[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How big a part of your life is Lolita? Like, is it your favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: NFFJSKI-navy.jpg (110KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
NFFJSKI-navy.jpg
110KB, 480x640px
How big a part of your life is Lolita? Like, is it your favorite thing in the world or just a fashion you're casually fond of? How big of a part of your identity is it?

I would say it's the most important thing in my life besides the absolute closest people to me. It's also one of the biggest elements of my identity.
>>
It's a big part of my life in that I spend money on it whenever I can, and I almost always get a main piece for Christmas. A lot of my close friends are people I've me through the fashion, and I've ended friendships with people who were super vocal about how much they disliked it.
I don't wear it as much as I used to lately however, and although I wouldn't consider it a big part of my identity, I'm always surprised when I'm recognized when I'm wearing normie clothes. I guess I feel a bit like Chicken Boo.
>>
It's what I spent most of my money on other than all the normal financial responsibilities. Other people around me spent their money on beer every weekend and I don't so I can spent that money on lolita. I wouldn't say it's part of my identify per se, I mean I would be the exact same person without lolita. But I think I'm quite materialistic. I also spent a lot of time and money on making my house look cute etc. When I have extra spending money I like to go to Paris to shop (I live in Germany). I have to wear a suit to work but I use lolita blouses. It makes me happy so I don't think it's bad to be so materialistic.
>>
I'm a daily Lolita, so it's a massive influence on my daily life. The only times when I'm not wearing Lolita are when I am sleeping, working out, or getting fucked.
>>
File: tumblr_nzn8p5pmFt1qa217to2_1280.jpg (81KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzn8p5pmFt1qa217to2_1280.jpg
81KB, 570x760px
For the first year or so when I got into it, I lived and breathed lolita fashion. I was really obsessed with it. Now that I've settled in I've relaxed a lot more and some times other things in my life take priority. I get really excited about the fashion though and always become passionate when attending meetups, talking with other lolitas, making accessories, or things like that. Right now I only wear it to meet ups or if I'm going out and feel like being fancy.

I find it hard to motivate myself for day to day wear since I would have to change clothes a dozen times. Things I need to do in a day and hobbies are way too messy for my dresses, I'd definitely ruin them and get permanent stains and things. (cooking, work with resin, acrylic paint, sculpting, etc)
>>
I think about lolita daily and buy/sell about once a month but I have a lot of hobbies I actively participate in. I only really wear lolita to meets and events. I don't have a ton of time/money reserved just for lolita but in a hobby sense if I don't keep a lot of irons in the fire the ole depression takes over again.
>>
It's a pretty big part of my life. I spend a lot of time looking at dresses and accessories, reading on cgl, and budgeting for the next release I want. It's my main hobby and my passion. I'm actively working on getting my comm to be more active.
>>
It's my (unhealthy) obsession. I don't remember a day in the last 3 years on which I didn't think about lolita and did something lolita related on the web. I spend a lot of time everyday checking on sales, posting on cgl and just looking at dresses or things for coords. Every purchase I make follows the lolita aesthetic, I even have a hard time shopping for normal clothes without thinking "will this top fit lolita?","this kind of lace/pattern is tacky","no, this neckline won't do".
Some time ago this was acutally a real problem, because I was so invested into lolita, but I'm a loner lolita. I finally picked up drawing again (which was my main hobby before) and now I feel more balanced.
I'd even say lolita is currently part of my identity. This doesn't mean I'll wear it forever, but cute, frilly clothing, lace and girly stuff was always part of my fashion preference and I'll probably just transition to a similiar fashion like otome or EGA if I were to quit the fashion.
>>
>>9142000
I feel like my obsession isn't really with lolita fashion specifically, but cute alternative fashion as a whole? A lot of which happens to be lolita-style because I think the look is super iconic and fun.
But yeah, I feel a bit stripped of my identity when I have to wear normie clothes for work/fitness whatever. I feel like if I'm not in a bundle of ruffles and pink I'm like a hermit crab with no shell.

On the other hand, I definitely think the people who only "identify as a lolita", wear it every day, and show no interest in other fashions are weird. It's like a bizarre persona at that point. I get the whole subculture thing, but still.
>>
>>9142000
It was a big part of my life from the get go, and it's still a huge part of who I am. Not to say that I lost myself to it, but I just really enjoy wearing it. I made some of my best friends through the comm, it forced me through a lot of shyness (because you either wear it or don't there's not being shy about it).
It's my daily fashion, but I will occasionally just wear a huge sweater if I'm unwell, lazy, or late.

