[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Program guide for Sac Anime is up. Who's going and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 30

File: header.jpg (166KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
166KB, 900x300px
Program guide for Sac Anime is up. Who's going and what are your plans?

http://www.sacanime.com/

At the very least there's waaaaay less Character QA panels than last year.
>>
This is gonna be my very first SacAnime.
What should I expect in terms of lines, crowds, dealers hall, are the people there usually pretty lively?
I've only ever been to Fanime before and the energy at Fanime is usually pretty good, even if the last two cons weren't as interesting in terms of guests and panels and all that.

>what are your plans?
Cosplay and let my ego skyrocket.
>>
>>9150068
Going to be in the artist alley again this year. Hoping for a good time and good sales.
>>
>>9150145
The crowd is young I think its high school and early 20s. The energy is pretty lively but more in that hyperactive teenager lively as opposed to con lively. There much less interesting "inbetween" goings on then say Fanime so its harder to pass the time simply wandering around. I do recommend having a game plan and to prepare for the heat. Sacramento is notoriously hot and even the two block distance most hotels have is pretty brutal.

Also you're going to need to work a lot harder to find food.
>>
>>9150544
Seconding the note about the food, unlike downtown San Jose, downtown Sacramento doesn't have to many cheap familiar options. The Subway and 7/11 close by are always overwhelmed.

I do like to get myself some Munteans or a snack at the Greek festival next door though. And I budget to spend more money on food.
>>
>>9150766
There is a pizzahut about 8 or 10 blocks down from the convention center, along with an amazing bagel place next door for breakfast. If you have a car there's a safeway about 10 mins away on S st, along with Ryujin ramen which is fucking amazing and really cheap. Like $10 for a big ass bowl that will fill you up. They do get packed, but you can order take out.
Don't waste time with that subway, tastes like ass more than a normal subway.
>>9150145
It's a simpler con. Try to find panels, or other things you want to do. As for cosplay there is a lot of "meh" and "oh god why" because of the amount of younger kids. There is also a lot of awesome usually for summer though ( winter is a lot of refused summer)
I'm running the undertale meet friday morning, then in the masquerade as Linkle on saturday.
Any /cgl/ meets planned? I feel bad for always missing them
>>
>>9150818
What actually goes on at the /cgl/ meets?
>>
>>9150837
Usually they meet by the bar so I'm guessing drinking? Again I've missed all of them.
>>
>>9150818
If I remember correctly there's also a Pieology pretty close by as well. And yeah I've been to Ryujin, it's far enough that most weebs don't make it out there, and it's tasty.
>>
Doing a group love live crossplay with a few friends.
I let a friend of mine sleep over at my place for anime expo earlier this year, since he goes to school in sacramento now.
Hes returning the favor and inviting me there for sacanime. Pretty excited for it.
>>
>>9150166
What's your booth? I'll stop by and keow at you.
>>
>>9150544
>Work hard to find food
nigga, yelp is a thing.
>>9150766
>fast food and gas station
great suggestions homie.
>>
Places to hit up in Sac if you have a car and are an actual adult who can afford to go see and eat at cool places:

>Ginger Elizabeth
Sweets. Mostly chocolate and macarons
>The Shady Lady Saloon
Prohibition-era speakeasy. Really good food and decor. Also there are a bunch of cool restaurants on the same block
>Ramen House Ryujin
Someone mentioned this earlier. It's gonna get packed over the weekend, and I can't remember if they actually take reservations, but if you're doing a walk-in, prepare for a 30m-1hr wait at peak times
>Firehouse Grill
I think this is a chain, but it has pretty solid food
>Cafeteria 15L
This one's right behind the con center or something like that. Artisan and hipster shit, but the food is still really good and it's probably the best fare you'll find within walking distance of the con
>Fox & Goose
English pub food and drinks
>Rio City Cafe
Great for brunch, right next to the river
>>
Wanted to add for anyone looking for ramen, there are like 3 in sac, Ryujin is amazing, but there is one over on R street I believe that's by itself and uses "organic" stuff-DO NOT GO THERE. We went there before we discovered Ryujin and while it tasted good, just from our walk back (about 30 min walk) we all got super sick. Had to send husband out for pepdo for all of us.
>>
I suggest Coin-op or Oishii sushi/KTV for a meetup
>>
>>9152372
Are you talking about Shoki? That's the only other one I remember that I've been to around there.
>>
>Thread asking about Sac Anime con plans
>Majority of posts is about food

