[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here considers someone less of a lolita for being replica-chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 15

Who here considers someone less of a lolita for being replica-chan? What about a Bodyline-chan?

In my eyes being a Bodyline-chan only makes you less of a lolita if your ability to wear the fashion isn't completely reliant on buying super cheap shit. If you have enough money to buy higher quality, but don't want to spend it, clearly you're not very dedicated.

As for replica-chans, there is no excuse and I don't consider them lolitas at all.

Also, to clarify- I'm not talking about people who have a little bit of Bodyline for main pieces or a replica still in their closet from their early days, that they still wear sometimes. I'm talking about people where Bodyline is the majority of what they wear, or they own multiple print replicas proudly.
>>
Yes to both. Bodyline is mostly replicas anyway. Their non-replica shoes are not as bad but it's still a tacky knock-off sex shop. If you wear illegal print replicas like Oo Jia then you clearly have no respect for the fashion and no idea about quality clothing.
>>
Eh, I'm quite a fan of bodyline. Sturdy shit that's cheap and can be worn for casual. I have brand in my closet for meets and fancy stuff.

I tend to wonder at replica-chans who can afford better, though. If it's a young lolita, I'm more than willing to turn the other cheek for n00b errors like that.
>>
Replica-chans and Bodyline-chans are not lolitas. They are hypocrites. It's hypocritical for them to adore our fashion so much, and then wear cheap crap instead of supporting brands.
Brand makes lolita fashion what it is. Bodyline is a joke in Japan, and replicas are totally unnaceptable for obvious reasons.
I don't care what whiny excuses those people may have, they are NOT lolitas and are NOT welcome here.
>>
>>9140624
Bodyline is (or rather was when it was chgeaper) a beginner's lolita. Unironically wearing Bodyline main pieces after you actually started with brand is just stupid.
Replica-chans are the scum of the fashion and should not be allowed to be posted on CoF.
>>
>>9140674
Idk, I have literally only have ever owned brand, but there's a few Bodyline prints I do like a lot. I think it would be dumb to invest a lot in it, though, I only want like 2 or 3 main pieces from them.
>>
I just want to understand people who have the money for real brand, but still buy replicas anyway. I have seen enough replicas to know that the "just as nice as brand" thing is a damn myth. You can tell the differences the moment you look at them.
Plus, not buying brand "because they don't have muh size" when the person complaining isn't ridiculously large is stupid. There's plenty of brand that can accomodate 100 cm or so busts, but when nobody buys the larger sizes or shirred pieces, the brands are going to stop making them. Of course AP won't make a bigger size if people don't buy it.

Honestly I don't give a shit about most Bodyline one way or another. I've owned plenty over the years and I'd say (excepting shoes) that no, Bodyline isn't equal to brand quality (it's never going to be, there's a reason it's so cheap), but it can be pretty nice. Shoes are kind of "meh" for me because I owned a pair of BTSSB shoes and their quality was the same as any Taobao or Bodyline shoes I've had; if I hadn't gotten them for cheap I would never have paid that much for pleather glued shoes.
I am, however, tired of the "OMG BODYLINE HAS SUCH GOOD QUALITY I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT YOUR DRESS WASN'T BURANDO" shit. We get it. They have some nice pieces. But there's still a quality difference. Bodyline isn't going to be brand. Please stop overcompensating for that online urban legend of the brandwhore who will kick you out of their comm for not wearing head to toe brand.
>>
>>9140624
I always thought of bodyline as a costume brand. I can't think of them as an indie lolita brand. Do they still do replica's sometimes?
>>
>>9140707
Not prints, but sometimes design ones. I also can't really consider them a real indie brand.
>>9140694
Honestly, offbrand-chans just say shit like that to feel better about not being able to fit in or afford brand. I'm not gonna act like brand doesn't ever have quality issues, because it certainly does at times, but it's still superior by far to virtually any off brand and without exception Bodyline. If they pretend we are all a bunch of elitist bitches who look down on anyone who buys lower priced dresses, that they delude themselves into thinking are just as good quality, then they can feel superior to us for not owning the evil scary burando.
>>
I've been building my wardrobe for the past year, I have 6 main pieces 3 body line 3 brand. All my blouses and accessories are brand. I've been going to meets, is it okay I'd rather wear body line I haven't worn yet than rewear a brand dress I've worn recently?
>>
>>9140739
Depends on you and your comm. Nobody will give you shit, especially if your coord is good. People just get more excited about brand pieces.
>>
File: 1467303334901-1.jpg (50KB, 590x536px) Image search: [Google]
1467303334901-1.jpg
50KB, 590x536px
ITT: Echo chamber about how the brand makes the cosplay and if you don't have thousands to drop, you aren't allowed to have fun with lolita

>m-muh authentic brand name
>you don't belong here because you don't buy X
>m-muh strawman argument about how we're not bitches

What happened, /cgl/?
>>
>>9140742
Are there comms out there that actually care when people wear bodyline knock offs/replicas? When I was starting out, I remember a couple blogs that said one should get the okay from their local comm before wearing them to a meet, but every meet I've gone to since (for more than one comm) has had virtually nonexistent standards.
>>
>>9140902
Yeah, there are comms that have banned replicas and I know almost all big Lolita events have a no-replica rule. I don't think that usually extends to Bodyline though (unless it's a replica Bodyline made, obviously).
>>
>>9140760
>the brand makes the cosplay
What?

Replicas are more expensive than buying secondhand brand
>>
> Started out as Ita
> said replica was just as good as brand
> didn't want to spend too much money on Lolita
> didn't care what people thought of me
> learned about yahoo and mbok and the lower prices
> have more money to spend
> slowly start hoarding
> realises brand is definitely better than any replica
> lose weight, fit in almost all ap dresses
> fill closet with AP
> ditched all replicas except for 2 skirts for normieclothes due length
> tell people to purchase brand instead of replica since I know what it's like
> people be just as stubborn as I was
> cringe at old photos of myself in shitty bodyline coords and ebay stuff
>>
>>9140674
>>9140707
Bodyline was and still is a costume/sex shop
>>
I always really liked this dress and the balloon bears OP but desu I'd only buy them if they were like super duper cheap because they're not worth it
>>
>>9140624
Wearing nothing but Bodyline alone, I would consider less of a lolita as the fun of the hobby lies in collecting. Plus, bodyline has so much stuff that is a bit... off from the aesthetic. Replica-chans, I just feel bad for. Usually they're so fat or have such bad fashion sense (like no petti, cosplay wig, and ugly shoes) they don't look lolita at all
>>
>>9140902
I don't really care if someone is wearing a replica as long as it isn't coorded like shit
>>
I'd like to start by saying I give 0 shits what others wear. I only care if I look good. Energy that could go into bitching about others is better spent improving myself. However, for the sake of the topic:

Replica-chans always looks bad no matter what. Things are usually faded or just bad quality. Even good coording can't fix improve it much.

