[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of people who don't take out their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (109KB, 600x954px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 600x954px
What is your opinion of people who don't take out their facial piercings for cosplay? Do you think it looks good, bad, or are you indifferent?

Personally, I think unless your character is the type to have piercings, it looks worse than a 300-pound fatty dressed as Yoko. Nothing screams TRASH louder than metal poking out of your face.

>inb4 butthurt

Just my opinion.
>>
Barely even noticed.
>>
who gives a shit? like or dislike whatever you want! there's a new thread like this every week.
>should fat people cosplay?
>should you know the source material before cosplaying?
>should old people cosplay?
Certain stuff might not look good to me personally but that doesn't mean I care if people choose to do it. If you have to make a whole thread just to say "wah I don't like this", you might need to get a life.
>>
If it's very noticeable I think it looks trashy. Sometimes they fit the character and sometimes they're subtle enough that they don't really make a difference, but the big obvious ones look bad. Especially septum rings. Septum rings never look good. Just wear a retainer.
>>
Depends on the piercing and the cosplay. In most cases, a clear retainer is a fine replacement for more flashy jewelry.

Also,
>says something intentionally offensive, guaranteed to upset someone
>it's just like, an opinion, guys!
Right into the garbage you go.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 280x400px
>>9146362
>on 4chan
>tells others to get a life
>>
>>9146362
>fat
>old
Neither of these are things you can change within a minute, unlike replacing a piercing with a clear retainer.
>>
>>9146373
One piercing isn't the end of the world. I barely even notice when other people have piercings unless it's a whole face full, which I never really see. To me, it's nothing more than being nitpicky
>>
Depends on the size and place of the piercing. Like a tiny little silver stud on someone's eyebrow isn't gonna ruin it for me, but a septum ring will.
>>
If it doesn't fit the character it looks gross...which is usually the case

>>9146367
oh boo hoo hoo, why don't you and your ugly metalface go back to your safe zone on tumblr?
>>
I don't think there is much that matters less than this
>>
so op do you like regularly fly into a rage seeing pierced ppl on the street, or are you just this autistic abt the purity of yr ~precious animes~
a whole thread abt yr pet peeve was definitely necessary
>>
File: qoinfoasdv89qrfo.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
qoinfoasdv89qrfo.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
grait bait mait
>>
As a photog, it sucks. I'm never sure whether to photoshop it out or not and no one ever says, so I just let it be. They look pretty ugly and distracting imo, and I don't understand why people would keep them so visible.

I don't like eyebrow piercings or any sort of dermals. Never ran into a septum piercing, but I personally like them so I wouldn't think they're ugly. Snake bites are really, really trashy and possibly the worst. Small nose piercings like OP's image are pretty decent looking, same goes along with gauges since they're pretty normalized now and usually not as visible, and any other ear peircing.

They're just distracting is all. Why would you want to put so much work into a cosplay to have people look at your peircings? When the peircings fit the character, it looks pretty damn nice though. It adds a little personal touch.
>>
Take them the fuck off. They look distracting, trashy and disgusting. There's literally no excuse for you not to either take them out or use a piercing retainer if you seriously claim your hole will heal shut in 5 hours.

>>9146362
What the fuck has happened to /cgl/. Get the hell out of here moralfag.
>>
i have a really thin nose ring that i often forget is even there, so most of the time i get dressed up and get to the convention and realise it's still in.

