store as items that I own from indie brands. I've not had the chance to visit any brand stores, or attend a cons with a brand I like there. I had my husband buy some stuff for me when I couldn't attend AWA a few years ago. Otherwise, I buy almost exclusively online.
>>
>>9152903
Not everyone knows every item AP ever sold
>>
>>9152883
Same. There's a girl in my comm who has a handmade OTT headdress for every one of her coords, and regularly passive-aggressively criticises other girls on wearing plainer accessories that aren't tailored 100% to a specific coord. She doesn't understand that it's easy to have a special headdress for every coord if you only have four coords total that you wear in the exact same way to every meetup, but if you wear lolita more regularly it's better to have more versatile pieces so you can mix it up. It really is more of a costume for her and it's starting to get on my nerves.
>>
So I just sold a dress on LM, this person has no feedback, didn't contact me about international shipping, and hasn't read my message yet. It's only been a little over a day, but how much longer should I wait before I contact a mod or relist my dress?
>>
>>9152915
3 working days
>>
File: manahelpme.jpg (331KB, 484x645px) Image search: [Google]
manahelpme.jpg
331KB, 484x645px
I impulse bought this amazing hot mess ten minutes ago and I'm already nauseated at the thought of trying to coordinate it.
>>
>>9152931
It's not that bad, is it? White blouse with interesting collar, black blazer (or maybe a more structured cardi/bolero), white-based legwear and black heeled shoes should make for a decent coord with this. If you want to get more adventurous you should try asking the coord help thread.
>>
>>9152829
Currently hang blouses and have cardigans and knits folded sitting on the upper shelf of my closet, but I have to reorganize as it's very inconvenient.

I really can't think of anything that I like.

This doesn't really bother me. Unless they treat it like a costume, I don't really care.

Definitely packrat. I've sold only one dress and I kind of regret it.

20 used/21 new for main pieces so about half. I've only bought two main pieces in store though, usually I'm there to pick up sale items/blouses and accessories.
>>
Hangers in the closet.

I think those circle glasses that tend to get worn with everything now are cute in the right context, like bookish/ school uniform inspired coords and stuff.

That's fine, can't expect everyone to be able to wear it on the daily.

Packrat. I only really sell stuff that doesn't fit.

I've bought all my brand secondhand but some of it has been NWT. The only piece I've bought new from the store was a taobao jsk.
>>
>>9152829
I hang up both in my closet.
I like Converse in casual coords as long as they're clean. I also like galaxy designs and flower crowns. (I actually own a flower crown, but I haven't had the chance to wear it in a coord yet)
I'm trying to expand my wardrobe so I have more casual/daily wear pieces, so right now, I've only mostly worn lolita to meetups. A lot of active people in my comm only wear lolita to meetups, so I don't really mind them at all. However, there are a whole bunch of people who only wear lolita to conventions. That bothers me because they treat lolita like a costume, but at the same time, I'm glad they almost never go to meetups because their con coords always look like shit anyway.
I'm a pack rat most of the time because I like almost all the pieces I've bought so far. I only sell if I've either lost interest in the piece or if I receive it in the mail and immediately hate how it looks irl.
I'd say 2/3 of my wardrobe is secondhand while 1/3 is brand new. I have one pair of Enchantlic tights that I bought from Fairytale Boutique back when they were still open. Other than that, everything else was bought online.
>>
>>9152829
Hang blouses and fold and store in lined drawer for cardigans and a cotton Tshirt like blouse.

Are there any ita/tumblr staples that you find strangely appealing (fandom coords, milanoo, converse, scene hair, galaxy designs, etc...)?
I haven't been on tumblr in ages. But if those circle Harry Potter like glasses count definitely those.

How do you feel about those who only wear lolita at anime conventions and/or lolita Meet ups?
I think I would classify as this this. I only maybe once a year go to do causal stuff like get lunch or go to tea with friends or a friend in Lolita. I don't event cons anymore so strictly meet ups. But I believe only one girl in my comm if her dress daily in Lolita. It's way too hot, humid, and we have too many tourists and homeless to be even slightly practical. A walk downtown in sweat pants and Tshirt alone you're practically promised to get cat called and sexually harassed to the point of tears.
Pack rat. I only sell items I've had for over a year or more without wearing, usually body line I couldn't bring myself to wear and occasionally when I see WTB for items I've already worn and need money.

What is your ratio of brand bought new to that bought used? Online vs. in store?
It's too much to count everything so I'll stay exclusively to jsks/OPs. I only own three skirts which have been bought brand new from the store. I don't wear skirts due to stomach problems and then get stuck with them because you can never sell them close to retail...
Maybe 1/3 new of brand. 100% of taobao was bought new.
Online is likely 50% unless you mean only new brand. I've bought most of my brand at closet child. I almost only buy used brand from Japan because I'm terrified of horror stories
>>
>>9152931
Sell it to me for half the price you bought it for and I'll coord it just fine.
>>
I´m a lone lolita, so I don´t know any conlita´s or people who only wear it to meet-ups. And I've always wondered about excuses not to wear it more often.

How do the reasons not to wear it disappear when you go to a meet-up/con?
Are meet-ups/con's frequent enough you can still wear everything in your wardrobe several times a year?
>>
>>9153204
I see people wearing the same dresses a lot but they coord them differently so no one says anything about it -- except on cgl of course.
>>
I hang blouses and fold cardis.

I like flower crowns and I don't mind fandom coords if they're subtle.

I'm one of those people so I don't mind. Lolita is not practical for my daily life because my job is very messy and physical.

I'm pretty balanced. I have no problems selling something if it ends up not being what I'd hoped.
Its pretty evenly split since I wear primarily gothic so I don't really like a lot of the new brand releases for myself/my wardrobe.
>>
>>9152083
Agreed. I think she has some chronic health issues as well, so could struggle with a massive influx of orders.
>>
>>9152829
Folded in a drawer. I know its better to hang them but I have limited closet space.