When I started wearing it first my preoccupation with it sort of bordered on unhealthy because I lived in a bubble. It was an escape at a time when I had few friends, few social skills, and few other real interests. I love as much now as I did then, but I realised that not everything I do has to be related to it.
>>
I've unintentionally made lolita the only hobby I have. When I buy things, they're either lolita clothes or accessories for my outfit. My homeware is all purchased to make my living space more lolita. I travel to buy lolita or to meet with other lolitas. Even if I'm not going to a convention or lolita event I'll still probably meet with lolitas that I know in the area. I didn't mean to make lolita the primary focus of my life but it's the largest, most interesting thing about me right now. It's a little sad how much my identity revolves around it but I do genuinely love the clothes and meeting other people who love the fashion so much.
>>
>>9142000
It is a pretty big part of my life. I don't have many hobbies aside from fashion, video games and anime, and because lolita is the primary fashion I'm into, it takes up about a third (or more) of my leisure time. When I have some spare money, I usually use it to get something lolita (granted there's a game I can still milk hours out of). I try to wear it out when I can because it is one of the few things that really makes me feel good about myself.
Part of it I guess is also because you could consider me a lifestyle lolita, although rather than revolving my lifestyle around lolita, lolita is part of the existing lifestyle which I wanted for myself (very cute and ornate, luxurious, etc.).. If I was less of a hermit, I'd imagine my friends would mostly be lolitas, too.
>>
File: tumblr_nmn77krlGC1rx60ijo1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmn77krlGC1rx60ijo1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x444px
i don't feel like i have a really set identity per se, i just float in and out of things that i like and lolita is definitely my favourite. it doesn't eat up all my time or money, i only make big purchases every three or four months. i do spend a fair bit of time looking at dresses/coord photos/browsing through here because the whole lolita look just makes me feel really happy. it's a nice escape when i'm feeling a little lost.

i think cosplay gets a bit more of my attention time and money wise, but i love the opportunities i've had to meet and spend time with so many great people through lolita.
>>
It's a casual part of my life, and I don't consider it apart of my identity. I just wear it here and there now, and I don't buy that much new stuff anymore.
>>
Lolita became a much bigger part of my life after i became friends with my comm members outside of attending meets. Now I feel like I have my lolita friends and that sort of eats into the time I spend on other hobbies and with other people, not that it's a bad thing.
>>
>>9142000
A huge part, I never had a very strongly defined identity. My love of wearing lolita is finally something that I see as part of me. I learned how to do better hair and makeup from lolita, how to coordinate styles and colors, how to make accessories, and even gained some social skills from joining a comm

I wish I hadn't spent so much money on it, but it keeps me sane during stressful times and might be cheaper than therapy, definitely more effective. I wish I had started buying brand sooner, I was afraid it was a fad
>>
Lolita has definitely become a significant part of my life. I don't think it has as big of a presence as it has in other people's but since joining my comm and regularly attending meets, I've met a lot of friends through it and it's a big part of my social life. A lot of my friends from high school go to college out of state or we're just far enough and busy enough where we don't see each other much during the school year outside of breaks, and I go to a community college and it's kind of hard to make a lot of regular friends there. I enjoy being social and going out and while I have a pretty rich social life online and during breaks when friends come back, if I didn't have my comm my social life during the year would probably be somewhat bland.

On top of that I definitely spend more of my money on it, I've spent less money on regular normie clothes because I want to save more of it and put it towards lolita. I'm not a daily lolita but I hope that I can find more wearable pieces to at least wear during the week beyond meets. What I've enjoyed about lolita is that it's given me a chance to explore a more feminine style of clothing. For regular clothes I usually dress pretty casually but lolita has let me get into a more "out there" type of fashion that I really like and also lets me just feel really cute and feminine and elegant. I don't know if I'll wear it forever, but it'll definitely be a significant part of my life for awhile.
>>
>>9142000
It's been a part of my life for well... Literally half my life (12 years). It's my only special occasion and formal wear. I have a handful of dresses from thrift stores that closely mimic lolita styles but that's about it. All my other clothes are just cheap stuff from eBay/thrifted/Primark. The only thing I seriously invest in is Lolita. its the fashion I can feel fancy in, (especially as my bf's family are super rich so I feel like a street urchin around them in normal clothes) but be cute enough to suit my stature and features. I can't pull off long, figure-hugging dresses, cocktail dresses or elegant 'mature' shit normal women can and I'm fed up of being told I should wear something 'more sexy' and 'sophisticated' then getting called a child prostitute or some shit when I do.

Lolita ties in to my larger love of japanese pop culture and cool historical things. I don't like passing fads and mainstream fashion 'trends', I get my teeth sunk into an established fashion with history and an entire subculture around it. I love the art, the dresses, the music, the memes, the drama, the community and looking back at things like natural kei preceding it. I kind of don't like lolita being so mainstream now as just another 'trend' people will only take a shallow interest in or only see an excerpt of the style as it is today.

I want to get married in lolita, only my bf's mother is trying to ban me from going to her son's wedding in anything she thinks is lolita despite their being no dress code, even if there isn't a single bow, ruffle or scrap of lace on it, The bf doesn't even like lolita but he's considering not inviting her to our wedding if she's going to be like that about it. Again, this isn't some phase I'll quickly lose interest in; it's been 12 fucking years. When I'm older then it's an excuse to look grand in classic and/or classic/gothic. If the women in period dramas look fucking awesome in a petti and bonnet past 40 then so can I.
>>
File: 58870_reading_lg.gif (89KB, 417x700px) Image search: [Google]
58870_reading_lg.gif
89KB, 417x700px
Lolita is a huge part of my life, I don't consider myself a lifestyler as I still like to lounge around the house in trackpants and comfy sweatshirts but if I leave the house I'm always in lolita. I try to lolify my surroundings and buy cute things for my house and I check my favourite brands website daily.

I consider lolita to be a big part of my personality, ever since I was a little girl I wanted to look like the girls in the illustrations I saw in picturebooks. And now that I've found a fashion that lets me do that I'm not letting it go. Seriously I intend to still be wearing it when I'm 80.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.