Is the con that dull?
>>
>>9153588
The con is what you make of it, people here are just planning ahead
>>
>>9153588
It's an in-between. If you have meet ups, panels or want to get autographs you've got stuff to do. The vendor hall is sometimes good, but lots of idiots stopping to take photos. Masquerade can be good, but since it's always changing who's in charge now it runs horribly a lot of the time. Last summer was a 5 hour wait, we couldn't see the show, and no one told us it was even over because we couldn't hear backstage.

We've still got the greek festival next door too, so lots of normies with weird looks.
>>9152653
Sounds familiar so it was probably that one.
>>
Just please god I hope I don't run into my horrible tumblr-tarded acquaintances.
>>
cafeteria 15L is even better if you hit it up during any of their happy hour times

I think it's a fun con, their guest panels are usually informative and lots of fun just hearing the stories they tell about the industry

toshio's late night panel is always fun as well and super chill to chat with at his booth
>>
Who's planning the /cgl/ meetups?
>>
>>9153680
When are people free generally each day? Usual meetup times are around 8pm at cons
>>
>>9154600
8 sounds about good, the Sheraton lobby/foyer area sounds like a good place to meet eh?
>>
>>9154600
>>9154612
Somebody mention going to a bar earlier in the thread.
>>
>>9154627
Once we meet we can go to the bars, nobody said officially to meet there, just that we're usually there
>>
>>9154701
I think last one the meet was set for the bottom area, outside the room where you get your passes from. Friday would be possible for me
>>
>>9154721
Sounds good, let's do that. Someone should make a sign like last time too
>>
>>9154627
>>9154701
I think the mention of the bar was literally the bar inside of the sheraton in the lobby

>>9154721
>>9154733
works for me at least
>>
File: 6875_original_1326058745291.jpg (71KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
6875_original_1326058745291.jpg
71KB, 395x450px
>>9152036
Sac has some dope food if you do a little looking
>nobody's talking about the balla-ass Greek food festival next door
>>
File: 1441766242136.jpg (130KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441766242136.jpg
130KB, 960x640px
>>
>>9155601
pretty sure the greek festival shifted weekends since the con uses the whole center now?
>>
>>9155777
Nope
http://sacramentogreekfestival.com/
>>
>>9155777
this is the last year we have to share/we were locked into sharing for 3 years because of planning, next summer one may be a different weekend to keep it more open for us.
>>
File: IMG_0596.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0596.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
it'll be my first Sacanime and 3rd con! Just went to Stockton con which was my first last weekend and going to Heroes and Villians this weekend. I was Franklin from GTAV.
>>
>>9155671
If these are our conlitas, I am not 100% looking forward to the tea party.
I'll go anyway, fuck it.
>>
>>9156160
Those look somewhat better than the current lolitas of the con, Thats the carpet from the older location isn't it?
Don't we have that pic where it's like 4 brand dresses and 15 itas and then a bunch of normies?
>>
>>9156309
At least the lolitas I saw at the meet I went to were all sweet people and well dressed.
No ideas where all of these people have come from, but hopefully the door price keeps the worst offenders at bay.
>>
>>9155671
that one in the blue on the middle right looks like her head is going to explode holy shit
>>
>>9156309
>Old location
Radisson or Scottish Rites Center?
>>
I live in sacramento and haven't gone since it was still at the scottish rite center, but I think about going every time it comes around