Round glasses, heart shaped glasses, nymphet fashion and pinup fashion influences (I don't use tumblr anymore but I think those are tumblr trends)

I fall into this category. I can't really wear lolita at my job and it's just too much effort for regular wear, both in the getting ready sense and that you have to be extremely careful with your clothes. The dresses would also wear out faster with constant use. I don't see the point in buying cheaper dresses I don't like just so I could wear lolita every day...

Packrat. I try to only buy things I really like though. It's just so much effort to sell things, and desu I've given things away just because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of listing and shipping...

New: 40%
Used 60%
Used to be closer to 80% used but lately I've been splurging on new releases more.

Online:95%
In-store:5%
I don't live near any lolita stores. I have one dress and a hair accessory purchased at a convention.
>>
>>9151837
I've been out of the loop for a while and searching turned up nothing for me. Would you mind giving a brand name or link for this?
>>
File: 8ab56279jw1f6zbn52rdjj21ne1qbx6s.jpg (595KB, 1024x1074px) Image search: [Google]
8ab56279jw1f6zbn52rdjj21ne1qbx6s.jpg
595KB, 1024x1074px
Bramble Rose (Taobao) is going to release a wedding print.
>>
>>9153204
Here's mine:
- I feel uncomfortable dressing up for everyday occasions and I'd rather just schlep my way around town in a hoodie and track pants than get dolled up to do essentially "nothing" even if I feel nice doing so.
- Tied to the above, as an introvert and as someone that deals with the public quite a bit, when I'm away from work, I don't want to deal with strangers more than I have to. Putting on even a simple toned-down coord in my area is opening the book to a ton of questions and stares that I'd rather not deal with. (And yes, this is from experience)
- Lolita is a social thing for me.
- I work a 9-5 job which is often over the weekends. My schedule constantly conflicts with others.
- I collect prints and the number of non-print or subtle prints that I own and can wear is fewer.
- At cons and meetups or even just get-togethers with a few friends, I feel more comfortable wearing it. Safety in numbers, so to speak. I don't have to respond to all the curious questions and I don't feel all the pressure to answer the "are you a living doll?" bullshit by myself.
- It's just more fun for me to wear it with friends.
>>
>>9153432
Damn. Are you me?
>>
I hang them up. I don't have much drawer space and I have to share a closet with my boyfriend, so I just bought a garment rack for all of my jfash and it has plenty of room.

I don't mind coords that could be interpreted as fandom coords. There is a recent series meta did that's bording school/uniform inspired and I saw some cute Harry Potter homages. I don't like crap hamfisted like shit handmade tardis lolita, but I don't discount the idea of having a fandom theme as long as the coord looks good.

I would shake their hand because they are a kindred spirit. I work close to 60 hours a week counting on call hours in a clinical lab. I cannot wear it on work days. I only get to wear it on vacations, days off, and special events. I'm totally fine with that. I have a small wardrobe, so if I wore it more often, I'd damage them. I get the dislike that some lolitas have about this because lolita is moving away from a street fashion, but all I can say is, then you go wear it every day. I'll live vicariously through you.

With lolita I'm neither. I don't sell much because I only buy things that I've thought about for a long ass time.

I've only bought two main pieces new and they were rereleases. I don't live anywhere near a store, so I've only ever shopped online.
>>
>>9152829
hang both blouses and cardigans

>Are there any ita/tumblr staples that you find strangely appealing ?
Sometimes I like those lookbook and casual lolita crossovers, like when people wear a denim jacket with a cutsew and lolita skirt and a pair of matching converses. It's one of those things that I'm too chicken to do and I think looks comfy for street wear, so I commend those who do it well. Blouseless coords are also growing on me.

That's ok, so long as they dress up well. It's the chronic convention ita that I'm more worried about (especially if they're comm lurkers).

Chronic reseller. I tend to order from auctions, and Japanese sellers are REALLY bad about showing/explaining details, let alone sizing. Sometimes pieces stop fitting or I end up with pieces that don't suit my stylistically.

I'd say 90-95% of my items are second hand (again, I'm an auction addict). I don't live near a brand shop, but I have a few items that I've managed to get from convention booths or the rare visit to a brand store.
>>
>>9153432
Wow. Almost this exactly for myself as well. I'm not an introvert but its way more easy to deal with the social interactions when there are numbers plus I like that meets give me a reason rather than just cause. Not to mention my comm is pretty frequent in its meets anyways.
>>
>>9153432
Thank you. I am so sick of the hate people get here for not wearing it as frequently. I still very much treat it as a fashion and not a costume, but I treat it as something to wear for special occasions, the same way people dress up for fancy dinners or events. I have a lot of dresses because I enjoy collecting them and really putting thought into my coords when I do wear them.
>>
>>9152303
My first dress was f+f because I didn't think I was skinny enough for brand. I ordered a size like 5cm over my actual measurements and it was huge. I actual fit fine in brand, wish I had lurked CoF threads first to see worn photos. I would recommend looking there to find something you love. If you like IW, you can find many gorgeous prints for a good price on LM
>>
>>9152829
One hangers in the closet.
I like the deer makeup to go along with nature prints, when done right.
I don't feel anything about them. Some people just aren't that into wearing lolita unless it's for something specific.
Packrat. I need to sell stuff.
I've only ever bought 1 dress, 3 pairs of legwear, and two headpieces brand new from a brand. All the rest is used, or never worn bought 2nd hand. And have never bought brand in person, only online.
>>
>>9152829
Hang blouses, fold cardigans

Fandom coords can be cute, I guess.

That's fine. I wear it semi-regularly, but I wear kuro so most people just take a second glance but leave me alone since they just read me as goth. I don't think I'd have the guts to go grocery shopping in an AP print dress or anything OTT, so I'm not gonna shit on anyone for not doing so. I do wish casual lolita/simple coords were more popular though.

Packrat, but trying to sell things.

12 new vs 15 used (main pieces + accessories) and almost exclusively online.
>>
>>9152829
Hang them. Although I might start folding them just because I'm running out of room.

Galaxy designs hands down. I used to own that galaxy dress by Dark Box, sort of regret that I sold it now. But galaxies are amazing, it goes hand in hand with my very rudimentary fascination with space.

Meh, I only wear lolita for certain occasions.

Packrat. Trying to sell right now.