I only buy Bodyline's non-replica pieces, mainly solids and florals. Probably 1/4 of my wardrobe contains Bodyline as filler because I don't want my nice stuff exposed to everyday life. It used to be 3/4 to half my wardrobe until I earned more money. Wearing BL doesn't make me less of a lolita. If anything, it makes me just as good if not better than fullset-chans with the same boring shit over and over. Part of the fun of lolita for me is making and seeing creative coords. It's also fun to modify BL to make unique things only I own.
When your wardrobe contains a lot of BL, you have to work hard to make sure it looks good. Those coording skills transfer really well when you start wearing more brand. People frequently ask where my pieces are from and when I answer Bodyline, they're surprised in a good way. They don't do a 180 and say, you're not a ~real~ lolita anymore. Even if they did, I would just laugh in their face.
>>
>>9140760
>cosplay
Confirmed for bait or yet another cosplayer who doesn't know anything about our fashion, yet thinks they're in a position to talk. Bodyline is up for discussion, but it's not even debatable that replicas are shit and if you buy them, so are you.
>>
>>9140902
A few comments ban replicas and some even ban itas. I really wanna be in one of those.
>>
>>9141022
I think non print bodyline main pieces are the best thing to get when starting out.
>>
>>9141039
I know pretty much everyone says this, but I totally disagree. I feel like if you want to get into the fashion, the best way to do it is start with quality. It doesn't have to be brand, high quality offbrand is fine. First of all, ita coords are much less awful when it's at least a nice dress. Second, I feel like you just can't quite appreciate the style the same way woth Bodyline as when you get a super gorgeous, intricate piece. It's just not a good representation of what the fashion has to offer.
>>
>>9141080
Yes but again learning to walk before you came run. New people should learn basic color balance before having to work with intricate pieces, but to each their own.
>>
>>9141109
A piece doesn't have to be crazy colorful to be intricate, anon. There's no reason a better quality dress has to be any harder to coord.
>>
>>9141109
*can
>>
>>9141000
You don't seem to know what kind of sortiment a sex shop carries.
>>
>>9141039
>>9141080
>>9141109

I have a friend who went to Japan. While she was there she was introduced to examples of lolita. Thinking she knew what lolita was, she proceeded to find offbrand 'lolita' dresses and thought she was a lolita. Instead of trying to tell her what was wrong with this and turning her away with all the rules at once, I let her borrow a brand dress for one day at a convention. She was blown away and understood completely what real lolita was and the difference between what she'd bought and true lolita.

I'm not saying Bodyline is all bad, but it definitely favours the cosplay side and is not a great place for newbies because they don't yet have the discerning eye to figure out what is lolita appropriate and what is ita.
>>
Someone in my comm is seriously gunning to be oojia's spokesmodel. All of her dresses are replicas. I'm not an elitist or brand whore, I don't really care what you wear. I had a talk with her about them since I was in the market for replica blouses, and her entitlement was overwhelming to say the least.
>I am making a silent protest to brands by wearing replicas because all Japanese brands fat shame and don't offer plus size. It's not that I don't like the brand, I love them! But they deserve to lose money because of their lack of sizing. Maybe if they see enough plus size girls wearing knock offs, they'll reevaluate their size structure
Well I alter some of my brand pieces to fit better, you can too anon!
>there's not enough fabric in the waist ties for me, and I don't want to add panels because I don't want it to be obvious that I altered it. Don't want the haters to burn me alive for cutting their previous burando
Umm, ok...but there are full shirred options as well! There's lots of cute prints to choose from that oojia doesn't replicate!
>why would I spend $300 on ONE brand dress when I could get 4 for that price and they all fit like a glove. You know, couture is meant to be made in your exact measurements. So technically, my wardrobe is high fashion

I stopped talking to her after that. I don't turn my nose up to replica-chans, but this one had me doing back flips the fuck out of there.
>>
>>9141127
*Bodyline examples of lolita, wow I'm dumb today
>>
>>9141030
>ban itas

that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, as if lolitas weren't catty enough.
>>
>Bodyline
I don't care, it's basically the Walmart of lolita. It's cheap shit, but it has its uses, like beginners, poorfags, and messy meets. Obviously not as nice as brand, but doesn't make you less of a lolita.

>Replicas
No. Just no. Counterfeiting is illegal, you're just as trashy as those women who own fake coach bags and I'm shocked we let them in. A collector's group would never allow in fakes and lolita is as much a collector's hobby as it is a fashion.
>>
Bodyline is a cheapish costume shop. It has maid costumes, nurse costumes, lolita costumes and more. It's not a place to buy your clothes if you're serious about wearing lolita.
>>
>>9141030
>Ban itas
>Wear something interesting or bold like cat's masquerade or fortune tarot once
>Sorry hun, you're going to have to leave. Nothing but brand new AP that we all agree is cute here
>Someone buys British Bear
>Sorry hun, that isn't on our pre -approved print list. You look ita af. Byeee
>>
>>9140624
I don't care about how brand is ~sacred~, I've been doing this shit too long for that. They're expensive and very much desired, yes, but when it comes down to it they're just clothes.

Bodyline is cheap and not great quality obviously, but they do have a few decent pieces. Bodyline is good for days when it's raining or you're doing something messy (I'm not baking in brand no matter how cute it might be.) Its also nice to just be able to throw a dress into the washer and not worry about it. It can look decent if coorded right and with higher quality items.

Replicas? I do have some moral opposition to stealing art and such. But imo the bigger problem is how horrible they usually look. Replica makers know buyers care more about the print or design so they skimp on the fine details and construction (at the very least in comparison to the originals) and so they always look like shit.

I think both could look better if they bought from decent taobao brands or some cheaper brand pieces. There are nice brand pieces that you can snag for under $80, so why not?
>>
Bodyline is too overpriced to bother with right now. Anyone buying bodyline at full price clearly doesn't know what they're doing. With replicas though, especially non print pieces, it can be hard to tell that they're replicas. I'm not gonna penalize a new person for a stupid mistake. I usually go on a case by case basis on how annoying/unrepentant the person is.
>>
>>9141123
Perhaps you are missing the Bodyline lingerie and skimpy costume section
>>
>>9141039
I used to think this before I started using Japanese auctions. You can get solid color brand for dirt cheap sometimes if you poke around for a bit. I wish I had done that instead of buying bodyline.
>>
>>9141127
That is what happened to me. I was ita as fuck for the first year I was interested in the style (I was the variety that swooned over Chii cosplay for lolita) but when it came time to buy my first dress I opted to splurge on AP. Within weeks the ita was completely melted away and I realized how shit-tier my tastes had been.
>>
>>9141143
Yeah, the reason I hate replica-chans is because the ones that aren't just ignorant all have such entitlement when it comes to lolita. The brand's lack of plus-sized clothing doesn't justify art theft.
>>9141155
>>9141177
I've only known of one comm that bans itas, but the way they do it is they only target the really clear examples and attempt to educate them first then only kick them out if they're not wanting to learn. If someone who clearly has a good grasp of the fashion shows up in a questionable outfit, no one says anything. I think that's a pretty reasonable way to do things.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 239x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 239x266px
> mfw I have a few Bodyline pieces and I wear them more often than brand pieces
> I've even worn Bodyline to *gasp* MEETUPS!