have I been missing out all these years?
>>
>>9156317
I would say you've been missing out, it's consistently a fun con for me at least ever since it moved
>>
>>9156317
It's gotten so much better since the move, I definitely recommend coming back at least once and at least to the summer con because that's when it's at it's best
>>
>>9155601
Fuck yes I'm looking forward to eating so much moussaka.
>>
So what are your plans /cgl/?
If you're gonna cosplay or dress up, who as?
>>
>>9157337
I'm gonna be wearing my Red Hood cosplay.
I'm really proud of it and I really like it, but I've worn it for a few years and I'm in the process of trying to make a couple new ones.
>>
File: IMG_0347.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0347.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9157337
>>9157434
I'm going to be Franklin from GTA saturday and Some form of Deadpool on sunday, Don't know if i'll dress up for the late night dance
>>
sac meetup gonna be the usual drug addict sausagefest?
>>
>>9157813
Yeah and the only one to show up is you gaylord
>>
>>9157846
Are people at SacAnime usually this rude?
>>
>>9158033
You must be new to cgl
>>
>>9158033
Nah, people at SacAnime are usually twelve.
>>
Any suggestions of what panels or shows to hit up?
>>
>>9158073
Friday:
Dante Basco, Older Cosplayer, Wendee Lee, concert, dance, Toshio

Saturday:
Power Rangers Turbo, John DiMaggio, Cosplay is Not Consent, Over30 Cosplay, Supernatural, Geek Fashion Show, Cowboy Bebop, CWF, Concert, Dance, Toshio

Sunday
Men of Voice, Women of Voice, Dante Basco, Closing
>>
>>9158126
The Cosplay is Not Consent is the most tumblr thing our con could have. Do other cons still even post stuff about it? Do their panels even change? They've had the same panel 3 cons now and I've only heard people talk about how much people use the word "triggered" in them
>>
>>9158126
>>9158152
Does anybody actually go to the "Cosplay is not consent" panels?
I mean; people who are functioning human beings already know not to be sexually harassing weirdos; and anybody who plans on going to a con to be a sexually harassing weirdo isn't gonna attend this panel because they're probably already aware that what they're doing is wrong but they do it anyway.
Who's gonna hear about this panel and say "Oh shit are you serious!? Y'mean to say I'm not supposed to grab all this booty?"
The whole idea of that panel seems a little inert.
>>
>>9158152
I think the more tumblr thing is cons having "safe spaces"

>>9158171
I've seen alot of men who don't realize when they take pictures without consent or put their hands over my shoulder that don't realize it's harassment
>>
>>9158202
I put my hands around their waist and pull them in tight
>>
>>9158202
Oh hell on the sac anime forms people wanted a cosplay fix it station with sewing machines and hot glue guns for free.
If your costume is falling apart so bad you need a machine fix, you didn't make it well in the first place. Glue guns I could understand for a small fee, but what happened to being prepared and bringing your own fix it kit?
>>
>>9156130
That means sacanime will be your first animecon
>>
>>9158033
Welcome to the Thunderdome, Newfag.
>>
only 4 more days!
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 343x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 343x357px
Are we still on for any /cgl/ meetups at this con?
>>
>>9163145
yeah look in the thread earlier
>>
>>9163145
fri 8pm, down on the hotel area outside where you pick up your passes.
>>
>>9163306
Thanks for arranging it Rii!

Is there going to be any sort of dresscode? Is anyone going to have a sign so we know which group is /cgl/? Should we bring anything?
>>
So what happened to all the fan panels? I heard that Sac canceled them all, is this true?
>>
>>9163898
I thought there are still some fan panels on the schedule.

If anything I think it's because there's less space during summer because of the Greek Festival using up so much space
>>
>>9163860
Nah just do whatever you want, someone will have a sign so look out for it!

>>9163306
Is there going to be a saturday one still?
>>
>>9164362
I'm up for a Saturday meetup also, I think as many people as can should attend the Friday one though and not just spread out between 2 meetups
>>
>>9163860
Not arranging, just what we all posted. Cause I'm horrible at actually showing up lol. No dress code from what I've ever heard. If it's not balls hot I may still be in my Frisk costume since I'm running that meet up on friday. I will have a wind waker bag either way though.
>>9163898
maybe everyone complaining about how shitty winters were made them rethink having so many shitty ask a character panels.

>>9164525
I know I can't do sat, I'm in the masquerade, then doing dinner. Hope it's not as shitty as last years joke/hell of a masquerade. I know it's in the same area.
>>
so I am pretty close to sac, it's close enough for me to drive up for a day (90 minutes away) but far enough that I don't think I could persuade any friends to tag along.