I'd say at least an 20 new to 80 used. It used to be more, but I've been buying a lot more new recently just because I liked more releases. I usually am trying to get wishlist dresses (old dresses) so unless there's a re-release I'll prioritise that first.

I buy almost everything online since well there isn't really an in store option near me. Exception would be when I went to Japan last year and bought maybe 4-5 main pieces there.
>>
>>9151747
No it wouldn't.
>>
Can't decide if this is too long to be lolita, is the there really a hard limit to the length of a lolita skirt? AP has made a lolita dress with a detachable floor-length underskirt, but that was some collab (and borderline wtf anyway). Do we just class everything longer than tea-length as EGA?

(Putting aside that this appears to be a costumey creation from a meh-tier taobao brand, just using the image to prompt some discussion of lolita skirt lengths)
>>
File: 幻想钢琴曲OP长-2-334x500.jpg (32KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
幻想钢琴曲OP长-2-334x500.jpg
32KB, 334x500px
>>9153645

For those who want to see the length on a real human.
>>
>>9153645
Well, if it's gothic, it'll just fall into the EGA range, but in the last few years (I think following the advent of OTT classic as well as the long underskirt trend) sweet and classic lolita has gotten on the long skirt game. So I think it can still classify as sweet or classic, not just EGA. Baby's made some long dresses, too, after all.

Doesn't change that I personally find this particular AP creation buttfuck ugly, but that's a whole nother thing
>>
>>9151837
WHERE CAN I GET THIS
>>
>>9152829

On hangars in my closet. They don't get wrinkley that way.

I love cutesy sneakers with casual lolita, it really adds to the comfy aspect of it I'm not brave enough to do myself unless AP comes out with sneakers again.

How do you feel about those who only wear lolita at anime conventions and/or lolita meetups?
They're still lolitas. I wear casual a lot, but I can totally understand not wanting to get your brand dirty or damaged.

Packrat. I smoke (sorry) so I don't ever sell any of my stuff. I usually give newer lolitas anything that I haven't worn in a year+ and don't anticipate wearing again though.
Mostly new. Probably a good 1/3 of my closet is meta miniskirts because they work well outside of lolita and with casual. I've only ever bought Chantilly in store.
>>
>>9152303
adding to what >>9153534 said, my first item was F+F too, because I thought I was too tall for brand. Buy some brand and check measurements before you go with subpar quality
>>
File: 幻想钢琴曲OP-7-1-350x231.jpg (13KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
幻想钢琴曲OP-7-1-350x231.jpg
13KB, 350x231px
>>9153652

The taobao brand that made >>9153645 only made it in black in long length, and then only in pastels in the shorter lengths. Which is what made me wonder if it's automatically EGA once it hits past tea length (the skirt in >>9153645 is about ankle length, while AP's dressy time jsk and btssb's long dresses are still mostly shorter than that). It's kind of acceptable for longer gothic dresses to cross over to the EGA side, but there's not really an elegant sweet aristocrat counterpart, is there?

Or maybe the future trend is for even longer skirts in lolita, and then eventually we'll come full circle to historical ballgowns as the ultimate OTT lolita wedding dress... ?? (If only btssb boning weren't shit though, I could get behind this idea)

(Yeah, I think the dressy time jsk is goddamn ugly, too. Person who suggested Milanoo x AP isn't very far off. At least the OP set looks pretty decent.)
>>
>>9153704
Hmm, I need it in pastel, what's the brand?
>>
>>9152829
No cardigans, but I keep all my blouses hung in my closet. I should look into drawers or something for the ones more wrinkle resistant.
Big hair and shitty dyejobs are somewhat nostalgic for me, some fandom (HP mostly) makes me so happy, Black x white is awesome. Probably more but eh.
Their fashion their choice. I can't wear it every day, why judge anyone else? I wish there was a more "street" element to the fashion still but since I'm not contributing to that idea I just shut up about it.
Packrat. I never sell, but I keep buying.
Brand is 100% secondhand. Indie brand is all new. 99% of my closet was bought online.
>>
>>9153403
This looks pretty good! Not the pink lace on the black colourway though.
>>
Blouses and cardigans on hangers, cutsews folded.

I like sneakers in lolita, or in general non-lolita items in lolita. I think you can make more creative outfits that way.

They generally only wear OTT and this causes to spread "lolita is a costume" understanding. I wish people accepted lolita more like an alternative street fashion than special occasion fashion/costume.

Pancrat.

1/6 used, 5/6 new. 1/2 online, 1/2 in store.
>>
File: 幻想钢琴曲OP-1-334x500.jpg (30KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
幻想钢琴曲OP-1-334x500.jpg
30KB, 334x500px
>>9153709

It only comes in short lengths in pastel though. Here's the shop: https://shop114043900.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.2.wO2WVm
>>
What's up with paypal's conversion rate? When I send money it's always at least 10usd more than it's supposed to be, it's never less. Now it's 17usd more than it's supposed to be.
>>
>>9153432
This makes me feel so lucky. I've never had a bad comment from strangers when I'm by myself, but at meet-ups we always get nasty comments and people taking our picture, and girls explaining lolita in a weird way to make it worse. So I much prefer dressing up by myself.
>>
>>9153765
Same.
>>
>>9153762
I noticed that GBP to Eeuro. I checked the rate from Google and Paypal wanted 5€ more than what the rate was according to Google?
>>
>>9153778
You need to switch it from using Paypals own currency conversion rates to your banks rates. It's still not as accurate a s Google but it's better than Paypals.
>>
>>9152829
I have to fold them and keep them in a storage container due to limited space atm.

I like galaxy prints, but not in pastel color schemes. I also like animal ears, shoot me.

I understand why some people cannot wear lolita on a regular basis and I don't judge those who choose to wear it for special occasions only (I used to wear it more when I was in college, but now I work 9-5 and that leaves only the weekend for me to goof around).

Packrat, but not by much. I have maybe a blouse or two to sell.

Like 95% secondhand, 5% new. Almost everything I've bought has been through online sales, minus a dress and a couple accessories. The only item I've bought at a brand store was a BABY headbow.