Other than the cosplay bit, I agree with >>9140760. Funny how people will try so hard to debunk the fact that brand elitists exist.
>>
>>9141160
This is my exact position on both.

I'm in many collectable hobbies like anime figures and an observer of the high fashion community online. Within those, there isn't even a question as to whether or not counterfeits are wrong and those who partake in them are not welcome, I don't understand why it is so accepted in lolita by comparison. Comms really should ban them.
>>
>>9141276
It's not being a brand elitist, it's being anti-Bodyline. Did you not notice how many people spoke positively of quality offbrand? Sorry that you're butthurt over people pointing out the fact that Bodyline is inferior, but that doesn't change reality.
>>
I honestly don't really think that people who wear either bodyline or replica are "less lolita" than me. It's a damn fashion to me, not an identity.

To me, saying someone is "less lolita" or "not a real lolita" because they wear Bodyline or replicas is like saying someone is less, idk, "normie fashion" because they shop at Target or bought a t-shirt with stolen art on it or something. It's just a stupid thing to say.

I do get being morally opposed to replicas and am myself. And I do get that Bodyline isn't great quality. Idgaf what people spend their money on when it comes down to it, but I do think they're still "lolitas", just likely to be poorly dressed ones or ones with shitty morals.
>>
>>9141276
You and that cosplayer have no idea what you're talking about, so, fitting that you agree with each other
>>
>>9141294
Actually, I've been in lolita for two years and own more brand pieces than Bodyline. But stay salty, anon~
>>
>>9141288
>is like saying someone is less, idk, "normie fashion"
If you put it that way, it does sound incredibly stupid. People would call them less fashionable.
>>
>>9141160
agreed entirely.
>>
>>9141304
>>9141288
I don't think you can compare it to general normie fashion.

In mainstream high fashion, girls who wear counterfeits are seen as inferior fashionistas, so actually it's not that silly to say the same about girls in lolita, especially when it's a clear sign they don't respect the fashion.

Also, for example, goths see you as less goth for shopping mostly at Hot Topic, so I don't think it's that ridiculous to say the same for Bodyline-chans, either, though that's not my stance on them.
>>
>>9141304
Yeah, and I'd agree that they're "less fashionable" lolitas (hence why I said I mentioned the poorly dressed thing), not just straight up "you're not wearing the fashion AT ALL because I disagree with where you got your pieces".
>>
Mr. Yan is creepy and I don't want to give him my money for stuff that is now waaaay overpriced

>>9141302
Two years holy shit, old fuck right here
>>
>>9141302
wow olgfag. two years? time to graduate and move on, id say
>>
There are a lot of things to be angry about in the world, but for me, clothing is not one of those things.
Bodyline; I don't care. Replicas? I wouldn't wear one myself but I'm not going to say anyone who wears one is the spawn of Satan. It's their money. If they want to spend it on counterfeit goods, that is not my issue.
>>
>>9141009
I have this in red. The brown gives a surprisingly AP-chocolate-series vibe
>>
My bodyline dress I've had for 3 years is literally disintegrating, the fabric is sagging and elastic is dead. My Angelic Pretty dresses I bought second hand and are around 7 years old are in near-pristine condition. And the AP dresses have had more wear.

So yes, I feel like Bodyline is not for proper lolitas. It's fine for newbies but the construction is nothing near brand standards and the prints are much simpler and more gaudy.
>>
>>9141355
"It's their money" is the most half assed excuse for illegal replicas there is.

If someone was stealing your art and profiting from it against your wishes, would you just shrug it off as "it's their money" if people were aware of it and still bought it anyway?
>>
File: Rc9hobB.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rc9hobB.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>9140630
>>9140663
>>9140674
My closet is almost fully brand but i still have two OPs from them that are actually nice (soft cream jsk in saxon blue and a wine red op) and i like them. They are comfortable and easy to wear. Why are you gals so salty?
>hurr its a joke in japan durr
>caring about what people think in another country
Also if you honestly think simple shoes or simple cutsew replicas or shit like that is as bad as a printed main piece you're kinda retarded friendo.
People need to chill about replicas overall,as much as i am morally opposed to them because stealing art isn't cool, idgaf about what anyone wears really.
You guys never download any music illegally? Read scans or watch animu online? That's kinda hypocritical of you if you do.
>inb4 but muh niche market and muh resale value
Cry more.
Anyway brand shoes are mostly meh for the price. Had BTSSB shoes part of the heel got off on the first day. AP boots, the sole got a hole in it after a month. All the other brand shoes were as good as my taobao and even *gasp* Bodyline ones.Wew. Such quality right?
And let's be honest, as well-off as I am and as much as i tend to like what brands make and support them in the process of buying from them, it's too expensive for what it is. i mean seriously 50 bucks for some lacy cuffs? 40 bucks for socks??
But yeah just stay nice little girls sucking up to Maki and Asuka and all. Remember that at the end of the day they barely care about you (if at all) and just see you as walking wallets :^)
Tl;dr you need to chill
>>
>>9141442
Not this anon but so what?
How do you plan on stopping people from buying a replica? Tell me all about your plan. You gonna go to them and say "EXCUSE ME BUT WEARING A REPLICA IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD AND I AM GOING TO CALL THE LOLITA POLICE"?
>>
>>9141200
Most sex shops don't even carry that but only the toys, it's not a sex shop if there aren't any because you can get lingery and skimpy costumes even at Victoria's Secret and that's not a sex shop.
>>
>>9141359
Lol, no
>>
>>9141487
You sure are mad about being ita
>>
>>9141520
Lol, keep telling yourself that. This is so flawed that I don't know where to begin.
>>
>>9141200
>Walmart sells lingerie and skimpy costumes during Halloween
>Walmart is a sex shop!

I understand the dislike for Bodyline but at least use reasons that make sense.
>>
>>9141547
They sell them all year around and that's what they started as. The only reason the lolita section had improved is because of Yan wanting the money. And only trashy places, not genuine fashion stores sell skimpy costumes and made only for sex tier lingerie.
>>
>>9141494
Why do I need a plan on how to stop people from wearing replicas to point out that it's shitty? That's super silly.

Wear replicas all you want, but it makes you a fake lolita with no respect for the fashion.
>>
>>9141547
Walmart didn't start as a sex shop, anon.
>>
Bodyline to me is a good filler and cheap alternative to try something new. Their quality is low grade compared to brand and even most taobao shops. Busy when your gothic and want to see if maybe a sweet pink dress works with you, it's not that bad. I don't mind bodyline for trying something new and discover if I don't like sweet. I buy bodyline second hand though because fuck those prices when I don't want to give two shits about creepy yan. And their bloomers are not horrid for something no one will see or even care what brand they are. I hate bodyline's shoes though. Every time I got a pair they where not worth their price. It's why I buy mine from taobao since they are cheaper and most of the time look better.