>>9146366
you don't even need to wear a retainer. if you've got a horseshoe ring in just flip that shit up, takes two seconds.
>>
>>9147655
Why not just ask the person? If you've arranged shoots with them, just ask what their preference would be. If it's a random, don't bother.
>>
If a cosplayer has a septum piercing visible, I don't take photos of them, period. If you want to look like you have a sparkly snot hanging out of your nose, that's your deal. But I'm not going to waste editing time trying to shop out said sparkle snot.
>>
Girl I know never takes out her septum or gross ear plugs. They look so bad especially when she's trying to pass as Ene, I shot with her because I love the character, but it was sloppy, hard to Photoshop, it's not going to hurt to take it out just once for a photo shoot right? Much less feel as though you're not getting publicity or you're no one's "headcanon" like she complained the whole time. Maybe it's the lack of effort, girl...
>>
>>9147720
>ear plugs
I agree with you that ear plugs are gross but if they're big it'll look worse if she takes them out.
>>
>>
>>9146355
Disgusting.
That cosplay is super cringy as well.
>>
>>9147798
You can get silicon hider plugs in skin tone or wooden plugs - they aren't usually a perfect match but much easier to shoop than contrasting ones.
>>
>>9146355
It depends. I don't think it's a big deal in that photo. It probably would have been better without, but it's not make-or-break there. The ones that really screw everything up are any kind of lip or eyebrow piercing. Those just look (and are) dirty all the time no matter what.
>>
>>9146362
>>should fat people cosplay?
Not if their character isn't morbidly obese (even then, I'd rather they just didn't go at all, they ruin conventions)
>>should you know the source material before cosplaying?
Of course!
>>should old people cosplay?
Sure, there's been some really great old people cosplays. And they tend to have less of a "I want attention because I participated" attitude than shitty cosplayers do.
>>
I think it's lazy.
I've never understood what excuse people have when skin coloured and "invisible" temporary piercings are easily available, even for bigger holes.
>>
>>9147916
In this case the piercings actually complement the attention whore with daddy issues aspect of the costume.
>>
>>9146373
Actually, I've a silver ring in my ear that takes a good 10-15 minutes to take out. The closing mechanism is made to be difficult to open because for medical reasons I can't wear jewelry I have to change often, or that comes off too easily.

If you've facial piercings this can be even more of an issue, since those are more prone to infection.

>>9147655
I cosplay maybe two weeks total in a year; I'm not going to abandon my style the other fifty for the sake of a hobby.
>>
>>9147990
Maybe don't get piercings if you have known medical complications surrounding it? Grow up.
>But, m-muh individuality!
If you think piercings are an important part of who you are, you're retarded. You're no better than somebody who smokes because they think it makes them cool.
>>
>>9147990
>muh style
Do you wear wigs when you cosplay? Character-appropriate makeup?
>>
>>9147946
I like how you replied answering those questions when their whole point is that no one gives a shit what some random thinks
>>
>>9148012
Clearly they do, with how defensive people ITT are being.
>>
>>9148013
As they should. A little self-awareness goes a long way.
>>
who gives a shit
>>
When they're visible it breaks the immersion IMO. OP's pic is a perfect example, the piercing (and the makeup) destroys the illusion the character is supposed to be from medieval-fantasy media. I don't get why everyone is so butthurt ITT.
>>
>>9148067
except piercings have been a thing for thousands of years so
>>
>>9147998
You're missing my point. It's a piece of jewelry I enjoy, it looks good on me and compliments my everyday look. It's not a medical problem, BECAUSE I don't have to worry about removing it or it coming loose! Just like I'm not going to shave my eyebrows for cosplay, I'm not going to stop wearing jewelry for cosplay. It's not about being a special snowflake, it's about liking a look and prioriting my every day life feeling and looking good over those fourteen days a year where removing it is a bother and literally no one that matter to me cares either way. How you think that's the same as smoking because aesthetic is honestly beyond me.

>>9148013
It's getting tiring seeing these threads, and to me it's more about a general attitude problem than body mods in particular. I even agree with enjoying cosplays less if there are facial piercings/tattoos that don't particularly fit the character. There's nothing I hate in cosplay quite as much as dudes refusing to shave their facial hair, but unless someone is a professional I'm not disillusioned enough to think that they should cater to my tastes and my ideas about what makes a good cosplay.
>>
RatchetQueen is the worst. She has a face full of piercings and they never for any of her cosplays
>>
>>9147619
>>9147619
Do you need some Advil for that ass pain?

You're the one having the autistic meltdown here sweetheart. Someone thinks your jewelry is ugly, who gives a shit?
>>
>>9147926
Deets? I just found her picture when I was Googling Legolas cosplay for inspiration.
>>
>>9147946
yeaaah these where examples of threads that have been cropping up lately, not actual questions.