>>9153765
>>9153772
I feel the same way. Having more lolitas around just invites the public to stare and comment because it just looks like one big spectacle, and not one lone weirdo in a dress. Some girls yell back at strangers and it's really embarrassing. When I get negative reactions to my clothes when I'm by myself, I can just put my earphones in or walk away. When I'm with my comm, it's much harder to ignore reactions.
>>
>>9152321
You can get 99% of this from normal clothes, anon - if you never wear red clothes normally, you might want to avoid it in lolita. I bought a yellow JSK when I was starting out, and never wore yellow regularly, because it didn't really suit me - sure enough, the JSK made me look jaundiced. Just avoid it if you wouldn't wear a t-shirt in that colour!
>>
File: HTB19FkkLXXXXXXQXFXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg (125KB, 649x629px) Image search: [Google]
HTB19FkkLXXXXXXQXFXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg
125KB, 649x629px
Hey anons I found this on AE and was wondering if it's a replica of anything. It's giving me replica vibes but I don't recognise this print. Does anyone know?

>>9153783
>Some girls yell back at strangers and it's really embarrassing.
Agreed. I get that it sucks to have people be rude to you/your friends but you're doing exactly what they want you to do and providing them with entertainment. Just ignore them. One time we had to physically restrain a particularly impulsive girl from crossing the street to confront the meanieheads like somehow a street brawl would make things better.
>>
>>9153781
This is only available for creditcards. In Europe we generally don't use them so I don't have one. But thanks for telling me about this option because now I'm going to see if it's more expensive for me to keep using paypal's currency conversion or to buy a creditcard.
>>
>>9153781
As >>9153806 said, I don't have credit card either but thank you for the info it's good to know in case I will have one in the future. But where does the extra money go? I'm a bit confused. Do Paypal keep the change or does it just disappear?
>>
>>9153806
Are you sure you can't get a bank card? I just changed mine to keep original currency and it isn't linked to a credit card, but rather to my checking account card. My bank charges a small conversion fee of about 2-5$ when they process the transfer
>>9153864
Pp keeps it
>>
>>9153864
It is definitely a hidden "conversion fee" in Paypals user agreement. They refuse to give a receipt for it though. So it feels more like theft because it makes it 100x more difficult for buisnesses to try to claim it as a loss. That fee racks up so fast...I didn't care as much when the yen was down, but now it really hurts.
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 560x990px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 560x990px
I went ahead and reserved this from Violet Fane, despite the previous quality issues I've heard about. Hopefully it's worth my gamble and they've improved.

I'll review it once it gets in.
>>
>>9153965
I always think the skirts look a bit awkward, idk if it's the length, amount of fabric or if it's just her petti?
>>
>>9153805
reminds me a little of AP's honey cake release, but that's all I can think of
>>
File: 105961778.jpg (299KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
105961778.jpg
299KB, 500x375px
This might be a goddamned ridiculous question but is Usakumya a boy or a girl?
The bows, eyelashes, and caplet make it seem like a girl but mine feels like a boy somehow, and I'm pretty sure I've heard it referred to as a "he" before.
>>
File: 1442331772784.png (103KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
1442331772784.png
103KB, 500x546px
>>9154434
It's... it's a bag...
>>
>>9154434
if you don't know your usakumya's pronouns you should refer to it as 'they/them' uwu instead of trying to impose your own gender stereotypes onto it uwu
boys can be pink uwu and eyelashes are not a feminine trait uwu so think before you misgender your usakumya uwu
>>
>>9153204
1.Am tomboy. Dresses+leggings+fitted blouses=Not comfortable to wear around the house. Or grocery shopping. Or doing anything that requires concentration, I don't want to have to think about ruining my dress all the time.

2. I love dressing up! When I meet my friends, whom I am going to spend time with for a bit, because that's a person I'm physically meeting and want to look nice for.

3. Blouses that fit are rare, and I know clothes will eventually wear out.. So I feel like I don't want to waste them by wearing them when I don't feel like it.

4. My lolita wardrobe really isn't that big yet. I have an ok selection, but half of it is strictly winter stuff and half is strictly summer.
>>
File: 41987612.jpg (174KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
41987612.jpg
174KB, 433x650px
>>9152829
Hang them up in my closet with my dresses.
Pastel sneakers with sweet coords... pic related. inb4 shit taste
I don't really mind, as I only wear lolita on special occasions as well- I live on a tropical island atm and it's hot, humid, and sunny almost all year round so it's hard to wear lolita every day.
Both? I have a small wardrobe right now (5 main pieces) and I've sold 3 MP's so far as well as various accessories. I only buy dresses that I absolutely, positively want. I sell things that I probably won't wear again/have second thoughts about it.
I'd say about 80% of my wardrobe is used, all bought online. I've never bought anything new, besides shoes and accessories, and I don't live anywhere near any lolita/j-fashion stores.
>>
>>9153645
where is this from?
>>
>>9154434
You could easily make it a boy if you want to.
>>
>>9154455
Oh shit, you right
>>
>>9154434
I think Baby generally refers to the character as a she.
>>
>>9153965
It's apparently their first factory production, so hopefully that means it turns out better.
I want to get it but it's so long it'd look awful on me, and I'm not sure if it would be worth it to cut it myself to a more appealing length.
>>
>>9154501
Forgot to add, I'd be very interested in a review!
>>
>>9154434
There are boy and girl versions.
>>
>>9153679
Yotsuba Fondant Garden
>>
File: 129816-b[1].jpg (84KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
129816-b[1].jpg
84KB, 240x320px
>>9154434

What >>9154597 said.