On replicas though. I don't think diffrently about them but hate art theft. That part I feel is wrong. But really if the item is sold out from the shop and you buy a replica or even second hand, the shop isn't getting the money. If you oppose art theft because someone's making a profit off of someone's design (that is sold out in their shop) then you should be opposed to second hand purchasing because the brand isn't getting the money from your sale any way. I'm not defending replicas of prints but why would you argue that it's profit stealing when second hand sales are also, essentially, profit stealing as well? You would have to buy only new direct from creator to justify that argument, and never buy any thing that was used if you where in total support of a brand. They got their money when the item sold out. They made what they intended to make. Personally I rarely buy secondhand just because I have had bad sellers before. If there's something I want and I miss out on getting it, I move on and get over it. Not buy some replica or even second had at double the new price. I just accept my loss and move on.

Design replicas I don't really care about. It's not like ap is the only brand that can make a dress with a bow at the waist and lace on the hem.
>>
>>9141487
>you guys never download any music illegally?
I actually am opposed to illegal downloading, but it's not the same. When people share anine/manga or music for free, they are rarely profiting off of the download like replica companies do, and when they are it's just as bad. I wouldn't care nearly as much if a lolita printed the fabric and made the replica themselves, with no one profiting off it, I would just find it really tacky.

I also don't understand why some people get more mad at anti-replica girls for caring about something that's morally wrong than the morally wrong act itself. It's pretty retarded. If everyone was buying replicas instead of brand, you would end up with no more brand. That's just what would happen. Luckily, most lolitas are against print replicas on some scale, so that would be highly highly unlikely. Also, it shows a sense of entitlement to think it's no big deal and list a bunch of stupid escuses to justify it.

I do agree that people are being a little too salty about Body line, though.
>>
>>9141604
>If you oppose art theft because someone's making a profit off of someone's design (that is sold out in their shop) then you should be opposed to second hand purchasing because the brand isn't getting the money from your sale any way.
How can you possibly compare those two? I can't believe I have to actually break down how ridiculous this logic is.
>when you sell secondhand brand, you are not selling a stolen design
>you are selling a dress that you already paid the company for and own, thus making it your property that you have the right to sell, there is absolutely nothing morally questionable from the fact the brand isn't making money from your secondhand sale
>replica companies are illegally mass manufacturing stolen art work after vehement attempts by the major brands to get them to stop, thus making this art theft and an immoral sale

And people wonder why this issue gets bitches salty...
>>
>>9141605
So...you're being a moralfag of the nth degree?
>>
>>9141638
Being against stealing things makes me a moralfag to the nth degree? Lol okay.

Did I not say that I didn't care if people went about replicas in a similar fashion to illegal downloading? It seemed kind of clear I don't think downloading is nearly as big of a deal as replica companies and not a thing I really judge over, but I guess acknowledging theft as wrong on any level makes you a big self-righteous moral fag.
>>
>>9141614
That's not what I was trying to say. It's is legal to resale it because of the points you made. I'm more talking to those who argue the fact that it's taking money the rightful owners of the work are missing out on then saying you buy second hand in the same breath. Morally it can be seen as the same and some people see it that way. So arguing "morally I find it wrong to steal money from a brand by buying a replica" could be argued the same way when you buy used. I don't know the best way to word what I'm saying.
>>
>>9141646
Please. If you have a smart phone, you're using stolen intellectual property daily.
>>
I don't care about part of a wardrobe being bodyline but if that's all your wardrobe is then I do think you need better taste. 2-3 new bodyline dresses, or even one, could have bought some nice used brand.

Replicas are mostly cheap looking and awful to me. I do personally think that people who buy them are trashy but they're free to do what they want much like the people going for fake coach purses are free to do what they want.
>>
>>9140624
I have more brand in my closet but I wear Bodyline more often because I'm terrified of my good stuff getting wrecked at any old mundane non-event meet up. Besides, maybe like 1 or 2 girls at a 12 person meet where I live occasionally wears brand. Why bother trying to impress?
>>
>>9141592
>>9141550
Just because it started as that doesn't mean it still is one. Like you said, it got better with lolita, the reason why doesn't take that away. Plus, like anon said, they don't even sell sex toys.
>>
>>9141739
Well considering their first "lolita" dresses, they couldn't possibly get any worse. They are still crap. Sorry you only own trash.
>>
>>9141604
I always thought the "you're stealing money from brands" argument against replicas was the dumbest thing, because that's money that the companies wouldn't be getting either way. You seem rational anon, I like you.
>>
>>9141753
I still don't condone buying a replica of a print. A design like cut and embellishments I could care less if someone buys. But buying a print replica, for me, is a simple no. Doesn't matter if the original is too small for you, it is art theft. It's better to find a taobao shop that does custom sizing in a art design that is similar then it is to plain rip off the image. But resale the brand isn't making money so you can't argue "money theft" when you buy resale and never buy direct.
>>
>>9141744
Ah, what an intelligent argument.
>>
>>9141744
I never understood why people give an argument back that is pretty decent of a response. But finish it off with a needless insult making the argument look redundant. This is close to how trump shares his opinion. Having to insult at least one person for no pointless reason to boost your ego. Class is not in your favor and I'm sorry you thought this was a valid way to prep use your opinion,
>>
Replicas, yes, absolutely. Bodyline, yes, honestly. There's some exceptions to the latter, but they're more hit than miss.

Replica should be obvious. There's no excuse anymore with the abundance of taobao.

Bodyline owners and replica owners can be closely connected. I know I know a lot of Bodyline-chans that own the cheapest taobao and replicas too. Those are the ones that are awful. Also, people who treat it like a cheap costume are common with certain Bodyline owners.

It's just kind of hard for me to respect Bodyline-chans because the whole name of the game in lolita is quality and Bodyline is... not. I don't blame anyone for owning some, padding their closet, using it for daily wear, or starting with it. I'm sympathetic to people not having money, but at the same time, these people are never going to get into the fun of lolita which is owning well-made brand and understanding the quality aspect.
>>
>>9141785
>>9141798
Sorry to hurt your feelings. Everything else has already been said. Feel free to wear it but Bodyline doesn't make legitimate lolita.
>>
Lol at all of these people mad about being a sex shop. Aside from what had already been said, the name says it all.
>>
>>9141487
Your whole post just screams "I'm not actually a lolita".
>>
>>9141817
I don't know if you hurt the other anons feelings but I couldn't give a flying fuck about bodyline. Never liked it and never will. But I don't understand why people find it valid to make dumb insults at the end of their arguments like you did. It's tacktless and makes you look like your trying too hard to be a elitist.