With that being said, do you think it would be easy to crash someone else's party and find a group of people there who'd be interested in just walking around the con, maybe using Pokemon Go as an excuse to explore the area around the hotel in the evening once the temperature cools down? Asking as a fairly meek kid who is somewhat softspoken (I am 21 but cannot drink due to asian genetics)

I often do this at bigger events like Anime Expo (just show up solo and find a group to tag along with, also much easier to do in at cons where I am a panelist myself) but sac-anime seems like a smaller con with less programming so fewer opportunities to spontaneously meet other people that I might click with. The only thing I see on the schedule that really interests me are the gaming tournaments and based on my experience those tend to be notoriously filled with smelly people
>>
>>9164525
>>9164600
We'll definitely do two gatherings then, same time on Saturday, same place
>>
>>9164730
You gave yourself away as a troll with the smelly comment, so here's your (you)

on the off-chance you're legit, just show up to the /cgl/ gathering since that's in the evening anyway

also give the voice actor panels a chance, often they're really fun
>>
Who's going to CWF?
>>
>>9153588
It's because Sacramento is full of landwhales. So there are lots of good places to break your non-existent diet.

But because landwhales are lazy & drive everywhere, they are scattered about.
>>
>>9164937
just the brolitas
>>
>>9164937
Hi G
>>
I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
>>
>>9159533
yea it will i'm really excited! Got an outfit for each day
>>
>>9167531
What outfit are you wearing each day?
>>
File: image.jpg (751KB, 2212x2945px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
751KB, 2212x2945px
hype for day 0!
>>
Anyone go yet?
>>
Big, fat and ugly. I hope everyone like me. I do my best not to talk.
>>
>>9168480
dude ur le epic xddd
>>
>>9168472
Sitting in my room and sewing.
>>
>>9168757
Drinking in my room at Sheraton, never to late/early to drink
>>
Is the con 24/7? What about drinking?
>>
>>9168927
I drink all con, booze is certainly allowed in Sheraton where they have the bar
>>
>>9167798
Today Is GTAV Franklin Friday. Saturday is MexiPool, And Sunday i'll be wearing a AoT Jacket/cape with a mask of some sorts. Will be at both late night dances. I always have an Emazing Lights Bag i'm easy to spot at the con
>>
File: 20160902_033515.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160902_033515.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Selling weekend wristband for $25 text 91654407twentynine
>>
Havent been here for a year. at the pokeman go fan gathering with a friend. Whats everyone up to
>>
>>9158171
Cosplay is not Consent should really be pushed toward the young crowd that spazz out at cons and *glomp* people. That and the creepy loner photographers that just want booty pics

>>9168472
I popped in today to get passes and I'm going tomorrow. I'll be at the Ladybug meetup as Adrien. I saw only two other people going as Ladybug characters but Saturday is the biggest day. Based on what I saw, the place will be decently full, and there really are more young inexperienced people here.

Sneak in food if you can. 8 bucks for shitty Takoyaki, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
About to head out there come find me!
>>
File: catboy.jpg (252KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
catboy.jpg
252KB, 1024x684px
Heard there is a fit asian dude doing shirtless cosplays that is inviting peeps to his hotel room at the Sheraton for photos and whatnot. Anyone got the room number or more info on this?
>>
How's the first day? Pictures please.
>>
>>9169435
Pretty decent over all. Fair quality cosplays everywhere. Can't take pics because too busy drinking now.
>>
Sacanime has so many furries. Ugh so gross.

Anybody going to lolita tea? How about that fucking clown shit trainwreck Natash approved?
>>
>>9169399
Fuck off slag
>>
How many of you niggas are here?
I'm right outside the entrance sitting down
>>
So I'm here for the meet up, where you guys at?
>>
>>9169587
The entrance of where you get badges*
>>
>>9169591
I got a hat with the American flag on it
>>
File: image.png (319KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
319KB, 640x1136px
Same who has a sign or noticeable cosplay? I'm in white suit
>>
2 peeps, this is pathetic
>>
I ran, I'm not sorry.
>>
>>9169609
You looked like you were gonna cry
>>
just a bunch or /fa/gotts at the meetup
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm here with the losers, anyone good coming to the meet?
>>
>>9169611
The only person who saw me was suit guy
>>
>>9169632
why didnt you meet with me then?
>>
Thinking of taking my friend to the Greek food festival tomorrow for lunch; anyone gone before and know if it's worthwhile? How do the patrons there respond to cosplayers? (ie will it be weird)
>>
>>9169644
Fuck you, you're not here
>>
>>9169650
All these flavors and you choose salty.
>>
>>9169669
Like your mom's vagigna :^)
>>
>>9169644
The food is pricey, but pretty good. They have a pretty good variety and the flavoring is solid.