Although I'm only aware of one boy Usakumya released in 2005. Maybe not as popular due to not being as frilly as the girl Usakumyas
>>
File: pen15club.jpg (34KB, 420x560px) Image search: [Google]
pen15club.jpg
34KB, 420x560px
>>9154434
Usakumya is a boy...AND WHAT A BOY!
>>
>>9154456
>leggings with lolita
Also it sounds like you really are wearing it as a costume if you dislike it so much except when you're getting dressed up to please someone else.
>>
>>9153904
>>9153911
Thank you both. Makes me wonder if it really would be a bit less expensive to make bank teansfers inside of Europe and ditch the Paypal. I'm already paying for my bank's services so I don't need Paypal to slap some hidden fees on me. I'm starting to feel a bit suspicious about it anyway. Only realised this because I had just the amount I needes on my bank account and checked the currency rate in Google to make sure it's enough. It wasn't.
>>
>>9154456
I think you really do have an issue with cloths not fitting if they are that ubcomfortable. It's of course also a matter of preference but simple lolita coord is definitely as comfortable as jeans and shirt if it fits right. Also I have been wearing lolita daily for about two years now and nothing has ruined my dresses nor I have encountered a dress that has wore out. It's possible if you have pieces you are not too scared to ruin by wearing and washing and knowing a bit how to care of your clothes.
>>
>>9154917
Honestly, I am the type of person that when I am inside my own home I just wanna take my clothes off and walk around in my underwear, regardless of what I'd been wearing before. So I can understand not wanting to wear it around the house. That said I really enjoy wearing lolita out for shopping or lectures or anything really, I'm not even involved in my comm at all. It's just weird to me to only wear it to meet-ups because you depend on others to wear your own clothes?
>>
>>9154919
Yeah I undesrstand not wanting to wear anything other than pjs around the house, I'm like that too, but if it's too uncomfortable to wear anywhere else than meets there is certainly something wrong in the fit. Do the person really struggle in the meets due the fit? I also find it odd to not wear it anywhere else than in the meets, I get if you have work or something that limits you, but never elsewhere? Feels like a fancy costume to me at that point.
>>
>>9154927
Not that anon, but I don't wear lolita very often despite having a large wardrobe for a number of reasons such as really bad ibs that makes lolita really uncomfortable. It can be super comfy and roomy for an hour and then I bloat up and get really bad cramps.
>>
>>9153965
Ugh I really love the concept but I absolutely hate the bodice. Why clown ruffles?!
>>
>>9153403
That's really cute! Any word on a release date?
>>
>>9153403
I can't be the only one who thinks this is godawful, right? Especially in black.
>>
>>9153645
>Do we just class everything longer than tea-length as EGA?
no, EGA has a "look" that is more than just "lolita with a lower hemline." for a dress like this, it depends on how it's coorded. i think this could work for either lolita or EGA.

sorry for the antpic, but here is a lolita look that is much longer than usual.
>>
File: f0114717_22564323.jpg (50KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
f0114717_22564323.jpg
50KB, 290x387px
>>9154993
another
>>
>>9154993
>>9154995

Ah, I see your point. EGA does normally look more streamlined than lolita. Thank you for the examples, they help a lot.
>>
So I'm new to lolita and I hate tumblr and Facebook, so I made a livejournal. What other comm's should I follow besides egl?
>>
>>9155370
Right now, Facebook and Tumblr are the only social media platforms that have large lolita communites. LJ died off years ago. You can try following the main EGL comm and EGL Sales, but stuff like Daily Lolita is pretty much dead.
>>
>>9155370
like the other anon said, LJ is dead (except for maybe january, because of the wardrobe posts, but I think that will die out soon too).

I would recomend the Amino app,I personally like the lolita comm there. though it brings in quite a few itas too, but you just have to sift them out. for starters it's quite nice
>>
>>9155392
I don't mind small communities.

>>9155398
I know lj is dead in general but the egl comm is not dead, just less active than it used to be, and less active than tumblr and Facebook. I'm downloading amino right now but it doesn't look like you can have communities and discussions like on lj? It's also more invasive of my privacy already.
>>
>>9155438
You can set up chats on amino if you want to discuss things. Just follow whoever isn't ita and use that as your community.
>>
>>9155458
So it's like tumblr
>>
>>9155370
You could try the g+ groups. They are also pretty inactive as of late though. Just need people willing to post.
>>
>>9155493
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll download that as well, though I'm pretty happy with the egl comm on livejournal.
>>
>>9155484
I looked it up today and it looks quite horrible. Satying for the cringe I guess.
>>
>>9154917
>>9154927
Tomboy OP here.
I don't struggle, it fits just fine. I do wear it more often than meets, I wear it out on dates, social club evenings, and meeting friends. It makes me feel pretty and I have someone to show off to.

I like loose clothes at home, ie oversized stuff. Leggings, jeans, longer socks+pantyhose are all constricting and tend to fly off once I have no reason to wear them. The clothes are all my size, they fit according to my measurements. I'm just not too much into grill clothes.
>>
>>9154902
Hahahahahaha it took me a minute to figure out what those were
>>
>>9155503
I'm the person who initially asked about this and I also wear my PJs at home. I just don't understand people who only wear it to cons and meet ups, even after reading the replies. I understand not wearing it at work too. But other than that, I mainly wear lolita. Also for grocery shopping. It doesn't take more time or effort to put on a lolita coord than normie clothes unless you're a newbie or only wear OTT. Another reason that is often mentioned is that people feel uncomfortable with the reaction of normies. In that case I don't understand why you would wear alt fashion at all.

I don't mean to attack conlita's, I was just curious about their motivation.
>>
>>9155576
Putting on an OP is pretty simple, but a JSK plus a blouse and then socks/tights plus even a simple headdress is way more complicated than just throwing on a shirt and pants/shorts.
>>
>>9154904
I don't wear it daily but I do try on coords and wear them around my house, and I'll wear them to special occasions if the weather is alright. I don't wear it to the store because I'd rather wear something I can sweat in and feel okay about it because I walk a long way to the store and then carry like 30lbs of groceries home. I would not do that in lolita regarless of how simple the outfit was. Its just fucking impractical. Sometimes you don't need to wear lolita. And sometimes you want to. That's all there really is to it. Just because someone isn't a fucking lifestyler doesn't mean they're not a lolita.
>>
>>9155583
Looking like a slob in normie clothes is easier, yes
>>
http://ameblo.jp/ap-onlineshop/entry-12192702270.html

If I understood this correctly the 15th anniversary dresses are starting to be shipped?
>>
>>9155588
I wear other J-fashion and lolita definitely takes the longest to get ready.