No one really likes bodyline or replicas. Even if they preach it they don't. It's how they cope with not being able to afford it or fit it and it's how they justify being cheap. But I'm not going to insult them for wearing it simply because I can justify spending 300 dollars on one brand dress over spending 300 on 5 cheap bodyline dresses. I prefer quality over quantity. But with taobao being easy to get, its cheap and fills the closet with better products then bodyline's closet padding. So even that as and excuse isn't viable now considering their prices versus their quality.

Any new Lolita can use taobao now with my-Lolita-dress bring easy to use. Even if there is a big markup. Still cheaper then bodyline.
>>
I agree 100% with relicas, but I really don't see the negative stigma against bodyline.

Yes it's made with cheaper quality, but it can still look nice depending on how you coordinate it. I own a bunch of bodyline because it's a great way to pad my wardrobe.
Because I'm a daily lolita, I don't have to worry about it getting stained or ruined while I'm going about my business.
I love all my brand, but I don't see bodyline as a negative thing. It's just cheap clothes.
>>
>not lolita
>>
>>9141487
But nobody is attacking people like you, this is about people who mainly wear replicas and bodyline.
>>
File: tumblr_ob0yzqCq0m1thn85xo1_1280.jpg (262KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob0yzqCq0m1thn85xo1_1280.jpg
262KB, 1280x1280px
>bodyline looks so cheap
>>
File: tumblr_o7yt7cpPpm1qiqy4wo1_1280.jpg (580KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7yt7cpPpm1qiqy4wo1_1280.jpg
580KB, 1280x1280px
>being lolita is about the brand, not the style of aesthetic
>>
File: tumblr_n2qmemRPkt1shlsjko1_1280.jpg (434KB, 1133x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2qmemRPkt1shlsjko1_1280.jpg
434KB, 1133x1280px
>you must support only approved brands to be an Official Lolita(tm)
>>
>>9141604
>second hand sales are also, essentially, profit stealing
I use the money I make from sales to buy new lolita dresses, I know many others do too
>>
File: tumblr_o9o5nooxTy1uyfyr8o4_540.png (665KB, 455x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9o5nooxTy1uyfyr8o4_540.png
665KB, 455x810px
>you're not allowed to like designs by bodyline
>you are only allowed to like brand designs
>>
>>9141851
>>9141853
Anon drink some water. Your salt content is too high. Most of the people in here have said that bodyline has been done up decently and isn't a bad thing to have. We are talking about those who own just bodyline and call it quality Lolita when it's very low quality.

So calm your tatas and read the thread before you shit it up with pointless material.
>>
File: tumblr_oad8ylBwN41scjkzro1_1280.png (2MB, 700x1245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oad8ylBwN41scjkzro1_1280.png
2MB, 700x1245px
>you can't own bodyline as cheap dailywear.
>you must risk your $300 dresses every time you do normal human activities.
>>
>>9141856
High quality is a huge part of wearing lolita. You're not convincing anyone that bodyline is high quality with this, because one look at their website shows its not.
I don't care if you only wear bodyline and replicas, I just think you're not a good lolita.
>>
>>9141859
Read the response in >>9141655. Anon was referring to people who say it's stealing money from because you are not buying from the brand when they only buy resale. You can't fight " stealing money from brand" when you don't give to brand
>>
>>9141867
But they are not stealing artwork, by buying secondhand they give money to other lolita's who give money to brands
>>
>>9140624
I've never really cared about bodyline-chans if they are making an effort to look nice. I hate replicas like any other, but won't openly hate on someone who makes that choice.

The argument that only wearing brand supports brands as the original content creators is a dumb one. Sure wearing and supporting brands gives brands confidence to flex their creative ideas and helps strengthen the culture BUT unless you are buying direct from the stores (i.e not second hand) the brands don't see a dime.

So if you wanted to make an argument for "you can only be a lolita ... brand" you need to remove all second hand-chans.

Additionally does it stop at bodyline and replicas? Many indie and Chinese brands like F+F and Pumpkin Cat are creating and implementing original design ideas and motifs so are they exempt?

In order of respect:
>1. I hate replica-chans, I don't mind Bodyline lolitas who avoid the knockoffs.
>2. Secondhand lolitas still support the culture buy supporting brands, even if brand designers don't see any money, it is still good for them in the long run. They normally have a few direct from brand in their closet as well.
>3. lolitas who make the effort to buy direct from brand stores. I don't see why this makes lolitas more elite in some circles. It's often cheaper to buy a new release direct than to get it on somewhere like Lacemarket (after scalpers, shopping service fees, lolitas trying to recoup costs from postage and appreciation of price due to popularity).
>4. Most respect goes to lolitas who regularly shell out to support indie brands. When the prices of releases from some chinese and other indie brands are starting to creep up to brand tier, and while you will likely receive a lesser product price point wise. It is great to see lolitas support these fresh businesses who inject new ideas.

In short thank you indie-chans. Without you, we wouldn't have unappetizing whales with bulbous heads.
>>
>>9141851
>>9141853
>>9141856
>>9141858
>>9141861
>>9141863
Jesus calm down and read the thread you moron. People are talking quality not that it can't be approved in a nice looking outfit. The quality of the items is still crap.
>>
>>9141870
This on so many levels.
>>
Wow, that is one salty Bodyline-chan. BL doesn't just look cheap, it feels pretty cheap wearing it too. These days the price doesn't even justify its quality either. You can look nice in BL, but not that nice. Stay mad.
>>
How can someone possibly be "less" of a lolita? You're either a lolita or you aren't. It's literally just a clothing style. Regardless if what you're wearing is a replica or bodyline, you're still a lolita if your outfit falls into the lolita aesthetic.

>movement to start giving lolitas percentages ie "She's only 59% lolita"
>>
On the OP's topic, I do see those who wear Bodyline and replicas more than brand as less /interested/ in lolita as a hobby. Lolita is just clothes for some people but I think their tastes do create a clearer line from those who take the fashion more seriously (though of course there are people who are primarily into brand that have the "it's just clothes" attitude too).

Personally, I don't like replicas at all, even the designs that BL have done, but I don't care too much if I see someone wearing it.

>>9141895
This.
>>
>>9141869
Again, the fact that your money you spend in second hand DOES NOT GO TO BRAND POCKETS. So you can't argue that it's taking money from brand if you buy second hand since brand doesn't see that money either. You can't make a statement like yours saying " but buying second hand gets the seller to buy more brand" you have no clue if that seller is going to buy brand from the shop directly or buy a replica with the money you gave them. You can't proxy your money like that.
>>
>>9141655
>>9140902
Both comms I've been in haven't cared as long as people don't plug replicas and have a good attitude/ are fun to hang out with. THAT SAID, it is easier to be friends with someone who isn't a replica-chan or wears bodyline because you actually have more to talk about fashion/ hobby wise. With fellow brand lolitas you have so much to talk about because of the regularity of releases and sheer volume of items. When a new release comes out you can message them even if you aren't close friends and talk about it. Were as with bodyline and replica lolitas... there is nothing... like.