I saw a smattering of cosplayers there last year and nobody seemed to bat an eye. They coexist peacefully
>>
You guys lucked out not going to the meetup just your usual naruto and bleach cosplayers that never post here because they have JUST enough awareness of how bad they are.
>>
>>9169644
I went today, the food is pretty tasty, but the main food vendor's lines are pretty long. I waited maybe 20 minutes.
>>
Shout out to the 5 actually cool losers who showed up day 1, all you other beta pussies made us laugh
>>
So cringy.
>>
>>9169789
I loved that you just didn't specify what exactly
>>
>>9169791
As a whole.
>>
>>9169712
>They coexist peacefully
The best description for my reaction to this phrase was "chortling." Thank you and >>9169783 for the information!
>>
File: 1472712531235.png (12KB, 358x414px) Image search: [Google]
1472712531235.png
12KB, 358x414px
>>9169794
Again nothing, well done stupid
>>
>>9169797
Do you really wonder why no one bothered to come and the one anon ran?
I'm seriously asking.
>>
>>9169803
Obviously we want details.
>>
>>9169808
we?
>>
File: image.jpg (662KB, 1727x2593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
662KB, 1727x2593px
Anyone meeting up tonight or is the convention confirmed autistic?
>>
First time, where do I go to pick up my badge?
>>
>>9170312
downstairs in sheraton
>>
>>9170238
I most definitely going again, shit was fun as fuck last night.
>>
Where are we meeting tonight?
>>
>>9170411
"we"
>>
>>9170238
Trust your instincts.
>>
Any femme girls coming to the meetup?
>>
>>9170644
Lolno
>>
>>9170644
Hahaha ah hah heheehetete. Nice joke.
>>
what are people dressed as?
>>
>>9170759
I'm gonna be dressed as Red Hood.

Is it gonna be the same place as last night?
>>
>>9170782
If I make it I'll be late, checking out the concert, I was the one with the booze. Sounds like the other /cgl/ people here at Sac are avoiding us kek
>>
Guessing no one showed?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2324x3100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2324x3100px
Outta the concert, I'll hang around the pit and gaming for a bit if anyone wants a drink.
>>
File: image.jpg (682KB, 2046x2730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
682KB, 2046x2730px
>>
>>9170850
That's my fuckin' roommate you have a picture of there...
>>
Last day today. Who got laid and who need help getting laid?
>>
Dead thread is dead
>>
>>9171061
no girls here in this thread bro, no one is getting laid

>>9171065
well I showed to both meetups
>>
Well i must be blind then since i didnt read a meet up place. My bad
>>
>>9171061
Was looking for a girl for a threesome, but didn't find one this time.
>>
>>9171072

>>9163306
>>9164525
>>
>got super astedic shota hat
what a fucking meme

who else cow playing as the green lantern?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
overwatch ruined cosplay
>d.va
lazy meme cosplay or some one just buying a morph suit
>mei
isn't fat in game but any overweight chick puts on a blue tank top and some glasses and has a cosplay

they just buy shit or put in the least amount of effort
>>
>>9171328
I just saw that nigga walk buy the autograph line.

>>9171350
Unfortunately that gets applied to just about any character for any cosplay.
>>
The Sac /cgl/ Comm: Five Guys, Hands on their thighs.
>>
>>9171517
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>9171523
Why would I take a pic of something so sad? Ask the cuck in the white suit for one.
>>
>>9171605
white suit from the ita meetup or the pleb meetup?
>>
>>9171614
PlebCon
>>
Sorry I didn't show friday. I bought the Star Wars Holiday Special and was doing a drinking game with friends to it.