Anyway, point is, do whatever the hell you want. Yes, a lot can be distracting but at the end of the day I just won't take a picture and move on. I have one piercing. It's a septum (not a ring, just a curved barbell). It's barely visible even in my day to day life and people often ask me where I got it done because it's not distracting and compliments my face. I haven't had one person even notice when I don't hide it for cosplay photos. Some piercings are just easier to disguise than others.
>>
>>9146355
Normally it's trashy, but when you're in an already shitty cosplay like OP pic, it doesn't make much of a difference
>>
>>9148170
Why do you care so much that someone have different ideas of beauty from you? Are you really that insecure about your own looks?
>>
Septum piercings look bad in general. But at least there's an easier way to identify the tryhards now.
>>
>>9147608
>thinks I'm crying over someone not liking piercing

More like it takes a weak-ass bitch to whine about how awful something is, then say, "b-but that's just my opinion!" If you hate something so strongly, have some backbone.
>>
>>9146355
It looks stupid and trashy every time. But let them do what they like.
>>
>>9148423
how does a piercing make you a tryhard? genuinely curious
>>
If somebody is cosplaying at a con or a meetup or something like that then I don't really care. It's only when we're talking about professional photography that it irks me, but even then the most I can muster is mild annoyance.
>>
>>9148317
Why do you care that I think your jewelry is ugly? Am I, a random anonymous person on the internet, making you insecure about your looks?

Everything else aside, the main reason I post threads like this is because I love the butthurt that follows. I don't really care that much.
>>
>>9148141
lol i know who exactly you're talking about.
>>
>>9148688
Admitting you're a troll kinda defeats the purpose
>>
>>9148705
Well I'm bored of this thread so I don't see the need to drag on the argument any further.
>>
I have stretched lobes, so even if I take out my jewelry I have giant holes in my ears. Instead I always try to get jewelry I think is complementary to the costume and looks like it could be a part of it.
>>
Not everyone is cosplaying to perfectly portray the character.

Sometimes they just wanna do something fun from a series they like.
>>
>>9148072
The makeup though. Where in the Tolkien films does Legolas have whore makeup? Where would he even have access to eyeliner or sparkly lipstick on his quest?

That bothers me more than the piercing.
>>
>>9148740
I can sort of forgive the OP cosplayer because it looks more like she's doing a genderbend of Legolas than trying to be straight up Orlando Bloom. And since it's genderbend anyway the piercings are whatever.
>>
>>9148744
I'd only forgive it if she had her tits out, which she doesn't.
>>
>>9148748
>tits out genderbend
>cgl complains
>non-tits out genderbend
>cgl complains
>>
>>9148428
>"b-but that's just my opinion!"
hahaha that's the exact typestyle sjw's use, just like your willingness to make stuff up. Where did i say it's just my opinion? I straight out said it's gross.
Go on tumblerina, go back to your safe zone where no one can upset you.
>>
>>9148838
>cgl is one person
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>9147938
ok did not know that
>>
>>9148688
It's loving the butthurt that makes you a loser.

Get a more interesting hobby.
>>
>>9147990
it's an earring and since half the population has it, no one cares.
Did you just post here to be special?
>>
the only reason I don't have a belly piercing is because of cosplay
>>
Piercings (except for earrings) and tattoos aren't tacky imo, but they do scream 'I'm a badass'. It's on the opposite side of the 'I'm sweet and innocent' scale. So I never really understood people cosplaying the sweet and innocent type of characters with tattoos/piercings. It just makes the character not that sweet and innocent looking anymore.
>>
>>9149034
I have a friend with a lip piercing. She doesn't specifically cosplay cute characters but looks kind of cute on her own and somehow her lip piercing makes her appear even cuter...I don't know how. It's not that i'm biased because I usually don't like piercings.
>>
>>9149038
you want to fuck her therfore you are biased.
>>
>>9148913

You're literally retarded. Got it. Does your aide know you're on 4chan?
>>
>>9148838
Except I'm one of a select few seagulls who loves titty cosplays

If you gonna genderbend you might as well go all the way
>>
>>9146355
Unless the character they are cosplaying has them too I hate it.
Using piercings everyday and not taking them out is equally as ridiculous as not using a wig because you don't use it everyday.
Specially bad when it clashes a lot with the character.
>>
>>9148927
The fact that you got trolled by OP and now are looking for excuses to continue the fight makes you a loser.
>>
>>9149114
>equally ridiculous as not using a wig
Most people agree now that using natural hair works sometimes. Especially with characters like Sailor Moon.