>"sooo I saw Bodyline restocked those generic black shoes the other day"
>"yyeeuup. I have those, they are comfy...."
>"how about petticoats, am i right?!"
>....conversation dies.

Note though: There is normally a more "elite group" attached to a lot of comms who have private meets. Mostly not because they are elitist cunts but more often because they all started the fashion around the same time, met in the comm like.. 5 years prior and have been friends since, been in the fashion for +5years with expansive brand filled wardrobes because of it.

But even if you buy or sell something second hand.. the brand still got the money from the initial sale. Brand still gets money. It was initially bought from them. They get the money. Honestly you are acting like clothes just materialize in a cabbage patch as second hand pieces.
>>
>>9141851
You may want to note that the only reason the coord looks okay is because the JSK is coorded with non-Bodyline items. Kek.
>>
>>9141682
Oh god, you replica-chans really will pull any excuse out of your ass to feel okay about yourselves.
>>
File: 1465810093058.png (66KB, 164x216px) Image search: [Google]
1465810093058.png
66KB, 164x216px
>some people itt are actually defending replicas
Absolutely shameful
>>
Why can't replica people just accept that they're morally wrong? Even if you still do it, why can't you just be like "well, it's wrong, but idgaf"? Why do you have to pull out all these half assed arguments to justify replicas, like bringing up illegal downloading as if there aren't stark differences between the two? Or even fucking smartphones?

Seriously, why can't you just own the fact you are funding the blatant theft of people's art?
>>
>>9141938
Nice double post>>9141939

Replica defenders defend it like they do for the same reason people go to church. To assure themself that their sins are acceptable because temptation of the devil was to blame. It's all lies they tell themselves to make something they know is wrong seem right.
>>
>>9141901
I am saying this as a buyer of new brand. I sell old releases and use the money to buy new brand. The people who buy my old brand are giving me money which I use to buy directly from shops. I know for sure.
>>
>>9141978
Just because you do it doesn't mean every one does. And even still don't use the excuse that because you gave your money for used brand means you are giving money to brand for their stuff. It's still saying you proxied your money to brand.
>>
>>9141982
I'm one of those people who thinks replicas should be banned from comms and all sales sites, and I hate anyone who wears them, but I agree that this specific argument (the company doesn't make a profit from the sale) is weak.
>>
>>9141982
Except that this is really common in lolita and I know for sure a lot of girls in my comm do it too. Anyway, even if the person you buy it from doesn't spent the money on new brand, it's still better than supporting art theft
>>
>>9141984
It's a weak argument when your arguing versus print theft. I personally don't like replicas and think print theft is wrong. But I also don't buy second hand often. Most of my brand things I have bought in store or of their websites. If I got any thing second hand it was typically by trade or an item they made them selves. I have sold mine to other people and turned to buy new brand. I feel you on that. But it's typically not the case with every one who is selling brand. There are people who use the money to buy more second hand which still doesn't support the brand financially until it cycles to someone who does. And that's an if it does.
>>
>>9141604
I like you. You're sane.
>>
>>9142010
One of the few I'm afraid.
>>
>>9141939
>>9141944
Exactly. I wear replicas, I recognize its wrong but IDGAF.
>>
>>9142017
I hate you like 96% less than all other replica-chans
>>
>>9141851
>>9141853
>>9141856
>>9141858
>>9141861
>>9141863
You know anon, like a wise black man said once "a bitch is a bitch", so let the bitches in this thread bitch about irrelevant shit that make them feel better about their bankrupt.
>>
>>9142089
Replicas and bodyline are not the cheapest options
>>
>>9141931
Way to make assumptions. I don't own any replicas.
I was trying to point out to anon that thought they were so morally righteous that they don't support anything illegal when everything in the industry has been subject to stolen intellectual property. Having "morals" is not an argument when your "morals" only pertain to brand.
>>
>>9142159
They were pretty clear that they don't judge people who illegally download the same way as replica supporters, so they're not acting nearly as morally superior as you're trying to say they are. Just because you think stealing is bad and people shouldn't do it doesn't make you a moralfag. That's the same line of thinking an edgy teenager would have.

And having a smart phone doesn't invalidate tour opinions on art theft.
>>
I'm biased because the only replica-chans I knew were cunts. This one looked down on me for getting some taobao indie brands because she ~only wore brand~ but then fast forward a few years I hear she's having trouble selling off her wardrobe as she leaves lolita because it was mostly replicas.
Other experiences with these girls is weird. Like they're always defensive and try to act superior to other girls because they're saving money. But if you don't look good it doesn't matter how much you saved. Barely any of them give a shit about making a decent coord, they think just having the print makes them good lolitas. It misses the entire point.
It seems like replica-chans put less effort into understanding the community and fashion also. I don't really get what they're even doing here half the time. They just seem to be cosplaying as lolitas.
>>
>>9142170
I'm not the anon they were replying to. I never called them a moralfag.

I'm only saying you can't say you don't support stealing of intellectual property, when by living in today's society, you clearly do.
>>
>>9142172
I feel the same way, it's as if they don't really like lolita fashion, they just want the popular print, or wear lolita to a con sometimes. Why? I don't understand it. Anyone who loves lolita fashion would prefer (indie)brand.
>>
>>9142188
or handmade
>>
Jfc this thread is a shitfest

>sage
>>
>>9141604
>you should be opposed to second hand purchasing because the brand isn't getting the money from your sale any way.

That's fucking stupid! If I want to buy...say, milky planet secondhand, It's not my fault when the brand isn't selling it in their store anymore. I still may want it, and therefore will buy it secondhand anyways. I doubt ap will give a shit.
>>
>>9142240
Also, adding to what i just said. If brands really have a shit of people buying their items secondhand, the logical thing to do is do more re-releases of prints they know will sell out. Like cat's tea party, for example.
>>
>>9142240
Did you not read the replies after that was posted? The post was talking about people who play the " it's stealing money from brand" people who only buy second hand. You can fight stealing money from brand when you don't give money to brand. God you people have horrible reading comprehension.
>>
>>9142184
You are literally saying that no one can be against replicas because smart phones. That is so unbelievably idiotic.
>>
Adding my own two cents here...

Been wearing lolita not so long (about two and a half years now) mostly my wardrobe is a mix of brand, bodyline, taobao, indie brands, vintage blouses, and then three replicas - which I'm hoping to get rid of soon, a rookie mistake made in the past, but everything I have bought, barring one pair of bodyline shoes and one bodyline set i bought more for a steampunk event than lolita, has come second hand from comm sales or yahoo auctions.

I am a self confessed landwhale, but even then I have brand that fits reasonably well, and will fit better as i lose more weight, so i don't get the "muh sizing" issues, just lose weight if its healthy for you to do so, if it isn't, shirring exists.