I'll have photos to upload in a bit, need a nap to recover first
>>
>that mlp music pony with the gay ass """"bass cannon"""" blasting super shitty dubstep

if you go here

I hate you
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 748x797px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 748x797px
Anyone know anything about this?
>>
>>9171700

I heard about it, but don't know anything.
>>
>>9171621
Sorry didnt take any pics of the pleb meetup, both dudes were chill though.
>>
>>9171700

Wat. Any proof?
>>
>>9171700
Glow sticks at best just cause irritation to the throat/mouth if they're swallowed so did this kid drink like a whole 100 pack of them or what?
>>
>>9171700
prof?
>>
>>9171700
No but earlier that day a lady had a seizure and was brought out on a stretcher
>>
>>9171914

Jfc all the sjws screaming while that was happening was awful.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 498x1418px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 498x1418px
anyone else notice this guy every fucking year
>>
any good photos of the jojo gathering?
>>
>>9172001
If you want photos, the facebook group is where to look. A ton of photo dumps were dropped
>>
>>9171994

What about him? He just wants his picture taken with people.
>>
File: IMG_0219.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>9172001
I got a few
>>
>>9171914
>>9171956
i actually recorded the part where they were taking her in a stretcher. i think i was the only one recording.
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (826KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
826KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: IMG_0233.jpg (999KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.jpg
999KB, 1920x1080px
>>9173573
>>9173665
>>
File: IMG_0281.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>9173669
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (966KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
966KB, 1920x1080px
>>9173671
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2339x3117px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2339x3117px
>>
File: image.jpg (565KB, 1444x2129px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
565KB, 1444x2129px
bang
>>
>>9173717
This dude showed up at Leatherbys. That was fun.
>>
>>9173725
With the awesome White Walker he was with too. She was on point.
>>
>>9171700
There has been no proof to back this up, and I am very weary to believe that a single glowstick straight up murdered a kid stupid enough to drink it.
Also, there's word that the homeless dude mentioned most likely started this rumor. I figure if you're pathetic enough to not home yourself or your dog (while still attending conventions), you're pathetic enough to start a stupid rumor like this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (965KB, 2620x2073px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
965KB, 2620x2073px
>>
>>9171994
He's approached me a few times before, asking for a photo, one time while I wasn't cosplaying.
He's pretty harmless, just a polite guy who wants his photo taken with people.
>>
>>9171994
there's a lot of "every con cosplayers"
him, that guy who is always Ash with a pikachu plush who did the masquerade a few times and likes to talk about his costume and how much he feels like Ash (he's a nice guy but creepy at the same time) and the girl who is always Edward Elric without a wig and the same unimproved jacket (she went to my highschool and it's the same jacket from 10 years ago)

I'm more pissed I got a cold when I was the only one in my group who took emergenc and went to bed before midnight each night.
>>
File: IMG_1916.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1916.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
I was looking so hard for a Felix cosplayer. We were dying when we finally saw one.
>>
>>9175031
Anyone remember forever Jiraiya?
>>
>>9175066
Holy shit, feel train. I didn't know he died.
>>
>>9173595

I wonder if any of the stupid shrill sjws realized that their constant screaming probably made the person who had a seizure feel worse?
>>
>>9175066
one of my friends was a huge naruto cosplayer and came to the masquerade the year they did the memorial video for him and cried the entire time. He was also boombox Xemnas, and when I realized that I cried along with him.
>>
So I just want to give a personal vent about this con, this con despite what anyone says at least used to be fun to at least hang with friends and drink. Nowadays especially this last weekend it felt pretty dead

I don't think it's worth 50 bucks or even less, even when I'm with my friends or when I'm just checking shit out the con felt like it's missing something it used to have. Nothing really gave back, it was just autists everywhere and no good panels.
>>
>>9175509
You didn't like any of the voice actors or Toshio's panel? Those were pretty fun I thought.