>>9155611
Pretty much. I'm curious to see worn pics, but probably won't be until there's some large event.
>>
>>9155658
I retract my statement. Putting on the petticoat and bloomers takes several seconds.
>>
How old are Maki and Asuka now?
Do they still wear lolita and have their super kawaii room like that one time where Maki's room was in a magazine?
I wish I had their confidence really, i'm 20 and i already feel old and likie a weirdo while they must be in their 30s and still rock it without a care, sigh.
>>
>>9155658
I'll post worn pics once I get mine, anon. I'll probably coord it for the hell of it even if I'm not going out in it. I'm too excited not to.
>>
File: 613.jpg (102KB, 648x434px) Image search: [Google]
613.jpg
102KB, 648x434px
Speaking of Maki and Asuka, why are these two the only one shown publicly? I remember AP had like 4 designers before and was actually fonded by some Honda Youko. Including some girl called Hinako who supposedly designed the dresses and another girl called Candy's.Maki said she designed the socks and choosed the base materials while Asuka designed the shoes,bags and parasols.
Pic related is rumored to be the two other designers, Maki, and Asuka.
Also i wonder what Maki real name is and what they do in life other than AP,and what will they do/wear when they become really "old"/grannies/... but that's creepy to ask about such a thing.
>>
>>9155576
I live in Sweden.

A lot of us live in the countryside. Some of us only ever see friends or like-minded peeps at conventions due to living out in bumfuck. We have no places to wear our lolita, because all our friends who 'get' these interests are penpals on the internet. Cons are a liberating opportunity to actually wear our shit.
>>
>>9155680
Thanks anon, I'd love to see!
>>
>>9154917
I disagree anon.
I'm extremely thin and small but Lolita gets so uncomfortable that I feel queezy. Wigs give me headaches, necklaces make my neck heavy, the simple pressure of elastic bloomers on my tummy makes me vomit and after a few hours I get migraines and just feel super sick.

I guess it sucks to be born with glass bones and paper skin.
>>
>>9155703
Okay. Lolita are my clothes and I use them as clothes. I live on a farm. Nobody who wears lolita is surrounded by like-minded people.
>>
>>9155695
Ms Honda founded the company and is at most big events. Candy is the Tokyo store manager and also does a lot of photoshoot styling. AP has shown 4 designers at fashion shows but not introduced the other two
>>
File: pop.jpg (612KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
612KB, 595x842px
I thought I'd like it from the preview, but....
>>
>>9156068
I love the cuts, I don't like the print.
>>
>>9156068
This is gonna be bananas. I can see it now. APs latest smash hit.
>>
>>9156068
I thought the name was Astro Benjimen at first and I'm disappointed that it's not that.
>>
>>9156068
Ms. Frizzle kei...
>>
>>9156068
I like the regular JSK that doesn't have that open side. But not in love and feeling like I MUST HAVE any of the cuts.
>>
>>9156068
yeah yeah, this is literally the thought process of every new AP release this year.

>ohhh I'm so excited
>dress comes out
>oh it's lame you guys I am so disappoint

That being said I don't like the OP cut. The partial shirring on the regular JSK is fucking bitchin, though. And the other JSK with full shirring, I am torn on. Mostly because of the random unaligned print due to them needed that bustle. (is that a bustle? it's so flat...)

I like the skirt set too but I don't think I could ever wear it. My first choice would be either JSK and I think I actually would be okay with a navy colorway for the first time ever. Usually AP navy is disgusting to me.
>>
>>9156072
Same, I hope they recycle the cuts for future prints because I'd really want a chocolate print in either JSK.
>>
>>9156105
bustles go in the back, that cut is just supposed to emulate the look of an exposed decorative petticoat.
>>
>>9153805
It's an original print from a taobao brand, but I forget which one.
>>
>>9156141
Hmm, how come people talk about that Guilty Meltin Sweets having a side bustle? There's no such thing as a front bustle?
>>
File: Kamikaze_Girls-011.jpg (58KB, 625x410px) Image search: [Google]
Kamikaze_Girls-011.jpg
58KB, 625x410px
>>9155703
Yeah I mean, who ever heard of wearing lolita in the countryside while not surrounded by other lolitas???
>>
>>9156072
I like the cuts, and I like the print, but I don't like this print in these cuts. They're too bold for each other, it looks a mess.
>>
>>9156141
Cool, but petticoats exposed in the back was never a thing, historically speaking. Once you hit the bustle phase of the late 1900s, they're just skirts swathed up with a foundation garment below for support, but it would have never revealed the petticoat in the back. Later on, when bustles got popular again, they were asymmetrical, so it's not farfetched to say that a bustle could be on the side. Petticoats were revealed in the like...1700s??? from the front (along with a revealed decorative stomacher), but that's when the term petticoat referred more to an underskirt rather than a foundation garment for keeping your skirt buoyant. Anyway, the lolita side bustle has more punk/goth influences. I highly doubt the inspiration for it is very historical at all.
>>
>>9156105
>Usually AP navy is disgusting to me

Probably because it's not navy, it's blue (ao), lol.
>>
>>9156252
>notthisshittoagain
>>
>>9156274
It literally says the colorways on it. It's all because seagulls can't read.
>>
>>9156068
Well fuck me.
I really liked this print and really the only release I was excited for.
Cut is Mehr, but still want.

But fuck I was to busy arguing wow logistics with the boyfriend.
Now cut and color I want is full.

I've been stalking this so hard too.
>>
>>9156284
No anon. Arguing over the semantics of color was pretty much a summary of a previous lolita gen. You might have missed it, being so new and all.
>>
>>9156288
I know. It was also the case of seagulls can't read. But I'm guessing that's you.
>>
>>9156290
Actually, one person said red when it was really
>WHINE
And that's pretty much all you just did, was whine over someone calling blue 'navy' instead of 'blue'
>>
>>9156295
Like I said, can't read.
>>
File: 1452203493702.jpg (44KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452203493702.jpg
44KB, 500x320px
>>9156297
>>
>>9156241
Never said that petticoats were exposed in the back, just that the frill cut of the JSK resembles the look of open-front gowns rather than bustles, late-Victorian or otherwise. The goth/punk bustles tend to be a lot more gathered and rufflier anyways. Exposed petticoats have been a thing since at least the sixteenth century and was still a thing in the 19th, just that the areas/amount exposed shifted around.