I recently bought the real version of one of the replicas and saw the differences first hand between the two, hav e to admit the replica had lines waist ties and the real AP didn't but then again, that can slide!

I've also been wearing lolita most days to my university classes, and in all honestly the bodyline pieces i have are more practical than this.
>>
>>9142275
>literally
No I'm not. I never said I wasn't against replicas either. Keep projecting.
>>
>>9142279
Some AP pieces are really really short tho... But then, there is tons of other dressed to buy, you just can't have anything you want, i guess.
>>
>>9142303
That is true, but also underskirts exist.
>>
>>9142273
I re-read it just to make sure. I didn't see anything in that post coming off like she wasn't agreeing with people that said that. The way she typed it out made it sound like it was her opinion. Maybe she should make sure it doesn't come off that way next time if that's not what she really meant. Might save some confusion.
>>
File: secondhand.jpg (131KB, 937x594px) Image search: [Google]
secondhand.jpg
131KB, 937x594px
>>9142001
Buying secondhand is still better than buying replicas/knock-offs. Someone at some point paid money to the creator whereas buying replicas is possibly taking a sale away from the creator and helping them make more knock-offs. I say "possibly" because replica-chans are probably the type to just not buy any lolita if their only choice was to shop brand.
>>
>all of that salt because of damn clothes
Y'all need to chill
>>
>>9142240
Literally same argument "it's not my fault that the brand doesn't sell my size!"
>>
>>9142452
are you new?
>>
>>9141865
It's about looking at the coord objectively right there in front of you, not investigating pieces online to find out how cheap they are reflected how poorly designed the site is. How are you not a good lolita if you manage to make cheap look good? Anyone can wear a full sat and not fuckj up.
>>
fake dress=fake lolita

>>9142452
filthy casual
>>
>>9142733
>filthy casual
The definition of Bodyline.
>>
>>9142550
The actual amount of Bodyline coords that are actually good, as opposed to decent or passable, is pretty rare. We've just lowered the standard because we expect Bodyline to be bad. And virtually all of the good Bodyline coords could be better if you swapped out the Bodyline for something brand or Taobao, and a truly good lolita would have done that in the first place instead of compromising for something lesser.
>>
File: tumblr_nm2cwbDfA21rionq1o1_1280.jpg (274KB, 850x621px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm2cwbDfA21rionq1o1_1280.jpg
274KB, 850x621px
>new to lolita
>impulse bought 2 bodyline pieces and a replica jsk just to try it out, to see if I even like it
>making up coords is actually pretty chill, have fun collecting and making accessories

Fuck it I guess I'll just call it a princess costume then, like hell I'm not gonna wear it if I already own it.
>>
So tl:dr of this thread seems to be Bodyline is okay as long as you coord it right and replicas of prints are bad but nobody cares about design replicas.
>>
>>9144740
That's been the general opinion on /cgl/ for the past couple years now.
>>
Bodyline is one of those things that most people start out with and many people still wear pieces from even after years of being in the fashion.

I can sort of forgive an uneducated newbie when it comes to print replicas. There are better options now than what there were even a few years ago, and still there's no real excuse aside from ignorance (still forgivable as people can learn). If you've been wearing them proudly for years and refuse to support originality/creativity an integrity you're a pretty shitty person.
>>
>>9140630
>Bodyline is mostly replicas anyway
Except it's not anymore. I can't think of one replica dress on their site that they still sell.
>>
>>9145541
There are still a good number of design replicas, though whether or not we're counting them as replicas remains debatable.
>>
>>9145626
I don't consider anything that doesn't involve a custom print or a pretty unique design (like those music note heels) a replica. You can't own the design of a simple sailor dress or how ruffles are placed on a dress, nor are there that many different ways to do either.
>>
>>9140624
purchasing really good clothes at really low prices is an artform in itself

the truth is everybody is better off just making their own clothes out of raw materials if such a thing is possible for someone
>>
It's a common newbie mistake to have Bodyline as baby's first dress though. You can't really blame them.
People who actually want to care and invest in the fashion sell their newbie bodyline dresses and get brand with the money. Depending with the circumstances, I'd say this stage is about 4 months to 1 1/2 years. Most newbies are scared about using sites like yahoo actions and opt for a "safer" alternative like bodyline (I say "safer" because it pretty much works just like any other online shop, and might fear the unknown.) Once they learn to use better sites, their quality increases a lot. They slowly full their closet with brand and don't really need bodyline, unless it is a dress they really really like or something to use just to not dirt brand. And so they become better lolitas.

Others, just wear bodyline as an excuse, to "feel like a lolita" and never pass this stage. They don't become better. They think they don't need brand, when brand feels and looks better than bodyline. Those I just don't have any respect for. People like this just never look good.

Before bodyline got higher prices, I used to think it was a good alternative for girls who don't really have money, but if they could coordinate it well, I had no problem (I actually admire those who can coordinate such shit dresses). But nowadays, buying brand second hand can be even cheaper than a bodyline dress. There's no use for buying it unless you REALLY want to go cheap and buy bodyline second hand, but full prices are just stupid.

Replicas are just disgusting looking, specially print ones. I don't like how they look in real life and I don't respect them. Bags are ugly as well.
With shoes though I have no problems, since you're going to destroy them anyways. With blouses and cardigans it really depends on how bad they look or feel on you.
>>
>>9140924
This is the never ending cycle, right here.
Underrated post.
>>
I used to be kind of "pro"-replica (more neutral than anything) but the more I've dealt with art thieves in my own time (fucking tumblr doesn't seem to understand that no, commissions are not free to use by whoever downloads them) I've become pretty anti-replica and am kicking myself for the one that I bought myself. I should have saved the money and used it to buy some secondhand brand. I ended up taking the JSK apart and making it into a skirt that I can wear on rainy days/when I'm worried about ruining something nicer.

So I don't really consider replica-chans "less lolita" but I do consider them shittier people, even if it makes me a damned hypocrite.

As for bodyline? I like some of their pieces and if they hadn't upped the prices and their jsks could fit my ridiculous cow tits, I'd probably buy some of the more basic, solid pieces for filler. Still doesn't make someone "less lolita" to me.
>>
>>9142507
Yeah, but one is selling their stolen design, the other is selling the original, which when you bought, you bought the right to sell.
>>
From the sticky:

Lolita:
* Lolitas are known for being brutal bitches. If you can't take the heat, walk away.
Again, don't buy from Milanoo.
If you're new to the fashion, Bodyline is a good place to start. (http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/)
99% of the time, ebay lolita purchases will be horrible quality and you will be mocked.
Replica discussion usually goes nowhere.