It's only the people with flat, frizzy hair that need a wig on most occasions.
>>
>>9148692
>>9148141
Who?
>>
>>9146355
Does anyone know what material her cape is?
>>
>>9149618
Micro suede apparently. I thought it looked like flannel.
>>
>>9146355 The same way I feel when women wear bras and underwear when they cosplay in form fitting suits. It's fucking stupid, don't wear that shit underneath. Likewise, take out your facial piercings.
>>
>>9149637
Thanks!
>>
>>9149070
>literally
now this is getting ridiculous, are you doing this on purpose?
>>
>>9149069
n-no homo
>>
If you have facial piercings you are scum. I don't care if you take them out for cosplay.
>>
>>9146355
Just use photoshop
>>
File: dakota rose_coolvscute.jpg (145KB, 475x348px) Image search: [Google]
dakota rose_coolvscute.jpg
145KB, 475x348px
>>9149038
I wonder how that works for her. Lip rings mostly make people look more bad-ass/alternative/cool. Which is why I think Dakota Rose dropped hers when deciding to go for the 'sweet cute' type of look.
>>
>>9150228
Well it was a ring at the side like pic related. I guess it was just her smile that made it cute?
Not gonna post her pic since friends don't post friends on 4chan.
Actually pic related makes it look kind of cute too, maybe I just have a weak spot for lip rings with cute smiles, heh.
>>
>>9150241
woops, forgot my no homo
>>
>>9148748
>>9148740
> whore makeup
> blended eyeshadow and lipgloss
> complaining that it makes the cosplay inaccurate
> elves are known for being gorgeous beings
> implying her tits out wouldn't be inaccurate
> commenting on the appearance of others when you're a disgusting misogynist
>>
>>9150358
Not even the female elves wear makeup like that.
>>
>>9150358
>>9150447
So? Calling it whore makeup is extremely rude.
>>
>>9150449
She's wearing makeup exactly like JNig therefore it's whore makeup.
>>
>>9150451
You're assuming Jessica is a "whore," which itself is a term derived from misogynistic cultural norms, by the makeup she wears? You sound like an idiot, who needs to fit everything into little bubbles to survive.
>>
>>9150453
Jessica is a whore.
>>
>>9150455
She uses her physical appearance and skill to craft cosplays that people want to see? Are you jealous she's a pretty girl who can be pretty and enjoy her hobby while making money without being a disgusting slob? There is something inherently shameful about using your beauty? Simple minds.
>>
File: image.jpg (409KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409KB, 2048x1365px
>>9150458
Nah, Jessica's a whore and even she knows it. Only difference between her and OP is she gives us something worth looking at (tits).

You are getting really mad for no reason.
>>
>>9150465
Whats the big deal? You want tits, then call girls whores when they show them? Truly, a symptom of the undeserving patriarch; attempting to keep women down at all times.
>>
bla bla bla patriarchy bla bla bla im ugly as shit so i defend cosplay whores on the internet to feel good about myself
>>
>>9150470
Nice strawman there pal, but this just proves your small brain can't think of anything better to say. Next time keep your comments to yourself.
>>
>>9150468
Because all women are whores, including you.
>>
>>9150472
And all men are pigs who call women whores, right? Here's your next (You).
>>
>>9150473
I guess you don't monitor the post count?
>>
>>9150476
If two people are posting the exact same idiotic opinion, isn't it fair to address them as a single idiot rather than many?
>>
File: image.png (155KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
155KB, 750x1334px
>>9150479
No, because it's you that's the idiot.

No one gives a shit about the patriarchy on 4chan.
>>
>>9150471

i literally just shit posted 1 comment so you could cry more. are you a feminist?