Also the term petticoat has always referred to a foundation garment of some sort, it's just that there have been times where they also doubled as being decorative. I was using the word in the traditional sense rather than the lolita one.
>>
>>9156068
I love that bustle jsk cut. I just don't think it goes well with this print at all. The print is also just not my style. Cute though.
>>
File: 1458038519948.jpg (108KB, 290x435px) Image search: [Google]
1458038519948.jpg
108KB, 290x435px
>>9156319
I really tried to find an example that illustrates your point about it being more common in punk but... I don't think that's wholly correct anon. I save all I can for punk and I have literally Not One picture of a big floofy side bustle.
>>
File: 1457729977092.jpg (62KB, 616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457729977092.jpg
62KB, 616x1024px
>>9156323
What I do see is a lot of play in layers and textures. Some blatant use of petticoats more-so as skirts than an under garment, but those are few and far between.
>>
>>9156323
>>9156325
I meant goth/punk fashion in general, not goth/punk lolita.
>>
>>9152829
Folded in a drawer, like the rest of my lolita wardrobe. I would hang them in my closet, but I did that with my first dress and found tiny little cat claw marks on it later that day. Never again.

I like animal ears. I like tasteful cat and dog ears, but my favorite are bunny ears. They're fucking precious. I would only wear ears in a coord with an animal print, though, or maybe for a holiday like Easter or Halloween.

That me. I was private about my hobby in my last state, so I only wore it to meet ups. It's too hot to wear it in my state, and I don't like sweating in my expensive clothes. No time to spend forever getting frilled up for trips to the store, either. Pretty sure people who do otherwise are the minority.

Packrat. I have so many things I need to sell, but I've never sold a thing because I'm too lazy to list them online. I will bring that shit to a swap meet, though.

97% brand bought secondhand, 3% bought new (only one dress out nearly 40 pieces, and only because I was afraid I'd never find it for less than retail after the preorder). I always buy online. Never bought a single Lolita-related thing in a store.
>>
>>9156288
Not that anon, but it literally has nothing to do with semantics. The image says アオ. It doesn't say コン or サックス. These are the color naming conventions that AP always used. Learn to moon at least a little bit before you get mad.
>>
>>9156367
Unpopular opinion apparently, but you can argue over moonrune semantics and guess what?
Navy is blue, who'd ever have known without this thread.
Golly gee whiz girls did we have ourselves a caper there!
>>
>>9156068
Finally a JSK cut I like, so simple. But sadly the print is not my piece of cake. This year AP didn't release anything I could get really excited about.
>>
>>9155583
If you are used to it not really. If it's winter I have to put thights under my jeans anyway so it's not that much quicker either and in lolita you get warm layers easier than in normie clothing. Atleast with my wardrobe.
>>9155703
I'm the other anon who wondered this and I live in Finland. I have few lolitas remotely near me but most of them are not that keen on meet ups and I don't see them often. The nearest comms are an hour away but the cost of travelling there is too much most of the time. Not to mention I live in countryside too so there isn't much more than a grocerystore in my village. I guess I just want to say that I find it odd why people wouldn't wear the clothes they like. I become incredibly sad if I can't wear mt dresses for a while and feel like it's a waste of money and space.
>>
>>9156369
AP divides its shades of blue using a naming convention that is almost consistent throughout their products. AP USA translates using the same naming convention. If it says アオ then it's blue and that's what AP will call it.

It doesn't matter what you personally call it. It doesn't matter if navy is a shade of blue. What matters is the naming standards that AP is using. They could call it petticoat stain brown for all that matters. We'd still use that naming convention for brown because it'd be the AP standard. Do you get it now?
>>
>>9152829
I have all in hangers in my closet. I think that's the easiest way when you have a bit bigger wardrobe as they will be all visible and it's easy to pick the one you want.

Animal ears. Not necessarily in the form of headaccessory but in the hoods and such.

That's weird and they are missing so much about the fashion. Each their own tho. However, I don't like the direction fashion is taking because of that.

Definitely a packrat. I need to get rid of something.

I have only one new brand dress at the moment and I bought that in a convention. I have also bought an other dress from a brand at convention but sold that already
>>
Will baby combine shipping on separate orders (same series/reserve?) I placed two orders for the aatp Halloween series because one of the items I wanted sold out, then I decided to get it in a different color way but I had already ordered my main piece on its own in case it was in danger of selling out. I've never had this problem before, if I have to pay for shipping twice that's okay but I would prefer not to you know?
>>
>>9151056
Gross
>>
Are there any london comms aside from the tea party club? I'm going to be going there for uni in a few months and I want to immerse myself in it.
>>
>>9156480
Not really. Pretty much all of London meets are posted in the TPC group.
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 483x651px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 483x651px
I was expecting a blood bath for this print..... And I was disappointed. But at least I was able to get the three dresses I wanted in my desired colors ways. I have no clue why the cat ear headress sold out so fast. That thing is a disaster for your head.
>>
>>9156524
I had an emergency over which I forgot to check the site. When I did this morning, everything I wanted was sold out. I honestly cried, since this was the first release this year I really loved. I calmed myself down by thinking it was a bloodbath and even if I checked in time, I would not have been able to get what I wanted. Now that I know that there was a good chance in getting the dress, I'm seriously pissed. Enjoy your dresses, though!
>>
>>9154373
Probably the petti, though the skirt's pretty long, going by the measurements.
>>
>>9155370
You might as well get a FB purely for Lolita updates. I mean, that's all I use mine for right now anyway
>>
>>9156068
I really like this one both print and color. Hopefully I can find it in secondhand quickly
>>
>>9156519
Oh that sucks. I was hoping for a smaller comm in the midst of the TPC. I probably wont be able to make friends if it's such a big group.
Is there a non-ita group like the New York comm?
>>
>>9156591
Not really. It's mostly just friends meeting up outside of that. The meetups usually aren't that big though so I'm sure you can make friends if you attend a smaller event. I had the same worry when I first joined but I did make friends pretty quickly.
>>
>>9156587
If you find it secondhand it'll be double the price
>>
>>9156583
Same. Lolita comm stuff and the occasional update from my kooky MIL who practically lives on FB. I hardly have any non-lolita friends on there.
>>
>>9156564
Another anon; I only bought the red JSK. I was expecting a fight to check out but the site was running at normal speed for me. Still, that particular cut/colorway looked like it was sold out in 5 minutes. If that was one of the items you were eyeing, it would have been difficult to get if you weren't there right on time.
>>
>>9156524
I'm still pissed they put the corset jsk up early before everything else. Every color except purple was sold out last night. I wanted to flip a table. Fuck you Baby for saying it would go up with the reserves.
>>
>>9156662
Yes, I wanted the red corset JSK. I'm hoping they might do a second round, seeing that it was so popular. I don't even want it for halloween, I just love the print and cut so much, as it reminds me of their better times.
>>
I've got a question about the round swimmer biscuit bags.
Which one is bigger? The one with the handles or the one with the strap?
>>
>>9156524