This really needs to be changed. If bodyline was ever considered good for beginners, it is not anymore now because they have raised the prices a lot and most of their stuff remains shit.
>>
>>9145769
There's thousands of ways if you look at past brand releases. Sounds like you are a replica wearing ita
>>
>>9144740
Again, an awful lot of people care about design replicas. Especially in Japan.
>>
>>9146240
Most of us aren't in Japan so it really doesn't matter. Besides, unless you buy your shoes 100% from brand there's a decent chance they're replicas and straight up nobody gives a shit about that
>>
>>9146240
For me it depends on the design. Like, an exact replica of something like Marionette Girl, for example, isn't much better than a print replica to me. However, and exact replica of something like the Miranda JSK by AatP isn't as offensive because it's not very unique of a design.
>>
>raises hand<

I'm more akin to cosplay than lolita, so this might be a stupid question, but what about people who make their own outfits? Is there a special sub-division for those guys?

I'm not talking about people going to different websites and putting things together, I mean buying the fabric, taking the measurements, sewing the hems, fixing the lace, etc... I guess what I'm asking is that is there any divide between people who wear lolita (let's say from a reputable brand) and then people who make the clothes themselves and wear that? Is the latter more respected? Or does it not matter?
>>
>>9147001
As long as you actually know how to sew and can make lolita dresses that don't look like shit everyone will fawn over you. Homemade is only sometimes looked down upon because people try to make lolita out of bed sheets.
>>
>>9147001
High quality handmade will earn you praise and respect. Unfortunately, examples of truly well made handmade lolita are few and far between, at least from what can be seen online. Not to say there aren't any people who make beautiful things but there seems to be an abundance of people whose work is subpar, which is why handmade is a bit stigmatized.
>>
>>9147001
Only on cgl there are people who shit on lolita's who only wear handmade, and hold them to a higher standard. One of the biggest lolita magazines always has patterns in it, so it's normal. Before brands started shipping overseas, almost every western lolita only wore handmade.
>>
>>9146129
seconded! though I want newbies to make mistakes as well.
>>
>>9147047
Why would you want that
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471387093839.jpg (33KB, 489x601px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471387093839.jpg
33KB, 489x601px
I don't consider them lolita's either. Come on, you can buy several AP dresses for that money.
>>
>>9146253
I give a shit about that, you can't talk for literally every person.
>>
>>9140674
I have a closet full of brand and still like to wear Bodyline to meets where my dress could potentially get dirty or damaged.
>>
>>9147001
It's very rare for a lolita to only wear handmade. Let's face it, if you know anything about sewing you know that the general cost of materials is going to be high for a nice quality garment. And any lolita who makes her own clothes probably has a good amount of admiration for brand designs. If you're the kind of person who has the patience, time, and money to make a nice quality lolita dress, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can probably afford nice brand, too. Which is why most lolita that own nice handmade also own nice brand. If you're the kind of person who doesn't know much about sewing or fabrics and makes "lolita" dresses anyway, you probably don't know very much about construction and doesn't appreciate high quality garments. That's why a lot of handmade only lolitas are seen as itas. They've never owned a real lolita garment and don't know how to properly construct one.
>>
>>9141160
This, from the bottom of my heart.
>>
>>9140924
Am I the only one that didn't start with replicas or Bodyline? I jumped immediately into brand, but only after years of occasionally lurking, losing weight, and having more money to spend.
>>
>>9147126
Doing that at the moment. All i have is a headdress but god damn it im gonna get more clothes if it almost kills me. Buying good quality clothes and saving money needed for them is going to give the person more time to put a coord together thats nice, lose weight if they have to, and they lurk more so theres improvement (hopefully) over time so the pecies that are bought look good and are of superior quality. Fuck if i had spent hella on bodyline right out of the gate id still look like a mess cause its bodyline and im still learning. Better to plan than to act.
>>
>>9141739
Yan likes pretty lolitas, naturally his store would evolve to entice more pretty lolitas to visit his stores and want to meet him.

And the Yan daki didn't tip you off at all that it hasn't changed? It's only gotten less obvious. Jap standards are generally what we go by right? Japs still think it's a questionable sex shop tier place.
>>
>>9141739
>they don't even sell sex toys
Then what were we supposed to do with the Mr Yan body pillow ??
>>
>>9146238
I don't own any replicas. I wear half brand and off-brand Taobao. Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that unless it's a super unique way to design a dress, it's not a replica and there's only so many designs you can do.
Like that Bodyline JSK people wanted to call a replica of the IW sailor JSK. It's a simple sailor dress with double breasted buttons, it's not a ground breaking design that no one else would have ever come up with.
>>
>>9147001
It's respectable if you can sew it to be equal to or superior to brand, but it's rare. Check out Lizchen_R of Moscow. Her work is considered the gold standard for handmade.
>>
>>9147126
I think a lot of people like to get a feel for something before they really decide to commit.

Also, it's only been that fairly recently, brand has been cheap and easy to come by. A few years ago, even common prints were going for 250+ a pop used. Go back 5+ years when the yen was stronger against the dollar and prices were quite a bit higher.

These days, you can get last season's less popular prints for $150 or less, much less 2008 items for even less than that.

A lot of people went with Bodyline because it was just easy and very cheap, much cheaper than today. Now, Bodyline's prices compare to Taobao or cheap 2nd hand brand. You didn't see a lot of people jump directly into brand even when I started just 4 years ago. Replicas at that time were still debated even by a lot of established lolitas. It wasn't until AP asked egl@lj to ban them, did people start reconsidering. Now, they are a lot more taboo than they used to be, especially with so many original and custom-size options around for low cost. You're pretty much blissfully unaware, ignorant, or inconsiderate and tacky if you continue to support them.

For what it's worth, I started buying brand probably 3-4 months after getting into the fashion with Bodyline and a replica.
>>
>>9146240
Pintucks, lace, pleats, gathering, chiffon...these were all around before lolita. People who bitch about design replicas just look ridiculous.

>congrats cgl, we all took the bait. Even me.
>>
>>9148884
But combining those things makes an unique design. In my country it's illegal to make and transport those. And I'm pretty sure they are in a few other countries too and I think it's fine. I don't get why the designers shouldn't get the protection to their, let's say, shoes for example. They have used time to design them. Then someone too lazy to make a bit different design makes money out of them, isn't it a same kind of theft but they are not stealing the art on top? Of course you can't get copyrights to single element or generic designs like a heart bag but lolita shoes or VW rhs would definitely fall under protection and I find it right. It's not so hard to modify the design a bit so it's no longer replica.
>>
>>9148884
I can't help but feel a little bit guilty when I buy a design replica. Forgive me for my little ramble. Just getting it out of my system since my comm is a little too sensitive for replica discussion.

Those things you mentioned may not be new features but combined in a certain way they can create something unique and distinct. Lolita is a pretty niche fashion and you can often identify which brand, even down to which year/season, a piece is from just by looking at it. Not much of a stretch then, to figure out who ripped off who. I'm not talking about it from a legal/copyright standpoint but a personal moral one. I won't even buy Secret Shop or Antaina shoes. A bit of a weird thing to get hung up about since most people don't give a shit about design replicas. I've become more and more of a brand whore over time and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.