I will agree the con has no major draw though, also I was surprised to see that it looks like they got rid of alot of their paid staff in favor of con volunteers.
>>
It was fun but the con is dying. It went from anime to steven universe and Disney. Everything is super kid friendly, I got called out for adjusting my bra strap. Hopefully winter holds up.
>>
>>9175826
I agree about the con dying a bit. I think the con head just doesn't put in any effort anymore because they run so very many events now. The kid friendly thing is true as well with the con slashing more of the fan panels and late night stuff. Also the con I've gotten hassled by staff the most over commissions in AA
>>
>>9175884
it's been dying for a while now because people don't offer suggestions on the forms other than entitled kids thinking the con should hold their hand and give free parking.
Panels took a huge dive this time because of the greek festival. Hell even meet ups took a dive cause no one applied for some of the big name ones.
>>
>>9175509
Yeah last winter and this summer felt like there was a dive in attendees... From an artist alley standpoint at least, either people have less money to go around or just less people overall.
>>
>>9176105
Probably less attendees. This was my first SacAnime but I've never seen a con so dead on a Friday. For AA a lot of people are saying that summer is usually better sales wise, but this years winter was particularly awful and summer was somehow even worse. They're definitely lying about their attendance numbers.
>>
>>9171700

This would have made the news if it were actually real. Plus one glow stick most likely won't kill you. It'll still be awful for you obviously and you should never do it
>>
>>9176122
True, I remember the previous summers and winters I did have been fine traffic wise. Just something about 2016 isn't bringing as many people I guess. There were times where nobody was passing through the row I was sitting in and I wasn't in a bad spot either. I do feel like we almost have too many artists or too many dead spots of no traffic in the halls.
>>
>>9175509

This weekend was bad for Sac as so many high quality events were also going on that day.

>>9175884
>>9175942
Why was this sac anime worse for panels? Previous years were filled with character QAs and Homestuck getting multiple panels. This year was a lot more toned down, no character QAs.

Friday guide
http://www.sacanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/sas16_Friday_grid.jpg

Saturday Guide
http://www.sacanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/sas16_Saturday_grid.jpg

Meanwhile the panels offered now were a good mix of interactive panels (Murder Myster RPG) Industry Focused (Voice acting and podcst) and some SJW (Cosplay not consent)

There's a real solid list here and nothing is doubled up. How is this worse than what it was before?
>>
>>9176248
There were a lot of artists. I remember going down about 5 rows and thinking I was almost done to only realize I had another 5 to go or more. It made it near impossible to find things again.

>>9176293
I was amazed there were only 3 ask a character/fandom panels since that was just about everything from winter. Plus the guy running the meet ups said he had to make sure no panels were at the same series meet up time and it was hard, really 3 panels and 3 meet ups were hard to not overlap?

They're really trying to push that kpop battle stuff too. Is that any good? Was the shit rave better this time than last as well?
>>
Something seemed off about the non-Main-Events panels - namely, that I couldn't find the panel rooms. I tried to visit two different panels on Friday and Saturday, but both times
>program booklet and Guidebook app say that the panel is in [xx] room
>go to the room
>it's a closed-off room (nothing happening there) or it's an autograph room (???) for some reason
>no posted signage of "hey the panel room has changed, go to [xx] room instead"
Volunteers and staff didn't seem to know any better, either. It was really frustrating that the only panels I could attend (that lined up with where they were located in the booklet) were the ones in Main Events.
>>
It felt a little dead, but I still had a good time. The rave was shit. They had completely different DJs than what was printed. But the crowd seemed to enjoy it, so who am I to complain?

Did anyone go to cosplay wrestling? That gets better everytime. The crowd & room was smaller than it was at Fanime, but it was just as good.
>>
>>9176419
The guidebook not getting updated made no fucking sense at all.

Was SacAnime bought out by another company or something? I didnt see their usual paid staff around at all
>>
>>9176446
We made it to cosplay wrestling, and while it was fun, the energy was nowhere near compared to Fanime's. Though, I guess that's expected. Most of the excitement came from the front of the audience, whereas at bigger cons, it's the whole crowd.
I think most people were just there for their first time, and didn't know what to do. Fun though.
>>
>>9176569
Many first timers were treating the event like a show as opposed to a wrestling event. It's ok to cheer, boo and talk out of turn and generating chants is what makes it fun.

Bigger cons work because there's more people and that many of the people who show up are veterans so they know whats to be expected.
>>
>>9171956
What were they screaming? were they screaming at her? I got to the con right after it happened.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.