So happy I used an SS so I didnt have to worry. They confirmed that I got the colorway and cut I wanted. I'm really excited !
>>
Can someone help me remember the name of this print? I think it's from a taobao brand, it's Harry Potter themed and it has the hogwarts train on the front of the skirt. It comes as both a jsk and a skirt. I've searched lolibrary but couldn't find it, and Googling 'Harry Potter lolita skirt ' does not give good results.
>>
>>9157008
Are you referring to the one by Baby?
>>
File: wizarding platform jsk 1 wine.jpg (117KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
wizarding platform jsk 1 wine.jpg
117KB, 480x640px
>>9157008
>>9157011
Er rather AatP.
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/wizarding-platform-steam-engine-and-illusion-foggy-town-jsk-i
>>
>>9157008
Sounds like some fan+friend garbage
>>
>>9157021
Yes! Forgot it was by aatp. Thank you!
>>
I saw on the Lolita Updates group that AP Paris is already taking reservations for Astro Regimen? Can someone tell me how that's supposed to work? Are they treating it like a preorder or will some people be out of luck when they actually get stock in?
>>
>search for japanese lolita videos to learn more about lolita fashion in japan
>find this
>one girl is wearing Holy Lantern
>Holy lantern got released on 2015
>Video was posted on 2013
Timewarp so rori
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USj1UrOrFRM
>>
>>9156370
Which one? I like the print, might actually get the cheaper one if I can
>>
>>9157054
um, holy lantern was originally released in 2013. u okay anon?
>>
>>9157063
Oops, my bad, on lolibrary it said 2015.
Oh god, time flies by so fast...
>>
>>9157064
No, you're just a moron
>>
>>9157038
They're anticipating the blood bath..
>>
>>9155719
Just eat
>>
File: 1_53_26.jpg (93KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1_53_26.jpg
93KB, 600x700px
Can someone please explain why my HL zipper jsk's straps keep falling off my shoulders? I've got it BNWT so it hasn't been worn, but somehow the straps are so, uh, slippery I need to fix them every five fucking minutes.
random pic off Google depicting the problem
>>
>>9156386
OP here who said navy -- it's like a royal blue and yeah navy is much darker.
ANYWAY. I've never wanted that blue of anything, usually I will do sax but sometimes not even then. Not a huge fan of blue. Regardless of the shade.
>>
>>9156297
>expecting mentally challenged people to be able to properly name colors

What a bully.
>>
>>9157257
I have this problem too with the same cut but I don't know what to do either
>>
>>9157257
Same problem here. With a lot of dresses. I think it's because of the construction and if you short they are always to long.
>>
>>9157257
I have this problem a lot due to scholiosis. Just safety pin the strap from the inside of your blouse. I've never had problems after doing so.
>>
>>9157257
Do you stretch the shirring when you wear it? If it's not too big for you, then it's probably due to where the strap connects to the back when the shirring is stretched.
>>
>>9157115
Your sodium level is high friendo
>>
>>9157257
I have the same problem because I'm very very petite.
I just safety pinned the straps to make them shorter than the buttons allow and it works for me
>>
>>9156858
I preordered mine through the NYC store so I didn't have to deal with that bull shit. Got exactly what I wanted without the fight. But I also live within travel distance from the shop so I can jump on the in shop priority pre orders.
>>
What's the best way to buy direct from AP if you live in Australia?
>>
>>9157257
your shoulders might be too small. I have the same problem, but with a few other dresses. I'm generally too petite for the average dress. see if you can move the straps to almost the middle of your back. plus the fact that the fabric itself is quite slippery contributes to the falling off
>>
>>9157290

Person who originally replied to you about the blue. I actually just thought it was funny that this will not be the first "AP navy" you didn't find disgusting because of semantics, your track record of hating AP navy continues unbroken. Didn't really expect some salty newbie to start a fight over AP's naming conventions. No offence meant, really.

The ones who keep trying to say AP ao and AP blue are different things are oldfags. Once you've lived through multiple AP releases where they do both a kon and ao colourway (CDC, Twinkle Sky, Misty Sky re-release, Dream Sky re-release,), it becomes a habit to think of ao and kon as two completely seperate colourways, since you will actually end up with a completely different colourway if you wanted "AP navy" (kon) but kept tellling sellers you were looking for the dress in "blue" (ao) or vice versa, plus you'll never get anywhere if you're debating colourways and all the colourways are "blue", "blue" and "blue". It's really not like wine vs red where there's usually only one reddish colourway, AP has actually done releases that solely consist of 3-4 different shades of blue, so distinguishing between kon, ao and sax is important enough that it's sort of become ingrained in oldfags. That's really all there is to it.

Anyway. The blue is my favorite out of the lot, too, actually ao doesn't usually look this good, honestly (though this is coming from someone who usually prefers kon (navy) over ao (blue)). The ivory doesn't look half bad, either. Hope you get the items you want out of this release (if you decide to go for it, that is).
>>
>>9157604
The same way as everyone else, through their international website using Tenso.
>>
New General >>9157914
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.