>this just proves your small brain can't think of anything better to say

or a lonely neckbeard white knighting talentless women
>>
>>9150481
>>9150480
>>9150480
But it's OK to call women you don't even know whores, right? It's only jarring when someone speaks out against it. I don't care if you're one misogynist or 5, it still sickens me people feel entitled throw around brave assumptions, then act like a baby when someone says something. What if I'm a feminist? Are you a misogynist?
>>
>>9150484
Get off 4chan whore
>>
>>9150489
Cut off your dick and put it in acid, stupid brute, so future generations don't have to endure your stupidity.
>>
>>9150493
ooh la la
>>
>>9150472
Sure, just don't get pissy when they don't feel like wasting their time on some jerkoff calling them whores.
>>
Wtf is going on in this thread?
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 700x520px
>>9150504
It's just a normal Friday afternoon.
>>
Some people wear a costume not because they want to be seen as the character but because they just want to wear the clothes and have fun in a silly costume.

Not everything needs to be about pinpoint accuracy
>>
>>9150496
Quit feeding the troll, moron.
>>
>>9150228
lip ring in the right place produces a similar effect to yaeba
>>
>>9150358
When people wear heavy makeup like that it means they're trying to mask their ugliness, so it's not beautiful. Think every MtF and insecure high schooler ever. The actors who played all the elves had on really natural makeup that makes their faces appear bare.

Elves are supposed to be naturally beautiful while this genderbent Legolas cosplayer looks cheap and fake. Nope, not accurate.
>>
>>9148722
This. Some people are there to enjoy the con and wear a costume because it's fun.
If they're in the Masquerade, or doing pictures then yeah take it out.
But if someone's on the con floor just walking around and enjoying themselves, who cares?
>>
>>9149107
.... And why would a character turning into a girl make them take their tits out? It's still the same character and outfit, just a different gender. Why on earth would boobs need to be out?
>>
>>9151237
>elves are supposed to be naturally beautiful
ELVES AREN'T REAL. This whole thread has turned into shit and it wasn't even good to begin with.
>>
>>9151287
Gee...where have I heard this before?
>Hobbits aren't REAL so why can't they cast blacks and muslims to play them?
>>
>all these people whiteknighting a shitty cosplayer

What happened to old /cgl/
>>
>>9150458
m'lady is strong with this one.
>>
>>9150458
Not sure if one of Jessica's fanboys, Jessica herself, someone else that got in the same bussiness or just some random SJW
>>
>>9151583
>Jessica herself
>implying a famous cosplayer wastes time to shitpost on /cgl/
oh you
>>
>>9146355
damn, a nose ring and a eavy makeup for a legolas cosplay, now she is more close to mikitaka in jojo than a elves

but to answer the subject : when you are at con it doesn't bother me but for a competition or a photo shoot it suck a bit
>>
>>9153565
you're new, huh?
>>
>>9153565
Posting on 4chan is how 90% of famous cosplayers got famous, anon.

Usually in the form of selfposting, but self defense is another.
>>
>>9150472
Maximum bait
That or maximum retard but I'd like to hope for men in the world.
>>
I could care less. They can do what they want.
>>
I have a few different facial piercings, and depending on the character I'll take them out. If I'm cosplaying a character who is as edgelordy as me, or the cosplay was just purchase and put on, I'll leave them in.

It also depends on what time it is at the con/if I have a photoshoot. Sometimes I'll even cover up holes with latex (though only because mine are very well healed and I know that it won't upset my skin/holes.

It's a combination of how much effort have I put into this cosplay, and do I actually care about accurate pictures. 50% of the time they're out.
>>
File: vlBBN.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlBBN.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>9162540
>hope
>for men
don't waste your time anon.
>>
>>9150465
>fakes
>>
>>9150465
SHE DOESNT EVEN HAVE ANY. MOVE ON. Thread is derailed, anon keeps reviving it with their troll. mods delete thread already.
>>
I personally feel that sometimes piercings add to the character, Like if you're doing a bikini shoot and it makes sense that your character would have a navel piercing etc

Other than that I'd say retainers would just work better although I get it's hard to take out some piercings
>>
>>9151299
Since this thread was beating a dead horse to begin with who cares if it gets derailed.

On that note, why wouldn't it be ok to have hobbits with *gasp* MELANIN?
>>
>>9164342
Because hobbits aren't black.
>>
Men and women with piercings are just looking for attention. Why would they remove them when cosplay itself is an activity of seeking attention.
>>
>>9150465
Hey, remember that comic where the Joker was a woman?
>>
>>9162973
>could care less
>not couldn't
Anon, if you wanted to make a point instead of sounding like a dumbass, fix your grammar.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.